Speaker 1: This meeting is being recorded. Okay, cool, good afternoon, it's and it's the twenty eighth of December. Two piece in the podcast do you like a new little logo with allfor Timothy Spearman and Andy Peacher from the UKSH I'm an ancient And by now we might have George popping in. George Foynd. He's a good old friend from Canada on this festive religious weekend. Yeah, go ahead to and what are we gonna have a little chat about?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, you know, I went to did my higher education, my postgraduate work in England. So I was studying at Warwick University, and I was living in Lamington, Spa for most of the time and meeting to the campus which was in Coventry, and so I hitchhiked. There was always someone who'd stop for the students and we'd pile in and they'd take us to the campus. And so one day I met this homeless bloke. I can't remember his name, but he was a nice enough fellow. So when I met him, I got a feeling that maybe he needed some clothes. So I said, why do you come back to my place and get cleaned up? You can wash and I'll give you a fresh pair of undies.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: He came back and washed up, and I gave him what I promised. And then I thought, what the heck, I'm going to a dinner party hosted by a Canadian fellow on the campus. I don't know who's coming, and apparently they don't either. I'm bringing someone that wasn't invited. So I brought him along. And when I arrived at this dinner party, the table was well. Once we sat down, the table was full. I was sitting next to him, and he was sitting next to this English couple and a couple of the girls that were invited were smiling with Pani smiled at me because I think they knew what I was up to. I mean, yeah, sure I was being provocative, Yeah sure I was being impertinent, and yeah it was rude to invite an uninvited guest without permission. True, But my buddy that invited me was Canadian, and I thought similar temperament to me, where he just didn't give a shit, and I think that is his true nature, he just doesn't give a shit. But anyway, our friend, the homeless fell I brought, started telling all these stories and he kept the table entertained. I hope all all dinner long with his stories. And most of the stories were about him and his best friend cy And occasionally he'd look over at me and call me Cy. So I wasn't his best friend, but I guess for that night I was. He reminded I reminded him of Cyh. I assume that's short for Simon. Anyway, I saw this video recently, actually a series of videos recently about homeless people, and they were, you know, coming in where they were not welcome, wearing raggedy clothes. And this one woman came to a wedding dressed in rags, and wealthy guests and the family of the bride were not impressed, and so they ordered security to escorder out. And the poor woman was distraught because she had come to attend her son's wedding, and she said, look, I just wanted to wish my son a good wedding and greet him and give him a hug. Please. Now, the guards weren't having it. So one of the wedding guests saw what was happening, and he was appalled, and he came up to the groom and he said, what the hell are you doing. That's your mother? How dare you you'd reject your own mother at your wedding? What kind of a groom? What kind of a husband are you going to make when you don't even have loyal tea and devotion to your own mother? The woman had sacrificed her life so that you could have one. I don't want to be here. I want to go. I don't want to celebrate your wedding. What kind of a person are you? So at this point, the groom recognized his mistake and he ran outside, chased after his mother, fell down on his knees and begged her to forgive him. And yeah, he realized, this is the woman who did knitting and made clothes to sell so that she could make enough money to provide for him. She was I think it was a widow left destitute, and this is the only way she could earn money to give him a life. And of course all of this work that she did helped him, It fed him, clothed him, it sent him to school, all of these things. So he came in and he told the story of all the sacrifice his mother had made on his behalf, and he said, she's staying and if you don't agree, I'm not staying. That's my ultimatum. This woman is as welcome as I am. If she's not welcome, I'm not welcome, and I'm leaving. And so that put the whole thing, set the whole record straight. The wedding preceded, God only knows, I guess a miracle, and he got married with his mother as an honored guest. Another andy, which is seasonal as a story goes, was this woman who is destitute who filled her rucksock with stolen bread at a bakery, these stolen buns. Packed the bag with stolen buns from the bakery. The owner was furious chased her down the sidewalk screaming, thief, Stop that thief, Catch that thief. And so she fell down in her flight, and all these buns rolled out onto the sidewalk, and the poor thing was begging him, please, please, I'm not a bad person. I was just and she was trying to explain her circumstances, and he said, no, no, you are a thief. People like you don't belong here. You're not getting away with this. And then the security came and the police followed, and so finally one of the police constables sat down next to her and said, ma'am, why did you steal the bread? She said, I'm not a bad person, but I'm a widow and my four children haven't eaten in two days. I had no choice. I was at the end of my rope. I had no other options available to me, so I had to do something there. You know, we're all desperate for food. We need to eat. So the officer said, okay. He led her to the back seat of the police car. He says, you stay here, don't go anywhere. I'll be right back. She had no idea what he was doing, and he came back after consulting with some of his fellow officers at a nearby squad car. In a short time, these officers all came carrying boxes filled with food, enough food to last for four people, for five people, for three months. So you know what I thought about, it was canceled the police. Why they're not all bad. I mean, clearly these cops are good Samaritan types.
Speaker 1: Apart from one mistake. They could have picked up the bread and give the bread as well, because they couldn't sell the bread once will down the street. Yeah right now, But you've got the point. And the same with the homeless guy that you met, the heat shaker. You know, even if you couldn't smuggled him in, you probably would have made sure he'd got some food afterwards. Anyway. You know, that is what people were missing. This dne age to help somebody else out doesn't necessarily have to cust you anything but a few moments of your time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, at that dinner party, the couple that were sitting next to him complained. I don't know what they said. They could have said he smelled or he was dirty. He didn't smell. I sat right next to him. There wasn't an odor nothing. He was fine and he wasn't dirty. He was pretty well kept. I mean he was clean shaven and yeah, okay, his hair wasn't comb but neither his fine. So you know, he looked fine. He was fine, He was pleasant, he was entertaining, he was very friendly and respectful. What's the problem. They're the problem, not him. They're just complainers, haters, whiners, whatever. This was no problem. And so my Canadian friend was only a little bit put out, not because he cared like me. He didn't give a shit. He complained because they complain. Why because they're whiners, complainers. People are selfish and on they think of themselves and a little bit of discomfort because there's an extra person at the meal table. I mean, big deal, what's the problem. What can you do?
Speaker 1: Andy? I've been one of them homeless persons when I was younger, and the end, you know, a bit like the lady with the blood. I tried my best to get welfare to go and find food, and in the end, I just went and thought, if I'm going to get into trouble, I'm going to do it in style. I sat in an Indian restaurant. I had about ten courses, ten boules of wine, and then they got rested and only had to pay for the meal because the judge felt sorry for me. He just said pay the meal, you know, over time and also forgotten that's a moral in that story.
Speaker 2: So all you did, all you had to do was pay for the different courses of food that you ordered at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they didn't have a loss. I was in Talkie and devon that was I mean, the food was pretty bubbish, to be fair, but when you're hungry, you'd eat from a bin.
Speaker 2: I think, well, I love Indian food, so I don't know. I would have been happy to if I was hungry like that, I'd be happy to have Indian Indian.
Speaker 1: I had a chicken corna. It wasn't nothing special in them days, because I didn't really know. When I was younger, I didn't like Indian food, so I just had the corma. Then I'm bred the peel of race, the ice cream, you know, and soups. But nowadays I can eat a boalty or I'm not quite bindelu yet, I can eat a hot one.
Speaker 2: But chicken chicken coroma is delicious. I love it.
Speaker 1: It iss if it's made correctly, because some restaurants they vary in the taste. I would say the more coconuty is the better. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you got any stories like those?
Speaker 1: No? But you know, generally this time of year, it doesn't help or hurt people to help others, you know, give them a bit of their food if they don't want it all, save a little bag for the homeless, let them sleep in your shed if they're tired. You know, there's nothing wrong with that. But the trouble is, we're all not all of us this. Our countries are you know, if it doesn't tick the box correctly, then it's no good. It's it's not in our comfort zone. It's not you know. But I would if someone was homeless, give them a meal, wash, if I had a shed, let them sleep in the shed and the mattress, you know, until they get yourselves sorted out. Of course they've had a spare bedroom. That'd been better, wouldn't it. But yeah, yeah, what I was.
Speaker 2: In when I was in Florida two thousand and six after returning from Korea, I was trying to get a job at a local university in of all places, Melbourne, Florida, And so I was waiting while they did a background check on my grades and everything. And while I was waiting, I was working at a labor hall and I met this guy name with the nickname Chisel. He ran this labor hall. His office was in a trailer and everyone came in in the morning and he'd give them their work order and off they went. And I had different jobs. I was doing, all labor oriented and he knew I was from Canada, so I didn't have a work permit, so he used his brother's brother in law's ID somehow and got me. The work permit got me like a Social Security number for the US, and I was using that and then getting paid and the pay was not great, but it was good enough to keep me going, pay for my beach house, buy whatever I needed. And I ended up buying a bicycle while I was down there to get around, and i'd lock it up at the shop before going off to the work detail for that day. One of the places was a newspaper, and I was putting the papers together and throwing them in the hopper and then they'd get into a pile and that would automatically get tied and there'd be a big stock of newspapers. I was hoping that while I was there working at the paper, I could apply for a job in the front, you know, a reporter or something. I did. I applied, but I guess they weren't impressed that I was working in the back as a as a guy assembling the newspapers, so they didn't even look at my resume. They just basically threw it in the garbage. But anyway, I met this homeless guy named Mitch, and he was like an amateur comedian. He would sometimes do a comedy gig at a local comedy bar, and I never saw his routine, but I had to listen to his jokes. But he was homeless. He was living in his aunts shed most of the time, and I met him and got to know him. We would find abandoned houses. I think military would have been there for some time and then they'd just move on and they just leave the house completely abandoned, and so we checked these places out and there'd be dishes and cutlery and all kinds of items in the house. So since it was abandoned and there was no problem, I helped myself to the cutlery. We had a couple of knapsocks. We just put everything in the knap socks, plates, dishes, cutlery, whatever we could find. I took it back to my beach house. So I put the dishes in the cutlery in the shelves in my beach house, and everything I needed to prepare food was there. I just needed to do a grocery shop, and that's it. My homeless friend was getting tickets for food. Social Services gives you these voucher tickets and you present them at the food bank and they'll give you whatever food that voucher.
Speaker 1: Is good.
Speaker 2: For and he was managing with these food voucher tickets. I didn't need that. I mean, I had some money. I could buy my own food at the grocery store, and sometimes he'd come shopping with me, this guy. So I let him stay with me for a few days. And then I met another guy at the job temporary job place that I've been talking about, the labor Hall, and he was an ex con and he uh, I don't know what his living arrangements were. I let him stay with me at the beach house for a few nights. He wanted to stay, and I finally told him, sorry, you gotta go. I had a little bit of a struggle getting him to move out. The guy in the beach house next to me complained. The landlady wasn't too pleased. I said, Oh, he's just a guy I work with at the labor hall. I don't know that he has a place to stay, so I just let him stay with me for a couple of nights. Well, she said, you could have asked me, and I said, yeah, but I didn't see the harm in it. Whatever. Anyway, I wasn't there for very much longer. My effort to find a job down in Florida didn't pan out, so I just headed back to Toronto. And the Bust station in Toronto is right next to that channel, the building that I ended up having a radio show in for a couple of years, and that's where I met George George Freud, and that's where we filmed the Shakespeare film, the film about the Shakespeare authorship, the Lunatic Lover and the Poet. We filmed it at that channel, and that's where we did the radio show, the radio play for Titanic, Itanic the Ship of Fools, remember that one, Andy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took a few hours to put it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had to have this sound tach do a cleanup of the sound because it wasn't quite perfect.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, no, absolutely these days it's a lot easier, but it took days and weeks. But just on the homeless, you know, while we're on that theme in the UK this Christmas, hundreds of us homeless shelters in Birmingham School then in the area of Bristol that a Muslim group spread Christmas year to the Bristol homeless, so that you know the people do care. Edinburgh teenager he busked in the street of Edinburgh and donated all his money to feed the homeless at Christmas. So there's some a cheer out there, you know, not much. But one poor guy, his name was Paul. He was freezing a Shoppers by Present presence in Wimbledon shopping Center, London, and he said the only gift he ever wanted for the night was a bed, but people kept walking by him and spitting at him and not giving him anything, and he was so scared, you know, he didn't want to be alone at Christmas. It's that's a shame really. But they're the news hitting the headlines for the homeless at the moment. I mean I've been homeless purely because I was moving about the country. I just found it fun. You know, when it was warm. In the days it was warm, you could put your thumb out, You go to the next city, put your thumb out again, and you in another city. These days, you can't trust anybody, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember I was in King's Cross in London when I was doing my university degree, I think it was my master's degree, and my buddy came over from Canada, so we decided to have a little adventured down in London. So we had like canned food and we'd eat a can of beans with some bread or whatever on the steps somewhere, and people would go by, assuming we were homeless or something. But there was this hotel or a motel Morelake and in King's Cross, and we thought we'd save money. So he went in to get one room, and I climbed up the outside of the hotel onto the roof and he let me in through the window.
Speaker 1: So we made.
Speaker 2: For a single room for two and stayed the night there, and when we left, we came running down the stairs and out the door before they could object.
Speaker 1: These days, is yeah, especially the big hotels, at the travel lodges, the premier wins. They're the ones that the thousands of them everywhere. So you book a single room, they'll always give you a double a twin, and obviously a double's no good. But if you get a twin and you've got a friend that needs a bed, it's so much easier to do that. You just need to just pass the key for the window now because they're so busy that they don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were twin beds in there, so it was perfect.
Speaker 1: And of course I'm watching the guy on YouTube. He's from Wales. His name's Simon Wilson. He sneaks into all the big posture tels, the big Posha football matches, cricket grounds, concerts, airplanes. He's traveled around the world for free, you know, lived everywhere for free, just as a YouTube sort of gimmick. Amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well when I was in Mexico, I stayed in a hostel and it wasn't a bad one. They would serve you breakfast, so it was like a bed and breakfast almost. You'd come down and they'd have toasting eggs or a little bit of porridge or whatever, and it was pretty cheap. I was like seven dollars a night and you would sleep in a bunk either top or bottom with someone. And I was in a quiet room for the first few days with only one bunk, so that was no sweat.
Speaker 1: When he gets busy, is the problem in hostels?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, when it got busier, I had to go into the other room and there were two bunks and I think at least two of the people snored. That was not fun. I kept job the snoring was so loud and kept up.
Speaker 1: End of the noises.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of guests coming out of people. Yeah, I had that in a hostel once.
Speaker 1: Well, they had a lesson, teach you a lesson to not get yourself in that situation again. Yeah.
Speaker 2: In Korea they have these places called a ginger bong and it's like a hot tub place that is kind of spa during the day, and then a lot of them stay overnight and so they sleep on these mats. So my worst nightmare sleeping in a ginger bong all night with a bunch of snoring Korean men. Not a party, No, it was not fun. It was about forty to sixty men sleeping on mats in this big.
Speaker 1: Room. Yeah, that one for sure.
Speaker 2: So having a nice quzie and a kind of natural spring spa bath almost worth the trouble.
Speaker 1: You know, there's going to be a lot more problems with what the world isn't there With our government still, what they're doing in our country is mad. We've got the worst government ever on record, I think. And it's supposed to be the labor government that you know, helps people back into work, helps the homeless, help the poor. You know, they have Bible values years ago, but I have actually seen a video that I can't remember it all now because I was going to do a I do a couple of minutes like the Daily Runt, I do a rant about something on another YouTube video, and I was going to rant about it because it's Tony Blair. Thats started with the Fabian Society and this guy he was dead on. I think it was a Fabian Society that's caused all these problems we've got today, at least some of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, Fabian Society is a secret society that decided that marx Communist Manifesto was the wrong approach, a worldwide communist Revolution of the proletariat Workers of the World unite now. They decided that a politics of gradualism would be more effective, and so they infiltrated all this socialist left parties. And if you've found if you watched, you'd find that the leftist parties were moving more and more left as the decades passed. So the Democratic Party in the United States, the Democrats may as well be called the Communist Party of the United States now, and the Liberal Party of Canada may as well be called the Communist Party of Canada. I've noticed that there is a communist party on the voting ballot now, for years and years they had no following at all, so they weren't even listed on the ballot. But there's no need. The Liberal Party is the communist party. As for the NDP, they're just as communist as the Liberal Party is. They've gone radical left both parties. They should form a coalition and it would be the Communist Party of Canada.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what happened to our Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives when they went for a couple of years show and the government. It actually went really bad, and then Labor obviously took over in the end got in again. Yeah, and then I think they got out and then Conservatives got back in on their own. I don't know. Tim Wales going mad and we've got to get off this circle somehow and protect ourselves. But as we keep going around and rounds, it's getting a bit dizzy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, Aunt Middleton should be a good mayor of London and he'll he'll reverse all of the damage that's been done to this point, and he'll give the police back their powers of arrest and all of this grooming gang bullshit will be stopped because they'll arrest all the pedophiles and those that are guilty of statutory rape and put them away and then after they've finished their prison term, they can get the boot right out of the country back to the shit all they came from. That is what has to be done, not just in Britain, in the United States and in Canada. We have to play hardball with these people. I'm not against Muslims. I have a few Muslim friends, but I am against Sharia law. Fuck that, that's not happening. It will not happen. There's not going to be Sheri law. Middleton will re impose Christian law. The traditional law known as British common law will be re implemented. There will be no two tiers system, no double standards, no bullshit. Everyone will be subject to the same law. And in his interview with Liam what's his name, Liam the talk show.
Speaker 1: Host, Yeah, I can't remember, but I feel about the same guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Anyway, he was interviewed recently and he explained that, you know, Christian values, traditional British culture is a shelter and it's you know, got the pillars of justice, and if you stay within those pillars and you've got the shelter, it provides rule of law and civil society so that we can all function and have a life. Discard it and your whole society's in ruins, which it presently is. It's got to be restored.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, We definitely want rid of Sadik Khan. And this is it for this little segment, Tim And if people want the like, share comment, we'd love to hear your feedback. And yeah, God bless you all and have a lovely festive New Year.