Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Of course, Putin is freely elected, and strangely people that run against them tend to be dead. They end up not to show up, like Sadam Hussein.
Speaker 3: He ran for the president of Iraq.
Speaker 2: Over and over and over again, sometimes winning one hundred and five percent of the vote, sometimes winning more than that.
Speaker 3: And god forbid if you didn't vote those were elected.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: And good morning everybody. Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Here it is a Friday morning of foody Friday, February twenty one. Oh yes, as usual, we have tons and tons of news. Let me start with a helloed one and all will good morning, see wow, good morning.
Speaker 4: You started with me.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw you coming into the studio this morning, so there you are, you know there you are can't fight in the sky right here in the studio.
Speaker 3: And as I mentioned in there.
Speaker 2: If you were actually high, as in smoking you know, smoking pot or maybe taking some other drug that gets you to that point, it would truly be can'tfi in the sky.
Speaker 3: So see that works out.
Speaker 2: Okay, cono, good morning, not much you know, someone has to close the door here, because I can hear you through the door. You can hear me, I can hear anybody. Oh, I can hear programming through the door. I hear the music. All right, someone will get it, or someone hasn't.
Speaker 5: Muted yet, get it.
Speaker 3: All right, Michelle. Michelle is here filling in for end and is not around.
Speaker 2: Good morning, and we've got It's a weird morning too, with everybody here yesterday.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you about that in a minute. Let me finish saying hello to everybody. Amy, good morning, Hi Bill, Happy Friday. Yeah, it is happy Friday. Neil, good morning, Bob.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: I can't see you on the monitor.
Speaker 4: Well you know, move the monitor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the one guy not with you there you are, who's a big boy.
Speaker 3: Oh no, but I can't see you. Why I can't I don't know. I just can't see you.
Speaker 4: I can see you, I.
Speaker 3: Understand, but I can't see you. Nils in.
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 3: Is it? Really? That's well?
Speaker 2: Say yeah, I just Niels in the other room. I mean, because everybody is everybody all over there.
Speaker 4: All over the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, there you go. And Michelle's coming in here trying to figure out all right, Uh, yesterday, I took some pictures, took some photos.
Speaker 3: There's Neil.
Speaker 2: And what ended up happening is I went to my daughter Pamela's house and as I told you, I bought those steaks that.
Speaker 3: Cost more money than you could ever imagine.
Speaker 2: So we grilled last night and it was I had gone back to Costco. Of course I did twice thrice weekly tripped to Costco and I bought the major food again those steaks which were spectacular.
Speaker 4: And I thick cuts there tenderloind Oh.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean just beautiful. These were prime.
Speaker 2: These were prime steaks and it was ah, they were unbelievable, and so I used the they have a probe. She has a tragger grill, which Neil and I talked about and it's a smoking grill, but you can also use it just to grill and it is oh man, those.
Speaker 3: That the meats were good.
Speaker 2: So with then I now have a sandwich in front of me on a schiott Role that I also get from Costco and made a garlic mayonnaise a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hey, I was getting there.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you the there's there's a method to this madness. There is an ongoing conversation here, and that is uh, this garlic man is so garlicky that it is already smelling up the entire studio.
Speaker 5: I can smell it from here, even though the door was closed.
Speaker 4: There was something you could take.
Speaker 2: I don't have I don't havelms with I don't have zelmans with me.
Speaker 3: It's in the car. Seriously, seriously.
Speaker 7: And he was and he was going like go and hate Conny, almost like he needs a fix.
Speaker 2: Usually I could be in a sauna, a steam room, naked, and I'll come up with a packet of zelmans. I can't tell you where it comes from, but it'll still have a packet of zelments with me.
Speaker 6: Well, good old prison wallet comes out in the pinch. I literally, you know the old saying spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch, you know, making sure you have all your stuff on you when you leave the house. Spectacles, test grab Well I got spectacles, testicles, wallet, watch, and zelman's.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I leave the house.
Speaker 2: Can't believe I left my zelmens in because I'm usually religious about the zelmons.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it today. We have ass handle anything at eight thirty, which we always do a little modified Foody Friday with Neil eight twenty. So we only have one segment with Neil this morning for Foody Friday, but everything else as usual continues on.
Speaker 3: So let's do it, guys.
Speaker 2: It's time for Handle on the News with Neil and Amy and me ConA.
Speaker 3: Did I say good morning to you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, good morning? See this time I remember you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you were a second?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Hold on all right, Cono and Amy and and like you, Michelle is here and Neil. I'm counting on my fingers. I am counting. It's now a finger count with everybody. It's reached that way.
Speaker 3: Let's do it, guys. Late story.
Speaker 2: As I recounted yesterday, and this is still the big news.
Speaker 3: One out of four bodies.
Speaker 2: Well, this is another bit of news because the four bodies were handed to the Israelis from the from Hamas.
Speaker 3: And it was part of the negotiations.
Speaker 2: Eleven hundred prisoners or several hundred prisoners that Israel has Palestinians, most of which were being held without being charged.
Speaker 3: Because they do that.
Speaker 2: Israeli usually takes young men who throw stones against Israeli soldiers and arrests them or even suspected young men.
Speaker 3: Well, they're not suspected young men. They generally are young men, but.
Speaker 2: They detain them, usually without charges or in many cases without charges. Those were for the most part released, and a few who were convicted of terrorist.
Speaker 3: Acts were released.
Speaker 2: For four bodies, for four bodies so families could have closure. So it was a mother, two young sons among the three of the four bodies, and it was not the mom's body. Because they do forensic testing. I don't even know how decomposed those bodies were. No one is saying, but they have been in Gaza for five hundred days and there ain't much electricity going on in Gaza these days, so I don't know how many morgues refrigerated units the whole bodies are up there. And my guess is Hamas would rather refrigerate their own food than refrigerated bodies of quote enemies like a toddler, a nine month old and a four an infant and a four year old. And so one of the bodies purported to be the mom of the Bebas family, Shiri beebis it's not her, it's not her, it's someone.
Speaker 5: Else, and it's not another hostage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't seem to be so, and of course Israel, well, Hamas is saying that they were killed in an Israeli airstrike. See, no hostage is ever assassinated. It's an Israeli air strike. Camas or Israel says they were just killed. They were straight out assassinated. I would think it'd be fairly easy to tell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wouldn't one shrapnel and one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would think so. Or concussive wounds. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And Israel is not talking, and Hamas certainly isn't talking. And keep in mind there was no firefight between Hamas doesn't have an army because Israel went in and no one fought Israel because they went in arbitrarily and decided to shoot up Gaza and kill civilians. Kamas only talks about the forty eight thousand Palestinians, of which the majority, by the way, are civilians, there's no question about it. But the other third, who are militants, well, they're really not militants. It is simply Israel is massacre people without a fight. Now, on the other hand, if you look at the release of these hostages, they're all done on this stage that was built by Hamas, surrounded by the militants and new uniforms by the hundreds and signs behind. It's almost like a campaign, a political campaign up on the stage and big signs behind.
Speaker 4: Vulgar.
Speaker 6: It is a greatly crass And now are they trying to reprovoke?
Speaker 2: Well, if they are, and they're succeeding, they're succeeding beautifully. And at the same time, Amy, let's go ahead to the next story before we take a break.
Speaker 7: Buses have been bombed in central Israel.
Speaker 5: Several buses exploded yesterday.
Speaker 7: It's luckily it was supposed to happen during rush hour, but luckily the buses were not. They were parked at the time, and no one was hurt. The initial assessment from the security establishment is that the plan for the attack came from Iran and was carried out by Hamas in the West Bank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the reason no one was hurt is not because this was a warning.
Speaker 2: It's because someone who put the bombs on those buses simply blew it. Well, didn't blow it. That's the whole point is the bombs didn't go off. They did go off, but after someone spotted one of the bombs, the bus driver immediately took everybody out of the bus. They called the bomb squad, and before the bomb squad could show up, they exploded and.
Speaker 3: None of them, none of them caused any casualties.
Speaker 2: I think this also may exacerbate the warlike thinking of Israel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is it? Arms is just poking the bear.
Speaker 2: And by the way, when you poke the bear and it's already eaten all of your family and you're the only ones surviving, at what point do you simply give it up and go, Okay, I'm done poking the bear. Hey, cono, do you have the promo that we recorded yesterday? But any chance, just I want to give a quicker introduction.
Speaker 3: Do you have it? I can get it really quick. Yeah, get it really quick.
Speaker 2: So here is a new policy here at KFI, and that is we are to record, and you're hearing it a promo saying this is what we're going to be doing today and tomorrow. And so I was asked to read the promo and decide what we're going to talk about today and tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I couldn't really decide which topic.
Speaker 2: It's hard for us to find out or to decide the day before what topic.
Speaker 3: So here here's the promo that we're running on.
Speaker 2: The next bill Handle show, We'll be talking about topic teas that's coming up at specific time you intend to discuss it, don't know when tomorrow and the next bill Handle show. Pause, and that's coming up at specific time you intend to discuss it today and the next bill Handle show. Now I'm confused because if I'm recording today and it runs tomorrow, does that mean tomorrow was yesterday?
Speaker 3: And should I have put that in there? That's Tony Award winning really, thank you very much, and that's what we're gonna run. Now.
Speaker 2: The other promos I think are legitimate. You have Which promo are you supposed to run today?
Speaker 3: This one?
Speaker 2: Or are you doing Dari and Shannon? Also the promo? What do you mean that you can tell what it would actually? It should sound like.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean they run throughout the day. Okay, you'll hear one.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, so I'll get to it at some point.
Speaker 2: All right, back we go, more Handle on the news, Amy, Neil and me.
Speaker 6: Well, you are going to listen to someone actually lose faith in their mayor right now?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: Oh man, you know I gave Bass the benefit of the doubt, but now I am completely off that train LA Time reports. You know, obviously, since the Palisades fire, Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass faced repeated questions about why she left for Ghana, even when she told us she wasn't going to Well, now she's blaming it on She's blaming it on someone else. She's blaming it on Crowley, the fire chief. Fire Los Angeles Fire Department Chief Kristin Crowley, who had said on live TV that she had been failed in her department, been failed by not being provided with more funding and rest and resources a shot at Bass. Now Bass is complimenting that, saying, you know, they didn't.
Speaker 4: She didn't tell me, yes, tell me.
Speaker 2: The story gets a little deeper than that, because here is what Karen Bass's position was. Number One, she goes to Ghana, even though during her campaign she promised she would not leave the city. Number Two, I saw, like Joe Biden, here she's in Ghana, no joke. She is in Ghana and comes back and when asked repeatedly, as you said, Neil, you were in Ghana, why were you there during during this horrible situation, she said, I don't want to talk about that. I want to be focused on helping Los Angeles and bringing it back and restructuring it. Why were you in Ghana. I don't want to concentrate on that. That is not my focus. It's rebuilding La the first thing she says when she does come back or now, because remember, she doesn't want to talk about it other than other than focusing on rebuilding, She says, Crowley's fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Crowley did not tell me because she should.
Speaker 2: Crowley should have told me that there was this kind of a risk, and she didn't tell me.
Speaker 6: On January second, the National Weather Service warned on its X feed of potential for extreme fire weather conditions beginning January seventh. The agency's forecast esque on January third to major risk take action critical fire conditions. Next day, Bess left for Ghana. How could she not know, Anne.
Speaker 2: Because she didn't know, because Crowley has to call her and tell her.
Speaker 3: That's the only way she could.
Speaker 6: Know, and she even mayor I'm assuming it's her doing this if not some lackey. She wrote on the sixth, on her own ex there is an expected destructive and potentially life threatening windstorm starting Tuesday morning through Wednesday morning. So if she could text that life threatening and not be here, she just completely lost me and is a hack for going after her fire chief or who, for altontents and purposes, seems incredibly dedicated.
Speaker 4: A firefighter. So that's just crap.
Speaker 2: You can tell me how long Crowley is going to last, because when asked by a reporter, did you fail the city u LAFD, Crowley said, yeah, we failed. Now you watch Karen Bass come back and say she admitted she failed.
Speaker 4: I'm going to fire her.
Speaker 3: We'll see how long she lasts. We will see how long Crowley lasts.
Speaker 5: Moving on time to take a closer look.
Speaker 7: US Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy was in town, went to Union Station to make an announcement about California's high speed rail project and said, we're going to look at whether the California High Speed Rail Authority is actually complied with agreements they've signed with the federal government and went on to say we can't just say we're going to give money and then not hold states accountable to how the money was spent. And then he went on to say this project's been going on since two thousand and eight, was when voters first approved bond money. The project was supposed to cost a total of thirty three billion. Now those estimates are way up over one hundred billion dollars. The first section of has not been completed. It was supposed to be done by twenty twenty. Now they're saying maybe twenty thirty three for them are said to Bakersfield part of the line, and he said, with no end in sight, we got to take a look at.
Speaker 2: This, and now how many people commute from her said to Bakersfield two exactly. Now, those people that are involved in the as their sheephurders is what they are because that's where all the sheep are up in that part of the world or part of California. And so when this finally ends up right now, it's slated to be over one hundred billion dollars. I just can't wait for this to happen. It's that we're never going to have this working. And and if we ever do, what do you think is going to cost La to San Francisco.
Speaker 6: Oh, and it's not even gonna be high speed because the amount of stopped right, the stops.
Speaker 2: And the rails, they're not going to have part.
Speaker 3: Of it high speed.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it'll be a high speed for one hundred miles and then then it's fifty miles has to slow down. It's you know how they name cars and name they name locomotives. You know they have the name the Golden Zephyr and all that number one will be boone and then the second.
Speaker 4: Okay, pat boondoggle.
Speaker 6: Yeah pretty much alrighty, so it has the bloom fallen off the rose.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Senate Republicans took a major step to advance President Donald Trump's sweeping agenda this morning, voting to adopt a budget blueprint that sets up a major clash with House Republicans who have put forward a competing plan. So Trump has endorsed the competing plan from the House Republicans that's more expansive, but that apparently didn't stop the Senate Republicans from forging ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's the Senate Republicans, even though they are in lockstep with the president. Look at all the nominees have been confirmed, even the crazy ones.
Speaker 6: So I mean Trump still controls. But how is this lockstep if they're opposing?
Speaker 2: Oh, the only thing they're opposing is one major bill encompassing everything that Trump wants to do. That's what he wants, and that's what the House Republicans want. The Senator is saying, oh, we still agree with everything he does, but we want to do it step by step. We want to look at individual bills. It's effectively lemmings walking towards the cliff, some jumping off immediately and other stopping for a restroom break and then going back and then jumping over the cliff.
Speaker 3: I think that's the analogy here. That's a nice visual. Yeah, it's actually true.
Speaker 7: Dodgers pitcher gets his bell rung out. Yeah, La. Dodgers pitcher Bobby Miller was on the mound in the third inning, throws a ball to Chicago Cubs player Michael Bush, who rips a one hundred and five and a half mile per hour line drive, hits Miller on the temple, knocks him to the ground. He's got a big old goose egg on his forehead, but he was able to get up walk off the field on his own. Dodgers manager Dave Roberts says, the ball squared him up pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you think it was a problem when he went by himself, got up and went to the dugout thinking he was a Napoleon.
Speaker 3: No problem there.
Speaker 7: You know what else they did yesterday during these games, the MLB games in spring training, they used robo umpire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna do about that. Not only I know it's fascinating. I'm going to talk about that. And I really know this stuff because I'm a baseball nut, aren't I? Because I know my stuff. I've gone to two baseball games my entire life.
Speaker 4: I get it. When I think balls, I think handle.
Speaker 3: There you go, Okay, let's move.
Speaker 4: All right. If you've ever wanted to lick the backside of Betty White, man, come on, let me finish the story. Now you made it awkward.
Speaker 6: March twenty Angels, the United States Postal Service is going to be issuing the Betty White stamp, legendary TV icon Betty White, She's gonna be honored with that stamp, and she deserves it. Not only for you know the Golden Girls Married Tyler Moore show and all of her wonderful acting and joy she brought to us, but she is also very compassionate and an advocate for animals. So people young and old like her. Oh yeah, everybody loved her.
Speaker 2: She died just shy of her one hundredth birthday, and there, how could you not adore that one. No, everybody does. And I'm looking because she took herself. She was so self deprecating and so wonderful, and I'm looking at the pit.
Speaker 3: It's a great picture of Betty White. First of all, she.
Speaker 2: Doesn't look ninety nine or one hundred, and she definitely looks alive, beautiful woman.
Speaker 7: Okay, so this is like Uber, but with guns. It's a new app called Protector works like Uber. You say it, yeah, I want to ride, but this ride isn't just a little Hyundai or a Toyota Prius. It's probably a Cadillac Escalade. It's black. And you can also hire bodyguards and you just order them up. You can do it like up to twenty four hours in advance, but if you want a little entourage, you can get up to three vehicles. And the bodyguards that they have are like active duty and retired military and law enforcement and that kind of stuff. They've all been checked out. So it comes for a price. It's like two hundred bucks an hour and a minimum of five hours.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's not bad. Two hundred dollars an hour. That's about the going price, Neil. You've hired, you've hired security before you know five. It was very involved in and it's about this is about right, that's okay if I paid right or does pay whenever.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to talk about what we pay for our security, but I will tell. But I would say that that is very reasonable for that. I would love to get an on diarage just h go on heat one day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's going to be funny to see who uses it just for doing exactly that. I want to be like a you know, a major hi roller for a day and do all of that fun stuff on a.
Speaker 4: First date or something and then you know, I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: You meet someone for the first time on a blind date. My name is Bill. Oh, by the way, this is my bodyguard that I'm taking.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: Nearly one in ten US adults identify as LGBTQ plus. This is a new Gallup survey survey, and they were a little surprised because they expected it to go up eventually, but they were thinking decades. It hit an all time high of nine point three percent. That's up from seven times person who identifying twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of gay people out there or trans or you look at the very way for you. There's a lot of gay people out there, but it's but the point is it's gone from interesting. It's gone from they were in closet completely and it was a perversion to okay, now they are members of society. Now it's gone back the other way where there's a real problem with gay people, as in, by the way, LGBTQ plus people are those who are particularly gay a plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're super gay.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, it's like mega gay. Yeah pretty much, wife Kno, never mind, we.
Speaker 5: Got to be problem in California.
Speaker 7: There's not enough of them, and because of that, farmers got to find them so they can get enough to pollinate their crops. They got the almond bloom coming up, and almond is like one of the most lucrative crops in California, and so beehive thefts in California are up. People are going and stealing beehives and then running them out to farmers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and almond groves.
Speaker 2: You cannot fertilize almond trees without a bee.
Speaker 3: You need the bees. And so they're getting a lot of farmers.
Speaker 2: You're just leaving the industry the business, and they're question to be or not to be.
Speaker 3: They don't know.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have time for one more.
Speaker 4: A little palette cleanser.
Speaker 6: Mexico's president is warning the United States against any violation of its territory and sovereignty. Mexican President Claudia Scheinbaum said that US made the decision to designate the cartels as terrorist groups unilater unilaterally without consulting Mexico. So she says, you know, be careful if you start fighting the drug car tells we prefer that you do it with cooperation, not coercion. You know, why are you defending the cartels.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're defending the cartels.
Speaker 6: No, But why do you say say, yeah, we're looking forward to working with them and we know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think. I think they're on the same page. But it's just a question of optics.
Speaker 4: And back and forth. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is what a shocker with this administration? We're done. Guys, KF I am six. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.