Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one one w JRIR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: One O one one do w JRIR.
Speaker 3: All right, rock news brought you this morning by bright Line. Speaking of which, all this week on the JRR Instagram at one O one one w jr R, you could win a prize package that'll get you in a guest on board the end Zone Express on Brightline to head to South Florida for this weekends Dolphins Jets.
Speaker 2: Game happening this Sunday, That Jets game, That Dolphins game again. Just at one oh one one WJRR. I'm looking right now at our Instagram page. Go there, do a hashtag JARR Rocks, tag the person who want to bring with you.
Speaker 3: Then you're entered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might be on the bright Line going in style.
Speaker 3: All right, let's start off with the news that we broke yesterday. The rumored ACDC North American Tour is a reality, albeit a quite brief tour consisting of thirteen dates. The opening app will be the Pretty Reckless. It kicks off in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and wraps up in Cleveland, Ohio, in between dates in Arlington, Texas, Pasadena, California, Vancouver, British Columbia, Vegas, Detroit, Foxborough, Pittsburgh, Landover, Maryland, Tampa at Raymond James Stadium on May sixteenth, Nashville and Chicago. All tickets for those go on sale Friday at noon local time in the city where the concert is taking place.
Speaker 2: And you can win them on this show all week.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're doing that each morning for you say it, we play it. So three more chances to come Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, So make sure you're voting in U say we played on the jaur Facebook with us each morning. Bob Brier, former My Chemical Romance drummer, dead at the age of forty four.
Speaker 2: Whoa wo.
Speaker 3: He played on the band's career defining album, The Black Parade, which the band actually you know, is doing that big stadium tour next year to perform in its entirety. He's no longer in the band, hasn't been for a while. What happened no details really revealed yet. He was found dead at his home in Tennessee over the weekend. He's forty four years old. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's that tour that you said sold record numbers.
Speaker 3: Clean sweep sold outs immediately. So if we get more on that, we'll be sure to share. That's sad news. Metallica were this year's National Jukebox Day ambassadors. That Jukebox Day is the day before Thanksgiving every year. There's a lot of people might go out have a family and friend gatherings at a vocal watering holes and there's jukeboxes in there, and you want to play some tunes on the jukebox, which many which now are those touch tunes machines? Speaking of which between now and I think it's December eighth. Yeah, if you happen to be in a place that has the Touch Tunes jukebox, the mobile jukeboxes, huh. You play Metallicatoon, you're registered to go see them on the seventy two world tour, the Philly Dates, Wow plus exclusive meet and greet merch pac thousand dollars gift card for travel expenses, three night hotels day.
Speaker 2: And that's it. Any place that has the touch tunes one.
Speaker 3: Touch tunes, you know, digital jukeboxes, you play Metallicatoon, you get registered for the contest. Pretty cool, pretty easy, I like that. If you're really bonkers on it, you can play up to two hundred and fifty times a day.
Speaker 2: God, I'm so sick of Metallica. I don't even want to go to the showdown.
Speaker 3: Anything else in this juke box. More than three thousand fake Gibson guitars seized at the Los Angeles Port guitars shipped in from Asia seized by US Customs and Border Protection agents at the Los Angeles Long each seaport. Had the guitars actually been authentic. I put some video footage of this this hall on our Facebook page. It's like a warehouse full of guitars. Is this like where they have it spelled wrong? Like no, no, no, These are like full on counterfeit Gibson Brandy guitars. If they were real, this amount of guitars would be worth like eighteen million dollars.
Speaker 2: While unbelievable, you know what I'm talking about with the fake one.
Speaker 3: I've got a Stony CD player.
Speaker 2: Uh huh that Sony no Stony.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Sick New World Festival in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Have this new pair of Levos jeans.
Speaker 3: Right. Sick. New World Festival in Vegas, which had been scheduled for April twelfth, to be headlined by Metallica, and Lincoln Park canceled.
Speaker 2: What's the reasoning?
Speaker 3: What I'm hearing is the mass retainer required to pay the headliners. You can only imagine how much it costs to book Metallica in Lincoln Park. Got Yeah, they were hoping to have sold enough tickets to cover that expense in a certain amount of time, and they weren't even a third of the way sold. So they took the unpresident and moved to cancel the whole damn thing. That's what I'm hearing. The real reason is again JR. Our Facebook page if you want to see that whole story. I'm looking for the guitars. No, that's the story that's there, the Metallica Lincoln Park Sick New World.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just sharing with you. I see that one. I thought you I thought you had all of the guitar ones.
Speaker 3: The guitar one is there?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yes, I'm just uh.
Speaker 3: You know, we learned recently that Elton John had gone blind in his right eye due to an infection. Now it's it's apparently worse where he basically can't see at all.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He revealed that this past weekend that he can't even see the stage. Not he I mean he doesn't tour anymore, which that's probably a good thing if you're you know.
Speaker 2: But he knows all those keys on the piano. He's the piano man. That's Billy Joel.
Speaker 3: Yes, would you like to do sound effects of a blind Elton John?
Speaker 2: Where's a piano?
Speaker 3: I knew this.
Speaker 2: I like Alton John. They say what the infection was from? Is it what we you know?
Speaker 3: Had I listened?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 3: He's a happily married man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I stop, stop Elton. I just get better, buddy.
Speaker 3: I don't need the wrong person to be hearing the wrong thing at the wrong time. It's only Tuesday, Ronnie James. The twenty twelve compilation The Very Best of Doo Volume two, will be reissued January thirty first, and it will include the last track Deo ever recorded. Metal Will Never Die. Some of the ashes of the late Motorhead frontman Lemmy will be residing in a new home. They will be stored at Stringfellows Gentlemen's Club in London starting on December eighteenth. Lemmy died in twenty fifteen, and his ashes have since traveled around the world. To different locations since then, all places that let me either had been to or would be very fond of.
Speaker 2: So they're gonna happenn a gentlemen's club.
Speaker 3: Yes, what's that up next to Portion? And so that's Lemmy's ashes.
Speaker 2: Porsche is his favorite.
Speaker 3: Ex actually, and finally there's this Maynard James Keenan from Tool. You know he's a jiu jitsu black belt. He has announced a new film about the martial art entitled The Great in Between and Introduction to Jiu Jitsu. He uh is narrating this. It's a ninety minute class that offers a hands on seminar tailor for beginners and the jiu Jitsu curious. According to the press release, you can check this out. It's available now through Pussa for TV.
Speaker 2: What does he not do? He's got both the bands with the one you just mentioned, puss Aver and Tool and the Circle.
Speaker 3: He's got a wine. Yeah, now he does jiu jitsu. Hope his narration is better than the interview we conducted with him. It's still the all time worst interview ever. No, I take that back. It was the Uh, the mumbling Cajun guy that you booked.
Speaker 2: You can't Okay, I think you have to put him in categories. The interview with Maynard. You hung up on him because it was so bad.
Speaker 3: Right, I did?
Speaker 2: He did well?
Speaker 3: He didn't. He clearly didn't want to do the interview.
Speaker 2: Yes, I said, all right, dude, later, doesn't sound like you want to do this. Hung up on him and that was that. The caging guy that I booked was legendary. It's the guy from whatever the Gator show is where he goes showed them.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing you could understand.
Speaker 2: The thing the guy said, it was pretty painful.
Speaker 3: Bad is bad?
Speaker 2: Man holdout w j R R