Speaker 1: And good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is timed out for our community connection. And today we have our friends from Lighthouse Outreach Center Eral. It's always great to have you on board. But you brought friends to he brought ladies with me.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're glad to have an opportunity to be with you and bring.
Speaker 3: Some people to share about the Lighthouse.
Speaker 1: And we've got a lot going on. First of all, we have an upcoming film documentary it's called Americans with No Address and that is coming up Sunday at East Cross Church at six point thirty pm. Interesting because that's a very big topic of conversation these days.
Speaker 3: Right the movie was made.
Speaker 2: This is the documentary of the filming of the movie. The movie itself is about a story about people that are having no address in how God's working in their life and what's going on. But the documentary talks about they did a tour across the United States.
Speaker 3: Stopped at different shelters across.
Speaker 2: The United States is homeless people and saw different situations throughout the nation, so you can see the scope of the homelesses.
Speaker 3: It's nationwide.
Speaker 1: At Lighthouse Outreach that's a strange occurrence. That is something that we work handed hand with getting people back into the mainstream.
Speaker 3: Every day.
Speaker 2: We have people that come from all different situations, some of them coming from outside, living outdoors and with no address actually, and some of them are brought here by friends a family.
Speaker 3: That need a place for them to stay.
Speaker 2: Some of them the law enforcement brings people time time and to get released from jail and need a place for them to stay. Sometimes they come from a rehab program, need a second secondary stop in the recovery. And it's exciting to see the changes. We've got a lady right now, she's a single mother, three kids. She's moving out this whend this Friday. She's got her life together. She's moving back with.
Speaker 3: Her mom or mom has her older son who's got some physical difficulties. But she told me the other day, I.
Speaker 2: Said it's a good thing, because sometimes it's not a good thing. She said, yes, she said, last time I been to my mom, my mom said you're different than what she used to be.
Speaker 3: Wow, And that's a wonderful, powerful statement and a different meaning good.
Speaker 2: And she's got a job working for a medical group up there and where she's moving to in Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: So Wow, it's a great thing. Now I lived to welcome back.
Speaker 1: You've been here a time for three or four. Yeah, Like we were talking about being holeless, and now I understand that we actually have folks from Lighthouse because they have a.
Speaker 3: Whole now vote yes. It's just.
Speaker 4: They get excited about the fact that they have never voted before and now that they haven't address it's been permanent for a while.
Speaker 5: I think we've had seventeen or eighteen.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's oppressive new.
Speaker 4: Voters for the Lighthouse, which is a pretty good person each when you consider we have children and young people there too, so and we've made a real effort and we're proud of that fact and they're excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sally with this here, Sally, you're a dorm super vicere Yes, how you like that.
Speaker 5: It's a challenge, but it's fun.
Speaker 6: I get to help other people and that helps me too.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I'm still growing and covering from my addictions and stuff. You know, I was living out in the tent for a week and the heat and oh.
Speaker 5: What couldn't have been my bath was more like a bug spray.
Speaker 6: And the coyotes, you know, they're pretty scary at night, you know, busy, it's not fresh light.
Speaker 5: I didn't get much sleep.
Speaker 6: I showed up at the die House crying, standing at the front door, and I didn't have any hours on.
Speaker 5: The front door. I was just standing there and I.
Speaker 6: Rang the doorbell twice and nobody come around. And I pushed a little button and said hello, nobody come around. Seeing people coming out the back door, and I'm like, well, I had to go over there and see somebody getting somebody out of talk with my feet just stayed planned. And then Joe Clark come through the door and put his Bible in his hand, open the door, and he said, I really don't have anything. I said, I just need a small space, because honestly I was I was on the verge of committing suicidey and.
Speaker 5: I was just mentally gone. I was just done.
Speaker 6: You'd hit rock bother I thought I'd hit rock Bunton before, but that was that was the bottom. And Joe said, let me work a few things around. I really don't have any room and gave him the weekend. Called me Monday, seven o'clock Monday morning. I'm on the phone. He said, I still haven't gotten no room yet, but he found me a spot. Wow, and it saved my life from a young age.
Speaker 5: When my mother passed, I used to go to church and they just pray and God'll fix it.
Speaker 6: And then when she passed when I was eleven, it's like you lied to me, you know, so I kind of quit believing.
Speaker 5: I am going to be sixty one next month. And I believe in God and he works, He work miracles I do.
Speaker 6: I say a lot of praying for I pray in the chapel every morning and every evening. I pray for strength and guidance and the work and the wisdom, and I try to help others because you know, it's never too late to get help. I thought I was addicted to drugs, an alcoholic. I started drinking like a fifteen, So Devil's had a hold on.
Speaker 5: Me for a long time.
Speaker 6: And I just pray for God to, you know, help break them chains and keep the shield around me.
Speaker 5: And they've saved my life. And now I'm a.
Speaker 6: Dorm supervisor, just barely off of my two week So what do you call that striction? Restriction you keep you in place, you know, keeple drounded. And I was just like I just felt it on my skin. I gotta get this done and get this done.
Speaker 5: You're in the right spot.
Speaker 6: Just slow down, take it easy. You know, we've got the right people around you.
Speaker 5: And I's fear they can see them all away.
Speaker 6: I'm just like so, I just picked one thing a day and start getting everything, get my ducks in a row. And I'm very proud of what how far I came. And I couldn't have done it without him.
Speaker 1: You must a couple of ways, because I'm looking at a woman here. I never would have guessed, ever had problem one. I see a smile, I see radiance, I see positivity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that a few it's gonna absent for many years.
Speaker 3: Well, it looks a good idea today.
Speaker 5: Thank you. It feels good. It feels good.
Speaker 1: Good today.
Speaker 5: He works miracles, he does, he does.
Speaker 1: That's just one of the video miracles we hear at that lighthouse.
Speaker 6: And there's so many that need help. Don't be afraid to ask for help. It's out there. I wasn't one to ask anybody. I was always independent. It's at a tough girl, you know. And I can do it by myself. You know, I'm too old to change. I've done it for too long. It's never never, never too late. Never too late.
Speaker 5: God is there all the time for you.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, Linda. This is just one of the many great stories that come out from the Lighthouse outreach.
Speaker 3: It happens every day, really absolutely.
Speaker 4: And I think that's one of the things with this movie that we have coming up on Sunday really emphasizes that homelessness doesn't mean the stereotypical view that a lot of people have of homelessness.
Speaker 5: You know, there are people. Everybody makes bad choices, but there are some people that were really dealt to bad hand and the kids.
Speaker 4: This movie also follows the storyline of a gal that turned eighteen and aged out of foster care nowhere to go. You know, when she turned eighteen, the foster parents.
Speaker 5: Locked the doors on her.
Speaker 4: So we just want to emphasize that this is a problem everywhere. The average man who becomes homeless is after he's fifty years old. So you know, there's just a lot of information out there and we want to help put This documentary is great. You hear documentary and you think boring, but this one is amazing. We got to see it this spring. It will touch your heart in so many ways.
Speaker 1: Now this is going to be Sunday at six thirty.
Speaker 5: Sunday six thirty.
Speaker 4: East Cross Churches are host free popcorn and drinks.
Speaker 3: Do I have to get a ticket?
Speaker 5: You do not have to register. It's free.
Speaker 4: Just come, bring a friend, we'll have a great time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is amazing, girl. How does it get done there at the Lighthouse. God's got God's in control. I know that.
Speaker 3: It's just amazing.
Speaker 2: And part of it is the legacy when Naomi started at twenty some years ago.
Speaker 3: Naomi passed away.
Speaker 2: About a month ago, and I believe the city really owes her a great debt of gratitude and appreciation. We're looking at what we can do to honor her, and we've got some things in the works we might be able to do in our area, right back there where the Lighthouse is founded. But it was based on prayer, and it was based on helping a person's life, get their life changed by a heart change.
Speaker 3: It has to be a heart change, because.
Speaker 2: If we just feed people, if we just clothe them, we just get them a job or get them to the doctor or whatever, and don't address the deepest issue every person has, and that's their spiritual condition, their relationship with God, then we failed them.
Speaker 3: We may have helped them have a.
Speaker 2: Little better life now, but they're going to die with or without God, and we are part of our job is to help them. And once this person turns life over to God, these other things begin to fall into place.
Speaker 3: It's not easy, it's not simple, but there's a way out.
Speaker 2: You've got somebody guiding you, and you've got some principles to help you, and you've got a whole host of Christian community.
Speaker 3: To give you support and encouragement.
Speaker 2: So the life change has to be the main emphasis of any kind of ministry that's trying to help people get their life turned around. We have people from all different satuations. We've got a young man there now, he's twenty six years old, to believe, he's got two years of law school, and he came to us homeless and needs help.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: In God's work in his life, we're seeing a great change. And just like in Sally, sometimes you can just see in a person there's just something more there than what looks like.
Speaker 3: On the surface.
Speaker 2: And that young man has got a lot of potential. Hopefully he'll be able to continue to go back into finish up his law degree, but there's something going to be taking character before then, and we're working with him on that.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: We used to get these nice little invitations there right now, and again I have no I said, I got to read this, and then Garrett would go and visit with you. You have these tours every day and again tell the story of lighthouse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we invite the community to come in and have a free lunch with our residents.
Speaker 5: Take a quick tour.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of new things going on there.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 4: We always have a great attendance, have a great meal. Our next one attendatively scheduled for December third, all right, and we have them about every six to eight weeks, depending on when a holiday's holidays that if you don't get an invitation and you want one, call the lighthouse.
Speaker 1: Now. We also run on the generosity of our friend to neighbors too, So if somebody wants to make a contribution that's really going to go a long way at someone's life, can they just get a hold of you at the lighthouse.
Speaker 4: They and we also have opportunities now that if people would like to.
Speaker 5: Sponsor one of those I had no idea lunches.
Speaker 4: That's a new opportunity now and you can just you know, eat nellis info at Bartlesville Whitehouse dot org or give us a call or go out to our website. It's a great resource. It's just Bartlesville Lighthouse dot org. You can contact us, you can donate there. You can walk in the door in hand and so check them.
Speaker 3: We'll take it. I put it into good roly.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of churches have partnered up with you one way, chiep or form or another to afform it an association, whether it servian meals.
Speaker 3: Or just help it out.
Speaker 2: There's the three different ways that churches help us significantly. One is that we have about nine churches that serve a meal once a month. They prepare meal, bring it down there, and the people in the church get to serve the meal, get to visit the people interact. It's a wonderful opportunity to have a mission right here in our own local community. And it helps us with our financial budget also. And then also we have pastors from different churches come and do messages chapel for us, and we've got I used to doing most of the chapels, but now if I could to a chapel.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while.
Speaker 2: It's an occasional and I love doing it. But we've got so many good pastors coming right now, and they just seem to relate to the people. And they're from all different Church of Christ, Salvation Army, Highland Park, Baptists for All Humanity, Wesleyan, just a bunch of different sources. And we have many nights coming from Freedom into Kansas once a month's been coming from about fifteen years now. They do a special service for us, all a capellal, beautiful singing of hymns, just a wonderful opportunity to see a variety of Christian experiences for gent to the people. So and then another thing, some churches put us in their budget. Every month we get a check from the church from their mission budget. Some churches take a special offering once.
Speaker 3: In a while.
Speaker 2: East Cross it does a mountain of food every year, gives us about seven thousand dollars worth of food, and we're getting ready for that. They're already collecting it at the church there. And so there are just so many ways that people help us out. And I'd love to come and speak at your church, bring a resident or to to give it their testimony. So there's a lot of opportunities for church to become involved. And you know, we think of missions is overseas, but we've got missions right here.
Speaker 3: It's coming to us right here, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Live and tell us where we can find again we Partlespiel.
Speaker 4: Whitehouse dot Org is our website and that's a it's you can connect directly through us. There.
Speaker 5: You can donate to the White House.
Speaker 4: We have a list of our wishes and wants and needs. If you want to donate, or you can sign up to come. Just take a tour anytime.
Speaker 1: And you can eat.
Speaker 3: Sally.
Speaker 6: I would like to add we have simplus sized women and we pigurely use some plus sized donations. Okay, I'm trying to find shoes for one young lady in my dorm and I'm having a hard time with that.
Speaker 5: But she's got a pair of flip flops. That's all she's got.
Speaker 3: Let's see if we can change that.
Speaker 6: Ye sim plus size I mean for boy X and joiceyea women, Yeah, yeah, you got Well we've got a couple of those.
Speaker 1: Well, well we put the word out. Let's see, we'd get right there to the lighthouse, followed the week.
Speaker 5: Follow the light, it would be highly appreciated.
Speaker 1: You great I want to thank you all for coming in today. Don't in the movie Sunday night, six point thirty and that is at East Cross Church, the upcoming film documentary Americans with No Address.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for being here.