Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: Undoing you crazy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, we're moving right along here, and we're basically reacting to what happened today in well happened today in Moscow and in Washington. President Trump and President Putin spent ninety minutes on the phone this morning. Sounded like they were there from about ten o'clock until eleven thirty whatever, ninety minutes, and there seems to be at least the beginnings of an agreement. Apparently Russia has agreed. To let me make sure I characterized this correctly. This is from the White House readout. It said Russia the leaders agreed that the movement to peace will begin with an energy and infrastructure ceasefire, as well as technic negotiations on implementation of a Maritimes ceasefire in the Black Sea. Black Sea very is very important to Russia. Full ceasefire and permanent peace. The first step is to stop hitting one another's energy, infrastructure, energy and infrastructure. That's a step, small step, but a step in the right direction. So my question is are you optimistic? Who do you trust? So far, most of the people who have called have said they don't trust Putin. I suspected more of you would say that you don't trust either. But sometimes it's the interest of it's in the mutual interest of two countries, in this case Russia and the United States, to try try to end hostilities between one of those two countries and a third party here Ukraine. So that's where it is. I wish I had something more specific to offer. I just want to hear from you six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty one line there. Six one, seven, nine three, one, ten thirty. It's kind of a deep topic, but I think my audience is capable of handling this topic. I want to know if you are encouraged by a ninety minute phone conversation that also apparently was parenthetically a conversation that talked about maybe the National Hockey League teams, probably like an all star team play against the Russian Professional Hockey League, the Continental League khal KHL. I don't think that the Russian team would do particularly well because a lot of the Russians are over here, as I think we know. But sometimes sports becomes the bridge to piece. It's it's it's true. Let's go to Robert in Boston. Robert, you're gonna start us off this hour. Thanks for your patience you held through the newscast.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, Robert, Yeah, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear you? Find circle right ahead.
Speaker 4: No, I just got this.
Speaker 3: It may sound kind of uh strange or just comical, but I'm thinking, like, these guys are fighting so much, right, why don't they just go three of them get in the ring like they didn't the old day, fight it out, and whoever win got the decision.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that in the old days, maybe that happened when uh so, when when the Visigoths ended up uh in a war with someone I don't know, I don't know who they who, the visi Goths would take it over by.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah, they're acting like but but but Trump and all of them are acting like they're the gods of the of the world and they're just human being.
Speaker 1: They are just human beings. But I'll tell you there's been a lot of human beings going back to you know, Hannibal and the elephants crossing the Alps, and Julius Caesar and all the way up to modern day. I think what you're saying is wonderful to think that somehow we would pick our top fighter. I think they did that. It was a rocky movie, if I'm not mistaken. I mean, it's the movies. But it's the movies, but it's not real life.
Speaker 5: Let them slugged it out and whoever comes out of winner. That's what the decision is, all right, that's they're making. Making it too complicated, and too many people are dying.
Speaker 1: Like you know, there's a lot of people who are dying, a lot of property that has been destroyed, there's no question about that.
Speaker 3: And they have they have no sympathy or compassion for people's lives. I mean, you can't take people's lives.
Speaker 4: And you're not God.
Speaker 3: God is God, and God is looking all of this is happening.
Speaker 4: He doesn't like it.
Speaker 1: Well, you look, it's happening all over the world. It's happening all over the world. It's human nature. You see it in you see it in the Middle East. You see it in Iran. They want nuclear weapons and their theocrats. You see it everywhere. Unfortunately, I guess that's that's that's the way the world will end. Someday will blow ourselves up. But let's hope not. Let's see what we can do to me.
Speaker 3: I have many grandkids and they need to live a.
Speaker 6: Mary free life.
Speaker 1: Not yes, so far I only got one. But I join you, Robert, I join you in that in that wish. Hey, have you called the show before? Is this your first time?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 6: I call it before one time?
Speaker 1: Well, do me favorite coming back more often? Okay? Thanks Robert, talk to you. Thank you, Yes, sir, you as well, Thank you, my friend. Good night. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty. Triple eight nine two nine ten thirty is one line at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Let's keep rolling here, and I want people waiting around. Let's go to Bow and holding Massachusetts. I know we're holding. Is hi Bo welcome? How are you? I can guarantee Bo has never called the show before because I do not remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah before, No, I tell me okay, okay, and I remember my European accent.
Speaker 1: Yes. But the only other Bow I've ever I've ever met with were not met herd Of was a guy pitch for the Who's That Both?
Speaker 4: Eric?
Speaker 1: Well, No, I never met Bo Derek. No, No, I didn't even think of Bo Derek. There was a picture for the Angels way back in the day called Bo Bolinski, so that's the third we got both from holding Bo Bolinsky and both Derek. So what's your thought, Bo? What's your thought?
Speaker 4: First of all, there are there are two things I want to say here, and I hope I'm not out of place. First of all, any initiative for peace, it's not more than welcome, it's fantastic, right. So what our president is doing is I think the right thing. Now, do we trust Puttin? Do we don't trust Putting? That's a different story. Of course, we don't trust who don't trust anybody?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: And you're of our readers, probably we don't trust Putting. But the initiative for peace is a very well come thing. The second thing I wanted to say, it's and again I don't want to sound out of place, but how many people can they? And some they are your listeners. Can they even point to Ukraina is on the map? You know?
Speaker 1: Not many?
Speaker 7: Do they know?
Speaker 4: Not many? They know about the history of Soviet Union, how these republics were pretty much created, what the conflicts are, what the ethnical problems are in there? I can tell you I'm Romanian, and the Romanians they have no rights in Ukrainia. They don't have charges they are not allowed to speak Romanian. And actually, by the Ribnrop Molotov part in nineteen forty a part of Romania was give on to Ukraine. It's called the Nor. I can check it with a big majority of Romanian population that they have no rights and they will never have rights in there. And now Ukraina wants to join European Union, wants to join NATO. I mean, it's a joke. This is a joke, this is a fund.
Speaker 1: Well Ukraine one, well, wait, hold on both for a second. I'm very empathetic to what you say, and I'm so respect Look, I know I don't know a lot about Eastern Europe compared to you, but I certainly know Bucharest is the capital of Romania.
Speaker 8: Yes I have.
Speaker 1: I have walked by Romanian soldiers in Poland in the nineteen eighties when I was covering Poland for WBS TV, and I must tell you the Romanian soldiers, now again, this was this was before the wall fell. They scared the heck out of me. I'll tell you, man, they looked at me like, what are you doing here? It's my only, my only interchange with with Romanians. But but before that's before the wall fell. And look the Romanian people. I have subsequently met Romanians who are amazing people. So I have all the respects of your world for you and and for people from Romania to have undergone, undergone what you did undergo. I mean, it was horrible. I have a friend of mine who talked to me about what it was like to live under the boot of the Soviets. Uh that that people, Yes, it was not easy at all, So I agree.
Speaker 4: I only to remember that, and to remember the revolution in eighteen nine, to remember the fail the fall of the Soviet Union, the fall of the Eastern Blow, the fall of the Warsaw Pact, and to remember all the and to remember actually the light which came from the United States when Vegan was president and Gormachos president, which is Parastroika, and to remember that there was hope. Probably now there is hope again. Let's let's thing like this, there is hope again. Maybe Trump and put In they can do what Gorbachev and Ronald Reagan they did. And then of course George w Having George Bush the father did let me let me ask you both questions with in the two countries.
Speaker 1: Tell me, were you there when Siasco Madi states.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was in the street, I was in the seat. I was seventeen years old. I was in the streets.
Speaker 1: Yes, good for you.
Speaker 4: I was in the military from ninety one to ninety three, then for the Internal Ministry in Romania. I did my mandatory military service. Then I came to United States in ninety five and I became a United States citizen. And I tell you what I don't feel an next part. I feel that this is my country. And whenever I come back from Romania, I can tell you I kissed the ground. I kissed the ground in Logan Airport. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this, bo, you are. You are my sort of American, okay. I was lucky enough to be born here, okay. And I have tremendous respect for people like you who come here from other countries around the world where living was probably a lot more difficult than it is here. But come here legally and and say what you just said. I mean, you lived under the boot of the Chichesco family, and your family lived under the boot of Chichisco family, and we can never we can never ever understand how you and your and your family and your country people survived. I have a friend who's Romanian, and he told me how that his father was uh was was an enemy of the state, and how that some of his best friends basically squealed on him, told the block commanders that that his father was not supporting Chizesco and hit their family paid for it. So I know I know, not from firstthand experience, but from hearing from people like you and this other friend of mine what it was like to liver under a communist dictatorship. So thank you for calling this show, and I hope you'll call more off and I joined and a hope piece that we can give piece a chance. Thanks bol, Thank you so much. I really am honored that you would call.
Speaker 7: Thank you, my friend, thank you, thank you, good night, by good night.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'll tell you that's a great call. When you listen, when you realize the experience that that man has had, it's it's it's extraordinary. The only line open right now was six one, seven, nine thirty.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm beginning to hear some people who are hopeful. I want to hear from you, whether you're hopeful or not. But we have to we have to hope, hope that somehow the situation where you can be resolved and that the killing can stoff. And also we have to make sure that Putin complies with whatever peace agreement might be agreed upon, simple as that. We'll be back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Back to the phones. We're talking about this ninety minute telephone conversation between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin today, presidents of Russia and the United States, talking about Ukraine, how to get a ceasefire in place and perhaps end the hostilities. I don't want to sound overly optimistic. I think there might have been a step or two in the right direction today, and we should applaud that. We don't have to you don't have to be a Trump supporter to applaud that. But I think, if, if, if we can structure something that gives Zelensky confidence and provides enough structure so that Putin will live by whatever he agrees to, maybe somehow, some way peace might break out. I'm hopeful. I'd love to know what all of you think, and if you want to comment on Trump or Putin here, that's fine. I can understand some of you might like neither. I get it. Roger in Foxborough, Roger, next time nights. I go right ahead.
Speaker 9: I haven't talked in a while.
Speaker 1: Dan, Well, Roger, we're here every night for you. Nice to talk with you tonight. We what's your take on this?
Speaker 4: I'm been busy.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, I found it was interesting. One of the first people to visit Trump when he took office was Prime Minister Modi of India. Yes, and the Indians have a great concern here. They're you know, they look upon the European colonialist oppressors. And for Trump to separate himself from the Europeans really makes it gives an interesting dynamic to this whole thing, saying, hey, you know, we're not dealing with him. This is between US and Russia. These other people they can sort things out for themselves.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had not thought of that like that. When when you bring the Modi and I think that mody.
Speaker 9: And trust he's on the work against China.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And this is the thing is if we can if we I'm not saying I want to see Putin benefit from this, but if if he can accept a limited piece of some sort a lot of people in Russia might sit down and have a beer with Ukrainians and say what was it all about, and then maybe decide maybe putin. He's wagging the dog with this war. If we can get him to back down on this war, even if it's only temperary, even if he thinks he's gonna come back later and do something, he may not see. You know, every dog is his day, but his day might be done, you know after this. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, I know that that I believe that he There were there were reports a couple of years ago that he had a some sort of disease and they were they were looking at pictures of him. So, like anyone else, he's mortal. He's only going to be here for so long.
Speaker 9: And I think, as I say, if if Russia just goes to hell and the Europeans think they're just going to come in and you know, loot the place, you know, their resources and stuff, Indy, China's going to move in. But like I say, if we try to be fair to the Russian people, never mind putin just the Russian people, India would back us against China and they would be willing to say. But if it's just another European colonialist power grab here. Ultimately, India might say the hell with y'all, We'll let China do it, and and then we've got China fifty miles away from Alaska, not Russia, you know.
Speaker 6: And yeah, that's why I don't think that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's going to happen. I think that that whenever Putin US either leaves office or is removed from office, there will be probably another hardline of replacing him, unless the generals, the Russian generals are so angry at Putin at the way I mean, Russia was at odds on favored to roll into Ukraine that didn't happen, so so food and underestimated Ukraine's ability to stand up.
Speaker 6: Now it was definitely there.
Speaker 9: Approx was up to me, I would have just said, you violated the buddhifest Achords. They get their nuclear weapons back, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that I just want to know.
Speaker 9: I couldn't never, I could never hate the Russian people. I got to go there when I was a kid and meet some people, and you know, I mean, who would have thought Bresnev was a reformer? But when I was there in winter of seventy four. You know, it was like there were people they're willing to talk about stuff they probably would have been shot for talking about ten years before.
Speaker 1: How did you without don't give me any deep dark family secrets here, but how was it that you could be in Russia as a kid in nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 9: Well, I was fifteen and I had my I had my sixteenth birthday in Moscow, I had a potty and I went over on a trip. A friend of mine's mother was a teacher in the Math Teachers Association with sponsoring a journey over there for winter vacation, and and so it was, you know, the Communist Party was and we were like guests of honor because we were from Massachusetts and at the time, Massachusetts, you know, everybody was singing the Beg song Massachusetts. It was the biggest hit in the country, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean it was like, well, Russia is one country that I have never never visited.
Speaker 9: I know, you were on a trip there a couple of years ago, and then everything went to went to everything exactly in a handbasket.
Speaker 1: We were we were thinking about that we had done a trip down the Danube River. Yea, I remember you talking about it a lot of and and we were going to try try to pull together something which would include Moscow in Saint Petersburg, and obviously the international events overtook it. In Americans, I.
Speaker 9: Mean, I mean, I could never hate those people, you know, because like from my experience, you know, they were they were just as likely to question in their government. Is that's it's just a question of what can you do? How can you change things?
Speaker 1: What we have under the boot of a dictatorship. And unfortunately, if you lived in Russia, even when you were there, there were KGB people everywhere, there were people spying on every It was it was a horrible place to be.
Speaker 9: It's like what they were saying, but.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like what Cuba is today. And young Americans have no idea about what it was like. I mean, this was you know, Hitler horrible, horrible, but Joe Stallen equally horrible. Would people forget that it was Stalin and Hitler who signed the Russian German packed in nineteen thirty nine in which.
Speaker 6: They did Poland. Did you know they were there were.
Speaker 9: Jews fleeing the Russian occupied Poland to get to the German side, even though they knew how bad it was over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I did not know that, but I'm sure that it was.
Speaker 9: It was. It sounds totally insane.
Speaker 10: But.
Speaker 1: Roger, interesting experience. Let me ask you what you had an interesting experience at the age of sixteen to be in Russia nineteen seventy four. What sort of work did you end up doing? Did I did you end up becoming a teacher? Well?
Speaker 9: I work in a library. Let's say, I thought, I really can't talk about it. I work in a library, and I was kind of involved in had extra library privileges then because I was involved in model Congress and high school. So I kind of I've always loved books, and I just so I work in I work in the let's just say I work. I have access to things that most people don't have access to.
Speaker 1: We'll leave it at that. We'll let people's imagination run wild. Roger call more often, will you? You're an interesting guy? Thank you very much?
Speaker 6: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a good one. Good night. Six one seven four ten thirty one line there six one seven nine three one ten thirty. We're talking about I mean today, we may look back on today and say that was the moment in time when a peace agreement, uh was was begun. That's what I'm I'm looking for tonight. Now. I know there are those who are skeptical. I'm somewhat skeptical, but it's a better big day. And I uh, ninety minutes for Putin and Donald Trump to be on the phone with one another for ninety minutes. What do you read into it? Coming back on Night's Side, I hope to talk about this till eleven. If not, I got another topic we can throw out there. But this to me is interesting because the world is changing, folks, whether you realize it or not. The world is changing. And you may have seen the world click a little bit today in my opinion, But I'd love to hear from you. Your opinion is what interests me. You've heard mine.
Speaker 2: Coming back on Night Side, You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, full lines. I like that. Let's keep rolling here, Gonna go next to Robert and Wellesley. Robert, are you optimistic? Here? Go right ahead?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 11: Well, Dan, maybe I could go with Ronald Reagan's philosophy of trust but verified and I think and the adage of if if both sides are talking there there is hope. And I also have a comment with regards to your one of your callers suggesting that we have a contest like a boxing match or something between uh, between two leaders and ever since the biblical story of David versus go if I don't know, there will be too many kickers on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know that. Well, you know we've had some of those things. Was it Alexander Ham Hamilton and Aaron Burr? It didn't that work out too well? Not mistaken? Yeah, so yeah, I mean, interesting idea, and it would be lovely, but I don't know, you want to put the fate of a nation between you know, a mortal battle here. I just thought it was an interesting, interesting suggestion by Robert, But we kind of that sort of thing works in the movies, not in real life. But I'm with you on this, trust but verify and as long as they're talking there, as long as they're talking talking, there's some hope. So I'm with you. I'm writing the money with you. Thank you much, Thank you. All right, talk, So we're going to go next to who we got here, Jim and Saugus. Jim, you were next to Night said welcome. Hello, Jim, good sir, what's your take here, Jim?
Speaker 10: Uh? My take is this, I spent a lot of time in Ukraine. Uh, volunteered there, Yes, yes, and I've seen first chance. Uh what Putin has done and the fact that our president is even going to entertain some kind of ceasefire is insane. So Zelenski has said that he will go for a thirty days ceasefire, right and Putin has said no, I'm not going to do that. But yet, Yeah, I don't know. We want to somehow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's let's let's let me ask you this. When was the last time you were in Ukraine.
Speaker 10: I've never been to Ukraine, so I was there last October twenty twenty four, all right, and what was the spirit?
Speaker 1: What was the spirit of the people when you were there? I know how long you were there. But to get a chance to talk to the Ukrainian people, are they tired? Are they are they intent on continuing this? What? What's the spirit there?
Speaker 10: At this point time? They have a great spirit in Ukraine and they are going to fight for their country. They are not going to put up with somebody invading their country.
Speaker 6: Like pop has started.
Speaker 11: Okay, I think yet.
Speaker 10: We can't forget that he invaded their country.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's no question about it. There's no question about that. That's indisputable. There's no no question about that. But my question to you is this. Okay, now, I know you probably are not a fan of Donald Trump, which is fine, but what would did you like to see Trump do? Well, what would you like to see the United States do, if anything, to try to bring the hostilities to uh close? What do you think should be if anything?
Speaker 10: Yeah, what should be done is to tell them to retreat from the country, go back to their own country. And that the Ukrainians say, like the way they want to live.
Speaker 1: So how do you do that? How do you do how that? That's an interesting theory. How do you make that reality?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 10: I think what we do, which you put pressure on them, Right, so we've retreated from our allies that have been trying to put pressure on Russia could get out of there. Now the United States is saying they're not going to condemn what has happened over the last three years. Right in that Nations vote, we voted with Belarus, we voted but North Korea, and we voted with Russia. So who are we as a country right now.
Speaker 4: I okay, get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So again I'm asked. What I'm trying to get at is this, Uh, maybe we would have been better to have Joe Biden. I think you think probably Biden did a great job in terms of Ukraine.
Speaker 6: Oh god, no, look, okay, good enough.
Speaker 10: I am not by any stretch of the emn redstret Republic in my whole life.
Speaker 1: Ragon Okay, no problem, no, Probert, that's fine, that's fine. My question is this, Okay, when Trump was president from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty one, how many countries did Putin invade?
Speaker 10: Scarcely Da? Why while they were dancing with each other?
Speaker 9: Seriously, No, I'm asking I'm asking that.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking you as an honest question. Okay, how many countries you could use your advance? You can use your answer advantageously if you want so. None, Joe Biden watched the Russian troops mass on the border and they evaded. And I think Biden did a fairly good job under the circumstances of the invasion. I've said that publicly. I won't back down that. Now, maybe maybe Putin looks at Trump a little differently than he looks at Biden. Do you think that's possible or no?
Speaker 10: Oh, he definitely does.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now do you think if he was looking at Trump as a patsy, how many countries should have putin invaded when Trump was president the first time?
Speaker 10: No, she never would have done it under Trump. Do you understand that he never would have acquiesced? And so he was waiting Trumpets set him up, and then when Biden was president that was his time to go in. He's not going to do it under Trump? He didn't he And do you think that he's really going to exit Ukraine under Trump? No? What's going to happen is he's gonna I don't know that he has right now? Okay, do you know the end that he that Russia has right now?
Speaker 9: When you're great, I want to know you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dun dumbass region in the east. Yes, I'm a little familiar with that. Familiar.
Speaker 10: So what's going to happen to ye? Now they're going to come to some settlement. Now, he took over PRIMEA right now, he's going to take.
Speaker 1: Over second when did he take over CRIMEA?
Speaker 10: Oh twenty fourteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and who was president that right? I know that that, but the audience doesn't Obama.
Speaker 10: That was Obama of course said Okay, Trina was in a back off.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 10: Now he's They're in other areas probably, and let them.
Speaker 1: Know you're not. Yeah, Jim, you're making my argument for me here. You're making it too easy. What I'm saying is maybe maybe Putin looks at Trump with a little bit of apprehension. He didn't have a lot of apprehension when Obama was president fourteen. Okay, why are you laughing at that? I mean, are you laughing at what?
Speaker 10: Putin is not looking at Trump with apprehension?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: What what? What do you think? How do you think he what do you think he thinks he's going to get out of Trump? I mean, if he thought Trump was a patsy, why didn't he invade you Ukraine in twenty seventeen, eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 10: Or twenty because now he has control over it and now.
Speaker 1: So he waited for Trump to leave the White House. Jim, think, Jim, you're making my argument. Don't make it so easy. He waited until Trump left the White.
Speaker 10: House made Yeah, listen to my argument.
Speaker 1: I'm here in your argument. But you you were telling me at this point that somehow after Biden allowed this to occur. Now Trump has to clean up Biden's mess. At least he's talking to to Putin today. I know you don't have any faith in him. I don't have a lot of faith in him, but at least I have a little bit of faith that maybe, maybe, maybe in some weird way, Putin is a little apprehensive of Trump, that Trump's the more of a wild card than Biden was. That's all. Hey, I got to run because it's I got a break, Jim, thank you very much for me. Well, I appreciate you too as well. It was it was a good conversation. At least I felt it was. I hope you did as well. Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 10: No I did you? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Good night, good night. We'll take a break. I got Mike in West Roxbury, I got down in Indiana, I got Steve in New York. And I even get a couple more in if you want, try six one, seven thirty or six months. The only two lines are six one seven thirty? What am I saying? Not even reading my own screen?
Speaker 2: Be back right after this now, back to dan Way line from the Window World Nights Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: We're getting everybody in here. Let's go first to Mike and west Roxbury. Mike, you next on nightside.
Speaker 6: Welcome over going.
Speaker 1: Going fine for me? How's it going for you?
Speaker 6: A little bit of a call, though, I'll live. Okay, So I want I want to go back all wave here. Okay, sure, okay's probably been been. Everyone's been pondering this far such a while. Now let's go back to what was the original reason. I have my thoughts for this, Okay, what was the original reason Putin went In told his commanders general to go call over the border.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Putin has always said that the greatest uh disaster of the twentieth century was the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Do I think that he thinks he can put the Soviet Union back together? No, But I do think that he wants to to protect Mother Russia.
Speaker 6: Somewhat and in the formans right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the Dambas region on the eastern part of Ukraine is predominantly Russian for a number of reasons, and he felt that he had from his perspective that that he had a responsibility to restore that part of Ukraine to right. That's why he invaded. Now, if he liked to have won and installed a puppet in Ukraine like he has in Belarus, absolutely, But I think that's the reason for the for the evasion. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Now here's my anything. We're in the twenty first century with twenty twenty five, okay, right, You would think he would he would. I mean, unless he's wacked or has sometimes mental derangement or whatever. You would think a lot of people would say, you know what, live and let live, leave it alone.
Speaker 1: But he's a kg B guy. He's a kg B guy entre life. Yeah, you know, so he was just going to say what we're dealing with here. I don't know that he's going to have some sort of miraculous transition in his seventies to become John Lennon if you you know, and seeing you know, imagined.
Speaker 6: But I mean, if he's looking, are you still there, dad?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I am a listener. Yeah, I'm listening.
Speaker 6: If he's looking to be you know, some type of a monifor for for his country, I mean maybe a small percentage might might might might call along with it, But I I think he's pursuing it the wrong way. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I absolutely think he's pursuing it the wrong way. But here's where we are. How do we how do we turn this back back? And I'm hoping that the start of a conversation today might begin a process that somehow, some way, because look, this thing could could have been exploded the last three years if we had made a mistake, if they had hit NATO troops, then you know, this is a disaster waiting to happen.
Speaker 6: Oh I would have it would have been held to pay. Oh my god, we would We would have had multiple black eyes figuratively speaking. But you know what I think has to happen, And and this happened slightly about a year ago. If you recall one, a lot of Russian troops wouldn't gates are certain a certain groups, whether it's bell Rus or Crimea or wherever it was. Okay, well, I think it has to happen. Everybody has to. Russia has to just lay down their arms and say, you know what, guys, we don't want to do this anymore. But then the Putin would have their heads probably exactly.
Speaker 1: I think that's a pipe dream, but it's a wonderful pipe dream. Hey, Mike, I gotta run. Thanks so much for calling. I was a great hear from my West Roxbury listeners. Thanks man, talk to you soon. Cool, good night. Let's go to Steve in New York. Steve want to get you, Dawn and Jean and so Gret ahead Steve.
Speaker 7: All right, so I got thirty seconds then, right, Dan, I'm not gonna I give you more than.
Speaker 11: I know you will.
Speaker 7: So chill on to you and you listen as I have to say that firsthand, Putin cannot be trustedn't we know that? And you know that, and I know you're a ray man like me. You remember everything that pretty much anybody says to you, and you absorber. So I'm gonna do a refresher course that again, World War three will be at the Euphraid's River because it is drying up. Two hundred million soldiers will die. Whether God has just the Chinese military or North Korea or a combination, but that will happen. We're in the birth banks of the end times, meaning you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why you want to go there with this this late in the show.
Speaker 7: Okay, what's your question.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest with you. I I have no idea.
Speaker 7: What you're talking about, Well, the book, the Revelation, that's very comforting. I just want to comfort comfort your listeners.
Speaker 1: Wells are here that you think that's going to comfort my listeners?
Speaker 7: Well, well, yeah, the Revelation explains Dan what's gonna happen. So it's comforting.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm going to do a show at some point on the.
Speaker 7: Bible and that would be great.
Speaker 4: That'd be great, and I.
Speaker 1: Want you to call in. Okay, but tonight we're gonna stick with Trump and food O. Thanks man, all.
Speaker 7: Right, you can't be trusted, that's my point.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with you on that. I absolutely agree with you on that. Thank you so much. Good night. Let me go to dawn in Indiana. Don No Bible talk, go ahead down.
Speaker 8: All right, no no Bible talking. Deed. You know, I was inspired to listen. I got on the radio late, but I was inspired because this afternoon I heard you theorize about Trump and Putin winning the Nobel Peace Prize, and I have to say, kind of infuriated me. But maybe that's the wrong term. Cuton absolutely cannot rend the Peace Prize for ending even if he does, and the war that he started by invading Ukraine. That's that's just it can't be.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's a solid Look, that's a solid argument. I can't disagree with that. I simply sometimes say things that that I want people to think and respond to. And you did that, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Yeah. And of course some of the other things like, uh, you know, let's put him in the ring and fight it out.
Speaker 1: That wasn't my suggestion, Robert from Boston.
Speaker 8: But you remember how Zolensky uh replied to Trump. You know, I'm not playing a game, and you know that goes along with refuting all of that. But anyway, one thing that I wanted to point out, I could say, I'm slightly more hopeful than I was yesterday because it doesn't sound like Trump gave up as much as I feared he might have. But this afternoon I caught a uh a broadcast uh on the internet. But the Times of London was comparing the readout of that call between that which was produced by the Americans and by the Russians, and uh.
Speaker 1: They're always going to be They're always going to be different.
Speaker 8: Well okay, but so here goes Putin, among other stipulators, said that for this to occur, there must be a complete cessation of all arms supplies and all intelligence supplied to the Ukrainians. Now, that did not appear anywhere in the US read out, and it's a pretty significant qualifier.
Speaker 1: Of course it is. Of course, it's called negotiations. That's all. You got to start somewhere. I didn't expect Putin to say we are going to withdraw all our troops, mister Trump, because we made a mistake. We never should have invaded. That's not the way it goes. So keep be hopeful. Just let's be hopeful again.
Speaker 7: I am slightly more hopeful than I was.
Speaker 1: But good down. Thanks, don talk soon, have a great night. Done for the night, Rob Brooks, thank you, Maria, thank you. Thank all the callers, all the listeners, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pal, Charlie ray Is the past fifteen years ago in February. That's why all your pets are who had passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope see and tomorrow night on Nightside. Have a great Wednesday everyone, and you can find me on Facebook Nightside with Dan ray In about two minutes and I got some interesting news for you.