Speaker 1: Edward Jones is an expert on many secret things and then many public things. Edward Jones, Welcome to the other side of midnight.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm Walter. Great to be with you again, Yes.
Speaker 1: Sir, Now, many many issues get to be distorted beyond belief. I happen to believe that there is no American that has any interest in becoming a socialist. What I believe is there many hundreds of thousands of Americans that would like to have much better, more reasonably priced, or free healthcare if the healthcare insurance, If the health insurance issues were fixed, there'd be no more talk about socialism. But it's been made bigger and bigger and bigger. Get rid of Congress, get rid of the Justice, get rid of the presidency. Yeah, that sounds really good. But the fact is, if the healthcare system was fixed financially, all that talk would go away. Because they hear about Canada. Oh, free healthcare in Canada. Yes, and you have to wait until you're almost dead to get it. But other than that it works out fine. Again, with the straits of horror moves, with the whole straits of horror moves, business and cutter and all sorts of things about the Middle East, and nobody understands. Absolutely nobody understands. It really comes down to the price of gas. That's all it is to most of us, normal people working the Great Shift, the first shift, it's about the price of gas. Now, Edward Jones, because of your twenty thousand foot view of the Middle East situation, what does what do you see as the future of the price of gas and oil futures in general?
Speaker 2: Sir, I would bet Walter well, first of all, the good news, so I say, if I can say good news. Regular gas today is four dollars and four cents a gallon, but that's trending a little bit up, you know, as the Brent crew oil barrel price goes up. Brent crude is the international barrel price that all of our gas prices here in the US are based on. It's a market price. So premium right now is looking at four ninety four. We're getting toward five dollars a gallon, and I said this before. You know, Fortunately, right now the demand for gases is a little off this summer, and it's keeping prices kind of level, but they're still trending up slightly. Four ninety four for premium, the mid grade is four point fifty five and your diesel is five thirty six. So you know, if I were buying futures contracts, I'd be saying I'd be betting that they're going to keep rising slightly. And this is due to two reasons that there's risk in the Middle East. Right now, there are four wars going on.
Speaker 1: No, no, don't go, don't don't talk about that. I just want to know about the price of gas.
Speaker 2: I just gave you the price of gas.
Speaker 1: But okay, that's enough. Now I have another question about gas. I can't get involved with four wars. I have daughters. There's just so many wars I can get involved with. That you mentioned about the mid range gasoline. There's premium and then there's cheap Who uses the mid range gasoline? Who exactly buys that? What car requires the mid price gasoline?
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, won't drive. I don't know exactly.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows. It's a conspiracy. There is no American car that you can buy and open up that manual and says we recommend the mid octane gasoline. And there are very few cars, hardly any, that want the premium. Now there are people who are grandiose that they want cars that take premium. I don't know anything about them. There are people who want the premium gas just because they think of themselves as premium people. But ninety nine end of Americans use the cheapest gas. If you're very fortunate to drive through New Jersey and you go into a gas station where they actually pump your gas, they actually provide this great service, and the guy looks at you, go, you go cheapest, Give me the cheapest. That's all most people know. Now, what is the price of the cheapest today?
Speaker 2: The price of the cheapest welter is four dollars and four cents a gallon.
Speaker 1: Again, and that's what most people use. But what is that mid range? See, even you an expert on the straits of harmus and oil, you don't know who uses the mid range? Neither do I Do you remember when you were a child that Snoko had like eight different grades of gas that they had a big dial on the side of the pump, like eight different grades of gas.
Speaker 2: That's right, it was twenty six cents a gallon there.
Speaker 1: Now, who would use all those other ones? You're getting crazy if you're gonna get fancy about the grades of gas you used, don't you think, Edward.
Speaker 2: I do think that, Walter, And quite honestly, I keep my eye on the premium fuel. That's that's where a lot of cars are today. They're using the premium and even if they don't have to, I think they do use it. But that's trending right now at four three. So we're looking at that five dollar point pretty soon. And if we're in a holding pattern, as they said the last show or the show before, we're a giant holding pattern right now with both sides looking at each other but not talking to each other. And as long as that stays that way, we'll be in this slightly rising level. But as soon as the market. By the way, these prices all reflect what the future is telling the mister and missus market, and so you know, if we if negotiations start to go down, then risk is going to go up and these prices will go up. It's well, you know over fire into five low fives would be five fifty. We don't know, but it depends on how the negotiations are going.
Speaker 1: Well, they're not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: They're not, I said, we're in a holding pattern, which is which is kind of good. But understand that mister and missus market look at the risk, and the risk is dependent on how the negotiations are conceding. So if it looks like the negotiations are going to collapse, right and they go back to shooting, we hope not, but then you'll see prices rise again. But right now we're in a holding pattern, and you know, Trump is hoping this will will last, you know, below five dollars or whatever, and so the midterms and the Iranians that they could care less. They're just imposing economic pain on the world with inflation. And I went to the grocery store the other the supermarket. Crustadians by the way, shout out, and prices are really high relatively speaking, and we're feeling.
Speaker 1: Well, well, they're cheaper than anyplace else. Go ahead, what were you saying.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that, you know, Iron's goal is to inflict economic pain. They want to see the higher prices. And as you said last night, they don't care about their people at all.
Speaker 1: I wasn't here last night.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Well, I'm mixed up. Monday morning. Monday morning, you said, you know, they don't care about it. They don't.
Speaker 1: They don't know. They're horrible. Yeah, they're horrible people.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, Edward Jones, how do we find you online?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, great, thank you. Well they listeners can find me at it's the at sign at Edward Jones NYC. Like from New York City, Edward Jones at Edward Jones NYC. On both X the former Twitter, thank goodness, elon Musk Rescue that I write on next almost every day, and also substack s U, B S T A c K. They'll find some wonderful writing there on all of this stuff and more. But anyway, I write every day, not only in this but on other things that you know, it's like my little magazine.
Speaker 1: Well to thank you, well, it's a lot of work. I appreciate it. Give us the the X handle again. Give it to us again without all that elaboration.
Speaker 2: Just tell it to us. The X handle is at sign at Edward Jones NYC. And that's it. And it's the same for substack