Speaker 1: KBLA Talk fifteen eighty we are talking politics. I'm so pleased to have my colleague on board with me this morning. He's a journalist and educator and he is KBLA Talk fifteen eighties chief National Affairs Analyst. He's a podcaster, a TV guy, and so much more. Doctor Nie Cordelaine Corte can also be heard Monday through Thursday from four to six pm right here, so that means he's doing a little double duty today. Good morning, doctor Corte.
Speaker 2: Good morning dominiquea Prima.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for chapping in with me today. There's so much going on it's making my head explode. I don't know how you keep track of all these primaries, and I try, I really do, but it's just a lot to keep in your head right now.
Speaker 2: It's a lot going on, a lot to keep in the head. But you know, a lot of odds are going to be on Florida today because they're having their primary. And you know, you got some pretty prominent black folks that are going to be on the ballot. I'm talking about representative GOP Representative Byron Donald's he's running as running for the right. He's running for the Republican nomination for governor of Florida. He has chosen not to debate anybody that is also running for the Republican nomination for governor, and so all eyes are on that race. Also, all eyes are on the congressional race where State Representative Chevron Jones is running for congress. This is a seat that is highly coveted. You might remember Chevron Jones. Nador Jones has been in the news recently because there were some opponents there that had leaked a false story that he was HIV pop and was trying to use that as a bludgeon against him in this race. But if the polls hold and the polls are in his favor, he may very well, uh get the nomination for that congressional seat we want to run.
Speaker 1: I mean, like as we started out, there's so many different stories here. You started on Florida where they have Donald's running for governor, but it seems like we could end up with the slew of black governors, I mean as possible. Right we have we just have won right now, right, which is Wes Moore more. Yeah, but there's a bunch of people running. You know. Keisha Lance Bottoms made it to their runoff there in Georgia, and you mentioned Donald's, but there are several others, so I don't some of them Republicans. This is one of their new hats tricks, right, running black Republicans for for governor. So we could see several. I guess, uh, Aaron Ford is running in Nevada, Jermaine Johnson in South Carolina? What how what do you make of that? Do you think that is that significant? Do you think it's a sea change or you think it's just a cute strategy rephn Representative John James in Michigan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also and also David Crowley who just won the Democratic primary in Wescontint. That's right, you mentioned Keisha Lance Bottoms in Georgia. I mean, you know this is a sea change. I don't. I don't know how to look at it any other way, you know. I recently had an opportunity to to do a wide ranging sit down interview with Maryland Governor Wes Moore, who also happens to be the chair now of the National Governors Association, the first black governor to be chair of the National Governor's Association in one hundred and eighteen years and so that also is significant. But I remember during that interview he told me the story of a conversation he had with former Massachusetts Governor Duval Patrick. He was the second elected black governor in the United States, and there was something that Governor Patrick said to him that really stayed with him. He said, look, you know, his only regret is that he didn't start to think about the third black governor in the United States until after he was out of office. And so that is a reality that has motivated Governor Wes Moore to spend some political capitals and to get out on the campaign trail and help elect more black governors across the country. He has been on the campaign trail supporting Keisha Lan's Bott in Georgia, Jermaine Johnson South Carolina, Aaron Ford in Nevada, and will likely be on the campaign trail supporting David Crowley in Wisconsin. He is in high demand. You know, his endorsement matters, and it's good to see not just more black folks running for governor, but being competitive in their run for governor and being supported by the only sitting black governor in the United States, Governor Wes Moore.
Speaker 1: Right, And you mentioned deval Patrick there. You know, they're Douglas Wilder back in the I guess nineties. There have been very very few. I think it's like six or five or six seven in all of US history, going all the way back. And so if we end up with a handful, that would be that would be significant. And of course Keisha Lance Bonds would be the first black woman to serve as a governor.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right, it's right. I'm also part of why this is a significant dominique. As you know, there's so much that's happening on the state and local level as a check on the Trump administration and Republicans that are considering federalizing the elections even though the Constitution says you can't do that. But this president and Republicans are playing foot see with the Save Act, which really is nothing but a voter suppression bill. But you know, the counterweight to some of the tactics and antics that we're seeing coming out of this administration is on the state and local level. Governor's matter, mayor's matter, especially when we talk about sanctuary cities, sanctuary states, when we talk about getting creative about addressing some of these deficits in funding that are directly tied to the so called Big Beautiful Bill, remember the cuts to Medicaid for example. Absolutely, well, it's governors. It's governors have to figure out how to make those ends meet. And so not only is the consequential that these folks happen to be highly competitive black folks running for governor, but they're running for governor at a time where that office has probably never been more important in our lifetime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fair point. I mean, especially we think back a little further when Trump made those in his first term, he made those Medicaid cuts, and then we had these supplements to Medicaid which Republican governors were refusing. And so it's, you know, it's how do they wrangle the money out of the federal government and how do they make do when you know, the money drives up so many other issues. That said, although I'm happy to see so many black folks running for governor, some folks, you know, some folks the Byron Donald's of the world. Yeah, we don't need a black governor that badly. Uh, doctor, get me go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, you know, you're you're you're not alone. And that's why a lot of people are gonna be watching this race closely. I mean, he really is taking so many pages out of the Trump playbook again, refusing to debate even other Republicans in the race. I mean, we've got to ask ourselves, you know, take take the party affiliation out of it. Do we really want to be electing people to public office that are unwilling to debate some of the issues that loom large in our every day.
Speaker 1: Lot, right, and surprise, surprise, I mean some of the stuff he says is absolutely indefensible. So why would yeah, why would he debate? You know, it's the kind of thing you can you can say if you're the resident of the White House. It's the kind of thing you can say if you're by yourself on a panel with a bunch of other you know, maga folks. But if you say it with people who are fact based, it's not gonna hold water. So of course he doesn't want to debate. But does does he? I mean, how is his polling? Is he gonna is? Does he have a strong chance here?
Speaker 2: He has a very strong chance of not just winning the Republican nomination, but but winning that seat his uh, you know, Democratic opponent it's like David Jolly, you know, made cruise towards getting the Democratic nomination. Last poll that I saw, I think there was maybe a seven to ten point differential, and so you know, Democrats have some ground to make up in Florida. But Barra Donald's don't underestimate his momentum.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, we shall see.
Speaker 1: When was the last time there was a Democratic governor in Florida? I'll google it.
Speaker 2: Uh so the Charlie I think it was Charlie Cris.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's been a minute. Uh. Doctor Nee Cordelai Corte is with me when we come forward. I want to get your opinion. Why is everyone suddenly piling on the resident's girlfriend? I mean human printer, I mean senior advisor, Doctor Nee Cordelai Corte, Dominique Prima for KBLA Talk fifteen eighty your News right now with doctor Nee Cordlai Corte. I feel like, doctor Corte, there's been this tradition, if you will, in this country, of giving presidents grace when it comes to their side chicks, you know, Democrat Republican probably going all the way back to Washington, George Washington. I don't know that I've tracked it that far back, but certainly going back to Kennedy, these are open secrets that the press tends to pass on and fellow politicians tend to pass on. But now all of a sudden, everyone's talking about Natalie Harp. And I don't know that she's his side piece, alleged side piece, but some call her is Binkie. That she prints out, you know, letters to him, you know, glowing glowing articles about him and reads them to him, That she prints out his truth social posts, that she does the truth social post, that she's written all these love letters to him. And when we saw the who was left on the decoy plane to possibly be blown up by you know, Iran or whoever, and who got to stay with the president in the sneaky plane. She was in the sneaky plane and Marco Rubio was left to be exploded. Maybe that's why she's come into the spotlight. But I noticed, you know, Senator oss Off talking about her. There was an article in the Huffington Post, several other political types have called it out. What do you make of that?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I can't make much out of it, As you know, I have reported from the White House, you know, as a White House correspondent for KBLA. I've been in the oval office of questioned.
Speaker 1: Trump and she's done a great job, by the way.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. And I don't remember much about Natalie Harp, and so I can't speak to any observations that I've had in their presence, but I know that she's, you know, a thirty five year old Californian, and she really came to prominence with Trump back in twenty nineteen. And so their relationship, their relationship working with each other, didn't start with his most recent twenty twenty four presidential campaign, actually precedes that. And I also learned that she battled stage two own cancer, and she she claimed that both the political and medical establishment had left her behind, but the good Samaritan Trump helped her. So she's so so this may even be a co dependent kind of relationship where you know, she she sees Trump, you know, as as somebody who you know, uh, stepped in and helped her in her her darkest moment. And it seems that she is, you know, she seems to be sort of a security blanket for Trump, a Trump whisperer, if you Will and so you know a lot of folks are wondering, well, you know, why are you on the decoy plane and all the people to pick you didn't pick Caroline Levitt. You didn't take a lot of people. You picked her. Uh, you know, I think it's because of some bond, some trust that they developed, you know, whether it's more than that. It's everybody else's guests. But I just wanted to make sure that the audience has a sense of, you know, the origin story as has been reported about the relationship.
Speaker 1: I mean, and she was on Fox News and she was on Oam. You know. So he likes to find people friends and people from his administration off of television, and so she fits that. She's a you know, attractive, skinny blonde, so she fits that description. So and you know, her own brother says that their relationship is unhealthy, whatever it is, you know, but it's interesting that she could be so close to the president and have really gone without a lot of you know, scrutiny, as you point out, from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty six, and now all of a sudden everyone is talking about her, even you know, rival politicians. So it we'll see. But it seems like is this a new is this a new thing now where we're gonna start talking about all of the people in these politicians' orbits and and speaking of that back to the primary, I didn't realize doctor Knee Corday Corte that they are they're competing to fill Eric Swalwell's seat in northern California that is also on the primary agenda today, and we have sort of a repeating theme. You've got two Democrats who are you know, one is more progressive and one is back by Apak and and pro Israel dollars to a very large degree. This same conversation that's been playing out and other in other states is actually happening in California. For that fourteenth district, State Senator Aishawa Hobb is running against BART board president Melissa or Nandez, and apparently the American Israel Public Affairs Committee super pac has spent more than two million dollars to try to defeat w Hobb.
Speaker 2: Here, Yeah, I mean, and this is a this is a trend that we're seeing in races across the country where you know, you got big money, big special interest money that is very active in these congressional races. We're talking about a PAC money being one of the biggest pot that's out there, AI money being another big pot of money out there, Crypto being another pot of money that's out there. And so those seem to be the special interests that are are throwing down the most in these congressional races. And you know, there are a number of people that are quite concerned about what that means, what that means to have you know, a packed you know, looming large yet again. And in another race, you know, we know that they spent millions of dollars on advertisements to think Wahab's candidacy and boost Hernandez in the final weeks of this race, and and uh and Ai and an A and an a PAX affiliated group, the United Democracy Project, they spent one point two million dollars on the race in August in support of Fernandez and in opposition to Wahab. That's according to a Federal Election Commission report. Another group spent one point seven million dollars on the race and so collectively dominate outside groups, they spent over four million dollars on the race.
Speaker 1: That's insane. One house seat, that's that's right, that's just it's hard for me to get my mind around that. I always think of it as some kind of low key wealth redistribution on the plus side, but on the minor side. You know, that means that you cannot win these races without big, big money, or can you. I don't know. Abdullah say Ed was outspent right in Michigan and still prevailed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, the reality is is that organized people always beat organized money, right. You know, the organized money is really intended to buy the people power right to buy the name ID. Right, But if you have organizers on the ground on the job. I mean, look at not just you know, mister l s a Ed in Michigan, but you know, let's look at our own backyard. Four years ago, when Karen Bass is running from mayor against Rick Caruso. He spent over one hundred and ten million dollars to defeat her, and he couldn't in part because of the ground game that then candidate Bass you know, had here in LA And so that stuff makes the difference. And so just because you see the big numbers, just because you see a lot of the money pouring in, it doesn't It's not inevitable that the person with the biggest pocketbook is going to win. I would also note Dominique Wahab, who's an Afghan American who is the first Muslim woman elected to the California State Senate. She's called out the genocide in Gaza and legislator from condemning it. And so that's a part of what is animating the support of special interest in this race.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but sometimes that can that can backfire because voters are, you know, on alert for being controlled by foreign interest. Eight hundred and nine to fifteen eighty. If you got a question, we've got news, traffic and sports. Then more Dominique de Friema and doctor Nikr la Quarte. I'm KBLA Talk fifteen eight. You are, and I have the pleasure of talking with my colleague dot or knee Cordelai Corte. Of course you see him, hear him, and sometimes see him Monday through Thursday from four to six here on KBLA. He is our chief national Affairs analyst and host of a More Perfect Union, also television host and an author, among other things, a journalist. We were talking yesterday, doctor Corte, about you know, Steven A. Smith saying he's going to war with the National Association of Black Journalists because they gave him the Thumbs Down award. And my question was, when were they not at war with him? I mean, when was he not at war with the NABJ. What did you think about that sort of threat by Stephen A. Smith against the NABJ.
Speaker 2: Well, Dominique, as you know, you know, as a member of NABJ, I was at the NABJ convention in Atlanta. I just came back Saturday night, and so I missed some of the fireworks at the gallo where they announced the thumbs up and thumbs down. But it's it's interesting NABJ and Steven A. Smith have a pretty long standing relationship. In fact, I learned watching his response on his YouTube channel yesterday afternoon that he got his start at NABJ, like so many black journalists, he started at the Philadelphia Choir. I think he got that job through a relationship at the NABJ, and has been fairly active over the years, particularly with the Sports Task Force at the NABJ. And so, you know, he ran down a timeline of you know, you know, you know, collaborations with the NABJ. You know, all the ways in which he has supported other members of the NABJ, you know, and to be that, but be that.
Speaker 1: Isn't may doctor quarte. He has also gone in on lots of members of the na a BJ. Black women are his favorite targets, and so he can write all that stuff he wants to, but it doesn't erase the misogyny and anti blackness of his vituperative commentaries.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's fair, Dominique. I think there's there's a lot to hold. And you know, even a broken clock is right twice a day, right, and and and and and I think that's part of what we're seeing in the situation. Look, Aaron Haynes, the president in a BJ, is a friend. We've worked together. We've been on the campaign trail together covering Kamala Harris and other sort of issues.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I know how she leads. She she leads with integrity. Uh and uh you know she. I hope that that that this marks the beginning of you know, a better stephen a right moving forward. That's something that he certainly pledged, or at least appeared to pledge in his video, responds that I had a chance to look at yesterday. Everybody else can take a look at it on their own on YouTube and make their own determination. But you know, when we have these these powerful platforms, Dominique, we have to be responsible in terms of how we use them. Do you using the punch up or do you using the punch down? Right? You know? Do you use them to critique fairly or unfairly? Right? And I think that's a big part of what people are calling out, particularly on the internet streets, is that he does not have a track record of of acting fairly in his critiques. Right when you have the president of the United States that says that he's dumb as rocks, you know, and he does not push forward with a response that is as energetic and as full throated as what you might say about you know, a Joy Read or a Kamala Harris or you know or someone else. That is where uh, folks believe that uh uh, he may be doing the bidden of folks outside of our community, and so uh, you know, I also want to mention in all fairness, Dominique, that there were other folks that also got a thumbs down vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about that. There quite a long list actually, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, including SEC chairman Brendan Carr. Uh for the folks over at CBS, which, as you know, their editorial now being led by Barry Wiss, has led to the firing of a lot of black journalists. Right. And so while Stephen A. Smith and and the tango with the NABJ seems to be getting the most attention, I want to remind our audience you know that, uh, the the work of Brendan Carr and what we're seeing happening happening at CBS is extremely consequential. Uh and is and and imposes a significant challenge to the black press at a time where we need a robust black press and a a robust independent press that is clearly filling the squeeze in undertack.
Speaker 1: I mean to be honest with you, I thought that was pretty bold of them to call out Brandon Carr like that. Folks. Licenses can be on the line. We see ABC today suing the FCC because the FCC is threatening its TV licenses, and ABC is claiming that this is retaliatory, right, that this is coming from Brendan Carr, who is a Trump acolyte, and is unfair. He says that the FCC is afringing on their First Amendment rights. It's asking the court to stop them from going after their licenses that they say can can pose an existential threat to their operations. And I think, you know, we know you call out Brandon Carr. He is the head of the FCC. He is going after not just TV but also radio licenses. One of the things he said is he's going to end d EI and radio, which isn't even a thing. And so I thought that was pretty, you know, strong stance to take.
Speaker 2: I have a very strong stance, And I just want to remind, you know, our listeners that, you know, it even impacts us at KBLA. You know, when we interview, when we interview candidates for public office, when we interview elected officials, we actually have to fill out a form that that tracks, you know, who is joining us on air, what they're talking about, you know, and how long they're on air with us. And you know, those reports get submitted to the SEC right and so we feel it, you know, in our everyday work at KBLA. And I just want to remind folks, I mean that's the kind of pressure you know, that journalists are under, particularly black journalists. We saw what happened to black journalists like Don Lemon and Georgia Ford, who, by the way, prought a case and they are still having to go through the process of clearing their name. Right. That's not cheap, right, And so I personally, as a member of NABJA, I'd like to see NABJA stand up a legal defense fund right for independent journalists who may not have the resources that Don Lemon has or the resources that Georgia Ford and others may have been able to put together. Uh. And you know that's that is quite possible under the leadership of Aaron Haynes. I know this is something that she is looking into, something that we have talked about offline, you know, but I'm worried Dominique about the potential retaliation as a result of these thumbs down. And we've got to be making sure that we keep our eye on the job security of black journalists across the country, particularly in small markets across the country. You know, we cannot allow uh, you know, these these major media companies that are sitting on a lot of money right to to scuttle the potential and the hopes and dreams uh of black journalists, the commitment that black journalists have to the tradition of the black press. And so I think NABJSON a very strong message saying, you know that they're on notice, each and every one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, But I think that's a really good observation, doctor Corte, because right now, you know, we see this media consolidation, and we see the broligarchs, these billionaire tech guys that are all supporting the Trump presidency at this point, and the MAGA agenda buying up everything TikTok, and you know, this massive consolidation with the Warner Brothers deal, and you know which is followed in an already massive consolidation with the Paramount deal. And so you know, even with the NBC, these ABC stations, their licenses are not up for review. Brendan Carr just decided to call for an early review because he says that they're they're interviewing too many Democrats and there's not equal time. Which is interesting because he doesn't have the same critique of the Fox News stations or o N or any of these other stations that have almost no Democrats, almost no opposite perspectives. And I've been a community affairs public affairs community action person at a radio station, a big one and actually more than one. And I know what you have to file. It's a lot, right, You've got to prove that you're worthwhile in the community, that you're being fair and all this stuff. But most most stations don't even follow that anymore. As far as equal time. I mean, we are really scrupulous about it here at KBLA, but most stations don't even follow it. So the idea that he would shut stations down or takeaway licenses and then hand them over to these billionaires for even more consolidation is a real concern.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely a real concern. And this is why you know, we encourage people to you know, download the KBLA asping bread the words right and support independent media because otherwise, you know, there will come a time where the brologarchs as you call them, are going to own an even more substantial share of the media platforms that we're on. And when they decided to change the rules, when they decided to change the algorithm, for example, where content that may be of political nature, content that may be unapologetically black, that kind of content may be more suppressed, and other content. We've got to be prepared for that we shouldn't just be reactionary when it happened. We need to be preparing for that right now. And so, you know, the work that we're doing here at KBLA, the work that Joy Read and Don Lemon and so many others are doing on YouTube. You know, I think there's an independent media revolution that is afoot, and it's on all of us to tap in and more importantly, to support and to lift up and to cite, you know, the sort of you know journalism that is taking place in the tradition of the black press.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's not too late to call us eight hundred and nine to oh, fifteen eighty, eight hundred and nine too oh fifteen eighty. We do have a lot to talk about. You belong here. I'm Dominique Duprima and I am joined this hour by KBLA Talk fifteen eighty chief National Affairs Analyst, doctor nik Corlai Corte. He is on this radio station Monday through Thursday from four to six pm, and then occasionally when I can coax him on the air with me, he has to do a little bit double duty. Got a bunch of folks that would like to speak with you. I want to go to those phones. But I also want to quickly address something we have not talked about, which you pointed out to me, which is Oprah kind of pushing back a little bit on her her legacy, if you will, of doctor Oz and doctor Phil, two prominent TV doctors who started out in the Oprah sort of Oprah's sphere, who are both very much right wing. I wanted to say weirdos, but that doesn't sound professional, like I don't know. Basically, she's taking heat for their positions, and she's kind of saying.
Speaker 2: What Well, she's saying, you know, that everybody has their own path in life and that it has not one thing to do with me. That's what she's says. In an interview with Emmy magazine. She says that she doesn't have one thing to do with them, right, and so, you know, this is probably the harshest language that we've heard, most direct language. I should say that we've heard from Oprah Winfrey about doctor Oz and doctor Phil, you know, who have been in Trump's orbit for some time. I remember doctor Oz had run for Senates uh in New Jersey, I believe, and lost that race, and he ran as a Republican and so you know, look, the reality is is that you know, we may work with people over the years. There are folks that I went to high school with that are maga and we and there are are friends I have, I have friends, I have friends that went to more House that you know are are maga. Right, And and so you know, just because you know somebody may have had an affiliation a collaboration once time a time, you're not responsible for someone's choices the rest of their life.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get that, But also, like, if you have a pattern of elevating people that turn out to be maga, do you think that you have to do some reflection about why that is?
Speaker 2: Well, I is not maga, you know is not maga. Well, you know, are a lot of people in Oprah's.
Speaker 1: Or I'm just saying, yeah, okay, and I get that, you know, I have a family member that is maga. But I'm just saying to act like you have nothing to do with it. I don't know, doctor Corte, I don't know. Maybe I don't know how many folks have you elevated in the media space that turn out to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you know, I don't have a great track record on that front, and I'm not mad about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I've helped a lot of people over the years. I call it the unofficial Dominique de Prima school of broadcasting, and so far not one of them. But I mean, I'm not saying it couldn't happen. It absolutely could. I don't know. Maybe you're right, we're going to leave that people. I think if you're Oprah and you have the influence that she has, which few people in modern history do, you know, and you're a spiritual person like she is, that maybe some self reflection might be in order.
Speaker 2: I mean, but but but Dominique, let me just let me just put this in a little extra context. For somebody who has a storied career in broadcasting has interviewed over four thousand people over the years, myself included. Right, we can focus on the handful of folks that are in very prominent positions in our government and that have gone full maga, you know, or we can look at the breath of the people that she has elevated in one form or another over the years. Right, And so I think that's part of what she's saying is that, you know, she can't be responsible for the path that everyone takes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I get it. I get it. I don't. I'm just not sure if a total lack of responsibility is you know, is fair. But okay, I love that she's pushing back and making her position clear. You know. Yeah, let's let's go to Shon calling us from Long Beach. Good morning, Sean.
Speaker 3: All right, good morning to you and your guests.
Speaker 1: How are you blessed? How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good. I'm doing good. Well, let's just just get to just get to it. We got these midterms coming up, got the twenty eight presidential election coming up. You got a lot of Democrats who itching to get back in power. They want to take over the government, get it back from the mac Republican Trump treating the Trump Traders scumbags that's in office now. My question is what is the Democratic national platform when it comes to things that are specifically specifically for black people. Not the Rising Tide Raises all boats theory, because that's that's tired and warning played out. I don't see any type of national agenda that's on the Democratic platform. But any of these candidates that said, hey, mister black people, miss black people, you come in, vote for me and put me in office. This is what I will do for y'all.
Speaker 1: And we're not talking about a platinum plan doctor knee court lay like Quarte, do you have thoughts on them?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I think this is a question that comes up every election cycle, is what is the black agenda? And who's going to be the greatest champion for the black agenda? I can tell you traveling across the country, you know, black people too are concerned about affordability. Black people too are concerned about getting capital to grow their businesses, to start their businesses, to scale their businesses. You might remember CDFI's Community Development Financial Institutions have taken a huge hit under the Trump administration. This is this has been a major source of funding, you know, for black businesses. So I think to your point, the people need to hear Okay, we know this has happened. So Democrats, what you're gonna do about it? And between now and November that is the task of not just the Democrats, but folks who are running in opposition to the MAGA Republicans. And so you know, if you check out what the Working Families Party is fighting for, you look at their agenda. You look at the agenda of DSA, you look at the agenda Democrats who are running right, You know there's some there there. But to the point of the caller, there's a lot more work between now and election day to make it plain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and also I think it's also on us to put out there what we want and put pressure. The hour is almost upon us, though, scheon. Thank you for your call. Dr Corte. Remind people how to follow you by your book here your show.
Speaker 2: All the Things well Well. Please tap in weekdays Monday through Thursday from four to six pm Pacific to our afternoon drivetime show A More Perfect Union. You can follow me on all the socials at Doctor in the Courtela. I just type in doctor ne Q d r N I I Q and I pop right on up. Pressure you to follow. Also, be sure to subscribe to a More Perfect Union podcast. That way you won't miss some of our most memorable conversations.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for stepping in this morning. It's always fun to talk with you.
Speaker 2: Wise. Thank you, Dominique the Prima, See.
Speaker 1: You soon, Doctor Nikolai Corte. What is the real story of what happened to the la jazz festival that is Next. Festival founder Martin Ludlow joins me on KBLA Talk fifteen eighty