Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great Americans welcome this Thursday afternoon in the tri State, getting ready, of course for the Bengals and the Birds on Sundays, bigger than Montana. They have no flexing at all. They've got to win the game. They got to keep winning, winning, winning, and see what happens down the road. Also, a college hoops about to kick off in the big game this weekend, of course, is the Bearcats at Dion Sanders's Colorado. Buffalo's bigger than Montana. But Jonan, you and I now is Rob Sanders, the man who controls northern Kentucky with an iron grip. And Rob Sanders welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Tony Bender is in the dark about Kentucky Issues one and two. He hasn't read much about it. He's going to have to vote pretty soon. Can you give us a capsule? Much like Constitutional Amendment Number one in Ohio, the Americans should vote no on that in Kentucky one and two, can you give us a capsule on each? If anything?
Speaker 2: Willie, thanks for having me back on and lord knows, I'll be happy when we get the selection over. Let's get into this real quick and try and keep it as simple as possible. The Issue Number one on Kentucky's ballot is a constitutional amendment to close a little bit of a loophole that we have had that it really hadn't been a problem in Kentucky, but it has been a problem in some other states. So Kentucky is being proactive. The Republican General Assembly noticed that our state constitution says you must be a citizen to vote in Kentucky. However, there is nothing in that state constitution that says if you are not a citizen of the United States or of Kentucky, that you cannot vote in Kentucky. So I believe there's been some other states. Virginia, Georgia comes to mind. I think there's a few other Republican controlled states where the Department of Justice has tried to interfere with the state's elections saying, hey, we know your constitution says that you have to be a citizen to vote, but there's nothing that says non citizens can't vote. So our Republican legislature is being proactive. They're going to try and close that loophole. The Issue number one would change our constitution to say not only do you have to be a citizen to vote, but if you're not a citizen, you can't vote. Seems like common sense to me, but apparently these days common sense has to be spilled out word for work.
Speaker 1: Now on that issue. Last night, I'm watching your good friend Kamala Harris, and the word salads were like at a Frish's salad bar. They were all over the place, making no sense.
Speaker 2: But one thing she did salad bar was that good Willie, they wouldn't be going out of business.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. I may lose my Frish's super big boy, take out the middle layer of bread. I want to save some calories and give me some onion rings well done. And on the side, if you don't mind a little bit of Coleslaw in addition to that, give me a cherry coke. And if you don't mind a hot fudge cake. Don't tell my wife about that. But I regress now she's willy.
Speaker 2: We just came up with a problem now that we didn't realize. You and I have been a hot fudge Sunday on the outcome of the presidential election. Of course I did not bet on the vice president. That was the horse that you chose. I bet on President Trump. But it's a hot pudge Sunday. Where are we going to get our hot pudge Sundays if frisis closes down and they all go bankrupt.
Speaker 1: I think Wall's hitching posts must have a stake. We'll take the place. We'll call it even because you owe me a dinner anyway, But you're trying to change the subject on me. Kamala Harris said last night that there needs to be a pathway to citizenship for all those illegals, something like twenty to forty million Moreitanians and Lithuanians and also Haitians. What happens if the Congress in Washington the Democrats won everything, House, Senate, presidency, they get rid of the filibuster, of course, and then pass the national law that says illegals become citizens and they can vote immediately, which is what the Democrats want to do. How does issue one interact with that? Give me a full report.
Speaker 2: Well, it would be in conflict with what they would do nationally. But I believe the states that there is precedent that the states control their own elections as long as they are not passing laws that discriminate on the basis of race creed to religtion that the states control their own elections. So if the states say you have to be a citizen to vote in the state, I don't think the federal government can trump that. Nevertheless, it would certainly create a legal mess if you have Washington, d C. Doing the things they can to muck up state elections and to try and take over states that are notably not blue states, not liberal states. You know, the Kentucky's, the Ohio's, virtually every place that's not on a coast, and they would be trying to take over and hijack those states so that they can impose the will of the liberals and the big cities on the coast on US. I don't think we're going to let that happen. Willy, and hopefully God Willing and the Creektome Rise will have a good outcome in the presidential election, which, by the way, Willy, is only the third most important election on the ballot come November fifth, because as you and I both know, of course, number one is my election because I'm up for reelection. Fortunately I'm not running against anybody, so that number one I'm pretty sure I'll remember to vote for myself, and we'll check that one off. But number two is re electing Melyssa Powers. Unfortunately I can't vote in that one. That's all up to the good citizens of Hamilton County to make the right choice and make sure they keep us all safe, because anything that goes wrong in Hamilton County, because the size of the county number of people, is bound to influence everybody else in Greater Cincinnati. No matter what county you're in, whether it's Kenton, Boone, Campbell, Butler, claremont As, Hamilton County goes at least to some extent, so goes the rest Greater Cincinnati. So it's definitely important, I hate to use that ironic term, but definitely important that we re elect Melissa Powers and return her and her team to the prosecutor's office in Hamilton County so we have some semblance of sanity left in Hamilton County. We can't turn that prosecutor's office over to the lunatic liberals like the judges that they've been electing lately in Hamilton County. Third most important election is the presidency.
Speaker 1: Well, Melissa Powers. Hamilton County is fifty percent of the try state. Hamilton County's got about eight hundred thousand. And the Tri State, so to speak, whichever counties you include in the Tri State include Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio has about two million, and so you're talking about about forty to fifty percent of the whole and most of the crime, believe it or not, as in Hamlin County. If you do just crime, probably the crime at seventy five percent in Hamlet County. And he give the prosecutor's office to Countie Pillage, who's never tried a felony case in her life, who didn't have a law license until last year, and she simply wants to get on the ballot and get elected because it's a D next to her name. And I would hope suburbanites might say, and including black folks in the West and East End, who say, you know what, we can't do this to us because black Americans want the same law enforcement as white and brown Americans. We can't have an inexperienced county prosecutor who's never tried a case over another one who's been involved in one hundred and fifty thousand cases. I can't believe hamilic On you would do that. But I have my doubts move on to number two.
Speaker 2: In the state of Kentucky, Place Issue Number two is a ballot initiative that would amend the state constitution to allow the state to spend money on private school educations, typically in the form of vouchers. I believe that's how they've done it in other states. Currently, there is state constitution in Kentucky says that the state may only spend tax dollars on public education. This would change that, not to defund the public schools, not to take any money away from the public schools. That's not what this initiative says. What it says is that the state could help students that want to go to private schools, especially those that can't already go to private schools, could help them in the form of vouchers, so that they would have true school choice that they could choose any school, public school, private school. The part of the constitution that says the state is required to fund public schools would not be changed. Public schools are still constant tutionally required to be funded. That would not change one bit. The only thing it would do is help the poorer students in our state have an opportunity and access to private school education, which currently only wealthy families do because it is trust me, I know this from personal experience. Really, it is quite expensive to send your kid to private school. I know that all too well. But unfortunately there's kids that don't, whose families don't have the resources and the income to be able to fund a private school education. And if you're in a failing school district, which even though we have some very good public schools locally in northern Kentucky, not all of them are successful. Some of them are woefully failing to educate the kids, get them ready to head off to college or head into the job market. It would give any child of any economic background the opportunity for the state to assist them in going to a private school so that hopefully they can come out of that private at school ready to go to college or ready to go.
Speaker 1: Into the workhou.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: On that front again, Kamala Harris, And I'm told that Tony Bender may have a Kamala Harris sign in his front yard. I have my doubts, but he might say he does.
Speaker 2: He's probably the only guy in Boom County that does. I can't imagine there's too many about there everybody's going to know where Tony Bender was. Yeah, the one Harris sign in Boom County.
Speaker 1: Well, she has said repeatedly that she wants to get rid of these vouchers, which is hurting public education. And she says that if states don't ban those, what Kamala Harris is going to do is take away state funding for public education in the state of Kentucky. So in addition to Issue one, which illegals are going to start voting, now you got issue too, which is there goes to vouchers in Ohio. By the way, Ohio is a large voucher program. I know many families who send their kids to a different public school that's functional order a private Parkile or Catholic school. They get like eight thousand dollars a year. All those programs are gone. If Kamala Harris wins the presidency and orders the Apartment of Education to put out a directive to all the state boards of education that you cannot have a voucher program, imagine the chaos in Ohio, Kentucky and Nan if that happens, I address yourself to that issue. Now, you got me all pissed off in this out and I don't know what to say. Imagine defunding private, prochial and charter schools because Kamala Harris says, I got elected, I said to what I'm gonna do, and I'm gonna do it. How about that one, Rob Sanders.
Speaker 2: Well, for starters, Willie, nobody in the Biden Harris administration has done much of anything that they said they were going to do since they've been there. They haven't done a whole lot of anything for the last three and a half years. So I don't know that I take her all that seriously on anything she says. Nevertheless, I can't imagine that she would ever follow through with that threatn Here's why, Willie. There is no way on earth that she is going to defund public schools in states that have voucher programs. If that those states know that it's coming. And if you talk about states that have Republican governors, especially like Texas, like Florida, like Ohio, and those states stick to their guns and they say, no, we're keeping the vouchers. We dare you to unfund us. Can you imagine the pushback? I mean, you think there's push back in Kentucky now about this whole issue too thing from the public schools and the teachers unions. Can you imagine the pushback that they would get, not just from Republicans, but from Democrats alike and teachers unions alike. And it would be like cats and dogs living together in terms of the alliances that would be formed. If she tried to carry out the threat to unfund public schools in those states that kept vouchers, I just don't see that happening. There's too many d's that are employed by public schools that are members of the teachers unions. There's too many rs that likewise work for public schools, whether they are or or not members of the teachers union. They would still rise up. Half of everybody in Kentucky is either related to a tea. You're married to a teacher, he's got a brother or a sister that's a teacher. I'm sure it's the way in all these other states as well. I don't think that, if God forbid, we have a President Harris, that she would ever be able to follow through on that threat and do away with the vouchers. It's really something public education should be controlled by the states, not the federal government. And that's one very good reason. Why. You know, if California or New York doesn't want a vouchu system, don't have a voucher system. But if Ohio wants it, then Ohio should have it. Socian Kentucky, and it should be local control.
Speaker 1: That's another reason to have Supreme Court justices that follow law and don't make law up. I think as long as we have a somewhat conservative Supreme Court, there's a good chance that action might be ruled as unconstitutional. But who knows. But a lot of things are on the ballot. And lastly, before I let you go, there's been a lot of reporting on the Scott High School principal. Hopefully I'm saying his last name correctly, Tony Pracaccino. I think I know your answer, but I'm going to ask the question anyway. There's been headlines in the Tri State about the Scott High School principle is under criminal investigation by Rob Sanders. What can you tell us about the Scott High School principle, this Procacino character, and what he allegedly did of anything.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, Willie, I've never named the Scott High School principle because frankly, I don't even know what the Scott High School principal's name is. I know the media has named him, and they've been thrown around that same name that you are. I don't even know the principal's name. I do know this that there is an investigation by the Kenton County Police Department. They have informed of me about that investigation long enough for me to know that there have been no allegations up until this point of any felonious conduct. That means that if there are any crimes that have been committed, that they are misdemeanors, and if their misdemeanors in Kentucky, they're not my problem because the county attorney has to prosecute misdemeanor offenses. I only handle misdemeanors when they're connected to felonies in the Kenton County Police have told me, if we find a felony, we'll call you back, but otherwise we don't have it right now. The only reason I said anything in the media about this case is because when news broke that there was an investigation, all of a sudden, my email blew up, my phone calls, blew up, my text messages, blew up everybody wanted to know with somebody raped, with somebody sexually abused as he dating a student, that sort of thing, And I looked into it long enough to know that it doesn't involve anything sexual. If it did, those would be felonies, and that would be my problem. That would be my work. We've done that too many times, more than i'd like to count in the past, other schools, other places, other suspects. But this investigation, to my knowledge, as far aheads, no allegations of felonious conducts. So it sounds like he's in trouble with his employer. He may very well be in trouble with the law, but it won't be this office, and it's not my investigation. So that one I have already moved on from Willie, and that'll be another prosecutor's problem if it goes to prosecution at all.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, lie circle the globe before truth can take its first step, And so something like this arises, you immediately go towards sexual misconduct or something. And as far as you know, this early Thursday afternoon, there's no allegations this principal committed a felony. No allegations at this point. Is that correct, that's correct.
Speaker 2: No allegations to this point of anything that would rise to the level of felony. I can't tell you that. If the allegations are true, he's definitely in trouble, don't get me wrong, But it's not enough trouble that he becomes my problem.
Speaker 1: Don't understand it. I don't know how principals and teachers get involved with the students in today's world. I wouldn't point out that at Deer Park High School. When I went there, my history typing teacher whose last name I will not use, openly dated a senior high school girl, went to dances together with her football games, And when we had our fiftieth high school reunion, walking in the door was that same high school teacher and his wife of some forty nine years, the girl that he was dating, who was a senior. They got married when she graduated. They're happy, they got kids and grandkids. In life couldn't be any better. Those are the may I say, those are different times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were different times, Willie, And I mean, we've had cases since I've been in office where it's come in a teacher having to relate a sexual relationship with an underage student. Some have gone to prison. All that I've prosecuted have gone to prison. There's been some I haven't prosecuted that other prosecutors have handled that have not gone to prison. But we've actually had cases where those teachers went on to marry their students, which we also called their victims. But it doesn't happen still today that a defendant will end up marrying their victim. It still makes my head spend, makes me wonder how anybody could get involved in that kind of situation. But times have changed. They're held to a different standard. But that doesn't mean the same things not still going on.
Speaker 1: It's going on. And I asked him because I knew him, well, I didn't know she was here ahead of man, and I saw him and I said, let me ask you a question. I said, mister, so and so, how did you start dating a senior? He said, I went to her mother and father and asked permission, and they said okay, fine, It's like, okay, whatever it is. It worked out, and God bless them, right, Rob Sanders, we got to run, but I'm glad you cleared up the Scott High School situation insteadush you want And two and for those who have those Harris signs all over Boone County, I wish them well because they're wrong. But once again, Rob Sanders, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Rob, hopefully just before the election, will do it again. Thank you. Rob.
Speaker 2: Sounds great. Willie, thanks for having me on. I'll look forward to the next time.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more. Somehow you ask mom and dad permission and say, oh, that's fine. I'm thinking, Wow, things have changed. I'm not sure for the better. Because if the mother and father say okay, and the seventeen year old girl says okay, and they've been married for at that point forty nine years and they got kids and grandkids, what the hell? Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW