Speaker 1: And did you hear that? Come on, will you? Did I hear what? That whistle? That's the Rinsol white whistle, and Russo means us, that's right.
Speaker 2: Rensol gets close, Rinso white, and Rinsol presents the amos and Andy show Renso for a wash that's Nto Rinsol for a wash that's Prince white. Rinsol helps wash day go like a song. Those soapy rich suns get out stubborn dirt, fast, leave white things snowy. Rinso white, washable colors, gay and fresh looking, rins So bright safely even after dozens of washings. And Rinso's Andy sneeze too. It's made by an exclusive anti sneeze process and is ninety eight percent free of sneezy soap dust. No other granulated soap can make this claim. So next washday, remember.
Speaker 1: Wrin soap.
Speaker 3: Rin soap pipe poking in a washta song, and our stars save us and Andy.
Speaker 2: There's only one thing the Kingfish likes better than going down to his office and taking it easy, and that is staying home.
Speaker 1: And taking it easy, it says in the trip.
Speaker 2: At the moment, the Kingfish is home alone, sitting on the sofa, reading his newspaper with his feet perched up on the chair. His wife's sapphire, who's been out shopping, is just putting the key in the door.
Speaker 1: Oh baddle, life is back. But to get him feet soft of his chair and turned to the worn edge. Oh hello, hello, do spec you so soon?
Speaker 4: Well? With the money you give me a span, I can't stay.
Speaker 1: Out very long. Mm A nice hat you got on? Uh honey, new spring hat?
Speaker 4: Hunh yes, the spring of nineteen forty one. This is a four year I've been wearing this thing.
Speaker 1: Uh well, uh still look great on you. And then, like I always say when your boys spencer things, it lasts long cause you was getting the best.
Speaker 4: I paid ninety eight cents for this hat.
Speaker 1: H well, I want you to keep on playing ninety eight cents for your house? Hunuh. I don't want my wife running around none of them forty nine that house, Honey, No.
Speaker 4: Ninety eight cents for a half George, how long is we gonna have to go on scrimping and saving the waito man?
Speaker 1: Now, hundred doll just wait till much ship comes in.
Speaker 4: I'll buy you everything I've been hearing about your ship for twenty hairs now how can it come in? It ain't even been launched yet. Oh hunhy, I'm just tired of living the way we do it out.
Speaker 1: No money, Honey, I got money. Look here, I got fifteen dollars. They're just right down, Yeah, saving them for a big deal that's coming up. Yeah, I win. I don't have to go through what I do. They gets new clothes, They.
Speaker 4: Rides around in the arm cars.
Speaker 1: We ain't never had no car, Jorge. Yeah, well we'll get an automobile someday, honey, as soon as they get them perfected. Yeah, there's two dandrus. While when I think that you are driving a loon and a car, maybe you don't have a terrible accident the car turns over two three times and all smashed up with you underneath it. Honey. I just can't bear the thought of it. Oh, George, Oh I mean it, honey. Of course, a fortune to get these cars fixed, all right. All.
Speaker 4: All I gotta say is that if we don't get a car or something pretty soon, that I can get a little plash out of I'm gonna walk out of here, say oh, well.
Speaker 1: Don't walk out the other way. You'll get a car and you can ride over here, honey, I ain't fooling you, Joe. Well, now look at your ticket is a honey. I don't worry about the call. Maybe I'll be able to get a call somewhere. I'll make everything already on us, so we'll man.
Speaker 4: You better do something I'm wanting you joorge.
Speaker 1: Well, Andy, you really look flesh since you done made that money on that job, Paul, Yeah, it was right on. Eighteen dollars in four days. I agree. It was a good job too. I was a night watchman on the building the government was putting up. They fired me. I don't know why. Yeah, well it wasn't you a good night watchman? Certainly? I was. Of course. There was a little something missing one morning, but didn't mount them much. Oh what was it that was missing? Andy? The steam shovel. I still can't figure out how the thieves done stole that thing. I was right on the job there as usual, sleeping less than ten feet away from the thing. Get him, man there you mean one of them big steam shovels. It looked like a caboost on a train. Yeah, got that long iron girders sticking up there with a shovel on the end. Of it and them here the steel trails like a tractor that was missing. Yeah, that's right, But I can't understand how the fields could steal something like that without you hearing them. Yeah, well they must have wars niggers. I unphoned the police right away, and I told them to keep on the lookout for a couple of fellas with a hot steam junger. Oh hot steam listen, man, Say wait a minute, here come the Kingfish across the street. Oh yeah, yeah. He called me on the phone a little while ago about me and him buying a car together. I kind of liked that idea. Come in, King Fish, held on, say amos, one of you excuse me in there, and I got a little business to talk over, all right. I was sorry, King Face, I don't want to mess up the wheels of comer. Well, i'll see you folks later. Yeah, so long. Well, then, like I told you on the phone, it'd be a great thing for me and you to have a car together. Yeah. I was just general nighbors that I kind of liked the idea. Well, in that case, it is all settled now under about that eighteen dollars you got when we goes to buy the car. I gonna let you use that to make the first payment that's called the down payment to see. Then I will make the second payment and about a year with my fifteen dollars. Well, why don't you make the first payment? Because I loved you, because you was a sweet feller, and I don't want to do nothing to hurtsh you. You'll see you in the Every year a car goes down in value, or they call it the depreciation, So I sticking myself with the depreciation. Yeah, well, why can't you make the first payment? And letting me get stuck myself with the depreciation? You was too sweet and say one thing. We resigned yet, kingfish, when is you gonna use this car? And when is I gonna use it? That? When I got that off figured out to y'all got that off. I uses the car every day from eight in the morning until twelve midnight. That's eight to twelve, four hours now. Then then at twelve o'clock midnight sharp, you gets the car and has it all night long, all night until eight in the morning. And you know why doing that ending because I had sweet No, No, it's just that I want to give you the best time for driving at night you drives along, there's not a soul around, not another car in the street. The world belongs to you. Yeah, the only thing is it belongs to me at that kind of bad time, you know, and look at you. Maybe you think that I try to put something over on it. Most everybody like night better it does. Yeah, I see, Wait a minute, funny thing. I just happen to have a poor im in my pocket on the very subject. It'll prove my point. Yeah, now here, I don't copy it right down here on the paper. Now, let me read to you. This is my I'll copy this out the book. It's go ahead. The title of this is old Beautiful Night I Love You by Robert W. Longfellow got Rich. You'll hit you now go like this, how beautiful the night with the moon on high, thou can see the North Star up in the sky. And if thou was in partners with a fellow on a car, take it at night. I will never regret it. North Star, north Star in in a beautiful cinema there. Yeah, in that last line, though, he sure had to bring the North starron from left field, isn't it.
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 1: That's just where you go there. Look, kingfish here's the thing in the nutshell. Now, I ain't no port and if we buys a car, I want to crack at it in the daytime too, while longfella's sleeping. Well, all right, man there, that's how you feel. Border we work it out. Somebody, Come on, let's go over to Joe's used car lot and pick out an automobile. Okay, let's go look at it. This is reporting now when we is looking at the car. Don't forget. We just gotta act like we knows all about cars. Who the guy ain't gonna jip.
Speaker 5: Us can't go wrong on this conboys, it's the best spying a lot and right within your price range.
Speaker 1: Yeahs, yeah, well, uh I'll tell you right now. So we knows all about these cars, so you can't put nothing no more on us. Uh. Let's check the motor here, and yeah, let's check that we knows motors backwards. Mister, all right, I lift up the hurt a nice hum to the hood there. All right, Well there are yuys. Are we know the stuff there? Just wanna make sure the motor's all right, mussa, Oh that's all right. Uh, I got all the stuff on there, and oh show everything.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at these pistons here. That was the spark plugs. Oh yeah, new model does right. Uh. Let's look at the corbulator here. Okay, okay, go ahead, that's the generator. Oh switching around too. Huh uh. Let's look at the Uh you wanna go first this time? Miss, and I thought you too know so much about car? We does? We does? Hey, Kate fish, look at it. Look at this tire. The rubber is gone and the fabric is showing through. Fabric's showing through. Huh uh, no word about it. When the air starts showing through, that's the time the world say, mossel, we'll buy this car.
Speaker 5: Okay, boys, just step over to my office on the other side of the.
Speaker 1: Lot here and we'll close the deals. Yeah, give me the down camp.
Speaker 6: Hey Joe, Hey Joe, what is it, mistering you that nineteen twenty six overland roadster you bought from me yesterday?
Speaker 1: Have you sold it yet?
Speaker 5: I just sold it a few minutes ago to a couple of fellas.
Speaker 1: They just drove off the line in it. What's the matter. Well, I use that car my business.
Speaker 6: I'm a window trimmer, and I left the clothing dummy in the rumble seat.
Speaker 1: I just forgot it was there. Clothing dummy. Yes, you know, one of those women's figures we put in stole windows. I had it all dressed up and I got to get it back.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll give you the address of the guys I sold a car to.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks, then I'll run over there for the dummy later this afternoon.
Speaker 1: There is no end. I can hardly realize that me and you as orders of a fine automobile like this. Yeah, kind of shake a little over, Donnar king thing now that you mentioned the deuce shakers little yeah, matter of fact. And it is healthier this way. You get the riot and you get your blood circulated. At the same time, Kingfish, you showed that nineteen twenty six was a good year for oblans, like you told me, oh yeah, and they great. Yeah, but they've got good blad years, you know, automobile. It's just they can have a champagne wine. You know. Uh no, come here as the champagne. It's more bubblier than other. Yeah. Yeah, this show was a bubbly year for Opal well and a long as that's all is wrong with the car. Yeah, I think we could eat? What was that on tire? I think the air is starting to show through. Oh man, well it was a great car for the first six blocks. H Come on, man, let's get out and get the thing fixed. That's the only thing to do. Yeah. Yeah, while I looking over the spare tire, you look in the rumble seat and see if there's any tools and there. Yeah, okay, man, let me get this rumble seat open. See if there's in it. Oh a dead woman? Uh cake fish king Fitch and uh uh uh what what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What's the matter? Uh? What what's wrong? Cavefish? Uh? I don't know. Maybe there's something wrong with my eyes. Maybe I didn't really see it. Oh see what come here? Come here now? Now, when I raised the lid on this seat, you take a quick look in there. You ready? Oh? Oh close it or so you see this? Huh yeah, look in take it easily. But just so we'll sure about this thing. Let's check with each other. Let's see if we both see the same thing here. Yeah, that's a good idea. Okay. Now, now think before you answered this, ander, Yeah, what did you see in the a body? What'd you see so far? With his neck and neck on this thingle. Now listen, man, uh what kind of a body? Would you say? It was a corpse? Such? Did did you notice anything peculiar about the corpse? Yeah? It was dead? Double check? But game fish? What else we're gonna do with a dead woman on our hands? Yeah? We liable to be accused of murder? Oh me, handy, listen, we needs legal advice and we needs it bad. Come on, and they gathered. Were in an awful mess. Yeah. Now we're in a lot of trouble. Yeah, and you gotta help us. Gabby, I put you out of these boys. Don't wear my things. You was with your lawyer. Now you've got nothing to worry about it because your problems become mine. All problems become yours. That's right, allmine? Now, what's my problem? What's my problem? You got a dead body and our rumbles here boy, as I was returning, the problem unopened. Your trouble is you bought four wheels with two bodies. What do you mean? Boy? Bought two? They listen, gavied what as you talking about? You was out of your head? I know I is. When I hear his dead body, I don't know what I'm talking about because nothing upsets me more than the word bed. It's so rigga matyrish. Well, well, well the thing is, Gavin. We definitely didn't kill the body, but it's the police gonna believe that, or if they're gonna try to pin it on us. I'm fad of his boys. I sure, I'm afraid it is boys. Is only one other thing you can do. Find somebody that's a sucker and sell him the car with the body in it, but the body already in it, give him a guarantee for ten thousand miles, and just hope he goes down. Hope he goes that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Every Now, look at here and the uh look at you. Go around and see if you can sell the car, maybe the shortage, and I'll try to sell it to somebody too. That's definitely what you should do. Otherwise, if you host on that body, you're gonna be affected by the Burns Curribu law, the Burns curbulaw, the Burns curfew law. How you figure that, Well, when you get putting the elected chair by the law and it burns you, that's your curfew. That's the Burns curfew law.
Speaker 2: Are Inso whitewashed with ease, are Inso bright, wash with safety. Is it any wonder that women here, they're everywhere, are singing Rinso foot washed ups, white as it can be, Rinso fright, I g hds Rinso.
Speaker 1: Keeps your college night, get out or white as create advice. You can't go along Rinso fix Rinsel, put hay washed, long.
Speaker 2: Thick, Sophie rich, Rinso SuDS, get out stubborn, dirt fast, get clothes, Rinso white and Rinso bright with as little as a five minute run in your washer.
Speaker 1: No wonder.
Speaker 2: Rinso's the only soap recommended by the makers of thirty three leading washers, including the famous Crosley. So team Rinso with your Crosley for an easy, happy wash day. But remember washer manufacturers have gone to war, so take good care of her Crossley and don't forget next wash day making a Rinso whitewashed with ease, a rinsol brightwash with sasty.
Speaker 1: Shorty, I just dropped into your barbershop here because I want to talk to you for a minute. Yeah, but I'll talk to you. I'll be glad to talk. Yeah. Well, uh tell me, shorty, how is you getting along with gals these days? Who who met? Well? I was the most popular man, and the girls has always called me. I'll snowed under me. But my phone is ringing all the time. Can you get me a date? You see there? You see just as I thought, you ain't got no gals. And I'll tell you the reason, shorty. If you wants gals, you gotta go out in here and get yourself an automobile. Yeah.
Speaker 8: But but I i'd be afraid, I I I'll hear some things that ain't nice about taking gals out driving in cars.
Speaker 1: Why'd you here? They get fresh with your sure they listen, you're talking silly. Listen. I got the perfect car for you to buy, a nice roach there with a rumble sea. Oh yeah, I I I like a rumble seed.
Speaker 8: It it it You would be be be nice driving out in the country.
Speaker 1: Man, you said it y? You know some man they I I I'd like to have a car. Mm I'd like I'd like to go out sitting out on on on on a.
Speaker 8: And parking on the beautiful r little hillside, be in the rumble seat with some gals, some nice quiet gals, just to sit there with her with without her saying the words.
Speaker 1: That I can guarantee got there bus. But but I, on the other hand, I I I don't know if I ought to own a car. And it's who's dangerous? Dingerous with all their women drivers on the road. I know my uncle was he got an actually accountable woman driver. She signaled for a left turn, fooled him completely. Well, uh, you mean after the signaling for a left turn, she wasn't made a right one, No, she made the left one. Well, listen, shorty, Uh, I wouldn't worry too much about women drivers. Come on outside and take a look at the car. You gonna like it better than any other kind all over overland roads.
Speaker 8: Then huh yeah, uh, but that that ain't my favorite car.
Speaker 1: Well what is your favorite car? Uh h Chevrolet coupe, said dad. Yeah, well there's good too. Uh now there there is. There's the car, shorty. Ah, yeer, honey, I'll been and take a trial spin. I'll wait year, oh boy, try I'll skin I I I love to take it for a ski.
Speaker 8: I I I'll go around the bl I'll i'll I'll take it to the park.
Speaker 1: I'll I'll let it out on the main highway. I can drive Kingfish, now that we ain't be able to pass this car off on shortly or nobody else. I has offuls cared, and no tell 'em one way gonna get caught with that rumble steed and there and the body in there and everything. Well I know it, and I know that, and the police beound the blame us and uh cause you realize this made me in the electric chair for both of us. Oh no, Kingfish, not bad. I was too young to die, Kingfish. I don't wanna die. I don't wanna die. But look at me, and then I got a wife. Well at least you got something, but take the sting out of it, the Kingfish. Look, I was too nervous to sit around here and think anymore. I'm going out for a walk. I gotta get some I got to clear my mind, land away them, I gotta get out. No, I'm going, Oh me hand of leaving me here in this office like this. I'm just as scared as he is. I don't want to go to no electorate chair on me? Uh oh? Who is walking up to the door here? Oh? Hello, my name is Marty Gull. Hello, what can I do for you? You were born in nineteen twenty six over them this morning. Didn't no, no, no, no, no, nos of knows I didn't buy no card, or do my friend done that? I had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 6: Well, linem the former owner of the car, and there's something in the rumble seat that belongs to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I see what belongs to you. The man's a murderer?
Speaker 3: Or was that?
Speaker 1: I don't say anohing you You mean you as responsible for what is in the rumble seat?
Speaker 6: Yes, I use it in my line of work. Say you seem rather interested. You know there's a shortage of help in this line. I might be able to get you a job.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well, well where well well well, well, well well I'll tell you. Well, of course you'd have to have a Union card, Union car. They really got this stuff hoganized. Now hey, look, mother, I don't want no trouble. If it happens to be a body of yours by mistake, you can have it right back. Body. But I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Look, all I want is the window dummy I left in the car you bought.
Speaker 1: I have to get the work now, uh wind did you say wind the dummy? Yes? Now where is it? Saymoiselle, mister, you just made me the half best man in Harlem. Mister, Look the cars parked down the street about the block, the dummies and the rumbles heat, just go and take it away. Oh well thanks, holah, Well it's not so long. Oh so the body was just a window dummy. Huh? Say that? Give me an idea. I gonna call Sapphire and tell her to get all dressed up to go riding. Now new nineteen twenty six old, I just think of a way to own a cheap It looked like Andy Brown is gonna get smacked with the best scheme I've done had you. Hey, cake Fish, cake Fish, listen, I got something down. Wait, wait a minute, I listen for your talk here, brother, and don't tell me nothing. I've been thinking things over you, is uh. And of all my friends, you was the only one I really loved. And it's a beautiful love that I got for you. Now, look, this ain't gonna be another poems it Now.
Speaker 7: Look when I in the middle of telling you how I love you, when you keep your big mo shut, I love you, and I love you, and I just came bear to have you take the raft for what's in that rumble seat.
Speaker 1: You mean you gonna take the wraft? Yes, Ander, I gonna take the car off your hands for fifteen dollars cash, no discount. Okay, Kingfish, if that's the way you wanna do, allright, deal already, And here's the fifteen dollars here. Good. Thanks, And now that I got the money, all I gotta say is that you show is creative to do a thing like that. Uh crails well, as long as you get in a little huffy and puts it that with son, I'll tell you a thing or two. That body that was in the rumble seat wasn't no body at all. It was just to win the dummy. And now I owns the car, so I ain't so crazy they have all is though? Any You just done got smacked by a smart man. That's awesome, look, Kingfish, it so happened that I knows it was a dummy too when I was outside before I took a good look in the rumble seat, and I see it. But but and how come you sold me the car for only fifteen dollars? It cost eighteen? Kingfish? You remember you say, I just got smacked by a smart man. Yeah, your car just got smacked by a mack truck. Just one more thing for and a mighty important one at that. And and I would like to have you pay special attention to what Hollow Wilcox is going to tell you. Well, I don't think any of you ladies really like to scrub and boil clothes, do you? I thought not?
Speaker 2: And you don't have to either, not with rinso. Why a short soaking as little as ten minutes in those soapy rich rinsol SuDS. A few quick finger rubs on extra soil places, and your clothes are ready to rinse and water wash white clothes, rinso and washable colors, Rinzl, Rinso bright safely wash af to wash. Use rinsol for spring cleaning jobs too. Prinso soapy rich SuDS fairly whisk the dirt off floras, woodwork and windows.
Speaker 1: Fair enough? Isn't that folks? And in me, well we go along with that idea. Just try Rinso. Good night, folks, good night.
Speaker 2: Both be sure to be with us next Friday evening at this same time, when the makers of Rindslow will again present the Amerson Andy Show. Say, have you ever heard of a man being forced to court his own wife after being married twenty years. Well, that's the strange predicament. The Kingfish is in next week, so be sure to listen in The Amerson Andy Show is broadcast to our fighting men all over the world through the facilities of the Armed Forces Radio Service. This is Harna Wilcox saying good night to all of you from all of us, and reminding you to turn your used fats and greases into red ration points. Your butcher will give you two red points plugs four cents in cash for every pound of wasist fat you bring him. So save every scrap of used kitchen fat and grease in a clean can, and when the can is full, take it to your butcher promptly for extra red points.
Speaker 1: Swan soap Swan soap. Swan is pure as fine caste. You'll see how smooth your hands will feel. Davy man for everything. Swan's a soap. It makes us sing. Swan is mild for baby, mild for you.
Speaker 2: Swan so Swan soap White floating Swan gives rich SuDS for dishes and light laundry.
Speaker 1: Swan soap, Swan soap. This is the National Broadcasting Company. Boo Oh