Speaker 1: As at this time we bring you tech it Out some of the latest tech news and innovations. It's brought you this morning by our Pick your Ticket Thursday at one oh one w Jr's Instagram.
Speaker 2: Your chance to win tickets to several upcoming JARR shows like The Offspring three eleven.
Speaker 1: Summer of Loud, or Voltbeat.
Speaker 2: If you're not following us at one oh one one WJARR.
Speaker 1: Just look for the post and do as instructed. Simple, quick, easy, you'll be answered. All right, let's begin with this. Obviously, one of the huge stories this week was the return of the astronauts after an extended stay on the the International Space Station. Had great ending. It's awesome, glad to have them back, Thank God. Now the question is what does the future hold for the troubled Boeing Starliner capsule. That's well, if you want to get right down to it was the reason all of this played out like it did. They were set up in that the capsule had issues. It was determined it was not safe for humans to get back in it to try to make it home, thus their extended stay. Do they continue to try to want to fly Starliner's capsule again? They answer? The short answers. Yes, NASA is continuing to look at their options for Boeing's troubled Starliner capsule, for that specific one that's up there on the whole design of the capsule. It's not up there. It's come back. It returned, but not with any humans now, and they're looking and assessing the main problems that presented themselves after it was launched that prevented the safe return of astronaut. I'm not getting on it. What strongly alluded to in this piece that I'm reading anyway from space dot com says that when and if this thing flies again, it's highly unlikely there'll be any human since.
Speaker 2: We've really had a website called space dot com. I or you were just scouring for the latest tech news and came across.
Speaker 1: It space dot Com. No, I know, but I was just I have my whole file saved of sites I go to for tech. It out. I got you. I just said, you pointed it out. I live in an area that the space industry is a huge part of, so I try to stay versed as I can a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's why a lot of people are here.
Speaker 1: Amazon Echo owners check this out. We all know that our smart devices listen to us, some more than others. Some have privacy settings that can limit that outside of our requests. Amazon Echoes are one of those lines of products that you know, if you get into the privacy settings, you can in most of those models have the thing not send your voice recordings to their cloud service where they're having access to everything. I think everybody should have that right with all devices. As of March twenty eighth, select echoes will no longer offer that privacy setting. It's going to be removed. Translation everything you say which is in your shot of some of these Echo devices will be fed to the Amazon Cloud, and they argue that this is more information for them to better hone in and enhance the capabilities of the Alexa plus thing that's coming out, and better ways to help you.
Speaker 3: So day out of my bitness, I'll want my privacy so there, Just so you know, if you own one of those devices after the twenty eighth, that privacy setting is slated to go.
Speaker 1: Bye bye Google. It is good to be the Google. They have made the biggest buy in the company's history. What they just goob up. They're they're stroking a check for thirty two billion dollars to buy the CyberSecure firm Whiz. I don't know who owns Whiz, but if I'm the Wiz owner and I got Google telling me that they're gonna pay me thirty two billion dollars, I'm like, where do I here's my keys, take the whole business out of here.
Speaker 2: Do whatever you want, just thirty two bill unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I mentioned this a while back. It is now available for select Verizon wireless users, satellites messaging service owners of some Android smartphones. As of yesterday, we'll be able to, at no extra charge, have access to Verizon's free satellite messaging. If you find yourself in an area where there is no sell coverage whatsoever, you'll be able to still have connectivity for texting and whatnot via that they hope to expand it to more devices at a future date. But Verizon customers, you lucky dogs, are the first ones in this country to have that access with your traditional wireless plan. Atari is now selling a smart watch that prioritizes fun over functionality. The watch's interface can be customized with Atari twenty six hundred themed artwork, sound effects, as well as offering on the watch capabilities to play classic Katari games Centipede, Pong, Super Breakout, and Missile Command just using the touch screen or the watches crown dial. It's just a little yeah. People who do stuff on small screens are used to doing stuff on small screens. Why not, you know, play some Atari twenty six hundred, Missile Command seventy nine ninety nine. Wow, it's affordable. Yes, sack that up against you know, some of these other smart watches, and well, there you go. The watch is available for pre order now through Atari's online store, will be shipping by June tenth. If you're an old school gamer or just plonged for those days. There you go. And finally this, I think this is something that is irritating to a lot of people who owned printers at home. The whole ink cartridge and ink racket. It is a racket. I have an HP printer at home, and I got caught up in this mess here. HP has somehow avoided monetary damages over bricked printers in a class action settlement. What they did was they sent out firmware updates, which they considered security updates, that would break your printer if you try to use non HP replacement cartridges and whatnot.
Speaker 2: You said you got caught up in this. Did that affect me too? Because I remember I had a whole bunch of those cartridges that we used to get from that company would not work.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Yes, to answer, you and I had the same thing happened. I had been using those. Yeah, these security updates. Here's the other kicker. We're being sent down and forced updates. They would happen. You didn't even know it if your printer was on boom and updated. And then if you try to use one of these other non HP products because you didn't want to pay an arm and a leg, all of a sudden it's not working and it won't work unless you go back to an HP approved cardon more to the racket. So here's the settlement. They admit no wrongdoing, but from now on, user and you know, customers will have the option of declining there security updates. So if you're using the off brand cartridges on your HP and they're still working and HP sends you a security updates, yeah, I think twice. Yeah, because they're still going to be able to effectively brick here your hardware with this. The damage was already done mating, no wrongdoing.
Speaker 4: Course, that's what I got this week. You feel you feel like you've checked it out sufficiently, Oh, I definitely did. Okay, Well, stick around and check out Lynchin Tako's commercial free work day rock block that's coming up at eight.
Speaker 2: Clinch and Taco on demand, download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere. This is j R R