Speaker 1: On on on, We're on on. Welcome to the CECO pre Shiow for episode four eighty.
Speaker 2: What ready one?
Speaker 3: Oh? I thought he was telling us to wait one minute? No any one? I had the number?
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, we are here. We're brought to you by the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com slash CECO podcast as I turned my totally professional phone off.
Speaker 3: Whether they like it or not, yeah, hey and they do. CEO Sidewalk slam Out launched today.
Speaker 2: Definitely watched it while I ate lunch.
Speaker 3: Did you laugh?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: I laughed pretty hard, and the wife and the kid laughed at at Rusty Trump Jones fist pump intro.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you haven't seen it yet, go watch it. It's available on I think. I posted it like on all of our socials. I posted it to our local group like our local Facebook group for for Saskatoon and said get in touch with Uncle Brando if you're local and interested in playing and will book.
Speaker 4: You or if you want to like drive here also yes, also I guess or Teleport Submarine.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny is is last? Like for that game?
Speaker 1: Both the guests flew here Yea and for our next two people that are already booked also driving here, not from Saskatoon.
Speaker 3: So that's a little teaser.
Speaker 2: We're doing it. Why are we doing that again?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll have to get on that soon. You know who we are and you're probably watching, so get at us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, yes, now we are gonna continue sort of our conversation from the last couple of weeks. We're talking about brackets and game changers, but we're gonna do it a little bit differently this week on episode forty one proper. We have got the Commander band list here and we've invented kind of a little bit of a game.
Speaker 4: Are we gonna play the game or are we just going to talk about the cards and then say what the fuck is up?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably the game is gonna come up in short a couple times and we'll have the whole discussion.
Speaker 3: Because you were actually talking with the dude bros. Last night.
Speaker 2: I took it to the people and then drank a bunch of beer.
Speaker 3: I also drank a bunch of beer, but I was with my neighbors. But you you, yeah.
Speaker 2: Didn't hang out with your friends. You can hang out with your neighbors.
Speaker 3: Well, my neighbors are also my friends. I see how these are. The Venn diagram of friend and neighbor is almost two circles. There's like a couple of neighbors I don't like, sure, and I don't think any of them. Watch so I can say that, not have them, wonder.
Speaker 2: Who who they are and fuck you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I totally off topic.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about the band list tomorrow, blah blah blah, and uh, that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: But I have something for you, Okay.
Speaker 2: I love one stuff. Is it money?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Is it gainful employment through which I can acquire money?
Speaker 3: Definitely not. That's gonna be pretty hard to come by.
Speaker 4: Me thinks, well, I'm less interested now, No, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So is it something I can sell for money?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 2: But you're not gonna want to Okay, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: So I have my interested I have this and and it's on the other side of it is a print.
Speaker 3: And what it is I actually found it?
Speaker 4: Is it incriminating photographic evidence of somebody who has lots of money doing something? They would give me their money so that they So I don't tell everybody what's on the picture.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a good way to make money, but I'm not gonna recommend that on the internet.
Speaker 2: Dog all right, Fine, So a couple.
Speaker 1: Of years ago, our friends Aaron and Amy stayed over at my house. They came to a couple of my son's games. They went to some Saskatoon Blades hockey games.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I went too. Yeah, yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 1: And they gave us some Christmas presents. Now fast forward to now, you've acquired lots and lots I assume of dark misprinted Griffin canyons from the Visions set, just despite me. So I can't own them because you probably control the global market supply of it.
Speaker 4: I own all of them, so you can't have any. Yes, now, I'm working very hard at that, and I'm very pleased with myself.
Speaker 2: For the record.
Speaker 1: Over the last week or so, I have been moving my upstairs office and studio and magic collection and all of my nerdy shit. I've been moving that downstairs to Studio CCO so I can be permanently down there in the studio all the time. Because Rebecca, my wife, got a work from home job. She started this new job, and I gave her, like the grown up looking big girl office with the plants and the bookshelf, and her degrees are like hanging on the wall and stuff.
Speaker 4: You're gonna give me her old job so that I can do it and acquire currency.
Speaker 2: Excellent.
Speaker 4: This is the contract that I will sign to make me some kind of doctor or something.
Speaker 1: Well, when I was when I was moving stuff in my house, I found a piece of a Christmas present that Aaron and Amy gave to you that I didn't know about, and you didn't know about, and they didn't know about. Nobody knew about this because I found it in a place that Christmas presents ought not to be and it almost got thrown in the garbage.
Speaker 2: Was it in your butt? No?
Speaker 1: No, but I could have put it there because it does does roll up quite nicely. Okay, So anyways, they gave you the brash Taunter print.
Speaker 2: Remember, Yeah, it's hanging in my living room.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's by h. Svetlin Volativ.
Speaker 1: I had his name on my phone, hold ontlandtland Velanov.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he did this other print that I have, and I'm gonna give to you as a token of good faith or eventually passing away of old age, and me inheriting.
Speaker 3: Those Griffin canyons. Idiot, So I have this. I don't know if it's going to show up on the green screen. Maybe we have to turn the green screen off.
Speaker 2: We don't have a screen, so I can't see it.
Speaker 3: Oh oh fuck, yeah it's what yeah? Car?
Speaker 1: Is that? That is the showcase art for Endurance from Modern Horizons. What two sure Modern Horizons too. And it says thanks from Zetlan on it and it's signed twenty twenty two and now you.
Speaker 3: Own it and it has nothing to do with brash Taunter.
Speaker 1: But it also came with the big art print of brash Taunter that Aaron and Amy gave you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so now you have that, and it's actually a nice piece of art.
Speaker 2: Yeah that is I'll hang out in my house too.
Speaker 1: You could hang it by like your plants at your balcony and they maybe have something to aspire to, like you know how the bodybuilder kid like has the picture of Arnold Schwarzenegger right beside like his workout ben in his bedroom and he like stands in front of Arnold and he pretends in the mirror that Arnold's muscles behind him are actually his.
Speaker 4: Muscles and then he flexes and his arm goes down, Yes, like a noodle.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely not speaking from experience there, but maybe your plants could do that with with that.
Speaker 4: I do have plants now. I have a spider plant who's like kind of a dick.
Speaker 2: Yes, not quite Jake the snake plant, but.
Speaker 3: He's pretty bad Jake the snake. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I got some cactuses that are really good. I actually, finally, after years and years, I gave them new dirt to live in. After the cleaning people at my former place of employment, uh dropped them on the ground and then didn't put the dirt back in the oh thing. They were just existing on the dirt that their their roots finished to hang on to. I just kind of smushed them into their planter.
Speaker 2: Hav any more dirt.
Speaker 1: You were like the benevolent god giving them more dirt to live in.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, thank you, And now they have more dirt.
Speaker 3: Brand Jesus.
Speaker 2: Went to high school together, so it's okay if I say that.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Jesus, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, So he.
Speaker 2: Was the right guy invited all the cool parties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got invited to one. I could think I didn't want to go too much.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have that now, and that's that's all I really had planned for the pre show. I want to talk about Sidewalk Slam again. Gotta watch it because we worked very fricking hard on it took me a long time.
Speaker 2: And it's really fun. I watched the whole game. Yeah, the thing is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's all I got. I don't know you got any this pregame.
Speaker 4: There's postgame interviews, yes with with your boys and yes.
Speaker 3: And me and the CCO. The Ceco Lounge is what I'm calling the postgame interview. We gotta I even had.
Speaker 1: I looked up like I think I typed in like on the music finding service. I think I typed in.
Speaker 3: Like sexy music. So it's got some old bound like soft.
Speaker 4: I was wondering why there was porno music playing in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's a laugh track.
Speaker 2: I also appreciated that laughing, but not that hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's fun and I hope everybody watches it and enjoys, because if you don't, I.
Speaker 2: Might have to come to your house and take your job. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I was gonna make them take a survey as to why they didn't like it, and nobody likes surveys.
Speaker 2: No, somebody comes to your judge.
Speaker 4: Remember that episode of Animaniacs one did you like to take a survey?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: And they pop out of the garbage can. What'd you like to take a survey?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna Maybe I'm gonna bury us a little bit here.
Speaker 1: But I really dislike Animaniacs.
Speaker 3: I know it's not a show that I like.
Speaker 1: I don't like Buster and Babs, like the tune baby guys. I don't like whoever those tiny tiny tuns. Yeah, I don't like those guys. I don't like Pinky in the Brain. I don't like any of those Warner Bros. Cartoons from the nineties.
Speaker 2: What about the Good Feathers.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: Those were the pigeons that were like they were gangsters and they fought the sparrows all the time.
Speaker 3: I probably don't like them.
Speaker 2: It's pretty fun.
Speaker 4: You'd probably like that, Okay, very s shorts, like you want to rumble with the sparrows.
Speaker 2: Okay, well rumble, but no weapons, and then they walk away in the sparrow goes. You'll rumble get the weapons.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I like that that was pretty funny.
Speaker 4: He shows off he's got like a helmet on that's got like a laser guided needle.
Speaker 2: On the front. No, you wearing the Actme make a peek over here trying to kill it.
Speaker 1: Did any of them have like a swing and a bike chain or like a cudgel with a nail driven through it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, they're like brass knuckles on their wings and stuff.
Speaker 3: Is pretty good. Okay, I don't mind that fun You.
Speaker 2: Probably get a kick out of those ones.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm going to get a kick out of playing this band list game that we made up. I'm going to get a kick out of just talking and hearing what everybody's opinions were over beers and uh and that's gonna be the show, the.
Speaker 2: One that had the most guessing game.
Speaker 4: If you want to win a Ceco sticker packer job, a CEO token pack, or a plan old shitty booster pack from the magic cards, you have to guess which card on the band list received the fastest.
Speaker 2: You a versal.
Speaker 4: Agreement that this thing should stay on the band list forever. Oh and it's not the one that you think it is.
Speaker 3: Is it? Oh man? Okay, I'm gonna play the game right.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, is it?
Speaker 4: You get two guesses, and if you guess it right, I'm still gonna say no.
Speaker 2: Oh but now I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: And it's not Power nine, not blackloadus dozens are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were only the ones we talked about, and we didn't talk about the Power nine. We didn't talk about the Dexterity cards, and we didn't talk about.
Speaker 2: Like the band is Commander ones.
Speaker 3: That are just talking list. Oh man, you're.
Speaker 2: Never gonna guess. You just just.
Speaker 3: Stays banned forever.
Speaker 4: Well just well, yeah, everybody's just like not leave a band. Just everybody universally at the table, there's like.
Speaker 2: Ten of us.
Speaker 3: Frick is itmas Bargain No, oh fucks, that was my one guess. I got one more guess Paradox Engine Nope, dammit no fuck I suck.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well we'll find out tomorrow on the show episode for eighty one. Hit Our Themes for eighty one watch Sidewalk Slam hit Our theme song burberba
Speaker 3: H When last head I was right,