Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services insure your most prized POSSESSI yets.
Speaker 2: Hell, you good enough to moon everybody.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I was Steve Bavera and with me today is one of our usual guys. I'm good to see you as you do it, Okay, Blake, Blake Eager, Yeah, thanks thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Steve.
Speaker 2: Did you was it?
Speaker 3: You were obviously handling the WBC World Baseball Classic?
Speaker 5: Did you was it? Did a met your expectations or beyond? I think beyond I mean, and you know, step back a little bit. You know, our tendance numbers weren't exactly where we would like to have them. It's a first time event, first time having Major League Baseball back in fifteen years. But you know, we we probably averaged roughly twenty five hundred fans per game. The Kids in the Park day were an absolute hit. We had six thousand kids out there on Monday and Tuesday eleven am. But the feedback that we got from Major League Baseball and World Baseball Classic far exceeded what we were hoping for, and then and then we had six of those games were on nationally tele advised on Fox Sports Too and MLB Network. So actually Thursday night we got done and went did a little post recap with MLB and WBC and all the TVs and at the Union were playing the game, and it was just it was surreal as a kid that grew up in Tucson to step back for a second and say, as a community, we were able to do this, and I think it puts us in the driver's seat on a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: Cool, very cool, and maybe a return.
Speaker 5: Maybe a return, Yeah, working through that logistically, because now you have baseball back in the Olympics in LA and twenty six, six, twenty eight, so it looks like the qualifier would be in twenty nine. But I think we would be a front runner for it and I would love to have them back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, I want to Throsty. I think a part of the issue was a little cold. Yeah, a little cold, and well we'll talk about that. You talked about fans. This is what I want to talk about today. You're a you're a U A basketball fan. You're a fan, You're a ticket holder from a long time, I think, right, m huh, and you've been doing it for a while. Uh, what do you think about the fans in McHale? What do you think about the fans the feeling of the fandom in McHale?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What should be? And you did you hear Tommy's comments? I didn't. Okay, good, So you're I'm blasted, but going ayeah.
Speaker 5: I would start by saying that, depending on the opponent, we could be considered one of the top destinations for a game. I think consistently, consistently we lack the type of energy that other places do. I mean when you're looking at Kansas, right, I think we could.
Speaker 2: You did not hear any of his comments?
Speaker 3: I didn't hear any Okay, okay, So, and you're kind of going in directions where I okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I So I've kind of taken myself back, and I think you and I spoke about it on the game on Thursday. I haven't even I haven't gone back and watched the ASU game. Okay, I'm just getting, you know, uh, secondhand news from other people. But when I'm feeling like what I feel there is like when we played Houston and Iowa was there, or we played Iowa State fantastic, fantastic right when you played other teams. So I don't want to say subpar, but subpar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Jue, You've gone to many, if not all right. I look back at you sometimes and I think this is what we talk about.
Speaker 2: So what are your thoughts? And I'm sure you read you read Tommy's quotes.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, everything Tommy said I was already I had already thought. I've already said to multiple people that asked me about the crowds and the atmosphere. And I'm gonna use Tommy's quote, there are steps between Arizona and the Kansas Major Iowa State. Yeah, Houston's and Houston's barely in their second year, and yeah they did their forehead.
Speaker 2: I told I saw his quotes. Let me say this.
Speaker 3: That's not the first time he said this. It's like the third or fourth time he says this that he kind of got on not got on the fans, but he says, these are these guys. We're here, and no doubt you you said it without being biased pretty much right, And it's only for the big games. That's that's the case. And we're in Tucson Lake games and all that. But he's he said it spun on. He said it when he first got here and he went to his first game at U of A and he says, you guys say you're a good basketball town.
Speaker 2: You didn't come today. You guys.
Speaker 3: If you guys need to be what you say you are, show up and cheer the team. Right this is four three almost four years ago, three four years ago, and I'm thinking he's spot on. He's calling them out, and people's got it. They listened, they listened. But to your point, Blake, they only come out for the big games, and it's got to be crazy.
Speaker 2: And even for the big games.
Speaker 3: I looked back at you, yep, one of those big games, and we saw empty seats.
Speaker 2: Where everywhere, almost everywhere near the near the top.
Speaker 6: It's not just the top, there's there's spots in the lower bowl.
Speaker 2: Near us, near us, right to the left of us. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, but the thing is, Tommy said a lot in that quote, right, he said a lot of Babe.
Speaker 2: We talked about it, but he spot on.
Speaker 3: He's spot on, and he's not talking to the people that are actually in the room. He's talking about the people that don't go, And I think it was the people that don't go.
Speaker 6: We're the ones that were a lot of people were upset and they shouldn't be right. They're going to be right, Yeah, but.
Speaker 5: People have a tough time looking in the mirror and having a realistic conversation with the selves. You're you're spot all of that to mean, you talk about our current climate where we're at to have ownership and your mistakes is almost unheard of these days. And so as a fan, you should take pride in what you do day in and day out for this club. And you should listen when somebody of Tommy's stature comes and says what he says, because he's seeing the other side of it. Yes, when he goes to other places, he's commenting and saying, guys, we are not in Iowa state. You're not a Kansas, You're not a Houston, You're not anywhere near these right now? How do you change that culture?
Speaker 3: When I say, and I think want will agree with me, you can agree with me or not. When I say Arizona's not a blue blood, I mean it realistically. We've had that conversation and do you agree. I agree with you, But these people think they are, You're not. You know, I think I'm Brad Pitt. Guess what I'm not. I just just the way the world is. And you can't overthink this that you're better than you think you are, because you're not the fans. Like I said, he's not talking about the people in the room in the Michale. He's talking about the people that don't show up and fill out this stadium.
Speaker 5: And I think the question is like for me as a two sewn in and looking at what we currently have, and I'm talking about across the sports spectrum, we want to stand up and we want to complain about the things we don't have and not recognize the reason of why we don't have them anymore and not willing to change.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You're a perfect example of it. And you just had an event with Major League Baseball. You want baseball, we want baseball, we want baseball. Oh here's baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh I couldn't go yeah, Oh sorry, yeah, sorry I couldn't. It's like, hey, these were the most affordable tickets you possibly can. You had Manny Ramiers on the freaking field when Brazil won, going crazy. You had stephie Graff and Andrea Gatacy and that's outside of the fans. And then you look at that field and you're like, there's big leaguers all over the place.
Speaker 2: And it was a ten dollars ticket. Here we go. So we got to call it. Hello, you're on there around the ball. Who's this?
Speaker 7: This is Vic Vic?
Speaker 8: Here's the gustel that Well, I'll tell you right now, Tommy can go suck a big one because guess what his team is playing like crap? And he watched the cut. It was it was that timing Blake. See, you can say how great Kansas is and say, hey, that's a great environment, but don't bring the Arizona crowd into it.
Speaker 2: It's that timy.
Speaker 9: You've lost five, five.
Speaker 8: Out of eight you're coaching suck. You can't defend the three. Everybody, some five eight guys from Arizona State goes off on you for thirty and you're gonna talk crap about the crowd.
Speaker 7: Dude, come on all that?
Speaker 5: No, Vic, So, I mean, I think the question on eart standpoint is that Kansas had a they haven't had very good year and they're still running that gauntlet and.
Speaker 8: That's okay, that's okay. I can't talk about the guy at the bar that leads with a hot chick because he's fricking porked over a whole bunch of money for it. I just have to deal with it. I just have to deal with it.
Speaker 2: So you are you saying timing was not good?
Speaker 8: Now, timing was horrible for him to come out and say that. And like I said, if he would have said, hey, Kansas has a great environment, second to none, it's awesome, that's cool, and leave it at that, But then to bring the Arizona fans into it, then that's that's what bad times.
Speaker 9: Vick.
Speaker 2: I love you. You know that.
Speaker 3: I see you everywhere. You on my autograph here, every time I see you. Thank you. But how many games do you go to a year?
Speaker 8: The man probably about six.
Speaker 2: Have you been impressed with what you've seen.
Speaker 8: At times?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: That I was State deal was great, Duke was great. So yeah, they were pretty good. I just came from the I just came from the football game, twelve o'clock game on a Monday, and it was pretty cool. So I was impressed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's that's softball. They're running, they're running well. So I Vic, I hear you. I understand that.
Speaker 8: And I didn't see Tommy at the softball game.
Speaker 2: Did you look where's this sorry at? So do you think he should be at every other sporting event?
Speaker 8: He should be at a few. He should darn well be at a few.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Okay, I got to make sure someone doesn't piss in your break breakfast next time.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 8: I like I said, if you were, if you were out there winning and you were second seed and ready to roll next week this week, but we all know what we're going to say in this radio show that they can't go any farther than second game in the Big.
Speaker 7: Twelve and maybe second game in the tournament.
Speaker 8: You're gonna say at geeve Blake going, I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you did.
Speaker 3: But this is a town and you know this, but Vic your your Sonan who left, But it's back Blake, You've been to the games. This is a front running town. Yeah, all over across the board.
Speaker 5: It's a million and a half people that we struggle with drawing crowd to support our local communities in our economic impact.
Speaker 2: Would you agree?
Speaker 8: Oh, definitely definitely.
Speaker 9: But so I mean sod U s La.
Speaker 8: I mean I lived in La and went to see I used to go to more UCLA games in my.
Speaker 3: Ucla But hell, if I'm at Ucla, I'm not going to drive two and a half hours to the game.
Speaker 2: That's my first au.
Speaker 8: But that's an excuse if I at nine o'clock starts or an excuse.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if he if like today.
Speaker 8: Twelve o'clock game, I was there at the softball game.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get We're gonna get you a job. You gonna get you a job. Big, thanksfully call. I appreciate you.
Speaker 8: I do you go, and I can't wait to hear what the rest of the game says.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, thank you. I think we're gonna get another call. Here, we got another call already. Hello, you're on the airline the ball. Who's hello, you're on the airline on the ball.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Carlos, Carlos Carlos, Hi, thanks for the call. Hey.
Speaker 3: I read one of your posts over the weekend about fans and and it was maybe you know, they was so negative or whatever.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what you said.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just said it's basically the the I mean, lack of a better term, the ghetto banter just saying that we suck. You know, I understand being critical, I get that, but this is not being critical, you know, saying that we don't you know, our transitioned or slower or defensive is you know, defensive looking so good? Different than just badgering on the team and a coach. And I'm totally guess that to me, that's not.
Speaker 2: A fan base.
Speaker 5: I mean we've done Carlos, You're not wrong. I mean we've had the same conversation.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: You go on the message boards and it's a it's a peak and valley situation where the blame always lies with the coach or with Caleb Love, and it's his consistency after consistency, which I understand is a fan you want to go and air out some grievances, but at some point we're still going to be a four seed in the tournament and we've done a pretty good job of turning the season around from our early start.
Speaker 2: Carlos, I know you did that.
Speaker 3: But here's and I don't post this very often or respond to this because I think it's frivolous, but if Carlos or Jim Bob, Jim Bob who gets on the on the on the Facebook post or whatever, you don't wellcat whatever, and they say these things, what does it matter?
Speaker 2: What not?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 2: What does it matter?
Speaker 3: What are they trying to prove that they know basketball? That they just want to say that because you could go outside your house and yell yell it to the rooftops and guess what, no one's going to give a crap, just like no one should give a crap about this on Facebook. Does that make sense?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean the only reason why I do is because people do want that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no. Why do you think they do it?
Speaker 3: Because you were, you responded to it, you you did it, and you can't you get because you're tired of it.
Speaker 2: But what do you think they get out of it? I don't know.
Speaker 7: And usually it's the type of people that doesn't go to the games. Is not a booster, you know. They they're basically again getting the little feet of we lost or what the stats were, and they might you know, watch a little bit on ESPN or whatever. But most of those people do have nothing invested into this.
Speaker 2: But I just think some people.
Speaker 7: Are just you know, wired negatively. They don't know what it is to coach. I've been coaching for thirty years and people think, oh, yeah, let's go, you know. And at the same time, you know, we had three guys, three starters that left last year that were pivotal players, you know, huge, and now we're making the adjustments and they want us to be first place. Don't ever lose a game, and then if you didn't win by thirty, you won horribly, right.
Speaker 5: You know, I just don't get what the purpose of doing it is. It's therapeutic for them in what way? Because maybe they don't listen and I'm not getting in personal spaces here, but maybe they don't have that at home. Maybe they don't have an outlet, and that's their way of we'll call controls. That's their way of getting their point across and feeling like they're adding something to society.
Speaker 3: Well, here's like being at the keyboard. This team needs to rebound better. V Show needs to play better. Caleb loves these to shoot better.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 5: No crap, no crap you and everybody knows that. Why I post it? Yeah, I mean in game decisions like Carlos is talking about. From a coaching standpoint, nobody understands that. Nobody really sees it, and they put all the blame on one person, and then they go up and say the same three things every single time. I can't believe Calebs. I can't believe Caleb's taking that shot. It's like that's what he does. Like you either love him or hate him. But hell, I'm glad he's on our side.
Speaker 3: Right Well, Carlos, you're gonna have to save us from our Facebook people.
Speaker 7: I don't know, man, I mean, I don't know if I mean, I doubt anyone keeps track of me, but I never react. I read those posts and I have to bite my tongue. You go, whatever, what do they know?
Speaker 8: Whatever?
Speaker 2: What do they know?
Speaker 7: And it's like, you know, I see I got a little tib But what you are talking about before about you know, attendance and stuff like that. Have you guys ever been to the pitt New Mexico.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, it's ridiculous. Oh, Carlos, I see this all the time. What's embarrassing about Tucson is you have albert Querque and El Paso that support their sports more than we even come close to supporting oursel Well, let.
Speaker 3: Me also say this, Carlos, because I grew up in that area. It wasn't like that it hadn't been like there forever, and they even have worse fans because they thought they invent They think they invented the game, and they haven't been to the second weekend of the tournament ever. But it's only good when they're running good. And like everybody else, if you're running hot, they come and show up. But if you're not. That was a ten thousand, nine thousand. That's how they were when they were bad, and they've been bad for a long time. Now you see it because they're running hot and then they'll lose the first round and then you won't see them again. They're like they did last year, and that's it's And I'll get this. If you're running hot, teams come, you lose and they scatter.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, So.
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, But and then what gets me too is we are kind of guilty of that because our stands are not we should be sold out. And I'm used to our stand being piled out, even with worse records, and I'm like, why are we not sold out today? That thinks they're just too expensive, you know, or I don't know what the reasoning is. But a big doctor too, is those nine o'clock games I don't mention any games a.
Speaker 2: No question, No question, I re questioned.
Speaker 3: Just for the purpose of the show was to called or text to someone to give me some numbers on the numbers four season tickets. I didn't get a response. But let me tell you it started happening at the end of end of Sean when he had those bad two three years and you can see the people start showing up less and less and they even had to run ads. When was the last time you saw ads? And then and they started showing ads because he wasn't getting the crowds. Yeah, he also wasn't winning a lot. Now he's gone, so okay, we got to go. Thanks Carlos for the call. All right, buddy, every day we gotta go. We're not gonna have a guest at three seventeen, so we'll take some more calls. You're gonna be here tel whenever you want to be here, senor, and we'll talk more one about all this crazy crep.
Speaker 12: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wildside, your passion, your joy and excitement from the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious Resort.
Speaker 2: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 12: Discover with Soul Casino Del Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 2: Are you ready enterprise? So Fasca Yuki try.
Speaker 13: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations and instantly elevate your space Today. Visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for money to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect with type, color and style, and top it off with unique.
Speaker 2: Hardware to complete your look.
Speaker 13: Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot Com, the Window Depot, then a windows store.
Speaker 3: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero four two three three.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 10: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 14: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading.
Speaker 15: Edge and exercise equipment on twenty second will not Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Recognize your employees.
Speaker 16: Salespeople, managers and agents with the Creative Award from Creative Awards. It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items, and Creative Awards has over five hundred thousand products to choose from. Don't forget your corporate apparel for a great sharp look in twenty twenty five. Visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Drackman, or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 17: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpe is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, That's Volpe team dot com or call five two oh six eight five six two six today n MLS three oh eight seven, Arizon AA b K nine two nine four to equal housing opportunity, How to commitment to Lindrix syn credit rates and avaiable loan programs of such to change with them?
Speaker 2: Notice did you know?
Speaker 10: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games, from rare fines to the latest releases. Showtime Cards has it all.
Speaker 15: Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 16: Richard Bacall Law Office, defending Arizonas for over thirty years and a Wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard McCall five to two oh seven to four to roh twelve thirteen brout sponsor of I on the Ball.
Speaker 4: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management Specialists US can't run or hide Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents. Serving Tucson in southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot Com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Why is mining so important.
Speaker 18: It's the foundation of everything, that defines the society.
Speaker 2: Everything you see is a product of mining, no matter when, no matter how, no matter why.
Speaker 18: Every society on this planet has developed, grown and modernized based solely.
Speaker 2: On the mineral's eph the process.
Speaker 14: That's why mining is so important.
Speaker 2: Go to vyvm dot com.
Speaker 13: The Window Depot wants to help bring your dream kitchen to life. As a family owned and operated business, we pride ourselves on offering the best prices, the biggest inventory, an exceptional customer service. You won't find that the big box stores. From premium cabinets to stunning courts and granite countertops, faucets, hardware and sinks. Our designers are here to guide homeowners every step of the way, all under one roof. Find a location near you. Our shop online at the window deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a Windows store.
Speaker 1: Breaking down all they says it, ohs. This is I on the ball with Steve Rivera on Box Sports fourteen fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to a The about hero Fox Sports Sports is because the I'm Steve Rivera, You're Blake Eager, and now.
Speaker 2: We have somebody on the pot who's this. Hello, who's this this? Charls Charles? Give me your thoughts.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm with Vic and a lot of what you said. Okay, I'm a season ticket holder on football and basketball. Great, I go to all the games Iowa say. The people from Iowa were saying this was definitely a bucket list, that this was someplace that you got to see, loved it, and Texas Tech was the same thing. Those seats up at the top. The problem with that is those games are sold out. You go to the Arizona website, they're sold out. But you go to Vivid and you get a thirty dollars ticket. Now you're paying one hundred and fifty. Nobody wants to do that. I want a construction. I mean, I make seven hundred, eight hundred dollars a week and I'm paying one hundred dollars for popcorn and a beer. And you know, two people, and they keep asking for more money, and the product keeps going down. Football, the product's going down. They want the season tickets got raised two years in a row. Now they're they're adding on this nil and they're adding on for basketball. I couldn't even get the seats I wanted in basketball because I could afford the seat, but I couldn't afford the five hundred dollars extra donation, you know, like you know, and then and they were I mean, this Dryden's nuts. You know. I'm a vivid I'm Arizona up to the book, you know, I love.
Speaker 2: So So let me ask you. You you make.
Speaker 3: A great point, and you're probably very You're right, you're more than right. So you're once in a year and you go to the games. You go to the games, right trump.
Speaker 9: I go, I don't miss a game.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So and I have Blake here too, who doesn't miss a game too. So you're in the building. You're in the building, and there's thirteen and a half fourteen thousand, right of a fifteen thousand? So do you do you have issues with the way the crowd is?
Speaker 2: And hold, how old are you older?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 9: I'm I'm actually I'm a young fifty.
Speaker 2: Four years old. Okay.
Speaker 3: So you're part of the kind of the group just entering. Sit the hell down, you know, sit the hell down.
Speaker 2: Be quiet. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, don't But they're they're young, they're.
Speaker 9: In the building, I know. And that was my problem my first three years, I barely became a season basketball season ticket holder like the last three years. And uh, that was my problem was right away, I'm getting cold, sit down, sit down, be quiet watching a game. And I'm like, and now I picked my spots when I could stand up and cheer, and I have to stand out in the in the lane. And yes, you're right, like that's one of the biggest things. I take friends with me. I always have a next ticket. I take friends with me, and there like, man, I'm not sitting down. I go, you gotta got to because you know, the people are nicely behind me. The people were nice behind me, and I don't want to. You know, I already fought with them year one.
Speaker 3: And then you know, we'll let me tell you charuck. That's that's who Tommy's talking about. The atmosphere and the excitement needs to change. He showed up last game one night. I looked at you. I can't remember which game. There was empty seats at the top, and Tommy comes out. It was the it was a seven o'clock game or six o'clock game when the fans hadn't shown up yet, right, it was like ten minutes left or five minutes.
Speaker 2: Stuff.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of empty seats and I even posted something on Facebook and he looks around. There's it's like ten thousand people. Did you go to that one? It was very apparent that it was empty until.
Speaker 2: And everybody got there. And he's talking to.
Speaker 3: He's talking to the people, show up early, have fun and get these guys going.
Speaker 9: You can't show up early because I mean, here's well, here's my problem. This might not be everybody's problem, but it's so expensive in there to show up early and have a beer or popcorn. And you're you're talking one hundred, two hundred dollars for two people. And and I could go sit at uh at dirt Bags for an hour before the game and spend forty dollars, you know, I mean Friday, the same thing, all of them. It's so expensive in there too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what Charles is saying, spot on. I mean, you're Charles, You're right about this. Like the cost inside the stadium for an average fan a twosonin is substantial. Like you can't afford going there and having a beer, popcorn. Let's say you get get a hot dog, I think a sausage or polish dog. Is like fourteen dollars, right, Like who can afford that soda?
Speaker 9: Soda if you get it in the cut tim Bucks. But also I noticed the souvenir cups because I get one every year, I have to get one or two, and I noticed this year they're like paper cups. They are so thin they went they I have a bunch of them in my cupboard and the new ones are paper thin. So you're getting less and less the products. The teams are going down that we're not getting the top recruise. I mean, yeah, the one and done. Maybe that's not the way.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 9: But at least I got to go see Aaron Gordon, you know, I gotta see I gotta see Nico Man, and I got to see all these guys that we're gonna be in the NBA.
Speaker 5: What's you know, guys, what's the solve? Yeah, I mean you've you've got a problem. In two sons, we love to point out the problem, sometimes we don't point out a solution.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: I think to George, to Steve's point, I think once we're there, we have to be more engaged with what's happening, and that maybe that means standing longer.
Speaker 2: Maybe it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Maybe it means being louder, right, being present and like one set earlier, that makes a lot of sense. I think when you yell at a fan to show up more often, but the prices are not affordable, somebody has take ownership. Then on the other side, so there's got to be a happy meat in the middle. And when we're getting hit with nil dollars on top of our which we were not, nobody told us until you told me, Steve. Right, And no matter what if it's fifty dollars or it's five thousand dollars, it's money that I have to spend now to something that I don't even know where it's going. Yep, Charles, thanks for the call. Great call. Don't disagree with you. I just know is there a solution? I have no idea? All right, Thanks Charles, Thanks for listening to a bunch. I thank you, thanks a bunch. I mean, I think Steve to partly my solution is that you can go to a softball game. You can go to a baseball game for U of A and it's very affordable, right. You can go to other pro sports in Tucson, it's very affordable.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: If we're able to now bring all those up others up. You're starting to solve a solution a little bit. And that's all you're asking for, is well, three hours a week of your time.
Speaker 2: You're going through it right now.
Speaker 3: And you just mentioned the softball and baseball and side not sidewinders, but the road Runners and.
Speaker 2: The two sugar skulls, all of them. Have all of them.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming the road runs, I don't go roadrunners have space for more people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: And the Roadrunners, you're looking guys on the ice right now that are going to play in the NHL that season. You're looking at first rounders. And I'm not a huge hockey for like, if you asked me about the NHL, I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but like, going to a hockey game is a great experience, right, Mostly you get to watch white guys fight, right. So one, that's the reaction. I'm hoping you have two aspens in here. That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying any hold on going and ex because I think you were. He kind of re jumped your your thoughts on the present thing.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, We've had this similar conversation in one of my classes. It's one of the other classes, and we're trying to figure out how to fix Arizona basketball. And he mentioned you go to dirt Bags forty bucks and you have a almost the same experience that shouldn't be a thing, that shouldn't be a thing to where you're having the same experience at dirt Bags as you are at McHale Center, and maybe even a better experience.
Speaker 2: So r o I R O I is important, right, return on investment? Yeah, I want to. I want to. I want to. I want to create a memory when I go.
Speaker 3: Okay, so if you spend one hundred bucks on your food, drinking all that stuff and you have a good memory accomplished.
Speaker 2: I think for me it is I mean one of the things that's changed for me.
Speaker 5: When you go on site now when they have the dust DJ out there, it feels like an atmosphere.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 5: I want to feel like I'm going a to college campus where young people are there to have fun and it's engaging and there's energy, And I want a good product that's going to have a chance to win every game it plays.
Speaker 6: I don't I go ahead, Well, I was just going to continue. You know, I'm a student I've been going for three years. Yeah, it's there's no fans. There's no fans in the student section anymore. It's just students who show up for maybe a half. They want to use basketball ball. I mean across the board, across the board. You know, students aren't fans anymore. They want to go to say they win. They don't want to go because I want to see Arizona basketball win. Yeah, it's not the same experience anymore. Yeah, which is a bad thing, very bad. God, I lost the thought of something to you. You talked about return on investment. I don't get what the issue is with some of these fans saying, well, you know, maybe they don't win anymore. And no, I looked this up as a student at Whole Games. I I say eyes, and I was from Arizona winning these games a sixty and seven record over the last four years at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: You have almost an eighty percent chance of winning when you go to a game against.
Speaker 3: And by the way, by the way, you're not always going to win because you're not always the best team.
Speaker 18: Ya.
Speaker 3: No, I mean this weekend, they thought they were going to be Kansas. They pay them well, they didn't win. That that they're to be Houston, they didn't win. Guess what those teams are fantastic, Oh heroes. I traveled with the team for twenty three years, went to different places all over the country. I've always said to Stanford, I went to do last year just to get the experience Kansas a few times.
Speaker 2: Arizona thinks highly of themselves.
Speaker 3: These are people that don't go to other venues to see how it is. And there was another thing I saw that it's a little stale in the room. It is the entertainment you talked about the DJ. I'm wondering if I'm sixty, I have no problem with the music and all the kid music blah blah blah. I'm wondering what the older people do the crowds because they don't.
Speaker 2: Know that music. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know music, you know music because people are in the billion sixty five years old. They're playing stuff that you listen to one and do you think they get that music?
Speaker 6: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: Hey listen, and this is coming from a coaching standpoint. It's a culture that we've created in southern Arizona, in Tucson, whatever you want to call it where Now, if you're looking at athletes, young athletes from Tucson that want to move on to play collegiate whatever it is, whatever sport they're in, they always want to try to stay as close as they can to home, and they compare themselves with the athlete that they see on the other side of the field, when they don't compare themselves with the kids in Florida, with the kids in Texas, with the kids in California, Like it's a different world out there.
Speaker 2: We don't know what we don't know.
Speaker 5: So when you're saying that we think highly of ourselves, Steve, you're absolutely right, and we need to have a little bit of a culture shock, and maybe that's what Tommy's trying to do at this point. So I just got a text from the person I asked him about the season tickets estimate for me guess guesstimate seton tickets holders in the UAO basketball out of the fourteen thousands of the I think it's fifteen fifteen o.
Speaker 2: Six. Okay, wait, we phrased it season ticket holders.
Speaker 3: All those fifteen thousand people who suppose they go, how many of those are season ticket holders?
Speaker 2: I could do.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell you, Okay, I couldn't tell me six thousand. Why you say.
Speaker 17: That, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm taking a stab in the dark.
Speaker 5: It's ten thousand out of the fifteen, so that means fifteen five. That means five thousand available per game, available per game. Yeah, And they like I say, I covered loot for a long time, A little. That's just sean half the time.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't remember them doing ads come and buy tickets, and they still do and come and buy tickets because there's tickets available, tickets available.
Speaker 5: And I gotta go back. I'm making the same argument that one made. If you're complaining about the product on this field, that's going to be a four seed in March madness, we's a that's a well, that's a first class problem to happen.
Speaker 3: Well, let me say this. I posted today. They're no longer in the top twenty five. They hadn't been a few weeks in this year. It says if they were ten, what would have matter, If there were seven, what wouldn't matter? Now they're not not even talk twenty. It doesn't matter what The rankings don't mean anything. And some guys, some guy comments he may listen to the show. He says, that just means we suck, and I think, no, mean that's exactly So my response was, it just means you're spoiled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're spoiled.
Speaker 5: Playing in the PAC twelve, where you're seeing two three opponents a year that really should give you a run for your money. Where now, when you're playing in the Big twelve, every single game you play in is most likely going to be the second or third best team you would have seen in the In the PAC twelve, I mean you had a chance to win every single week. Now you're five and seven right in the last or your two win seven in the last seven games.
Speaker 2: And anybody who didn't see that coming, and I wrote you said it over and over again.
Speaker 3: Look, I go to a room and I'm the best looking guy, and if I can't pull a girl who may be not pretty or whatever, I'm going kind of weird with this, uh, and then going to it, going to it, it'd be sad. But if I go to a to a room and there's a lot of juke girls and they don't want me, I'm expecting that, right. I expected then to lose a lot of games on the back end of this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it's a better team. It's a difficult Yeah, it's a difficult schedule. But I will ask this, out of those five losses, how many of those five losses did we not have a chance to win the last few minutes? Good point and no one realizes that good point lost going toe to toe with the number three team in the country out in Houston, that you should have most likely be Yeah, okay, Kansas, I mean you're you have no You've got a two time All American and a Hunter Dixon that you literally don't have any answer for, right I think, listen, and we haven't talked about this and we might not get into it, and I just because I don't have enough time. But our defense. I was the most frustrated with our defense against Kansas that I've been all year, just on help coverage and our guards not rebounding. But still you're going in to the end of the game, in the last two minutes You're like, there's I mean, we're you never know, Yeah, we got a chance. It's not like we're we're not getting blown out of the water. The only the only exception to that was Iowa State.
Speaker 6: Even then I believe almost every fan kind of fell.
Speaker 5: You're a revenge game at home, and they haven't lost at home in the senior game and forever. There's a circumstances of events too. Let's take a break. You can stay for another twenty before. Yeah, it's a good conversation. Thanks everybody.
Speaker 3: If you're an Arizona Man's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Take a look back at the Ludelsen era. In my new book, Lessons From It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Newton is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one, Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 19: Hey, Wildcat Nation, Jake Fisher here, I gotta tell you about my winning team. Over at Arizona Health Insiders, I was able to get a custom private health insurance plan with no deductibles, no co pays, nationwide coverage and I get to pick my own doctor for less than two hundred dollars a month. If you want to avoid getting gouged on the exchange and you want real health insurance called Arizona Health Insiders four AH three five five one four four four four a DOHO three five five one four four four.
Speaker 16: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make some day today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash someday, Hey.
Speaker 3: Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of Home and Auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to save. Call them today and score big on your insurance with the Edmond Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 10: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 14: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipments on twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 20: At Peermid Federal Credit Union. We believe less is more. Let's pies mean more money in your pocket, Less hassle means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids. Less's More philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the two Sun Spectrum Peermid Federal Credit Union where less is more federally insured by NCUA, an equal Opportunity lender.
Speaker 1: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio app. This is I on the Ball with Steve Ramira on Fox Sports fourteen fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Well, welcome back to I the Ball. Here a Fox Sports Sports you fifty I'm Steve Rivera. You're a blake eager and we got one at the controls these If you guys want to call, you have about twelve minutes.
Speaker 2: Give us a call.
Speaker 3: Five two zero four one six seventy four forty. I just got a text one with my friends. Kind of no stuff going on. Tommy was mad because the fans didn't stay until midnight on Senior Night. Listen to speeches that nobody knew about. He's kind of been, you know, insightful. What we gotta call. I'll say the rest of later. Hey, you're on the air and iine the ball.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 2: This is Bill? Bill? What's the word?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 18: Hey?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 18: You know do them. One of my past lives, I got to go to a lot of games and a lot of a lot of places. I've been to Big ten games, SEC games, ACC games, and two Sons not that kind of town. It's just not going to support the school the way that Tommy wants. And Tommy wants that cloud going crazy like the Duke game or the Texas or the Iowa game. He wants that every game. Because that's why it is, is the fact that I don't think if they're playing in Wolford or you know, Upstate Tech, they're like that every single game. They're crazy. The football games they start tailgating to two days before. And that's what that's what everybody wants in two some But we're never going to get that because we're front runners. Even when our when our football team had a once in a lifetime season a few years ago, we didn't start really getting behind until it won six or seven, eight games in a row. You know, then we get behind them, and then the next year's show me again. You know, I'm not gonna buy my tickets.
Speaker 8: Show me.
Speaker 18: And that's why it's going to be and that's why Tucson is unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, Bill, we we talked about this before. The difference between how we recognize ourselves and see ourselves when you go to the SEC or the big ten, especially from a football standpoint, it's a completely different world. I've had the you know, I've had the opportunity to go to the Florida, Georgia largest cocktail party in the world game in Jacksonville. Uh, it's a different environment, like and I think it gets to the point in those areas that doesn't really matter what happens on the core or the field. It's the events that are taking place around it that are what matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, first, there's that song. They're not like that first.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I was at that first Big Ten game when Nebraska played Ohio State. They were down by twenty seven. It was rainy, it was aferential, drownt down for nobody left. They were down by twenty seven and a half. I happened to be in the tunnel where the team was coming up the field and then Nebraska.
Speaker 7: Fans are telling Boklean, you got them right where you.
Speaker 18: Want them, coach, you're going to get him in the second half. And they came back and won that game in.
Speaker 8: The second half.
Speaker 18: And I've never seen anything like that in my life. Because Tucson with the rain come in that heart that had been fifteen hundred people in the stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're absolute, right, Bo.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, absolutely we are.
Speaker 3: So you agree you can't identify yourself because you don't know who you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you you haven't seen what the other edge of the sword is or side of the sword is. You know, we were talking about this, and I can just speak about the opportunity that just happened with the World Baseball Classic. You know, Monday night last week, we had a little bit of weather, right it was, it was chilly, and I knew, like Bill said, I knew that was going to kill our chances of bringing in a large crown, and it absolutely did. The frustration on my end lies with like we were honoring Bill, the Bill and Bill from Keno Baseball, which this is a personal thing, Like we wouldn't have youth baseball without them, fifteen year anniversary. Like if I'm a coach in this town or a kid that's played in that, I'm coming to go come. And they were free tickets for those kids to coming to honor. That's I think we don't put our people that we need to on pedestals and take I mean we put Loot there, right, Loots in that, like we put Jerry Kendall in there, we put Kendra in there. I get it, But like Bill said, like we have to be consistent, and what does that look like? Is it going to be thirty thousand that show up to a U A football game? Is it ten thousand that?
Speaker 2: I mean? What what are we.
Speaker 18: Well, all of your callers that have called to that were passionate, and you can hear the passion in their voices, but it's like, what about me? What's in it for me? You know?
Speaker 9: And I grew up here.
Speaker 18: I've been going to games. I'm a flame Wells grad like you, Blake. So I've been going to games since nineteen sixty nine. I've been going to baseball, football, and basket well ever since then. I was in the last game at Bay Down Gym and I was at the first game at Michale. So I've been going to games my whole life. And it's and I'm going to continue to go to games the whole life. I'm gonna continue to sport the team, you know in the school. But those guys like you know, I want a winning product. Well everyone wants a winning product.
Speaker 7: But you got to be.
Speaker 18: There on the games when it's when you're playing NAU or when you're you're you're playing someone, or you're or you're having a down season, you've lost the injuries or whatever. You know, you couldn't get a ticket during lout Olsen's time. People used to call me all the time, are you using your tickets? Gonna?
Speaker 6: If you're not going to go?
Speaker 5: Call me?
Speaker 18: You know, it's not like that anymore.
Speaker 2: It's not like that.
Speaker 18: And and the prices, the prices are a redeal. I know the guy running concession there now, and that's what I used to do. And it's it's expensive. It's it's a costly ticket to go.
Speaker 5: Bill, we probably don't want to go down the air mark model that they have right now. But you're one hundred percent right when you know, yea from a from a wholesale cost perspective of what's happening there. Like people get mad at you of A and UVE really doesn't have a ton of control on the on the cost surplus piece of it. But Bill, you're spot on with everything you're saying. And it's great to hear that from another f A little caberro.
Speaker 18: If you go to if you go to a pro game, you know, Diamondbacks game, the price of beer is outrageous. Price of parking is outrageous. The dog is outrageous. Like you talked about the polar sausage at u of A, that's that's a big ticket item now, you know. And so but it's like that's kind of the world we've gotten into. So I don't, I don't. I don't have an answer, but I'll keep going and keep shutting out my books.
Speaker 5: So I know it's it's Once we create a solution for this, I think we're all going to be very successful in life because this is a really difficult problem to understand how to change.
Speaker 3: Thanks to the show, guys, Thanks, thanks, thanks for calling in all these good perspectives.
Speaker 2: We got another call, Hello, you're on the air, and one on the ball.
Speaker 21: Hey, I just had some some some ideas. You know, I'm kind of going to uh JR.
Speaker 2: Is my name A?
Speaker 21: Yeah, No, I was thinking, I mean, I would, I'm I'm I'm.
Speaker 9: A school principal.
Speaker 21: And we got we got the amazing opportunity to have kids go to the World Baseball Classic for free, you know what I mean. And and it filled up the stadium. It was a meaningful experience for the for the kids. You know, got access to a venue and an experience that they would never have had before and most likely you know, and and I'm just thinking if we think creatively and not think about the dollars, but if they have some type of waiting section, you know, outside of the football stadium, outside of the basket McHale for when the you know, the kid whoever chooses to go back to Green Valley or to go back to their frat houses, whatever, and you pop in the next people in at a discounted rate or or even if they want to consider it for free, just so that the crowd is there and the true fans are there, because I do think we do have the vibe of the true fans. They just don't have the access to to to be there, and they would stay there if they could afford it. And you know, and that again, thinking how many season ticket holders are are are taking up McHale's spaces, you know that that is even a harder ticket to get into.
Speaker 5: You know, So your first and foremost the spla thank you so much for coming out and bringing the kids out. I will tell you right now that we blew Major League Baseball and World Baseball Classic socks off by doing that and it was unbelievable to have the kids in the park. And I think I said that in an article that we're creating future twoson ins or Southern Arizona fans for the sports that we have here. I really like that idea having some activation zones throughout the season for our sporting events, whether it's through our kids piece of it or through our Pemic council on aging our older adults. I think you're creating a cyclical or a positive cycle for our fan experience and future fans. That's a really good point you are.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and I grew up, you know, eighties and nineties as a kid here going to the not whole section where we honestly had season tickets as kids for I think it was two dollars a game. I'm not saying to go that that cheap, but that was a huge significant area of the at that point. It was the north end zone that was filled every single week, regardless of we played at a very inexpensive cost of the families who ended up having to shell out money for their own tickets and stuff. But visually seeing that as as an opponent, visually seeing that on when we were on TV, it sends a message a lot bigger messages than an empty scene, I think for recruits and and you know that whole cyclical event of of having someone interested in coming to play for us, They're not going to want to come if there's not that many people in our stands. So I think it translates to success and and and dollars in another way.
Speaker 2: G R, thanks for calling, Thanks for listening to the show.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'll go babe it on Chris Rogers too, But I.
Speaker 3: Wut blame Chris. Uh No, it's very packing that people, right, I think that, and it's not gonna get any better. N I l Apparently high prices of the food, high prices of the ticket. Apparently I have a credential, so I don't know about the prices, but if I had, if I had money, I'm trying to convince my son, maybe sure some ticket to get in. To me, the Big twelve is a fantastic You were not if you have tickets, And if you told me you were bored with the games that you saw, that's on you, because you saw some very good games there was to me worth a ticket price.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a heavyweight boxing match. Yeah, we got to go buyby last call. Hello, you're on the air and one on the ball. Who's this, Hey, Steve Howard, give me something.
Speaker 11: Here's the real quick thought. Of course, uh, I usually agree with Vic because he's a Monday man. But he's wrong a lot because you've been saying it's like Tommy is he really is a good coach. And if it was just harping on the people not staying well, then that's a pick them. You know, that's a personal decision. I would have sayd if you're going to stay up that late, you're gonna stay especially.
Speaker 18: As U.
Speaker 11: And you're right the big the conference where and they're just tough. Everything's tough, and people don't know just because we're not in the top twenty five. We're still in the in the middle of the fifteen or fourteen in the net.
Speaker 7: I eat a ken pump and and you have a fans.
Speaker 11: Better realize what that means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree with you.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're a four seed right now we're predicting, like, who cares if we're in top twenty five, you're a freaking We're terrible.
Speaker 2: How can you be terrible? Before? Say, go into March? Yeah, the first year in this conflict exactly.
Speaker 3: I think the fifth I think they're a pig fish. They were a pig fish. So you know, you can't have it all. You know, you got to identify who you are first. And you're not that guy. You're just not that guy.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: How Thanks, We're gonna get ready to go. There was something I'm always forgetting. I'll tell you how much time we got left? About two minutes perfect, Okay.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you a personal story, but braklef okay, So I'm gonna show you guys in this booth all right. Uh so it's today, was like I would like treat yourself. You ever watch Parks and rec Yeah, okay. So I was like, hey, I'm gonna get a haircut, get a massage. Perfect, right, So wake up, work out, go and get your haircut.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: And so she's trying to fade my side of the hair. Okay, I'm gonna take my hand off. It is literally the worst haircut I've ever had in my life. Like I look like Gary Oldman in the Fifth Element. It reminds me of my aunt Doris. My aunt Doris was ahead of the team Stirs in Cleveland. She drove a Lincoln town car and smoked a cigar. I'm not saying she knows where half is buried. There's a good chance she knows where half is buried. This is the worst haircut. And I wish that the rest of the people could see this, but I'm actually pretty happy that you can't.
Speaker 2: So she just destroyed.
Speaker 5: Oh it's awful once, just just yeah, And like I could not believe when she got done, I was like, what what did you just do?
Speaker 2: Why did you just do this? Is this your regular person?
Speaker 5: No, it's it's a person I went to because I had I went to Supercuts.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't. Oh wait wait wait so so so which side did she start?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 5: First started on my right, she started on my left side, and she was trying to she was trying to blend it, which I wanted her to fade it. And I kept going, okay, like this is gonna take forever, like take one and a half and go up, like just fade that side piece. And so then I wasn't looking because her arm was in there. And then she got done, and I was like, what in the hell just happen?
Speaker 2: Why does she do the other side? Then the same The other side's fine, I'm following, but.
Speaker 5: She started because I think at that point I was like, just get this over with, Like I was like, please.
Speaker 2: Just be and like it's Arizona. Just get this overweight. Yeah, like one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: And so then I was like, uh, you know, I'm so frustrated, flustered, and I'm just like complaining the whole time. And I complain anyway, but then I go to pay and I can't believe he's charging me for this haircut. And then I go, you know what, I go, I'm sorry, but I'm only gonna tip you three dollars.
Speaker 2: In my mind, I should have been like, yeah, so your wife hasn't seen it yet.
Speaker 5: Oh she saw it, and she laughed, Aly, so it's gonna be hat city. And then she tried to go, no, I'll just go I'll go no, Blade, I'll go, skin, I go, why would you do that?
Speaker 2: It's gonna take even longer scross first down. I don't know. She was flustered. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's the worst to say. I gotta go back to my barber. I screwed up, man. Well maybe he can't fix it. There's no fixing this, Steve. This is my life. For the next three months. I'm gonna be a recluse, not coming out of the house.
Speaker 2: I gotta take meetings with ownership, a gonna wear a hat. Hey, why are you going to this funeral wearing the hat? Yeah, one hundred perc.
Speaker 5: I'll figure that out right, all right, Thanks for having me. It was good stuff, good stuff.
Speaker 3: We gotta go to break come back, breaking news, and we'll have Halveo Morales talking more about this.