Speaker 1: It may the fall off be with you, Thunderbolton, Lightning, a very very frightening MCU fivetigue X is for ten, popcorn bucket, Brigade Roadhouse two or big pile of poo? What else will we get before GTA six and so much more? But before that news Dump, Mac, it was the fourth of May. Hall what's up?
Speaker 2: Also?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right?
Speaker 2: And they changed it though? Did they change that in Church? You don't say it also with you anymore.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not gonna lie. I haven't been there in a while. Yeah, Jeff Piel, Yeah, I don't know what the answer is. So make stars. If you burn the trash, it makes stars. But Mac, it was the fourth of May, and we had some stuff come out with Star Wars. Only two things that appeal to me that will fall into news dump Number one somehow has returned to Fortnite, and in the game you had a machine gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's what Fortnite is. It's a first person shoot that's actually a third person.
Speaker 1: But all I could think of when I saw him with the machine gun is that would have made so much more sense if he had that in Revenge of the Sith, Like when Mace Windu when he was like you're under arrest and he's like no now. As opposed to that, Yeah, as opposed to that stupid like twirl in status if he had just shot the Jedi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really liked that. It being the twentieth anniversary of Revenge of the Sith, it being made the fourth we had many a tweets talking about Palpatine spin jumping and killing those two poor three Jedi. Well, yeah, but initially those two and then the other guy gets.
Speaker 1: There wasn't enough time to respond. He was too quick.
Speaker 2: It's truly, uh truly, I said it at the time, and I've been thinking about it in a few days since. It's gotta be the worst lightsaber battle they've ever It's real, real bad. It's like easily the worst.
Speaker 1: Also, it was still at the theaters this past weekend. I thought it was a one week thing in its twentieth anniversary. First twentieth anniversary was Revenge of the Sith just added back to theaters permanently.
Speaker 2: Well, it's twentieth anniversary. Technically isn't even until.
Speaker 1: It's not until later this month. Yeah, as we talked about in the last episode.
Speaker 2: I think they want they're probably given it two or three weeks. It's my guess, or maybe.
Speaker 1: It's too long. Act that's too long. It should be a one week thing.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do if it did? Push it over? A nine hundred million Doctors News.
Speaker 1: Also for Star Wars, George Lucas, while speaking to TMC or TCM I assume is Turner Classic Movies, on why Yoda speaks backwards, he said, because if you speak regular English, people won't listen much.
Speaker 2: He's not wrong, he's no time anyone's talking to me. I'm not paying attention.
Speaker 1: Like do or do not? There is no try. If someone said to you try or don't try whatever, like, I'm not going to pay attention to that.
Speaker 2: It does make you because it's almost it almost turns it into math. You have to solve the equation when Yoda's talking and you're like, hold on a second, what did he actually just say?
Speaker 1: I was so excited, me and my wife, My wife and I and my son. We went to Starbucks on Sunday, or we went to Target. There's a Starbucks inside of Target, and I.
Speaker 2: Think Starbucks was inspired by Star Wars.
Speaker 1: It's May the fourth, so it's Starbucks weekend, and on the board there was a trivia question and it said has many keys, but will not open doors. And I jumped instantly piano immediately. Yeah, I felt like Burt Ward.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, yeah, do you want to play trivia tonight with me and Billy? Where up the street from my apartment?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gone. I'm sick. Okay, all right, my fucking body is falling apart right now.
Speaker 2: I feel man, I've been there, done that for fucking a decade now.
Speaker 1: So also, George Lucas said, uh, Yoda is basically the philosopher of the movie. I had to figure out a way to get people to actually listen, especially twelve year olds.
Speaker 2: No, he's right, he's one hundred percent right. Just by that little change. Well, I guess it's a pretty big change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's big change.
Speaker 2: That change makes you hang on every word he says.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. He's death over At the box office. This past weekend, Thunderbolts Aster Risk made seventy six million domestic, one sixty two worldwide on a budget of one hundred and eighty and it seems like they're already taking steps to not have a large drop off in week two.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this was all a part of their plan. Goo, this is all a part of their plan.
Speaker 1: I hate it all along, Oh, I love it.
Speaker 2: I hate I love it because this is like the fourth lowest opening for them in a long time. And so by rebranding, and if you haven't seen Thunderbolts already, so be it. This is a bit of a spoiler, but.
Speaker 1: Not really skip ahead thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so at the end of that movie, they are rebranded as the New Avengers. And so what they're going around now is going over the Thunderbolts part of posters and putting the New Avengers. And that's going to rope in that borderline audience. Right, that audience were talking.
Speaker 1: The week to drop off. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is they had planned it already. They're not trying to combat a week to drop off.
Speaker 1: This was their plan from the Yeah, I'm aware of what their plan is. But what I'm saying is, given you.
Speaker 2: Didn't finish my thought, I hate it, lets me finish my thought. They're going to rope in that fringe, those fringe people that all right, it didn't have the big name attached, didn't have the Cathain America of the Spider Man. But now it's got Avengers attached to it. Right now, it's got eighty eight ninety four percent on Roddy. T's anyone that was borderline? Am I seeing it in the theaters? They're gonna go see it now.
Speaker 1: I know that. I understand that's what their plan was. Also, don't also a part of what their plan was is to have I would say, certain people see the movie ahead of time and leak ahead of time what the of the movie is, so that you can also get those people in the first week as well.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest with you, they didn't do a good job of it. Goo, I'm all over the internet constantly on chronically on the line.
Speaker 1: All you do is brag internet me. That's all ever.
Speaker 2: Made to me. If your leaks don't make it to me, you're not leaking in the right spot.
Speaker 1: So they've rebranded the movie. It'll probably make close, not close. You might have a drop off out I'll say thirty three percent, which will be fine. No, that's a good drop off.
Speaker 2: And like everyone's really liking the movie, So this is gonna hold strong for a few weeks. Here it's gonna it's gonna make a good amount of money. Like like you said, one hundred and sixty two million worldwide, one hundred and eighty million dollar budget. It's probably gonna get end up getting over five hundred million. I think.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna title this episode Marvel is back. Marlo's back, by bay quick bait the shit out of this. Marvel is back, and then we'll talk about Yoda to start it off. So that's good stuff. Let's see here. In its third week, Sinners made thirty three million dollars twenty eight percent drop off. It is now over two one hundred and thirty six million dollars. It is the second fun fact go ahead, I was gonna read it, but you can do it.
Speaker 2: I was seeing you up. Here's a fun fact made out with your sister. Uh. The second biggest third domestic weekend at the box office for R rated film of all time.
Speaker 1: Many things going on there, look ahead.
Speaker 2: Beating Oppenheimer and Joker. However, the tweet that I stole this from did tell us it was number one, So who knows was number one? No one knows?
Speaker 1: Minecraft just under fourteen million, forty percent drop off. It is at eight seventy five worldwide, and The Accountant Too dropped sixty one percent to nine point five.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to see the account in two in theaters, but I will see it when it's.
Speaker 1: Extreamey news damp tons more coming up here for Thunderbolts turned up. I don't want people to, you know, turn us off for jump Ahead too much. I'll do chapters maybe in the description if I can think of doing that later, just to try. And I don't want to spoil the movie. I hate how Marvel is spoiling the movie for to.
Speaker 2: Be fair, not a lot of spoilers in the movie, though, well, I mean kinda.
Speaker 1: The Russo Brothers directed the post credit scene in Thunderbolts.
Speaker 2: I told you guys this last week. I don't know if you weren't listening.
Speaker 1: You didn't say this last week, did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: In the episode?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, whatever, Yeah, I told you guys this. I didn't know that it was filmed on the set of Avengers Doomsday, but I did tell y'all that the Russo brothers directed it, and they have had a history of doing this leading into their Avengers films. Also, a part of what we discussed last week is the second bit of what happens in that post credit and how we think that drastically or I think it drastically changes my outlook on Fantastic four. Good didn't really agree. But go listen to our Thunderbolts thing and just scroll to the end if you want to hear us talking about.
Speaker 1: That news deep more importantly when it comes to the Thunderbolts. Julia Louis Dreyfus in the promotion of the movie was able to meet the Rizzler, but she was asked about it by BuzzFeed and said, no offense to that nice child, but I didn't know who he was.
Speaker 2: I hate the Rizzler out on the Z.
Speaker 1: I kind of hate Julia Louis Dreyfus.
Speaker 2: Now, I'll fuck you.
Speaker 1: If anyone should be a fan of the Rizzler, it should be Julia Louis Dreyfus.
Speaker 2: Would you say that j LD looks better now than she did thirty years ago?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, I think there was a stretch where I would say yes, I think now, well she's I don't want to speak ill of someone mac okay, but she's starting to get a little older.
Speaker 2: Dude, What do you want I think she looks better now than Teinfeld ed.
Speaker 1: If I'm looking at like best times, it's the New Adventures of Old Christine.
Speaker 2: She did look great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we're picking one Julia Louis Dreyfus, it's the New Adventures of Old Christine. One Julia Louis Dreyfus show too.
Speaker 2: I think that show went like five seasons.
Speaker 1: It went a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, with what's his name agent Coulson there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they also were able to fit in one title the words new and old. They're opposites, right, and that's the way you title show.
Speaker 2: A lot of high jinks in that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, news dope. Kevin Feige reportedly told Marvel colleagues that watching every new MCU project has begun to feel like homework and less like entertainment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sort of echoing the sentiment of a lot of viewers. It should feel like homework for him, though it's his fucking job. He's supposed to, you know, sort of do this. And I get what he's saying. You want to enjoy work, you don't want it to feel like work. But yeah, dude, it is your homework because it's your job.
Speaker 1: No, But I think he's also talking about the vast amount of Marvel stuff because he was anti TV shows. And here we go in the early twenty twenties, the creatives, well, no, did you get rid of some of my stuff here? I don't care. He was talking to the Wall Street Journal and he was saying that he was against doing the television shows, but he wanted to appease his Disney higher up. So he said, all right, and he's kind of over the years lost the quality control that he had during the first three phases.
Speaker 2: I get that, and that's you know, I mean, it's it's it's just the natural evolution of it. It got so popular that it got even bigger and bigger that one man could not conceivably oversee everything. And the other note here that you just stopped reading. They said he was spread so thin in the early twenty twenties during those couple COVID years that the creatives, the directors of the writers wouldn't hear for him from weeks, and then by the time they got Figy's feedback, it was too late to implement it. And we talked about this often over the last three four five years, where and this is this is heightened especially in multiverse of Madness when it was like no one that was making that movie had seen WandaVision or knew anything about any of the characters involved that movie. And you're like, how is this possible? How the fuck is that a thing? And fig He's gonna get the blame, and rightfully so, because he's the figurehead, just as quarterbacks hit the blame for football teams. But for Figgy to get the blame because Sam Raimi didn't watch anything in this universe, that's kind of bullshit.
Speaker 1: I think it was more the writers than Rami wasn't.
Speaker 2: It well, he was a producer on it, Like, it's just if your writers and directors aren't aware of the characters past that they're writing about, they should be writing about the character.
Speaker 1: Also having to do with Marvel fatigue, a lot of the employees regularly talk about it and are worried about the no New Fans club where no new viewers have any clue about what's going on, so they're dropping viewers, but they're not gaining any new ones.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, it's it's they just have to look at what Star Wars is. It's the most popular ip on the page.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do what Star Wars is doing.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is unavoidable. Like it's it's cyclical and they're only seventeen years and Star Wars is fucking forty fifty years in Like it's just you're gonna have these ebbs and flows once something gets so popular. It's just natural. You and I, like I would say, we're that forgiving, but we just love the MCU so much that like we do get to disappointed, but we're still there. You're still gonna have your core group of fans, just as Star Wars does. And then it's those fringe fans that like, okay, is Star Wars back? Okay, it's Marvel back. Then they come back. There's nothing you can do about that. That's natural.
Speaker 1: You want to be like Star Wars. You want half of your fans to love you, you want the other half to fuck it.
Speaker 2: It's inevitable. It's inevitable. That's like Harry Potter is another thing. Like just like it's gotten so popular that fans like just simple casting news fans are losing their minds over like.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's like us, it's like Mac and Goo. We have old fans. We have no new fans. I wouldn't even say fans. I've never used the word fans. To take that back. Good listeners, listeners, goobers, guys, Go tell a friend, Go steal your mom's phone, rate review, subscribe.
Speaker 2: Go into the Apple store right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, send us your credit card numbers. Please. We're trying to figure out a way to make money off of this. I think that's the best way to do it. Simply too good news dump. Kevin Figi also reportedly has a ten year plan for the X Men, beyond the upcoming Avengers movie Z. There's two.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought you were going to talk about the upcoming Avengers movies first, which I thought was a more better.
Speaker 1: Now, that's okay, you can add it into here. I don't want to hit that news dump button too much. People are getting news dump button fatigue.
Speaker 2: I also went to give you an editor's note at the top after you talked about Yoda. I wish you had said dump news. You know, well backwards talk there?
Speaker 1: All right, how about this say it now and then I'll add it to the beginning.
Speaker 2: Uh kut, I like what you don't need to tell us you have a ten year plan for the X Men. Just we know that there's a long term plan for the x X Men, don't make it an exact timeline. So now if it gets bumped off, now we're at eleven and now you're a liar. Just we have a long term plan for the X Men.
Speaker 1: I think it would have been more news or it would have been more newsworthy if he said we have a ten year plan for the X Men and it all involves Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.
Speaker 2: It just hinges on these two and if they die, we have no replacements.
Speaker 1: The lynchpins of what we're doing.
Speaker 2: And speaking of these Avengers movies, clearly we have Fantastic four coming up in a couple of months July, and then we have Avengers Doomsday May first of next year, and then we're getting Goog Spider Man brand New Day. We kind of forgot about that one July of twenty twenty six, that is sandwiched in between the two Avengers movies, and then Avengers Secret Wars will be in May seventh, twenty seven, and I still would be surprised if they changed the title of Secret Wars.
Speaker 1: You like music, don't you.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of music.
Speaker 1: I'd say, is there a song called brand New Day?
Speaker 2: No, that would be on holiday by green Day.
Speaker 1: That's not what I was thinking of on haa day work the other day. And I know that Keith and Jones have spoken about this in recent months. More than half of my coworkers had never heard green Day's brain stew featuring Godzilla, and they were blown away by it.
Speaker 2: I think we are at the tail end of original Green Day fans. Anyone younger than us only knows American idiot green Day. I don't know. Are you a Green Day guy?
Speaker 1: I think I was. It was a little before when I listened to music. I know, around the time when they broke in with Dukie, I was big into Seal. I was also, but you're you're the oldest child, so you're the trendsetter in your house. As a middle child, I would pretty much have to. I'd be into whatever my brother was into. So ninety five ninety six, he's really into TLC.
Speaker 2: Mariah Catte Boston Calling this year.
Speaker 1: So that's where I fell in and it's just T and C now.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's right. Lisa Leftaie's parents.
Speaker 1: Well, one of those one of those nineties Instagram accounts posted a great looking photo of Lisa left eye very attract It was her and uh Cartman doll. I'm like, this is a good little photo.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yeah, Goude. Would you ever get so mad someone that you would like their house on fire?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I would.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't rule it out for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then you would immediately put it out though your instincts would kick in immediately.
Speaker 2: I would be able to help it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no no no. Max a librarian, that's what we're The joke is when he's not here podcasting, he's doing the Dewey decimal system. You know what the I was at the library the other day and we were asking for a book. We were getting a Magic School Bus book. Sure, and uh, I was so disappointed that they were able to just put the book into their computer and they're like, oh, it's over here.
Speaker 2: You've been able to do that for twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but going by files, you know, dip through there. The Dewey decimal system and Thee's.
Speaker 2: Decimal system is for library users, not librarians. Libraryan knows where the book is.
Speaker 1: There is no Dewey decimal system at my library.
Speaker 2: I bet there is there is.
Speaker 1: Someone can critique me and let me know if there actually is one, but I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 2: Also, while we're here, fuck the Dewey decimal system. Remember like then teaching us that and like there's gotta be and like in second grade you were like there's gotta be a better way.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we were So we learned Dewey decimal system and cursive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two of the more useless things.
Speaker 1: We are the last of the Mehicans who have learned those things.
Speaker 2: Can can you tell us anything about the stock market? Can do you have any useful life skills? No? But I can write book titles in cursive and then file them by the Dowey.
Speaker 1: I can tell you where you can find Arthur.
Speaker 2: I remember you used to pull the fucking card out of the Dewey decimal system too. That's how you check it out. Like in there, there'd be like four of them. That means there's four copies of the book. You know, what a dumb system.
Speaker 1: I can't stand how my library has their Magic school Bus books. They're separated by topic, so like they aren't even all in one place. It separateds like nonfiction because you're learning or something, but like it's still fiction stories.
Speaker 2: So is their book does each Is it numerical? Are their numbers on each? Magic School? No?
Speaker 1: But the way that it's separated, it's by topic, So like the stuff that has to do with Earth will go with like geography and shit.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I don't know if I like that. I didn't like that.
Speaker 1: Just give me a stack of Magic School Bus books?
Speaker 2: Should we start Magic School Bus mondays where you you talk about the book that you reading.
Speaker 1: RAFFI great stories. I know the one where they where they go to space and that Redhead's cousin goes there and she's always trying to bring things back from each planet, and then she almost kills all the kids, and then the Redhead, to prove his point, takes off his space helmet on Pluto and only gets a cold from it.
Speaker 2: I remember this, This kid should be raped? Is Rafi watching the cartoon as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: We're doing the old school ones though, Yeah, no, you have to. How about when when when Ralphie gets sick and all the kids go inside him.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite episode.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you kind of look like Ralphie Fuck you. I don't look like him, but I would describe myself as a Carlos Oh. He's the comic relief of the show.
Speaker 2: I did notice a listener of ours on the YouTube that I looked like Will Campbell.
Speaker 1: I don't all, no, no, well, he really wants me to measure your arms the next time that we're in the same room to measure your arms.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's an apt comparison.
Speaker 1: I did. I did bring a tape measure to work on the Friday after the NFL draft, and I was so annoying. I'm walking around measuring everyone's arms and shit.
Speaker 2: Remember when we were in high school, maybe even middle school, there was that stupid fucking thing where we had sit down and put your feet up against a wooden box and see how far you could reach out.
Speaker 1: How dumb was that I have the tightest fucking leg muscles in the world. I would be so bad at that.
Speaker 2: You and I too goaltenders. Maybe this is why we sucked two of the least flexible people on the planet.
Speaker 1: I could do stretches at first base, though I can almost do splits at first can you still? I mean, I'm dying Mac. We already talked about this earlier Googer's time. At this point, news up Ryan Reynolds is writing a Deadpool x Men team up movie. The film will include three to four X Men members, with Deadpool as supporting As a supporting character, he is yet he has not yet pitched an idea to the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm okay with this because it seems like they're gonna use Deadpool as like a pseudo MCU character, Like he's just gonna float off to the side so he can do a little side question, like a side question the Void or side quest in in the Deadpool you know universe for lack of a better term, is fine with me. I don't know if it's fine with Figy, But if you're gonna green light you know, she Hulk, you can green light Ryan Reynolds Deadpool x Men movie.
Speaker 1: I feel like she Hulk is from a bygone era at this point.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's partially true.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, if he's gonna and I'm also curious how much if it's gonna be more of an X Men movie with Deadpool as a support character, how much is it going to be him writing for Deadpool and then someone else writing the big story for the X Men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be interesting. I mean, none of this matters until we get fully introduced to the team of X Men, presumably in a year at the end of Doomsday or during Doomsday.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing that's the tag for this podcast. By the way, none of this matters news dope. Jeremy Ranner has said that he turned down Hawkeye season two because he got offered half the salary that he made in season one, saying I'm like, I'm sorry, why did you think I'm only worth half of what I made in season one? Is because I'm half a Jeremy because I got a run over by a plow right smoked himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like one of those cat machines that he had gotten out of and then basically ran himself over. I don't know how to feel about this, because I thoroughly enjoyed Hawkeye season one, and I guess you would look to Loki for the blueprint as to how to do a second season for Hawkeye. Well, I don't know what they would do though, because there hasn't been much advanced with those characters other than Wilson Fist.
Speaker 1: Well, why don't you do a Hawkeye season two where now Hailey Steinfeld is the star of the show and you have her working with other characters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would like to see her kind of maybe team up with Spider Man. Would be loosely attached to Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Spider Man can't be on the show that it would be.
Speaker 2: My Yeah, I guess that's true. I guess that's true. I don't know. I don't know where they'd go, but I'm in on Steinfeld, I'm in on Kate Bishop. I really enjoyed Hawkeye season one, so I guess I would have been for this. But you can't pay your main star half of what you paid him in season one?
Speaker 1: Well, have you back same amount of work half the money? What do you think? New's dumb? He also seems he's a he's a no nonsense person, right, Like he seems like he is no nonsense, Like, why would you bring him nonsense?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Bullshit? A bullshitter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Like you should have a list of people that you can nonsense and people that you can't nonsense.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Renners not one, don't.
Speaker 1: Nonsense Jeremy Renner. Yeah, Mac, we have popcorn buckets on the horizon The first how to Train Your Dragon popcorn bucket has been revealed. I think this one's fine.
Speaker 2: It's fine. It also sounds like there's gonna be multiple how to Train Your Dragon popcorn buckets by it being phrased the first. But it's just that black dragon, whether it's named in its mouth open two place right, Yeah, there you go, something like that.
Speaker 1: We got one that I am gonna buy, and that is the fiftieth anniversary of Jaws. There is a popcorn bucket for that. It's a shark with an open mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a shark breaching. How its mouth would be opened just like that? That looks pretty cool. I do think the kids will really like the how to Train Your Dragon one.
Speaker 1: And then a Mission Impossible Final Reckoning popcorn bucket has been revealed. It can only be opened with a key. I didn't see this one. Can you describe it to me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It looks smaller, more like almost softball sized, maybe a little bit bigger, And there's a key to open the top of it so you get your popcorn.
Speaker 1: So it's a really small bucket of popcorn.
Speaker 2: Don't make me work for my popcorn here.
Speaker 1: That makes me think of Jimmy Kimmel told a story I think on touch Er and Rich about how Tom Cruise went to one of his football parties and much like mister Burns when he went to the boxing match at Homer's house and he just brought a little bag of Cheetos. That's what Tom Cruise did, like a little individual bag of snacks.
Speaker 2: Well you all remember, we all remember back in the day when we would host something, or you'd have people over your apartment in your twenties. You know you're there, you're having a grand old time. You'd bring some beers for people who drink. Everyone remembers the dickhead that only brought a six pack for themselves. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I would bring a thirty pack, but then just have it to myself hundred.
Speaker 2: Well sure, yeah, and you were fine if there'd be some leftover, you know, or your twelve pack of root beer would I would gladly drink your leftover root beers. But my point is we all know the person that used to come and just bring the six pack for themselves, and you're like, what, why are you here? You don't want to have fun with us.
Speaker 1: I'm bringing my winning spirit. I'm here to talk about out, uh Stefan Ridley for three hours. That's why I'm here. Here's dope a trailer for The Smashing Machine. This is an a twenty four movie starring Dwayne the Rock Johnson. And is it Amy Adams that was in it? No, Emily Blunt, Emily Blunt. This is coming out on October third. You can tell that it's The Rock because of his massive really well, because of his massive size. You look at him and you say.
Speaker 2: Big fucking dude. Yeah. They did a good job changing though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The prosthetics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta be otskew. This looks really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first trailer makes it look really good. And I drafted this in the movie draft, so I was somewhat interested in it, mostly because I'm leaning on the Safty whatever Safty brothers.
Speaker 1: I think it's Benny, right, I think so.
Speaker 2: But man, if if The Rock was ever gonna make a career change or show that he can really act, it's this movie. So you know, he put poured his heart and soul into it. And we talk about how in the past, how The Rock has only played The Rock exclusively for a really long time, and in direct contrast to that, Dave Patista showed a ton of range. So this is The Rock's chance to really break the mold. Granted, he's playing a big guy, but he's always gonna be a big guy. I'm I'm like pretty optimistic about this movie now.
Speaker 1: And I also so we do. We joke around a bit about Martin Scorsese and about some of his stuff, but like the fact that he most likely saw footage from this movie, saw some of what The Rock is doing in this movie. He's like, I'm gonna put him in my movie telling us that The Rock is doing some good stuff here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's a good note. It is a good note to see Scorsese, a guy like staunchly against every movie that The Rock has made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, casting The Rock. There's death. Also going to trailer for Now You See Me, Now you don't. I did not watch the trailer because I want to go sight unseen. When I came to the theater, I just.
Speaker 2: Wanted to be so surprised for the third Now You See.
Speaker 1: Me, I did see in the movie post Or there's a lady standing upside down and I'm so nervous that she's gonna fall.
Speaker 2: Well, she's she already on the ground.
Speaker 1: No, so like the stair it's they're all on like they're all super imposed on staircases. And then there's this one lady who's upside down up against the ceiling, and you know, if the magic wears off, she's gonna.
Speaker 2: Fall, she's gonna have a boo boo, She's gonna.
Speaker 1: Break her neck. That's not a fun movie. It's it's dump. Black Bag is now streaming on the cock Steven Soderberg, Michael Fassbender, Kate Blanchet. This is one of the best reviewed movies of the year so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll probably watch it this week, hopefully. And we have been starved for good movies in twenty twenty five, so I'm open.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we've hit a stretch of some good movies.
Speaker 2: We have two in a row, but those are the first really two good Yeah.
Speaker 1: One more, and that's a winning streak.
Speaker 2: It's true. It's a good point, good point.
Speaker 1: News. Dump Guy Ritchie is efficiently set to direct Roadhouse two. Is this the that was made with AI? The first one, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't know why this movie is getting made. The first one or the remake is terrible. The Jill and Hall's back. Guy Richie's here, So I posit you good? Would you rather watch Roadhouse two or be delivered a big bag of poo?
Speaker 1: I think the reason for this this had a morebius like Internet uprising of people that were like talking about this but in jest. And I feel like the the the Amazon, that's who's doing it. It'saw this and they like people like Ronos. I guess we're going to make a Ronos two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember we got the morebious re release. Yeah, it made like seven dollars.
Speaker 1: And everyone's like, you didn't get the joke. But also, it's morbid time.
Speaker 2: That's a that's not a bad comparison news.
Speaker 1: It's time for max video Game Minute, even if it's way more.
Speaker 2: So. GTA six good delayed to May twenty six, twenty twenty six, and I say, goo, GTA six put this on. The fucking episode title is just the Big Dig of video Games. Gt Big Dig of video Games?
Speaker 1: So well, so what do we call in the episode? So it's Marvel is back and GTA six is the Big Dig of video games. People are gonna think that's spam.
Speaker 2: We are now all getting all of these before GTA six Scream seven, somehow something called the Ghost of Yota. I don't know what the fuck that is, Squid Game season three, Avatar Fire and actually getting a third or fourth Avatar movie I don't know. Before GTA six, Stranger Things season five, we're kind Avengers Doomsday. Before GTA six, We're getting the Mandalorian and Grogu. Before GTA six, we are getting the Super Mario Brothers movie two before GTA six.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to popoo on your parade here, Mac, but I'm of a mind to think that this movie, this not move. This video game is not going to come out.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's tough. They've been working on it for like ten years' probably gonna come out.
Speaker 1: If it does come out, it's gonna be really buggy, and it's gonna be really shitty.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's why it keeps getting I think there's a reason.
Speaker 1: I think there's something afoot here. Really, I think there's something afoot.
Speaker 2: All right, you do that investigative journalism NEWSDA.
Speaker 1: Finally, it's the last minute, So how about Mac break down the last of us. I still need to start the season episode four.
Speaker 2: We're in like a certain aspect of the story here really, these last two episodes, episode four, characters have begun revealing things to each other. We're in a I'm not gonna call it a lull, but we're in the middle part of the season where we need certain characters to meet certain characters before other things can happen. I think Diana is the best character on the show right now. That's Ellie's best friend, and she's been a welcome addition to the show. So I think if you if you haven't started watching, now is a good time because I believe this is only seven episodes, so jump in now, and you only have a couple to look forward to on a week to week basis.
Speaker 1: News depe check us out at the end of the week. I don't know what we have planned. We got to do something.
Speaker 2: Any movies out this week?
Speaker 1: I think Friendship is next week, right, yeah?
Speaker 2: Friendship gets limited released this week, I think, and then full release in two weeks.
Speaker 1: No limited release is this Friday.
Speaker 2: That's what I just said.
Speaker 1: I wasn't paying attention to you at all, So what are you gonna do? T Ball was canceled tonight. I was reading my phone.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it is pouring, it.
Speaker 1: Is, it's raining it's not a good day for t ball, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I really like. And so, my nephew is about the same age as Raffi. He's four and a half. He's also in T ball and Hudson. They have sick jerseys, sick hats. When we were kids, we had like paper bochet T shirts, those fucking trucker hats.
Speaker 1: When it rained, they would just fall apart.
Speaker 2: I mean, I appreciate I liked it to have good gear, but our shit was fucking dog water back in the day.
Speaker 1: Also, I brought my son to his first Red Sox game yesterday. And let me tell you this fen Waite Park. Yeah, we live in Boston. Fenway Park. It's expensive. It is also what is this with stub Hub ace ticket? What is this convenience fee that costs almost as much as the tickets? What is happening here?
Speaker 2: You don't have enough connections these days so you can get free tickets.
Speaker 1: I don't like asking people.
Speaker 2: Okay, what did Raffi eat at the ball game?
Speaker 1: He had himself some chicken fingers, He had a little bit of a hot dog, he had ice cream. They ran out of the little helmets.
Speaker 2: That's disappointed.
Speaker 1: There's like sixty more home games this year. What are you gonna do? How do you run out of helmets?
Speaker 2: I know? Hey, do you see speaking of ice cream helmets? You see the ground round is back in Massachusetts?
Speaker 1: Do they have ice cream helmets?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was You don't remember that. That was the whole thing at the Ground Round. You try to get all the different MLB helmets at the ground You don't remember this. You're a callist the ground Round. You used to serve their ice cream in the helmets, and you tried to collect all the helmets from the ground mac.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. How much do you think a twelve inch Wally the Green monster stuffed animal cost?
Speaker 2: Twelve inch Waile of the Green? So you bought a Infenway or one in the team store there, you know, in a regular store. I would say probably like eighteen to twenty dollars. It's got to be like one hundred percent increase there. So I'm going to say thirty.
Speaker 1: Five fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you paid fifty dollars for a Wally stuff?
Speaker 1: Well, let me explain this to you. So I was with my son and he pointed to it. I'm like, that's fifty dollars. We're not getting that. Yeah, And then I went to wait in line for the ice cream and then he comes sauntering up with his mother holding the Wally stuffed animal, and I said, that is fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: What are dollars for a water of the green? At least it's a foot.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's roughly a foot.
Speaker 2: Let's sew. You you paid just under ten dollars for every inch of Wally Greens.
Speaker 1: So we got right field set. So first off we sat by the pesky pole and my son spent the first five minutes just staring at right field and I'm like, hey, Bud, you know the action is at that away. So I had to turn him to watch the fucking game. Then for food and everything else, it's forty something dollars plus a Wally stuffed animal. It's fifty like going to Fenway Park. I understand it's his first game. We're trying to make it special. Lots and lots of money.
Speaker 2: Uh that great. My math is really bad. By the way, you paid just at our five dollars per inch.
Speaker 1: Which is how Max sells himself on the streets on Friday nights. You paid whatever, early paying like ten bucks but still.
Speaker 2: Four point one so whatever point one six of a dollar is, would that be sixteen cents? I guess.
Speaker 1: I will say this though, if you have kids, bring your kids to the game on Sundays because you get to run the bases after nice?
Speaker 2: Nice? Was it a packed stadium?
Speaker 1: Pretty packed? And then running the bases was also packed?
Speaker 2: Nice? Did he enjoy that part?
Speaker 1: He did? He enjoyed the whole time.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's actually impressive. He made the whole game.
Speaker 1: Well, we got there like second inning, plus it rains, so you walk around a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that was my day at Fenway, and now we have a wally.
Speaker 2: Well, did you feel good about your day afterwards?
Speaker 1: I did feel good about my day outside of my illness. Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh do you think you were ill because of no?
Speaker 1: I became ill on Friday night. Gotcha, it's been a whole weekend thing.
Speaker 2: It's a ju here's a question for the Yeah, people were really wondering, did you utilize one of the Fenway stalls?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: No, Oh, you're able to hold it together?
Speaker 1: I did. I held it together.
Speaker 2: Nice. Credit to you.
Speaker 1: I only ate one Fenway Frank, those are good. I needed something solid in my top.
Speaker 2: What are those run these days?
Speaker 1: Six fifty that's it, yeah.
Speaker 2: Steal, that's the best, best price.
Speaker 1: It's a good value for three chicken tenders and a little basket of fries. It's like thirteen to fifty.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's not too bad either.
Speaker 1: That's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Not compared to the Garden. You go to the garden.
Speaker 1: No, you can go to the Garden and for like twenty five bucks you get a full bucket of chicken with like ten there.
Speaker 2: Someone's wrong here, and I feel like if.
Speaker 1: You're picking a tender basket slash bucket from one of the stadiums, it's the Garden.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Do you know enough about the situation? Of course it don't News Dope