Speaker 1: Fee, so you save even more right off the bat, I'll give you the number here at a second, but just call and you'll get a price within two minutes.
Speaker 2: And again, the deadline is.
Speaker 1: December thirty first, so call now and you'll save even more.
Speaker 2: Here's the number, eight five five ninety Bible. That's eight five five nine zero Bible. Eight five five ninety Bible. Good morning, good morning, good morning, Welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust for you're abound to learn something because today we're talking with our friends from Tray County Tech. We we've got Braiden, we've got Randall in here today, and a lot is happening now that the holiday season is over. We've got classes, lots of classes, and lots of people who need to be going to class. Breidon, let's start off with you, because you're dealing with the high school kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so high school enrollments right around the corner. So this past week we've really been visiting all of our partner schools and informing our sophomores that try counting Tech's an opportunity for them their junior and senior year and so after we finish wrapping up this week of chatting with our sophomores, sophomores are going to come in two weeks to our campus and get to tour our campus and see if this is something they're interested in, if they can see themselves doing this the next two years. And then we have open house on February fourth, And that's a really big deal.
Speaker 2: It is a big deal, and I want parents and students alike to take note of this and really consider making the journey out there, because it's an eye opening experience, you know, and if you're not careful, mom and dad, you might find yourself taking a class too. No.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I always tell people. Unless you've been to our campus and seen our classrooms and seen the programs we offer, you really don't know try counting tech yet. But a really great opportunity open house because students get bonus points on their application.
Speaker 2: That's a big deal. Go ahead and take advantage of that. Yeah, everybody, everybody likes that for surely. No, you guys are going to do high school today, right, correct?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: As soon as we leave here and to go talk to all those dewey sophomores and talk to them about the programs and the options they've got and get them registered to pick a program so when they come for tours in a couple of weeks, they know what program they want to go to, and so yeah, it's we're man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is a lot of planning. Right before the holiday, you line it up with all the schools and then you go buy and you make your visits and it's like, okay, come on February fourth, everybody show.
Speaker 3: It's like drinking out of a fire hydrated. We it's NonStop right now. But it's also a really exciting time because you know, students get really excited about their future, and they get really excited once they get on our campus and see what we have to offer, and that's pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: Now. Also for adults, they get pretty excited. Yeah, because all of a sudden, you're you're standing at the doorstaff of possibly enhancing your your field of expertise absolutely or perhaps even venturing into something. Yeah, what do you got going on? For the adults, we've got a couple.
Speaker 1: Of classes that most classes have started already for this quarter, but we've got a class electric electrical class it's going to be starting the end of the month, so we still got a few openings for that. So if you're interested in electrical jump online, fill out that application. Let's get you going. And then in February, we have a certified clinical medical assistant and so Ascension is looking for those positions, so they're trying to get them certified and get to do their clinical hours with them. And so again six month course and let's let's get you going. But right now, that's that's slotted to start in February, and we still got some openings for that.
Speaker 2: So you know what the basic hospital course like you're talking about and also Basic Electrician. Yeah, that opens the door to even wider possibilities because it that that's kind of the beginning, that's not the end of the destiny. That's the big door.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, it gets that get your foot in the door to head into a career that's super lucrative. I'm an opportunity for a lot of growth and to find us, you know, to start a career that's gonna be super successful for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: If that's what you're interested in for sure, now, Rayle, you just need to go to the website.
Speaker 1: Try County Tech dot ed U so high school and adult programs are both there, so you can go check out if parents because they haven't been at those sophomore visits that we've been at this week. Going to the website with all of that, all the information that we've given your students are right there for you to kind of catch up on and for you to kind of help your student process those things.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's all right there. It's all pretty easy. Now with the going back to the high school students, I imagine, like you said, there's a little bit of excitement there because some of these kids actually know of an older student who's taking a class of Try County Tech. So it's no longer do I want to it's what have I got to take?
Speaker 3: Absolutely No, I think it's been really cool, you know, going and visiting the schools. And we have siblings of the younger siblings of students who are currently at Tech, and and so they'll ask if we know them, and we say, you know, of course, and they're excited to come. And like you mentioned, you know, just different peers on our campus and those students are excited to join us.
Speaker 2: No, I have a daughter who's a senior and she's taking courses at Try County. Take, mom and dad, You're not going to believe just how mature your student starts to carry themselves. Once they're you know, I'm picking college courses, you know, and they're going to where the big people go. Suddenly suddenly there's this air of confidence and this air of responsibility. Just it doesn't happen to every kid, but by ninety nine and a half percent of them, they all of a sudden, their back's a little straighter, last year is a little better, They're paying a lot more attention than that smart mouth just goes away the next thing. You know, you've got a smart brain. There you go.
Speaker 3: No, we really do. We pride ourselves on treating our high school students especially like adults, and we want to pret them for the real world and what life looks like after high school. And we hope that they go through a little bit of a transformation while they're at Tri County.
Speaker 2: For sure, Well they do, they really do that. Just getting away from the high school and going into some place that's is a higher place of learning is the big thing. It's like, I've graduated without graduating. You've graduated to something, yes, but you still have finished high school. Yeah, but these courses are really remarkable. Would a young person, like say a software going into being a tutor, what would the courses look like.
Speaker 3: So our courses are structured, so students are with us for two and a half hours a day and they get a twenty minute break while they're on campus with us, and we offer everything you know, from welding and automotive programs in cosmatology to drones and avation. We have a new firefighter MT programs starting up. We have a marketing program, it programs, and so I always tell students, you know, we try to cover all of our bases to peak your interests.
Speaker 2: For sure. Well you know right there, it sounds a little bit more like fun. But those are great vocation. You know, I've never met it out of work welder in my life. They are sought worldwide and absolutely you know, and plus you get to you get to play with things. Well you know, you have to be careful. I should do that now. That kind of goes into what the adults learn to be very similar. But even at higher levels.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know, we get a lot of students, a lot of adults coming in you know, maybe they're in the career they want. They just want an advancement and upskill and so we have that out those options for them. And then we have you know, lots of lots of adult students come in want a whole new fresh start and want something new and want to get gain an education and so you know, and so we're there to kind of serve them at whatever aspect they're they're looking for, to meet their goals so they can be successful and whatever that is they're looking for.
Speaker 2: Do you have what you call certificate programs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most of our flex programs are gonna you're they're going to complete every quarter with a certificate, certificate of completion. Oh so yeah, and then in those levels and then have a chance to get their certification advance at the end. If they want, they want to take welding all the way through, they'd get four different certifications to complete that.
Speaker 2: So, you know, it's nice to have that paperwork there, especially when you're building that resume and you're looking for a job. Yeah, for sure, know why this wasn't done a long time enough.
Speaker 1: For sure, and gaining those skills, you know, you know, that's the thing. The thing I love is not just about the bookwork. When our students come, they're getting their hands on. They're not setting in a classroom talking about welding, or they're going to a shop and they're welding and they're learning. I mean, they're getting a skill set. They're not just talking about plumbing or electrical or you know, power and energy or whatever that course may be. They're getting their hands on our E m T class We just installed. We have the back of an ambulance inside the classroom, so they're working in the back of an ambulance when they're there. So it's hands on, real life skill, real world skills to go right to work, so that when those employers hire them, they're getting students that have already been exposed to what they're going to see in the workforce.
Speaker 2: And that's exciting. You know, you brought up something to your medical courses. You actually have what looked like to be you know, pretty human humanoids. Yeah. They work on their program. Yeah, and so you know, we don't spare anything, you know, we're cutting edge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we really I always say, you know, we really want to simulate what it's going to look like in their career and what the industry is going to look like, so regardless if the student fans on going to college or entering the workforce immediately, we want to give them that experience so they're not going in there blindly and and that's it gives them a leg up on their competition and their peers who are interested in the same thing because most people don't have the experience that try counting tech students get with all of the technology, and then we have just great instructors as well.
Speaker 2: Is it true that if I take some courses at Rock County Tech and I decide, well, maybe I want to get a you know, bigger degree, can these class credits be transferred?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so some can and kind of dependent on that. But we do have an agreement with Oklahoma Wesleyan University that students who complete any of our programs get fifty percent off tuition and then certain certain classes to transfer over for college credit.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to make sure that because I want to make sure moms and dads heard that right now they get ready for February four. Yes, said, you know, they didn't say, well, I thought, I want to make sure it was clear. Absolutely that is that's a that is really a lifesaver. Yes, it is it is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know students, they are in both high school and college credit. I always say, in more experience than they can ever imagine. And once they come into one of our programs.
Speaker 2: You know, I have not seen an unhappy camper. You know, the camp is really nice. I mean you've got this great, big, huge building, but once you get inside, it's huger. I don't know how you do this. I mean, you got really smart people who figure. The way you use space is incredible.
Speaker 1: You've done a great job, for sure, and we hear that, especially from parents or even teachers who brought classes in to do tours. And I had no idea this was even in here. I didn't have any idea that you guys are doing things like this. This is incredible. So I say, even if you you've heard of Tri County, but if you've not come and experience, come and take it to it. And you don't have to wait for February. If you're a parent, you want to call us, we'll set up a tour and take your own show you.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see that E. M. T. Wagon Come on the classroom. That's what I will come home, dog man, be cool. It is cool man. The only thing it doesn't do is lie down the road. That's right, that's right. Later on. Now once again, do we have to have a rs VP for the open house.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's open doors so from four to six. Just like I said, I encourage anyone who's interested in try County. You don't really know what we do, or maybe you do know what we do and just want to familiarize yourself with campus a little bit better, come and see us and get your bonus points and learn a little bit about what we.
Speaker 2: Do, and also with the adult programs. Make an appointment with you. Come on, yep.
Speaker 1: I'm right on the website email phone number, you can text call, but swing by, come and see us. We'll show you around application and everything is there. I'll help walk you through any of that that you may need, or any questions or concerns you may have.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you it's about the friendliest campus in the world. And you know what, if you're worried about safety, right there on the corner, we got a police station, yep, and we trained firefighters out back. We do so you know what, there's nothing missing, No, pretty well covered. Yeah, you keep adding on every now and then too. That's one thing. Whatever the workplace or whatever the you know is out there, the job market out there, you guys seem to really come to the rushing to the front. Ten. We got this cupboard. We can train people. We're ready to go. So that's that. Can't do that, I think everybody likes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we want to meet it on the front end with the jobs there and if they are, how can we help train to get them ready.
Speaker 2: For the right to Where can we find the campuship for the folks shore who in town or maybe they live out of town and I only heard about it on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so sixty one oh one? Know what a road or right outside? Just go east of town on Highway sixty so right off the highway off of No Water Road. We'll find our campus there and then our website. You can find all our information there at Try County Tech dot edu.
Speaker 2: All right, very good, good luck and good luck. All right, all right, thank you guys, go get them and getting kids can do either. They're on their way. I didn't mean to keep up up that you've been listening to our community connection right here on K one