Speaker 1: Wow, it actually showed up without the the other one, the other box with the info.
Speaker 2: Great small victories. All right. So since it's a Friday, Hello Friday, hmmm.
Speaker 3: Come on man, scoop for dude, it's fine dayDay.
Speaker 1: And it's wet and it's snowy. At least here it's U S D H h Q. It was funny this morning where you know, you're looking at the weather channel day and day and before and all this kind of stuff, and you're wondering, okay, is it gonna happen? And the way that it usually works is we always seem to deal in the extremes.
Speaker 2: Either the sky is gonna fall down.
Speaker 1: Or it's not, and there's you know, nothing in between that is gonna It's like, well.
Speaker 2: It might you might get a dusting, you might do this or this or this, this this.
Speaker 1: So this morning, the boss opens up a window and says, well, opens up the blind and she says, hey, look. And so then of course at that moment, I sit there and I'd pull out the remote control and I'd go to the weather channel and I would sit there and first and I go, okay, so where's Canty. He's in Nashville. So we're safe in that regard, and then what are the rest of the what's the rest of the coverage like? And so they've got dudes in Arkansas and on the Connector and they're showing dot cameras here where folks are venturing out on two eighty five, which is for those that aren't here in the Atlanta area. That's the Perimeter freeway that goes it circles around the city proper, and folks are on it and they're marooned and they're wrecking and things like that. So apparently the end of the world is happening, and it is supposed to go from from snow where depending on who you're talking to, it's two three four inches already on the ground. And remember it takes seven inches of snow for it to be one inch of rain in translation, so right now, some folks to three four inches. I put the cover for the outside non garaged automobile on the boss's car last night, and you can sit there and you can see that. You know that it is about two inches and everything. Ice has already started accumulating on the steps and things like that. So it is the end of the world, and we all should just you know, act accordingly. There are dogs that are enjoying themselves this morning in plentiful numbers, getting all of their zoomies out and everything. But the biggest thing is just be safe. Be safe, be safe, be safe, be safe, be safe. Please, we want to have you back a on Monday. We want you to listen to all of the things, and we want you to listen to all the stuff, and we want you to still.
Speaker 2: Be a part of them. We want you to be just be a part of the family. Just be safe. Okay, so come back on Monday, but enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Don't venture out unless you absolutely have to. I mean, like absolutely have to. So make sure that your faucets are running, make sure that you've properly winter rised, I mean get We actually, and I guess this is opening kickoff. We actually went out and purchased those. You know, they're like triangle there's styrofoam triangles that you put over your outdoor faucets. It's like there's a there's a latch that's on the inside of the styrofoam device and it locks over the spigot and you sit there and you and you put it on the top of it and then you tighten it up and so that way it doesn't damage, it doesn't freeze up the the opportunity for anything to come out of water from an outside faucet. So we actually got some of those. So we've tried to winter rise as best we can. And yes, tomorrow we are still going to try and escape to head south because next week is from the beach because it's anniversary week and technically anniversary is Sunday, so anniversary is Sunday. It's number twelve for me and the boss, and so we will be in We'll be at the beach, so you once again you'll see Pastel's behind me. Next week it'll be down there from inside the house that we rent traditionally, and we'll see just how frozen will be down there staring at water for a week. So uh so yeah, next week will be from the beach. By the way, Abe will be joining us on tape on Monday, as will uh sure not right, Bart's too busy.
Speaker 2: Bart's like real world stuff.
Speaker 1: So uh this is where I plug soccer for USPUD one O seven. So A will be joining us an hour number one next week, and Bart'll be incredibly busy doing real world things. So that's Monday, but all of next week will be from the beach, so once again pastels, funky portraits, all that kind of stuff in the background. You won't have the traditional background next week. So that's the biggest thing. So just be safe, be safe, be safe, please please please. That's all. That's all I can ask. That's all I can ask here, Okay, so just be safe. That was opening Kickoff brought to us. Buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com. And there's a q R code or just go to Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com. And then once you go to that store and you want to buy them out from all their coffee, what you do is use the code soccer down here fifteen fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested youth games, youth initiatives, very very cool stuff for my friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com. So really, when you buy out the store, you can buy out the store to fifteen percent discounts, so you'll be spending fifteen percent less than you thought you did. When you buy out everything at Kickoff Coffee and kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Since I'm thinking about it, figured I would wear the Soccer is Just Better in Atlanta sweatshirt this morning. And this is from our collaboration with our friends at Grady Baby and Grady Baby co.
Speaker 2: You can get this in.
Speaker 1: Red, you can get it in black, you can get it in T shirt, you can get it in sweatshirt. And then I would also recommend looking at all of their other gear to stack your closets because our friends at Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co. Are collaborating with us with this gear specifically because you know right here as DH Network, it's official right here on the cuff, Grady Baby on the other cuff. And if you help out purchasing stuff like this from our friends at Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co. You're helping out middle school soccer programs attached to the Atlanta Public school system. So that's something big that we've earmarked as one of our Soccer for Good campaigns in twenty five. So pick this up from our friend is It Grady Baby and Grady Baby Coke. You can go to Olivi and York you can get the first ever SDH jersey and with that that also helps out programs that we've earmarked to help out.
Speaker 2: Starting in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: You can get your presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente Kays of Permanente across the front Olivi and York, and you can get personalized.
Speaker 2: On the back.
Speaker 1: It is navy and you can either have it in white letters and numerals for personalization or light blue. I think Abby got one of each, so you can get that at Olivi and York. And also you can help out our friends at the Marshall Islands with the Marshall Island Soccer Project. They've bet their new jersey out, the twenty thirty No Home Jersey, and it was great to catch up with Matt Webb a couple of weeks ago and find out what's going on, actually it was a week ago. Find out what's going on in the world of the Marshall Islands. Lloyd Hours, the technical director, apparently is heading over in February. We'll catch up with Coach and find out how things are going on the island when he gets back from that trip. So you can buy the scarf, buy the bucket hat, buy each of the jerseys, buy them out help out the last country on the planet that is starting a national soccer program and they're doing it through footsal and youth games and youth initiatives. A very very cool stuff from them there too, So do your search Marshall Island, Marshall Islands, the Soccer Federation, I think it's misf store and then you can get the gear from them, and to show your support for Maddy Cruz in her senior internship program where she helped model the scarf. So U that that's where we are, okay, so let me see where things are. Well four card thankfully right now since we ran all the faucets, you know, got God bless you.
Speaker 2: Fore card.
Speaker 1: Four card says Rain Sleeder snow general will you do in the show? I'm kind of like the mailman, I guess and morning four card, so h kind of sort of. Yeah, we've been running faucets for like three days. Anything close to freezing, I'll run the faucets, but.
Speaker 2: Just because like I mean, I will literally I'll.
Speaker 1: Run faucet down here, fawcet in the mid level and where you're supposed to open the door underneath the underneath the faucet when you shut the door to the room that you're in for some reason, I don't know. I guess it, you know, evens out the air or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But I was told that you're supposed to open the underside door where your sink is.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But anyway, do that do all the winter rising things. But I'm hyghper paranoid. Like the second that it gets under thirty or it gets or if it's like clearing in the twenties, I'm turning all the faucets on.
Speaker 2: So that's just me.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that we can navigate through today, navigate through tomorrow. Hopefully we won't lose power. Hopefully none of you will lose power. But yeah, this morning we're doing the show, and like I said, Monday, we'll be down on the beach doing the show. So morning, four card morning Tom. Tom says, light floor. He's still going two to three inches in the springs and de Graham's in this morning, switched to sleep, but he got about two inches of snow. Morning Alex, and a snowy good morning across the board to everybody. Okay, a couple of things here breaking down the show this morning. Obviously we've got to get you ready for the weekend.
Speaker 2: There's news.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of news, and there's plenty of stuff to discuss in getting you ready for all of the activities on the weekend and training camps starting to warm up and all that kind of stuff. Rundown today, we'll hear from Jack Collison and his new gig coming up in just a little bit. I've got some sound from MLS media days from Jesse Marsh that we need to get into. And in now our number two, Donovan Ricketts, the new head coach at Carolina Core, is going to be joining us to start our turn, our turn of the training camps here in the footprint. So I guess officially today is when we start training camp reports. We're gonna try to catch up with as many coaches as we can in the footprint all League One Championship, MLS Next Pro and USL USL MLS Next Pro, all the above. We're gonna try to catch up with as many coaches as we can to get you ready for the season. So, uh, that's where we are. Four Cards says he's got like four inches in little Bern and it's now turned to sleep. Just stay indoors, don't drive anywhere. Don't do anything of that, okay. So here is our first batch's sound and it is coming from our friend Jack Collison. Jack Collison, and for those of you that might have had the might have had the chance to see it is uh. He has now got a new gig with these with SSA and the Swarm, and so uh it is a new gig. He is the director of methodology for SSA and for the Swarm and their relationship with Brentford.
Speaker 2: So we caught up with Jack.
Speaker 1: Jason and Maddy went out to Austelle to catch up with SSA, to catch up with Jack Collison. The sit down interview in audio form was released this morning and so the video version is going to be coming out in short order. So here is a bit of that conversation that they had with Jack Collison about his new gig.
Speaker 4: It's a big time for ambition in soccer in Atlanta right now, with Club World Cup coming the summer, with a World Cup semi final coming in eighteen months. You know, what's your take on the landscape of soccer in the city right now?
Speaker 5: I'm blown away. I love it For someone who not born with a soccer ball in my hand, I used to go to bed wearing my football boots at time. So for someone who sort of lived and breathed it every single day and then coming out here five years ago, but seeing the growth in the previous five years has been incredible, and enough to play a small part of it has been great as well. But what's to come is just mind blowing. You look at, as you say, the World Cup, you look all the new teams coming up, You look at the infrastructure being put in place everywhere, and I think the great thing is obviously we're doing a lot of the good things here as well. You're going to see lots of changes to the training facility. There's a real professional feel now around the youth programs. The women's side is really growing, and as I said, already are ambition. There's no hidden secret is to bring pro soccer here to SSA and to the swarm. So fingers crossed, we can get there. And not only is it a great opportunity for the young players who are in the system, it's also a great opportunity for some of these young hungry coaches or coaches who have been around the system for.
Speaker 2: A long while.
Speaker 5: So we're all pushing we're all working hard and hopefully we can get to where we want to get to make all that.
Speaker 2: Get this, now, you hit a mute button. See can cough.
Speaker 1: I'm trying. I was trying to, you know, expand the Collison piece. And literally what I did is I waved the arrow. I waved the arrow over the uh, the open like I'm in the corner and it says enter full screen, and so I just literally waved the the the the carrot over the top of it, and there it was. So I don't know what well, I don't know what I did. I don't know what I did, but I'm still learning this silly thing. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, Pars, that was gonna mut button.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I muted myself so I could cough and so you guys could listen to Jack and I'd hear me cough. And so I've waved my finger over the top of it. Anyway, So that's part of the conversation with Jack Collison. D Graham lets me know that it's also out of video form, So go out to the go out to the SDH channel, subscribe if you haven't hit the like button and hit your notifications. So when things do happen and you end up with great interviews like Jack Collison's piece, that you can listen to the interviews with Jack and everybody else that we piece up on the network.
Speaker 2: So so there you go.
Speaker 1: Apparently, according to Tom, the four Letter has an interview with Pochettino because he's getting ready for camp Michael's touring. The subdivision started forty five minutes ago. Heavy snowsleep. Now I'm mixing no snow's ending boom. So I'm gonna be looking over at the Big fifty five and we'll see what's going on with the Big fifty five and make sure that that everything is fine. Like Paul Goodlock can actually see from the seventeenth Street Bridge, you can actually see into downtown looking southbound. So that's a bit of a bit of an upgrade for Paul Goodlow this morning on the Weather Channel. So so yes, stay safe if you travel, Please stay safe if you travel, and travel not recommended, travel not recommended, Thank you, Alex. When Guardian ruy Nosa switch and flick of a cursor, thank you. Is there a recording of the diala thing from last night?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the go to the on the woodwork section over ninety two nine the game in the Odyssey app, that's where you can hear the full dial of conversation, the one where I didn't wave my finger over the cursor and blow everything out. So name Odyssey app you can listen into the full I want to say it was a nine minute conversation that Maddie and Jason got to have with Ronnie Dila. He made the rounds with everybody, made the rounds with everybody. So, uh, it was a chance for the local media to do sit downs with Diala and get caught up and all those kinds of things. And so it's the Jason Maddie conversation is over at ninety two nine in the game Odyssey app off the woodwork, Uh in the pilot in their podcast section. So that's where that full conversation is with Ronnie Diler. Uh yeah, And this is the things that the youngins had got to learn. Abby says, daughter went to Nashville yesterday, told her Jim cantoy' is there. She said, she had no idea who that was lost. He's gonna find out. She's gonna find out who Jim Cantore is. Garon, damn tu She's gonna find out who Jim Cantore is. So, uh yeah, so can Tory's wearing the hat. He is in Uh, he's Inville. And it looks like everything is going to be in Nashville until about eight o'clock tomorrow morning, and then you'll have the ice and the tempts and everything to roll by. Pars has no idea to navigate it. Well, then do this, Pars. Go to ninety two nine in the game dot Com. Then go into the oh, the the Q and a first season that I don't know happened last night at six Michael, I do not know about the Q and a thing for STMs that I do not know. So ninety two nine in the game in the Odyssey app. Then what you do is you go into the podcast section. Then you click off the Woodwork and that's where ninety two nine the game houses all of their soccer content, and so you go from there, you go in, you click and you find the most recent episodes are obviously listed first. So go there ninety two nine in the game in the Odyssey app and that's where you find all of the off the woodwork, so you know, not in the game, uh, podcasts or Atlanta United podcasts. Off the Woodwork then Off the Woodwork gives you the listing of everything that they've done. So the conversation that Maddie and Jason had with Ronni Dalla is there. I do not know about the STMs thing that Q and A is posted anywhere. Someone might have some audio if they you know, if they're sitting in the room someplace, but just can't kind of keep an eye on that. But Michael, I do not know if that audio is up. Yes, absolutely true, Abby says, I asked my son if he knew who Cantory was, and he thought he was a sportsperson like the former Yankee manager Joe Torre. Okay, that's closed. I can get you that one. And Aby Abbey's letting a pars know. If Cantory's in your city, you don't want it. If Jim Cantore is in the middle of your city doing remotes and live shots, that means that you're supposed to be getting the worst of the weather and you.
Speaker 2: Don't want him there.
Speaker 1: That means then if he's there, you don't need to be put it that way, so that that's what you're staring at when it comes to Jim Canty. So if you're Jim Canty, then make sure that if he's heading to your city, that you need to be out of your city. That's the bottom line. Okay, once again, remember ten o'clock. We're getting you ready for the weekend. In the ten o'clock hour, Donovan Rickett's the new head coach for the UH for Carolina Core in MLS. Next pro is going to be joining us. We'll find out what it's like for him to be a head coach. He goes from keeper coach to head coach, and we get to start our tour of everything going on in in all of the clubs in the footprint. So that's what we're that's what we're staring at.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: One other thing that I wanted to get into, and it has to do with.
Speaker 2: National teams.
Speaker 1: Obviously, d Graham mentioned that there's an art that there's an interview with the Pochattino at ESPNFC, and you know, it's like just getting to know you kind of things, Hey, what do you want to accomplish with this camp? Those kinds of things. So, as it turns out, Tom mentioned it. Sorry, So Tom mentioned that ESPNFC has an interview up with Pochettino.
Speaker 2: Ricky was in the snow. Well, you're excused, it's up perfectly fine. You missed me.
Speaker 1: Still trying to fumble through sequences and trying to get folks to hear things here on the show. Interview with Jack Collison up audio and video over at the SDH network. So ESPNFC puts out an article to Pochettino. Major League Soccer was having their car wash for media day, and so you had various people popping up. Burhalter was there, he showed up, Chucky Lozano showed up for media day, and so basically it was everybody that the league wanted to have come up and talk about the game.
Speaker 2: They had him sit at a.
Speaker 1: Table, sponsored table, the whole thing behind you and all that kind of stuff. One of the folks that was brought up at the table was Jesse Marsh. And Jesse Marsh we know Jesse Marsh's we know Jesse Marsh's new gig he is. It's not necessarily new, but it is the most newest gig that he has and he is the head coach for the Canadian men's national team. So he was asked and this is courtesy of our friends at Major League Soccer. He was asked about the difficulties of navigating the national team landscape these days, and this is something that I did not anticipate ever hearing from a coach at points, But considering the trouble that Canada has had in the past, I don't know if I should be surprised by this or not. Jesse Marsh divulged this at MLS Media Day once again courtesy of our friends at Major League Soccer.
Speaker 6: First, we tried to have a January camp, and the stark reality is just financially we're not in a position as a federation to support a January camp yet without having the kind of opponents.
Speaker 7: To help support that.
Speaker 6: So we put a lot of effort in the September October November time period to see if we could make it happen, and a lot of it was because, like the US has used it over years, this was the blueprint for me too. With the Canadian group is trying to unearth some good young talents that are playing domestically in the CPL and with the MLS and finding a way to incorporate them into what we're trying to do with the national team. And seeing if they had potential to rise in that group and be considered for what we might be able to include.
Speaker 8: With the first group.
Speaker 6: So it's a bit of a shame that we weren't able to accomplish that this year.
Speaker 2: But I'm hopeful.
Speaker 1: So jesse Marsh opens up, and I mean that in the sense of opening up, you know, in a press conference, in an emotional sense. Jesse Marsh admits that Team Canada and Canada Soccer do not have the finances or did not have the finances. I guess they're still in the process of trying to gather them that they could not have camps. They could not have camps. Jesse Marsh says he hopes to hold a January camp in the future, after plans for a gathering this year had to be scrapped. The Molist media Day was down in Miami. I'm guessing Miami, not Fort Lauderdale, US. Once again, they traditionally hold the camp and they're getting ready for that. Canada Soccer has done that in the past. Kevin Blue apparently working on it. We'll get into that more an hour number two. But you know what this means. It is nine thirty ish on a Friday, the regular crowd shuffles in to para. To paraphrase the philosopher William Joel, and that means we get to welcome in one of our friends, Michael Parkhurst.
Speaker 9: How are you, sir, Good morning and happy New Year.
Speaker 8: John.
Speaker 2: I am good.
Speaker 1: So we are apparently facing snowmaged here in Atlanta. Uh oh, I heard two three four inches of snow. Everybody had better have run to the store and gotten their their run on milk, bread and water, and the shelves. The shelves are empty, and people are frolicking, and animals are sitting there and going bruh, I ain't going out and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You look outside, people are putting covers on cars and things like that. So, uh is it just cold, nasty and freezing where you are and you're laughing at the rest of us here on the planet.
Speaker 2: Is that how this works?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: No, I'm not laughing.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I'm laughing a little bit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I remember how it is. I mean, that's great for the kids to enjoy a little bit of snow down there. Yeah, we had a we didn't have much snow up until, of course, the day before the kids were finally supposed to go back to school. They had been out for what felt like a month. I mean, it was a great two weeks around the holidays, but a full two weeks out honestly felt like a month. And so first day back, five forty five am, the phone call comes in. School is canceled. So the kids enjoyed a snow day. So we've had snow on the ground.
Speaker 2: We have.
Speaker 9: I don't think we're gonna get rid of it anytime soon. We're not gonna get above freezing for a while. So yeah, we've still got probably uh four inches on the on the ground.
Speaker 1: So do you still have your moments where yet you act like a teenager and you want to go outside, you want to throw snowballs in general, and just like throw them at you know, buzz them right past your kids' heads or or the boss or anything like that. Do you still have those mormentso you just sit there? So now that's for the young, Yes.
Speaker 9: I do, brought on by the kids and the dog. Right, the dog loves the snow, so she loves being back out there, and she loves chasing snowballs and then eating them.
Speaker 2: And I mean the.
Speaker 9: Kids are at a good age too, you know, throw it right back. So yeah, I enjoy a nice little snow day.
Speaker 2: Okay, do the kids eat snow themselves or just the dog?
Speaker 9: Newly fresh snow? Sure snow that's been down now for you know, almost a week.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 9: I hope I've taught them better.
Speaker 2: You just ew ick by the way, New Year, I mean.
Speaker 9: New platform, new background here that I'm looking at, a fancy schmancy here, John, I mean, I expect nothing less.
Speaker 2: But well, blame blame Longshore.
Speaker 1: He's the one who's the one who decided to get everything all gussied up in fancy. Uh. If you want me to do it, I'll screw it up. I'll play things out of order. It'll be like music sounders and it's like literally somebody with the hot keys kind of going like this and just mashing things out of order. That's me so far, trying to learn all this technology looks great. So what I wanted to do, and thank you for dropping by this morning, I wanted to kind of look back at twenty twenty four for beyond goals and look at now. I don't know, do you and Greg and everybody at BGM set New Year's resolutions or do you have goals aspirations to do list? How do you guys tackle how you want to grow into a year? Did you guys have a list of things you wanted to accomplish in twenty four?
Speaker 2: How did you attack this? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think actually the marketing folks that we've been working with the last probably four or five months have really helped us in that regard, because when we started, it was kind of just like, well, we'll see where it goes and you know, growed as much as we can, and we didn't really have any goals because you know, it was just kind of like, yeah, we're just going to grow it as much as we can. So they've kind of helped us in that regard of setting some goals, you know, both for the year and then we do it by the quarter and saying, okay, hey, what do we want Where do we want to get accomplished this quarter?
Speaker 2: Where can we go?
Speaker 9: What do we want to do, what do we want to implement? So in that regard, it's been really good and it kind of just helps Greg and I kind of set the tone going into the year and where we need to be and what we want to do. And again we're not answering to anybody. So it's kind of like if we don't hit a goal, you know, we just adjust things and move on and you know, why didn't we and how can we get better?
Speaker 2: Type thing?
Speaker 9: And you know, same thing that we encourage our mentees to do really well.
Speaker 1: And you know the reason I ask is because I know that when when we all dive into this idea of Okay, I want to I want to start this, I want to do this, I want to do this as a business, you know, I want to I want to make sure that this is the next stage of my career that you want to hop in. And as driven as we all are, it's like, yeah, I want to do it right, I want to do it well. I want to do it this way, this way, this way, this way, and this way. How do you not get bogged down if you don't accomplish something, do you How easy is it to just kind of sit there and say, okay, well, we'll work just as hard to continue to get there and not get mad about not accomplishing something that you had on a list, I guess with something new.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's challenging, and I think you know that's why we encourage to have these smaller steps on the way because you know, if we're accomplishing what we want to get done on a weekly basis or a monthly basis, and then at the quarter we don't hit our quarter goal, you know, we look back and say, you know, what we did what we could, it just didn't fall our way this quarter, so hopefully we'll make up for it next quarter type thing. And so, you know, really our goals we try not to make financial goals because we're like, you know, our services are there and we try and grow it and it is what it is. If people want to sign up, great and if they don't, great, So you know, a lot of our goals are kind of like what can we do to put ourselves in a position to grow the business, and then just seeing did that help? Was that successful? And adjusting things from there.
Speaker 1: What was the most surprising thing that you learned beyond goals in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 9: I think the potential for growth. I think the looking outside of the box and thinking what more can we provide? What else could this become? And just knowing that the getting the feedback that we did from players and families just re emphasize like okay, we've got something here and we can do something. And so yeah, I think that was the best thing that came out of twenty four And then working with this this group, I think is going to really help us, you know, just on social media, get more organized, help us with goals and things.
Speaker 2: So it was.
Speaker 9: A good year in that regard, and we grew the business healthily, which was which is awesome. You know, Greg works extremely hard in that regard, and yeah.
Speaker 2: He crushed it.
Speaker 1: What what did you learn from Greg? And what do you think Greg learned from you?
Speaker 9: I think I can learn a lot from Greg's work work ethic, Like he grinds hard, and you know, I think that you need that in any startup business and young business. We're trying to grow it and do things, and I think that we just we understand each other's role within the business really well. Greg grinds and gets the customers and is so good with customer relations and connecting with people and talking to them about why. And I'm just trying to come up with new things and new projects and new partnerships and Okay, where can we go and what can we do? And okay, how can we hire somebody new? And you know, I think that we just we work well together. So I definitely learned from Greg, both in the hustle side of things, but also mentoring wise and how he works with some of his younger players and what he talks about, and we share ideas and we're continuing to grow obviously, and we encourage each other to grow and read and get better and improve things. And just seeing kind of where he talks to kids about and how he approaches sessions. Sometimes it's just different than how I do. So it's it's it's nice for each for both of us, I think, to see the other person in action.
Speaker 2: What's the last book you read?
Speaker 9: That's John It's number one on my list right now of I need to do better in twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, because I think.
Speaker 9: I started off well in twenty twenty four and I probably have not read a book in like four months, so that's not good. So the last book I read.
Speaker 2: Where is it? Where'd you hide it?
Speaker 9: I think it's still hidden potential to be fair. I did reread this one because it was so good. Yeah, but yeah, that's the last.
Speaker 2: Book I read. So when you when you read a book, do you high?
Speaker 1: Do you take a highlighter and destroy the inside of it and then end up getting another copy later. How do you when you take notes from other people to apply to what you want to do it beyond goals?
Speaker 2: How do you learn? How?
Speaker 1: What's the best way for you to learn from, like, say, a reading situation. Do you do you highlight? Do you write something down separate? How do you how do you learn? When you read?
Speaker 9: I take a picture of whatever paragraph or sentence or whatever, So I've got just a bunch of pictures when I'm done reading or halfway through or something, and then I'll go write notes in a Google doc and so that I can keep it organized of like, Okay, why did I take a picture of this? What does it have to do with whatever? That way I can kind of organize it into where it would be helpful, because some of these notes go into like more broad topics, and some of them are like, Okay, this would be really useful when I'm talking to a kid about X, and so I want this information or this idea in this little area of notes that we have, you know, for ideas for when we're talking to a kid about that subject. So that's how I do it. Take a picture and then go back to it and write it.
Speaker 1: Okay, when it comes to twenty twenty five and getting getting your your mentees to learn.
Speaker 2: Do you encourage resolutions? Do you?
Speaker 1: And it might just be goals and aspirations instead of resolutions, because when you think of a new year's resolution, the first thing you think of sometimes is like, yeah, I'll give me like three weeks and I'll break it, you know, like working out. I'll set a new year's resolution to lose ten pounds and then three weeks and you sit there and go, man, this is this is not happening. Do you encourage goals and aspirations at the beginning of a calendar year? Do you just sit there and have that as something as a part of a continual conversation. How do you bring in a new year with someone that you're that you're having to, that you're working with as a mentor how do you break down outlook, I guess is probably the best way to phrase it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a great question, and it depends on who we're working with and if we've worked with them before, because I think that, you know, with soccer being not a calendar year sport, it kind of gets a little confusing, Right, do you make your goals at the beginning of the season for the soccer season or do you make it at the beginning of the calendar year for the year, And so it just depends on you know, if this if the player is playing year round, or if they're playing multiple sports, or or when we started working with them. So a lot of them we do, right. I think it's it's great to have calendar year goals where you want to be this time next year, and then we work backwards, right, we always are working backwards. Okay, we've got this big goal here, or a couple of big goals that where we want to be. Okay, how are we going to get there? And then what are we going to work on to get there? And ideally we're coming back to like a weekly or bi weekly checklist of Okay, have I hit these small little steps in order to get to my goal at the end of the year, because like I said earlier, John, we could hit all these steps.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 9: I've got a kid. He wants to get back with the national team. Right, he's been with the youth national team before. He wants to get back for the East national team. That's his goal for twenty five. I said, that's an awesome goal. Now how do we do it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 9: Okay, we need to be playing consistently, Okay, we need to be healthy right, Okay, great, what are the steps to that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 9: How are we going to take care of our body on a daily and weekly basis so that we are healthy enough? And you know, so you just small little challenges and goals along the way.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I think that when you mentioned these these small goals, these incremental steps, I think that a lot of times we have a tendency to either take those small steps for granted and just it's like, yeah, you know, I'll skip this chapter because I know that I do that, when in fact, you might be found out that you don't, or you sit there and it's just like, oh I did. It's it didn't quite register to me that I need to have that small of a step because it is one of those building blocks. I thought that was interesting that you just mentioned that, because a lot of times we sit there and we'll take those small steps for granted, thinking that yeah, they're already a part of the process when they may not be. I thought that was really interesting that you brought that up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a crucial, crucial aspect and that's where a lot of people go wrong and why a lot of resolutions fall all Right, the goal is just too far away. It's a big aspiration, a big goal, like it's a yearly thing or it's a huge thing that's going to take months and months. That's just tough for mentally, right where you're not accomplishing something, you know, especially if it's not a number or something where you can really you know, if it's just to look better or thin down or whatever, that's just tough over time. So yeah, we highly encourage it. I saw this video the other day. It was really really good. I think it was a school teacher trying to teach his kids about this concept. And he had this kid who needed to get from one side of the room to the other side of the room, and he had pieces of paper that the kid could step on, and so the kid stepped on the pieces of paper to get to the other side and said, okay, now go back, and then he took away a few pieces of the paper and it was really more difficult, and then he took away all the pieces of paper and he said, if you don't have these steps along the way to get to your goal. It's impossible to get there.
Speaker 2: I see now.
Speaker 1: I like the idea of pulling all of the pieces of paper off of the floor, and it's like, okay, so now what are you going to do? And if you don't have those if you don't have those pieces laid in place, then you're gonna miss them coming back. You're not gonna have them coming back, or you're just gonna walk on the desks to get from one desk to the other and just do it up above. I mean, there's there's gotta be always a way in like in Star Trek with the Kobayashimaru and James T. Kirk when when he when he went around and broke the machine and just kind of refixed the machine to his own benefit.
Speaker 9: That is true. I gotta find alternative ways sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah excuses, Yeah exactly, Michael Parker.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's all about finding different ways and that the and then your instructor goes, man, I wish I'd thought of that.
Speaker 9: But speaking of uh yeah, New Year's and like uh yeah, goals and things, and have you heard of the uh the viral like a hard seventy five.
Speaker 2: Challenge Uh no, what's this? Okay, Well you.
Speaker 9: Look it up John, it's uh it's I think it's a little older, but it became viral again. And basically there's like five or six things and you're supposed to do it every day for seventy five days. If you mess up or miss one day, you start over. And it's really intense. That's why it's called hard seventy five. But it's basically it's like, drink a gallon of water a day, read x pages a day, exercise twice a day, take a picture of yourself once a day, and there's a couple other things. I think. So I think Greg and I are going to implement a modified version for any mentees that want to do like a thirty day thing with us, where you know, you read a few pages a day, you get x amount of sleep per day. We're not taking photos of ourselves. That's not the goal here, you know. But exercise could be something as small as stretching or getting core work in right, and it's just kind of like a more of a mentality and a discipline thing than it is, like we're not trying to lose weight or do it for any specific reason. It's more like, hey, can we do something? Can we accomplish it for thirty days and stay dedicated to it and you know, get them thinking about and learning by reading, focusing on their sleep, getting certain amount of sleep. So we're tossing around the idea of, hey, should we start this for kind of the end of January and February type thing based off of this viral thing that's going around Andy Forsella.
Speaker 1: Think of this as an iron man for your brain. How to take complete control of your life and only seventy five days. Yeah, quoting for Sella, There's nothing worse than rolling through life in the passenger seat. You wake up, go to work, and drift through each day with no direction or driving force. Then you drive home, flip through your favorite TV shows, go to bed, repeat that same cycle the next day. Weekdays all run together. You find yourself trying to pass the time until the weekend so you can relax, unwind, and finally enjoy yourself. You start doubting yourself. I'm skipping forward, and so he said, this is why I believe in the seventy five hard program. I know exactly how you feel. I've been there myself, spend years feeling like I was nothing, floating through the days with no game plan and no results, letting myself go mentally and physical, trying program after a program to try to get back on track, only to fall off right after I completed it. I knew I wasn't the only one going through this, realize the root cause of all of my problems was not addressed by any existing program. And so Andy Fracella is the guy that did seventy five hards. So you want to spin off and do well ninety hard because there's ninety minutes in a match.
Speaker 9: Mabe, Well maybe, well, maybe we'll get to that. But you know, I think you know as far as smaller steps.
Speaker 1: Forty five, give me forty five, Parkhurst can just start and give me forty five.
Speaker 2: Then you can start it for me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we might even do thirty just a thirty day thing. See how we can do it, see what the response is like, and then they'll take it from there. If it was fun and everybody enjoyed it, maybe we'ld do another one.
Speaker 1: There are other things that you guys did in twenty four that I thought were really cool, like bgtv's it. What's it like for you doing the television thing where you cut your teeth on programs like this, but then you actually, you know, then you go to BGTV and you do.
Speaker 2: That that work there. What was that like for you doing the video side.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I enjoyed doing the videos where I feel like I'm passing off knowledge of the way I see the game and the way high level athletes see the game and why they make the choices that they do on the field, and little little things that probably go unnoticed by a lot of youth athletes about what's making these professionals successful and what they're doing before the ball comes to them, and all these little things that I'm just trying to point out and help out. And so I really enjoy doing it. It's it's fun for me. I hope that we continue to grow that, you know, it's it's a challenge getting kids to see the benefit of it, I think right now, but I still have big hopes for it.
Speaker 1: And I mean when you when you have different mentees of different age groups, different aspirations, whether it's you know, early high school, high school, I would you know, for me, I would say middle school, just to just to be different, middle school, high school, different levels of professional.
Speaker 2: Aspirations things like that.
Speaker 1: How much of a challenge is it for you and Greg to make sure that your messages are catered to the individual and not just have blanket thoughts going in too every you know, everyone who is a mentee. How difficult is it for you to for you and Greg to segment and break apart all of your messaging with all of your different mentees because of all the different directions they're coming from.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's tough. That's that's a tech a challenge, right because we work with nine and ten year olds who obviously have different goals, aspirations and just ability to absorb knowledge differently than a seventeen year old who wants to get back with the national team. Yeah, or college kid who's playing D one, you know, so it is completely different levels. So we do try and we separate things. We know that not every message is going to hit every mentee, but some messages will hit some and some messages will hit others. And that's fine. Not every message, not every piece of information is for the entire spectrum, but that doesn't mean they can't take something from it. But yeah, it's that that is a challenge, and it's it's the same as like when I do soccer camps and you know, you try and have an age range of kids and you've got a level and you're just you're trying to do your best to teach everyone something so that they can get better.
Speaker 2: And have fun.
Speaker 9: But that's a challenge when you're dealing with different ages and different skill levels.
Speaker 1: I know that one of the words that we use a lot these days when it comes to approaches and learning and things like that is the a holistic approach. And I know that you you believe in that at Beyond Goals. When I mentioned the word holistic to you when it comes to an approach at BGM, what does a holistic approach mean to you?
Speaker 9: Specifically, A holistic approach means all encompassing and yeah, looking at everything to become better, so on the field, off the field, mental, physical, nutrition, sleep, everything that for me is a holistic approach when we're you know, three sixty view of your life and what is helping you or hindering you to get better.
Speaker 1: Because there are some folks who may sit there and think of holistic and think that it's all new, that it's new age. You know that they get stuck in this notion of oh, it's you know, just twenty first century thinking, and it's this you know, you know you're looking at chakras and crystals and you know those kinds of things. That's why I wanted to get your definition of when you say a holistic approach, then it's a three hundred and sixty degree Okay, you've got to focus on this as much as you focus on this. You have to focus on the inside as much as you focus on the outside. You've got to focus on sleep and your your own mechanics as much as you do anything else. That's why I wanted to ask you, because there are folks that may sit there and look at it and their idea might be, you know, the the person that wanders around and you know there's just flipping smoke everywhere, you know, those kinds of things. So that's why I wanted to get when you say holistic, That's why I wanted to get your definition, because some folks may get stuck in an idea and it's not where you're.
Speaker 2: Going at all.
Speaker 9: No, you don't want to be on that that edge of the row seat when the guy's coming by with that stuff. You know, whoa a little a little strong.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, when you're when you're doing that kind of stuff, that's very cool.
Speaker 9: To Bart's question over here, John, it's funny how snow day activities differ when you get a little bit older. My favorite currently is if we're gonna get snow on a lot of snow, so I can get the snowblower out right out that sucker. So I want to use that sucker. And thankfully we had enough snow last week to use it. So yeah, getting that guy fired up and using that's that's fun for me. And I still like sledding. Oh, if the kids are going to go sledding, I want to go sledding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't blame you a bit. As always, my friend, Great to see you, Great to catch up with you. Glad that Beyond Goals continues to kick some serious ass out of twenty four and heading into twenty five. And what I wanted to do this first time around is kind of recap twenty four, look at twenty five, what you guys have learned and what you're planning on learning going forward. So I wanted to I wanted to have the whole approach and kind of like a recap review preview kind of a thing for your first visit this year, to let everybody know how things have grown there at BGM. And for putting up with questions like mine on a yearly basis.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 9: And if we don't have a female hired in the next like three or four months, sean, you got to hold me accountable.
Speaker 2: That's I will, I will, all right?
Speaker 1: So Q one, all right, so Q one goal Parkhurst female higher. Okay, So I have officially written it down. There we go, and so by May first, if this is, if this has not happened and this particular individual has not been put in as a part of the rotation, we're gonna have a talk park curve.
Speaker 9: That's right, like a little public peer pressure.
Speaker 2: Be well, my friend, b saf stay warm. We'll catch up with you soon.
Speaker 1: Thanks for dropping by a safe down in the snow, Yes, sir, as always, there goes parking. And so now uh it is I might bring I might bring in our next guest, you know, a whole thirty seconds early, just because because we haven't quite hit ten o'clock yet. And this is where our tour of the training camps begins. Here for twenty twenty five get to catch up with head coaches all around the footprint. And our first head coach is from our friends at Carolina Corp. And this is where we bringing Donovan Ricketts, the head coach for Carolina Core Coach. Thanks for dropping by this morning here kick off our number two.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me John and right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let me ask you this, And this might be one of those questions that I don't know how frequently you've gotten it, but now that you're a head coach, and this is more like two or three separate stages, how does it feel to be a head coach?
Speaker 10: Well, you could just feel the stress already.
Speaker 7: It's not.
Speaker 10: No, it's a fun job, but not an easy job. But just let me preface it by saying that it's gonna be a very stressful job because no, you're managing everything, every single player, managing the environment and everything.
Speaker 7: So but it's fun though. If you love the sports, you'll enjoy the time.
Speaker 1: Well, so then let me ask you this, why now, why why at this point of your career did you you know, in the meeting the off season leading into this particular year, So what was it when when you woke up in the morning, you stared in the mirror and you sat there and you said, you know what, I think I'm ready to be a head coach in professional soccer. What was the what triggered that in your head? It's like, yeah, I think I'm ready for this kind of a challenge.
Speaker 7: Well, first thing, just remember I was a goalie and this said, yes, that is.
Speaker 2: GK. Union is definitely something that is different.
Speaker 7: So they say goods are crazy. So I just said, you know what.
Speaker 10: But to be perfectly honest, it's it's a natural progression. If you play the sport and you're involved with the sport, you naturally want to become a head coach. And then the opportunity came along. So I guess it was just the time and and everything was right.
Speaker 1: What did what did you learn about yourself as a keeper, coach and an assistant coach along the way that gave you the confidence to sit there and go, yeah, you know, I think I can do back and be a head coach. Well, what did you learn about yourself along the way to get to this point?
Speaker 10: Well, I think like managing the goal is because I'm managing like four different personalities sometimes and only one person can play so to get everybody on the same page, working with each other, working for each other might and also pushing each other, and it's still we maintained that unity and that camaraderie. I think it was just say I could translate that to an entire team where you have with outfield players, you have ten people that can play and still take people off the bench. So it's more you can keep people happier that way when other people know that they're going to be in the mix and the rotation. So I think just managing the goal is just knowing only one can play and keep everybody focus, keep everyone motivated.
Speaker 7: It just gave me that confidence well.
Speaker 1: And at the same time, as you mentioned being a member of GK Union, you're all crazy, but managing all of these different kinds of personalities, I think that that's probably one of those early challenges that you have, where Okay, I need to talk to this person this way. This person I need to this person I need to kick in the pants. This person I don't need to kick in the pants. I kind of need to put my arm around them. This person need to take them to go get ice cream. This person, you know, this person I need to go take the cookout. I mean, so that whole thing, the the whole navigating of personalities is something that you got to learn along the way too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And to be honest, when we played it was just it was the same thing. It's like you're in the locker room with different personalities and you have to get along with those people for the collesiveness of the team of the group. So you learn to know who to talk to a certain way, how you push each other. So I think we learned that naturally by playing the game and being in the locker room, so it was easy to translate that. And also I saw things when I played that I didn't like that I thought maybe if I implemented this, maybe this could affect change.
Speaker 7: So just implementing things you learned. No, like when you're.
Speaker 10: A goalie, say the goalkeeper coach is preparing the team sometimes for the week, he only focuses on the man that's going to play on a Saturday, So the one that's not going to play fields kind of left out and sometimes think what's the point, So how can I get that person involved and get him focused, getting him thinking that I do have a chance. Also, and also the coach is prepared me just the same way he prepares the number one.
Speaker 2: Goal MLS Next Pro.
Speaker 1: Actually tell you what before we talk about the league, let me ask about High Point and the community and what you've been able to clean about Greensboro or h Greensboro, high Point, Wston Sale in that whole area of North Carolina. What's it been like to see that particular part of North Carolina there and High Point embrace what Carolina Core have been trying to accomplish. What's it been like to see the growth and the appreciation right there for Core?
Speaker 10: Nice good because the owners they shared a vision that the club was created for the community, so that was the first thing they said, It's created for the community. So us working in the community will be great for the everything Carolina Core. So we put on a lot of clinics, a lot of camps and you can see the turnouts, you can see the fun, engagement and everything. So I think it has been good up to this point so far.
Speaker 1: When you look at last season and the lessons that you think you can carry with you from orr's season in twenty four and MLS Next Pro, what do you think some of the big lessons were that you could carry with you coming into the twenty five season with you as head coach.
Speaker 10: Well, well, if you look how we ended the season, we lost out on the playoff by a point or two. So we just know that every single point is very important in order to get us to where we want to be. So there's no game that we'll go into a game and said it's okay if we lose this one, it's okay for this one. So everything is very important. Every point is important. I know, we're no longer that new team that no one knows about. No people know of Carolina course, so we can't come in and think, you know, we're just a new team. No people know about Carolina Corps. So no, we have to double that work to get to the end.
Speaker 1: And that's part of it that this is interesting because it's like, yeah, you're a first year team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, they're they're they're new they you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll we'll sit there and we, you know, will either take them for granted and get bid or not taken for granted and get in for a challenge.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're you're now one of the more veteran.
Speaker 1: Clubs now in m LS next pro that that whole year one is out the door.
Speaker 2: When when you are a when.
Speaker 1: You're a father, there's always the talk of the terrible twos. You know, you have a new born, the new born is you know, he goes through that first year they're learning how to tea, learning how to walk. But then they always talk about the terrible twos where the kid just wakes up in the morning and all the all the kid does is just it doesn't matter what breakfast is, it doesn't matter what's going on.
Speaker 2: The kid is just crying and wailing and.
Speaker 1: Never happy and just it's like, no, I don't want to wear that, I want to wear this.
Speaker 2: You know, how do you and.
Speaker 1: How do you foresee having Carolina Core avoid the terrible twos to where it's one of those you know, you're the kids just stomping his feet and nothing's happening, and he doesn't like the wagon that he's got and he wants to, you know, go outside and play. How does Carolina Core avoid the terrible twos?
Speaker 10: Well, the beauty of let's just say, of us not making the playoffs last year is like we think, we just think we could have achieved something, So no, that hunger is there to achieve what we didn't last year, so maybe if we have made the playoffs last year, we are coming into this year thinking, oh, it's a cake walk, we can make the playoffs.
Speaker 7: But no, the hunger is there. No, we have to do something that we didn't do last year.
Speaker 10: So no, we have nothing to be complacent about or to feel we have achieved anything, because no, we want to create history by being the squad to be the first one to make the playoffs for the franchise. So the hunger is still there because we have something to play for. So I think that's how we navigate our terrible tools.
Speaker 1: How different a coach are you as a head coach from your time when you did it in Tulsa? How different an individual are you coming last time you were a head coach to this time as a head coach?
Speaker 10: Well, the person remained the same because I can't change who I am, so the person remains the same. But I've learned like lessons along the way regarding the football of how you want to do things or you don't want to do things things you want to change the person. Men's just say because I am where am I like a fun environment, I like a light environment because I think people thrive in that sort of environment, So the person will always mean the same, but the ideas will just change a little bit.
Speaker 1: When you got to come and play in the United States, you got to see a different version of Major League Soccer to where it is now to where you've got. You've got all of these different markets that are playing MLS, whether it's MLS or MLS Next Pro. What's it been like for you to see the game grow to where you are? You're in a high point, North Carolina and you have a professional franchise that you're in charge of. What's it been like for you to see the game grow from when you first came over from being a bantam to you know, be a hey, don't hey, don't think I don't know about Bradford City.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 1: Look I've got the jersey stashed away in my stack in jerseys with brad I know, I know all about.
Speaker 2: Kind of stuff. So what's it been like.
Speaker 1: What's it been like for you to see the game grow to where it's not just La New York.
Speaker 7: No, it's good.
Speaker 10: It's good because growth, I think for the age we're living in, growth is good and it's a natural process for growth. So it's good to see the game growing, and it's not only garnering interest from inside the US, but now the MLYS is making its name outside of the US and starting to become a force to be reckoned with. Uh.
Speaker 7: I've loved where the.
Speaker 10: MLYS is going because when we played, you know, we'd have to jump on a commercial flight and go to where we're going.
Speaker 7: Now they take private flights.
Speaker 10: So hey, this is why we work so hard because we want to get back to the MLS because we want to be on private flights too.
Speaker 1: But rather you know what these games is. You got the Eastern Conference. Sometimes you might need one.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but it's good the growth of the game to see because I was in Tulsa and Smith Tosa, Oklahoma.
Speaker 7: It's a huge market for soccer. You soccer is big in Tosa, Oklahoma.
Speaker 10: So the game must come a very very long way, and I think it has even a far further away.
Speaker 1: When you're in high Point, are you are you recognized right now?
Speaker 2: Do you sit there?
Speaker 1: Can you can you go into the food line and get your shopping done? Or do you have to hand out index cards and shake hands and sit there and go hey, you know, be a season ticket holder, how are you when it comes to the public right now in high Point.
Speaker 10: Unfortunately it hasn't reached that level yet, So I'm good to go wherever, and nobody knows who I am, so we're working for it to get to that level. But right now I'm pretty good. Nobody recognizes me and I do my shopping myself nobody.
Speaker 7: I'm just a regular Joshmon.
Speaker 1: Dnavin Rigget's the new head coach for Carolina Core, hanging out with us hereal in the Morning show as he gets ready for his first training camp as being the man large and in charge for MLS next pro in the Eastern Conference in twenty twenty five. When it comes to your philosophy, now I know that, you know, we got to you know, we get to find out from Michael Parkhurst when he's a mentor. He takes a very holistic three hundred and sixty degree approach to everything when it comes to your philosophy and how you attack things. When someone walks in the door for the first time and they look at practice for Carolina Core, they look at the roster for Carolina Core and see the certain kind of individual that you want to have compete In twenty twenty five. How would you describe your philosophy to someone who hasn't seen you as a coach.
Speaker 10: Well, do you see a group of players that enjoy being around each other? So first, the environment has to be that kind of environment where it's a family environment where we look out for one another, and then we play for each other. So no, when we translate that to the field, they see hungred individuals. Every practice would be like a game because the practice is supposed to be harder than the game.
Speaker 7: As if we practice hard, we make the game easy.
Speaker 10: Because I have something I used to tell my goal is we might dive two hundred times in practice just to dive once in a game. So we just create that mentality, that philosophy that hey, we're preparing just two hundred times just to do one thing, to do it well.
Speaker 7: So with the team, it's the same thing.
Speaker 10: It's going to be a team that when you see as practice, it's going to seem like it's a real game. We're going after each other, we're pushing each other, we're driving each other. So first we create that environment where we work for each other, then we bring it on the field where we play for each other. So you're going to see a cohesive unit fighting and working.
Speaker 1: And I know at the same time, though, you're looking for a specific kind of individual to be a part of that roster that that can embody what you're looking for and have it, you know, right but right on the right, on the breast. They've got to have it here. When what's it like for you when your phone blows up? Hey, I want to come and play a high Point? I want to I want to come and play Carolina Core. What's it like having your phone blow up for players that are interested in wanting to be a part of what you're trying.
Speaker 2: To build.
Speaker 10: Now, just when the phone goes, it goes non stop. So the thing is, there are a lot of talented players out there. It's like a lot of talented players out there, But sometimes it's just beyond the talent, it's what kind of person you are, Because yes, you have the talent, but what kind of person are you? Can you fit into what we're trying.
Speaker 7: To build here?
Speaker 10: So yes, of course talent is very important in this support that we play, but also what kind of person are you? Can you get along with teammates in adversity? How do you react to adversities. So also the person that comes with the talent is very important to us, So I make sure I tell everyone that's hitting the phones up. It's like, yeah, you're going to send me the video and I'm going to look at the video and then I'm going to make a phone call and say, hey, what kind of person is this? So those two have to come together the talent as.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's the timetable? When does the training camp officially start? When do we start hitting you and a and over the over the head to come back on the show and give us updates and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: What's up? What's the time table?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 10: The players start arriving in market on Monday Monday. So yeah, players come in market on Monday. They arrive Monday Tuesday, and then they go through the orientation where they learn that we do the EKG and the hell stuff and paychecks and all that, and then come the twentieth of January, we hit the grown running with pre season starts officially.
Speaker 2: Good deal.
Speaker 1: Then make sure that, yes, make sure that everyone's direct deposit works.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes they won't actually coach.
Speaker 2: It's great to see you.
Speaker 1: First off, it's the first chance that we've had to catch up with you since you you've been named the big dog there at Carolina Core. Thanks for dropping by. Don't be a stranger any you know, if you're if you're bored one morning at practice and it's like, you know, but I'm just gonna crash the show. So anytime you want to crash the show and just be like live from practice, hey, yeah we get here's what's going on man, And you know, seriously, anytime you want to drop by, drop by.
Speaker 2: It's great to see my friend.
Speaker 1: We will catch up with you soon because MLS Next Pros coming up just around the corner. Donovan Ricketts, thanks for dropping by my friend. Great to see you have him safely.
Speaker 7: It was a pleasure man, for having you.
Speaker 1: Bet there goes Donovan Ricketts. That's that's kind of random. I mean, it's it's cool. Don't get me wrong. It's great to have Donovan Ricketts drop by. It's like, yeah, uh, you know our friends at Carolina Corp. They were like, hey, would you like to talk to the new coach, the new head coach, And we're like, well duh, So yeah, we caught up with him, and so it was great to great to have Donovan Ricketts drop by in the morning, and uh, it will not be.
Speaker 2: The first time.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna warn him now, it will not be the first time he's on the morning show. So I can still see him in the green room. You're smiling about those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: He's ready to go.
Speaker 1: So, uh, Donovan Ricketts a new head coach at Carolina Cort great trip to have him drop by and find out what's going on. All right, So we do have some developing news that broke while we were catching up with Coach Ricketts, and it has to do with the coaching staff with Atlanta United. And so we now know who is going to be with Ronnie Dila in year number one on.
Speaker 2: The coaching staff.
Speaker 1: So the technical staff has been announced for twenty twenty five and it is the following individuals. It is assistant coach Kenny Miller, goalkeeper coach Elliott Parrish, Matt Lowry and Carl Robinson remain. So that is your staff for twenty twenty five. Kenny Miller, most recently an assistant coach on Diala's staff at Alwada in the UAE, began his coaching career in twenty eighteen. Serving briefly as a player manager for Livingston, later an assistant on Robinson's staff with Newcastle Jets in Western Sydney, Wanderers and Australia, as well as an assistant coach with fal Kirkham Huddersfield. Twenty three year playing career for Kenny Miller nine titles, two forty nine and eighty six and seven hundred and eighty club appearances.
Speaker 2: After starting with.
Speaker 1: Hibbs Cabbage, Miller played for multiple clubs, majority of his appearances coming for Rangers and Wolves, eighteen goals in seventeen international appearances for Scotland. Elliott Parrish worked with Dila at Alwada, served as keeper coach. Previously was a keeping coach at Saint Johnston in the Premiership, where he finished his playing career in twenty three. The Towchester, England native began his career in Villa's academy. Made his professional debut for the Imps of Lincoln City in twenty eleven, represented England at the U twenties. Played for multiple clubs in England Scotland one hundred and seventy eight appearances. Retired in twenty three. Matt Lowry he joined rob Valentino's staff as an assistant coach in twenty four after serving as an individual development coach. Matt has been around and Land United for quite some time. Previously held the role of Academy Director from June twenty one to April twenty four, where he oversaw soccer ops for the Academy and at Land United.
Speaker 7: Two.
Speaker 1: Originally joined the Academy for their inaugural season July twenty sixteen as head coach of the U twelves before being promoted to the U fifteen's and the U nineteens interim Atlanta United to assistant coach during the twenty twenty USL season and Carl Robinson Stays began his coaching career in Vancouver in twenty twelve as an assistant for two years before named head coach in December twenty thirteen. Three MLS Cup playoff appearances in four seasons, first ever Can champ in twenty fifteen, first ever appearance in the Conka CAF Hemispheric Extravaganza, semi final appearance during the sixteen seventeen Attorney went to Australia and then he came back to the US working with Wayne Rooney as an assistant at d C in twenty three, followed Rooney to Birmingham City assisted with the Wales national team UA for pro license turning it in twenty thirteen. So your assistants for Ronnie Dila, Kenny Miller, Elliott Parrish, Matt Lowry and Carl Robinson. So that is your rundown that is there with all of those. Once again, thanks to everybody. Yes and so yes, Jordan, good morning. It is snowy, snowy, snowy Atlanta. Welcome to Olive. So I'm glad that we got to Parky to talk about snow and snow activities and such. So okay, so back to where we were. When we were we were in between guests, and so I want to let mean for those of you that might have missed the sound bite in our number one, I want to go back and I'm going to play the sound bite and go back over what we were discussing involving Jesse Marsh and Team Canada. So this is once again, this is Jesse Marsh at MLS Media Day yesterday in Miami. And like I said, I'm guessing it's Miami. I don't know if it was Fort Lauderdale or not, but it was in Miami. The Jesse Marsh said this about the Canadian men's national team yesterday, once again, courtesy of our friends at Major League Soccer.
Speaker 6: First, we tried to have a January camp, and the stark reality is just financially we're not in a position as a federation to support a January camp yet without having the kind of opponents.
Speaker 8: To help support that.
Speaker 6: So we put a lot of effort in the September October November time period to see if we could make it happen, and a lot of it was because like the US has used it over years, this was the blueprint for me too. With the Canadian group is trying to unearth some good young talents that are playing domestically in the CPL and with the MLS and finding a way to incorporate them into what we're trying to do with the national team and seeing if they had potential to rise in that group and be considered for what we might be able to include with the first group.
Speaker 7: So it's a bit of a.
Speaker 6: Shame that we weren't able to accomplish that this year, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Hopeful Jesse Marsh, Ladies and gentlemen, so that's Jesse Marsh yesterday at Media Day and he said that outside of that quote, he and Kevin Blue, General Secretary of Canada Soccer, have been tireless and trying to do fundraising to help elevate financially what we can achieve with the entire national team program for men and women. Canadian men, currently ranked thirty first in the world, will be competing for two trophies this year Nations League Final four March, in the Gold Cup in June and July. Marsh also reiterated Canada Soccer is also working on friendlies against sides from South America, Africa, Asia and Europe.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: Obviously, a lot of teams when we need matches, are trying to qualify for the World Cup. So you've had to be creative at kind of understanding which teams can be available, and then how to create a schedule and then still find ways to play in Canada, to play in different spots in Canada. So there are so many varial bulls. But I feel like we're in a good place. I think we're on track for some really good opponents.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 1: He says twenty twenty four was about getting to know his team, so much of it will be about establishing exactly how we're going to become who we want to be for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: I have a thought.
Speaker 1: I'm holding on to it till the end of this quote, and everything from incorporating a few more dual nationals to incorporating a few more individual younger talents into the player pool, and making sure that we are addressing everything we need so that by the summer of twenty six we know exactly which players we are going to need and who we are so that we can do the best we can to represent Canada in a home World Cup.
Speaker 2: That will be the most important all right, end of paragraph. Thought.
Speaker 1: So you're trying to establish exactly how you're going to become who you want to be for twenty six.
Speaker 2: How can you do that without camps?
Speaker 1: You're trying to incorporate more dual nationals and individual younger talents into the player pool. If you don't have camps and you don't have friendlies, how can you show empirical evidence to a dual national? Hey, we want you to be a part of this, be a part of what be a part of this program? Well, who are you playing? Well, we didn't play why not, because we're having problems raising money to play you know, friendlies in all of these matches. I feel like Canada continues to chase its tail.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: You didn't have camps because you didn't have the money to properly fund facilities and bring players in, et cetera. But what you did is you've had the Major League Soccer owners subsidize the hiring of a coach, Yet you don't go from the bottom up in trying to build infrastructure and player opportunities. You hire a coach and then you have nothing for the coach to do except perhaps possibly travel the planet trying to look at players and convince them to try to be a part of something when you don't have matches that they can be a part of because you don't have the money to put the matches on.
Speaker 2: Am I missing something here?
Speaker 1: This is? This is circle? This is circle logic. Here, this is circular logic. And he did make a point to talk about the Canadian Premier League and folks like Shola Jamo and Quasi Poku and the local developments such but so jesse Marsh, Jesse Marsh continues to confuse me, and so let me bring Jared in Hi, Jared, I'm confused by Jesse Marsh.
Speaker 8: I'm not as confused by Jesse Marsh as I am just perpetually disappointed with the way Canada is right now. Does it make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's he's hopeful funds will be available for future January camps. There weren't any camps, So how can you bring in players for a new coach who's been subsidized I imagine the staff's been subsidized as well by Major League Soccer. He's got the corporate you know, he's got the he's got the tenured professorship, as Bart says, but you.
Speaker 2: Ain't got nothing going on.
Speaker 1: And it's like it it makes your it makes my head hurt where you're you're trying to sit there and you you bring and you bring in a manager, but you don't pay for the infrastructure.
Speaker 2: So the manager can have for things, have things to do.
Speaker 1: So anyway, it was it was one of those head splitting was a head splitting moment yesterday and I'm like, seriously, come on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's and to Bart's point, like the problem isn't Jesse so much as Canada, Like Jesse is going to shoot off of the mouth. He's he's just just what he's gonna do. I think we've established that about him from when he, you know, kind of shot from the hip about US soccer. I won't say that he completely obliterated his chances of ever managing this country, because yeah, I think it's I think it's foolish to close doors like that. It's petty and foolish to close doors like that. But man, he made it. Gon't make it interesting in the future for him to come here with some of the stuff he said about US soccer, some of the truths, but not like is it a meritocracy. Nepotism is not dead, Let's put it that way. Yeah, Canada is just like Canada is its own chaotic problem. And no matter what Marsh wants to say or has to say, or how he has this manut, he has a tough job at edit it. He's being asked to kind of take spare parts and put together something that works. And yeah, there are some really good parts there, Like we know Canada has some amazing pieces, but when they can't even fund it January at Camp, Yeah, there are there are deeply deeply seated problems.
Speaker 1: Yes, speaking of teams in Major League Soccer in Canada. Apparently, according to Tom Bugger over at GMS, Robin Frazier is going to be the next head coach for Toronto FCA. So Robin Fraser, not Jim Curtin, not not not Jim Curtin or anybody else. Apparently it's going to be Robin Fraser that is going to be named the new head coach in Toronto.
Speaker 8: Sounds like I don't know if you've talked. I know I haven't really been in the last week or two over the holidays, but it sounds like Jim Curtin is not going to take any job right now. He's just gonna lay it out. That said, you also have the Vancouver job as the last job opening.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And Giovanni seven, I said, was the other finalist for Toronto and as a finalist for Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and this is and we're going to talk to and we talked to Nico yesterday. I will I will say this that there is a there's a lot of angst north of the border. And you know that I that I do some pundit segments north of the border. There is a lot of angst north of the border that the White Caps will not exist north of the border when they get their new owner, that they will be down here in the state. Don't know, but everybody's like, we don't think they're going to stay here in Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Could be San Antonio, could be Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so I mean it's yeah. So there's a lot of angst going on right now in Vancouver. So they're going to hire so they so they're going to hire a coach in Vancouver. Vanny Startini should have been protected at all costs, but apparently he wasn't. The whole estate tax issue thing was what is one of the big stumbling blocks for the current ownership group that's looking to find a buyer because they invested very little in purchasing the white Caps. The value of the white Caps obviously is nine figures to the left of the decimal, and so the family was concerned about a state taxes and everything that would come down come raining down upon the family once the owner and the man at the top of the family pyramid would pass away, and so that's why they put the team on the market. They didn't want to have to worry about a state taxes coming up down the line for the family of the ownership group.
Speaker 8: So to to Bard's point, we should absolutely keep the name white Caps wherever they go. Let's take this back to the NBA style where we don't change the name, like Utah Jazz Jazz about the state of Utah, the Lakers originally coming from Minnesota. Let's just keep the names because I want to confuse the next generation the same way I was confused, and I'm like, what about what about Utah screams Dave Brubeck exactly? And what about Los Angeles screams Lakes? Because I was confused aby all this.
Speaker 2: So just keep the name the same, yes, like.
Speaker 8: Do the white Caps, but do it in like what's the least white capped here, Topeka, Kansas.
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go, the Yeah, the Topeka white Caps. Uh you know, it would be.
Speaker 8: Like the Manhattan Kansas white Caps, a little big.
Speaker 2: Apple, the little big Apple Caps.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just like just have like like like Manhattan Kansas gets the white Caps and they just have to keep the name.
Speaker 2: That's and they play at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, it becomes a fortress of American soccer.
Speaker 5: YEA.
Speaker 8: Even like it to the point where like college only college football fans can explain why it's a fortress. Yeah, even even soccer fans can't explain it. They have to call in college football people to explain why it's fortress and why when it happens. Bill Schnyder will somehow get hired to coach Kansas State one more time.
Speaker 2: Yes, he absolutely will.
Speaker 1: And you know, like in the year twenty one thirty eight, Kansas will so yes, well, you know it'll be they're looking for they're looking for a head coach to replace two hundred and twelve year old Chris Cleman. And who do they Oh, yeah, we'll get We'll get uh, yeah, we'll get. Uh, we'll get We'll get Bill Snyder. Can we do that, Yeah we can. Technology is amazing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just to get his get his head preserved in a jar like Futurama. Just have Bill Snyder on the sideline, just drawing up, like drawing up like Zoo and duo.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely true.
Speaker 1: Let's say Nashville has signed to keep her Javier Valdez through the twenty twenty five season. Twenty one year old Dominican international and olympian claimed in December via the end of the year waivers. Territory rights Let's see, all right, let me see if I can understand this. Signed options for twenty section twenty seven claimed in the end of your waivers. Originally signed with Houston as a homegrown in twenty two after the Dynamo acquired his homegrown territory rights from both the Red Bulls and NYCFC.
Speaker 8: The most MLS sentence that I've heard this morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely true, I've grown rights from two teams.
Speaker 1: Yes, homegrown territory rights from both Red Bulls and NYC's signed by the Dynamo as a homegrown after they acquired his territory rights from two clubs. Keeper made fifty regular season and two playoffs starts for Dynamo Dose since debuting with the club in twenty two. This sounds like at the moment, it sounds like how your Valdez is going to be perhaps spending time in Huntsville.
Speaker 8: Only until they decide. So let's let's be honest, They're going to decide at some point that you know, Joe Willis has got to be up for uh god, we got to provide Joe Willis some competition the way we did with Panico. Yes, that is like he gets some starts and then people are like, oh, man, maybe we should start to consider Joe Willis, and Joe Willis just survives another like career assassination attempt.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely true, someone.
Speaker 8: Else to call him, but like, yeah, for like man, for what was it like the last two or three years, John, Like it was like Panico would start games and like maybe he should be the one who starts. Yeah, it's like Gary Smith was just trying to find a way to start him more consistently and then it just never suck and it was just trying so hard to make fetch happen.
Speaker 2: Gonna I'm gonna give Elliot a shot.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make sure that Elliott gets his opportunities and gets his reps.
Speaker 2: Could we think he's ninety minutes fit looking forward to it as a goalkeeper?
Speaker 8: I hope he's ninety minutes fit.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, can stand there for ninety minutes? Uh.
Speaker 1: Johnny Klein signs with the Charleston Battery this morning, And apparently Messi and friends have unveiled the information on their twenty twenty five preseason tour, as did Atlanta. So we'll get into Atlanta coming up in a bit. So here's how it is. January eighteenth, they played Club America at Allegiant in Vegas. Eleven days later, and this is what this is what Nino was getting into. Yesterday they're playing University Universitario di de Portes in the Estadio Monumental and Lima, Peru. So they're going from Vegas to Peru, flying from there to play Sporting San Miguelito at the Estadio RAML. Fernandez Goudieers in Panama City, Panama. Six days later, they're playing Olympia at San Pedro Sula, and then they're going to play the Purple Team on the fourteenth at the Pirate Ship at Raymond James. So it is Vegas, Peru, Panama, Honduras, Tampa. That's what Messi and friends are going to be doing.
Speaker 8: What you're describing as a plot to an Ocean's like Ocean's fourteen movie.
Speaker 1: There you go, you get you get Danny Ocean, and you get Brad Pitt and them trying to figure it out. It's like, all right, we're gonna we're gonna take all the casinos in all those countries and we're gonna make sure that that happens. Atlanta United announced their pre season and they all before you came on, Jared. We went through the coaching staff for twenty twenty four with Ronnie Dila as well. So the twenty twenty five pre season schedule for Atlanta United at Fort Finley January twenty fifth to take on Chattanooga FC. Then February first, they go to Protective to take on Birmingham Legion. Then it is matches in Bradenton and i MG against the Revs and FC Cincinnati, and then it is a closed match at the Children's South Care Atlanta training Ground in Marietta taking on FCD on February fifteenth. So not quite Vegas, Lima, Panama City, San Pedro Sula, Tampa, but for Atlanta, it is Chattanooga, Birmingham IMG, IMG and the Children's South Care of Atlanta training Ground. So that's the pre season schedule for Atlanta United this season for Ronnie Diland.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're getting I think you're you're kind of you're hitting the your thre in the needle here where you are doing your local matches, where you're reaching out to the teams that are nearby you. Chattanooga, Birmingham, your closest major cities. They have clubs and Chattanooga is a major city in this sense.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 8: The only other one I would love to see them do in the future is to get down to Statesboro. Oh, build that and build that connection. But then otherwise you're scrimmaging with n LS teams, which is what you should be. You should be challenging yourself in putting yourself through your paces pre season, which granted, dude, they'll they'll be put through their paces. Like, all I can think about is the uh Bobby Boswell quote where he talked about playing under tap time. He's like, man, there were like multiple complaints to the Players Association about how much we had to train and run and how much we had to work, Like, yeah, was about to come back, Dila is not. It's tricky whenever you discuss this because people still have the association with Gabriel Heinz and the way things. But I was gonna run them like he has fitness goals for them. Yeah, they have to be in a certain shape, they have to be able to do certain things, to be able to play a certain amount and to be able to which is funny to me because one of my favorite players from those Celtic teams was telling Ruggish. Uh, the Wizard of Oz, who's this Australian ten. It was very gold dangerous and would pop up in cup games and just score these amazing goals. Tom Raggish, knife to his throat, could not play ninety minutes, just couldn't play minutes to give you. He would give you the most scintillating seventy minutes you could imagine. But yeah, now that gas tank does not feel that high. This is a high performance vehicle. We're not putting regular unlettered in this and we're not expecting three hundred miles on a tank. Yes, but yeah, they'll they'll be. They will have to uh, they'll have me in jape for man.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely true.
Speaker 1: Now, there there has been uh, there has been some talk in the in the twitch pitch and other places. Yesterday Major League Soccer actually came out with a mea call book and they apologized, apologize they did for prematurely posting an article. It could be prematurely, we don't know, but they posted an article linking a signing from Celtic to Atlanta United. Long rumored, long wished for that kind of a thing, and so Major League Soccer posted an article after Atlanta had signed, came in Tagashi and brought Togashi sign in on a free. The folks at Major League Soccer had brought up that Fudahashi Son had in fact been signed, which was an error, and so then Major League Soccer had to apologize for posting that article. And what I wanted to discuss with you with that specifically is not the boot, not necessarily the boo boo by Major League Soccer, but the window into Celtic as a negotiator then going back into how things were and all that kind of stuff. So, uh, I just wanted to remind folks about them and their their negotiating efforts in the past.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're just kind of a pain to deal with, it seems. But it seem I would would qualify this also by it seems like you have that existing relationship, which should make it easier. MLS full loving the damn article as a single entity.
Speaker 2: Yes, the most arguably.
Speaker 8: The most annoying thing they've done in a while. It's just so ham handed and stupid. I understand you have like articles in the chamber ready to go, but jesus those of them, so you have the existing relationship that garth worked with them to get Gig in here. One one piece of that is missing is that Gigi had mentioned that it was pro Spokanegger who came over and you know, made the personal visit to you know, sway him to come to Atlanta. I don't know who does that now. I don't know if that's Chris or if it's Arthur or somebody. He goes over there to kind of talk to Kyogo see about making that happen. Celtic is fifteen points clear. I think they lost to Rangers a week ago and then Rangers proceeded to draw two straight games because they're kind of inepty right now, Like they poured all of their eggs into let's beat Celtic three nail and it was like a hilarious thing to watch. But look, they're fifteen points clear. They're going for Champions League. The trick for them is replacing him because you have you have Audamida, who's a twenty twenty three as Northern Irish international, came from Norwich for the EFL. That goes among you, Yeah, the Championship goes. They have been long linked to Mattias feast Garden I think is how he's pronounced his name, who's up at Broadby very well thought of, like twenty to twenty three year old striker. If that move starts picking up steam, I'm kind of watching one with the other, you know what I mean. You look at if East Garden starts picking up steam to Celtic, then that makes me think, okay, well they're getting ready to replace a striker. Adam might have started the last two games for them, by the way, he came off the bench for thirty minutes the other day and to no win, didn't score. In fact, the other Japanese players did. Who will, Buddy, I will happily take Dyson. If you want to shift your focus to like Japanese Tito cool, do it because that's kind of.
Speaker 2: What he is.
Speaker 8: He just runs really hard for ninety minutes. He will press like an absolute demon. And now and like now he's like consistently learned how to finish. But he kind of has that Tito quality where like he creates more chances than you expect because of his speed and his quickness. He doesn't finish all of them, obviously, but he created but he creates so many just by being so freaking athletic. I would happily take that and if you'll want to ship focus and go get a striker elsewhere. Also, he's younger. I think he's like twenty six, twenty seven, But I'm kind of watching the because he's Garden Rumor or anyone else who might have bompt up for Rumor to get an idea of is this something Atlanta Saltic can get across the line, because like, yeah, posting the article's kind of dumb, like it happened the other day, but everyone here's professionals. I don't think that's going to kill any thing out right, And if it does, then I feel if that's if that's the thing that breaks it, then there was already stuff to break it. Like, I don't think that's the one thing to break it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: For someone who has not seen Fudo Hashi san play, what does he bring to the table.
Speaker 8: He's more complete striker. Look, Yakamakis was starting at Celtic it's Pias Kyogo is hurt, and then when he started back it was his starting job to lose scores and cup games. Has a penchant for popping up in derbys and Champions League games. But smaller than Yakamakis but more complete, very good pressing, very good counter pressing, good movement in the box, can score with either foot. Just he's he is. He's a finisher, like he's an athletic finisher. He has that, he has that thing where he just needs one touch to get in to space. And I think the game slows down for in those moments when it's one B one or one B two and he just's He has not produced the same numbers under Brendan Rodgers as he did under a Pastacoglu. But again, I just like out here running the it's like but that to an extent, some of that I think is like it's the hell Mummy thing man Like it's like Graham Harrell put up numbers in Texas Tech system YEP. I mean sometimes it's system sometimes it's system related. So yeah, we'll see. I think. I think if Atlanta wants to get it across the line, they will. This is this is therapy words. I think, I feel, I know this is I think, I don't feel or know anything. I think if Atlanta wants to get him in here and get it across the line, he's thirty years old now. I think he just turned thirty. Like this earlier this month. Yeah, where he was about to just turn thirty. You get three or four good years out of him at that point. I think his movement in the box, like his little quick movements, can be very dangerous doing what Ronnie Diler wants out of a striker. Do they get across the line? I hope so selfishly, But if you don't, then I still think your shopping ten to fifteen million for somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, we had mentioned that earlier this week about a shopping spree that involved to Luca and possibly fifteen million dollars as well as chasing after a striker.
Speaker 2: But you know, obviously we'll take it, take a peek on that, and a player comes from Portugal for eight and like sit up in the Apertura and everybody to Lucas like ooh, and so then now that player is allegedly linked in one article in South in Central America, which was then after the first of the year, brought back up by an MLS aggregator that has less than three thousand followers on the two hundred and eighty character app the Mexico newspaper had like seventy eight thousand to eighty thousand followers, and they put out that piece of information, but then once again aggregated north of the border for something less than three thousand followers. So once again this is where we remind you here in the month of January, on a snowy, wintry Friday in the southeastern United States. Check your sources.
Speaker 1: Check your sources, Check your sources, check your followers.
Speaker 2: You have your Tier A, you have your tier S, you have your tears.
Speaker 1: Z sort them out, keep an eye on them, follow the numbers, file the information away, but don't jump on it immediately as gospel and or fact that something is going to happen involving an individual.
Speaker 8: Can I give you like another little bit of a little bit of thing to.
Speaker 2: Keep an eye on with pez with please do so.
Speaker 8: I want you to pay attention to dates with Kyogo. Celtic plays in Champions League this month, so let's see league. Sorry, mechanical keyboard is allowed at all? Hell yeah, brother, this thing is this thing is loud. But they play on the twenty second in the twenty ninth they have young boys Austin Villa. Celtic sitting in twenty first place in all the Champions League. The new Champions League. Set up whatever the hell it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be in the top twenty four and get it.
Speaker 1: Get out of get out of the group stage.
Speaker 8: Roper. You would enjoy this keyboard. All the keys are done in the black speech of Mordor from Lord.
Speaker 7: Of the Rings.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 8: This is this is the most This is my favorite keyboard. I digress. They play two games on the twenty second, the twenty ninth and Champions League. I don't know whether their future is in Champions League, but they'll get two more Champions League games out of him before he would have to leave on the thirty first. The window opens here, so if we don't see more rumors popping up outside of this, I'm kind of keeping an eye on this timeline because he can play two more Champions Leagues, including the Senville Nation on the twenty ninth, and hop on a plane comes stateside.
Speaker 1: And also Ropes is wanting to know about Patrick Waya. Patrick Waya. If you go to his two hundred and eighty character app still lists him at Minnesota United. If you go to his ig, you go to his Graham, you go to his insta, he's listed as being Atlanta United. So there has been there's a lot of Minnesota United photographs and he is listed himself. I'm guessing he is in charge of his Instagram account as being Atlanta United, so you know, following six hundred and forty on the IG forty one posts just under ninety four hundred followers. But Patrick Wya is listing himself as or someone attached to Patrick Waya's social media or part of it is listing him as being tied to and associated with it Lane United, So that is, uh, that's where it is. I haven't seen anything officially involving the two's, any official announcements anything like that. Haven't seen anything official. There was there was one post I want to say that was a part of the the Instagram stories. I think that's where it was, where he was wearing a in Atlanta United warm up jersey. So, like I said, nothing officially official, but he is listing at Lane United on his Insta as his location. Where on the two hundred and eighty he's still listing Minnesota United, So who knows.
Speaker 2: Maybe someone's in charge of one part of his social media not the other. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Kind of barts like he's kind of convinced he's not actually with it Lande n I just forcing the issue.
Speaker 2: Like, who was it that was? Who was it it was on trade deadline day?
Speaker 1: Was it a bombyan who basically camped out in front of the club that he wanted to be traded to and never got traded to him?
Speaker 2: And he had the microphones in his pap.
Speaker 8: I'm just thinking about the time that one dude in high school lied about being scouted by like two pack twelve teams and did like the hat ceremony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they weren't action.
Speaker 8: They were like both these cools were like that's great, but.
Speaker 1: We didn't offer you Yeah, yeah, no, we had did the big offensive lineman. I want to say, yeah, that he was that he was lined up there logging all right, So Abby wants to know if anybody's having problems logging into the two hundred and eighty character app on their computer. I just never log off of it, so.
Speaker 8: I don't. But also it's kind of a it's kind of a crapshoot up anyway, considering the people who were, you know, going, Do you have a skeleton crow keeping it going?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: So when things happen, they just take longer to get fixed.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Uh, apparently Blooper is having a snow day up at the battery and he's by himself.
Speaker 2: And he's running in and around the field. So uh, there we go with with Blooper. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's just it's weird. Uh Sean dish out at Everton. And I know that Ropes and Tom Russo and our other resident Evertonians have have mentioned this and they're looking for hopefully King Carla to come back. But when you are a when you when you're a manager and you got new owners and the uh, the new owners, they want to.
Speaker 2: Have a talk with you. It's f it's f a cup weekend, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, So the juice bot would be a little different than traditionally what we would do on a Friday. But if you if you go to your new bosses Jared, and you sit there and you say, no, I think I've done. I can't take this team any further. Literally, your new owners walk in the door, they want to have a talk with you, and you're you're in a relegation fight again.
Speaker 2: And your new.
Speaker 1: Owners are asking you about what you think about the roster and the club and then the team and everything, and then they ask about the about what you're accomplishing, and he's like, no, I don't think I can take this team any higher.
Speaker 2: What does that say? What does that say.
Speaker 1: About Sean Diysh or does it say more about the freaking group where you're kind of like, you know, so I think I've maxed it out here. You're not interested in keeping a giar, I guess, but you're just kind of like, you know, I think I think I've maxed things out. What what the hell is that? Do you go into a meeting and have these kinds of discussions? I'm just asking, uh, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 8: Know, man, Like it's it's I can't tell if that's a I can't do anymore, or if it's like a subtle like that isn't good enough for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of thing.
Speaker 8: But you kind of went into this thing. It's like an alternate universe of office space where he went to talk to the bobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Tom's like, I'm not sure how to feel about dish Parbie wants to thank him for getting out of the way, part wants to be pissed. And that's kind of what I was getting at. It's like, you know, did do you want somebody around. Who's that honest? Do you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: And apparently, uh, there was supposed to be there was an opportunity for Ashley Young to play against his kid in the f A Cup and uh they didn't get to play against one another, but they still got to kind of hang out after the match. And I don't know who was more pissed off about it, but yeah, Everton was in the f A Cup and uh uh the had you had a chance they won right after I know, to nil.
Speaker 8: Like you got you got like the you got the new manager bounce within like hours. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Uh huh yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was Layton Baines, Layton bains one of your one of your play one of your senior players. It was like, oh, you can't, you can't win with this group. Well, I sure as hell can. And you beat Peterborough in the in the f A Cup.
Speaker 8: Well, to be fair, I will never forget when uh, oh man what what Aberdeen?
Speaker 7: Crean?
Speaker 8: What was his real name?
Speaker 2: Oh? Uh freaking Jim what's his face? Yes? Uh?
Speaker 8: Who managed Aberdeen? After steeing Glass basically like walked in. Norm was like, oh I can fix his defense and in like in like two weeks, yeah, or or less than that or something like that, and then proceeded to like give up the same amount of goals.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The reason you would give the reason they were giving up goals under glass is because they played on them. They were trying to like play on the front foot and leaving the back exposed a bit while trying to score a bunch of goals.
Speaker 2: But Jim good by the way, Jim.
Speaker 8: Goodwin like was giving up the equal number of goals while basically playing a shell defense. Yeah, he not only did not fix the he did not fix the not fix the defense, and also it just became infinitely less entertaining to watch.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, so uh oh so oh. Abby just posted what apparently is happening Abby. It might just be that X doesn't like it. Abby posts today a link in the twitch pitch about trying to log onto the two hundred and eighty character app and it just kind of flashed at her like it was not interested. So but hey, it it ropes his Peterburgs at the bottom of the League one table.
Speaker 2: Yes, that may be true.
Speaker 1: Let me let me live my my romanticism of Layton Bains being a badass manager he's like the new Dunk. He's like the new Duncan Ferguson by the way, that's uh Layton Bains could have zero conscience and launch from thirty and get into it, get into a scrap and not think about it. He's get he'll get into a scrap and does not think about it at all. Uh So, jarreed, before you get out of here, what else is on your mind before the weekend other than bread, bread, milk and water.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, bread sandwiches and milk sandwiches. Bread and milk sandwiches were doing it. But I'll keep in weather il Celtics and see what they do, see what Yogo does. Yes, thank you, and any other rumors that pop up. I'm sure we'll get some other rumors before it's also done. Again, the window is an open till like I think the thirty first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the month and you'll get more.
Speaker 8: Of these rumors and then yeah, I want to see what happens with Vancouver, not just the moving thing, but like is it so what I say, because Jesus you all have the idea of Giovanni managing them and in tormenting Portland and putting Portland in the torture wreck is very real.
Speaker 1: Glad leave you with that, all right? So there goes Jared and Jared drops it by and it's always good to catch up with Jared, all right. I want to watch gossip Rumor in window?
Speaker 2: What to watch? Where to watch it? How to watch it?
Speaker 1: First off, thanks to Carolina Core, Donovan Ricketts for putting up with our silliness and for Michael Parker's for putting up with our silliness too. It's always great to catch up with them. And like I said, Carolina Core first one in the barn for training camps, all these kinds of things.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: Manchester United set to rival PSG for Kavichka Kavar at Skellia. According to La Keep, Liverpool could also move for Cava at Scellia Ifnopoli allow him to leave this month. That's from our friends at the Athletic David Moyes looks like he's going to be offered the chance to return. I think that they are dickering over the length. Is it going to be just a short term deal through the end of the year to try to keep them up or is it going to be longer than that? West Ham have asked to be kept informed on the availability of Marcus Rashford would be interested in taking him on loan once again, but they ain't paying for the full thing. Ac Milan and Como also interested in signing Rashford for the remainder of the season. According to Jean Luca Demarcio, oh A Ropes Rowdy wanted nothing to do with it out in Where's my blanket?
Speaker 2: Where's my heater?
Speaker 1: Arsenal cannot afford the British record transfer feet it would take to sign Alexander Esach from Newcastle this summer, while Alexander's and jing Co could leave the Gunners this month. That's four letter paper. Take the information at your own peril. Four Bournemouth stars are attracting the interest from the Premier League other clubs. Center back Elia Zabarney, left back Milosh kirksh Ford, Antoine Semeno Spain, defender Dean Houston, all being monitored by Chelsea, Newcastle and Liverpool. Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Brian and Bumo from Brentford. Manchester City working on a deal to sign eighteen year old Brazilian defender Vitor Race from Paul Maris it is not an either or involving race and the other purchase options. They want to purchase them both. Forrest have inquired on a loan deal for you to Uve about Douglas Louise, but he's also on the radar for United City. In Fulham four letter paper, Southampton keeper Aaron Ramsdale being tracked by Newcastle three letter paper. Dortmund have made an approach for Manchester City's defender Max Allan. For Bridge Cio Romano Liverpool and England midfielder Harvey Elliott attracting interests from Brighton and Barusha. Dortmund from Lyle Thomas Crystal Palace is Tyreek. Mitchell is wanted by several Premier League clubs. England Fallback also being scouted by Athletico Madrid. Villa have entered negotiations with League de club Cohn for French eighteen year old forward TDM Gomese. Youve have made Ronald Arujo their primary target as they aimed to sign a new defender this month. Fulham received an improved offer of over twenty million pounds from Paul Maris for Andris Pereira. Four letter paper. West Ham have been offered the opportunity to sign Jonathan David from leal Born with considering a loan move for Paraguay and eld Yukito striker Alex Arse. So that's where a gossip, rumer and innuendo are also other quick movement here. NYC has signed Jacob Aroyave to a homegrown contract. RSL transferred Matt Crooks to Whole City of the EFL Championship. It is now officially official. Toronto has appointed Robin Fraser as head coach.
Speaker 2: I get to play this? Does it work? Is this? Or did I reassign the name of the thing? Okay? Anyway? Uh da da da da da da da da.
Speaker 1: Robin Fraser new head coach in Toronto, So that has happened. Tormenta have signed Moldovan defender and the Tony Propelita. You may remember Prepolita. Those of you hardcores. You might remember Propealita from his time at Chattanooga FC last season. So he moved from Chattanooga FC down to South Georgia Tormenta. Nolan Norris at FC Dallas called into the USU twenty men's national team training camp, third call up of twenty twenty five captain the US as the team qualified in twenty four for the twenty five U twenty World Cup to be played in San Diego, Chile. Also on the board this morning, we'd mentioned what's going on with GMS and reporting about Robin Fraser led the club when he was in Colorado at the top of the Western Conference in twenty one, second straight year they made the playoffs. Departed the club before the end of the twenty three season. Fraser interviewed by at minimum both the Revs and the Earthquakes and SO Toronto. Since Greg Vanny left in twenty twenty, Chris Armis, Bob Bradley, Terry Dunfield, John Herdman, and now Robin Fraser. According to Tom Bogert, club aim to have a period of stability moving forward, as seen by the comprehensive rebuild happening under GM Jason Hernandez. Following the departure President Bill Manning. Manning led deals to sign Bradley and Signior Bernardeski, among others. Savadeesa was a part of the Final two in Nashville over the summer and via to lead this winner. Interviewed with San Jose and New England, among others. White Caps last one out savades one of the finalists. One of the finalists in Vancouver. Toronto FC is also in the process of finalizing a deal to sun Canadian international Forteo Corbeanu from Granada on loan. Finalizing a deal to transfer Thiago Andrage to an Asian club. TFC traded with San Diego FC to pick up Andragi in the expansion draft and the sources saying the fee you're going to be around five hundred thousand. In his place, Corbiano is going to arrive Granada Digital first report of the signing was closed. The deals a one year loan with a purchase option at a million dollars. Caden Glover for All Caps is going to join the U twenty US youth national team for their domestic training in Wells.
Speaker 2: From the tenth to the nineteenth. So you have that going on.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to see what other quick news notes that da da da da da da might be going on. Yeah, it looks like Coco Kataskia might be in talks with Pumas. Portland Timbers finalizing a deal to sign international midfielder shout Orties from Independent into de Viger so to they'll bring him up. We mentioned the Rione deal. I'm trying to see what other tracks and things have happened. Okay, so DC has signed Kim Jun Hang from Jean Bukjundai Motors, signing into a contract through twenty seven, option for twenty eight. Fifteen clean sheets, thirty four appearances in the k League One. Yet to make an appearance for the South Korean senior national team despite being named the bench Fire have bid for a share Winger Guyton Perrin sources a toll GMS for Britzie Ormano, first to report it. He is spent his entire career in France. Five goals, four assists, eleven hundred minutes in League ON this season, seven and ten in League DU last season. We've mentioned the waving of Randall ley Aalen Elliott Panico briefly in Nashville, so keep an eye on that. The deal for Orties from Independentia Devije is going to be around a million and a half dollars. He'll the salary cap as a TAM signing. Johanna called her own first reported that info as well. We mentioned Lastlie Lapelainen moving from Montreal to Columbus also on the board.
Speaker 2: Let's get you into.
Speaker 1: What to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it on your Friday and maybe your Saturday, because you might still be in the house. So let's see what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it. You got English, You've got FA Cup going on, and so Friday. LEGA on doubleheader, on bing and being an Espaniol, you can get b in, you can get newester l a cdo for the fans, are budding, Nino Torres and Gold TV, all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: You can get that at Finantes.
Speaker 1: FNTZ dot co slash Soccer down here helps out Finantes, helps out us, and it helps you with your true degenerate nature of watching things. Lego doubleheader not in Monaco. O'sher and lel This afternoon, being and being an Espaniol. ESPN two has the Bundesliga Dortmund and Bayer levercus In at two thirty. F S two has the legal we neither condonne endorse nor promote.
Speaker 2: At noon.
Speaker 1: Deportes is simul casting the Bundesliga match. Fox deportis simul casting the Saudi match two to NA doubleheader. The Klausura begins tonight. Cadettao America at eight Tijuana Te Luca at ten. FA Cup is at two forty Wickham and Portsmouth Villa west Ham is at three. Bundesliga is on the Plus. Spanish Lalliga Ryo Vaicano and Celtadevigo is at three o'clock. That is also on the Plus Paramount Plus Syria Lazzio Como two forty five Arena Soccer at eight with Empire in Kansas City, also Syria. Now we mentioned the Syria matchup and then on Vick's at ten o'clock at is Masatlon and Juarez.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, League uh On being triple header.
Speaker 1: League DA starts off their day so being being an Espanol have Liguda and Liga Italian Syria nine o'clock on CBS Sports Network. Before that Syria, Feminina, Juventus and sant Doria FS two A forty five, Saudi being simulcast and being an Espanol ESPN Deportise it is a quadruple header of Laaliga eight ten, fifteen, twelve thirty and three Fox Deportees simulcasting Syria noon and two forty five plus De Saudi Gold, TV Atletico Ugnon Universit dot Co tolcause it's seven. Telemundo has Liga MX at eight, with Guadalajara in Santos Laguna two to NA cruse Asul and at LASS at ten o'clock. Universo Guadalajara Santos Laguna at eight, Univision cruz Asul and at Lass at ten. ESPN Plus Belgian Pro League at noon, air of VIZ twelve forty and three FA Cup starting at seven o'clock in the morning on Saturday, and there's an ish ton of games three, six, nine, twelve, fourteen at seven o'clock, followed by two at twelve forty and three at one o'clock. Bundesliga five matches at nine twenty on Saturday morning, and it is one at twelve twenty with Bunching Gladbeck in Bayron Munich, LaLiga quadruple header, Lalliga two at twelve twenty on the Plus, Malaga and Deportiva La Coruna. Women's once again Feminina nine o'clock in the morning on Saturday, come on in Fiordentina, League two, Siria and Scottish Premiership on Paramount Plus on Saturday. Peacock has Guadalajara Santos Laguna, so that should get you through your snow day once again. Remember next week, we're at the beach, so it'll be Pastel's behind me, but we'll still do the show. Abe Gordon will be joining us to bat lead off on Monday to talk about things. They'll be broadcasting live from the Children's South Cavertlanta training Ground by the way, so we're gonna do Abe segment early and he'll be on in two places at once. Literally, he will be on Children's South Caretlanta training ground live while he's on with us on tape on Monday. And Bart's like busy in things and so he's got stuff to do business wise, so Bart will not be joining us.
Speaker 2: Umharumph.
Speaker 1: Fa Cup does definitely need a golosso show ropes. You are absolutely correct, and we would be the ones to do it, so that would be fun. So let me say hi to everybody before we get out of here and see if I missed everybody. So morning four card, four card got like four inches. Morning Michael, Morning Abby, And I'm trying to go back and see.
Speaker 2: If I missed anybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's morning Pars, Morning Alex, Morning Michael, Morning Abby. I saw Jordan had popped in this morning morning Ricky. Ricky was out playing in the snow. Let's see, so morning Abbey, Morning d Graham, Morning Andy King. Terminal objectives or enabling objectives, Absolutely true. Let's see morning Jordan. Snow's note joke. He drove to the garage of his gym so it's not exposed to the elements. Absolutely fantastic idea. Bart wants a game scheduled at home around April twenty six to April thirty so he can attend, I guess in high Point, so that'd be kind of cool. Let's see.
Speaker 2: So, morning Jordan, Morning Ropes, Morning Unk. So let's see.
Speaker 1: And I know that you guys in the twitch pitch were discussing Kyogo and the article and all of that stuff. Alex is a part of the Premier League discussion this morning and all of all that. Let's see. That's a morning Bart, Morning Jordan, Morning Tom.
Speaker 2: Let's see what was see.
Speaker 1: Let's say there's Ropes, and there's Alex, Dean Graham, the keyboard, Bart, Abby, Alex, Ropes, all of you guys talking. This is fantastic. I love it when you guys do this. Yes, so Ropes, glad to see you as well.
Speaker 2: All right, so.
Speaker 1: That's it for another week, and thanks for putting up with us and going over because there's a lot of information that we had to get into once again thanks to Donovan Riggot's up at Carolina Core, thanks to Michael Parkers, thanks to Jared, thanks to all of y'all. And so what that means is is that we come back here nine oh five.
Speaker 2: Just be safe. Please, just be safe. That's all I want. Be safe.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your time, enjoy the snow, enjoy your animals frolicking about if this is what they wish to do. And may your power stay on the entire time because it's supposed to be dicey tonight and early tomorrow as we try to make our way out of town to go to the beach, so we'll see what happens there. Once again, couldn't do this with without all of yous and thanks for being a part of this, especially on a snow day where pictures are very pretty. But we've got to stay safe and not be dangerous out there. So that'll do it nine oh five again tomorrow or tomorrow, wow, on Monday morning, we'll be doing it from the beach, So play it safe. Everybody moved your platyall, since that means it is a Friday. We play ourselves out this way.
Speaker 11: The keys stick it into our fingers. Equipment started asking us questions, and our papers sent electric shocks just threw our body like a candle prod out in the warehouse. The trucks kept banging into the docks, not even thinking about stopping. Our frail bodies were strapped.
Speaker 2: To the chairs, and our chairs.
Speaker 8: Were chained to the desks.
Speaker 11: Our please for justice were ignored, and the end seemed near. But we busted our slave drivers, little bitty balls. We've udged high their breakftress the streets, our horsby guys yets Friday Fridayday.
Speaker 2: The didn't have