Speaker 1: Turn we have today.
Speaker 2: You bet builders hanging boy a thread here? Relax, relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your Cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder this World Cup. From goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bat.
Speaker 1: If your bet builder.
Speaker 3: Loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy.
Speaker 1: Euros in pre bets.
Speaker 3: No be bett or power to You Teason Seas apply eighteen plus bet Responsibly, Gambling Care dot i em today.
Speaker 2: You bet builders hanging boy a thread here? Relax, relax, They still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder.
Speaker 3: This World Cup, from goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bat.
Speaker 4: If your bet builder.
Speaker 3: Loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy euros in pre bets No be beat or power to You Season Seas apply eighteen plus bet responsibly Gambling care.
Speaker 5: Do ie The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 6: There appear to have been some kind of large gathering overnight. Chicago police confirming that five people were shot near thirty sixth Street and Cottage Grove. Officers responded to the area around one o'clock last night one o'clock this morning, i should say. Police say while they were on scene, officers her gun shots and moved to the area of gunfire. That's where officers, they say they found multiple victims and several ambulances and paramedics were called to help those who were shot. The victim's ages ranged from seventeen to thirty six years old, and were told the seventeen year old is in critical condition. Citizen app video from the scene shows a large police presence near Ellis Park as Chicago police investigated. Police say that there were four guns that were found in the area and a person of interest was also taken in for questioning.
Speaker 4: Welcome, my friends. Yes, it's Labor Day. It's just a normal weekend in Chicago. Somewhere between forty three and fifty three people have been shot over this Labor Day weekend. While Governor Pritzker and the mayor of there, Brandon Johnson, have been busy trying to rile up the crowd with no troops in Chicago. No troops in Chicago. Of course they're not in harm's way. It is Labor Day weekend. This is Labor Day, and welcome, of course, with us to celebrate each and every holiday. Is the gentleman that runs the historyauthor dot com website historyauthor dot com. He's also a mate of mine from the Rushlomba days. He was one of Ruslan Ba's web producers with the Rustling Bush. He's a columnist. You can find his columns in the New York Sun. You can find his writings all over the internet. End. He's also an author himself. Dean carry on and says here, happy a Labor Day. Dean, how are you?
Speaker 1: Thank you? I'm okay. Happy Labor Day to everybody out there. If you're stuck in traffic, just keep easy because we're gonna take care of you.
Speaker 4: Well, why would there be traffic on Labor Day? You mean people heading from the beach, people heading from yes, yes, yes, all those good things enjoying. Yes. So Dean, here we are on Labor Day again. And let's first, just for the newcomers to the show, each major holiday we go through briefly the history of that day and why it is important in this case, why it's a national holiday. So why don't you run us through the specifics of Labor Day, why we are celebrating this day very quickly. Then let's touch on some current news and other things that people may or may not be aware of.
Speaker 1: That's something I love to do. I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I do. I'll do my best. It starts with a forgotten man, Matthew McGuire. You take way back in eighteen eighties, how many Irish immigrants they were coming. They were just starting. This is a generation after the Potato famine. So they're berecoming, integrated, they're taking jobs in public they're taking jobs in the factories, the public sector, in the police. And so this Matthew McGuire decides, as a secretary of the Central Labor Union, let's get a working Man's holiday. Let's get one every year. So New York City, because we have to be first and everything decides we'll have a parade, and that's the first Labor Day parade. That's in September. On September fifth of eighteen eighty two, they have the parade and it's a beautiful story. I wrote about that in The New York Sun in twenty twenty two, and it's so different from what we think today today. We think of a lot of strife, I think when we think of labor, of those of us maybe who are older, think of it that way anyway, maybe younger people think of it differently. But you think of a lot of strife in fighting. And of course there was between companies and things like the Pinkerton goons going in and breaking up a strike. But this was a really unifying moment in eighteen eighty two, and you had businesses closing on their own just to show solidarity with the people who were working. Twelve thousand people parade up Broadway in New York City. It's really a great moment, and it sets the stage for the ones we're enjoying today. Doesn't become a federal holiday until eighteen ninety four because Grover Cleveland, who was the Democratic president at the time, he was afraid that Democrats would take heat because they had sent in some of those goons to break up the American Railroad union strike, and so he said, what can we do really fast to cover up for it? And so he decided, well, we'll make labor dre holiday, but it only applied to federal works at that time, and eventually things keep going forward, and now we have this three day weekend, and you have a lot of people by then who were powerful enough to advocate for it, and we don't even get the forty day week until nineteen forty. That takes a while. So it's a holiday that I think we tend to overlook because it sounds so generalized that we used to labor being a factor. We don't talk about it as much as we did, in part because it's starting to see a little bit of a shift. It's no longer just one of the many parts of a democratic coalition that gets ignored by everybody. Now it's changing taking a much more high profile position. I think again in life, people are thinking of it with things like trade and looking at a city like Gary, Indiana, it's all hollowed out, and so that's a bit of a history, and I think it's something that it's good to be able to look at a day like this where you just think it's the end of summer. Maybe you are in traffic, you're only thinking of those barbecues, those of us who eat meat and you're in and you forget it was. This was a holiday for people that didn't have ever that option. That's a three day week. It was a big deal for that.
Speaker 4: Well let me tell you something, by the way. Uh, just so you know, Uh, vegans and vegetarians also barbecue. We just barbecue different things.
Speaker 1: Why are you covered under those laws against burning leaves in your backyard? Is that the same?
Speaker 4: You know what? I don't know, you're you're thinking California or some other place. No, you know, actually that isn't an other Democratic strongholds. Uh No, I'm not. I'm not. And I think that we would, you know, one of these days if it comes down to people, and they did. They tried to ban people from barbecuing at some point in uh or using charcoal. I think it was in one of these liberal strongholds. If that ever comes up. There were laws that people do ignore, uh because it's civil disobedience in a way. But I'm not that attached to it anyway. Uh So let's go back for me because you mentioned the union. Now a lot of of course unions still are a significant force. If you look at the national the teach, the various teachers unions, the two biggest ones the NEA and the National Federation of Teachers with wine Garden. She's out there today ranting and raising Randy Winegarden. So the teachers unions are there, afl CIO not quite the force that it was even in the nineteen sixties nineteen seventies. Uh, but you look at some of the other unions that have totally lost clout. But then you've had, you've had a great success with union growth inside the government sector, and that is undergoing some changes too right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the government especially since originally you had as a quote that sided before with FDR that he didn't believe in government unions because you can't campaign against yourself, you can't go strike against yourself. And we've seen that so many times since. It's even worse up in Canada, where they can bring the mail, they can bring the airlines to a stop because they just demand what they want to happen. We had it just here with New Jersey Transit in New Jersey, which is also operated with Metro North into New York. And so there is a distinction there between the public and the private unions. And I think that's why We're seeing a shift right now, driven by President Trump's policies, driven by even things as simple as the Hollywood tariff on foreign made films. You had the Teamster's president going and praising it, speaking at the Reprobalican National Convention, and then Bernie Sanders won't take US calls anymore after that, he said that not be and it just seems crazy you think that they would want that, but you would, I guess, be naive to think so. But we're seeing definitely a shift in labor and in who they're supporting, and an overall realignment because I think a lot of people in labor felt that the unions didn't reflect what they wanted, they didn't reflect the change at the rest of the country underwent. Even last year, there was a huge difference two to one for the two polls the Teamsters took of their members for President Trump, and so the Teamsters decided they just wouldn't they wouldn't recommend anybody, they wouldn't endorse anybody rather, and they've only done that twice since nineteen sixty. So it's definitely a shift. And then you have people acting like jerks like Bernie Sanders. There is no other way to put it, And a lot of people getting mad at the Teamster's president for going Sean O'Brien and speaking at the Republican conventions, and that just drives people farther away. And I think that's a theme we're seeing right now in politics.
Speaker 4: Well, there are a lot of things that we're seeing. I tell you what, We're going to take a quick break. Come back. When I get back, I want to speak with you about a few things. You have a column to Day by the way, over the weekend, and I have to say I very rarely miss stories, Dean, but yesterday I decided I'm just going to take a day. I just needed to recharge. So lo and behold. I get back in the news and I'm hearing about all this business about the viral death rumor of Donald Trump. And you wrote a column about that about the things going on that what happened over the weekend, which is just to me unbelievable that this thing, apparently it was a big to do all day on social media with rumors floating around about the president. So when we get back, we'll talk about that. We've got some other things. Speaking of labor, New York Times has written an article, has a published an article about black women. They are among the hardest hit Black women hardest hit as the federal government reduces its workforce under Donald Trump. And so we've got a bunch of things to h to talk about. Let's check in the fastest hour in American media. Happy Labor Day, Stay with us, The.
Speaker 7: Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: The Rush Hour with James Golden Entertaining and Informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 8: If you're planning a road trip this holiday weekend, gas prices at their lowest level for a Labor Day weekend in years. In some states, they are below three dollars a gallon. Matt Egan is here with the good news. We have say goodbye the summer, but we're going to do it and save some cash.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, Erica. Look you are in luck if you're hitting the roads this holiday weekend.
Speaker 9: Gas Buddy is projecting the national averages Labor Day three fifteen a gallon.
Speaker 1: That's the lowest since twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Of course, back then, the roads we're pretty James Goldin's slurly with you here with me, the one, the only Dean carrianis hisstoryauthor dot com New York Sun columnist author, And you have a column today about this thing, this rumored dean that took the the social media by storm. Leftist glee over Trump is dead rumor bodes ill for the Democrat Party's return to reality.
Speaker 1: Splain, well, I want quick thing. Gloria as Stefan. I always loved that she made a Castro, made Fidel Castro uncomfortable. Didn't like her, they would all, but her music was awesome. So what did they do? They only ever referred to her in the country as MSM when they were Miami Sound Machine because her family had escaped and suffered, And so I always think of that when I hear Gloria happy. Dean.
Speaker 4: I did not know that. I don't know how I miss that.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's that's what I'm here for. That's the only reason to bring out a guest is that they can tell something. Not the plug books, not the plug movies, not to make campaign speeches. It's to offer details about things like Miami Sound Machine.
Speaker 4: I did not know they refuse so in Cuba when they referred to the music, they refused to refer to it as Miami saw machine just MSM huh.
Speaker 1: Yep, because they didn't want to talk about Miami, right, that was a big thorn. The thriving Cuban community in Miami was a thorn in the side to Castro and his he would give you, They give you the bright lights of Miami and the beautiful girls on the beach and Crockett and tubs. And what did Castro give you? Either a sentence in prison or a rice cooker. Those are the two extreme.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, okay, this rumor, what what the hell?
Speaker 1: What a bizarre, bizarre rumor? Really strange. And I think anyone can write a story and cite a bunch of the weird things and condemn it and say that it's terrible. But my goal, as I know yours, is always say something different. So I can list some of the things that have happened in the past and just criticize it and wag my finger, But that's not really my job. And so to me, I looked at it from a broader perspective, it's more just the Democrats. They just wish that he would die and they'd be done with them, and they're not going to do the hard work. It's going to take to come back.
Speaker 4: Wow. Well, of course this whole thing was exploded when Trump appeared. That it got started because they said he hadn't appeared for two days, and they off to the races. They went in their fantasy land. All right, Dean home on. When we get back, let's get some news of the day. There's plenty of stuff happening out here. I want to get some of your opinion on and also touch based on including CBS did it again with their editing. It's just amazing they didn't learn after the sixty minutes debacle. We'll be back Aiame's goldin. It's nearly with you here. A happy Labor Day, folks, keep it right here.
Speaker 7: The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden Entertaining and informative.
Speaker 1: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 10: So about the Minnesota shooting, and it brought me right back to Columbine in nineteen ninety nine when I just could not get it through my head that students in America were shooting each other in schools, and this was a church inside a Catholic school, and what do you know was a white guy, Republican maga person, what do you know? White supremacist? Hi, everybody, it's Rosio Donald Star the Flintstones. Listen of a call sort. I know it happens, get run down, you know. Anyway, I know a lot of you were very upset about the video I made before I went away. Uh For a few days, I didn't go online and haven't seen them till today.
Speaker 1: But you are right.
Speaker 10: I did not do my due diligence before I made that emotional statement, and I said things about the shooter that were incorrect. I assumed, like most shooters, they followed a standard mo O and had standard you know, feelings of you know, uh nra love and kind of gun people. Anyway, the truth is I messed up, and when you mess up, you fess up. I'm sorry. This is my apology video, and I hope it's enough.
Speaker 4: Isn't enough? Indeed? Well, I'm I mean pays attention anyway. Well, anyway, that's Rosie before and after on this Labor Day. James Golden is here. Dean carry Onis is with US historyauthor dot com also New York Sun. You can check out all his columns there. If you don't get through it on the Sun, go to Apple News. You can read his columns there on Apple News so many other places. Uh, Dean, Let's go through a few things. Typically, Labor Day is the beginning of the political season in an election, when it goes in earnest the lead up to the fall elections. This year, two governors races on the table. You've got that race in Virginia and the race in New Jersey. You have any thoughts on either of those the outcome of those races.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm surprised, which again I shouldn't be some eve anymore, but that winsome Seers. Who's such an attractive candidate as far as well as far as everything. But somebody who's done a lot of things. And I missed those kinds of candidates, I guess because I do live in the past and look at history. But they also tend to turn out better than the people who are just working away in school and in the academic room. And we need to look no further than Joe Biden. Nobody would think that he would have. They kept saying he had experience, experience, experience. Well, he was only ever in the Senate, and that's sorry. He read a lot of papers about foreign matters when he was on the Foreign Services Committee in the Senate. But kind of like reading about sex and having sex doesn't make you have experience. And I just love that she. I just love that she's a good candidate, and I don't understand why more people, even in the conservative media, just seem to have pretty much ignored her. And that's one thing. And of course in New Jersey, what can we say about Jack Chitarelli again getting a chance to run. He came so close last time, but it was against an incumbent. New Jersey people always tend to dislike whoever our incumbent democrat is, and it's hard to overthrow them. I'm thinking of going back to the Jim Florio years and National Republicans ignore the state. They think, well, we're not going to win it. But in recent years, and this is something I've written about at the Sun, it's been trending Republican. We're getting more and more people here that are saying they want to switch and they want to vote for the other party, that they don't like a one party state, that they're dissatisfied with the ballooning spending. Unfortunately, we had Chris Christy who didn't do anything to build his party, so it's not much of a choice. But it may be surprising. It's actually it's been shifting for a while, and I don't have the numbers right in front of me, but each time President Trump did better, and I think it goes back to that thing we were talking about a minute ago, about just the reality and about how they took solace here in this fantasy that Trump was dead and it would solve all their problems. Their problems go much much deeper than one man than Donald Trump. They have negative poll numbers. They're losing overall five point i'm sorry, four point five million voters between twenty twenty and twenty twenty four. That's acclording to L two data. They check the thirty states that track partisan voter registration, and in every single one, Democrats have lost ground. And it's because they're not going out there and doing that hard work to be persuasive. They think that they can just motivate people if we really don't like Donald Trump, and that's certainly possible. There's unlikable things about a lot of people, but being even more unlikable and just thinking that you can insult him out of existence and deny that. Doug Shoan told me President Clinton's polster in ninety six who I'm friends with, and he said, we went and we worked. We understood that there's talent with the with the guy like New king Rich and so we worked with them when we could. We found something. Okay, we like it, but let's do it a different way. We like that idea. We think that's a problem, like with crime. So let's look at it. Let's look at it our way. These are our solutions, not this obstinatece of just saying no to everything, denying there's even a problem. Living in this alternate reality. I think that's a real problem because they're not working with Trump. They're not recognizing. As Doug said to me, he said, I'm a political guy. I could see that Trump has talent. I can see that he's willing to go down with these hard hats that are teamsterairs that have probably never cast a single Republican vote out of their family, never mind them going back for generations to those steel mills that were on strike back in Grover Cleveland's day. He said, that's a talent, it's an ability. He's somebody that people find likable, they think that he's on their side. They take all the things that makes the Washington establishment clutch their pearls and stroke their beards and say, what are we going to do with this Donald Trump? They love the hooset things about the guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, one thing that I would just want to point out that New Jersey for a minute. I don't know, it was a three point race last time. We'll see what happens. It looks like that. I have an NBC story, excuse me, and I don't think that they are willing to give win some earl see any undue credit. But one of the things they're saying in the story is that despite the criticism that came her way privately publicly, campaign was undisciplined. She shook up her team. She's been more focused on message, and she has learned to even harder try to lean into what Governor Youngkin has accomplished. So, the last polling in that race in Virginia, the Roano College poll of likely voters, which is important rather than just registered voters, of likely voters, shows forty six to thirty nine leagues. It's six point It's a six point game right now, but fourteen percent of the voters they are undecided. So now that and the poll they did has a four point three plus or minus, which means this race in Virginia isn't out it isn't out of question. And these are the key weeks where it's either going to tighten up or else. Spannenberger. Of this, Abigail will will be able to Spanburger will be able to increase her league, but it's not as of this moment, it's not out of reach, and she's making up ground. And this is the critical stage. So I wouldn't throw that one just in the it looks bad race. It could be a competitive contest in Virginia. Your guest good as mine. In New Jersey, I don't know how New Jersey puts up with the candidates that they're offered. I don't understand it. You have a high tax that is continually frustrating voters and what voters really want out of government, but yet it just seems to be a locked in blue state. And that's it. I remember when New Jersey was a very competitive state. It was more purple than blue. I don't know, and of course, yes, Chris Christy, So I'll leave it at that. Dean.
Speaker 1: Well, the numbers, as I said, I won't read them to you, but there have been encouraging numbers for people that would like to see just a break in the one party stranglehold that has been on this state and maybe push back on some of these things that I think. Part of it is education, part of it is being, as Benjamin Franklin called New Jersey keg tapped at both ends. People are paying attention to Abillity, they're paying attention to New York, and it's really hard to get people to pay attention to the local politics.
Speaker 4: Okay, tapped it both ends. That's a really great say. Okay, I want to rapidly get through it. Few things to get your opinion on Carlos. Let's first, this one goes by first quick, folks, because we're only playing the end of the interview the way that it was capped off by the moderator on Face the Nation. Cut one Carlos, and then we'll go to the next one.
Speaker 11: And the one thing that we will continue to do is to make sure that he doesn't walk for you in the United States of America.
Speaker 4: That's the way the interview talking about mister Abrego. Now this is what was left out of Chris of that sentence. This is the entire sentence from Christy nome cut two.
Speaker 11: This individual was a known human smuggler MS thirteen gang member, an individual who was a wife beater and someone who was so perverted that he solicited nude photos from minors and even his fellow human traffickers told him to knock it off. He was so sick and what he was doing and how he was treating small children. So he needs to never be in the United States of America, and our administration is making sure we're doing all that we can to bring him to justice.
Speaker 4: Dean, what sense does it make to edit out her description of Kilmar Albrego Garcia. This is CBS, This has faced the nation. Would you expect more?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been. This is my third time saying I guess it would be that if I said I was naive, So I guess by now, I just expect it. But I can't. I can't imagine doing it. I just can't imagine the whole idea of just grabbing somebody, grabbing out to it because you've been told we must protect this person at all costs. It's a person that's really good for us politically and never adjusting, never realizing it's fellow human traffickers are saying this guy's no good and told him to knock it off. Well, maybe that's when you make you distance yourself from them. At least you don't have to. You don't have to, you don't have to play that bite at all. You could just not talk about it. And I think this is something that deals with that living in reality theme, because people don't realize they're not getting their news just from UCBS anymore. They can go on the internet, they can see the whole interview, they can hear everything, and they're gonna call you out on it. And I just absurd they think you'll buy that, that you won't under that you won't look into it.
Speaker 4: And Donald Trump had another dust up with Donna Brazil, which I don't even have time to get into today. And the fact that Donna Brazil, you know, and I met Donna Brazil before. I've had some interesting conversations with Donna Brazil many many years ago. But the fact that she's, after admitting what she did in the Hillary debate, that they're still going to her is just stunning to me. But Okay, let me move on. I got some names to run by, Dean, because time is short. We got to head out of here soon. The fastest hour in American media there is the Hill today has ranking for the Democrat contenders for the presidential race in two thousand and eight. Now on, once we get past the midterm elections, once we get past this next Labor Day, Dean, we're going to be talking presidential in It's going to start to dominate the news cycle.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 4: So here's what they think, and just give me very quickly what you think about each name. I guess I should start from the bottom of the list, and there are a few bottom of the list. Kentucky Governor Andy Bescher, he's number ten ranked potential Democrat presidential in twenty twenty eight. What do you think?
Speaker 1: All I ever hear is how much people like him. I'd like to see it get tested, and I'm not s so sure that he can convert that. I mean, I think there's too many guys who are too noe, too well known. If we're even going to talk about twenty eight twenty eight, this more out for somebody who's really a new beat to emerge.
Speaker 4: But we'll see Chris Murphy Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants a president from Connecticut. I don't think I'm talking about the party. He's gonna raise a little bit of money in the entire state area, but when you think of Connecticut, I just don't think that's what Democratic voters are going for. I think I don't know if jab Pritzker is on this list, but there's another guy for sam little reasons. I don't think they're going to buy the no no, shoot all the other billionaires, but not me, so to speak, only.
Speaker 4: Number eight, number eight on the list, Governor Josh Shapiro out of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: He seems much more interesting, but I don't know if he can get the nomination. Considering all the anti Semitism we've seen exploding on the left. I know that was the conventional wisdom that that's why Kamala Harris didn't pick him, but it seems like that that could be hurting him. And then also then I think the most attractive guy there from that state, probably the sameest one they have against all the odds as far as who makes sense as the same pick, is John Fetterman. And they can't pick him. He's in there, and I don't think he'd want to take him out.
Speaker 4: Number seven former Transportation Secretary Pete Boudaget.
Speaker 1: Well, we know he didn't do a particularly great job when he was in there, and we know.
Speaker 4: Cal shaking his head. No he mentioned of his name. No, No, he didn't do a great job when he was in there. So do you think he has a shot?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think he'll get a better cabinet position should the Democrat land. But that's about it.
Speaker 4: Number six Michigan guy went to Gretchen whitmer.
Speaker 1: I don't get Gretchen whitmery if it's about the records, and, as I was saying earlier, usually not about the records as much as we might like it to be. It's a lot of the people who just jump in. I don't see the skills in the life story that she brings to it. And I don't think she's really telegenic. I think that picture, don't You don't think she's telegenic. I don't really. I think the old pictures maybe are. But you know, I guess you age in office. Do people really want to watch somebody ask that? Once?
Speaker 4: A woman ooh, asking the question about Hillary Clinton Okay, number five, pres girb. But you've already answered priskers. So in the instance of time, we move on number three. Oh no, okay, number four. I'm sorry we were about to skip over Maryland's Governor west Moore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's interesting because he seems to be doing what I was saying that Doug Jones said, willing to say, yes, we think crime is a problem, we'd welcome some federal help, not denying outright, how can you deny crimes a problem in Baltimore, noting the citing the trend thing down. He seems like. But I don't know if he has the overall political skills, but they clearly really want him, and I think he could be an attractive candidate for them because he comes from a place that's going to be able to raise a lot of money, more so than Connecticut.
Speaker 4: I would say number three, Kamala.
Speaker 1: I don't think that they're going to want her again. I can't see that they would. I started to write a call about how he was following a little bit of the Nixon roots back to the presidency, but I don't think so. I think she was so contrived. I think Biden really oh gave her a hard time, let's say, because I don't want to use a screwed But.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move one to number two. Things. Who do you think would be number two? Quickly? Who do you think the number two person is.
Speaker 1: On this list? This isn't based on poland.
Speaker 4: Right, Carlos said. Carlos just and he haven't seen the auto. Carlos just said, number two on the list has to be AOC. Number two on the list AOC. What do you think, Dean?
Speaker 1: I think if you want someone who will win a bunch of primaries, probably she could make a lot of noise there. But I can't imagine her managing to get enough votes to be elected president. Maybe she wants to be vice president, but I think she is going to be like leaving something out. I think, so what do they say about politicians and fish they start to stink. I think she's gonna have a really hard time having staying power because she's not She's wide, but she's not that deep as far as the intellect and ability. And I think a lot of things like pretending she is from the mean Street to the Bronx which she grew up in Westchester, A lot more of that will come out. If she's under that spotlight, she should run for Senate or stay where she is.
Speaker 4: All Right, we gotta take a break. I'm just gonna just give me two words to describe the number one choice or three. Gavin Dowsome. Uh, gross, he's number one. We got to take your break, Dean. We'll let you go here. Thank you so much for staying with us and hanging out with us this Labor Day.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you. Invite you back anytime, and happy Labor Day, everybody. Enjoy your rest.
Speaker 4: James Golden's thirdly Labor Day Don't Go Away.
Speaker 7: The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: The Rush Hour with James Golden Entertaining and Informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 4: Su Well, folks, that's it. We gotta go. May God bless all of you. God willing back tomorrow. Keep it right here, don't go away.
Speaker 9: Thanks for listening to Bo Sturdley's Rush Hour. You can hear Bo Sturdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 4: If you like the.
Speaker 9: Podcast, share it with your friends and us at any time at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode so you never have to wonder
Speaker 4: What the heck is going on here