Speaker 1: Went back Baby season three and I said it would have last.
Speaker 2: Hi. I'm George, Atha, thanks and I'm Nick and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating podcast. This is the part tell us what it is.
Speaker 3: It's the quick Hands podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I Joge was stuff the Peth season now Gus and Country first year is a corner with don't walk past. Nicks have been in shambules since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty tens a clinch only team that's see success. This path is getting rich. The Broncos keep on taking lots of Tiny's hating this. I call up and I'm ask NAUGHTI for some movies. They said that has to sit there for Water's defeat Friday night foot in these tip it's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see Walls she running for the team. I ain't playing in the NFL. We only mess with the league getting tries every day time we're killing never team. I'm super cooking with all these hands. I cast the mont day George, Nick Tony to the stage.
Speaker 2: Please please welcome back everyone. Quakends Rugby podcast. This is season three, episode twenty two, which is one hundred and thirteen. Ardie George Tan, welcome back. He're back. We made it.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: We survived with apologies for apologies for last week. We had another glitch, and we've had a couple of this season, haven't we. But we're still here.
Speaker 1: We're still We're still kicking. What a week of What a week of rugby league? Last week?
Speaker 2: And what are we running into? How is everyone good?
Speaker 4: It is toasting on the gold coaster even now. I think it's like twenty five degrees.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it was twenty eight yesterday was summer.
Speaker 1: Idea. Yeah, too much too. It gets too hot, you know, I love it the better. It's too old for for for big walks.
Speaker 5: Just too old.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We're not made for hate. We're not made for anyway. Cold means rugby league.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, yeah, the pressure is gonna kick weeks. The tablet started. I don't know what they're doing with doctor Bombay.
Speaker 1: With Dr Bombay, he's going to come and see so we're going there you go, let's doing Nicola yep.
Speaker 2: So let's kick you off with the good thing of the week.
Speaker 5: Good thing of the week, Okay, So look, we didn't want to see two legends in Diese Hazzler and Foreign in the years with the wooden spoon, so watching them win for the Titans was a great That's my good thing of the week, wanting them to finish their careers with a win because they're great service in the game. Especially Foreign. I'd love Foreign. I've always loved the way he plays. Is a tough man and to go out on a high is a good thing.
Speaker 1: Dessy.
Speaker 5: I don't know. He hasn't announced retirement, but I can't see teams are running the getting.
Speaker 2: To continue exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I think you might get picked up by someone I don't know.
Speaker 1: Superle on the on on the desert thing. I think you hit and only head two weeks ago. Work in the n r L. Get him in the in a world to do I don't know, look over the coaching or I mean the refine or something. Because he's too valuable to lose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I think he's a little eccentric.
Speaker 1: Maybe we've learnt stories. Yeah maybe, but you know what, he's got lots of knowledge in He's got lots of knowledge. So, like I said, I didn't think of getting him into the n RL like the office up there. But yeah, just with the referees, I think it would be anything. So I think it was a good one too. But can I add? Can I add to the forum thing? Did you just did you know that he was miked up?
Speaker 2: Was he? Ye?
Speaker 1: So he was miked up? And late night television on five o two on Foxville they showed some clips of uh, you know, him talking and the rugby the actual ground on the grounds office was pretty pretty cool. But at the end of the game when everybody was congratulating him and the things that were saying to him in terms of tributes to him, and his and his family were on the ground as wall calling out Dad that we love you, We're so proud of you. It actually brought a tea tea to my eyes.
Speaker 2: So isn't it great that he and I know has them might not be finished, but isn't it great that they finished both of their last games.
Speaker 1: It's amazing they started together and they finished. I think it's a poetry. I really do think it's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and just before I go to Nick has been one. Also good thing I wanted to mention is I like how the NRROL players listen to our pot and they love our nicknames. Because Ryce Walsh got to be jealous because you kept calling tongue and callen Ponga toilet. So I think Reyce wanted to take that nickname off him by his efforts last week, that's not going to happen. We're going to call him the plumber out plumber. And now let's see what's on Nico's bin.
Speaker 2: Nico, before we got to Nicosun, was waiting for a nicola in the can nicola. I'm not feeling great. I've got a bit of a cold. That's why I'm If you can see in the background, I've got my I got my love and the candle there clear give me some Indians. So what I have tonight is not actually something that's in the bin, but just just an observation that I'd like to point out that for the two years in a row, now, for two seasons in a row, Paramatter have handed out the wooden spoon, and they've done it by putting over sixty points on the team in both games. Last year was the Tigers, this year was Newcastle.
Speaker 1: There you go, that was great, It was great.
Speaker 2: Both of those teams are in the bin for that reason, because both both teams had a chance to avoid the wooden spoon and they copped over sixty points. So they're in my bin. Apparent how I always find a way that it's.
Speaker 5: Not Paris should spread those points out more in the beginning of the season rather than when they come as.
Speaker 2: Considering Moses missed the first half of the season, you know, in the last in the last five six weeks, they beat what three of the top four sides and they lost to Melbourne on the button.
Speaker 1: So we'll talk about later. Yeah, but you're right, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: So let's rather than controversy corner, let's run through the ladder as we're leading into the finals this week. So the Raiders, congratulations on winning the minor premiership. Do you believe that's the second time ever they've won the minor premiership?
Speaker 1: The milk was first or second?
Speaker 2: Might be the first, the first they've.
Speaker 1: Won it before?
Speaker 5: Surely didn't. I thought I heard something like thirty five years. I haven't one for thirty five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it might be it's the first or definitely the second. The most Yeah, Now I tipped them bottom four at the start of the season, so what what Ricky Stewart's done there. He has to be coach of the year absolutely, I mean you would assume, but yeah, minor premiership and they did it by beating the Tigers, uh second with the Storm Bulldogs coming third. That's a big improvement for the Dogs. George. Last years Broncos Broncos, they stumbled a bit during the season there, but they came strong to finish fourth. The Sharks landed fifth, the Warriors seemed to be falling off the rails finishing at sixth. Panthers were sitting last at some point almost halfway through the season and they came in seventh and they lost back to back golden point games, So they could have been in the top four. Roosters coming in coming in pretty strong towards the end of the season with eighth, and let's run through the rest of the ladder and just give a quick pass fail to the teams. What do you think, Let's do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it, idea.
Speaker 2: So coming coming in at ninth with the Dolphins, for me, it's a pass, but I almost think they should have been in the eight. I still think. I still think they had a good season, but it could have been better.
Speaker 4: No, you had boss stalk out then you had to heard it like they've been riddled with injury. Kafusie and the boys explained to me that Kafusie isn't a grub, which is a grub? I do not think he is maybe in the way sometimes and if he is always out, why not Crichton. But anyway, I think I think Dolphins should have been in a for sure.
Speaker 5: I absolutely give it a pass because last year they came tenth under super coach Bennett, and you know what happens when a coach takes over from Bennett actually failed, but Christian Wolf has actually improved them. He got him to ninth. So that's an awesome effort by Christian Wolf. I definitely give him a pass mark. They did have a lot of injuries. They had the front roller as well out they've had start, yeah, and they had the cyclone and everything else. But there have been out what's the Flegler No, no, no, the guy that got from the BRONCOSGLA wasn't is part of the Dolphins, so he's been out all the season. And the other guy that plays for the the Dolphins it plays for Origin as well. Two years now he's been a lot.
Speaker 2: Of a lot of teams have had been hit by injury.
Speaker 4: They have absolutely who's the top point scorer by f fifty six.
Speaker 5: Points as well, greatest goal kicker.
Speaker 1: One past Marker Nicolo. With twelve players out and most of them a lot of them forwards. Yeah, look, they.
Speaker 2: Had the coach his first season, the.
Speaker 1: Coach, and you know what, he's gave a brand new style of play. And at some stage in the middle of the year, with all those players out, they were looking. They will looking the goods to make the eight. And and you know what, they must be one of the most entertaining teams to watch. So I love watching the Dolphins the way they play so exactly a big pass. And also you now, if they have less injuries next year, don't about the eight they'll be pushing for. That's how good they'll be pushing for. Because how Christian Wolf has developed easy and some other players in the back line, I mean Katawa, Yeah, I mean Katoa. If he keeps on the same projectory, he will be the number one half back in the game in the next the next five to six years. So yeah, big pass, big pass.
Speaker 2: Coming in at tenth with the mainly Seagulls. I give this as a fail because I expected them to be they.
Speaker 4: Oh no, win Spain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fine, definitely. I expected the eight Big seventh the last year, tenth of this year, so they dropped through spots. But Mark Carroll apparently had a bit of a tiff with the daily chair Evans, because he reckons the announcement that he did during that period disrupted the team, and they reckons it because.
Speaker 2: Of the I don't disagree because because it's one thing. If you look at Paramatta, for example, Dylan Brown in the first round of the season announced that he was going to Newcastle. There was a bit of hoopla and then it was just forgotten about and everyone got on with it. When Jerry Evans did that, he left everyone hanging by by not clarifying what he was doing. And even though it's no one's business, I just think when you when you go yet, look, I'm not going to be here next year because I'm I'm going to the roosters, which everyone knows. Right, it just settles it and you can just leave it behind and move forward. But they've had that all year.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: It's probably a better distraction to some point.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't think he's the most disruptive player in the in the league.
Speaker 2: But yeah, when you're the captain, it doesn't help. Yeah, your in the backyard, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think the Eagles, I don't know, like they're a good team, but they're kind of they don't really inspire me, like they've got a good team, but I just I don't know, I don't really see much from them, Like love DCE. They've had a few decent players. If you guys caught the game on the weekend, they had like a fair few players get out as well. They should have been in the eighth.
Speaker 2: But I'm a fan of DC as well. But he's had a few complete shockers this season. Very unusual to yeah, unlike him. And again, off, if you look at in my lifetime over the last four decades, this is the team that's probably been most consistently in the in the semi finals a year after year after year mainly have always been there always. Yeah, it's a definite fil for me.
Speaker 1: Big foil for me and Nicola. And look, they're missing a few they're missing a few forwards more more than than anything. And maybe some some superstars who we perceive as superstars are possibly not superstars because the media tells us, especially three brothers there, that there, you know, God's gift to rugby league. Maybe then maybe they're not. Maybe they're not. That's number one. Number two, I've been hearing about this DC thing, d C thing order and you know what, there must be some truth. But I'm going to say it again, Tom Blue in the face. If one player can disrupt a whole club like that, because it's not a galvan it's not a gallant thing. I mean, players move on all the time. I think they should look at the coach or the management. That's what I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well Reynolds has been out for a while, we're fine.
Speaker 2: Like one order goes for another, you know, like look at what happened when he lefts when South didn't want to resign him. Had a similar season when else and they're still.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think a team should be able to survive movement, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, of course, of course it's normal in today's game, fail, but well fail coming in eleventh with the Eels, my mob, I'm going to give it a pass because at halftime in round one we were losing forty six l well, so to finish eleventh.
Speaker 1: I think I forgot about that, didn't I didn't get a.
Speaker 2: Win in the first month of the season to Sydney until ten came to the Dragon's game. Ardie will never forgive me for that. And obviously Moses missed half of the season thirteen games. But but what worried me, and you might remember at the start of the season was the defense was horrible. There was no ball movement, there was, it was just But the second half of the season, it's all starting to come together and I couldn't be happier with how the last six weeks have been and how they finished. They're considering there's a mixture in the team of representative players, and there's I think six players who had the NRL debuts this year, so.
Speaker 4: I think you guys turned everyone over in the.
Speaker 2: Team but one yeah, yeah, and the amount of players that have been let go, so considering their style of play in the last four to six weeks, it's starting to excite me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely so a pass. Well, did any of us have them in the top eight to go to the top eight this year at the start? I don't think we did did we I didn't really expect them to make eight. So we can't really say it's it's a fail because we didn't really expect them to make it. Yeah, from where they were at the start of the year to where they finished as a greater treatment, I think i'd call it a pass. Yeah, But with all the turnover, like Nick said, new new coach, new systems and everything, it's it's a pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I'll give it a big Passnik. Or because I see I see habits forming, good habits forming six weeks ago, twelve weeks ago were intent. There was a lot of intent, but clanking and the habits weren't there. They were forced. Now it just comes off second nature to.
Speaker 2: Them so well, as we all know, George, the last thing to change is the scoreboard, so when you know, and that's starting to happen as well. But yes, some of those like Isaiah YOUNGI the fullback, I mean the criticism, the criticism over criticism over letting go go, I think that's been wiped now his kids on the Superstar, And it's just some other players like Jack Williams who came from some of these players. Hook Dylan Walker, the hooker, the hooker, who Riley Smith, Who's he's been unbelievable. And since they signed tallon the silver from the Tigers, Riley Smith has gone up a notch. So you can see they're competing for spots and he's winning that battle at the moment. So a lot to look forward to it. Now they've got to full you know, they're going to have six and they've got a whole preseason too. I'm excited about this year, but I'm expecting in and around the eight and this year absolutely yep.
Speaker 5: Are you worried that with the reliance on Moses, without Moses, we'll get better? Get that's the only thing that's worryb such a huge part of that team.
Speaker 2: I am. But the good thing is we got Dean Hawkins there as well, and every time every time he played this year he did. He did really well. I think the first month he can write off because there was so much players debuting Dylan Brown's announcement the day before Game one. The first month was just horrible. But after that, every every game that Hawkins played and he did really well. And and he came over as a backup seven. So I'm not too I'm not too well, but no one does what Moses does. You saw what he did the other day. I mean, when he's on the field, that guy. His first game back was Round seven against the Tigers, and he destroyed that team in his first game back. You've got to have him on the field. He's he's going to be on the plane at the end of the season because it's not only I mean, it's you see the try scored from dummy half the other day, you know, and he assists like he's just he's just getting better and better every year. Yeah, the man so, but definitely if he if he plays seventy percent of the season, I think we make the eighty. But he's becoming he's becoming more injury pro. Now he's thirty as well.
Speaker 1: You know what, he'll get better because it'll be less reliance on him as they as as the kids grow and really sink into the sink into the system.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Al let's not forget Dylan Walker the role he plays.
Speaker 5: He was super signing.
Speaker 2: He's like a third half. He's been so good, he's been so good, so he's a backup as well.
Speaker 1: Well. Jason went and got him specifically because he knows what he wants to play, so he needed another ballplayer, you know, a ball player in the forward. So it's like I say, everything is done. It's been very deliberates for him. We buy him for this reason.
Speaker 2: My only concern is Jack de Bellin is the only signing for next season. So we've we've got to have parents, got to have more money in the cap than any other team because there's just been like eleven players released, including Gilan Brown, right, so the money has to be there. I don't know who to spend it on, but there's been no other signing other than the Bellon, so I know, I know that they're using a bee chunk of that money to extend and keep a bunch of the current players. But I think we still need another middle forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe stacked stacked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know, But I'd like to see some some more signings. But depends on who's available as well. You don't want to sign players for the hell of exactly.
Speaker 1: And Jason we found this year. Jason will not just sign somebody willy nilly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Bellin's are going you love you.
Speaker 1: He's very very good.
Speaker 5: I can't believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the kids grow so much and he's a lot of Chevy that defend the room.
Speaker 5: He's the best.
Speaker 2: He cuts be half. So finishing in twelfth with the Cowboys, to me, this is a definite fail. I expect a lot more that was club.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were top eight last year.
Speaker 4: They they're Broncos last year. They've got a great team.
Speaker 2: They had a lot of injuries, but so did everyone. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But like remember we were talking last year, like you guys were like, what's happening with Broncos, right, and like it's my old thing, Like you know, it's not necessarily the coach, it's the management. You can't have a team that has ded and Perdue Derby, Like you can't have a team like that, labor like all of them and not have.
Speaker 2: Like not reach.
Speaker 4: They like there's something.
Speaker 1: Top four drink drink water, Perdue labored Please yet let's forget McLean, you know, Tamlo Cotter no no please.
Speaker 4: But there's just a top When we get to the point when we're analyzing sometimes like obviously because I think more external, they're just like Bronks last year, like they have the team, but there's just not there's just something that's not not happening. Because when they're on there on right, like it doesn't matter if Tamal is in or not, all the other key players, but when they're on like did and took us, you know, to origin win, you know what I mean, alongside obviously everyone else, but he's he's everywhere, you know.
Speaker 1: But that was that was pretty like disappointing to see that, you know what, and I think you said you said it just before tea. It's there in us in the face. What the Cowboys need? Where do you find them? They did a finishing coach. They need a coach like like Brisbane's got now, who's a finisher? Who gets who gets trophies? There's coaches. We've spoke about this over the years. I'm not sure if you're prival to these conversations. There's coaches that can get you close to the eight. There's other coaches can get you world established into the eight, maybe even the top four. And there's a handful of coaches that win comps.
Speaker 4: Well, you've got Peyton that's in his last year next year.
Speaker 1: He's a finishing coach, obvious, and they.
Speaker 4: And they've got they changed over the CEO who hasn't been appointed yet as well, like he announced his retirement probably about six months ago, so you've got a bit of like uncertainty anyway in that team. But disappointing because like I was really hoping that, you know, Queenslanders have Obviously I'm biased, but we have good Out of our four we have decent teams. Actually three the Titans, but you would have thought that at least two would have made the top eight. And my pick was Cowboys. So it's it's disappointing, right, But.
Speaker 1: The problem is that Wednesay.
Speaker 5: I think he's a bit harsh on Payton because last year, right, the back line was Cole Felt Homes that lay button to a LUGGI A Lugg has missed the whole year. Homes has gone and Felt retired, so the whole back line is different, it's new. And then they had Chad Townsend as a half. He left, so all of a sudden, you've got a new half. So that's five out of the seven players change in the back line from one to seven. Five new people have come in and the young kids. Yeah, so it was it was it's a failed don't don't get me wrong. Fifth is a fail. But he's put a lot of young kids and they some games they played outstanding but then the others they just showed their immaturity and three games away the defense was just poor.
Speaker 4: I never have an issue with the coaches like, actually I don't feel like they have that Like obviously they're direct to the players, but I don't feel like that they're holistically impactful. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, do you want to hear you want to hear the impact of the coach, And this is what they're not.
Speaker 1: Sorry, they're not impactful. No, like the top four and they got the biggest chance to win the carp Yeah.
Speaker 4: But if we talk it like you know, we were talking about Titans, I talked about a lot. You can't blame Peydon. You can't blame des like if they're being told to put that player on or take that one off, because it's you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know George, I don't understand your reference. What do you mean impact?
Speaker 1: So yeah, so obviously what what Broncos needed was.
Speaker 2: Was a finishing Their last coach had him in the Grand Final two.
Speaker 5: You know you got him in the Grand Final two years ago.
Speaker 1: We said that this coach is can get you up there and close. There's the coaches can win that's away from winning.
Speaker 2: Minutes gave.
Speaker 5: The coach, He gave Penrod, He gave a bigger run for their money than the Storm last year, Paramatta House and anyone else played.
Speaker 1: Who got the ring, It doesn't matter, doesn't matter, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not the coaching coaching. That's the players on the field or the other team doing something special. But that's not the coaching. Couple couple of thirteen minutes down to the coaching, unless you unless he made a drastic substitution or something which he didn't.
Speaker 1: Yes you can.
Speaker 2: Adam Reynolds kicking the ball out from a line dropped out on the fall, that's not coaching, coaching based experienced player in the game, but it's it's it's.
Speaker 1: All about playing the moment. Become composed, composed, and you get trained to be composed the moment.
Speaker 2: Who was signed, who was signed as a as an older player, Right, Adam Reynolds one of the most experienced players in the game. He doesn't need composure coached in it at this point, at this point in his career, he took a line dropped out in a Grand Final, kicked it out on the fall. That's not nothing to do with the coaching. You're just looking for a way to attack waters and that's wrong.
Speaker 1: No. I love Keivy.
Speaker 2: That's enough to do with the I'm a fan of keev That's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Think if we're talking about the Cowboys, like, I don't think it's paytent like I think, it's just a collective. And you've got to think every team has had movement this year. Probably the only person I would shoot on in leadership is Gus called at this point, sorry.
Speaker 1: George, but I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree, you know, like like I think it's it's I think with the Cowboys, they have a great team on paper and when they're on there on, but they have like I love felt like he left, like you've had a lot of movement. You know, You've got a lot of movement up there, you know. I mean, but I was hoping they would get into the eight. I was hoping that they would.
Speaker 2: But for me, for me, and this is why I give Todd Payton a failed because for me, the coaching has judged over a period of time, not over a moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah what he's year five now.
Speaker 2: But they did have again, like a lot of other teams, they had a lot of key injuries as well, you know every again, like I said, most teams did. But yeah, anyway, for me, it's a fail. Thirteenth West Tigers, that's definitely a fail. What was It's a fail anyway you look at it because because you know, Para debuted six players this season and the Tigers have signed six premiership winners and we're still finished in front of them. So something's like going right at that club. Obviously.
Speaker 4: I know you know I said this about Raiders last year, not to say that Tigers will get to Raiders level next year, but Tigers have a different type of vibe at the moment.
Speaker 2: Jerome Leui took him from sixteen to thirty, so it's a massive improvement there.
Speaker 5: Seventeenth, I'll be seventeenth, sorry four spots. Even Para went from fifteenth to eleventh four spots, but back made the same improvement four spots.
Speaker 4: I don't feel Tigers will be a next year. I think they'll they'll be quite different.
Speaker 2: So for me, I think your big part of it is the coach.
Speaker 5: I'll give him a pass. I disagree with you because I thought got him from last his first year last year came in when Tim Shones left him a shithole and he had to sort of coach the last few. But this is his first year with an off season. He had the Galvin debarcle. Galvin's playing a lot better under what's his name, Seraldo, isn't he? He was playing pretty good under Benji. How's he gone under Serroaldo? Maybe maybe he should have stayed at the Tigers.
Speaker 2: Benji also has some very high profile signings may Brothers, Jerome Leuai. Yeah, he had. He had a lot of talent injected into the team this season, and I don't think it's a great improvement at all.
Speaker 5: They're going quite well until the Dogs went and got Galvin, because up until then, right they run around the eight, and then that took their one of their players, their key strike player, like they had Luai and Matt who played the whole off season together.
Speaker 2: The Dogs didn't take him.
Speaker 5: He left, and it disrupted the whole thing. You've got a whole off season when you're training your spine to do this, this, this, and all of a sudden it goes and then you've got to bring in a kid that has never played and it's just a mess. It's just and I thought he recovered actually they.
Speaker 2: Actually performed better with the al him for the next few weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't feel like it's Benji's fault. No, I don't think I maintained that it's never solely the coach's fault. I feel like there's player managers in there. I feel like there's a lot of stuff going on. I feel like I feel like the Tigers will be higher next year, and I'm all for underdogs, right. I thought, actually they would take the spring.
Speaker 5: We'll see that. From last two weeks, agother a chance of mathematical chance of eight. So from last to get to that plat position in two weeks to the end of the season's that's an improvement. Yeah, from last year to this year, it's an improvement.
Speaker 2: In the last two weeks, they did the same thing. They had a match winning lead with ten to twelve minutes to go and they lost.
Speaker 5: And I clocked off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Actually, Ali, I've got a question for you because I asked this question while you were over seas. This is why I believe Benji's not the right guy for the job. When Andy was sitting in that chair, obviously he's a Tiger's fan, and I'd like to get your opinion. If Benji's not coaching the West Tigers, do you think he's coaching another club?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: No, then he's not the coach. He's not the guy. Yeah, but he's not a career coach. If that's the case, then he's not he's not the guy.
Speaker 5: Too ely to call. It's too early to call. It's his first year and he's already improved from last to thirteenth, so that's already.
Speaker 2: It's one. Technically technically his third year, because he was he was the year before last. He was he had the rains last year, took over the reins.
Speaker 5: Last and in the they sacked Tim Sheen's because it was all going the ship and no one will take us, so they just gave it to him. He was sort of like throwing the team.
Speaker 2: And it hasn't improved much in a year and a half.
Speaker 5: From seventeenth to so they went.
Speaker 2: On for considering the talent they've brought in that they also lost talent. Take those players out they were to finish where they did. You know, he scored one try this year.
Speaker 4: So that's but you also have Bennett who's very experienced exactly eighteenth man three rounds.
Speaker 2: Ago, but don't you pay Bennett to Benji.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not his first time.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, like, if you have, if you have people like do we say is bad? We are we going to shoot on Josh harn next year because he's young. Coaches as well, Like I think, I think it's a complete collective. I think it's good. They went through an absolute ship storm. It was they are the team that copped it the most.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. I don't understand why because a player left.
Speaker 5: I agree disrupt that we just said before hal DC caused disruption because of his It was just the same. It was disruption with this whole Gallvant thing. They were in the press every day. They were just terrible for the players. And then the players had to turn on him because I was just pissed off because he threw the coach under the bus. Apparently, you guys.
Speaker 2: Don't think some of the big names at the Tigers underperformed this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we I don't have a buyers towards.
Speaker 2: Do I don't either. I'm pointing at fact, No I don't. I don't, but you don't. Everyone seems to forget everyone seems to this team everyone always gives excuses as to why they're not doing well, and it's bullshit. Right, this team's got six premiership winning players in that team for the first team.
Speaker 4: Right, The Panthers have won the premiership multiple years and and we're congratulating them for getting seven.
Speaker 2: Thanks for proving my points.
Speaker 5: Galvin playing next to Lewis and he looked pretty good. How's he going now next to Burton? Yeah, but you know, how's he going about? It's a better term, but how's he going? Bene obviously knows how to coach better than Sorolla by the looks of things, because he's called Galvin played better than played better at the Tigers than he is.
Speaker 2: At the Canterbury So that's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: That is, It's not how's he playing now? How's Galvin playing now?
Speaker 2: He had a couple of won a game for the Bulldogs a few weeks ago against the Dragons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could play against the Dragons game. Yeah, Honestly, I don't know. Georgia would know more. Your Bulldogs fan, are you're happy with Galvin?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon?
Speaker 5: He's playing better than he was at the Tigers.
Speaker 1: At the Bulldogs, it's a different can't. You can't compare.
Speaker 2: But he's also he's seven. The Bulldogs have got him at half back and he's a five eight. Right, that's what everyone forgets as well. He's not a half back. He's not half back.
Speaker 4: And I think without removing like you know, if I was like, is my version of Nick's Tigers is Titans?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: You have a really great team in there. There's lots of controversy in there. But I think for what the Tigers had to go through with Moses picking like a feral vulture through that team, like absolutely gasping, absolutely obnoxiously.
Speaker 2: But that's that's my problem for me. That's all bullshit. And this is what I don't have a bias towards the Tigers. I have a bias against the bullshit people keep coming up with to excuse them. And you've got to you've got to pull that back and say, this club has not made the finals in fourteen years, right, There isn't there's a there's a there's an overarching reason for that. It's not the bullshit that everyone keeps picking at that.
Speaker 5: You know, the Paramot doesn't want to a Grand final this century, and every other Sydney club has the Tigers are one one, the Dragons won one, Cronullas one one, everyone else but parabm one one thirty something years. So why haven't they got a problem and the Tigers have Well, Tigers haven't won for fourteen years and the parent since eighty.
Speaker 2: Four, because because we've been more consistent, we've been in the finals a lot of times this century and they haven't.
Speaker 5: Well, Tiger's win in one final this whole century and they won it. Paramatter has winning three and they've lost three. So yeah, I don't know, Tigers.
Speaker 1: Have you got a better record over all the century.
Speaker 5: In the final?
Speaker 2: At least we've been in three.
Speaker 1: Do you think from from last year to this year they've improved?
Speaker 2: No, Well, the table they end up last year, they've improved three spots, but look at the look at the buyer turnover that they've gone. They should be a lot better than that. Okay, okay, And in Jerome's in Jerame Louise words, if I was he last year, we would have been in the eight.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's ludicrous. But I think they've improved from one year to the other, and next years the one, next year next he's the one.
Speaker 4: Yet I feel like they've done well. I don't think the answer, like I don't know in this snow, like if Benji was to leave, like I probably wouldn't replace him with Hasler or Paydon or anyone else, like I think, you know, he's doing the best he can and that's what I see, and it's good to see them get better, Like I think that's that's probably they've probably copped the most from a team and that's been coming from a Bronco supporter, and it will be interesting to see. I think next year will be very different.
Speaker 2: To happen, just like I mean, I don't care how you spin it, and yeah, yeah, Adie're right. Para haven't won a Grand Final and a few other teams have won one Grand Final in the last thirty years, but this team hasn't made the Semis in fourteen years in a comp where half the team makes the Semis. So if you think that's a past mark for me, that's.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying. This year is last mark. I'm not saying there in general, but this this year.
Speaker 2: Is a plastmark. Yeah I disagree, that's my opinion.
Speaker 5: That's fair enough, mate, Who's thanks Rabbit, Rabbit.
Speaker 2: Rabbit to fail for me for sure, lots of.
Speaker 1: Last year.
Speaker 5: What last year they did.
Speaker 1: Close to well?
Speaker 4: Bennett came in Ji Gray to make way for King Latrell utilized more.
Speaker 1: He will though, I'm sure you will be.
Speaker 5: Do you think the loss of Cameron Murray and Latroll most of the year impacted them a lot?
Speaker 1: You think I think four of injuries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they had a lot of injuries. But yeah, like Nick said, every time that had injuries, he can't look at that every time, you know.
Speaker 4: I had this thought, like what if Bennett's actually losing it? I had this thought where I was like when he didn't have an eighteenth man, Like, can I say Ashton Ward amazing? Poor kid? Every time he plays, everyone's like, god, he needs a steak, but he is. He is brilliant, like he is.
Speaker 5: Very I got a question killing killing j we didn't go for Flanning and any.
Speaker 2: Question for you? Yeah you said it was of three finals. I mean, did the Dragons lose before they wanted to.
Speaker 5: Sentry this century?
Speaker 2: How did they lose before they were merging?
Speaker 5: Since the merger?
Speaker 2: How did they lose before they won? Twenty ten?
Speaker 5: Which one Saint Georgia Laurel Or Saint George because they became to Georgia laure Club. So they lost the one and the.
Speaker 2: Lost four Grand finals before twenty ten, was it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they weren't living in a row, so they made up.
Speaker 2: Question, can you.
Speaker 4: Focus all your attention on the Titans and just make me happy during these podcasts?
Speaker 5: Titans Dragon Raber.
Speaker 1: It's a fail.
Speaker 5: It's a fail, even though they went up a couple of spots. It's a fil.
Speaker 4: No should just stuck it out with Dolphins or any other team.
Speaker 5: It's a good question. It's a good question. Tenyre raise that has been lost a he just starts sort of loss.
Speaker 2: I reckon all the older coaches have I think the coaches taken over.
Speaker 1: So yeah, what Nick saying is true. The game has evolved and and some like the older coaches are still holding holding on, holding on. But the games evolving, so paramount of fragments like has changed the style of of what they what they're how they're playing, Soreldo changed.
Speaker 5: Bellamy Cleary, would you classify clearly as a younger coach or an older coach?
Speaker 1: On the younger one younger? But it's a different system again.
Speaker 5: And what do you classify the older coaches your one Flanagan and McGuire Flanagan, what about maguire McGuire.
Speaker 2: No, I have McGuire around the having around the Cleary Cleary, Yeah yeah, but kind of in between. Bellam is the exception for me.
Speaker 5: Twenty year is well, the top two teams of old coaches, it's Ricky and Bellamy. So yeah, yeah the Grand Final?
Speaker 4: Is it that they're old coaches or that the most consistent with their team? Because Ricky has been and obviously Bellamy's.
Speaker 2: Well, Ricky's Ricky won a Grand Final in his first season. He's never won one since.
Speaker 4: I love Ricky Stewart, don't you know.
Speaker 2: But if you want to compare apples with apples, right, he must be shipped then, according to some of the stuff we heard earlier, So maybe he should, maybe he should give it up.
Speaker 4: If we look at the most the coaches that have stuck at in with their teams, that have been consistent and stayed with their teams, I reckon they're the ones that I got little broncos. I can't explain that, but they're like those top two. That's that's pretty telling. But yeah, Rabbits, I don't know. I actually had a genuine thought, Like when Bennett didn't have an eighteenth man like that, whatever around that was, I was like, what is happening?
Speaker 1: Have enough players that?
Speaker 4: That is absolutely insane in my.
Speaker 1: Opinion, because remember they can only use registered players, so if you're bringing from outside the outside the I think it's against the cap. So that's all they had. What else was injured?
Speaker 4: But he knows that, Like what level they're playing out right?
Speaker 1: What do you do when you you got injuries and you've got no one to play?
Speaker 2: What you did?
Speaker 4: I think his biggest trail was Gray, Like I know, Latrell whatever, I'm not a fan of la trail, but like you should have that. He should have utilized g Ji Gray a bit more.
Speaker 1: But I think he's learned his lesson. Now, I bet you an your money next year. Yeah, I will be full back.
Speaker 5: I think so too. Yeah for sure, it's easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah anyway, Yeah, So the Dragons finishing the fifteenth, for me, it's a foul.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, that's the worst, disgusting, It's terrible.
Speaker 1: It's a foul.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They lost a lot of very close games.
Speaker 1: That's still Look, the only good thing I can see with the Dragons is this they've introduced some new kids, which they they look good. They look okay, so they are king tongall.
Speaker 5: Can't matter, and so did the roosters, and then they played so much better, so that's sort of an excuse. So well, the whole team.
Speaker 1: If I, if I look at Coronella, and what Coronella? He works on basement to lift the basement up first. Okay, so he tries to lift the basement first and the bottom of the border goes from bottom up and let's see what happens. I don't know. And at the end he had some stars. But let's see. It's a fail, but definitely a fail.
Speaker 5: Change the name to the Flanagans. Don't call them dragons anymore. It's to the Flanagans.
Speaker 1: It's a fail.
Speaker 5: It's a fail. Jeez.
Speaker 2: The Gold Coast Gold Coast Titans are familiar to massive foul.
Speaker 5: Did we all tip these guys to be in the I did?
Speaker 2: Maybe I shouldn't say it so I don't get attacked. But thanks to them winning their last game, they avoided the Spoon.
Speaker 4: Titans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: Titans should be in a grade in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Great, they've got a good tea. Do you think do you think they called popa is Tina when not going to stay and all that? Do you think that I haard.
Speaker 4: Tina was going to Perth Bears. I don't know, because his brother's going to russ isn't he?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: Where's he was looking at it? Definitely leaving.
Speaker 1: I was looking at the you know they're all going to stay. Now when Hanne comes in Ole Isaac?
Speaker 5: Are you talking about his brother Isaac?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Isn't he going to England?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe the Cat Dragons because I remember because it said farmer silly joins Dragons and I got excited and then I didn't his brother joining the Cat I you were joking, you can get another right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Titans just need a really like Nick when I think when you're in Melbourne. I did a very thorough overview of what I would do with Titans, which b sickly means I should just run it. But they just need to really pull their ship together and focus on on the Gold Coast influences.
Speaker 1: They talked about that two three weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's the only reason we put Titans to be top eight because it has luck. I didn't put Yeah, but my coach is there. Does that mean we're not going to look at them as a threat next year because it is a good coach, that's what we're here. Okay, that's what we're here.
Speaker 2: But it's not a coach yet.
Speaker 5: There's exactly right. Yeah, but he's give.
Speaker 2: It takes three years to build a team. I've always said that in any sport, it takes three years to build a team. When you when you take over someone and you're stripping back and you rebuild and you change everything. It's for me, it takes three years to build a team.
Speaker 1: Takes three years.
Speaker 2: Said that, and when these and when these clubs sign, that's the biggest problem is when these clubs signed coaches. It's becoming like English and Italian soccer. When you get sacked after a month if you're not performing, you know, it's Italy. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but.
Speaker 5: He had an example a few weeks ago where the guy got sacked after a weekend, didn't he it.
Speaker 2: Was along the coach he got. He got sacked on a Friday. The caretaker lost on Sunday. He was really high on Monday. That actually happened Italy. If you look at if you look at coaching. Italy have a new coach, and they played two games over the last three days. Right they won five nil and five four beautiful? Right, mind you five four? They scored two goals. But in the first game it was and this is you want to talk about the impact of coaching the coach catus, right it was it was five neil. The other day on Saturday it was nil all halftime and you could google this. Gattuso went in the change room and slapped some of the players try and Raspadori said, yeah, it's true, you guys. I slapped in the back of the head and they came out one five.
Speaker 1: You love I love I love it already that I love you already.
Speaker 2: When when they hell of Italy ever scored ten goals in two games. I love coaching.
Speaker 5: I've got to show your clip.
Speaker 1: He is the best. I love him.
Speaker 2: I believe, I believe they do have him.
Speaker 1: I love him already. But he coached a few Where was he in Italy?
Speaker 2: Did he coach alone? He coached?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love him already.
Speaker 5: I think he coached Olympia course and he coached in Turkey.
Speaker 2: But she didn't you, I don't remember what he said in the press conference. Yeah, when he was I think it was when he was coaching Olympia. Yeah. The ship, guys, sometimes it may be good. Sometimes maybe ship.
Speaker 5: Sometimes would be good sometimes.
Speaker 1: In my life it's like.
Speaker 2: I think, I think we I think we're all going to agree that the Night's finishing last is a definite fail. Yeah, you know what, that club is a hot mess when you look at the roster and now the fact is that the Dylan Brown thing and Ponger. I don't know. For me, I've always said I didn't want to see Brown go. But for me, I think I think they've made a huge booboo here.
Speaker 5: They signed sand and Smith four years.
Speaker 2: No, yes, that's a good sign.
Speaker 1: How many halves they want.
Speaker 5: Well, they're going to put Crossland at hooker, Sandon Smith and this other guy what's his name. You're going to get Brown and they're going to have Fletcher back and Klum Ponger at the back.
Speaker 4: Okay, is the most overrated player in the whole Nrlaylor Ponger.
Speaker 5: Not when he's on, when he's on his injury, he's another turbo tempo ah. Yeah, but like longer term, two months, a lot of injuries.
Speaker 2: So how about we run through the results just quickly. We'll just spend the minute or two. Bronco is thirty points to fourteen over the Storm. Storm back to back losses for the first time this season, So good quick summary on this one.
Speaker 4: She talked about it for an hour. So we have this running joke if I told you Nick, But every time Meg goes to song called Broncos Losers Magic Round. She's been to like five games.
Speaker 2: She was there with me a few weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, everything.
Speaker 1: She's going to go this week? Did she no?
Speaker 4: But we figured out the trick. She got tickets with a massive construction group up here, and she's like, maybe if I sit in another seat and not get the tickets, maybe we'll win. They won. Manny begged her to not go because he knows about her losing street. Anyway, I picked him up from camping. He's like, oh my god, did they win? And I was like yeah. He's like, oh, I did it? Only make not go? And I was like, no, she went. He's like, Okay, her curse.
Speaker 2: Is not going.
Speaker 4: But I would probably say this was so exciting because I went to the Melbourne Broncos game last year with the guys from Jonathan Thurston Academy. And I was livid in my response to the fifty to six score or whatever that Melbourne put on us because I had remember nick I rangy. There was a guy behind me justling me and look, I like the Storm. I don't feel like they've played like well enough to you know, be where they are, Like I think they get.
Speaker 2: Like the last month has been pretty bad for them.
Speaker 4: Well, Caragan blew up. He was like, they've had eight restarts.
Speaker 2: It was three.
Speaker 4: But Storm get We all said it probably four weeks ago. Do the higher profile teams get more leniency?
Speaker 2: They do?
Speaker 4: It was very obvious that there was a bit more of our side with Storm and Storm was just not doing that well. Like it was funny because I was watching.
Speaker 2: They also lost Hughes very early on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, of course, but how many players of Broncos lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you look, I mean, like you see with Reynolds, when you lose your when you lose your one of your key players.
Speaker 4: It hasn't been but we if you look at every team every week, we haven't had a full stack original team consistently with us.
Speaker 2: Most most teams have had. Yeah, that probably, but I.
Speaker 4: Feel like we've adapted quite well. But it was funny because obviously the Reese Welsh toilet water thing, and everyone's like, Reese Plumbing should be the new sponsor. I don't know if you guys, you guys would know res plumbing and even Stags at the end, they were like, oh what do you think of all she And he's like, oh, my little plumber mate. He's like, maybe I need to start drinking that water. But one of the commentators was like, he's turning the toilet water into wine.
Speaker 2: It's funny. Any plumber that you know will tell you that those toilets are always used before they're installed, but or just after they're installed.
Speaker 4: I think people in Africa would be very happy to drink our toilet work water versus the water that they're drinking over there. We are very clean toilet water. But anyway, but yeah, no, I thought I thought it was brilliant. I thought it was It was a really insane game. It's that Queenslander thing that George talks about. That that's it in motion, because everyone what was it order one that we won't that we weren't going to win, and it's a different kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: Let's just move on.
Speaker 5: I just want to say one thing. After we didn't do the pod last week, but after last week, Russ has put forty on them in one half, and I thought, imagine what Bellamy's going to do on my training So everyone thought Storm was a lock. They were going to beat the Broncos no matter what. No one saw it coming. Honestly did anyone, Like.
Speaker 2: I said, it's the first time we've lost back to back.
Speaker 5: It's just unbelievable. Imagine the training sessions this week would have been double there for you.
Speaker 2: So they don't have used, they don't have Pappenhaus and they don't have Solomona this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that wasn't even he was present on the field, but he was not there last week. But I said to Nick, I have never I saw Bellamy smiling. And I said, I've never seen anything that has chilled me to my bones.
Speaker 2: I think Jerome Houston, he's played for ten minutes in the last six weeks or something. He shouldn't have come back.
Speaker 5: They shouldn't have. Yeah, they rushed him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sea was twenty seven, Warriors twenty six. Jeez, the Warriors are fall off a cliff haven't it.
Speaker 5: Big time, big time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but James Fisher Harris scored a record the record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean seven seconds something for that. But it was good to mainly win for DC his last game and the way they won DC kicking a field goal and then that field ended up being the difference, So it was good for DC for the players. But yeah, blood of a game. Warriors are falling off a cliff. Like Nico said, Man, I don't know what's happening with them. They've lost their best players, They've lost Barnett and the injuries. Yeah, yeah, but still every time's lost players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean it's like again, like they lost what's their half beast name, Metcalf. Yeah, so you know we can't underestimate Melbourne losing Hughes as well.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big thing. But like you said, every club, every club is affected at this somebody year. Roosters thirty six six over the Rabbits. That was pretty predictable, I.
Speaker 5: Think, yeah, I think, so it's only gonna be one winner.
Speaker 2: Risters have been playing really well.
Speaker 5: We're going to call the Quantus guy Highlight reel human highlight rule. Every game, the guy does something that's bloody.
Speaker 2: See the two tries against PARAMOUNTA did you have freaky freaky?
Speaker 5: Every week he does something freaking freakish.
Speaker 1: It's the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he's got twenty two tries or something this year, isn't he?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mickey Mark, Yeah, human highlight reel freakish. She's the best.
Speaker 4: I did not see, but over the weekend I did obviously during that.
Speaker 5: He's a lock for daly m. Honestly, he's been outstanding, a very game I think I think telling him up, Yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure, has had probably the best season I can remember him.
Speaker 5: Having to agreement his first years captain, which.
Speaker 2: Makes it makes it no, but it makes it pretty silly when you think about he didn't origin Yeah no, but yeah, the Rabbits will be glad to he is over. I think they were probably the heaviest, most impacted teams through injury, weren't they there, So they'll be glad that she's over. I don't know why you'd bring Cameron Murray back for one game, but you sort of rested him for next year.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he wanted to wanted to come, wanted Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to play.
Speaker 2: Says a lot about him, doesn't it Dragon's Panthers forty points to twenty. Yeah. Again, this doesn't surprise me because in the last game of the season, when you've got a team that's got nothing to play for, and then when you've got a team who's getting ready for the Semis, got to be hard to get up for these games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a training run for the Panthers. Honestly, it was nothing. They rested all their players against the Bulldogs to play this one because I was worried about them, But it was It was hard watch. It was a hard watch. Penrith just looked like I was just going through drills.
Speaker 1: They'll running.
Speaker 4: But also carle Flin again played twenty four hours after his child was born. I think that was a good thing.
Speaker 1: Good good boy, can't Yeah, and they're.
Speaker 4: Really missing homes right, we know, like homes is such a decent player missing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're missing everyone, everybody missing anything.
Speaker 4: I'm shocked about the Titans winning.
Speaker 5: I can't even talk.
Speaker 4: I can't even believe people turned up.
Speaker 2: So that was that was That was history of repeating the same thing happened the week before? Am I wrong? No, No, don't give me that face. Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 2: Everyone gets everyone gets shitty at me for pointing out the facts. The facts are they had a match winning lead with twelve thirty minutes to go and they shipped the bet Again, am I wrong?
Speaker 5: They didn't score any points in the second half of the Tigers I were twenty eight twelve up and then they just put the Q in the rack and did nothing.
Speaker 2: And then people wonder why I criticized end of the year. By the way, the Tiger's n ROLW team is about to get the second spoon in a row as well. Yeah they Yeah, par.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know that from the camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was something we needed because it was just it was really nice to see Desi and Foreign finished the rest.
Speaker 1: That was the best part of that game. Yeah, besides a bit of fun on the on the field and the fullback whatever his name is, it will say good. Yeah. The best part of what we're seeing Dessi and Foreign.
Speaker 2: George is the course for Concern four down to the Sharks. But you had a similar situation last season too, right, and we all know the comp starts in September.
Speaker 1: It does, it does, But I've seen you know, I talk about habits all the time, because I really believe in them, and I've seen some habits four minutes in the Dogs. And everybody talks about the great defense, but when you haven't got a middle, and and if if Kronela can crush our middles, god help us what the other other good teams can do? And this has got nothing to do with Galvin. If you're not going forward and no, but he.
Speaker 2: Has definitely had an impact since he's I mean, some of those kicks the other night were horrible.
Speaker 5: Terrible, terrible, Yeah, absolutely terrible.
Speaker 2: But but I think I think you know and I don't. I can't say it's Notny's fault. He's out there playing, But I think this kid was thrust into the limelight in a position that he doesn't play in a club that was coming first, so much expectation. And Phil good who Gordon Tallis actually said the other night on three sixty, which was a really good point. He said, when I when I debuted for Origin in the in the media, Phil Goold said that I was a bench player. He has that affected me. It motivated me, but it affected me. He goes on the flip side. If he tells me I'm the best teenager he's ever seen. I'm under more pressure than ever. Yeah, and that might be backfiring on Galvin at the moment.
Speaker 1: If you really want well, I actually think about Canterbury and you know we've talked about it, you know, because Phil Goore has had this idea that Galban is going to be in a mortal and he did what he did and we know what he did to get him over. Well, I think the chickens have come to to Russ. I'm not sure if he's if he's that, if he's that pope of kid that we think he is. Now, only time will tell us if he is, and he could become a mortal. But write this right this moment, Nicole, right this moment. Before he came on board, we were we were coming first or second, and they had they had a style worked out. And then you've brought a kid asking him to play into a system because Bulldogs are a system based.
Speaker 2: In a position, in a position he's never played, they.
Speaker 1: Never played before, and they're asking him to run Toby's lines. So it's not do you it's no, no, you do what we tell you to do. Well, the kid will take you know, A couple of years to learn.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like the Dogs are better. I don't feel like the Sharks are better than the Dogs. I reckon they have a sweet draw, but like the Sharks had but I.
Speaker 5: Played well, they played well, they played will they played Yeah.
Speaker 4: But like I wouldn't say that particularly don't. I don't feel like they should.
Speaker 2: I think the Bulldogs are a better team than what we saw the other night. But in my opinion, in my opinion, I think the Galvin judgment needs to happen this time next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, next year. Yeah, yes, absolutely, be fair. Absolutely, that's what I said that. But what they're asking him to do now is really unfair.
Speaker 2: Because I think he, you know, for a kid who decided he wanted to leave the club he was at, I've never seen that much hoopla around the situation like that before and then and then with getting him over to the Bulldogs, he was really thrust into the limelight in a team. It's different when the team's not at the top of the table, you know, but to be put in that position, a team that's that's coming first or second, in a position you're not familiar with, yea, go for it, you know, it's really tough.
Speaker 4: Absolutely no decision's decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean. The chickens come to rusts and and and this is what Galvin wanted. Yeah, I always said he wanted out. He said he wanted out, and.
Speaker 4: He said that Yah's true unsafe, and Gus back to him and his player manager backed him, and he made the decision.
Speaker 1: That's what I wanted.
Speaker 2: And I believe that it's all going to work out well. But I just think we should give it another twelve months.
Speaker 1: And yeah, another season will see, but this year, like I said, unless something miraculously changes in the next fortnight, we're probably uh to and and and on the way to mad Monday.
Speaker 2: You know, by the way, SERERLDO and Gus both extended to twenty thirty one. Yes, did you say that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I left that.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 2: I'd be happy if I was a dog support.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing. It's a good thing. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 5: Just my two cents on this game, right. I found this game really interesting because I found like both coaches were out there to treat this game as a rehearsal. They put two strong teams. I didn't rest I didn't rest strong teams. And credit to Coronala I reckon this is the best of look going into a final series. I Thinkna needed this game like Salda. If Seraldo won this game, well fits he won this game like they would have gone into the finals with that extra confidence. And I think Fitzi needed this just as much as Sarraa did. He got the chocolates. Dogs lost Sherry early too. Don't forget they lost Sherry so that was a big loss.
Speaker 2: And credit and so we talked about talking about pappen House and Hughes in Solomona, Well the Bulldogs won't have her and Montoya.
Speaker 5: Credit to the Sharks. I thought they played really well. Nicko Hines was really really good, came in an lead at halftime. It wasn't an accident, it was because they played well kind of. Tracy made a couple of errors. He didn't have his best game.
Speaker 2: But does everyone does everyone agree that with Niko Hines that was not a hip drop tackle? Yeah? That was that was That was That was ridiculous that it was even considered that to be in with But.
Speaker 1: What about lose his legs?
Speaker 5: No, but what about the changing of the grading like do you agree with the process that happened over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I thought, I agree. I mean, look, it's it's in their code that they can always review and change something, right. I think it was common sense played out. That wasn't a hip drop tackle.
Speaker 5: It wasn't at all, but it definitely right. But I've never heard it before where a doctor send his report to the MSc and they said, oh, no, he hasn't got a serious injury, so we're going to change the grading. That's the first time I've ever heard that.
Speaker 2: I've always said that I don't believe the injury should reflect the incident, you know, because injuries can happen when no one's tackling you. You can do an ankle or something, you know. I don't like it when they peir up the injury with the tackle. I've never liked that. I just think common sense prevailed because that was not a hip drop at all.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but at this time of the year, I had one of the commentators say, I think it was during the Melbourne Broncos game. They were like, refs are getting a bit more relaxed as it's coming into finals. But it's very confusing, right because it's like these poor players are trying to figure out, like you almost see them and they kind of look at the reft to go, what's that going to be called this time?
Speaker 2: Like I say, like if you look at intent to answer your question already. Now I've not seen that before, but but I think we all saw a week before with the buzz Rothfield Stephen Krichn needs Yeah, exactly where when he wrote an article that had a charge upgraded. If you compare the two, whatever Steve Crichton was doing, I have no idea it was intent. It was intentional. I don't know what he was trying to do with his face off. I don't know. But the hindsackle was nothing.
Speaker 5: It was nothing, absolutely, But yeah, I just find it strange how that happened.
Speaker 2: That was just I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just hope next year we don't see these weird incidents where the must see make a call and then a medical comes in. It's like, can everyone Corona have a good team to beat roosters, So let's let Nico heines, you know what I mean. It's like that's what that's what some people are saying.
Speaker 2: How many times have you seen in like a week before the origin teams announced, or actually on origin where something has happened and they make a ruling the same night, you know what I mean, just just say everything's cleared up for the next game, exactly. No, but yeah, anyway, Dolphins sixty two twenty four over the Raiders. I didn't see this one, but Tam was keeping me updated on it because I was on my way to Paramount of Stadium. Every five seconds did the Raiders rest plays? They must?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But also so nice for the Dolphins, Like I was looking at stats before, Dolphins had the most points, like they're like Jermaine's the highest point score, they're the.
Speaker 5: Most tries, they've scored the most points and the most goals for the.
Speaker 4: Year like they are. And it's so disappointing because they had a really good run, like and I think Bolls done really well and they had bust out, you know, her be out like they've had a CONFUSI is always.
Speaker 5: In court, right, But I think that Cyclones at the beginning, Yeah, and you know what.
Speaker 4: They're fourth here we see them as baby Broncos.
Speaker 2: I think this This was nice for me, really happy at some point. I think being next year we're going to take the training wheels off.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're ready, They're ready, I think, if I'm not wrong, the Q Cup is in the prelim this week this week.
Speaker 5: You know what, I think, Christian Wolf is one of those most underrated coaches in the aal at the moment everyone's talking about But I reckon this kid. This guy's a good coach. He's going to be very He won three SUPERLA talks about him much as much as others, So I think he's done.
Speaker 1: Really do they do? They talk about him in Queensland much of a thing? Is it a sidny thing? We don't talk about him?
Speaker 4: No, it's not that.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I think the general consensus is people don't necessarily take like because we're very very much Broncos, like particularly like Sonny Coast Down. But I think the Dolphins are getting like a lot of hype. The area that the Dolphins are in is a very unique part of Queensland, a little bit Bogan, very Oh. But I think I think, you know, probably what I get is I obviously get a lot of NL feedback as well, but I think maybe like people are very still staunchly Broncos or cowboys, you know, And and I think he's he's getting a lot of a lot of reception up here. But you know, they're building their team, they're doing their marketing. We'll probably see the same with Perth Bears. I think it'd be harder for Perth anyway. But yeah, no, they're getting they're getting good runs too.
Speaker 2: But no, it was it was.
Speaker 4: It was great, Like it was such a it was good. And you know what, like the Raiders juniors that they put in, it's good for them to get a bit of experience of what that's like as well. So yeah, it's a good game.
Speaker 2: Nick. I was this. He was sixty six to ten over the nights. One thing I'm happy about was that they didn't take the foot off the pedal. Yeah, and we saw some real classic footy, even though it was against the team that finished last. I was very happy with the performance.
Speaker 4: I was saying to Nick. So, Cory and I were at the pub and we were watching the footy and we just like, because it's me, I just started talking to this old boy with that was sitting near us. He's like, I'm really nervous about the next game. I was like, oh, who do you go for? And he's like the Knights and I was like, oh, I was like, oh, one of my really good meets going for the Eels, And it was like the whole time we were there, I was sitting there and like the Eels just you know, Moses did this hat trick and I kind of was like, oh, it's okay, you know, like the Knights are going to get there, and just every trial I was like, I said to Corey probably at the sixtieth minute, and I was like, we should probably leave. It's so good.
Speaker 5: I did, and the Knights were in until they scored their first try. It wasn't in the first minute.
Speaker 2: The younger the fallback was was was really impressive.
Speaker 4: Young He's like one of my favorite Pensini, but.
Speaker 2: You is amazing Moses that try it from dummy half seventy meters out whatever it was, that was pretty amazing. Cars having one of the one of his best seasons I can remember. But all year though, is having one of his best years that I can remember.
Speaker 4: I was, you know, it's nice to see that people like at Oka and and Leui to a point in terms of how he was flipping everyone off last year. After Origin then moved to Tigers, like even with oka, like all his scandalous stuff last year, it's nice that he's gone to the Eels and actually he's become a responsible adult. Like you got to remember last year he was a bit how you going with a few things he did, and you could remember like, I am very against.
Speaker 2: He actually he actually said. I heard an interview with him on Triple Him on Saturday morning, I think it was or Sunday morning, and he was saying he's thirty years old now. He said, I've he said, I reckon, I've got five years left in me, which I think is a bit of a stretch, but he said, I definitely want to finish my career here and try and get a title here before I leave. And he has the big difference between now and the past few years, as I've dropped seven killers. I was carrying too much weight which was causing injury as well.
Speaker 1: So he's he's he's seven killers, yo.
Speaker 2: Seven killers, Remember that's what he said. Yeah, so he said he said, he said that extra few killers contributed to injuries in the past few years. And and he's a bit sharper now than he was, and he's had a great year.
Speaker 4: The Eels just have this like you know, I always bang on about it, but they've got this synergy, the thing that Dolphins have, the thing that Raiders have. They've really come together for a team that has turned over like ninety eight percent in the last months. They've done really well. But I love a youngie. He is hands down one of my favorite favorite players.
Speaker 5: And like Nick said before, like Paramatterans and Saint George, they're both cashed up. They've got so much money left in the cap, but there's no one out there the boy really like when you're think about it, who's available. Let's know one the next year.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask you guys, side note before you jump onto the next thing. And I was going to say, too, I do have to jump on the neck off in the next five minutes because I've got a big Guvey day tomorrow. But it's gonna ask you guys, what are your thoughts? And I don't know if you saw it, but Melbourne actually ended two of their contracts with George. Might know two of the Queensland feeded teams up here. Oh well yeah, it was Sunshine Coast Falcons and another one. But they ended it because they want to get more players from the new South Wales Cup and they had and so Melbourne Melbourne Storm have gotten people like Pappenhausen from like our Queensland players. But I didn't know if there was something that you.
Speaker 2: Guys they got from Tigers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they I saw it the other day. But they ended two major relationships because they don't want to get players from Queensland anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think that more money in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Well they said they want to get Yeah, so they want to get yeah, Sunshine Co's Falcons and Brisbane Tigers. It was announced this week because it came up in my feed. So both of the rugby league teams from those areas and now like did a very nice statement. But they've gotten a fair few players from Queensland and the decision was that they want to get more new South Wales.
Speaker 1: Yes, so what I believe tea they want to put more money in Melbourne pathways. They've actually got out they're actually starting something in somewhere called Logan. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well logans in Queensland Logans Logan. If it's not if the next team is in Ipswich Jets, you'd be getting Logan brothers. Logan Brothers is probably one of the best.
Speaker 1: Well, they said they're doing something there and they're doing that. They're looking, they're looking for opportunities in New South Wales to jump on a on a So.
Speaker 4: They mustn't have a big I can't imagine it's mainly AFL. But they mustn't have a big team of base in Victoria then for.
Speaker 1: League, No, no, they haven't.
Speaker 5: They haven't got one.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I think another team's got got started. I think the around the Geelong area is the strongest competition, which is I think out of western suburbs out there, I think, But no, not really. They haven't got a massive foothold, nor have they got juniors streaming through. So if they've got anything good, they take them and put them in the Queens got any good players, well I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I don't know. Maybe there's a commercial reason behind.
Speaker 1: That, but I feel as well, probably well, if it's not.
Speaker 4: Broken, don't fix it. Like they've have have had a fair few decent players from those from Tigers and Falcons. Yeah, yeah, Sunny Coast but no, I didn't know if you guys, if that can to you guys, But but Logan Magpies, they they probably are probably one of the best teams outside of Burly Bears on the coast or in Brisbane.
Speaker 1: In Brisbane logan, yeah are they are? They western suburbs, no south.
Speaker 4: So when you imagine if you drive from Gold Coast to Brisie, it's probably twenty five minutes from the Gold Coast on the way out.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not far.
Speaker 4: It's like Carmichael Hunt like that generation.
Speaker 1: What's their logan?
Speaker 4: What magpies that they're Probably I would probably say.
Speaker 1: They're kind of like a thank you cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd probably say they're kind of like a Roosters like kind of team, Like they're not Storm, but they're quite a decent decent team. But it's interesting, right, Like I found it interesting because obviously Storm have traditionally gotten a lot of Queensland players. Yeah yeah, yeah, but but yeah, I know, I don't. I didn't know if it kind of made it made it to you guys, No, not really.
Speaker 1: I just what I heard. They're trying to put more money into Melbourne's that's all I heard.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's a Storm like everything they touched with the Gold So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, already were moving into Crystal Ball.
Speaker 5: Had you take mate, It's it's really.
Speaker 2: More games anyway, this is it ten. Whenever you need to drop off, just let us know early tonight. But Storm hosting the Bulldogs on Friday night. Every one of these games, it's such a great round of audio. Every game is exciting to me. So I don't know what to expect from this because I think the Bulldogs will be up for it. I don't think you'll see the same perform as you've seen in the last couple of weeks. They're both impacted by injury, Melbourne probably more directly with Pappen, Housen and Hughes. How did Melbourne Storm react to their first back to back losses of the city. You know, well they can they lose three in or row? Is it possible?
Speaker 5: Well, we've got Harry Grant back and he makes it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 5: Last time he played they one. I think so since they left or he got suspended, they lost. He's a begin for them. Yeah, Hughes and Pepperhaus and Solomona. I don't know if he's a big loss, but what he's done is called verial, disciplined.
Speaker 4: Needs to just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've been saying, I've been saying it looks like he's been on the outer at Melbourne for a while and I'd love to sign him. I'd love to get him over and he is a bit of a liability that needs to be looked at it.
Speaker 4: I felt sorry for him because he doesn't he seems I'm going to say this nicely, but he seems quite simple.
Speaker 2: It's just like when you look at the tackle that he made, it's just really hard for a man that size to get down low enough. Yeah quickly like it was. It wasn't intentional, but when you're that I'll never forget when I saw Paul Harrigan placed on report for a high tackle on Jeff Tuvi, give me a fucking break, you know what I mean, It's the same thing. It's very hard for a man that size too.
Speaker 4: All the boys were I was actually shocked that Ardie and Judge are like, KAFUSI puts a grub because obviously I just see dolphins. But if Confus is going up against Jay Gray, you know that's a bit of a mismatch kind of thing. And Solomona, I think I don't think he's grubby. I just think he's a unit. And I felt bad for him. I feel like, and obviously the listeners didn't hear this prior, but the boys came on and gave their two cents. Maybe money simplified it. The Storm might win because Galvin's in and too the Sexton. Maybe maybe it's that simple. I do not know if Nick Meaney can't sort like his shit out just generally. I just I don't feel like the Storm have been playing as good as they have been in previous years.
Speaker 2: No, that's why I don't, you know, my mind says we're going to say a very very good Melbourne Storm this week again because my mind automatically goes there. But I don't know if for all you know how the wils falling off or there's it's even with the Bulldogs, like I expect a much better performance than what I've seen. I know George is probably not thinking the same way you kind of you're kind of giving up on it.
Speaker 1: George not given up, but this particular matchup, I mean last week they never Melbourne never really regained the ground, never got the ground. Brisbane just took the ground off him and didn't give it back to him. We got Harry, We've got Harry Grahant back and that's that's a massive upgrade. And Stephanos back in it as well. So make make the mistake. This is a club it's very, very used to being in this situation.
Speaker 2: The secretary experience wise, yeah, experience wise, they've definitely got the secretary out.
Speaker 4: George.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that his ankle, so that was I think that was from that tackle. Wasn't tackle.
Speaker 4: He's really been doing much though, like he's normally a guaranteed tri score every game.
Speaker 1: It wasn't playing all that bad. We have got Caras on the on the extended bench. So watch this.
Speaker 2: I think I don't think he's ready because I watched the press that was Surroundo and they said his cura any chance of being back next week and he goes long odds for next week. I just thinkt the cherries the bigger, the bigger loss.
Speaker 1: There they got they got it, Okay, they got early. Yeah, okay, that's a problem. Yeah, look a club that knows this time of the year. I'm surprised Peasants not playing half back and wish it is, but everybody knows the weakness of the dogs right through the middle, like Cornella showed us. I have no idea. I just want to see a really high competitive, physical game. I think we'll get it. If it was anything, I'll be leaning towards the Storm just because they've been in this situation. It's in Melbourne. That's the only reason I think.
Speaker 2: I think they're a definite favorites. I mean now and now, Yeah, they're a dollar fifty versus two sixty one, but I just think they used to being in this situation. They're at home, and also I feel like they are I don't say that convincingly that I don't. I don't know, I'm not I'm not respecting it. I'm expecting it. Maybe not a high quality game, but I'm expecting a doozy.
Speaker 1: To be honest, it'll be a doo undoubtedly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tips everyone, I'm going to Storm.
Speaker 2: I think I like the stormy Storm.
Speaker 5: I'm likely to be playing the Dogs because if they were playing the Broncos, the Raiders or any Roosters or Chanters, I think they'll struggle. But I think they got the Dogs so they can blow some storm Storm. Well, yeah, definitely blow some cobwebs out. Harry Grant is going to make a mass reference very great.
Speaker 1: Forget Monster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and their record against the Dogs last nine out of the last ten games.
Speaker 2: For me, I'm just thinking Craig Bellamy, factor number one, factor number two. Two losses in a row. I can't see three in a row.
Speaker 5: It's in Amy too, It's in Melbourne, Melbourne Bella.
Speaker 2: Bellamy's the CARTUSO of the NRL, you know what I mean. So I'd be scared walking into that locker room being here. Yeah, yeah, I think I think I've told you guys, just quickly. A couple of years ago, Melbourne Storm lost the game. I can't remember who was against, but it was a terrible performance. And it was the week before Magic Ground and in the press conference it was when Craig Bellamy said, if I have to replace the whole team with the new South Wales Cup team, I'll do that if we won't think twice about it, will And and I sat there going, we're playing him next week, all right now? What happened? It's sixty something something. I remember watching it. I remember when he when he made that comment and he was serious, right And I was just sitting there, going, we're playing him next week, you know, And it was it was thrashy. That's what I'm afraid of.
Speaker 4: Melbourne's downhill Sliders since he did that stupid rowing dance when Artie was away. But I think I was the last last body. But I feel like, like I said before, they are more scared of Bellamy than bulldogs are scared us.
Speaker 1: Rather, I think so, I think everybody's I'm scared.
Speaker 2: I think I think they're more scared of Bello me than anyone scared of anything. But anyway, yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Saturday at four o'clock or four our five, we've got the Warriors hosting the Panthers mm hmm in New Zealand, and I've got to go with Penrith because to me, the Wiris have just falling.
Speaker 5: Off in all Martin mitch Kenny's out. Okay, that's been no way, Mitch Kenny's out. But Penrith looks strong, definitely strong.
Speaker 4: It's quite good. There's just a difference, Like Pa said, is it raining. I think there's just a different vibe for New Zealand when they are at home. But I would say Panthers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well again, it's a similar as Similars the storm. The club that knows knows the week, knows the day. The secretary knows that the guy who carries the balls and know what semi final is all about. The coaches know what the players definitely know what what the what the what to do to get over this first game. So all I want to see is penrith habits coming back to doing and if they do that, they'll win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All ever do is Big Pendri.
Speaker 5: When they start resting a whole team two weeks out, you know that they're getting serious. They're ready for this, They're preparing, They've been preparing for this the last few weeks. So I can't see anyone to be worried. Can you see? Really good?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, These the next two games are absolute crackers. I don't know. Night Sharks hosting the Roosters one cracker of the game. And I agree with you guys. I think for the first time in the last three years, I think Sharks are coming into the finals ready. Yeah, they more so than the past three seas. This is where I.
Speaker 1: Didn't are going to disagree. He's going to tell us the Roosters their prime, the prime, they're prime. They're going to go to They're going to go to the prison and snatch a victory. And and for John and probably do the pen next week, and I'm saying that could happen, but after seeing them last week, they're ready.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sharks definitely read there, are prepared that Rusters have been playing really good football. Apart from that glitch with Parramatta, they've been outstanding. And who they're losing. Are they losing anyone? No one's out, No one's out one and the more is in the half back in. Trendle's in for the Coronlla and the korus back in, which is good.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a cracker.
Speaker 5: This is going to be a cracking game.
Speaker 2: It is it is. I'm I'm going to tip the Roosters, but I say that reluctantly as well. Yeah, for the first time since fitz Gibbons been there, I'm confident with the Sharks.
Speaker 1: I'm dipping the Sharks reluctantly, rectly.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad Honds is in. I'm glad Honds in because I want this is what I want to see.
Speaker 4: Because every time you guys have said they're playing at Sharks Stadium prison and they've got a pretty good hit rate there. I'm probably tipping at Sharks.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get the Rusters because This is the first time Robbo has got a full strength team playing in the final. Every every time that Rooster's make finals, he's always got like six injuries or something. Now is full strength and Robbo has got them.
Speaker 2: With Rooster is the favorite and sports Better dollars seventy four. My favorites last week, Yeah, favor means I think were there their favorites last weeks.
Speaker 4: Still my favorite last week. I don't know, Like, I think Sharks have a like and I'm these are my two most disliked teams, but I think there is some something I don't know these This is a hard game, but I'd probably go go Sharks in that they're kind of just workhorses, right, Like I just I think they just grind away and they've got twindle back nicer back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what That's what we're trying to do, is trying to make a robotic grinding team. It's look, it's taking him a little bit longer, but that's what he's trying to do.
Speaker 5: So it's an even split mainly.
Speaker 2: And in the last game, absolutely, this is when the Raiders in the Broncos camera.
Speaker 1: My godfather, how good is this game?
Speaker 2: You know? The Raiders are the favorites at a dollar sixty five to two twenty four. But I'm tipping the Broncos.
Speaker 4: What ship a psyche's over his hangover and he's back in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't, I don't know, Like I I try very hard, like I try very hard because I kind of go Broncos.
Speaker 4: But then, yeah, I never thought they were going to win the Grand Final against Pen the rest of a few years ago, but I and I feel like they've had a lot of changes. I'm going to tip Broncos, but I do it reluctantly, like and that's purely.
Speaker 2: Because I just I think. I think the big key here is semi final experience, which which the Raiders do not have, right, So I think if it's a close one under pressure, that's where the big names in the Broncos will win the game.
Speaker 4: I think I'm just going to count all the biffs.
Speaker 2: Beffs in foot anymore. It's handbags are ten paces, the shirt grabbing, they're.
Speaker 4: Soccer apl beffs've been watching. Yeah, I just think it it's almost like a not a mini origin, but it's going to be a I don't know, I actually had a thought that God, I would probably go down to camera to watch it this weekend.
Speaker 1: But the fun part of this game is the two completely different styles of play they're trying. They're trying to reach similar outcomes doing it a completely different ways. It's intriguing me. That's why I can't I can't pick a pick a winner. What I fear is that if Milk the Milk loses, they might go bang bang out because they are very the way they play, They're very team built on confidence, the way they take in all areas, even in bad ball. If they get that wrong, it could really spiral. And they've been getting away. They just just been getting away every game. But again, if the Broncos put enough pressure on them and they do fold up and lose, I'm afraid because they've been so much fun. I'm afraid that they go bang bang pop out. Broncos right this moment, right this moment, are playing semi final Rugby League. They're thrown all the previous Broncos a pluses and all the rest. How they try to get on the outside of teams and they just go through the middle. They're a team that just try to play a power game. And the Spice on top of it, is rece re shoots blinds, shoots middles and then Reees sweeps around around the back. They're built. They're built to win a comp. The way they're playing, they're built. They're playing semi final rugby league. It looks exciting because they're all superstars. But if someone another team will do it, you say, gee, what a boring team of Cornla, You'd say, but they do it so well. So I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't have a more experienced team.
Speaker 2: And that's where that's where differences.
Speaker 1: And they're far better. They're far better on paper, far better on paper. You can't. You can't deny.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't deny what the Milkers have done all year. You can't.
Speaker 4: I think George and I the only one sweating now, Nick sweet.
Speaker 2: I have sweated.
Speaker 4: I get very stressed.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, but I really have no idea. I'm leaning towards the Bronco, but I'm afraid I don't want them to go bang bang out the Raiders. I don't want to go bang banging out I really don't.
Speaker 4: The thing is the Broncos, even if the Raiders, like fans and stuff, give it to them. Broncos are used to.
Speaker 1: Get I don't think there's that's the issue. I mean, they've been you know, they've been through everything this hit this Broncos team. But I really really enjoy watching the broadcast play this power game. I really do so. I mean true, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: So who are you guys for this time?
Speaker 5: I think I haven't. The good thing about this game is these two teams meet now, so there's a good chance they can meet in.
Speaker 1: The Grand Final.
Speaker 5: I had to imagine they came to the other side and then they can meet at the end. So I wouldn't mind this being a Grand Final. I would love to, but I agree with in terms of experience. I agreed Broncos only were in the Grand five two years ago. So these guys are seeing red. They want to get there again. They're going to go out there and put in a show. But I reckon Ricky Stewart has got something up his sleeve to put them off their game, because Broncos can easily get put off their game. Honestly, if you put off their game, they start losing their ship. And I think Ricky has got the munition to do that. I think he does. He'll target rees, he'll go for the strength, will cause errors and they'll get on top. So I'm going to get Raiders. They've been the best team all year and that's.
Speaker 2: What I said.
Speaker 4: But like if that is my dream that this is a grand yeah great?
Speaker 2: Is there any Is there any by the way, this is my Grand Final tip. I think these two the Grand Final? Yeah, yeah, I do. But one question. I have Canberra at home, full house, Yeah, kicking absolute, But is what we saw against Cannoby this year and then pulled the wool over their eyes in the second half? Remember that?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is that something in the back of their minds this weekend That game was running perfectly until it wasn't. Is that is that something they consider? So Brisbane are that team that can do what the Bulldogs did?
Speaker 1: Pull your pants down? Yeah it's I always talk about habits again, and I believe every team have habits, and the Raiders have got a habit of letting up in the second half.
Speaker 2: They really do.
Speaker 1: They their teams back. You have every chance of beating the Raiders. You have every chance. And the game they lost against or they beat against the Penriff, they weren't the best team on the day. Now, they did everything right. They punched and they counterpunched. But if you look at field position and all the vital stats, penf had that in control.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you know what I was saying, mate, There was a stat by buzz Rodfield two weeks ago in a L three sixty and they looked at the teams in the top eight and how many games have played against top eight teams. Cameras played eight games and one seven. They only lost one game and it was that Bulldogs game. And when you look at that Bulldogs game, no leading, they had the game. They just put the Q in the racks. So what they did? I think they learned a lot from that because since that game, they won a lot of games. So it was a good learning curve from And maybe it was a loss they needed to get them to the first.
Speaker 1: Maybe, But this this will be an epic novel from from the foot. What we're going to watch the first minute to the last minute. It's going to have so many changes along the way, and you're going to say how many times Broncos are one, that's it, It's all over. Then you're going to say, oh, they're coming back, you know, I mean, it's going to be it's going to be. I can't wait, and I wish they do play two twice in a month.
Speaker 4: Really, they've played Readers once this year on Broncos and they've lost. Broncos also don't have a great track record winning away. But last year they played them twice and we lost one and one one. But then the previous year and I think it was like around twenty six they played Raiders in camera and one.
Speaker 1: I just it's a different I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would hope that Mag's really preparing them.
Speaker 2: Can say one thing because I'm one of those people who I never go on stats because I believe once the bell rings, nothing matters. It's not that it's like you don't say a team hasn't won this ground for five years or whatever. It's not in the players minds, right. Jack Gibson, the old Jack used to say, playing away means nothing because it's just a patch of grass with a fence around it. Right. And the other thing, tan you answer me this question, how many Grand finals a Vision one? They were all the way? Yeah, right, So would be confident they're.
Speaker 4: More than most teams. They have greater success at some uncle like.
Speaker 2: I just because any but don't forget a large number of those grand finals, the Broncos one. Back then we didn't have home finals. If you boys might remember, every final was at the s f SS well, even all the semis or the semis we played at a neutral ground.
Speaker 4: But if Raiders and Broncos get to the grand final, we'll still play in Sydney, which I feel is a bit ship.
Speaker 2: But no, why is this ship though?
Speaker 4: Because I don't want to go to Sydney finals.
Speaker 2: No, But but that's my point is like Georgia, you guys might remember, I don't remember what year the change happened. I think it was in the late nineties. Now I think it was in the early two thousands when every every semi final final was played at the SFS before before we had the home final system, which I preferred. I personally preferred the neutral ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this time of year, it's hard, right, we could go yep ruces all the way, but and God forbid, we don't want this to happen. But what if we saw even in the Eagles game, two players got sent to hospital and ambulance. What happens if something happens to Mike and Mark in that like the whole game can change exactly. And they they're tired. It's almost the end. They're coming to the end. It's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: You you know what, Sorry, if you get back, if you get back. A few weeks when Andy was on the pod, George, you might remember this. He made a good point because I remember, George, you said something about you know, it's hard for him because they've got to travel, and he goes, they've got one fucking job. They've got to get on a plane, right, this is what they do. This is what they do for a living. So they spend six days of the week preparing for this one game. Right, so at the end of the day, if they get injured, they're terrible. But then aside, they've got one job. That's it. So they need to be ready for it.
Speaker 1: Every team and both and these both teams in question. I'll be ready for it. I'll be ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't. I think if every game is going to be good, but there last two, especially for me, you.
Speaker 5: Know, worries me about this game as well. Mister Fixer actually climbs bloody referring the potential to ruin this game.
Speaker 1: Well, he is the worst, was it?
Speaker 2: George and I watched the game together. When was it, George, last Sunday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yes, it was last Sunday.
Speaker 2: Was it last Sunday? When? Yeah? When this was over?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I can't even remember who was playing there for yet, but were sitting was sitting beside the chat on the couch, and there's a forward pass right and the fans with flags. The linesman who, by the way, he looked older than dirt. I've never said he was in his fifties and sixties bold, I don't know who he was. He had the horseshoe haircut right, so he's definitely a grandfather. But he was right right there in line. And by the way, the pass was thrown from the senate to the winger, so he was literally a couple of George and I just looked at each other. And then even in the replay you see the two players the past and the lines of it and what you're looking at. There's a try that came from it, right, And remember, George, we just looked at each other. Do we just see what we just saw? Like how they got one job? They got one job. That's it.
Speaker 4: Seriously, Okay, I'm getting broncos I'm going to jump off because I got a big government thing tomorrow. But probably message you guys the box books.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that wraps up for the games. Over to you.
Speaker 5: No worries. I'll talk a bit of super legal reckon. Okay. So the results over the weekend we had the South. We're up to the last round. Now they've got one more round, one more round. So this is the second last round South of Devils six Catalan Dragons seventeen won by a point. There the hardest field Giants zero leads Rhinos twenty six. Brad After's got to be coach of the year mate, he just.
Speaker 1: Got Nicole brad Aarthur just got awarded coach of the year. He did get up happy for you, so he should because he's.
Speaker 2: Got he's got.
Speaker 1: He's got Leeds coming third with thirty six points behind Warriors. The Warriors which is Wigham thirty thirty eight and c I sorry, kr At forty two. So he's with a bunch of Neville nobodies. He's doing amazing, Yeah he is.
Speaker 5: He's doing a very good job there. Surprised he's not mentioned in the Knight's job But anyway, Castle for dogas.
Speaker 2: You know what that would never happen because Buddle the other coach is his best mate. What's his name again, the Newcastle coach. He and Arthur are godfatherest to each other's children, no there and their best so there's no way he'd step into that role. That for shame, I don't think so anyway, you know it's a shame. Yeah, yeah, shame.
Speaker 5: Castle for Tigers twenty six, Wakefield Trinity twenty two. Helens went down four points to Wigan Warriors eighteen top of the ladder. Clash there and Helen's have dropped. Tell us a bit about it, George.
Speaker 1: It was a great game. The score didn't indicate the game. It was a bash of fine. It was a grind fest.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: Wigan Wigham is a little bit better. Saints I'm not quite shit. I mean they're still in the top six, but.
Speaker 5: They're just not fifth.
Speaker 1: They're just not there, not.
Speaker 5: There, not there. Warrington Wolves twelve, Lee Leopards Ers in the world thirty four. Yeah, the two whole teams, Wholkingston Rovers eighteen four.
Speaker 1: That was Sunday night, that was Monday morning. I watched that. What a doozy, What a doozy, And let me tell you can I go back to Warrington. They lost again, but Sam's lost the dressing room and it's a good thing for me. He'll learn, he'll learn. Yeah, he'll learn, he'll learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So time it does, it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good man.
Speaker 5: So, like George said, Hulkingston Rovers forty two, Wigan Warriors thirty eight, Leeds thirty six, Lee Leopards ugliest jersey in the world. Fourth, I'm thirty five and Saint Helen's thirty two, which sets up a good clash. Next week Lee Leopards are playing Saint Helen's, so that's going to be a good game. Whoever wins that will take fourth spot. Now, yeah, fourth spot, so it's a battle for the fourth. There is a top six, top six, top six and that so they're both guaranteed finals football. Those two teams are their Leopards andt Helen's because Wakefield's twenty six points, six points behind.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit different in England. So the top two goes straight to prelimbs. Okay, sure, okay, then the others fight it out see if they can. So Hull and what Wigan will be what waiting? So who comes up through and they play straight for straight to again to the grand final. Yeah, so that's a little bit, a little bit different in England.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so very interesting. The one game I wanted to mention as well, between me and Unick, our two teams played in the New South Wales Cup on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, second verse third Paramatta was second Saint George, third Saint George a semi final. No, they're playing for the semi final stuff this week. So it ended up being a twenty four to eighteen wins to the Dragons. But it was very they played it. Yeah, they played it and finished twenty four eighteen, a very tight match. So I think Saint George lead from the Eels. Now, so how does it work with New South Wales Cup? Is the top four, top five, top five the top so I think Dragons play with the Warriors. The Warriors finished first, Warriors under and the Eels and Dragons were sort of battling.
Speaker 1: For a second.
Speaker 2: So we're still.
Speaker 5: Yeah third, second and third Saint Georgia second now and then it was a third.
Speaker 2: So is it televised?
Speaker 1: You got you got a stream. I didn't watch last week, but i'll tell you now what I've seen Paramatta, Yeah, Saint George. Forget the Warriors, they're on a different teams, lost one, they lost two games all year. They're amazing, but but they're still like they don't flog team, so you can you guys can still be them. But the Paramatta team and the Saint Georgia Law Warror team, yeah my godfather.
Speaker 5: And a lot of the players that you're seeing in the NRL in Paramatta are playing in the New South Wales Cup because they've been pushed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like St. George as well, they've got players playing in the lower grade. So both strong teams. We've both got good teams. At least we've got something to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Exactly cool. I mean, I mean, I don't know about you guys, but like I said before, we haven't apart from development, we haven't signed anyone. Yeah, so I imagine there's a heavy reliance on what's coming through. So we talked.
Speaker 1: We talked the regies with which I was talking about and all the youngsters. But there's even a step further down Nicola, okay, Paramotuta and war not in George. Yes, dat, I can't explain to you how how many how many kids I've seen Parramatta swap six and putting new a different six and are going there's good as as good as the other kids. They're just they're so stacked. Both clubs are both stacked. It it's embarrassing. It's like like the riches are embarrassing used to how how much kids you got coming through.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because I'm actually looking at an article now which had I seen it before, I would have gone through it. Maybe we can do it next week. But there's an article on Fox Sports that everyone can go and have a look at what where every team's who's leaving the clubs this year at the season. Yeah, yeah, you'd be surprised. There's quite a few players from a lot of clubs to party, but none of them kind of good enough to head hunt or does that make sense? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So to give you an idea that that Pendoff team you saw, the Regis Peneoff team you saw the play against the Dogs a couple of weeks ago, six of the six of those players are going to Super League.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're talking about the Dan Lorry's right, like that that caliber of player who's good, but you wouldn't really go after them unless you needed a back up utility or something.
Speaker 1: Maybe back up, yeah, back up maybe, but not not really. So what what Jason is doing and and and what Flannel is doing bringing up youngsters? Yeah, it's the only thing you can do. It's the only real thing you can do. And plus you've got him for about two or three years, so in Longley fragments like you're gonna have him for three years on a budget or a youngster contract until it comes off in three years and then everyone's going to bid for him. So then you've got to play him six to seven.
Speaker 2: And the only way and it's much easier to say this is September than it is in March, but the only way to do it is they just have to play. Yeah, and you're going to lose games, and you're going to make mistakes, and you know, you have to get that under your belt.
Speaker 1: Back in our day, Nicola, you'll have three or four years in in Regis or yeah, and you'll come up ready. But now it's only one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hated, but it's the one that they're being a lot younger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I only think Saint Georgian Paramount hope of picking up a good player will be from the English Super League. Honestly, Camera has done it and they brought some guns. So I think maybe we've got to start looking abroad because we find nothing. You'll find forwards, so there's nothing really available.
Speaker 2: I think if you look at what Pendriff did at the start of their run, I think that's the model that. Yeah, that at least these two clubs are looking at and Camera as well, by the way.
Speaker 1: Done the same thing.
Speaker 2: They've done the same thing, same because you know, when when Penris run started, they they had a couple of you know, like Maloney, they had a couple of key players that assist. But all these superstars kids, you know, So that seems to be the model.
Speaker 5: So that's it.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 5: About you, George.
Speaker 2: What did you go for?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what the things of of of God? Uh? For next week we're in the in the to our part and a lot of this stuff, a lot of stuff I love Tata to jump in. I've got I'm holding on to some correspondence as well which we can ask. We can ask next week. Yeah, all these things I can ask. Damn. The thing I will say is the NRL w and it's a teething and me thing. But the Broncos they're just they're just killing everybody, Nicola. As you know, we beat the Tigers thirty thirty eight four.
Speaker 2: And actually didn't know you told me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we beat them thirty eight four and we look, we look fantastic. All we have to do is win next week against the Dogs and the chances I will be in the semi final.
Speaker 5: You should because the Dogs aren't that good.
Speaker 2: Win technically technically that means Para gave the targets that wouldn't spoon two in the.
Speaker 1: Women over looked that far down. But we need to beat the Dogs and uh the Ari r e l p a Player of the Year, and of course she's voted by her peers. He's a paramatta player, Nicola Rubin Cherrington.
Speaker 2: What about that that girl we saw in your place last week? What's her name? The superstar, the one that you keept pointing out.
Speaker 1: To make her often?
Speaker 2: Yeah, comes she is. That's the mast, that's the masting r ol w I seen.
Speaker 1: To make her to make it is the best of rugby league player women's rugby league player in the world. But her peas of chosen youngster, Paramatta Hooker and she's a she's a new So I'll started Roger Hooker and nicolea and I'll tell you now, she had the first six games off because she's injured. She was injured from Origin. We got her a bit earlier. Let me tell you, I don't think we will be needed to win the last game to make the top six. I think will be in the top six. That's a good young Sherington is so yep, they've they've picked up. They are l p A picked as the player of the season. And actually I will I will, I will say this one because I didn't hear the try. The try that the Warriors scored, sorry, was the mainly scored the quickest t over?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many?
Speaker 5: That was Fisher Harris that's right, Warriors. Yeah, that was just just eight seconds.
Speaker 1: I got inspired and I went to find out which what you know, what is the quickest ever triver scored?
Speaker 2: It was? It was the para before that against the Broncos.
Speaker 1: How long did that take?
Speaker 2: It was? It was from the kickoff Bronco has dropped the ball, parapet up and scored. I can't remember. It was a few years ago. I can't remember which player it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I got this from the Guinness Book of Records. Could be wrong.
Speaker 2: In NRL, I'm talking okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, in the Guinness Book of Records, the quickest try ever scored, And unfortunately we're involved with this. Serbia scored a try off the kickoff seven point six seconds, seven point six against Greece. Against Greece, the only different difference in that game after that, Grease scored eighty two points. So but that's not the point. The point is that Serbia's got harriss the record, n Roll.
Speaker 2: I'm looking roup now in NRAL, he does n Okay. I think Paris one was like twelve or fourteen seconds or something, so this is definitely the fastest one.
Speaker 1: How much was it eight point two?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 2: How how fast was nine seconds?
Speaker 1: Well I got seven point nine point six, so so that that's not eight seconds eight seconds? Okay, So again that's and I roll Fisher Harry's got how to fish get down there so quick. I want to know.
Speaker 2: From five or six years ago, Para kicked off against Brisbane and in the first tackle the tried to offload it and parapicked it up and scored, so that was until this one was that was that it was just a normal girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, I just thought you might like that one. That's a good one, and that's my next week, Nicola.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you said that because I haven't eaten, so I I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 1: Enjoy.
Speaker 2: That's it for me.
Speaker 1: Just one quick get the song of the week. A singer called Amy Lee.
Speaker 5: But you didn't talk about what's your name? Entertainment for the Grand Final. It's been confirmed.
Speaker 2: Oh mate, who is it?
Speaker 1: I can't believe it? Can you believe it?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: And we cheaped out and got Teddy. I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: No, no, come on, it's Teddy swims Man.
Speaker 1: Teddy swims. Yeah, little Teddy, he's.
Speaker 5: Not going to swim and Teddy swing swims the singer from America, Teddy Swims.
Speaker 1: Heard little Teddy.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of that. Very good, never heard of.
Speaker 5: Look him up, look him up, Teddy Swims, Nicola.
Speaker 1: When they said Teddy, what does he play? Squeeze box? So I don't know what squeze from?
Speaker 2: His father?
Speaker 5: Look confused because I told you Teddy and you said, oh yeah, and you're looking very puzzled.
Speaker 1: So is that what you thought?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little steady.
Speaker 5: If he makes a grea both, I don't know, you'll have to do both, mate.
Speaker 1: Just Teddy Swimms look him up. He's very good.
Speaker 2: Barnes must have been available. He had a heart.
Speaker 1: Attack or something. I applaud the Okay, well there you go, Tendy swims.
Speaker 2: Anyway, why why can't we ever go for a top notch act like the AFL do all the time.
Speaker 5: He's probably pretty popular, nick it's not your style.
Speaker 2: Look, you know what, but you know what, even people who don't like Snoop Dogg have heard of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well I've got something for you, Nicole.
Speaker 5: A lot of the youngsters now, of man, this guy's popular. He has got academies. I don't know, he's got names, he's got songs at the number ones.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Well I've got I've got the hang. When you're listening back, listen to all right to the end of Nicola, because I'm obsessed with a song at the moment. Amy Amy Lee from Evanescence Fame, a girl called Poppy and another one called Courtney. You've got together and they've made a recorded song. Let's say at best hard rock, hard hard rocks right up your early Nicola, and I'm obsessed with it. It's called the end of Me, and I'm going to put put it at the end so everybody can hear it, looking forward to it, because I just want to hear it's.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, don't get too comfortable in looking forward to the round the finals. I can't wait for.
Speaker 1: These games should be great, every one of them.
Speaker 2: Everyone. Enjoy everyone, and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 5: Enjoy coming my child in silence.
Speaker 1: Don't know where my mind is known from.
Speaker 2: The shock of.
Speaker 1: Caught myself open, but I wasn't broken trying to fix what wasn't?
Speaker 6: Can you feel it taken over?
Speaker 8: I know not alone.
Speaker 1: If I must go the way, should dread.
Speaker 5: Me whatever.
Speaker 6: There was catcle coolse mother.
Speaker 8: Sh I'm going to pass.
Speaker 2: Aside, like what end of you? Is the start of life for me?
Speaker 6: As had to know crystal and Castleston to dust and come up heads.
Speaker 1: But why don't I decide earnest An to fine nothing inside?
Speaker 8: Can you feel it taken overeeling creeping a you come from a gat thing gain.
Speaker 2: With a break. It was killed so cool, so my mother up and shut.
Speaker 6: I see ship, my ship, I talk the houses of my decided like mad, my sad. Why do I can buy my side? He decided, My dog y, you make me feel so.
Speaker 8: Why don't I forgot this sound? You go from a streaming ass your face from my mind? Why, my goodness, time I can go about the same as a claim on your life.
Speaker 1: In the faction Bellby in Sin streaming from.
Speaker 2: My house.
Speaker 8: All I wanted a store in my aid. Should Sucy.
Speaker 6: I press?
Speaker 2: He was accused the start of life for me