Speaker 1: It's nice time with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy. Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: Want to thank you here. You're Governor Christian u who for joining us tonight. He is he's such a he's such a good guy. I mean, he's he's quick, he's he's a normal human being. I mean he just he's got a sense of humor, self deprecating. He's exactly what any political leader in the country should embody. I think he's going to go in the private sector, make a lot of money. Uh, but I think he'll be back. I do think there's just too much talent there in terms of leadership that he will not at some other point stand for office. He will make a lot of money and he'll make it. Honestly, he's done a great job as governor of New Hampshire. We got a couple of calls hanging over which I'm more than happy to accommodate. I wish we could have gotten everybody in, but we had an hour and uh, let's continue on here. Let me go next to Gary and Wooburn. Gary, I know you called in late, apologize. I wish we could to get you in, but you're run right now.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Gary, Well getting to the point because you said no speeches, all questions. I would have asked what's next on the agenda, and you already answered the question. So you're going into the private sector. The next question is this, after the private sector, you have aspirations to be governor again or president.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think once you do governor Gary, I think it's and he's done it for eight years. He was elected and then re elected three times, and would have been re elected for a fourth time. I think once you've done that, it's tough to go back. He will, I'm sure, spend some time in the private sector. He'll do very well for himself. He's a very smart guy, mit educated, an engineer, and he's been successful in business before. I would suspect that you could see him at some point mount the campaign for president, you know. But again it depends upon depends upon circumstances over which no politician has control. And we'll see. I mean, if Donald Trump has a good four years and JD. Vance has been a good vice president, he'll be the favorite to win in twenty twenty eight. It'll be interesting to see who the Democrats come up with. So at this point, most Republicans would stand down in twenty eight and let Vance be the standard bear unless he has a horrific time as vice president. So but Chris Sooner, who was young, He's fifty years of age, you know, four years from now, eight years from now, twelve years from now, he will only be sixty two. Looks like a callow youth compared to the last two presidents here Joe Biden and soon Ronald Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: So question is this opportunities question is this Trump can only do four more yours and that's it president's sake. That's great because you can only do a total of eight total.
Speaker 2: Total of two terms.
Speaker 3: That's correct, right, Okay, vera, Now, just in case he's successful and self, well JD. Vance is looking good. Did you discuss what Christino or yourself does Nicky Haley still part of the future of being a president.
Speaker 2: Well, she's kind of a little bit cut off at the pass here. If if if President Trump has a successful four years, then JD. Vance would inherit that mantle. You know, almost from a from a practical point of view, it's very difficult for a Republican to challenge his sitting vice president. If if let us say, Vance ran and he lost and a Democrat was in then that might be the opportunity for it, Nicky Haley. But sometimes what happens is the metaphor that chooses that the window closes. I remember when Ted Kennedy first ran for a president. I think he first really thought about running for president in seventy two and didn't, and then of course he he ran in nineteen eighty. When he ran in nineteen eighty, he was born in nineteen thirty two. He was only forty eight years of age, so he was a young man. And of course he lost the nomination to Carter. But I thought to myself, gee, he could come back in eighty four, eighty eight, ninety two. I mean, he would have been able to run for the next twenty years. And Biden and Donald Trump and president like Trump have extended that window. And depending upon how Donald Trump does, if he does well, it will help jd vance. It will also help other older politicians who will say, hey, being president in your late seventies, Joe Biden didn't do a great job as president in his late seventies. He seemed to lose a step. If Donald Trump doesn't that it might change the age dynamics dramatically, we may have a lot more people running for office, in for the office at the White House in their seventies.
Speaker 3: Question is Bernie Sanders he talked about socialism like crazy during the last ten years or when running for president. I don't even know what that means exactly. I don't want even care. My question is this, has he become a joke where socialism doesn't work? Or what's your opinion? Is Bernie Sanders a joke after all his mumbo jumbo.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think that there's an element in the Democratic Party. He's sort of now an elder statesman within the Democratic Party. I think he's respected, and I think that he's thoughtful, and I think that there's a lot of even Republicans who who who respect Bernie Sanders. I think Bernie Sanders is respected by the Republicans a lot more than Elizabeth Warren is respected by the Republicans in my In my opinion, that's the people talk.
Speaker 3: Christ should have his own radio show too.
Speaker 4: He's good, He's very good.
Speaker 2: He would be very He'll be dope, be surprised if he has not only a role in the private sector making some money, but also working in the media trust me on that. Thanks, Thanks Gar Talk, So you bet you let me go to John. We'll get John in here as well. John and Boston. John, you're next up. Your reaction to Christen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good evening, Dan. Yeah, it was prompted call by Governor Sanoulhu talking about the bottle bill. But first of all, I wanted to ask you if I could suggest some guests on your show. The new president of Mexico speaks English very well, and the president of Canada also speaks English. I wonder if you could have them on your show sometime. Yeah, what's that?
Speaker 2: No, I said, I would be more than happy to have our producer.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: When you deal with foreign leaders, they tend they tend not to understand American talk shows as we do. But I'd love to have the president of Mexico.
Speaker 4: Or well, she speaks English very well. I want I understand and understands English. Ye, And I wonder if you could have the big shots at the jennal is Mary Barra. She's the big show of General Motors. Now in the big Shot of Ford, Jim Fowley and another candidate that's almost forgotten, Malcolm Brickland. And you hear who's Malcolm Brooklyn. Well, if you driver Sup Arrow, he's the one that brought sub rout to America.
Speaker 3: He's in his eighties and he still had some ideas up the sleeve. But the original reason why I called was because I couldn't live in New Hampshire. It's nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there because for a lot of us that are low income, fixed income, you know, you have to have a car, and a lot of us don't have cars. And I accounted the MBTA daily. I'm on the train and buses constantly daily.
Speaker 4: And what got me to call was the bottle bill in Massachusetts. For a lot of us, that helps us put a few dollars in our pocket picking cans and bottles up and bringing them to the redemption center. Now, he said, there are places that make money, yes, scrap yards, and you have to have a car to get there. And you know, if you go to one stop after Logan Airport, the Airport station, there's a border redemption center, you'll see grandma's pushing shopping cuts in there to supplement their income. You know, grandma is supposed to be making cookies, but they're bringing big bags of cans in there to help. They don't have that New Hampshire. You know, it should be like the image of the can, but it should be ten cents the bottle and can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the image of people, you know, walking around. You know. I think the concept of the bottle bill in Massachusetts when it passed, and I was a big proponent of, and I still am a big proponent of. I returned my bottles and cans. You put a deposit down, and that did in sent you to bring them back. There was a period of time back in the nineteen seventies and eighties where you'd see bottles and cans strewn on the side of the road in Massachusetts and it really it was horrible. So the bottle bill is no money Chusetts.
Speaker 4: It gives people a reason to pick them up because there's no money. I mean some of us that are on six incomes and low income and we go there and try to put a few dollars more in our pocket by turning them in. And I'll tell you one thing, I give a lot of credits to the Vietnamese. They're the only ones that do that battle return business. All over Boston. There's no American owned people that do that. It was in the beginning, but that's too much work for Americans, six days a week, you know, shoving cases and bottles and bags, all loading trucks up. I used to be the only ones to do me.
Speaker 2: I talk, John. I did stories on a guy out in Holliston who used to make a living. His name was Bob Hall. I don't know if he's still alive. This was many years ago. I would see him walking uh with a bag over his shoulder with hundreds of cans, and I casely would give him a ride out there. I was living out in that neck of the woods a long time ago. So there are people who do that, John, I appreciate the call, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'll tell you they should do better. For buses in New Hampshire, they have a terrible transit system unless you live in Manchester. And I just wanted to say, I was out in Washington State last July, a fatuous bus system. I didn't have the car to rent. I just went all over with the buses and New Hampshire I'll give them a D minus. You hear that Governess will give you a D minus for buses and the bottle return bill. That's what I'm gonna give you for that. I don't just like them personally. They'll give you D minus for that job.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that people in New Hampshire should have a different attitude.
Speaker 4: Well, they go to Maine. A lot of them drive to Maine. They bring their bottles and cans that have the nickel on them up to Maine has.
Speaker 2: A New Hampshire is very much a rural state. Uh, it's different than Massachusetts. They have a few big cities up there at Portsmouth and Manchester and Conquered, but it's primarily you have to live in the state.
Speaker 4: You have to live in the city, you have to have a car.
Speaker 2: You know, I get it, I get it. But there are a lot of the governor.
Speaker 4: Governor sannu, why don't you do something about the trant system up there have buses going all over the place.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I wish I wish dress was sure he would have had a better answer.
Speaker 4: I wouldell him. That'll give you. I don't dislike him.
Speaker 2: First ill, I'm sure he's good. I don't know if he's gonna lose a lot of sleep over it, but but.
Speaker 4: You know, he's well paid. I'm sure he's not hurting for money. I mean, I'm sure he's got plenty of money.
Speaker 2: And he's a graduate. M I T he's an engineer. He's was a fabulous governor.
Speaker 4: For the state of What type of engineer?
Speaker 2: Is he a civil engineer? And I suspect that he will make much more money in the private sector than he ever did as the governor of New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: But anyway, thanks for sure, he was well paid, but he's not counting on people that don't have money like he has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well again, John, you know.
Speaker 3: In the city where we have.
Speaker 2: The you know what, I've really hurt enough for tonight. I just think the negativity is a little overwhelming. I'm I'm empathetic. I get it. We have a lot of support here in Massachusetts, and that's great. That's that's what Massachusetts all about. New Hampshire is a little bit of a different state. People have a choice. You've chosen to live in Massachusetts, and I'm happy for you. I'm glad you have that option. Thanks, John, appreciate your call here. Wow, Okay, yeah, John can straighten out Governor So in New Hampshire in a New York second, there was We're gonna take a break. It was a really interesting indictment issued yesterday by the US Attorney's office, and I would love to talk about it, and I don't know. We tried to reach out to the US Attorney today and did not hear back from his public relations people. This was a stunning indictment. A resident of I'll get to, a resident of Naha, of Natick, as well as a resident of Tehran. Apparently, well, I shouldn't say. Apparently, we're both indicted for violation of US export control and sanctioned laws, and their activities allegedly resulted in the deaths of three US service members who were killed yes last year at a military base I believe, right on the border of Jordan and Syria. We'll get to that. And it just shows that it's a dangerous world out there and we have to tighten up the borders, and we also have to know what people are doing here. Because this is an interesting story. You probably haven't heard much about it. We might not get much reaction to it, and if we don't, we'll move on. But we'll talk about it when we get back on the other side of the break.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray line from the Window World Lakeside Studios on WBZ the news radio.
Speaker 2: So if you read the Herald this morning, and you read the Boston Globe, you read reports on this indictment that came down yesterday, and I just would like to talk about it because it's really great work. And I'm only going to spend a couple of minutes on it here and if you want to weigh in. Oftentimes we criticize the Justice Department because they didn't do a good job here, didn't do a good job here, but this is one that to me is extraordinary. The founder of an Iranian company from Massachusetts. He's a dual US Iranian national from Natick. Means he came here and was naturalized as a US citizen. Madi Mohammad Sadeghi, he's forty two years old. And another guy whose name is too long to pronounce, Mohammad Aberdeen. They were and he's from Iran. He gets arrested in Italy yesterday, which was great, so if he can get brought back here. Abadini is charged with providing material support to a foreign terrorist terrorist organization that resulted in the deaths of three US service members. I remember this story from last January. There were these three service members. They were from Georgia. Sergeant William Jerome Rivers of Carrollton, Georgia, Sergeant Brionna Moffata, Savannah, and Sergeant Kennedy Sanders of Waycross, Georgia killed in the January twenty eighth drone attack on the US outpost in northeastern Jordan. I believe it was very close to the Syrian border called Tower twenty two. And essentially this guy from Natick conspired with this guy from Tehran to circumvent laws in this country that we have that prevents technology from being funneled out of the US to bad actors overseas. The prosecutors, according to the Herald article, the alleged that Aberdini, who also uses this Aberdini he operates an Iranian company that manufactures navigation systems for drones, is connected to Iran's paramilitary Revolutionary Guard. The prosecutors alleged he conspired with the Natick guy Sardegi to circumvent American export control laws, including through a front company in Switzerland, and procures sensitive technology into a we content technology into Iran. But apparently they're alleging that this guy from Natick sent this technology to a front company in Switzerland, which I guess is legal, but the ultimate purpose was to get it to Tehran, which they did. Both men are charged with export control violations, and Aberdeen separately faces charges of conspiring to provide material support for Iran. The lawyer for says Sadiki, a naturalized US citizen, was arrested Monday in Massachusetts, didn't return calls for comments. First of all, hats off to the US Attorney's Office for pulling this together into the Department of Justice. But to think that we have American citizens naturalized American citizens here who were basically conspiring with Iranians who were working with the Revolutionary Guard that resulted in the deaths of three US Service personnel. Apparently, when this drone attacked, this one way attack drone, according to the Associated Press article on the Herald, may have been mistaken for US drone that was expected to return back to the logistics base about the same time, and it wasn't shot down. It crashed into the living quarters, killing the three soldiers and injuring more than forty. If you'd like to comment on this and why we need to be ever vigilant. Great. If not, I got another topic we can go to, by the way, on Thursday night, we'll be talking with Jeff Robbins and the mayor of Everett, Mayor Carlo Di Maria, who has just won a huge defamation lawsuit against the Evert Leader Herald newspaper which apparently just lost their mind and made all gations against the mayor. We've had him on before. He's a decent guy, but there was an editor over there I guess who was intent on getting him and this was a really good use of the courts. Jeff Robbins was the lawyer. They'll be with us on Thursday night, and in addition, we'll have the BZ car guys on Thursday night from ten to twelve, Scott and Larry. And then on Friday night we will have the twelfth annual Nightside Charity Combine from ten to twelve, and we've got some great guests for that. I promise you a lot of new charities, a couple of older ones that we've had before. So we're going to finish the broadcast years strong. We're going to finish the week strong. But in the meantime, if you want to talk about the guy comes here, becomes a naturalized US citizen, and somehow wants to work with an enemy of our country. I hope they hit him with the book, and I hope if they prove all the elements of the crime as alleged, this guy spends a long time in stir. Back on Nightside. You have the numbers if you want to jump on board. Not a subject that most people are willing to talk about, but I'd love to. You know, we criticize Justice Department a lot. This is when they did a great job in this and this is where there was coordination to between the Just Department DJ and the FBI. We'll take a break six one, seven, two, five four ten thirty and six one seven, nine three one ten thirty coming back on Nightside.