Speaker 1: Told that Ukraine was gonna win Clay Travis at buck Sexton today at noon on fifty five k r C the talk station.
Speaker 2: Fital five. I think about k r C the talk station Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Was a vacation.
Speaker 4: I'm the dude man.
Speaker 2: You may be. I am Brian Thomas and a happy money to you, trying to make it happy anyway. I'm just trying to make some sense out of the craziness going on in the world, which is a true struggle. Although I have some interesting uh well I think interesting thoughts and comments. Is I try to step back from the fog of the craziness going on in the world, not the situation, the devolving situation between US and Ukraine and our NATO friends and really kind of wondering whether actually friends or not. Anyway, coming on the fifty five Carsey Morning Show seven twenty every Monday with the former Vice Mayor of the city since snat Christopher smitheman for the Smith event. As is always the case, don't know what he wants to talk about. Always enjoy the conversation, his thoughts and comments, and I hope you do as well, which is one of the reasons why it gets me out of bed on a Monday. At least I know I can count on Christopher being on the rundown. Also Money Monday with Brian James every Monday at eight oh five. Today we'll talk about the first quarter GDP growth. We'll talk about food prices and inflation, which segues over to we should expect restaurant bankruptcies and finally four to one K balances seems that they're trending higher. At least that's the notes for Brian James on Monday Monday. Finally, we'll talk with the since Anava for KRC Cares at eight forty. I love my veteran friends out there. God bless each and every one of you, and I love hearing from you. If you got a thought or comment you want to pass along, maybe stir the pot feel free five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. And as I like to point out, I always remember, never forget fifty five care Sea dot com, get your podcasts, get your books, and get your iHeartMedia app so you can listen wherever you happen to be. Even if you're in a different state. Love. Hearing from folks in different states just blows my mind every time it happens. I'm stuck in the I think I'm stuck in the decades past Internet reality still hasn't sunk in for me. And that's okay. Anyway, again, stepping back from the reality is what's going on. I know everybody's all upset about this blow up that happened with Ukrainian President Zelensky and President Trump and JD. Vance this past what was it Friday. It's I think it's a lot of faux anger or reaction. I got a friend in France who you know, it's like, oh, Europe thinks. So it was just kind of an interesting exchange. And my perception, you know, just putting aside that politicians are narcissistic clowns. Generally speaking, I think we need to appreciate the fact that Ukraine on its own can't win that war. Russia's might is tremendous compared to what Ukraine's got left. I mean, they're going around and rounding up people, and I mean this has been going on for a long time. It's three years in a war, but they're going around rounding up people in bars and sending them front line people who don't necessarily want to fight. You got a lot of regions Ukraine that are ethnically Russian. They believe in align with Russia. And I suppose if you ask them, they'd rather be affiliated or be part of Russia than in independent Ukraine. Ukraine's not an ATO member. And is it worth going into World War or three over Ukraine? I mean, and recognizing the power and might of Russia relative to Ukraine. You know, negotiating a peace still is going to require some concessions on the part of the Ukraine, of the Ukrainian people. They're going to have to give up something because Russia right now has the upper hand. Looking at NATO alone, they don't have the military resources. They rely entirely on the United States, Which is really my fundamental point on all my observations. Everything seems to require our engagement and involvement. Why NATO's the one that's got most at stake here, They're the ones most at risk. They believe that Russia is an existential threat to their existence or their own independence, then man up. British Prime Minister Keir Starmer said yesterday you'repe prepared to take the lead in defense of Ukraine, fine, including troops and planes. But here's the big giant butt in the room needs the strong backing of the United States. After a summer with eighteen European leaders, Starmar said a coalition of the willing would defend a peace deal in Ukraine and said a number of countries have signaled that they want to be a part of a plan to bring durable peace to the country. Pasterte, what does that mean? A peace deal? That's what Trump was trying to negotiate, a resolution of the conflict. Now, if you substitute the United States in these negotiations, are they going to be come up with a able to come up with a better deal, then maybe Trump might help negotiate. Don't you think they are going to have to concee that Russia has the upper hand, has already taken over giant, well not giant chunks, but substantial chunks of Ukraine and is now holding them those chunks that really are ethnically Russian people. That there's gonna have to be some concessions to Russia and giving up pieces of Ukraine. Do you think the European Union can negotiate a quote unquote peace deal that results in Russia completely pulling out and restoring Ukraine's borders to where they were before Russia invaded them. And I'm not defending Russia's invasion. The side chatter on of this who's at fault, Who's at fault? Well, of course Russia is at fault. They're the ones that invaded. But a welcome invasion at least in so far as the ethnic Russians are concerned, that's the side they want to be on. It's like all those Illinois counties that want to be part of Indiana who are being held hostage here.
Speaker 5: Star war.
Speaker 2: Not every nation will to feel able to contribute, but that can't mean that we sit back. Instead, those will will intensify planning now with real urgency word word word word word word. The UK is prepared to back this with boots on the ground and planes in the air. Europe must do the heavy lifting. Well, fine, Europe, you should have been doing the heavy lifting. Can you do the heavy lifting though you've depleted your military, you haven't invested in military because we've been funding the whole ooh almost oh, I caught myself from an sec violation. I'm a little heated about this this morning. There wouldn't be a it wouldn't be a NATO if it wasn't for the United States funding it. To be clear, Starmer said, we agree with mister Trump on the urgent need for a durable peace. There's those words again, peace. What does that specifically mean? Prime Minister Starmer? What do you mean when you want to negotiate peace? What kind of deal are you going to create? You're gonna sit down with Putin? What's Putin gonna demand? Putin's gonna demand some land? Are you willing to negotiate that? And then the aftermath because everbody said, wha, what's gonna keep Putin from reinvading Ukraine? We need troops and military hardware enter the United States again, That's why they keep pivoting back to the United States. Now this Friday devolvement, the discussion grew so heat to the White House scrapped the signing ceremony for an agreement that would have grown to the United States access to Ukraine's rare earth mentals in exchange for continued support. In exchange for continued support, we finally get something back in return for the billions of dollars that we're throwing at this pointless war. I don't have a problem with that. Rather than US unilaterally giving up and were broke. By the way, I'm sorry, I have to throw the reality into the room. Thirty six trillion dollars in the whole debt service now at a trillion dollars annually. We're blank and broke man. And yet we're expected to continue to throw billions and billions and billions of dollars in aid to NATO. Generally speaking, and of this specific conflict in Ukraine, everybody turns to us. Everybody turns to us. Trump said he determined that Zelunsky is not ready for peace if America is involved, because he feels our involvement gives him a big advantage in negotiations. Well, no kidding, because apparently without our involvement in our military hardware and the billions of dollars of aid, they'd have lost the war already. Starmar said yesterday Prime Prime Minister, nobody wanted to see what happened last Friday, But I do not accept that the US is an unreliable ally. The US has been a reliable ally of the UK for many many decades and continues to be. There are no two countries as closely along as ours. Our defense AHA, our security HA, and our intelligence is intertwined in a way. No two other countries are. Well, that's probably all accurate. How big is the United Kingdom's military now that we have been sort of the police force of the entire Natal Alliance since the end of World War two? Starmer, for his part, said he announced a two billion dollar export financing toe of the Ukraine to purchase five thousand air defense missiles manufactured in Belfast. Ah, the military industrial complex exists outside of the United States. You didn't know there were weapon manufacturers in Belfast, did you? He signed a two point seven billion dollar loan for additional military Ukraine. Note that that's alone, not a gift. We haven't been loaning. We've just been giving away. And Trump was trying to negotiate some measure of protection for the United States and mechanism to maybe benefit us in return for military hardware by way of the minerals deal. That was the point of that. Sorry, no more free lunch man. You better give us something in return for what we are taking from us. You're not entitled to our money, our weapons, and our support. British Ambassador of the United States Peter Mandelssohn called for a reset between the US and Ukraine, encouraging Zelunsi to sign the minerals deal. He said, what helping sure the United States has a stake in Ukraine's future? He said, the United States must have a role in any peace deal. Now, pauls, I'm gonna ask yourself, why is that? Why do we have to be involved at all? Listen, I understand ice Relationianism isn't a practical foreign policy, to quote Casablanca, But how is it that we are the crutch upon which the world relies in in negotiating peace deals. What if you just sort of, you know, magically took us out of the equation? What the hell would they do without us? Apparently nothing? Mandelssion this British Ambassador of the United States said on ABC's This Week, we would also like to see the United States giving us cover for this. We want to know the US is covering our backs in what we are putting into Ukraine on the ground that there is some sort of ultimate backstop if things get really nasty. He said, the Russians need to know they are going to answer to the United States as well as to the Europeans on the It sound like world War three to you. It seems to me to be the desire of these leaders. It's like, you know, we're just gonna go headlong into World War three. You know, maybe for those folks out there that are interested in population control, there's your answer. The Malthusians will love it. Boy will wipe out half the world with nuclear weapons, and we won't have all these cockroaches that the globalists and the Greens call well killers of the planet if we eradicate a whole bunch of them. I don't know. I hate to go down that road and make those things assertions out loud, but what in the hell is going on here? But it really does give you a sense of perspective, doesn't it. Everyone keeps turning to us, Everyone keeps turning to us. They have been relying upon us now for decades and decades, and I'm sorry, going back to the fundamental point here, we're broke. Five eighteen fifty five kc DE talk station. Feel free to call. I've love to hear what you think about this. I'm baffled. I am completely perplexed. I'll be right back. Surprize of how cold it is. Didn't seem that way when I walked out to my car this morning, about twenty two on a Monday. Let's go to the Phone's got several callers online and we'll start with Mississippi James, and we'll get to New Hampshire, Gary, my out of state friends, James. Welcome back, my friend. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, doctor Brian. Now I did a little dive.
Speaker 5: I didn't do.
Speaker 6: A deep dive until Ukraine. But they say this go back to the nineties when Ukraine surrenders is nuclear arms capability in exchange for the United States and the European nation protected them against all foreign affairs. So this stuff had been brought forward to today. Now we know the war been going on for three years. We don't see where Joe track to negotiate in it. I mean, we don't know to underline it. But yeah, they did supply to the money and the ammunition. Because Ukraine supposed to gave up their capability in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Well, we didn't provide them with a defense obligation. There's no written treaty that said the European Union or the United States would send military troops or boots on the ground to defend them militarily. Now, we've got this relationship with NATO countries, so if one of the NATO countries is invader, the United States has a defense obligation. But I haven't seen anywhere where it's written that we have to defend Ukraine against the foreign invader.
Speaker 6: Well, not by sinning, not by senning military, which we have not done that. We just send money and they quit. Yeah, it's a proxy war, so if they you know, like I said, I didn't do a deep dive into it and still got to do my research, but that's what I came up with. This goes back to the nineties. So you may have a much smarter call of more informed callers than I am that may be able to shine some more light on this.
Speaker 5: All right, have a good day here YouTube.
Speaker 2: James. Always good to hear from you, my friend. We have time for another one, Joe. Yes, we do a new Hampshire. Gary. Welcome back to the Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Gary.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess Gary's not going to be speaking with us this morning, so anyhow we're at the time. In this segment, Pat You'll be first out of the gate when I get back. Hang on, got a brief few brief words here, and we'll resume the conversation. Is Monday liking or if five one three seven eight hundred two three talk timet five fifty on eighth and funds. As promise, Charlie, hang on because Pat's first out of the gate. As promise, Pat, thanks for holding over the break there. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Oh thank you, Brian. I'm about as up that as you are. One thing that I wanted to know, Uh Lizinsky had breakfast with some Democrats and some Republicans before he went to meet with uh Donald Trump. The thing is, I want to know who the Democrats and the repair Well we know some of the dumbs because she was one yesterday. But anyway, it seems to me like they might have pumped him up the you know, to go after uh Donald Trump, because Trump is trying to get the peace and the war, and I think uh Lizinsky, with all the billions that he's got, he doesn't even know where half of it is. I just want to know what they said to him that got him to do what he did at the White House. So but anyway, Brian, if there's a person out there that digs into the stuff, I like to know who they.
Speaker 8: All were at the breakfast.
Speaker 7: Yeah, anyway, sweetheart, you have a try to stay call them.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to calm down, have a good day, and keep praying for the country.
Speaker 2: Thanks Pat, Yes, absolutely pray for the country that we're because we're broke. Going back to that fundamental promise, we are going to spend ourselves into our oblivion. Therein lies the challenge. I mean, Lord Almighty, the world has its hand in our pocket. That's my observation. I was like, what prompted this rant this morning? You know, peace beasp spaces, United States, Peace beast pa species. But we need the United States and just really try to be you know, step a ten thousand foot level. And he's so, wait a second, why does the rest of the world think it needs our approval or that we need to blessed lay our hands upon whatever negotiation they want to enter in to. It's because we keep funding every blanket project in the world. We keep throwing all of our the money that doesn't exist out into the world. They are hooked up with like an umbilical court to the United States pocketbook. I think that's what needs to stop. Oh yes, that will lower our power and influence in the world. But you know, in the grand scheme of things, So what do you want to be hooked at? That was kind of the point I made to my friend in France. You know, I wouldn't want to be dependent upon us. Well, it's ruining your relationship with the NATO countries. Well well, you know, okay, let's pause some run and let's take again a ten thousand foot look at what NATO has become. Stiflers of free speech, pursuers of zero carbon and green energy, and they can't even afford to run their own plants because they've put themselves in that position Greta Thunberg dominating their energy policy. We pick and choose in the world who we want relationships with autocracies, you know, help We've got significant trade with China, who's our biggest genuine existential threat in the world. We don't see eye to eye with most of the NATO countries in terms of how they're run. Again, going back to free speech, for example, they don't allow it. Isn't that a human rights abuse? Stifling individual thought? Yes? We have historic relationship with NATO. How we rebuilt most of those countries in the aftermath of World War Two. We trade with them. If it wasn't for US, I don't think that they would be as economically successful as they are. Same thing with China are imbalance with China is overwhelming? Why because with the wealthiest country in the world sort of kind of ignoring our massive debt. See what Charlie's got this morning, Charlie, Welcome in the Morning Show. Sorry for my rent there. I wanted to get to your call. Welcome.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I love your program, Brian.
Speaker 9: I try to listen to it as often as I can too. Comments. I think that is it the Dunbar region. I think they're mostly epic Russians? Yes, why not just give that to the Russians. That's an exchange for Russia leaving and then Russia allowing a huge buffer zone between Russia and Ukraine following this, and that way we'll have at least a tenuous piece. That's my first comment.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean and that that goes to my point about ethnic Russians there, that the Dunbass region or Dunbar region is mostly oh with Russia because they are ethnically Russian, and they relate to Russia and not Ukraine as an independent country. I mean, it doesn't it's not an affront to them to be a part of Russia. That's the point. And to negotiate a peace because Russia's got the upper hand militarily, it's going to require some land concessions. Anybody practically reals life realize. That's why Puttin is like, hey, screw you guys. You know we're winning, and do we want to risk World War three by putting a whole bunch of troops in there in order to sustain the Russia or the Ukrainian front from further incursions by Russia? Is it worth global devastation for that. I'm of the mind to say, no, it's not. So everybody's talking about peace, what does peace mean? Vladimir Putin's gonna say peace requires land concessions. We're winning the war. I've got no reason to give up on the advances we've made. Besides, go ahead and do a poll of the people in the areas that we've taken over, and they'll probably say they're okay with being part of Russia. That's I mean, that's kind of where I'm going here. They talk piece piece piece piece piece, but they never articulate out loud they mean the NATO countries who are now I guess, taking the front on negotiating a piece. They never say out loud what that means.
Speaker 5: Glad to me.
Speaker 2: Puttin's going to have a say in that, isn't he right? Five point thirty five fifty five k se DE Talk station. Feel free to call or pause and let's get away from the headier conflicts and my rant this morning and dive into the stack is stupid. Oh parenthetically, PG sitting Feld is going to try to take his case to the Supreme Court. Just getting in a little headlining there from the local stories that I didn't get to anybody placing bets on whether he's going. They're going to accept it. Stick around, be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Run a business for fifty five.
Speaker 2: Care or see the talk station. I'm very happy Monday for you. Try to make it so anyway, Just feeling a bit hot under the collar this morning. If you can't tell anyway, five one three hundred and eighty two to three Talk con five fifty on AT and T funds before we get to the stack of stupid. I got Dwayne on the line. Dwayne, thanks for calling this morning in a very happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Brian, Happy Monday.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 10: Hey.
Speaker 12: I think I think Trump advanced just out at Zelensky for what he is. Can basically put our corrupt politicians on notice who were lining their pockets from this money laundry operation. The big thing to remember is our country, through USAID funded a CIA news organization. Remember the whistleblower, Lieutenant Colonel Vinman, who uh out at Trump on the perfect phone call, and Zelensky through Trump under the bus, and that's why he got impeached. So Trump did not forget that, let me tell you. So he embarrassed Zelenski. And now, of course Finman is a Democrat congressman, so they rewarded him by testifying to impeach Trump. And now he's a Democratic congressman for using our tax dollars through USAID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know that's another important fundamental point. Ukraine does not have clean hands. It has notably been a very corrupt country. It's as if you know, we were when people he said, oh we need to defend Ukraine, need to defend Ukraine. And that's why I mentioned about picking and choosing the countries that we are willing to have relationships with and those we are not. You know, there are countries we work with all the time that are terrible with human rights abuses, and there are countries that we refuse to work with because well, you know, they're autocracies, or they're you know, they're communists, or I mean, fill in the blank. You just sort of pick and chew is what sins are going to justify or not justify a relationship with, or you're willing to overlook them. But Ukraine does not have clean hands at all. And you go back to the Biden administration. You think about you know, Hunter Biden's relationship Barissmal Holdings. You know, there's corruption all day long. So yeah, it just there's so much to take into account here. And this isn't a black and white situation. It is as gray and as obtuse and and foggy as anything could possibly be. Appreciate the call, Dwayne, I really do. This whole thing's got me really down over to the stack of stupid. But you can feel free to call anyway interrupt the stacker stupid, I don't mind. I thought this was hilarious. City Group accidentally credited a client's account with are you ready eighty one trillion dollars last April? Can you imagine waking up and you got eighty one billion dollars in a year account? Financial Times report of the incident that went unreported until now. It happened last April. They mistakenly entered an internal transfer of eighty one trillion dollars into a client account when the intended amount was two hundred and eighty dollars. Actually it was April of twenty twenty two, so that it managed to slip through the banks in initial checks and balances. Accord to the internal account of the event seen by Financial Times as well as two people familiar with the matter, eighty one trillion dollar error missed by both the payment employee responsible for the transaction and a second official task with verifying it before being approved or processing the following business day wasn't until ninety minutes after the payment posted that a third employee caught the discrepancye while reviewing the bank's account balances. Payment then reversed several hours later. No client funds actually left City Group. The bank was did the disclosure the quote near miss close quote to the Federal Reserve and the Office of the Comptroller of Currency. The bank has been under regulatory scrutiny since mistakenly wiring nine hundred million dollars to Revlon creditors back in twenty twenty, an era that led to the departure of then CEO Michael Corbett, as well as hefty fines. Wow, we got to Saint Louis where a forty one year old man's been charged with attacking his parents after an argument about the Internet going down at their home. Just away. Yeah, just unplug the router and then plug it back in again. It's called a reboot. Saint Louis Metropolitan Police arrested Martice Fulton Sunday, charging with two counts a third degree domestic assault. Forty save Police showed up at the home after multiple calls about a disturbance and met with Fulton's parents, who are seventy four and seventy three years old. Office has learned that after an argument about the Internet being down at the residence, Fulton allegedly attacked both of his parents, striking his father and mother and trying to strangle his father with a power cord. Do what also accused of throwing his mother to the ground. Not in front of Judge Silverio. Yes, the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies.
Speaker 5: There's no bigger.
Speaker 2: Douche than you. Obviously, not in front of Hamilton County Judge Silverstein. He's being held without bond five point forty five five care see the talk station. He's struggling with pain. I feel sorry for you, so many people are. Is your quality of life impacted by that chronic pain in your knees, your hips, your shoulders or other joints. You got trouble sleeping, walking, trouble with day to day movement? Do you want to avoid surgery and all the pain, long recovery and the of course uncertainty that goes along with surgery. And finally, you missed doing the things you love because joint pains holding you back, like walking, golfing, jogging, whatever your activity is having to be well. If you answered yes questions, you're probably a great candidate for QC Kinetics. Call QC Kinetics right now and ask for your free consultation to learn how the latest advances in regenitive medicine can get you long lasting pain relief with no drugs or surgery or downtime in office procedures. Find out if you're a good candidate for this drone natural biologic properties from your body placed right there at the source of your pain. So give QC Kinetics a call for again a free consultation. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's QC Kinetics. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 5: Many of you have been sold.
Speaker 2: Five fifty on a Monday fifty five KCV talk station A try to make it a good one five one three, seven fifty and two three talk. Lets jump out to the phone for I return to the stackers too, but I got Pete on the line. Pete, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Thanks Brian heys Linsky. I listen to Tucker. He said that the Lensky has been black markets selling our ammunition and equipment all over the black market around the world, and that even cartels in Mexico have some of our our equipment and ammunition to use against US as well as terrorist groups and usually Tucker's pretty spot off.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's exactly what I was going to say. I have no idea whether or not Tucker Carlson is right, but he usually is a very well informed guy, So I doubt he would go out on a ledge and make things up and say it out loud. So and it wouldn't wouldn't shock me a bit, Pete, honestly wouldn't trying to.
Speaker 13: Find out if the Linsey got a Swiss Bank account.
Speaker 2: Somewhere plural accounts, plural. Yeah, I'm sure he's taken well, taking care of himself financially for whatever future he has in store for him. Plus, you know he suspended elections. You know, talk about people need defending democracy. We need to defend democracy. We needed Well, you know why don't have an election? Well it's a war torn region. We can't have an election in a war torn region. Okay, just another fun factor throw into the mix when you're contemplating these things. And nobody's got clean hands in this, no one except I think we can all agree the biggest beneficiaries of an ongoing conflict the military industrial complex. Uh, let us return to the stack of stupid. We're you go to North Carolina. A woman is wonder for attempted murder after allegedly locking her boyfriend in a storage unit where he was stuck for some several days with no food or water before finally being rescued. Rob A fifty two year old Robin Deaton of Matthews, North Carolina, being sought on an attempted murder and kidnapping charges of an Roe Police Department said she remains at large. Fifty one year old boyfriend had been locked in the unit on Thursday. Beating allegedly convened to crawl to the back of the unit to get her something, and that's when she slammed the door shut, saying what the hell, this is what you get just he had no food, water, or power source. There were two locks on the storage unit. He said he was in that unit and his phone was about to die when he asked if he needed emergency services. I need to get out of here. I just can't breathe. I haven't had anything to drink or eat. Officers respond to the facility about a quarter after one on Monday afternoon. According to the incident report, Man taken to the area hospital since and has since been released. Into the report lists to the crime as false imprisonment, though the detectives sought higher charges for Deton's arrest want because based on the investigation Saint Louis County, Missouri, Webster Groves woman pointed a firearm at a Duncan Donuts drive through a tendant in spite of get after if she got a re fund for her order. In Saint Louis A gott County Friday Court investment Amen Joe Court, an investigator with the rock Hill Police Department, Ebony Gaither, thirty five, argued with the attendant about her order and ultimately got a refund. Investigator wrote, quote, defendant, apparently unsatisfied, takes the ceramic tip container from the counter and throws it, causing it to break. She then throws the food at the victim. The attendant followed Gaither out, began recording video and tried to get a photo of her license plate. Investigator wrote, defendant points a semi automatic pistol of victim. The victim states that law enforcement will get involved. According to court records, that's when Gayther got out of her car and approached the victim before trying to hit them in the face. Do what the hell everything captured on the victim's cell phone. Of course, Gaither are now facing charge of unlawful use of a weapon fourth degree the assault and property damage for pulling out a weapon during the argument, swinging her fist at the victim's head and breaking the tip jar bond fifty thousand dollars cash only ten percent not authorized obviously again not in front of Hamilton County Judge. Silverstein. Arrested Sunday. Gaylor said to appear in court Monday. The hearing was rescheduled for Tuesday because she wanted her attorney to be present. Yeah, that might help. Five fifty five five care see the talk station. You know, if the world would just learn your sound bite, Joe, just walk away, we would be in a much, much, much better place. Take a deep breath. Count to ten, and remember someone has a cell phone camera out and is recording your actions. Scary and o'relegan as that may be. You're gonna get caught from doing stupid things. Plenty to talk about in the six o'clock hour. Man, I got a stack of trainny Joe, you hit like eight articles, got a roll this morning. Prep for the show. Hang on, folks, be back after the news.
Speaker 5: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 14: Every day, I'm America's deadline is over.
Speaker 1: Fifty five care see the talk station, Get any.
Speaker 2: Six six at fifty five are see the talk station. We're happy, Happy Monday to you and Thomas. Looking for phone call if you'd like to call, and you direct the topic of conversation. I thoroughly enjoyed that five with three seven, four, nine, fifty five, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Town five fifty on AT and T phone, kind of move away from my rant on Ukraine. Boy, that had me going this morning in the five o'clock hour. If you're just tuning in, you feel free to find the podcast to that hour on fifty five car Ze dot com. Anyhow, just just the ultimate point. It's like the entire world keeps looking to us, keeps looking to us. They want to negotiate a peace. What does that mean? What?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 2: When? When France and in the UK want to take over the peace negotiation they talk about we need a piece, need a piece that the United States can buy into. Why why us? I think the point ultimately is I made it. Not going into more glorious rants. They've all got their hand in our pocket and we're broke, painfully, painfully broke. Anyway, I put a post on the idea on Facebook, and I's surprised that many people responded to it. Have you been seeing these demands for boycotts and don't buy anything? I guess in the name of I don't know, some sort of diversity equity inclusions, so sort of left wing ideologically driven concept that no, do not shop at fill in the blank store or do not buy anything on some given day. Let's stop the onomy from functioning and show them the power of the people. And then the next day comes and then you go out and buy the stuff that you didn't buy the prior day. I mean, that's kind of the reality of that. In my parallel was it's like a snow day. You know, the roads are closed, so you can't make it out to Kroger to buy your milk. You missed the opportunity to get ahead of the storm, so you're stuck at home. You're not out participating in economic activity because well, the roads are closed, or you're afraid of crashing your car because the roads are slick. Then what do you do? As soon as the roads are clear, you get in your car and you go out and you buy something. There's no overall economic impact. The only way to have an economic economic impact along the lines of what they suggest is going to happen is if you just commit to quit buying period. Done over with. I'm not buying anything anymore. And how would that serve society? Your friends and neighbors who are in the you know, are getting a paycheck related to an economic activity, which we all do. I don't know. It's just there's some idiots out there, truly, truly, and so I turn to Maine because Joe had a stack of training. Is what I'm calling it this morning. It's all these transgender athletes winning and competing against women and in the name of defending women's rights. It is indeed madness. Madness, Main's transgender madness. According to the editorial board of the Wall Street Journals, pretty much summing up everything I feel about this. Democrats want to know how so many voters abandoned them in November. They could take a gander at the progressive melt down in Maine, and I honestly am appalled at what they did in Maine. Last Tuesday, Maine House Representative voted to censure Republican representative Laurel Libby for posting photos of a transgender high school athlete on Facebook. The transgender athlete competed in boys track and field, then switched over to competing the girls pole art vault this year and won the Class B state championship. So Libby, in defensive women out there in the world, said this is outrageous and unfair to the many female athletes who work every day to succeed in the respective sports. So the progressives have a meltdown. They voted seventy five to seventy to formally reprimand this elected official for speaking her mind and exercising her right to free speech, which is guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States, and I'm willing to bet also embodied in Maine's own constitution, although I don't know that for a fact, I think every state has that. The censor mean. This is what it means. She isn't allowed to either speak or vote. She's not allowed to represent her constituents unless she issues an apology, and she said she's not going to do that. Under the main constitution, expelling a member requires two thirds majority, but state lawmakers have used the center as a backdoor to silence Miss Libby by a simple majority vote. Trying to speak in her own defense during the main House resolution to censor her representative, Libby repeatedly interrupted by other members challenging her remarks. My understanding also is that her microphone was turned off regularly during her efforts to defend herself in her position, so she posted her remarks on Facebook. The progressive left claims she was doxing a minor by posting the photo, stating the obvious, the state champions athlete has no reasonable expectation of privacy after winning a high profile championship. Taking pictures of those victories and distributing them in the press or internet is routine. Happens all the time, and there is no law prohibiting what Misslibby did, which is free political speech. Her posts did not attack the athlete that simply reposted the champion's picture and noted that the same athlete had placed fifth in the men's competition in a previous year. Those are statements of fact. Go ahead, run through your liberal fact checking site. Is the above true? Absolutely, the above is true. The legislature's censure of Miss libty also deprives her of the right to vote on legislation, which ultimately disenfranchises her constituents by denying them representation. Good point they make. What's to stop the majority party from centering any problematic lawmaker to make sure legislation passes. Democrats should be considering whether they really want to go down the road of regulating posts on social media. Now. For his part, Trump's executive order on transgender athletes says schools or education institutions that received Title nine funding cannot deny women an equal opportunity to participate in sports, noting that allowing transgender athletes to compete in women in sports is demeaning, unfair, and dangerous to women and girls. Most recently, Trump confronted me and Governor Janet Mills at a White House event over the state's refusal to abide by the executive order. On Tuesday, Attorney General Pam Bondi warrant officials in California, Maine, and Minnesota in a letter that they're going to face consequences they don't comply with federal law. Notably, I guess the funding is going to be pulled. How about that? And that happens all the time. And I use as an illustration what happened to Ohio back when I was in college. You know, if you don't raise the drinking age to twenty one, you are not going to get federal highway dollars. And we capitulated federal money always with strings attached. Administrations have a change of plans. They want to they reinterpret Title nine. Title nine protects women, not transgender men. And if you don't capitulate and follow what we believe Title nine to say and stand for, then you're not going to get your at your dollars. Fine, you can live without them. You can continue your transgender policies. You just don't. It just doesn't come along with federal funding. How firmly do you stand on those policies? Can you live without the funding? Then, the journal concludes the Republicans prospered politically in twenty twenty four by campaigning on the unfairness of forcing girls to compete against testosterone loaded transgender athletes. Now to dodge a debate over the policy, main Democrats who abuse their power by silencing a duly elected dissenter. They've learned nothing from the defeat. Amen to that, and this is so overwhelmingly rejected the idea of allowing men to compete against women merely because they say, one day, wake up and say I'm a gal. We need to just concede to that. We need to just say, Okay, you're a girl, and that means you're allowed to compete against these other girls, biological women, even though you're six too and weigh two hundred plus pounds. Is that right? Is it fair? Is it? Is it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: And the vast majority of people are overwhelmingly against it. And I'm sure the citizen remain feels the same way. And if you're one of her constituents, you don't have a representation anymore. They've just unplugged the First Amendment. This is the crazy world we live in, folks, and it is bat crap insane six fifteen fifty five ks DE talk station five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three town five fifty on your AT and T phone. Now, if you are, you're a child or planning on going to college, maybe you need some financial help. Lots of folks do. While I'm here to tell you, Emery, Federal Credit Union is accepting scholarships scholarship applications for its members. Another benefit of banking with Emory. I always say it's a better way to bank. Become a member at Emory and you will be eligible to participate in this scholarship program. Applicants must be planning to attend a two year or four year college in the fall as a full time student. Now there's certain other restrictions for apply, so I recommend you going to the website. For all the information, visit Emory FCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org. Applications must be postmarked by the end of this month, March thirty. First animals number four zero one zero. It's seven federally insured by NCUA, and of course they are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 15: Fifty five KRC. Get ready for the biggest year.
Speaker 2: Here you are with your Channel nine first morning weather forecast and a nice day today. It's going to be sunny, high forty eight. There's guys every night down to thirty eight. I have sixty Tomorrow it'll be cloudy and then around nine pm tomorrow evening wind and rain shows up. Going to get drop to fifty one overnight and rain will continue most of the day. On Wednesday, rain snow mixes possible overnight. They say forty to forty five miles per hour gusts are possible. Wednesday's high at fifty four. It's twenty two. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 5: Chuck from the UCUT Traffic Center.
Speaker 14: When it comes to multiple scross, trust the experts at you see Gardner in Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care and learn more at u sehelp dot com. Step bound seventy five continues slow off of the brand spends bridge to what's left of a truck fire block in the right two lanes before you.
Speaker 5: Got to Kyle's traffic through northern Kentucky.
Speaker 14: It's going to cost you close to an extra twenty minutes inbound seventy four. That's problem free, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station. It's six twenty fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday to you five three seven fifty two to three top five five fifty on AT and T phone fast forward one hour. This smith event every Monday at seven twenty former Vice Mayor of the city since Sint Christopher Smithman joins a program i thoroughly enjoy those conversations. He's a good man. Monday Monday with Brian James, I were going to talk about first quarter GDP growth, food prices and inflation, expect restaurant bankruptcyes topic number three and then four to one K balances trending higher question mark plus uh since AVA returns for car seacres at eight forty. I always enjoy supporting what they're doing over the VA for my veterans out there, my friends in the veteran community, get your Bourbon Raffle tickets. I don't think we sold them out. I'm really upset about that. Vets and Bruce Bourbon Raffle and Concert for a Cause information right there. Click the link at five krsee dot com. You yourself a ticket to win some bourbon and helping out veterans. At the same time, I love when we have more and more backlash to the climate agenda. This woke religion that is the climate agenda. Steep increases Washington Time's reporting on this. Thank you, Susan Friccio. Apparently, high energy bills leading customers in underscore the word democratic led states where they are pursuing zero carbon emissions and harming their own economies are now leading the citizenry to question renewable energy policies that have failed to deliver more reliable, less expensive electricity. Price hikes in New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, among other states of left consumers fuming. She writes, government leaders scrambling to provide relief as voters threatened to turn against them at the polls for implementing policies primarily blamed for the spike. And it is only the policies that are causing this. They've done this to themselves intentionally, Executive director of Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance. It feels like all of a sudden people woke up. I think over time, yes, the blame will be squarely on a elected leaders, and who else would it lie?
Speaker 6: In?
Speaker 2: Democrats seeking to eliminate all greenhouse gas emissions in Massachusetts by twenty fifty. A program encouraging residents to convert from natural gas to electric heat has significantly increased most monthly energy bills, in many cases by double or more, whittling away your spending power. And I think that's one of the farious elements behind all this. One resident Scott O'Donnell's electric bill for his eleven hundred square foot ranch home has nearly doubled over the last year. Six hundred and eighty five dollars bill for February for eleven hundred square feet two hundred and ninety bucks for heat, and get a load of this three hundred and ninety five dollars for what they call delivery charge, which includes a recently raised feed of funded program called Mass Save, which gives rebates to residents who convert to electric powered heat. The cost passed along to rate payers who I guess converted electric heat. Work the math out on that one. Governor of Mara, Healey, of course Democrat, recently approved a twenty five percent budget increase for the Mass Saved program, prioritizing the elimination of all fossil fuel heating in the state. Electric companies increased the fee to pay for the expanded program, adding that the electricity prices that were already among the highest in the nation. The state has it rejected installing natural gas pipelines and new fossil fuel or nuclear power plants. Get a load of this, rather than rely on their own pipelines and their own source of fossil fuel, which apparently they have because someone tried to get the power of the pipelines installed that was rejected. It imports most of its energy, including liquefied natural gas, at a much higher cost, from Canada, Norway and other countries. Massachusetts is buying natural gas from Canada, Norway and other countries, which doesn't make any sense to me from a logic and reason standpoint, because that means they're producing carbon, which they want to be carbon neutral. Go ahead, working out in your mind. They say a third of the state's energy comes from renewable sources, mostly solar. Major natural gas power plant shuddered in May, and the only state energy projects planned involve renewables, which of course don't produce a lot of electricity and don't work like solar when it's a cloudy outside. Kind of harsh Winners in New England as well, local television news interview the governor. She did not respond to an inquiry parenthetically from the Washington Times, but she did speak with local news that her administration is not to blame for the higher costs. Really, just because she says it doesn't mean people aren't smart enough to figure it out, is exactly her and the Democrats fault for implementing the policies which will cause their electricity bills to double. So she asked the Department of Public Utilities to take a look at the rates and do anything and everything we can as a state to lower heating bills. That's a quote from her. Well, look inwardly, get rid of your stupid policies which are directly related to causing the energy prices to go through the roof. She ordered energy companies to cut rates by at least five percent in March, saving consumers and average about fifteen bucks a month. Talk to the guy with the eleven hundred square foot ranch and see if that makes a difference in his world. Governor and other state officials say eliminating fossil fuel in the electric grid will provide cleaner air and reduce the impact of climate change, which they say is causing adverse weather events. Okay, you're on your own, Massachusetts. What are the surrounding states doing? Don't we all breathe the same air? Isn't the wind blowing from the west across our country, notably coming from China where they're belching out carbon and pollution every single day with their every day going online, new coal fired plants. That's yes, is the answer rhetorical question. According to Ray Kander, Deputy government affairs officer for the New Jersey Business and Industry Association, we have continuously warned the creating policies that set artificial deadlines for actions and discouraging new generation from sources that include natural gas, nuclear, as well as other renewables will result in much higher energy prices for New Jersey residents and businesses. That's over in New Jersey where they're bracing for a twenty percent increase this summer based on decarbonization policies that have led to reduce power supply economics, folks, laws of supply and demand less electricity more expensive. Big increase caused in part by the state's ambitious plans removed fossil fuels from the electric grid by shutting down coal and oiled fire plants, as well as state approved rising charges in utility customers bills to fund Maryland's energy efficient upgrades. They're whittling away you're spending power, folks. It's all artificial and it's all chasing your tail. Again, going back to the fact that we live on a globe where the air is circulated globally. See what India's doing, See what Turkey's doing, see what Rush is doing, see what China's doing, and look at us acting like idiots thinking that one action by one single state is going to have an impact on the climate. If you believe that carbon plant food is a bad thing. Six twenty eight, Brian, if you don't mind holding I will be happy to take your call right out of the gate. But first get in touch with Bud Herber Motors. It's springtime coming and you're going to have to cut your grass. You're gonna need some maybe some lawn trimming, like tree trimming equipment. You want to work with Bud Herbert, fifth generation family that operated business. You go to a box store, do you think you're going to be speaking with a family member that knows everything there is to know about the equipment they're selling and they sell inferior equipment over the box stores and don't go down that road. I went and made the mistake of doing that myself and had to return the push mower that I bought there because it conked out the first time I used it. Thank you Westside Jim Keefer for bringing me to Bud Herbert Motors, and I am so pleased to recommend them to you. I had such a wonderful experience working with the Herbert It's got a great mower and they said it's the last one I'd ever have to buy in my life. That's been several years ago. It always starts first pull. It's a commercial grade Honda Push Moore works great. They do sell Hondo of course, x Mark Mowers, Steel Power Equipment and John Deeer products. Two locations here in the greatest cincinnatire North Side and Harrison. They service everything they sell and they do know about what they're selling. And you'll speak with one of the Herbert family members. And when you do call them, please tell them. Brian Thomas said, Hi. Online, you find them at Bud Herbert Mootors dot com.
Speaker 10: One.
Speaker 2: That's five p four to one thirty two one fifty five the talk station.
Speaker 5: They're not your radio.
Speaker 2: Here's six thirty three fifty five KRCY talk station direct to the phones. I'm gonna go. Brian was kind enough to hold over the break. Brian, welcome to the morning, showing a very happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 8: Yeah, happy Monday, good morning.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 8: The lady in Maine that they centered. If I was her, I absolutely would apologize. I'm so sorry that the truth hurts your feelings.
Speaker 2: That's one way to do it.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm appalled at it that they would do that. Democrats are and they want to fall on the sword. I guess it's a good thing. I mean, word gets out. This is something that most people overwhelmingly reject, and they're such a tiny, tiny segment of the population that even qualifies as transgender, and this is the hill they want to die on. Okay, watch commit suicide.
Speaker 6: Right exactly on corn subsidies.
Speaker 2: You're trying to get me all agitated again, Brian, Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Well, this one's going to fire you up. So my family's farm's been in my name for seven or eight years and there's not been a stitch of corn grown on it that whole time, and probably for four or five years before that, there wasn't a stitch of corn grown on that. But there is a ten acre corn base. So every year the prices are low, they send me a form. If I fill it out, then they send me a check because corn prices were down. Oh jeez, I don't fill it out anymore because it's just wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't prill corn. Well, you're a man of principle then, Brian. You know it's you got that dangling cared of incenter to fill the format. You could take the money, but because you have higher character than that, you say no. And I have to applaud you for that. Most people would take advantage of it. And therein lies the problem with subsidies like that. You know, I have to ask you, Brian, the reason there's so much corn being grown is because of subsidies. Don't you think that farmers would grow a crop that is in demand in lieu of corn if there weren't corn subsidies, couldn't they grow something that people out in the world really truly genuinely want and need. I mean, I just have to ask out loud, because I'm not a farmer ahead, how we're.
Speaker 8: Gonna fill our gas tanks if they don't grow extra corn?
Speaker 2: Go back to just using plain old gasoline, which is better for your internal combustion engine. Lord Almighty, what did we do before ethanol? Appreciate it?
Speaker 10: We just raised trees timber.
Speaker 2: Good for you and in demand last time. I Good luck, Brian, God bless the American farmer, just please quit growing corn and turning it into corn syrup that ends up in literally everything we eat. It's bad for us. Stick around. I'm gonna take George's call. George, if we don't mind holding on, I'll be happy to take your call for the break here. But I first want to mention chimneycare, fireplace and stove get a carbon monoxide detector. I don't think Gene Hackman died of carbon dioxide, at least that's the initial response. But immediately that's what people suspected. That's why I'm saying, you know, that's the deadly silent killer. And if your chimney isn't inspected, you could have a risk of carbon monoxide problems. That's just one of the reasons you need inspected. That kreosode builds up for wood burners. It's the great time take advantage of the chimney care fireplace in still winter special. It'll give you peace of mind. Your chimney will be swept if it needs it. They start with the video camera inspection of the chimney. It's the wood burning sweep in evaluation and it's only one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents plus tax. That'll give you peace of mind that low, low price. Keep your home safe and cozy. They'll sweep it if it needs it. Make sure your lining isn't cracked, and do a thorough inspection. So keep your home safe as well as cozy. Book an appointment at chimney Care code i dot com, Chimneycareco dot com, or call him up and tell him. Brian said, Hi when you do. If you want to schedule appointment by phone five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred chimney Care today, enjoy peace of mind knowing your fireplace is in expert hands.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 15: Are you a business owner?
Speaker 2: CEO Channel nine first one and Wether forecast forty eight will be our high today with mostly sunny skies, clear overy night down to thirty eight. I have sixty tomorrow. I'm still great at hearing, like like reading that cloudy and warm overnight going down to fifty one. Wind and rain arrives around nine pm, and that rain will continue for most of the day On Wednesday. They're saying and raised snow mixed possible at night. Gusts of wind forty to forty five miles per hour are possible. Wednesday's high fifty four twenty two degrees. Right now, time for a traffic update, Chuck.
Speaker 5: From the UCL Tramphics Center.
Speaker 14: When it comes to multiple sclerosis, trust the experts, and you've seen Gardner and Roscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care learn more. Had you see how dot Com highways doing fine with just one exception that's southbound seventy five where crews continue to clean them from an earlier truck fire. Before you got to Kyle's right, two lanes are blocked, left, two lanes are open, Chuck Ingraman fifty five k see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six forty fifty five, Kerr see the talk station. A very happy Monday too. You looking forward to Christopher Smith minut at seven twenty as I always look forward to on a Monday, and I love talking to you. Got a couple of callers online, so let's start with George has been on hold longest. George, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 4: And Brian, I was just thinking, uh, with that green energy they got all them bird swaters out there tucking up care wat's the power out of the wind? I wonder what effect that has on the wind patterns. It may be contributed to the catch you whether they keep.
Speaker 2: Talking about I don't know. I don't know, but you do point out something I'm fundamentally opposed to. Listen, they do slaughter birds and bats. And if an oil company was responsible for killing any form of wildlife, and they have been prosecuted for it by I don't know which governmental entity, the EPA, whoever's responsible for such things? Oil companies, evil oil companies. Oh my god, there's a bird that is covered in oil. You are going to be prosecuted. What about the millions and millions of birds and bats that are slaughtered every year by the windmills? Aren't the power companies responsible for that. We've got a bad enough problem with bird flew out there killing millions and millions of wild birds. We don't need the help of windmills slaughtering more of them. You think the environmentalists would actually have a concern about that. And isn't it interesting the environmentalists steping up to the plate when it comes to whales because the offshore wind developments apparently impact the whales. Save the whales. The green and movement was kind of built in part on that. Oh no, we don't care about the whales because as we're generating electricity with offshore windmills, it's the humming and the noise that's created by the windmills offshore that drives the whales apparently crazy. So yeah, you can't reconcile the two positions at all at all. Appreciate the college, George, and see what New Hampshire Gary's got. We'll give it another shot, New Hampshire Garry. Let's try again.
Speaker 10: Yeah, sorry about that. Brian had my mute on. Hey, just tell you a little bit of history. I like to read history. One of the terms that they used back in World War One amongst the elites for starting World War One was called societal hygiene. It was a way that they could make money by the military industrial complex while they believed that they could get rid of the lower class or the unwanted or the unproductive in their societies. You want to talk about really six stuff. The more things change, the more they remained. The Europe's that war. They're going to start World War three. We're going to have to bear them out, you know, same old, same old stuff. As far as the Green Agenda, I can tell you. Did you see that story up here about Vermont where actually Vance in his family had to go into hiding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're on a skiing trip and I guess you got attacked by protesters.
Speaker 10: Do you want to see the Uh, there's a big line. It shows how many of them over there. It's like the nineteen sixties. Vermont's actually a beautiful, wealthy state, but they live on a different plane, a different planet, even more so than New Hampshire. And they're they're they're violent. You know. Of course love means love has no hate here. All the signs say right. But if you get in their way, buddy, just they'll show you what height is. And if you see it, they're just going down the road. And everybody had the Ukrainian flag, the gay Pride flag and the Green Agenda, and I can't help. But the thing, none of these people would be willing to go fight for Ukraine, but they want to throw them. No. No, same thing with the Green Agenda. They're making just as much money off the Green Agenda with their loans and allocations through their buddies and all the grants, just like that twelve billion dollar grant for the solar farm down in Texas.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 10: I think it was Obama put in And then they had a hailstorm. Yeah, that didn't work out, you know, twelve billion dollars later, right in a hailstorm, which nobody even did it. How about an environmental impact all that land? Now they're all busted glass, right, and it's not like, you know, if you live down in Texas, you know you're going to have hailstorm. But they did it anyhow. But now the company's bankcruff felt they're going to twelve billion billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's well, you have sort of linked two different things. One on one hand, you got the military industrial complex, which is the one that benefits mostly from the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine, which, as you heard Sean Hannity say along the lines of what I was ranting about in the five o'clock hour, Russia without US using it as a proxy war would have kicked Ukraine's butt. By now, We're to run over the entire country. So the only thing that's keeping them alive is dollars from the United States, and that's why I was ranting this morning, what in the hell do we have to do with it? I love this post by Ken Blackwell. It's a picture of Zelensky with the caption, Remember when I'd come to the US and remind the president of all the dirt I had on his son and leave with a bundle of money. I missed those days. That seems to be the chickens that have come home to rust. Trump was saying, you know, we need to negotiate a piece here, and that's going to have to involve concessions by Ukraine and when and it pisses everybody off. This this this con or, this this this problem that developed on Friday with the Russian president and JD. Vance and Donald Trump and all by screaming and whaling and national teeth. Oh my god, how undiplomatic and blah blah blah blah blah. So what does he do is Selunski gets on a plane, goes to the UK, where the French President Marcone and the UK's Prime minister now say they're going to take over the discussion of peace. What does that mean in their mind? What does a peace resolution involve? Does it mean concessions to Russia. Russia's got the upper hand on this for the reasons that Hannity pointed out and I pointed out as well, superior resources, superior army. Ukraine's running out of live human bodies that are capable of defending whatever territory they've got, and without the help of Western countries they would have been dealt a fatal blow by now. And you got the green industrial complex was the further point to that it's just a fake economy that's been created under this green crap, a fake economy without government dollars, that entire system does not exist. There isn't a windmill manufacturer, notably China. There aren't solar panel manufacturers unless there's a demand formed by society a product that can compete and provides some measure of efficiency or reliability. For individuals to decide on their own if they want to go down that road, that's okay. Thomas Massey did it. He chose to use an old Tesla battery and solar panels and maybe even some wind I can't recall if he's got a windmill on his farm, but on his farm, he chose to go down that road. Individual choice it worked for him, and it works for him, it doesn't work for everybody, especially on a mass scale. When you've got millions of people living in a city, they can't afford to have their own solar panel up. So it's got to be done on a huge industrial level, funded by government. And when the power goes out, well, you have unhappy people. Going back to the backlash on green energy that was revealed by the Washington Times that I spoke of earlier military industrial complex, green industrial complex. Who's benefiting from it? You and I aren't. Six forty eight fifty five K see talk station automobiles. Get your auto fixed. If youve got a traditionally imported manufacturer automobile, you want to take it to Foreign Exchange because they'll fix it for less money. You get a full warranty on parts in service. You have nothing to worry about. These are superior mechanics, a SC certified Master technicians working on your car. They've worked on the Thomas cars now for years and years and years. And I know I've saved a heap blow of money by going to Foreign Exchange over the dealer. I think customer service is superior as well. Now I like the people at my auto dealership where I got my car, but I go to Foreign Exchange to have its service. Most notably since it's under warranty. The oil changes huge savings on oil changes. So if you're getting ready to go out a warranty, I also get it into FORIGN Exchange. You having to do a end to end inspection to find out all those things that need to be repaired under warranty before it expires. Just one little extra service you can get from Foreign Exchange Austin, and the team will treat you great. That will be the Westchester location. I seventy five Tylersville exit East two streets, A short little jog there, as I like to say, and hang a right on Kinglin, right off the seventy five at Tylersville. And Tom Brian said, how when you stop in and when you call for the appointment six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six Online you find them at Foreign xform letter X dot com.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Fition A very happy Monday to you. Haven't got any local stories in have taken phone calls, which I just I prefer over the local story at the bottom of the hour. So phone calls anytime are always welcome here, but I wanted to get this in.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 2: The City of Cincinnati Fox nineteen reporting credit Where credits do Cincinnati? Three to one one since E three one one is where you call in for potholes. They said on Friday, the city has repaired six thousand, three hundred and twenty four potholes since Friday, February twenty first, and they're still working hard to fix the thousands that remain in the city. Joe, A little step for Joe believes anything. The city says, get your tongue out of your deep cheek, Joe. Since last Monday, they received one ninety seven requests through the Sincy three to one one sign a call center. Of course, they're blaming the winter. Yeah, this winter is to blame for Sunset, my favorite street to make fun of, which has been a well gaza like nightmare for the last decade or more. It says the Department of Public Services has teamed up with a Delta Construction to help repair potholes in the city. I guess the city resources are insufficient. I know they had to sub it out, but anyone who sees or encounters a potholes should report it by calling one or by visiting three one one sincey with y dot com, and I'll encourage my listeners out there to do that. I was just thinking about potholes that was coming in this morning because I ran over a whole bunch of them. It's like, Wow, my car is gonna get thrown out of alignment three one one Cincy dot com. Head on over, report your potholes or call three to one one. See if we can get that the count up this week. Let's set a record. See if we can get past eleven hundred and ninety seven in a week. Six fifty five efty five cars to the dog station. More to talk about off top of the our news plus Christopher Smith Aman at seven to twenty for the Smither event. I'll be right back a.
Speaker 1: Full rundown and the biggest ten lines just minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know. Fifty five cars the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by right. This guy has seven oh six here, but you have there CD talk station. Very Happy Friday to you. Welcome phone calls and you have something you want to talk about five one three, seven, four nine fifty two three talk pound fay fifty on AT and T phone. Always remember I never forget fifty five. Care see dot com get Tryheart Media app so you can stream meever it happened to be, it was kind of cool. Was at a party for a friend of mine's son turned one year old yesterday and one of the guys I met there, really cool guy. I was talking to him and my friend came in and pointed out that I was unready. He goes, oh, really what station? And Andy, my friend said to him. He goes, well, just pull up the iHeartMedia app if you've got it, and boom there he had his cell phone out. He immediately launched the iHeart Media app and he typed my name and he goes, I will listen to your podcast. So I was like, oh, that's cool. Makes it really easy. I mean it was instantaneous, and I know my wife listens through the iHeart Media app every day. So convenient. Yes, And you get a geez content from across the country. You got podcasts, You've got seven hundred plus stations you can choose from. I hope you've default the fifty five KRC, but uh, just a great opportunity for some entertainment right there in your pocket. Coming up seven to twenty every Monday, Christopher Smith and former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati for the Smither event Fast Forward and Out for Money Monday with Brian James. Today, we're going to be talking about first quarter GDP growth, food prices and inflation and that topic just because I go grocery shopping with my wife every weekend and I am just overwhelmed at the price of groceries, just amazing, and that breaks my heart every time I see it too. Anyway, coupled with that, expect restaurant bankruptcies. That'll be number three topic. And then finally four to one k balance is trending higher question mark. That's what it says on the rundown. That's what we're talking about with Brian Games for Monday Monday, followed by the Sincintiva joining the KRC Care segment at eight forty. So love helping out the American veteran anyway I can, as most of my listening audience knows, and I was talking about the you know, the backlash to the green agenda is well becoming very significant New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts the subject of the Washington Times article that you know, this is just It is legislatively created. It is a high cost of energy brought about by efforts to get rid of carbon and ultimately with unreliable energy sources and the odd goofy reality. I believe Massachusetts just like European Union countries, they don't want to drill in their own backyard. They don't want to build their own nuclear plants. To what do they do They buy gas from someplace else, as if that makes it clean or green. This is just backcrap, insanity. Absolutely, electricity bills doubling, especially when these inflationary pressures were all under grocery prices going through the roof, you don't have enough money to spend, and much like your real estate taxes, your energy bill goes through the roof. This is doing some significant damages to people's financial stability. If we didn't pursue this nonsense, then your energy bill wouldn't go through the roof, and you'd have a more reliable form of energy in the form of natural gas or maybe even nuclear power. And I embrace that, and thank god we have a president Now that's an all the above strategy kind of guy. Before I get on to something else here, let's see what CJ's got this morning. CJ, thanks for calling the Morning Show and a happy Monday to you.
Speaker 17: Happy Monday to you as well. And I was actually gonna fall just piggyback right onto what you're saying. My mom owns a farm in Illinois, and she gets a phone call all the time from Hansen's, a mineral company, in order to dredge and take all the rare earth minerals out of her farm and basically take her farm out of production of food. Then you have in California all these solar farms that have literally destroyed the cattle industry out there because there's no room for the grazing, and these ranchers are being given loads and loads of money to basically stop producing food.
Speaker 3: And so now we have the.
Speaker 17: Law supply and demand will always outrun whatever we think is a good idea, because if you reduce apply and continue with the same demand, the price is going to go up in order to bring balance to the economy. And we have totally forgotten about economics when it comes to these stupid and insane environmental policies.
Speaker 2: Well, it also invites looking to maybe a more nefarious component to it. You know, when I think of the availability of abundant, inexpensive food in our country, some may argue that's what led to the modern obesity problem we face because you know, you can go to your local fast food place for less than five bucks, get you know, three thousand galeries worth of food. You know, maybe it's by design. Maybe they want the supply to go down and ergo the price to go up so we ultimately consume less. That would fit into the socialist agenda reduced consumption, more heartache and pain less stuff and things for us to consume, you know. I mean, there's whole bit, and there's environmental reasons for that as well. We apparently have a garbage problem in the planet, too many plastics in the in the globe, We got plastics float around the ocean, particulates in everybody's bodies. You know, there's a multitude of layers on this you could point to, and it all seems to sort of lend itself to maybe, well, maybe this is a broader conspiracy theory looming behind the scenes here. Lower abundant energy means less consumption, less production. Look at Germany, they're not producing as much as they used to because it can't afford the electricity. It's four times higher than here in the United States. That's a recipe for business reduction. I think that's actually part of it. I hate to say it out loud for fear being labeled some kind of kook, But we're living the reality of this, and again, all in the name of reducing carbon dioxide, which is plant food. It's such a small fraction of the Earth's atmosphere too. And the climate does change, it always has changed. I mean, how do you separate, you know, pre industrial revolution climate change from what's going on now. You know, the talking heads and networks and the left wing green agenda folks want to blame every single climate event on us. We're the cockroaches, We're the problem. The wildfires, Oh, that's climate change. Oh really, Like, there weren't wildfires pre industrial Revolution. I mean we know there are or were. I mean, trees reflected. You cut a tree down that's more than several hundred years old, you can see when a wildfire went through. It's shown in the rings of the tree. Oh, but that wasn't us back then. No, that was just a naturally occurring event. The glacier that once covered the state of Ohio ten thousand or so years ago, that's gone. Thank god, right, thank god it's gone, so we can pay farmers to grow corn. Well, not allowed me the last remaining moments of this segment to pivot over to this pretty much relatable modern feminism makes women miserable? How does that connect? Institute for Family Studies recently analyzed findings from the annual American Family Survey, finding thirty seven percent of conservative women between the age of eighteen and forty say they were completely satisfied with life. Get only twelve percent of liberal women feel that way. Backed up by prior studies, twenty twenty one, Columby University professors put out us study on depression among twelfth graders, taking a look at data between twenty five and twenty eighteen, finding female liberals reported worse internalizing symptoms scores over the study period than all other groups. Penn State University study from twenty seventeen noted politically conservative participants were significantly more optimistic and satisfied with life than their liberal counterparts counterparts. A study in Psychological Science two thousand and eight quote, why are conservatives happier than liberals? Citing a two thousand and six Pew Research survey showing forty seven percent of conservative Republicans called themselves very happy, while only twenty eight percent of liberal Democrats did the same, Researchers from Columbia speculated the political events might have contributed to liberal depression. Republicans made political gains in the twenty tens, including Trump' selection. The researchers claimed issues like here you are, global warming, structural racism, and pervasive sexism quote became unavoidable features of political discourse. Implication is that liberals are depressed because they care so much about the world problems. Article points out, Well, that may sound noble, stressing out about something you can't control isn't a virtue. It can lead to quote learned helplessness close quote. If people believe their choices won't improve things, they often give up or make worse choices. Little one to Researchers off and connect learned helplessness to depression. While this is a factor, they say it's a deeper explanation. Feminists originally argued for equal opportunity in voting, education, in the workplace that happened. Second wave feminists went further. They disparaged marriage and religion as tools of the patriarchy. They didn't view children as a source of deep, meaningful fulfillment, but rather as an obstacle to career success. Third and fourth wave feminists went beyond that. Many contend to different outcomes between men and women are solely the result of societal expectations. These ideas have gone so far that leftists now claim men can become women. Why some men would willingly give up the power of the patriarchy has never quite explained. These ideas of gain tremendous cultural power, especially on the left. As a result, liberals are less likely to be married, go to church, or have kids. These haven't brought joyous liberation, but rather the opposite. In a book called Get Married, author Brad wilcox's married men and women are around twice as likely to be very happy as their single counterparts. An obvious factor is that loneliness. Single childless adults more than twice as likely as married individuals to say there always are almost always lonely. He noted, Historically, single individuals found community and connection in a church or synagogue, but liberals are less likely to attend religious services. If women want to be happy, they should embrace what modern feminists falsely claim is the patriarchy. Victor jokes writing, Yep, thankfully, I'm a happily married man. Fifty five krcit DE talk station calling Zimmer Heating Electric will make you happy because they will keep your home safe, efficient, and comfortable. That's what it's all about, was Zimmer said. Third generation family that operated, Chris Zimber running the show. Now he's proud of his family's heritage. So you experience comfort and reliability with Zimmer HVAC. So if you want to enhance your homes comfort, you need a service of any make and model. They are specialists in Carrier units. So if it's time to replace your system, Carrier makes a fantastic HVAC system, and Zimmer are the folks that trust to have that installed. I hope you don't have to replace one, but if you do, trust Zimmer to keep your home cozy and your energy bills low. Go Zimmer dot com. Go Zimmer dot com. It's easy to make an appoyment or schedule appoyment right there, even after our service. It's your first step to a more comfortable home.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five krc and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: We know you're loving the new preset feed.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty one Here at fifty five KRCD Talks Days A great time to be tuning into the fifty five Faressey Morning Show. This is the time of week we get the former vice mayor of the city since Saint Christopher Smith and on the program event his Fleen Smither event. Welcome back, Christopher, my dear friend. It's always a pleasure to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh brother, it's so good to hear your voice, and I'm always honored to be on. Every week there's something to talk about. Yeah, it just gets everybody fired up.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: I want to start with something that's you know, a little abstract, and I want to I want to just deal and I'm gonna start talking about this subject matter of racism.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: What I want to be what I want to share with you, Brian, is that the word racism, in my opinion, is being watered down. See, racism is real and there are people out there that have issues. They make decisions, but we're in this world like if somebody says I support the LGBTQ plus community. But I say, I don't want boys to compete against girls. All all of a sudden, I don't like the gay community. That's crazy, right. There's notion that you know if I'm saying, well, I want reforms in public education, knowing that, Let's say where I live, which is true. Let's say they're thirty seven thousand kids and seventy percent of them are African American, all of a sudden, I'm against African American kids. I happen to be African American. So we've got to get ourselves. We've gone into the gooney crazy world where people can't have honest conversations about important subject matters without being called a racist or saying that they're homophobic, or saying they have some other kind of issue, and it makes it difficult to have very tough conversations. I think sometimes the Democratic Party knows that, and they're pushing these agendas in order for people not to tackle the major issues that are facing our country. For the last point I'll give you is just because someone says, as a parent, listen, I want to make this decisions about what's happening in my house. I don't want my child to be able to change their gender without me the parent, having something to say about that. That doesn't make me homophobic, No, No, that makes me somebody that wants to be involved in my child's life. And what's happening right now they push so far that it to the left that they're having these conversations that basic Americans out here who are getting up every day trying to raise a family are being called all kinds of crazy dangs. And the reality of it is they're just wanting common sense. If you're a mom and you're a dad, and you're in your house and you're raising your family, you want to be able to make decisions about your child and their life, not the institution, not the educational system, me the parent.
Speaker 2: Well. And the problem is, you know, it boils down to its name calling. When you don't have a legitimate argument, then you just start labeling people and name calling. But the problem with this is LG that is sexuality, lesbian, gay, bisexual. That is what you prefer by way of sexual relationships with your partner. That I have no problem with, none whatsoever. But the minute you throw tea in there, just because you're transgender doesn't mean you're a particular sexuality. It means that suddenly you can change your chromosomal biological reality and call yourself something that you are not. There is no connection with the to the T to the LGB part. There are guys walking around in dresses that say they're women, but they might be attracted to men, they might be attracted to women, they might be attracted to both men and women. That is their sexuality, it's not their gender. Gender has nothing to do with sexuality. I mean, it's insane. And that's that was the point of Dave Chappelle's comedy routine that got him so, you know, in so much trouble is because he made the point that I'm making right now. It's like, fine, you're gay, find your lesbian, Fine you're bisexual. But then the transit it was like it was be set up as they're all driving in the car together and then the trans transgender person gets in the car and kind of ruined it for everybody because it complicates an otherwise straightforward discussion about one sexuality.
Speaker 3: And all I'm saying, Brian, is that their parents out there that are facing are you know, are facing very complicated things already being a parent is the hardest job in the world. We wake up every day, we're trying to make the right decisions for our kids. What we don't need our institutions trying to intervene and tell us how to raise our children. And that doesn't make somebody anti anything because they have a vision or a dream for their kids. I'm a girl dad, I don't want dudes in the locker room with my daughter. That doesn't mean it doesn't mean that I don't support the gay community. That's the point. And we've got to be able to have these conversations without all the name calling. And that's what's been frustrating for me. If these people that are so far on the left, who don't love our country, who believe that if I put an American flag on my house on July fourth, that means I'm a racist, that is absolutely true. There are people out there that confront people because they have the flag. They're holding the flag and all of a sudden, okay, I see the flag, that person's a racist. But you're holding a Ukrainian flag or you're holding a Hamas flag, and you say that there's something wrong with me because I'm in my country with an American flag on my house. I'm saying we have gone so far, the left has gone so far that it's so difficult to have these basic common sense conversations. And this is why Democrats are saying, the Democratic Party didn't leave me. Mean I didn't leave the Democratic Party. Excuse me, the Democratic Party left me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the squeaky will gets the grease. And in the world where we have the Internet and opinions can be offered and collected and thrown at people, makes it sound like their voice is a majority voice when it isn't. There are a very small segment of society, these left wing loons that make these arguments and do this name calling. They want themselves to be perceived as powerful and large and strong. When we look at the polling across America on this very issue, this transgender issue, the vast overwhelming majority reject the idea that you can change your gender. Seven twenty eight fifty five KRSTY Talk station more with Christopher Smith and after this quick word for affordable imaging services, expect low overhead when you go to affordable imaging services where your echo, cardigram mri CT scan, ultrasound, cardiac scoring, long screening, expect the same kind of equipment hospitals use. I've been there, I've had CT scans done there a couple of times. I got one schedule for April and the doctor had literally no problem whatsoever with the images. Got a board certified radiologist support included in the very low price, because it is an extraordinarily low price compared to the hospital imaging department, where you might pay thirty five hundred dollars or more for an echo cardigram, probably a separate bill for the radiologist support that comes in at Affordable Imaging five hundred bucks without an enhancement, eight hundred with an enhancement. I call that massive thousands of dollars in savings. And that's the way it is for all the images a fraction of the hospital imaging department. Well can I go there? Of course, you have a choice when it comes to your medical care, So why not save a heapload of money five one three seven, five three eight thousand five one three seven five three eight thousand. Learn more and all the pricing online Affordable Medimaging dot Com fifty five KRC the talk station the new Ye heard opp What do I like?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: Time for the nine first one to Wether forecasts a sunny day for the most part, high forty eight, overnight low thirty eight with clear sky foudy, and a high of sixty Tomorrow. Overnight wind and rain shows up. They say about nine pm fifty one degrees the overnight low and a rainy day on Wednesday for most of the day gus forty to forty five miles per hour for the wind and a high fifty four twenty four degrees. Right now traffic time.
Speaker 14: I'm going to use up train THINGK Center when it comes to multiple sclerosis trusts the experience, saying you see Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care.
Speaker 5: Learn more at uc health dot com.
Speaker 14: Seven seventy Fine continues over a twenty minute delay out of Downtown Pass the cleanup.
Speaker 5: From an early morning truck fire.
Speaker 14: Right two lanes are blocked, Left lanes block northbound four seventy one on the bridge thanks to an accident. Quickly backing up the Grand Chuck Ingram on fifty five KOs Deep Talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty one on Monday, Brian Thomas with Christopher Smithman doing that Smither event Christopher take it Away? What else is on your mind or further to that prior discussion.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna tie a little bit of this together and kind of stay with the same theme. And I know this might be a little complicated and convoluted, but you know, I'm going to try to tackle this conversation that's been happening on immigration. Look, because people are saying they want you to come in this country legally, I don't want you to jump the line. That there's a process. It doesn't make you anti immigration, it doesn't make you against any particular race. What it says here is there's a process. People who have come here legally, who are working every day, who are listening to this show, do not want people jumping the line and coming into our country illegally. And so this notion that you know, people are trying to say, well, man, you're a racist or or you don't like immigrants, and da da da dah, that's not the conversation we're having. The conversation we're having is we want you to come to our country with a process, not jumping across a fence and running somewhere and we don't know where you are in our country, and no other country in the world allows people to just run in jump ups and and say hey man, I'm here, have a baby, and now the baby says, I'm an American. No other country does this people, and so we've got to get back so we can have some sensible conversation. And this is what is tied in to the apes that people have with the Ukrainian president and the conversation that took place in the White House. People are tired of Americans walking around with Ukrainian flag. You live in the United States of America. I feel really bad for Ukraine. I don't think Putin should have invaded Ukraine. But I live in the United States of America and I see veterans that don't have a place to live. Think billions of dollars to people who have jumped the line. You put them in a hotel, you feed them, you give them health care. But the veteran is sitting out there in a tent and has nothing. That's the problem. And so what these left people don't understand is that basically Americans are saying, I want to take care of us, I want to take care of our community.
Speaker 2: I hear you screaming out loud, brother, I can't argue a bit. I mean, it's just part of the national security. You know, we need to be able to control the influx of humanity through an orderly legal process so our cities aren't overwhelmed and the resources aren't all soaked up. As you pointed out, you know, these you know, these left wing sanctuary cities have you know, really kind of strangled themselves and ruined it, ruined life for their own populace, for their own electorate. You know, resources are going over to illegal immigrants that shouldn't have been in the country. If we had a legal, orderly process that was followed, the cities wouldn't be overwhelmed. New York City spent billions of dollars on the illegal immigrant population they have. Where do you think that money might have gone had they not been overwhelmed through their sanctuary policies with illegal immigrants shown over the doorstep. I mean, it's just a recipe for disaster. It's the point of having a legal orderly system. And anybody say says this, you're racist, that's just that is the dumbest argument. This is so dumb because people from the four corners of the globe have come across the border they're of all different races, ethnicities, creeds. There's no one size fits all. I mean, if it was a bunch of white people showing up from some white country invading our country and causing the same problem, and you and I were complaining about it, will we be called racist? I guess you'd have to take that one out of the equation. I'm sorry, you're a black man, Christopher. I mean, like, God, go back to your earlier part about racism.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's my point that they're undercurrent of what the left is saying is that if you want an orderly process, if you're saying come to our country legally in some way, that makes you a racist. It makes you a bad person. Immigrants who are here legally, who get up at every day and go to work, are frustrated that people are jumping the line because it's not what they.
Speaker 6: Had to do.
Speaker 3: They had to go through all kinds of processes in order, and it takes years to do. They're also frustrated. But I'm just saying, as an American, I am not a racist because I say I want orders, I want an orderly process to become an American citizen. I want people to come here work hard, build a great life for themselves. But I want them to do it legally. There's nothing wrong with that paragraph. And I'm saying, as we're dealing with these issues with the Ukrainian president, what a lot of people don't understand is that Americans who are getting up every day are connecting the dot and they're saying, I'm tired of taking care of everybody else. And at the same time, I'm driving through potholes, My infrastructure is falling apart. You can't even take care of the people that are here every day. That's what they don't get. It's not that America isn't generous, It's not that we don't care about what's happening in Ukraine, but we wanted somebody to come here and have a conversation with us with respect. Make sure that you understand the sacrifices that the tax payers are making. And we don't want any boots on the ground. We don't want I don't want my son who's in the military, to be on the front lines in Ukraine and die for that. That's not what I want for my son. And so what you're hearing is a country that is saying it's okay to put us first. That doesn't make us racist. It says, listen, we're gonna look out for ourselves. And I want people that are driving to work today and going in and saying, listen, man, I got to get up every day and I have to go to work. Guess what, Federal workers, You're gonna have to get up and go to work like everybody else has to get up and go to work, whether you're an immigrant who came here legally through the process or not. All we're saying is we want you to get paid for doing eight hours of work. And there's nothing wrong with that. And it doesn't make anybody your racist, It doesn't make anybody anti anything.
Speaker 2: Bryan Thomas, Well, I think they just use that race argument because it's it's what's preposterous, and people are afraid to stand up for themselves and assert the logic and reason that you're you're you're offering here in the fifty five KRC Morning Show, Christopher, people are afraid to do that. They're afraid to be labeled as something in spite of the fact that the label is a preposterous, stupid, illogical conclusion. Poster Mom will bring Christopher back for one more seven thirty eight fifty five krc DE talk station. Can't get rid of the stenchi of politics with oto Exit, but it does work on all the odors that you're confronted with regularly. You know, pet odors works. There any kind of pet order you can come up with, including the spray of the skunk that spray to your dog. Yes, it works on eliminating and eradicating skunk spray. And the Oto exsit products are easily available at otoor exit dot com O d O r x I T. Order it online before three pm and be on your front porch tomorrow. Or buy locally. There's a search engine right there. Type in your address or your zip code. He'll tell you all the stores close by that sell the Odor Exit products, locally owned and operated and manufactured right here in the city of Cincinnati. And congratulations twenty five years of helping folks get rid of their odors, food, oders, pet owders, moldmildew, you name it. Go to odor exit dot com easily figure out which product you need, and it comes with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. You get your money back if it doesn't eliminate the odor when used as directed odor exit dot com.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: Station OHC, Cincinnati's only.
Speaker 2: Seven two the fifty five per CD talk station enjoying Christopher Smitheman's ramp this morning. He's on a tear, Christopher, anything else on your mind? You mentioned potholes in the last Segmentum briefly, Apparently the city of Cincinnati fixed six and twenty four potholes over the past couple of weeks, and there's thousands and thousands more that need to be need to be your.
Speaker 3: Dressed, I mean, I mean, Brian, we sold the railroad for one point six billion dollars. We don't know what's going on with that pot of money. They promised us that infrastructure would be would be you know, fixed, whether it's the Western Hills Viaduct which is crumbling, or whether it's the potholes that were driving around in the city of Cincinnati. It's horrible out here. I mean, the streets in Cincinnati are just horrible. But the election will happen and people will elect the same nine people and the same mayor, and they really don't want change, right. This is about leadership, right. The lack of snow removal on our side. Streets in our communities were horrible in this this past winter. I meaning, even if they got some of the main streets, there were schools that could not operate because they just weren't dug out. They didn't have a plan and it was a mess. And they really just don't have a plan for our infrastructure in our region. And this is what's happening all across the country. And that's one of the points that Americans are saying, you gotta take care of us. We live here, we're paying taxes. And so when you wake up and you say, man, you spent fifty million here, you threw eighty million here, you spent thirty five million here, and then Americans are driving around dodging potholes in their community. It absolutely makes no sense. Brian Thomas, That's what's going on right now, and people are pushing back. I am tired. Even me as an African American, people will say, well, smitheman, you're an uncle Tom. What makes me an Uncle Tom? Because I love my country? What makes me an Uncle Tom? Because I want to make sure that my children speak proper English. They pull their pants up, feel respectful. Yes, sir, no, ma'am. I mean people have lost their minds when they say excellence has anything to do with race. I want the best for my five kids. I work hard for that every single day. I don't ask anybody for anything, right, But the reality of it is, if you're standing up for your country, if you say you love the flag, if you say you want better for your kids, whether you're black or white, you're something other than just wanting to be a great American.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I just want everybody to know in this segment, I love this country. And if you don't like this country and you want to take a Ukrainian black and fly it somewhere, go live in Ukraine. If you say you love what's going on and you love Harmama, go to Gaza. If you say, hey, man, I don't like this country and I want to go to go to that country, We'll start a fund to fly anybody with a one way ticket out of the United States of America. I don't know if they saw what happened in Congo, but there were about seventy Christians that were beheaded about a month ago and found their bodies. So if they want to go somewhere I'm watching people in the LGBTQ plus community carrying home my flag news alert. They will cut your head off if you go into guys and tell them.
Speaker 8: That you're gay.
Speaker 3: They don't want you there. That's what makes our country so great. We're the greatest experiment in the entire world, and that's why people are trying to fly and get here to our country for a better place. But I'm tired of people dogging out our flag, dogging out our country, saying all these kinds of things because I want better. Because I want better doesn't make me an uncle tourm doesn't make you a racist, doesn't make you homophobic. Because I don't want a dude in the locker room with my daughter. I don't want a dude competing against my daughter or anybody's daughter in any sport. That's my spling vent Today. We're gonna stand up for our country, don't I think that we should support what's happening over in Ukraine in the way that we should. But guy, if you think it's okay for you to come dressed like that to the White House, you've lost your mind. I have very important meetings this week. I guarantee you I'm not going to any of those meetings in my pajamas period. I'm gonna go dress respectfully, and also I'm gonna make sure that I know my audience and I have and I'm sorry, I have very high level meetings over the next five days. I'm spending time preparing for those meetings. I promise you I will not go to any of those meetings look like looking like the President of Ukraine, guarantee. And if I do, I expect that person to throw me out of their office.
Speaker 2: We landed there. That's awesome. Thank you Christopher Smithing and God bless you Sarah. I look forward to another next Monday. Take care man, have a great week. Seven forty seven fifty five Karasite Talk station. Uh that we have three to one one to call for potholes, and just got an interesting SoundBite to play on that one since it stems from that local story about all the potholes. Hold on a second, I'll be right back. I want to mention Peter shbrier KELORI even seven hills a genius attracts genius. That's what Peter Schuber is. He's got the best real estate team you can assemble. Five star experience is what you're going to get. Whether you retain Peter Shubria, Coloriams seven Hills and their agents as a buyer's agent or sellers agent, you get excellence. They're outstanding customer service couldn't be better. So you need to get in touch with the Sabri group put a lot of time and energy finding your dream home. Here's one of the programs they've got. If they're your buyer's agent, they find you a home and you're like, Okay, I like this, I'm buying it. But then within the first year you're like, no, no, this is not worked out right. I miss something on this. They're so confident they'll find the best home for you that they guarantee it. So if you don't love your home and you want to sell it with any year, they'll sell it for free, no charge. That's a guarantee from Peter Shabria, Coloriams seven Hills and the team. They're outstanding what they do and so confident they'll find the right house, so you that they're willing to back it with their own time and effort. That's the love it or leave it guarantee. To learn more, several options if you can remember the cha b RS group. You can do it in a search engine. You'll find the SHBRI group online. You can go directly to the website seven zero eight three thousand dot com, or you can call them directly at five one three seven zero eight three thousand. Tell them Brian said, hoving you do five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 15: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Are you time for the weather? Jenna iin say, is going to be a mostly sunny day today. I have forty eight down to thirty eight over night with clear skies sixty to high tomorrow, foudy skies overnight little fifty one and wind and rain showing up around nine pm Wednesday, rain all day for the most part, gusty wind conditions forty to forty five miles per hour, possible high a fifty four twenty three degrees. Right now, if you've have KRC falk station, Time for a traffic update.
Speaker 14: Chuck Ingram from the ucup Train Thinks Center. When it comes to multiple sclerosis, trust the experts and you see Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care learn more and you see how dot com they cleared the wrecked North Pound fourth seventy one off the bridge. Left lanes open again, but damage done. You're banked into Southgate because of that wrecked and heaving your volume and an extra twenty minutes. North Pound seventy five is close to a twenty minute delay from turf Way to town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRSC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's seven point fifty two fifty five kr CG talk station Money Monday of Brian James, got several bunch of topics talk about with him. First quarter GDP crow for food prices, inflation, restaurant bankruptcies, and our four to one K balance is trending higher. We'll find out. Plus kr SEA cares with it. Sincinniva coming up at eighty forty. God bless the American veteran anyways. Springing from the local story which I just couldn't believe, the city apparently has fixed six three and twenty four count them since Friday, February twenty first. There are thousands left over, they say Fox nineteen reporting on this one. They got over one and ninety seven requests to repair potholes since Monday, and you can report potholes by calling three one one or go to Sincy with y three one one dot com. Apparently I'm encouraging people to do that. I'm sorry. Three to one one Cincy, I got that backward three one one sincey with ay dot com. But on the break after I reported there, I just read about this story. Just clearly we have a pothole problem. Of course, winter weather does exacerbate it, but I keep going back to all the roads out there that have been crumbling for years and not repaired. Generally speaking, Joe called three one one, and what did you learn when you called three one other than the fact that you can't dial three to one one from our phone system here in the office. You have to use your cell phone. He got a little concern in case, like we needed nine to one one. So there's that looming concern in the back of our minds. But Joe, what what what did you hear when you called it?
Speaker 18: The service you're attempting to use have been restricted or is unavailable. Please contact Customer Care for assistance message SD four zero four sixty five.
Speaker 2: And then it hangs up. So apparently dialing three one one you can't leave a message, and how do you reach customer service? They didn't give you a number for that either. Huh. Yes, I'm sorry that I'm just laughing, and I feel badly for the residents of the City of Cincinnati having to contend with this. But this is what the administration has brought you. They promised the solution of the problem. They promised to make it easy for you to report the potholes. I think it even came along with a promise to fix your car if your car has been damaged by a pothole. And I was joking about that last week, like, yeah, right, I'm sure that the burden of proof for you to prove that whatever damage to your car that came from the pothole actually came from the pothole and not something else is pretty high that they're not going to go around randomly issuing checks to pay for your automobile repairs because of the pothole. You hit. Sorry, bit jaded and cynical and skeptical about that, but that they tell you to call three one one to report the potholes, and that is the voice message that you get at least as of this morning. Okay, okay, I wish people would remember this kind of thing when they ended they can go to the voting polls in whenever the elections are, you get the government you vote for, not the government you deserve. Seven fifty five care see talk station, They'll go away. We're gonna do money Money with Brian James after the top of the ur news and we're going to hear about from our good friends at the CINCINNTI VA at a forty four krs cares. I'll be right back con used.
Speaker 5: Fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 19: Not gonna be complicated, and it's going to go very fast.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC the talk station. This what's doge digging out? We're talking about fraud, waste abuse.
Speaker 1: Check can't often for the latest. Fifty five KRC the talk station. Eight oh five fifty five r c E Talk Station. Very Happy Monday to you. I always enjoy this time of the hour eight o'clock on Mondays because we get to hear from all our financials Brian James and deal with money Monday. Brian James, welcome back to the morning show and happy Monday to you, sir. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 19: Good morning, Brian Thomas, back at you and Hope you're doing well as well.
Speaker 2: I am doing great, other than the general frustrations of the political landscape and all the other topics got to deal with every day, most of which I have no control over.
Speaker 5: But before we.
Speaker 2: Get into the topics you have, I just wanted to know because I remember Nathan Backrack and I think, I know you know, they created what they called, I believe, the greased Palm Index, and they tracked the lobbying dollars the more the lobbying money was spent, and they put it into a particular fund. So the big contributors to political campaigns, ones with the most lobbying dollars were putting funds to track them to see if they grew at a faster rate than say, other index funds, which I thought was kind of a brilliant thing. I don't know how I ended up working out, but I wanted to know along those same lines, is there a Military industrial complex index, like where you got all the defense contractors put in one single fund, because it seems to me those guys are probably doing pretty well.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's a great observation, and yeah, I'm sure there is. That's not something I pay attention to directly, but I can guarantee you that there is somebody out there that has built a pile of investments around any idea that anyone might might assume is getting a lot of money thrown at it. So there are all kinds of investment products that focus on industries and things like that. And as you mentioned, yeah, I'm not sure whatever happen to it either. Maybe they don't pay attention as much anymore now that they're retired. Yes, I do recall the idea behind let's go follow who gets money thrown at them and invest in those different areas. And yeah, of course, anytime there is spending, there's going to be an equal and opposite reaction in the investment underlying value.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. All right, let us move over to the topics you actually present it to me. Appreciate you indulging me on that. Though first quarter GDP growth looks like, according to CNBC, on track for negative growth.
Speaker 20: Well go figure.
Speaker 19: When you add a bunch of costs in things in terms of tariffs and we start to get the talking heads and the projections coming out, we're starting to see the possibility of negative growth predictions. So Atlanta FED is now predicting that we're going to see the GDP shrink by about one and a half percent here in the first quarter of twenty twenty five. They're kind of known for this. This particular tracker is always leans toward the volatility side, and it usually becomes a little clearer later in the quarter. But still, this is just kind of a warning of what shouldn't be too shocking. Even the President himself came out and said there could be some pain here on the front end as they implement the things that they want to do.
Speaker 20: So where this is coming from.
Speaker 19: Consumers spent a little less than expected in January and that led to a downgrade and growth predictions in the GDP. Exports dropped a bit too, and some other places as well.
Speaker 20: We've all heard about the.
Speaker 19: Egg prices and inflation popping up in certain places too. But yeah, this is all coming together to make it look like it could be a bumpy first Quarterbran.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I have to observe. When people's extra money, to the extent they have any disposable income, is being sucked up by increased property taxes and increased energy bills, you're not going to be participating in the economy and keeping our consumption economy going.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's true. It all plays together. All the puzzle pieces got to fit one way or another. So there's a lot of impacts here coming from a bunch of different directions, just all the data we have now, and we have a new administration that is shaping data and looking at it differently. They even saw a reference to the possible ability that they may split out government spending from the GDP calculation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, purportedly to.
Speaker 19: Get shine a little a brighter light on where the money comes from and where it all goes. But that's going to be yet another indicator we all have to pay attention to when people are still struggling to understand the ones that come out every day.
Speaker 2: Now, I would love to know that figure. I'm surprised that hasn't been done yet.
Speaker 19: I think it gets done, it just doesn't get broadcast. We talk about GDP every quarter. I mean there are websites out there. All this stuff is freely available to anybody who wants to dig it up, but the media doesn't pick up on that. We like our simple bullet points and our soundbites and things, and that's always been what is the GDP as opposed to all the different derivatives of the GDP.
Speaker 20: So, yeah, those numbers are out there.
Speaker 19: It would be good to see how much of our GDP purportedly is grown by actual little government spending, so that we know what the impact is going to be when we choose not to spend that way anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, but I mean you think about like the green industrial complex as I called it earlier, that is basically fully supported by the government and government spending. I mean, a lot of these companies woudn't even exist but for the government and fusion of our taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 19: Yeah, there's a lot of there's a lot of that out there. Matter of fact, some of your largest companies, your your sexiest stories of the last decade have come with a lot of government investment, and our you know, our President in chief, Elon Musk, is no stranger to that. A lot of the dollars that went into Tesla came from the same came from those same green budgets as well as heaven those that SpaceX has taken a lot of dollars from the federal government because they do a lot of things that.
Speaker 2: NASA used to do. Yeah, but more efficiently.
Speaker 20: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 19: So there is a negative thing, but it's something we've never paid attention to before.
Speaker 2: To your point earlier, Yeah, those astronauts are still stranded up in space too. I must observe on that or not. Not a comical note. I feel sorry for those folks, But if you can't do it yourself, you've got to rely on outsourced companies and maybe do it more efficiently. Anyhow, Now, in terms of the first quarter being on track for negative GDP growth, is that an indication that the FED might lower interest rates?
Speaker 19: Could be, But the other thing the FED has to worry about is we want to keep the economy running, but we also have to worry about inflation.
Speaker 20: That's really the Fed's job, those two things.
Speaker 19: Let's make sure everybody has a job, and let's make sure inflation's under control when you really boil it down, that's the goal. So when we're talking about inflation being a factor in all this in the slowdown, that does not indicate that we're going to see further rate cuts anytime soon, And I would say we're I don't think that has changed in the past several weeks, because inflation really is.
Speaker 20: It's very sensitive right.
Speaker 19: Now, It's not going to take much of an impact of anything, as we've already seen to drive prices back up where we were a few years ago. So I don't think we're at a point yet where we're on the brink of that happening. But we're also definitely not an environment where we're going to see a rate cut tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Well other than the real estate market, because if you lower the interest rates and it has an impact on the current real estate interest rate, how else is the interest straight from the Fed? How does that impact inflation?
Speaker 19: Generally speaking, Well, any cost of anything has to do with what is it cost to produce that good or service it and to begin with, So if there's a company out there that has borrowed money to pay its employees, to build its factories, to do whatever it needs to do, then that is a factor that's that will ultimately trickle through. Everything trickles down to the consumers. So you have the producers and the consumers. The consumer's got to pay the bills, including all the taxes. No different than if your property taxes go up and you're renting an apartment, you won't think that, hey, I got to pay a bigger.
Speaker 20: Property tax bill.
Speaker 19: No, you don't have a property tax bill, but your rent's going to go up because your landlord's going to take it from you. That's the same thing that happens to every consumer in every corner of the world everywhere, because all those costs get passed down. So that's where the impact will be seen, and you have to look closely to see it sometimes.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, Well, I take an early break here because we want to talk about food prices and inflation, which I think has to tie in with the next topic we'll do in the next segment, which is expect restaurant bankruptcies. So we've seen quite a few of those lates, so let's pause a little bit early. We'll bring back Brian James and talk about those. After I mentioned my dear friends at twenty two three Route forty two between Mason eleven and I got a special email from Wendy. She's the owner along with Jeff. I just think the world of both Wendy and Jeff and just to run a really great gun store in indoor fire range. And so they were talking about the inventory of pre owned firearms. This opportunity to save money, but man, she has a huge selection of pre owned guns like rifles, has more than forty and everything from an Ithaca saddle gun to a modern Daniel Defense MV four to seven if you know what that is. Shotguns like eight seventies and Browning Light twelve revolvers. They have more than forty revolvers, Taurus eighty five, a setting, a match set of Vaccio's I'm not sure what those are. But pistols, Yeah, about one hundred and fifty tons of pistols, concealed carry options and they have older guns as well as newer ones high end nineteen Eleven's just a great opportunity for you to save money and get a quality firearm at twenty two three on round forty two between Mason eleven and find them online. Family own and operated small business, truly amazing at every level. They have a gunsmith. They also have multiple training opportunities as well, huge huge, a variety of training classes and a very welcoming environment. Don't forget Friday night date night as well. Learn more online at twenty two three dot com. That's the number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot.
Speaker 15: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 21: At U line they know first hand Height eighteen fifty five KRCD talk station A very happy Monday too. You go here from the since Anava coming up for our KRC Care segment at eight forty. In the meantime, all were financials Brian James offering his insights on money Monday, and sadly something I'm painfully aware of. I do go grocery shopping every week with my wife, and food prices have gone up precipitously, and most notably I just look at the price of beef quite often. I'll just pick up a package just to see where it is in terms of how much price per pound, and then put it back down to the beat section, just because it's just like it's mind blowing. And eggs, of course we can blame bird flu for that. I mean there's no I don't think there's a relationship with the price of eggs and inflation more so than they've just been slaughtering all the chickens because of bird flu. But what's the story from Walmart's CEO on food prices.
Speaker 19: Doug mc millan's not in a good mood this morning, so he's the CEO of Walmart, and he's highlighting that strain that's coming up on American consumers due to this. So yeah, we're not shocked at this. I even paying attention to the headlines at all. It's been hard to avoid whichever side of it you're on. It's been hard to avoid the discussion about egg prices. But Doug, who is paying attention of course to how much money his company is making, as that is his job, is seeing he's a good predictor of what people are doing.
Speaker 20: There at the cash register there.
Speaker 19: So we're seeing impact on things like beef and eggs, non alcoholic beverages, sugar and sweets. Sugar is up almost six and a half percent. We're seeing non alcoholic beverages up to four percent, of beef and veal we're looking at to be of about three percent.
Speaker 20: Now, these are all facts.
Speaker 19: And when we can find these anywhere, I think it's more impactful at least worth talking about.
Speaker 20: Brian to what should somebody do about this?
Speaker 19: This question comes up all the time in the course of my day as a financial planner. People want to know them is it time for me to worry about this? What should I be doing about this? Inflation I keep hearing about. My question is always Okay, what were you spending on all of these items before? Then we can figure out what the impact is going to be. And most of the time, and this is a necessarily bad thing. Most of the time, people have no idea because we've not kept budgets.
Speaker 20: We don't know where we are.
Speaker 19: So that's a great first step is to understand where your money's going in the first place, so that you can model out some impact and figure out whether you really need to worry about this or just be mad at the cash register.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess part of me I want to react by saying, Okay, I'm glad sugary beverages are more expensive, and I'm glad people are buying fewer of them because that's a discretionary item. You don't need mountain dew in your life, right, I mean, I'm kind of been on a sugar tear of late. But in the final analysis, if you need nutrition to stay alive, you need certain calories. Hopefully your calories are coming from something that's good for you. But rather than buying mountain dew, maybe you just drink a glass of water. Is your life going to be really impacted to the negative for that, No, I would say it's going to be a positive result. I don't know if that's baked into this cake, if that's by design or intention, but you know, maybe it'll force people to make more responsible choices because your dollar is not going as far at the grocery store.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and we will see that impact. We've seen that happen before when we've had price bikes. People do tend to change their behavior, and I, personally, I don't believe this is part of any engineered change of behavior by any administration. It's just I think we've got an administration that truly just cares about let's make this country as successful from a commercial and business standpoint as it possibly can, and they're making decisions to move us in that direction. These are again not designed results, but it's it's just simply what's happening.
Speaker 20: I agree with you.
Speaker 19: If people bought less sugar and less and less stuff like that, we're probably in a better spot. But the fact that we're seeing inflation increasing on those indicates that demand may be rising the companies. Companies may be buying more. It's not necessarily people buying bags of sugar. It could be companies buying it more at a commodity level and because they feel like that's where they can make their profits fair enough.
Speaker 2: On that, I got a kick out of his observation that you see people are buying smaller pack sizes than they used to, but with shrinkflation, they were doing that anyway, even if they wanted the family sized bag. The family size bag now on contains twelve ounces where it used to contain eighteen ounces or something along those lines. I just thought that was an interesting comment, given that we all lived through shrinkflation.
Speaker 20: Right, Yeah, and it is.
Speaker 19: That's another cycle that we see too, when it's harder for companies to make money off of off of the original sizes and things that they were making. One way and they know they can't push the button and sell more, another way can be to make it cheaper to sell the same amount by putting smaller projects inside smaller products, inside little packages that they won't notice.
Speaker 2: I remember a commercial about that the guy that saved the company one hundred million dollars a year by taking like one olive out of the olive jar.
Speaker 19: You know, y and airlines make their take the tomatoes off of their off of their rubber chicken sandwiches and saved billions of dollars.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, it does add up.
Speaker 2: It does does make sense in the long run, every little bit counts, all right. Pivoting over to restaurants, and I've observed this also. Carry out has gotten really expensive compared to the not that long ago. Even we it's an Asian restaurant, and I don't think there was a single entree that was less than like twenty two dollars. And we're talking about just standard, you know, Chinese food kind of orders and that that is just like mind blowing to me. But that's the direction that's gone. But more and more are going bankrupt too.
Speaker 19: Yeah, we're seeing that bankruptcy is coming out of but a lot of these are older names, so it's not I don't think we're yet at a point where all of it is a totally their fault of inflation and so forth. These are things that have kind of run their course. So the big one, big ones we've seen recently, TGI Fridays, Denny's, Ruby Tuesday, Red Lobster, all of them have filed for bankruptcy protection. Hooters hit the headlines as of this morning. Their food sucked though exactly. You know the only thing that I ever liked about Hooters their mild sauce with it was a jar of death, but it was really good. Oh, I think you're got a good buffalo sauce with butter in it, which is, you know, good in the long run, but not so much of.
Speaker 2: The schwartz had nothing to do with the wait staff.
Speaker 10: Now this is.
Speaker 20: Off the shelf at Kruger. Still get it.
Speaker 2: With Yes, they out of trouble, ran James. Well, you know this this could be I mean, I understand the COVID. They required to borrow money to stay open, and they got you know, debt service on that. I mean, I note the article says this meant companies accumulated debt they had to pay back over time plus interest. Someone wrote us government right next to that. Oh right, that was me. But there's more competition out there, and there are better products going back to Hooters. If you can go someplace down the street that has superior chicken wings, then you're gonna go there, right, And that's what.
Speaker 19: I was hinting at before with these these are older chains. Restaurants do run their courses and there are some icons that never go away. But if you just look over time, there aren't any restaurants that have been aside from these, you know, ridiculously long family owned type stories that have been in existence for one hundred hundred and fifty years. It generally doesn't work that way. They last a few decades at most. That's a huge success story, but eventually people's taste change some if things feel dated, TGI Fridays and Applebee's, which doesn't exist anymore, I don't think. But anyway, they've all kind of run the course and become the butt of jokes after ten years. It's very easy for consumers to change their minds and go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the quality can go down as well, frishes and we end up losing our frishes locally. All right, let's pause. We'll bring Brien James back for one more. Talk about four oh one k balances. Which direction are they going around? You're right back.
Speaker 15: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Listener start for the weather, Channel nine says sunny day for the most part, forty eight for the high, down to thirty eight over night, under clear sky, thady tomorrow, but warming up to sixty degrees. Rain shows up around nine pm. It'll drop to fifty one overnight and we get a lot of rain on Wednesday. They say rain will continue for most of the day. Windy, yes, gus up to forty to forty five miles per hour possible and a high at fifty four twenty seven degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic editions from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 5: From the UC Hout Tramphing Center.
Speaker 14: When it comes to multiple scleroses, trust the experts at the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care.
Speaker 5: Learn more at UC health dot com.
Speaker 14: He spend two seventy five continues slow from Coleraine Avenue to wreck before you get to win and the Reck's end the media and so westbound Slow's just a bit to get by southbound seventy five break lights through Lachland, northbound seventy five and extra ten minutes out of Erlmonger Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Eight twenty eight come to an eight twenty nine I fifty five KERCD talk Station. A very happy Monday to you, Brian Thomas, with one more segment with money Monday's Brian James moving over to four oh one K balance is something he knows all about since he's an ancial planner. That's what it is all about. Hopefully everybody's investments are going well. Which direction are we going in four oh one K balances because the market seems to have been doing pretty well late now, they've.
Speaker 19: Been going up and yeah, that's it shouldn't be too big of a shock the market is the market usually goes up and not down. And we've seen, you know, the market hit an all time high in December and it's touched that twice, once in January, once in February. So the average balance for a four toh one K retirement accounts about one hundred and thirty one thousand dollars. That's the second highest average we've had on Revered on record. So that's a good thing. But that does happen when the economy is going okay. There's a lot of scary headlines out there, but underneath that are a lot of people who are doing okay and making it through. And actually contributions are up too, so we've seen a we've seen large amount of people putting more and more for one K dollars in and that's represented in the fact that we're seeing these balances go up. So when the economy is doing okay, people will put more money in. When people start to slow down on their contributions, that can be an indicator as well, because they're needing to kind of pinch pennies a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, and I don't know how you reckon saw more people putting away more money in a four one K plan when we talked about the other topics, which is inflation is soaking up a lot more dollars at least in terms of the grocery prices.
Speaker 19: Yeah, fair point, But that's what I was hinting at before.
Speaker 20: There are a lot of people out there who were doing just fine.
Speaker 19: We're in an economy, Brian, where we were in a country where we worry about the profit margin of our public traded companies. There are a lot of people who get hurt by that. There are a lot of people who make a lot of money off of it. I'm not here to weigh in on whether that's good or bad. But if you're somebody who's got the ability to put away more money than you spend every month, then you've been in a great environment really for the last several years, and I would say even prior to that, we had twenty twenty two, which was one of the five worst years we've ever had in the stock market. But there's been a lot of years where it's been a lot better than that, And so that's why we're seeing these balances, the highest average balances we've ever seen, meaning people are putting it in and.
Speaker 20: Allowing it to grow and not relying on it.
Speaker 19: The average contribution nowadays is about fourteen percent, which really that's an eye popping number, and I want to read a little more into that to see where that came from.
Speaker 20: But that's what's being highlighted here in the article.
Speaker 2: Well, as every good financial planner, I'll tell you should at least put something in it for no other reason then to make sure you get if you have one, the employer match. I mean, that's just sound financial planning right there.
Speaker 19: Yeah, absolutely, that's free money that's sitting there on the table waiting for you to take it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 19: Of course, you have to make sure that you can pay your bills. None of this matters if you can't pay your bills, If you're running up credit card bills for the sake of building up.
Speaker 20: Your four O one K.
Speaker 19: In the end, that's going to balance out and kind of work against you. So it all comes down to budgeting. And as I've been teaching my kids and their friends as it has come up, you have go to find your way to get yourself in a situation where you can spend less than you make. Do that for thirty five forty years and you'll be just fine, regardless of what the headlines are.
Speaker 20: And that's true for everybody as of right now as well.
Speaker 2: My wife and I've been trying to do that since when we first met. I think it's in my West Side genetics to spend less than we make. Just searching everywhere whenever you can save some money, even if it's just a small amount, All that adds up over the long haul. I mean, it really is. I remember just struggling with the reality when we were living in Chicago. You know, we had a budget for our house, and I've talked about the interest rates and you know, the balloon mortgage we had to get. But we bought a comparatively modest home compared to what my peers at the law firm were buying. And I was just sort of just in amazement at you know, they felt the need to buy this huge monstrosity of a home, and I just like, I'm thinking to myself, why all the resources you got are going into your home. You become house poor, and that to me is the ultimate, you know, a financial sin from my perspective. Anyway, Yeah, I've got.
Speaker 20: A similar story there too, related to housing.
Speaker 19: So we moved into a house in the early two thousands, and it would have been, you know, normally probably your second home, and you know, then you kind of graduated one little more space, want a bigger house or whatever. But we got lucky and landed in a neighborhood with a bunch of absolutely fun, wonderful people, and.
Speaker 20: None of us have ever left.
Speaker 19: So that occurred to me as I've done financial plans for my clients a lot of times, I'm seeing mortgages where they bought a house in their late forties early fifties, presumably for that reason, got bored one of different change of scenery.
Speaker 20: I didn't do that.
Speaker 19: And I'm realizing now that our house is almost paid off and I'm not going to have that mortgage hanging over my head. And that's the reason. It had nothing to do with a conscious decision. It just worked out, But it had to do with the fact that we simply didn't have the desire to move because of the people that were around us. That not everybody has that fortunate situation. But there is a very very mathematical impact to not having a mortgage for the rest of your retirement.
Speaker 2: Amen into that. Nacktol I pointed out earlier in my psychologically speaking, not having a mortgage was always just critical to me because I can't stand the concept of owing money. I just can't stand it. I mean, there have been periods in my time my life, well you had to have a credit card balance. It was just required, you know, you had necessities and you didn't have the money in the bank, and it just loomed over me like this monster. So I'm just uncomfortable with debt, knowing people money, and so that's that's kind of driven my financial planning throughout my entire life.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and that's when we do financial plans at all Worth, we'll build into the plan a quote unquote spending goal of getting that debt paid down. Mortgages aren't necessarily the scariest thing, it's not the worst, not the end of the world if you have one. But if you're about to retire with thirty thousand dollars in credit card debt, then we need to sit down and have a and have a little bit of a come to Jesus conversation, because that kind of thing is going to blow up in your face. But it's understanding the situation that you're in, figuring out the resources you have with which to address, and then implementing a plan.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the beauty of having a financial planner. It's like having a responsible adult telling you what to do not to do right. It's your You're the job is to be like a surrogate parent. That's absolutely true.
Speaker 19: As a financial I'm a human too. As a financial planner, I make the same mistakes. I just know exactly the impact of the bad choice I'm about to make sometimes.
Speaker 2: Brian James, appreciate your assistance every week with these issues and bringing things to our attention and providing some sound financial advice. I'll look forward to another edition of Monday Monday next Monday. Have a great week, my friend.
Speaker 20: Thank you sir.
Speaker 2: Have a good week. All right, let's help out the VA since Ava going to be on next for KRC cares. It's A thirty five right now. If if you have KCD Talk station, this is.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 15: Get ready for the biggest night in podcasting.
Speaker 5: iHeart podcast A thirty eight.
Speaker 2: If you have KCD Talk station, it's not for KRC cares. Always look forward to having my dear friend Todd Sledge from the CINCINNTIVA helping veterans out with their health care. And that's what it's all about, healthcare. Welcome back, Todd. It's always a pleasure to have you on the program. Yeah, Brian, good, Good Monday morning. Te you.
Speaker 16: It's always, like you said, great to talk about veterans and what we're doing here at the Cincinnati VIA to get get those folks who put.
Speaker 5: Their name on the dot line on all the hope they can.
Speaker 2: And as we ultimately conclude every time we talk, there's there's like no downside signing up for your VA benefits. I mean, you know, nobody's forcing you to use them, but they're right there waiting for you. So anyway, I understand you get a lot of compliments of late you want to pass along some of those to the listeners.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I just wanted to mention a few Brian with with the given affairs that are that were you know, dealing with as federal employees. It's been pretty uh pretty overwhelming emotionally positively to see how many veterans have stepped out and wanted to talk about their experiences with us. And I know how you like to hear the positivity that's going on. Absolutely, and so I've got too quick an excerpts here. I won't mention any names obviously for for privacy reasons, but uh got one. Got this last week gentleman sent me an email and he said, I would just like to self report that the folks at the Hamilton Community based out patient Clinic, which is out there in Butler County, said he went in for treatment of depression and suicide ideation, and through the process of that and his coordination folks and the annual physicals, he began immediately receiving glasses and seeing twice a year to ensure that his cataracts are not getting any worse. So he's very happy to be able with that. Also went to audiology, received new here in age two. Things you and I both talk about all the time. Oh yeah, with our veterans. Then he goes on to say, my wife and I attended marriage counseling recently successfully completed counseling, and while won a difference. He goes, I routinely meet with my whole health coach at this clinic. I'm an active participant. I've been in the sixteen week Move program, which is a weight loss program, and he goes, I've lost forty five pounds.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 16: He goes on to say, I've been counseled by a VA dietician to eat better, how to cook better. I'm participating in driver's training programs to regain my Ohio operators permit because of the cataracts. And I plan to participate in the upcoming sixth Service Challenge thing that we have going on here.
Speaker 5: He goes on to say.
Speaker 16: He goes, I began to ride a recumbent bike through the VA to help me treat my depression, my loss of socialization, prove my physical, physical ability and mental fitness, and prolong my life.
Speaker 2: I get online on a.
Speaker 16: TV that the system and different things that the VA provided me so I could not ride alone, but I just wanted to share these few things that the Cincinnati va what they've done for me, and they've improved my life, and.
Speaker 2: Going honest, really tell a story. Yes, I thought you'd appreciate that. I truly do. And I've been on my own personal quest to try to improve my health through my diet, and I and my listeners known as I probably stick of hearing you say, you know, did my best to really pretty much eradicate any added sugars in my diet. I don't drink sodas, I never really did anyhow, but you know, just looking out for where the added sugars are and trying to get rid of them, and that alone has improved my mood. I can't imagine that guy. He he's got hearing problems, he's overweight, he doesn't exercise, and just correcting those three things that would dramatically impact, you know, something like depression and perhaps suicidal ideation, I'd imagine. I'm not a psychiatrist a psychologist, and don't play one on radio, but I mean, given my personal experience with diet and its relationship to mood boy, that that that has to help tremendously.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, And the reason why I wanted to talk about that excerpt expert from that particular veteran. It's you know, he talked about eyeglasses, hearing aids, mental health, food, all the whole health stuff. So this is really a good description of what the VA does. Yeah, and you know we're we you know, I don't say this a lot, and I should more so is that you know, we're more than healthcare. We do offer a lot of the health and welfare type support systems with things. I just thought I diduld share that this morning because it's just an outstanding really a snapshot of all the different things.
Speaker 5: And he's getting all this under one roof.
Speaker 16: Yeah he's not driving multiple places and just just fantastic. I can't wait to personally meet him in person.
Speaker 2: Oh I have that.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Do you offer a mental telehealth for mental services?
Speaker 20: Absolutely?
Speaker 16: We do so that you know, veterans are given an option, you know, if they like to be seen in person or if they like to be seen through telehealth. And you know that's a big advantage for many of our veterans that are working, uh you don't you know, don't have the flexibility and the liberties to get away from work, so you know, they can schedule to be seen before work on a break lunchtime, you know, different times to do that so they can be coordinated.
Speaker 2: And it's is it easy to get an appointment? I know out in the world of non veterans, you know, finding a mental health provider is a struggle in and of itself. Sometimes yeah, yeah, so you know, once again, you know, we're regulated in mandate to get appointments within thirty days or thirty five days, and this is heavily, heavily scrutinized and followed as a performance measure.
Speaker 16: So like my boss who's the director of the hospital, you know, this is one of the things that she's evaluated on to make sure we're within this parameters, not only with mental health, with all of those services. And so sometimes when we can't meet that because of maybe a medical condition that the doctor considers, or maybe travel time or distance, this is where the community care aspect comes into place, where veterans get approved for community care away from us.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, Well, I guess I have to you know, going along with the availability of the care that you offer along those lines, you haven't suffered from cutbacks from the current administration, that you aren't struggling to meet the needs of the of the of the veterans in our community.
Speaker 16: No, Brian, we you know where there's been no cutbacks to us. We're going to work continuing our mission here to Cincinnati VA. As I think I might have mentioned on our last show together last year in twenty twenty four, we set an all time record for the number of veterans we served in that given year, and we continue to keep growing with veterans looking at the healthcare options, and we continue to maintain a ninety two percent or above trust score with our veterans when when they're asked and surveyed about the services and customer service and care that they receive.
Speaker 2: That speaks volumes right there, because I know we went through some troubled times of the VA going back a decade or so, and I think you said, I know locally anyway, you've got those problems ironed out, and I know things keep getting better every year. So we'll pause, we're being Todd Sledge and the CINCINNTIVA back and we'll talk about why those veterans out there who haven't signed up should, even especially those under the age of fifty, among other things, be right back.
Speaker 15: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The cold weather is here.
Speaker 3: So you and your heating system.
Speaker 2: TAM nine tells us as far as weather goes anyway, sunny day for the most part, high of forty eight tonight down to thirty eight with clear sky, cloudy, although a high as sixty Tomorrow, fifty one overnight with wind and rain showing up around nine pm, and then we get a full day of rain. That says on Wednesday, gusts win forty to forty five miles by hour possible Wednesday sight fifty four closing out a twenty eight degrees time for final traffic chucking.
Speaker 5: Room from the UC Tramping Center.
Speaker 14: When it comes to multiple spurosis, trust the experts at you see Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Renovative and Comprehensive Care.
Speaker 5: Earn more at u S health dot com.
Speaker 14: Cruise continue to work with a wreck in the media, and that's on two seventy five near Winton eastbound slows from before Hamilton Avenue westbound's heavy left lane block dog by emergency vehicles half pound seventy five break.
Speaker 5: What's in and out on Blackland?
Speaker 14: There's a wreck near Oakley on Madison at Drake chucking ram on fifty five krs.
Speaker 5: The talk station.
Speaker 2: See the talk station. Brian Thomas with Todd Sledge from the CINCINNTI VA. Boy, Todd, I don't think you could have had a better commercial for the reason to get your VA benefits in the story you just told in the last segment. But it illustrates the profound benefit of signing up for the VA. But you want to make an appeal to those veterans under the age of fifty. So's explained why. That's why it's so important.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Brian, you know, thanks for that. Yeah, you know, for for myself doing this for so long. What I continue to just see with our veterans who were past the age of fifty, especially when they get in their sixties in early seventies, is they've they never took advantage of getting enrolled into the VA healthcare system. And so, you know, as life goes on, and you know, in these these temples of our bodies we think we take care of, they do break down.
Speaker 2: Like a good old car, Yes they do. Our warranties expired at some point some earlier day.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, no matter how much he changed the oil or the tires. You know, things do they wear it down. And so you know what I've seen so many different times. Is you know, I'll get get a lot of calls like you do from friends, acquaintances, different connections, and they'll say, you know, hey, my dad or my grandfather, my uncle, you know, they're in a private facility or there are over a christ or a different hospital and not that they don't do good services, and they're like, you know, dad's a va. Why are we having to take care of this stuff? And so never enrolled. So you know the encouragement of just getting enrolled and making sure that you're in our system, finding out the type of different things, the portfolio of care that we can provide you that can go along with private health insurance or if you lose your health coverage because of a spouse retires, or different costs of stuff. You know, that portfolio I talk about as eyeglasses and hearing aids and mental health services, but it's just more than that too, the long term care benefits, you know, the the oncology stuff, the different things that we have where you know, as someone who served their country, they're not having their personal assets attacked through private health care costs that we all face as being a veteran because as you've said many times this is one of the things that you get when you signed up to serve the country.
Speaker 2: So you do offer long term care solutions?
Speaker 5: Yes, we do.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 16: We have a full service what we call our community Community Living Center here, which is a very robust nursing home, hospice care. We do this stuff in home. We have contracts in the out in the Tri State where veterans can go. So, oh, it's a gamut of it's a gamut of services that we have here. You know, there's nothing we do not do here, except for we don't do transplants, and we do not have a spinal cord injury program. However, we can send you to v any Va in our area to do that or in the private sector.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's an amazing benefit. As long as you and I have been talking, I never realized you offered long term care solution because I mean that that'll talk about eating up one's savings and later in life. That is I mean for whole families. You know, we got to take care of Dad, and it's costing us X thousands of dollars a month in this long term care facility, and we're struggling already. This I mean you're in a huge bind.
Speaker 16: Yeah, absolutely well, and that's you know, part of the different things not only enrolling in our system, but also talking to a local service officer at your county office in Hamilton County or Butler County or Claremont County or in house here about the different disability benefits related to your services that you're eligible for. Because here's the other factor, Brian is as veterans, if they get it, if they are able to get a minimum of seventy percent service connected, that's not just for one condition. It could be a combination of different percentages that add to seventy, then their long term care is free. So there's all kinds of these different advantages of different things, and which is why I encourage every veteran to come and talk to a expert about all the benefits that are able well in terms of long term care facility.
Speaker 2: I know from so many conversations with veterans and veterans group veterans like hanging out with fellow veterans. There's a relationship element there that's already built in. So if you were going to a retirement facility where you don't know anybody but versus a veterans facility where at least you have a tie that binds. I imagine that's got to be very I mean at least psychologically benefit of beneficial. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it doesn't matter the age too, you know.
Speaker 16: I chuckle of times when I get a chance to go over to our community living center and I you know, here about about two months ago, we had a veteran who was here who's turned one hundred years old, and we had a beautiful birthday for him. And even at one hundred, he was still rasm guy that was in the army because he was a marine, you know, because because I think the gentleman that was younger said asking for a piece of cake, and he is nat, I don't feed army.
Speaker 2: That's great, bust that even late in life, it never stops. That's great. Well, remind my listeners about where the sites are available for us since a vacare. Yeah.
Speaker 16: So you can find all of our locations on online at Cincinnati, VA dot gov. If you google that, it show you all that there's a location, stab show you all that we're located. But real quick I can mention those We have two facilities in Kentucky, so Brian and we serve three states, three bordering states. Here in the tri state area fifteen counties. We have two clinics in Kentucky, one in Florence, one in Bellevue. Also over in Dearborn, Indiana beautiful State of the Ark clinic over there in the Lausburg community. You go north, as I mentioned our Hamilton community based out patient clinic which is in Butler. Then you go out east you have the Claremont Seaboch out there as well, and then also out in Georgetown, we also have a full eye center down here on Highland Avenue, and also in Norwood we have our Health and Behavior Wellness Center for that. So you know those where all of our facilities are. And I know we're getting close to the end of time. I do want to mention Brian as we talk about communication. My office is now started a podcast. Oh cool, Yes, now out on Spotify and the different platforms. We're doing these about once every four to five weeks, and I love the.
Speaker 2: Name of it.
Speaker 16: A gentleman in my office who's a combat veteran, he came up with the name for our podcast, and it's called Beyond the Boots. So the theme is, you know, after you wear those boots, so we're still going to take care of you later on. So folks and who are podcast listeners, go on there and check that out.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. What a great opportunity for folks to stay in touch and get involved and learn more about the VA. Todd Sledge on behalf of all my veteran friends out there and their families. Thanks for everything you and the Cincinni VA do for them. And I'll encourage my veteran friends out there. If you not signed up for your VA benefits, there's no downside to doing it. Todd. We'll talk again real soon. Thanks again.
Speaker 16: Yeah, my pleasure, Brian, and thank you for what you do and we really appreciate all your support all the time.
Speaker 2: My distinct pleasure from the bottom of my heart. We'll talk again. It's eight fifty six, folks. You needn't hear Chris. He's smith, Maman always on a tear boy. He was rail on today. Check out the podcast at five karse dot com. A conversation with Brian James Monday Monday, and of course this conversation with Todd Sledge. Get your iHeartMedia while you're over there tomorrow. The Bright Bart Inside Scoop and the Daniel Davis Deep Dive, among other topics. Thanks as always Joe Strekker for your wonderful job producing the show. Folks have a wonderful day. Don't go wegg. Come on Beck's next.
Speaker 5: News happens fast. Stay up to date. At the top of the hour, We're moving very quickly. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by our American Stories.
Speaker 2: This is