Speaker 1: Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio. Yes, it is June the ninth, twenty twenty five. It's Monday. If you did not know it, I'm pulling my hair out, that's right. I am slick. I don't have any hair. I am the brand.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: This is E Sports Radio. Phone numbers five zero two, five, seven seventy nine hundred. I have lost my mind. It's Sports Talk seven ninety KRD. We've got Shannon behind the glass. Of course, We've got my younger son, Anthony Eves. Are you Anthony on the other line.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good this morning.
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 1: Sounds like you've got something in the background. You need to cut that off, Anty, I think that's you. Yeah, so God sounds better.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Well, welcome back to the show. Today.
Speaker 1: Busy day, of course, everyone knows that. If you don't know what I'm going to tell you. Simmons College golf outing day today, and I've been up since four point thirty looking outside, staring at the stars, going weather, stay away, other still away. I don't know if I'm gonna win or lose today, Anthony, but I'm trying. I've tried everything I've done, every dance I can do. I've prayed a thousand times to hold the weather off so that I can get my golf out in without it, I rang the layer or rain out. So we'll have to wait and see if all my work helped. Probably didn't, but who cares. I tried anyway. So let's bring the other guy on one and only always, George Williams, come on to the show.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna say anything better about you. I've got so much on my mind. I'm not gonna even be I'm not gonna be nasty on Monday. I'm going to be polite.
Speaker 4: Well, that's wonderful. You got a big day on your hands. I won't talk about it too bad, you know what I mean. I'm not for you. I mean you got a lot you're doing. You're doing for young people, you're doing for the community. And uh, i've seen you dance before me. I guess you will, right.
Speaker 2: George will Right, I'm telling you, Oh my god, and you would dance.
Speaker 1: That's no shame, no shame, no shame. And George, I've got them.
Speaker 2: I've got people here from Houston, Texas.
Speaker 1: I've got Billy Harmon driving in from North Hart and Indiana. I've got people here from Greensboro, North Carolina. I've got people here from all over the country. George wanting to play golf. And it's touching.
Speaker 2: Go. That's all I can say.
Speaker 1: It's touching, go, George, Golly and George, I'm sweating bullets.
Speaker 4: Put putt Like I would tell you, we could get this end today. We could get this in oh Man.
Speaker 1: It's an outdoor sport, George. Everyone understands that. They know it's a fundraiser. Everyone understands that. But still, George, you like for it to be a nice day. When people give you as much money as they give you to play a course that is private. A lot of people can't get on Big Spring, George and Anthony. They don't get an opportunity to play so and I would like for them to have that opportunity, but it will have to wait and see. Now here's the one good thing I want people to know that Big Spring does. That's really nice. That really took the pressure off of me. No matter what the people that paid my groups, like twenty six or twenty seven of them, even if we have a rain out, they'll allow them to come back and play throughout the summer.
Speaker 2: The entire group eighteen holes.
Speaker 1: So no one loses. They still get a chance to play the course, which is perfect. I mean it is a perfect solution. So George, either way, I'm good, but I still want it to be a beautiful day. So I'm watching the weather as we go.
Speaker 4: Now, Well, jer one thing you can say, Jay, you've been very, very blessed because if it does rain, I think it's the first rain out we had. I agree, George, over these years, I think we living had a bad day. If not had a bad day, you live. The sun is bright and we out there look cool, but we out there.
Speaker 1: Yes, or one year it was so hot they made a part path only remember George at Lake Forest. We've been out there, so this would be the first one, Georgie. And we have to wait and see. I was out this morning, nice this morning, no issue so far. So let's just hope it's touching and go. So now, guys, this is what we have before we move another step. And you know, Anthony's got all the national news. George, you got all the editorials. You know you missed the softy. I've got all the truth.
Speaker 4: I tell the truth.
Speaker 2: But we have to talk about you don't like it. I do some people can.
Speaker 4: If I don't be soft. I tell it like it is.
Speaker 1: You like you like this, you saw George, George, you will protect the players. You protect anybody and everybody. You protect the police, officers, the players, the parents. George, you're the protector.
Speaker 4: Don't even try it. But we have to talk about the.
Speaker 1: Seventy second Anthony w HS Crusade for Children Guys raise five point nine million dollars. I want to say this one more time seven seconds. WHS Crusade for Children Guys raise five point nine and still growing. They're still counting all of it. It's not all in, but can great job for the city of Louisville. Every dime goes to the kids. Again, no administration cost, like Tony Venetti said, no fees. Every dime goes to the kids. So I just want to get great job to the crusade. Five point nine million dollars over the weekend and everyone that was donating and giving tremendous jobs. So that's first and foremost. Guys, you know how fortunate we are and you're how lucky you are. Just to get up, go to work, go into town and country, be on esports, radio, have all our faculties, George. Sometimes you don't have all your faculties, but most of the time you're not blessed. We are just to be able to have a normal day, walk, go, get the paper, read the paper.
Speaker 2: I mean, just a normal day.
Speaker 1: Everyone doesn't have that, and a lot of people don't understand you're just blessed.
Speaker 2: Like George, I'm giving you this one. What is you're saying, if you got your health, you got what, George, Well, exactly, we don't have your health, you got it all.
Speaker 1: So I just want everyone to know that and a smile that you know, we're so fortunate just to have your health. So we should all be blessed every morning when you get up, when you got your faculties, when you can argue with somebody, love somebody, kiss somebody, and tell somebody you love them, you've got a tremendous start. So I just want people to know, congratulations to the Crusade, all the money that was raised, and continue giving.
Speaker 2: Throughout the year if possible.
Speaker 1: So Anthony, George Williams, We've got so many things to touch. George, I can't believe you reached out to me last night. What's the artinery. What do we talk about. I'm like, OKT, George is pumped sees not Anthony. That's not George, Anthony, He'll never I'm like, George is ready. Guys, where do y'all want to start. We've got tennis, We've got baseball, University of Louispol, We've got basketball. We got Murray State playing today. Beat the breaks off Duke to send it to Game three. I mean, guys, We've got a lot of things that we can talk about. We've got the Belmont. I mean, guys, we got everything. But you know what, here's the deal. I'm gonna get it out of the way because I am the truth teller, and we all three of us know. I've already had people sending me do you know have you seen?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do know.
Speaker 1: That, Yes, we saw that. I read the article on WDRB yesterday. I started getting notices yesterday morning. Anthony was one of the first ones to tell me. So, Anthony, I'm gonna throw it to you. When did you see that? Were you just online or did someone send that to you on rest?
Speaker 2: Smith?
Speaker 3: No, I was just frolling and just happened to actually just just run by and it just popped up on my feet, and I didn't think it.
Speaker 4: Was real At first.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was like, this is fake or just some fake news, and then I actually picked on Lincoln it was it was a real link. I said, Oh, I was not expecting to see that last night.
Speaker 1: So yes, yeah, well you hit me earlier. What time was that, Anthony, you said that was earlier in the day. It was yesterday early. I mean you were one of the first ones. Then after that, Anthony, my phone started to shake earthquakes, earthquakes. So, George, everyone makes mistakes. We understand that, and we hope that again. We know he's in the bourbon business. I don't know the name of restmths bourbon. Excuse me, you all.
Speaker 2: I'm not a drinks I'm not about going to try to educate mister.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, George, Tim what do you think, George, of the circumstance happened to rest Smith two?
Speaker 4: Answer Champion, Well, Jerry, what I first think is when you read about it and they say you need to blow up of a breath test, And this is what I've always thought. If you pass the breast test, you get you know, you don't get locked up. You know, I think when you look at when you read it, Jerry, you know it's too saded, you know what I mean. You can kind of go with the officer and you can go with Russ. So you know, I think the evidence got to come out, Jerry before we can decide this, because he didn't blow over the lemar, and he was a wrestler, he cooperated fully, he wasn't out a hand, and witnesses around him say that he'd done nothing wrong and that they can testify to this and that he should not have been locked up. And he told the Alico he did drink two drinks, but he didn't get drunk. So Jerry, I think I don't know if we can say that he should be locked up, Jerry, because I don't think enough evidence come out. And most of the time a person of that's prestige, if they're not over the limit, most of the time, officer will let him go, you know what I mean. But I have somebody come pick him up. I think he could have done either one of those, because I think think he was trying to get notoriety and uh, you know, blow us up. I really do. I don't know for sure. I ain't gonna say that. Let me take that back. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I want to read this so that people understand because George is correct, we don't know all the evidence. High profile little of a defensive lawyer, which was my lawyer for the amazing race. David Romine, who defended golfer Scottie Scheffler last year when he was arrested, is representing Smith. In a statement, Romine said, University of Kentucky Grad. I hate to say that part the evidence witnessed and surveillance footage will clearly show that Russ Smith did nothing wrong. So again we've got Kyle Willis So said he saw a car with plates that were expired in twenty twenty two. That's my only issue. I'm with you, George, all the evidence. I hate that the expired plates from twenty twenty two. I would like for Russ to be more astute. I know Russ, I've flown on planes with him, excellent and nicest young man in the world. But that is evidence that he does need to get his business affairs totally topped to bottom in order. You do not ride around with plates that are expired since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yes, whoever, but you know George, I hate that publicist stuff. You know it. And again I know, George.
Speaker 1: People's parents were different than mine and yours YO to George. But my dad always told me the buck falls on you. And when I had agents, my first agent was David Falk. That was Michael Jordan's agent, and my dal never forget when I said my agent's David Falk. My dad said, that's good. He never met David Falk. He said, the buck stops with you. You better watch your money, you better handle yourself, and you know it's right or wrong, the bottom line, and you better watch your agent or if you have a business accountant, to watch everybody. It's all My father always told me, George. The responsibility always fell on me. Go ahead, what do you have?
Speaker 4: Yeh. I agree with you also, Jered. But you have people who have responsibility and you obligate him. And here's a young man that plays out of the country. He's a president of his own company and Jerry I know at Brown Forum and mister Brown did not go get his license in place taken care of. That's something that you're assigned to certain people. When you're a president, you got people who are delegated to do certain things. If you're not doing your job, this person needs to lose his job because you showed shame me today because I think what you said is totally true. In charge of your business, but there's a lot of stuff, Jared, and you know, as much as you run around, you got to have some other people either remind you, I get it done for you, because you got a lot. If you don't have your wife and sons, a lot of times, you couldn't get everything you get done all the time, because I know you forget some things quite often.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that, George, but I'm still I'm sitting with that twenty.
Speaker 4: I cannot get that either.
Speaker 1: You know, Yep, Yep, I'm with you. I mean, I just again we've seen here's my problem with that, George, that argument, but it's not an argument. I understand what you're saying. We've seen so many athletes, yep. But George, how many athletes have I talked about directly? Which I do. I'm gonna tell everyone. I was on the NBA council with Paul Silas that go broke and they're always talking about their agent. And at the seminars, George, we tell the athletes. Damn your agents, and we tell them sometimes, dang your parents, you miss watch your money. You must watch your affairs, because George, how many we already know that over sixty four percent of NBA players factual, guys, this is factual that if played in the league more than five years that made decent money at thirty six years old are sometimes in financial distress. And that's because people won't the players. George, you know it. That's why I hate George.
Speaker 2: You know you're right.
Speaker 1: But when people when they're playing that is your profession. Well, when you're trying to play, like you said, George, and he's trying to run a business. He has got a business he does, you're under correct. When you're trying to do a lot of things, boy, it puts you into rest, that's all.
Speaker 2: Especially when you leave the country, George, Gody right, and.
Speaker 4: You know something. It's a lot, but you know something else. A lot of people here don't understand. Jerry.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 4: If you go to Washington, d C. Jerry, you buy your license and your license are good for five years. Different state have US persons and you can have the same license thing. So you know, I don't know if people thinking about his home state. Why he should do it. I'm not you know, but somebody should have made him a word, his lawyer or somebody, because each different times when license expired Jr. And he may have not thought his license was exponed.
Speaker 2: Because yes that I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know that. I had a partner from Washington and he came here and his license. He said, all right, we knew my license for five years. I said, what I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. But I mean I like that, George, But he lives in Louisville. His license in Louisville, so it's hard for me. You know what I'm saying. I just can't give it to him when he licensed it in Louisville. He I wish you know, because here's the only reason we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: George. I'm not negative. I'm gonna read this. People need to know.
Speaker 1: The arrest report indicated Smith Feld a walk and turn test and swayed once he was asked.
Speaker 2: To step out of the car.
Speaker 1: His blood alcohol content b a C level was zero point zero seventy three. The legal limit is zero point zero eight. So George, I just want people, I want everybody to know what's in it.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I agree with you. That's why.
Speaker 1: The only thing I'm being negative on is twenty two. The license, the helling of the affirms, that's all.
Speaker 4: That's where I can't.
Speaker 2: I gotcha, gotcha, That's all. I'm I just want the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, Steve Roman is the best.
Speaker 2: George, He's a Kentucky boy.
Speaker 1: I hate to tell you all that, Rus.
Speaker 4: But you always go to big brother. You need Jay's Steve very good at guys.
Speaker 1: I got told you Steve Romain wrote read my son's contract for the Amazing Race and mine, and it was crazy when they were talking about they owned and this is so funny. I told him this. And you may not know this. In the Amazing Race contract they must have written ten times they own our likeness and image forever. And I must have scratched it out ten times. Anthony, your mother must have told me ten times you are gonna get on the show. You keep read crossing up red ink red Ink. I said, without a doubt, they can own mine, because nothing else good's gonna happen with be George. But I'm not giving up Frankie's name. Men Jine like they're crazy. We still got on George Roman laughed too. He says, you did the right thing. He scratched it out. After I scratched.
Speaker 4: It out, Jordan never see people.
Speaker 1: People asked. They said they would own our name. Imagine likeness for life. You I want you to understand for life. And a lot of people just signing that junk wanting to get on TV. I was like, Oh, that's not gonna happen. That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: All the pounds that you had to go through, and if you went down, they weren't repay right.
Speaker 2: That's what Steve said, Jerry, they're responsible for everything. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: When they kill you, your family will get paid. I said, okay, thanks Steve. But anyway, guys, so we wanted to make sure we did that. Let's before we go to break. I do want to play because we're gonna come back with Louisville Baseball. I want you to hear some of the highlights from the University of Louisville Miami Jim Patterson Stadium, sellout crowd, University.
Speaker 2: Is Louisville is advancing to the College World Series, playing for us.
Speaker 1: Please going to break, Shannon, Okay, no problem, don't work up to saying, and we we deal here. You just the way he gets going Georgia, and I will no.
Speaker 3: One too, s I'm gonna drive down the right field line, pike.
Speaker 2: Going back, still going back. It's gone.
Speaker 1: Max Galvin has given Miami.
Speaker 4: A tune up in lead.
Speaker 5: Here. The third, he gets the slider, he stays on it. He tries it's the right field and you can see him looking at it.
Speaker 1: There he has the bat and this is gonna probably be one of these situations. Now he doesn't flip it to anybody.
Speaker 2: He's looking straight at the ball. He just kind of flips the bat at that point.
Speaker 1: No pitch the Rose line down the left field line towards.
Speaker 4: The corner, and that will drop in a fair ball pike.
Speaker 2: The third, he's being waive home.
Speaker 5: Here comes the relay.
Speaker 2: It's not in time.
Speaker 5: Scion Rose makes it.
Speaker 4: A one run game.
Speaker 5: The one two swing, swamp fly ball, center field, Taurus racing in dives.
Speaker 2: Take out a louis We'll take the lead king the second HiT's.
Speaker 4: Three two Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chevy Eves Sports Radio seven twenty five. Of course, Louisville advances to its sixth College World Series. Must give and when we come back, George must give Damn McDonald and his cardinals all the credit. Easworts Radio will talk to you all after the break. Welcome back to Eves Sports Radio seven nine. I've got Anthony Eves, I've got George Williams. Are gonna throw it to Anthony for National News with George. My phone is blown up. Anthony. I just want everyone to know that people are say Jerry cantinue with the article and I want you and I'm going to They're completely correct.
Speaker 2: The legal limit is zero point zero eight.
Speaker 1: Rus Smith was below that, so I want to read the rest of it so everyone will get it.
Speaker 2: The arrest report claimed Smith took a breathalyzer.
Speaker 1: Test at the scene and blew a zero a point zero six below the legal limit. He took another one at the jail his levels had climbed to zero point seventy three. Paul Gold, a longtime Louis of attorney who specializes in the UI cases, says in the interview that it is within the officer's discretion to arrest someone for DUI if the blood alcohol level is below the legal limit.
Speaker 2: He said the officer can determine, he can't determine.
Speaker 1: If the blood driver's blood level is going to go up or down at the time, so.
Speaker 2: It is it is in his discretion guys to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna slamming of drinkers was easy for me, But I know if it was myself, George, and I blew below the legal limit, I wouldn't want to be arrested. I'm gonna say that legally. I'm gonna say that publicly.
Speaker 2: Now. The license I'm not backing off of.
Speaker 1: But if I take your test that you have me to take and it's below the legal limit, I don't want to be arrested. But the discretion part, the discretion part for African Americans, George, is the problem. I want people to know the truth. I don't back off now. The discretion part is the problem I have with That's my only problem.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, George.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, Jay, and having expired license doesn't get you locked up, got you exactly? No, I agree, Yes, I know this, Yet you must have three moving voilations and you can be locked up no matter what you know. They can they can don't have your license, don't have your license, remove and speeding they can lock you up. But Jay just to have expired license and it's your discretion, you know. That's the problem I have is what was his discretion? What made him think like he's thought And we'll find that out in the courtroom, so I won't judge it. You'll have to testify what he was thinking and how he thought about it, and then we'll know a lot more. That's why I always say I like comes out. I talk about what they do.
Speaker 2: That's why I wanted to read everything so everyone can understand. But we do know, guys. I call it like it is.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: We know that African Americans are arrested at higher rate. That's just a fact. Then when Caucasians get caught with the same issues, they don't go to jail at the same rate.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: Not factual, it is what it is. That's one of the problems, George. And when we put officers in that situation of discretionary, when you have them take the test, George, you got me, When they take the test, then there should be you should have to go off what the test says. I understand. Now, if you wanted to say, I'm going to take you to your home park your car, right, George, I don't think you should be driving. I'm good with that, George, but when you just say, I want people to know that is an issue.
Speaker 2: So okay, George, we're gonna move on from that. I still wish arrest. Pay your plates. I'll pay them for you if you need me to pay you get your plates. So you go to you sick.
Speaker 4: There you go to protector.
Speaker 2: So Anthony, let's hit us.
Speaker 4: One moment. Let me say, what if I make that kind of money. I'm an athlete, and I know how the police and society look at me. And I'm going out to party. I must have a driver. I just I just think that you can afford it. Get you want if you know you're gonna drink out.
Speaker 2: Of George, like you say, I say out of people's wallets.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 1: I tell them all the time, charity starts at home, exactly.
Speaker 4: I just but exactly.
Speaker 1: So, I just wanted people to know the entire just of what happened. So there we go. We'll wait and see it will play out in court. So as Andy hit us with the national news so much, we're right halfway through the show.
Speaker 2: I gotta get to my.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you know, we gotta get into a lot of stuff we have. Honestly, everything feel like it's in the playoffs right now at this point in time of the year. Obviously, even in the high school segment coming in. We have a couple of games that will be going on that we played June thirteenth, so we do have Trinity that has advanced all the way to the semi finals, will be playing the number three seed Boyd County. And also pr P has advanced as well to the semi finals, will be playing the number six seed in McCracken County.
Speaker 4: The Winter's Ragulations.
Speaker 3: We playing in the championship June fourteenth for the state championship game. So we got a couple of games.
Speaker 1: P r P Trinity, George, pr P Trinity.
Speaker 2: Who you going with?
Speaker 4: Hold back up, Jed, back up. You gotta remember, I went to Paduca Junior College. So I'm in McCracken County. Baby, so I got three teams.
Speaker 2: I won't even hear that. I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 4: I went to Duke of Paduca. Bro I'm gonna speak up for him. Okay, I went to Duke of Padua. Come with me, crown all, I'm going to p r P gonna find me up this morning.
Speaker 2: Go p r P.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for p r P Trinity and pr P does it again, takes them down.
Speaker 2: George, I'm going with pr P. I'm sorry, dark Side, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: In the place with pr P. I got a friend's family that plays for PRP, so I gotta roll with him too. I'm sorry, Bubba, I just got personal relationships.
Speaker 2: Baba's gonna be at the golf ounder today too. He's gonna be sulty with you. Bubba's watching.
Speaker 4: I got to go with my people. I gotta go with my people, Bubba. That's my fault.
Speaker 2: People do not know. Bubba is a police officer. Guys, thank you for your service.
Speaker 4: Bubba.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be at one of my par threes today. Yes, oh yes, George. Bubba helps kids just cross the street. Now. He's a guard. He's retired. He just gives back. Bubba's great people, he really is.
Speaker 1: But I'm going with p r P. That's all, And he continued with the national news. Let's go p r P.
Speaker 4: Pants is all the way.
Speaker 1: I'm just got a baby. We all know that. Oh, I'll go with j justsin County. You all know that.
Speaker 2: That's all there is too, so I'm sorry, go ahead, Anthony.
Speaker 3: No, obviously, and then we all thought our Pacers and Thunder the game last night. The Thunder didn't series seven victory over the Pacers last night. It was pretty much I'm gonna say it wasn't a route, but it was a blow out pretty much from starting to finish. You know, they're they're down eighteen and a half. They remained that lead all the way through the third quarter, and then Indiana finally outscored okay See in the fourth quarter, but they end up losing by sixteen. They still had even lyer scored distributed scoring across the board for the Pacers. But I just think that okay See's bench play the SGA which a little bit too much to handle last night. Chet Holmgrin did show up last night, which is a huge difference maker.
Speaker 4: Dame.
Speaker 2: He was a non factor six points. He showed up. He did. George, here's my problem, Eise, I'm gonna throw this you, George.
Speaker 1: Why Now, Look, we've been going through this entire playoffs, and we've been watching Halliburton, and I'm not a huge fan, but I have given the boys due Now George's hit more big shots than anybody in the tournament. But if he doesn't do it every night, they're killing the kid. He's got to do that's he's got to score thirty.
Speaker 4: He's got to be.
Speaker 2: Aggressive that he is a point guard.
Speaker 1: I hate what I say the little kid from Duke with his name Jay Williams talking about he's he needs to do this. And Jay was a good player at Duke, Guys, but don't get it twisted. You know he had an accident, but he wasn't gonna be a great pro. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Albert is a true point guard.
Speaker 1: What people stop knocking the boy. He's a point guard. He's not Kobe, he's not Shay Gilders Alexander, he's not Mike. He doesn't want to score it. He wants to distribute the ball. Indiana's team is different, I would say, would start to judge him differently. But if it's close, nobody wants him to take the last shot. I know that not in this year.
Speaker 4: Jay. The one thing that people don't understand. If your part guard, basically I'll say eighty percent of the time is leading you in score, you're losing. You don't have to worry about it. Point guard the usually do not take a team to the championship game, like especially the distributors like he do you know him Lebron magic? Those can't they do it all? They're not looking just to score, They're looking to get everybody involved. I mean, he's done so many other things, plays could defense, and all we concentrate on. Oh, he's not scoring right now, but he's distributing and hitting the open people and making them score, making them better for the team. And then when he has to score, Jase look like he can take the game over when he gets ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, George is just a different critique. But Joe, George Andy, did you George slip that in again? You know I'm not a Lebron James fan. You keep saying magic Lebron.
Speaker 4: Well, let's let's say Michael, Okay, I don't tell who you like. I really care who you are fan of. Okay, God, you said.
Speaker 1: You said I'm like yes, and you said Lebron' like ah, God the massive flopper anyway, and that right about him.
Speaker 4: He's a flopper. All the other talk about something else he does.
Speaker 1: He's a leading scorer in NBA history. I can tell you all the stats I know him, George, I still think.
Speaker 4: He's okay, team chooser.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, Andy Man, we don't want to hear what the.
Speaker 1: Exactly and to go ahead? What okay now? Anthony? Wednesday night. It's one one. People act like the Pacers didn't do what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 4: It's one one.
Speaker 1: What happens when they come back to Indy, Anthony, Then I'll it to you, George, what happens?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: I think the Pacers. They they exceeded expectations in Game one, obviously, winning the first game in the playoff series that you haven't been in over two decades. Taking that first game, splitting the series on the road is a win for any category. To go in there and keep somebody on the road is already hard to do. The winning game on the road is hard to do. Coming back to the Pacers pretty much tied up where it's the square. Even playing field with the slight advantage of playing at home is a big morale booster and a big difference maker for the Pacers because the Pacers play much better on the home every team does. The Pacers crowd has a big say so of how they play against these tougher teams. Even if they come back home and they still split the series two to two, it still puts them in a situation and where they have a solid chance because everyone knows that right now they like to see Okay, see is a favorite. But you have to put in perspective. Neither one of these teams have been to the finals. Neither one of these teams have really been in the situation. And the team that has the most experienced of players in the finals and in the stage is the Pacers.
Speaker 4: Don't you know what? You know what you should? Today everybody was talking about how much we wasn't gonna look at this cause we don't have the good stars, all the great ball players. What did you send me today, Jed? How many people watch that game?
Speaker 1: And worldwide most watch ever, Yes, America hasn't watched it, but the world has watched it, George.
Speaker 4: That's why I sent.
Speaker 2: That word two four billions to the NBA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're talking about moving the NBA, just some London and different cities overseas now, So guys, let's get the break seven forty run two of them for us. Shannon East Sports Radio, Guys, I got my golf outing. I'm pulling my hair out.
Speaker 4: It's gonna go get No, it's gone, It's all ready go.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to y'all after the break. Welcome back to the sports radio for numbers five zero, two, five seven, one, seventy nine hundred. Anthony and George. We have no time. Let's throw and I'm throwing it to you. You got to come into my Louisville baseball.
Speaker 2: What's going on? What happened?
Speaker 1: What transpired yesterday at Jim Patterson Stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, anyone that's been keeping of the say baseball, knows that U L beat Miami three to two to advance to the Super Regionals. So they'll be going on in Omaha. First time going back in about six years, so it's been a while since we've been there. But not unfamiliar territory for us. You know, a lot of other teams did get bounced out of Arizona, did knock North Carolina off, Murray State and Duke do play their game three to night. I think they had a delay one game, so we played their game three advance. Arkansas swept Tennessee two oh in their series. U c l A swept UTSA and the series as well. Same thing with l s U and then Oregon State be Florida State two to one in that series. So everyone has pretty much punch punched their tickets so far. Duke and Murray State as the last one as they're making it so we could have two Kentucky teams playing in there, which would be which is huge. Donals never expected State go this far, but exactly they wouldn't they win?
Speaker 2: They killed Duke yesterday. George beat the breaks off Duke yesterday.
Speaker 1: Duke thought they were gonna they were gonna take care of the series and got demolished. George, Can Murray get it done? You know you're always pulling for the underdog, even though I'm pulling for Murray. Can they get it done today?
Speaker 2: George? I think they playing seven.
Speaker 4: I pull for all the Kentucky schools, yes, So you know I'm gonna be pulling for Murray, you know what I mean. I look forward to it. And you know, with this game, of this high state game that they're playing nowadays, with all the money going to these players, I'm so excited to see small teams play like that. What's the other team that got in to beat Alburn I can't think of the name. Of but the album went out of the game, took them out.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got on all five or set.
Speaker 1: You've got, George, We've got number six, LSU, number eight, Oregon State, number fifteen, UCLA, Louisville, Arizona have all punched their ticket. You've got Come on, George, I'm missing one's you are I'm missing too. We know that we've got Murray State and Duk are playing, and I'm leaving two out. What am I leaving now, Anthony, colleague, I'm sorry, but I'm leaving two that have already punched their ticket.
Speaker 2: They're in.
Speaker 1: And also George, Oregon State, excuse me, Oregon State defeated Florida State has.
Speaker 2: Punched their ticket, and one other George. So anyway, there are a lot. Yes, it is. They beat ober Let's see George.
Speaker 4: Because they want they went they won that Cain.
Speaker 2: Yes, Coast of Carolina defeated Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yes, so anyway, yes, Coast Carolina advances. So George, Anthony. Louisville was down to zip and it looked bad. Then they tie it up to two and next thing you know, I think it's the bottom of the sixth of the seventh. I was at the Cardinal Club because I had two groups going out to play that came from out of town and wanted to play golf yesterday Keith Saderfield who you know, and Martin Dunbar's group. Next thing I know, they they have got the bases are loaded.
Speaker 2: They is Miami.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh my goodness, this looks bad. Louisville came up with a huge double play. They truly saved I think saved them, George. Every play Louisville had to make they made. I've been critical, dam McDonald. I'm just truly of his salary. They don't have a long dry spell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just salary.
Speaker 2: And I'm staying with that. Guys.
Speaker 1: I still tell you you can't pay people more than what the program is worth. More than the program. You can't. But he's done a great job, six time going to College World Series. George gotta give him credit.
Speaker 2: And this year it's anybody cut now, huh, it's wide open now, George, Now, what did you say, George? What did you What did you say? George?
Speaker 4: I said, sad, we can make a cut down the play things looking college do be looking for a.
Speaker 1: New job, George, not what Louisville pays he's fine. Trust me, he's never leaving. Don't worry abot that Church. McDonald's not leaving Louisville.
Speaker 2: Trust me, trust me.
Speaker 4: In town, just put down Jay. Yes you will be leaving.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: They're talking about revenue sharing. Which is Wednesday show, George, that's Wednesday show. So guys, best of luck to University of Louisville. I do believe they play Oregon State? Is that correct, Anthony? Do they play Oregon State in their first game?
Speaker 4: I know, Actually I haven't looked that far. I'm not I'm not sure who there Friday.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they play Friday, and I think they play Oregon State.
Speaker 2: I do believe. I just don't know a time on Friday.
Speaker 3: So they haven't thrown any they haven't thrown any brackets out yet of who they're playing, so I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 2: Got you so, But yes, that's all Shannon. I accidentally sent you something.
Speaker 1: Just eleite that now, guys, seven fifty three we can't forget. Did anybody watch the Belmont George? I mean, there's just so much that was going on this weekend. Did you all watch it?
Speaker 2: I did? Did anybody see the Bill Mitt? Or was not the only one to watch the race.
Speaker 1: Watch well, George, Sovereignty is the best horse, one point blank. Yeah, Sovereignty is the best horse, period point blank. Journalism is the second best horse, no question about it. Bezos is third. It was another epic race, George. I mean this time it was just great to watch well run. Both jockeys did a great job placing the horses. Eight horse field Journalism, last turn, George acts like he wants to get it done. It's like, oh, he makes a major move, major move. It's like, oh, Journalism after said he's gonna get take this away. He ran in all three races. I give his cred trainer honestly credit for that, and Journalism for running and all three. But George, that stretch drive, here comes Bill Mitt's horse comes Junior outa right on top, and George, it was just epic. He ran Journalism down, goes by him.
Speaker 2: George.
Speaker 1: He didn't even show journalism the whip. He didn't ever touch Journalism in the stretch drive. Journalism just did what journalism does. He's the best horse.
Speaker 4: So what we saw in the derby.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sovereignty, I'm sorry, is Sovereignty is the best horse. Same thing we saw in the derby, George, all the Joscelyn comes from behind to get it done, did the same thing, George. Sovereignty is the best horse.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: I think if Sovereignty ran in all three, we'd had a triple crown winner again, I really do, wow, I think we would have one. Sovereignty. He's just that good a horse. He's just that much better than the field. Everyone remembers the derby, George. We thought Sovereignty was going to go down. Remember, I mean, we thought there were gonna be a thousand inquiries, which we knew. I thought someone was gonna go down.
Speaker 4: He brings.
Speaker 1: And runs everybody down, George. He ran everyone down again. Never showed the horse to whip. My great job. Sovereignty, great horse. I can't wait. I think the next time they're really going to run it. Maybe the travelers. We have to wait and see. But it was a fantastic race, so George. Just a lot of things transpired.
Speaker 2: We won't ad Coco Golf. I mean, there's just everything happened.
Speaker 1: We got the US open going on, George this week US and now George, this will be putt putt go ahead.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna say about the golf term. But did you see what the young ladies that played us came out and said, this was the worst game to ever played in the life of either played one of my brothers.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, about Coco.
Speaker 4: Happened in the math what the press would have did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so true. Coco is elegant with that though.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess you you that Coco's got holding the trophy exactly, I'm holding the trophy.
Speaker 2: And honestly, George.
Speaker 1: Coco, if you remember the last two or three years when we spoke about her, she still only.
Speaker 2: What twenty was really imaure? She really George.
Speaker 1: This time she falls behind in first set, she wins the last two sets, George, hold her composure, played to her ability, got it done, did not become frustrated. She's starting to mature. She's Coco's gonna be a factor, really got to be a factor. So, I mean, just a lot of things transpired over So then, is there anything we just missed? Yep, Other than guys, everybody pray for me. I need you all to hold the rain off.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: I just watched the weather, Jed. I ain't gonna tell you what I saw.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me I'm watching it as we speak. I don't need to see it. I need her to be wrong. Meteorologists are always wrong. Be wrong, be wrong like.
Speaker 4: You always are.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Love you all. Have a great date.
Speaker 1: We're going to Big Spring Country Club to have the eleventh annual Simmons College Golf Outing.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you all later. Love you, bye bye