Speaker 1: You're listening to episode seventy four of GameSpot After Dark aka the After Dark Awards Special.
Speaker 2: Let's get going.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to episode seventy four of Game Spot After Dark, the first episode of twenty twenty one. Hopefully it's a better year this year, but we'll we'll find out, I guess, but we're right. It's actually not twenty twenty one yet for us. We're recording this on December twenty first. We're trying to close off, tie up all those loose ends we can before we go on break. But anyway, joining me this week is Cali Plagy. Hello, shenleigshypeke Hi, and Ben Jenka.
Speaker 3: Howdy, Ben, you have a magnificent beard.
Speaker 4: It's looking it's gone out of control. I've been doing a wild test to just not shave it the whole time we've been locked away. I'm tired of it. But it's here and I'm living with it, I guess, But yeah, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: This is the first time I've seen your face in a really long time.
Speaker 4: It has been a while. I'm happy to see all of you guys. It's been a bit, it's been a while, but we're we're here.
Speaker 1: Well, if we didn't have a very specific goal, I guess for today's episode, I would definitely title this episode Ben's Beard. Unfortunately, we have the Game Spot after Dark Awards to get through. How this works, I honestly couldn't tell you. We kind of came up with this last minute. But the idea is is that we've picked a bunch of categories with the help of our Discord community, and we were going to go through these and give out Game Spot after Dark Awards. Now, a couple things to remember, this is completely unofficial. We've already done our Game of the Year awards. Half Flight Folex are Game of the Year, we have our Top Tens, We've done our Best Movies and TV Shows and Entertainment awards as well on the universe side.
Speaker 2: This is just for fun.
Speaker 1: The other thing to remember is that we're not gonna sit here and deliberate what game wins each segment a lot. We're just this is more just so we can highlight a lot of these games that may not fit your traditional Game of the Year categories or awards necessarily. I mean, it's kind of weird because Game Spot we don't even really do categories, we just do best games on each platform rather than like best voice acting and stuff like that. So this will allow us to get into a little more nitty gritty, I guess you could say. And then the last thing is that there's a lot of categories, so we might have to burn through some of these.
Speaker 4: A bit quickly. It's understandable.
Speaker 2: But anyway, what do you think should we get started?
Speaker 3: Let's do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Callie, do you still want to be our announcer, lady, Yes, I would love to.
Speaker 2: All right, well, then take it away.
Speaker 3: For the award for Best Character Creator, the nominees are Demon Souls, Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven, Saints Roe, the Third Remastered Immortals. I didn't play this one.
Speaker 2: Complete that and.
Speaker 3: Black Ops question Mark, Yeah, we're gonna scrap Immortals because I don't think we played that one.
Speaker 5: I played Immortals. It's pretty basic that character creator. There's not much to it. There's nah, all right scrapped.
Speaker 2: I will say.
Speaker 1: I put Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven on here. Cally said she wasn't super impressed with it, and I don't think it should be the best Character Creator. But I did appreciate the fact that I finished Cyberpunk's Character Creator in like fifteen minutes. If that, I figured I'd be in there for two hours, and it just got me right into the game. So I thought that was kind of nice. And it wasn't like it didn't go super in depth, like how wide do you want the bridge of your nose to be and that kind of stuff. I just like slide a bunch and I'm like, okay, yeah, that's good and move on.
Speaker 5: That's why I respect it. An hour in it, I think, oh damn, go through it. Well. Like Georgia, my girlfriend's like loves character creators, so it's like every time there's a character creator, she's like, hand me the controller. We're doing this, And so it was like an hour of like comparing noses. We took notes like, okay, we like nose seventeen and six, and now let's compare them with mouths seven and two.
Speaker 2: Oh my argument falls flat then.
Speaker 5: But I also don't like Cyberpunk's Character Well and not I don't like it. I found it disappointing. I put Saints Throw the three Remastered in here because that game is ten years old and it still has a better Character Creator than cyberpunkt a good character It is amazing because that game lets you pick your body size, you can you can like it. It has a level of body customization I think Cyberpunk lacks. Also, Cyberpunk's colors are terrible. There's like the.
Speaker 2: Hair is good though, the hair is good.
Speaker 5: But then they have color options. They're all gradients. There's no like solid black. Like the black in that game is like a black green. There's no pure black. It's like infuriating. Like I know they're going to add more to that game, add more color combos.
Speaker 2: I think they got a long list of things to do first.
Speaker 3: I did, like I wanted to talk about Cyberpunk because I think there's definitely things to shout out about the character creator. Ash Parish at Kotaku did a review of the Character Creator where she highlighted the hairstyle options, so I think the actual hairstyles themselves. Ash called it like the best corn rows in any game. So there's like definitely some bright spots to that character creator. I think, yeah, the body stuff. I understand why there's only one body type because I think there's a lot of moving parts in Cyberpunk. But that's a little disappointing. I think, like the flexibility with how you create your characters disappointing, And I I do think like there's some issues with gender and gender non conforming and being gender not performing because I mean for multiple reasons. But I also think like Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven has gender locked options. Not even Animal Crossing does that. So I just wanted to say that, but I left Black Ops on here. John neu Grote be non binary for Ronald Reagan, which is funny, but I also think, like shout out to Black Ops for letting you be non binary. The only the extent of that is that characters will call you by the correct pronouns. Ronald Reagan actually doesn't refer to your character at all, I think, so he doesn't Ronald Reagan doesn't respect the queers anyway.
Speaker 5: So it's one of those things where it's like it's compared to other game maybe like there's not actually much to it, but it's like for a Call of Duty game, it's pretty interesting, but it.
Speaker 3: Is interesting because did you pick in that character creator You can pick like, like, first of all, I think it's really cool just for a first person game that like you can pick your skin tone because you'll see your hands, which I think is just like not super like maybe quote unquote important, but I think it is a nice gesture. And then I think it's really cool. You can pick like characteristics for your character at the beginning of that game that affect like how you play. So you get to pick two characteristics like professional or like I forget the names of them, but it's like unhinged or whatever.
Speaker 2: They're basically like Little Survivors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like Little Perks where it's like, oh, I I my bullets have FMJ basically, or like I picked the one I always go with Gung Ho and Call of Duty. So I was like, yeah, I want to be able to reload all I'm running because I don't know how to not do that. So shout out to Black Ops for those options.
Speaker 5: No, I agree.
Speaker 2: I like that stuff for me, though.
Speaker 1: The true winner here is Demon Souls because you can make that Kanye West faith build and it looks really good.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that game's character creator is real good yep.
Speaker 1: Or or you can make PP men as as Griffin and a Ppe person as Griffin, and Justin did in Monster Factory, which.
Speaker 2: Was pretty good.
Speaker 5: That's a very good atmos factory.
Speaker 2: Then how about you wish one of these stands out?
Speaker 4: So I think I've actually been like directly quoted at some point saying, man, I can't believe a Soul's game came up with a better character creator than a Giant rpguh. Yeah, because Demon Souls definitely outdoes Cyberpunk for me. But I'm I'm always gonna go to Saints Troke because I can make literally whatever I want in it and it's really neat, and beyond that, you've got all the different closed customization options too that you can see down the road unlockables. Even I just like making character in Saints Rowe a lot too. Yeah, so that's where I am. I think.
Speaker 5: Also, Saints Row does actually acknowledge if your character is trends.
Speaker 4: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 5: It's it's not as maybe overt as you'd want it to be, but the game because not to get to it ended, but in the original game you could only play a guy. There was no female option, and then they added a female option in two. But they canomically make it like, oh, your character had a sex change, like in surgery. So like they they actually the most woke game.
Speaker 3: Of well, I wonder, Yeah, I haven't played it myself. I'd be curious to hear people's thoughts on how that works. But yeah, at least like Cyberpunk doesn't acknowledge any of those things, which feels a little weird for sure.
Speaker 2: So Demon Souls or Saints Row the third.
Speaker 5: I put it in Saints Row, but it's like it should be Demon Souls, like.
Speaker 4: I can give it to.
Speaker 5: Like Saints Row. It's like I like the amount of options, but like, visually that game hasn't aged the best like de minesels look so good as far as like a next gen character creator, It's like, wow, you can make some really amazing or horrifying characters in this game.
Speaker 2: All right. Next one we have is Best Music.
Speaker 1: This one's a little weird because it's not really best original soundtrack or best licensed music. It's just like I put best music in there, and I just let people throw in whatever that they liked from this year, or just entire full length soundtracks as so, our nominees are CALLI.
Speaker 3: The nominees for best Music are Final Fantasy seven remake Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven, Tony Hawk's pro Skater one and two, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the Last of Us Part two. Yeah, becau is it like a Dragon? That one combat song with the Strider in Half Life Alex Animal crossing New Horizons, haities, This is the longest category. Virgil's Theme from DMC five. Uh, what is SP Special Editions?
Speaker 5: Why is it sp SP just special? Sorry? I guess I should have Special Special Pedition Virgil Special Package, and.
Speaker 3: Finally the Eleventh Hour Edition Final Fanish.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking about music a lot, and I was like, man, this should probably be there.
Speaker 2: Ben Ben added that as Calli was.
Speaker 4: Reading, I tried to do it before she got too close to the end of the list, but it's it's there. I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't even know how to start this.
Speaker 1: I will say ones that I am okay with kind of eliminating. I really like Tony Hawk's pro Skater one and two soundtrack, but I don't like I haven't listened to that since, and I don't know if I will again.
Speaker 2: Assassin's Creed Vahaala.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of songs I really like on that soundtrack, but I don't think.
Speaker 5: It is I think Tony Hawk. I agree with you on Tony Hawk. I would say it like does deserves a shout out for like the fact that they did get most of those license songs that people have a lot of nostalgia for in there, Like that's the one I was like Superman such a hit or miss thing when it comes to like remakes and like bringing in old tracks like or you know, you always hear stuff about like ah GTA had to patch out this one song like that kind of thing. Like, so I guess just shout out to them for like able to get all that stuff, like even though yeah, I agree, I don't necessarily listened to it all that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not only that too, but they did add a bunch of new tracks that that fits surprisingly well. Like I remember playing through that and being like, yeah, I remember this in the original, and then I looked it up and I was like, no, this song came out in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: There's no way it was in the original.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know where to go from there.
Speaker 5: Uh you put cyberpunk. Cyberpunk's weird to me because there's like two different soundtracks. There's like the like proper like game score, and then there's like the original all like songs that they had people make that like play the radio. Uh. And I would say for me, the I really like the original soundtrack, Like I say, like V's theme and like Johnny's theme. The theme is the theme that plays on the main menu. If you let that menu sit long enough, it's like, Oh, it's banger, absolute banger. The the radio stuff is like, I love that they made custom songs to like fit for night City, super hit or miss. For me, some of them are really good and some of them I'm like, nah, this is bad.
Speaker 1: The one I linked, though, has been in my head for weeks, and I think it's very good and that that song sound's good. There's even a Run the Jewels song in there that I really like. But I still think that song I linked is the best track I've heard on the radio so far. But yeah, I think you're right. I think the thing that really shines is the original soundtrack or the original score. But even then, I don't know if I would call that my favorite sound No.
Speaker 5: It's just got a couple of like really good standout ones.
Speaker 3: Can I add one more? The Black Ops cold War menu music, It's dope.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's actually pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we could probably eliminate Animal Crossing, Like I really like animal Crossing music, but I feel like it's a known quantity.
Speaker 5: Five PM theme slaps though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the.
Speaker 3: Two PM theme is Garbo.
Speaker 5: Have you heard Georgia was telling me about it. The three AM themes, yeah, where it's just like, yeah, it's like the game knows like you are delirious and decides to just join you.
Speaker 4: That's that's what all the weird stuff happens with the aliens and all that on TV though.
Speaker 5: Oh that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just imagine like a bunch of offbeat and like like out of tune instruments playing.
Speaker 5: Like basically that it's it's wild you should go a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I put Haites on this list because I think but like the music that plays when you start a run is still like it really pumps you up, and then like the battle music with different against the different like bosses is really strong. It's just like it's a good like kind of like rock soundtrack that doesn't come across as like too edgy or like we're trying to be too cool and metal like it's just like a good rock soundtrack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, Doom Maternal on this list.
Speaker 5: Do Maternal Soundtrack didn't speak out to me the way twenty sixteens did, like they're like twenty sixteen. I'll still listen to a couple of tracks. I'm like, ah, Spider Mastermind or you know, like BFG Division and like Do Maternal. I like that get quite a bit, but nothing about the soundtrack really stuck out to me, or the ones that did hit me were like remixes of twenty sixteen songs.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say it says a lot about Do Maternal Soundtrack for me when the standout soundtrack moment was pulling a song from twenty sixteen into that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's a little WellPoint.
Speaker 1: Well, Ben, you added Final Fantasy fourteen here last minute, let's hear it.
Speaker 4: It's still a lot of really good themes that they added, especially this year, and a lot of the patches with closing out the main story for Shadow Bringers that not as bad as like the ending credits theme for Near. But I can't listen to a lot of soundtrack without tearing up. They're very, very good songs. They not only slap, but they're emotionally charged, and that's what I looked for in my favorite type of music.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of fourteen, then we also have Final Fantasy seven remake here, which might be my favorite.
Speaker 4: Wall the wallbangers for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the music and that game is really good.
Speaker 1: Either that or Last of Us Part two I think are.
Speaker 2: The ones for me.
Speaker 1: But even Last of His Part two soundtrack doesn't hit as well as the original.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: I will say I really did like the songs they pulled because there's a Pearl Jam song in there, which of course I'm.
Speaker 4: A fan of.
Speaker 1: But also it introduced me to Crooked Still, which is an excellent group that I've been listening to quite often, and I just thought that music choice is really good.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know what are we gonna call this one.
Speaker 3: It really seems like Final Fantasy seven remake is like the runaway winner on this one.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to give a couple quickly, a couple of shoutouts to one. I want to say the Yaka is like a dragon soundtrack is fancy.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Uh, there's a lot of variety to it too, like the battle like like the battle music's great, but then you'll go to like a boss theme that has just like straight up dubstep in it, and you're like, what is happening? And then there's one track that people in the comments YouTube comments say is apparently just like a remix of like the Dragon Quest five battle theme or something. Really that's when people in the comments were claiming, and I was like, that sounds crazy and awesome.
Speaker 4: So I sears like the old old style song for when you fight some certain fights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like there's that soundtrack has a ton of variety to it that I think is super cool.
Speaker 3: We forgot Person of five Royal, oh shit.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. The new music A percent of five roils real good.
Speaker 3: New battle theme is so good.
Speaker 5: The battle theme is I think I like that battle theme better than.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'll add I'll add persona five Royal here, but we got to make a call, okay.
Speaker 5: Also, I just want to say Virgils theme from GAMEC five is amazing, very I don't know if you guys have heard it. It's it's Bury the Light. It's like it just sends you back to that like two thousand's middle school, like Edgy the Lincoln Park nonsense, and it's so so good, Like I love it, and and it that that game does the thing where like the music's all dynamic, like so it like kicks into different parts of the song as you get a better score. So when you get like your S rank, that's when like the chorus kicks in and you're like, yeah, you're like really feeling it, and I love I love that ship. It's so good.
Speaker 4: It's also a very good representation of that character. Yes, a lot of thought probably went into Matt.
Speaker 5: Matt Espinelli in our group chat wrote up like a whole like multiple paragraphs about how that game is like a good representation of Virgil's like backstory that I thought was like so good.
Speaker 3: Music too, He'll write, he'll write like an essay about music like just d MS.
Speaker 2: Get him to review soundtracks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, great, Okay, what are we feeling. I'm like, I'm good with still feeling. Go ahead, Ben, it was the same still feeling final Fantasy seven remake.
Speaker 5: If I was to say overall soundtrack, that's probably what I'd go for.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good at that. Yeah, Fantasy remake.
Speaker 5: Congrats Square real unofficial talk about on this list. I don't know who put it on here.
Speaker 4: I did a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I said there's there's a couple of tracks that I really like, but yeah.
Speaker 5: The only track I can remember in Assassin's Creed games now is.
Speaker 4: Just the because they just put it in every game from Soul Caliber.
Speaker 2: Uh, Kelly, take it away.
Speaker 3: The next category is best Confidante from Persona. Five royal nominees are Sogi Osakra he Fumi Togo, doctor Maruki, and tarnos Ky Yoshida aka Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I threw this in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what we're really judging this on, whether or not they're useful in the grand scheme of the game in terms of abilities you'll knock or if you.
Speaker 2: Just like them. Uh.
Speaker 5: I mean for me, it's weird because it's like, I guess, like Maruki was the one that stood out to me because he's one of like the new ones. But he's he's one of the cases where it's like you just are like a little like, okay, they're putting in these extra confidants to fill out the game. I feel like people have talked about this before where like you're a little hesitant of like okay, but then like it ends up his confidant, I feel like ends up adding feels very like important to the story in what they add, so it's more like, I guess shouts out for them, like doing that so well in a way where like I kind of wasn't expecting him to be so important.
Speaker 3: Yeah good, uh wow, I can't talk. He gives good bonuses.
Speaker 5: He gives good bonuses.
Speaker 3: He fu me is like the first thing you in lock with her is like getting to switch out a character mid battle, like as a party member mid battle, which is super super good. But also I love no good Torah because he believes in his beliefs.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: And the award goes to everyone.
Speaker 4: They're all the best.
Speaker 2: I'm cool with that. They're all They're all the best.
Speaker 3: Except except use k wait. Actually, can that be the winner? Everyone but you?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the winner, everyone but you?
Speaker 4: All right? Next up, nailed it.
Speaker 3: Best Celebrity at a Game. The nominees are Keanu Reeves Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven, Norman Retis, Death Stranding, I see we didn't abide by the this is not twenty twenty at all, Kit Harrington, Call of Duty, Infinite Warfare, Sean Bean, Oblivion, Sean Bean, hit Man two, Mary old Man, World at War, and Black Ops, Miracle Johnson, Yax of Zero, Ariana Grande, Final Fantasy, Brave x x Vus Sure, and Keith's David's Saints Bro. I get more confused the longer this list goes.
Speaker 5: First off, you can cut Miracle Johnson from becauses because that's not a real person.
Speaker 4: In our lives.
Speaker 3: I feel like we just give it to Keanu and yeah, can I just say, uh?
Speaker 5: Kit Harrington I actually thought was terrible at Infinite Warfare personally. I thought he was like really miscast in that game and like didn't bring anything to the table.
Speaker 1: I feel like whenever they get a celebrity in a Call of Duty game, it's usually.
Speaker 5: Kind of well, the best celebrity they've ever gotten is Kevin Spacey in Advanced Warfare, But Kevin space is canceled, so he doesn't deserve any awards.
Speaker 4: I don't know Sean Bean in Oblivion though, or hit Man two or hit Man David played two characters in the same franchise.
Speaker 5: That's nuts he played, Yeah, he did, one of them, being himself.
Speaker 4: Burt Reynolds is also in Saint's Row, which is as Burt.
Speaker 3: Reynolds did we what about Jack Black?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tony Hawk in Tony Hawks this year and Tony Jack.
Speaker 3: No one told me Jack.
Speaker 5: He's an unlockable character to Hawk. That's actually we should actually add that because that came up with last minute.
Speaker 4: Definitely put it in.
Speaker 2: He plays Officer Dick.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, last second submission. Taking the show, guys, I.
Speaker 3: Might actually play Tony Hawk's Pruce Skater.
Speaker 5: Is it able? Are you able to? Because he's really hard to unlock? Right? Can you just like to use a cheat code or anything?
Speaker 4: Together? I hope they.
Speaker 3: Grew up at the time the peak of skateboarding, so maybe you'll figure it.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do is just get it on PC and then download like a safe file, and you're set to go.
Speaker 5: Don't do anything easy. The virus surprising twist, Jack Black, best celebrity in a game. Let's go sorry?
Speaker 4: I love it all right?
Speaker 2: Are we gonna do this?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 2: Maybe two? Spoiler?
Speaker 1: We just have to avoid spoilers, but I think as is there's nothing spoilery just by reading it.
Speaker 5: Think it's okay? Yeah, yeah, sure.
Speaker 3: Favorite moment. The nominees are Storm King Fight, Demon Souls, Museum Trip, The Last of Us Part two, Wallmarket, Final Fantasy seven remake, Jeff half life Alex, I don't know what that means. First death, fasmophobia, the ending Man Eater Karaoke in Yakuza seven, and leaving the first Final Fantasy fourteen.
Speaker 4: Just till I did all the zip stuff.
Speaker 5: Then did you beat Man Eater? Right? Did the ending of that game also like blow you away the way it blew me away?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, uh, that game's got some real shark like shark. It's got some real shark political commentary, Like I messed that up, and I'm like, no, that's a good one. I'm gonna keep it.
Speaker 5: That whole game is wild. It's maybe my favorite, Like it strikes a perfect balance of being like social commentary but also like, hey, this is a dumb game where you're a killer shark that eats people.
Speaker 4: It was actually on my personal top ten, like I loved it that much.
Speaker 5: The ending of that game is just like so abrupt and insane, and it's just capped off by a Chris Parnell who's like the narrator of that game, who's like doing his like like wildlife doc type like it's like wildlife slash like like I don't know, like a duck dynasty kind of like thing, it's like it's so weird, and that game's ending is just out of nowhere, in like weirdly sad and dramatic for just how dumb that game is. I don't know. I still think about that game's ending. It's weird.
Speaker 2: It's pretty short, right, isn't it like eight hours or something?
Speaker 5: It's yes, I beat that game in like seven hours. I didn't hundred percent it, like, I just played it until I felt like I was good and beat it and I had a great time with that game anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, I put I put the storm King fight in Demon Cells because that like absolutely blew me away. I I don't I didn't really know what I was expecting, having not played the original Demon Souls.
Speaker 2: But when I walked into that fight and saw that thing fly.
Speaker 1: Over me, and like when you get that weapon too, Having played Dark Souls three, I got it reverse, but seeing that was like, holy shit, I get it now, and yeah.
Speaker 5: Why that moment would happened in three?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And then like actually fighting the thing I thought was really satisfying. I thought it was a way more satisfy, satisfying fight than your the Giant, I think, and Dark Souls three like they did a much better job of using that. I kind of spoiled the weapon, but you know, but I don't know. I really liked that fight in particular, and especially with like three.
Speaker 2: D audio, d and stuff. It's so cool.
Speaker 5: I think the stuff like Bluepoint added like visually just like because it's mechanically the same fight, but like the storms and like the visual effects happening in the background, the crdential rain like enhance that that fight and really make it something special in a way that it was like it was. It was special when it first came out, but it feels like even better.
Speaker 3: I didn't put this one, but I think Jake did. But this is probably my favorite is the museum trip in the Last of Us Part two. That sequence is so special, like it's one of the more like positive scenes in the game. And even then, like there's some there's darkness to it. But I had way too much fun going through the museum and looking at all the.
Speaker 2: Dinosaurs, putting hats on dinosaurs.
Speaker 3: And putting hats on dinosaurs.
Speaker 5: I missed the hat I had. I feel bad I didn't get the full hat experience when I when I did that level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it it does. It just It really spoke to me because like it's the kinds of interactions I would probably have with my own dad at a museum, because my dad was always trying to foster like a love of science in me and like space and stuff. So there's just a lot of good I thought this category was going to be cut, so I didn't add any.
Speaker 2: But we can come back around you if there's one that comes to you that you want to add.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I well I did. There's like some stuff in Hades. I actually I just want to shout it out.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to do it justice. It's not even it's not really a spoiler. I don't think it's a spoiler at all. But there's one exchange in Hades that blew me away with how horny it was. Uh there's a point where you can interact with Meg's sister and she says something about like making Zagaria scream, and he's like, oh, I'm sure I would have thought Meg would have told you all about what that was like by now, And I was like, wow, I use the switch's thirty second recording function to record it for myself because it's just like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: So that one also, yeah, I didn't put anything ben you put karaoke from Yacha and seven. There is so many kids in seven.
Speaker 4: I think. I think karaoke specifically for me because one of the weird things when you first see Yakaza and hear about it is that there's a karaoke minigame and you think that's silly, and then you go and do it, and then you mess around with it more and you get to the songs where you can't sing because kirie are the protagonists only can do backup for it. So it'll just take you to this picture of a lone man sitting in a karaoke room by himself, like banging a tambourine and yelling just random things. And to have that experience be flipped because now you have party members and not only are you actually cheering on people who are singing themselves, but to have other people finally cheer you on when you sing it was really nice.
Speaker 5: The English, the English in particular, when you do passionate karaoke, when you do backa me tie for Nanba, like, he'll be just like singing and then all of a sudden, eachi band in the background will just be like.
Speaker 2: You're killing it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: It'll just like yell that and it's the funniest fucking thing to me. It's so good. I uh, I love it. I love it. I love his passion. I want eachiban to do karaoke with me because I would maybe actually want to sing because he's just like, hey man, you got this uh okay.
Speaker 1: One here that I added that I thought was I put first death in fasmophobia, But I don't know if it's actually the death that I thought was so exciting. But I think it was just the experience of pasmophobia once it clicks and when you do lose someone or like you and your team are like, okay, we gotta leave, and then the door slams shut and the light starts flickering, and you just know you're like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, someone's fucked. Who's it gonna be?
Speaker 1: And people like like push people out of the way to get in the closet and hide in the.
Speaker 2: Closet and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just that whole every Man from Shell motion that happens right when the door slams and the lights go out and it's like, oh uh good.
Speaker 5: When we first played, I think like Timoor died and we all like opened up the door and Timor's body was just stuck in the wall, and it was like the funniest Oh my god, learning.
Speaker 1: That if you look up in the air, your character's back bends and then they can walk around with like a broken back. That's a pretty good moment too. That might be up there for me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wrote about fasmophobia for my Editor's Choices year because like my favorite moment is very similar to what Jake was describing, where like we were like, okay, let's go back to the truck, and then everybody was out of the house but me, and then the door locked and then I saw a little baby ghost walking at me. And I'm pretty sure we were playing with like in game chat rather than discord chat.
Speaker 2: That's the best way because it cuts out.
Speaker 3: Because when you die, people can't hear you, and but you couldn't hear me through like I didn't want to make any noise, like because the ghost was right outside. I was in a closet hiding, like and I could hear all the boys pounding on the door, like Cally.
Speaker 5: Are you alive. I remember watching the screen and it's like you can like see the baby like moving around and.
Speaker 3: Kelly, get out of there, Kelly, stay in the closet, and I was like, I can't tell them I'm still alive, and like they weren't sure. You guys weren't sure if I was alive or not. And then there was a time where we were playing with Peter and I did die and then Peter's like a couple of minutes later, Peter's voice came through and he was like, CALLI, we miss you. I couldn't reply because I was dead, And I.
Speaker 5: Was like, that game is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that game is really good. I'm super excited to see what they do to that game. I hope they keep a little bit of the jank though, because I kind.
Speaker 2: Of like it.
Speaker 4: It's charming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, enhances the fun you can do, like you can run at your friends like in The Exorcist, like like where she runs down the stairs with a backbend because of how the character models look.
Speaker 1: Another standout one here that I think Johann Luke added, this is Jeff in Half Life, Alex.
Speaker 2: That one's really good. That one is probably easy to spoil though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's like multiple moments in Half Life and I was like, what's the one that's like the because it's like there's also the ending is like a crazy moment. Jeff is basically like a level in that game, and it's like, I don't know, I don't want to like spoil it too much, but like mechanically that level is just like so cool, and it's like that's the like that's the standout like sequence in that game as far as like showing like VR and like how absolutely terrifying it can be with that level, like it's without going to I still don't want to spoil it, so I still want people to experience that game for the first time. That that part's really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I also just because I think it's the last time. Well, I swear I'll bring up Final Fantasy fourteenth.
Speaker 2: But go crazy keep going.
Speaker 4: The end of the shadow Bringer storyline when you finally leave the first left a very big impression on me. And it's still wild to me that a game that is an MMO has a story that's as good as that does. Like the whole expansion is just a giant in each episode away from the actual like main plot that has a lot of things that tie back to it later on, but it it was just I felt the emotion and the weight of everything that was happening, and finally like having all all this stuff build up to the one point where you finally get to go back to your original world was really nice and I like that game a lot. Please play fourteen.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for sixteen just because i know it's the similar team, right, and I'm curious to get that I don't know, storytelling experience without having to play fourteen. It is kind of putting the cart before the horse a little bit, or the horse before the cart before, you know what I'm trying to say, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah, I'm really excited for sixteen. Anyway, that being said, we got to make a decision here. We haven't we haven't talked about Walmarket and funny.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's just like the whole section of Final Fantasy was that Really it's like really good, Like it's it's maybe my favorite section because it's got the most like levity and charmed to it. Like you're wandering around this like kind of like Kabooki Chow style like district and they introduced all these like really fun characters. The whole like arena fight, Like the announcers in the arena are like hamming it up and you you fight a literal house in that game. Uh. And then they capital off with Cloud doing like his his dance sequence the honey at the Honeybee in perfect Uh. Like that was the moment where I like truly fell in love with that game.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: So that moment really really stands out for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I also like how they took the Wall Market theme and then rearranged it like seven different Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it changes depending where you're standing. It's It's very cool. I mean, if I had to pick one, I the museum trip one is a really good one to maybe go with. I don't know that one stands out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Museum trip is really excellent. But I agree, Horny, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't that.
Speaker 4: It's a very good argument.
Speaker 5: You definitely sold me on it.
Speaker 3: I didn't even explain it well, so I'm glad. Uh No, I would say the museum trip is just like a really special part of the Last of Us Part two and something that I still like think about in a game that like, it's hard to think about, so I don't think about it very often.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, So are we doing Museum Trip?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, John Luke is adding a category. We'll come back to this one later, Most Wholesome. Oh no, Kelly, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Oh this is actually John Luke's category should go right after this one. I think that'd be funny. So this is a category. We asked our Discord members to nominate some categories and some games in those categories, So this is from just a box on Discord most Wholesome Game. The nominees are Animal Crossing, New Horizons, Spirit Fairer, and Bug Snacks. Sort Of.
Speaker 5: I added sort of because if you get to the end of the Bug Snacks, that game takes a weird turn.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I haven't really played much of Bugs Next, but you don't want to tell right from the first thing you do that there's something not right going on.
Speaker 5: I think I loved it. I just love that they commit to it because you're like, yeah, something weird is going on, Like they really commit to that weirdness at the end of that year.
Speaker 4: Thank goodness.
Speaker 5: I love that ended up in my personal top ten. I love that game.
Speaker 3: I really am excited to play Bug Snacks's Break.
Speaker 5: It's really good. It's really it's just like I flew through it, like there's something about like mechanically it's so satisfying, like catching the different bug snacks and like figuring out like it. It hits that same like kind of Pokemon like animal crossing part of your brain where you're just like, I just want to keep playing this and like collect all the bug snacks.
Speaker 3: Jake is adding yakaz A seven.
Speaker 5: It's pretty wholesome.
Speaker 4: It's very wholesome.
Speaker 3: I think we should give it to Yau seven.
Speaker 2: Should we should we give it to you to seven? Move on, let's do it.
Speaker 4: The power of friendship it's there. Sorry, and now and now.
Speaker 3: For John Luke's eleventh hour category hornist game or character, We're most thirsty four, So is it a the game that's horny or the game that we're that's away. The nominees are Hades, and that's it.
Speaker 4: So I think we're gonna to slow down and talk this one out. I'm not sure what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I think we should just really quickly talk about the best characters in Hades. Obviously, Zagriass is good. There are a lot of people on the zag Man. There are a lot of people on the internet who are doing a Sands undertail with hypnose people are really horny for hypnos. I personally don't get it. Whatever floats your.
Speaker 5: Boat, Yeah, I don't get that one.
Speaker 3: I would say Megara, which confused me because you know in the movie Hercules, they pronounce it Megara, you know, the Disney movie. Which but the Disney movie Hercules has a lot of issues because Hercules is the Roman name for Heracles. So but but Megara is Greek, not Romans. So there's some inconsistencies Disney. So I keep.
Speaker 1: Patter make a live action Hercules movie.
Speaker 2: They can fix this.
Speaker 3: I really like Nix. I like her design a lot.
Speaker 5: Nix's design is really cool.
Speaker 3: I like Artemis.
Speaker 4: A lot.
Speaker 3: Aphrodite is too obvious.
Speaker 5: Achilles Achilles is good, is very.
Speaker 3: I like his email. I like your itty.
Speaker 2: I haven't played enough Hades to make an informed decision on this, so I'm gonna leave it to you guys.
Speaker 3: I like Alecto too.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: You know that was just an excuse to talk about Hades.
Speaker 4: I think, so gonna maybe there maybe there's a possible addition to that.
Speaker 5: Go for it.
Speaker 4: Please wonder if you put Smash Brothers in for Shirtless oh, because he is that's the first time he's ever been represented with nipples and any canon. Uh, I think he's been in that's a fun fact for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 3: Can we also nominate Zelda with the silhouette of her fat ass? Have you seen that? Have you seen like in the like you get the silhouette of her under her dress? She has like this bubble button.
Speaker 4: It's dangerous. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was joking that they took Snake and Zero Samus's asses and gave them all the Zelda.
Speaker 4: That's where they're hiding it. No, I can't.
Speaker 2: I found the picture. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh, finally, I think we gotta we gotta get Judy Alvarez in here as well.
Speaker 5: Yep, yep, Judy sure, wife of Judy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Judy here. And that's that's the category.
Speaker 5: I think that's the category.
Speaker 3: We gotta. We've got to give it to Hades.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like it's.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Should we uh?
Speaker 3: Should we try to do a uh proverbial cold shower and switch category?
Speaker 2: Wait, one more thing.
Speaker 1: The most Wholesome game was from Just a Box on Discord. These are some of our You didn't say that, well, okay, but I do want to say that we're getting into our categories that are Discord. Are Discord folks submitted to us, so a lot of these aren't ones that we came up with going I'll make.
Speaker 3: Sure to say which categories are alright from the Discord. The next category is from Jeremy on Discord. This is best social game or I think Jeremy described this as like the best game for socializing with people during twenty twenty. The nominees are among Us, Deep Rock Galactic, Balder's Gate three, Fasmophobia, and Overcooked All you Can Eat.
Speaker 1: I put among Us here because it seemed obvious I haven't actually played among Us, so uh. I did add Deep Rock Galactic, which I've played a lot of, which I think is a lot of fun. But I don't know if I think I think it really Phobia it does. I think Phobia is my favorite social game.
Speaker 3: I gotta give it to Fastmophobia because I don't like lying to my friends, so I have not really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Among Us at all.
Speaker 4: Oh, the disgusting person in me loves among Us just for that reason.
Speaker 3: I love the concept of among us, but I'm I just can't lie. I I don't I can't do it. So Fasmophobia, I'm not lying I'm just just hunting ghosts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, do you like hunting ghosts?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would agree, Fastmophobia. I put I added Overcooked just because that's the next gen version of overcook that includes Overcooked one and two and all the DLC like in one package. And they like read did the visuals of Overcooked one. It's a very good package and I just wanted to shout out how excellent it is and that if you've never played Overcooked, you should pick it up because it's very good. But it is just more Overcooked, so yeah, I mean Fastmophobia.
Speaker 4: That got the Sweetish chef in it, though.
Speaker 5: If they added the Swedish chef, that is true.
Speaker 4: Thanks Jeff Keeley.
Speaker 5: Thanks Jeff Keeley for that one.
Speaker 4: It himself.
Speaker 5: He did it himself, he coded it him and himself. Dude, fast me Phoiby is like so unique of a concept of a game, and like the way they gamify, like ghost hunting is a super cool and I feel like that game has like so much more potential that it could still reach.
Speaker 1: So excited to see what they'd do with that game. But the other thing too here is Balder's Gate three, which is a lot of fun, but I didn't play a lot of because.
Speaker 2: I kind of want to wait for a full release.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how I feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would not like, I would not vote for Balder's Gate three simply because I'm the person that's like, I want to read every single piece of information and I don't want to click through any dialogue. I just want to hear it all and take it in and read it. And then I'm the person who slows down the entire crew. It's not a good group game for me.
Speaker 2: So what are we thinking? Pasmophobia phobia?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm afraid of no ghosts.
Speaker 3: Although Overcooked is very fun, I agree.
Speaker 2: All right, Kelly, all right.
Speaker 3: This next one is from NBZ on Discord. I don't know if it's like ambizz like I'm lame. This is best animation, specifically like a bet, like a sequence in a game. The nominees are Blaze Fielding hair flick from Streets of Rage four, Shearing Sheep, Spiritfair flicking blood off your sword, and Ghost of Tsushima Miles Morales is Backwards Jump and Spider Man Miles Morales the Unarmed rapost In Demon Souls sitting down in Animal Crossing New Horizons. That was me, Nancy, summon Yakas are like a dragon and we mule one next.
Speaker 5: We Melwin is how you say it. We have another category for bug snacks later. But he just like whenever you click on him, he like does this little like shiver. He's like this little orb. It's just really cute. It's the cutest of all the bug sacks. I don't know if it hangs with the rest of them, but I just wanted to Georgia wanted to make sure I shout it out.
Speaker 3: We know animation, it's not in the game, but the animation of Zagarias coming out of the pool of sticks, the.
Speaker 5: Hair thing, the hair thing, oh yeah, and that like video. They yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't count because I think this has to be a game, but I just wanted to say it that's fair.
Speaker 1: I put in the unarmed or post because that's when you just punched the ship out of a demon or whatever.
Speaker 5: And I put in the links so if you click on that you can see it's like Captain America, Like it's.
Speaker 2: Over the top.
Speaker 1: It's like when I when I think I was streaming with Matt when we first saw it, and I was like, holy shit, and that's all I did for the rest of this stream was just punch or post because it is so over the top and brutal. Yeah, that was my contribution here.
Speaker 5: I put the Nancy summon from Yakuza. But actually thinking about it, I want to give a shout out to the humble apology that you do in the shareholders meeting. I don't know if you guys have seen this, I'm gonna link it. You should watch it. It's like not that long. It's like the level three one is just yeah yeah, like it like you only have to watch like the first like fifteen seconds of it. But like for context, it's in the business mini game. You have like at the end of like your your business period, you have to do like a shareholders meeting where you have to like appeal to the shareholders and you have this like level three like move you can pull out where Ichibond gives like the most Japanese like humble apologies like please accept them, and like you all this like stat boost and he basically like does like a straight dive out of his chair, lands on the ground and then just like does like the deepest bow and then like puts his face up and he's giving like the most emotion in his face, and it's it's really good. It's really good.
Speaker 4: Also, just want to do a general shout out for like all of the tac animations in that game. There's some very very good ones.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, a lot of good animations. Any other animations on this list standout that you think could could win?
Speaker 3: Just sitting down? An animal crossing, an animal crossing finally, yeah.
Speaker 2: All the animals could do it, but you.
Speaker 3: Couldn't, right, No, Yeah, and now you can just take a seat wherever you please.
Speaker 2: Sit next to Apple and read a book. Yeah, what are we thinking?
Speaker 3: I mean, I was kind of sold with the unarmed report because that sounds great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, either the apology from Yakiza the unarmed post or from me.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, I feel like I have to go with. But I do love a good unarmed post.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: All right, yeah Yakuza. Yeah, but we don't have it on here. We have Nancy summoning. But I'll just say I'll just tell you that unarmed.
Speaker 3: For posts And speaking of Yakiza. The next category is game that we talked about way too much in twenty twenty. This is from Forrest l on the Discord and the award goes too Yakaza's Cabaret Club, specifically from Yaxas zero.
Speaker 5: So I know this is like it's supposed to be like a positive, Like we talked about this game way too much because we loved it. But if I was to go for like a game we talked about way too much, I would say Cyberpunk.
Speaker 3: You had to do all of those videos.
Speaker 5: Well, just just I'm I'm kind of done talking about cyberpunk.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still got more gas in the tank about cyberpunk, but I can see that.
Speaker 2: I think there is some things that we probably talked a little too much.
Speaker 3: About, probably animal crossing.
Speaker 1: Oh, animal crossing is a good one to We've talked a lot about animal crossing.
Speaker 5: I do. I did really enjoy your your animal crossing minute though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks good. But it sounds like you should probably talk more about ya in the Cabaret Club. What everyone's saying.
Speaker 3: The award just goes to the Cabaret Club. I think we have a lot more awards to go through, so we should probably.
Speaker 5: Probably all right.
Speaker 2: Next one, Kelly, The.
Speaker 3: Next category is the best bug Snacks. The nominees are sure be Bunger baby cake, Legs, Daddy Cake Legs, Masa Supreme, Scoopy Banoopie, Weeniworm, Shy, we mel One, Queeble, and sent A snail.
Speaker 2: I snacks, So I have put I.
Speaker 3: Picked a lot of these specifically based on the names. But Mathsa Supreme is a pizza moth flies around, Yeah, And Weeniworm there are two versions, wieniworm and weeniworm shy, which is the shy version. It's a hot dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah. There's like for me because it's like, is it like how cute it looks? Is it like how good the pun of the name is. I feel like there's you could really we don't have time for it, but I feel like you could really break down the science of what makes a good bug snack.
Speaker 3: It's the name it goes to. Scoopy Banoopie.
Speaker 5: Scoopy is like the funniest one the characters say it. I like email in because yeah, I just like.
Speaker 1: I don't know the baby and daddy Cake Legs Combo is pretty good from from where I'm sitting.
Speaker 5: Visually, even I was gonna say visually, I like que bowl because it's actually got like a spark in it. It's like a Kiwi with a spark and the spork is like its nose. Oh. I just think that is a really cool design.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say I haven't even actually played the game, but I watched Michael stream at like three am and he went to go order food from some place like right next to where you first meet the Bungers. So just heard it over and over and over and it got stuck in my head and didn't leave for like a week and a half. So I got like secondhand bunered, and I don't know how to deal with that, but it I like that one a lot.
Speaker 2: At least you can't get first hand bunered.
Speaker 4: You never want to get first hand bungered.
Speaker 3: I have to vote for maths U Supre because I really like the design as well as the name. But I could also go for a scoopy Banoopie.
Speaker 2: I like skoop.
Speaker 4: I got a scoopy.
Speaker 5: Scoopy Banoope's name is just really fun.
Speaker 2: To say scoopy.
Speaker 4: I want to I want to hear us say scoopy banoopie more times.
Speaker 5: I also like pecantis uh, just because the way he says his name does pecant pc. I just like that.
Speaker 3: Baby cake legs and daddy cake legs are two spider cake spiders. Yes, I don't know what's the verdict? Do we just go with Scooby Banoopie.
Speaker 5: Scoopy Banoopy with a scoopy name wise, Scoopy Banoopi. Scooby Banoopi in the game is an asshole and sucks, but the name's real good.
Speaker 2: All right, So.
Speaker 1: Scoopy Banoopi wins name wise? Who wins cute wise?
Speaker 5: Oh? We melon? Okay, for sure. It's It's just a little melon with giant eyeballs and it's adorable.
Speaker 4: A Banjo kazoo character, yea Collie Wobble.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of banjo energy actually, and bug snacks.
Speaker 3: I feel that's because that's what the names of Banjo Kazooi enemies are like. Like the cauliflower enemy is called Collie Wobble. Yeah, yeah, okay, cool I Still the one that wins my heart is Massa Supreme.
Speaker 1: But all right, well then Scoopy Banuopi best name, we mean, cutest, and Massa Supreme is Calli's favorite.
Speaker 5: There you go, all right?
Speaker 3: Moving on?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: This is from jigs On Discord Guilty Pleasure Game of the Year. The nominees are SpongeBob, square Pants Battle for Bikini Bottom, Rehydrated Mafia Definitive Edition, and Man Eater.
Speaker 5: I think I'm the only one who added any I put all of these down.
Speaker 3: I couldn't guilt for anything.
Speaker 1: I thought about adding Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven because I've played that game one hundred hours now despite all the bugs, but I was like, uh, maybe it's too soon for that, right.
Speaker 3: I think Spongebub's Guarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom is such a good pick because we gave that game of two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like, what our lowest score of the year.
Speaker 3: I think that is our lowest score of the year. Shout out to Funky Joseph.
Speaker 5: We be able to absolutely nothing against uh Funky Joseph for that review. I think he's his reviews on point, like in terms of you know, but for me personally, I had a really fun time playing it.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's the thing is you don't have to I mean, you can like any game of any score. You don't have to only play nine and ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's plenty of sevens and six's that I really quite enjoy. Five season and sometimes twos.
Speaker 5: I will tell you. It made it an interesting review to edit because I had to edit that review, and I like, really he liked the game, and I'm like cutting, Like Autumn, I'm like.
Speaker 3: This point is good. I don't know why you're trying to read a good point, but counterpoint, I have fun.
Speaker 5: I had fun.
Speaker 3: That's the thing is, like I feel that way about some movies too. Like I I don't revere Roger Ebert the way a lot of people do. But he had a review of The Mummy nineteen ninety nine in which he talked about how like he can't really say anything for the script or like anything about the movie, but that it was just a fantastic time. And I would disagree. I think everything about that movie is perfect.
Speaker 4: But it's true.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of movies that are just a fun time, and I think that can be true for games that are not maybe the highest caliber of game. Yeah, And so for those reasons, I think we should give it a Bungebob score pants butt for rehydrid That.
Speaker 4: Works for me.
Speaker 2: Man Eaters seems too good to be guilty pleasure.
Speaker 1: Like, I get why it's there, but after hearing you guys talk about it, I'm like, that seems like slightly.
Speaker 2: Above where you'd put a guilty pleasure game.
Speaker 1: And Mafia Definitive Edition just just kind of existed.
Speaker 2: I guess, like I enjoyed that game, but like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I put it on there because I think again, like the review, I think we gave it a six. I forget who reviewed it.
Speaker 3: I don't remember the score for that one, actually.
Speaker 5: But I thought that the review was on point where it's like, yeah, like the mechanics of that game are not really aged gracefully or brought up in a way that you would feel satisfying. But as somebody who had never played the original Mafia and like played it for the first time, I really liked that game story and characters a lot. I was like compelled to play that game the whole way through for that reason alone, even if mechanically it was it was kind of yeah, like not not that great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I enjoyed it. It made me really want to play Mafia too again. But I'm good with SpongeBob Let Me Go, Yeah, SpongeBob all right, Guilty Pleasures, SpongeBob SquarePants, Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated.
Speaker 4: I love to see it all right.
Speaker 3: The next category is most Underrated Game of the Year. The nominees are Star Wars, Squadrons, Doom Eternal, Lol Bug Snacks, Deep Rock Galactic, Spolunky two, Ghost Runner, Man Eater, and Fall Guys.
Speaker 1: So I put Doom Maternal here because no one talks about that game despite it being really good.
Speaker 5: I like that game. I didn't even bring it up, like get to in the weeds, like it there is like a I didn't even bring it up in the Game of the Year discussion because I just was like, I know, this isn't gonna go anywhere. I like totally understand why that game is like so divisive, I guess or like mixed feelings on it, Like I do think that game demands something very specific of you, and if like that's not your thing, like you're not gonna you're gonna bounce off her enjoy it. But like I totally get it. But personally it's like for me, like it was exactly what I wanted and like I I gave myself over to the Doom and I had a very good time with it. So I like that game quite a bit, but I totally get it. I know, I know, Ben maybe a throw to you. I know you, Uh it didn't work for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah it I mean, I'm glad I played it. It's it's just I still feel like twenty sixteen was just a bit better.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 4: But I like a lot of what it tried to set out to do. Like apparently they were like, we need to we need to tell a story. There needs to be plot, and we need to know what is going on with the Doom guy.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that was a bit weird.
Speaker 4: They they really did it. They really went way out of their way and the story.
Speaker 5: They went like deep into the lore in a way that I was like, it was weird. It was weird how deep into the lore they went in that game. I feel like they watched like all those people who make like Dark Soul's Lord videos and they're like, what if we do that for Doom. It was like really weird, but like I was kind of into it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it was weird though, because I feel like one of the big compliments Doom twenty sixteen got was how it just took its story, Like, I mean, it's was so ridiculous with his story and like that famous scene at the beginning where he just like breaks the machine you're supposed to like turn on, and in this they kind of straight away from that, which I definitely get what you're saying. My standout here though, is Pelunky two because that game came out at the same time as Hades and no one, no one talked about it really at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think that's a really fair point because I started Haites super late because I had got Splunky two, had gotten its hooks in me, but all anyone could talk about was Hades on Twitter, and so I was really late to the Hades conversation. But I really enjoyed my time was Plunky two. It was just like it was so hard, very hard, and I but I like there were there were a good couple of weeks where like that's all I could think about doing.
Speaker 2: Then you added a You added one pretty late here.
Speaker 4: I did, I've read that the name of the category again, I was like underrated. Yes, Soccer Wars is a game that I played this year that I feel like a lot of people should probably look at a bit more. It's it's a visual novel, which makes it kind of difficult to recommend to a lot of people, but it's really really well done, and it also has its main like gameplay. Outside of that is Muso stuff, which is just the perfect combination for me, if you want to get my attention a visual novel Muso. But it has such good characters and it's like the first I think it's the first time that series actually got like localized and brought over here, and it's really neat and colorful, and I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: Did you play Thirteen Sentinels been?
Speaker 4: I did? I was.
Speaker 2: That's a game that people have been talking about a lot recently.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I got you, Jake, let me just eighteen cents, let's go.
Speaker 3: When you put in soccer awars, I the first thing I thought of was, oh my god, thirteen Sentinels, because I feel like that game got overlooked a lot, but is like everybody I'm seeing talking about it now is like, Wow, this game is amazing, and like, I think people really slept on it. I personally haven't played it. It's it's on my list of things that I really want to play because I also slept on it.
Speaker 4: It's ye, it's a difficult game, I think to talk about other than just being like play thirteen Sentinels. It's really wacky and weird and wild and crazy, and it does something you'll never expect literally every like hour and a half you're playing it. It also is not too long. One hundred percent of it in thirty hours. Oh wow, OK, it doesn't It doesn't take too much time. The fighting is kind of fun.
Speaker 3: But what kind of game is like an hours?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I thought, and then I sart like getting through it, and as I realized, I'm like, oh, I've only got three trophies left in this. This is whatever. I'll just keep going and finish everything off. But it's it's wild what they managed to pull off in that game. Story wise, You think you know what's happening in it at any given moment, and they'll disprove you and then throw like fourteen other things in that make you think of other things and then tell you that all that's wrong. And a real dog and Rapa situation is what we're.
Speaker 3: Talking about, because I talked over Jake's question what kind of game is it?
Speaker 4: It's another kind of visual novel, but it's got like a really kind of if you took what Fireblam did like gameplay wise with its strategy stuff and kind of watered it down a lot. It's kind of what the combat's like. Okay, yeah, it's it's very good. Highly recommend it, Definitely check it out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I feel like, I mean, we have like some some good shout outs on this list, but I feel like it kind of seems like it's between like Spelunky thirteen Sentinels. I can definitely see a case for Doom Maternal.
Speaker 5: I would probably can't do Maternal, Okay. From that, we could cut Doom Eternal.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is a tough one.
Speaker 3: I just feel like I want to give it to thirteen Sentinels now.
Speaker 4: Thirty Sentinels is where I'm at.
Speaker 3: When I looked at the list and when you put in for some reason, Soccer Wars, I was like anime, and then.
Speaker 4: I weird game has been likes, ah, yes, this is it.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, oh shiit thirteen Sentinels so underrated. We forgot to put it on the underrated list.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I would agree. That makes sense to me.
Speaker 2: Thirteen Sentinels it is, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: The next category is best Localization. The nominees are Animal Crossing, New Horizons, Persona five, Royal Yakaza like a Dragon and Final Fantasy seven remake. The clear winner is Yaxil like a track and we don't have.
Speaker 4: To do it is let's just saying you gotta look forward to the next category to kind of rule one out.
Speaker 5: I think, right, yeah, I added Final Fantasy Remake to that just because well, it is good, and I feel like it's kind of expected to be good, because like I think a Square kind of has their their stuff together with localization. But I put it on there because I after I played the remake, I went back and played the original. That game's localization is terrible. It's so bad to the to the point where I was like, this is like hurting my enjoyment of some of these scenes and characters. Everyone calls it the enra in that game, and it's like they there's just some really weird, bad localization in that game. So like, even though at this point is like it's expected that remake would be good, it's like, yeah, no, it like a good localization really enhances that game story and characters.
Speaker 4: The original also had some stuff that definitely wouldn't fly today and is kind of effensive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not too yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: So I think, yeah, I think the easy ones for me to cut it would be Persona five Royal and Final Fantasy seven, just because I feel like there were conversations in both of those games many times where I was like, huh, that doesn't that no one would say that, Like, no one would respond that way, and like it was definitely less so in Final Fantasy seven remake, but I definitely remember that happening Persona.
Speaker 2: Five Royal though a lot.
Speaker 1: There's like a lot of conversations that end and I'm just like, wait, what, Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Personifi Royal I put on here just because they rectified a lot of the issues with base Persona five with like tests and like quizzes in the class because there were like kanji related ones that weren't translated well, and so there's there's stuff that they improved. But yes, I will say, like at the very beginning when I think I should talked about this on the podcast before, when you say please take care of me to Socra, is like, that's just I don't that's not how It's just a really hard thing to translate, but like no one would say that. Yeah, and the constant for real.
Speaker 2: We'll get that, not just the point where I.
Speaker 3: Love that I know I know I love for real now, but like Royal.
Speaker 5: Kind of ended up in a weird situation where I think that team knows that that original localization wasn't what it could have been, but they probably they didn't have the budget to like redo Royal, like like they know better now or like maybe have the ability to improve it, but uh, I couldn't with the budget.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like to the credit of the team, the localization team, Like, you don't want to overlocalize something either, because you don't want to turn And I've talked about this before, so I won't go on about it too much, but like you don't want to turn something that is inherently Japanese like too americanized, because then you're losing a lot of the meaning. So like it's a tough uh, it's a tightrope for sure.
Speaker 1: I think to to Yakuza is like like something that helps youkus is like a dragon is.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of expecting the writing to be stranger and off the wall.
Speaker 1: I'm not like like when something doesn't quite add up, I just think it's funny.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, because it has that soap opera kind of quality. Yeah, but I mean Animal Crossing I think has always had really strong localization. I love, like there's a lot that sounds so natural in Animal Crossing, a lot of great jokes, like great puns, which of course you have to write the puns yourself when you're localizing because those don't translate. So shout out to new horizons. But as we talked about before on the podcast, like a Dragon's dual localization is like incredible, absolutely blew me away when I read that that was in the game, that you would get a different version of the localization. Localization based on the voice track you pick is that's just like that's above and beyond.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and they went the extra mile to to properly the Elsh and it's really good, Like it feels like natural.
Speaker 3: Yes, so correct me if I'm wrong. But like the understanding I got is that like you get more westernized version if you use the English voiceover, and then if you're using the Japanese voiceover, it's like less localized because.
Speaker 5: That's how it was pitched to me kind of. I mean, I would have to like really compare, but I would say, to me, it's more like the localization in the for like the Japanese vo is like more faithful to the perform the Japanese performances, and then it's like with the English performances, they like take more liberties to kind of make the characters their own and then like yeah, so it's like it feels like they were able to have the best of both roles because I feel like normally you're kind of like weirdly restricted where it's like, wow, we can't really adapt this character because we have to be very faithful to how they are in the Japanese performance, and maybe that limits you as a voice actor. So that's at least my interpretation of how they did it.
Speaker 1: All right, so we got to move on because we're well pasted an hour now and we still got quite a few categories.
Speaker 2: So I got to call this one yeah because of like a dragon. Everyone's cool, easy, yeah, all right, next one. We can do this one very quickly, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yes. This is the Cali Award Worst pronunciation of a Japanese name in persona five royal. The nominees are Makoto.
Speaker 2: Wait do the correct pronunciation too.
Speaker 3: Which I would pronounces Makoto so comado, which I think most English speakers would just say Sakamoto easy, That one is easy, and then to comedy, which I think an English speaker would probably say Takamaki. I included this because it's not that I want them to over pronounce the Japanese names in English. But Sikameda, we already have an americanized version of that. Everybody says Soka Poto.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that one has to win, because it's just like, why did you change and everyone already has a way to Yeah, exactly. It's like you said, so.
Speaker 3: I'm giving it to Sicamado because why all right?
Speaker 1: And that's it fair category. This next category is all you too, Cali. You'll have to You'll have to make the decision here.
Speaker 3: This is also a Cali category best game my dad played this year. The dominees are Battlefield five, Call of Duty, Black Ops, Cold War, Metro Last Light, and Spec ups the Line. I'm gonna eliminate speck ups the Line because my dad has played that game like twelve times. He plays it on the hardest difficulties upsesing.
Speaker 5: I mean, that might be the best game though.
Speaker 3: But he played it last year as well. He's just going to be playing it. The game that I want to give this to is Metro Last Light because now my dad is really into the Metro series. Yeah, because on a whim he got it because it was on sale or something, and now he's really into it, even though he didn't understand how the gas masks worked.
Speaker 2: For his new Xbox, his Christmas Xbox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I need to give him Exodus because because he told me, he was like, yeah, this game is really hard, but I'm really into this series. Now I'm definitely gonna play the newer one. And I was like, heck, yeah, dad, so.
Speaker 5: Metric the books does he read?
Speaker 3: My dad can't read, I know.
Speaker 5: Read.
Speaker 2: No, he.
Speaker 3: Probably would be like, I can't shoot anything in this book.
Speaker 5: That's fair.
Speaker 3: The next category is best Early Access Game. The nominees are Fasmapho, be a Baller's Gate three, and Oubletz.
Speaker 5: Have to give it to.
Speaker 4: That's that's where it's this.
Speaker 5: I feel like Bouldersgate doesn't get it for the reason we talked about earlier, which is that like it's really good what's in there, but like just that's not the kind of game that I want to like play in early access. Like like I checked out a little bit and I'm like, yep, this seems like it's gonna be amazing when it's done. I will play it then, So at least for me, it's like, I think it's cool that it's an early access and that you know, they get to play it and they get all the fan feedback, and I think it makes the game better. But at least for me personally, it's not the kind of game I want to play.
Speaker 3: Early totally, all right, Ubletzite. I didn't play ableets, so didn't play I just put it on there because we reviewed it in early access, so fast a phobia.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: All right. Next category, Character of the Year, non protagonist. The nominees are Tifa, Jesse, and Title Fantasy seven remake.
Speaker 5: So I wrote Jesse and then Jake like added a suggestion that crossed it out and replaced it with Tifa, but I think that got deleted.
Speaker 4: So that's yeah, Esse.
Speaker 2: A Glitchen the Matrix, Tifa and or Jesse. No, just Jesse, who just leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Eris from Final Fantasy seven remake, Meg from Hades, Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Doctor Maruki from Persona five Royal, Consume Me from Persona five Royal, Judy Alvarez from Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven, Namba and Yakaza like a Dragon, and Stanley in Spirit Fair.
Speaker 5: So I haven't even gotten to like the main stuff with Judy, but just hearing everyone talk about Judy, I feel like it has to go to Judy.
Speaker 3: It has to be Judy. She's amazing, very good.
Speaker 4: I I do really like Judy. But also I'm a tee for Guy in Final Fantasy like two, but specifically in remake, Erith's is a really big deal and that, without spoiling anything, she's different in a big way, and I think, especially in remake, it's it's worth calling her out for that.
Speaker 5: I would agree, yeah, yeah. Also I didn't play Spiritfair, but I added Stanley because my girlfriend wanted me to put Stanley because she says that's the best character in Spiritfair in that game is all about the characters, so I take her word that Stanley's probably pretty good. I like, like a mushroom child that's like really adorable and cute, and they give the best hug. So if we were to go back to animation, best hug goes to Stanley, the Georgia Award goes to.
Speaker 4: Isabelle.
Speaker 2: I put Isabelle there.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you actually think isabel is one of your favorite characters of the year.
Speaker 2: But I like Isabelle.
Speaker 3: I like her. I really want her winter sweater. It's like a brown card again with flowers on it. I don't know why that I can't buy that.
Speaker 5: I'm bummed. She is just stuck behind that desk all the time. There's like, like when you do like Turkey Day, I'm like, where's Isabelle. She's like sitting in there, and I'm like, girl, come out, have some pumpkin Pieve.
Speaker 3: For fourth for the Fireworks Festival.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Fireworks Festival.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't play fan of Fantasy seven remakes, so like I would have to give it Judy, but.
Speaker 2: I did. I would give it to Judy, I think.
Speaker 4: But I did just finish Judy's like main story yesterday and I'm still thinking about it a lot, so I could definitely probably go that way.
Speaker 2: I think if Timoor was here, he'd be fighting very hard for Earth.
Speaker 4: I think you would too.
Speaker 1: Earth is very good, but he's not here, So it's Judy.
Speaker 5: I'm more than happy with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: The next category is Best Protagonist. Nominees are Zagrias from Hades, Alex from Half Life, Alex, Abby from the Last of Us Part two, Ichi Bond from Like a Dragon, Miles Morales from Spider Man Miles Morales, and Tyler and Allison from Tell Me.
Speaker 1: Why Well, we all know who number one is, baby.
Speaker 2: Like, I can't argue he's number one number one name.
Speaker 3: I feel like he wins on a technicality. I think we just have to give it to each.
Speaker 5: Bond Yeah, yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 3: Probably be Abby, but I mean it's in the name, in.
Speaker 1: His name, all right, ITCHI Bond Best Protagonist and the last one.
Speaker 3: The last category is the best game you played that didn't come out this year. The nominees are Star Wars, Jedi Fallen Order that was Man twenty eighteen that was also me, Final Fantasy seven.
Speaker 5: That was me, then two.
Speaker 3: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Me. I played it, Stardoo Valley that was me. Among us, I played it Persona three.
Speaker 4: I played it.
Speaker 5: You beat it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I beat it?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: I the Somnium files or AI the Somnium file.
Speaker 4: You read it either way, it's it's not wrong.
Speaker 3: Whatever the Somnium file. I did it near Automata.
Speaker 4: I did it again.
Speaker 1: Automatia, Automata, I Thinkdasa.
Speaker 2: I think it's near Takamoto there.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: Black and Dark Souls, so.
Speaker 1: I put Black Mesa there kind of because it's the first time I played Half Life one, but I played Black Mesa, which did come out this year, so I don't really know if that one counts, but I think that's.
Speaker 5: A weird one. Play the game. It came out, but it's been in early access for like five years, and yeah, that's weird. It's very good though, if you haven't played it, you should play Black Mesa. Yeah, really good.
Speaker 1: This one's also a little weird because, like, not all of us played these games this year, so it'd be hard to come up with one in particular. So I think we all can just yeah, we all can just say the one that we added that we think is the winner. Yeah, okay, I'm going with Dark Souls for sure. I've been trying to get through that game for a very long time. I started on three sixty, got the blight Town stopped, and like, I've had so many tries to get through that game, and I finally did it this year and it was great.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to give it to Stardy Valley because that's the only one I added to the list. But Stardi Valley is just excellent. I regret not giving it a higher score when I reviewed it way back when it just got a massive update with like new options on PC. So it just continues to live a wonderful pastoral life. I love it so much, John Luke.
Speaker 5: Even though I didn't play it and I didn't put it on this list, I'm going to give it to Persona three there go. I liked that came a lot. It's a really good game. I've actually been thinking about replaying it because I really really liked that.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: Put it on Switch Yeah for real.
Speaker 5: Yeah for real, Yeah for real.
Speaker 4: I put a lot of games on here, but I think for me the Finals Fantasy seven because I played not just Final Fantasy seven but also everything around it, and it was just a big like. It took a lot of convincing to get me to actually go for it and start it up, but once I did, I played through the original, then I played through Crisis Core, which is fantastic, and I played through Dirgias Servers, which is not Other people like it, but I liked it. And then I actually I even watched Advent Children and actually enjoyed it, like I fell into.
Speaker 5: It really bad.
Speaker 1: So damn, I have a question for you, Ben Oh No, I knew this is gonna come at some point. How do you feel about Cloud in Super Smash Bros. Because this was a sticking point for a very long time. You said he did not deserve to be in Super Smash Bros. Because he wasn't on an Nintendo console. How do you feel about this now? I'm not trying to like prove you wrong. I just I just want the evolution here.
Speaker 4: The whole the whole year. I was prepared for this very moment. I was like as soon as I finished fint A Fantasy seven and I'm like, this is a great game. My life has changed. My flippant eyes have been opened for the first time.
Speaker 2: You can't run off the edge with him anymore, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Can't run off the edge with him anymore because I understand him well. I still think Cloud himself is not as good as like half of the other Final Fantasy characters that I've I've run into and met. But uh, I played it specifically on Switch just to kind of like together and and and do that but uh he was still the first character in Smash that broke down that barrier of like there are no rules now you can have anyone from anything, like he was in Theorism. But that's not even like.
Speaker 5: He paved the way for Joker.
Speaker 4: He did. He really did. Joker is still only in also one weird spinoff game too, But uh yeah, I I've played with him a bunch in this year and Smash, and I was actually I got really excited about Sepharroth being put in, which was dumb and stupid.
Speaker 3: Wow that's the character.
Speaker 4: Did you do the cannon fight?
Speaker 2: Did you beat SEP's cloud?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I went in with a snake because I hadn't played them while, so I was really rusty. But like eat my grenades, separate U C four over here, grenades over here, cardboard boxes everywhere. But uh yeah, no, it definitely was a wacky character arc and I still think about it every day and I feel I feel silly for what I did in the past, and I like to throw me all now. I'll still run him off the control times sake, though, just because he deserves it every now and now he does. He's a jerk, you know, Zach's a better protagonist than Cloud anyway, So that's where I am.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: On that note, we should probably wrap up episode seventy four of Games But after Dark, the first episode of twenty twenty one. Anyway, thank you all for listening the past year and a half or so. We're very excited to keep this train going and we haven't missed a week yet. Don't plan on missing week for the rest of time.
Speaker 4: That's a long time. It is a long time, it is, but you know, gotta do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Jean Luke, where can people find you? And what do you plan on playing over break?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna play. Oh, I don't know. I've been going back and forth. I want to finish Cyberpunk. I also want to finally do a Witcher run with Georgia. Been meaning to play that, so I think that would be a fun one to do over the break. But yeah, you can find me on Twitter. It should definitely be up at this point. But please go check out our top ten Games of twenty twenty video over on our YouTube channel. It's a video that I put it together, but like it's a collaborative video that everyone worked on, so, like, you know, everyone from editorial in video each got to talk about a game they really loves, Like how I gotta talk about Animal Crossing ja I got to talk about demon souls and so on, And on top of that, every one on the video team both edits that section and then does their own montage for it. So it's like this really cool video that's kind of like the culmination of the hard work of everyone at game Spot. So I love working on that video. I think it's such a cool representation of us as staff. So please go check that out. And here are fine thoughts on the year of twenty twenty in video games.
Speaker 2: Kelly, how are you?
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at inky dojico I n k y d o j I kko And of a break, I plan on playing Yaxta like a Dragon. That's probably like the big one. I'm still playing Haities because I haven't cleared it yet. I got really wrapped up in Boon Hunting, so I haven't actually cleared it, so I need to do that. And I really want to play Paradise Killer. I think I'm going to try to prioritize that as well.
Speaker 2: Ben how are you Uh?
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter dot com at Ben Jenka. It's just my name. Please find me, But I guess for overbreak. What I'm planning to do is I actually wanted to play Final Fantasy eight is my first Final Fantasy game, and I still haven't gotten around to doing it, so I'm gonna try to find time to do that.
Speaker 5: I started eight Ben, let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Definitely should and we will. I am looking forward to also finishing Persona five Royal because I'm really enjoying that going through it again. And I want to finish Half Life Alex at some point because I also kind of got sidetracked on that as well. But yeah, maybe maybe the last bit of dragon Quest too, because that game's got like a forty hour posting. There are a lot of games I'm playing. I don't it doesn't stop. Help me.
Speaker 1: Please you find me at Jacob Deck and I want to finish Dragon Quest eleven. I'm very close to finishing that game and have yet to do that. I'm playing it on Switch and part of me is like, I don't want to play it on Series X though, because it just came and it's free with game past. But I'm like, Nope, can't do it. I gotta gotta stay the course, gotta finish the game on switch. I want to, for like the sixth time in the past couple of years. I want to try near Automata Nakamata again, see if I can make it through that game.
Speaker 2: Every time I've fallen off, so hopefully it sticks.
Speaker 1: And there was Oh, and I want to try to beat Spelunky two, which won't happen because I'm terrible and that game is too hard. Well it's not too hard, but it's too hard for me because I'm just a game journalist and I'm not good at video games, so you know how it goes. Anyway, that's been Episode seventy four, and we'll see you all next week.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I wave.
Speaker 4: He was soon curl