Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom. Let's wind it.
Speaker 4: I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 2: So just thank you, give me all.
Speaker 5: Your attention, your fire, not a pisson.
Speaker 6: This is world champion, Dodger, world champion thing.
Speaker 5: Put a small soft time they get up people what they want to die to in a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache.
Speaker 6: One of a con.
Speaker 5: This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Hell time go to the South.
Speaker 6: Grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show.
Speaker 2: And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 6: We are live at Dodgers Stadium after the Dodgers defeat the Giants five to four. Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. Hope you had a great Sunday. If you're a Dodger fan, which I'm sure you are, you had a great Father's Day. Not only do the Dodgers get a win, but they beat the Giants and take two out of three. They now have a two game lead over San Francisco in the NL West. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of.
Speaker 6: Baseball news outside of the game today, but I do want to give the players that played in this game their due, especially Andy Pahz. I know English is in his first language, and a lot of times that prevents a player to get the shine he deserves. But if you're voting for the All Star Game, and I really hope you are, Freddie Freeman and Will Smith and Shohotani are automatics in my mind, but the two Dodger outfielders, ta Oscar Hernandez and Andy Pajz should be punched in on not just your ballot, but everybody else's. And when you look at THEIRS in National League outfield, home runs ops, RBIs, they're there or better with the big boys like Fernando Tattists Junior Juan Soto. I'm a big advocate for stars in the All Star Game and personalities, So you know, I feel like Tatis and Soto are probably going to get a lot of votes, and rightfully so, you want to see those games, those guys in those type of games. But I want ta Oscar Hernandez in there, and I want Taoscar Hernandez to repeat as home run Derby champion. Andy Pie has today four RBIs the biggest hit of the game, a go ahead, three run home run off a nasty right hander. Ryan Walker, with an even nastier slider, was able to put the Dodgers ahead for good in the bottom of the fifth inning.
Speaker 5: Andy Pie has.
Speaker 6: Now if you look at what he has done and where he ranks, I mean, this guy is having an All Star caliber first half. Home runs now match his entire season total from a year ago, ten doubles, forty six RBIs. His slugging percentage is just a tick under five hundred, his ops is eight hundred. He's right there with Tiascar Hernandez with RBIs forty six RBIs for Pi Haz, fifty RBIs by Tao, which is the second most in the National League among outfielders Picrow, Armstrong, Corbyn Carrol, Kyle Tucker. All those guys should be in the All Star Game. But Andy pi Haz and Taoscar Hernandez deserve serious consideration. And Andy Pai has remember you calling me the first two weeks of the season. Send this guy down. This guy's not a center fielder. This guy can't hit the bottom of the lineup.
Speaker 5: Stinks.
Speaker 6: Andy pai Has is a big reason why haven't heard too many of you call in and say, you know what I was wrong. We should have given more time to Andy pi Has. He's a rookie getting a first full time chance in a new position, and look at him now. He's one of the first players, if not the first player you'll see out here working in center field and his outfield drills with Dino Eble and in fact today Dino Ebol after their drills told Andy Paiz, hey, keep it going during the game. You want David Vase to talk about you after the game. Well, here i am Dino Ebol, the Baseball profit. I'm talking about Andy Paies after the game. So just a tremendous game, a tremendous season for Andy Piz. Eight six, six, nine, seven two, five seventy is the phone number. The Dodgers beat the Giants today five to four, and the Giants made a big trade right before the game started. They traded their starter Kyle Harrison today and we got breaking news. Now the Dodgers now have officially named Shohei O'tani as tomorrow's starting pitcher. That's right, Show Hey Otani will make his Dodgers pitching debut tomorrow night as an opener against the San Diego Padres, with Ben Casparius following Otani. So to me in LA, that's bigger news than the Red Sox treating Raphael Devers to the Giants. We'll get to that in a moment, but here we are. The moment is upon us. We are on the eve of show Hey Otani making his Dodgers pitching debut tomorrow night, albeit for one to two innings. This is what Dave Roberts had to say about fifteen minutes ago, obviously not wanting to make the official announcement until they were able to do it on that big platform X.
Speaker 7: You know, show he is getting antsy, so which is a good thing for us. And so I don't know which day he is going to open for us, but there's a high probability he's going to open for us in the coming days. So that's a good thing. I don't know if it's going to be one or two innings, but you know, my guess is probably an inning to start. But it's a good thing. I think that we've kind of the live situation simulated or whatever sort of run its course. So he's ready to, you know, make his debut on the mountain.
Speaker 5: How about that.
Speaker 6: Tickets are available right now at Dodgers dot com slash tickets. I was looking at tickets for our friend earlier today. There's not too many in the field and loads section. There are a lot of seats down the lines on the loads level, but there are plenty of seats available if you want to say you were here for show Heyo Tani's Dodgers pitching debut. He'll be leading off for the Dodgers as the dh and opening maybe for an inning or two if he's efficient as a Dodger starting pitcher for the first time. Nine seven two, five seventy is the phone number. The Dodgers defeat the Giants five to four, and show Heotani is going to make his pitching debut tomorrow night. Before we get your reaction, and we do have two lines open to this breaking news that show Aotani is going to start tomorrow night for the Dodgers. Just a little explanation and background on why the Dodgers are all of a sudden deviating from what they've been telling us for the last four or five months, and a lot of this has to do with show Heotani. Dave Roberts even said as much before the game today. The Dodgers have never managed the two way player. They've only known Otani as the DH and a little bit of rehab Otani. Otani has been through this before. He has had two elbow surgeries. So after that three inning simulated game, Otani communicated to the Dodgers that, you know what, I'm sitting down, I'm cooling down and then having to play a game as a DH. Why not just stretch me out in the games as an opener for a Ben Casparius or Emashian. And Otani's only going to pitch once a week, So this is a great combination with a pitcher that is so mentally tough and willing to do whatever the Dodgers ask of him, and Ben Casparius, they have the perfect guy to have go in tandem with Otani once a week in Ben Casparius for the time being until the All Star Break, and then by the time you get to the other side of the All Star Break, Otani will have four or five starts under his belt.
Speaker 5: And he'll be stretched out.
Speaker 6: So instead of wasting bullets per se in simulated games, why not have Otani, who is the most unique player in the most unique situation, use those pitches in a game and be hot and keep it going. So that's where the thinking kind of changed after that three inning simulated game. So that was the thinking right there. And by the way, if you already had tickets for tonight's game, go buy a lottery ticket. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Brian, you're on Dodger Talk. Lead us off. I guess you already have tickets for tomorrow night's game ticket holder?
Speaker 3: Hair?
Speaker 5: Oh no, yes, season ticket holder.
Speaker 6: But you got to use some more money on a better bluetooth or or a phone. Get that situated. Aaron, who is at Dodger Stadium tonight? Hi, Aaron, you're on Dodger Talk. Do better than that.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: I mean, we put a guy on the moon, but we can't get a good bluetooth in a car in La. Oh my gosh, you guys need to regroup. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. All right, let's get to the other big news today, Giants. Yeah, that's right. You guys need to regroup and get better phones before I go back out to you. By the way, Jose Moda is gonna join us in ten minutes, so you better get it together here pretty soon. The Giants made a big trade right before first pitch. Kyle Harrison was warming up for the game tonight and then was told to come to the manager's office. Buster Posey. Yeah that Buster Posey. He's in charge of the Giants baseball operations now, and made a huge trade. He got aggressive and went after Rafael Devers, going to pick up the remaining contract the dollars on that seven year deal, and in return, the Red Sox are getting Jordan Hicks and Kyle Harrison in a couple of prospects. So coming into the series, we told you the Giants pitching and especially their bullpen outstanding, their offense a little iffy, and now all of a sudden they got a real hitter in Rafael Devers, who was somewhat of a problem in Boston. As you know, he would not try to take round balls at first base. He was unhappy when the Red Sox told him you're our DH, but he's having a really good offensive season, so it was not a happy situation in Boston, and the Red Sox traded him and got out from underneath that big contract. So basically the Red Sox are punting on this season and going to spend those dollars during the offseason and next year. We had Ken Rosenthal, one of the best insiders, if not the best insider, on off Day Dodger Talk this past Thursday, and he gave us some foreshadowing that Buster Posey was going to take a big swing like this.
Speaker 8: Their offense has been a challenge for them, and first dates is a particular challenge, but even beyond that, they need more out of players that they have as well. So it's going to be an interesting test for them against the Dodgers, and obviously they're a team that has hung in there. I expect them to be aggressive at the deadline.
Speaker 9: Buster Posey, in an interview with Tim Kallacami of the San Francisco Standard recently, kind of indicated.
Speaker 8: That he wants to do some things, and David I found this really interesting. He reflected back on the.
Speaker 9: Zach Wheeler for Carlos Beltron trade. I believe that was twenty thirteen.
Speaker 8: And obviously that trade did not work out great for the Giants in the sense that they did not win that year and Wheeler became. Of course Willer became.
Speaker 9: But what Posey was saying to Tim Khalakami was that's the kind of trade you have to make.
Speaker 8: So it's going to be interesting to.
Speaker 9: See how they handle the deadline under Posey, and I do expect them, because of those comments, to be at least trying really hard to get some players.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: So that was Ken Rosenthal on Off Day Dodger Talk this past Thursday, and basically he laid it out that Buster Posey was going to go for it. And the reality is, and this is not a show at the Giants. Just because they're the Giants, they've had a hard time lurering free agent hitters to play for them. So this really good hitter was available with a big contract. And my sources tell me that the Red Sox started shopping Devers last week, so teams were very aware of the fact that they were looking to trade him, and Buster Posey was aggressive, jumped all over it before there was a bidding war. As they got closer to July thirty first and upgraded an offense that severely needed it. And the reality is as well. Matt Chapman, with a bad right hand, is likely out until the All Star breaks, so I could see Devers playing third base until Chapman comes back. It's a new fresh start for him, a new voice in Bob Melvin and Buster Posey. That's gonna upset the Red Sox quite a bit if he's more flexible with the Giants than he was with them. By the way, two teams and two sports towns I despise very much. So you know whatever, Eight six six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Whittier. Yes, Ed, this is it. Be ready, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 10: Hey, Ed, this is hey Dave right.
Speaker 6: Ed, and I'm David. It's good that you have your life coach in the car with you.
Speaker 10: I appreciate it. Well, that's my dad, the life coach, just coming back from the Dodger game on Father's Day. A great father's day right here, Annie Paias you know, he gave the Dodgers ahead. But my main thing right here was about Rafael Devers. So you're saying he's gonna go to third base, and yeah, he can definitely hot on offense. But what happens when he's when Chapman comes back, does he go to first base or does he stay too? He'll be a dr there and.
Speaker 6: Then you you put him at d H. And I know Wilmer Flores is having a great start to his year fifty one RBIs no doubt about it. But a lot can happen between now and the time that Chapman comes back. Is Wilmer Flores really going to continue this pace? So I see him at third base and probably DH.
Speaker 10: How do you feel about him being in the clubhouse?
Speaker 2: What about his clubhouse president?
Speaker 5: I hope he's awful in the clubhouse.
Speaker 6: I hope he says bad in the clubhouse in Boston, and I hope he's that bad in San Francisco because that'll be great for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 10: Well, appreciate you, Dave, if.
Speaker 6: You have a great way, all right, Ed, thanks for the phone call. Eight sixty six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Hawaii, Dana. Aloha, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Aloha, David, Thank you very much, and Happy Father's Day to you.
Speaker 6: Thanks to you and I hope you're having a good day too. How could it be a bad day in Hawaii? Any bad days out there?
Speaker 1: Well, no, actually not. I think every day we can be here. I'm very very lucky, very blessed to live here. That's really exciting news about Otani. But I really, really I've been needing to call you. I've been needing to call you about Freddy Freeman's walk off Grand Slam and where I was, and thank you, thank you for entertaining me. Let me tell you this story.
Speaker 6: That's where you were, where you had dukes in Hawaii, on Honolulu Island there, where you had dukes watching the game.
Speaker 1: I was not at dukes. I was in the comfort of my living room Kailoa, Hawaii, the exact the exact same place where I was when Kirk Gibson hit his home run in nineteen eighty eight, October fifteenth. And I got to tell you, not too many people know the story of why Kirk Gibson actually hit that ball for a home run off Acressley. You know a lot of you hear about that. It was the back door slider. He knew it was timing right. You've heard that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, adigitately read scout told all the left handed hitters two strikes full count, look for that back door slider partner.
Speaker 2: Well there you go.
Speaker 1: So this, especially on Father's Day, I got to tell you. So my daughter was born on September fifteenth, nineteen eighty eight, So on October fifteenth, she was a month old. I'm in the living room, she's trying, she's just about falling asleep. I am rubbing her feet for good luck, and I'm pacing back and forth. I comes to the point he hits his home run. I scream. My daughter starts crying like crazy. My wife comes into the room and says, you woke up the baby. I said, but Kirk gifts and just won the game.
Speaker 5: So all right, I see fish this story. Let me take a guess.
Speaker 6: So, oh, I thought you were going to say your daughter's all grown up now she's twenty five years old, and you were rubbing her feet when Freddy Freeman hit his grand slam.
Speaker 1: No, I was not doing, Matt, that she is all grown up and she is a and she is a huge daughter fan Dodger fan.
Speaker 6: I thought it was either you were gonna say that I was rubbing my daughter's feet or you were rubbing your granddaughter's or grandson's feet. I thought that's the way it was gonna come full circle, Dana.
Speaker 5: So you got me?
Speaker 1: No, not quite, but I do. I did want to tell you that story and wish you off. Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 6: Thank you, same to you, Dana, Happy Father's Day. Aloha means goodbye as well. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Giants today, five to four. They win the final two games of this three game series and uh now two games ahead of the Giants in the lost column. But the breaking news just moments ago the Dodgers tweeting out that yes, indeed, Show Hey o Tani will start tomorrow's game and likely be followed by benk Casparius. Let's go out to our guy in Long Beach. I Ray, Craig, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Craig?
Speaker 1: Dave?
Speaker 3: Am I hallucinating? Or did I hear that Show Hey is pitching tomorrow?
Speaker 6: You might be hallucinating, but that is a fact. You might be having halations, Craig, but it's true. Today's going to actually pitch in a game tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: That is awesome that I'm going to have to get out there to the yard and see the Dodgers put the wood to the padres and to see show hey out there get dealing. I hope he strikes out the side and just looks superior. Even if he does it, I'm just glad to see the guy out there chucking it. And uh, I can't believe that he's going to be an All Star caliber pitcher and he's already won the MVP unanimously for us. I mean, what a what a blessing for the Dodgers to be able to get that guy. And uh, I mean, I couldn't be happier. I could not be happier.
Speaker 10: Dude.
Speaker 3: That is great news.
Speaker 6: It is And like I've said before, Dodger games are not just games anymore, their events. And tomorrow night is going to be the biggest sporting event in Los Angeles, maybe for the entire year of the regular season. Otani making his Dodgers' pitching debut, albeit as an opener, no doubt about it, but certainly one of the biggest sporting events in LA history.
Speaker 5: Sporting history eight.
Speaker 6: Six, six, nine, eight seven two five, seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 5: All right, let's try erin again. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Hi, Erin, Hey, Dave's Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 5: Man, Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Aeron.
Speaker 5: What do you got for us tonight? Much better connection. Well it's a good start.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, for sure. Yeah, thank you for being patient with me. So yeah, we were at the game today, my daughter and I again we've met you last year at Father's Day and took a picture with you and talked to Michael Milkin there out in front of the stage and had a really great time last year, in an awesome time this year too, took the tour before the game and just just a great day at Dodger Stadium and a win against the Giants. You know what, I can't think of a better way to celebrate polar state.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a great time, Aaron. Great to be there with your daughter and thank you for calling in appreciate it. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're going to take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, we'll check in with jose Mota get his thoughts on the breaking news that Otani is officially going to be a two way player tomorrow night at Dodgers Stadium for the first time since twenty twenty three. That's right, that's the last time Otani pitched in a Major League game August twenty third, twenty twenty three. That's changing tomorrow night. He's starting against the Padres for the Dodgers. Right here on your home for show, Hey Otani and the world champion Dodgers A five seven the LA Sports.
Speaker 2: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot.
Speaker 3: Com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: This is Dodger Talk with David Masson.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 4: Look, bitch, that one has swung on an hammer tape till left failed.
Speaker 5: It's heading back toward the walls. God three run home.
Speaker 4: Run and paes with home run number thirteen and the fletched the score over and the Dodgers now lead it five to three. Oh, he got one a slider right down the middle and he absolutely obliterated the baseball.
Speaker 5: Andy.
Speaker 6: Pa has drove in four runs today, including that go ahead home run in the fifth inning to beat the Giants five to four. Dustin May with the win, Tanner Scott with his thirteenth save of the season. Tanner, He's got looking more and more like the Tanner Scott that we saw a year ago.
Speaker 5: So great for him to get back on track.
Speaker 6: Great job by Mark Pryor, Connor McGuinness, Josh Bard, and also his teammates to help get his confidence up and get him back to being aggressive in the strike zone. And good news for the Dodgers to have him going. In case you're joining us late, the Dodgers announced breaking news that show Hey Otani will start his first game tomorrow night for an inning or two, followed by probably Ben Casparius in an opener situation. The Dodgers just feel like that's the better way to go, and I shouldn't just say the Dodgers. Otani and the Dodgers jointly agree this is the better way to go to get him stretched out for the second half of the season. And in case you can't make it here for tomorrow night's game. If you're looking at a once a week situation, the next time Otani would pitch at Dodger Stadium would likely be against the White Sox July first, Second Third is that series that lines up a week or a couple of weeks from tomorrow. All Right, let's check in with a guy that has seen a lot of Otani pitching, Jose Moda.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 6: All Right, Jose Moda, they made the news official. Otani is not going to throw any more simulated games. He's actually gonna throw in real games. So what should we expect tomorrow night?
Speaker 2: I check somebody on the mound is going to be amped up. Don't be surprised if you see more velocity from show Hey the first inning or whoever, however long he goes. And you've seen in the simulated games, and a guy that is way more intense on the mound than he is as an offensive player. So I'm very excited. Obviously, having known Showy for a long time and a close friend, I know what this means to him, and I know that just recently, Dave, there are some conversations about what is best going on forward and knowing that show Hey, as you've mentioned quite well, and it's clearly about the Dodgers have never gone through this. I mean the two way player thing. You know, is very proud of being a trio player, a two way player, and that he carries that. I think thinking about the team, he says, well, knowing where the team is and the fact that if I can give an ending or two to alleviate what we're going through with a rotation and the bullpen load, why not go out there and now wege those pitches in a similar game against minor leaguers. But go out there and help the team out and get myself back in the group because as he mentioned too, uh, show Hay is a little bit more mature in terms of managing his body and under the responsibility to come with a similarive game pulling off and then get to wear for a game. I mean, he did it for a long time, but this is different now, and I think because it means so much to the Dodgers, he's flexible for the time he signed. I mean, so the money that he's not making now to the ability to go out there and say, just I want more players around me. They're going to be winners. And here you have it again, back in the mouth for the first timeson in August of the twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: What's so Tonny like? Before a start? What kind of guy is?
Speaker 7: He?
Speaker 6: Is seen on the Kershaw Spectrum where you don't even look him in the eye. What's he like being a guy that's not only going to pitch but also be the leadoff hitter tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: And what I saw, what I lived with his team, it's all the same because he's got the perspective of almostly going to be a hitter tonight. But I would encourage fans to get there early and watch how early he needs to start his warm up. This is not a twenty minute thing. I mean, this is a prolonged five type of warm up. He does so many things before he throw the pitch, even plays cash that you don't want to miss it. Just have your cameras ready to get the video because it is a very special day. And then the studying that he does, and I got say from Martin Maldebado when he was catching, I mean he was the first guy to pretty much shows show how to hitters in the big leagues. Of Martin says he wants to know every detail, the last that bath from every guy. He has face of powders before once and he's going to do the study on the on the pitching side along with the hitter side. But just get there early enough because it's quite a unique thing what he does out there before he gets ready.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know, obviously whenever he was throwing those bullpen sessions, a lot of fans would be over the Dodger bullpen. So I'm sure that's going to be a crowded area before the game tomorrow night. Jose, I'm sure you know Rafael Devers really well, what do you believe this trade does for the Giants? And does it make them that much more competitive to push the Dodgers in the division?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no doubt about it. That's by Buster Posey and having done all the you know, the transitions, I'll shoot a transaction that made in the past. This guy's studied all that too, and and gone over research and he knows the impact that I got like Devers has. And Devors is not a guy that's going to come out of here, excuse me, and bang them ball off the wall anymore left fields not gonna happen over in San Francisco. But he does bring a winning pedigree. He does win. Perhaps what they need is a new attitude from him. But I knew one thing, and talking to my friends in Boston, it got to a point where there was an impass, and when the owners flew to Kansas City a few weeks back and they pretty much said, we're going to do was best for the team because now that we have asked you twice about being flexible and getting your glove out, well we understand where you stand. So I understand what we stand. If you look at the Boston wrestling last two weeks, they're bringing up players, so they're turning the page on this and saying, we need a first start. We want some veteran players, are going to encourage the young players to become team players and do better. But he brings instant jolts to that lineup, I no doubt, because as bad as he started, he is an all star third base on today. Even though we'll see if there's flexibility there's been talked beforehand because he doesn't want to play at the position now and there's a new star firm that flexibility will be a part of it. But for sure this will impact perhaps the division here on no.
Speaker 6: Doubt, Jose Mota is joining us. After the Dodgers defeat the Giants five to four. We want to remind you to go to a five seventy LA Sports Dot com and use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game.
Speaker 5: Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream.
Speaker 6: All right, Jose, before we let you go, it was a very special Father's Day for the motas. It was great to see your dad and so many people's guy Manny Mota here at the stadium on Father's Day. I'm sure that was the best gift you could have got.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. It is very emotional because I at one point when my dad had stroke on like you know, perhaps those days of my dad going to the ballpark are over now. And thank god, things have been working on quite well. He's worked very hard. He really has put a lot of time and effort. Thankfully, he's always been in good shape for himself. The medical team has been tremendous. And I'll tell you one thing, the Dodgers have been so accommodating and flitting today just to make sure that he was comfortable. Uh, never force him to come into a game, but just at his own leisure time. And the entire family is quite thankful about them. But to see him sitting and watching the game today and his favorite player, Shohal Tani, as you know, Dave, that was very special. In fact, then you tell him to pincher for Atani. At one point today.
Speaker 5: I said, pinch run.
Speaker 2: That was crazy, but that it was very special. So thanks for all those who have prayed until you always asking. But my dad a very special day for him today and I'm quite sure perhaps at some point he didn't see him even see it coming.
Speaker 6: Well, that's awesome and that's a great way to end the show on a father's day with a great father's Day story. Jose can't wait to see you tomorrow night. It will be a capacity crowd, Dodgers, Padres and Otani.
Speaker 2: On the mound, so you're not and he got those.
Speaker 5: Right there.
Speaker 6: He goes Jose Mota part of the Dodgers Spanish radio and it was so great to see Many Mota here in the press box and he was so happy to be here, and he came into the radio booth and his former teammate and our guy Rick Monday and him embrace. Just a lot of people care about him and he's such a kind person and certainly happy that Many is back on his feet and coming back to the ballpark certainly a great Father's Day story. Now tomorrow night, it's gonna be a great O'tanni story. Dodgers padres Otani opening, going up against Dylan Cease, and don't sleep on Ben Casperius. That guy has been the most valuable pitcher for the Dodgers this season. He is likely to follow Otani and do Ben Casparius things. Be a pillar of strength on that mound, whether it's starting, whether it's having Otani open coming in late in the game. He's done it all, and he's done it all great. So looking forward to Otani tomorrow night making his pitching debut as a Dodger. Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at six o'clock tomorrow, with first pitch at seven ten. Tim Kates will be hosting postgame Dodger Talk tomorrow night. I'm filling in for Kirsten Watson on Sports Net LA, so I'll get a front row seat to the Otani pitching show tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot for listening, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald, thanks to Colin Yee, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed our Father's Day conversation with Clayton Kershaw. You can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Once again. The final score from Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers defeat the Giants five to four. Have a great rest of your Sunday, Happy Father's Day. See UNM