Speaker 1: Now listen to Father Knows Best Transcribe, starring Robert Young has Father Welcome to Springfield and another half hour visit with the folks in the white frame house on Maple Street. Sit back and enjoy life with the Andersons Kathy, Bud, Betty, Margaret and Jim as the head of this typical American household again sets out to prove that Father knows Best. We'll join the Andersons in just a moment. You've probably heard it said that the Series E United States Savings Bond has been improved. You probably know that it pays back more money in less time than ever before. Now I'd like to tell you how that these improvements benefit you. Say you buy a thousand dollars bond, actually you know you only pay seven hundred fifty dollars for it. Formally that bond would mature in ten years, But now the improved Series E bond matures in nine years and eight months, and it pays you four dollars for every three dollars you invest. Also, you can hold the improved Series E Savings Bond beyond maturity and earn even further interest three percent interest compounded semiannually for as long as ten additional years. At that time, your original investment of seven hundred fifty dollars is worth well over thirteen hundred dollars. That's an eighty percent return on your original investment. You'll feel more secure tomorrow if you buy Improve Series E savings bonds. Today, they say curiosity once killed a cat, a fate that's both proper and fitted. So why not give thanks for the good fortune that let you pry yet not die like a kitten. The point we're trying to make is that curiosity is not confined to cats. It's a human frailty as well. And when it comes to frailties, well, we doubt that you'll find anyone quite as human or frail as our dear friends in Springfield and Anderson's like this, Margaret, May I say that, in my long years as a lover of good red beef, never has a more succulent morsel passed my lips.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, dear what he said.
Speaker 3: He liked the.
Speaker 1: Roast beef all and now, as a fitting climax to an unforgettable repast, may I be favored with that delicious Napoleon.
Speaker 4: Of course, dear God, he wants his dessert all there you are.
Speaker 1: Thank you from the bottom of a happy and carefree heart. I say, thank you.
Speaker 4: What's the matter with him?
Speaker 3: He sold a big policy in this afternoon?
Speaker 5: Oh Robert Wagner?
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 3: Dear?
Speaker 4: Janey said it was Robert Wagner as.
Speaker 1: If she knew, realizing full well, and I ought to have my brains examined. Still, I asked, what about Robert Wagner.
Speaker 5: There isn't any reason at all for thinking that's who she meant?
Speaker 1: Who? Who meant?
Speaker 4: Luella Parsons?
Speaker 2: Betty just a moment, dear.
Speaker 1: These things must be approached delicately. We've got to sneak up on them or they fly away. Tell me, Betty, how's everything down around the gas works?
Speaker 5: Father Janie Leggett said that Luella Parsons meant Robert Wagner in her column, and it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 4: He never even goes to places like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you are, Margaret. You see everything's all cleared up.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: May I have the cream and sugar? Please?
Speaker 3: Here you are?
Speaker 1: Dad?
Speaker 4: Thank you, all right, Kathy, Now, let's not dawdle.
Speaker 2: Mommy and Daddy are in a hurry.
Speaker 5: Yes, mommy, Oh, Why do they do things like that? Like what, dear put things like that in the paper?
Speaker 1: Well? I tried it once and it didn't hurt much, all right, Benny? What do they put in the paper things like this?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 4: I cut it out, m what.
Speaker 1: Young and handsome star was seen leaving? What sunset stripped nightclub? With? What blonde young starlet?
Speaker 4: Isn't that exasperating?
Speaker 1: Is that the whole thing?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: And Jane has the nerve to say it's Robert Wagner.
Speaker 4: She does, She certainly does. Isn't that stupid?
Speaker 1: It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Why anyone with half an eye can see they mean Lassie.
Speaker 2: Father?
Speaker 1: Well look at it, blonde young Oh you mean the boy father.
Speaker 4: It isn't funny.
Speaker 1: No, no, And I.
Speaker 4: Don't think you have any right.
Speaker 6: To laugh at me.
Speaker 2: Your father wasn't laughing at you.
Speaker 4: He certainly was.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, do you mean you're going to let a little thing like this upset you?
Speaker 4: It isn't a little thing. How would you feel if you didn't know who it was?
Speaker 1: I think I'd pull through somehow.
Speaker 4: At least they ought to give you a hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a minute, Bud, Betty. Let's say you do figure out who they mean, then what Well, then I'll know. You know what they say about curiosity that killed a cat, and this whole thing is nothing but a silly attempt to satisfy your morbid curiosity.
Speaker 4: I have to know things, don't.
Speaker 1: I not things like who came out of where?
Speaker 3: With?
Speaker 1: What? That's being curious about the most meaningless sort of trivia?
Speaker 6: What's trivia?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't care if it were something important, But how can you sit there and make yourself miserable about something that doesn't amount to a row of beans in the first place? Goaty, what is it? Kathy?
Speaker 6: What's trivia?
Speaker 1: Trivia? Things that are trivial, they're unimportant? Why because they don't amount to anything? Like this whole conversation had a.
Speaker 3: Boy, dad, Bud.
Speaker 5: I was agreeing with him, Barley Granger. I'll bet that's who.
Speaker 1: It was, Betty.
Speaker 4: He's young and goes out, Betty.
Speaker 1: Yes, father, I don't care if it's Groucho Marx on a white horse, forget about it.
Speaker 4: But I only I said forget.
Speaker 1: About it, jumping creeper. And I don't want any trouble with you either, But.
Speaker 7: I have to ask you something, Jim, I don't think you're being very nice.
Speaker 1: Nice? How can anybody be nice when he's being smothered in quiz kids.
Speaker 4: Just because the children ask a few innocent questions.
Speaker 1: If they don't do anything but ask questions from the time they get up in the morning until they go to bed at night. Who's on first? What's on? Which? It's enough to make a man commit horror? Kirie?
Speaker 6: What's horror?
Speaker 2: Kirie?
Speaker 1: Now? Look, Kathy, leave.
Speaker 2: Your father alone, dear. He's in one of those moods.
Speaker 1: One of what moods. I was in a wonderful move, wasn't i, bud Well? I was so full of roast beef. I loved everybody in the whole world. The milk of human kindness was practically oozing out of me, wasn't it? But won an encyclopedia with ears?
Speaker 3: You bet dad?
Speaker 1: What what you said? Yes, Sir.
Speaker 4: Rock Hudson, That's.
Speaker 1: Who it was, Margaret. I think I'll go for a walk, a long walk, all.
Speaker 7: Right, dear, And if you happen to pass the leggots, be sure to drop in the leggots. We're going to their party, remember.
Speaker 1: Ooh, say, we'd better hurry up.
Speaker 6: You didn't tell me what Harraciley was.
Speaker 1: You mean harry carry she means harakiri? She does, she certainly does. Daddy, Yes, Kathy, what is it? Margaret? Do all children ask as many questions ours? How do you stand it? Oh?
Speaker 2: Mothers have a system.
Speaker 7: When they reach a point just one degree short of hysterics, they go shopping.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose that's as good an excuse as any.
Speaker 2: Jim, I'm so glad you mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Mentioned what shopping? I mentioned shopping.
Speaker 7: You will never guess who I met downtown this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Robert Wagner. No, Thellella Parsons, Jim, am I close.
Speaker 7: Do you remember the two boys who had the cabin next to ours at.
Speaker 2: Round Lake two summers ago? Yes, I met the tall one.
Speaker 1: You did, Uh huh? What's he doing in Springfield?
Speaker 2: Well? He said that. The other one.
Speaker 4: Oh, what was his name?
Speaker 1: Freddy something?
Speaker 4: No, No, No, it wasn't Freddy.
Speaker 1: Well, something like Freddie.
Speaker 2: Well, it isn't important Eddie. No anyway, Wait.
Speaker 1: A minute, Margaret, I've got the name on the tip of my tongue. Oh, remy, I know his name as well as I know my own. Eddie, Teddy Betty Margaret.
Speaker 7: Please, Oh Betty, you remember the two boys who had the cabin next to ours? I do.
Speaker 1: Are you sure it wasn't Freddy?
Speaker 2: Yes, dear, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I can see him just as plain, sort of chunky with dark hair, Hector Smith, and I ran into him during the World Series in Cleveland that year.
Speaker 2: That's the one who was pitching.
Speaker 3: But well, I just wanted to know.
Speaker 1: You see, that's what I mean by curiosity. Well I'm trying to figure out something vitally important. Hah, what was that?
Speaker 4: Why is it important for you and not for us?
Speaker 1: Because you don't even remember the man? What name Freddy?
Speaker 2: His name wasn't Freddy, dear?
Speaker 1: Well it was something like Freddy?
Speaker 3: Was it Bobby Feller? No, he pitched the first game?
Speaker 2: Now, look he was Roy Rogers?
Speaker 4: Who was I don't know?
Speaker 1: Why is it that anytime I try to Bernie, wasn't it Bernie?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Bernie Serniejernie only.
Speaker 3: Gave up two hits in the whole game, but please.
Speaker 1: Lost anyway. Now, look, Bud Jim, it isn't that important. It certainly is. I was just about to say the name, and he drove a cleare out of my mind with that ridiculous prattle about a silly baseball game.
Speaker 3: Silly, but that was one of the finest games they ever had in a World series. Only six hits in the whole.
Speaker 1: Game, Leernie Murnie, Ernie, Jim.
Speaker 3: Would you like to give up two hits and then lose the game one to nothing?
Speaker 1: But will you please stop and let me think?
Speaker 2: Jim, we've got to get ready to go.
Speaker 1: Where to the.
Speaker 4: Legas or would you rather stay home?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, you don't worry about me. I'll be ready to leave any time you are, because.
Speaker 3: A thing like that happened to me. I shoot myself.
Speaker 1: If you keep this up, you won't have to.
Speaker 4: When I want to know something, it's morbid curiosity. But when he Betty, I think you'd better start clearing the table.
Speaker 1: But father said, Kenny, that was it all right?
Speaker 3: Betty?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't Kenny, Kenny.
Speaker 4: No chumping creepers?
Speaker 2: No? Was he a south fall?
Speaker 1: Who the picture? But for the last time, cow Pak, isn't this awful? I can see him as though he were standing right in front of me.
Speaker 3: He's left handed.
Speaker 1: Who is a softball? You said anything about a softball?
Speaker 3: Kathy did.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't. I asked what it was.
Speaker 3: Well, I told you a soft boys left handed.
Speaker 7: Why, Margaret, I'm going upstairs and comb my hair.
Speaker 4: Hector, he'll know, Jim, you're not going to call Hector?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Did lonely take me a minute?
Speaker 4: Curiosity killed a cat, Betty?
Speaker 1: Please, curiosity has nothing to do with it. I just feel like calling Hector, that's all. Why. Because he's one of my best friends, That's why.
Speaker 2: But dear, you're going to see him in the morning.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to find out about my hammer. That's what I want to find out. He borrowed it last week. He brought it back yesterday. Nobody asked you.
Speaker 3: Was just talking.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I've got it. Yeah, I've got it, Margaret. It was Ernie Franklin.
Speaker 4: Of course, Ernie Franklin.
Speaker 2: Well, thank goodness for that.
Speaker 1: You see, I knew if you just leave me alone for a minute. What did he have to say? Who Ernie Franklin.
Speaker 2: I didn't meet Ernie Franklin.
Speaker 1: You most certainly did. You said you met him downtown today while you were shopping.
Speaker 7: No, dear, don't you remember I told you I met the other boy?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, Well, when it comes to names, Father can't boast of the world's best memory. But when it comes to the really important things, Father always remembers that having your fortune told can be a lot of fun, especially if wonderful things are predicted for your future. But what a pity, there's no guarantee they'll come true. Now, I can make a prediction about your financial future that will come true. I predict that you're going to get extra dollars to spend in less than ten years just by investing today in United States savings bonds. That prediction is absolutely guaranteed because for every three dollars you put in, you'll get back four dollars when your savings bonds mature. And I can predict even more money in your future because when you hold your savings bonds beyond maturity, you'll earn still further interests. The improved rate of three percent interest compounded semiannually continues for as long as ten years beyond the maturity date of your bonds. Finally, I predict you'll feel more secure tomorrow if you buy United States savings bonds to day. Why don't you? I guarantee every prediction I've made for you will come true, it's after midnight in Springfield, and but one small light blinks its cheer from the white frame house on Maple Street. That's in the master bedroom, where the master, if we may speak loosely, is still giving his problem the old college tribe like.
Speaker 8: This, Bill Stewart, Phil Stewarts, Bill Phillips, Phil Phillips, Jim, Jim Phillips.
Speaker 7: Jim, what you realize? Of course, the leggos will probably never speak.
Speaker 2: To us again.
Speaker 1: Why I didn't do anything to them?
Speaker 7: Sat in the corner and mumble to yourself all night. Well, I wasn't hurting anybody, and every five minutes you ran to the telephone.
Speaker 1: I was only trying to get hector. You know that he certainly picked a fine evening to go out.
Speaker 2: So did we. Jim, where are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call Heck, that's where I'm going, But you can't.
Speaker 2: It's two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back, Honey. You call a doctor two o'clock in the morning. Why can't you call a friend? Friend? Fine friend he turned out to be introduces you to people, then you can't remember their names. Ruins are perfectly good evening. Just because he hasn't got sense enough to stay home when you need Now, what happened to the light switch? H every time you want a darn thing at someplace else? Anyway, two o'clock isn't so late. Lots of people stay up until two o'clock. Probably isn't even in bed yet, I hope. Oh. Hello, heck, hello, heck, this is Jim Anderson. Isn't here? No, heck, this is Jim. Did I wake you up? Who is? It's Jim? Jim Anderson? Jim? What's the matter?
Speaker 3: Heck?
Speaker 1: Do you remember those two friends of yours who had the cottage next to us at Round Lake? I suppose though? What were their names? Who those friends of yours who had the cottage next to ours? What about him? Margaret met the tall one downtown this morning and we can't remember his name.
Speaker 8: I don't know, Elizabeth, it's Holly jumping catfish.
Speaker 1: What's the matter. It's after two o'clock, I know. Heck, but look it began with a B. And if you'll just tell me to say you woke me up at two o'clock in the morning to ask me a guy's name in a minute, honey, heck, I know it sounds crazy crazy, you're nuts. Heck, you've got to help me. It's driving me out of my mind o'clock in the morning. Heck, listen to me a minute. Eh hello, heck, well that's fine, just fine.
Speaker 2: What did hector say, dear?
Speaker 3: He hung up on me?
Speaker 1: No, just hung up.
Speaker 7: Well we might as well face it calling people at two o'clock in the morning. Isn't it exactly the way to endear yourself to your fellow man.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the way he feels about it. Just wait until he wants something.
Speaker 2: Now, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what they say, when all the world's again you and you haven't got a friend, There's only one thing you can do to bring a happy end. Go make yourself a sandwich.
Speaker 2: Who said that?
Speaker 3: I did, Jim?
Speaker 2: If you eat anything now, you'll be up all night.
Speaker 1: I'll be up all night anyway. What's in the icebox?
Speaker 2: Oh, the usual thing.
Speaker 7: Six pairs of roller skates, twelve pairs of galoshes.
Speaker 1: Very funny, you're so cute.
Speaker 2: Well, what do we generally have in the ice box?
Speaker 1: Ice? Well, what do you know?
Speaker 3: Food?
Speaker 1: Let's see now, cold ham?
Speaker 2: Jim, will you please leave out alone? But I just want to that's tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Nice dinner. Now, just sit down and I'll fix the sandwich for you.
Speaker 1: What kind?
Speaker 2: I'll think of something? Here we are?
Speaker 7: How about a nice melted cheese, the kind we used to make up at the lake? Oh, Margaret, why Jim you've always liked melted cheese.
Speaker 1: That isn't what I mean? Why did you have to mention the lake? What I'd almost forgotten about the name? And now well, now you started it all over again.
Speaker 4: All I said was that I'd make a melted cheese sandwich.
Speaker 3: Did somebody call me?
Speaker 1: Well? It is the boy with a build in tapeworm?
Speaker 2: Why aren't you in bed?
Speaker 3: I heard somebody open the eyes box?
Speaker 1: You know, Margaret, I think he must be part bloodhound.
Speaker 7: Bud Anderson, you go right back to bed where you belong.
Speaker 3: Can I even have one samwar?
Speaker 2: Not even half a sandwich?
Speaker 1: You march right up, and let's not be hasty about this. After all, he's a growing boy and he hasn't had anything to eat since seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: Uh, eleven o'clock. What this is my second trip?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bud? You heard your mother up to bed.
Speaker 3: But I hardly ate anything last time and I'm a growing boy.
Speaker 1: I said up to bed mother.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, we're in the kitchen, Betty, say.
Speaker 1: I wonder if ed Davis did remember he was up at the lake that summer.
Speaker 2: And Jim, don't you dare call it Davis?
Speaker 1: But if he knows the name?
Speaker 3: You just thought of the name yet?
Speaker 1: Never mind?
Speaker 3: But I thought of the pitcher.
Speaker 1: Fine, you saw the second game, but it was bob Lemonry.
Speaker 4: Noises in the kitchen. Why don't we call it?
Speaker 1: Oh hello, Betty, pull up a chair.
Speaker 3: No wonder, there's never anything in the ice box. Nobody ever goes to sleep.
Speaker 4: What's going on down here? Nothing is going on down here. We're all going right.
Speaker 2: Back to bed.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Margaret, as long as we're up, we might as well have a sandwich or something.
Speaker 2: Jim Anderson, how do you weaken?
Speaker 1: I don't seem to understand I'm hungry.
Speaker 4: Didn't the legget serve anything?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, but not to your father, Margaret. He was busy in the corner communing with the spirits.
Speaker 1: I sat there very quietly. I didn't disturb a soul, but just because I didn't put on a lady's hat and dance around with my pants rolled up. Jim, Well, that's what Paul Hersty was doing, and everybody thought it was very funny.
Speaker 2: Mother.
Speaker 5: He didn't. Well, it was Jeddy, Oh creepers. I forgot all about Kathy.
Speaker 2: Jim.
Speaker 4: Do you see what you've done? You've got the whole family up.
Speaker 1: I didn't wake anybody. All I did was make a phone call.
Speaker 4: It's all right, Cathie. Daddy, you'll wake everybody in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Was it burblar?
Speaker 2: It was fother gee.
Speaker 4: I've had just about enough of this, Bud.
Speaker 2: Put the cheese back in it. But what happened to the cheese?
Speaker 3: What cheese?
Speaker 7: I had a whole slab of cheese on the table, Oh, Bud.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I was just on a nibbling and.
Speaker 3: Slab.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that takes care of that. Go ahead, Bud. Why up to bed?
Speaker 3: I thought we were gonna have a sandwich? Betty?
Speaker 2: Now what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Get the milk?
Speaker 3: Say that's an idea, but oh.
Speaker 2: Let them have their milk. Deer? Are you coming up there?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: I did you want something?
Speaker 1: Dad? Yes, turn off the lights when you run out of food, and don't.
Speaker 2: You dare touch that hand?
Speaker 3: Okay, Mom, good night.
Speaker 2: We'll be up in a few minutes.
Speaker 6: Mother.
Speaker 2: All right, dear, good night.
Speaker 1: Good I And then wonder, it's a funny thing. Every time I try to get into the ice box, something happens.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You've had your moments, meaning what?
Speaker 4: Well, I remember a certain leg of land, Honey.
Speaker 1: That was twelve years ago.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 1: I suppose twelve years from now you'll still be telling me about that same dizzy leg of land.
Speaker 2: Oh, go to sleep, Kathleen.
Speaker 6: Are you sure it wasn't Burglars.
Speaker 1: We're quite sure, kitten. I'll stop worrying about it.
Speaker 6: Betty said it was Burglar's.
Speaker 7: We'll tell you all about it in the morning, and go to sleep, Okay, good night, good night, Angel.
Speaker 1: Good night, Kathy.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, what a night.
Speaker 1: When the night is right, I'm glad it's almost over.
Speaker 7: Well, at least you've stopped thinking about that silly name.
Speaker 2: Oh I am sorry, dear.
Speaker 1: Margaret.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jim, you.
Speaker 1: Know that cat cat, the one that was killed by curiosity.
Speaker 2: Oh, that one.
Speaker 1: What do you suppose did it?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Dear.
Speaker 1: Maybe the name of another cat had met up at round Lake.
Speaker 7: Huh, Jim, you've got to be sensible.
Speaker 2: You can't keep this up the rest of the night.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 2: Huh, you certainly can't.
Speaker 7: Do you realize that in less than four hours it'll be daylight?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 2: I said?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 1: That's the name?
Speaker 3: What is Daylight?
Speaker 1: I mean, Jack Daily, That's what it was.
Speaker 2: Will say good.
Speaker 1: That's the fellow you met, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yes, dear Jack Daily, Now when you please turn out for light.
Speaker 2: And come to day?
Speaker 1: Oh no, not yet, you haven't finished. What did he want?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 1: Dear Jack Daily?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought I told you.
Speaker 7: He just said to say hello, good.
Speaker 8: Night, dear good night.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: The Anderson's will be right back. But speaking of another family, have you heard about the Joneses. They're going to Europe for six weeks. They'll start in England, then visit Holland, Belgium, France and Italy. It'll be a wonderful trip, a lifelong dream come true. You probably think mister Jones got a fancy raise. Well he didn't, and nobody left him a fortune either. Then how can he afford a trip to Europe? That's simple. He and missus Jones plan for it. They save money regularly through United States Savings bonds. Yes, the Joneses are going to Europe now, but someday it can be your turn. Do as they did. Put your money where it'll earn you extra money, four dollars for every three dollars you invest in United States Savings bonds and listen now. The maturity date of the bonds has been shortened, and you'll get your money back with interest in less than ten years. Start planning today. Your United States Savings bonds can take you to Europe too. It's been quite a night for the Anders. One they'll long remember. Now. The house is dark, the night is still, but it isn't over, no, sir, not by a long shot.
Speaker 9: Like this, Jim, Jem, But what's the matter?
Speaker 6: The telephone's dream good?
Speaker 2: Jim? Will you please answer the phone?
Speaker 1: Okay, Hello, there the phone's ringing.
Speaker 7: Father, Hello, Jim, please go downstairs and answer the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, what time is it?
Speaker 2: Four o'clock?
Speaker 1: Four o'clock? He gods, a little fishes. What kind of an idiot would call us at four o'clock?
Speaker 7: I don't know, dear, but please put on your rope, Jim, you'll catch your.
Speaker 2: Death of cold.
Speaker 1: I'll be all right, four o'clock. If this is somebody's idea of a joke. Wake people up in the middle of the night. I'll have their brains examined, spend the whole night trying to fall asleep. And then the phone asked the ring all right on coming, Hello, Hello Jim, this is Heck. Oh now look heck Jim. Are you sure it began with a b?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: No? Join us again next week when we'll be back with Father Knows Best, Daring Robert Young is, Jim Anderson been. Our cast were Ted Donalds and His Budd, Jean Vanderfiel, Helen Strom, Rhoda Williams, Herb Bigrant, and Yours Truly Bill Forman. Father Knows Best was an NBC Radio Network production written by Ed Jane, directed by Max Hutto, and transcribed in Hollywood. I'd like to take a moment here to remind you about some of the excellent entertainment that's yours for the listening each Friday on NBC Radio.
Speaker 8: There's the compact Pleasant Quarter Hour featuring Eddie Fisher with the Music You Asked to Hear.
Speaker 1: And the equally popular Rosemary Clooney Show featuring fifteen minutes of sentimental song stylings brought to you by one of America's most popular young singers. Be sure to include the program of both Eddie Fisher and Rosemary Clooney in your Friday night listening schedule. Also on Friday nights over many NVC radio stations, listen to The Baron and the Bee, featured in your all time favorite Jack Pearl
Speaker 8: As Baron Munchhausen, and Tonight, listen to the Adventures of Counterspy on NBC