Speaker 1: Breaking down all the xs and ohs. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty eight.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. You're Jagan's aues. Now we have Henry breaking news.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen.
Speaker 2: Fifty college football.
Speaker 3: This weekend, Michigan defeated Ohio State thirteen to ten to improve their winning streak and the rivalry to four games.
Speaker 2: Guys, let's talk about this real quick.
Speaker 4: I show believe that.
Speaker 2: So you so you you've seen this many times before. We saw here with the pitchwork being done there in the Michigan fiasco after the game. It happened like four or five places, a.
Speaker 4: Bunch of places, and they got bad.
Speaker 5: So you have an issue with that. I do which part? I I win the game and walk off the field for oh, win the game the opponent? Yeah okay, yeah, but if you're on the losing side, lose a game and walk off, right, it's all it's all stupid on both sides of it.
Speaker 2: It's all dumb.
Speaker 5: But you know we've seen it. You know there was a fight a lot in the Macovic years. Remember when when Macovics in his first year, they went up and beat as U up at their place, Uh, Clarence Farmer and all those guys went out and ran on the on the sparky logo and stopped on it, and the big ol'd ball started, and so this is this is not anything new, but you know, and then the miss the Michigan guy player who was the one who took the flag out there and started the whole thing, gets on and says, you got to be a better loser, like you know what, be.
Speaker 2: A better winner? True.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: So my thought is is that it's like the court storm me. If you don't want it to happen, we don't let it happen. Don't win the damn game, and you know whatever.
Speaker 5: But I agree with coaches who say we're not going to let guys do that. We're going to defend our field. And so you know, just so you know what you need to do, be civil. Well one time, what world do you lose?
Speaker 4: Good luck? And that good luck with that.
Speaker 2: In fact, after the game, when I saw it happening, and I made my joke, and usual joke is that's the most fight Arizona showed doing the whole game, right was after that because it showed some emotion for gud.
Speaker 4: Right right, I hear you, And I'm glad. I wasn't there for that.
Speaker 2: But what did you did you stay?
Speaker 6: What did you think?
Speaker 2: What'd you think?
Speaker 3: I'm glad that uh Lamonious Correg came out and stopped it before Yeah, yeah, I'm yeah, I'm glad.
Speaker 5: And Arizona guy went out and did that, and the other players come over and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But I didn't see it because.
Speaker 5: Even though you know, I got home and I was watching the game, the minute the clock went to zero, I changed the chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you say these What did you say when you finished watching it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I just changed the chaln and that was it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I went to I went to the the Notre Dame USC game. But everybody needs to kind of take a breath and and just be sports about do you think that?
Speaker 2: Well, we see in the short course in the court stom me. Uh, they find teams down twenty five thousand dollars. Whatever.
Speaker 4: The difference is, Steve. The court storming is the fans.
Speaker 5: It's the fans getting excited and doing things we're talking about the players in the games.
Speaker 2: Get off.
Speaker 4: Just win.
Speaker 5: If you don't want to go shake hands because you're so pissed off from frustrate whatever, then just get off. The few think that the BENC Doubla or whomever, I think they're gonna have to make a rule. I mean Ohio State and Michigan players got pepper sprayed. Pat Forty, who's on the show years ago, he got he got pepper sprayed.
Speaker 2: I don't talk about it those podcast No, I don't. Well, I don't know what you do.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 5: Let's say you're an eighth year senior and you're the guy that goes out and wants to plant the flag. What's the n CUAA gonna do to you? Suspend you for your next game?
Speaker 2: Right right? Well, look at this. The guy who did it year was.
Speaker 8: It's on.
Speaker 4: It's on the coaches. It's on the coaches. Just say, guys, you.
Speaker 5: Know, when we win this game today and we are going to win, you know, on you know, on the road at the rival, we are going to win today, Let's get on. Let's go on the field, shake hands, and let's get out of there. Okay, let's not let's not do this.
Speaker 2: What world do you live in? Jacinbzali.
Speaker 4: It can happen, Okay, it can happen.
Speaker 2: It happens more often than not. But I mean, you know, I mean when it went? When? When?
Speaker 7: When?
Speaker 2: The when?
Speaker 4: The the was it two thousand and two team, I think of it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: What was it? No, the two.
Speaker 5: Thousand and three team, whatever it was the Macovics team did that. I was upset at the Arizona players for having done that, like show some class win with class off.
Speaker 2: A couple of years ago, I said that I saw thread baby.
Speaker 5: Everybody, no, every ever since then, everybody's been going over there and and uh and uh, you know, the team goes over and stands by the logo and says, you're not coming over here.
Speaker 4: Coaches show them off.
Speaker 5: What pissed me off more than anything was the turd who did it. It was a Narzona guy last time, and then he goes and does that. That tells me that he's a big pos, giant pos.
Speaker 2: Did you see it? Did you remember anything two years ago for Arizona one up there and then did the flag or whatever. I don't think they did, okay, because I saw thread that we were just doing what you guys did two years.
Speaker 4: I think they did last year. Yeah, don't think.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I don't know, I don't that's your song.
Speaker 5: Maybe they can, but again they just don't do it. It's wrong for either side to do that. You know, and I'm the believer. You just win the game.
Speaker 2: You win the game, win with class and you know, and get off.
Speaker 5: That's what I would demand from my players if I'm in the coach and I tell them that. You know, when Arizona goes up to ASU next year, Brent Brinnan needs a tellis team anybody who does that, you lose your nil paycheck or scholarship.
Speaker 4: You know, don't do it. Just don't do it, as simple as that.
Speaker 3: On Friday, Georgia defeated Georgia Tech forty four to forty two in eight overtimes.
Speaker 2: That was a great game. Did you watch the game? It is a great game, great game, and they came back out of nowhere and won the game.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: So much happened again this weekend, you know, with all the all these games that affect the playoff, it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 3: South Carolina defeated Clemson seventeen to fourteen to keep their playoff hopes alive with just three losses, when.
Speaker 2: They're gonna announce everything this Saturday, Sunday, whatever.
Speaker 5: Sunday Sunday, and another ranking will come out tomorrow, but then on Sunday the playoff bracket will be announced after, you know, because all the championship games are on Saturday, so Brack will be announced. Who do you you know, uh, you know, there's kind of I was reading Pat Forty's column today. There's eleven teams that are pretty much in the question is who's the twelfth team? Right? Does the Big twelve championship loser get in? Does the ACC championship loser get in? You know, you know who gets in? Is there another group of five team who deserves to be in there? You know, to Lane what it made it had an argument for until they got beat.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be it's.
Speaker 5: Kind of like there's not enough teams now. So the twelfth team there's gonna be that gets in. There's gonna be about six other teams that are gonna go that's crapy, you.
Speaker 2: Know the top twelve off the top of your head.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so yeah, I mean I can give you the eleven.
Speaker 5: Okay, the eleven, the winner of the Big twelve champion Big ten championship game, and the Ohio State and Oregon State, I mean, uh, Oregon, let me start over, Oregon, penn State, Ohio State, Indiana from the four from there, Georgia's in.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: The who are they playing in the in the conference championship game? Texas is in and uh.
Speaker 2: Tennessee, Tennessee is in.
Speaker 4: Okay, then wait to go Okay. Then you've got the Big twelve champion.
Speaker 5: It's going to be s m U or Iowa State, the a SEC champion, it's going to because I mean not s U a SU or Iowa State, s m U or Clemson, the the nine Notre Dame is ten, and then the Boise State you n l V winner, you know, winner of the of the Mount West Conference is eleven. Then you then after that you've got Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi, the loser of the Big.
Speaker 4: Twelve championship game, the loser.
Speaker 5: Of the a SC championship game, and Miami can all say it should be us. That's the one that's gonna be hard, and that's the one that's gonna cause a heartburn. Not any different than when.
Speaker 2: There were four teams in No, no, no. On the fifth team was you're exactly right, because I'm already looking at Oh, we gotta move to sixteen teams, you know, to.
Speaker 5: Make sure everybody gets happy.
Speaker 2: Well we do it with seventeen. I think they went to sixty eight instead of sixty four. You know, you can't to make everybody happy. Shut up, you play, win the game, and you win it.
Speaker 5: When the damn game, you know, Alabama says we should be in, right, you should want some games.
Speaker 4: The a SEC commissioner came out and said.
Speaker 5: There's no there's no scenario where are the loser of our championship game should should be out?
Speaker 4: You know it's a former get Yeah, they're gonna it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 3: NFL Week thirteen This weekend, the Eagles beat the Ravens twenty four to nineteen to improve to ten and two on the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love Sakuon Barkley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been good.
Speaker 5: He's my fantasy running back. Oh oh, you have him screwed and screwed up his car. No, here's still time. But what's his name? The tight end for the Saints, Taysom Hill. Taysom Hill out out for the year. With the Neres. He's my tight end and that was on that run, right, I killed him, I think so, Yeah, I killed him.
Speaker 3: The Bills defeated the forty nine Ers thirty five to ten on Sunday Night Football to also improved to ten and two.
Speaker 5: No one wanted to be and Christian McCaffrey and you have him too, No, but my sister has him.
Speaker 4: So my sister, my daughter has him. So there's a little tie there. She's very upset.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Monday Night Football tonight at six fifteen, the Browns play the Broncos.
Speaker 2: And you have that game.
Speaker 4: That's my last game of our picks. Not going so well for me.
Speaker 2: This week started started with started.
Speaker 5: With locking the Lions who didn't cover. I was so mad at them stretching the lead a little yeah, a little bit. I had the Lions. I had Ohio State. I thought Ohio State was gonna come out and revenge. We're way better than you. Get the hell out of here. We're kicking your ass. And they did end they just didn't.
Speaker 2: Michigan has the momentum.
Speaker 5: I mean I heard I heard an interesting scenario because the guy from Notre Dame, the coach, the coach yeah, good free. Yeah, Marcus Freeman, he played, he played in Ohio State. They're saying Ohio State, Notre Dame, trade corder trade coaches and would said Notre Dame.
Speaker 4: Who would be the loser on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's a good story too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a really good story.
Speaker 3: College basketball, the new AP pole came out today. Arizona dropped from the rankings. Yukon dropped to number twenty three after losing all three games in the Maui Tournament. Kansas remains number one.
Speaker 2: It's been a crazy season already. We'll get to basketball on the other side of when we talked to Jason Barr, but it's been crazy all over the place.
Speaker 5: What about what about Hurley's reaction saying we're never playing in a three team in a three team three three games and three days a tournament again. Ever, right, No, that's a real reaction. It's such a cop out to no it Hurly. I mean, yeah, your your your Yukon. Okay, you gotta win at least one of those games. Yeah, you got beat by some bad teams.
Speaker 2: It was it was Arizona nineteen or twenty seventeen, eighteen, whatever was when they went to Bahamas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when they went to the bottom.
Speaker 2: If I'm a I'm never going back to the b.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 5: I had a friend. I had a friend who was there and in the Bahamas. Yeah for that, And they were all excited. She was all excited about about you know, they and then they won the first game. The jinx is over and then the jinx was not over.
Speaker 2: Has that one game moment?
Speaker 5: And I said, how hard is it to play a game in a ballroom like that? Yeah, it's like playing it at Lat Paloma or something.
Speaker 2: We'll talk more again on the other side. But Tommy has some work to do.
Speaker 4: He's got some work to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk more about that.
Speaker 3: Arizona women's basketball will take on in Seattle today at six pm at Michale.
Speaker 2: That's another program that's very mysterious, very kind of well.
Speaker 5: You know, I've gotten to work a couple of their games on doing stats and stuff. Well this year, no, no, just they asked me to fill in a couple of times. And I worked the Grambling State game and I worked another game earlier in the year. And there I hope it is not listening. They're short on talent, really, they really are you know they and and then there's there's like not really any kind of chemistry, chemistry to it when you do you know and and and I get it. It's hard to have chemistry when you're turning over your roster. But some teams, and to me, that's one of the biggest factors in whether it's football, basketball, or wherever, is that with all the turnover that pretty much happens at all all the programs, the ability to pull players together who you haven't known for very long.
Speaker 2: I had, I had some of the other show last week. I can't remember who it was that said it's all recalibrated every years, every year, and the good coaches can do it, the players can adjust. Blah blah blah. But it is very mean.
Speaker 4: Okay, look at what Deon Sanders has done in Colorado.
Speaker 5: That's something like fifty six new players, but somehow the combination was good enough for them to be good. Same thing with Kenny dilling Hammond at As.
Speaker 2: Can I convince you that? Can I convince you? And nothing didn't matter to me that Diana is a good coach.
Speaker 5: Because he's a good accumulator of talent. Okay, So that's I think what I'm saying no, I'm saying he's got he is because you know what he has done. He surrounded himself with coaches who have been able to pull these guys together from all these different pieces to build a good team.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's and that's part of being a good coach, right.
Speaker 5: And you know it gets me to something I've been wanting to say about about about Brent Brannan because you know, somebody, a lot of things have been said about him, but somebody said to me, he's in over his head.
Speaker 4: And I took that from I don't think he's.
Speaker 5: In over his head from the point of can he coach x's and os and things like that he's been coaching forever, or I think he may be in over his head is maybe he doesn't have the coaching resources that say Jed Fish had. When you think about the coaches that Jedfish was able to pick from his long background in the NFL in college the many years he'd been doing it, guy mentors like like Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll and and and those guys, and then to bring a staff in. Because I don't think Jed Fish did all the coaching last year.
Speaker 2: He was the CEO.
Speaker 5: He had guys, maybe Brent Brannan doesn't have that quality of coaching of go to people, go to people.
Speaker 4: That maybe these coaches weren't. Maybe they're in a little over their heads.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you has been on the show a number of times and he said that a lot of it's, uh, they didn't because I talked about Brendan, you know, being the guy, the motivator or whatever, Steve, It's not about that. It's the coaches, the assistant coaches. That's who the players react, right, because they're the ones that are coaching it right.
Speaker 4: See and that and that's my point is that.
Speaker 5: I'll give you that maybe maybe Brent Brandon just didn't have the quality well of assistant coaches to choose from for his staff.
Speaker 2: That's no more, no that we'll end it here. But Okay, so now we know there's going to be changing.
Speaker 4: There has to be.
Speaker 2: There has to be how many we don't know yet. But but he's got to get some guys.
Speaker 5: With some chops, right, and it's gonna be interesting to see does he let go of old friends and guys that he's had with him for a long time and he has to he has to evaluate them and say, Okay, you didn't do a great job this year.
Speaker 4: I got to let you go. And how hard is that going to be for him?
Speaker 2: He has to, but he has to.
Speaker 5: This is this is I think I think Desray read Frans fine. Her statement said there will be change. Yeah, you know, is she going to have to okay all his coaching hires probably things like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Steve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, didn't initial release, did they? They just in the story for this No, just just what the statement that she made to to Michael Levy. You know, it'd be interesting to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's go. We gotta go, and then come back with mister Jason Barr.
Speaker 10: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games to award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 2: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 10: Discover with Soul Casino del Soul, the soul of Tucsone.
Speaker 2: Are you ready Enterprise of Fasco? YACKI try?
Speaker 11: The window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browsey aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations and instantly elevate your space today. Is it a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for money to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your luck. Find a location near you at the window deepot dot com. The window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three. Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 9: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 12: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve.
Speaker 5: Arizona Health the leading.
Speaker 2: Edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 12: I'm twenty second, just blessed, will.
Speaker 13: Not School and the fall sports season are in full stride. Time to get that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts they are deserving. It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a crisp looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps, shorts or long sleeve follows. And why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corporation or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season for over one thousand fun items of choosroom come visit Creative Awards at Creative awardzaz dot com or see our Idea Center at two twenty eight Westrackman Street at.
Speaker 2: Nova Home Loans.
Speaker 14: We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation.
Speaker 2: Visit Volpi team dot com.
Speaker 14: That's volpe team dot com or called five two oh six eight five six two six Today n MLS three oh eight seven Arizona b K nine two nine four two equal housing opportunity. Have to commitment to lyndrixyn credit rates and avaiable loan programs or upset to change the NUNT notice.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 13: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at this chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best.
Speaker 2: In sports cards and trading card games.
Speaker 13: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime.
Speaker 2: Cards has it all.
Speaker 13: Check them out at showtimecards dot Com or visit them on e Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust showtime cards for their passion.
Speaker 2: On a road trip or just around town.
Speaker 9: Driving a car you can afford is more important than ever. At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, our one rate auto loan is for everyone. One rate offers a single competitive rate, no matter the credit score.
Speaker 4: You can borrow better with hearing them.
Speaker 9: For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com Slash one rate. Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 15: Got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist that's can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents. Serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Want to build your business better, There's no better place than the Arizona Business Networking Conference December tenth through the twelfth at Casino del Sol. Meet thirty five premier speakers including UA All American, Ricky Hunty, Hall of Fame coach, Mike Hendrea, CEOs and more. Expand your professional network, explore new opportunities and learn from industry leaders. Get your ticket set Business Networking dot Com Slash Conference once again. That's a Tucson Business Networking dot Com Slash Conference.
Speaker 1: Streamy live on the Ihearts Radio while this is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I the Ball here a Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, and today with me is Jacon's Austin. Now on the phone, we have Jason Barr, sports anchor for Channel nine. Jason. How are you.
Speaker 6: Good, Stephen, Jay, how are you?
Speaker 2: We're doing fine? Thank you. Let me set this up, Jason Barr, what did you tell Jay and I maybe a few months ago? I know you reminded me on Saturday.
Speaker 6: No it wasn't listen, I'm not going to get here today.
Speaker 7: And get on with you guys and pound on.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, What did you say, you say you you had some reservations.
Speaker 6: I think, baby, yeah, yeah, you know how based on his record and and some other things at San Jose State. And I think what I said to you guys before the season was was this staff had something to prove. Yeah, you know, based on his thirty four and forty eight record at San Jose State. And you know, Babers ran a clean program at Syracuse and graduated a ton of kids, but it was let go for not winning enough games. So I said, this staff kind of had something to prove, and they just never passed the eye test.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 6: You know, even in Week one against New Mexico that was not really.
Speaker 7: A team win.
Speaker 6: The defense was not good and that was two guys Nova Feita and teder Rowland macmillan playing pitch and catch. And then in week two they looked awful against nau Yes, and it was like, oh goodness. So there were problems before the injuries, Yeah, neither were.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks scary after that first game, Jason, you're at you one hundred percent correct, And what we saw in that first game turned out to be the story of the season.
Speaker 2: And the second game, as you brought up, I remember and I said this after the show. I was a fan. I went as a person to watch against an a U and I was coming out and some of the fans goes, oh, this is going to be a difficult year, and I'm thinking, relaxed. It was just no, they were right, So were you, Jason?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, So so he's being brought back, you know, next year. And I think what we're going to see as a new offensive coordinator, I'd be surprised if he isn't forced even.
Speaker 2: To bring one in. And what I want to see here.
Speaker 6: Is a really good offensive coordinator who is not one of his buddies. This cannot be crony higher from the Dick Tomy days or from San Jose State. This has to be someone who has gone somewhere else done well, maybe even a lower level wherever, who can be the offensive coordator here and who can come here and say no, this needs to change and not accept any mediocrity that has been here in the past. I want to see an offensive coordinator who is not a crony higher.
Speaker 5: You know, we were talking about that just a little bit before the break, Jason, that you know, his his connections right in the coaching world, and he and he brought guys that he felt he trusted, who he thought could do a good job. And he didn't have the vast connections that that Jed Fish had to pick from when he got built his coaching staff. He just went out and got a bunch of guys that he that he knew over the years, and.
Speaker 4: He got quality guys.
Speaker 5: And I I don't know, but I don't know how many of those guys, like you said, were friends of his so much as he was trying to build a coaching staff he could win with.
Speaker 4: And maybe that is a huge difference.
Speaker 5: And I would I think that he has to have do some soul searching about the quality of the coaches and that he's going to bring in, because he's he better get some guys who can coach better than the guys that he has.
Speaker 7: Well and the sing goals for the strength and conditioning.
Speaker 6: You know, I've never talked to her about.
Speaker 7: Strength and conditioning the season like like we had right right this year.
Speaker 6: But I'll tell you what, you know, the previous staff, the brag about how much every guy's powerlifted and bench pressing, and we had curtains, curtains around the way literally little curtains around the way group.
Speaker 7: It's year, so I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you wouldn't bring it up, if if has, so many guys weren't getting hurt.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, guys were just going down.
Speaker 6: Left and right for a while, and and you know it's.
Speaker 2: Not good to both of you guys. I want to ask us, when do you think it all went wrong? At what point? I think Jason already answered the question.
Speaker 4: Jason's gonna say when they hired well.
Speaker 6: No, no, the NAU game was rough and then off the field. His biggest mistake off the field was a comment that may have come out wrong in the press conference. It came out like he didn't want any part in marketing the team. When he made it was would have to get the exact quote, and now people have gone over every to a word of it, you know, to make sure it was said right. I don't have it in front of me, so I'm gonna have to paraphrase it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: He was asked kind of about a little bit of the lack of marketing, and he said, you know, that's for somebody with a marketing degree. You know that was kind of adjusted it. And you know he can't do that today. You've got to market and brand the program like crazy. You know, you can't just come in here and coach the team. It doesn't work, you know, and and and and you've got to have a differentiator in recruiting. And you can't be so brazen to think because you're such a great leader, or you know this about Actsidons football of a sudden.
Speaker 7: They're gonna they're gonna win.
Speaker 6: No, you have to you have to have some type.
Speaker 7: Of differentiator in recruiting.
Speaker 6: And and you know we can't see under the hood with the ni L.
Speaker 7: But apparently you know that hasn't been.
Speaker 6: Great, and apparently they're working on it now. But I want to get you your guys's take. I assume you read the article by Michael lev and the Daily Story yesterday last night about you know, Desiree Refrance while bringing him back. It doesn't sound like he's.
Speaker 7: On a long leash.
Speaker 4: Exactly, No, Jason, that's exactly what I've heard. Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, I've got you know, somebody that knows the program very well who said exactly that that they're going to bring him back, and this is before she announced her thing, and he said, they're going to bring him back, but he's going to have a very short leash. And you wonder if the short leash means, like I was saying a second ago, is desiree or somebody in her administration right gonna have a veto power or going to have to approve the new hires. Are they gonna tell him, Okay, you have to fire your offensive and defensive coordinator. They're going to say something like that. We don't know, but there has to be a discussion. But she did say in the statement to Michael lev And there will be changes made.
Speaker 2: What that means, well, better to have a short leaf than leave.
Speaker 4: Than look, and that he.
Speaker 5: That's all fans should expect. He's like, Okay, we're gonna make you know. It's not He's not the only one who's gonna fix this. We're all gonna take part in fixing this. Because that's how big of a fix it needs to be.
Speaker 2: To your point, Jason, in the first two games, because I totally agree with your your evaluation on the first game and the second game, and I've said this, there's got to be some disconnect between the coach and the players maybe they don't respect them, they'll play hard for him, whatever, And I said that all year, you don't get beat by thirty twenty five every game, and that's what it felt like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let me jump in because you're making a good point here. And somebody else made this point kind of what you're saying, Steve, after the game, and they were like, Okay, if Brennan is such a great guy, if you guys love him so much, why weren't you running too a wall for him?
Speaker 2: No, you're exactly right. So my point is, if that's the case in my scenario, what makes you think it's going to happen next year? If it's not there, it's not there. If you don't love the woman and you don't show it best the second, what's the second ye're going to matter.
Speaker 5: But let's remember what we said earlier, Steve, is that these players play for their assistant coaches. Right, those are the first, Those are first on their list, and then it's the head coach. Now, the head coach has to bring up, but he's got to get assistant coaches that the guys who are going to respect and run through walls with that and that's and that's the thing. And again, I you know, going to your point, Jason, you know he brought in all his buddies, right and guys that, and and again for with good reason. He he's worked with these coaches, to be fair, he trusted him. He thought at San Jose State they were good enough to take this step up, but as a group, they didn't make take the big step up that they needed to take. So now what's he going to do? You know, who's he going to let go? Who's he going to keep? I think the fan base, and you can't base it all on the fan base, but I think they'll lose their mind if Tino Baber's is back and the other and.
Speaker 6: They I believe he was the one who is only on the one year deal. And even if this was a super successful year, I wouldn't have expected him to have a second year. We are just in the sense that I think he can get a head coaching job at a MAC school or somewhere like that. He's got good experience, he ran a really clean program, he did win some games, he graduated a ton of kids. You know, he's a good guy. You know, Babers can get another job. Right as a head coach, but they need to bring in an offensive coordinator now. The other thing that I heard yesterday or on Saturday in the press conference that made me a little uneasy was when somebody asked Brennan, well, what's your pitch to bring guys in in the transfer portal now? And Brannan's get the leap of faith? And Brennan's defense he didn't have the full transfer portal last year. But the problem with it now is you got to recruit through the transfer portal off a four and eight season and a coaching staff that's never really had a ton of success. And and so he was asked, well, what are you saying, and it's and and he's got to get guys to have a leap of faith.
Speaker 7: Well that's not that's not a lot.
Speaker 2: No, Well, you have a leap of faith and you have Semenil money. I don't know if they have both.
Speaker 4: Well, but Jet Fish is the same thing though.
Speaker 6: Too right, But Fish said, Fish said, don't compare, don't look at Arizona and don't look at this what we did last year. Look at what this coaching staff has done in the NFL. And then Jed said, I've got the NFL playbook, and I've got NFL coaches, and we're going to be the third n three year correct, We're going to move you to the NFL. Okay, so bs or not. You know, you've got to sell and and and and he sell and he sold it and worked and he and he's got it's got a you know, tough What he can offer kids here is you're going to play. You're gonna right now, You're gonna play because there's not a lot of positions where you have somebody you know, guaranteed into into a.
Speaker 7: Spot, you know, for next year.
Speaker 2: But you know, a lot of people have said what.
Speaker 6: I'm about to say is it's just you know, you don't lose these three potential first round picks to the NFL and usually have a better roster next year. They have to have a home run in this print. He has had to have the home run in this transfer portal the way that Dillingham did for issue last year.
Speaker 2: While we have you on, Jason and Jay, let me go we have about three four minutes. This solve the world's problems with the basketball team, though, just because just because what the heck do you think is going on there?
Speaker 6: Jason, I'm having trouble figuring it out because when I look at the team, it doesn't look that much different from his previous three teams. Now, the one number that jumps out.
Speaker 7: Of you is the assists.
Speaker 6: They were always top five and assists, and now there one hundred and twentieth or whatever it was. So I'm trying to figure out what is I don't think that Kretus has made that freshman to sophomore year jump in improvement the way that Ballow did for him, the Loco did for him, and even as Zulu's Tubellus did for him. I don't see that kind of jump yet from either of the big men. So I think they're lacking a little bit there. There's something wrong with the Caleb Love. I'm not sure what it is, if it's a confidence issue or you know, just a feast or famine thing, but you know, that's definitely he's not quite you know, is consistent, and he wasn't that consistent year. But but but he's not that consistent.
Speaker 7: And I'm not really I don't really.
Speaker 6: Have my fender on what is so different from this year's team compared to the previous three.
Speaker 7: What's your take on it.
Speaker 2: Well, I've said this a few times. I think number one, I'll go with number two. First, they're not defending the team, nor they do. They feel like wanting to defend the teams on the perimeter, right, and they have people, they have athletes one.
Speaker 4: And that's been that's been a problem since he got.
Speaker 2: Here, right right, And to the number one thing in my mind defense is yeah, so number one. Number one, they're not able to go and transition. Arizona teams since I covered it in the nineties early nineties, they moved, they transitioned, they got points off, turnovers, off a lot of things these teams that they're playing, and you would be a coach, you'd want to stop that, right, get everybody back, stop their transition. You're saving at least fifteen points. And they don't look like the Arizona teams that I've covered. They're not fast, they're not smooth, but guess what, they have the players to do that. But the teams that they're playing are smarter, they're bigger than they're tougher. That's the number one thing in my mind. Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, uh, the Senate the first team they played, not Davidson, but the team after that was Oklahoma looked really tough, they looked really physical. But you're right, you know, to that point, I saw them do a high low play, you know where those kind of all you dunks, those those high low plays. I'm like, oh my goodness, I forgot about that. Say they said that all the time.
Speaker 7: Last year, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know that was a sort of a bread and butter for him the last couple of years with with Ballow, with with Tubellas uh uh uh, and and last year with with Ballo and Crevis. So the things that have worked for him in the past they're not doing so for whatever reason. Is it? Is it just a chemistry issue? Is that the pieces don't quite fit right? You know, they got good players at all the positions, but what's the fit? To me that that's the only thing that explains to me what's going on with them right now, is that for whatever they don't fit he you know, he started Carter Bryant the other night, right. I know it's because of the technical clauses and stuff like that, but there's just doesn't seem to be any kind of cohes slow or rhythm or as you said, cohesiveness to any other lineup.
Speaker 2: Those three words cohesively flow.
Speaker 6: But I can't figure out what everything he's saying is right. But I'm about having trouble figuring out why because the team doesn't look much different than his previous three teams. And after the first couple of wins against Cadesious and Old Dominion.
Speaker 7: He made the comment of, well, you know, we've.
Speaker 6: Got a tough stretch, but but I like who we're going in with.
Speaker 7: And I don't think he.
Speaker 6: Was just saying that.
Speaker 2: I thought I think he was confident.
Speaker 6: And so you know, I'm That's what I'm kind of scratching my head at.
Speaker 2: Well, he said about it feels like you talked about being in the Big eight. Were built for it, We're ready for it. No, you're not, because we've seen it.
Speaker 5: To me, the the thing is that is that I think you know you're tasking one reason why they are where they are. It's it's that it's not the talent. No, it's not the scheme. No, well, it may be the scheme in the sense that he's got to find a scheme that works with the combinations that he has.
Speaker 2: You you've covered you've currently follow the team. I've covered it for like thirty years now, whatever, how do you beat an Araszonta team. Coach Loot or Sean or now Tommy put him in the half court. Make sure they plan always that because they don't have the players to play in the half court, they don't have the practice that they should have court. And how many teams have played them in the half court now? Every single defeat they put them in the half court.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, I again, I watched this team and it just doesn't look like it has the capability to run the stuff that Tommy has run since he got.
Speaker 2: Here, right right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jason, you know, if you want to have a.
Speaker 6: Leap of faith with basketball, which is says, hey, you know the year that you don't think, you don't expect big things, that's that's what big things happens in basketball.
Speaker 2: Jason. You know what you're gonna start, Well, you can start well. They finished fifth in the packed Pac ten back in ninety seven, so you know this is gonna happen again. Be prepared for that one.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, it's it's you know, listen, you know that that works.
Speaker 7: That works.
Speaker 2: Leap of faith along, Steve, Thanks Jason, thanks for joining us. Appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, great chatter about the football. Appreciate you guys having me on. We're good to listen to you and talk to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, mess Thanks Jason Jason bar Channel nine. We're gonna go take a break and then talk more about basketball. I guess Nick takes some calls. If you're an Arizona Man's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for newly forty years now. Take a look back at the Ludolsen era in my new book, Lessons from Lout It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Luton is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 16: Hi, this is formal wild at Leman Huntly with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space in your life. We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our shareroom today at twenty second in Wilmot, Arizona.
Speaker 7: Health the lean to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 17: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial dat available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot Edu. Slash Someday.
Speaker 2: Hey Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back in a home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance with the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen Nord Campbell or call him at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Selling your home want to get more money for it? Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home you Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Armny Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousan five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home, call Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 1: Steve Rivera, He's got his eye on the ball. On Tucson Sports Station Fox Sports fourteen fifth Day.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to win the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. In today with me is long time partner Jay gon Zauz Henry working on the board. So we're doing okay, let me ask you. You've been off the internet? You said, like off the craziness great Twitter?
Speaker 5: We No, I've been.
Speaker 2: I still pay attention to it over the weekend.
Speaker 5: After all this stuff. Soul retains me still and I don't feel compelled to go on there and fight with anybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so over the weekend when the basketball team and we'll stay on the basketball team. You hear, I see you on Facebook, see on Twitter. Tommy Wiwid is not the guy. He's not the guy. You know. These are coming from the guys that feasted with him for three years, right and all of a sudden he loses a couple of games and get him out of it there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, like with the people who are saying Brent Brand needs to be fired, people are saying Tommy Lloyd, you know, is not the guy. I just say, go back to your basement, open your bag of cheetos, sit down in your boxer, shorts and have fun because it's it's all.
Speaker 4: All those things are dumb.
Speaker 5: And I'm not trying to put myself like I'm smarter than everybody, but those things are unrealistic.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: You know what, Tommy Lloyd hasn't won enough for you. He's winning thirty games every year, right, I get it. He hasn't done in NCAA tournament what you would hope he would do. And he's off to a little bit of a rocky start. Did Lout have some rocky starts? I recall that he did. Sean Miller have some rocky starts. I recall that he did. There are still good coaches, right, really good coaches, and so you know, just relax, let as as they say, let this thing play out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly exactly. I think he'll fix this. But half of it. It's not just him. It's Jay. If you want to beat me, you're going to put some work into beating me, right, And the schemes or whatever. I still say those things that I said earlier are an issue, and that's what he has to fix.
Speaker 5: The thing of it is, David, it feels like people think that this is easy because Tommy Lloyd has won so many games the first few years. It hasn't been easy. You know, a lot of things had to come together for him to win the mon games that he's won.
Speaker 2: We got to go to the full lines. Hello, you're on the air.
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 18: How you guys? Hi? J Hi Steeds. This is your buddy, Gabe, How you guys?
Speaker 2: You you've been missing for a while. I was gonna call nine one one to find you. I was wondering, are you okay?
Speaker 18: Well get him one time? Jall? Have you been buddy?
Speaker 5: I'm hanging in there, Gabe. I'm I didn't jump off any bridges after Saturday?
Speaker 4: How's that?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 18: Yeah, neither did I. I was pinning of Stetchy that we're gonna lose to the scum devil.
Speaker 6: So and we did.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 18: I don't know if I like Dad Brennan coming back or not, but I know that Dino Babers is not coming back to be the offensive coordinator. What else do we know as in this point, No.
Speaker 2: We don't.
Speaker 4: We don't know anything. Uh gave that things are just getting started.
Speaker 5: He's obviously got to make some changes and we'll see what those are over over the time. But in the meantime, they got to be recruiting, So I don't know how. I don't know how you do all this right, If you have a stable staff, you can all go out and be recruiting, not worrying about things. Brent Brennan's got to worry about what do I have to do? What do I have to change? Uh, you know, whether it's coaching staff or however they do things during this time that he's also got to get players to come here?
Speaker 18: Do you seek deser re Francois have the money to farmhand even though Brent Brennan is not his guy, even though even though Brent Brennant is not her guy, that she hired him, even though that day he basically hire him.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good question, because the rumors were that she did. I don't know if they're true or not. I don't know. I'm not gonna believe in any rumors. The thing is, they need a lot more money than what people think, right.
Speaker 18: Yeah, money makes them wall go round.
Speaker 5: And I think we're realistically though, Gabe. Even if she had oodles of money to do it, I think I think you hurt your program more than you help it if you fire a coach like Brent Brannan after year one. Like again, I was here when the Ben Lindsay thing happened. Gabe, you weren't even born yet, but that had to happen then, right, And even then when they fired him, when said Dempsey fired him after when I was shocked. I thought coaches don't lose their jobs after one year. Now, later on, you were how old eighty three? Eighty three?
Speaker 4: I would have been twenty four years old?
Speaker 2: Really only twenty four, Okay, so twenty four you're you and you probably know the history. It was bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And well later on I've told you, I you know, I read transcripts of from you know, what was going on behind the scenes, from from the from a Ben Lindsay's a lawsuit against Arizona. He had to be fired, and knowing all of what we read in those in the court files, he had to be fired. But that's how bad it had to be for them to fire I remember back then they had one year contracts.
Speaker 2: Yeah we got another call, Yeah, so we haven't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you know, I I think you hurt your program more than you help it if you get rid of a coach after one year in this situation.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jay, we have another call. Keep calling, Gay, we miss you, Man, I miss you? Did he go? Okay, Well he's listening. Thanks, we got another call. Yeah, let's take this call. All right, Hello, you're on the air and line on the ball, Nico, gab and Nico, what the Nico?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: J whateped and you get fired from that jet, Nico.
Speaker 5: I finished my homework on time, and Steve let me come in and hang and hag with him for a while.
Speaker 2: Dico, you want to be my partner here?
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Man, that's a pretty big commitment.
Speaker 2: Man, that's why I came.
Speaker 4: It is Nico. It's a huge commitment.
Speaker 8: And I don't have the sources you have.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't have the connection, but you have the humor. I need some humor. Go ahead, what's what's up? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 8: I told you guys at the beginning of the year they'd be six and six, and you laughed at me. You didn't believe me.
Speaker 2: I thought they didn't win at least eight games? You really did, Jay, you thought they wouldn't more than that.
Speaker 5: Made I lost I mean my wife, I lost some money because they didn't get to eight.
Speaker 8: So yeah, man, it was bad. Man, it wasn't even like it was just.
Speaker 2: Bad what happened. So, Nico, I'm gonna ask you the question they asked Jay and Jason one did it when did you feel it went bad? Went wrong? And you yeah, because they didn't give him a fight.
Speaker 8: It was just terrible. You should whoop that. And you've got like forty Yeah.
Speaker 2: I agree, And and Jason made the point is the injuries weren't there already.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean Dino Babers, he's gonna get fired. But if you fire Dwayne Aquina, I'm gonna be pissed.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Well that's the sentiment everywhere.
Speaker 5: Well, and Dwayne a Quina has the defense that all his good players got hurt. And so you I could see that if they keep Dwayne Aquina, maybe change some some might change some other guys on the staff, turnover a lot of the offensive staff or maybe it's just offensive coordinator.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And not the Babers, but the guy that he was supposed to be mentoring to to, you know, to call players and stuff. Maybe that you turn over, you do some you do some changes there. But again, none of that is gonna help the season ticket sales next year. No, it's not the only thing that's gonna help. That is if you win some games and people come back. So they're gonna have to bite the bullet and understand attendance is probably gonna be down next year.
Speaker 4: Well, no matter what they do.
Speaker 2: Niko, have you and your dad talked about season tickets next year?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Man, I go with my dad and his buddy and they're like, we're only coming back if you pay.
Speaker 7: For the tickets.
Speaker 9: I'm like, damn, so you're not freaking thirteen.
Speaker 7: Butts man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see. That's what Well, that's what that's what it is. That's what happened. That's what's gonna be your option of going to a game and spending the money but going to see the possibility. Yeah, they're gonna lose.
Speaker 5: I've heard some long time season ticket holder say I'm not so sure about next year, and that's and you know what, they have every right. The product was bad this year, you know. I mean, if you hear a movie is bad, do you go see it?
Speaker 2: Always?
Speaker 4: You usually don't, So it's same thing.
Speaker 8: Hey, man, I don't know. I'll probably pony up the cash but I did sit around some good people.
Speaker 5: Well, no, you know what the I'll say, the a SU fans around us were great. I think partly because the Arizona fans were just beaten. You know, we sat down and we had nothing to say. We were beaten.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, even got to the point where you know how you su fans start chaying a SU and Arizona fans goes sucks. I wanted to tell the guy across out from me, Arizona fans stop saying sucks.
Speaker 2: One, they don't suck. Okay, you're down zero.
Speaker 5: Just just be quiet, write it out and go home after this.
Speaker 4: That that's what I wanted to happen.
Speaker 8: Hey, man, I'll say about this. Me and my dad were somebody that they issue chicks, and we we all let that al time. Man, we've been drinking at the bar. It's a great time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: There you go, Nico, Thanks for calling you.
Speaker 5: Do you hear from you? Nico?
Speaker 2: All right? No? Cool, He's right. I mean you to spend thirteen two thousand whatever is to go watch chance to win again.
Speaker 5: And and but you know, and I I may be one of the reasons that that a reason when you think of a number of reasons that that it could have been. The desre said, you know we're keeping them is because no matter what she does, like again, unless you're gonna go get you know, Bill Belichick, you know somebody like that to come here and coach who can sell tickets, you're not gonna You're not gonna change the trajectory of the of the coming season when it comes to tickets.
Speaker 2: The move the needle doesn't move for very much. There's no there's what you say this. I know her a little and we've met her right a little. She's a smart woman. We know that she's coming into a different spot. I'm not gonna try to all by her because she's coming here with the thoughts that she has to get this money, this place out of money, out of money trouble. Uh, there's money issues here. Uh. She's brought in some people of her own, her own past. A lot of people have left from the people that.
Speaker 4: Are here were here.
Speaker 2: So I don't envy the position she's in. And this was a no win situation, uh in firing the coach, hiring the coach, and her and her job. That said, she's making a lot of money, so people get paid a lot of money, have them. So there's no crying for for Desert.
Speaker 4: I'm not crying for her at all. But it is a it is a hard job.
Speaker 5: It's hard heart respect the fact that she's in an she is in a tough position, as is everybody over there, you know, And and everybody's got a you know, as they say, you know, uh, you know, pull the you know, pull on the rope or whatever whatever ridge do you say about that?
Speaker 4: You know that that you know, because it's the you know, it's football.
Speaker 5: And then when you got the added misery that's going on in basketball, it's kind of like this is this couldn't be harder right now than it is right right, No, bread and Butter's are both both programs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so the good.
Speaker 2: Thing is that the cash from this this past season has already come in. Yeah, because the season takes but the future holy.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, and and and look, everybody will feel better if basketball can ride itself. And look, we said all along, get ready for some losses. There's going to be some losses, and there are going to be some losses. The question is what can Tommy do to to to stem the tide on that Yeah, no.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. They have the players. I do believe that previous is not the guy that we thought he would be to this point.
Speaker 5: Well, let's not forget he was injured all you know, he didn't get time on the court and all that stuff, and so you know what does that have to do with with where he's at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So they have Henry, they have a walk. Uh, they have they have have enough, they have parts they have.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 5: Also coming off the bench, he gives you a guy that at the very least have to cover it.
Speaker 2: Brian can play off the bench. Caleb's got to play better. We all know that. But guess what, You're gonna have to live with him being Caleb.
Speaker 5: Caleb is gonna be Caleb, and you're not going to sit him down for oh, sit him down, don't let him start like what what?
Speaker 2: Yeh. He's the first team All America guy that I think that they're gonna have to ride, which the way he plays, he's party gonna love it is Jaye j And Bradley just get the ball and he because he loves on that show. He's got, he's got, he's he's.
Speaker 5: The key to making all of this come together as point guards usually are, right. I think he's good. I think he's really good. He is, but maybe he's trying to figure things out.
Speaker 2: He's his style is take control blah blah blah and kJ. Whatever's going on with KG, he's got to be better too. I mean there's people that got to be better. Yeah, So we'll see Jay. I appreciate you coming back.
Speaker 5: Well, this is fun, Steve, Well, you know, we'll do it some more.
Speaker 2: Just what I need to hear you rant you didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't read that bad, but I've had three days to get over it. But we'll be back together December nineteenth at the Casino del Sol and see us. So come and see us out there at the Soul Sports sports Book and we'll be hanging out over there.
Speaker 4: But I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Henry. We'll see everybody tomorrow.