Speaker 1: So it's January eighth, twenty twenty six, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar. And I've gone live here on a Thursday Thursday, about sixteen minutes after the hour of eight pm Eastern, and I meant to go live a little earlier, but it took a few minutes to do this or that, and nobody's really keeping me to a clock. And lately, I haven't done that many episodes, so you're getting extra this week, and finally this will make it four if we get through the Friday show and one piece, but you know, one piece is an assumption lately with me. Anyway, I got somebody with me that has been requested that I've been looking forward to and in fact was asking to join me before I went to Dallas and all that, you know, nightmare ensued. But quite frankly, it's better that we waited until now, cause instantaneously we're gonna be able to cover two seasons of South Park, which rapidly emerged, you know, from the multi billion dollar deal over at Comedy Central. And I'm really happy to have a guy who hasn't been all that busy lately in the content world because he's been busy personally. Pierce redmin Porkins back with me, and I'm so glad, of course, go to Porkins Policy review dot com.
Speaker 2: I think the website's still up right, Pier.
Speaker 1: Theoretically, theoretically, everything is theoretical at this point. Yeah, so I'm happy to have you with me. We haven't heard from you in a while. So let's start off with the most obvious question before we get into a deep dive on South Park season twenty seven and twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to skip over the politics of the day today.
Speaker 1: We're gonna gep over the news because you know what, let's just take a quick look at the headlines from my AP email that I get, which usually gives me a concise snapshot of the day's news, so to speak, AP headlines for the same day we're recording this, and I'll, you know what, I'll include them in.
Speaker 2: The show notes live updates.
Speaker 1: State investigators say they can't access Ice shooting evidence after the FBI takes over the case. Minneapolis protesters vent their outrage after an ICE officer kills a woman. Yep, that happened, and it's still happening, and I reported on it last night. But anyway, I want to know about the rules for officers firing a at a moving vehicle. Now, AP is going to write an article telling you how that's really supposed to work, despite what you saw in the videotape, right, videotape talking about an outmoded sort of way of describing something. Okay, Grandpa, we will get off your lawn anyway. Judge blocks Trump administration from purging DEI related terms from the head start grant applicatations. Yeah, I paused for applause there. I know we don't get any but that's okay. The judge disqualifies the federal prosecutor in investigation into New York Attorney General Letitia James.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought that was already done. I guess not.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, Hochel and Madamie unveil the free childcare plan in New York City. White House is presenting Trump's balloon Project for a review months after construction began. Oh, excuse me, balloon project. I misspoke ballroom. But either way, does it matter clowns and their balloon animals? It is what it is. Keep watching Justice departments sues Connecticut and Arizona as part of an effort to get voter data from the states.
Speaker 2: So the state of the state is as usual and we're not covering none of it today.
Speaker 1: Like I said, south Park season twenty seven and twenty eight, that's the most recent ones, awfully controversial, and they decided to actually hit Trump, which they hadn't done for years since they introduced the disastrous characters switch and compilation character or composite of a Garrison becoming Trump temporarily, which they did not at During one of the episodes where you know, the town spoke decided to break down Garrison's door to be like, what the hell are you doing to our country? And he goes, hey, I'm sitting here watching White Lotus with my boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Go away.
Speaker 1: So that's how they wrote that out of the show. But anyhow, you know, first of all, Pierce, how you doing? But second, I mean, you know, how you doing with this? How you doing with everything? But I'll let you start off the South Park discussion for twenty seven and twenty eight because I got a lot to say and I've been holding it all back to do this with you, So go ahead.
Speaker 3: Well I'm good, Chuck, I'm glad to finally be doing this has been a long time in the making, many emails back and forth. I was just trying to I feel like we had must have had eight or nine emails just just setting this up, not even just talking about what wanting to do this. But good, I am. I enjoyed this season. I was, you know, I just had to kind of like remind myself of all the episodes. I think it was good. I didn't just from a like I don't know, a technical programming standpoint, I did not understand why it was two short seasons of five episodes that just seemed really bizarre. I don't understand, you know, how they've they went from doing I don't know, thirteen or more episodes in a season. I mean I think in the past they must have put out many more, right, and you know, still on the same kind of crazy schedule.
Speaker 4: So I didn't understand that. I didn't love that.
Speaker 2: But well, here's the wild thing.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Wait, let's pause right there, because this is a serious consideration. You have two five episode seasons, which is completely bizarre and seems like it's the minimum and most minimum of work because it used to be twenty some odd and then when things went to the streaming platforms. It became the ten episode package, which a lot of television shows have now gone to, right, because it's just it's the new medium, it's.
Speaker 2: The way it is now.
Speaker 1: South Park still runs on Comedy Central, but is also part of streaming deals. And indeed, before this season even kicked off and the premiere episode happened, we got to hear that these guys are getting two billion dollars okay to deliver a certain amount of episodes. So let's rewind it back to there. They're getting multiple billions of dollars and some people thought they would get nothing. Because this is exactly at the same time that CBS and Paramount are struggling with guess what the whole you know what, they're canceling Cobert, they're giving into pressure from Trump, you know, so they're deciding to placate the administration, give in pay a fine or pay you know, their bribe money so that they can get a deal done to sell it to some of Trump's friends. That's you know, the big Paramount uh you know, chunk of the multimedia pie. And now there's this massive you know again, conglomeration happening where a whole bunch of different media assets are coming together to form the you know, the various borg entities, if you will, of just sort of media in general. Right, So you got the news corporations combining with the streaming platforms, combining with the old school television assets combining, combining, combining with a movie company, et cetera. And now it's like a one stop shop for all sorts of entertainment. Plus we're gonna offer you various packages a la carte. Just keep paying us ten bucks ten bucks and you'll not even recognize yourself cutting the cord from a few years ago and.
Speaker 2: Get rid of your cable. Right.
Speaker 1: So there's that happening. And in the midst of this, South Park gets a two billion dollar deal. The creators of now in the past, they were renowned for having a one week let's get this straight, a one week turnaround from no episode to fully completed, arable episode, which is, you know, twenty eight minutes for a thirty eight or twenty four minutes or twenty six minutes depending on format for a half hour alleged TV show. And they would turn these around fast in a week. And they were quick. They were the best at it. They only missed one deadline because the power went out, and like the whole state where they did the damn show. But other than that, they were always fast. They came up with stuff. Now here's the other thing. The quality of this program. It changed because you and I even sort of lost interest. We were starting to examine the seasons by season, right, and then the season sucked so bad that you and I were kind of like, there's nothing here to even discuss. This is like a shell of its former self. And the South Park creators even went on a social media campaign to get the show canceled, where they were, you know, it's one of those are they serious or not, which you're always asking with these two guys, Matt and Trey, where they were like hashtag cancel south Park. They wanted out, it seemed like. But then they dangled two billion dollars. And they've been through a couple of machinations regarding this with HBO and you know, the MTV networks and again the multimedia companies that are you know, trying to dip their fingers in it. And they made a deal to make you know, so many episodes with the streaming platform and simultaneously made a deal with what would ostensibly be separate company and did weird breakups of their seasons before this, and they still had a quick turnaround. And mind you, when you look at a show like Family Guy. I'm sure you know this, Pierce, but when you look at a show like Family Guy, this is you know, real media information. When you're breaking it down, it takes them eighteen months to create that same half hour show. Okay, so you know they were rapid, They were fast, and their jokes were fast paced up until a couple of years ago when some people argued that their writing got lazy, they were overpaid, and now they were being paid, you know, huge hundreds of millions of dollars from two different media companies to create one product. And people were like, ah, that's it, it's over with. You know, it's going to be crap. It's going to turn into the Simpsons where they just let it stay on the air but it's not really that interesting anymore, you know, et cetera. And then we come out of it and they go with the biggest deal ever two billion. I mean, who gets two billion dollars for a cartoon?
Speaker 3: So I want to say that it's it's two billion it's like it's a deal beyond just the their current TV show. I think there's movies or other other media projects. But yeah, it is still like it's an insane amount of mind. I mean that's probably you know, the GDP of some small countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. And it's billionaires.
Speaker 1: So these guys are billionaires off of the new contract. Plus you know, the other twenty five years they've been doing this because well almost thirty, right, because they started in ninety seven, you know, and this is thirty years of work. These guys have made a lot of money. And like I said, some people were saying, maybe they made too much money because there's no motivation left.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's strange because it's almost bipricaded here the motivation that we see happen because now it's like we're going to do the bare minimum. We're going to call this two seasons of South Park, even though it's ten episodes total, right, And like I said, at the same time, when the whole rest of the media company and the corporations that are paying them and promoting them, et cetera, et cetera, or giving in to the Trump administration and literally being bought by Ellipson and Friends, okay, which is now going to include TikTok and Netflix and everything. It's weird that they even keep these guys on because they're bashing the people that are, you know, getting bribed to not bash people.
Speaker 2: So that seemed to be a contradiction.
Speaker 1: And then, like I said, they start to pump these things out and it gets weird right away because remember the premiere was delayed, right, It was supposed to premiere on a certain date and they said, oh, sorry, we can't do it, and then people were speculating what was happening. So you remember all this too in the beginning of season twenty seven. M okay, So I'm just trying to recap everything.
Speaker 4: But what do you think I'm trying to remember?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I well, I guess, I mean, what did you think did you think it was? I thought it was okay, I thought it was probably I don't know that some of the previous Sea like, I can't even remember season twenty six really right, or twenty five. I didn't really remember either of those except for just sort of hating them.
Speaker 4: I thought this one was slightly better.
Speaker 3: It was a little bit it was certainly more focused Yeah, we were finally out of Randy's weed farm, which I was a welcome change.
Speaker 4: And I liked that they I mean, I liked that they went after Trump and particularly JD. Vance.
Speaker 3: I thought, you know, it's like I know that they had stayed away from it and they did the Garrison stuff which in the early, the early days, I liked that. I liked that whatever the first term of Trump deficted on South Park. I thought some of those were really funny. With the member barriers, I thought that was really clever. Uh and you know they were really kind.
Speaker 4: Of like hitting something. But I you know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, he's become him and his adenustration and becomes so outrageous. I mean, I'm sure you noticed today that RFK Junior and others have literally done something from South Park and they flipped the food pyramid, which is the South Park. There's a whole episode of I think it's the Gluten Free Ebola where you know, they they they flip the food pyramid and they want everyone to be eating butter.
Speaker 4: And you know what I mean, that's what.
Speaker 3: The uh you know, the White House and others have done is flip the food pyramids. So I mean it's it is outrageous.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I thought this one was like funny. I liked it.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was there were times where I wish they went they went a little bit further with some of the critiques and and they were I didn't care so much about some of.
Speaker 5: The d.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like they could have really they couldn't have found of Pete has that more than they did. Like it was it was okay, but it wasn't. I don't know, so I was. I have mixed feelings about it.
Speaker 4: But overall, you looked that they they did take on a lot of.
Speaker 3: These these topics, although I don't think they quite succeeded.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What do you think, job, Well, here's what I see is that, uh, they finally returned to stacking things together, which they hadn't done for years, where there were multi layer jokes and there are multi layer jokes where I think it was a lot faster paced, The writing was thicker, and I don't think it's because they turned to the two week turnaround, which was another weird development that seemed to happen in real time. It was sort of like, oh, sorry, we're now going to two weeks because we just couldn't get an episode done for the first time, not on time in a while, again even bringing up themselves the power outage. But then it became the way these things were going to be released is every two weeks, and you finally figure out that the reason for that is, well, they only got five episodes, so they got to spread them out. You know, how do you spread five episodes across ten weeks, Well, you release one every other week and you get people used to that, and they did that without being honest about it. But at the same time, the writing got thicker. So I'm not sure if the change in pace for every two weeks was to give them more time to flesh things out or not, because it seemed like they were very much on time for what was topical, But at the same time they were planting other tropes so that these things won't just you know, become irrelevant when you stream them later. Although the callbacks to certain things like now basically transposing the Saddam Hussein character into Donald Trump is hilarious, you know, because that's the only character they ever turned around and used the guy's real head right that I remember, at least, I mean, they did it to what he called the guy from night Rider. What's his name again, remember the guy who was like, oh Hasselhoff, Right, they did that to him in the first season, right, they put him on Garrison's body after he had the nose job. But outside of that, they never had a running character that acted and did the whole weird facial shift thing.
Speaker 2: They're doing the.
Speaker 1: Trump except Saddam Hussein, right, who again was Satan's lover, which yeah, and they're using the same voice, the same flappy headed thing, and he behaves the same with the whole relax guy, which you know is too funny. So but but they didn't let off on anything. It was sort of like they definitely kept their foot on the gas the way I see it, even you know, hitting on. And I'll play a quick sound clip here where they hit on. We'll both mute up and just take a listen to this because in the first episode I think it is, or no, maybe it's a second episode, because okay, first episode is Sermon on the Mount and then second episode, Yeah, this has got to be from the second episode.
Speaker 2: Got a nut is the name of that one?
Speaker 1: Because what do you call it? Mister mackiw You know, that guy is now fired as school counts, but he can go get another job with Ice. So he goes and gets a job with Ice. And I find it hilarious because it's like every loser character possible from past season shows up in the waiting room at ICE and Mackie's waiting to go in to go interview for the job. And that's the clip I'm about to play. So let's take a listen to that, just real fast. As Mackie gets introduced and inducted into Ice.
Speaker 2: Let's come up, yes, right right here.
Speaker 1: Now, Remember this episode is got a nut because it's all about he's got to pay his monthly expenses and he's trying to figure that out. And again the guy at the bank even says go to Ice and get a job. So even the lady doing the inductions comes out with a mask over her face, which is a continuous running joke every time Ice shows up. Everybody's masked, you know. And again it's all these loser characters from the past. The guy was and you know, make Love not Warcraft or whatever, Make Warcraft not Love or whatever. That guy they brought in, you know, the loser kid from the fast food restaurant, you know, one of the Karens from one of.
Speaker 2: The earlier episodes.
Speaker 1: They brought all these people back and inducted all of them into ICE along with Mackie. So the ladies bringing him into the you know, in for the job interview, and here it goes.
Speaker 2: Have a say, so what makes you want to work for immigration enforcement? Will you see? I got a nut?
Speaker 4: All right, you'll hire it?
Speaker 6: Takes this to the next station for your physical and orientation video.
Speaker 2: Was that that's it?
Speaker 5: You will now watch an orientation video featuring the director of Homeland Security.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Mackie now has taken in. That's it, you got a job. And there's the joke about they're hiring anybody and everybody to be part of the.
Speaker 2: ICE raids, right uh.
Speaker 1: And here we get they don't mention her by this name, but I love the name that's out there on the internet where they call her Ice Barbie Christy Nome. Oh is you know doing the introduction video? So the orientation video is now on. Everybody's got like their their little uh you know, uniforms and stuff already in their hands, all folded up, and now they're sitting down for the UH for the induction video, Welcome to the team recruits.
Speaker 2: I'm Christy Noans.
Speaker 4: I'm head of Homeland Security.
Speaker 7: A few years ago, I had to put my pupsy down by shooting it in the face, because sometimes doing what's important means doing what's hard.
Speaker 1: Now, this is this is one of my favorite continuous running jokes from the first couple of episodes, which is christ Gnome shows up Iceman's you know, pull up screech to a halt. She jumps out and immediately starts shooting any small dog she finds around because very famously she shot her dog in the face because she couldn't train it.
Speaker 2: And you know, one of those things where it's like, that's a great character trait.
Speaker 1: Let's make her, you know, Department of Homeland Security official and put her in charge of ICE. And people have talked about how she's going on social media with the you know, with the body armor on and you know, like as if she's some sort of stormtrooper, like I'm here leading ICE and so this character is pretty pretty close to real life.
Speaker 2: But I love this because Mackie's like, oh my good, they're shooting dogs anyway, because detaining and questioning.
Speaker 4: People never.
Speaker 1: Just keep shooting the dog and ain'ven better is after she's on the street. Now they put her in a bathtub where she's got like wine and candles around in her hair up and she's still talking to the camera, which is hilarious because it looks like, you know, many a TikTok video of I'm on vacation and I'm luxuriously relaxing. But after a hard day of shooting all the dogs in the face out there with ice raids, she's now bathing in her bathtub.
Speaker 2: And here we go, thanks of Homeland Security.
Speaker 7: I'm leading the way and Kevin will make sure everyone is in his punching labeling.
Speaker 4: So let's get out there and get the mcclas together. We can make it help. We hope you enjoyed the presentation. Please step through to the vehicles for your first raid.
Speaker 1: So after she, you know, magically a Dalmatian puppy shows up in her bathroom, she show shoots a Dalmatian puppy in the face in her bathroom, and then it's like, okay, so now ounder your first rate and they're just gonna shove all these guys out into into icemands and send them out even though they just went through the orientation video, which is hilarious.
Speaker 8: Well here's a question free. Yeah, when I was watching this, I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Help but wonder, like, do do do do these people care that they're being made fun of?
Speaker 4: Or what? You know?
Speaker 3: And And it's funny because I know that South Park has as long had this reputation as being this like secret conservative, libertarian leaning show.
Speaker 4: And uh and I think, I mean probably various times.
Speaker 3: Matts Don't and Trey Parker have kind of played this up, but they've also done episodes that are clearly, you know, leaning the other way, and certainly these past two seasons. But do you think that like I mean, it's I mean, it's funny, but it's they're not.
Speaker 4: That's what I found with these two seasons. It's it's they didn't.
Speaker 3: Even really have to try very hard, like especially in this this the season twenty seven. I'm sure we'll get to you later. Like I didn't realize that things like prediction markets actually existed until I saw this, because I thought it just sounded so idiotic.
Speaker 4: And and the fact that.
Speaker 3: You know, Don Junior is like running one of them, and as an advisor and all these crypto things. I mean, but do you think that the MAGA people they just don't watch South Park, they don't care. They think it's stupid because it I mean, as far as as most of us can tell, a lot of these what what training beyond a little video like that? Could some of these people have? I mean, they've hired so many people. There's no way they're vetted and trained. And you know, you think about like what it takes if you even if you like recruited into the army.
Speaker 4: Or you know, you join.
Speaker 3: That's not it's not like you're just they just ship you off to Afghanistan. There's a little bit of a work between. So I don't know, what do you think do you think that they that they care? Like I was, I kept wondering that, especially like in this the episode that we're referencing, because it's so it's like so on the nose, it's like not even like it's like they didn't even have to write anything because this is like actually happening in real life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, outside of adding the exaggerated dog shootings, which you know, normally I wouldn't find funny, but this is hilarious.
Speaker 2: I mean she's killing a dog everywhere she goes. Outside of that, no, they're not having to reach for much.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I got to say something here. It's weird to me that Trump overreacts to three words out of Jimmy Kimmel's mouth. Right, But you don't see the administration reacting to South Park like almost like they're ignoring it or they didn't see it, which I don't understand because I'm thinking to myself, they got a bigger viewership than Jimmy Kimmel did outside of the time he came back after getting you know, knocked off by a Sinclair and such.
Speaker 2: Right, so I don't understand the disconnection.
Speaker 3: Times they were yeah, what's her? Carolyn Levitt was like, oh, it's a stupid show. Nobody's paying attention to it. But then Ice like changed their Twitter profile yea to some south Park one. So it is like, I mean even that, I was like.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was just I just found it so fascinating something like that, where it's like, yeah, they're they're there. And obviously later on in this in the you know, in this two season arc or whatever, they're referencing the Jimmy Kimmel stuff very directly and Brendan Carr and and all that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know. I guess they're just ignoring it.
Speaker 3: It was just interesting, I I because generally speaking, I think you know, through through the history of South Park, they've certainly they've they've fueled themselves artistically on people being.
Speaker 4: Upset and pushing the boundaries. So I don't know. I mean, maybe they're.
Speaker 8: Just It's funny too because Trump seems so thin skin and like such a little baby about almost any criticism of him, right, and his defenders.
Speaker 2: His defenders are worse than him.
Speaker 4: Since I'm marrying Satan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his defenders are worse than him. Like why are they not getting bent out of shape?
Speaker 2: Is a big question. Now.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, I got to say that, no, I don't see this as they didn't have to write much, and I've never viewed South Park as I've always found that weird.
Speaker 2: That people see. It's like the roar shock test. Again.
Speaker 1: People decide where they want to play south Park, but if you look at it realistically.
Speaker 2: They swing in all directions.
Speaker 1: They hit everybody in my mind, right, so there's no predictive Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, I never really bought the Yeah yeah, I mean no, no, I think did people the whole South Park Conservative thing is just because they made fun of liberals. It's like, okay, but I mean, I mean it's not I mean Team America for instances.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know how you could view that and think, yeah, that's like a pro conservative.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but it's it's definitely.
Speaker 4: The entire movie is making fun of them.
Speaker 2: Well, right, but they made fun of But that's the thing. Go ahead, Chuck. They make fun of.
Speaker 1: The conservative side of things, but they also mock the liberal side of things, you know. And even if you think about the presidents they decided to go after, they went after.
Speaker 2: Like Bush a whole lot more.
Speaker 1: Than they went after as people go, oh, they didn't go after Obama at all.
Speaker 2: Well, they kind of did.
Speaker 1: They made them, you know, part of a jewel theft, you know, Ocean's eleven theme, you know, and made McCain part of it, and.
Speaker 3: They certainly went after his supporters, the you know, Randy Obama.
Speaker 1: Well, and that was the other thing is that the conservatives there are these big wooses who were freaking out because McCain lost. So they thought the world was going to end and they were going to kill themselves and all this right, and meanwhile the Obama supporters were like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter anymore.
Speaker 1: Obama whoo, you know, and like so they went after to me, as they're always swinging at both sides, you know, and even when they've gone after things that I identify with that are like on the fringes of my beliefs, I don't take it badly because it seems to me, like again, they're swinging in all directions. You know, they make Bush part of the nine to eleven conspiracy, but then they turn around at the end of it and go, yeah, but if you believe in a nine to eleven conspiracy, you retarded, you know, it's just like okay, But meanwhile they had Bush actually showing up to pump it up, to make sure to keep people stupid, you know, which again it's like how many different directions do you want to go with the message here? And that's why I've always seen it and that's why I love this, because they are taking shots at woke stuff. They have been for a while, and they did with guess what PC principle. You know, he's the PC principle and he sucks. He's a problem, you know, and he what was he? He was an overbearing douchebag for like two full seasons, you know, basically being like a thought Nazi.
Speaker 2: You know. Remember, hey, look, we're just here to you know, to smooch some puss and all that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, yeah, we're here to smash puss or however they put it. Remember the PC bros showed up, Oh yeah, yeah and came a whole thing. So it's like, to me, they're always swinging left and right. Now this time, they finally, after all these years, decided to actually focus on Trump because they had an idea that he wasn't going to win, So they made Garrison into Trump and then got stuck with him like that for a while where it was like, well, we're either going to break continuity or we're gonna have to like leave him at the White House, which they did for four years. But then they tried to take him out. Remember then he's uh turned around and he's what do you call it, Uh, he's he's out there doing his what do they call it, oh rally So he's doing his rallying thing rallies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I kind of like that.
Speaker 1: Though, And yeah, so remember he just starts up with it and the guy tries to get him to do it like a gay thing in the bathroom, and it's like, you know, really, it's like raging. It's like the old club ragers where people would take ecstasy and dance around in the lights, you know, but instead of that, they're maga rallies. It's like, Okay, that's a weird combination.
Speaker 2: But but it worked.
Speaker 1: And the thing is they decided to pull Garrison out of the Trump thing, which they made real clear, where, like I said, they go to break down his door and be like, what are you doing to the country Garrison? He goes, what, it's not me. I'n't been in Washington in years. And then you switch immediately over to you know, Trump doing his thing in the White House and he's in bed Satan, which I find to be doubly funny and could be a long lasting Easter egg if they leave it there, because eventually, why not transpose Malania onto Satan, you know, because it's getting really weird with the whole Bezos thing. And that's another thing. When they did the whole like people going into kiss Trump's ass, which is another part of season twenty seven. I'm gonna play a clip from that now because I found that funny. All these people lining up like, you know, to give them presents, which people were doing in real life. Yeah, they had Bezos, a representative of Saudi Arabia, they had what do you call it, Zuckerberg from Facebook. Everybody's lining up, Kirk, Yeah, and this is what they did with it.
Speaker 4: Mister president, you have so many great ideas.
Speaker 7: Your leadership is truly beyond anything we have ever had in this country.
Speaker 1: Now, what cracks me up about this more than anything is the visual because they have Trump like making these you know, the smirking smiley face and all that, and they're changing the expression.
Speaker 4: Those images are so good.
Speaker 2: They are the best.
Speaker 3: And it's the photo of him looking at the sun during the eclipse.
Speaker 4: Is it's so good whenever they use that well, right, because.
Speaker 1: He's got his eyes squeezed real tight, and he's got this weird sort of like triangle smile happening like a joker smile almost, and they just paste it onto his head and act like he's being happy, you know, and it's like, oh, and you're so brilliant sir, because this is what was going on for months right in front of the camera. Well, before we do anything else, we want to talk about how great Donald Trump is and how wonderful it is that he is called during.
Speaker 3: Those the meetings where they're all, you know, just riding him as hard as possible.
Speaker 1: But like everything, whether it was like a photo op in the White House or it was like some alleged you know, like presser thing at the at the Resolute Desk, or if it was a press conference, it was like, okay, everybody, let's take the first ten minutes and kiss his ass and now we'll transition to whatever the hell this actually is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, So yeah, I love this.
Speaker 9: And you do not have a small penis.
Speaker 4: Ah, thanks gang, mister president. You have so many great ideas.
Speaker 7: Your leadership is truly beyond anything we have ever had in this country.
Speaker 9: And you do not have a small penis.
Speaker 2: See I love that.
Speaker 1: I had to repeat it because that's been a constant now because in the opening, the opening scenes with him in the first episode, even he's getting pissed off at the paintings, which, if you remember, that was a problem. They hung a painting in one of the state capitals, and he's like, I'll sue you. Why are you making my penis so small? But sir, that's the way it is in the picture.
Speaker 2: I don't care. And then all some people didn't.
Speaker 1: Notice this that I asked about it is that, like all the photos and sculptures and everything else, they all have his penis out, okay, because it was blurred on it, you know, regular TV, but they if you watch it online, they all have his penis out in everything. Even when they supposedly redid the Reagan memorial. His penis is out, and it's like it's still rather tiny compared to the rest of the body, but he's at least somewhat happy with it because it's way bigger than it actually is, which.
Speaker 2: Is this whole, you know.
Speaker 1: And by the way he has a small penis is the joke, obviously, but it kills me.
Speaker 2: And the ice rates continue.
Speaker 1: By the way, I got the dogs barking, so I might kill sound for a minute on my end and just play this really quickly with the you know, the ice rates keep getting out of hand, and then when they go to raid the door of the Explorer Live concert, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: And then somebody goes.
Speaker 1: Well, the only only brown people that are going to be left anywhere are going to be in heaven.
Speaker 2: So of course, next scene, what does Ice do. Remember, only detain the brown ones. If it's brown, it goes down.
Speaker 4: Take the lookout.
Speaker 1: So they're just grabbing brown skin angels in heaven, shooting dogs in heaven, just straight up doesn't matter where they are. We're going there and this is what we're doing. And they brought Mackie along on that raid too, which is too funny.
Speaker 2: Remember, only detain the brown ones.
Speaker 4: If it's brown, it goes down.
Speaker 1: If it's brown, it goes down. And what is that, Pierce? That is a common phrase for what if you poop in the toilet, you have to flush, and if it's yellow, you can't let it mellow? Though, this is too much to me because this is multi layered humor, you know, because to Christy Nome or anybody you know commanding the Ice, of course, these people are what they're feces, So you know, if it's brown, it goes down. I mean that to me is multi layered. Maybe yeah, crazy and just looking for things here, but I just see.
Speaker 2: It as this is just insane. I mean it's good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, no, I mean it's I mean again, it's like they're they're taking.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's I mean, I wouldn't be.
Speaker 3: Surprised if she said something like that. I mean, these people are so classless and so without scruples. But yeah, I mean, and that is how they view these people. If they're not real, they're not like like, they don't they don't deserve any sort of like respect, even if they are in heaven apparently.
Speaker 4: No, No, I yeah, I like this.
Speaker 3: I want I wanted more of this kind of stuff like that that that episode I thought was really good, and also with the the Arlie Kirk stuff and Cartman doing the Young Master debaters, I wanted that to kind of continue on a little bit right, and in said they kind of like shifted it to this the whole thing with Towley and and and Satan and but I do I do love kind of where that ultimately went.
Speaker 4: In the in the season twenty eight as well.
Speaker 1: See I have a weird question there because look, they did the Charlie Kirk episode Charlie Kirk was still alive, and so you know, anybody that'll look back on it and say, oh, they were mocking. You know, nobody could knock him for that, because Charlie Kirk was still alive. He reacted to the episode and thought it was funny.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he thought it was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like he was.
Speaker 3: I don't really think he. I think in real life he didn't think it was that funny. But he knew enough that if he started acting like the little turd that he is, he was just gonna.
Speaker 4: You know, it was just going to continue, right.
Speaker 3: I think he was like, I don't know, I mean maybe, but I doubt he thought it.
Speaker 4: Was really that funny.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think he just didn't.
Speaker 3: Want to get made fun of anymore, because I mean, it's again, it's I don't think he actually quite understood what they were saying. No, you know, I mean, like the critique of him there is so spot on, and he just was like.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, sure, I you know, I think he was just he's an idiot. What he was an idiot?
Speaker 2: Right? So there's two things happening there.
Speaker 1: One is that he probably you know, was like, oh, I've been mocked by South Park. What an honor, and really didn't realize exactly how you know, close to home it was really cutting.
Speaker 2: Uh that's one thing.
Speaker 1: But the second thing is it would have only made it worse if he like got pissed about it, because it likely, I mean just strategically, it would have incurred further mocking, you know, like if he really made a big deal.
Speaker 4: Out of it, exactly, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Then, Yeah, Matt and Tray probably would have stuck that character in there more, you know, like you would had Cartman like, you know, really going on tour and stuff.
Speaker 2: Which good luck for them that they didn't.
Speaker 4: Go that way, which would have been great. I wish that had happened.
Speaker 1: Well, kind of good luck for them they didn't go that way though, because they might have been part of the giant backlash, you know, because anybody who said anything was you know, an enemy of the state, right all of a sudden, So shop Park dodged the bullet there, I think, you know, right exactly, you know, but but they spot on nailed him, like you were saying.
Speaker 3: I saw that they were even you know right, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was. It was so perfect, and I mean that was crazy to see the speed with which all of that obviously unfolded.
Speaker 4: It is pretty wild, right, because that was.
Speaker 3: August six I think when that episode came out, and then he was killed the tenth of September, so not you know, it was just a little bit over a month.
Speaker 4: Well let's see between those.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, okay, I'm looking at it right. He's trying to make his nut and all that. Yeah, that's August sixth exactly. And that's followed by Sika Fancy and Woke's Wak is Dead, which was pretty funny because that hits on the tariffs and the the uh la boo boos and all that. But conflict of interest is where it gets interesting. And you brought up this the odds app. Now, if you had been listening to my show a couple of years ago, you would have heard about Predicted, which was the which was the prominent one there for a while where you could place bets on almost anything, and it was all dollar bets and it was like if you bet a dollar, then you could win a dollar plus a certain percentage depending on the odds. And they were like betting on stuff like what these you know, other apps, these other apps have emerged afterwards.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So I was talking about this with Swanson years ago, about these betting apps. That were strange, and I was kind of curious why they weren't more popular at the time. Uh, And they become huge because every kind of betting app is gigantic at this point.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean we went from the NFL not wanting gambling to happen to them being sponsored by DraftKings, you know, like this this is a weird new reality.
Speaker 4: It's funny watching.
Speaker 3: When we were watching this on Paramount, there's these endless ad breaks and it's so funny to like, for that episode, they're talking about these prediction markets and then counting to an ad break of bet MGM and it's Jon Hamm talking about gambling is amazing, and so yeah, I mean it's they you can't even in a in a TV show making fun of that. They're still inundating you, uh, to you know, to gamble more. But I mean that that episode just that was like eye opening.
Speaker 4: That was one of these moments where I like learned something.
Speaker 3: And the the way that these app apps and these companies work it seems like something out of South Park, Like it seems like something that they would have like dreamed up, you know, as a joke, because I mean.
Speaker 4: They're really like I mean, I mean, you probably know this more than I, but they're they're they're no different from bet MGM.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they're able to, Like, I know, there's some sort of legal eese that they go through that allows them to not you know, they're regulated by the FTC, which is apparently just extremely lenient and you know, requires no oversight whatsoever about what these people are betting on, including things like you know, politics and celebrity divorces and whatnot. And I was just shocked that that that's actually like allowed to happen. I mean it really, it's so bizarre, and it's it's ridiculous that Don Junior is in the middle of it.
Speaker 4: Just, I mean, just he's such an idiot. The fact that he is I don't even want to know how much money he is making.
Speaker 3: And and and crypto or whatever on all of this stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was just like wild, Like I don't have much else to say on that specifically, but it was just so uh it really it felt I kind of hate this term, but very meta, where it felt like it was a joke that South Park had come up with, but it was actually just the reality of you know, like it.
Speaker 4: I don't know if.
Speaker 3: There's it's sort of as if reality and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you broke up there for a second, then yeah, reality reality in the cartoon kind of converge here. That's what's interesting about you even talking about the ads you watching, because the algorithm doesn't know the difference. Because there's a mention of a betting app during your TV show, it probably went and grabbed the betting app ad spot for you because it was being mentioned on.
Speaker 2: Your TV show.
Speaker 1: And that's the ironic part of this, right. As far as the Trump's and getting involved, I mean they're involved in all sorts of like, you know, buy something that doesn't that's not tangible, you know, by the crypto cards, the Trump cards, by the cryptocurrency, by the Trump coin. Right, that's a whole massive business where they minted the Trump you know, Trump himself and his family all is billionaires here where they've done that intentionally to put them in the clubs so that now they're more friendly to the billionaire club. It's it's completely psychotic and it's happening like in front of us all and even they mentioned it when Jesus goes to do the sermon on the Mounta. In the first episode, he goes, look, this guy can bribe and do whatever the hell he wants.
Speaker 2: Shut up and eat your bread.
Speaker 1: I mean it's too much, but that's Conflict of Interest is the last episode in that season, and again it you know, it continued to just be every two weeks they're putting out an episode. Now, I didn't expect it to happen, but let's see September twenty fourth. Okay, so three weeks later they release another episode, which was a weird turn. It's like an extra week break. But there wasn't much of a break between the two seasons.
Speaker 2: Okay, and here we go.
Speaker 1: They go with Twisted Christian on the fifteenth of October after releasing Conflict of Interest on the twenty fourth, and it was just sort of declared, well, by the way, this is now season twenty eight, so who even knew that season twenty seven concluded it's just done. Here you go, Now here's twenty eight. And I'm sitting there saying to myself, this is a way to like run in you know, like to fast forward through your Like if they told them, oh, you got to produce three seasons, well here's two of them, right, away done, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, like okay, you know, and are they doing that to get out of it or are they doing it because they didn't you know, in the contract, they didn't note okay, you got to give us thirty episodes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: If they didn't do that, then why not make it? You know, here's two here's two shows. That's the season done. You know, it doesn't even matter anymore.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It seemed, yeah, it seemed like there was some sort of something was happening that we were in privy too with some of this, because yeah, it just didn't make any sense, right because it's it's, uh.
Speaker 4: It's only a few weeks between them. I have no idea. It seemed very odd.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like, yeah, I couldn't really put my finger on it. I I can't imagine that that's what they're gonna do from now on, you know, because even at ten episodes, it's still like, I mean, it's not I think their previous seasons were about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah, the past were last even.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the past few okay, so that's why I said when they did the longer episodes, right, the hour and whatever episodes. Then they took those for syndication and split them up into three, which makes it like, you know, okay, so we did three of those, it was like nine episodes for that season, but that was the separate deal they did for like HBO Max or whatever. So it gets very confusing, like they're answering to their deals and continuity in the show or the seasons from one to the next. It depends on what platform it's actually going to be on, right, So I don't know what this all means because it just seems totally weird. But even at their strangest, when they started to go over to the streaming services and they did you know, the streaming wars and all that, it seemed to me like they were going to try to stick to the ten episodes and that went out the window. But like I said, it was very weird to watch it happen because there was no break in between either. It almost seems like, well, this is a continuation of a season, except we told you it's not that season, that's all.
Speaker 2: And now they introduced the.
Speaker 1: Peter tele thing in there, and you know, Cartman is possessed and you know, and Jesus has the the weirdly you know, botoxed and you know, fake fake breasted girlfriend rock Bottom or whatever, and she's the you know, she's his girlfriend now and he's the new school counselor, and he's like fed up with the whole thing already, which is funny because Jesus is a character in South Park, always has been. And the woman in the hat comes in right from you know, the trip over to England and Trump's whole thing okay, but it's like a poltergeist in the East Wing. The whole thing is crazy, you know. But to me, the pace of the jokes, though, got better, and they still kept stacking it and layering these things together as they went, so I was happier with the way these were written. But the distribution of it still sucks because it's like we got ten episode, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's two seasons now.
Speaker 4: I know it feels a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I think at times it really does feel like they don't want to do it, but they keep getting these paychecks and and it's kind of like you can't not you know, It's like you just can't turn down two billion dollars, I guess.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I don't know if this is like.
Speaker 3: A way of them kind of not comping out, but like kind of like I don't know, it seems again like they.
Speaker 4: Do they want to be fired.
Speaker 3: Do they want to just sort of like get it over with and go do something else. I don't know, but yeah, I agree. I think that this liked I liked this, the the the ongoing stuff. I think the Jdvan stuff was really funny. I can't anytime I see a picture of him, I only think of his caricature in South Park and.
Speaker 4: That voice, and yeah, I just like I.
Speaker 3: Love that him and Trum relationship, you know, Satan having to kind of deal with being pregnant and abandoned. I thought that was really I thought that was just all really good. And I mean, of course I had to, you know, smile.
Speaker 4: A loow that the just sort of call back that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was crazy because now Fantasy Island, which is another see you think about it, that's another meta joke there because they're all on Fantasy Island and Tattoo is this guy because he's Survey Villachez, which is funny because they use JD.
Speaker 2: Vance's real head.
Speaker 1: But they don't do the same thing they do with Trump, you know, where he's got the facial expressions and the changing heads. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but still you know, a buss Do you want me to lub up Satan's butthole?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it's it's just like so absurd. You know.
Speaker 1: Even when they capture these guys and they take him tomorrow lago, right, they end up with Craig is there because he's the new Charlie Kirk because you know, Cartman can't overtake him, so he's still the new Charlie Kirk. They bring him to the island. They bring uh, you know, MACKI to the island because he's going to be the new face of of Ice because Christy Nomes face is freaking Trump out because of the botox nails and stuff. And that's another thing where her face tries to run away off her skull a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is just but it's NonStop.
Speaker 1: To me, the pace is way better and reminds me of the earlier stuff where there was constant you know, there was constant action and constant dialogue that kept the jokes rolling, Yes, which is why I like it so much. Uh, And then they get into AI and the whole chat ept and now people are depending on it and building whole businesses around it.
Speaker 2: And how smart is that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: And like, yeah, I like Stan's meme coin.
Speaker 3: I thought that was really good, right, the Saudi Arabia stuff was great.
Speaker 2: Well see, and there you go, there's a there's a tip of the hat. There's a tip of the hat.
Speaker 1: To the criticism of all the comedians that went over to Saudi Arabia to take the money right where it's like, well, Saudi Arabia is giving out money to everybody. Let's go get that, you know, because of golf and all that, and that's become a political football. And you know, it's just all this stuff has many jokes stacked into it, and you could take it on the surface level and look at the most recent events, but also you can find a lot of stuff that's gonna stay there a minute, you know, and still gonna be.
Speaker 2: Relevant when you watch it later.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, the Turkey trot is now sponsored by Saudi Arabia, but don't say anything bad about the regime.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Like that was funny, you know.
Speaker 1: And Okay, so we'll get our five grand which is on a five k which you know, it's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: A five k run for five grand and.
Speaker 1: It's called the Turkey Trot, uh, and it's a thanksgiving a.
Speaker 4: Purely American that much money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's not that much money. And yet these people are looking to kill each other for it, which again is sort of like a you know, a serious tip of the hat to guess what. This is the way this works now, you know, like it just continues to work that way. And oh, by the way, this is the New Reality and.
Speaker 2: Saudi Arabia sponsor anything. I found that funny.
Speaker 1: So you know, we're most of the way through the ten episodes here, okay, until we get to the seeming conclusion and the wrap up of all this, which is now, you know, Satan's butt baby, and obviously Trump, being who he is, can't do an abortion. But he winds up going to uh Colorado to ring a bell like a Santa with you know, with with his VP with him, and he's going Merry Christmas, relaxed guy, Merry Christmas, which to me is the funny, insincere thing he's got rolling about. Hey we can say Merry Christmas again. There's just so much built into that. And then they got to go get Peter Teal out of prison because he's there to battle the anti Christ, which obviously is Satan's butt baby is the Antichrist, right, And then they brought back in even the Christmas Critters, which I thought again was funny. There's a lot of call battles on that. Yeah, I mean, what did you think of them showing up? Because remember they were the funniest thing when they when they did the whole you know Cartman's guys.
Speaker 3: I mean, you made me want to watch that that episode with them, you know, for the blood orgy scene.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, I thought that was great. I thought that that. I liked that. I liked the callbacks. I think it it.
Speaker 3: It made that season feel really kind of full. And I will say too, I mean, especially that the last one.
Speaker 4: It made me like.
Speaker 3: Feel for Satan of course, which is funny, and that's very South Park to kind of feel empathy for the Prince of Darkness, you know at the very end.
Speaker 4: So no, I love the Woodland Critter stuff. I thought it was really good.
Speaker 3: I thought the just it's the concept of Trump and and JD Vance needing to abort his unborn son because there's and again, there's so many layers to that, inso much as I'm sure Donald Trump is paid for many an abortion in uh during his time, and I think, you know, these people are so hollow in what they actually believe that of course, you know, I mean the if JD. Vance thought that killing someone's baby would advance his career, I'm sure he would do it. I don't think he would have any qualms over it. These people are so spineless. So yeah, I just I love that. I love to the idea that JD. Vance views he views Satan's and Trump's child as like, oh, well, that's going to bump him out of the line of succession, right, you know again, which is another wonderful layer that they're they're creating this aristocratic family, which certainly Trump seems totally down with and you know, would I don't know, it's just planning his uh you know, third run for president. So that was another I love that. That was like a great little line. And the idea that JD. Vans would go to those lengths to ensure that you know, he is the line of succession, would uh would uh fit you know better for him? Right?
Speaker 4: So I thought it was really good.
Speaker 3: I like anytime the Woodland Critters appear, I'm always happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta love that because that's from Stan's Christmas Adventure, right, you know, from the past. I forget what the name of that episode was, but either way you can go back and find it easy.
Speaker 4: What is Woodland Christmas?
Speaker 2: It might be?
Speaker 1: It might be, And it's sort of like the story I think that was written by by Cartman, where you know, Kyle is of course the center of evil in that one, because as usual Kyle would.
Speaker 3: Be yeah, well, I think in that Kyle is the Antichrist or something or no.
Speaker 4: No, I guess he's no.
Speaker 3: No, no, there there's still behind you to bring about the birth of the Antichrist in it.
Speaker 4: But Kyle is you know, stops it of course because.
Speaker 7: He's Jewish and whatnot? Right is that all Cartman's doing? Not right, that's all Cartman writing. But you see, there's the funny thing is I noted that people missed one of the meta jokes that they were toomping on at one point where Fox News. First of all, I loved when they came out with the fake news Fox News and they were freaking out and they were like, we have.
Speaker 2: To report something terrible. We're sorry, but we have to do this.
Speaker 1: But later when all the hosts started saying, you know, Trump is effing Satan. Now, it sounds like they're describing the act, that's what he's doing. But what they're really doing is Trump is kamma you know, Trump is kamma effing satan. In other words, he's actually satan, and they're just using the F word to accent it, right, So they're just basically saying Trump is Satan. And all of these conservative people missed it completely. And most of the viewers of South Park seem to miss it because they're like, yeah, it's right, he's banging Satan and they're having a butt baby, so'll it makes sense. And I'm like, yeah, but you're missing the point. They're making these these fox o say it over and over again so that it's an exclamation. This guy is satan. He is Satan, not that he's just banging Satan. He is Satan, and they like.
Speaker 2: It totally goes over their heads. Look at the blank stare.
Speaker 1: If you talk to somebody face to face about it, it's too funny.
Speaker 2: They completely miss it.
Speaker 1: And there's a bunch of jokes like that like I said, if it's brown, it goes down. Obviously they're the metajoke there is these people are shit okay.
Speaker 2: You know. And there's a whole bunch of hints to.
Speaker 1: This stuff all the way throughout the show. And it's like, so there are many layers to these jokes. And I gotta say the past five years, at least, they have not layered their jokes.
Speaker 2: In the show.
Speaker 1: It's been very lazy in my mind. And this is why I think you and I were very disappointed with it. Now you see this as an improvement at least these you know, two allegedly two seasons. You see it as an improvement. But I see it as a mass sim improvement. But again, I'm still trying to figure out why the magosphere.
Speaker 2: Is not freaking out.
Speaker 1: I mean, do they not understand how on the nose these jokes are?
Speaker 2: I mean, do they not understand the I think.
Speaker 3: That I think that they My sense is that they they got the message from like the first or second episode that oh, okay, we're not supposed to watch this anymore.
Speaker 4: You know, Daddy doesn't like.
Speaker 3: It and it's stupid and and Caroline Levitt says it's it's dumb. So we're just I don't think they're they're they're just completely ignoring it. I think that they they're just they're moving on to and And also I think that at the end of the day, those people they can't sit down and watch something and laugh and enjoy themselves.
Speaker 4: They have to constantly be.
Speaker 3: Either in a state of sort of hyper vigilance and fear over or whatever it is Maduro or immigrants and pedophiles and whatnot.
Speaker 4: And and they also just they have to be angry all the time.
Speaker 3: So I don't think that they would just sit because even like their their version of like comedy, it's like Greg Guttfeld or others just ripping on, you know, punching down. It's not really that funny. So I think they just they didn't watch it. I think they wanted nothing to do with it. They you know it because all it needs is Trump to be like, oh those guys like you know, they did anybody even watch that anymore?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, come on.
Speaker 3: And they're just happy to sit and refresh their phones looking to see whatever the new truth social pronouncement is from him.
Speaker 4: So I think they just didn't watch it. That's my set or that's my theory.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't really know. I don't know if I have a sense, but that's my theory. I think they just didn't watch it because they essentially were told not to or they you know, they knew that it wasn't it wasn't going to be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, I don't think they actually want to see Okay, they could never that.
Speaker 2: I see. I see that point of view. But here's my counter to that.
Speaker 1: They pounced on Jimmy Kimmel to the point of, you know, getting the cancelation, and then that had to be reversed. Then the guy actually has high ratings, and in my mind, it almost seemed like a coordinated stunt to actually raise the guy's ratings because I don't think he was doing that well until the FCC chairman was like, hey, you know what, you better do this or that or else, and like that, mobilization and that kind of stuff has continued, where they've criticized and hammered and even taken over, you know, like the Barry Weiss thing and CBS and everything. They're taking over the media. They're owning it one way or another. I mean, MSNBC split off from NBC now, you know, and they're what do they call themselves an MS now or something MS whatever is I don't know, but either way, they've split themselves off. They're trying to separate themselves from liberal wokism. CNN is changing, CBS is changing, They're actually winning in the media wars. And you would think that they would attack this and take it down, and you know, make the same arguments, how dare you you know, you can't possibly you're threatening violence, You're encouraging people to do terrible things, you know, some nonsense.
Speaker 2: You would think they.
Speaker 1: Would go with here, because it would be just as disconnected as freaking out at Jimmy Kimmel for barely saying a thing.
Speaker 2: So it seems weird to me.
Speaker 1: I get it that you know, they've been discouraged from watching it, but they were also discouraged from watching Kimmel. And meanwhile, they had to go with the corporate influence and we'll find then we won't run it on our conservative networks and Burber Burber burr, And then they had to reverse themselves inside of what a week, you know. I mean, I'm just saying, it's it's like almost weird that there isn't more of a reaction.
Speaker 3: It's funny too, because I don't know, Yeah, I mean unless just I mean I think that I think if you were to look at the ratings for this, I mean they're they're I mean, like almost all shows, the ratings for South PARKA just everything goes down, you know, it's just fewer and fewer people, Like if you look at like the ratings or you know, or views rather not ratings, the views. You know, like for the first couple of seasons, you've got you know, five million people watching an episode, and now you're down to like, I don't know, you know, three hundred thousand people or something like that.
Speaker 4: So obviously, I mean, just fewer people.
Speaker 3: Are watching it. I don't know, I'm not sure. It's strange to me that there isn't more of an of an uproar. I mean that that's why I feel like they're just they're not watching it it, which is funny because I I always find Paramount, like if you log into Paramount Plus, it's like it's all the shows are these everything is made by that guy Sheridan Taylor Sheridan, and they're all like, you know, he's always on Rogan and he's always parrotting a lot of right wing talking points.
Speaker 4: About oil and being a man.
Speaker 3: And all this sort of you know, it's all, it's nothing, but shows that kind of appeal to them. So I don't know, maybe they turn on Paramount and they just see Landman or whatever iteration of Yellowstone is popular at the time, and they just they just click on that they don't watch South Park.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that they. I think that also for many for the past couple of years. I think that a lot of this stuff, like if you look at the way South Park has like handled COVID and things like that, it doesn't skew with what they want from from a show like that. So maybe they're just like done with it. They just they haven't watched it for a while.
Speaker 4: I don't know. That's my that's my take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it could be right. But anyway, let's leave to politics out of it. What's your overall view on this? I mean, like I said, I definitely see it as a massive improvement, But I think your your improvement scales a little lower than mine. You're you're you're seeing it as less of an improvement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think it's yeah. I think I I would prefer more episodes of just the boys being boys.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe that's not it's funny anymore or whatnot, but I do kind of miss some of that. I miss just some of like Cartman being Cartman and coming up with schemes.
Speaker 4: And stuff like that. So I think it was it was definitely an improvement.
Speaker 3: I think that I like what you're you know you were saying about the continuity of some of the jokes and the the through lines through throughout multiple episodes.
Speaker 4: I thought that was all great.
Speaker 3: Uh, some of the callbacks as well to like previous things like the Woodland crid or Christmas and some of the other characters is really good.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think it was good.
Speaker 3: I would I just hope they continue like this, and I as much as I like the current stuff that they do, I could go with the season or half a season that's not about politics and everything that's happening in the world. Like I think that my favorite episodes are the ones that are not so topical, because I think you could just return to those over and over again and really find them funny.
Speaker 4: So I don't know that's that's my thought.
Speaker 8: But but I mean, listening to you, I do I am maybe more confident, uh or that they might be heading in a better direction in terms of the writing.
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I'm undecided as to what direction they're headed in because to me, I see, you know, increased effort here has obviously been put in, but at the same time, we got way less production, you know, at least half of the production level that we would have gotten in the same time period, and they would have called this one season, you know, So you know, it's weird to me. It's like they've they've definitely decreased their pace and I guess they can set it. And meanwhile, if you're being paid two billion dollars, yeah, it's kind of hard to like not do something for two billion dollars, you know, like when people like complain about you know, well, what is this guy get a hundred million dollars?
Speaker 4: What is it? Dude?
Speaker 2: How do you turn that down?
Speaker 1: If you are capable of doing a job for one hundred million dollars that you know, you're not only capable of doing, but you do it better than other people do, which is obviously why you're being paid that amount. I mean, tell me you're not going to take that paycheck, you know. Yeah, And obviously they're not being controlled by the you know, like don't make fun of Trump narrative, so they don't have the Barry Weiss restrictions on them. Clearly, Okay, So if you can be free to create and still do something you're capable of doing, even if you're sick of doing it. I mean, this is why they're waving massive contracts in front of them, because it's obviously still worth more than two billion dollars. You know, they're not gonna pay them two billion dollars to make their two billion dollars. In their minds, they can make a lot more than that two billion if these guys create this stuff for them, So one way or another, they're gonna make that money back, or at least they're gambling that.
Speaker 2: They are, right.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, it's just it's a weird thing to watch the business and maybe you know, look, it's almost like rock stars when they're way past their prime and they're still out there trying to tour and you know who I'm talking about. Yeah, right, It's like, you know, how many times did the Rolling Stones continue to tour even though God knows, like you're looking at them, going, are these the same guys? You know, like you don't even recognize them anymore. It's like, you know, have you seen a picture of Jimmy Page lately? You know, like, dude, you know, at a certain But then again, if somebody says, listen, I'm gonna guarantee you so many millions of dollars to go.
Speaker 2: How do you say?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, no, of course, yeah, you know. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, like if somebody said to me, like if I quit doing this show, and then somebody said, hey, listen, we're willing to pay you, you know, a half a million dollars a year to come do it? Yeah, better believe I'll get back on the mic, you know. And I have considered quitting lately. But I mean, you know, we all go through these things, and you've been away a bit lately. I didn't even talk about that at the beginning, but I mean, you've been busy. I know you're busy in your personal life. I don't know what you want to describe here, but I'm aware of what you're busy with, and I'm happy that you are. And I know that you know, even though you're a bit tired from things.
Speaker 2: Lately, you know that will pass. Okay.
Speaker 1: The one thing I can guarantee you in that circumstance, since I've been kind of where you're at, is that this will change. I'm not telling you that it's all going to get better. I'm telling you all these things will change. You know, none of this lasts forever. That's the thing about the nature of what it is you're doing with your life right now is that you can guarantee that nothing lasts that long. Everything is transient here, and you know you do your best in the moment that you're in, and that is all anybody can really do.
Speaker 2: So you know, I get that.
Speaker 1: And I know that you haven't been creating content lately and all that kind of stuff, And I know you have maybe an idea that you want to get back to it, but then again, maybe.
Speaker 2: You're unsure about that.
Speaker 1: What is the future for Porkin's policy review, et cetera. I mean, if you want to give me an answer, you tell me you're still thinking it over.
Speaker 2: Tell me, I mean, you know, give me a hint.
Speaker 3: Probably probably still thinking well, I mean, not still thinking it over. Yeah, I mean, I would I hope that this is the you know, the first of many more conversations between the two of us, maybe not just on South Park but on other things. But yeah, I would say, yeah, I do want to do more things. I don't know, I feel like sometimes making promises on the air, every time I've ever made them, it always like kind of comes back to.
Speaker 4: Haunt to haunt me.
Speaker 3: So I don't think I'll make any like, you know, concrete uh proclamations right here, but yeah, I think I think they there will be some more episodes.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like I've got to at some point get my thoughts together on the Epstein stuff, just because every everyone I know is always like, oh, you know, they're always asking me questions about it or or or want to know what's my take on it, And obviously I think that, yeah, I got to put something out on that at some point. It's gonna be a series, probably a series of episodes, because I don't think I could sum it all up in one. But yeah, yeah, I mean one of my uh sort of New Year's resolutions is to to try and record with some regularity, even if that's only like once a month.
Speaker 4: Or once every two months or something.
Speaker 1: Right, So, okay, you're going to get back to it, but the pace and everything is to be determined. And that's cool because you know, to my mind, you were part of the discussion, and so was I, and so was Opperman, and so were a bunch of other people long before this became a national discussion regarding Epstein. Now there are actually, you know, pieces of information out there that were alleged before that were seen before, but nobody took all that seriously in the major media circles and so on and so forth. And it's weird to sit here and see that, you know, CNN is talking about this now, and you know what I mean in five.
Speaker 4: Like South Park is making fun of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or South Park is making fun of it when meanwhile, this was one of those fringe, barely or not really known unless you lived in Florida kind of circumstances for like a decade, you know. So I know that's weird, But I mean, look, I don't want you to make any solid proclamations because yeah, same thing happens to me too. Every time I try to go, well, I'm going to do this, and I've got a plan to do that. I swear to God every single time I declare it somewhere, and I know it was heard by a lot of people. Things just go the wrong way and I can't do it.
Speaker 2: And I think you're.
Speaker 1: Starting to discover the same problem where it's like, well, I want to get back to regularly doing my show, and then three months later people go, hey, where's the show, and you go, well, I had other stuff going on, you know, And you sound like you don't know what your plans are, but you do know what they are. It's just it's difficult to get back on the ground running no matter what it is you're doing as a constant occupation, so to speak, outside of the stuff that you have to do on a daily basis. So you know, I get it, and believe me, I'm struggling lately. I you know, as I'm sitting here talking to you, I'm about ready to have to get away from this chair because I can't even stay sitting up anymore, you know, because things that are going on, and I'm struggling through a bunch of crap that I'm not even able to talk about right now. But you know, hey, look we're gonna do what we're gonna do, and obviously there's always a place for you to come on and talk about stuff with me anytime, but I'll be interested in seeing what it is you do record. I'd love to see what it is you have to say, and you know, little analysis on somebody who's actually familiar with the material when it comes to the epscene stuff, you know, more than myself. I mean, even trying to approach Opperman lately about it.
Speaker 2: It's been weird.
Speaker 1: I re released some old episodes, even with you and him on them, just to show people that, you know, we were talking about this ten years ago, you know, so this is not new you know, oh this is brand new stuff.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: We knew about it here it is, you know, just to demonstrate to people that know this stuff existed quite a long time and you should be asking yourself why it was ignored for so long, okay, which I think is a fair thing to ask. But then again, you immerse yourself in that crap. We talked about this, you know before, when you were planning on writing a book. You immerse yourself in that kind of grease and guess what you feel greasy? So you know it's something you don't want to stay in and you can see some of the insanity that goes on and also some of the changing positions and shifting sands among people for political reasons. Can't you you know, I don't mean you Pierce, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyway, with all that in mind, though, I mean, anything you want to point us to or I mean, obviously they can always go to Porkin's Policy review dot com. I'll give a link in the show notes, you know.
Speaker 2: Catch up on old stuff. Please do search Epstein over there.
Speaker 3: I've kind of come kind of removed myself almost entirely from social media stuff. I mean, I still I still have a Twitter at count, but I don't tweet and I don't really use it. But yeah, so, I mean, if people wanted to, if they were interested in getting in touch, just Parkin's policy at gmail dot com is the easiest way there you go.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I definitely advise you do that. And again, Pierce is a busy guy lately, but who knows, maybe we'll see him re emerge with you know, something in the content sphere, or who knows, he might have stuff in his archives to release at some point that would sound a whole lot newer than you might think, even if it's over a decade old, because it's just it's been a long journey with some of this stuff. And you know, it's not just the Epstein files that we might have hit upon ahead of the curve. But it's possible that you know, guys like Pierce and myself might have been talking about stuff a while ago that you're just now starting to pay attention to for one reason or another. Which is funny because I remember the whole modeling agency thing coming up with Brunell and and you know, Casablancis and and.
Speaker 2: Like people are like, who the hell are these people?
Speaker 1: You know, like years and years ago, and now it's it's almost like people are versed in it, going, well, yeah I knew about that, and O Trump had a modeling agency, Oh wow, yeah he did.
Speaker 4: Everyone is you know, I'm expert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these experts out there where they're like, oh, we just discovered this, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, God, call me when you catch up. You know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's been good to talk to you, and I hope you guys enjoyed the the analysis and the dive into the latest South Park and this was intentionally done so we didn't cover news and didn't cover the current Greece and politics because I'm burnt out anyway, and I know some of you are, so hopefully you guys enjoy this, and I would still overall give it, you know, South Park definitely a thumbs up, like it's worth watching this season and it's very fast paced and is topical. But at the same time, I think it's gonna have some staying power in its relevance later on, just with.
Speaker 2: The way the jokes were built.
Speaker 1: But you won't know that until a year or two from now when everybody forgets everything.
Speaker 9: Revelation through conversation. Do you like history? Real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike.
Speaker 2: Swanson dot Com Radio Network. The use expressed my caller schools.
Speaker 5: There anyone else who happens to get on the air of Jelly dot com not necessarily reflected he us little Jelly dot com or.
Speaker 1: Check Chelly, and we are not responsible for any stupidity which might instuti.
Speaker 9: Thank you revelation.
Speaker 10: Through conversation.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 6: Oh chill you fact, Oh Shelly fact Rams and trow Right, Jay True.
Speaker 3: Your theatin on the world.
Speaker 4: You are the fact.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Do you like history? Real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War Nuclear Bombs in nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War Nuclear Bombs in nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swantz.
Speaker 10: In Denial Secret Wars with Air Strikes and Tanks by Larryhncock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larryhancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them. Using new files.
Speaker 5: It exposes things about the Bay of pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not earn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial secret wars with air strikes and tanks Larryhancock. For more information, go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com in digit or.
Speaker 9: Physical Foli dot com.
Speaker 11: Wall streetdo dot dot, Wall Street, Windows on, condo, don com. Michael Swanson, the brilliant author of the War State, gives you the benefit of his knowledge.
Speaker 4: Wall Street dot dot.
Speaker 2: Go there, now go there, now go there now.
Speaker 3: Dot Com Radio Network, Wall.
Speaker 2: Street sendo dot dot, Wall Street.
Speaker 10: Windows, do condo, don com.
Speaker 11: Michael Swanson, the brilliant author of the War State, gives you the benefit of his knowledge. Wall Street, sam dot dot.
Speaker 2: Go there, now go there.
Speaker 6: Now go there now, Codio Facto.
Speaker 9: Chili dot com. The rebaith person played me now with a curs place by a bolted.
Speaker 6: Glass offerings no sul can pass the skies.
Speaker 9: The War State by Michael Swanson, explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the times, and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis.
Speaker 5: President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state.
Speaker 2: Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic.
Speaker 5: In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower.
Speaker 9: Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island armed with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers.
Speaker 2: Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway.
Speaker 5: The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why and will show you what President Kennedy was up against.
Speaker 2: For more information, the Warstate dot Com