Speaker 1: Billy cunning into Great America. We've worked from the President about an hour ago. Well it did to the terrible crash on the Potomac River. It appears to be a circumstance that will take months and months to resolve, but pilot air comes into one's forefront of one's mind almost immediately. I think it is good that Pete Heseth, the Department of Defense Secretary, was relating information last night and this morning, and the White House is on top of it to describe what happened, but that doesn't lessen the pain of those who afflicted. Sixty seven souls met their maker last night. Will continue to follow that, but until then, many other issues are percolating. As you may know, there was some testimony on Tuesday night to the school board in Cincinnati from teachers that half of their students are missing, and they're blaming the so called ice raids by the federal government. And there's a concern and CPS that going to have a grossly less enrollment, which is the same thing happening in Columbus. I see out of the Columbus Dispatch. The school board is issuing memos to the teachers how to handle quote ice raids or attempts to pick up their students for certain criminal violations. Same thing happening in every major American city. Plus the Attorney General, David Yost, who's been there about six years, wants to be the next governor of Ohio, walking in the footsteps of Mike DeWine, has issued a memo to Costco about their DEI and whether or not that is raised discrimination by a different color throwning you nine now is the same David Yost. And first of all, mister Attorney General, the chief law enforcement officer in the state of Ohio. It is certainly available to these six or seven large cities that they are sanctuary cities in sanctuary counties. And there's this apprehension that the mayor have to have pearaval has that he's not going to cooperate with the ICE officials, Homeland Security, US Marshal Service in the FBI to assist in the enforcement of federal law. And you tell the American people whether after a peeraval is on solid footing or loose footing.
Speaker 2: Well, if I were the mayor, I'd be a little bit concerned about the positions I was taking and what I was ordering people to do in my city.
Speaker 3: Federal law makes it.
Speaker 2: A crime for state or local officials to obstruct, hinder, or fail to comply with a lawful command regarding immigration enforcement. And while they certainly cannot commandeer local police to run drag nets, and nobody's talking about that, you also can't get in a way of it. And some of the mayor's comments are troubling.
Speaker 1: Well at the present time, I don't know if we have a US attorney. I guess we might have one. I don't know if Kenneth Parker is still there or not. So when the federal law says failed to comply, it appears that most cities in Ohio walking up to the line a failure to cooperate, failure to comply, which is I watched last night mister Attorney General Ken Kober, who as you know, is the Queen's City Lodge sixty nine head of the police union, who said it's our job to assist federal law enforcement. That is, when we have a raid or we doing something in CPD will often have ICE or FBI or the Marshall Service back up with equipment or with men and women to help us do that. And we have an agreement back and forth. And so the police are being told by their oath and by federal law to do one thing, and the city mayor and the vice mayor is telling the police to do another thing. What should a cop do? What advice would you give to a police officer getting an order to back up an ice raid somewhere in Arlington Heights and the cops are being told by their employer not to do it. What advice can you provide? If any?
Speaker 2: You know, the mayor is really put in the cops between the dog and the tree here.
Speaker 3: They don't have very good options. But the fact of the.
Speaker 2: Matter is the federal law is still supreme in this area, and the politicians that are trying to score cheap political points by getting in the way of finally enforcing federal immigration law are playing with fire.
Speaker 1: And in fact, it's been warning from Tom Homan. I had him on a few months ago, and he talked about possibly indicting, arresting civil authorities that failed to comply with a federal law because it's their job. I haven't seen the oath of office of the mayor, but I would imagine it has something to do with support and defend the Ohio and US constitutions which provide for federal authority. And you know, this is a little bit of a historical reach, but you might recall seventy eighty ninety years ago the Democrats in the South refused to comply with federal law. Whether it was Governor Fobas or Governor Walla, there was a federal law that said you have to let black kids go into public schools, and the Democrats at that point in the South said, oh no, we're not going to comply with that. And I can recall Eisenhower and then Kennedy sending in federal troops to escort into Arkansas Little Rock and into Montgomery, Alabama, black kids when the local Democrats said we're not going to comply with federal law, and that matter was resolved. Do you see possibly a similar circumsays this time the same Democratic party is not complying with federal law because they don't want to. They say it doesn't fit our view of what it should be. And I would think that's playing with fire a little bit, because once again, half a century later, the same Democratic Party, with the best of intentions, of course, say we're not going to comply with federal law. Because we don't want to. What advice would you give the mayor, mister attorney general.
Speaker 2: The same advice I would give anybody, which is follow the law. If you don't like the law, run for Congress and change it. Oh wait, he tried that, didn't he. But in any event, this is not a This is not a close matter. If you want to, you know, be welcoming to immigrants, that's great. If you want to try to do things to make their assimilation into our country better, that's great. But we're talking about illegal immigration here. We're talking about people who came here not through the front door, but who are here unlawfully, and many of them are violent criminals with convictions on their record.
Speaker 3: This is not a close call.
Speaker 1: In fact, the school board is doing similar things. The school board is issuing memos to teachers and principles and schools about how to handle non compliance with federal law, what to do, what not to do. In fact, to give advice. This one story in the inquiry talks about the families are scared. Attendance is way down in the public school system. Have to have pure of all issue to statement the mayor saying that he's the child of immigrants from the Himalayans, and I think that's great. The differential is after have pure of all's parents, I assume are illegal and af to have pure of all. The mayor was born here, But somehow they obscure the line between legal and illegal. You're the attorney general. You deal with that line all the time. But the federal law says you must comply, and so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Secondly, you issued a memo and you and also the Iowa Attorney General and others about Costco, of which I used to be a member, and now Costco wants to discriminate against certain races based upon skin color and or sexual orientation. Tell the American people, first of all the dispute with Costco and how they want to implement discriminatory policies against some of their suppliers.
Speaker 2: Well, it's this whole dei thing. And let's start off by recognizing that it's fine to have a workplace.
Speaker 3: Where everybody is welcome.
Speaker 2: In fact, it's against the law to discriminate because somebody is gay, or black, or Hispanic or Jewish or what have you. That's against the law. But as a Supreme Court said, the way to end discrimination based on race is to end all of it and DEI and begins with the idea that we are what we appear to be externally, that all of us who are have a particular skin color, or a particular culture or religion, ethnic origin, all have the same characteristics. Of course, that's simply not true, and it's contrary to the basic premise of America. Costco is doubling down on that, and I and I believe it's nineteen other attorneys general have warned them that they're really running a risk here being bound to violate the law.
Speaker 1: So by favoring one race over another, that's illegal to favor one adult over another based upon the kind of sex you enjoy, and Costco with the best of intentions, this is the real evil. Part of what Costco's decision is is this that they have tens of thousands of suppliers of products that are sold in their store at Costco, by the way, has been a great American company, and so it isn't just customers or employees being affected by this racial discrimination. What it is is telling hundreds of thousands of small business owners who want to sell products at Costco that in order to do so, you must comply with our DEI requirements. So to sell a widget, to sell a cloth, to sell a TV set, to sell a piece of hardware to Costco, if you're a small supplier, you must sign a written statement that I hereby comply with DEI requirements of Costco. That's that's even worse. And I thought we had that wedding cake case that was determined out west somewhere that had a wedding cake that the maker was a what was a fundamentalist Christian that did not want to make a wedding cake for a gay wedding. Yeah, and then Supreme Court said you can do that. And so have you gotten any response from Costco at this point?
Speaker 3: We have not.
Speaker 2: We asked for them to respond within thirty days. But you know, it's worth noting that the entire corporate world is recognizing the DEI. However well intended it was to begin with, and however much the inclusivity part of that acronym might have been the goal, that it is actually entrenched racism, and it has demeaned the very many people from formerly marginalized communities who have achieved great success through hard work, merit and talent you know the phrase, dee I hire. My wife was with somebody yesterday from California, a person of color with purple hair, who probably would not have voted anything like I do. But this woman was brilliant and she was talking to a group of people, and afterwards she was talking to my wife and just railing about DEI because people assumed that because of the way she looks, that she was given some kind of unfair press preference.
Speaker 3: That's not fair to her either.
Speaker 2: It's divisive to our country, and companies from McDonald's onward are abandoning these policies because they just don't work, and in fact, they're actually perpetuating the racial divisions among us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it also demeans the good contributions of legal immigrants and also persons of color who may certainly have obtained with the head through merit and that their skin color. I don't want a person's skin color to be a benefit or a cost. The kind of sex that I enjoy should not be relevant in the employment situation, and to require your employees.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about what kind of sex you enjoy, Bill, No one does.
Speaker 1: And so if someone's gay, bisexual, intersex I think there's two sexes. I think there's two genders. I can maybe identify, maybe I can speak through a different gender, but that doesn't change XX and XY. It is what it is. I'm never going to be able to have a baby, despite my desire to have one. I don't think is ever going to happen. But to have a corporate structure that would say, you know, we're going to hire fire and spend millions of dollars with a supplier based upon your adherence to left wing principles is almost anti American.
Speaker 2: I would say not almost, It just is, and it's time to correct it. Now.
Speaker 1: What is the response from Costco at this point if any.
Speaker 2: Well, their official you know, to the media response is they don't discriminate against anybody, no way, no how, and their DEI doesn't do anything of the sort, and everybody is just a big misunderstanding, you know. That's the press statement. We'll see what the actual facts are. And here's the thing. And I'm not threatening anything from Ohio. And I don't know what my colleagues are going to do, but there's nineteen attorneys general that are honest. It only takes one to start an investigation and press releases aren't going to cut it. Facts are what matters in the proof of the case and the proof of a thing. And I have a feeling that somebody is going to go digging if you know, they want to play the stonewall game, and.
Speaker 1: I would imagine it through a discovery you can find out every email, every costco policy, everything possible to ferret out whether or not they discriminate based upon race, which of course is the heart of DEI is favoring one person over another because your membership and a race, or because of your alternative lifestyles, that somehow you can discover that completely. And so getting back quickly because of this issue which is going to percolate Butler County jails accepting ice detainee, same thing in Iaga County elsewhere And as far, I'm pulling up from a website about a teacher and I'm sure she's well intended. Her name is Adelaine Cruisy, a signed teacher at Aiken New Tech High School. She addressed the school board on Monday, sharing stories from the immigrant students she teaches that come from the Republic of the Congo, from Syria, and from Venezuela. And she said quote, these students have fought through tremendous evil for the privilege to study here in Cincinnati. Crusy and two other district teachers said half their students didn't come to school last week. She said, our students currently are living in fear they're going to be deported. And I'm thinking, well, yes, and it's not their fault that they're here, but they're parents or whoever brought them here legally, they don't belong here, and they should have a fear having committed crime of being deported. I have sympathy for a ten year old or a fourteen year old that is not an adult and manipulated to come here by certain means. And if I was in Congo, I'd want to come to America too, But damn it, it's got to be legal. If they don't enforce the law, it's kind of a what, mister Attorney General, would you make to the school board and the mayor's especially after a perival about what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Well, I said what I have to say to the officials, But I have something to say to your listeners and particularly the ones who are recognizing that this is uncomfortable, that this is even a tragedy for some of it from some of the people involved.
Speaker 3: There's going to be heartbreak. This is not the fault of the law.
Speaker 2: It is not the fault of the current administration or law enforcement officials that are carrying out their duties and following their oath. All of this belongs to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and their band of Mary rebels who ignored the law, violated their oaths for years, and allowed this situation to develop. Ohio and America have always welcomed legal immigrants, immigration and immigrants. I'm the grandson of immigrants. My wife is the daughter of immigrants.
Speaker 3: You do it right.
Speaker 2: And the heartbreak and the tragedy that's going on in different places, the individual stories are exactly why the American people rejected the Democrats and their progressive ideas. And now we got to clean up.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, in the situation for two or three hundred years, the Democrats ignored federal law and brutalized black folks for centuries, and now here we are in the twenty first century, they want to again ignore federal law, ignore the civil rights of so many, and simply impose what they think they law ought to be in the same Democratic Party that stood in the doorway in Little Rock, Arkansas is now telling students to violate federal law. It doesn't stop. But David yos and lastly, about a minute remaining, are you going to run for the position of governor next year?
Speaker 2: We made a formal announcement last week, and I'm looking forward to being in every county, every community, and talking with the people of this great state as I make my case for why I can lead this state into not only its former glory, but even better higher places.
Speaker 1: Do you fear for veg Ramaswami?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I do respect him. I'm just feel a little bad for my friend because just like Iowa, where he came in fourth with three percent of the vote, I'm concerned he's going to while he's making me better, competition's spend an awful lot of money for nothing. He's got a lot of that. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: David Yose, mister attorneys, mister attorney general, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and David, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: God bless you all. Let's continue with more. There's the message failure to comply with federal law. Tell the Democrats once again is a crime, it's a felony, and the law will be enforced on seven hundred WLW