Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Alliance Podcast, recover anything at everything to do with the Marvel Universe from the comics, TV and movies. We go from verse six one six at the Mojo verse of the TVA in order to bring the Marvel use right to you. I'm the Man without Fear Chris.
Speaker 2: I'm the note with the mouth.
Speaker 3: David, I'm your friendly neighborhood brute.
Speaker 4: I'm the podcast or mischief tres Now.
Speaker 1: And for the three hundredth time, Alliance assemble.
Speaker 4: The four persons.
Speaker 1: Just a smooth, buttery smooth as every single week, especially when I love it when like I say, and then like five seconds later, David chimes in, LA, you just.
Speaker 3: Need a sound. You need to just like a stream deck sound or whatever you get.
Speaker 1: Well, Welcome to the three hundredth episode of Marvel Line, the little show that started during the middle of pandemic, and here we are, three hundred episode. We made it. We made it, gentlemen.
Speaker 4: That's why we're always running out of evergreen topics to give the show because me through in the first year, I think.
Speaker 1: Don't even talk to me about the strikes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was rough too, strikes, but yeah.
Speaker 1: It was pretty bad. It was pretty It started getting pretty bad when Travis started pointing out, No, you've done that topic before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I remember you pitched. I was like, that sounds early familiar, and I looked in the spreaker. I was like, oh, yeah, we we've been done that. Yeah. So that's how many episodes have been done that we've kind of gone around the band and uh, yeah, it's crazy to be episode three hundred and this is the first time. I feel like, this is the first time US four podcasts and age because I feel like there's the live streams, but that was either when Brent was gone or Brent was here, and then Dave wasn't here. And now now somehow I see David more than you two. I see it twice three times a month. How that somehow it starts me and Chris hosting marl lliance, the Brent coming on, and then that's me and David, and now me and David have a wrestling show on the side over there, and now we goout that going on. But no, this is very cool. We could get everyone together for this and then I celebrate the three hundred episodes.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but as we talked about, you can make comments, but we will not be responding because we've recorded this a week ago, guys, and we're coming to you from the past and the future. So but yeah, this is the way we got everyone together for schedules aligning. So this was well worth it to do an early recording of this to make sure we made this happen, to do something special for everyone for three hundred and to thank you the listeners, the viewers, you know, for for making this show. You know, like I said, the little engine that could, and you know, giving us different avenues for all of us in different ways. The shows, as I say, before us changed my life changed, I know, in different ways y'all's lives, but created the most important thing, you know, a little heart more friendship exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and you know I used to say this all a ton to bug people on g A. But also the you know, the flagship of GUA just keeps the engine and keeps the engine run.
Speaker 3: Keep you know.
Speaker 4: It's a good it's a good competition because I remember the early days DC was kicking our butt. They not kicking our butt, but they definitely were. They had a lot more news going on stuff. So it was great when me and Chris took over and then uh, yeah, no, it's it's a show I miss all the time. I one day hope that the c's part and I can be back in a regular bi weekly thing because it's always fun time. It's great talking to these gentlemen because they'll know what I'm talking about and I don't got to explain it fifty times, like okay, now this is and it's at least a com book run like okay, explain this for me. It's like okay, here we go. But uh, you know, I missed doing the show, but it's been great. It was yeah, me and Chris like and that was a good way for me and Chris to get to know each other because we had to figure out the show. And then that's how I met Brent and met you know, Scott and everything like that too. But and then Brent, luckily, when I couldn't do it, took over and you guys just ran with the show, maybe even bigger. And then after that David took over. Who's David's done a great job. Went from you know, guesting to now hosting Model Alliance and like I say, you're over there, geekers. So it's been a fun trajectory, but a big shout out to the main man, Chris, because it's like Law and Order, where if you look at every five seasons, it's like one guy and then there's a new actor. Chris is the one guy. He is the glue that's always holding the You are.
Speaker 1: Olivia Benson.
Speaker 4: I mean there's divorced or you know what, like somebody what's up, rookie?
Speaker 1: You know, a lot worse comparisons to be compared to mriska hardy I would say that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, a shout out to a zoo, I think from all of us, but for the listeners, just know that Chris is uh. He's kept the ship going and he's kept it steering, and you've done a great job.
Speaker 1: Through thick and thin, through pandemic, through strikes, through job change is life change.
Speaker 4: The Sony Marvel verse, you know we made it. We got to see the end of the Death of One Universe, so you know we've made it.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget you, buddy.
Speaker 3: We just had a Sony Marvel entry. You know that was good.
Speaker 1: It's actually good.
Speaker 3: Hopefully wasn't on the in the movie side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somewhere else, somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but yeah, so, but before we get into the main topic at hand, we've got to do the lovely network plug. So, as you've heard, we are part of the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network with six shows, and the network itself has evolved and contracted and evolved and contracted. Uh to see the full schedule below, check out the show notes below, and subscribe to the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at g Waypod Networks and you know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon, so if we want to throw a couple of shekels our way, we've got two tiers, our dollar tiers, our tip jar to say hey, you think we're doing a good job. And then we've got our five dollar tier with ad free episodes, early access episodes and patroonscoo some shows. We got a couple of shows on the backlog form marvel Lines. We can watch this all day, the Marvel Lines Infinity Saga, Rewatch Tales from the House of X where we watch our favorite favorite movies from the Fox era of X Men, and the Baxter Broadcast, The Fantastic for Retro film reviews and coming this June right now, we are in June, right now, in a couple of weeks, David and I will record our newest show, Cape Expectations, The Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Hero and Rewatch and for me, first watch every month will be Yeah, we will be good.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: I've watched a few episodes. But this is gonna be kind of a bonding time with my kids because they are at that age now that they can appreciate it. So so yeah.
Speaker 4: It never gets too dark that show, like even something like the nineties looking Batman's like, okay, it's a little dark. That One's like on the right side, and you're gonna see a great TV version of Secret Invasion this time, Chris good. You know you didn't get to last time, but this time you'll get it. Yeah, we survived Secret Invasion. That's another thing.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what that that that still goes down as the funniest and both brutally honest episode I think Brent and I ever had. Yeah, it sucked it will that'd be kind Yeah, every month, we will go through our thoughts on five episodes of Earth Mighties here so that we David and I have set recording for that for June fifteenth. That will drop at the end of every single month, So that'll carry us through I don't know, probably through probably the beginning of next year. So yeah, we get twenty six. Yeah, we'll be through next year a decent part of next year.
Speaker 4: And you know what's so funny though, this network started in twenty twenty to twenty one, kind in that era there's is three hundred episodes, including Chris, has been four hosts, and in none of that time did we get an Avengers movie to talk about like I would when Chris and I started the podcast and you said, oh, by three hundred episodes, would you guys have an Avengers movie review? With a oh, absolutely, there would have been at least well a smaller twenty twelve one.
Speaker 3: No, I mean there's an asterisk next.
Speaker 2: To that.
Speaker 4: Then with his Z so it's different, different, sure, but yeah, that's a yeah.
Speaker 1: We'll finally break We'll finally break that this year.
Speaker 3: Are you guys gonna watch Are you guys gonna do? Like Go to Sea a interesting game in September when it comes out.
Speaker 1: There's a possibility, it's a possibility. I haven't really thought.
Speaker 3: There's supposed to be some you know, extra scenes or whatever, which is there, and they shouldn't do it, but they are.
Speaker 1: So it's like what I say about it's kind of what they say about I say about Lucas. It's his movie. He could do what the heck he wants, like it or hate it.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least this time that they're they're they're not. It's not like Spider Man Far from Home came out with extra scenes three or four weeks into its run and it's like that's whatever. This at least is like supposed to be connective tissue. It's a little different.
Speaker 4: But it's not gonna be like pre cgi Hulk that they added that endgame where you released at first.
Speaker 3: But even now that was a special feature. It was like a post credit thing. It wasn't in the movie, which people always forget.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will go to take it at least my two oldest main myth there who knows she's a little reckless at the theater. Sometimes she sometimes perfect and then sometimes she has a lot to say and I gotta keep reminding her. But because they haven't seen it in the theaters, I'll take them to that. So yeah, I think that's where I'll go see Avengers Endgame and get ready for it because we're not that for less than six months away now for uh crazy Doomsday, which is crazy so all that weight.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so we'll start that in June. And then again, patrons who have been with us since we started this, thank you. We cannot do this with about your support. But if you're not a member, go to www dot patreon dot com backslast gu eight network so you can get all that lovely content from all the lovely network of shows and take them time to rate and review. Marble lined solo feed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon means, wherever you get your podcast, we greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not at least, want to thank our official sponsor, panel bound Comics dot com for for all your omnibus hardcover collect edition needs. JP and the career at PBC have got it going on with exit customer service immaculate patching ships around the world. Use that code Marvel GUA at check out to get two dollars off every single order, or use the code m gua sit for five percent off when you order four or more books together. Let them know your listener. We want to thank them for being a sponsor. All right, So we have and a topic that you know, to the point of what we said earlier, might we've done something like this, you know, ranking in different ways, but we're we're doing something unique with this ranking of every single MCU movie that has been released. But it's going to be the agreement of all of us here of where we're gonna put this, put these in order. You know, it's going to get interesting. We're gonna see if we can we see if friendships can still continue on after this, because some people feel strongly about the movie Eternals and and want it to be in that top five, so we'll see four.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I thought this was because we were trying to think, Okay, what can we do for three hundred? And I thought this was good because we've done rankings, but always when you've got to make a collective list, gets a little tricky. And then two, I think this is good way because there's I feel probably films on here that like there's been do like all combinations of us talking on the Marvel Alliance, but maybe some episode or some movies that we haven't talked about together right in that sort of sense, whether because the different eras that all the hosts were so other than Chris, but even Chris, there might be sometimes where it was Brent and I hosting or David I like somewhere in there. Right, so it's going to be you know, cool.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Brent and I, I think the only thing that we've kind of can say for sure we have done the Infinity Saga all together. That was the one thing that we did do all together. And so after that it became, like you said, all over the place because you and this is because you left at Black Widow, I think, right.
Speaker 4: I mean we just srammed. Yeah, because the first year the Disney Plus shows and then I and I was still there for No Way Home. Yeah, I think that was when I started transition, was around Yeah, and then and I just like it too because you know, whatever happens for four and five hundred, but now it's like this is gonna be okay. At three hundred, before Spider Man, Brandy Today and Avengers, this was the all the Marvel Alliance's hosts like agreed upon as well as we could rankings of the movie. You know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so we're gonna you know, kind of we kind of started talking about this off air that we're gonna kind of look at our top group, our bottom group, not necessarily ranking, but kind of group them at first, and then start seeing if we can put them in a numbering order, and then try to duke it out amongst the semantics of the middle group. So again, this is our list. If you think we're wrong, that's okay. As as a friend of the show would say, it's all subjective.
Speaker 3: If you think we're wrong, you're right.
Speaker 1: Uh So that's where we're gonna start. So do we want to start with the bottom or do we want to start with nominees for the top?
Speaker 4: Maybe we should start on a positive foot, start the happy round. All right, let's let's let's start high.
Speaker 1: Okay, So why don't we go around the around the group and everyone put out one that they want to be in that we'll call I want to say ten, Put ten up there, okay, okay, So we'll go around. So David, you want to what's your first nominee?
Speaker 5: All right, my first nominee is going to be Avengers Infinity War.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Nobody's gonna argue with that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no argument. Yeah, it's definitely gonna be in there.
Speaker 3: Brent I'll go in game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, that's argument ranking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about you try War War? Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean you know what I'm not getting. Yeah, somebody may not go with you, but I will.
Speaker 2: It's in my top five, so yeah, because it doesn't mean it has to be.
Speaker 4: There's just on the menu right now, right, it's not We could discuss and then go okay, actually no, we can't agree on this. We'll circle back to.
Speaker 3: Him, but real quick to get to the food food references.
Speaker 1: But I will put up Black Panther.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not what I thought Chris was going to go for.
Speaker 1: Well, I think someone will put it up there. If they don't, I will, so.
Speaker 2: All right, I will put up Winter Soldier.
Speaker 3: That's the one I Christmas get the Russou Quad movie. Sir, I'm gonna say no way home.
Speaker 4: I agree, I'm there.
Speaker 2: My top five has all been named, my top six have all been named.
Speaker 4: Christy, what's upen next? When I were with Panther, I'm trying to think Gardens Galaxy.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's interesting. Might have all right, So that's that's eight. Yeah we're eight, okay, eight, So I will put up I'll put up Iron Man.
Speaker 4: Man okay, right, it's you dude.
Speaker 2: This is where it starts to get difficult. Yeah, because I must say seven.
Speaker 1: It's seven.
Speaker 2: That's how t have already been named. So let's let's.
Speaker 1: Now what else say is this before? You say? Like, this is not set in stone? So if we put this up and then start going into our middle pack and say I think this might rank better, we we do get the right to change. So you for tomorrow lost.
Speaker 5: I am gonna go with the original Avengers.
Speaker 4: All right, yeah I thought about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, all right, well that'll be our worst ten.
Speaker 4: Well it would do.
Speaker 3: I only got nine nine, okay, I have even wrote them down, so.
Speaker 4: I got got in War, End Games, Civil War, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, no Way Home, Brand New, or I put no, that's where I screwed up.
Speaker 3: You should just put it in the our shared document.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If I'm supposed to put another one out there, I'll say Dead pulling Wolverine. If I'm not, then I won't.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it's in my top ten.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: It just makes me happy.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: It's just fun and it's got a great in sync intro.
Speaker 4: So I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, who said movies could have to be fun? That means.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm missing one, But then I just got nine. I definitely am missing one because I feel like Brent was going to be ten. Some editing is right now. But I got Infindy War, Endgame, Civil War, Black Panther. Oh, I forgot my own pick cardons got Okay, so you're at at this and then when we start bottom ranked, I'll start the bidding first one. Okay, So that's what we've got our first batch of nominees here. I can just share the screen pings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say nine of those are in my top ten.
Speaker 5: So so I'm feeling pretty confident about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of one of mine is not in the top ten. That's on in my top ten. But I'm okay with that right now.
Speaker 4: So that just makes Chris like that, hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on, Oh what is that image? I don't like that. Okay, we're just gonna go with gonna go. We're gonna go with the classic. We'll go with that. So yeah, I actually haven't pulled up my uh ranks to see what it.
Speaker 3: Was that up a little bit, and I actually blew up my rankings a while ago, so I'm kind of doing them, doing them on the fly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to remove some TV shows from mine.
Speaker 3: When we settled on this, I thought about redoing it, and I said, nope, I'm gonna I'm gonna just go from the heart.
Speaker 1: I thought about it and got it lazy.
Speaker 4: So I think all mine are there because it's like I said, I have the TV shows and letter box, so my numbers are kind of all over the place. So I'm happy with most of these. It's just a question of, you.
Speaker 1: Know, the one that is not. There's a couple that aren't there for me on my list, Like I have Wakanda Forever in my top ten. I have shunk Chi in my top ten. But I know, Travis, I've always heard your opinions on that. That.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought about saying that that'll be a tough Yeah, it'd be a tough brief for me in top ten. Well we'll see the shakes out, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know. Yeah, I'm good with this list right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got everything other than iron Man in my top ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I still as like the elder Statesman of like the start of it because I definitely have quality and then some of the uh like the lineage in there. But do we all have this list? What would everybody put as there? They're number one? I'm gonna start hard and say what would be the number one on this list?
Speaker 1: Number one? For me?
Speaker 3: To me, it's in game, But I won't argue if people.
Speaker 5: I have Infinity War as number one, and Endgame is my number three, with Something Situated is number two in between those?
Speaker 4: You got any game number three?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: I my top My personal top three are Avengers, Infinity War, Spider Man No Way Home, and then Avengers Endgame. Okay, Infinity War had the ending of it had more of that shock all and stay with me and that memory of that feeling of just anticipation, where the hell do we go from here?
Speaker 2: What's going to happen?
Speaker 5: That it ranks higher for me, Like the ending of Endgame was great, perfect culmination to Tony's story and everything else, But afterwards, I'm just like, Okay, cool course sort he wrapped this up in a nice little boat. I'm happy that this happened, but it didn't leave me with that oh my God, give me more like Infinity War did.
Speaker 1: See where my personal rankings are Winter Soldier black Pants. They're no way home Endgame in Infinity War. The reason I'll always give the edge to Endgame over Infinity War because even though Infinity War does have that gut punch at the end with a snap that we're all waiting for, because I'm too much in this stratosphere and no one's like I knew they were coming back, not because I knew spoilers. It's like they're coming back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like it didn't land as much as it land for general audience, didn't make it bad for me. It didn't ruin it for me. But there are certain parts of Endgame that just mean more to me personally, and that's the subjective opinion. Like Tony Tony saying he lost the kid always gets me like that always breaks my heart that moment. And then when he hugs Peter at the end of that saying, oh my God, like that that are, like you said, David, the Ark of Tony Stark in that one is just it comes full circle for me, and that will always ranked us a little bit above Infinity War.
Speaker 5: I would not be mad at anyone flip flopping that and putting in game over Infinity War, but by any stretch like that, they are both amazing, amazing films. And yeah, so either or to take the top spot for me and I wouldn't be mad at that.
Speaker 3: And then just to be clear, we are talking best to not favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Ye are we talking making sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh we're talking.
Speaker 4: That changes my mind.
Speaker 1: Well here's another thing to throw another wrinkle in an impact. Do we want to do the impact?
Speaker 3: Well, if you do impacts, yeah, well I will. I will argue all day for impact.
Speaker 1: You have a long you have a long reasons why what it leads to you? You do have your reasons, I mean.
Speaker 5: But all so with Infinity War and the whole Thanos demand your silence, it just I mean, that whole viral marking campaign was just it was amazing in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's tough because if it's the flow, because for me, if it's favorites, I got any game in number one, But if it's best, I prefer endgame to watch. But I do think Infinity War is a better movie. It also did something that I'm not gonna say never but successfully giving us a main character that is a villain. Honestly, there's multiple main characters, right, but to get that journey and we hear the all the time, all this this villain's got a motivation, but when you really watch, it's like, Okay, someone destroyed my home plan, I'm coming to get you. It's very layered character. There's moments like obviously when he kills Gomorrah and you're seeing this mountain of a villain weep tears for his daughter already has to do this. There's such a there's such a journey for that character and really what he was in a couple of n Cred scenes and a few scenes in Guardians Galaxy. They did all the heavy lifting in that movie. So yeah, that's where, Yeah, if we're doing a best I do of in Finity War, I think it's a better quality.
Speaker 1: And I think that's where I'm confused about like best I know best in favor of me and did, but what do we are? We is best tied to impact? Is best tied to like the production? Like what are we talking about?
Speaker 4: I guess mine's just the A to B like quality of the uh the film because and I don't agree, but I know there's lots of people that don't like the Middle Time travel portion of Endgame where it just kind of slows down for a bit and it's taking its time. I like all that. I always say love heroes that are depressed, so I'm finding but I know a lot of people like, oh, you gotta do wait all the time, but then you get the portals. But in Finny War doesn't have that issue. Though in Finny, War's always it's very quickly paced, but it does take some time to slow down a bit. I am a day where like either one, one or two, I think it's fine. I know there is a Spire film kicking around and Civil War, but I think I am in that camp where these two would be the top two in my.
Speaker 5: I agree, like the Portals moment is great, the ending is great. But for full scale movies start.
Speaker 2: To finish, I've got to give it to Infinity War.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have a problem if we end up having Infinity War, Like, it's not enough for me to split hairs over it.
Speaker 4: Number one, okay, War number one? Okay. Now that brings us to Now that's what I want to say is what are the films that if anyone thought, okay, Endgame is not number two? What are those films you would combat it with if you didn't feel.
Speaker 2: That no Way Home is my number two.
Speaker 5: But like to me, like if you were to put in Game over no Way Home, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I almost want to say it almost. I think Endgames should be number two just because of the bringing the conclusion to what is an amount of a franchise that no one like, how could you have ever thought that they could have mounted this in this consistency during that time period, like they brought to close ten years of Marvel that the superhero genre before this was every so often. We were lucky to get anything halfway decent. We gave the time of day and saying, okay, this is the best we got. But look at what we got when things got boo hits, the assembly on production, boo hits, everything like that. But they still did it. They set the bar for what right wrong, how we do the things like you cannot argue with what it established.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I also think too, Like I'm not saying anything's easy or anything like that, but I do think in a sense Sperman Noy Home is easier to pull off than Endgame was. As far as all those storylines, all those characters, all the years where knowing Home of course is juggling a lot of stuff, but then it also kind of gets like a fun get ed Jeil free card with the other movies that they didn't even make, like with you know, the Toby Ons and Andrew one coming in there, and we get to bring that stuff in there. So that's where I'd say that I'm pretty high on No Way Home as well too, But I think I'd be fine with Endgame being number two over for a litany of reasons.
Speaker 3: I agree. Now Way Home is absolutely I mean, it's my favorite Spider Man movie. It's it's up there in my top five for sure, But if we're honest with it, a lot of that is to the back half with the three spiders together. Yes, and it's significant, not that there's not great stuff in the first half, but it's less so in the first half when people think about that movie. So I would vote In Game over No Way Home.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I would like to make a case for Winter Soldier being third because of what it ended up. That was a change that was a big moment for Marvel post Avengers post like what we've set all these characters up what do we do? That was a pivot in the sense of, like we can make a serious compic movie from Marvel and turn it into a political thriller genre. That really upended what the next phase of Marvel was gonna be and kind of set up stuff because without I don't think we get a civil war without Winter Soldier.
Speaker 2: When I'm saying that, course, I wouldn't mind it jumping up to.
Speaker 4: Three, we might not get any of that stuff too, because obviously the Russo's are a big part of infinnie war en game, right, so that's there. They kind of got the keys of the Francis.
Speaker 1: It blew up, like everything we felt like, Oh, Shield's going to be this great thing every like you know, Cap know this, Oh Cap know some other things. Cap, you know, not necessarily always on the up and up with certain things, and all the stuff that he took for granted, he's the one that says, no, bring it crashing down, like nothing is sacred right now, We're gonna do what's right. And it leads to his whole thing about, you know, to civil wars point like I'm not going to let a government tell me what to go and where to go. If I see going down south. I'm going in you know, I'm not letting the government tell me what to do. That's that moment is tied to the results of Winter Soldier.
Speaker 3: Yeah and one a speech from cap.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true. Yeah, yeah, that's if we're doing the best. And I think I can agree my favorites. I can't get there because I love No Way Home and I got that high up there. But but even then, that's where my list is different, because wouldn't in Finny War is not my one or two. So that's what we're doing on favorite.
Speaker 3: Civil War is my favorite of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I would be fine Winter Soldier in the top three there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine. I won't argue it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So right now our top three is in Finny War, Endgame and Winter Soldier, and we got seven more to this. Again, they don't have to go and be in the top ten. But so far, so good on the stats there.
Speaker 1: So we wanted to put up next for four.
Speaker 3: Would this be the spot for No Way Home?
Speaker 1: I think it would.
Speaker 4: I think so. I like because you said it's your favorite. For as far as quality or even what we're doing for this list is the reason Brent that you have. Would you put Spidey over Civil War?
Speaker 3: I mean me individually, I wouldn't. I was more reading the room. I'm compromising with where I what. I just like, I know Civil War is lower on Chris's list, quite a bit lower if I remember right, And I know that No Way Home is higher because he just told us it was David's number two, and so I more just going with the I can sleep at night with that Spy.
Speaker 5: Spidey made me feel more though, Like Civil War had some cool moments. It had the bucking moment, it had the you know that everything going on with the shield, it had to does anyone want to get out like that? Those were all great, uh, but man, some of those heartbeats with Spidery were chess incredible. It was the nostalgia feel and it was also a moment that could bring back lapsed fans and be like I can just in a single vacuum still be able to enjoy this movie.
Speaker 3: I guess that's a funny thing to say about No Way Home. In the vacuum To enjoy that movie when it comes out of it's the third home movie, you you really need to know what happened in it and you all the other Spider Man.
Speaker 5: But I've watched it with a friend who did not know who had missed so much of the MCU, and they were just like, well, I know Toby, and you know.
Speaker 3: Like and make that person go back and watch some of the.
Speaker 5: No that was that was a different person. I've exposed way too many people to this movie. This person only watched They watched the Toby ra Toby was their guy. They watched the first of the Andrew Garfield movies. So having all of this, they're just like, Okay, yeah, like this this was something that and they sat there and they watched it, and we were like two thirds through the movie where they just like, yeah, like I get to just I had no idea who that is, but this part is super cool, and like I've picked up on it. And I was like, oh, like, you are just enjoying this for what it is and you still think it's a good movie without having twenty plus movies of knowledge ahead of it. If you can do that, I think that's saying something.
Speaker 4: All right. So just because this is the top four, I know people have top three, but in my mind I'm always concerned about the four because mout Rushmore right, I like the Mountain. These are those So for me, I'm gonna we're gonna read the room could get shot down right away, it could make a little interesting. I'm gonna pitch both these not be number four. And this is one that I've pitched for a while in my drothers. It's already ranked way too low because I think it is the best quar No. Black Panther.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna I was gonna join.
Speaker 4: The other than some people I know which I've looked past the bad cg on near the end stuff. I look past all that doesn't buge me at all if you talk about the same way Civil War, Sorry, Winter Soldier, Guardians, the first Iron Man, this is also a game changer, also changed things away. The MC was going first ever Academy Award nominated Superhail film.
Speaker 2: But it just.
Speaker 4: I can't even remember it was nominated that year, so.
Speaker 3: Won for some of that.
Speaker 4: For I mean, I guess that was that was, But yeah, for me, that really changed, Like there was all you know, I love the MSU, but all that aside, I guess the Winter Soldier, but I feel like with Black Panther, that was the real first conversations of alluding to something from the MSU that was similar to the Dark Knight Winter Soldier did have that, but it was the gravitas and how big those issues were. And I always remember when I was in the theater and the things kill Monger was saying and what they're bringing up I would have never thought was even when a Soldiers like, Okay, it's a spy thrill, but you can do the classic oh government bad storyline, right, Yeah, that's not a too stretch. But the idea of kill Monger being like, oh, you know, did the white people ask for mission when they took this from my people? Me just being in the theater like this is happening in a not even like a common book. Any of this is MSU in its prime twenty eighteen. It's Googler taking the chances, fantastic casting all round with Chadwick, kill Monger, Angebasat Sury. So for me, that would be actually the one I would fight for.
Speaker 5: Emotional journey teams I can secon yeah, I can join now that you're saying it, and thinking to myself like again, I love no Way Home. But that also that was a little bit of nostalchia bait, where black panther kill Monger was a fresh from the gutter, like out the mud villain that you were just like, Okay, this is the bad guy. Then you're like, oh crap, I'm sympathizing with this guy.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, he is making.
Speaker 5: Good points like yeah, why aren't y'all helping the rest of the world. Why aren't you contributing to building up other black people? Why aren't you doing this? You started to go like, my man, this is making some sense here. Plus again, I like a movie where you know, somebody's throwing some hands in he was throwing some hands.
Speaker 4: And to your point, that was and I always fight for it. People always look at me like I'm crazy. I always brank kill mong over Thanos. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, My.
Speaker 4: Dms are close. But like the thing is for me. That's where it didn't get to shine because infinny war was right around the corner, right and Thanos came. And I've said as much as I kill Monger Moore, Thanos is the Darth Vader of this generation. For movie bad guys, that's who everyone sures to be, like, oh this channels to me. It goes like like Vader, Hannibal Lecter, he Fledger's Joker, and then Thanos like those are maybe you're throwing like mister Smith from the Matrix, but the those are the ones that like they define certain decades that everyone's trying to make that new type of villain and that Stanos not even Downey last week is oh yeah, he's more powerful than Thanos. That's the measuring bar. But as far as the layered character which Stanos is, I think kill Mangers says even a bit more layers to him.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I would agree with that just because it's more particularly for everything you all just said. But that ending ending went right before he dies, is the way he's saying, like no, I don't want you to save me. I want I want to I want to go home. Like he is a true version of an antagonist. He's not a villain. He is a true personification of an antagonist. Where we've all said, like we find ourselves saying he ain't he ain't wrong what he's saying, Like his methods may be not necessarily, but his methodology is like you can understand why he's doing and why he's acting in this way of what his entire life has been surrounded and lies and to see and being cheated out of a life that he feels like he should have had, not necessarily wanting for the crown out of life that he got deprived of with the death of his father.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know to your point about you know how kill Monger's in that whole line about just bury me in the ocean with my ancestress who jumped from the ships because they knew death was better than bondage like that.
Speaker 2: Shit hit.
Speaker 1: It does. And so no, I I get completely Travis, why you put that as your number one? Like there's no reason, like regardless of the number four. Yeah, no, no, no, but I'm talking about his number one. Why he always puts it as his number one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's like it's one of those films that when take away all the cape stuff, when you look at the most important movies and even myself, right, I say, the best Marral movie for me is Logan. But Logan would never be in that list of the movies that changed, just like Superhero Cinema or cinema where Dark Knight is there. You know, I would even say, like Toby spider Man is but Black Panther, I think is definitely one of those that that's on that list of the films that change the scope of things, and honestly just like big for that community, right and howbeit was at that moment to have.
Speaker 6: No longer was it oh you know, people going of kids going there like it was a moment in time, but also topical for right now with the discussions of what's going on with the now ended quote unquote boycott of DC Comics that didn't go too long in the sense of DC so white.
Speaker 1: Another topic for another day. But the reason I bring that up is just like I'm not saying Marvel is doing better than it, but it also brought up the conversation of what do we look to our heroes and what do we look to representation? We all four of us have said on the show many different times representation matters. And are they doing are they putting it out there? Sure? Can they do better? Should they do better? Yes? But this was something that after also the behind the scenes of how long this movie took with Ike Permater and all the other ones not putting this on the back Bernard at this one for this moment right here, for Chadwick Boseman's this entire cash they crew, everything about it. You know, this was that moment in time. So yeah, I'm I'm good with it. Putting at four.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna agree mark it down at four. It's sold. I'm not gonna argue.
Speaker 5: And as many times it is because this movie, I got to say, Hey, Auntie, I heard.
Speaker 3: You say that a time or two. Yeah, I'm not I'm not gonna argue with it. Go mark it down, Blackman.
Speaker 1: And so we put No Way Home at five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just you know, okay, So No Way Home. And then I well, I guess I heard that Brent say that Chris is more down. I would be fine with because right now we have Civil War, Iron Man, Avengers, Deadpool over and Gardens the Galaxy the only one I could see someone make a case for his Gardens Galaxy. But I would still put Civil War over that personally. But I can see why people could make the case for Gardens. That's another. And see when that changed a lot of the tone. Right that came out and everyone's like, oh, Gun has the formula, Let's do a lot of that stuff. It was a big success to create these characters out nothing. But I think Civil War to me sung a lot, especially with the tone that's the cap not just that.
Speaker 3: But it introduced us to Black Panther that he just waxed boatic about. I mean, yeah, it introduced us to Spider Man, which David mentioned about earlier, and the nostalgia there of how important that character is and the best.
Speaker 4: Spider Man in the msum is gonna say it didn't like when the Russell's Handlespider Man.
Speaker 3: Important important to say. It did not adapt, but it was inspired by a very iconic storyline, and as an inspired by it did a really good job with it. Again, not an adaptation. People will get those two things confused. But and to Chris's point earlier, the impact that the movie Civil War had goes on a very long ways, all the way to the rest of Phase three and beyond even.
Speaker 4: To the other brand. It kicked the dbs's ass, you know, create a whole war.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I'll say it again a close.
Speaker 3: But I didn't argue with it. But I didn't say it either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I think it's again. For me, it's that it's I know everyone's gonna tell at the airport scene, but for me. It's actually the third act with just Bucky.
Speaker 3: Tony the airport scene. People only don't like it because it's daytime and it's cloudy outside, like it's great. I'm sorry, it's a little overcast, like.
Speaker 1: If you paint.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, there's no people there. Well, if you listen to the announcements say evacuated the airport, like, people's complaints are legitimately explained to the movie. So and you don't even have to dig deeper.
Speaker 1: You're trying to rationalize fandom there, it's just there.
Speaker 4: So I'll still say that it's like the Black Panther. The airport does look ugly.
Speaker 3: But civil war is high as high as the group will come to it.
Speaker 1: I'm good with it. I guess I've come around more, not because you your arguments are something that i've I see exactly as you put it out there. It's come up on my list. It's still it's in the top twenty, but it's come up further than where it was, not because I was a hater of it, but because yeah, but to where you point out the impact it's had is okay. That's that's where it gets me saying no, no, you're right, it moves it forward like that.
Speaker 3: So Captain America chasing Black Panther chasing Bucky. So good, that's a huge.
Speaker 4: I'm a big defender Zimo. I think he's one of MC films, like even before Winter Soldiers, like it was great to Sure he's not flashy, and sure it's not like this big art, but it was something very personal and subtle, and like I said, it worked and then we got that great third day. So I'm good with that.
Speaker 1: We get a great dance move from Zmo.
Speaker 4: Come on, yes we did, Yeah we did. So now we have Ironman Avengers that pull over and guards Galaxy on the board right now, out of the ones we had before.
Speaker 5: I personally have Guardians right after Civil War. So I'm okay with leaving that there.
Speaker 4: I would agree at the Here's the thing. I technically like Dead pull wolver In more, but I think that Girds is a way better movie.
Speaker 1: The only Dead Pulling Wovering is a more fun movie for me.
Speaker 2: It's I can put it on it.
Speaker 5: And I can just enjoy film, and it's in my top ten. It's just not it's not in the upper echelon of my top.
Speaker 1: But if we're going with what we said. It ties into what we said about No Way Home. It's nostalgia bit I love but at Pull the wover In too. But let's be honest, that is a lot of love and celebration of franchises that we have grown up with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the only other one that I would dis you because I haven't turned on the film like many other people do. But I still love that original Avengers. I get some people's criticisms, but I would still be fine to put Guardians next. That would just be the only one. I go, oh, maybe that, But if Guardians is number seven, I'm not going to really fight anybody about it. It's a it's a great time.
Speaker 3: The snixt four that we have that we nominated, iron Man, Avengers, that Pull, Woverine, Guardians, I could accept in any order. I personally would put Guardians first from these four, but like any order, except.
Speaker 5: My personal next three is Guardian's Avengers and then Deadpool Wolverine in that order like that rounds out my top nine. I don't have Iron Man in my top ten, but that, but those round out my top nine.
Speaker 1: I put Dead Pills number ten, and then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where I might be with Chris where I I think iron Man for me is still a better movie than dead poolvering.
Speaker 3: It certainly has impact, Yeah, nobody the impact iron.
Speaker 4: It has its weaknesses, like the Ironman action. It sucks in that movie, like it's it's not good, like that last fight with Filmore or Iron Bonger. It's like it's very it's almost better than had any right to be. Like, they're so lucky because Favreau is a great director that they managed to pull that off.
Speaker 1: So you have its time in the sense of what they had available.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, And it's just one of those though that still inspired many things. Right, So I think we're locked on Guardians and Avengers or Guardia Guardian Avengers. It's just where are we because me and Chris are more with iron Man next.
Speaker 5: But then if you guys want to do iron Man, then Deadpool. I am not in disagreement with that. Iron Man's number twelve on my list was not far out the top ten. It's not like that this is a huge thing. My my thing against iron Man is kind of the same points we argue made. The climactic scene is very clunky to me and very formulaic, but also like everything leading up to that just had me sitting there on the edge of my seat and he's.
Speaker 2: Just like, this is awesome. This is awesome, this is awesome.
Speaker 4: And that's me where I give some more creditsca that first whole act is there's no Iron Man or nothing. We're as much as I love it. But Wolverine it is Hey, you're getting Wolverine, You're getting dozens Wolverine suits. It's a fun time. Or Iron Man it's hey, it's rober Dannel Jr. In this cave for twenty five minutes and they make you care about him in that world, right.
Speaker 1: And we see the development at the beginning of the development of a character that you know, can't give anything for anyone in the world except for himself and throw throws life away and goes through I mean, look at what they used in the one of my favorite trailers from Endgame where he says I went in that cave. You know, like they use that for a reason if we're looking at an impact, like you know, yes, we could say, oh, obviously it's the first movie, but look at the arc of what it starts with Tony Stark, Yeah, like he is I know, it's always cap in Iron Man but like, say what you want. I still say I put iron Man's arc more impactful in the Infinity War saga than Captain America. I say it's iron Man.
Speaker 4: And Cap, especially because Caps are just randomly changes between Age of Ultron and Civil War. I think I'm happy being a soldier, and then all of a sudden, he's like, I really would like to date that hot chick, you know, like he was for a couple of mos. Completely fine. He's like, oh, Tony said I should do this. Now I'm not gonna do that, but no, and I agree with you right like it is. He is the there's a reason why the d there's no end quyts endgame. It's just the hammer clanging and what. And that's why no matter what, whether it works or fails, that's why it's such a big deal of him coming back as Doctor Doom, right, because it is they're playing with fire. It could be something great, but it could also be Hey, this is something special, and now even more so than CAP because you can add more story. This is an actor now taking on a new, big role. That could be something like, oh man, remember he was just iron Man, you know, or it could be their verse of you know, Danny's great and that's why I can't wait for December. So yeah, okay, so Avengers maybe Avengers nine deadpoot w Malverne ten. Yeah yeah, sorry Iron Answering.
Speaker 1: Sorry my god, let's uh say we got the ten. Let's take our first ad break. How's that all right? So listeners of these ads help keep the life on the Gigletimate lines network. We don't get choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit laud to give you that three count before they come on three two one. We'll be right back and we are back.
Speaker 4: Okay. So now out of the thirty seven, we've locked the top ten. So we got that. So now we're going to the bottom ten. And it left off of me. So I get to nominate. I got to nominate the very first movie I ever failed for the MCU, and I think it's the only one. There's a couple of TV shows, but I've still never failed. Some people I know Brent probably thinks of sour and MSU. I haven't. I'm just.
Speaker 1: Standard. Remember remember world standard Again.
Speaker 4: It's like if you're day in someone and they didn't cheat on you, but you saw him like maybe having too long a conversation with somebody.
Speaker 1: It's got to be a food reference.
Speaker 3: I would say you are higher on the MCU than you are Star Wars, but you've soured.
Speaker 4: I've given up on stars. You know. That's another time. But I've never I've only failed one MCU movie, and that is ant Man and Quantum and mana Wasp in Quantumedia. I'm nominating for the the bottom ten because uh yeah again I I have concerns since I've been away from the because you gotta remember, I don't care. I loved speaking of Ray bringing No. It wasn't no, no, no. Mc was the gold standard. I'm sorry, buddy, I don't even know this. It was. It was for what you look forward to franchise, right like what you as for fans and a business. It was quantum Mania. There was sure little stumblest of the phases. QUANTUMEA to me is the first time the MSU ever got punched like in a boxing ring, and they fell down. Other times they even eternals. I think they took on the blows like okay, get sill match quanme was the first time like hey you good, can you make it through this round? And yeah, and now it's gonna be worse than Incredible. Hope they'll be the most forgotten MC movie of all time, like just because of everything right, so Incredible.
Speaker 1: Holk has has way come up a lot.
Speaker 4: Just got a sequel reflection, you know, I got a sequel with the Leader back and Rossly. Yeah, I'm putting I'm putting a quantumedia there.
Speaker 1: So I will put up the next one being thor Love and Thunder. That's where in my opinion, like I I know people are big to like either love or hate. You know, Ragnark. I will be a defender of Ragnarrek. I love that movie. It's because there are so many funny things about that movie that I liked what it was. I think this took what I liked about it and doubled down, not in a good way like this this one. You know, as people liked, say Taika went to Taika, Yes, Taika went way too Taika, And it even started started questioning saying, yeah, I wanted to change. I don't know if I wanted as much. I kind of want to go back to the Brenna Aaron find a nice little like this one. Yeah, I I this is at my bottom.
Speaker 4: Even when there's a famous interview when they ask him fire like, oh, what type of genre is this movie? Because MC always has the type of genre. It's like, well, it's a tycho movie.
Speaker 2: And that's like.
Speaker 4: Something. I think I heard Brent make a noise. I think I'm with Brent that I'm not as much of a hater as this, but I with I understand Chris that there it is. As much as I don't like ant Man three, I do think thorl and Thunder comes up way more people disliking it. And yeah, so okay, that's Osse added because it's Chris's pick there, so it's David.
Speaker 5: Now, all right, I'm going to switch to a different Thor movie, and I'm gonna go with Thor the Dark.
Speaker 3: World, one of the low hanging fruits there. I'll go ahead and do the other low hanging fruit and say iron Man two iron technically, even though iron Man two has some cool stuff in it, but I'll for a bottom ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dangerous point zero five.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, they all have some cool stuff, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, this is the bottom right, Oh, this is the easy one Black Widow for me. I'm throwing that there. Wow, you know, discount Winter Soldier, you know, sugar free Winter Soldiers.
Speaker 3: And still better than so many movies. I disagree, but put it in there.
Speaker 1: All right, the Marvels. I love the characters in it, but this movie was completely underserved, and I know it all behind the scenes stuff everything like that. I agree. I think we've all said it, like if this movie had come out with and the strike didn't happen, I don't think it would have saved it, but that press tour would have would have brought in some more, some more audience to this movie. And I think I think individually the characters, I mean, a Mambilai was a gem in that movie, but it just didn't land and and it always brings the argument was Captain Marvel, was it a billion dollar movie because it was a good movie or was it a billion dollar movie because it was the movie leading into Endgameya? I think that's a conversation that still gets happened. And I don't think someone who argues that it was a billion dollar movie because of Endgame coming, it's hard for me to not say that you don't have some some stuff that you're not right about with that.
Speaker 3: Are you talking the Marvels or Captain Marvel There.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the Marvels. I'm just saying like that, you know, the question that comes in when that movie doesn't even come close to okay to its predecessor. I'm not saying it should have been a billion dollar movie, but when it doesn't even sniff in that direction, that's there's a lot going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got two options here, and I got to decide which one I want to shit on first show.
Speaker 2: I am going to go with.
Speaker 5: The easy out and just say eternals if it is, yeah, it's in. It's in my bottom ten. We all knew it was coming. There is something that ranks a little bit worse than that.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if I'm ready to.
Speaker 1: Just thrust or the two.
Speaker 5: You know not.
Speaker 4: I almost was worried it wasn't gonna be in the bottom ten because we all thought someone would say it and then no one would say it.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it.
Speaker 1: I competent, someone was gonna put it there. I wasn't worried.
Speaker 5: And that's another part of my reasoning. Is it it needs to be here in the bottom ten, so you got to get said. I don't want it to slip up and make it into the top twenty five because no one wants to mention its name.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say in the wasp for my next one, that was choice. Something about that movie. When I watched it, I'm like, I like it, it's fine, but I don't know. I just it's it's hard for me to quantify, which is perfect for a podcast, but it just there's some lacking about that movie.
Speaker 5: Well, it felt like the same thing that we've said about thor Love and Thunder, where you know, they just went a little bit too far. The same thing with that one is like, all right, we had a good movie, let's do the same thing and just kind of turn the dial up a little bit. And it just it felt a little bit disingenuous. It felt just like here we go. Here, here's the next installment, because you gotta do the next installment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's Michelle.
Speaker 1: The biggest waste of time in the sense of the ant doing the drums side that we didn't need that one. We could have just had the other post and just done. We didn't need to. That was a waste.
Speaker 3: Irrationally hate that so much. I don't know why, all right, so.
Speaker 4: Much like Brent said, there's just something something in a movie you just don't know. You can't put your finger on it. This I can't put my finger on because I did recently rewatch this, but I did not watch this in or I just watched this in the trilogy, and I think, what a lot of people hate on it. I never loved or really enjoyed the film, but I didn't hate it, and I still don't hate it. But I'm gonna go uh Spider Man, uh, which is the second one Home Home?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Number two? Yeah, I just I remember, Yeah, Spiderman, Spider Man, Tom Hall and two. We watched this summer because we were in the mood with the girls watching some Spiderman stuff, and when we just watched that alone, because I know Brent's always point this out, but I'm usually not doing that, so and I just watched, and even the kids when we watched Spider Man Far from Home with no in Finney, woret, no endgame.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 4: That movie just it just doesn't even work. And that's where to me is like a film by itself. And if this is not a favorite, it's a best list. That's where I think there's other films that still can work even Civil War to a point. It's a big jump, but can work work far from home. It just feels especially from home coming to there and even little stuff right as far as to me, I was super excited when they had the home the cliffhanger of oh Aunt. Made's gonna know that Peter Spider Man and how's it handled the next movie? First finance they have a high five. Yeah, good job that you good job. You just be safe. That's it. That's such a huge moment that we've never gotten to Spider my movies auntme knowing Peter Parker and what comes with that. But he just goes on a trip and they barely interact. They have three scenes together.
Speaker 3: I think we just lost Travis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have three scenes together.
Speaker 4: Finished that for him, and so my WiFi was going out.
Speaker 5: I don't think you guys saw my shocked face when he said that, Like I was, cause that it's not in my.
Speaker 2: Bottom fifteen, but it's at least in like my top twenty five. And so when he said that, I.
Speaker 4: Was like, what, Yeah, that's a chakra.
Speaker 1: I've more soured on Far from Home over the years than when I originally did it. It wasn't in my top But the more I've watched it, the more I like, ugh, I really don't want to watch this.
Speaker 3: I still think it's a lot of fun, but it's you can't watch it like trying to watch it the way that Snell just said he did. It does not work. It is not part of a trilogy. Again, Marvel does not have trilogies, like you said, like, so it doesn't work. That's why you can't. What's the best book trilogy of all time? I don't know. The MCU doesn't have a comic book trilogy.
Speaker 1: It's any one you.
Speaker 3: Put them in it like they're just automatically out by default. They don't have one. But honestly, Deadpool is probably the closest in. It needs to go back to Fox Movies now for a trilogy. And Travis just said wi FI is causing.
Speaker 1: He guess what the original cruise, the new the backup cruise back. Well, it's my turn anyways to put one up since ce So what are you all right? I'm going back and forth between two actually three.
Speaker 3: But we only have room for one more.
Speaker 1: I know. So this this, this is where I'm debating right now. I've got tell us here three tell you that's what I'm gonna say. Like, my my three right now are Iron Man three, Age of Ultron, and Captain America Brave New World.
Speaker 4: I could tell you what I would pick.
Speaker 3: I think there's only one acceptable choice out of those three, but it's your call, so I'm not gonna say it.
Speaker 1: I will say Brave New World made the right choice, and Brave New World to me, had and I hate saying it because I it Sam Wilson's Captain America deserved a lot more, especially the way Falcon and Winter Soldier. I put Falcon War Soldier a lot higher in my face. In d C, DC MCU streaming shows like Upon, like I will rewatch that through and through and fall more in love with that show because of call it the messaging, call it like, there's so much going on with that. And for what happened with this movie that they should have had, there was just way too much they were jamming in there. It got very messy. I understand why the you know, people say, oh, you revealed the Red Hulk in that they had to reveal. There was no way they could have like avoided that.
Speaker 4: You know, the leader wasn't caring that movie in the marketing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no way, and.
Speaker 4: Then the movie barely like it's still like it did well enough for them, but it didn't do probably what they were holding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, there was there's again, like we said, even the movies in the bottom, there's a lot to like about different ones in different scenes. But and I have a lot to like about Brave New World. I just cannot move it out of It's not the bottom for me, but it's definitely I can't claim it in midpack either.
Speaker 4: So okay, the Brave New World was Chris's last Yes things A lightning bolt took me out. So yeah, okay, eleven, we have eleven? How do we get eleven?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 4: Chris just wanted to get it in. There happen?
Speaker 1: There we go? Wait a minute, no, I was pretty confident.
Speaker 4: Man got separated. There there we go. So okay, So our bottom ten nominees are ant Man three, Am Wast, Quantumnia, Thor Love and Thunder, The Dark World, Ironman two, Black Widow, The Marbles, Eternals, Ant Man, A Wasp, Far from Home, and Brave New World.
Speaker 1: What do we want to claim that? I think it might be easier like bottom, like the last.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I thought it might be easy, but I don't know because I feel like you guys know because like for me, it is ant Man three, but I don't know. I think you guys have different bottoms.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Dark World is is my bottom, but ant Man three is in the bottom three of mine.
Speaker 2: So if you were to make the case all that, I'd be like, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Could originally, like I haven't revisited my letterboxing a little bit, but I could easily. I would probably switch Dark World has been my bottom, but I would easily now switch it to quantu Mania just because of it. It was the beginning of like, ooh man, we're in trouble right now. You know this is this is not the way that's worked out.
Speaker 3: Just put media there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the new for Gone movie is Okay, that makes some change.
Speaker 1: Then I would I would put Dark World is following that up.
Speaker 3: Dark Yeah, thirty seven would be Quantumdia. Yeah, thirty six would be Dark World, assuming well, I think David's okay with that as well. Let me don't let me speak for you, but you just said it was your bottom, so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm I'm freezing up over here, so I don't know if you guys can hear me, But yes that I'm okay with that.
Speaker 4: So we're doing Dark World next, all right, I guess I just like so you guys all would if you're given the choice, Let's say you have to go see a new one in the movie or you guys see one in the theaters. Again, you would pick Dark World.
Speaker 3: I'd see any of them in the theaters.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying if you had one, you would see you would see Turtles over Dark World.
Speaker 1: Yes, well.
Speaker 3: From the from the quality of the movie, I'm gonna say yes, from uh king alone, i will like I think Eternals is a better made movie than Dark One, but different, right, But Dark World is more fun and got one of the biggest laughs out of me the entire MCU when Loki switches to Captain America. And but Dark World's more fun. But I think Eternals is better made and three hundred more episodes. Will do it again. But we'll do it from our favorites, not our.
Speaker 1: Best, God, but how big that list? We may have to do a couple of partners on that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, thor the Dark World. I won't fight you too. I'm not going to fight. I'm not going to go to bat for thor.
Speaker 3: Do you do you want e Turtles to be thirty five?
Speaker 4: This list one more time? I feel like that, but I just want to confirm what we got, because again I'm not as big a hater as Love as Thunder as other people. I think Eternals. I think Eturnals would be next for me out of these ones that we have, because we got rid of AMN three, we've got thor Dark World and.
Speaker 1: What else say about Love and Thunder? Like we say fun movie people say oh, people say fun, I mean it's bad like Love and Thunder. I think just got way too lost in the silly for certain things that didn't have to be as silly, you know, like I love we got the moment of Jane as as thor you know, I love that. I think that was great, but then we kind of lose the side of Okay, the cancer. It's just like wanted that to land a little bit more, and then we get the whole you know.
Speaker 5: The cancer did not hit as hard as it did in the comic books and the story in which any of this.
Speaker 1: ISAs on they hit they they really.
Speaker 2: Undersold the the harder emotional beats of it All.
Speaker 1: And Christian Bale I thought did great as Gore, but it was not as much as it could have been. I wasn't expecting Jason Aaron's full run of Gore the God Butcher, but definitely could have been better.
Speaker 3: So are you saying, are we saying thor the eleven Thunder should be next?
Speaker 1: I was just explaining a little bit more Thorder, Loan and Thunder, So if you know you're not gonna have to, you know I wouldn't put it next, But I'm fine wherever we put it. That I just that one. I'm the bottoms aren't necessarily going to worry me where we put them.
Speaker 4: Oh that's tough. I'm just trying to think.
Speaker 1: I could even make a case for Iron Man two going next.
Speaker 4: Really, goddamn Turtles or Marbles.
Speaker 3: You know, Snow really wants Eternals on this list.
Speaker 4: Also, like you guys, the same thing won't be It's hard on But for me, Black Widow also deserves somewhere on this list. I know gives Florence Pugh, but that movie is so vanilla and soul bland, and sure it's always about adaptation or inspiration. Task Masaker either way you want to. They just suck.
Speaker 3: But they followed up it was task Master and Thunderbolts, and she was pivotal to that movie.
Speaker 1: How pivotal she was gone.
Speaker 4: In the head. That one's just annoying because of it just being almost a very similar copy to another one and it being the first Black Widow movie just felt a little uninspired.
Speaker 3: But I do think I do think that, and it's probably been long enough that it's not color of your view. But when it came out, there was a lot of talk of the way Black Widow was released between because that is the only Marvel movie that did that Disney Premier thing where you could buy it on Disney Plus or go see it, and we I saw it both ways. Yeah, bought it. I saw it, bought it on premiere Access. My wife watched it and then wanted to go see it in theaters after watching it at home. But I really liked that movie. But it's it also is and maybe this is colors my color is my view of that movie. The other way, it had been like over a year and a half, two years or whatever since we had a Marvel movie. Yeah, because it was already gonna be a year out between Far From Home and the next movie was supposed to be a Black Widow.
Speaker 1: Got it? Welcome back to the movie trailer, God that hit that hit.
Speaker 3: Home, Welcome back to the movie. Yeah, we watched it at work and David, we were in that old conference room. We watched it, and it's such a good trailer. But I don't know, I feel like the whole black widow thing is it weird?
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 3: I would not put it in the next like couple, but thirty thirty to thirty three I would be comfortable with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 2: I would definitely say that.
Speaker 4: He would say the same thing.
Speaker 3: He would say the same thing and then this Hotel Wi Fi bites him again, Bess was because.
Speaker 4: That's probably I feel like all like even the like Okay, quantamea thor Dark World of those were the easy too. I feel like that's the thing with because like even what you're talking about Chris with thor Love and Thunder, And I'm not a big defender of like get the comedy wise, but with commedy being so hard on that, that's where it's very subjective, not the most subjective thing. And maybe that's where it's like, if you have that it's just like a popcorn fun time movie. That's where like there's none of the like.
Speaker 3: For me, just a movie you can turn your brain off, you know.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah that does. You can't actually do that, it is it is physically possible to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny. It feels like we all have one. I feel like we're probably gonna agree a lot in the middle of these, but feels like for our next we all have ones a lot higher than others or lower because like for me, it's eternals, but I feel like you guys are higher on that. And then there's like one like because even like I've put far from Home, but I don't think far from Home is next. I think it's like the higher echelon of this list. So I'm not I'm not completely against love and Thunder being next. I I'm looking at this list if it's kind of a bit of a crossroads because I can have an answer for it being there. You know where there's other ones. You know, amen was I'm that's the same thing on their verse Rhamad On that train, I had a really good time, Amn a wasp, but I enjoyed it. So I'm like you with black Waddle Brent, where that would be like higher up in the tier ranking for sure.
Speaker 3: Let's put leven Thunder next. And I say that knowing it's not my personal like it would not be my personal place for it. But if we're talking quality of how it was made of the movie versus you know, was it fun? Did we enjoy it like that? Yeah, I feel like I can make an argument that I think I could argue Black Widow is a better made movie than To and Love thor leven Thunder. I think I can make the same argument for Amen and The Loss, even though I had my issues with that movie too that I can't quite quantify, Like so unless unless Chris really puts Love and Thunder higher then.
Speaker 1: And again, some people give some a lot of hate to that movie. I just I don't hate the movie. I don't hate any of.
Speaker 3: These movies, and it certainly does not match up to its predecessor.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. I just think that it went much more silly than I I Again, it's a subjective opinion, but that movie, it was a movie that didn't need to go that silly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there's always gonna be a bottom, right if you like them all like doesn't like, if you enjoy these, you know, that's what we're doing today. So if we are speaking then in that terms as far as the filmmaking and as far as how it's constructed as a film, also wait till Dave gets back in. But that I feel I don't know which order, but to me, iron Man two and Brave New World got to be somewhere around there because I feel like both those have frankenstein Ish type of vibes, Brave New World especially, And that's a bit tougher too because iron Man two it wasn't as popular, where like Walk with Me, there are the online reports and every that changes nowadays is out there within a couple months. There's this, there's that, deadlines sput that out where iron Man two that's more stuff you learn after like, oh yeah, we kind of rushed through that, and we wanted to set up the Avengers and we did X, Y and Z, and Favreau was done, like that's why he didn't even because there was rumors he's gonna direct Avengers, and after Ireland two he's like, you know, I'm on at of here and he still stay on a producer and actor, but as a director, I think it really warmed down, so I feel those are in the similar love and thunder vein. I think I personally would go Brave New World next, and then Iron Man two. I do enjoy Iron Man two more in Brave New World as much as I actually really enjoy Harrison for in that movie doesn't have much that I returned back to where Ironman two still has, you know, the introduction, introduction of Natash, which I think is she's good there. We got Don Sheet on there, who is also good there. You know, I'm a tasier deal with it, but yeah, exactly. Yeah, so, and I think it's a I think there's still more of a movie there, even though it feels like a lot of set up at times, where Brave New World sometimes really does feel like an episode, it does not feel too complete. It definitely feels like, in my opinion, they should have reworked it in Winter Soldier, the themes they hit there had more of a theatrical, grandiose theme than Brave New World, even though he got a massive hult. Winter Soldiers just feels more in a theatrical sense. So I would go Brave New World.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with you on that and the other thing was, and I said it during a review, like I don't care about the Serpent Society. I love Jean Carlo Esposito with I think he's a great he does a good job in the movie. I have no care about what this organization is. I have no connection of what they're gonna do. I don't even consider it. I'm a threat, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just to throw away people at the start of the movie.
Speaker 1: And that's what it is, a further knock against that movie. It's like, I'm not saying you have to care about everything about the villain. If I don't care about the villain and just think they're mustache, really, then it's a waste.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he and s they had done with him like what they did with Batrock de Leeper in The Winter Soldier, where you only see him at the very beginning, and that's it. It almost would have worked better, correct because then it's just it's that opening establishing. Let's give you the fun action scene at the start with our new our hero and his new status quo and stuff like that show the show. Uh, well, at least what to the movie going audience was the new costume because let's be real, like, not everybody watched falcon in the Winter Soldier, but and for me, like the Captain America sub franchise of the MCU, I adore that that that movie, those those three movies plus Falcony the Winter Soldier, adore them. But Brave New World I'm like, you are the red headed step child other group. Like I hate to say it, but it is. So let's put it in there. When when David gets his computer fixed, you know, we'll give him an opportunity to to weigh in. Yeah, he won't mind if we fill in a couple of answers.
Speaker 4: I feel like you'll look at these be like, Okay, I can see he's not gonna push back. Yeah, Brave Old War. Well, what was the put Brave Old War? Brave Old I see a New World Order? I think that's what I'm still the original name for it originally? Yeah, okay? And then did we feel good about Iron Man two next? Or is that still?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay? So we got those off the boards.
Speaker 3: And that's stupid scene where he's sitting in a donut. I don't know why. It just always sticks out to.
Speaker 1: Me, sir, Can you please step out of the donut, and I feel like.
Speaker 4: These other wins all have had one of us talk more kindly, like like you know, oh and then so far for that Brent with Blackwold, Oh, I fight for that to be higher where Okay, is it Turtle's time?
Speaker 1: Turn it? Even with iron Man too?
Speaker 4: Is just like that.
Speaker 1: I know they were trying to do Demon in the Bottle. That wasn't a good version of Demon in the Bottle. No, they should have Honestly, they should have done Demon in the Bottle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they should have done that, or they should just went more fun high jinks with like connecting MCU, setting up a venger, just make it. Oh, we're just gonna have a fun time with Downey here.
Speaker 3: But I will give him that fight at the end with Ironman and war Machine back to back against all the whatever things. Yeah, that was a question. I will give him that for fun. C GI spectacle and.
Speaker 1: We got an accurate war Machine.
Speaker 3: Look, yes, you look great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh so now we got Black Widow, the Marbles, the Eternals, Ant Man and the Wasp and far from Home.
Speaker 3: I'm going to vote Eternals.
Speaker 4: It's time for a turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: We're stuck around, stuck around for a hot minute. Now you know it should have been a little lower. But I do agree with Yeah, I do agree with breadth though, like it is still a well made movie, and I understood people that enjoyed it. It just wasn't my cup of tea. But I also don't like that director's work. Really, I don't like any of my stuff. Kloy Joe. She makes beautiful looking films.
Speaker 1: But I uh, it was a swing. They took a swing, and.
Speaker 4: They now we're never getting any Celestials play another five years. We're not gonna find it.
Speaker 1: Are definitely not getting the Blade either.
Speaker 3: One Blade going to belade Super Wars.
Speaker 4: Marshall, he is going to be in there and people are gonna love him. Telling you it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: This second Blade will be that guy who played him in the Team You show.
Speaker 1: That went from like, I stand by, I stand by what I said in the chatter earlier today, you're gonna get GTA six and seven before you get a new Blade movie. You'll get the Blade video game before you still get a Blade movie.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that. I think that game would be Yeah, we'll see, Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're in the area that I requested Black Widow land in, so I don't care what you put it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm fine with that too.
Speaker 4: I I do feel these three other ones, uh like, yeah, they're above Black Wido because at least I don't. And none of them, to me are Oh this is a lesser version of Blank. We're winning, that is Brave New World and Black Widow to me are always they're trying to be Winter Soldier and it's just not clicking.
Speaker 1: It's not that I'll make a case that Far from Home as the top of the bottom.
Speaker 4: Sold I think I'll get out voted. I wouldn't agree, but I'm fine too late.
Speaker 1: What would you put I want? I want to hear it. I'm not.
Speaker 4: It's it's still Aunt Man of Loss to me. And because of that reason of I you can still watch that movie primarily by itself Far from Home. You can not watch everything.
Speaker 1: You're right, Okay, I see, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I should be convinced.
Speaker 1: I could be convinced on that, And.
Speaker 4: Again that's what It's a little thing. But the whole point of ant Man one is this relationship between the father and the daughter and losing the wife and then the whole story of two is we gotta find your mom, we gotta find my wife. Where I said they set up the whole not the whole thing, but to me, I thought the ant mad thing was a big setup. And that's just kind of it's mom or somewhere else. And even like for a minor degree, when he comes into Far from Home and he's like, oh, I gotta get with m J and I gotta give her this gift. What happened, I know, like school happened to be, like what happened to be? He was in the Liz Allen and they were just kind of friends. There's a lot of missing.
Speaker 3: But she did move away.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, she strike that against me. For the record. Yeah, she's gone, and she's got some spider man I don't know, I don't know deal and her dad is the Vultar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, and that's gonna put a damper on the.
Speaker 4: Releaseuses don't forget that Sony Universe of movies that died. He's stuck over there. I don't forget.
Speaker 3: God acknowledge that. Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that that's just my my pitch again. Nick Fury also being a scroll. I think as it's gone on now that's more of annoying now too.
Speaker 1: Between that, You're right, yeah, you went on, Yeah, Convince.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's that was my pitch.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give this one to Dravis. He he has sold me on it. I'm just gonna give the shout out to like, what that's the coolest spiderstn scenes we've ever seen?
Speaker 1: And now reflecting on Far from Home with this, like the scrolls, you know, Nick Fury and the leading scene, Oh my god, that.
Speaker 3: He Spiderson scene.
Speaker 4: Man, it's strange that it just feels like I felt we kind of got the gist that before because I don't think Secret Invasion was announced by Far from Home error, was it? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: So I felt we all thought like.
Speaker 3: Oh from Home was added when they when Civil War was announced, that the twenty fourteen announcement thing, it did not it went all the way to Avengers in game, it did not go too far from Home.
Speaker 4: And I feel like at that time I justified it by going, oh, you know what, probably the next Avengers movie that could be something really Secret Invasion scroll related. Right now, then they pivot to the show. But I think we all thought, oh, this is leading somewhere bigger and then where it lead. And also it'd be different if the project.
Speaker 3: Was we thought it was leading into Sword and that, which I know we didn't get Sword, but that could.
Speaker 1: Have been the Avengers movie that is missing in this like legitimately because because again it brings in the cosmic side, it brings in the post endgame kind of what's going on in the world, Who do we trust, what do we do? How do we deal with this? Like that was We've said it before. Not having an Avengers movie until now was one of Marvel's biggest mistakes, and putting Secret Invasion as a show was even bigger mistake.
Speaker 4: And the other thing too is imagine you could have characters that had blipped but didn't blip because scrawls were posing out of them. So imagine that when you come back and oh, no, you've been here a whole five years. No, I haven't been here.
Speaker 1: That was the perfect time for them to do.
Speaker 3: It's like saying, no, yeah, right, I'll give this a knock on far from Home. Well, I think I still think it's a hilarious scene. The fact that That was our next take on what happened with the blip, Like we saw everyone agree, but we didn't like it. Hilarious moment when those kids come blip back on the basketball court. But I do wish we had seen. I wish at some point we have seen. I still wish we had a project more set firmly during the blip.
Speaker 4: It feels it's such untapped potential. We still we never got and did we won't? Yeah, we won't now And isn't that was the perfect part for that, you know, it could have been something and that's where to your point. But that's the thing that bugs me too, is I get it. It's fine, it's movies, but every main character from Spider Man blipped, you know, and it's like Ned MJ. There friends Aunt May so there's no stakes for them. It's just Aunt made to be in the movie. Be like, oh and I blipped in someone's apartment. They thought I was having an affair with their husband and it's just it's just a joke. But it's like, well, couldn't one of those characters even because remember there was a time I feel like something changed where we thought Anti Ma didn't blip, but then they changed it so that she did blip and that thing where it would have been great, same thing of some motive something there with it, but it was just very kind of off the side. So but also to defend it, Mysterio's fantastic in that movie, Love Monsterira, all the stuff. They are great visuals, that whole sequence. Then Spiderman the snow globe. I wish he wasn't dead. I'm always mad that John Hall only signed up one movie deal. So and by proxy that makes the Marvels twenty eight, I guess because we had that hang around. So the Marvels, which you know, I'm actually fine with because it's not like a It's not an awful movie. Those three really like. I could make a case that in these movies all down Below has nothing as good, maybe the Mysterio stuff. So I might be counting myself right, but those three together is a super big highlight. Even in a very just kind of fine movie. They are something that you want to see more of. Like Eternals, I don't think we're gonna get to see more of them together. I'm hoping Amon is in Doomsday or Secret War. She didn't get a chair, and I just feel like, I get it. Miss Marvel's low rated. The Marvels don't do well, but a'mon and Miss Marvel is such a perfect match.
Speaker 1: She's she's gonna be in one of them. I'm very confident she's somewhere.
Speaker 4: My worry is like it's but I was hoping supporting character, not just somewhere. I'm hoping it's not just you know Roady in uh in Findy War where he has one scene with Ross and that's it. Like I was hoping she'd be a part of the squad. And I hope I'm wrong. I hope that's the case.
Speaker 3: But you know, the Marvels does have that really inventive like early on action scene where they're all bouncing back and forth between each other and they're different scenarios and they don't know what's going on yet. Like that was a really well constructed, well edited especially so yeah.
Speaker 1: No, agreed. All right, we'll take our next ad break before we start delving into the where does everyone thing line in the middle. All right, so listeners, as you know, these ads keep the lights on, the gigglesmin lines and now we're gonna get choose at ads come on and they could be a bit loud to give it that three count before they come on three two one, We'll be right back and we are back, all right, delving in the middle. So David is still not back, but he did say that this was going to be the possibility he may not come back, but okay, we'll see.
Speaker 4: Well, damn, I know, I was trying to look for some funny thing. Now I got, I got, you know, all right, are we trying to do like from eleven down or twenty seven up?
Speaker 3: Now that's it might just be call stuff out which it's called. Yeah, for what it's worth, I personally would put Wakana Forever, Shu Chee, and thor radyr Rock all very high in this list.
Speaker 4: There is Guardians three as well.
Speaker 1: No argument, Yeah, no argument with the Guardians three. Yeah that that that that is definitely I think I would put Guardians too towards the bottom of the middle.
Speaker 4: Except yeah, I'm a big defender. I'm maybe the only person. I'm not the only person. I'm sure's others out there.
Speaker 3: Like me, but I'm the only I'll defend it with you.
Speaker 4: But no, I mean, I have it as my favorite of the trilogy.
Speaker 3: No never mind, I'm out No, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: Don't don't jump aboard yet. Don't jump aboard yet.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great movie. Yeah, I do think it's a great movie. I do think it's overheted. I don't think it's anywhere near volumes one and three.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we got a lot of sequels, so fat.
Speaker 3: That one shot sequence in volume three.
Speaker 1: Love that that movie hit. I was not prepared for that movie to hate as hard as it did.
Speaker 3: It's that movie. I was so thankful they all survived. Even if we never see them again, they're out there somewhere.
Speaker 1: God, I still remember I had I was off the grid for for a because I was out of country at that point and having to I think that was as. I think that was probably the first movie I missed for major movie. I don't count Venom as I missed.
Speaker 3: That doesn't count. I mean, yeah, no MCU movie. I believe that is the Is that the only one you've missed?
Speaker 1: I think that's the only one I've missed for released weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we actually saw David and I saw that early at an advanced screening with a friend of ours from work, and then my wife went with us and we were able to get into that one early.
Speaker 4: What was the other two? I completely forgot we went off.
Speaker 1: I have inste Ragnarok and shun Chi shunk She okay, son right, okay, well kind of forever.
Speaker 5: It's just.
Speaker 1: That's in my top ten just because of everything that movie. That movie is was all the warriors and everything like that, and they still, despite everything, still land that movie and was set up before we'll say it again Beset just lands that that that I've given everything.
Speaker 4: M yeah, I'm with you on that because I feel like that movie has turned into very similar, similar to like the better version of Love and Thunder as far as like people defending it or really not liking it. Obviously, there's lots of people that don't like it because it's like a funeral movie, or there's the big camp of people that hated it. They should have just recast. I am a big defender of it. I'm fine with it being super high. I also, you know this is tres have told you. That's where you got to see Ryan Cooler stretch those horror vibes when he did that boat scene, when they all came up. That was when I was like, Okay, this guy wants to make a horror movie, and I guess what he did make an Academy War winning horror movie. Not too long. But for me at this out of these four, I guess because this is a clear one, because it's even for better for me, Wakanda is I have it at the top out of these four sure for multitude of reason.
Speaker 3: As good as it is, it's not as good as it would have been originally. Like we all know that, we all everybody knows that. But yeah, they they pulled it off under impossible circumstances.
Speaker 1: And that end sequence where we see to chill sun. At that point, it's like, okay, you just set up for the future of the possibility of carrying on a legacy.
Speaker 3: And as someone who did not want the recast, I was thankful for the route they took.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, and I was finally and now I'm final that if we get there. And also Nay more was great. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think he did agree that the whole attack sequence on it, that's yes.
Speaker 3: Perfect, It's been long enough. If they go if if they do a full recast now or they just age either way, like I'm okay with it. Now, but I it was for me personally, it was too soon.
Speaker 4: I also think, like I know, everyone has their takes, but it's like again, it's their movie, and I think it could have been too soon for that cast. You know, I don't know if they wanted to do that right now, and I think it it worked for and they took big swings right. I was, you know, my spoilers, but like I was super surprised Angela Bassett died in the movie. I thought, no way, there's no way they're killing a character like that. It's gonna be We're gonna do the best I can. We're gonna play it safe. We're gonna introduce Naymore. He's super cool. We got lots of cool water stuff to do with them. But I still think, just like the first one, it took massive swings. I don't we had hit on the level the first one obviously, but they also had a lot going on against it because we've seen Dark Knight Rises, We've seen right and to me, right skoy Walker is a lesser version of that, right with Kerrie Fisher and I don't be smudge them because what can you do? And they're just trying their best with it, but I think this was a good version of trying.
Speaker 1: To move forward.
Speaker 4: So okay, we've got Garden Street, Sungshi and Thwart Ragnarrock.
Speaker 1: I think I got to a look at the list. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: You guys know where I am in Sung Chi. So it's gonna come down to you guys. Where you guys, if you rate, if you both frank it really high, then I got no problem putting up there. I still like these other two. Again, I do not dislike Sung Chi. It's just a tad overhyped. And I don't love that third act once. Uh, when Wu goes away, I think that movie starts to to tick. I would have taken a much longer third act with when Wu versus the Dragon. For me, that's where I'm always.
Speaker 3: So it's at the last ten minutes you don't.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, because I feel like the whole movie is building two more of that, And there's others up There's like the who's the rate Razor fist everything with him Razor, There's and that's it's like little stuff along the way that it's not just that, but that's the big one that I felt like that where the third act for me a black panther. It feels like if T'Challa took out Killmonger and then he fought a gigantic panther. That's where some she's like some she was very close for for me for singing those levels. But yeah, I think even Trevor, he's a character I've like grown alike. Maybe Treor's a bit too much in that movie. But you know, I've one rand fantastic Trevor Morris.
Speaker 3: Somewhere in my house. I have a stuffed animal of Morris.
Speaker 4: Sol O Morris Trevor, Like, what Ben Kingsley? Why do you have Ben Kingsley stuck?
Speaker 5: Guy?
Speaker 4: I can't defend that. Your mom fan's gone too far. Look at my plush of Kingsley as Morris pass that passes on both sides.
Speaker 1: So we moved Guardians after Wakanda correct.
Speaker 4: I said it was a few guys with these.
Speaker 1: I'm good at the Guardians going next actual Conda.
Speaker 4: That's fine, okay, I'll be I can me in the middle where we go Guardians sung she thor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I even want to possibly put thunderbolts in that mix.
Speaker 4: Now, Oh, I forgot about the bolts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, that's the thing where I want I think after Guardians, I want to put Thunderbolts.
Speaker 3: God, Thunderbolts was really good, like Justice my one knock or My biggest knock. When the hell did Bucky get into freaking Congress, Like it's in between Brave New World and no he well, yeah, because he was running for the world. But yeah, like that storyline is out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: It is, that's not it's not a bad knock.
Speaker 4: It's in the in the world. Then I can believe that they just be like, oh, sure, this guy who assassinated maybe thousands of people, he's run for office now.
Speaker 3: And it is a good movie though, and it's different. The villain is different because the villain is basically mental health supposed to like they don't win with you know, overcoming the dragon or whatever.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's a hug.
Speaker 3: It's right, the power of you know love. I guess the Caramet stare wins in the.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what the the end credit song come on Starship Perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I am in with Chris. I forgot about the Bolts. I would put the Bolts over.
Speaker 3: Under get them up there Underbolts, And I know David was a big fan of it.
Speaker 4: And then what sung she and thor that sound good?
Speaker 1: Next list, just seeing if there's anything else that could land.
Speaker 4: There is one. I'm very I'm not gonna say it because I don't anything. I'm surprised that I say it yet. No, I don't want to say it. I don't want to come up yet.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, you keep your secrets then, but.
Speaker 3: I mean some of it. Remember like that there's at least one on this list. There's two on this list that me personally, I would have way higher. But that's what it's about. Compromise. It's about compromise.
Speaker 1: I say, I say, put it up there right now. I think we might end up revisiting.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, this is one that I'll throw it now where I This is another one I feel like came at last year. It's very kind of all over the place with people. I'm a massive and I do not like really they're fine. I'm not a big F four guy. I love that movie. I would have that under the bolts. But I understand because there's a lot of other people that don't a lot of people think it's kind of like an ok MCU movie. It feels like it's like a small division type of movie.
Speaker 3: But it sure did some great stuff in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's some nailed Yeah, Galactus itself is great, you know, c Baby aside thematically that stuff is great. There's not too many marriage storylines in the MC like that that bring an actual good weight to what's the problem. You know.
Speaker 1: So here's here's what. Here's two I'll put up next help Incredible Hulk, Doctor Strange, Multiverse and Madness. And the only reason I'll put Multiverse and Madness above Incredible Hulk is just and this is a big if and this is going on, what is getting ready to happen, is just the impact of what Multiverse Madness put out there and what it's leading to Doomsday and secret wars over Incredible Hulk.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 1: That's but again, that's something we don't know. So I'm putting something out there that we.
Speaker 3: Argument I do not accept.
Speaker 1: That's fun. You don't have to accept it. I just put it out there.
Speaker 3: It'd be nice if it worked out that way. But if we're honest, they're followed through this space the last couple of NI I accept that hasn't been as strong, which is a kind way to put it.
Speaker 4: And now I'm just trying to think, like if it's for like better movie incredible and I'm not even saying this is next, just like Incredible Hole versus Multiverse of Madness. I'm just trying to think, because.
Speaker 1: If it's not ignoring the installage debate of what they bring in the cameos, that's not that.
Speaker 4: I think he's in a different.
Speaker 3: Way to I forgot about. Yeah, like that, I was thinking of like the music, battle sequence and stuff. Well, it's inventive and it's different.
Speaker 7: And I'm a Sam Raimi fan, so yeah, I think in a favorite strange Yeah, I prefer multiverse mentas in the Favorite Realm, but I think with the arc that Norton goes on in the movie, Hulk is better.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm not saying one of these is next, but I think Hulk, I think is a better movie than U gave us the best version of Hulk still yet I will go by he's a discovery man.
Speaker 1: That does Hulk come before? Like does Help come after Thunderbolts above shunk Chi and the Ragnarok.
Speaker 3: That's tough because we still got there's I'm going to bring up to Captain America the first Avender. Yeah, if we if we're we're gonna start talking Hulk conceivably next then I'm like, yeah, I gotta say something at this point. And the same with Spider Ma and Homecoming Captain America. The First Avenger, I think is a fantastic telling of his his origin story The Red School. My only knock on the Red Skull is Hugo eaven wouldn't come back, which is maybe not a fair knock against that movie. And I love the way that Bucky was handled. And I like the twist of Bucky and Cap knowing each other before the war, and my twist isn't the right phrase. I like the difference from the comic scnon of Bucky and a cat and knowing it. Yeah he's not He's not a kid. He Bucky is not Robin in the in d MCU the way he.
Speaker 4: Is a metics. No one's gonna say it, but like, sometimes some things are for the best, and that that worked back then. But I feel like like what Brent's alluding to is much better as his patriot, you know, like what is the contemporary in that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then as far as Spider Man, Homecoming goes the Vulture a full Spider Man movie in Marvel Studios. Like, yes, I enjoyed the Iron Man cameos in it, but just seeing the way Spider Man would deal with how you would get around like in Queens and stuff like that when there wasn't as much to swing off of like we actually saw it. So I'm not saying they have to be next, but if we're gonna bring up like The Incredible Hulk, I got to bring up those two movies.
Speaker 4: So so far, the ones we brought up in just the stream of Consciousness is CAP One, Hulk, F four, Doctor Strange, Multiverse of Madness, and I think and Homecoming those are the five. And I kind of agree from this list, what's left for people? I guess that if you don't add a visual I have. We have Incredible Hulk, The War, Captain America for as Avenger, I'm in three, Age of altront Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Karen's Galaxy two, Homecoming, Captain Marvel, Multiverse Madness, and F four. I think the five that we just talked about Cap One, Hulk, F four, Doctor Versus Molon, Doctor Verse, Doctor Strange, multivers A, Madness in My mad and then Homecoming. I think those are the five stronger from this list. Is there any down that we haven't talked that you would include in this next batch for you guys.
Speaker 1: No, I think the ones that are left have are definitely lower and different rates for different reasons.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think, well, it's even hard you want to.
Speaker 3: Make your argument for Guardians wanting two.
Speaker 4: No, I feel like I'm more what about it? Like, look at that one, I understand.
Speaker 1: Here's the other thing. Even putting the original Thor on there, I think that's the strongest of what we haven't named yet.
Speaker 4: I mostly would agree. Other than me being a big Guardians defender, I love that first thor a lot. I wish we did stick that way a little bit. I guess they did with Dark Worll. That just wasn't the best executed. But yeah, I could put the ward next to the ball. Yeah. I think I might be with Brent because even though the favorites, I think cap One would like I don't know if he was pitching it next, I would be fine with cap One next. I know there's a lot of people that love that movie. It created a different era and five for the MCU in just like doing a period piece, which they didn't have to right they could just skip ahead and found in the block place.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: They also put had a perfect director in the I'm a huge fan of the Rocketeer. This was the perfect director for this of what you get so much rocket to your vibes from.
Speaker 3: It's like a doctor Strange. It's a good match of director and character and story.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah. I could to say Cap next, I'm good with that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just just seem to seeing my personal rings. I've just seen Okay, Cap next and everyone find Cat. Yeah, okay, Cap going there. I guess I was just seeing Cap under throw Ragnrock, and I was just questioning myself if I agreed with Cap being under throw rag Rock. We can always return that another time, but I'll put it there in America first.
Speaker 3: Avenger I would put.
Speaker 1: I would put Cap above Ragnarok.
Speaker 4: I I would now, I think when at first when they first came out, didn't Captain America has age better for me than Ragnarok. But I'm not like also like gonna fight tooth and nail if also we don't have Damier. But Brent, how do you feel about those two? Do you feel happy with that? Raki a thor over.
Speaker 3: Captain I'm okay with it. I personally would swap them.
Speaker 4: Let's swap them, okay, so we'll swap them, okay.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how David would feel about those two movies dated.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, David, he's seen this.
Speaker 4: No, I hate Oh God, what are you doing? What do they do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Hard, I've worked for this, the.
Speaker 4: Next four, F four, Hulk, multivers Madness, Homecoming, and the wor I guess we have that there. Hm hmm. He's a tricky I feel like they're all in the ballpark.
Speaker 1: I'm debating Homecoming in Hulk right now.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on the Hulk. I'm a Hulk. F four guy, that's where I am.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was more uh F four Spider Man.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's the next three.
Speaker 3: If we know that those aren't there?
Speaker 4: Four Homecoming, yeah, and then F four at next Okay, So I got Hulk, we got we.
Speaker 3: Can let Hulk go first. Just throw Edward Norton a bone. Well, I would put it at the bottom of ian. I did really enjoy that movie.
Speaker 2: I still have.
Speaker 1: They finally landed Fantastic four with what had been missing for so long. I mean, check out our retro reviews.
Speaker 4: God, you know, and that's that's some of that's very similar Captain America thing, where they have that vibe and aesthetic. They did it very well. You can argue that's what they're kind of riffing on.
Speaker 1: But but that's what they should have done. That was like the perfect way. Let's let's just put them back to with the air they were created in. That was a good move and it worked.
Speaker 4: Okay, So now the last we had was Doctor Strange, Multiverse Madness or Thor.
Speaker 1: Hm hmm.
Speaker 4: Again, I think I like Multiverse Madness war, but I think thor is it's better film. I think, even though people want to, I get it. We had to string on very bad stuff in the first phase. They delivered Loki, who is an amazing film. I'm not even telling Avengers. He is amazing in Thor. That arc that he has with Anthony Hopkins and his brother, that alone, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe the impact to your point of Loki, Yes, that that that that puts it above Doctors Strange and Multiverse Madness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, twenty oh we got I mean.
Speaker 1: For kind of taking the villain and making him one of the turning him basically where he's at right now is a hero.
Speaker 4: And it was believable too, the arc that gave him in Thor, the reason he would be turning right so okay.
Speaker 1: And the payoff for how he ends that movie, the payoff of that line. Yeah, to to Loki season two, come on, Okay.
Speaker 4: So now we're down to the final sixth year Iron Man three age of Aul Tromp, an Man, Doc Strange, Guardian, Guardians, Galaxy Volunteer, and Captain Marvel. Hmm, these are tough. These are all similar. I think they're similar, like have highlights, good stuff, good performances, but also not like none of these other than I guess yeah, for me, it's Guardian, but I know there's other people that have it lower. Taking that out of my bias there none of these are ones that I'm constantly I gotta watch this one. You know, I've watched all these movies multiple times, but none of them are the go tos, like you know, like a even f four Thunderbolts will be, or like a multi Verse a Madness, or like an Incredible Hole.
Speaker 1: I would almost say next is the original Doctor Strange out of this group.
Speaker 4: I think you're right. I don't know you're right, but I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine. Doctor Strange works.
Speaker 4: So Doctor Strange and NOx Strange two at twenty one twenty two, so they got they got that little area carved out in the MCU. Okay, so Strange is gone. Yeah, that's out of here. So now I feel like you have kind of two safe movies with an captain Marvel. You have two movies, iron Man three and Age of Ultron that are very debated upon because they know people that love iron Man three, right, and I know people that hate iron Yeah, And I think Gardens is like right in the middle where it's kind of looked at. It's like for most people, not me, but most people like, oh, it's like the lesser sql.
Speaker 1: What I what I always say I love about Iron Man three, and this is what it. I compare it a little bit to Thunderbolts. It's like, we get a movie that deals with, yes, Tony dealing with something that literally he died and he's trying to deal with everything. That's the biggest thing I enjoy about that movie is delving into how does a hero deal with what just happened.
Speaker 4: It's not demon the battle, but it's more down the bottle than an iron you know, like it's hitting more in those themes.
Speaker 1: With the character development is what I love about that movie.
Speaker 3: And while I do between what we have left, Age of Ultron is my favorite out of them. But I understand why it's polarized and I understand why people have their knocks against it. Iron Man three does have Trevor, and I do think Trevor is hilarious.
Speaker 1: I will never see him coming, but.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm a guy that I like all kidding aside, like I was like the Mandarin at the time, like the Mandarin from the comics, who was the Iron Man like villain was never gonna work. No, it was never bad. It hasn't been to the seven of you out there. He's not anybody's favorite character, no, And so I thought it was a fantastic twist on the Mandarin. I loved it.
Speaker 4: I can. I can understand other things where Peoter, like why is Tony Hanel with a kid for twenty five? I can go, Okay, yeah, this is my favorite thing either right or it kind of goes nowhere. I get other people hate that he's barely in the suit. Not a thing for me, but I'm I'm fine. Iron in three here for that arc at twenty three. I am in three at twenty three. Yeah, okay, I'm luck three. We're down to our final four.
Speaker 1: Of not the best, definitely not the worst, but not the best.
Speaker 3: Mile four spots not.
Speaker 4: Yes, sorry, yeah, duking it out. My pitch is Guardians, Ultron, and Man Cat Marvel. That's where I am Guardians. I think still I'll take Ego and Kurt Russell over Ultron as far as the villain arcs there, I'm with Brent that I think Ultron is a little over hated, But I also don't think it's like deserves like a like a gold star or anything. Right, it does feel like, okay, that's very much like what people say about Gardians, the lesser of the two, right, Ultron and I'd say almost most rankings, if you pulled most Marvel fans of the Marvel Avengers movies, that's always at the bottom, right, it is, it's like a collection of the three, but then the fourth. So I just say with Guardians, there's some other stuff there. The yawned like, I don't think Altron is anything as good as the Yond funeral on the sendoff for that character of so I wasn't your daddy, but I was your father, whatever he said, and then the music like fathers and Son playing at the end and when crying the fireworks good more hill my mom. Oh yeah. And again that's why I hate everybody when they hate on star Lord. They set that up. He did the same thing in Guardians Too. What's the first thing he did. He shot his dad in the head twice. They just didn't kill him. They set up that character to freak out. That's what he does. So that was perfectly in line. People.
Speaker 3: That's a really good point. But everyone misses that stupid glove was coming off a Thano's head and then he snapped out of it. Yeah, I'm not even convinced it was star Lord who snapped him out of it. That glove was coming off his hands. Peter was pulling the glove.
Speaker 1: Of I blame the scrolls, Parker. Look, you know the scrolls.
Speaker 4: That wasn't Fantos, That was scroll Fantos.
Speaker 1: But I exactly love that.
Speaker 3: Point that they set it up in Guardians Too though, of his reat when he when his loved one is killed. Yeah, and I love that. That's a great point that I honestly never considered.
Speaker 4: He's he's a hothead. He's he's kind of airheading in that way he is.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone doubts he's not an a.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's, but he's literally the heart on his sleeve type of character.
Speaker 3: He's from Missouri, is.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: That's my pitch for Guardians over age of Ultron that I think movie quality similar, but I think they just have bigger moments in Guardians that kind of pay for We're Agent Ultron. I don't think anyone's talking about any thing like the yondw fun roll or ego, like even the planet right, you know.
Speaker 1: So it'll be interesting to see what we get with Vision Quest.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's gonna be I I could see that show having a very similar route to and Or, where it's not watched in like a GA show, but it could be very deep and heady and a lot of the like mar the same way with Star Wars fans. There's a lot of Harker Star Wars fans that love and Or, but it's not like mass watch. I think Vision Quest could be that.
Speaker 3: Which is a shame because and Or is the best Star Wars thing ever.
Speaker 4: I said it on TV show. They are open, So now we got ant Man and Captain Marvel. I give the badge.
Speaker 3: If you put Captain Marvel at twenty seven, it's right there with the Marvels.
Speaker 4: That's perfect. Kind of give us the scrawls that we've kind of been ragging on a little bit of this episode, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they were a lot better than that movie.
Speaker 4: But they were fun. Fight with the Grandma, you know, by far.
Speaker 3: And away my favorite of the three Amen movies. The Thomas the Train Engine gets me every time. Yeah, I would put Man.
Speaker 1: Above the villain of the Yellow Jacket. He's not bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's one note, but sometimes that's supposed to be. Like sometimes it is okay to have the one note villain.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we got there, So okay, we've done it. We've ranked all thirty seven, all right reads, Okay, the very bottom and Man the Lost Quantumedia, thank god, the movie that broke the MC. Let's just ant Okay, they've been trying to recover since that movie.
Speaker 1: We're been ganging King and the worst.
Speaker 3: Movie we could have.
Speaker 4: Yesterday literally said we're gonna win your trust back with Seward. I'm not paraphrasing, he fens or so he said that that we lost the trust with Quantumedia in multiple ways, right, and then Quantumedia thirty seven thor Dark World thirty six, thor eleven, Thunder at thirty five, Uh, Brave New Day at thirty four, I'm a new World, Bring New World, Gosh, bring new Thank you, Rent, Rickey World, Iron Man two at thirty three, The Eternals at thirty two, thirty one, Black Widow thirty, Spider Man, Far from Home twenty nine, ant Man in the Loss twenty eight, The Marbles twenty seven, Captain Mark. We should flip that, right, Marvels should be above Captain Marvel in my opinion. Are you guys still fine with that?
Speaker 1: This girls bother me.
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's fair? Yeah they are all Yeah, I get you, okay. Twenty eight is still staying. The Marbles twenty seven, Captain Marvel, twenty six, ant Man twenty five, Age of Ultron twenty four, Gardens, Galaxy Find two, twenty three, Ironman three, Doctor Strange At twenty two, twenty one, Multiverse of Mannas twenty four, nineteen, Fantastic four, First Steps eighteen, Spirement Homecoming seventeen, The Incredible Hulk sixteenth thor Ragnrock fifteen, Captain America, first, Avenger fourteen, sung She thirteen, Thunderbolts, Asterix twelve, Gardens, Galaxy three eleven, will On Forever at number ten, We're going to talk to now dead Pool, Wolverene, nine, Iron Man, The Granddaddy, eight, The Avengers, Sorry, Marvel's The Avengers seven, Guardians of the Galaxy six, Civil War five, No Way Home four, Black Panther three, Winter Soldier two Endgame, and number one Infinity War. That is the Marvel Alliance host Ultimate Ranking of the MCU as it currently stands. June third, twenty twenty six. We got Brandy Day coming, we got Doomsday and nothing else next year, right, it's.
Speaker 1: Just cigar Wars, just secret Wars. And I'll say it right now, I think that is something that will keep I can see them not doing another movie and keeping it to secret Wars because we haven't heard anything filmed like legitimately, like there is nothing being filmed right now that that would.
Speaker 3: They would have had to film something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would have had which also age Yeah, yeah, And I.
Speaker 4: Think that's smart. They did that. Po Wolverene worked out. Let people just ride off of hopefully a great.
Speaker 1: Doomsda but they'll build off with the shows that are coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, it'll be interesting to see. But you know what, I got a sneaking suspicion, not that I don't think it's a hot take. I think Brand New Day, if we were to rank these in the future, that will be higher than the other two. I I just got a good feeling about Brand New Day.
Speaker 1: And remember, Daredevil's in it, right, guys, he is.
Speaker 4: He's the guy, He's the one on the hood, the person like this.
Speaker 3: So there's a non zero chance, but he's zero chance.
Speaker 1: But all right, we'll take our final ad break for the evening, so listeners, he's as hopep the lights on the giggle to Midliance Network. We don't get choose when ads come on, and they could be a bit loud. Give you that three camp before they come on three two one. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: They put Daredevil in that they're going to be trying to take my my favorite movie spot. I'm the guy that won a Daredevil more than Toby and Andrews.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I hope it happens one day.
Speaker 1: All right, As we said, no news because this was recorded a week in advance and right now it's We're okay with that.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: One question that detour put out there, what is your favorite MCU character?
Speaker 4: And she said Marvel. Sorry, I might screw that up.
Speaker 1: Just said Marble mar character. Oh okay, gotcha.
Speaker 3: That actually makes it easier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that might have been my bad. Yeah. So yeah, I wish you fitting for the I think we talked about if we're fitting for the three hundreds to remind people. So I'm I'm always a Ryan Die Wolverine guy. I'm very excited for the game.
Speaker 1: I love Oh god, I can't. We went over that last week with mister Hinde, so yes, check us check it out. Check it our breakdown of that that trailer, because that was amazing exactly.
Speaker 4: So you know, I love that character so much. I got a child named after that character. So yeah, I don't know what it was. I think for me, it's not just okay, unique costume, even though I hate yellow, so that's not but unique costume, cool power. As far as the healing the class, I just think he is the ultimate asshole with a heart. He is that guy that he doesn't show that he cares, but he the most, you know, and he is somebody that when the chips are down, He's gonna be the last guy staying there. Is that because his bone like he can just melt his bones. Yes, but it's also just even if he didn't have that healing factor, James Hollett would still.
Speaker 3: Be showing up to do he'd last time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might kick Cyclops in the dick before he does it, but he's still gonna be there like.
Speaker 1: He is, and he deserves it too every single time.
Speaker 4: Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't, but he is. It's just that where and of course it is. He's also badass. He looks extremely cool, he looks unique, he always has great one liners, he's very fun, the lower of the classic, Hey what happened to me? And there's all these things with Weapon X in Japan. So he's such an interesting character. Who Yeah, and he's a character that anytime you match, anytime you match you with somebody, it's always gonna be a different dynamic. I remember one my favorite dynamics all the time is him and Spider Man, and I love that back and forth with those two. So yeah, Wolverine is always There's there's definitely I think a lot of people fighting for that second and third slot. I think probably you know, dared l will be number two in there. But yeah, I it's just some about him. That ninety seventh series when as young reading a lot of Chris Claremont when I was younger got me as well. And then from there it's just I've grown and grown grown, and then we've gotten an amazing adaptation with Hugh Jackman, who I think is the greatest combo casting of all time because I think, unlike a lot of other people like Downy, Hugh Jackman is not Wolverine in real life like Downey is very much like there's a lot of downeyisms in Iron Man, same thing as Deadpool and wolver or Ryan Reynolds, right, Hugh Jackman does not act like anything like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah he and I saw one of his concerts or performances or whatever, and it was awesome.
Speaker 4: It was all last nice, jealous, But yeah, I think there's so much to like about that character. And yeah, at the end of day, he's just cool. So there you go. Wolverine is my answer.
Speaker 3: I mean, to me, Spider Man is the greatest fictional character of all time and so and I don't mean Marvel character, I mean the greatest fictional character of all time period. So obviously he is my favorite Marvel character. Daredevil would be my second, and after that, I don't know, I'd have to really think about number three, but I Spider Man is like, it gives you so much of that like kid wish fulfillment, you know, like kids growing up. You can't see yourself as Batman, but you could see yourself with Robin because he's the kid, right, he's the teen. With Spider Man, you get that you get to be the main hero, but you still also get to be the teen as kids. Thinking that way, His origin is his origin is one of the best origins out there, right, Like it's also absolutely one in the popular conscience. Everybody knows it. But he gets the spider bite. He's he does have loving parental units. Let's say he's not growing up. He's technically an orphan, but he's not growing up like in the foster care system or something like that. So he has May, he has Uncle Ben, and then he makes this horrible mistake that is with him for the rest of his life. Like the tragedy that he has like sticks with him in a way it doesn't with other characters. And between between the death of Ben and the death of Gwynn is something that like I don't get tired of reading those stories of how it's affected. What's weird, though, is I think Spider Man is again absolutely my favorite character. Not the best runs so like not the best comics, the runs and stuff. There's some that I try love, but.
Speaker 8: Lately it's been like they've been fine, but they've been they've been like they they've been unmemorable, which is probably the worst thing you could possibly be in a story because they're not good enough to trash and they're not good enough to wax poetic about. They've just been unmemorable and where well, because if you trash you remember them right, Like Secret Invasion the show, we can go back and talk about that in all the ways it was stupid, like the main protagonist and the main antagonist not even being on screen got in the final freaking episode. But the last couple of Spider Man runs have just been so for the most part forgettable. There's been certain things in and of like I like the Gang War story, but other stuff is weird, Like there's this stuff now is there's a weird story going on with Norman Osborne filling in a spider Man, and it's been a choice, and I don't know if I like it.
Speaker 3: I don't That's not true. I don't like it. I don't know if I dislike it. It's just been a choice. It's clearly, at least on the Marvel Limited side, it's getting to the end. I'm fine with that. But then you have someone like Daredevil, and it's like banger after banger after banger of runs does all these great riders back to back to back. So for me, it's those two, and I'm really glad this was Marvel and not MCU because I'd be a harder choice for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you both have said, you know, spider Man's on my top three, wolverinees on my top three, But as my Moniker goes, it is Daredevil and I like complicated heroes. I'm not saying the other two like Logan's complicated to spider Man's complicated. They've all had their ups and downs at that point. But when you bring a I mean a boy like myself raised in Catholicism at that point in dealing with someone who Matt Murdoch is nowhere will be the epitome is I want to be like Matt Murdoch. No, no one really wants to be like Matt Murdoch at all.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't want to be exactly.
Speaker 1: There's very questionable things, but the idea of Catholic boy, blind lawyer, like all the all the things. But to the point of where we get to Frank Miller then and Nacente, then we get to the the Kevin Smith, the reigniting of Kevin Smith bringing that run to Bend to to brew. Baker followed up with Mark Wade. You may call it controversial, it still brings in some stuff once you get into that deep of that and.
Speaker 3: Dig was in there, he has some good stuff. Yeah, lower point.
Speaker 1: Charles Soul leading into the Darsky leading into is Za Darsky. We did have a blip in my opinion of after Zadarsky. But now Stephanie Phillips coming in with just three issues going on that I am so excited to meet her in person at time of recording next this week, just to just to shake her hand. If you don't follow Stephanie Phillips on TikTok or anything like that, she is. She is a very good follow And but yeah, Matt Murdoch and everything that he has encountered and gone through and risen fallen, come back from the dead, things like it is. There's something about it that I always go back to, even to your point, even to your point, as you said, Brent, with Spider Man, there there are low points of Daredevil, but even still, like I think I can put the argument that Daredevil has one of the best and most consistent runs going on, starting with Frank Miller onwards, that there are a lot less there. They're a lot less low points in Dared Devil's More.
Speaker 3: And they're shorter, they're shorter when they do happen, they're shorter. Yeah, you don't have a fifty to sixty issue run that most people consider a low point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and some people consider I get it, Mark Wade a low point, but I said, you're missing the point of what Mark Wade was going for with that, with that run of what he was coming out of shadow Lands. But all in all, Daredevil my favorite.
Speaker 4: So nice, three great characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all right, Well, no, no compa club we're taking or until you know, we get back to a normal thing. We got one more issue of Age of Ultron ten point a. As we as we go through the history of based on genres of compa clubs. So we'll conclude that one and we'll see what our next one is. But uh, factor fictions, factor fictions, I know, David, David, We're gonna have to put out there at that point he didn't put in the chat. But we'll do our factor fictions.
Speaker 4: So we don't have the new one. We don't know from last week the results because the.
Speaker 1: Results will be I wasn't mister Hines. Mister Heines' results will be brought up in the week, so catch them up too.
Speaker 4: So all right, I was saying this because I was trying to think of one that was current, but also one that's kind of evergreen to a point for I'd say for like the next five to six years, because that's what three hundreds. I want to stretch a little further beyond that. So I'm not gonna go one. It is one factor of fiction. I'm not gonna go one. Character can go too. I'm gonna say that. Will Gwen Stacy and Norman Osbourne be supporting characters in any of the Tom holl Inspire, Man, let's just assume it's a trilogy. Will they be supporting characters? Doesn't have to be the same movie, But will those two characters ever be supporting? I'm not meaning like, oh, hey, it's Gwen Stacy and that's kind of it. I mean my genuine, actual important characters in Norman Osborne or sorry, Harry Osborne and Gwen. I'll take the Norm back. Sorry my bad.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna clarify on the Norman if.
Speaker 4: You Yeah, yeah, because we're in the college years, let's people speculated. But at the same time, that doesn't mean they have to go there, right, and we're already down movie one. I don't think they're gonna be I haven't seen Brand New Day, but I would pizza at someone that I don't think they will be in this movie other than I'll get a nod and like, oh your roommates Harry, like he gets something like that, right. I hope it's true. They've been talking so much about getting back to the classic roots of Spider Man. Those are two characters I associate with those classic roots, especially with Gwen. But I think the Emgins and Day at all makes it kind of hard.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think there's more there's more of a chance for Harry than Gwen right now, So I say, I say, if we even though I love No Way Home, that's not the MCU's Osborne, you know that's that's I didn't know what are they making out to be? I say, there's more of a chance for Harry than Gwen. I don't think it's impossible for Gwen, but it's gonna have to be. Are we basically saying goodbye to m Jane Peter in this Like I think this movie, I want to see exactly where we end up with m Jane Peter because if they get back together, I think there's I think there's even less of a chance for Gwen.
Speaker 4: Which it's hard to imagine of, like she's gonna get her memory back and be like, no, I don't want to be with you exactly. Yeah, like we kind of feel like where this is going? Right?
Speaker 3: So can I clarify with Gwen? Do you mean love inter Squinn?
Speaker 4: Nope, Gwen, say say it all just in general? You know Ultimate series, he was his adopted Okay, yeah, okay, got it on.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna say fact, but yeah, I think it could be more Spider Gwen. Okay, so I love inter Squinn. I think is out the door she throw her off the bridge. She's not happening, Oh Jesus.
Speaker 1: And not one webbing to only not two webbing one webbing that, but you make sure it's gone down.
Speaker 3: I don't know that going. I love the Ultimate Spider Man Run. That's my favorite Spider Man book. But I don't know that going the Sister becomes carnage thing sort of is the route to.
Speaker 4: Go that they did with that in remember I can hear us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that you brought that clarification, can't make it here anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you brought that clarification. Yes, I think there's more of a chance for Gwenn if it's just friendship, putting them in part of the group and hare to not have an mc u osbourne in there without some significant role. I think that's that's a miss.
Speaker 3: I mean, Gwyn in the comics now has more of a connection to Myles and then she does to Peter at this point, David, I don't like, but you know, like I'm okay with it because I feel like they've done a good job of letting Spider would be a different character than the Gwenn that Peter lost.
Speaker 4: That's true, Yes, that I think it's And she's.
Speaker 3: Younger and Peter's an adult and it would just be weird if he was obsessing over her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And when I say I don't like it, it's legitimly just because I grew up with like Peter and Gwen. Right, so it's a weird thing for me now to up with kids and Gwen and Miles is like especially well, yeah, it's super weird. Like Gwen Stacy I loved. I'm a Gwen Stacy guy over Amjay guy. That's hence why I got a daughter named Gwen. And it's so weird to see oh Man, like that's like a thing of the past. Now I'm still fiction because I'm with Chris that I think Harry could happen. I even think Harry could be the MCU goblin. I think they could change it up's Norman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's precedent for in the comics in a sense when he does take over with this James da Matteis, And I think it.
Speaker 4: Would be an interesting dynamic where if I've pitched this before, where Peter, if you meet this Norman Osbourne and the whole time, if there's a goblin going around, Peter thinks, oh it's Gobby and Norman and it's not him and it's his son. There's tons of things you could play. Same thing. I want Gwen Stacy really bad because I love the character, but also because I just think that'd be so fun. I think with MJ being back at knows that. But the idea of he met a spider man that said the love of his life was Gwen Stacey and she died, and how what would happen to Peter Parker if he met someone named Gwen Stacy like so much that bag is right away would be do you even interact with that person?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 4: That's why he's kind of hoping Sadie Sink was Gwen Stacy. I don't think that's happening, but I'm gonna say fiction because I think when would also come maybe with Miles. So I think that's the other thing is I do think Holland will be done after this trilogy. And he's already saying he's already laying those seeds of like I really want to do it down. He did, and Evan's been like handed off to the next person, and I think he's getting us ready for the Swan Song. And that's where I think Gwen could come with Miles, and it is more associated nowadays with everything going on.
Speaker 1: Well to even the point of like Colin being done. I mean, you know you he's jumping on Nolan's band, jumping on at this point, he's he's now going he's gonna finish out. He will finish out this trilogy of Spider Man. But he's been very clear he is not a Hollywood person. He shies away from it at that point, and he's been also very clear once they start having kids, he's kind of done. He wants to be mad. He's done, he's decking out. He'll let you know. Zendaia will be the and he's completely fine with that, Like he's never he's been the He's been a different kind of actor for Hollywood.
Speaker 4: And then you'll see him in twenty years when he does what Toata McGuire Andrew did.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he can die and then he can come back.
Speaker 1: To do that sort of thing, do a Spider Man life story thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly so, but I do think next decade you'll be watching Tom Olins Spider Man eat it big time. You know that's inevitable.
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, Brent, what you got so.
Speaker 3: Defenders focused, not counting Jessica Jones, because I think that is I think there is going to be some project with her. We are going to get a special presentation of other Defender's characters. So it could just be Luke, it could just be Iron Fist, it could be them two of them together. Would still love to see a Daughters of the Dragon thing from Misty and Colleen. Maybe it would be Heroes for Hire and Jessica would be involved in it, but she won't be like the title character. Yeah, maybe it's the Defenders, maybe it's all of them.
Speaker 1: Again, I think that all really hinges on how this next season gets received, especially if they're going to be quote unquote the Heroes of the citywell Matts in Jail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll lean to fact because obviously, like that's all subjective, of course, but I think majority of people would agree that season two was superior to see One or Born Again, and that's the same team going four three. So I hope they continue that and make people enjoy that. I could see a Heroes for Higher special presentation that's almost used as the old back in the day when they still do it sometimes but used to just film a pilot first and take it and then it would get green light, and I almost feel like that's what the presentation could be of, like, hey, this is what it could be, and let's see if you'll like it, watch it, and we gotta I've said some geek fersts, it's funny the way we've gone around. They start with these characters because they're cheaper and easier to make, and now we've gone all the way back around where it's like, let's do the street level characters again. I have no problem to doing that because I don't think they'll get movies, so I would like that the best episode or when the best showing for Finn Jones's Iron Fist is not his own show, it's that one episode. And yeah, right, so I think they had good chemistry and good dynamic, so I'll go fact. I think they'll try it out because I also don't think it would be super expensive and it's okay, we did with Punisher. Let's give them forty five to fifty minutes, see what happens and kind of go from there.
Speaker 1: So I'm a fact. Yeah, I'm definitely a fact. I think it's it's more more. I think the best move for them is doing a Heroes for Hire with Luken and Danny. I'm with you. I think we all want to see Colleen Wing. I mean, we already heard she's held out when she got offered a part to Bear, Yeah, she said, nope, I want she wants to hold out cause I love that devotion to a character.
Speaker 3: Isn't that when she chose to be in the Matrix movie instead, like she chose Matrix over Chunk Chi or something like that, because yeah, specifically because she didn't want to which we all know, like it doesn't lock you out, but she wanted to leave it as open as possible to return.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that she's had obviously had those conversations with Charlie Cox and things like that to lead her to that thing house. Yeah. So yeah, In fact, so all right, mine is tied to the animation side, tied to X Men ninety seven, So we already know we're getting. We already know season three is a green that we know we're getting a season four. They're going to try to go every year. We'll see how long that lasts, but we know we at least have three season three and four hour ago at some point, whether it be season three four or a possibility of five. We are going to get the Age of Cracoa, oh man, because because of look at how we're heading to what we just got out of with season one, where they're heading to the the end. What we got was this started me thinking as I was rewatching at that point, Janosh was supposed to be the haven that got destroyed. Everything's got them on the edge at that Poe. I really am leaning towards because they've also did a comic version. I'm not saying it was well, but they did a comic kind of version of the Age of Curracoa in the you know, animated series version, and so I would think about that. I say, they could fit this in at some point, especially with how they've dabbled Magnetic going in and out of being villainous at that point, Charles trying to go in and out of of that, I could see at some point them doing and don't I'm not even you know again, it's not gonna be one of those oh two issues to two episodes of the Inferno saga and we're done with Madeline Pryor. I think that this will be a longer, this will be a season. I think they're going to take the age of Curcoa as a season long thing from beginning, middle, and end.
Speaker 4: Well to go full circle because it's three hundred in the feed somewhere. Check on speaker. Me and Chris did do a World's Finest True Believer on this run? Or do wait, do we do that?
Speaker 3: No, we did it.
Speaker 1: We did a combook club. Okay, that's what was the World's Finest True Believers was with my friend BJ Kicks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because again back to what I talked about with geekers and other people. At that point, didn't have too many people that read combooks, so I was always telling, oh, this Crocola stuff, And when me and Chris first started talking, that's was one of the early bonding of like, oh the Crocrola stuff.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: I think I'm a fact now because I think when this podcast started, I heavily pitch them reworking that as the introduction to the X Men, to the MCU. I don't think at all that's what they're gonna do now. I think they're gonna go way more basic because I do think. I don't think it's gonna be a reboop. I think there'll be a mini reset secret Wars where you can jump on more than Phase four, which was a lot of new stuff but a lot of just still connecting threads that didn't really go to many places. I think Phase uh seven will act a lot like Phase one, but with X Men and other people. So I think that's why they're safe, because the only reason I could say that is because I know it's a little bit even like Deadpool. They try to use them in season one and Marvel did say, no, you can't use them because we got we're doing stuff with them right now, X Y and Z don't touch it right And that was before they were working on Deadpool Wolverine. So that's why Wolverine was and you couldn't do niney seent without Wolverine. But I'm saying like he wasn't in the plants and they still do that like CWT all those times. I think if they actively were, hey, we're doing Croca for X Men, well that's how're gonna introduce them, I'd say no. But I don't think that's in the cards anymore. I think hopefully downline. So I'm gonna say fact, and that might be the better place to do it for now because that takes a lot of build up, and we just got to introduce them and get the casting and get that right. So I'm gonna say fact, and I really hope this is a true fact.
Speaker 3: So I don't see them doing And I realized this is what you were saying, but a live action movie of it like that too way too much build up. A TV season is the place to do it, and I don't see them doing a X Men TV show live action.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to that scale, the X.
Speaker 3: Men ninety seven x Men the animated series, like they do like adapting or being inspired by comic storylines, famous comic storylines, I absolutely could see them see them doing something like this, like get to the end of season three and it basically picks up with Kurkova, and maybe maybe there's an episode prior to the full arc of the Island of Kirkco to like kind of give you a little bit of the history because that was a famous island that brought in like the New X Men when claremont I started. Yeah, yep, yeah, I could totally see them doing this in the animated animation. So I'm going fact on it for sure.
Speaker 1: It just seems like it'd be better than them doing that than Onslought, even though I propose had a a couple of weeks ago as a factor of fiction that Onslaught will be a villain at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe, and then we could get rebirth and you know, live Field Captain America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go, all right, Well, David will have to put out there at that point, so they have to check the Twitter at that point for for his so but but yeah, so that is volume three hundred, gentlemen. You know, we it's like we said, it's it's been an amazing road. You know, they say podcasts, you know, live or die, if you can get past ten, you're you're better than the average. Well we've done three hundred, and we've done even kind of side ones at that point, combo episodes of SDCC and different different episodes. But from Travis to Brent to David, it has been an amazing journey with each and every one of you. You know, I know we get to come back on every once in a while, you know, but this the the friendships we all have had because of this show is what matters to me and what I you know, even though I say goodbye, the world's fine, It's true believers. This is the one I've I've wanted to hold on to just because of it's just fun to hang out with my friends every week.
Speaker 4: So yeah, no, doing this makes me this doing this and this was a great episode. Hopefully won't be episode four hundred when we all get back together. Even if it's Tryna baby once a year, we should try to like get get up.
Speaker 1: I have an idea to propose out there offcast, because I don't want to promise anything to get people's hopes up.
Speaker 4: So okay, there you go. So but no, this is great. David. Sorry your hotel sucks, but it's great to have you on for the first hour.
Speaker 1: It was hopefully you like our list.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny the ranking because I've never do I don't do too many like together rankings. Right. The only time we do that really geek Ers, when we do our Gold and Geek Awards stuff. We went to debate actual rankings. I haven't so that was fun. And yeah, I'm excited to see where goes. And yeah, hopefully if as of right now they're saying they're doing a Marvel panel, if it is big, we will do our We haven't got to do one in a long time. I think that's the last time me and Brent actually podcasts together when they did the Doom reveal. Right, I think that's the last SDCC.
Speaker 1: I know I should know this, but I don't remember it.
Speaker 4: July fifth or sorry, twenty fifth. I think, Okay, yeah, that's your Baturday. Yeah again, we're we'll see what happens. There's rumors trailers, but yeah, I think that's the last time we were on a stream to get Brent was when they did the whole Doomsday reveal and the Russes came back because we were watching that, and uh, yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be a very interesting time. I think the next time we're all together whenever that is. But it's an interesting year with Spiermen up and Doomsday and I can't wait and I can't wait to listen weekly too. You and Brett? Are you and David cover it all?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm glad it worked out for me to be able to come back and join tonight. Is a fun topic to go through, and I was like, you know, we I was like, this is going to take five hours. When we debated Infinity Warning game for so long, but we got through it. We got through it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that did take it.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, it's like those should have been the easy ones. Those are supposed to be locks and and but no, no, it was fun. It was good and looking at this list and I'm just like, it's a fun list. It falls under the category of it's not my list, but it's a fun list and I respect it. So I'm glad I was able to join in and it was fun to get on there with David for a while before again, his hotel WiFi sucked, so everybody tweeted David that he needs better hotel WiFi next time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his ends are open, so's send whatever you want there.
Speaker 3: So absolutely, Yeah, like emoji's a Wi Fi or gifts a Wi Fi or something. Yeah, don't even tell them why you're doing it.
Speaker 5: Just do it. Just do it.
Speaker 1: So but all right, gentl and tell people how they can follow you.
Speaker 4: Trast me Snaile. I'm always talking over at geek First, doing lots of stuff. The only thing I'll promote big time there is always say Gimbida will be celebrating eleven years geek First. That's always a fun day. We're gonna be doing lightsaber duels for the first ever geek first. I'm very excited for that because we all were in a room where like, how we never done this. We're a bunch of idiots that love Star Wars. How we never even had we do fake restidae have We're not doing that. So it's always a fun day where we go for about ten hours and just celebrate the yearly anniversary. And I'm not to described always talking over there and reviewing stuff.
Speaker 3: So when I heard you say the light saber jewels, I'm like, Oh, somebody's getting hurt. Someone's gonna know.
Speaker 4: What's gonna happen, and I just don't know who's gonna be.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna gonna be Taylor.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, it's gonna be Dylan because he leaks. He likes Star Wars the least, so he's just gonna be bitter if he gets damn.
Speaker 3: So Taylor is gonna try to be like fancy with it or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna go horribly wrong.
Speaker 3: You're just gonna smack them.
Speaker 4: I have a strategy. I'm not gonna reveal it on their but I have a strategy going in. So I think it's gonna work for the first two matchups, so.
Speaker 3: I'm Brint tech Prime. I honestly don't know if my dms are open, so I guess if you want to send one, you can find out. But I know, I know I get d ms from Jim Scroggs on Blue Sky, But other than that, I'm print tech Prime everywhere, so you know that's where I can be found.
Speaker 1: And you can follow David at the Phantom. You can follow me on Twitter and all the socials at Chris Balga. You can follow the podcast on Twitter at Marvel a podcast, the Gigles of Alliance Network g way Pod new work. As always, thank our sponsor, panel Boundcomics dot com. Use it code Marvel g gua A checkout to get two dollars off every single or GUA sit to get five percent off when you order four or more books together. You can email the show at Marvel Allonce podcast at gmail dot com. Feel free to tweet email if we won, if ide feedback. David and my dms are definitely open at that point, so at least I can say that and continue to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon is wherever you get to your cat podcast. We greatly appreciate. Thank you all for those of you who have been with us since the beginning middle or you're just discovering us at episode three hundred, our patrons, everyone, thank you for making Marvel Alliance a weekly listen to you to my best friend Truck out there, I hope you enjoy the crunchy facts out there that we put out there for you tonight. And stay safe out there everyone, and at stand the man would say, excelsior, true believers. Again, it wouldn't be a Marvel Alliance without a post credits of USh Net was created by David, who unfortunately is still not here. He says, well, the epic failure that was Doomsday at south By south West surprise, where is the next logical place for the real doomsday reveals? So for those that don't know know anything what we're talking about, well, the Russo's put out there a big surprise coming at south By Southwest Doomsday related and it ended up being a pop up coffee shop doom Doom related with them showing up.
Speaker 4: Technically, the surprise was that Robert Downey showed up to the screening. That they did say that, but honestly that's not what got the press coverage was the coffee shop. I think it's definitely Comic Con and it's a double where the crowd gets it first and then we do get online because the week after Spider Man. So I think that makes sense. I think that you get that trailer out, you give it the week before Spider Member that's also playing in front of Spider Man. I don't think there's a world that they would have Spiderman go out and there's no Avengers trailer out.
Speaker 3: There is absolute that is the absolute last place it will go. It will go as and by that I mean on the calendar, it will go as early as right before Supergirl or right before the Odyssey.
Speaker 4: It's not on Spider Many.
Speaker 3: I could see them doing it before Supergirl because there's obviously the Venn diagram of overlapping that audience. There's a circle, and it would I could also see it going before the Odyssey, like them holding it back and do that because that's going to be a really big movie as well, And so like those are those are your time? So like those movies come out on a Friday, you know, the Thursday previews, the Monday, maybe the Tuesday before those is when I would expect it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could easily see them pulling a a after No Way Home and the trailer for Doomsday is that the is the post credits for friend?
Speaker 4: Really that's interesting.
Speaker 1: You could do that, Actually, I could see them doing that.
Speaker 3: I don't know they did that with Multiverse and Madness. I don't don't see Marvel doing that with the Avengers though. They want those YouTube views.
Speaker 1: No, I mean they want the YouTube boots. But I can also see you know, not to agree with both of you both bring up very good points. Just to be throwing another thing out there. I'm not saying that they would.
Speaker 4: They could get the views on the Monday, though. They could literally just have the postcrit which is exclusive for four days. You did make a good point brand about Odyssey, because that is a big one. I don't think they worry about Supergirl. I don't. I think that's gonna be seen by its pocket of people that are already seeing Spider Man like our Avengers like. You don't need to convince them. I think there is a ven Diagram Odyssey, but there's still some people that will go, oh, there's a new Avengers movie out where. I don't think anyone seeing Supergirl will go, oh, there's a new Avengers. Yeah, well, honesty, that's gonna have a lot of people that are just going to see Dale or for Nolan, right, So yeah, honesty does make it tricky, But I do like Chris idea. I could see that right up as the end credit because also their end credits lately they've been choosing to be seen from other movies or not at all, like Daredel wouldn't have one No Punisher. They've been very lack on the Chris, which is fine because they put a lot out there that didn't have much.
Speaker 3: But when they did that with No Way Home, No Way Home came out in December. Yeah, so there wasn't there was time. There wasn't that much. Like I don't know, with Comic Con being right before it, I still think that is the last as in last place on the calendar. I would be absolutely stunned and almost call it a failure by Marvel's point if they do not put it out for Comic Con. Yeah, I think I think comes zero chance that people in Hall h will they'll see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Comic Con is the I think the easy that's where the next one is gonna be that's most logical place to the biggest stage they return there. That's that's what you do. I mean, that's how you announce Downy coming back as doctor Doom. That's that would be another full circle moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my prediction. Honesty does make it tricky, But I will officially just say comic Con. I'll say, they'll do it online, or they'll do it and then we'll get online right away. They did that a couple times back in the day where they still release them publicly. I think they would, and then Spider Man would get that trail of the next week.
Speaker 3: But I'll officially say before Odyssey. But I am not willing to pizza about it.
Speaker 4: I will pizza about it. We wake up tomorrow, I'm yeah, I just drop it. Yeah, got mad about the people, got mad about the coffee.
Speaker 1: Let him happen. Yeah, But all right, well, we will see you next week and David should be back at that point. But uh for episode three oh one, as we march towards At this point, we are marching towards next Man ninety seven July first, So all right, stay safe out there, We'll see you soon. Bye bye.
Speaker 4: I'm supposed to it,