Speaker 1: Went back baby season three and I said it would have last. Hi, I'm George, Atha, thanks and I'm Nick, and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast.
Speaker 2: This is the part tell us her what it is.
Speaker 3: It's the quick Hands Podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I George wushed off the Panther season now Gusts and Country. First year is a corner. We don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambles since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty takes a clinch only team. Let's see success. This path is getting rich. The Bronkers keep on taking lots of time's hating this. I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. It said that has to sit there for waters defeat Friday night food in needs tip. It's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see watch you running for the team. I ain't playing in the NFL.
Speaker 1: We only mess with the league.
Speaker 3: Getting tries every day.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 3: We killing never team. I'm superquicky with all these hands. I cast a month to day. George, Nick, Tony Arthur to the stage.
Speaker 4: Please please Weekends Regulated Podcast, Season three episode twenty three. That's one hundred and fourteen. Welcome back everyone, Welcome every.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're back. We survived another weekend. I don't believe it. Good George finals can Nicole in the can and what our sweet can it was this week? What is sweet can?
Speaker 4: We've got some stuff to talk about, that's sure, aardi. What's a good thing of the week?
Speaker 5: You know what good thing of the week? You know what. I've been a big critic of FITZI, but he won me this week. He won me over. That was a masterclass performance. So it's been the past two weeks and I got to put my hand up. Fitzy did a great job. The boys are playing really well. Love phenomenal against the Roosters and the game.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 5: I just want to say that big apology to Fitzy, A good man and good luck this weekend. Good thing of the week was the Sharks win that game. That was a pretty good performance. So I'll give that as mychol thing of the week. Now, Nico, Nico, what is in the bin for me?
Speaker 4: It's it's just it's a range of basic referring questionable calls and yeah across the board again it doesn't again I don't have much confidence in it.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a range, just a range across every game.
Speaker 5: It changes, doesn't it. It's interpretations, everything just changes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a funny one.
Speaker 5: Is the one particular call that upset you the most on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Not upset me.
Speaker 4: I thought we were just talking about it before, like the whole rece Walsh Hudson Young one. It was interesting that the NRL said that they made a mistake giving Brisbane the penalty. I personally was happy Brisbane got the penalty. Yeah, because my take on it, as I've said many times before, is wilsh was standing their mining his own business. Hudson Young went up and got his face, and in this day and age, there's never real percussions for that. So I'm glad that Wolf's reacted and the backfighted on Young points because since they since they brought in the no punch rule, everyone thinks it's okay to just getting people's faces and I'm sick. I'm sick to death of saying that. So Hudson Young acted like a smart ass and a backfight in the worst possible way.
Speaker 5: So you'd be happy if every player that goes up gets penalized from now.
Speaker 6: On, no persistently prefer if they got punch could to be honest, I just can't do it. Just don't do it. But like it's one thing to verbal. But he went and got in his face. He ten meters to get in his face. Yeah, right, So what's Wolf's supposed to do?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't blame Youfice, that's yeah, because they stopped doing exactly. Yeah, I agree with him definitely. They've got to stop that rubbish because Malatalo does it as well, and you've got.
Speaker 4: To penalize or you should penalize what wolfsh did. But what's he But what's he supposed to He's reacted to the start exactly.
Speaker 2: He was standing in him in his own.
Speaker 7: Business copy though, so he's just allowed to come up and get into it.
Speaker 4: Well, once it starts, it starts. There's no rules after that. But the third man in that well.
Speaker 7: Known for getting involved in things. But he actually was just like all right, that's play.
Speaker 4: I just you know, if they want to stamp that crap out to begin with, don't you don't give a green light to every deckhead you can run up and act like a dickhead. That's all I'm saying, that's right. So I was glad to see. That's one thing I didn't necessarily agree with. Well, I haven't with Ashley Client's performances over the past however long. But I was happy that when you heard on the microphone before eating it happened, he had already said he instigated, he's going to be in I was happy to see that. I was happy to see that because too many, for too long now, too many players think they can just do it and there's no repercussions.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I agree with him, mate, I hope they do future. If the players go there to train, instagut fight and do that, carry on like that, that should.
Speaker 2: Be twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: He would have twenty years ago, he would have walked off the field with his jaw hands.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, do you have an opinion?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: You've been quiet?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I think there's been too much commentary about this. It was such a sensational game, like we should talk about the game. It was a big incident and the meters blowed it up. It was someone gave a verbal and the other guy you know, got a headbut and both of them got the sin bin and they got what they deserved. But around that was just something special we should talk about. And the referee was terrible. Yeah, I'm not a fan of clent A.
Speaker 4: Talking points for controversy corners carryan has been suspended for a week.
Speaker 1: That's different. That's different.
Speaker 5: I thought that was a bit of an accident more than.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you get around that. I don't know how he gets around that.
Speaker 7: Also, Smithers didn't wear a mouth guard. It doesn't run.
Speaker 1: That's an issue. It was. It was forceful contact with the head, shoulders to the head. It's every week it happens. It's one way, I.
Speaker 4: Know, but it's just so it's so unavoidable.
Speaker 5: It looked unavoidable.
Speaker 1: So what made the worst tea is that he's sprinted out of the line. So he's like he didn't get careless, which is three weeks, so this is you can't get away with that.
Speaker 7: One probably counted about eight un called high.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely. We said that he's terrible. Client's terrible. Client is just a terrible referee. But that was like because he charged out of the line.
Speaker 2: Well that's not client. That's the rest of metric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoever, it was, whatever it was It's just that's something that happens every week. That one.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, new Gold Coast coach Josh Hannah has cleaned out sixteen players. We've never heard of tenement, but but yeah, he's cleaned out the you know what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got to give Hannah time and rope. And we had questions on on Jason at Paramount and he's obviously got it right. So just give him rope and they see what happens. But as you said, sixteen kids, we don't even know how to no no, and the other are retiring. Justin Holbrook is the new Newcastle coach. Good luck to it.
Speaker 4: He played there, play they played for him. Yeah, okay, he played for him. Okay, that's even different. Says he knows how to use Dylan Brown and bring the team together.
Speaker 1: So I hope, So yeah, I hope. So look, I didn't and I were talking and we said that there's one club that that should have some sort of success. So I hope. I wish all the best to the whole Brook. It didn't he didn't do a bad job of the Gold case. I don't believe he's done a bad job of the Gold cast. I have for the best you know, I mean, I want Newcastle to do the world because I'll say it again every week. These supporters just turn up in them so competitive at least yea, so good like good luck Jason, good luck Jason.
Speaker 5: And he did win Cups at England as well, so he can't courage. Yeah, so he's probably good in England.
Speaker 8: Do you know which team was I'm pretty sure the Warriors check it Helens Helens, but yeah, he had a lot of success.
Speaker 5: That's what got him to the Titans. So yeah, so he can't coach Wilson Helens mate. It was eighty seven games one seventy eighty percent strike great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, so so yeah, good luck to good luck to all the best him and plus he's been with Robot now for two years. Yeah yeah, he usually picked up some new tricks.
Speaker 4: The next one is in one I can't pronounce his name, Marky Mark from the Roosters.
Speaker 2: So the NRL kind of.
Speaker 1: Go to.
Speaker 4: The NRL has made it him ineligible to win Crazy Any Dadim Award, right, which is which is ridiculous. So I don't know what's more ridiculous that or the fact that the r o PA has announced him as their Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: When did they start handing out a two years ago?
Speaker 7: Started if Orlandi's and he brought that award in in August August? Yeah, crazy a month ago.
Speaker 1: Crazy crazy?
Speaker 5: Or he's going to win the top try scorer. I didn't finish top trive scorer. Yeah, isn't there a.
Speaker 9: Dailium award for the top try score? We can't around this one. It's only if you score under the posts. The amount of times the ones out wore, I don't care.
Speaker 7: I think if coach scores three or four tries that might be even because he's the third finish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't think finals counted.
Speaker 7: It doesn't count. Oh okay, no, I think Look, and I was looking at the rule intensively, so I thought it was ridiculous. But I feel like it's a bit unfair. Like obviously he's very experienced, Mike and Mark, but that's that's like if manny Ardi like played soccer professionally but also played lee a bit on the side, even if he played five games on the professionally on the Gold Coast, he could not go to the n r L and qualify. And if he was that's a feel like that's a bit rough because one of these kids that are starting an arold like Manny's age all the way up until they're also experienced, you know what I mean, But they're just in one code. So I found that like, I like him. I wish you would change jerseys.
Speaker 2: He's been phenomenal. It's fun.
Speaker 1: He's out of control.
Speaker 5: Just to give you a rundown tries, Mikey marks for twenty four. The Hammer's got twenty two, and then you've got add a car, Tupo and coats on nineteen.
Speaker 1: He's five clear? Did he scour tries? Is she twenty four?
Speaker 5: Twenty four tries and twenty two for that?
Speaker 1: Not a season.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that I had that many.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had a good nineteen man. Yeah, he had a great thin in the last game.
Speaker 1: He's go about.
Speaker 4: Scored two lengths of the fields of a couple of weeks. He had a hat trick in the last game. So five tries weeks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think. I think when Nick's watching the Eels, it's like almost to get a bit of a thing going on because you just want them to win. So you're like, wait, we scored, Okay, he's done well here.
Speaker 4: When it comes to the Eels. I wish I had amnesia to trust me. Let's move into finals Week one. So Game one, Storm twenty six points to eighteen over the Bulldogs. The biggest talking point out of this is crich looks like he's.
Speaker 2: Gone for the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is some strange selections by Surrealdo. He dropped money completely, yeah, baby Hayward fifteen miss tackles.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Look, one thing I've got to say about this game, it was a very, very courageous effort by the Dogs to get this far. They got Crichton got injured, kickout was in and out in the first half, he got a bad injury and to go down fourteen twelve at half time, just one penalty goal separating him at half time with all that, yeah, they were, they were is a good effort from the Dogs. It took him to the last three minutes for the Storm to sew it up. Yeah, but credit to the Dogs for keeping it that close. I honestly thought it was going to be a thirteen plus game for the Storm at Melbourne. But the Canary they they went there for for a fight. They held on there courageous but in the end, the Storm without Hughes.
Speaker 2: They haven't been convincing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they haven't been that communient. Harry great made a difference. He absolutely made a huge difference to the to the storm. But yeah, it was a good effort by the dogs, but not good enough to beat Melbourne.
Speaker 7: That's Tulla like because I really liked Tuller is Tulla Tyler and he went out, Yes.
Speaker 5: He got as well.
Speaker 4: That is a massive missing as well. Yeah, yeah, the red one was the strange one for me. I don't know how he was dropped completely, that's crazy. He wasn't even on the bench, No, dropped completely.
Speaker 5: Some people say Master Strope were putting sex in there as if he knew that. He didn't know. There's no way, there's no way. Just worked out that way the sex and can go in. And what an impact he had as soon as he came on. He's going to try first touch.
Speaker 1: But what what what he actually did when he when he came on, is that he completely straightened straightened the attack and then from those straight runs he would pass going into the line all of a sudden because luckie, the poor kid isn't a isn't a genuine halfback. Yeah, so he will drift he drifts and he cramps it up and you know, I mean they go to the sideline. So that's what he done here, That's what he'll do this week again. So yeah, that's and looking and I'm going to put my hand up. A lot of the games, I was in Melbourne, so I didn't have access to a lot of these games. And and I can't believe I didn't watch this, but I've seen all the shorts. Yeah, I've seen the shorts and and I've read the match they reports In the shorts, I did see Harry Grant coming back in guess what John Cress And again he's found another way to mark up the ruck. And I haven't worked that out how what he's doing and how he's done it, But I'll do it next when next time done it. They've they've slowed down the rucks so much. And even even Surroudo said something in his press conference.
Speaker 5: They blocked the guy from getting to the ball. They try they low all over around there. They just try and delay the guy from getting to the ball so they can play dummy up.
Speaker 1: Harry Grant outstanding, Jay's good and one thing I did understand by reading and seeing the shorts all dogs were never going to win, but they just kept on fighting. They did, kept on they did. And it's probably the closest thing you want to get to a modern day in quotations dog Dogs of War, you know what I mean. So it's the closest thing. But you know what, the the thing, the crust of the matter is that storms in the prelim and we're depleted or the sort of depleted, injured, and we're playing this weekend again.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think I think we're still a bit off the Dogs of War.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know since Galvin showed up.
Speaker 1: You got a forty yeah, you know, Yeah, we haven't won many games. I just met this game that we fought and fought. And for that what I'm saying, I don't think we're going to win. I don't think we're ever it looks like we're going to win. But to me, what it looked like that they fought hard. That's all. That's all. I'm alluding a couple.
Speaker 5: Of shout outs. I want to put one. He is the winger from the Dogs, Jethrow Rinkerman. The storm threw a lot of balls at him and he caught every single one of them, so they did very well. The Youngster and Jonah Bezart, he was amazing. He was very good for the Storm game was fantastic.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's doing there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, I hope Saint George anyway, But you what do you think of the game?
Speaker 7: I am I think I think they said that last week the Storm. Ever since they're dancing, they haven't been that great. Actually thought the Dogs were mash them like and it was disappointing. I feel it wasn't this game. I found this game super entertaining, but I feel like some of the games are a little bit flat. But yeah, it's hard when you see like key players go out and I actually really like Stephen Krichton. I think he's good play, but Anari is like awesome and for that to have that impact because you know, and I was saying this to the boys too, I was like, you know, the guys are tired and they're more injury prone. They're pushing hard, and I feel like it's a shame because the Dogs had such a good start to the season. You can't say that you don't think the Dogs will win because the craziest things have happened, right, Like we're always thinking about Broncos last year, because I was listening back to our Bodies room last year about mag coming in and where he shouldn't have Broncos out, and I actually didn't think. I thought we'd just get into the eight, you know, So anything can happen. This is why this time he was crazy. But yeah, I love Harry Grant. He's great. And Pat was so off last week, like I reckon, he's been off for ages and like mentally, so it didn't really make much difference. Yeah, like last week he was just nowhere. I know he got injured, but prior to that he was just nowhere.
Speaker 5: MENI fielded really well for him. Now I thought he was. He's very very late. He was it a grind first, it was. It was very different. Both teams were going at it. But look it ended up four tries to three in the end, so there was a bit of a grind fest. Yeah, it was a bit of a mistake fest to Yeah, there was a feuderal balls.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but Storm get a week off and the Bulls. I fight to live another day, live to fight another day.
Speaker 5: Also in order to give us three points for these games now and he's given three, he's three two one. Harry Granny gave three points. He gave Keck out of the two and he gave one point for Jane.
Speaker 1: What he's doing, I don't know what he's doing it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The following day, the Warriors at home went down to the Panthers twenty four points to eight. He's I think the Warriors have lost seven out of their last nine or something like that. Yeah, pen did what they had to do. It was a pretty boring game. I thought, Yeah, would you guys think.
Speaker 7: Well pass Like a minute he saw the rain come down, He's like, Mom, you want to kind away?
Speaker 5: I thought you'd do that it's raining.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, it was boring. I think this game like, it's just.
Speaker 4: It was uneventful, depending of things. I just went through the motions, didn't put up much of a fight. Yeah, look the way I saw it.
Speaker 5: The only thing that surprised me in this game was a half time score was six to two. Yeah it was. It was six to two. So the Warriors defensively, we're doing okay. They were shutting him down, they were they were trying to hold them out, and they did. And then Ivan got him in the sheds and had a few more words than he usually says, because he probably doesn't say any words anyway, and then they just came out found ways. Nathan Cleary was just controlling enough of that. Like there was one time when I think after the Warriors scored, you can seal Penrith a sort of a bit of on the back foot, and then Cleary kicked early, put it in the corner, and I don't think the Warriors got out of that that half. He just controlled everything and then they just twenty four eight. They wore him down. Basically. It was just boring, but it works the job. They went through the motions in the end.
Speaker 4: It's it's a tough I mean, we'll get to it, but it's tough to predict how they'll go this week in the Dogs because I didn't feel like they got out a second year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looked that way anyway, And it's not the whole worried about injuries and stuff. Let's just play it not to get injured.
Speaker 4: The Warriors really didn't put up much of.
Speaker 5: They try it, but they couldn't in the first half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did a boid?
Speaker 5: He's trying, man, he's.
Speaker 7: Kid it's good.
Speaker 5: He was good. Yeah, but yeah, Penris just said the ants all the time. Brighton taught had a blinder. He was probably one of his best goings for a while. Made over two hundred and fifty meters or something.
Speaker 4: So is there any any truth to those reports? Was making comments lude comments about his teammates. I think, did you write no.
Speaker 7: It's about clear as missus. They're at a barbecue or something and he said something Apparently he's just got like this gest joker mentality. Yeah, but also like she probably just can't give it back to him anyways, she's been blown out. I haven't looked that much into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's just a drama crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, did you read about it, Artie?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I heard some of the stuff. It was funny, but I can't remember him too well. But it was like, I don't know, I just say, a guy who's married to a girl named Meghan, he goes the Megan's measure, and now the other guy that's married to Kylie that Kylie. I don't know, Like it were just lit words of that and it was sold. It was fun, but yeah, it was a bit offensive too, So I can understand why some people would have taken a little bit offensive.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, when you got to bring the size of a peanut, that's what you can expect.
Speaker 5: These things go out there. That would have been in a private little function there, just wucking around and it went out.
Speaker 2: Because that's the world we're living.
Speaker 5: No, that's sad, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's just fun anything else on this game not really struggled to keep honest. I thought the next game was much better. The Sharks twenty points to ten over the Roosters in front of a full capacity crept a crowd of three hundred and thirty six.
Speaker 10: Last time, thank god the time for the last one. Seriously, that that stadium, but what what's the game there? It's their own stadium. And so what happened was that they owned all the land around the Nicola. So what they did is they didn't sell it.
Speaker 1: They gave it to a developer for the developer to give them money back. Yeah yeah, but what happens is it doesn't give him lump sound, it gives them or what if you need or buy you well they want because the club isn't appen it's still on No is the ground they Oh no, the ground isn't finished. It that they're probably going to fix the ground. They're not finishing. They're not fixing nothing, and they're don't fixing nothing. Crazy, So I don't know. It's they're a mess. But you know what the good thing is they could play their week in in week out. That's fine if they want the player, you know, for four hundred seed stadium. But in the semi finals they won't let him do that because it's in our raw money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they won't let him do that anymore.
Speaker 1: That won't let them.
Speaker 2: So well, they get the week half. So where's the next game? Who Sharks?
Speaker 5: No, Sharks playing Raiders, but they play the Raiders now?
Speaker 2: Yeah the bottom? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sorry, where is that at home?
Speaker 7: Camera?
Speaker 2: It's camera camera?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 7: He just gets ald wing, this doesn't he?
Speaker 1: They came first?
Speaker 4: Something I love watching Rick came first. I love watching his press.
Speaker 2: He was he was livid. Well, I guess they've said a prisoner.
Speaker 1: Yea, what did you see this?
Speaker 4: We'll get to that sharks. Sharks really are class of roosters. They both already said before they where they normally four. They really lifted in every every era roosters went bad. It didn't sunm like a bad game.
Speaker 2: What you what do you guys do?
Speaker 5: So I love the roosters. I was playing real class attention this one and this is this is the turning point for me. Right It was six four within in the first half and right in the dying minutes Cornella got to twelve four at half time and I thought that was the big turning point for me. Because second half the Russ came out. They scored forty seventh minute or whatever in but they were just panic mode. You can till they're a young team, and they just started throwing the ball around. They made a couple of breaks actually, and as they were getting their last ball he dropped it like Crichton would have discord. But they were just rushing and you can tell it was signs of a young team. And that's why Robbo came out at the end of it and said, you know what, I'm not too sad about this because what I saw today I can see is going to be good for the future.
Speaker 2: And it was.
Speaker 5: It was a real grind at the start at the first half, but second half Coronulla did not make one error. They defended and repelled the Russ as much as they can. I was waiting for one repeat said from Shark. They wouldn't do it. They were phenomenal for Noel Blake came on, the other guy, the other big forward came on, Rudolph. They were outstanding making the meters. Niko Hines, Brayden Trindle, they all stood up and this is the best I've seen the Sharks playing finals. And you know, you don't know who this team. They might surprise again this week.
Speaker 1: Well, so their benches for four was basically and they just keep on rolling. So they So what happens is they've worked that out for some unknown reasons, somehow they've worked out how to win finals games. Now if they win more, I don't know. But you've worked out the series. They worked out the second winning seven, worked out the formulas. That's not they've worked out the formula. Yeah, they've got to go forwards.
Speaker 2: What's your name, Ronaldo?
Speaker 1: It was it was a big and he was.
Speaker 4: Going, everyone shut up. You know, I told you take it easy to do. You're playing again this week? Yeah, the second finals winning seven attempts. Let's not get too excited just yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and what what I believe is that some of the youngsters on the Roosters, the same Walker this and that they didn't in the in the semi finals. You've got to go square, he was going a little bit wide. Yeah, yeah, learn learn.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, then they're not a team for this year. The Roosters that are a team for next year and beyond. And in terms of Cronella, well there's no more excuses. Like we said, there's no more excuses. They've been in and around the the eighth. They've got play well yeah, okay, they've been in and around the eighth. They've got the coach wanted, the phenol, Blake and a few other pieces. He's got everything he wants, so they've got no chooses.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Blake Bradley was phenomenal to to me, it was fantastic. The hooker, Yeah, it was brilliant.
Speaker 1: It was just.
Speaker 5: Everywhere, shoot out a lot. Yeah, he's an origin player. Mate, Like what about you, Tanya, would you think I am?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I like Mike and Mark and I like Sam Walker. That's pretty much. But yeah, seeing Tedesco run after the ref to try and change decisions, it was really really fun. But side note, good thing for the week, which you guys may have already looked at or addressed, but just to add it in here, I saw this thing about Katoa, so I know if you guys have seen it, but he was doing an interview and he was saying that when he first started out with the Sharks, that he was on like what seventy five k or something, and obviously like to train and get the boots and the gear and stuff. He it wasn't a lot of money. They just had a baby as well, and he would go out at midnight and collect all the bottles and cans from the bins so he could put them in the ten cent machine like the recycling thing. He's like, I went out at midnight because I didn't want people to see me because obviously I was known. I think it was a couple of years ago. I'll find it and say it to you guys. And there were times where obviously his wife was like working or she was sleeping, so he had the baby in the car while he was collecting stuff from the cans. And for me, like obviously being a mum and everything else. But that's probably one of the things that's like changed my opinion towards when watching the Sharks play and you know, it's kind of like shit, a psyche being on like seventy k whatever. But when when he said that, I was just like, and I watch him really closely now, like clean play out. He just grinds it out. He's you know, tries to make sure he doesn't kind of you know, stuff up too much. And that was and I like Mulatado, like he's a unit. But I think he's a really really good player. And I think he said Brayley absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 4: Club.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, but that katoa story like when I think about the Sharks, now I think about that, and yeah, I just wanted to drop that in there. But this is really good. This game. I actually thought the Roses would win, but I did tip the Sharks. But I actually thought the Races will win. But normally they just come out, you know, cranking. And I was talking to the boys, and I said, these two teams should be used to finals, like even if there's you know, younger people on the team, but as you know, as a club, they should be used to finals. But we see obviously the younger guys just get a little bit more you know, scared or frazzled in these But I quite like this game. I thought it was way more interesting than the Warriors Panthers one. But yeah, I'll find the Katara thing and send it to you guys. But I thought that was really, really lovely.
Speaker 4: So the next game has been labeled one of the best finals ever.
Speaker 7: Best game ever. I think Johnson said it was probably one of the best games he's ever seen.
Speaker 4: To me, it was the last half an hour. Like you know how people talk about the twenty fifteen Grand Final, They said that's one of the best ever. I thought it was one of the most boring I've ever seen until the last half an hour, which was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But Nick, Nick, my messages to you, I'm going to pass out.
Speaker 1: I'm going to.
Speaker 4: When the Raiders made it, I think it was twenty eight when they made it, twenty eight to whatever it was, I said to Oz washing it and I said, I said, I'm going to go out and grab a barbecue chicken and I'll be back in fifteen minutes, right, And then he called me and he said, get the fuck back here. It's twenty eight or what. So I got so I missed that part and I got back just in time for extra time, which I haven't seen that format before. By the way, it was extra time, no golden point, and the golden point.
Speaker 5: Followed semi finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what.
Speaker 2: That looks like, Why do the rules change now?
Speaker 5: They had it before. That's all famous game with breadon Aston where he kick the fielder one hundred and second minute or something against the Tigers. Yeah, I think I had it then, but it hasn't happened before. That's what happened.
Speaker 2: I think that was the last time the Tigers made the semis.
Speaker 5: That was so that was forteen years ago.
Speaker 1: It's very rare that any semi finals getting get into a two. So but yeah, a two for ten was it. I got back, I got back home and I said what happened? He gave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 4: And then obviously as soon as as soon as it was over, I put it back and rewatched that last twenty minutes or whatever. Amazy He came back on the field after he seen him. Yeah, that's one of the best performances I've seen. Same same he too. They identified they must have done a training, identified a problem between that right side, yeah and foggy, and they just kept on going to the world, kept on going to the wall. And when when risk came back on after a ten minute rest. We had to point the proven tre that he proved.
Speaker 2: How good was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, didn't have a good miss chesy conversion which would have given him that two point buffer as well.
Speaker 1: You would you would have thought on that game he would have had six from six or whatever. Much kicked but he missed missed too.
Speaker 2: But one of them was very comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because because in general play didn't do much with his legs with his he kicked. He kicked out in terms of terms of the Bronco one of tanyures, I think one of the youngster's favorite players contain his stags. Well, he has a huge game if he's got If he's not the pretty close to the valuable player with playing hussle on that team, how all of a sudden with one you can get him out.
Speaker 4: Of You guys have Billy Waters for the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't a c L.
Speaker 1: When he played.
Speaker 7: He was a bit he was a bit flat in his I thought played compared to previous games.
Speaker 4: He's a bit more for them pay well anyway, Yeah, let's them off the bench.
Speaker 7: Literally this this game. Were sitting there and I was like, all right, we need to try because I was tried to sallowed something and then I was like, I can krapani or ship a psaki and it was like Carpani scored and ship a psychi and the boys are like and we if you can imagine, imagine if it's like bulldogs, eels, dragons and imagine like kids younger and you know this is like you've been waiting all week for this game, and like I remember we were watching it and I was like, oh no, it's done, and Corey went to go and it was when they kicked that that penalty. It wasn't a penalty, it was a try. They got to still out at the end, Cray was like, I'm just going to go get ready for family dinner. And then Money and I were holding hands and we're like wait, We're like wait, come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was a strange because I thoughtably left that back too. Yeah on his hand, I mean.
Speaker 4: I was laughing my ass off when it was just a loud crazy but I was surprised.
Speaker 2: I thought it went backwards.
Speaker 1: Well three times. The Raiders celebrated, thinking they'll got they won and that that might be I have not but that might be an issue this week for him because they must be emotionally drained.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that might be I think for those guys to play an extra ten to fifteen minutes. And obviously me, I was avidly reading everything about it. I was waiting for the decision to come out. But apparently when Patty and Reese were in the they got sinbind at the same time. Patty was like, look, even if it happened, He's like, just don't worry about it now. He's like, let's just go out and just get play footy, like because he basically was like, this isn't gonna We're not going to carry on acting this way. You just go out and play footy. And while she was like, he's like a big brother to me. That changed everything, and it changed like and he just went I had to go out there because I left my team out there for ten minutes without us, And he's like, it just went out and that last major.
Speaker 1: Actually what I heard they got the walkie talkie to him when he was in symbin Majie absolutely spraying, imagine in the Madge way. I don't know, well I sprayed for images, but apparently he said it himself. Thing said said it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, I always said it about Wall. She like, he just needs to play. He just needs to not think and he just needs to play. That's it. Because he has this unique talent where it is completely instinctual.
Speaker 4: He's an easy target and he was targeted.
Speaker 11: He's easily baited. He's easily baited. That's what happens to maturity. He does things that other people just can't do. And that's what I love watching any player who can do things that like, can do things that other.
Speaker 4: Players all around performance. When he came back on he did everything.
Speaker 7: But a few of that players like every week if you guys think back, but Peter Corre every week is like it's a high tackle. And then obviously now he's fractured his chickbone like a few of the guys can get smashed of course. And I think from not you guys, you guys are very respectful, but from the people I know in Sydney, Broncos is not a loved team either.
Speaker 1: Surprised a lot of Bronco supporters Sydney.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just a Mariner. I love Mariner. You know she was psycheping back after his you know, fun night out of the town that he will probably regret and CARAPANI like just workhorses and stags, love stags, and Manny's absolute favorite.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he does things that other players can't do either. You better be such. He's got to be. He's got to be on that Kangaroo Tour. I'm not sure if the team, but he's got to be on the Kangaroo too.
Speaker 7: Seriously, but I'm still not over this game.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, wheed thinking about it all the stuff. Imagine the fans if you, if you, if you listen to Talk Back or s c N, you don't know what. I don't listen to Brisbane much Brisbane c N. That's that's on Everybody's on everybody's lips, even on g B. I mean, my wife all of a sudden knows about the game because listens to B and they're all talking about it.
Speaker 4: Ben To forty made a field goal while she hit the crossbar from over That's true. Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, I mean will be.
Speaker 7: Everyone's saying that Hunt and I it's Hunt the Redeemer for twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, but he did.
Speaker 7: Ardie, you watched this live? Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you think look, the Raiders had it won once they had it won. This game not once three times, and I just thought, man, the gods are against them. Man, how can they lose this game like the Broncos did phenomenally. Well, that was awesome. But I thought back to remember last week when I said that the Raiders have only lost one game to the top eight side, and that was the Bulldogs when they were leading twenty nil and they let it go. When the Broncos started making a comeback, I thought, don't tell me, they're going to let this one go as well. I saw shades of that. They just put the Q in the rack and they were just looking at the clock. They're looking at the clock and it's just a sign of immaturity.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 5: You can see their young tea and they'll learn very young. They're going to learn from this. And it was one of the best. I love this game. I thought it was very far from the beginning. It was just flowing.
Speaker 2: It was just fast.
Speaker 4: It's the one I was looking forward to the most. Yeah over the weekend. Yeah it really was. But I lived, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 5: But I've never seen a guy like Walsh come on and make such a difference in that fifteen minute.
Speaker 1: That was crazy.
Speaker 5: He just changed the game. That it was phenomenal to the person forty twenty set up a try, scored a try, like he did everything, all his bag of tricks.
Speaker 1: Just out there.
Speaker 2: You know, it almost kicked for a goal.
Speaker 5: And he looked calm and composed. It didn't even look like, oh you know, I got it, I got this, I got this.
Speaker 2: It was just he was.
Speaker 7: Doing the He got in trouble for flipping people off. Yes, I was reading it in today because as he was walking off the Raiders, because he read I don't know if it's to reach you guys yet, but this week he spoke about being a single dad with his four year old. Now, a few months ago a lot of people were talking about his four year old daughter online in a bad way as well. And the Raiders fans that he flipped off we're doing we're talking.
Speaker 2: About his daughter.
Speaker 4: That was an absolute crocs shit because the people in the tunnel who were saying, you couldn't hear a damn thing when he walked.
Speaker 5: Off the film, that was Broncos covering it up.
Speaker 4: But the other thing to it, the crowd was given it to him.
Speaker 5: That was given and he was just giving it back to him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you've got the he cops a lot of ship does right, and even from me. But also I would not make it long in the n R L if I.
Speaker 1: Heard one thing about Yeah, it doesn't help.
Speaker 4: It doesn't help when you feel yourself drinking out of a toilet bowl and you stick it on.
Speaker 7: He was checking the border. Okay, you know.
Speaker 1: What The reason cops a lot of ship to you is because he's something special and everybody knows it because it was someone in Ridges who keeps the flying if you know what I mean, or feels you know what I mean, some some you know, sir George player.
Speaker 4: He flipped the fans off in the best way possible. We came back on exactly. He came back on the field, did what he did.
Speaker 1: And for the journals you got to find. So let's move on.
Speaker 7: But the thing is that the biggest role to pr is if they still talk about you. You're always present, right, So that's that's he's perfect in the way that he's doing it. But but yeah, I think it's just you know, you can say whatever about because also he's now Polish. It's because his daughter paints his nails. She's four before a game. That's why he is now.
Speaker 4: Polish like that story.
Speaker 1: You're the best thing about all this society and for you especially, he's twenty two. Yeahine, imagine when he learns how to play rugby league. My brother was wearing now a Polish in the eighties. For me, but I.
Speaker 7: Would say that that game was brilliant and it's probably two of the best fullbacks on that field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you care? Which was good to me?
Speaker 4: He's a young youngster and yeah, and Hudson young for me, had the best game of killed and he just he just he just he's he's he's he's, uh, he's young.
Speaker 2: You know what back back?
Speaker 5: Do you know what I saw the two I saw the two best fullbacks going at each other. But I also saw the two best front rollers, Tappery and hass. It's a pity Huff got injured he was playing sore and Hauss if they're not the two best. Tarpane is a gun. He was going hard at it and he's a true captain. But yeah, it was is half one hundred percent of this.
Speaker 1: Week, I hope.
Speaker 4: So in typical Fox wats fashion, if you look at the article from this afternoon, it says Broncos lose player for the rest of the season, and it's a prado of half. It's about Billy Waters.
Speaker 2: Honestly, this.
Speaker 1: Paying even though not one leg he'll He'll play because they need him to play. He's the most valuable player because he sets everything around him. The first time I watched it was for entertainment. The second one I was watching it technically. Okay, the Stags and pain Hauss are too much valuable plays in it. Yeah, they need them.
Speaker 5: And I'm like a criticos I thought Ben Hunt right was didn't didn't play well at all. Apart from that field goal. If you watch that game, he did nothing like he was doing some really unnecessary I saw shades of St. George form. Then he wasn't doing much and I was I was going for Raiders, I'm going give it to Hunt, give it. Knew nothing and then he kicked the field goal. I said, what, what could he do that with the Dragons? But anyway he did that field goal was really good. So before that he did nothing.
Speaker 7: So what I would say Walter isn't underwhelming for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, in terms of Ben what he has done, and I'm talking about with his open all he has to do is organize everything because because shored you a couple of weeks ago, a month ago, I would give Reese the keys of the castle. That's what they've done. They've given him the keys of.
Speaker 4: The classic striker role. Yeah, you can do nothing for eighty nine minutes as long as you scored.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to I'm going to impress you like like in Zagi you see a gold muf screable and you see he's like, you're going out like this.
Speaker 4: He scored four thousand, four hundred and eighty eight goals and I've never seen one good one. They're all just scrappy, scrappy.
Speaker 1: Nicole told me that years ago.
Speaker 2: I never seen one nice goal. I can remember.
Speaker 5: What does it say now for isral mam g back before finals or I know Reynolds is quite a chance. What's going to happen there with that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, used before we do the things, they could use both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get used before, you getting used before.
Speaker 2: Us to on that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I was reading that, Yeah, and either the ground used to I was reading that Hunt to get Reynolds, and they might move Hunt around. But obviously Walters can't play anymore and you don't have Karragan in the next game. I don't know. Mike is one their salary cap.
Speaker 4: Okay, so just so, just yeah, I don't know if to be back or not.
Speaker 5: Apparently Reynolds is fit for the next game, but I don't know about mam.
Speaker 7: They said, but they said that this week. They said Reynolds fit for this game.
Speaker 5: Fit for this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah for this week, playing morning games.
Speaker 4: No Man's coming next week for christ Stephen been named this week.
Speaker 5: I reckon that Reynolds was close to playing against Ray.
Speaker 2: Has been named.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Magore wouldn't change a winning team. You don't change a winning team. I can guarantee you if Reynolds is it was fit last week, He's not going to change a winning team. I can guarantee it was.
Speaker 4: He wasn't fit like it was. It wasn't a convincing win. It came down to the last second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the last six weeks they've been winning that way. And I wouldn't changed the winning team because that means all of a sudden, the keys go to Renolds, not not. I wouldn't magic.
Speaker 5: I know it's going to be interesting next year.
Speaker 7: Men will probably be back next year.
Speaker 1: Of course. Yeah, it was lotstraight, but it was one.
Speaker 7: Of the and it was so funny. I was telling me because we went to family dinner where every Sunday we try and go, and his sister was there too. She's an avid Broncos fan. She's like screaming, she got like an ice packed her head, and I was like, what happened. She's like, I was watching the game and I was walking to get something out of my car, and I pretty much like knocked myself out in the door. I was like, it's alright, I've had a Broncos really Like the boys literally did nick like a full soccer thing, took their shirt off, also took their pants off.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: That's so good for my.
Speaker 7: Kids to see that type of game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. You know what, you look, you know what. You have to wait a long long time to watch a se a game like that. I can't remember the last time I saw a game of of that much entertainment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: The quality is a different scenario that much of the entertainment, because there was times there was so much off off their feet, there was no shape for both teams. Now there's no shape or structure they just mulled through a set and kicked and they would just be just a group behind the the dummy hat just because they were so exhausted wasn't anything else.
Speaker 7: It's just going. Look, we can go into like Wall should have been sent off the whole time, like what about Nelson? Who and also Smither's head bettered someone like I don't know four weeks ago to nothing happened there. It just got to find or do we go which was a better team and who won?
Speaker 1: Or who won? Who was a better Team's two different things. Reese was the better team on the day, was the best best team on the comp over eighty minutes. I can say camer was the better team, but it doesn't matter. Who won. Yeah, over eighty minutes, not over one hundred and twenty whatever, it was over eighty but that doesn't matter. Who cares. I guess what I look at the school boards. So and Reese was the best player team on the on the this was the best team.
Speaker 5: On And like you said, games are about moments, and all those moments belong to Reese. That's what they wanted to.
Speaker 1: All those big moments.
Speaker 4: So this this Saurday, so much, this Saturday back in camera. The Raiders face the Sharks. How do they pick themselves up against the Sharks? Team is full of confidence.
Speaker 7: I wasn't really asked, and he was like, because you wouldn't watch that neck. I need to pick myself up and I need to pick them up.
Speaker 2: And I couldn't stop. I couldn't stop laughing. Watch.
Speaker 4: I said, well, now they've said a price, and I guess head buttons are okay?
Speaker 1: Love it. You know what I said last week that I was scared if Cambra lost this, they'll go bang bang out. But this got this, this feeling in the happened. But you know, if that, if Ricky can pick them up, because guess what you're you're getting a Canola team who are very physical and sort of worked out that they've got to go through the front door because they never tried to go through the front door. So they're going to go through the front door. So they're going to get physically and mentally drained over eighty minutes. So they've got to reach that standard that they played again again. Now can they do it? Yeah? I want to see I want to see what I saw Sunday again. I want to see that in the Grandfroond. I'm dying to look for the both games this week. Yeah, I'm dying to see so I want I want I want Camera to win because I want to see that. I want to see a rematch. But they've got to do it. They've got to pick themselves up.
Speaker 2: I'm still thinking Raiders broncast Grand.
Speaker 5: A good thing about them playing last week. They can now meet in the Grand Farm, which I if they like that, please do it. But yeah, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 5: I think they will lift up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: They're a young, eager team, you know what I mean, youngsters, So they're just going to keep saying.
Speaker 7: It's like it's Raiders Broncos. I will be in Sydney with everyone getting tickets because I feel like not many. Actually it will probably sell out. But I think talking about like next week, would you say, because what weeks is amazing up against Kennedy, Like.
Speaker 4: I don't know who would you be going for? Would I be allowed to come to the well Nick.
Speaker 6: To the game came guarantee the week came to the Dragon's game and obviously who won it.
Speaker 4: And then when we went up to Suncorp Stadium. We're walking to the stadium She's saying to me, you've got to come here next you for the Origin game. When we're walking out of the stadium, You're not You're not coming here next to you for the Origin game.
Speaker 7: Well, I was thinking more for the the Terada's Broncos in the final, and I said it to Penals and he was like, Mom, this is a six year old addie. He's like, I'm not watching any semi finals or finals games with me, and I was like, I can't just sleep.
Speaker 2: Had I'll be going for the Broncos in the final.
Speaker 1: Hey, you go Brons.
Speaker 7: Of course, Nick, if you didn't.
Speaker 4: Regardless, I'd love to watch Ricky sure in the losing Grand Final press conference again.
Speaker 1: I just want to see that again.
Speaker 5: I want to see that.
Speaker 4: I want to see what's going to happen on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Okay, what a what a question? You know what? In theory, Raiders should win, and I want Raiders to win because I want to see that again. But again, I've got this Bill in the pit of my guard. If Ricky can't bring him up all the way, all the way mentally, physically, they'll get over it mentally because they celebrated three times.
Speaker 2: Will the Sharks be ready for it.
Speaker 1: I think that will be I think okay, from all the semi finals they've had next this week, they'll be more ready than any other time.
Speaker 2: Are they going to target Cambers? Right?
Speaker 1: Exactly the same thing. You go back to the world, you go back to Ricky, keep that the same can to keep that. He wouldn't write this at this time of the year. He won't change, can't make changes. You can't make changes. You're going to have week Are you gonna have standing next to uh to the halfback? And God help us?
Speaker 4: It's an interesting candum when we talk about the next game. Yeah, yeah, it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: The good thing about this is the same seventeen, so they haven't got many injury worries. So you're going to have two strength, strong teams playing.
Speaker 1: You know what this week could we could this game could be another. Nothing could be like what we saw, but it could be another. It could be Yeah, this could go to any time.
Speaker 7: Mainly beat them by four, Raiders beaten by four. But they're only meeting this year in April, and last year Shark smash them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the last year. Yeah, we're not looking at the last year.
Speaker 7: Well, I know about like it's more that that's only if we look at super generic stats.
Speaker 2: Was was that?
Speaker 1: Was that the prison.
Speaker 7: April?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: At camera in Canberra. But I just I don't know. I I'm really outside of playing the Broncos. I really like the Raiders, but I feel like it's going to win.
Speaker 2: Really do you guys? I'm going Sharks.
Speaker 8: I want then to see the same thing. I'm going Raiders. They've got a good record. Sharks have got a bad record of jo but the Raiders, I reckon we'll lift. I reckon they're going to be pumped to win this because they're going to be so pissed after the last week.
Speaker 4: There's actually quite a few Broncos supported there last week as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah there was. I noticed that.
Speaker 7: The reason the reason why is that like for me, like dad was in the RAF, I was born in Makai. There's a raft bass in Canberra, so that would be a few.
Speaker 1: Queenslanders in saying that, and off air we'll speaking about afternoon football team. What what what? What a great site three o'clock, full house like sun and then we got that. So there's there's some sort of coloration. I'm sure there's some sort of you know it can't be. It can't be coincidence that three clock game produced that.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with the losing teams getting a home semifinal in the second semi final.
Speaker 5: Losing top four, the finished top four, you get somefore you.
Speaker 4: Get, you get the avenge when you get the first home semi. After that, it should be neutral.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you come second and third you don't get a home semi, no one at.
Speaker 4: All, No one should other than one or two in my opinion, But they got, they got the home final, they lost it, and now they get another one. For me, it should be neutral in week two. I believe that's just my opinion.
Speaker 5: I think all should be neutral.
Speaker 4: Used to I said last week, that makes perfect sense. I remember every semi was at the SFA.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that's coming soon because the land has worked out that he can pack.
Speaker 2: Up twice as many tickets for this game.
Speaker 1: I think it's worked that out. So and remember all these seats, all these tickets, and are all money not club money.
Speaker 2: I know your advantage in week one.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should carry over and get for a loss get in week one.
Speaker 7: But I really hope the Raiders win. But I just I'm not sure because I think I've been emotional in terms.
Speaker 4: Of like tipping and look, you know, any anything anything.
Speaker 1: So like I said, I don't know, I really don't know. All I know is I want to see that again. That's one honestly, I want to see that again.
Speaker 4: It was Sunday after Happy Place, Someday afternoon four or five in Homebush. Can Bulldogs be the team to break the Panthers winning streak?
Speaker 1: A good question.
Speaker 7: The Bulldog's home game.
Speaker 1: It is one thing I do know. I think they're trying to break the all time semi final attendance records on is it Sunday Sunday? And you know what, they'll come close to it, so it'll be a big Bulldog contingents there. Can they will travel to Mate, Yeah, there might. There might be eight to ten thousand Panthers more than that, yeah, possibly possibly, because they're saying they're going to get sixty sixty plus thousand people there. They're same, Yeah, and sixty eight is the record.
Speaker 5: I think because playing finals, therefore, I refuse to go to that ground.
Speaker 1: I can't see too big Homebush. I can't honestly, I can't see it's too big. You should you should go, but it's just too big. I can't see. You know, Paramount Stadium where you went, that's my favorite Sydney ground.
Speaker 7: Love that stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is good.
Speaker 1: Wherever you sit there you can see it's the best ground. And if you go to Allian's in the city, it's just a bigger version of that. And that's it's news. So it's nice. But anyway, uh, you know what, I think olds are depleted, and I know he doesn't look like they're depleted on paper because I just went through and it's.
Speaker 5: Not Mate Sherry and crighton and Burton in the Senate.
Speaker 1: That's good center.
Speaker 4: You know, I looked at it for the first time this season. He's playing Burton in the center.
Speaker 1: Yep, which we all say that he's a center and not.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, all year he's been five yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, he's got he's got he's.
Speaker 5: Got a class he's a class center. He's got He's got no center there, that's any reason. Because of Crichton, Yeah, because of and plus Ta's gone, so they've lost their backup center and they've lost the art crich and so.
Speaker 4: With a new halfs pairing in your in your first sudden death match. Yeah, he's got it's forced forced upon himself.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 5: You know what, Money's been named on the seventeen.
Speaker 1: He's in the seventies.
Speaker 5: Seventeenth. Yeah, that was on the bench.
Speaker 1: You know what, I think, what what happened last week, what happened again? I think is going to try the hardest, the gonna you know, grind away. But by the end of the game, I think pendrofl will come over the top of them in some sort of form. And and and and this is the game which will tell us if pen is even in the conversation, because at the moment they're not in the conversation. They just made the eighth And this will tell us if they're in the conversation of any of anything. But I think that I think penderfil win here not well. But I think penderful I don't know. I'm just not comfortable with tinkering with the lineup so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's injury for us. It's not as if he's center. He could put in. It's pretty he's lost.
Speaker 1: He's lost that other young back he's on the wing.
Speaker 5: He played well, he played.
Speaker 4: Does that mean They're going to lose Burton's boot at the end of every since is the issue that hopefully they've they've hopefully they've worked out a way to get him close to the rug so you can kick.
Speaker 1: So what res done was was very interesting. Reece stood behind the player the ball okay, and then the marker would go one way, which will push the markers are like on the left and Reece will come up on the right and kick forty twenties or kick from there. So what I'm saying is I hope they find a way to get Burton the kick because both are sexy and and luckier. I got not long game long games. The other issue is that with Matt Burton's kicking game, he gets us out of a lot of gets us out of a lot of shit. Because this forward pack, God bless them, they try really hard. So we talk about Lucky. Our forward pack can't give Lucky the space or the room or the role for him to do his thing. I mean, and that's the truth. And and that's why when Sexy comes and straightens up and goes straight, well, he brings the he brings the pack behind him, and he makes the defense come up and stop That's why he looks like he's more effective than he because like he goes in and out straight away, you know what I mean. So our forward pack's got a lot to answer for, you know what. They work hard and they try hard, and we're probably a couple of years away from from a decent pack apparently because there's some kids coming to decent pack.
Speaker 5: They've got a very good come talking about it.
Speaker 1: Don't go there. I'm talking about origin forwards. Man. You thinking about you've got talking, you've got president. I'm talking about a premiership winning given to us.
Speaker 4: Give the last time, last time, last time Burton played in the centers would have been so clearly have a plan.
Speaker 1: We must have and that's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Target him.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely, I'm sure. I'm sure over I'm sure, Yeah, I'm sure got plans.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's he's burton attitude going to be where it needs to be because he's had a tremendous year. He's been praised for being a great number six and now he's been pushed out to the center.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he wouldn't be happy about it.
Speaker 5: And isn't it talk they're going to release him early?
Speaker 2: So now he's the one.
Speaker 4: So now he's the one who has to accommodate Galvin'll see the third or fourth one now.
Speaker 5: But the talk they're going to release, they're happy to release him early, so to the Bears or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it must be pretty I'll say again, this kid was better becoming an immortal coming a model.
Speaker 7: I don't know with this game. I just like, I think it's.
Speaker 4: A tough one because I don't think Penans are all that then the really and they weren't really tested last week and.
Speaker 1: They're not all that they Yeah, it's a tough one for me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like Smith stuffed up a few times, hasn't returned the same like.
Speaker 2: He last week we did.
Speaker 5: He was amazing, he was.
Speaker 7: Really good, But like I feel like it's a slow start that he's coming into returning. But I don't know. I don't know if bulldogs get like a like a fire up there.
Speaker 2: Are and they have to.
Speaker 4: This is sudden death, So these games are I love sudden.
Speaker 7: If it was by a percent, I would say Penrith, but I wouldn't feel like.
Speaker 4: I'm tipping pendate but not confidently. Yeah, I think I think the Bulldogs, like George mentioned earlier they'll test warriors did Yeah, they won't go down. No, they won't go down easy, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well told me on the Melbourne game they worked hard all and and and this will happen the same. So what what Penrith has got to be Canterbury? I'm sure Melbourne Canterbury.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like there's no here you go. He's the he's the he's the he's the victory. You got to beat it. So Canberra goes he's the victory.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, this will be the first time in sixty pends get eliminated before the ground final.
Speaker 5: If that happens, level man, I think will go comfortably this week. To be honest, I think the way they've been the last this is their bread and butter. They love these games. They thrive like this game. He is like they're jumping to joy the game play.
Speaker 2: It's amazing to think they're sitting there.
Speaker 5: They were just like last year. They're playing in pajamas. And then when I got to the finals, the same.
Speaker 4: When you look at this game, if you just change that date, it's first versus last. If you change that date three four months, it's first versus last.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other thing which which will keep this team together stylistically the very very much the similar sort of Yeah, they want to do so teams to go about things differently to get the same result. These two do go around the same way to get the same result.
Speaker 4: Interesting during the week that, for all successes had and we all know how good he's been, he hasn't been at a club when they've won the premiership since two thousand and two, exactly controlling, Yeah, which means you need to sack him if you want to get the chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Sorry, So when Ricky Stewart flew his only ring in his first season, that's when Phil Good was there. Yeah, that's the last time Phil has been at a club that's won the premiership.
Speaker 5: The thing that stands out for me here is like like dogs balls, dogs balls. I've got to say is Nathan Cleary and Tlangi has been excellent the last few weeks. He's been excellent up against sext And and Lockey. Do you honestly think that Cleary is not going to plant a target the spot is lucky and you think Cleary is not going to do anything to make him uncomfortable? Mate, Those two halves don't match the other two from panis going.
Speaker 2: To get a lot of traffic.
Speaker 5: He's going to get a lot lot of traffic, a lot of traffic.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so if so, whoever.
Speaker 7: Wins this game, So Panthers win, we play them at our home next week the following week.
Speaker 2: Is that right side? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, you don't leave now.
Speaker 6: The final Panthers bronzets, how cracky you guys?
Speaker 2: Be a great final. There's going to be carnige out of this game.
Speaker 7: It'll be look whoever like Broncos at home. Besides, when I'm watching a game with Nick, we're pretty.
Speaker 4: Good he'll be home anywhere we know any son called, don't worry. Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 5: This is this should be a good game, will be a grind, but Ale come in.
Speaker 4: I think I think pen will win, but I don't think it'll be I think it'll be closer than people.
Speaker 1: How did Alic go?
Speaker 5: Very good? Very good? Poor Jenkins year. Then it comes to the final later.
Speaker 1: You know what, I found it surprising, but I guess he's a bigger body. I don't know.
Speaker 5: You saw he's building his depth for next year. I think about it is slowly building. I dropped him for Alami. He's yeah, clean, My clean's really good.
Speaker 7: Clean Edwards has been crap this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it hasn't been great, has he.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who were tipping?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going pennies.
Speaker 5: But anything can happen. It's final Finals footy.
Speaker 1: Anything happen.
Speaker 2: You guys got some super League stuff for us?
Speaker 1: What do you got? I've got something you or some.
Speaker 5: Super League mate. I'll just give you the results and you can talk with with this. First one Leeds Rhinos, brad After's team eight captaal and Dragon's sixteen.
Speaker 1: Really I didn't watch it.
Speaker 5: Melbourne all right, So that was the score there. And then we've got Wigan Warriors sixty two, close one there with the Castleford Tigers six, Leed Leopards twenty Eight's in Helen's ten. So let's put Lee Leopards the Uglies Jersey in the world come to third and the Leeds Rhinos go to fourth. Wakefield Trinity twenty eight, hul Kingston Rovers twelve, Hull left Ceed thirty four, Warrington Wolves two and the Huddesfield Giants up against the South of Devil's twenty to eight hardest Field. The latter is hul Kingston Rovers on forty two, Wigan on forty then the Ugliest Jersey in the World third thirty seven and Brad Arthur's team on thirty five. We've got another round of games next round, one more final round and the one to stand out in this one, George, is Wigan Warriors and the Leeds Rhinos. That's second verse fourth mate, So who reckon is going to win that one? Firstly? Leeds versus Wigan.
Speaker 1: Leeds versus Wigan every dyeah yeah I think so. Can I just say what really stands out is the it's the top six Trinity has got twenty eight points and Hull Lift see John Cartwrights team's got twenty seven points. Oh yeah yeah, so the boss ca yeah, so the top the top five are cemented. So this week this that game is those two teams I find shooting it out for the.
Speaker 5: Playing Hardler CEA is playing cut the Lon Dragon so seven verse nine yeah, and the which one which is the other thing? Wakefield Trinity is playing South the Devil's last place team. So Wakefield Trinity should get through. I can't well, you know.
Speaker 1: What, good on them because they're a bunch of young kids and they've done well a little bit more as we know, like you bought the London Broncos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're nlucky. I bought the London Bronco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's appointed Jason must have been cashed out. I don't know, right well, he didn't cost much.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think he's got a consortium. He's appointed Jason Demetri's coach, and they're looking to recruit players from the They're already there.
Speaker 5: They've already got Slan lined up apparently.
Speaker 7: Really Yeah like it because I'm connected with him on LinkedIn, not that that means anything, but he owns a recruitment company like similar to one I had like ten years ago, that do labor higher. So he's it's very clever. He is on every single mining preferred supplier agree, so he's like cashed up. But they actually got in trouble a few years ago for underpaying the stuff, so I think he exited and then went back in. He's got it, so he would be very well funded anyway to get that. But yeah, George, did you you guys finish the super Leagues?
Speaker 1: We'll talk about the girls. I want you to till tell you about what happened to Carl Phillis with.
Speaker 5: The carl Felt did you hear what happen to him? Did record breaking stuff. So in the game that they were playing, carle Felt decided that he'd take a dive, so play ran through fell over as if you got shot, you got the yellow card. Cole Felt got SimBin for diving.
Speaker 1: It's a new card.
Speaker 5: It's a new card, they said, diving out.
Speaker 7: He's been in England for too long watching.
Speaker 5: So exactly that's what everyone was saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's funny. I was just gonna ask about Felt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's doing well, he's doing well, he's doing well. But if if he simulated something and they pulled out the card, which is the first time I saw it. I saw it on the short and you freaked me out and I got.
Speaker 5: They come back, bring it here. Hopefully they bring it here.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's go to it.
Speaker 7: On the weekend. I saw that card happened at that on the Arsenal Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, dive, yeah, yeah, let's go just one more job before we go, go, go go. I know I haven't got the Q Cup results, but not going to effect. Saint George beat the Warriors, which goes straight to the Grand Final and the Eels beat who did we find out? I think it was I can't remember who the Earls were, but anyway, Eels are playing the Warriors for a place in the Grand Final. So me nick, we might be in the Grand Final today. Celebrate.
Speaker 1: So Saint George beat the Warriors. Yeah and lost two games all year. It was a master class from Lucky and what's the fullbacks name again? For St George Georgia, the kid who's got issues with his gut, Cady Ramsey, And they put a master class and wiped the Warriors. I didn't see that coming, but there you go. And Eels are playing the Warriors, and I think over the whole year, I think it's been the better team from all of them.
Speaker 5: Really, I think so.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Last week apparently Saint George bro the places from first grade because they.
Speaker 1: Brought the dropped and.
Speaker 5: All those came back in. I haven't seen them then they've been because they dropped after that.
Speaker 1: I'll be very quick with with Q Cup and Teak and Philip te The prelims are the Bears. Where where are they from Queensland?
Speaker 7: Barely?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, from your area, aren't they?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: The grubby ones.
Speaker 1: And they're playing the Dolphins on one side, and the Seagulls, which again around your area. Yeah, are playing the Devils, which are.
Speaker 7: I think that's Towns.
Speaker 1: Well, oh they're playing okay Devils. Okay, well that's the prelim.
Speaker 7: The Bairly Bears win by all their players, like they've got pretty much like a better team than the Tigers. Okay, they're fine, doublin.
Speaker 1: Okay, So really bad news with the nurl eral w for Nicolo and myself. But the way they finished because they're playing semi finals this week. The Roosters, the Roosters on top didn't lose a game, and I don't think they lost. They won every game but thirteen plus. So the Broncos. Broncos lost one game against the Roostlers, and they come second. They have a week off there, straight to a pre limb now now then third Night's fourth, Cowboys, fifth, the Sharks and unfortunately, Nicole, So you said they were good, Yeah they finished sixth. No, the best player.
Speaker 7: Was out, yeah, Neick. The Eels girls team is so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they finished sixth.
Speaker 1: No, man, we're so unlucky. No, No, we didn't finish sixth. That's the problem. We had worse. We we we had to do the job and we went to.
Speaker 2: They didn't make the semi final.
Speaker 4: After all this ship I've been hearing the whole year. Man man, they waste my time.
Speaker 1: They're good. I loved them, I love them, I love them. Anyway, we had to we had to dust the dogs, and we dusted them hard. We won by fifty six to something tea and then and then we had to wait for the time to lose. They'll playing canbra camera was up with five minutes to go. The game's over and what is Titans do? They decided to score a couple of tys and going eat team pop a goal, pop pop field goal, and we're and we're out and it sucks. Anyway, Titans are in the thing and we're.
Speaker 5: Going incause of the film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're going. We're going to Bali on Monday.
Speaker 7: The Titans play better than most, like well, I reckon better than the Men's. But I was actually talking to one of the guys today from the Titans and he was really excited because yeah, he's like, we're going, We're going into the next round. Titan's players are brilliant too, like Knights. Titans even the Cowboys like they've got some really, because I'm watching every game like for the girls, and they're just yeah, but rees's I think we're talking about two weeks ago. It's going to get boring. Ester's Brisbane.
Speaker 1: It's going to be.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I know, but every year.
Speaker 1: Is Yeah, thats just a different form of state of origin. I reckon. I've been I've been trying to. I've been trying to. I've been scarring the internet to try to find you. There's little information things about players. I'll be trying to find something about the girls and yeah, and I wrote this something about it because there's nearly nothing online on the girls. But I did find my mine and nicholas favorite player, Abby Church. So you tell us about Aby Church. You're you're a fan. She's the one that fullback, a little fullback. She's really good, good, she's our fullback. She's the start of Origin fullback.
Speaker 7: And yeah, and she played for Origin Origin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's the one who saves all the tribes and scores away our tries.
Speaker 7: Actually, but she hurt herself like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Ago or something that she still played.
Speaker 7: Yeah, decent, bloody Women's Origin.
Speaker 1: I've got I've got I've got I've got a I've got a I've got a little question question questionnaire on on Abby Church and Adie can help me her nickname Martie? What do you think her nickname would be? Churchie? CHURCHI who? What's her favorite celebration song when she scores a try celebration song?
Speaker 5: A song by the Church under struck by DC.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is an easy one. Who's her favorite Who's her favorite athlete?
Speaker 5: Her favorite athlete.
Speaker 1: Billy Slater? Really Slater, that's the one.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 1: Her favorite artist is his favorite artist, Ed Sheeran, Her favorite her favorite food, my favorite food pizza. Her favorite movie? I've never heard of this one. Maybe Nicola has the lucky one. No oh no, I just thought maybe there's an old ladies one.
Speaker 7: I don't know, maybe a romantic movie.
Speaker 2: Do you know.
Speaker 7: So it's the guy that wrote the notebook?
Speaker 1: Okay, she doesn't seem like that topic Goalt and she looks pretty boch anyway, and she's she's gone to university, she's got a Bachelor of Health and she's a paramedic. You know in the Titans, do you know a girl called Megan the Coolest and.
Speaker 2: Not another Greek one.
Speaker 6: You find him everywhere man Future Immordeal, mixed team of.
Speaker 7: She's probably Suprior.
Speaker 1: What when you know when they cam beund In in the Las Vegas or she came from Greece and the Trial and she's in the Titans.
Speaker 5: That's it for the Times.
Speaker 7: Now, but I can one of the best ones is that Phoenix rain Hippie. Yes that's her name for the Titans. She's brilliant train and and this week.
Speaker 1: This week we've got the schoolboys Grand Grand Final. The winner of New South Wales his petitioner brothers black Town and you can tell me about this team. The winner from Queensland is Kubra Park High. Where are they from, Keeprara?
Speaker 7: Keepra's the I think I mentioned it to you guys. Last name, So Keepra Park is right near like southbort Tigers. They are a specialist rugby league school on the Gold Coast. You look back during the week, George, every player who's come from Keepra Park, they will be the greats. They go to Burleigh, they go to Dolphins, they go to Titans. They're probably one of the best schools.
Speaker 1: Well, they've made it through to the That doesn't surprise to the final against Petitioner. Brothers are Blacktown and Brothers. Blacktown is a Western Suburbs school somewhere around his Blacktown's.
Speaker 7: The bow of the mining town out west up north.
Speaker 1: Probably similar to that. That's a little but it's a specialist rugby league school by the way. So good luck to the team. I'll try to watch that one. That's going to be fun and uh aboard everybody. So that's me, that's me, Thank Christ.
Speaker 7: The Women's Grand Final, George.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's there's any there's only two teams have been in the women's Broncos Roosters.
Speaker 7: Every Broncos Roosters.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get roosters. We're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Who's going to win? He's gonna win. I don't know, you know what because roosters have been flying high. I got this gut feeling that to make up is going to rip them apart.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's brilliant. Also, Artie, just to digress, what did you think of the Liverpool game?
Speaker 13: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, got lucky.
Speaker 1: We need to stop.
Speaker 7: Playing with their food and just we watched, like like Georgie, like nineteen minutes of soccer and only one one goal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was a handball penalty was sort of lucky, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: But it's a good stuff is good.
Speaker 5: So the other team just puts all their players in the box, park the bus, you know the term, and they were just playing just to hold them out and Liverpool is just trying to break them but they just couldn't. So it's hard when when when they played the lower teams, a lot of them just parked the bus, just putting all defenders in the in the goal.
Speaker 7: And kind of like if you imagine like storm, like they're probably the like his storm is brilliant. But then when they play the lower teams, yeah, they're just like kind of I just say, play with their food. They just need to get on with it. Like it took. But the Arsenal game was really good, wasn't that Threening.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, Arsenal was very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, turning into the well look teams.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I wanted to mention that at the beginning. So that was fun.
Speaker 5: It was, and we're still first.
Speaker 2: That's a wrap for this week.
Speaker 1: Some of the week, song of the Week, and we've got a song of the week for us.
Speaker 5: I have what Jimmy swims, Terry Swims, Sorry, Terry Swims. There he go Teddy Swims, Teddy Swims because we're gonna get ready for the Grand Phone or Swims. It's going to sing in the grand Phone.
Speaker 7: I've sing you songs from Teddy Swims before. So Teddy Swims is a country singer, country, but he's brilliant. Though he does lots of covers. He does the cover of one of my favorite songs, Don't Stop Believing, but he is brilliant. He's just shot to fame, like you should read about him and he I knew he was in Australia just during his tour, and then when I saw that he was Grand final I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: His voice.
Speaker 5: Which song tend should we get George to put?
Speaker 2: Tell you guys, rather Metallica.
Speaker 1: This Teddy Swims.
Speaker 7: He's and you'll you'll know like he's got tuts over his face when you.
Speaker 1: Him at Teddy with Squeezebox with his father.
Speaker 7: If you do something about a woman only because it's a really good I'll send it to you. Something about a woman, something better woman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you guys will like.
Speaker 7: But yes, I'm very happy that he's going to be on.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we've got Teddy swims song and and and that's let's enjoy.
Speaker 4: This weekend and we'll see you all next week.
Speaker 1: Happy ruby, everybody.
Speaker 12: That's a good night you guys.
Speaker 14: Only one thing that made me do this kind of damn.
Speaker 13: This wine, this guyment buzzing.
Speaker 14: I'm flying high in the sophocas something bottle.
Speaker 13: Wom some mythom win big to your ear, something about.
Speaker 14: Woman, something I want to do, something good.
Speaker 15: Never use the bed, never use the fee, don't settling down?
Speaker 13: Just the fun me.
Speaker 15: Wasn't the type table first start out of a good food or word. I can't even function more mail the soning bot on Homer, So nothing about the way to bring it to.
Speaker 13: You all need son the battle man sonthing battle Alma does something me be your heart starting be you can sweart Ma, you dream, lose your mind, ho sleep pushing me.
Speaker 14: Don't things about I couldn't think. There's something about on that. There's something about there's something about you. There's something about on the sensi stream.
Speaker 15: There's something battles that's something about us, something about going on that to sense to me? Something about woman.
Speaker 5: So sothing matom were bring to your needs something about women?
Speaker 1: So something about woman does something.
Speaker 7: Something utbut
Speaker 12: Something about