Speaker 1: Bassis dropped on a new week of the Morning show here at the SDH Network. John here, you there, and I've got kind of an elongated opening kickoff. But my first question, well, how was your weekend? Was a weekend where some MLS teams played, some didn't. We had some news, we had a national team play on several levels on and off the field. Results obviously not what a lot of folks were looking for, especially against rival Bark Keeler from the Soccer for USPL that you'll be joining us in about ten minutes to break all that stuff down. And the reason that Bart is early this morning, other than the US men's national team playing this past weekend, Pochettino possibly probably maybe perhaps being announced named appointed, dots cross t's dotted that kind of thing is that, like I said, a couple different levels where we had national team play. Then with all of the stuff on the field, we had Alex Morgan playing her last match this past weekend. It literally was like snap notice. As you noticed on the show, when those of you who are as intrepid listeners, watchers, viewers, reporters, producers as you are finding Alex Morgan's retirement announcement twenty six thousand showed up at Snapdragon, by the way, very very cool on short notice to see Alex Morgan's last match. And she did. And I don't know if this is a soccer thing or a you know, just a leaving the sport kind of a deal where you take your boots off in wrestling, and I mean this in both the entertainment aspect and in the sport aspect. When you play your last match, or when you have your last match on the mat, you take your shoes off and you just leave them there in the center of the ring you walk away. Alex Morgan did the same thing, except she took her cleats with her. That might have been kind of messy it Snapdragon, if folks are trying to play and you know, it's the thirteenth minute and folks are trying to play around her cleats and things like that. But she took her cleats with her. So it's Alex Morgan, it is US M and T with mikey Veris, and it is also reffing down here, and reffing down here is going to be opening kickoff because this past weekend we had a couple of angry coaches for a couple of different reasons. And I'll tell you now that we've got the full rants of two coaches about particular things that happened in the game this past weekend, and we're gonna play them for you. And like I said, they're complete rants. Traditionally, you know me, I want things to be done in their full context. And the two rants that we have they're long. Don't get me wrong, they are long rants, but they are worth your time to hear the whole thing. Our number one we'll hear from Caleb Porter. Our number two. We're hoping knock on Wood to start our number two often. This is the other reason that Bart's at nine point fifteen that if technology can work for us, we will be able to catch up with some folks about European soccer history. If it works, it'll be cool. So hoping that can happen at ten o'clock for a couple of minutes, then an hour. Number two we've got the other coaching rant from the weekend, and we've got an update on Chelsea and the ownership group there seemingly infighting and trying to figure out, well, I'm not leaving, you're leaving. I'm not leaving you're leaving. I'm not leaving, and we might know the why. The other coaches rant comes from the MLS activity on the weekend and it's something that we've talked about and it really came to the four this past weekend with one of the matches that occurred, so we'll have that information as well. So it is Bart with reffing down here, the USM and t Alex Morgan and anything else on his mind. Ten o'clock. If technology works, then we get to catch up on some of your history. I'm not gonna reveal it because I tried to put it in the two hundred and eighty character app announcement. That's the other thing this morning, but it wouldn't fit in everything else. And then our number two once again, if technology works, it'll be a cool moment out of Europe plus Chelsea, plus more rules and coach rants, and we'll talk about the two's and the big weekend that they had as well. So that's the show for the morning once again. Thanks for dropping by as you always do. So here's how we'll go. Opening Kickoff multi part brought to us buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco Dot com. That's your QR code for those of you who are hanging out with us this morning. However you're hanging out with us, that's your QR code. For those of you who are watching in a video sense, either on the youtubess, on the Twitch or on the two hundred and eighty character app. You hit that, then you go into Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. Don't forget to use the code soccer down here fifteen. When you check out, you get fifteen percent off your purchase day. In turn, take ten percent reinvested in youth games. Youth initiative is very very cool stuff from our friends at Kickoff Coffee, Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. All right, now, the first part of opening Kickoff has to do with the two hundred and eighty character app. And I don't know if you guys are having the same problems that I am. So when I try and post that, hey, you know what, We're gonna have a show coming up at nine oh five Eastern, and I do it on my phone, and like I said, it could be just the fortress that we have here at Office HD and the Dome of Silence doesn't allow anything to be written in the two hundred and eighty character app. But I tried this morning to post the update of yeah, you know, we're gonn to be up at nine oh five Eastern here on the network, and this is what we're going to talk about. And every once in a while I'll try it and the message will fail, and then I have to come down here, warm up the computer and get the computer to say it. As opposed to the mobile device. Every single time recently that I have attempted to post an update to the mobile device, the two hundred and eighty character app kind of looks at me and goes, bruh, not gonna happen. It's really not gonna work. And I didn't know if you guys had the same problems, So, like I said, I was just checking to see if there was an issue that you guys had as well trying to post things to the two hundred and eighty character app. And I mean that just like in any general sense, not just like now or in the eight o'clock hour Eastern time. I mean like period when you post thing, are you having problems every single time I try mobile device versus computer Here in the office of HDNIS, I always seem to have a problem, and I didn't know if it was just me, which it probably is, my phone, which it may be, or the two one hundred and eighty character app but someone with a higher pay grade probably has a better thought on that than I do. Okay, just it's just checking, So let me know on the twitch pitch, all right. The other element of opening kickoff leads us into Bart at nine point fifteen or and probably close. So Bart's going to be listening to this too. We're gonna get into refing down here this morning. And there were instances or incidents in the New England All Caps match from the weekend that drew the ire of an individual, and there were two specific instances, one that had to do with a handball call and to the new substitution rule. So after the match is over, and so Bart gets to listen to this rant as a part of his open so he can have his coffee and react in facial expressions, we're all going to listen to this together. To two draw was how it ended up with the Revs and All Caps on the weekend. And this is courtesy of our friends at Blazing Musket. Blazing Musket found the audio from the beginning of the Caleb Porter postmatch press conference where he was upset about two things and decided to let the center f have it with not just both barrels, but any barrel that he could find. And I mean like he probably went to like Niagara Falls or a rodeo, grabbed some barrels, brought them with him and posted them there in the press conference. That's how mad Caleb Porter was. So here is Caleb Porter, and I will bring in Bart, considering it is nine fifteen and I want to be punctual, so I just want to say, Hi, Bart, what's in the mug.
Speaker 2: Earl Gray tea with honey?
Speaker 3: Because John, we're getting over a battle with COVID apparently.
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, that's that's that's that's not good. That's that's that's a that's a illegal.
Speaker 2: You can't have that illegal.
Speaker 1: Yes, So, uh so Bart is now here, so Bart will be able to listen to the rant like the rest of us. And we're going to listen together to Caleb Porter because he was mad after the two two draw and talked about two instances. And we come back from the Caleb Porter rant, then we'll talk about the two instances and what you thought about, Uh, the two instances themselves, Like I said, one has to do with a handball that wasn't called. The other has to do with our new substitution rule in Major League Soccer. So after the match, Caleb Porter was slightly angry about a lot of things. And so here's Caleb Porter feeling he was screwed and let everybody know about it, especially centerth Timothy Ford.
Speaker 4: We're gonna win a lot of games and play that way.
Speaker 5: We're very disappointed. It's one hundred percent penalty kick. It's I don't know how you look honestly at the screen and decide not to give a penalty. It is a complete joke. It's a travesty, and there needs to be some accountability for that decision because we lost two points because of that decision. And we have literally had that same thing happen to us three different times where the official has been sent to the monitor and there's a clear penalty and the official.
Speaker 4: Doesn't call it.
Speaker 3: What is happening.
Speaker 5: It is mind boggling, mind boggling that he doesn't call that a penalty. We are the only team in the league that hasn't had one penalty.
Speaker 3: What is happening.
Speaker 5: I've never seen anything like it. For me, all I can say is a complete coward. The referee was a complete coward in that moment, complete coward, and it's a Travis Ky.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't officiate.
Speaker 5: He cost our players two points today, two really important points. And I'm not gonna stand for it. I'm not gonna stand for it. I don't care if I get fined. I don't care what don Garber says.
Speaker 1: What Donn Garver.
Speaker 5: Needs to do is look at that situation, look at the official in that situation, and needs to hold this official accountable. And then the second part of the joke show clown show was giving us a penalty for not getting out of the game. Luca was coming out of the game because he was injured. But we want guys to literally he couldn't sprint me faster to get out of the game. He couldn't get out of the game any faster. Initial initially he walked, yes, but then he sprinted out of the game as fast as he could. The referee told me that it was fourteen seconds. Fourteen seconds have took him to get out of the game. So because he's four seconds late because he can't spread any faster. They penalize us and we end up giving away a goal during that penalty. The game isn't meant The game isn't meant to be played this way. It's an absolute joke. You're supposed to, as an official, use your discretion in those moments. He did not use his discretion in either of those moments. He missed a clear penalty. If he looks at the monitor and decides that's not a penalty, he should not be official in this league. He's not confident enough to be an official in this league if he chooses in his discretion to penalize Luca Langoni when he's sprinting for forty yards to get off the field. He's trying to get off the field. It was fourteen seconds. The referees are supposed to use their distrettion. He was walking initially because he was injured. This this is a joke, and so it's impossible to talk about the game without talking about those two two moments.
Speaker 3: For the official, Yo, could did you get an explanation on that possible handball?
Speaker 4: Did you say what it was or was.
Speaker 5: It he He said that his arm was in a natural position. So I don't I don't know about you guys, but I don't see guys running like this or jumping like this. If the I he handled the ball right here. Everybody in the whole stadium saw the replay.
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 5: If that's not a penalty, that's not a handball, I don't know what is.
Speaker 4: But the fact that he actually.
Speaker 5: Looked at it and decided that wasn't he's got no boss. You can't be in this job if you're a coward, if you're not contingent. I liked him as a person. I think he's a good guy. But at the end of the day, this is our livelihood, this is these players' livelihood. We have to have a standard. And even though he's a good guy, he clearly showed today he should not be officiating in the league with those decisions. That's a win, that's a win for us.
Speaker 2: Then he took away, So Hi, Bart, good morning.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be important to run the entire thing. And I know that folks are sitting there going, Man, that was long, but yeah, it was. And it was two issues that I wanted to bring up on purpose because I don't like to do sound bites in that situation. I don't like to do that. And so the two elements that Caleb Porter brought up was a handball in where it looked like it was basically a jump ball. And in this case, and what I'll do is I will post the link to the Blazing Musket articles where they have the screen caps and things like that, so folks can see if they didn't see the match itself, look like it was a jump ball. And you have a bit of jostling and it is a part and as the body goes up, then you have that contact and it kind of clatters around shoulder and shoulder then goes away. Then the other element is the ten second new rule about get your butt up and get off the field or you're going to play down a man. Saint Louis ends up being down a man after it was judged that Luca Langoni did not leave in a timely fashion. You're playing shorthanded. It's basically a power play for Saint Louis, and Louis cours to tie it to with about twenty to go, Caleb Porter's hot which one you want to start with?
Speaker 3: Well, let's start with the substitution, because I think this is a little more.
Speaker 2: Cut and dry.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 3: Look, I think coaches need to realize that referees this year specifically or not going to be playing around because these are the rules they've been given. Right, you have ten seconds to get off the field. You can exit the field at the closest point. You do not have to go from one corner flag to the center line. You can go off the field wherever you feel is the closest point for you. And if you are truly injured, then you need to stay down and get that medical help and then go off the field for that. So I don't really have a whole lot of sympathy in that situation, to be quite honest, because you know, if the player was truly injured, then he should have come off when he when medical with medical help right, training staff should have been out there, or he could have gone off the closest you know, exit at the closest point of the field, and I wouldn't have had this issue. I'm sorry, I just don't have a whole lot of sympathy for that. And I'll be honest John, going into the next one, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for Caleb Porter period you got hired and paid a decent amount of money to make a team good, and y'all are worse than Atlanta United, which takes a lot of you know, that's a lot to accomplish it this series.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, So that was point number one, the exit which created a game time goal and it stayed to too. The other incident has to do with a judicating handball once again, and in this particular instance, once again, it looked like it basically it was a joust, the jousting moment where you have two players going up, one on each side and you have contact made and Caleb Porter was of the opinion that in the contact and as the ball is coming down that it should have been a handball call on Saint Louis and it was not. Or for Caleb Porter once again was upset. Once again, go over, if you would please, the idea of handball and the the allowances that are given center Refs when it comes to adjudicating a handball in today's game.
Speaker 3: Well, the first thing we're looking at here, specifically is does the ball touch a non playable part of the body.
Speaker 2: And it does, right, I think it's very clear that it touches somewhere above the elbow.
Speaker 1: At least it was right in here. You know, basically, you know, shoulder rotator cup is headed down towards the bice.
Speaker 3: And it definitely touched you know, what I would consider an illegal part of the body, right, Like, you're not supposed to be able to touch the ball with that part of your body. But you know, was it deliberate? I don't think it was deliberate. So there's the first thing that we're checking off us. The ball does not you know, the hand does not moved towards the ball or anything. The hand is, however, outside of the natural silhouette of the body, right he has made his body bigger by putting his hand up. So I think there is some legitimate question as to why this was not deemed a handball in the penalty area. But we're also looking at was there Was it a consequence of the The wording is justifiable by the player's body movement for.
Speaker 2: That specific.
Speaker 3: And that's where I think we get into the gray area here, John, is the player is jumping at you know, to seemingly head the ball. We all know that in those situations your arms are going to come up you know, you're going to in some way, shape or form, be using your arms to get more both height and protection.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And I think the other thing that's not really talked about in the laws of the game that but that we do talk about a little bit referee training is the idea of deflection or the amount of time you have to react to that. And it wasn't like it was I don't know, kicked directly into his arm, right.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like Kyle Hebert was thinking about it then, right, But yeah, it's like there was. It was it was a natural reaction to try to contest for a ball that was elevated. So Hebert is trying to jump up toward the ball to make contact and he's second to make cause.
Speaker 3: So I think there's a legitimate gripe. But I think for him to make this to be some sort of like you know, the referee should never referee again, I think is a very foolish thing. I mean, I would argue that Caleb Porter doesn't need to be coaching in this league again, because the man hasn't been able to get a team into the playoffs and god knows how many years. So you know, this is one of those things where where I understand the frustration, but this type of reaction is completely it's just unacceptable from Caleb. I mean, this is not a as clear cut as he thinks it is, especially given the fact that it's more of a deflection from you know, it's not like this was a long kick that was hidd into his arm. It was definitely something that was a boom boom play. That said, had this been given a penalty kick, I don't think that heab could have been super upset with being penalized for that because, again, to quote the laws of the game, by having their hand slash arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand or arm being hit by the ball and being penalized. So yeah, it's a risk, and in this situation, I don't feel like it was worth penalizing. But had he been penalized, I don't think there would have been too much that he could have said that would have saved him. I don't think that it's I think both instance says I, especially the substitution thing.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's just the rules.
Speaker 1: Them's the rules is what.
Speaker 3: Them is the rules, And if you are injured, then you need to make that clearer to the referee or something like something, you know, be like, hey, I can't you know, leave, but he again, you can leave at any point in the field that's whatever closest to you and then goes get medical attention once you're off the field.
Speaker 1: And the the rant toward Timothy Ford. While a lot of managers in Major League Soccer in front office folks, I'm sure have rants about Timothy Ford totally Atlanta being one, the Revs being one because Timothy Ford called three first half penalties against the Revs in a game back in twenty twenty two against NYCFC. Carlos Heil did remember that when he was asked about it, you know, post match, about just the game in general. But how large and like, we don't really have a base of operations here when it comes to figuring out length of fines and such. But how big a fine do you think, How big an envelope is Caleb Porter going to be getting from the league office in New York? How big a fine do you think he gets? And does he get? Does he get suspended here? Do you have to make an example of Caleb Porter for the words that he said.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a suspension, but I do think there's a sizable fine. You know, I don't have off the top of my head what a what a benchmark would be for another coach getting fined for referee comments.
Speaker 2: But I mean he'll get fine. It'll probably be a little heftier because.
Speaker 3: Of the length and the language use. It wasn't profane, but it was very strong. Yes, But you know, again, the other thing is I would agree that Tim Ford has had been part of some very contentious moments in MLS this year or even in a year's past, So you know, he he probably is a referee who needs a little bit more coaching and a little bit maybe pay attention more in the uh you know, pre season modules talking about how do we be a little bit more consistent across referees across all matches. But you know, I again, I don't think these two instances are are something that is an egregious flaw by his referee.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's let's put the the reffing down here. Aside as you sample your earl gray uh, the UH, the the US national teams plural they are they are active. Right now. You have some Hawaiian te action going on. You have some M and T action going on. Let's start with They'll start with the good stuff. Alex Morgan yesterday retires. She does. So it was short notice. I mean I think it was Alix got to post it all and he's like, hey, guys, look over here by the way. Yeah, And so the retirement, the retirement notice comes out on social media, turns out more than short notice. Twenty six thousand plus end up at Snapdragon to see her final match. She gets subbed out in the thirteenth minute, she gets a PK saved. Hey, read the room, Come on, it's her last match. So Alex Morgan leaves in the thirteenth minute, very very cool moment where she takes off her boots and she walks off. When you think of Alex Morgan and her place in American soccer, whether it's national league, what have you, when I mentioned Alex Morgan, what comes to.
Speaker 3: Mind, Well, I think Alex Morgan as a player has been someone who has just been kind of as she has set the standard for what US women's national team players have to be and how they conduct themselves for.
Speaker 2: You know, twelve years now. And I think that that kind of.
Speaker 3: Ability to say this is as this is where you need to be as a national team player. Has been integral to the team winning back to back World Cups to during her time. Maybe she wasn't part of it, but during her time winning two gold medals, winning another medal as well, she has been part of the greatest period of success in US woman's national team history. You know, she's also been part of some failures. You know, she was part of that twenty eleven team that failed to win the only time they've ever lost a World Cup final, you know, losing in penalty kicks to Japan. She was a part of that twenty sixteen Olympic team that crashed out in the first knockout round. But her leadership and her standard of play is the reason why they were able to rebound.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You remember in twenty eleven, okay, well, they lose the final Japan. What do they do in twenty twelve win a gold medal? You know, you get knocked out early in the twenty sixteen Olympics.
Speaker 2: What do they do?
Speaker 3: Well, twenty nineteen, they go win a World Cup. And that was when she was, you know, a mainstay fixture of that team. But just her standard of play. Has been in a role on the field, but then John off the field is where I think she has been the most effective. You know, you think about the equal pay fight, you think about some of the sexual and personal harassment issues that endab Boselle has dealt with. She has been a champion of those women who have come forward with their stories to make sure that other women can be safe in the league. Stories of her going over to Tottenham and basically demanding that they have better playing conditions in Lelona and in Tottenham again. She expects the standard to play from herself and everyone around her, and then she expects the people off the field to give them a certain state entered of support. And you know, I think that is something that will continue to live on long after you know, eight twenty whenever. And ended up being you know, the thirteenth minute of the game last night when she was taken off.
Speaker 1: YEP. The U twenties Women's World Cup made it to the knockout stage in Colombia with a seven zero win over Paraguay in the Group C finale. They finished second in the group. Pietro Tordin had a hat trick and the second place behind defending champ Spain. They get Mexico on Wednesday, will be a match of the twenty twenty three U twenty Championship, which Mexico beat the US two won the final. Only five starters from a twenty three team are in Colombia.
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah, that a Mexico game and was a wild one. US completely dominated and Mexica got two lucky goals and somehow won that game in Mexico, mind you. So you know they seem to always play these concic CAP Championship in Mexico is quite funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's It's a good opportunity.
Speaker 3: I mean again, I think on the men's side, I usually am a little indifferent about these tournaments.
Speaker 2: I'm just glad we're there and hope we make that OU at the knockouts.
Speaker 3: But on the women's side, especially this team, there's a lot of professional talent on this team, particularly and despite the fact that Tracy Kevins is still coaching this team for god knows what reasons, I don't know why she has been catapulted into the sun. She's a terrible coach. She continues to just squander talent anytime that she's ever been a part of coaching staff for this youth program, and I don't know why she's still here. I hope Emma Hayes that's the first thing that she actually does post Olympics is get rid of her. But this team is I'm sorry that was a rant that a lot of us in soccer felt, uh Like y'all complain about Burhalter. But but this team has a lot of professional talent on it. Like literally, there's a lot of players who played.
Speaker 2: Professionally on this team.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And and you need to start raising the expectation for these age groups because just being there isn't good enough, and we need to start taking advantage of these opportunities to build not just team cohesion, but expand the player pool and really build out what needs to be the most robust player pool in the world.
Speaker 2: You know, I think.
Speaker 3: Specifically to Mexico, you better go win. You're a better team than they are, you have been for a long time. And after that, you know, you just try to win the next game. But yeah, these youth tournaments for the women need to start being a little bit more emphasized and winning because we need to kind of reclaim that top spot. And you know, Spain has dominated the youthful ranks for a decade now. There's a reason they're one of the best national teams in the world. But we've got to start performing better in these tournaments to get back to that spot as well.
Speaker 1: Men's side, it looks like, i use the words, looks like it looks like we're getting closer, closer and closer and closer and closer and closer to some kind of official announcement with trumpeted fanfare from parapets upon high in you know, Roman castles from the seventeenth century or something, with the flags draping down as they would always do. Looks like we're getting close to Mauricio Pochettino because we had an announcement over the weekend. It looks like the staff, the main staff that he traditionally has and has headed all of his stops as far back as folks can remember, will be the staff that he brings in for the national team. So it's like it's gonna be Mauricio and his and his crew coming in here for this when this becomes finally final.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think people forget that.
Speaker 3: That's like a big part of these coaching negotiations as well as who they.
Speaker 2: Can bring in.
Speaker 3: And you know, if POC costs a lot of money, his staff is going to cost a lot of money as well. And so in it's about how do we find that that money in.
Speaker 1: The coffers for professorships?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, how do we how do we sponsor how do we get those endowments, uh to.
Speaker 2: To keep those.
Speaker 3: Players or excuse me, those coaches with him? Yes, you know we did this with Emma. She got a lot of the staff that she normally has had with her throughout her time at Chelsea to come over.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: There are there are a lot of things.
Speaker 3: To these coaching negotiations, and one thing people do have to remember about US soccer is it is not one person or one board necessarily making a decision. They're not just full time all the way there, you know, and they're certainly not in one location. So these things don't just come together.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The word is that they are meeting today to approve that, because you know they have to, you know, virtually.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that makes a lot of.
Speaker 3: Things a little bit easier, but you know, they're they're they're not those people aren't necessarily employees, if you will of us soccer. They're not on the clock nine to five for US Soccer today, so it it is coming together. Hopefully we have an announcement before tomorrow because by guy, we.
Speaker 2: Need we need to coach in here, cut John.
Speaker 3: Someone who is going to hold these players accountable because they're saretell ain't seem to be able to do it themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like I said, this is why I was building to this for the remainder of the segment or however much longer you want to talk about it, up to the top of the hour, because I think we.
Speaker 2: Talked about Alex Morgan again.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, well, I think I think we're gonna be able to have our guests coming up at the top of the next hour. So if this, if if technology works, it's going to be very very cool. I'm just gonna go ahead and ask it this way. What in the blue hell happened in this matchup against Canada where apparently now if the if the the numbers are correct, it's the first home defeat to Canada in sixty seven years years? Man, what happened here?
Speaker 3: Well, I think we need to look at this on a couple of things. One, Canada cared a lot about this game as they're going to care about every game because that's how Jesse Marsh coaches, right, He's going to be everything, s geared up for everything, and you know that's great. That can take you far, but it can also fizzle out really quickly, So good for him. They're still in the honeymoon stage of his coaching. They you know, they did finally figure out how to score goals, which was a struggle for their first like five matches. On the flip side, the US played terribly. No player seemed to want to grasp. No starters seemed to want to grasp the moment of an opportunity to prove themselves without a head coach that you know, there were there were guys on this field who had opportunities to really make their case to the new the incoming coach, whoever that might be. Even if it's not poach shit could have been Mikey.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, there you go.
Speaker 1: There, there's there. It is explicitly thirty six minutes in out a boy. Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, no one seemed poised to want to make a name for themselves or show out in a good way. And there were definitely some players on this field who had chances to do that. I think Malik Tillman looked the best side of those kind of like not on the bubble players, but those players who needed to prove that they belong. I will be honest, I'm very disappointed Caleb Wyley wasn't in this game because Christopher Lund provided very little of any sort of positivity on the field, right And Johnny Cardoso is a major disappointment. You just have to call it like it is. I mean, we've been wanting to see him for the US national team. He's performed well in Brazil, performed very well relatively going over to Spain. And the reason he were stumped why can't he play better with the US men's national team? Is it just because he's in a single pivot versus a double pivot? Like that shouldn't be the reason you still had unis Musa dropping very deep. I mean they were basically playing a double pivot, you know it was there was a lack of desire from this men's national team that has been here and I'm sorry to go back to him, but it's been here since the second era of Greg Berholter taking over, and for some reason, some sort of malaise and complacency has crept into the system, crept into this program, and the guys do not feel like they need to actually improve upon what they did in twenty twenty two. And that's really really frustrating. And at this point you do have to question the players and their leadership because I'll call him out, Christian Polistic. He's just not that type of leader, right, That's not who he is. He's a I'm going to do it by how I play. And he didn't play poorly by any stretch. But you know, you were missing Tyler Adams, you were missing Weston McKinney, you're missing Jedi Robinson, guys who have been kind of those types of more vocal vibe, spased leaders. And you know, Tim Raim has said it, there are guys who aren't taking it seriously enough for you know, playing for the national team. At the same time, Tim Raim had a terrible game, So you know, how much of that do you take into consideration. You know, again, we're trotting out Tim Raim despite the fact that all signs are saying we need to start moving on.
Speaker 2: So some of this is on Mikey.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a reason he hasn't succeeded anywhere he's been, to be quite honest, as a head coach, and you know, outside of a good you know, Conker Cafew twenty run, hasn't really had a lot of success as a head coach.
Speaker 2: So you know, there's that.
Speaker 3: It was frustrating they couldn't pass to each other. Part of that is because again, this system that they continue to play, and Mikey's system is very different, not very different from Burhalters, if there is any difference, continues to be slow, continues to not demand players move into open space even to receive a pass. I mean that first goal was because Patrick Schulte took ten felt like ten minutes trying to find anyone who is moving into an open space. So he has to go short to Tim Reem, which invites the whole Canada team to do the one thing they want to do, which is press, and Johnny makes a really bad decision on a pass. He had plenty of time, he didn't have to do that. But when you're under pressure like that, you're going to make bad decisions. That's the red Bull way, and you give up a goal, you know. And then conversely, they defended with heart, They defended with determination and that kept you off the board for the most of the game, as well as just flat out fizzling out attacks when he didn't too, because again we don't have enough support in the box, which is a common theme under Greg Berhalter, and it's continuing under Mikey Virus because he's not a real head coach.
Speaker 1: The way that it laid out Jesse Marsh after the match, it was very, very intriguing. And so hang on just second and let me get to the quote. I'd rather coach our team right now, one hundred percent, no questions asked, Marsh said after the win. You can see the mentality has been developed. You can see the way this team plays. You can see how much they love playing for the national team, willing to put their careers and lives and the way they play on the line to be the best they can be for each other and for the team. That's all you can ask for as a coach. Bart guess what I'm gonna put a bookmark in this because our guest is early. Our guest is early. Get this all right, So after what happened last week, and I'm gonna do a little bit set up here we have on the network, we have somewhat adopted our friends from San Marino. All right, so and we all know what happened and what happened last week. So here's here's the proof that we've adopted our friends from San Marino. So after the wind, I reached out and I'm like, hey, can we talk about what happened here? And guess what we're gonna do it? All right, so let's check technology and Luca, how are you? How are you mine?
Speaker 4: Fine? Really really fine? Thank you?
Speaker 1: And you I'm doing great? Man. Hey, look as I as I was telling our friends here on the show, I said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the really nicest car.
Speaker 1: Yep, and it is. It is only a part of it. And so we last week after the wind, we went ahead and said we are all San Marino here on the network, were we are all sand We could not have been happier for you with what happened. And I reached out and I wanted to say and I wanted to see if we could get some kind of a response. And you reached out and you were like, yeah, man, we can talk it through. And I know that you're you're in Moldova, right.
Speaker 4: Correct, We checked in in our hotel one hour ago because we had the late flight schedule this morning with our chapter flights to reach Moldova and play tomorrow our official friendly. But yeah, here we are. I just entered the room at ten minutes ago.
Speaker 1: It's all good, brother. I won't keep you too long. I'll probably keep you until five o'clock your time, and then that way you can go and actually take care of stuff instead of talking to us morning shows. By the way, Luca Pettitcioni. He is the press officer for the San Marino Federation and the San Marino squad that got the win last week to break a losing streak and the unbeat the bet the it's just the streak. Let's call it what it is. What did it means? Let me let me ask this to get to win and have the windless streak stop after twenty years? What did that mean to the country and to those who love the sport of soccer in your country.
Speaker 4: You probably cannot see my goosebuand but that's it. You know, it means everything to some Marina because before starting to work in the football serciation as a press officer, I used to to work like as per journalists in Samarno devastations. So I'm handling Sammarines football since fifteen years more or less. And then immedia that was outside the country that we're asking for information on Smarno or asking about interviews or contents, were all about this losing strike. Then we start to have some draws, thanks also for to the withinations leagues that start these path eight years ago, six years ago to be to be more precise. And then they ask when are you stopping this not scoring strike? Then we started scoring because last year we got some headlines and also FORIGN newspapers and medias for three in a row Goes scored against Denmark, Finland, Kazakcident. Then the question became when you're going to win since you're not winning for one under forty games. Yeah, we won, we won last Tuesday. I think we are going to post so many trowbacks Thursday contents and in the next week's next week's coming. But you know, any any of these one underd forty games played by Samarina against how to say, some month clib monster teams like England the Netherlands were for sure defeat announced it announced defeat even before the starting with so, but our players always shown their pride and swet their jersey even if they were fully aware that they were going to a defeat. I think they see the opportunity and they exploited. They shown on the pitch last Tuesday that they really want to win this game and they want it means everything for Summaria players, to any sacrifice they're going to go through any week.
Speaker 1: And the young man that scored wasn't even alive when the streak started, I mean Nicos and sol Is nineteen. The streak was twenty years old. To have folks who are still wanting to be a part of things, To have the younger players still sit there and say, yes, I want to be a part of the San Marino national team. What does that mean that folks still want to be a part of it even though things had not been going well up until last week.
Speaker 4: You know, the theme of youngsters, it's really a new one in sub Marina because since we have really few players, because to get a submarine's passport it's really really difficult. And our country is made of sixty one kilometers squared and thirty five thousand people throughout the country, So this basically means that you can count on forty to fifty players that normally are splitted between under twenty one and the A team. But from a couple of years the approach was slightly different. If in the past who had to completely recycle in under twenty one and then move on the eight team. Now we don't have any more the fear to launch some youngster in the in the team. You can see from March onwards, I think eight players under twenty three made their deboots with the national team of Submarino. One of them scored in June at the very first caps It's manager Condy Nico sensually had four caps with the one IT goal scored. But it's very the boot in a competitive game because it played the three three friendlies. A couple of players born in two thousand and five two thousand and six were playing last Tuesday. You know, if you need it, you're probably will be pushed to do it. But it's not so easier to think because I mean, this is also the product of a change of mentality that this federation tried to embrace, fully aware that it may lead also to big defeats, but we are quite used to big defeats, so why not try to approach the the situation from another point of view.
Speaker 1: Has it sunk in that that the last twenty years are now, the windless streak is over. Has it really sunk into everyone there, not just on the team and it plays the sport, but to the those who live there. Has it really sunk in that the streak is over?
Speaker 4: You know, you can never seen ever in both directions, because we are fully aware that we weren't. I think we weren't the worst team in the world. Even the diff ranking was telling this, but we hadn't another the chance to challenge our opponents in South Asia Conference, for example. But we are fully aware we're not the worst in the world. After this winning We're not in Brazil, so for sure, I mean in the this victory drove to a different perception from outside because we are and we were and we'll always be fully aware of what we are who we are. But probably from abroad there is this condition of thunderdog. The always losing team as well, seem like why they're taking part to this international stage if they're losing all time, why they should compete in a group. If they are going to lose all the all the game and the other five teams are always get six points with them. I think that we demonstrated that we deserve to stay in this stage even if we are going to lose the upcoming thirty thirty matches. From a Summarian's point of view, I cannot tell you that the average Summarians player is so proud of the sports achievement. Probably they're not used as well. We've seen also in the recent in Tokyo Olympics so three years ago, where we got three medals, and it's an incredible thing if you just think about the average medal for population, but not so much celebration or part is something normal like the defeat. Also the you know, also the good things are taken with all our profile sub marine. I don't know why, but that's it.
Speaker 1: So you've got the matchup coming up, and when you now have what's going on there in Moldova obviously right now Group D one Nations League. Right now you're on top and there's going to be the matchup with Gibraltar to determine who wins the group coming up down the road. When you have matchups like this one coming up with Moldova, what do you, what do you think you're willing to learn about yourselves as a team with this friendly coming up with Moldova where you are right.
Speaker 4: Now, I should forward this question to ad the head coach to have a proper reply. But from a point of view, all the games in which some Marineans vote is involved are the most important of the world. From our point of view, there's no difference between friendly or competitive games, at least in the previous one hunder forty games according to the Gibraltar littens and fixtures a couple of days ago. For sure, the next one would be really really different because as you said, you are on top of the league with the two points on Gibraltar, and if this game against Moldova friendly would have been just three days before the game in Gibraltar, for sure would have been approached in a different way, I'm sure also to preserve and to avoid the potential injury or something like that. But summar In his players have a lot to to to understand two two, to pick up from from any game, from any training and so on. This would be just another opportunity to raise the bar, to increase the level, to better our performance, and you know, to approach a game against another team like Moldova that is competing in the league of the way, the Nationals League and the other group. So also to to to see if we are on the same level or how far we are from them.
Speaker 1: When is the match up against Gibraltar.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's mid October, okay?
Speaker 1: And is it in San Marino at the study O Aplica or is it there?
Speaker 4: No, it will be played in Gibraltar, okay.
Speaker 1: Uh. Well, glad that we were able to catch up. Glad you made it to Moldova safely. Moldova right now leading in Group D two by the way, and uh, Luca, I cannot thank you enough for coming on an American morning show to talk about everything going on there in San Marino. Like I said, we follow We were right there with you, brother and could not be happier with what happened last week. Be safe and have a great fixture, Get home safely, and we will definitely be continue to if it's okay with you as things continue to go, We'd like to keep reaching out. Have you keep coming on the show talk about things and what's going on there in San Marino. Cannot thank you enough for doing this and hopping on we got you out right before five o'clock local time.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Yeah, thank you very much, John, when not hopefully next time on site in America.
Speaker 1: Got you, got it, brother, Thanks again.
Speaker 4: We'll catch up soon, my pleasure. Oh why bye bye?
Speaker 1: All right. Luca PETACIONI he's the press officer for the San Marino national team. That's fantastic, that is absolutely fantastic. The beauty of stream yard and as I said, we are all San Marino. And I'm hoping that I didn't scare Bart away because we were getting into we were really getting into the discussion about the US men's national team and Luca called in early. So Luca called in early at ten a quarter to ten. He wasn't supposed to call in until ten o'clock, but he got in the hotel room and at ten thirty hour time, five thirty local they've got to do their match day minus one press conference stuff with Moldova. So here's here just to recap before Bart comes back on. And Bart knows he's coming. So literally after they won and beat Liechtenstein, I reached out and I was like, okay, can we have some kind of a presence on the show all that, So Luca emails me back and he's like, yeah, we'll be in Moldova. I've got this window of like five to five thirty local time on Monday, and I'm like okay, And like I said, and that was what triggered making sure that Bart could be on and he could be on early. And then of course Luca hit all of his marks early and got all the green lights and came in at a quarter till. And so thanks to Bart for putting the rest of the segment on hold. But yeah, so that was Luca Pelacconi. He's the press officer for the San Marino national team for soccer, and he dialed in from a hotel room in Moldova. Oh brother, all right, So that was that was our number one. And that was hilarious. It was fantastic and hilarious all at the same time. We need to figure out a way to get San Marino's national team over here for a friendly. That's what we've got to figure out. So that's the latest out of San Marino. And like I said, I just wanted to see if we could find someone that could put a voice to what happened when you have a windless streak of twenty years and you have a win at home from someone who was nineteen years old and wasn't even alive when the streak started to get that interview, it's fantastic. But no, I give full props to Luca for that, and that was absolutely wild. But that's the beauty of the morning show that we have occasionally. And like I said that, I didn't know if it was gonna work, I didn't know if Luca was gonna make it in time. I had him scheduled for ten o'clock when they were getting into the hotel, but he got into the hotel early, and got into the hotel a half hour early and then punched all of his punched all his green lights and here we go. Okay, so here's segment number two with Bart uh Hi.
Speaker 3: Bart, morning again, Good morning Will, Good morning Scott, Good morning, Abbey oh Man.
Speaker 1: But no, like I said, uh, Luca PELACIONI was is the press officer for the San marineternational team, And like I said, I didn't know if it was going to work, and at worked, and so we just t it is.
Speaker 3: It is celebration time out in San Marino in the middle of Italy.
Speaker 1: It was fantastic. Okay, So, uh you were yelling about uh the second goal, I don't know if I was yelling was you're still communicating, Okay, then you were sternly communicating about the defensive lapses with the United States and they're lost to Canada. Yeah, I think the frustrating part and I forget who said it in the chat, but you know, Tim reim what you have been great for your club country. You've been a great club player for a long time. But I think this is this is where you do have to fault mikey Varies for being a little too afraid to shake things up. I mean, the mission to me should be we need to start turning the page right, and you kind of even had leeway to do that with the fact that Jedi was out, McKenny was out, Adams is out, you know, and most of those for you know, obviously Adams actually heard, but you know, we allowed the I kind of don't really want to fly over to.
Speaker 3: The States right now, excuse to be which it should be. I mean, I think we've talked about this particular window being superfluous at best and unnecessary probably in reality, and not very well placed on the calendar. FIFA's talking about, if not removing that, moving it back into the month as well, because you're going to get players who are a little not quite ready.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think that.
Speaker 3: You need to start rewarding and punishing players for performances on the field.
Speaker 2: And I think this is.
Speaker 3: Something that the Burholter coaching tree values so highly training sessions and doing drills correctly and doing the instruction part correctly, that they don't seem to value the actual on field performance and production. And that's something that's been very frustrating, is you know, and it's led to Burholter holding on to players for way too long. It's led to you know, players getting complacent in their roles on the team. And Tim Reem is a perfect example of there's a reason why he can't be in this camp. I mean, he's a domestic center back, he's pretty experienced.
Speaker 2: Why not? But why does he need to be the locked in starter, right?
Speaker 3: And if it's just because he does the drills better, well, yeah, he's thirty, dad guns seven years old. He'd better be doing the drill as well in his life, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, So that's kind of where I think the mentality needs to start shifting, and I do blame mikey Varis for not seeing the opportunity to start a guy like Trusty or McKenzie.
Speaker 2: Who if they screw up, then we learned something.
Speaker 3: And that's just where again, these friendlies need to be learning exercises. We didn't learn anything from Tim Breen screwing up a bunch other than he's probably not fit for international play anymore.
Speaker 2: But then you didn't.
Speaker 3: Necessarily bring in someone to you know, sub him off and say, okay, well here's your shot. Christopher Lund had a average day. This was a perfect opportunity for Caleb Wiley to get some playing time and say, hey, look we're struggling right now.
Speaker 2: Let's see if you can go make something happen.
Speaker 3: You saw Aiden Morris take advantage of that opportunity, finally looking good for the in the Red, White and Blue. He's struggled on the international stage. Juxtaposing that to you know, Johnny Cardoso being a very poor performance.
Speaker 2: You know, those were good to see.
Speaker 3: You know, we still haven't seen Josh Sargent play for the US Actional team, I think since twenty twenty two, which is continuing to be a concerning trend for him. Uh, you know, Geo obviously got hurt this camp because you know the law of Geo ranas he can't be healthy for more than a week, and you know that was a problem. And that's that was just you know, frustrating. Is that it's one thing if you're bad, right because you put out a bunch of new players, or because you're trying something new, or because hey, you know what, guys, the point of this friendly is for all of us to go play together and get some new guys some time on the field. If that was your stated goal, because we know the Burrholter treat coaching Tree loves goals and metrics that have nothing to do with actually winning, then that's fine. But that wasn't what was presented here. And you put out a you know, it wasn't like you experimented much with your lineup, right, I mean everyone who played was like, a, well, of course you're going to play because for some reason, Brendan Aaronson is scene as a better soccer player than how do you write?
Speaker 2: Because he, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Moves his feet quicker, even though he doesn't really do anything with that.
Speaker 2: You know, Joe scally is the obvious. Right back back up to Sir Gino Desks.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was bad, but you know, just one of those things where it wasn't like you did anything to go well, you know, look, I'm the substitute teacher, so who cares. It almost felt like he took the Burholter. You know, Greg Burholter left a little folder with the instruction plant, the lesson plan for the day. For some reason, the dude is fired. Who gives a crap? You do something different?
Speaker 2: And he did it.
Speaker 3: He got too scared, and so I do blame Mikey a lot for this, even though he was you know, hot and said, oh, it's on the players.
Speaker 2: Well it's also on you man. You have to set that stand.
Speaker 3: Because we've heard this from Berhalter as well and from players as oh, well it's an intense training session. Well then why doesn't that transfer to the playing to playing in the game. You know, if you're if you're going hard and intense in training, why aren't we Why is that not translating the games? So I'm leading it's leading me to believe that there's not really the intensity that they think there.
Speaker 2: Is in training and they're just saying it is.
Speaker 1: Then you end up with the ratings, which you pretty much have skewered here when it comes to everything. The the oh, by the way goal in the most dangerous leading in soccer came from Luca Delatore. Uh An Ldt scored with about twenty five to go, and once again you look at too little, too late. Mikey varus after the match that I love those guys, but the mentality to fight and run and to sacrifice, I can't do that for them. That's on them. It's a combination between me and them, all of us together. End quote from our friends at a press.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't there. I mean you just you look at the the ratings and no one.
Speaker 3: Did well except for Patrick Shulte, who I think does need to get a shot out. I think people were unfairly criticizing him for that first goal. Maybe you should have done better, But Shlty was the only player who in my opinion, played well this game.
Speaker 1: Looking at our ratings of course, from our friends at Soccer America, Shulty pulled a seven, Chris Richards a three, Tim Reema two, Christopher lund to four along with Joe Scally midfield units musa three, Malex Tilman of three, Johnny two forwards, Brendan Aaronson a three full air and baligant and Christian Polisic got four's subs Aden Morris of five, l D t A six obviously with the goal, Hodgi right at three, Kate cowl a four and Peppy and incomplete obviously with the number of minutes that he that he did not play in the mask gracious rating for Caid Cowell and Next up US gets New Zealand at t Q Well on Tuesday seven o'clock Eastern kick with this this one when it comes to this particular matchup against New Zealand, I mean, obviously you've got to be you've got to do a make good in here somewhere and be out for blood. Yeah, at least figuratively.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's the Greg Burholter mentality that's being transferred through mikey Baris.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's where we're at.
Speaker 3: I mean, responses would be great, but we haven't seen this team respond to adversity really. You know, sure, they tied Brazil, a not very good Brazil team after getting smacked by Columbia, but it's not like they magically flip the switch and we're like, oh, this is how we play soccer again. So you know, yeah, you have to have a better response. New Zealand is a much worse team than Canada, so anything short of a multi goal win is going to reflect badly on everyone involved. I don't care who the coaches and that's kind of what bothers me about this Canada game is I don't who the coach is. The lineup we had and the players we have are better.
Speaker 2: Than the Canadian players.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, David Laren and Davies are very good players, right, but we have players who should be able to match up with them, and we have better overall quality and I did not show And so that's where the frustrating part is. You know, who's going to start showing their actually good quality because right now, not even Christian Polisic is showing their good quality. And you know, again, you can tell me that you need to do this and that and that, but until you actually do it, it's just empty words.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're heading to this match on Tuesday and we'll see where it lays out there is there is a previous soccer for US PO D episode that is out. What are the next plans for a future soccer for you?
Speaker 3: The goal is to record on Wednesday afternoon. I'm flying to Pittsburgh for a certain football game this weekend backyard Brawl, so we better get it recorded by Wednesday so I can edit and send it.
Speaker 2: Out to you. So that is the plan.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we're talking about Pochettino more in this episode and not as much about the actual play on the field, because at that point it won't matter, right if you hire Pochattino and you announce them before Tuesday or even on Tuesday, the performances don't really matter all that much because you can start talking about a new coach and not why this team can't seem to play better than the some of its parts after six years, seven years of trying to do that.
Speaker 1: All right, So I'm before you go, I am looking at the schedule and I am checking the get in price as a subtle plug to our college football show that we have over on the OSG Sports side of things, where we look at football on a budget. And by the way, this is not football on a budget. If you are looking to go into this particular game at actressher In Pittsburgh right now, West Virginia two and a half point favorite. The total sixty and a half three point thirty kick on ESPN two. Get in price at the former Heinz Field is a low, low get in price of seventy two dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what happens when you know a team that actually cares about football college football plays an actresser, You're going to actually have taket prices that are at you know, market value. Oh boy, I mean, look, that stadium is going to be full packed capacity. Last time we played there, it was the largest crowd for a football game ever in this in Pittsburgh. It wasn't because of the pitt fans. I'll just tell you that right now.
Speaker 1: So we will be looking forward to the next go round of the soccer for USPOD, hopefully coming up before your departure. Otherwise you're cutting it into the Pittsburgh airport and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I'm not bringing a laptop with me on this trip.
Speaker 1: So oh okay, so we are cutting ties. Yeah wow, okay, So three thirty kicks Saturday afternoon. Once again, thanks for dropping by in Part one and part two. Considering our guests from from the Central Europe that came out of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well thanks John for having me.
Speaker 2: Everyone stay safe, stay healthy.
Speaker 1: Yes, stay stay stay healthy, and continue drinking the Earl Gray, my friend. And so there goes Bart. Bart's gonna go. I think Bart is gonna end up probably drinking a lot of tea. So all right, so let me go through the comments this morning. We got two major topics before we get out of here this morning, and they probably will take up the balance of the time. One well three, since the two's played this weekend, we'll get into the twos a little bit. With the teams in Major League Soccer that did play this weekend, we have a major point that was made in and a rant by a coach and it was a we have a courtesy of our friends at Massive Report and Wilford Nazi went off and so it is a larger point once again that we have emphasized on the show and we will discuss with what happened in his match. And basically it was one question and the press officer for the Columbus Crew basically said to Wilfrid Nanci when he came in the door opening statement. Nanci was like, nah, give me questions, We'll go ahead and take questions. And so literally he takes the lead in question, goes on this rant for the Ages, and it is a rant for the Ages, and we're gonna play the whole thing. Like I said, I don't normally play something that's that is as long as Caleb Porter, but I thought it was important in the grand scheme of things to understand where he's coming from. I traditionally don't play something that will be as long as the Wilford Nanci rant from the weekend, but it is just as important. I probably will do play by play underneath it as he's going, or reactions underneath it as he's going. So we have the Wilford Nanci concern that we have had here on the show in the past, and we will we'll carry that through and we will let you hear about that. And then the news on Chelsea, and I'm sure that Michael heads ears a burning because there's news there where the partners are angry at each other. Bully is angry at clear Lake, clear Lake's angry at Bowley. And we'll see how it all plays itself out, but we'll get you the play by play on Bowy clear Lake not happy with each other as the owners of Chelsea. And we'll lay all that out for you, and if there's anything that we've missed, lay it out in the twitch pitch. Here's the week, by the way. After that, Tuesday, once again, we'll go over everything else that we missed today. Then Wednesday, since Tyler is back from the boat that he was on with his family and like he tried apparently to get a cell signal once didn't work, so he kept his cell phone off. God helped the man with all the messages he got when he came back. Tyler's at nine to fifteen Wednesday, see if we can catch up with the busiest man in the Northeast, Dyllan Butler. Ten maryon Crowder hopping in to talk USL Super League, Jessica Charman, by the way, calling it matches on Peacock this weekend. She had the Spokane Brooklyn match on Peacock this weekend. We need to catch up with jess about college, about USL Super League, and about Charlotte. So whenever jess can breathe, we'll try to have her on the show. Maryon Crowder, like I said, ten thirty on Wednesday, Thursday. Our number one's wide open right now. It's the Power Hour with Nino and Nico. And remember in Nino's coming with news. Apparently he's gonna break some news on Thursday, and we'll see if we can have Nino and Nico discussed Rolleruy Diaz and what happened with the two with him, with the announcement that happened to the story that happened on Sound or at Heart that we talked about late last week. And then Friday, getting you ready for all of the action on the weekend, Nashville coming town, see if we can get Lucas Panzeka have got lead off and talk about Nashville and see what's going on with him and Nashville in general, and see if we can grab Jason. We can whip around all that stuff on the in between. So that's the week that we've got here on SDH and being here in the office all right, So let's get into the comments and everybody who's hopping and joining us. It looked like Tom Russo was at OBX this past week and so he got the chance to be on vacation and stay away from all of us. Morning Abbey, Morning Will and Abby saw Alex Morgan's goodbye speech and apparently the four letter is annoying. Will and Abby liked the taking off of the cleats as a part of I'm done ownership infighting. What is yeah? What is this Atlanta's spirit? But at least at least Will Bowy clearly can be in the same city and they can yell at each other across the table instead of being in three separate cities and trying to figure out who's in charge. Do not get me started about Atlanta Spirit. Do not. Uh, let's see, so Will says, I thought I got booted for criticizing fanatics quality in a very PG way and I got a six hour ban. Yikes. Abby has not been posting Morning Alex morning. Will Yes, health very pricardive you Bart Yes with the Earl Gray tea. Yeah, and so Will. You mentioned the rant from calib Porter about Timothy Ford. Like I said, Timothy Ford and got a whole lot of friends when it comes to to this side of the aisle or the team side of the isle, because everybody remembers Timothy Ford with Atlanta United. Timothy Ford's got issues apparently with New England on more than one occasion. So it will be interesting to see what, in fact the consequences are. Keep an eye on the weekend and see if Timothy Ford and maybe maybe the weekend, maybe the midweek after because of assignments and travel and all this kind of stuff. Maybe it's If it's not this weekend, check the midweek and check next week and see if there's any internal consequence with Timothy Ford after this outburst, this tirade from Caleb Porter. So we'll see, Uh Morning Scott Scott flood hopping in an hour number one saying hi to everybody, and uh Will says, pro is the combo Carolina pans there's with Daniel Jones as a QB. Apparently the trivia question came out yesterday that Bryce Young improved from half to half, and this was the joke that was circulating that Bryce Young threw an interception on his first pass in the first half yesterday he waited till his second pass to do that in the second half, so there was some level of improvement. Apparently morning Nick's Jason little late to the party, but glad he's here. Abby would wants to know how much he's gonna get fined. I don't know if You're gonna get a number out of this, find an undisclosed amount and will serve a suspension of X number of matches. That's what I think, And it will end up being a news dump probably Thursday, Thursday late maybe, so we'll see what happens there. Nick says with the US legit the worst US M and T performance in a long time, especially to Jesse Marsh and as Punch probably, you know, I don't think he's rethinking his decision. I think that he sees it as a challenge. He's going to bring in his guys. He's going to bring in his staff and we'll see what happens. Uh. So that will be intriguing when it comes to the men's national team. Yes, time you missed all the Boca tak last week. Abby, no freaking passing, the passing suck. Canada deserved the win, the US had no hutzbook. US players didn't want it. Nick says Canada could have should have scored at least for Shelter had a few massive saves, and Nix brought up the question about Tim Reen being in camp and another disappointing crowd for US soccer match of fairly small venue US Soccer fails again to promote the game and actually fill the stadium. Now did you see did you see? Did you see the friendly or the friendly that El Tree had? Way, it was at the Rose Bowl and they had like twelve people there. I'm not kidding. I mean it was. That was pretty bad, and I think I went too far. I don't want to choose a league. I just stop. I think pop up windows, pop up windows from freaking people alleging to be Exfinity while I'm trying to search for things. Wow, is that annoying? Let's see Conker Calf Nations League. I wants to go international friendly, so let's do that, all right? So no, September tenth. I don't want that. So let's back up. Well, and I have Nazi's rant, so it'll be there, all right. So yes, pop up windows pop up because that's what they do, absolutely all right. So I think it was this international friendly with New Zealand. If I could find the date, yes, okay, So it was a nine o'clock start Eastern time at the Rose Bowl on September seventh, so today, so Saturday night, Saturday night, New Zealand was in country, meaning the United States to take on Ltree at the Rose Bowl announced crowd twenty five to seventy one. And I feel sorry for Ltree in New Zealand because Joseph Dickerson was the man in the middle. Three zero win for l three allegedly in front of twenty five two seventy one. I want to say that was tickets sold instead of butts in seats, but that was There were pictures out of that one that not a lot of folks un Morning four card. If the only if the M and T had other options for a right backer, they can play good crosses hm hm, exactly, Abby thoroughly bummed. If Caleb doesn't get any playing time. Potch has to be a motivator of some sort as a coach or somebody has to be a motivator of some sort as a coach or an interim coach. Absolutely, if you're mikey Verius, you've got to motivate your Poachatino, you got to motivate Morning Harry. So yes, Alex, we will be playing Wilford Nanci's rant in its entirety. We have it. It will be played in its entirety. It is worth it because, as I said, it addresses issues we have talked about here on the network a lot, and we'll get into it. So let's go ahead and start the discussion of Major League Soccer. We'll start with Next Pro Two's had a big win, big, big, big, big win on the weekend, going to New York City the Icon Stadium on Randall's Island, first match ever renovated facility. They get the win in PKS. Jaydon Hibbert comes up big again and NYC and Atlanta United draw after ninety minutes stoppage time equalizer Gajardo on a corner to ephrin Morales. Morales heads it in past Luis Barrazza two to two. After ninety they go to PKS. Atlanta United two gets the extra point. So if you missed it, then you can go catch the whole thing on the twos review on the network. It exists twos review on the network. You can go back. You've got highlights and we lay out where things are in the Eastern Conference right now in MLS Next Pro Atlanta United obviously they've got some work to do. Huntsville Cities coming to town on Sunday afternoon, and it will be a chance for Atlanta United two to continue to climb up the ladder in MLS Next Pro and chase after the eighth spot in the standings Conference standings. Just so, just so you know, four matches to go four at Land United to in the regular season f C Cincinnati right now f C Cincinnati two forty five points, Union two at forty three, Columbus Crew to at forty two. NYCFC two got the one point, they're at forty one. Crown Legacy has one more win than Orlando City B. They're both at forty Miami with their win over Huntsville City Football Club, they're now at thirty nine. Doesn't change the eight seed point total, just changes who it is. Chicago Fire two right now thirty eight points, four matches to go at Land United two seven points back with four matches to go, Chattanooga FC behind by one goal and goal difference. They've also played one more match. Chttanoogev C has three matches to go regular season and if you have the chance to go back and listen to chattanoogev C can catch our buddy Gabe Shry who calls the matches up there. At Finn Carolina Corp. Five hundred on the road this season at five and five. After their rough start, they've really come around under Roy Lassiter. The nine seed right now, but they have two matches in hand on Chattanooga one on Chicago Fire two. So they're at thirty four. Red Bulls thirty three points. They are under five hundred at home, I mean at home, they're what are they at home? They're five six and one. No, No, they're away five six and one away from home. Wow, three five and four away from Montclair. So Red Bulls two right now at eleventh at thirty three points. Atlanta's at thirty one through twenty four matches. The only thing keeping a Toronto FC two in the playoff picture is that they have a match in hand with folks underneath them right now nine points out of a playoff spot, match in hand and they've got five to go. Huntsville City and New England have been eliminated from the postseason. Huntsville City at twenty three points, New England Revolution two at twenty to oh eleven and one away from home. So that's Eastern Conference in Major League Soccer. On the weekend, it was a handful of teams that were like and remember in Major League soccer, you have the option to play through international windows. Some teams needed to catch up on matches and they did that, and some teams got in trouble during those matches. So going back to last weekend and the handful of matches that were there, we'll start with the late and we'll work our way forward. Vancouver, Dallas, Goli Straw, Houston LAFC Goli Straw LAC did not have Kiki a Lavera, did not have Danny Bwanga, did not have Matu's Bogush, so shut out for Steve Clark and the Dynamo. DC beat Chicago at Seat Geek. Red Bullerena won to one draw Red Bulls in Sporting Kansas City. We talked about the two two draw with the Revs and Saint Louis. The other match was the first one on the board, Seattle and Columbus. So context Seattle beat the breaks off of Columbus four nill, but it was even until a moment late in the first half that involves part of the plot line that we have here that's attached to the rant for Wilford Nazi. Because Patrick Schulte was away on national team duty, they called up Abraham Romero to be their keeper. Evan Bush was injured, so Abraham Romero was the Cruise keeper. And because of all of the call ups that they've already made this season, they could not call up another individual, so Abraham Romero was the keeper. That's it. Abraham Romero, bang, that's it. The bench for Columbus on Saturday night did not have a second keeper. You had three players that were called up from Crew two. Oh impressed this, Tahaha Brun and Gibron Ryoh. Then you also had Derek Jones, Ya Yaboa, Dwan Jones and c Ram so you had a seven player bench. You did not have a backup keeper because of all of the call ups that you have already made this year. So Abraham Romero goes outside the eighteen for a challenge, plows into the Seattle player at forty five plus three gets a red card. So once again, no backup keeper for Wilford Nanci because of all of the previous call ups that he's made this year, and that included the match that was going on against Seattle. Two keeper injured Shelty Away on international team duty, so that men Abraham Romero got the call up. No backup, Romero gets a red card. Shan Zowatsky defender had to wear a keeper jersey for basically the remainder of the first half and all the second half, like fifty minutes or so of action where shan Zawadski has to wear a keeper jersey gets beaten on the set piece off of the red card as Albert Rusnach was on his way to a hat trick, one nail at the break. Jordan Morris scores in the sixtieth Rousknock scores. Basically, a brace within three minutes gets a hat trick. Seattle goes on to win at four nil. So that was a game the crew had to make up because they were kind of busy right now. In the Eastern Conference, Messi and friends have an eight point lead with twenty seven matches played. Cincinnati's eight back. Columbus still has a match in hand on Cincinnati. There are two points behind them right now in third at forty nine points. So it's one, then it's two and three, then it's red bulls, and then the fight starts five through the remainder. NYC at thirty nine, Charlotte at thirty eight, eight, Orlando at thirty seven, four, five, six, and seven are a group technically then because of all the action, Toronto's at thirty three, DC's at thirty two, that's your playoff bar, Atlanta's at thirty one, Philadelphia is at thirty four. Teams separated by three points eight through eleven. New England Montreal both at twenty seven points. New England ahead the goal difference of a minus twenty one Montreal's and minus twenty three Chicago and Nashville. Chicago at twenty eight matches as twenty six points, and they're ahead on goal difference by two. So twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, four teams separated by one point. After the match, Columbus loses four nil. Keeper gets a red. Shawan Zawatski has to play the remainder of the MA match as your keeper because you don't have a backup keeper because of all of the call ups that you've made this season, all those emergency callups that we always see, like so and so called up from the twos, all of the emergency call ups that were made, none of them could be an emergency keeper. And so your keeper gets a red that you called up that you had as your third but you had no backup. So after the match, and once again this is courtesy of of our friends in Columbus. This was what Wilfrid Nanci said, and like I said, it's a long thing, but it's worth it. This is what Wilford Nanci said after the match when he really wasn't even asked about it, but he talked.
Speaker 6: About it the game tonight to visit and my plan was to talk about Shustaph already win or lose, I'm gonna try to beat Coherent because this is not for me. Yes, we lost today, obviously I'm not happy with that, but I'm not appy also about the lack of understanding of a clear situations. So I'm going to explain myself after to night game. We are at salin nine matches played. We were mandated to have three goalkeepers on the team sheet for CCC. This is what we did. We had to use a coll op for a friendly game against aston Villa. So why I'm not happy before the game all the week it's happened. I was not appeal about that because there is a rule, as you know, we can use only four times four collps. One player from the reserve team was a contract as you know, you know the issue that we had with the goalkeepers, with even Bush, So we tried to anticipate that we trade for adding a Ford goalkeeper, knowing that we could have a situation like this today. And when we ask before the game to have another call Op four our goalkeeper for the reserve team, they said no, knowing that these games seattle. We were supposed to play this game in March, around March. So for me, yes, we lost. But again the MLS, the league, there is a clear evolution about the way we do things, the numbers of game that we have. There is addition for the League's Cup, there is addition for the World Cup, and so on and so on and so on.
Speaker 1: We are pleased with that. All.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you ask me the question about how many games you gotta be tired, we have. We have a lot of games and so on. I never complained because I said we won't. So this is the reward of the fact that we won't. So we have games, and we are pleased with that. We are proud of that. But I cannot understand whence there is a lack of coherence. We have a simple rules. That's why we don't use the color when we do the frontly game, the precison game, we play the stone Villa, so start and call, we call them, they play serow minutes and we use all the eight corps total for them. So what is the point. I'm not asking to ban the coll ops. I'm asking to add more corps because we have more games. This is impossible to think like that for me. This is a lack of this is this is I'm losing a bit my words in English. But this is not this is a command in manonette and manionette. This is this is this honest. So we just asked to add a coll op because of the situation that I told you. We said no, they said no, But we use a coll op for the friendly game, and we we.
Speaker 1: Are a club to develop players.
Speaker 6: So what is the message? Knowing that I can talk because we have a young team, and we are able to win with a young team, and we are able to do good things with the academy. I'm really proud of all the players I want with the national team. I'm not complaining. I don't complain about that. I have no problem with that. I do this job for that. But why are we going to sign a player a young player a professional contract for one game, knowing that this is not the moment to sign this player, because what is going to happen what we're gonna sign this player is going to come in the local room, He's going to be part of the group. But he's not ready for that. So what is the message for the young players in the academy? Oh, yes, I signed a player because I didn't have a goalkeeper or they didn't have a player. Hey, to become a professional player. Sorry my language, but this is fucking difficult. Ah, we signed him. Call, we signed him, but there is different pathway with that call. We had to learn him because there is different pathway to become a good consistent player. I'm not saying that we will not sign player. I will like young players, That's why I'm here. I like also odd player, but then we should have consistency. It's a wrong message if we don't adjust that with the number of the game that we have, it's the wrong message. The league wants to add more young players, no problem. I started my career at eighteen years old, but I stop at twenty two years old. Maybe I started to first, Maybe I earned a lot of money when I was eighteen years old, but at twenty two years old, I had no more money. So what is the singal? So we're gonna sign a player to give him a good salary at eighteen years old or seventeen years old. Instead of winning thirty thousand dollars, we're gonna give him a salary of eight year thousand dollars. It's gonna be happy, but at the end of the day, it will not play. There is different pathway for few players, so the CBER they have to understand that. And I'm not upset because we lost the game.
Speaker 2: I was a bit.
Speaker 6: I was upset already before the game all week because this is not careerrent.
Speaker 1: Thank you courteousy of our friends at Massive Report. That was Wilford Nanci after lose the match at home to Seattle on the weekend. It is a topic that we've brought up here on the morning show a lot and nan Sea makes a lot of good points in this. You have to make a call up for a friendly against aston Villa and it counts against your numbers. If that is in fact the case, then you ought to get to make good from the league for having that call up that you had to have in a friendly that has no bearing on anything going on in Major League Soccer. We've talked about it when it comes to other competitions. We've talked about it when it comes to how the league in and of itself has addressed Open Cup in the past and probably should address Open Cup in the future. Relax your roster rules. Relax your roster rules in an Open Cup situation. Relax your roster rules for those friendlies. Because once again, as well for Nanzi said he had to make he had to have a call up for a friendly against aston Villa, And I think that what this is once again, I think that once again it emphasizes the need for Major League Soccer. Let me see if I have something that would fit here. This notebook doesn't have all of the pages in it anymore. I've used a lot of pages traditionally when we have a notebook, you know, when we get the notebook at the beginning, this is almost like doctor Joe Macknick and the rule book. You know what, what what does the notebook do? Notebook's flexible rule the rules of the game. The rules of the game, according to Doctor Joe flexible. So once again we have an instance where Crew because of all of their specific rules that you have to have, the rules of engagement, the rules of the road when it comes to roster call ups, and the machinations of paying a player. I mean he mentioned Cole Moroca, who we've seen with Crew two with Atlanta United. To to help further Cole's career, you loaned him out. In some situations when you have to call a player up, I mean, you're you're paying them that you know, that daily salary, or you're signing him to a deal, to a first team contract, the veteran men, that eighty thousand number that he mentioned. But what good does it do? I mean, it does great for your bank account, no doubt, but what good does it do under the current construct of the rules. If you're called up, you're signed to a first team deal because you need a guy because you've got other guys that are, you know, off international duty, which is a good thing, But what good does it do the player if you sign him to a deal, you know, and if it is the first team contractor what have you. You bring the player up under whatever construct you want to use, and he doesn't play. Like I said, we've seen it with the Landy United that Landy United's had to bring players up just to kind of fill out a bench they don't play. But once again with will Ford NANSI what he said after the match, he said, he's not complaining about the match. It was what it was. He was mad coming in because of all of the machinations that he had to do, and he only had the one keeper because of all of the previous machinations he had because he's so successful as a club inside Major League Soccer, he only had the one keeper. Abram Romero gets a red card. Shan Zawatski, here's your multicolor jersey. You get to wear it for the rest of the day. But I think this is the most recent example of how the roster rules and the roster rules of engagement need to be more flexible. I don't understand if this is in fact the case where if you have to have callups for a friendly, how that counts against you. In your eight call ups during a year, four of which you can use, four of which players you can how that counts against you. I don't understand that. I really don't. That should be something that should be taken off to the side. It is a friendly. It is outside the construct of any kind of a competition that matters involving a Major League soccer club, but apparently it doesn't. So you've got to be mindful of who you call up for these kinds of things, knowing in fact that it is a friendly, knowing that you don't want to damage any of your starters. But at the same time, folks are paying good money to see your starters play minutes. So I think that once again Wilford Nanci is reinforcing the fact that we got to take a look at the rules of engagement from Major League Soccer, benefiting the clubs, making sure that they can be as flexible as possible when it comes to competitions, because if you're successful once again, you're gonna need to figure out how to navigate ate everything so you can be as one hundred percent as possible and that could have a not gone effect in how you navigate your Open Cup. Rosters do it like they do you know, the the NBA, the ten day deal, but don't sit there and put a number on it. You can only do it X number of times this season. Well what if what if you're successful, or what if you have more things going on than x number of games allow you get pinned into a situation like Wilford Nanci did this past weekend with Columbus. Like I said, we looked at the bottom of that roster, the game day roster, Tahaja Brun Gibron Rayo, and who was the third who was the third roster? Who was the third one that I can't remember, uh Tahaha Brun Gibron Ryo and the third one crap, I can't remember who the third one was. This is what happens when you end up with with crew two on the brain and you can't remember who it was, Who was it? Who wasn't? Who was it? Oh? Oh, I press this? I mean Seattle had Seattle signed Georgie Manongoo to a deal, and Niko Morena was under the impression that was probably gonna end up being a permanent But you look at Sutak Tahara, Dylan Tevis, Jacob Castro, those individuals are probably heading back to Tacoma. But Minongoo signed a deal, signed that first team contract. But they had a they meaning Seattle had a longer bench in this matchup than Columbus did. No backup keeper, seven players deep, three called up from Crew two nine for Seattle on the day, and it looks like three were called up from crew two and you sign man noon go to a first team deal. So once again, this is another situation, another variant of the same topic that we've had on a couple of different occasions. But my biggest raising of the hand is why should a friendly count against you? Why should a friendly count against you? Alex, Yes, this CBA really liked how it was in a generalized gripe about MLS, but a very specific takedown because players get paid for friendlies and the players' union doesn't differentiate the competition its members are laboring in. The union doesn't want the players to get used to too much without the guarantees of a contract. And no, it's not any and Alex, you know, Alex says it's not an easy thing to fix on the fly. As much as MLS loves to lay a directly in front of them, Alex doesn't think this is on them directly. No, I mean it was something that was negotiated in a CBA, and so I think that you have to have that baseline of you have to have those guideposts. But I think that also when it comes to competition. I think that the league can sit there and make allowances when it comes to call ups and player involvement, you know, second team players and academy players and all that kind of stuff. If in that, you know, then if in that match, the fore nill not the the Villa friendly. If in I mean the friend, let the friendly be a friendly. Fine, But since it is outside of the construct of a match inside of Major League Soccer, then it shouldn't. It should not count against everything else that's attached. It's another example, another example of a couple of line items that are in the CBA that I think need to be looked at because then because of your own success and you're having to work on the fly, you get too late in the year and you have a situation like we have this weekend, amplified by the fact that the keeper that you had your only keeper, ends up with a red card. So I think that I think that both sides have to sit down at the table and make allowances for Okay, well, say a friendly doesn't attach itself to the regular season or any competitions that the Major League Soccers attached to League's Cup, Open Cup, regular season, so those outside friendlies should not count in the instances of trying to call someone up and be okay and just to have them, you know, and have it be okay basically. So I didn't know if I was going to go that long with it, but but I thought it was important. You know, when you've got when you have a coach like Wilford Nanci who is as successful as he is lay out an issue that he has with roster construction and being able to construct a roster on a game day basis. Like I said, much with Caleb Porter in our number one all right, Abby, good to see you, Thank you for catching up with me yesterday offline, and I thought I thought that hearing both of those press conference opportunities in their entirety, I thought it was important so we all can hear something more than a SoundBite when it comes to when it comes to those coaches and their issues that they have and understandably so okay. News of the day legitimately probably has more to do with our friends that the athletic than anything else. Abstromobiles almost completed with decor people, very very cool.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Biggest topic that I wanted to get into this morning has to do obviously with Chelsea and the ownership crisis therein as it's being referred to. It appears that not everything is right in Mudville, and we go to our friends at the Athletic. I love how once again, how it's a New York Times byline. I think that I always thought that that was pretty funny. But it appears that obviously things ain't right right now with Chelsea as they sit there and they give me a as they give me an article about Ernest Slut and what he's going through at Liverpool, which is the one that I didn't click on. Why clearly In Bowley's marriage is at a breaking point once again? It is Toomey Simon Johnson and a lot more dudes. So a little bit more than two years after their takeover clear Lake's Capital, clear Lake Capital's marriage to Todd Buley is in tatters. Those are the words that they use. Rumbling is the discontent audible behind the scenes. Specific accusations of breakdowns and relations between Bowley and clear Lake co founder Beatadic Bali, We're always denied until now now, in the wake of a Bloomberg report last week that revealed clear Lake and Bully are each exploring the ownership options. All parties for the first time acknowledged the scale of the riff. People from there with Bowley's thinking say he considers his relationship with clear Lake and Igbali to be irreconcilable, and the others claim the two men barely speak to one another. Med the many points of contention broad agreement. Three factors, in particular, if contributed to the fracturing of the owners A fundamental cultural difference in how the Premier League club should operate. That's not good clear Lake and Bully, each believing the other has sought to unduly influenced sporting decisions. Two the decision to mutually part ways with Mauricio Pochattino at the end of last season, which exposed the first public fault lines three lack of tangible progress in the stadium project over the last two years, with the club not yet resolved on a revamp or a rebuild of Stamford Bridge or moving to a nearby sighted Earl's Court. Meeting took place last month when the pair decided to explore their options. Bowley and associates have received approaches from investors in recent weeks with a view to buying out clear Lake. While clear Lake has aspirations to buy out Bully, committing one point to more than one point two billion pounds in transfer fees generating more than five hundred million pounds in sales, Bully has been the name most often cited. He has not led recruitment at Stamford Bridge, however, since January of twenty three, when he relinquished his interim sporting director title once again. That coincided with Paul win Stanley and Lawrence Stewart as co sporting directors. Eg Bali remained very active on the sporting side, flying to Turkey with wyn Stanley to pitch Shaktardnets on a deal to sign Mikayla Mudric initially for seventy with a further thirty in potential due to do in performance related add ons. That's a possible one hundred million euro max on Moudric, contributing to why they signed him to an eight year deal so they could defray the cost all the way through. Win Stanley and Stewart continue to work closely with Eggbali. They led the negotiations on getting Enzo Fernandez from benficag Bali's more engaged in the day to day, but Stanford Bridge and at Cobbham the training complex. As the representative of the private equity, from the own sixty one and a half percent of the club's shares, he can be considered the most powerful figure. Bully's approach, is evidenced by his work with the Dodgers, is to hire specialists and allow them to get on with their jobs, while clear Lake, particularly ag Bali, has taken a role considered by Bully to be micromanaging. A source close to Bullie's side described Agbali's being obsessed with player trading. One person familiar with Clearlake's thinking disputes this, insisting Agbali's level of engagement in Chelsea's recruitment serves only to support Winn, Stanley and Stuart, not least regarding the numbers involving the transfers and contracts and structuring of deals where his financial acumen complements their football expertise. In any case, all major decisions taken at Chelsea requires sign off from Bowley, ag Bali and Clearlake co founder jose E Feliciano. Boley has never exercised his veto power over transfers. The lack of open resistance, according to figures close to him, is due to a desire to pick his battles. Similarly, Similarly, no clear like checks on any of the transfer business conducted during Bullie's ill fated tenure as interim sporting director in summer of twenty two, tried to address the unsuccessful signing selling Kula Bali and Obama Yang, freezing out Sterling before loaning him to Arsenal Yep. Many have questioned the wisdom of subsidizing a large part of Sterling's wages as he lines up for a team likely to be bone of Chelsea's competitors in the Champions League Totino. In the second half of May, Bully made public pronouncements at Sportico and that the quitar economic forum that appeared to advocate for keeping him on his head coach. Bully then raised his eyebrows at Stamford Bridge by inviting Pochettino to a private dinner on the Friday evening before chelsea season ending home win against Bournemouth, a courtesy that the coach promptly disclosed the journalist. In his final press conference of the campaign following Tuesday, it was announced that they decided to part ways. After six hours of discussions over two days at Cobham with wyn Stanley Stewart and agbaliwell Bully dialed in from the US. People familiar with Bully's thinking say he wanted Chelsea to retain Pochattino, didn't formally veto when the final decision was mutually reached. These sources and he considers meaning Bully. Bully considers egg Bali to be trigger happy and the driver of the call to move on in the Pochattino case. Also, a belief on the clear Lake side being overruled by Chelsea's sporting leadership on Pochattina was the tipping point for Bulli to begin exploring his options within ownership structure, diverging interests. Question is why the parties didn't see the tension coming when they came together to buy out Abramovich back in twenty two. Never operated a business together going in tensions during Pochettino's tenure and the way he played out his exposed the fault lines among Chelsea's owners once again, which have now fractured. So it is a long read, no surprise, but it goes into the stadium issues, and it goes into the relationship or lack thereof now with Bully and clear Lake, so we'll see what happens there. Matching rights veto powers regarding potential offers from outside investors. Clear Lake can therefore credibly argue all roads must go through its majority shareholder, but Bully and the others also have to a measure of protection against any changes to the ownership structure that do not have their approval. Also important note that not all Chelsea shares are created equal. Clear Lake shares are Class A Senior, Bully and his co investors are Class B junior meeting the latter are exposed to first loss of the club loses value. Walter and Viz would be guaranteed the same rate of return on selling their stakes as like Bali, Feliciano and clear Lake. Clear Lake and Bolli have set out their respective stalls, but posturing with an exaggerated level of conviction high level business. Neither party is going on the record to clearly state their intentions really and reassure the club's supporters. Nobody knows how or when this will end it ends quote. What is clear, however, is that the public litigation of these grievances only deepens the sense of disorienting instability Chelsea failed to escape since the first sale sign went up outside Stanford Bridge more than two years ago. So that is your requested required reading. Kind of bounced around and talked about it a little bit. But yes, according to Crafton, the source attention interesting more than just Postchatino's exit, which bully opposed but didn't formally veto ultimately a culture clash between investor types individual money equity versus private equity. And then Crafton has the look of that in New York Times. So that is that's your Monday. That's your monday here at SDH. Let me second see if there's anything to watch, what to watch, how to watch it, where to watch it, those kinds of things. Like I said, tomorrow, it'll be uh be back to normal unless something else breaks that we don't know about, and then we'll talk about it. So what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it. Soccer on TV today got a lot of college stuff obviously. Nations League at ten o'clock on CBS Sports Network. Guatemala, Costa Rica Group play in Nations League France and Belgium at two forty five on FS two Valor and Ottawa eight o'clock in the Canadian Premier League on FS two. On the Plus La Liga two Castillo and Katis at three. Fox Soccer Plus has group play Cyprus, Costovo, Norway and Australia noon and two forty five concic CAB Nations League. It is a big day for concic CAB Nations League three six nine to twelve fifteen matches in concor CAB Nations League today. Trying to see if there are any interesting ones a Aruba Puerto Rico at eight, Guatemala, Costa Rica at ten. Apparently the Dominican Republic Dominica match is going on right now. Let's see Antiga and Barbuda take on Bermuda four. Barbados takes on the US Virgin Islands Cubanicaragua four, Saint KITT's Nevis on the b and the BBI at four thirty. Honduras and Jamaica is your nightcap at ten o'clock. So that's that's where to watch it. How to watch it because it's on Paramount Plus, all of it it's on Paramount Plus. So thanks to uh, thanks to Luca Pelacione. That was crazy. Uh, Luca Pelachoni, the press officer for the SANA, the Samona Nase, the San Marino men's national team for soccer. They were calling, he was calling in from Moldova. They got a friendly tomorrow against Moldova's They get ready for their matchup against Gibraltar to see if they can get out of Group D one and maybe get into Group C when it comes to Uaphan Nations League. Great for Bart to come by, and uh grateful that Bart let everything go on hold. Came back and we talked about yelling at people. So uh, that's all the info that you needed when it came to the US men's national team, all the roughing down here on Alex Morgan, all that kind of stuff that was USM and T at the soccer for USPOD at Bartamus Prime nineteen played Caleb porter Rant going into Bart's segment where he really might be getting a large or short envelope with a lot of large letters in it. Big fine, we'll see what happens. Keep an eye on Timothy Ford in his activity, see if there's any repercussion there when it comes across the board. And then it was catching up with all of you guys, and once again another rant well for Nanci, but there was a reason for it. I think there was a good reason to remind everybody about it. So that is the rundown of everything here today. Be back at it again in a little less than twenty two. By the way, thanks to our friends of the Alliance Nurse Corps over thirty years of experience in finding folks their first gig in nursing or finding folks their next gig in nursing. Go to our friends and Alliance Nurse Corps and you can either start your journey or continue your journey in a different direction that you may not have necessarily thought. Going to Alliance Nurse Corps. You hit that QR code, takes you to Alliance Nurse Corps. Then they ask how you found out about it. If you sit there and go SDH show serious to SDH the SDH Network. Soccer down here, So thanks once again to our friends and Alliance Nurse Corps. Thanks to our friends at Kaiser Permanente, and thanks to all of you guys for hanging out as well every single day from nine oh five until whenever we're going through the day in soccer, sometimes we'll go off the rails and we'll go to other places more often than that. That's just kind of how we are. But once again, thanks to everybody who hopped intoday. Listen to the two big Rants, Listen to Bart Rant, Listen to the story about what's going on in the in the Principality of San Marino morning. David, good to see you as well. Once again. Back in a little less than twenty two we'll do it all over again and we'll talk about everything going on in the world of soccer. I gotta find the clothes because then I can close. There's my Altroy slide and I'll whistle us out. Played safe. Everybody will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Oh Mis looks