Speaker 1: Five o five. It's about d r C be Coff station every Wednesday. It is a vacation. Well, isn't that the case? And as I mentioned previously, since I hear my tongue opening song every morning, I actually could use a vacation. I'll be taking one next week and I am looking forward to, uh the mental health week, which is the designated reason for taking the vacation. Excuse me, hold on, there's that cough button to thank god it exists. It's not another a syllable until Mike comes on. Although I did add a couple of words with Sean mc man this morning, Shawn Cover for the out Joe Strecker and I hope he's doing all right. I hope you're doing all right too this morning. Always enjoy hearing from you, so you can feel free to call. Perhaps you want to react to what one hundred and four percent tariffs on China which kicked in at midnight five three seven eight hundred eight two three talk with Pound five fifty on AT and T phone. I always remember, never forget if you have carecy dot com podcasts up talk with doctor Joseph Shaughnessy yesterday about head and neck cancer interesting that HPV. Yeah, that causes uh throat cancer and sadly, as doctor Shaughnessy pointed out, it's literally everywhere. So just things you need to look out for, signs, symptoms, lifestyle changes that you can engage in to prevent the head and neck cancer. Most notably don't smoke and apparently don't accessively drink, So go ahead and go down that road. Alternatively trying to duck, run and cover from HPV it can be a little difficult thing to do, given hell widely it spreads. It is out there in the world. Sorry to pass along the bad information, but that's what doctor Shaughnessy from OHC is there to do. And yes, I had my scan yesterday. I don't know what the results will be. The earliest I can get them back is today, but it'd be more likely tomorrow. So so many people have asked, and you know, I cannot thank you enough for the kind words of the prayers and the concern for my health. So I'll keep my fingers crossed at at least some positive results. But again I'm not real optimistic. But whatever the deal, the hand that life deals you and you go from there, take good care of your health and put your hands in put your health in the hands of some good doctors, which I feel like I have done with my friends at OHC Todd's Ledge and the VA. What a wonderful thing, and God bless him. I got a challenge coin from Todd is since ANIVA challenge coin add to my collection and challenge coins is. But I will certainly cherish that. Been working with Todd in the since ANIVA talking about all the things they're doing for our American veterans, and it's a relationship I have thoroughly enjoyed over the years, and it gives me great pleasure to keep my veteran a listening audience up to speed on what's going on over the VA, as well as with the various veteran services to join the program and other guests in veterans organizations like Patriots Landing. I mentioned that when I was talking to Todd the other day. So they're all out there and they're there to help your needs and service you because you well rose to the challenge and served our country. Monday, Monday, Brian James, that's up there, Christopher Smith and Smith Avan, It's all right there. Fifty five Krsey dot com and encouragement to get the iHeartMedia app wire there. It makes it so easy to listen. Hello to my wife, who is in Chicago for a conference this week. Yes, it's bachelor week for Brian Thomas. Honestly rather it not be. Yeah, I don't take my wife for granted ever, but it's those times when he's not around got started. I don't know that I could take care of myself. It wasn't for my wife. Yes, I I'll kick my coverage and I'm happy to admit that. Also there it is again looking forward to seven oh five. First guests in the morning, Anson Freerricks. He's a Cincinnati native and former president of Anheuser Busch. He was out and actually saw the woke reality coming before he got out in Anheuser Busch. But he wrote a book on and we're going to talk about it today at seven o five, last call for bud Light. Doesn't take too much to read into that one, does it, And so Ansoner joined the program to talk about his time at bud Light or with Budweiser. And you know what happened to bud with the woke ideology that took over? Where it came from? How it crept in. And how is it that a beer company and the most popular beer in America could possibly lose sight of its core audience so much that it fell off the map as a consequence of the Dylan Moulvaney controversy, among other things. Yeah, the old focus was on sports and partying and having fun and you know, enjoy yourself. An icy cold bud Light goes down easy, and that work for a number of years, a tried and true strategy. Only they have it blow up almost in a moment's time. And if you notice, as I'm thinking about that, and I suppose it was a conservative backlash, but considering it's an eighty twenty thing, this whole transgender women are, you know, men or women kind of thing, the Dylan Mulvaney's of the world is and talk about losing propositions, it is something that eighty percent of Americans reject. So it's difficult for me to call it a conservative revolt against bud Light the boycott, but let's just say for the sake of discussion, it is. And I'm sure a large majority of the people who went on a bud Light boycott, and by the fact they may have drank bud Light for years. Did they go around and torch bud Light displays its stores. Did they go out to bud Light distributors and spray paint them and protest in front of them. No, you just didn't put bud Light in your shopping cart when you're going out to the grocery store, your local convenience store. That was your response, and your reaction it's a legitimate one. You're entitled to buy or not buy whatever product you want in this world, in this country, and if you reject the ideology of a company, you reject maybe the product because it tastes like crap, you don't buy it. Obviously, the star contrast from people going around and burning up private property owned by other people, people who were not making a political statement when they bought a Tesla for example. I don't know. It is the star contrast between the anger and the violence that comes from the left compared to that of the conservatives. And you were probably remember during the Biden administration, it was who was the big problem in the country, who represented the biggest challenged national security, who represented the biggest terroristic threat was always you know, right wing conservatives or Nazis or racists or something like that. I can't really remember, and you can correct me if I'm wrong. If I've overlooked maybe one or two events that were racial, anti or racist based organized events protested involved violence related to conservative causes. If they were out there, they pretty flew. They pretty much flew underneath my radar compared to all the violence and disruption that we saw during let's say Anti File or what we're witnessing now with the completely unhinged left dealing with the Trump administration for whatever reason, and the Department of Government efficiency. Oh, let's burn a tesla. Okay, connect the dots on that one if you're able to, and nobody in the protests were really able to do that. Dono and a Neil America for Prosperity. He'll be out at seven thirty the return it out of it and you always enjoy hearing from him to probably have a call to action for us. We'll figure out what AFP's working on. Congressman Thomas Massey. My favorite hour of radio with Congressman Massey, followed by Judge Unit of Politano. No fan of Tariff's. Judge of Politano. He says they're actually unconstitutional. And there's he makes a good argument for it, so don't get mad at him. Up front. I'll explain it, he'll explain it. But Congressman Massey on the Dual Loyalty Disclosure Act, and another one that I love, the country of origin labeling, will we get the reinstatement of that? That was that multi country trade agreement, the Mexico Canada US Trade agreement, which removed our ability to know where our food came from. If you're at the store and you have a pile of meat in front of you, are you interested in all in knowing where the meat came from? I certainly am. I would like to see it. Have a nice proud you A grown, manufactured, made and processed in the United States of America. And if I had a stack of Mexican prepared food next to that one, and all things being equal to pound of ground beef, as a pound of ground beef, i'd i prefer the USA label. Would the price be different? I don't know. Pre terrified, I can't answer that question, But in terms of my preference, I'd like to support the American farm worker. I trust American manufactured products more. Yes, all these rules and regulations regarding cleanliness and USDA standards and all that do cost us more because of the regulatory burdens they place on American industry. But I'll be happy to enjoy them because I know if I pick a pound of American manufactured ground beef and it says it's manufactured in America, I view that as a good thing. It provides me with information, which you know me. I'm big on information. I can then make an informed decision. I always read the label before I buy shrimp. I want United States, either Golf of Mexico or Golf of America, depending upon which side of the ledger you stand on. It's a golf, it's where the shrimp are. And if American sailors are out there, fishermen are out there gathering up fresh golf shrimp, wild caught fresh golf shrimp. I want to know that because I don't want to buy farm raised shrimp from Vietnam or any other foreign country. I don't want farm raised shrimp. That's a label I enjoy reading. Why can't we have that? Congressomassi will address that and we I'm looking forward to that conversation. Also, there is some efforts to stop Donald Trump tariffs, which you know, segues quite nicely into Judge Ennitapolitana's conclusions about tariffs, and briefly, as he writes in his column, in nineteen seventy seven, Congress and acted the International Economic Emergency Powers Act. That's what Donald Trump asserted in slapping the twenty five percent tariffs on Canon Mexico, saying, the fentanyl crisis is an emergency and we need to do something about it. So we're slapping a terrify on you guys unless you help us stop the flow of fentanyl into our country. Well, that ended up being a little bit broader in terms of the impact on other countries and other goods outside Canada and Mexico. So then he asserted the fact that we have a trade imbalance, citing the emergency that was created by a massive trade imbalance, and we certainly have a massive trade imbalance. That's one of the reasons we're in his trade war with China. And whether or not the tariffs ultimately are determined by a court to be legal or not under the International Economic Emergency Powers Act, which Poltonus says in and of itself is a delegation of the spending powers of Congress to the President, which you can't delegate constitutionally enshrining powers to other agencies or other branches of government. But that's the extra layer that's in this discussion. But because we've had a trade imbalance going on since it's nineteen thirty four, he points out that by definition, it's neither sudden nor unexpected and therefore can't qualify as the emergency, which negates the basis for the tariffs that have been implemented so far. So probably ruffling a few feathers of my listening audience, although I know some people in my listening audience are big fans of tariffs anyway, And we are bracing ourselves again for the just implemented one hundred and four percent tariffs on China, which take took effect this morning at twelve oh one. So more on that and some victories for the Trump administration in the Supreme Court. We can talk about that, and we can talk to you, including you being Mississippi James, who's on the phone. We'll have to wait for a moment to get his call. It is already five eighteen. Hang on there for a moment. You guys can feel free to call in two, five, one, three, seven, four nine, fifty eight two three talk be right back after these brief words. Fifty five KRC got up in five twenty two of eighty five KRC Detox Station. Oh, real quick, because I do want to forget. I mentioned my wife's had a ton of the conference in Chicago. Do you know what, Sean, I'll pull the room. What do you think the valet parking rate is for the hotel she's staying with in at Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Twenty bucks? How about eighty per day? It is ridiculous, Thank you very much. And she also she ordered a Cobs salad and one glass of white wine room serves. It was I think she said, sixty dollars. Yeah, don't go to Chicago. I used to live there, man, eight years. In this one of the I say it out loud because one of the main reasons I'm so happy we chose to move back to Cincinnati. We both took a cut and salary in our cost of living, or rather our quality of living went through the roof. And there's a couple of illustrations exactly why why would you go to Chicago for your business conference? Anyway, Mississippi, James, thanks for bearing with me while I vented my spleen on that. Welcome back, my Friend's good to hear from you this morning. All right, good morning, doctor Brian.
Speaker 2: Now you just said an example about your wife in Chicago. I'll say that first, so I get to my point. Okay, about five years ago I went to New York. Now I use points to get the hotel off my credit cards, you know, accumulated points on there. But your park it was seventy.
Speaker 1: Five dollars a day. Yeah, about five years ago is New York?
Speaker 2: My goodness, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, Mississippi's I bet the cost of them over in our valet parking overnight New York is probably one hundred dollars. Now, you know, Chicago would still look like a like a like a deal compared to it. Ah, it's crazy. Yeah, she's getting re emerge, but her company's not doing serving itself by having every person that's at that conference charging that kind of money that's coming out of the business's bottom line. Why do not you use a different city? As she drove past Indianapolis on the way up there, they could have chosen I bet it's only like thirty forty bucks for valet parking in India every night. Anyway, go ahead and get to your point, James, right now. I'm gonna help you out a little bit. Now, first I must uh you still there be out of here.
Speaker 2: Okay, I couldn't hear anything. But I'm gonna help you out a little bit. But first I must make my disclaimer. Hey, I come in peace. I love everybody, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 1: You made me, Yeah, you've made that clear ever since you've been calling in. I've got no.
Speaker 2: Argument with that, right And if you know me, I do not condone any violence. I do not advocate for any destruction, burning, tearing or whatever. Agreed, but not an example you just made about bud Light with anhuser Bush, them leaving from their base that supported them. Yes, I see the same thing happening with Elon Musk, the people that loved him and adored him when he was doing this thing, then when he got into politics and pull a rug from und the people. They are reacting in a certain way. I know the intention was to find the fraud, the wayte the abuse and all of that, right, but it's a certain way you have to present it. Back to the peoples, you know, and it was so abruptly. Know what I'm saying is right, wrong and different. I'm just saying from my position, anytime you pull a rug from on the people's they're gonna react.
Speaker 1: And I do not negative weight and I don't disagree with that. So let's assume with the second discussion, they're all upset with what Elon Musk is doing, and therefore if they acted like the bud Like people, they just wouldn't buy Tesla stock. They wouldn't buy Tesla automobiles. If they own one, they might choose to sell it because they don't want to be seen driving around in one. That would be a perfectly acceptable response. But burning them and spray painting Tesla dealerships and being violent towards people, and you know, keying rid property and spray painting private property, that's a horse of a different color. That's criminal activity. And I don't respect remember anybody engaging in criminal activity against bud Light because they went down a different path. And if people were just calm and peaceful and just recognized out loud and tried to support a protest and a boycott against Tesla, that will be perfectly acceptable behavior. But that's not what's going on. It's widespread violence and destruction of property, which and even if you take out the Tesla automobile, you know, call it a widget. If it was widespread violence and destruction of widgets, it would still be criminal activity. That's the difference that I was trying to illustrate. So, yeah, you're right. You're entitled to make your own choices. You're entitled to choose, and you're entitled to decide that some person that you supported and thought was the greatest savior of the climate that ever existed, or the most brilliant man ever has now become some sort of rogue. You can change your opinion and change your mind and also chase your change your buying choices and sport that concept. But like you said, and I'm with you, I don't agree with the violence five twenty seven. It's the stark contrast what's going on five twenty seven fifty five Carrius of the talks station, Local stories or your phone calls. Either way you go, We'll be right back about thirty one. Happy Wednesday. Oh, I imagine talked about Aaron Anson Frerek's author of the book Last Call for bud Lie, former President Van huns A Bush seven oh five, Diamond and Neil at seven thirty, Congressman Thomas Massey eighth five Napolitano of course at a thirty. I forgot to mention doctor j Rissover, he's doing an empower you seminar and that will be tomorrow night getting at seven pm, making America healthy. He is really into the you know, make America healthy again kick that we all seem to be on, and I hope that gained some steam for all of our sake. Meanwhile, over the local stories, the University of Cincinnati's thank you to The Inquirer's Elizabeth Kim credit credit biological bathroom signs went viral on Reddit and apparently caused outrage among students. Back in February, they were removed, university confirming the science were taken down last month. Signs appeared after Ohio's bathroom bill, which required students in Ohio to use bathrooms and locker rooms matching their own sex assigned at birth, took effect. Back in February. The bill Foliday host of executive voters that Trump signed regarding transgender people, DEI and all those programs. When students protesting the UC's rollback of DEI during a Board of trustees meeting, asked whether using the word biological was legally necessary. University of President Nevil Pental called the signs an error. His words, there were one hundred and seventeen signs installed in four residential communities on the campus. Court of the University spokes first in speaking with the Enquirre mb Riley in response to an enquirre record request created using a three D printer installed by regular employees as part of their ongoing duties. Total cost of labor and materials sixteen thousand dollars High Representative Adam Bird, Representative Republican from New Richmond, co sponsor of the bathroom bill. Spic, speaking with the inquire back in February, said the biological language on the signs was not necessary to comply with the law. Email simp from Vice Provost Nicole Mayo and Vice President blue Zette Marshall to students back in February, quote, this was an error on our part, and we apologize for the harm it may have caused. Email did not clarify why or how the error was made well, and I suppose that is beauty in the ivy holder. I think the word error may be appropriate depending upon your subjective opinion or not. All ways of seventy one northbound near Myra Marker fifty four blocked over nine due to a semi truck crash, according to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, different District six folks. The Galton County Sheriff's Office responded to a crash late last Tuesday evening about a half a mile south of the Eggs at fifty five to Viva fifty four northbound Ice seventy one truck off the right side of the road. They expected delays. According to local news KYTC six d C D six, there's not yet a timeline when the crash will be cleared. First responders were working to clear up the scene and as of this morning, I had no update. Actually the update that I got was four hours old, so it may very well have been cleaned up, but just the heads up for pudential delays.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Boone County Sheriff's Office confirmed two people or die have died after a dump truck crashed into a restaurant. Truck hit another vehicle that went through the side of Boondocks Pub and grub at US forty two and Beaver Road. Happened at four point thirty yesterday. Car also involved flipped over and landed on its roof. One employee of Boondocks speaking with Fox nineteen cents inside the restaurant when the crash happened, along with other employees. Fortunately, no one inside was injured in the incident. People say three people were in the car and two died at the scene. Dump truck driver injured and taken to the hospital along with a passenger from the car. Leslie Lovelass, co owner of the restaurant, said it's not the first crash at this intersection. According to Lovelace, has been a problem for years and she's hope a hopes of changes made. We've been another tragedy. Boondocks, for this part, posted a statement on facebooks that were deeply saddened by the tragic accident that occurred and at the intersection of Highway forty two and Beaver Our hearts and prayers go after those affected and we extend our sinceres condolences to the families, loved ones and first responders involved. According to the restaurant said, we're aware of it that a clip from our security camera has been circulated on social media. This footage was not intended for public release and we are currently looking into how it was shared. Kindly asked that, out of respect for those impacted, the video not be shared. Further identity the two killed in the crash have not yet been released. Restaurant owners said they have a long clean up the head but are grateful for the help and support they've already received. Good luck to them. Five thirty six right now if five krsity talk station and plump type plumbing plumbing done right by forty two? If you if i've kersite talk station hover the stack of stupid wow tow truck driver out there attempting to repossess the couple's car. The driver of the car tried to stop him by running over his head. The guy repossessing the tow truck victim going by the name of Phil Pacman guy on social media, actually survived and oddly enough managed to capture the whole thing on video and of course shared it onto Facebook. Twenty seven year old Brandy Rebels and thirty four year old Nicholas Way now charged with aggravated assault. Ray accused of being the mail responsible for the Ford Fusion when the victim was run over while hooking up his truck to the Sea's vehicle. Happened Wednesday last court to the Memphis Police Department in a news release, revel allegedly tells Ray to hurry up footage showing the repilman underneath the car. Ray runs toward the vehicle, jumps into the driver's seat, and then allegedly drives over the victim's head video screen. According the video, which you can see, he screams repeatedly, writhing on the ground, you ran over my f warding head. You're going to f warding jail. Ray then spends nearly a minute trying to get out of the parking lot as Rebels helps guide him. Victim eventually stands up stumbles back to his truck to stop the recording. Taken to the hospital in non critical condition, believe it or not, suffered arm pain, sustained abrasions from his head from the ordeal, all while he had to be shook in order to keep him awake. His words. Man shared photos of his injuring, putting his neck brace while riding in an ambulance and later in the hospital where he showed off the bruising on both sides of his head, Rebels taking it a custody Thursday. Ray detained. On Friday, vehicle toe to the city lot. Rebels held on a fifteen thousand dollars bond. Ray on a sixty thousand dollars bond. According to the Memphis Police, Jeez, parents out there. You ever every kid say there's a monster underneath the bed. You say, no, there's no monster uneath the bed. You look underneath the bed, Well, guess what this is? From Kansas, babysitter looked under a bed to reassure a worried child that there was not a monster hiding there, coming face to face with a man who was not supposed to be in the room. According to the Sheriff's office in Kansas in a news release, twenty seven year old booked into jail after a struggle with the babysitter that knocked the child to the ground. The Barton County Sheriff's Office said deputies were called late Monday to the home near Great Bend. Suspect was gone when they arrived, with the babysitter told him the child had been completed a monster before she found the suspect the man actually once lived in the home, but there was a protection order from a protection from abuse order issued against him to keep him away from the property, Cording to the Sheriff's office, deputy searched but were unable to find the man until the next day, when he was captured after a foot chase. Record show the man had posted a bond about ten days earlier after being charged with criminal threat, domestic battery, and violating a protection from abuse order, allegations alleged to have occurred in January. February as following latest arrest, the judge ordered him jailed without bond Sheriff's Office at additional request. Charges include aggravated battery, aggravated battery and child in our, burglary, and aggravated battery and child endangerment. Sometimes the kids may be right back to the stack of stupid. This one stupid on multiple levels too. Mayor of one of North North Dakota's largest cities had to resign after an investigation to him mistakenly sharing what is described as a leude video sent to the city attorney but not Mayor Tom Ross resigned Tuesday, believe that'd be yesterday. The same day investigative report was made public that found Ross sent a video of himself well pleasuring himself to the city attorney, Stephanie Staalheim. It happened back in January. He sent the video minutes after the two had a telephone call discussing a police officer's suicide. Ross asked Staalheim to delete the video, not to watch it, and to keep the incident between them. According to the report, Ross told an interviewer that he recorded the video at home during a lunch break, meaning to send it to his romantic partner, not to the city attorney. He said it was a a quote, a sexy video for his girlfriend close quote, Once again entering into the realm of the subjective. Report says Stalheim struggled with whether to make a former report. Ross was her direct supervisor and Staalheim's annual review was pending at the time. Accord to the report, her complaint asked for an apology from Ross and that he considered resigning his mayor. Investigator found Ross's conduct quote directly caused Stalheim's inability to work in an environment free from unreasonable sexual harassment and created an offensive work environment. Close quote, Well, it's because you can't unsee something like that. You're fighting, Ross said Wednesday, takes full responsibility. Well, of course, and old Stalheim in the utmost regard and respect. He said he had not resigned earlier to respect the process. Now he plans on focusing on himself, healing and moving forward with his family. Well, I think the video reflected he was focusing on himself. Don't you think.
Speaker 4: The direction to who stormed Capitol Hill patriots?
Speaker 1: You're on fire today man telephone email message seeking comment. We're left with Stalham t day and apparently he did not reply. City Council voted to appoint a mayor from within the council after fifteen days, which is the time frame for citizens to petition for a special election, as opposed to the mispronounced word. And here's a bizarre one for you. An orthopedic surgeon in Australia hit with a hefty fine for taking a photo of a patience penis, which was tattooed with a swastika, and then sharing it with others. Doctor not identified snapped the picture while treating the man at a hospital in April of twenty nineteen. Patient required surgery after a homemade pipe bomb exploded in his hands. This according to reporting from the New Zealand Herald. After surgery, the patient was placed in intensive care where he was innovated in place in a coma for over a week. The surgeon somehow felt the need to take a photo at some point that week and shared it in a what App chat with other practitioners, despite it having no clinical or medical purpose. Office of Health and Almsbudsman tipped off about the photo in December of twenty nineteen, which prompted an investigation and refer to the Medical Tribunal. Tribunal member Peter Murphy described the surgeon's conduct as serious, noting that the patient was unconscious and particularly vulnerable, adding the trust reposed by the patient in his treating doctors can be seen to be particularly acute in those circumstances. Surgeon received a stern reprimand a fine of ten thousand dollars, despite their tribunal acknowledging that the surgeon immediately regretted taking and sharing the photo. I'm sorry you can't unring that bell man. I guess the patient wasn't interviewed what prompted him to have a swastika tattooed?
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: It seems to me that that sounds quite painful in addition to being extraordinarily stupid and racist painful fivefty five and five Garcin talks eights ondes in stack is stupid? Aren't you glad you're not there? Got plenty to talk about? The six o'clock iur love to hear from me if you've got a thought or comment five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I'll be right back after the news. That's six oh five fifty five AIRCD talk station and Brian Thomas wishing every one any very happy Wednesday, and about you to stick around all morning. As in Frearrek's the former president of Vanheuser Busch book, Last Call for bud Light should be an interesting conversation. He was out before they went fully woke, but he was there when they started going woke, and he can explain that to us, and he will coming up in an hour. Donovan and the Americans for Prosperity to talk about a big event coming up a Sunday. It's called Restore Liberty US Fiscal Sanity Rally taking place at the Double Tree in Blue ash We'll get the details from Donovan and what the purpose of that rally is if you can't figure it out by its name. That'll be at seven thirty. Fast forward a couple hours Congressman Thomas Massey, we'll be talking about the Dual Loyalty Disclosure Act, the country of origin labeling. Will that be reinstated since we don't know the country of origin from the food we eat and just don't ever have never understood that anyway. We might get his reaction on the tariffs. I'm quite sure where Congressman s he is on tariffs. Joe Jenna Politano not a fan because he said they're not constitutional based upon the setup and the arguments made in support of how they are being enacted. Should be a controversial for some of my listeners and not so much for others. Plus an empower use seminar, Doctor J Risso or doctor J. He's going to be making America Healthy. That one's taking place tom ight at ten. We'll get some of the details from doctor J at the end of the program. The meantime over to the phones five one, three, seven, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk. Got a few callers online. We'll take them in the order in which they received. To just bear with me, William and Steve when I take Bobby's call, because he was first. Bobby, welcome back to the program.
Speaker 6: Happy hump Day, my brother Faith, flagged family, and forty five seventies.
Speaker 1: There you are, or whatever firearm you choose, that's right.
Speaker 6: Uh, Congresso Massy when he comes on later on, I don't know if you'll have time to chime in with him about or or not. But one thing, it's not what people say and do, it's what they don't say and do. And since the president's been in office, we haven't heard anything about the sis and the government contractors that January the sixth Congressome Massy's got a stack of papers as tall as a file cabinet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's worthy asking about it, because you're right, not a peep since the new administration's been in. So that's a worthy conversation if we have time. I just wrote J six question mark all my notes for Congressroman Assy. I'll see if I can't squeeze that in. Appreciate the heads out on Bobby and forty five seventy may not be the ideal firearm for a petite, young, a small framed individual. I just have to note that, William, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Hey, thanks Brian for taking my call. And you know the stuff you're being a law you're and when is enough going to be enough? When they're going to quit?
Speaker 8: These judges?
Speaker 7: I mean, they don't have the power to get in the front of the president and what the people voted for, can.
Speaker 1: You well, you know, okay, therein lies the challenge because you know, from a lawyer's perspective, I have to respond to you by saying no. In some cases they do. The judicial branches there to interpret the sort of constitutionality of laws that have and put in place the constitutionality of actions. The executive branch does have its limitation much in the same way Congress has its limitations and if someone oversteps their boundaries, And in fact, Judge Jennita Pultown is going to talk about this today in connection with with tariffs. Power of the purse lies in Congress. How is it that Donald Trump can just go ahead and impose what amount to the power of the purse implication tariffs on other countries without approval of Congress. Well, there is an act that was passed back in the seventies which does provide a vehicle for that. Now, whether or not that Act is in and of itself constitutional, because it represents a delegation of congressional authority to the executive branch, that alone may be unconstitutional. So courts do play a profound role in this, and just don't don't look at it. I mean in presence of whose ox is being gored, because there have been liberal administrations and Democrat presidents who've tried the same type of things, only to have court step in and stop them from doing it. So I appreciate where you're coming from. It's not that I'm not sympathetic to it. It is frustrating, but these things have a way of working themselves through the process. And you know, Trump just got three in a row at the Supreme Court. Maybe not as broad a victory as Donald Trump and the administration might have wanted, but you know, Supreme Court ruled on the tens of thousands of fired probationary employees and they came out on Trump's favor. On that they came out in Trump's favor on. I said, you know, doge's access to some of these agencies that were refusing to give them access to the information, So you can score some wins. And that's why you want conservative jurists, not judicial activists. The activist component of the ones that are willing to overlook constitutional limitations, overlook the separation of powers and the realities that they present, and go ahead and just do whatever the hell they want and essentially legislate from the bench. What is legislating from the bench?
Speaker 5: Roe v.
Speaker 1: Wadees a great illustration of it that was a whole cloth creation of what amounted to a piece of legislation. Legislation is the exclusive power of the legislative branch of government, and people were making that argument for years and years. They overstep their boundaries, and quite often judges do that. So again I'm not unsympathetic to what you're saying, but they do play a principal role and keeping the power in check and keeping people in their wheelhouse as opposed to letting them run amok. So, you know, and it's got to go back to Barack Obama started this with his phone and his pen and a lot of things he did. You know, probably deeming unconstitutional and beyond the executive power reach. So let's see what Steve's got. Steve, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, in honor of you, getting ready to go on vacation and in fact Friday, I'm going to India.
Speaker 2: So I'm.
Speaker 9: We've been to about twenty five different countries and this one, I think is going to be one of the most unique. Is going to call you from India and I was like, what's the time difference? And it actually covers two time zones, but they wanted the country in to have the same time everywhere, so like the East would be ten o'clock in the west would be nine. Instead of them picking ten or nine, they picked nine thirty. So it's really and I'm thinking that's going to be a perfect way of portraying how strange this vacation is going to be, because we've never seen that anywhere else we've gone. They always thinking, you know, they might not follows daylight saving time or anything. Sometimes you know, there are things like that, but I've never seen where it's like on the half like a half hour, it's a nine and a half hour difference, which I thought was, I'm like, this is I've never seen this never ever.
Speaker 1: I did not know that there was such a thing as a nine and a half or a half hour increment there in that time.
Speaker 10: I did not either.
Speaker 9: But I'm thinking that's just that's just getting me ready for how strange this is going to be. I think it's going to be. And I know danesh used, I haven't heard him in a while, but I think it's going to be the most beautiful and I'm not trying to offend anybody. I think it's going to be the most beautiful and the most horrific thing I see simultaneously, with the poverty, the conditions, the animals everywhere. I mean, I'm an animal lover like you are.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's going to be a culture shock, without question. But isn't that why you travel globally?
Speaker 9: Abs Absolutely, And I mean we've we've been everywhere, so I mean you and yeah, I mean so yeah, So that's exciting.
Speaker 1: I gotta salute your Huevos for doing something like that. No international traveler am I, and you know I am. I get just sort of anxiety thinking about being in a country where I don't speak the language. I am a sort of roaming the wilderness, and you know, a fish out of water. And I don't know that I could ever become comfortable traveling. And it's like going to China. I'm sure there's some amazing things to see in and it wouldn't shock me at all. It'd be a beautiful thing to see. But they don't speak broad English and all the signs are in Chinese. I say, I wanted to go get a beer or something. How in the hell would I know where the beer's being sold because I don't speak the language and I can't read this signage. So is this a guided tour? You got somebody helping you along the way. Are you just going out on your own?
Speaker 9: I am going by myself, but I'm hooking up with a tour after I get there. So, I because it looks like a very intimidating country. I mean, we've done everything on our own. We were in Egypt, we were in Jerusalem. We've done all this stuff on our own. We were in Rio Dejian Eio, and it's easy to do. You do a little planning. But India looks more intimidating than any place I've been.
Speaker 1: I say, so I want it. I want to save travels.
Speaker 9: Man'd a little bit. But here's why I called. And you ever do something, and it's like, don't ever do that again. A couple of days ago, I'm drawing, and I love animals.
Speaker 10: Like you do.
Speaker 9: I'm going to India. Yeah, but I'm driving home and there's a couple of cars stopped and this is on Turkey Foot in Independence or Langer, And okay, why are they stopped. Well, there's the biggest snapping turtle you've ever seen. That's like halfway out in the road. Now, I've seen them before driving by and I and if nobody was stopped, I would have gone around it. It's easy not to hit. I mean, it's easy to see. But I figured I better let me stop because all these other people are stopped. And I went up to it, and I've never seen one up close, and I thought, well, now I've got people watching me. So I'm you know, here I am. I'm walking right up here to do something.
Speaker 1: A viral YouTube video to get I'm.
Speaker 9: Almost missing a finger is what I'm doing. So I figured, let me pick it up. Well, it's heavy. Well I'm trying to put it not on the road. It's the heavy. It's really heavy. And I did not know this. I in my mind a turtle moved slow and maybe it walked, maybe a walk slow, and its head and neck came so far out of that shell and it was like on a spring and it popped back on the back of the shell to me and I just had it a few inches off the off the road and I dropped it. I was so scared.
Speaker 1: Don't go the snapping turtle. Their heads and necks are really really long.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that.
Speaker 9: Well well, so I did pick it up and I like trying to grab it near the back of the shell. And the toenails on this thing are monstrous.
Speaker 1: It's a prehistoric creature.
Speaker 9: Man, it's and it's nasty. It's and I'll tell you what was worse. It had mud underneath it and it was the stinkiest stuff. And I had this all over my hands and it's like I went home and washed my hands and everything and you can't get It's like a musky, nasty smell. And I was just thinking if this thing nip me and I and I broke the skin. In fact, there's got to be so much bacteria in this thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think you'd be going to again, and you wouldn't have been going to India. Probably you'd be missing a limb or an arm, a hand, a finger at least. Yeah. I mean I I've been swimming in ponds before, and that's the one thing that freaks me out because quite often those things living ponds, and if your toes dangle down in front of one, you might lose a toe. Yeah, read up on them. Those creatures are nasty. Man, you're you know, cautionary tail today. Don't do what Steve did. Steve, I'm glad you're okay man six seventeenth. If I've care see the talk station. Okay, So Cory if instant message me if you will. If you want to move a snapper, grab them by the tail. They can't reach their tails. How about I wouldn't want to move a snapper. Not a chance. Well pass on that anyway. Back to the judicial realities, the editory board of this journal did a nice jap summing up the several cases that there have been victories for the Trump administration recently. And I've mentioned a few among the radio, but a trio of recent orders they sent the lower court judges an important reminder that they must still respect judicial rules and procedures. A five four majority described as a partial victory this past Monday, allowing the Trump administration to continue deporting Venezuelan's believed to be members of the Trading the Iragua gang under the Alien Enemies Act. It doesn't rule in the legal merits, but holds that plaintiffs must challenge their deportations in the district courts in which they are detained under habeas corpus, rather than seek like class action relief under the Administrative Procedures Act. The order also requires the administration to provide the deportees with notice and an opportunity to contest deportation. This was napolitanus point that people got pissed off of out a week or two ago. It's due process. Okay, you're going to deport me and send me off to El Salvador, you at least have to allow me an opportunity to go to court and argue that I am not subject to the deportation. That means the administration will no longer be able to summarily deport Venezuela, as the El Salvador deportees will also still be allowed to challenge the president's use of the Alien Enemies Act in federal courts, which seems to defeat the president's purpose in using the law, which was to end run due process and expedite deportations. End running due process constitutional right, you have due process rights. Three liberal justices obviously wanted to leave in place the lower court blocking the deportation. They point out, as kavanab just as Cavanaugh noted in an occurrence, the use of habeas for transfer claims is not novel in the extradition context, and with respect to transfers of Guantanam and other wartime detainees, Hebeus Corpus proceedings have long been the appropriate vehicle. So you just sue in the court that's nearest to where you're being held. You can make your legal arguments. You just can't have those plainists and all those alleged gang members pile up in Washington, d C. Represented by the ACLU and some liberal leaning court basically Forum Shopping said the High Court may eventually take up a case regarding the use of the Alien Enemies Act, but the order on Monday prevents a single district court from summarily blocking the deportation. So there's your there's some relief to that district court acting beyond its authority. They point out, the court issued another order, another brush back to errant judges yesterday when they lifted an order requiring the Trumpet administration to reinstate sixteen thousand fired employees. They didn't rule on the merits. The Justice is held that the environmental groups and union challenges dismissed dismissals they lacked legal stand to sue. They weren't facing a unique issue that they themselves were going to be uniquely harmed. And that's where standing fundamentally boils down to, and it's been the biggest roadblock to getting something in front of judges. You're like, how come someone can't sue? Well, if you're not uniquely harmed by an action, then you can't run into court and challenge it. It's just it's a frustrating concept in the law, but it's there, and it's been there from well the beginning of our country. Bedrock Article three principle planeiffs must demonstrate they are likely to suffer concrete harm as a result of a defendant's actions in order to bring a case to federal court. Now, the plaineiffs claim they've been harmed by reduction in public services caused by the layoffs, but that's speculative at best, according to the court's ruling. So sorry sucks to be you. You don't have standing. We're throwing the case out. Court stressed that again in a Friday miss passed in a five to four unsigned order that let the Education Department withhold sixty five million dollars in grants for teacher training. Lower court had ordered those funds to be reinstated, but, as the court pointed out, the limited waiver of sovereign immunity doesn't extend to orders to enforce a contractual obligation to pay money. In other words, the plains who want the Feds to release frozen funds must seek relief in Federal Claims Court. There is a process that's already set up for that. That's essentially what justice is. Alito, Gorsage, Thomas, and Kavanaugh said in the earliest earlier decision in a case involving US AID grants. There is a process that they have to go through. They didn't. They weren't in court at the appropriate time, so the cases got chucked. So there you can get your judiciary reach, or you can you can get judicial relief. Sometimes the wheels adjust to spend slowly, sometimes very slowly. This time they were treated on an expedita basis, So you got an answer to the question a lot earlier than I think someone like me would have guessed. What happen? Six six thirty three fifty five KRC the talk station Wednesday, Drake to the phones. I do local stories, but Gary from New Hampshire's on New Hampshire. Gary, welcome back to the program, and a happy Wednesday to you, sir.
Speaker 5: Happy Wednesday to you. First, I'm going to give Steve a little advice I used to give my troops when I was in don't play with the indigenous creatures. They're not playing with you.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I've almost been eaten by a hyena, I came face to face with a cobra, and I almost got stomped on a twelve foot python.
Speaker 5: In my career, those are my closest encounters. But I just I just stayed away from you know, smart advice, smart advice, The next thing, the next thing I want to do. I just wanted to offer you prayers for your cat scan if they're all praying for you, but think you're in your thought.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, Gary. Hopefully i'll know by tomorrow. And again I'm not expecting anything overwhelming. I just you know, like I said, I was using an excuse because I changed my diet and anticipation of that, and diet change can be great for you. You'll feel better. Just get the sugar out of your diet as a start, and I'm telling you you'll have a lot more energy and feel better about yourself. And if you're interested in losing weight, it'll just kind of fall off on its own. You know, you don't really have to change too much. God bless you, sir, to appreciate that. Anyway, I guess matter, I better get back on the clock. Get the hairy eyeball from Sean McMahon. It doesn't really seem to give give me too much of a hard time for not staying on the clock. Strecker, however, looking forward to having Joe back. But I enjoy when Sean covers for him so and it means six thirty nine on a Wednesday, and a happy one to you. And Eric thinks Chuck hates the West Side because he doesn't really do any reporting on the flooding over on the west side, which I presume still struggling with flooding. Obviously New Richmond is certainly dealing with it. But you know, to my friends on the west side, I have no idea. I don't think he bears any animosity toward the west side of the city of Cincinnati. He's only got like thirty seconds to get a weather reported. So anyhow, I hope things settled down soon for everyone. It's been pretty bad, interesting teas and this teas Trump brought it up. It was earlier this week or over the weekend, not really material, but White House Press Secretary Carolyn Lovett brought it up. I guess again yesterday, and it's got me intrigued, and it's got a lot of people intrigued. There's a big buzz going around on the internet about this cryptic statement hinting at what she and Trump described as a horrible discovery made by the Department of Governmental Efficiency. So she's doing this US conference yesterday and she said, I can confirm that's something troubling has come to light. So we're all sit on the edge of the seat. You know, I got my popcorn out waiting for the details on that. We don't know what it is. She confirmed that the Department of Governmental Efficiency has made a quote massive discovery close quote, but saying that we would know very soon. We the American public can know very soon there has been a discovery. Speaking of reporters, she said, I hate to leave you hanging on a clip, but I don't want to get ahead of the president on that. But I can confirm there has been discovery. It's just not to get ahead of the president on that. But I can confirm there has been discovery. It's not just quite ready for release. So it does echo what Donald Trump said. It was last week that they had the DOGE group had made a horrible and his word, incredible discovery. They found something today that's horrible. It's horrible. You'll find out very soon. And of course, how bad can it be. We just learned recently the DOGE that uncovered like millions of illegal immigrants that were granted a SOCIS security number over the past four years, I mean almost through an automatic process. That was really frightening. When you read the details of how this happened, it's just like, welcome to the country, here's your hearing day and here's a form. Fill it out in that form ultimately led you getting a socials Security number is basically automatically created and given to you. One point three million illegal immigrants received Medicaid. For those leftists out there screaming how the Trump administration is the one that wants to kill medicaid, you know, the way you kill medicaid, you put a bunch of people on Medicaid who aren't eligible for it and who will be consuming the benefits that you otherwise might be might be eligible for, and registered to vote. And it was determined by Doge and the folks that are looking into that many of them have voted. That's illegal. Do you want to uphold the integrity the American elections or do you want to undermine the integrity of the American elections? And everybody's screening about Donald Trump saying the election was stolen, like, oh, he's got no evidence of that, He's got no evidence of that. Well, they have found that a whole heap loot of illegal immigrants have voted. Illegal immigrants who are not eligible to vote. So you know, I don't know which way they voted. I suppose it's conceivable that they voted for a Republican, it's possible. I think most people presume, since the Democrats are the one that facilitated the entry into the country and ignored the immigration laws and allowed them just come on in. Oh, by the way, here's your social Security number, that they would if they did vote vote Democrat. In twenty twenty one, two hundred and seventy four and twenty five illegal immigrants were issued social Security numbers. In twenty two, five hundred and ninety thousand plus issued US as security numbers. In twenty twenty three, nine and sixty four thousand were and in county year twenty twenty four, notably, the last year of the Biden administration, two million, ninety five thousand, two hundred and forty seven illegal immigrants issued US to Security cards. Representative Tim Burchet he's a Republican at Tennessee. He said that the paper trail revealed by the Department of Governmental Efficiency goes back to d C. He said, somebody better be let out of a building in handcuffs. I don't know if we've got the guts to do it well. I'd like to think someone will. Does this is this right? Does this rise to the level of criminal behavior. Is this an organized attempt to interfere with the American election process? Lots of questions swirling around in doge is responsible for revealing it to you Themmerican people, And yet outrage is being expressed by so many members on the left. Maybe the jig is up. Maybe this is something that they supported and and and encourage, and of course the non government organizations and the George Soros types of the world. Certainly this sounds like something that they would be full on in favor of. Talked about the other day with with Oliver Oliver Lane, the London News correspondent. I don't know who was able to go to that meeting last night, the presentation he did on populism growing in Europe, and but we did talk about illegal immigration and some of the you know, the theories and motives behind it, basically eliminating, eroding and eradicating the cultures that are within any individual country, sort of homogenizing in a new group of people that really don't give a wit about say French's history, the history of France and their culture ideas entity, wanting to eradicate that so there is no cultural identity. It's really scary stuff. Mike, I see you are on the phone with the content or the comment about tariffs. Can't wait to talk to you, but I do it for break. It's six forty five right now, six fifty one. If you have KRCD talk station, if you're having a wonderful Wednesday, We're talking to Anson Frereks. He is the former president Anheuser Bush the name of his book. And you can figure out what this is all about. Last call for bud Light Donald Nee Americans for Prospered about event that's going on this weekend. And over to the phone's five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty eight hundred and eight two to three talk pun five fifty on AT and T phone. The one hundred and four percent tariffs on China kick in today. Mike's on the phone, have a comment about tariffs. Mikes, thanks for calling and holding over the break. Good to hear from you, Hi.
Speaker 11: Brian once you're a good thing about Tariff's the company I work for, I work for a local pharmaceutical company and uh, we lost some business on one of our well, we just got a big order because the company that they put a big order and because they're buying from India.
Speaker 6: While the tariffs are.
Speaker 10: Pushing them back to that.
Speaker 6: So we got a huge order well bank for what we lost.
Speaker 1: So there are some bright spots out there in tariff land. You know, I hope more and more stories like you're poor, yours poor in Mike, because uh, you know, I and everybody who knows who's listening to me over the years knows, I'm I'm a pretty good fan of the Wall Street Journal. Man. They hate these tariffs. You can't find a positive word of the Wall Street Journal about these tariffs as far as and white as you might want to search for it. But I guess there can be some some bright spots in there, and there are some countries stepping up to the plate. According to the US Treasury Secretary of about seventy countries have already reached out to start negotiating with the bidamin or with Oh god, I'm sorry about that Freudian slip, but the Trump administration and trying to negotiate some better situation with the tariffs. I know the Democrats are trying to advance a bill to block Trump from doing these tariffs, and that's going to be the subject matter of our conversation with Judge and Politana at a thirty He is going to make a very good legal argument that this is beyond the power of the president to impose the tariffs, considering the power of the purse lies with Congress, and in his perception, we aren't really in an emergency situation. If you recall the fentanyl crisis with Canada Mexico led to the twenty five percent tariffs, and well, you may be able to call that an emergency. We've had trade imbalances since nineteen thirty five, I guess with most of these countries, so that it's difficult to call that emergency since it's not recent. It has been going on for a very long time. We've just been sort of playing along with it over the time. So whether he can use this late nineteen seventies Act to justify it emergency emergency Act, well, we're made to be seen in. There is something else that'll probably be resolved in the courts. But one hundred and four percent on Chinese goods, I can't imagine that not having a profound ripple effect. But one thing's for sure. I guess the European Union loves Kentucky Bourbon. Now they're moving forward plans to slap tariffs on a whole bunch of American products. But the other day they removed Kentucky bourbon and California wine from the list, saying that they will not respond to President Trump dollar for dollar. So sadly for the folks at Harley Davidson, that's on the list, boats, beef, soybean, chewing gum, peanut butter. That's according to documents that have been reviewed. Whiskey is on an initial list that the U published in March, but was removed after consultations with members state countries. What your kids tax? We went our Kentucky bourbon, damnit and our California wine. So it's funny what matters, isn't it? Addinghow six fifty five afty five k City Talks stays. Let's find out what happened to Bud Budweiser and i Anson Freerik's former president of Anheuser Busch with his new book, Last Call for Bud Light. That'll be after the top of the our News. And then Donovan and Neil about the weekend event at seven thirty for Americans for Prosperity. I sure hope you can stick around. I so Cincinnati native Anson Freericks. He has a wild background. He's the founder of Athletic Capital and co founder of Strive asset Management, but prior to founding Strive, he led finance sales and underscore the word marketing operations as president of Anheuser Busch Sales and distribution company, and he's written a book about it. Last Call for Bud Light, The Fall and Future of America's Favorite Anson. It's great having you on the show. Thanks having this morning, Brian. Well, what a dream job running a brewery and one of the biggest in the world. That had to have been a good time up until what happened. And how come you're not there anymore? Anson?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So, Brian, just be clear.
Speaker 3: I left about a year before annazer Bush's partnership with Bill mulvaney, so I wasn't there when the partnership happened, but I left in part because I saw a lot of these problems coming down the pipeline where the company really stopped focusing on its customer, knew who its customer was.
Speaker 10: I mean, when I was at Dane has A Bush, we tried.
Speaker 3: To win the Super Bowl ad Meter Award every single year, and that was really sort of the gold standard if you got if you won this Super Bowl ad Meter award, that's when.
Speaker 10: You knew you were hitting the core customer.
Speaker 3: But over time, once the company was bought by kind of European and Belgian company called InBev, and you had a lot of sort of foreign folks from Europe and Belgium and in Brazil come to the US and they really changed the marketing. They changed the marketing to fit more of this diversity equity inclusion standards they're trying to win awards over in Europe. That was forcing bud Light to not do what bud Light was. So I saw the company changing a little bit left. About a year before me and I actually founded a company with vid A Ramaswami from Cincinnati as well called Drive to ask companies not.
Speaker 10: Get involved in political issues. So it was really a collision of two worlds.
Speaker 3: When my old company, Anne hester Bush did the partnership with Dylan Malvaaney about two years ago actually this week, and then the company we'd started with Strive, who was telling companies.
Speaker 10: Not to get involved in these things it was bad for business.
Speaker 3: I became sort of the person that was most knowledge about the topic and kind of what went wrong?
Speaker 1: Were you perhaps an impetus behind the vext book Woke Incorporated?
Speaker 3: You know this was uh, this was this was before Vivid wrote the book, right when we were kind of starting strives. I think he was the one who wrote Wolkes Incorporated. And you know, I wrote this book Last Call for bud Life, and hopefully it's sort of the last time that companies need to get involved in political and social issues and reminds people that, man, the most sustainable thing a business can do is folks on its customers, give them great products and services, stay out of all the issues that companies have gotten involved in over the last couple of years. Whether it's been the transgendered issues, whether it's been Roby weight issues, whether it's been voting rights issues.
Speaker 10: I mean, you name it.
Speaker 3: You've had so many companies get involved in things that really aren't in their mission or their their their core kind of customer promise. And that's what's led to a lot of the issues.
Speaker 10: Whether it's been at Disney, or it's been at Nike, or it's been at.
Speaker 3: Starbucks, Ben and Jerry, you name it, there's been so many companies that unfortunately have lost millions of customers, you know, billions of dollars of value and have had to fire a lot of employees or have had their suppliers shut down solely because they fragmented their customer base by getting involved in issues they.
Speaker 10: Shouldn't be well.
Speaker 1: It defies logic and reason that a major corporation like Anheuser Busch would engage in actual advocacy along any of these lines, because, of course, the world is filled with a diverse group of people and that already holds that particular ideology that they would be alienating a sizable chunk, particularly a beer company, a sizeable chunk of their base. It just seems so obvious. How is it that any advertising department could just fail to recognize such a simplistic, logical, and reasonable concept as that and go the opposite direction.
Speaker 10: I mean, you're right, Brian.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, most beer drinkers, they just want their beer cold and they want it fresh. That's essentially the value proposition, even for a brand like butt Light. But Light was the biggest beer brand in the US because it had this idea that it wanted to be easy to drink, easy to enjoy. It was like an easy drinking, simple logger, and it was always a humorous, funny, kind of kind of beer brand, and really I think a lot of the DNA of the company. It changed really in the two thousand and eight two thousand and nine time period when annezer Busch, which was this historic US American owned brand and beer company, was bought by InBev, which is a game, this European and Belgian company. And then also when the company, the Europeans and kind of Belgians who bought it, they moved the headquarters of Anezer Bush from Saint Louis, Missouri, to New York City. And this happened in sort of like the twenty sixteen twenty seventeen time period. And at that time, all of a sudden, you're hiring people that just grew up in New York City, that only attended New York City schools. They had only seen the US through the lens of you know, kind of Fifth Avenue, and that's not really who the core beer drinker was. And even the lady that was running bud Light when named Alyssa Heinerschnein, who was doing the part who did the partnership with Dylan Malvany. I know Alyssa and you know, nice, nice girl. But they grew up in New York, went to boarding schools, went to Harvard for undergrad went to Wharton and UPenn for bus in the school. You know, I don't know if you never drank a butt light in her life or knew who somebody who was. And so that's where the company really started going wrong. And then on top of that, there was a real sort of push over the last five years by this I called this coalition of of sort of a DEI and ESG enablers. That was, you had large asset managers like black Rock, State Street, Vanguard, the Control twenty trillion dollars a capital, largest investors in company like Anhezard Bush. They were pushing this esgdi agenda. You had large consulting companies like McKenzie and Baine. They were kind of selling DEI consulting services on how companies needed to become more diverse, more equitable, more inclusive. And then you had a lot of really activist organizations, especially under sort of like the Biden administration, that were going to companies, things like the Human Rights Campaign, things like other organizations that really pushed sort of aggressive ideologies on companies and shame them if they didn't if they didn't abide. And so therefore you had this sort of you know, coalition of actors that were putting a lot of pressure on companies and if you have sort of the wrong people at the companies that were running brands, Unfortunately they were successful and sell for you know, this progressive agenda that just didn't sit with most most Americans.
Speaker 1: Well, so you have basically this echo chamber of liberal voices talking to each other and only listening to each other, but failing to appreciate that the underlying motive and reason that the business is in business is to generate profit and revenue. I mean, they seem to have lost track and the focus of what was important is that's serving the shareholder's best interest. That's a fiduciary obligation of board of directors owns. And again, you got to step outside of yourself and think even these left wing nutcases that haven't heard anything but their own voices have to understand that they don't hold the only viewpoint and they might want to do a little bit of polling and research ahead of time to find out if this is the right road to go down, because it may be bad for the bottom line.
Speaker 10: Brian, You're you're exactly.
Speaker 3: Right, and that's didn't Unfortunately a lot of these folks they didn't do the thinking and they thought, and frankly.
Speaker 10: They got away with it for a number of years and there was this.
Speaker 3: More philosophical battle that's been going on for really ten years. But what's the purpose of the corporation? You talked about Historically businesses that they were in the business to give returns to shareholders. That was kind of a Milton Friedman view of the world that's been happening since.
Speaker 10: The nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: Were Milton Friedman, famous economists here in the US wrote this article about the social purpose of a business is to return money to shareholders.
Speaker 10: How did they do that?
Speaker 3: Create great products and services folks in your customer that allows you to get to do more innovation, hire more people, you know, be involved in your community.
Speaker 10: And there's been this push towards this more this.
Speaker 3: European stakeholder capitalism model, which is that's the Cloud Schwab World Economic Forum, this globalist kind of view that says no, no, no, businesses need to work with governments and other stakeholders.
Speaker 10: The kind of social engineer policy.
Speaker 3: I reject that view because then you end up with what we did over the last couple of years, where you had businesses getting involved in all these social and political issues that alienated their customer base. That led to millions of customers leaving these businesses, thousands of people getting fired, and then massive loss is in share market value for companies, and that's not sustainable, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: And the demand for beer I don't think went away. What this did to bud Light, the most popular beer in America at one point, is people said, I'm not going to buy that because of this woke crap and this you know, this Dylan mulvaney person. I'm going to go over and I'm going to sample maybe one of the other thousands of beers that exists. And they found there were other beers that were maybe even tasted better that they chose over bud Light. They were longtime bud dry Light drinkers, weren't inclined to try something else, so this forced them to try another product, and they found out, in the world of competition, if you make a better product, people will buy it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, that's exactly it. And I think one of the other things that this showed as well. This is one of the very first times that there was actually like a real consumer boycott of a brand. You know, there's been a lot of people that were upset over the last five years, maybe the NFL when you had a lot of players kneeling, or the NFL was was going down, you know, the whole Black Lives Matter movement, which became very controversial. But the thing is like if you or or you know, when I watch football on Sundays, there's no real alternatives in the NFL R. One of the reasons is bud light boycott was so successful. There was really two reasons.
Speaker 10: One, there's a lot of alternatives to bud Light.
Speaker 3: I mean, everywhere you have bud Light, you have cores Light, you have Miller Lite, and they're all in the same six packs, are on draft and the same price points.
Speaker 10: It's really easy to pick those up.
Speaker 3: And then secondarily, people were seeing the impact that they had because every single week, sales of bud Light are reported at retailers like Walmart and Kroger in seven to eleven, so every week you were seeing that sales were down ten percent, twenty percent, thirty percent. And then you were seeing all these pictures on social media nobody being in the bud Light line.
Speaker 10: And you know.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati reds Gate or a Bengals games, they're off the cores.
Speaker 1: Lightlines for It's start. Now you're at the point where.
Speaker 10: Bud Light sales, I mean they've been down.
Speaker 3: They're down fifty percent from where they were two years ago, which is absolutely crazy to think about.
Speaker 10: You see a brand implode like that.
Speaker 1: Last call for bud Light to fall and future of America's favorite beer. Speaking of the last component of the subtitle, is there a way for them to rehabilitate? Can bud Light ever capture that top spot?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't think into the current leadership that they can. They had multiple chances to go to their loyal consumer base say hey, we screwed up. We never said but like get involved in these like in these political and social issues. And so I think the current the current group which is again is a Belgian owned company, and they have US leadership that hasn't been able to apologize. I think what they actually do is they actually need to sell the US business. I think they need to sell that US business back to a group like I don't call it Warren Buffett or Berkshire Hathaway or who knows, maybe the Bush family, And I think you need to have real leadership come back in for the for you know, the American population, they're actually pretty forgiving, and I think if you just went to them and said, you know, I always say that the path that forgiveness goes to redemption. You're never going to be redeem unless you admit there was an air. And nobody has admitted there's an air. So you have to have a strong leadership team come back in say hey, we screwed up. There's a new ownership in place for American owned once again. We're going to earn your trusts back by being just this funny, humorous, great tasting logger that you can enjoy at barbecues and sports and music festivals.
Speaker 10: And that's what we want to do it.
Speaker 3: I think the actually can get back to that, but it's not going to be into the cournembership group.
Speaker 1: It's been fabulous talking with you, Anson Ferreks. He is again since a resident author of the book we're talking about today, Last Call for bud Light, The Fall and Future of America's Beer, A favorite beer answering your books on my blog page fifty five carsite dot com with the link where people can easily get a copy of it, and I'm sure they will fascinating conversation and interesting analysis of really bad decisions in the wrong direction. You have a wonderful day. So it's been a real pleasure having you on the program. So sixteen here fifty five car Seed Talk Station. Got a few minutes to talk if you want to give me a quali five one, three, seven, seven, twenty one On a Wednesday, Americans for Prosperity Donovan and Neil Bottom of the Arrow got a text day event coming up in the weekend. He's going to tell us all about that in the absence of phone calls news that's overshadowed by the tariff news and all the wailing and gnashing and teeth over that. I guess today's today, when the China levies take effect pretty substantial, they are sit back. I can wait to see how that gets well reckoned with. But over so, I got a lot of Second Amendment friends out of the audience. Undoing a major avenue of Biden administration's aggression against gun dealers, the Department of Justice and Alcohol to back on firearms. Yesterday announced they terminated the Federal Firearms Administrative Action Policy aka the Zero Tolerance Policy. Gun Owners of America reporting on this first introduced under the Biden administration, the policy aggressively targeted gun dealers for minor paperwork errors, which of course created fear and uncertainty across the firearms community. Set Up by the Biden administration, the zero Tolerance policy one of a Yank firearm dealer's license if they were found to have made any number of infractions, including minor ones, of course, setting them up for litigation and extreme costs. Critics said, of course it was a pretext for reducing the number of firearms dealers. National Shooting Sports Foundation praising this eradication, this wreck cliss policy throttled small businesses and drove minute to shut down by threatening crippling administrative costs to fight against penalties for minor errors and infractions that were previously reconciled in good faith between the ATF officials and law abiding firearms retailers. Of course, you get condemnation from the gun control advocates, which you might expect. Gunners of America also announced that two other deregulatory moves are coming soon. The first would kill the Biden era ban on pistol braces. Now that's been held unconstitutional or illegal by the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. So if you have a pistol with a brace on it, you should be okay right now. But they're supposed to well get rid of the regulation that was randomly and arbitrarily put in place. Biden famously and ignorantly famous for saying putting a pistol on a brace turns it in into a gun. Contemplate that for a minute. He also claimed it allowed it to shoot a higher caliber bullet. So, in Biden's mind, such as it was, and as we've learned, in a rapidly declining state, felt that by placing a pistol brace on a previously existing caliber firearm would allow it to shoot a higher caliber bullet. Okay, a Circuit Court of Appeals previously ruled the pistol brace will allow the ATF to arrive at whatever conclusion it wishes about the ad about adequately explaining the standard on which a decision was based. They had for years said pistol braces were not a problem. They said they were fine, and there was nothing wrong with them, only to magically change their mind in a moment's time and then turn everybody that owned one basically into a felon. Another rule that they may repeal, the one requiring a background check on private gun sales. So if you wanted to sell your firearm to your next door neighbor, that would, under the Biden administration proposal required an FFL background check. So that rule looks like it's on its last legs as well. So some positive progress as we have a new administration with new attitudes towards the Second Amendment. Pete, welcome to the Morning Show and a very happy Wednesday to you. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 12: Thanks Brian. It seems like the whole world is against Trump's pariffs, and yet they don't seem to be against all the tariffs that have been levied on us. They keep referring to as Trump's starting a trade war.
Speaker 5: Well, we've been the victim of.
Speaker 12: A trade war for decades, and that trade war we have almost a trillion dollar trade deficit now. And how long do they think that they can keep draining a trillion dollars worth of wealth from our country year after year on top of a thirty six trillion dollar dead that we're having to pay interest on and let that keep going.
Speaker 1: Well as long as they as long as they they starting.
Speaker 12: A war, he's just fighting back for a war that's been levied against us.
Speaker 1: Well, Trump is willing to suffer the slings and arrows that he's going to suffer for a while until this gets resolved and we're going to all have the reality of probably increased prices. But so far, seventy countries have now stepped up to the playble table and expressed interest in resolving this amicably, and it may very well be resolved amicably among them me the most of them. China, however's gone the other direction, which is why we now have this massive and four percent tarify on Chinese goods. How that's going to sit with the American people remains to be seen. We've gotten very use to buying very inexpensive Chinese made products and China has been the obvious beneficiary of that. That again, China doesn't have wrecked radical crazy EPA rules regulations, ocean regulations, pollution regulations, which allows manufacturing to be set up a lot cheaper there and allows profits to go through the roof. That's why Wall Street doesn't like because they're big companies, built factories there and have been benefiting from cheap labor and low regulatory standards for years and years, allowing them to sell their products here in America for less than had they manufactured them here. Fewer people probably would have bought American made products if they had to be made at American level financial obligations, you know, in other words, we've got to We've not. We've got all these rules, regulations and burdens placed on it, and then you throw climate change on top of us, which causes the increase in electricity prices. It's going to be a lot more expensive. So we haven't been manufacturing electronics in this country since hell the eighties when Japan took over and then it all moved to China. So yeah, it's going to take a while to work out. There is going to be some pain. But you know what, Donald Trump's essentially a lame duck president. He ain't gonna be around anymore after this term. I know some people think he's eligible for a third term. I don't fall into that category. But he's willing to do it, and he campaigned on this. He told everybody in the world million times in the campaign trail. This is exactly what he was going to do, so it shouldn't come as a shock to anybody. You voted for him for a strong border, Yeah, you voted for him for it, filling the blank reasons. Yeah, But he also, whether you liked it or not, voted for him because he was promising to impose tariffs on other countries. That came along with a full package. So we'll ride it out. I think we'll come out the other side, okay. And if not, I suppose he can just pull the plug on the tariffs anytime he wants, or it'll be resolved in the courts. And there's already legislation to prevent Trump from engaging in this, whether or not Congress passes something like that, which would still be subject to write a Trump veto. So even if they passed legislation trying to stop him, I think the courts ultimately will make the final determination of whether this is lawful. Under the currently existing authorization, he has to engage in tariffs under emergency circumstances. Seven two Happy Wednesday to you, Judge Eden of Balaton. One hour on tariffs and the legality of tariffs, at least the way Donald Trump's doing it should be rather interesting. Prior to that, it's the best one two punch in radio with Congressman Thomas Messey joining us to talk about the Dual Loyalty Disclosure Act as well as the country of origin labeling. Can we get that back and maybe we'll get a comment or two on tariffs from him in the meantime. Welcome back to the fifty five Kssey Morning Show from Americans for Prosperity, Donovan and Neil. Great to have you on, Brian, always good to be with you. So we got a big event coming up on Palm Sunday.
Speaker 13: That's right, we sure do. It's a fiscal sanity rally, something I think.
Speaker 1: Our country is in dire need of, you know, Just let me get your reaction real quick before we talk about the details on that. He saw all the insanity going on over the weekend. Did you watch any of the videos of the people at these crazy rallies being interviewed and asked exactly what their problem was with Elon munt Us, the work that Doge is doing, or Donald Trump generally. I mean, did you come across with any clear idea of what the hell they're talking about or protesting about Donovan.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, one one no, And I think this is.
Speaker 13: I'm trying to wind up for something.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 10: No, there's not It's not really clear.
Speaker 13: And you know, here's something I think is important to keep in mind, right, especially as you look at different election results that just came in. There definitely is a number of folks out there who are who are frustrated, who are upset or angry. But I think here's what's key is they don't know why they are. They're just being told from progressive organizations that they should be upset with what's going on. I think what we've got to make sure we're doing, Brian Ryan, and you're a great megaphone for this in Southwest Ohio, is connects folks to the importance of what doge, what the president, what the new Republican majority in Washington are getting done right. They're reigning and the spending, they're working to create policies they are going to promote money in people's pockets and unleash opportunity here in the United States.
Speaker 10: And so I think that the best way to combat that that nonsensical.
Speaker 13: Frustration that some folks seem to be having out there is connected to what these positive impacts are, because I can tell you sure, it's like they don't have a clear vision for the future of this country. And that's that's key as well. But I let're make sure we're staying out there and staying on message, because they got a lot of visibility over the weekend, but when you scratch beneath the surface, it really ain't that great.
Speaker 1: Well, And I think the visibility didn't do a much given much credibility because you know, I heard over and over again one of the main criticisms on their pre printed list of talking points, which didn't provide any really fundamental explanation for why they were screaming about medicaid. For example, you know you're going to take medicaid away from me. They're taking Medicaid away. I mean, my retort has been over and over. No, look at what dog is uncovered. One point three million illegal immigrants got put in the Medicaid rolls, and there's countless bill millions of dollars in fraud in the Medicaid system, which DOGE is revealed. To the extent you get rid of that illegal activity and those fraudulent or erroneous payments. You are going a long way to saving the program. I mean, doge in the administration is doing the exact opposite of what they're accusing them of, which frustrates the living hell out of me that they're so clueless that they don't realize that we all pay taxes, right.
Speaker 13: We all should expect that the tax dollars that go to Washington DC are hard earned. Money that goes to Washington DC is going to be spent well and spent efficiently. Right nobody's talking about ending these programs. Nobody's talking about cutting these programs. We're talking about making these programs run more efficiently so that the population that depends on them, our neighbors and friends who depend on these programs, have the ability.
Speaker 1: To access to them.
Speaker 13: We can talk about whether these programs should exist in the first place in the time. Right now, we're just talking about making sure these programs are run efficiently. And I think that's something every tax paying American citizen should applaud. Finally happening for the first time in ages in Washington DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, approaching government the way private businesses would approach it. We've got too many of these departments we've got too much middle management. It's costing the shareholders a lot of money. We can run a more efficient operation, provide the same, if not better goods and services with less, and let's allocate the money to better products and goods and services. That is how a successful business runs. And of course we all know that is not how government runs. And this administration, at least for the seeming the first time in my lifetime, is revealing that and doing something about it. I know you've got the big event coming up on Sunday you want to talk about that. We'll bring Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity back working with Restoring Liberty dot Us. I'll be right back after a big positive positive thumb Zone seven fifty five KARSD Talk station if you're having a half e Wednesday, Thomas Massey after the top of the our news, Judge and Paultano at eight thirty and then doctor j Rissover, my good friends doing making America Healthy again. Power you seminar tonight and you can join it. I'm sorry, tomorrow night you can join in the fund with that. We'll learn about that coming up. In the meantime. Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity teaming up at Restore Liberty dot Us. The rally that we're having this Sunday. Where is it when of the door opens and what are we going to be talking about? Who are we going to be hearing from? Donovan and Neil Dan.
Speaker 13: Well, we're partnering with the great folks that were Store Liberty and George I've been on the show talking about and I know you know George, Well, they got a one heck of an operation there with Restore Liberty.
Speaker 1: These folks are.
Speaker 13: Getting together working hard to ensure conservative liberty oriented principles are happening in southwest Side. So we're partner with them, partners empower you and Americans for Prosperity to offer a fiscal sanity rally and the lead up to that day that every bureaucrat marks on the calendar and counts down for Tax Day April fifteenth. But we're going to get together April thirteenth there at the Double Tree in Blue AshEL on Kemper Road. Double Tree in Blue Ashland, East Temper Road, doors open up four point thirty. We're gonna have a dinner buffet. Program will begin at six o'clock and we'll get together again talking about fiscal sanity, recognizing that we're at a critical inflection point with this country, whether it's you're looking at our national debt, you're looking at the waste and abuse in our in our federal government, even on the state local level, making sure we're remaining fiscally sane at those.
Speaker 1: Levels as well.
Speaker 10: We're gonna be talking about it all.
Speaker 13: It's gonna be a great opportunity to get plugged into what's going on, identify some action.
Speaker 10: Items that you can as a you know, as a participant.
Speaker 13: Take part in to make sure that from our state.
Speaker 1: Local, federal government levels, we're driving.
Speaker 13: Fiscal sanity up and down the ladder.
Speaker 10: Because this is.
Speaker 13: About the future of our our country. It's about the future of our our for our children, and that's what we're gonna be talking about this Sunday. There's a double Tree on East Kemper Road, doors open at four thirty.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'm looking at the notes from Restored Liberty dot us and in explaining what's going on, you left out a critical word when you referring to dinner buffet. It says complementary dinner buffet you want to get people in the doors man.
Speaker 10: You can.
Speaker 1: It's free food and all this wonderful discussion about fiscal responsibility. So I'm just trying to increase and reveal who can make it. And I'll be honest with you. George Brunneman from Restore Liberty dot Us did invite me and we're having a Palm Sunday meal at my mom's that was already on the calendar and family comes first, So sadly I will not be able to make it, but I know it's going to be an extraordinary event. Any special speaker is going to be there, beyond maybe you and George and others.
Speaker 13: Well, they're putting together a number of locals. I don't think they fully released the list yet, at least they haven't given it to me yet, but I would say register, you'll get updates.
Speaker 10: We're expecting a.
Speaker 13: Packed house, a good crowd, a great program, and if you care about fiscal sanity, if you want to get in the fight and help push back against some of the craziness that you saw over the weekend around the country, this is the.
Speaker 1: Place to be.
Speaker 13: We're going to be We're gonna be talking fiscal sanity, we're gonna be talking making the Trump tax cuts permanent, and this is the kind of stuff we need to be doing, follow through on from the votes we cast last November.
Speaker 1: Well, and of course that's going to require engagement from my listeners and getting in touch with their elected officials. Any reaction on what's going on in d C with the you know, the whole process with the reconciliation and the Senate came out with a proposal and the Republicans are now struggling with that and maybe some holdouts. Do you do you have any insight or thoughts about that process that's going on right now, Donovan, Well, so.
Speaker 13: We've always known it was going to be a tenuous situation, right when you bring Congress is famous for one thing, failing to follow through on what it says it's going to do, right, and so we knew there's going to be a tenuous situation here. Well, I think you know the House is done, it's vote. Senate, it's done, it's vote. It's a long winding road to work through this convoluted reconciliation process Congress, and BASSI can give you we'll definitely be able to give you a better insight than I can there. But I think we key is everything's moving along as needed. With a number of our staff at an annual retreat and some of our federal government affairs fos. For folks who lobby on the Hill, what they've been saying is this is actually moving along a bit faster than folks were expecting. And so I think that's a good sign. The grassroots pressure is key here right continuing to send the message to Washington, to your elected officials, this is what we sent you there to do, to unleash energy abundance, to secure and front our border, and most importantly, unleash prosperity by making permanent the Trump tax cuts, the one big beautiful bill of Senate got done, you know, started to have a vote procedural vote.
Speaker 1: On over the weekend. Move that ball down the line.
Speaker 13: Gets that much closer to President Trump's desk. And ultimately what's important is relief, much needed relief for Americans who have experienced four years of Bidenomics and are ready for that to end.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'll tell you what one thing that you hit on energy policy. If we could get some sanity and not only restore liberty, but restore sanity, to our energy policy. I know Trump's embraced this all the above approach, even talking about bringing back coal, But abundant and inexpensive energy is really what drives growth in the economy. You know, if it doesn't cost as much to run a factory, it doesn't cost as much to you know, heat and air conditioning your house. That frees up money which otherwise can go to the economic engine of this country. And we have stood in the way of energy policy for so long under this climate change crap. And my favorite favorite point on that is just standing in the way of pursuing modular nuclear technology, which is you know, it's efficient, it's small footprint, it generates just infinite amounts of energy. And there's so many of these environmental alarmists standing the way of nuclear keeps screaming about three mile Island in Cherniobil as if the technology is the same as it was in the nineteen seventies. No it's not. I mean, we've got the answer to their concerns about carbon dioxide aka tree food, and it exists now and we could have it but for all of these people standing in the way with their regulations, rules and screaming about it and I don't know what they're screaming about in terms of that it's the answer to our problems.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, who was against cheap abundant energy, right, and I think that modular nuclear is the right thing. You know, in Columbus, they're working on energy legislation. Here in Ohio, we're going to have once this.
Speaker 1: Legislation gets to the governor's desk.
Speaker 13: The goal here is to get site approved within forty five days. So if you've got an energy generation site you want to build in the state of Ohio, the state of Ohio on its end of the approval process, we'll get that done in forty five days. The bet there is to put more pressure on the federal government. And we've got a lot of allies at that level now, right, But yeah, put that pressure on the federal government to get these products, to fix the EPA, to fix its federal permitting processes so we can get energy generated, bring down that cost for Americans. And that's a big key part of manufacturing too, right, right, how to have abundant affordable energy to make manufacturing makes sense into the United States again, and so across the board, consumers to manufacturers to business, it all matters. Energy is at the.
Speaker 1: Heart of it all. It certainly is. And I had a conversation on the Morning show the other day with vivig Ramaswami, and I mean, he is on board with everything you've been talking about this morning, so he sounds like the right man for the job. He's all in favor of lowering taxes, in fact, hopefully getting rid of income taxes in the state of Ohio to level the playing field with those other states are the biggest draws for business and industry, the ones that don't have any income tax.
Speaker 10: It warms my heart.
Speaker 13: Brand here folks, this early in the process talking about the future Ohio in such a way right where we're going to yes, well that the conversation isn't about how much we're going to grow government the state of Ohio. The conversation looking at twenty twenty six is about what are we going to cut, what are we going to change, what are we going to do to transform Ohio to be the economic engine not just the Midwest, but of the country and most importantly moved from middle in the Midwest to number one in the nation. These big bold ideas that folks are talking about, I think and we like it at AFP. We like the fact that folks are talking about elimiting the income text because that's what we think is going to take to really put Ohio on the map and make folks look here.
Speaker 1: To site their projects. Yes, indeed so Double Tree, Blue Ash sixty three hundred East Kemper Road. Doors open at four pm. Rally begins at five. Complementary dinner. That's this Sunday, April thirteenth, aka Palm Sunday Information to Restore Liberty dot us. And as we always end, if folks want to get engaged, get involved and stay in touch with AFP, which website you want to turn them to? Donovan?
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, go to go to protect prosperity dot com. Protect prosperity dot com. That's the key for all the stuff we're working on on that national level, like we were talking.
Speaker 1: About today, Protect prosperity dot com. Until we talk again, donald'neil, have a wonderful event on Sunday. I'll look forward to our next conversation and keep up the great work with AFP. Really appreciate it. Thanks, Brian, Take care of my brother seven forty nine fifty five KCD talk if I have kersee the talk station just got a I guess the new campaign and for Corey Bowman westside Jim Keefer's sentence, so I asked him how that event went last night, said Gray say really worked the crowd, common sense, got some laughter, went Overwhell and he said hyde Park after high Park after first was cold, but he spoke one half came up to him and thanked him for running. We've been kind of speculating on the possibility that my friends in Hyde Park, sometimes often leaning very blue, might cot into a Corey Bowman mayor because he's not going to shove zoning regulations down your throat. He's not a fan of connected communities because it deprives local communities of their options as their residents see fit in terms of development. So and I embrace his philosophy along those lines. A little more free market, you know, a little mess dictatorial, a little less you know, like Agenda twenty one and planning type stuff. So anyway, keep my fingers crossed for Cordy's success and looking forward to having on the program my favorite one two punch on the fifty five Carsey Morning Show, Congressman Thomas Massey followed by Judge Editor Politano, and then we get an extra special add on doctor j Rissover making America healthy. He's all about that. He's doing an empower youth seminar tomorrow evening. We'll get some details on that at eight forty five. I hope he can stick around. We'll be right back covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 8: Every day America's Deadline is over.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC being talk station. This report days sponsored the shiveto five and fifty five kr CV Talk Station. A very happy Wednesday, extra special Wednesday, And of course I always call my favorite hour radio here on the fifty five Garsey Morning Show when we get to here from Congressman Massy, followed by Judge Editor Politana, who may be very well be listening. Welcome back, Congressman Massy. Always a distinct pleasure to have you on my program. Great to be on your show again, Brian, don't know where to start. I want to start with Terris, but I know we got other things to talk about, So let's start with and you can explain to my listeners the Dual Loyalty Disclosure Act, which I know was on your short list today.
Speaker 13: Sure, so this is a bill I introduced just last week, and it says that when you file to run for a federal office, if you are a citizen of another country as well as the United States, that you have to disclose that. And the concern here is that we may have members of Congress who are citizens of other countries and therefore have loyalty to other countries. When you are sworn into office, you take an oath to the US Constitution. We want to know who else you're obligated to. And people say, is this ever happened? How do you know there are members of Congress with dual loyalty. Well, it's hard to know. That's why we have the bill. But sometimes when they run for president, we find out or they find out that they do have citizenship in another country. The two conservative examples I can give you was that I think it was Michelle Bachman had a citizenship in Switzerland and Ted Cruz had citizenship in Canada, and they both renounced their citizenship, which I think is what you should do. And by the way, my personal preference is that you only have citizenship in the United States. But I thought it would be easier to get a bill passed that requires you to close it and then the voters can decide whether you should be a dual citizen serving in Congress.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that makes perfect sense. I one of my dear friends from you know, high school age married a French girl, and he's been living in France now for the past thirty at least thirty, maybe forty years, and I know he considers himself more French than a US citizen. He's critical of US government, its policies, and some even some of the freedoms we enjoy. So I know where his loyalties lie. So it stands to reason that that could because certainly something like that could happen. So the big question is who would be against this common sense proposal?
Speaker 14: Congressman Massy nobody should be against it, I don't know yet, although I've only got I think four co sponsors for it, Clay Higgins, Marjorie Taylor Green, and one of the I think Andy Biggs, and somebody else joined here recently.
Speaker 13: So if you're listening to this show and I'm not your congressman, please call their office and ask them to co sponsor this bill.
Speaker 1: All right, I guess is it in committee right now? I know these things have to come out of committee in order to be advanced to the floor, and of course it needs to be put up for vote on the floor. So where are we in process?
Speaker 13: So this it's you know, I introduced it so recently that I'm not sure that it's if it's been referred to a committee yet. And sometimes they're referred to more than one committee, but this is such a short bill, I think it would just go to one committee, and it would be the committee that oversees election law. And I'm not sure which one that is. It's not one that I serve on because the way I structured this bill is it requires an FEC disclosure, just like when you file to run for office, you have to disclose your financial you have to give financial statements. So it's just one more thing that you have to disclose when you run for office.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. Pivoting over to something that it really really gets under my skin, the idea that I can't find out and can't see you from labeling where it is that my food has been manufactured country of origin labeling. We used to have that at some point, didn't we, And somewhere along the lines that got eradicated.
Speaker 13: Well, listen, your phone has the country of origin label. Your car on the sticker, has country of origin label, your shoes, your suit, your socks. You can know which country, your tools, which country those things came from. Except now with beef and pork. Since twenty fifteen, when Congress removed the requirement to label the country of origin on beef and pork, you can't necessarily know.
Speaker 1: And what's more is a lot of times this.
Speaker 13: Stuff will be stamped USDA US Department of Agriculture, and people read that label and they think, oh, this has made the USA. No, that could be from any country in the world. So I think we made a mistake in twenty fifteen when we removed country of origin labeling for beef and pork. I fought it tooth and nail. I lost the argument because they came to US and said, oh, the World Trade Organization has ruled against you in a suit from Canada and Mexico. Well, this suit was really, I believe, brought by the meat packers who want to be able to sell you meat from anywhere in the world and put that USDA label on it make you think it came from the United States. And in any case, the world Trade Organization, in my opinion, does not have authority over Congress.
Speaker 10: I can't find them in the constitution right, any kind.
Speaker 13: Of superior court. In fact, even the Supreme Court is a co equal branch with the legislative branch according to our constitution. So I don't believe we have to follow World Trade Organization. But here's what the World Trade Organization said in twenty fifteen. They said that Canada and Mexico can impose retaliatory tariffs on your farmers if you keep requiring country of origin labeling. So that was enough to scare enough of my colleagues into removing country of origin labor. Here. The thought just occurred to me, though, when Trump put these tariffs on, and now we got all these other countries and they're going to reciprocate with tariffs. Okay, if we're in a full blown trade war or trade dispute, go ahead and put the labels back on. I mean, this is art of the deal. Let's get back the territory we lost and label our dagone food about where it came from. Well, one more, go ahead, one more thing. While I'm on this topic. The US Olympic Association even advised Olympic athletes to be careful about eating meat in China and in Mexico, because even though they do ban the use of anabolic steroids in their animals, they're still using them. There's no enforcement, and so you could eat that meat and fail a drug task at the arampage.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, and you just illustrate a great point. First off, I wasn't aware of the reality of what you just told me. So now I am a more informed consumer. And I was just making the point earlier when I saw the topics of conversation, most notably on this one. If I'm standing at the supermarket and I've got a pile of ground beef in front of me, and it's labeled, you know, manufactured, raised, you know, all United States processed, and I got another pile of meat that doesn't have anything related to that, then I'm left to guess, I wonder where that came from. Do they have the same safety standards as we do. It's the same level of you know, oversight in those countries, and that allows me to make an informed decision. Plus, perhaps I would just like to support the American farmer and buy United States grown and processed beef.
Speaker 13: That's Here's what's more that that mystery pile of beef, it's probably it's certainly going.
Speaker 10: To say us d A on it.
Speaker 13: So the average consumer is going to think that the mystery pile, the mystery meat is from the USA, but the USDA label does not imply that.
Speaker 10: And the other thing is it may.
Speaker 13: Say product of the USA just because they.
Speaker 1: Grounded up in the United States, process processed in the United States does not mean that that meat was grown here, correct.
Speaker 13: So, uh, this is something There are some various bills on this in the Senate. In the House, I'm looking at drafting my own bill to reinstitute country of origin labeling. And you know, the libertarian argument here is buyer beware and if you know, if the consumers want to buy the mystery meat, let them buy them exactly. But but I'm a constitutionalist here, and we have the authority Congress does to regulate trade when it comes across the border. And I think you know, even the Founders endowed Congress with the ability to set standards for weights and measures. That's in Article one, section eight, the Directive toward Congress. You know, so that a pound weighs a pound, whether you're buying it in Kentucky or Ohio. So this falls under both of those categories, the ability for Congress to set standards and.
Speaker 10: Also the ability to.
Speaker 13: Regulate commerce with other countries. And it's really no extra imposition to put that on the label.
Speaker 1: There are some who would.
Speaker 13: Say it is, but the consumers have the right to know.
Speaker 1: We do. And there's something I always looking out for, and I've noticed that quite often you will see, at least in so far as seafood is concerned, you'll see country of origin on seafood. Like I do not want to buy farm raised shrimp from Vietnam or China or Malaysia or wherever the hell it comes from. I want Gulf of Fill in the Black Mexico, United States wild caught shrimp, and you can find it.
Speaker 13: You want to know why. That is why, because the seafood lobby is not as powerful as the meat processing lobby, and so you still have to label the country of origin on seafood for poultry, and there's not a whole lot of post processing on seafood, so you know you can generally eat it as eat it or sell it as it came out of the ocean. A lot of times. And so you don't have that same oligarchy that controls the seafood industry that you do in the beef and pork industry.
Speaker 10: Oh that is, you still have to label it.
Speaker 1: So if they had more money and could pay off lobbyists and congress people elected officials, then I wouldn't be able to know where my shrimp came from. That's really what this comes down to. That is what it down to, Brother, always telling it like it is. Congress of Massy, let's pause. We'll bring you back because I do want to talk a little bit about tariffs and a couple other topics, and I know you're usually fair game for pretty much anything. To take nineteen if fifty about kercit talks Nation Bron Thomas with Congressman Thomas mass Always a wonderful thing to having Congress Massy on the program. Always even made better because Judge of Politana follows, and we'll be talking with Judge of Palatano on tariffs. And he points out in his column that these tariffs were implemented or asserted by Donald Trump pursued to the International Economic Emergency Powers Act of nineteen seventy seven, which permits the president to impose tariffs on goods coming from outside the US in the case of economic emergency, and he initially cited the fentanyl crisis with regard to the twenty five percent tariffs on Canada and Mexico, and I think we can easily agree that fentyl is a bit of a crisis. But moving over, apparently that had broader implications than originally intended. And so he cited this economic imbalance, this trade deficit we have with so many countries, as the predicate the emergency to trigger them, but we apparently have been experiencing a trade imbalanced since nineteen thirty one, which according to the judge anyway, and I suppose people are free to have their own conclusions on it. This isn't a sudden or unexpected event. Ergo, it's not an emergency. And I know some of the Democrats are trying to advance legislation to block the tariffs, nullifying the emergency authority. Trump sided to enact of tariffs by Representatives Meeks and Larson and Neil, all Democrats. Where is Congressman Massey on this?
Speaker 13: This is great and by the way, everything you said is correct. So the President declared a national emergency in order to invokee these tariffs. Now, under the National Emergencies Act, there's an expedited way to bring a vote to the floor to countermand the president's declaration of an emergency. If Congress says, no, you know what, this is not an emergency, we're.
Speaker 10: Going to have a vote on it.
Speaker 13: And the way you do it doesn't even require the Speaker of the House's permission.
Speaker 10: And so what the Democrats are trying to do.
Speaker 13: Now here's where the nefariot stuff happens. Because I was in the center of the sausage factory last Congress. I served on the Rules Committee where they I think they're skirting the wall. The law says, if the President declares the national emergency, then anybody in Congress can bring a bill to the floor undoing the national emergency without the Speaker's permission. But what they do is in the Rules Committee they insert a little bit of text in one of these big resolutions that says, oh, by the way, that National Emergency Act thing that this congressman is trying to bring to the floor, it's not his resolution isn't in the right order, And so we're going to turn it off using this procedural sleight of hand. And then my colleagues, they vote for this rule, let's say, the rule that brings the big beautiful bill to the floor. Well, inside of that, they've got this provision to turn off the National Emergencies Act privileges for whoever's trying to bring the bill to the floor. So they can stop the bill from coming to the floor, even though the law says the bill needs to come to the floor. They can use a rule, this procedural resolution in Congress to stop.
Speaker 1: A vote on that bill.
Speaker 13: They have done this once already, and I was the only Republican to vote against that procedural resolution. I may have been one of ten who actually knew it was. Inside of that procedural resolution they were turning off privileges under the National Emergencies Act. So they've already once stopped a vote on the emergency that enables the tariffs. They've already once stopped it, and that was about three weeks ago, and I think they'll do the same thing again. They use the Rules Committee to do this. Last Congress, I served on the Rules Committee, and before I got on the Rules Committee, I said, if you pull this crap on anything, whether it's War Powers Act, they do it on Warpowers Act too, or anything. I will blow the whistle and I will vote no.
Speaker 10: In the Rules Committee.
Speaker 13: And so they never did it. They didn't pull these tricks for the two.
Speaker 1: Years I was on the Rules Committee.
Speaker 10: But they're back to their old ways.
Speaker 1: So I guess where do you see this going? I mean, regardless of what, whether you're in favor of the East tariffs, do you think they're going to go good or do economic damage? Will they get away with it?
Speaker 13: In this case, they're going to get away with it. And what's more, there will be no vote at least in the Senate. They voted on this because they don't have.
Speaker 10: A rules committee in the Senate.
Speaker 13: They actually followed the National Emergencies Act law in the Senate. In the House, they're going to get away with turning it off and not even having a vote because Republicans reflexibly vote for these procedural resolutions and we're in the majority, and I may be the only one that votes against it unless.
Speaker 10: I can wake up some of my colleagues.
Speaker 13: And by the way, my vote doesn't indicate whether I'm for or against the tariffs. When my vote says bring it to the floor as the wall requires, and let's vote on it. And so now I can give you my view on tariffs. For the first one hundred and fifty years of this country, we were the whole country was funded with tariffs because we didn't have an income tax. And if you wanted to replace the income tax, like get rid of it and replace it with tariffs, I'm all in. Like, I would rather have a sales tax on stuff coming from China or Canada to fund this government than to have a tax on everybody's labor in this country. But that's not the proposal.
Speaker 10: No, it's not the president.
Speaker 13: He's adding a tariff in addition to the income tax. And what's more is it's not a broad based tariff.
Speaker 1: This is this is my other pet peeve.
Speaker 13: When you go in and you say, oh, we need to tear if the steel industry, or we need to tear if I don't know the clothing industry or.
Speaker 1: The widget industry. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: The problem is the government doesn't know which widgets you should be buying more of or less of, or what the price of those widgets should be. But when they go in individually and assigned tariffs on different widgets. Then they're playing, you know, like they're better than the free market. It doesn't work that way. And that's and here's what's more. It creates an industry of lobbyists. We just got done talking about the meat packing industry lobbyists. It creates an industry of lobbyists who come to Congress and ask for exemptions for their particular industry or their particular company.
Speaker 1: Going back to the seafood industry not having as much money as the beef and pork industry.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so this is and I and so then it starts wasting our time in Congress because there's another group of lobbyists who evolved that come and try to get these exemptions from these teriffs for their industry.
Speaker 10: And they'll be also over at the.
Speaker 13: White House lobbying the President. Hey, don't tear iff our thing. Our widget is does you know, needs to get into the country without a tariff on it. So we'll see how this all settles out. I honestly think you know, some people are saying that the stock market getting fidgety right now, in the bond market and all that that's due to the terraffs. I think it's due to the fact that the uncertainty of the teriffs that the president can wake up on one side of the bed and say we need to tariff this this morning, and then tomorrow you can wake up on the other side of the bed and say we need to tear if that today. If there was certainty behind it, I think they wouldn't have to price the uncertainty in the market.
Speaker 1: But we saw that the other day. There was this rumor going around that he was going to withdraw these tariffs that he had said he was going to impose, and the market went back up. And then he said no, no, where did that rumor come from, and the market went back down again. So there is a huge amount of uncertainty built into all this, and obviously uncertainty creates fidgety markets and a concerned populace. Congress from Thomas Massey, your honor Judge Naponto is listen, listening right now. He send it awave out to you and I'll go ahead this real quick.
Speaker 13: ARCA one, section eight says Congress should be doing this, not the president, and that would give you more certainty.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess in closing the International Economic Emergency powers Act, much like the Wars Power Act. I guess a lot of people can make an argument that that's not constitutional because we do have the provision for a declaration of war and the Congress does have the power of the purse. Right correct, there you are.
Speaker 13: Whether it's constitutional or not, it is the law, and the Rules Committee is circumventing the law by saying these are not the droids you're looking for, saying this is not a war Powers resolution, or this is not an emergency National Emergency Act resolution, and so we're going to turn it off and it's not coming to the floor. I think that's skirting the law.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really do. Well could end up in the courts. I don't know, but you know what. I love you, Congressome Massy for explaining this to us and revealing the sausage making process and the shenanigans that go on each and every day in Congress. God bless you, sir. I appreciate your willingness to come on the program and speak truth to powers I always say. And waiting in the wings. I know you're a fan. Judge Nita Polaitano, Congressom Massy, best of health, my friend. We'll talk real soon.
Speaker 13: All right, we love you and the judge as well, so we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: A twenty nine Here, fifty five cars of detoxation. Judge of Polton as up next, fifty five KRC the Talks Station ay thirty four or fifty five car seed Talks Station had a very happy Wednesday too, and the heels of Congressman Thomas Massy fingers crossed. We get our technical details work out. Joe Strecker is out, Seawn's filling in. Do we have audio because I can see the judge? Can I hear the judge? Welcome back, Judge Annapolitano.
Speaker 15: All right, good morning, Brian, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Thank God? Let me pause and say a prayer to the dear Lord that it is working. Good morning, your honor. It's always great having you on sweat and bullets there for a little while, Your honor.
Speaker 15: Well, I'm glad that it's working.
Speaker 16: I'm afraid to hang up my phone because I don't know if we're talking through the link or through the phone.
Speaker 1: Well, let's keep your phone on because the content of your column, I think is extremely important and I really suspected you would go down this road, and I just had a conversation with Congressman Massey about it. This whole concept of the International Economic Emergency Powers Act of nineteen seventy seven is what allegedly gives Donald Trump the authority to impose these tarots.
Speaker 15: Well, the statute is the basis for the effort authority.
Speaker 16: What Congressman Massey and Senator Paul have been complaining bitterly about is that we shouldn't be running the government under emergency authority when there's no emergency. The statute itself defines an emergency as a sudden and unexpected event that adversely affects national security or economic prosperity. The stated purpose for the emergency. I won't go through the history with all the fentanyl nonsense, but the stated purpose for the emergency is the imbalance of trade.
Speaker 10: Brian.
Speaker 15: We've had an imbalance of trade since nineteen thirty.
Speaker 16: Four, so by definition, it's not a sudden and unexpected event. So there's no basis for the emergency. Therefore, there's no basis and no authority for him to impose the tariffs. The tariff is a sales tax.
Speaker 15: You want to have a sales tax, Congress has to impose it. Congressman Massey and Senator Paul are one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 16: The Democrats are on their side because they hate Trump and a half dozen Republicans and that's it.
Speaker 15: Everybody else has colt and afraid of Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, you know this reminds me, I mean dead on what we used to argue about when I was practicing litigation for pollution liability. The coverage came about for pollution liability for sudden and unexpected releases of toxins, and during the circle of litigation, all these companies went back to their insurance policies for pollution that they had been releasing into the world for literally decades, claiming it was sudden and unexpected, and that became the key to the litigation. Some judges said, no, for things that have been going on for years and years and years, you can't define that as sudden and unexpected. It has to happen in a sudden and unexpected way. So I understand the point here.
Speaker 16: So there is a challenge made by a small stationary company which imports its paper from China in federal court in Florida. Will a federal judge have the clarity of vision and professional courage to enjoin the tariffs. Who knows Supreme Court is letting Donald Trump get away with all kinds of things on the emergency docket. The decision to enjoy Judge Boseburg the other day was no decision. There was no opinion. You don't know what they're thinking was it was an opinion. It was a ruling by five of them, no opinion. Because they did it in the emergency connection, will they do the same thing. It's very very dangerous for jurisprudence in this country for the highest court in the land just to come down with a ruling without giving.
Speaker 15: A basis for it.
Speaker 16: I suspect the same thing will happen here. However, this is causing real and serious damage, a six.
Speaker 15: Trillion dollar capital loss. Thus, farm or only into this thing by a week. And the Chinese or the.
Speaker 16: Sales tax on goods from China is now one hundred and four percent.
Speaker 15: That doesn't kick in until today. So will Joe six pack?
Speaker 16: And is Maga Cap going to Walmart to buy a toaster and expecting to spend thirty dollars buy it for sixty dollars or will he go without a toaster or will he search in vain for an American toaster or will Joe six pack in his MAGA cap going to a Ford dealership in Cincinnati, how will we react with sticker shock when the dealer says, we have to add another three thousand dollars because that's what Ford had to pay in sales tax on the parts that were made that were put into your car. Because a lot of the car the parts come from Mexico, Canada and South Korea.
Speaker 15: This will be the same Joe six pack that you're Donald Trump to victory.
Speaker 1: Well, and I guess I have to ask because you and I have talked about this in the context of the War Powers Act. The International Economic Emergency Powers Act is a delegation of the power of the purse from Congress to the executive branch, granted pursuing to certain limitations like this sudden, unexpected emergency event. But is that in and of itself, as nineteen seventy seven Act constitutional in your mind?
Speaker 16: In my mind, it is not constitutional because it is delegating away a core function of the Congress, which is to raise taxes.
Speaker 15: I mean, this is so core to the Congress that the Constitution.
Speaker 16: Actually says taxes must emanate in the House of representatives. It is as clear as can be that this power resides solely with Congress, and Congress can't give away a core power. Could the president allow the Supreme Court to run the military. Of course, not, even if he wanted to, even if the Court accepted that power.
Speaker 15: It's the same thing.
Speaker 16: The president can't impose taxes, even if Congress wants them to.
Speaker 15: Where does that bring us to taxation without representation?
Speaker 16: That's where it brings us. We didn't elect a president to raise taxes. We elect that a Congress to address the tax rates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I hear what you're saying, and of course you know my listeners like, yeah, but it's so unfair, and it's been so unfair, and we have these unfair advantage because all these other countries can manufacture these goods at a fraction of what it cost to manufacture in America. That's why the toaster is only thirty five bucks when it comes to China, because they have no pollution rules, they have no ocean rules, they have no rules period, so they can churn it out on slave labor. We've got all these other things we've got to comply with, so we can't even make a toaster that Joe sixpack can afford. And I understand that frustration. And we learned a lot of lessons, hard lessons from COVID that we just don't manufacture some critically important goods here in the United States, most notably in a time of war when we couldn't get pharmaceuticals for our own men and women in uniform. But that doesn't change the Constitution. And there's that pesky Constitution, and you're in my clinging to it. That tends to stand it a way, especially in the face of a divided do nothing Congress.
Speaker 15: It is an intentional impediment to tyranny.
Speaker 16: And just as Scalia argued he didn't always carry the day or it often was in a descent, that these core functions cannot be delegated away because that leads to tyranny, It leads to an imbalance of power, It leads to too much power in the.
Speaker 15: Hands of one branch of government.
Speaker 16: The Congress today, in twenty twenty five, is frustrated over what its predecessor in nineteen seventy seven did. Senator Paul got a majority of senators to vote to nullify the declaration of an emergency on the theory that we just articulated he would need sixty seven in order to over right of presidential veto. The House leadership is totally wedded to the president. Even though a majority of members of the House, that's the Democrats plus the Freedom Caucus are against this. They won't even let this come to the floor for a vote for fear it will embarrass them. They couldn't care less about the Constitution. They couldn't care less about Joe sixpack. They only care about their relationship to the man.
Speaker 15: In the Oval office.
Speaker 1: Well, if you had to leave read Tea Leaves on this, this sounds like it is right for a judicial review ultimately end up in the lap of the Supreme Court. Do you see that happening? Do you see this getting resolved by way of resolving the issue, maybe the core issue of whether this nineteen seventy seven Act is even in and of itself constitutional, or are we just going to go along with steps quote.
Speaker 16: I would hope that the judiciary would have the courage to do the right thing, or even the wrong thing. I just hope that they would rule it would be reprehensible if the Supreme Court dates the nineteen seventy seven act, Well, then you might end up with judges running the military, because then you can just exchange assignments as if you were in grade school. I don't want to do this book report.
Speaker 15: You take mine and I'll take yours.
Speaker 16: You can't do that with the constitution that destroys human liberty, that turns the president into a tyrant.
Speaker 10: Did you hear.
Speaker 16: What he said on Air Force one the other day and when Carolyn Levitt repeated, we're thinking of finding ways to deport Americans? Good God, where are we going?
Speaker 15: Well, Congress sits on its button, does nothing.
Speaker 1: Yes, that results in an imperial presidency. You and I have reset conclusions many times over the many years that you and I have been talking. Well, at least the Supreme Court recognize that the people that are trying to kick out of the country are entitled to a habeus corpus hearing and a due process hearing.
Speaker 16: Before you know that that was a very sort of sneaky thing that the Court did. They made it look like they were giving Trump what he wanted by getting this case away from his beast in the night, Judge Boseburg, but requiring a hearing for everybody they want to deport they have three hundred and fifty thousand veneze whales they.
Speaker 15: Want to deport. Now they have to hold a hearing on each one in Britain's evidence.
Speaker 9: On each one.
Speaker 1: Hey, but that's exactly the argument you made last week. That's what the Constitution requires, so right, and it requires no.
Speaker 16: Less than due process whenever it wants to take anybody's liberty, no matter who you are, what they claim you've done. In the meantime, an innocent man sits in a hell hole in Al Salvador, and the president and his people couldn't care less.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of people my listening audience couldn't care less about the concept of due process in this particular context. So I've been defending.
Speaker 16: Way the government comes after them, then they will appreciate process, and then they will appreciate an independent of issuary.
Speaker 1: And that's why I've been defending you on that point for the last week. Judge Editor Politano, judging freedom. Who are you talking to today, your honor?
Speaker 16: I have a Pepe Escobar from Thailand. He just returned from a week in Yemen. Phil Giraldi and Max Bloomenthal exciting days here, no question about it.
Speaker 15: I shouldn't get angry because this is all good for our business.
Speaker 6: Yes it is.
Speaker 1: I've got my popcorn now waiting for all this to get resolved. And there's no end of content that you and I can talk about each and every week. God bless you for coming on the program. I appreciate what you do. You're honor. I'll look forward to next week.
Speaker 15: Thank you for defending me. Brian, all the best.
Speaker 1: Take care. As long as you're defending the constitution, I'll defend you. It's eight forty six here fifty five care see the talks station, don't go away. Doctor j Rissover about health. He's going to be doing an a power you seven or tomorrow night to getting at seven. We'll get the details on that from doctor j. Coming up next, I KRC get ready for tapik a TV about Karr City Talk Tation. Welcome back to Think about Kersey Morning Show. A good friend of mine and a man who knows everything there is no about health. Doctor j Risover practice internal medicine for thirty six years and he also taught a local hospital system. Regret postgraduate medicine. There's a thing or two about taking good care of yourself and since we're all in Maha mode. Welcome Doctor J. Rissover. You're doing an empower You seminar tomorrow evening. It begins at seven with Senator George Lang talking about getting rid of Ohio's income tax. But you're going to be talking about health. What's the subject matter here and specifically doctor J.
Speaker 8: Thank you for the great introduction, Brian. Happy to be here and thanks for letting me follow two of the big heavy hitters on your show. Oh much love being in the spot. I'm so Dan Reganald asked me what I'd be interested in talking about Maha and I said, well, you know, I'd love to research that. It seems to be all in the news. That was some months ago, So I was spend in the last couple of months doing a lot of internet searches about MAHA. And I think I've got a really good little lecture here. I go through the history of RFK Junior, because really he embodies Mahai. It's his program, though he didn't come up with the term until after he decided to endorse President Trump. But he's an interesting guy. And I don't even talk about the worm, which apparently is I thought it was irrelevant but he was such a storied democrat. You know, he came from a Kennedy family. His father was RFK Junior, who I'm sorry, yeah, RFK Junior, who sadly was assassinated. His uncle was the president in JFK. He got assassinated. He is such a sad childhood. He had a lot of drugs and problems, even though he was in the Kennedy family, so he managed to skirt all those. But he had a heck of a childhood. And then eventually he became an adult. He became a person who could control himself, and he ended up in environmentalism and was a huge on an environmentalism. He took him on Fanta the court and won millions of dollars. He fixed rivers in Ohio, not Ohio, New York, like the Hudson River, and it wasn't And he was never controversial ever.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 8: He published books. He wrote eleven books, including a couple of children's books and books about the water keepers and about pollution in New York. And then in two thousand and five he strayed to the verbotan topic of health and specifically vaccines and autism, and he stumbled upon a thing that's called the Simpson Wood Meeting. In two thousand and five, he published it in Salon and also in Rolling Stone. It was called Deadly Immunity. And suddenly overnight he becomes controversial, and they've written books about RFK Junior too, de bunk him. They've written articles. If you do a research like I did on the Internet, there are far more controversial takes on him then there are support. So if anyone who's going to Google search, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're a storied guy with a popular name and a good reputation, you take on the pharmaceutical industry, you're gonna get a lot of crap there in your way, doctor j.
Speaker 8: He sure did, And so I don't spend really a lot of time presenting what he said and then showing the controversies about it. So I want to acknowledge to everyone he has been criticized for a lot of the stuff he says. But I put up just a couple of graphs to support what he said, for example, from the children's but yours is a shocking one.
Speaker 1: Real quickly here, because we're short on telling real quickly.
Speaker 8: Well, then let me not go through statistics. People, I don't bore you with graphs. We put a few of them up. Mostly it's a fascinating story about him, and of course we end with what actually Maha is and I have a little teaser at the end too for everyone who listens. I did this research totally different from anything I've ever done in my life. This is the first time I've ever done this. I'm leaving what it is that you all can guess on your own. I'm not going to say if you're right or not, but till the end I'm going to kind of reveal it. And it's just another fascinating thing I found out in researching this topic. But come, I have some good pictures, I have some good jokes, as I always do. You can't just be boring in a lecture. You I enjoy and thank you and learn a little bit about Mahan.
Speaker 10: RFK Junior.
Speaker 8: If you want, I can give you one statistic or something real quick, perfect time. Okay, So, if you look at major drug and vaccine recalls, the COVID vaccine has head According to this study, thirty five thousand deaths reported to the Very's database, which the USA keeps for all vaccine reported adverse effects. Now these haven't been researched. They're just reported. Thirty five thousand deaths of the covid vaccine since it's been done. When they took viox off the market, only six thousand deaths were reported and they removed it from the market. Bextra they had one six hundred deaths. They removed it from the market. They call had seven hundred deaths. They removed it from the market. There's ten other drugs and vaccines have been removed. They had far less deaths reported.
Speaker 1: That's the teaser you needing, Doctor Jay, you should have led with that one that gets people's interests perked up. So you will talk COVID vaccines, the dangers and the comparative treatment of various drugs versus COVID nineteen. That's tomorrow night, beginning at seventeen, beginning at seven with Senator George Lang followed by doctor j Rissover for a full hour. Empower You America dot or log in. You can either show up at the Empower Youth Studio at Great Oaks, drive at the Empower Youth Studio at Scarlett Oaks, or from the comfort of your own home. Either way you slice it. Just make sure you register ahead. Doctor j have a great event tomorrow night. I know a lot of people will be tuning in. I'll see you real soon, my friend. Folks, great day. Get a copy of Last Call for budl Like by Anson, Fredericks Donald and Neo Americans for Prosperity about the tax event. On Sunday, Congressman Thomas Passey and Judge entered Apoloiton. If you carosy dot com, have a great day. Glenn Beck's up next.