Speaker 1: So Kroger.
Speaker 2: Yes, wait, wait, I love Kroger Cogre.
Speaker 1: It is a great job.
Speaker 2: Don't get us in a meeting.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I love Kroger. Cogre does a great job. But this is the world we're living in.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I am been assigned in my family the person that has to go to the grocery to get whatever we need. So it's cute that we think will it's Saturday. It's tilly to go grocery shopping through the week.
Speaker 2: Hey, we better open up a lane.
Speaker 1: Wait listen, we I go three or four times a week. And John, when you have a baby, you're gonna be going every day of the week.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: So I don't need a big basket. I just need the hand basket or the little many pushy cart. No, I don't need that. I just need the hand basket. So yesterday I needed five things. I needed the hand basket. So the last couple of months, I'm like walking around and I'm like, they used to be right by the front of the door, right from the front door, and I go, where's the hand basket? So yesterday, if I had enough, So I was a male Karen and I was like, where are the hand baskets, yea, And they're like, we had to get rid of those, and I go for he goes, because they kept stealing them.
Speaker 2: Are you for what?
Speaker 1: Because people would just take them to their car and take them. And I said what, he goes, Yeah, we had we had to stop using them. If you go to Kroger on Hubbard's laying, you will not find a hand handbasket.
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you, I go with the one in playing view.
Speaker 1: They still have them.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't recall seeing them. I think they well because they used to be right there about the hand sanitizered little thing, you know, right, But I don't. I don't call seeing him for a while.
Speaker 1: I don't remember I get.
Speaker 2: The little small pushy cart though, yeah I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't remember thinking that Saint Matthew's Trinity Hills would be the place where baskets are stolen so much from Kroger that they actually had to stop putting them out. What.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing, though, Like, if they're so worried about them being stolen, what's the point, Like you might as well just leave them out right, because they're gonna be gone either way either the people take them or they're just not there in the first place.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Well again, I really use those a lot because sometime I go three or four times a week because I always get the orders, Hey go get this, so I have to go get it. I don't need the big basket. Man.
Speaker 2: I've avoid going to the grocery store on the weekends.
Speaker 1: There are times to go. You've got to time it out.
Speaker 2: I usually go after the show, in between appointments.
Speaker 1: That's a great time to go. And I never go Senior Day there's a great time to go. Uh and Kroger does a great job. I was just shocked. I was like, what is that where we are now society that we can't you can't have a hand basket at Kroger because they steal them? Whose day, criminals whoever? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, what are you gonna do with them?
Speaker 1: I guess you would.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a basket. It's pretty sturdy basket.
Speaker 2: I would keep on my yarn in it for when I go crocheting.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they just went that they kept putting them out until they were gone.
Speaker 2: That's what John was saying that what.
Speaker 1: You were saying, to figure out what you were thinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they keep them and then maybe people are just leaving them in their cars and forgetting to take them back.
Speaker 2: That's another thing.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: What you know, what you're supposed to do is just leave them at the counter, like you know, you.
Speaker 1: Put them back and you stack them by the checkout thing, right, Yeah, and then they move them over by the front door.
Speaker 2: There's no taking them to your car you need Why would you take your car.
Speaker 3: I've never used one of those things anyway. I just assume that's what people did. There's been times were forgotten to pay for produces because it doesn't look like the same as the regular stuff.
Speaker 2: Whoager, police man, because you know what, you're still they make my avocados more expensive to pay for the woods you stole man. Not cool, John, not cool.
Speaker 1: It's very unfortunately, well these days the price of vegetables might be a felony expensive.
Speaker 2: For Mava Coddalls are seventy seven cents apiece.
Speaker 1: I don't avocados.
Speaker 2: I gotta eat one a day from Manami makes me monomenal. She's gonna take my butt today.
Speaker 1: Mandy Connall's gonna join us today from Denver. She's gonna tell us how the Democrats have destroyed her city. Marty book from Earl Books. Carriage Forward is gonna come on sometime today. We haven't kneeled down the time, but at this point something we need to start asking. As a city. We keep getting broken up with. So it's like, what's wrong with us? Like, what's wrong with me? Like? What's wrong?
Speaker 2: I think maybe we snore?
Speaker 1: Louisville must snore, you know, because yesterday the University of Louisville president resigned out of nowhere. And she was a She wasn't on the job to or it was like two years even, but she was really good. Your your wife met her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife. My wife and her were at many events together and I had the opportunity to meet her. She she was a really good woman and really good at a job.
Speaker 1: It just seems like everybody breaks up with us human Paul.
Speaker 2: Did she get fired? Did she red? No?
Speaker 1: No, there was okay. So they interviewed the board member last night and she said, well, it was a mutual. We came to an agreement, and it really kind of insinuated that they were not on the same page. The board and the president weren't on the same page of the direction of the school. This is what I'm reading between the leaves here or tea leaves or whateveryon will say uh and that because we asked the same way. I kept looking for Paul. Paul Miles tweeted out last night that she had left, and I kept researching, like, why did she leave?
Speaker 2: I think there was Hey, let's just say it was mutual and we'll give you this compensation. Because here's why. I will tell you. She had a lot of common sense, which a lot of university presidents do not. So I could see somebody with common sense saying not working out. Well, listen, we need you know, we need a dormitory just for people who think they're cats. No, no, we don't know.
Speaker 1: There's cat litters of there. So she she's left. And then here's the Here's the thing that made it even more little, you know, very interesting, is that they replaced her permanently with some dude, like right away, not some dude. He was in the dentistry, he was ahead of the dentistry program, but they were. They replaced a permanent, permanent replacement at the same time. So I'm like, man, this seems rush. This seems rushed and quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So again, I don't know what's wrong with us in the city of Louisville, but people keep breaking up with us and we're just like what wait what And it's like, it's not it's not you, it's me, it's me.
Speaker 2: What don't be refreshing just for him to say, you know what, it's you. It is you, it's you.
Speaker 1: That's what people want to walk what here?
Speaker 2: Of course it's a clean break that.
Speaker 1: Way kind of weird. I hate the way you clean your teeth and the clicking in your jaw annoying. I gotta go.
Speaker 2: I've heard all your stories. Yeah, Hey, speaking of witch, do you think it'd be right for cup like to have I don't know, like a card, you know, And when a spouse starts telling the story that you've heard a hundred times, to not be rude or anything, but just hold the card up to her or him, because I'm sure she's heard all my stories too. But you know, once once they start telling a story, height you've repeated stories maybe a time or two. You know what I'm saying, Just hey, I've heard this one.
Speaker 1: First of all, you've thought about this too much that you're coming up with a game plan. Okay, but just do what other men do. Tune it out and listen for a keyword. Well, do the listen for a keyword that pops out. It's just like you're the CIA listening device of your wife.
Speaker 2: Well, it's all you hear is It's difficult for me because I'll say, uh huh at the right time is just keep the story of answering. But then I just started doing uh huh huh uh huh uh huh uh huh, And that's rude. But if I could just go have heard this and be honest, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think you should keep the cards to yourself.
Speaker 2: But she could do it to me. I'm saying, here, honey, here's a card for you, and it's laminated. So if we spilled chilly on it, we just gonna wipe it off.
Speaker 1: John, No one's gonna be surprised when Susan murders.
Speaker 2: That'd be problematic, and it will.
Speaker 1: It will look like an accident, it'll look like something else. He will won't look like she'll cry on command.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be really nice cards there. They're gonna be laminated like Mexican restaurants. Do you know you spill saucing? Oh, no big deal, Senior, They just wipe it off.
Speaker 1: Do you have an arch enemy? Because we're gonna make sure she gets hooked up with the arch enemy. So do that arch enemy is in the jacuzzi every night with her.
Speaker 2: You know it is who Tony Vanetti? That's my arch enemy. Hi, ladies, this is Tony Vannetti. Send me your self addressed staff envelope. We were watching your video over and over last night. Oh the dating Send your self addressed staff envelope if you want to go out on a date with me. I'm a just juckie.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety four. Tony Vannetti two minutes of it look like it's such a dork. Listen, John, it is hard at fifty six years old to see your mannerisms and the way you did things when you were twenty four.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm twenty seven, and I think back to things I did when I was fifteen.
Speaker 2: It's hard. It's hard I think back of them. It was hard to watch things I did this morning, and.
Speaker 1: People that knew me then were like, Oh, yeah, that was you, that was you dude. Nineteen ninety four. This show used to go on at seven o'clock at night pre internet, and it was after all the news ended, and at seven o'clock HS eleven had a show called Lowell Tonight. It was just basically an entertainment magazine type show and they started doing these dating videos. You want to do one? I say it was the old Most people missed the old WQF studios, like, oh, that's the old studios.
Speaker 2: The first thing I saw when you were peeking through the conference room. Then when you walk down the hallway where it had that gigantic prom picture of yeh.
Speaker 1: Prom brings back memory that old building.
Speaker 2: So I had. I had an appointment in dupap Professional Towers not too long ago, and I walked down the basement and it's now like a sleep clinic, you know, sleep happening.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's still there, The front desk exactly, the front desk is there with the glass. Used to have the Neon wqs in the front desk. It was a lot of Neon. Think of Splash, yeah in a w in a radio station.
Speaker 2: If Splash had sex with High five Bys and had a bastard baby, that's what our studio.
Speaker 1: John godlewebs. Go to the Facebook and watch it. It's got of like four thousand views. I didn't think people would watch it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But that room that you're talking about, the conference room where I go, Hey, no, the first shot that you know how many times I was yelled at in that room like scream, Oh yeah you did what, Tony.
Speaker 2: The conference room has many memories, but my greatest memory is when big guys sold w QMF as soon as they found out that they sewed the clear channel. Yeah, then the looting started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looting started.
Speaker 2: I remember those black blacker shelves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody started stealing.
Speaker 2: Those were in my house for years.
Speaker 1: I'll guarantee, guaranteed. Okay, So Kentucky teenagers can now apply for a driver's permit at fifteen. Apparently other states are at fifteen and Kentucky is at sixteen. Governor of Sheer Side House Bill fifteen into law Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I don't know where I'm at on this.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's here's my take.
Speaker 2: I just know what I was like at fifteen.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, dude, these kids are the problem. This is great, fine, you get a headstart on the on the driver thing. None of these kids want their license, man, really, they take forever to get their license. Why would you? Nowadays they're like, why would I want a license? You take me everywhere I need to go. They don't understand freedom and having a car and getting out of the house. They don't want the responsibility. There are a lot of kids that wait till they're seventeen eighteen years old to get their damn license. So this thing is great, super you want to get a jump start on it. But here's the thing that's the wrong generation you should have started with.
Speaker 2: If you ask me, life started going downhill. Like all of us, all we wanted was our driver's license. Yeah, wait to get about driver's freedom. Okay, wait to get about driver's license. But you asked me, that's when life started to go downhill. And here's what I mean. Me and all my friends we would ride bikes, dirt bikes, you know, and hang out and we'd oh where all the bikes at? We'd pull in that house, ruffians. As soon as we got our driver's license, everybody went their several ways, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So it was like a brand new chapter or something.
Speaker 1: Uh, it is true freedom. Let me tell you something that simply when you get your car taken away from you, or it's only being worked on you don't have a car, or let's say you're license suspended and you don't realize. You're like, oh, I'm going to run down and do what and you're no, I'm not going to run down and do something. Stuck at the house. It's freedom, my friend.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, freedom. I want to say that this happened probably two months ago. I was talking about how I used to armor all the Corinthian Vinyl seats that were in my seventy six Buick Regal, and I said I would take a left, and she was slided right into me. Yes. A listener by the name of Darren Lancaster said no, you mean right, and went, no, I mean left. I did an experiment with a tennis ball on my dashboard. He was right, I had to take a right.
Speaker 1: Physical You're a big dumb animal.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean what, I'm wrong too, So, Darren Lancaster, you were right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh okay, So we're going to do the joke of the day. We got plenty of lead stories that were breaking last night and continue to talk about that. Mandy Connall what times Mandy.
Speaker 2: Mandy Connor was at nine thirty. We have Jeff Callaway and Ethan Almighty coming in. We have Philip Perkins from Future of Fighting coming in seeing how you can see some ock the gun fighting.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, we'll talk to him.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: First of all, for you, joke of the day. Do work aholics real quick?
Speaker 2: Workaholics? Listen? Do you have that best friend where no matter what you say, they go, I got you. If you're a business owner, that best friend for you, it's workaholics. You're gonna love these guys in gals. Sure, they move offices from one office to another, but they also reconfigure your office if you want it. Maybe you want to redesign how the cubicles are, kind of shake it up, make it a brand new place. And I don't know, inspire some work for the workers there. Workaholics. Does they move furniture if you're if you're out of square footage and you need warehouse storage, they got you covered there too, seventy two thousand feet of square footage in a secure warehouse. You're gonna love workaholics. They'll paint, they'll do whatever you need for your business. They're your business's best friend, large enough to quote any job, but still small enough to care check out workaholics. Make them your new best friend.
Speaker 1: Jukeda ju Dwight Flinton.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, hey, fellas h Yesterday was Wednesday. So I had my appointment with my therapist, doctor Street Russell. Oh, poor guy, Yeah, I know, por yes, he always has a shower one. Absolutely I walked in, I said, doctor Russell. Doctor Russell, I feel like I'm a pair of curtains. He goes curtains. Come on, Dwight, pull yourself together, because that was curtains. That's pretty good. I was curtains. Johnny, you pull curtains.
Speaker 1: That's your joke of the day. March twenty seventh, twenty twenty five. Back after this on news radio eight forty w.
Speaker 4: H as.
Speaker 2: Listen to a lot of petty Lately listen to there was a live album. Dude, dude, do you gonna put me out of the job?
Speaker 1: This weekend's gonna be Cray Cray in Indianapolis. Craig Craig, Your kids still say Craig Cray.
Speaker 2: No, they don't. People with people with said never said Craig Craig.
Speaker 1: By the way, Matty mccarkoy's going to join us today.
Speaker 2: Matte mcarko went up the hill, Madde mccarkyll.
Speaker 1: She is going to We're gonna give her. We're gonna tell her what the emoji means or what the emoji is, and she's gonna tell us what it means because we're old people. You saw this right, yes, and some of it's really evil, know corn cob stop, stop it filthy. So she's got it, she'll she'll explain it to us, because we're old and she is not.
Speaker 2: I always send my mother an eggplant to remind her eat your vegetable.
Speaker 1: Good, Mom, it's good.
Speaker 2: I didn't put a doughnut next to it, did you.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I was just say, hey, mom, when's the last time you had one of these? That an eggplant? And you go, you know what, when is the last time I ate egg plant? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this, John. On this list, there's some things that are really really mean, like they're there. So if you put something certainly mean, it's it's what it is is. Telling that person is an inceell right, which is a huge that's a that's a it's a cutdown as in they're you know, an in cell means in celt involuntary celibate. Oh, they blame women for them being celibate.
Speaker 2: They're that was a terror thing an insell.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: So there's some mean stuff on this, and some of it's fun, but some of it, like there's there's a symbol for doing cocaine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was like, what what do you mean kids do cocaine?
Speaker 1: What? Uh So we'll do that with Maddie McCart cough. Maddie mcconough has come on our show. Uh plus Mandy here in about ten Mandy Coddle from Donver col Road. Some of those are filthy, yes, some of them are very very filthy. You know it's not filthy is Eedland and Edland or your house is. Can't you filthy what you sell it?
Speaker 2: Or it can't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. Eland and Eland's going to sell your house for one percent commission rate five eight hundred five nine nine twenty eight hundred. Nonegoes well. They've done this for seven years, over one half of all the one percent sales last year in real estate where Eland and Eland they know what they're doing. And Edland looked for the yard signs well, the guy down the street I told you put an Eland and Eland sign in their yard. House is sold in four days. It's ridiculous. So elind and Eedland five nine twenty eight hundred, or go to Eland dot com. We're gonna take a short break.
Speaker 2: We come back.
Speaker 1: We got some news, and then Mandy Connall's going to explain what's going on in Denver. She used to do this show here on has and of course she has a unique view on things in Denver. I don't think she's very happy what's going on in Denver. So they ruined her city. We fired her for stealing office supplies. That's true, that's true. We're not supposed to say that. Oh, there was a non disclosure.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I take that back.
Speaker 1: No News Radio forty w h S.
Speaker 2: There's only one Mandy in my eyes, and that's the great Mandy Connell. Mandy Connell, how are you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm better now that you played Barry Manilo's first thing in the morning. How are you two guys doing?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Listen? I know you probably burned out on that song, but it's a beautiful song and we miss you. So I wanted to come out with that listen. I was thinking on the way in. We were texting earlier this week, you and I and Tony, and I said, I said, hey, what about nine third? So wait a minute, that's about six thirty your time. You go, ah, that's okay, I'm up. Are you? What time do you get up for your show?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: Dude? I have an early riser. Really.
Speaker 5: Since I did a morning I am since I did a morning show, I've been an early riser. Like, I wake up by six every single day, including Saturday and Sunday. And some days, I mean some days I wake up at five fifteen, and and it's stupid to sleep until the alarm clock goes off at six, so I just get out of bed and I go. So I'm a morning person. But then I'm also and I'm not exaggerating when I say, and I'm not elderly, Okay, I'm not elderly yet. I'm very close to being elderly, but not there yet. I am easily in bed in my chair at eight thirty pretty much every night like an old person, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: No, listen, Susan, and I think it's past nine o'clock. I'll look at her. I go, who the hell do you think I am Paris Hilton. Come on, let's go.
Speaker 4: No, I've just gotten I.
Speaker 5: Just got a word that a friend of mine is opening for a bunch of bands at Red Rocks and it's on a Sunday night. And I was like, god, it really liked the COVID it's Sunday night. I found out it starts at twelve thirty in the afternoon. I'm like me up, I am there. I cannot wait for this day.
Speaker 4: What they ever?
Speaker 2: One last story and then we'll get to it, because I had a similar story. And you know, I got friends with a lot of musicians and they say, hey, come out and see his playing. But yeah, what time you go on? They say nine? I'm like no. When we went to the when we went to the Barry Manilow concert, I saw Officer John Keeling, a friend of mine, and he goes, I'm sorry, I'm back. We started, Well, where you fine? And I said, uh. He goes he said, you're running for a great nine. I said, why do you say that. He goes, Berry's off at nine. I went, well, yeah, all the yeah. I said, well, yeah, all the artists go on stage at nine. He goes, No, no, no, you don't understand what I'm saying. The concert is going to end at nine greatest concert I've ever been to, just because of the team. Oh, Mandy, how are you?
Speaker 1: Everything good?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry?
Speaker 5: I was outside talking to everything is Everything is so good that if I complained I would be a real jerk. You know what I'm saying, Like, I have nothing to complain about. That's not a world problem, that isn't isn't a big deal, and life is very good. My now fifteen year old dog, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Can you even believe that?
Speaker 1: What scares you the most? And again, these are different generations, but what you were doing at fifteen, Mandy Connell, I let.
Speaker 5: Me just say this, I am shocked and appalled at the lack of rebelliousness of the generation is they're not trying to get away with them. They're basically like, let me just stay in my room and text my friends and then yeah, we're gonna go. We're gonna go first storing at Goodwill. Like nobody's sneaking out of my mouth in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: I'm disappointed.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie like I'm ready for all of it, because whatever she's thinking whatever they could think, I've already done it, right, So I'm like, I'm ready challenge me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we have the same philosophy. I just said, Look, I'm gonna we're gonna trust you until you give us a reason not to trust you. And they never did.
Speaker 2: Anything for us not to trust my damn it. I know, man, good, Yeah, I know many con I have to ask you. I want to talk about the conditions you're out there with in Colorado. Are you remorseful about legalization of marijuana? Do you wish you would have just been instead of a Do you wish you would have just been medical only instead of recreational or what?
Speaker 4: All of that?
Speaker 5: All of that happened, you know, be right before I got here. So they passed what they call AMENDUD sixty four that legalized marijuana and made it recreational, all that stuff. My issue with the way that this has been done is my issue with a lot of government as I get more cynical and less trusting as I get older, is they lied about what they were going to.
Speaker 1: Do, right.
Speaker 5: They lied about the fact they would aggressively go after the black market. They lied about going after the black market selling the kids. They lied about all of the law enforcement things that this was supposed free up right, We were told, hey, you know what, we won't have to enforce POT anymore. Now we can go after real crime. But that has simply not happened, and it's not happened, not just because they didn't want it to happen. In Colorado during the twenty twenty laughably called Summer of Love, they really went after the cops here. They went after the cops in Aurora. So we're now working with understaffed police departments, which a lot of cities are. So crime has absolutely skyrocketed. And I will say this, our downtown it's better now because our current mayor has spent a gazillion dollars basically buying old hotels and creating homeless hotels, which you're honestly like, I mean, they're like the Hotel California, right. You check in, you never check out, there's no sobriety requirements, there's none of that. But that being said, you can log you can go to downtown Denver right now and you can see someone who is on such hard drugs that I don't know what drug this is. They can't even stand up straight. They walk around bent in half.
Speaker 1: Still wrapped out on drug.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's terrible. And we recently had two people stabbed to death on our kind of our fourth Street. You know, you have Fourth Street live, we have the sixteenth Street mall, and we had two people stabbed to death in the middle of the afternoon. And and our mayor, who basically like Okie from from Mayberry is our mayor. He looks like Opie Or. He looks like the star of the Lego movie, you know where he just walks around going everything is on them, like he literally said, he literally said, these stabbings are exceedingly rare.
Speaker 4: And well, if they're study were rare, we won't worry about it.
Speaker 5: What am I doing? So in all want to see you know, I try not to be like the Democrats. It's all their fault. But in this case in Colorado, what has happened here since we got here has been one hundred percent of Democrats fault because they keep passing laws to make crime easier and make it pay, and then they keep passing more laws. They just passed what I think is going to be found a clearly unconstitutional bill that outlaws any firearm with a detachable magazine unless unless, oh yeah, unless you take an approved course by your sheriff, and your sheriff decides.
Speaker 4: That you can own that firearm.
Speaker 5: Wow, I mean it's oh yeah, it's all about lawbiding citizen.
Speaker 4: The next revolver about the criminals.
Speaker 2: All they're doing is phasing out because I guarantee you the next step is going to be revolvers.
Speaker 5: Well, well, you know they're not going to stop until they disarm every Google gun owner at the same time that they are making it easier to commit crimes. It's absolutely insane. I don't understand how they don't do the connection.
Speaker 4: But they don't, well, they really don't.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this on the drive in today because you know, my image of what I was gonna do is gonna have kids. I was gonna be on a grandparent. I will live in the house that we really used my kids in and the town will be the same and uh and and I didn't realize until I got older that how how lowical officials, mayors, aldermen, metro council members can destroy a city.
Speaker 4: And the very easily quickly, yeah, very quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was lost on me, Like well, okay, they make a couple of wrong decisions, but you know, the police are going to police, the judges are going to be judges. Well, no, they changed the rules. The police became the enemy, and incarceration became the problem. Well, you know what the problem is. It's the incarceration problem. Because that's the only way I could figure it out. I was like, why aren't they locking these people up? This is crazy, and because I think the philosophy was well, putting them in jail was the problem.
Speaker 4: What what? What?
Speaker 5: They the Colorado legislature on a party line vote. All the Democrats voted for it, all the Republicans voted against. It reduced the penalty for possessing up to four grams of sentinel.
Speaker 4: Four hundred people can kill. Oh, that can kill thousands of people.
Speaker 5: So our drug deaths, our drug overdoses in Colorado have remained flat while they have fallen in the rest of the country. In the last two weeks, we have had ten what they just euphimistically call outdoor death investigation that means the homeless person overdose and died when they say outdoor death. And we've had ten in two weeks, and nobody is sounding the alarm, saying, obviously we've got a bad batch of drugs here. And don't get me wrong, I am so anti enabling drug addiction because it is a disaster. But that's their response is to just pretend it's not happening, because I honestly believe this, like in their mind they've solved the problem of ten homeless people because now that they don't have to worry about him anymore, they're gone, they're dead.
Speaker 2: It's fine, Mandy, Mandy Connell's our guest. I got to ask you about your judges, because we have the absolute worst judges in the universe here in Louis, Kentucky, to the point where one of these dumb ass judges actually called someone's mother in court and said, do you think I should lock your son up? Or shall let him go? What do you think? The mom said? What do you think? The mom said, Mandy, let go?
Speaker 5: And then but what he got her for.
Speaker 4: Christmas last year and good gifts?
Speaker 5: You let him out?
Speaker 2: And this stupid ass judge led a violent criminal back out on the streets because she called the person's mother. Unbelievable. What are the judges like in Colorado say the same stupid ass judges.
Speaker 5: I'd love to tell you they're different, but we have a I mean, we have a bigger problem that we have a bunch of district attorneys who have decided just not to prosecute. We also have eliminated cash bail, so for anything other than the most violent crimes, you get out on a PR bond. So what happens for the cops. This is the most demoralizing thing ever for cops. They go and arrest someone who has stolen a car. And let's be real, people steal cars for two reasons. They're going to joy ride for a few minutes, or they're going to commit another crime. That's why they steal cars. Yet, so they steal a car, they bring them in before the cops finish the paperwork, they're back out the door.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So what's the point if you're a police officer, what's the point? Why do you even do your job? And then they don't get proseco. They also made stealing a car under two thousand dollars a misdemeanor, So you can steal a car that costs less than two thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Quo drives a car that.
Speaker 5: Costs less than two thousand dollars pill are people who can't afford to replace it, right, they don't have full coverage on a two thousand dollars car. It's just it is such a dumpster fire. And Chuck and I are planning our escape. I'm not gonna lie. We're not going to be able to afford to retire here. Our inflation in Colorado is the highest in the country, in the country.
Speaker 4: And here's the kicker.
Speaker 5: First of all, I tell people all the time, Louisville, Kentucky has the best food scene of any city I have ever been in, and I stand by that, and they're always shocked.
Speaker 4: When I say it.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, I'm telling you, you can go to a restaurant. You can go to a high dollar restaurant or a cheap restaurant, and it's all going to be great.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 5: Our restaurant inflation is so high. But when you go, like, you know what it costs to go to a high end steakhouse, right, you're talking like a fifty fifty sixty dollars steak. That fifty sixty dollars steak is eighty five ninety dollars and everybody thinks it's normal. Yeah, they think it's normal. Yeah, and I just it's super frustrating.
Speaker 1: And you're you're closer to cattle there, You're closer to cattle there. But this is here's what people are interested in, right, So you we could we're telling the same stories over and over again. Luckily, we got a mayor in here that is working with Republicans and giving cops some juice back so they can go go clear out the streets and he's doing a pretty good job of that and moving the homeless camps around pretty good. But I think they're interested in what you just said, that you and your husband are raising your daughter in Denver. You all moved there because remember you were in love with Tony and Dwight so much. You said, I can't leave Louisville. It's going to affect your mind. That was the only reason I would leave Tony and Dwight is for Denver. And then sure enough, yeah, Pop, that's when the job opened. So now you've been there, you've raised your daughter, and now you're saying exit plan. And I think people are interested in that that the days of well, we're just going to do this forever are over.
Speaker 5: Well, I do think, and it's a cautionary tale, right, and unfortunately here the Colorado Republican Party is such a dumpster fire that I left it after they elected their current leadership. I'm currently a registered independent way if I didn't want to be associated with the people that are currently running the party, who are absolutely the biggest idiots that can't read the room. They don't understand that Colorado has changed dramatically, and they're just they're saying the wrong things and sending the wrong message in a state that is so blue now, we are so blue that you can't run a hard right person in this state and get elected.
Speaker 4: And they haven't.
Speaker 5: They haven't gotten elected. I mean, it's just been really, really bad. So I want to issue this morning to your listeners in Louisville, like point you thought it wasn't going to be that bad, like oh, we can write, No, you can't, because what happens is you get a city like Denver. I believe Denver is and what's called the death spiral right now, because our vacancies in downtown Denver are still over thirty percent in the huge number. Then we have the crime and the homelessness. So now people won't go to Denver because their cars get stolen, or their cars get their windows smashed, and everything gets stolen out of it. I mean, our crime rates are on par with every other major city that you might think of, and our murder rate is higher than San Francisco's, and we think about that for a second. I just learned that fat last week. And it's all because of the policies that were adopted at the state and local level with no regard to people and keeping them safe, and really over correcting on this notion that somehow criminals are just there because they got caught in a bad choice situation. If we just let them out, they'll make better choices.
Speaker 4: Which is stupid and wrong.
Speaker 2: I do want to say that this segment. This segment is brought to you by the Colorado Board of Tourism.
Speaker 4: That's a great place to visit because you just go to the mountains exactly.
Speaker 2: We miss your man, We miss you do.
Speaker 1: And well, by the way, are you so a couple of years before you go somewhere else, are you already vetting towns or cities?
Speaker 5: Well, I've got you know. My oldest two sons now live in the Dayton, Ohio area, and I have two grandsons. So we're kind of missing our grandsons. So we're about to buy a property here. Oh, on another call, I'll tell you what they've done two landlords in Denver that has made it so miserable to own a rental problem.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear it, want fresh layers of hell.
Speaker 5: But we're going to buy a place in that area.
Speaker 1: Youre the kids, And that's a great town that was there a couple of months.
Speaker 4: Ago, a surprising town.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's bigger than.
Speaker 4: You say, like Louisville.
Speaker 1: It's bigger than you say louis exactly. Executive's direct.
Speaker 5: One more quick thing if people want to see how I've aged, I've got a new project with my friend Deborah Flora, who is awesome and amazing, and that is on YouTube and people can find it at the Independence Institute's channel, or they can follow my social media on Facebook at Mandy Connell and they can see all of the posts. It is a showgate towards women where we talk about issues, but then we also talk about dumb stuff like incredibly expensive handbags. Right, Tony, what's the most you've spent on your wife's for a handbag? Are you a handbag shopper to this.
Speaker 2: I like to make my wife's handbags for her, and I thank you.
Speaker 1: I think six hundred yet, Guys.
Speaker 5: Our first segment, I talked to my friend Joey, who is a high end handbag broker. He just sold one for two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the hell I'm Joey. You would have bout his handbagy?
Speaker 1: Okay, so how do they find it? Shall they go at Mandy Connall? How do they find this YouTube channel?
Speaker 5: There's a we're working with a free market policy thing tank here called the Independence Institute.
Speaker 4: Okay, go to YouTube google.
Speaker 5: Independence Institute, look for the Mandy and deb Show.
Speaker 4: It's there.
Speaker 5: The first episode just posted, and we're going to be doing it every other week going forward. It's going to be issues and nonsense.
Speaker 1: Awesome show, awesome many many.
Speaker 4: Love you, Love you guys, miss here so much.
Speaker 2: We'll buy Southern cover. Hotub Baby. Yeah, it was hot Tub Happy Hour last night around seven o'clock. Plenty of Number one the Kila, plenty of sax and music, and a disappointed spouse. But listen if you want to escape the world. In twenty twenty five, you got a vacation right there in your own backyard. That's right. Hot tubs as low listen to this sixty five bucks a month, as low as sixty five bucks a month, one hundred or one hundred and fifty tubs to choose from, and listen to this immediate delivery. You can't get that with other places. We use twelve months, same as cash and and made it a breeze. We love our Southern covered hot tub. You're gonna love yours. Two seventy five on one Preston Highway. Tell them we said Hi. Stick around more on the way, including Ethan Almighty on news radio eight forty whas