Speaker 1: You're listening to camp I am six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: And yeah, good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: Yep, another day, another dollar, except we work at iHeart, so it's another eighty two cents.
Speaker 3: And good morning one. Good morning all, Neil, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Willie Wolf, Good morning sir.
Speaker 1: Yes, Neil, I've been talking about a new barbecue device that I am going to get, and I'm.
Speaker 4: So proud of you grilling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did my grill for the first time and had to call on Neil three times because those were really expensive pieces of meat.
Speaker 5: I can't wait for you. You've got a killer meat loaf in your repertoire.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh, you have done great brick brisket, but how you've got to do it on the grill.
Speaker 4: You have a great noodle coogle. I do.
Speaker 3: I do a noodle coogle.
Speaker 1: Google is a sort of a Jewish dish and it is uh noodles that Google. Uh, it's a it's a it's a I am it's a noodle dish.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a noodle it's a noodle dish and you can either do it's made out of noodles, and you can either do a sweet Google or a savory google. Sweet is imagine this. It's basically noodles that you cook and then cream and eggs and a binder and cinnamon and uh, white raisins as we talked to you about yesterday, golden raisins usually, and it's just just spectacular. It's a sweet dessert. Uh it's just a sweet side dish. And then there is a savory one where you do it without the raisins, without the sugar, without the sweet stuff, and you put potatoes and that's a potato coogle. So it's just so delicious. It's a wonderful dish.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 1: It's insanely fattening, but uh so is everything that. It's an Ashkenazi dish.
Speaker 3: It's a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all like and it's and it's part of and it's part of Jewish culture, and it follows the Jewish mantra that's been around since the days of Abraham. They came, they killed this, Let's eat okay, uh.
Speaker 4: A little bit more of that. It's like that.
Speaker 5: I will tell you this is but this is the the key thing is a lot of people go, oh, you know, I've got to be able to cook all these things. I said, no, you got to have a good salt. Your repertoire is getting you get a good steak. You know, you've got the noodle Google, you got a good meat loaf, you got you. Now you need a couple of side dishes and then you can cook to your hearts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the light it's good and you can use or you can do the great American staple cream of mushroom soup and cook everything in it, chicken and you know, just everything.
Speaker 5: Last week we did this on the Fork Report. There's a dish called I don't Know. And it's when you know, kids are asking what's for dinner, what's for dinner, and it's like, I don't know. And there's actually dish called I don't know that uses sliced potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, I think ground beef, and cheese and you put all these things together and it's like a go to dish for which sounds good.
Speaker 1: And then of course there's always tuna helper, hamburger helper. My favorite is mackerel helper that you can get in on the store shelves. Okay, and good morning, Hi, Bill, Hi, And Robin is with us? Kono is not good morning, Robin, good morning, good morning? And is Kno's out for a couple of days?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: Are you back tomorrow or no?
Speaker 4: I'm just today.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Klana has a new kid and the boy do they get in the way of life?
Speaker 3: Those kids, I mean, what a pain in the ass.
Speaker 4: You one way to look at it, but you didn't.
Speaker 5: You didn't raise yours. Didn't you have like seventeen nannies a couple.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what happened with the when the little ones were born. They were a little at the time.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's how it happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excuse me. But Marjorie had almost died. She was bleeding out.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was a god awful mess, to the point where I was called by the doctors and said get over here right now, because I it was a very long labor well actually it was a C section, and they said you got to come in right now.
Speaker 3: So I went Marjorie the movie I don't.
Speaker 1: Remember, maybe you know, maybe in the other room, and the doctors were dealing with her, and then they said, come in right now. You got to okay, so she said, and she's great, I mean gray. And she looked at me and said, am I going to die? I mean literally? She was that frightened. That's not an exaggeration. And I looked at her. I said, no, we don't have life insurance on you. There's no upside here, and.
Speaker 3: She didn't.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: We said hello to everybody, and I said hello to you, Amy, I said hello to you.
Speaker 6: No, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well hello Amy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it all right, handle on the news with Amy and Neil and me lead story. You don't have to do it like that, Robin, because no one died, Okay, you can do an upplane crash piece of music. So flight crashes at Toronto one of these regional jets. It happens to be a Canadian jet and it has like ninety people, you know, the ones that have just two seats across and that's it.
Speaker 3: And they're small, they fit.
Speaker 1: About not as I said, ninety people, eighty people upside down crashing and people were hanging upside down. Everybody survived, miracle. Only three majors or four major injuries. However, hanging upside down, it's almost like the stories we do on these roller coasters that they get stuck where people are upside down. But the difference is is that no one is told to unbuckle when you're two hundred feet in the air.
Speaker 3: That does.
Speaker 4: See the footage of it, Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: The most recent footage I saw, I think Steve Gregory actually posted it, but it was it looks like it's coming in super flat and fast in the nose?
Speaker 4: Is it up at that? Weird?
Speaker 1: They're saying it's the wind. I mean, all the pundits, the aviation pundits that I was watching, the various news outlets, they all said it was the wind.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: It just hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean just just just insane. And I mean the good news is, uh, what was that.
Speaker 3: Movie with.
Speaker 4: Denzel Washington?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was somebody where he was a drunk pilot and it was somewhat like that.
Speaker 5: You know, just low it flew in upside down. Yeah, you don't what I was thinking about the pilot yet, No.
Speaker 1: Nothing, And do we actually have video of the plane coming in and landing yesterday?
Speaker 3: I only saw it after the fact.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they have they have video of it. They show up land and then they show the wing hits the ground, the wing comes years off over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Handle on the News.
Speaker 1: I want to get through a lot of stories today with Amy and Neil and me.
Speaker 6: First time they've talked in a while. US officials and Russian officials sat down in Saudi Arabia today talked about improving ties and negotiating an end to the war in Ukraine. No Ukrainian officials were at the meeting, but it was US Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Russian foreign mister Sergei Lavrov leading the pack. They talked about restoring the entire range of US Russian relations, as well as getting ready for possible talks on what to do about Ukraine and getting a meeting set up between Putin and Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they like each other.
Speaker 1: Trump is a huge fan of Putin. Said that I don't trust our intelligence committee. I do trust Vaimir Putin, a good guy in general, and he said, I will stop the war.
Speaker 3: This is Trump. I will stop the war.
Speaker 1: Day one and he's well, obviously day one, but their war's going to stop and Ukraine's going to give up planned there's no They've already talked about it.
Speaker 4: How do you have this conversation without Ukraine?
Speaker 3: You just force it down everybody's throat, is what you do.
Speaker 1: The United States tells Zelenski, you don't come to the table after we've agreed no arms.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: You're on your own. We're not going to find anything. And Ukraine doesn't have the money, it doesn't have the artis doesn't have the material. And the same thing with Israel. You know, you know, you don't do what we say. It all stops because the US is the juggernaut. This is how powerful the US is.
Speaker 5: All right, As you heard earlier with Amy King, there are some changes today with the la USD. Students now will be returning from their day off yesterday with major new rule in place, a band on cell phones in classroom. And this also includes smart watches and now you know things like you know, the meta glasses, it means smart glasses as well, which have you know, cameras and activity.
Speaker 1: This is this is controversial because I would want my kid to have a cell phone in the event there was an emergency. How many times have we heard that when there was an active shooter in the classroom, some kid is saying I'm here, or parents are being told they're okay after a shooting occurs. Why can't they just say you put them in backpacks, although they would be ringing all day, so you put them on silent mode and then they have to go.
Speaker 3: They can't be out on the.
Speaker 4: Desk the kid.
Speaker 5: There are, Yeah, but there's more problems with kids using the phones.
Speaker 1: I'm that No, you're right, but if you don't, there's another way of doing it, and that is backpacks or devices, and they're stay in the classroom. The only thing is they're talking about them collecting the phones.
Speaker 3: You can't have them on you or near you.
Speaker 4: And this is a legitimate question.
Speaker 5: Has there has ever been a case where it saved the life of a child having the cell phone during a.
Speaker 1: I don't know Amy ever been. Amy're looking at the computer? Okay, no, she was, I'm trying.
Speaker 6: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yes, all right, moving on.
Speaker 6: Going for the Governor's office. Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco has launched his campaign for governor for twenty twenty six. He's painting himself as the law and order conservative who can write a state in decline. He says that the California dream has turned into a nightmare for people struggling with rising food prices, groceries, electricity, housing, and he says there's also a lot of crime and a lot of people are leaving the state. He wants to reverse that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and it's the Democrat's fault, although they do have a super majority and we do have a liberal Democratic governor. The last time a Republican governor was elected in this state was Arnold Schwarzenegger, and looking at today's politics, he would be considered a wild ass liberal.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's a centrist, Yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: Israel is preparing to receive the remains of an unknown number of hostages from Gaza on Thursday. The identities of the hostages that have not been released. Now, if you think about it, you break this down. This is the first handover disease deceased hostages since the ceasefire with Hamas went into effect in January. All the other bodies that have been received before were all retrieved by the Israeli military.
Speaker 3: What's the heartbreaking stuff.
Speaker 1: Hamas is holding on to dead Israelis as part of negotiations. I mean, it's and for some reason, the world is looking at this as somehow a legitimate hostage exchange exchange between Hamas and Israel, where every single Israeli is an innocent person, with ninety nine or ninety eight percent or whatever being civilians. And there you have Palestinians on the other side who are in prison, some detained without cause. I'll grant you teenagers for example, some convicted murdering of Israeli citizens, and they're being exchanged. And I don't know why the world is not in an uproar when we're talking about the exchange including dead bodies so families could bury them.
Speaker 4: Because of marketing essentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well said. And one thing about PR. Hamas has gotten the PR down, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: That's for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 6: Hamas is also saying now it's just crossing that they're saying that the bodies of the captive Bibas family will be handed over Thursday.
Speaker 4: So it sounds like they're releasing a family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that pleasant? All right, Just take a break, we'll come back.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Bill handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Poor Handle on the News with Amy and e and Neal.
Speaker 6: Here's an idea. Egypt says it's working on a plan to how to rebuild Gaza without pushing the Palestinians out like President Trump has posed. So what they're saying is they want to set up secure areas within Gaza where Palestinians can live initially while Egyptian and other construction firms remove the debris and rebuild the infrastructure. And it's nothing official. The proposal is still being negotiated, but that is their idea as opposed to just shipping them out permanently, and.
Speaker 1: They are going to help in the reconstruction of Gaza. Now keep in mind that half the population of Egypt eats sand for dinner because there's no money to be had.
Speaker 3: It's a poor nation.
Speaker 1: But the reconstruction, I can't wait to see how many countries jump in and go for the reconstruction of Gaza. It is going to be one or two generations before Gaza can be rebuilt.
Speaker 4: And a lot of it build them staying, you move them over.
Speaker 1: It's like whenever you do a remodel of a house, you take one half, you move over half the people in one area, and then you go back, like when you do a road re asphalt the road, you go half at a time.
Speaker 4: Just it's just not no, it's not feasible.
Speaker 5: It's not healthy to all that stuff when it's being removed.
Speaker 3: It's not feasible.
Speaker 4: Do you think they're.
Speaker 5: Gonna Egypt is gonna get slave labor from the Jews again, like the pier.
Speaker 3: Very strong, very strong.
Speaker 4: Actually there's no evidence that that, No, there.
Speaker 3: Isn't, but it's a good story.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, it's gonna be international money that comes in and how much money is going to go towards rebuilding versus feeding the world which needs more money right now?
Speaker 5: All right, the game of doge ball continues to make people duck and move. Acting Commissioner Michelle King's departure from the agency over the weekend after more than thirty years of service with the Social Security Administration. She refused to provide doe firs at the SSA with access to sensitive information, and.
Speaker 3: They said goodbye.
Speaker 1: They said goodbye, and she, at least the person she was that replaced her, has been working at Social Security as opposed to bringing someone in from the motor pool that repairs cars for the government.
Speaker 4: Okay, but wait a second.
Speaker 5: None of these people in these departments are elected officials, right, that's.
Speaker 3: What makes them fireable.
Speaker 5: I know, but I'm saying, what why are they they have access to our information?
Speaker 4: There? They are not.
Speaker 3: No, they're not. They're not elected.
Speaker 5: But but I understand different than someone else who's not because.
Speaker 1: They understand, because they understand the rules. For example, CIA agents have access to information and they are not elected, but they follow the rules and they know same thing with the I R S. They follow the rules, and the rules are being blown up.
Speaker 3: That's what's going on.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of blowing things up Mayor adams mayorship, is that a word? It could be blowing up the speaker mayor. Yes, the speaker of New York's City Council and one of Mayor Eric Adams' partners and government said the mayor should step down. And this announcement came just a few hours after four of his eight deputy mayors announced that they're leaving City Hall, and Governor Kathy Hokel apparently is calling for a meeting today. She's considering whether to remove Mayor Eric Adams from office. Which she can legally do, but it's never been done in New York before.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to happen because here you have a sanctuary city that was promoted by the mayor. He is being charged by the Justice Department for corruption. He cuts a deal with the Trump administration. You drop this case and I will be I will be your guy in New York and help you pick up illegal migrants, and has gone completely the other way, and it's they're going No, I think he's going to be tossed. I wouldn't be surprised if he were tossed.
Speaker 6: Wasn't he going the other way though? Before all of this was it not?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Amy, I don't know, but he clearly I mean he was sitting with the head of Homeland Security and they were buddies and they were having great time.
Speaker 3: And it's, uh, you know, this is so.
Speaker 1: Patently obvious that what he is doing that it's just, you know, he's ham handed about this. He could have been a little slicker about it, but it's out in the open.
Speaker 3: People really pissed off, and I can see that. I think we have one more until before the next break.
Speaker 4: All right, a federal judge in Washington, d C.
Speaker 5: Just yesterday hinted she might not throw up a media at roadblocks to Elon Musk's investigation of the nation's government agencies where he and his hit his team have access to that sensitive information we were talking about, and a flurry of firings that have come along with it. So she told the attorney for the States that she found the potential harm of doje's action concerning and troubling indeed, but that she needed to see some more specific aside from you know, just people's generalized fear.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the arguments is that the DOGE employees can go in or are going in and grabbing sensitive information, and the lawsuit has temporarily for a few days halted that.
Speaker 3: But the president has the right to do that.
Speaker 1: President has the right when you talk about the access to the various agencies, you know, the president has the right to say I want that information.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of power there center the executive branch.
Speaker 1: And keep in mind, Congress has given presidents across the board more and more and more power to where Congress in many cases is simply incapable of stopping the president if it wants to.
Speaker 3: And Congress does not want to stop the president.
Speaker 1: This Republican Congress is lining up and whatever the President is asking for their in favor of it.
Speaker 3: It's pretty depressing as far as I'm concerned. I know I'm doing.
Speaker 5: That should be the first case of any new president in office is to audit.
Speaker 4: I just think that should be part of that. Yeh, I don't have it.
Speaker 3: By the way, I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 1: But you can't blow up these agencies before you find the fraud in the waste. And what they're coming up is these ridiculous one hundred million dollars for condoms.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me see it.
Speaker 1: Let me see the document says one hundred million dollars for condoms for Gaza.
Speaker 4: Where is it?
Speaker 3: You know, we haven't seen one allegation of fraud yet.
Speaker 4: That's been proven. Not one.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're coming back and we'll finish it up.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty as.
Speaker 1: We finish Handle on the news with Amy and Neil and me.
Speaker 6: Who's the boss? The White House says it's not Elon Musk. White House issued a statement yesterday in a court filing and said that Elon Musk is not an employee of the Department of Government Efficiency and has no decision making authority. He is a senior advisor to the president, so they basically say he can't make any decisions. He can just make recommendations on what to do to trim and streamline the government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's leading the fight with those of going in and grabbing him sensitive information for the irs.
Speaker 3: Okay, So in the end, if he.
Speaker 1: Advises the president and they go in based on a presidential order, yeah, Trump can do it.
Speaker 3: Right now, I think it's it's a technical issue.
Speaker 1: Technical issue, and oh there was a phone in my opinion, So uh, we'll see what the court says.
Speaker 3: That's in the course right now.
Speaker 5: By the way, all right, Uh, you can get in, but you can't get out. Many writers will need to tap their transit cards in order to disembark at the LA Union station. This is one of the latest efforts by La Metro to kind of crack down on crime and fair you know, evaders. This they started doing this gosh on one of their other lines. I think, yeah, it's working. Yeah, tap to exit program station. You have to enter today, you.
Speaker 1: Have to enter and you tap to get out, a lot of subway systems do this, and it makes it much more difficult because people who are fair evaders have to jump twice over the turnstile.
Speaker 5: Metro B and D subway lines are the ones that will be affected.
Speaker 6: Mexico's kind of hanging back in, just waiting a bit. They're waiting to hear what Google says. Mexico has requested that Google fully restored the name Gulf of Mexico to Google Maps. Of course, Google Maps made a change after President Trump said, Hey, we're going to call that the Gulf of America from now on, and if they don't change it back, Google doesn't change it back. President Claudia Scheinbaum said they're going to sue. So as it stands, the golf appears in Google Maps as the Golf America. If it's within the US, it's the Gulf of Mexico within Mexico, and it's the Gulf of America. I'm sorry, Gulf of Mexico, and then in parentheses Gulf of America in other areas yew.
Speaker 1: And Google Maps follows what the American Geographical Association does. It actually had there's actually an international name organization naming and there's an American one, and it's you know, the unfortunate part I was saying this yesterday is Golf of America is losing its jarring effect where you go, oh my god, it's on its way to becoming Golf of America in this country. And the President said outright, if Google does not continue on with Golf of America, the FBI will come in and arrest every Google executive and take them out in handcuffs.
Speaker 4: I don't think he said that.
Speaker 3: Oh did I?
Speaker 1: Oh, I read that wrong. I'm sorry. Okay, we're done, everybody.
Speaker 3: So much for the news coming up.
Speaker 1: John Decker, kfi's White House correspondent, and Doge and the taxpayer data exactly.
Speaker 3: What we've been talking about for a good part of the morning. You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.