Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community Connection, brought to you in part by Wesley and Kitty College, Get Real Ministries, Tall Grass Motors, Arnold Moore Knee Camp, Arnold Moore in Knee Camp Funeral Home, and a Paternal Order of Eagles. Today with us, we have Miss Terry Potter. How are we doing today on this Monday.
Speaker 2: Young lady. Hey, it's a Monday. Hey, back to school. It's the full week for the kidders. Oh yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Are back into kind of the swing of getting toward fall. We're not fall yet. August is still here. We still got some of the nice temperatures. I like warm temperatures see here. Yeah, we're transplants from up north and we like the warm exactly. But yeah, so Barnes Valet's Connection is starting to think toward fall and some of the neat things we have coming up. So I just want to take a moment to share with you some of the fun things that we have. One of our annual highlights each year, once a year we include the men and in September that will be it. So yeah, yeah, yeah, September twelfth is going to be our guest night at Woollarock, and we're having a Western barbecue. We'll have Dinks barbecue and just all kinds of fun with that. But yeah, no, we look forward to it. And Kevin Talk from Willarock will kind of give us a little welcome and tell us some of the things that are going on at Wollarock. And then we have a really neat couple from Arkansas that are coming over to share with us. They have quite a story. It's Beth and hal Walker of Bellavista, Arkansas, and they I don't want to tell all of their story because they tell it best.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 3: Long story short is, Beth had a health issue that kind of a stroke type of thing that she lost her memory and she she didn't remember that she was married and a mom and when she came to and so she had to refall in love with her husband and her family again, and it was quite quite a thing. It's kind of a neat God story. That's just the bottom line. It's a really a neat God story how she did. And God brought them back together as a family again too, when her health got better and her husband started dating her as she was in recovery and telling her, you know, how much he loved her and looking, you know, at first she was like, who is this man that's saying this, you know type of thing. But yeah, but it's just a neat love story and how God really brought them back together again as a family and his work miracles in their life and so yeah, yeah, it's one of those happy ever afters that we all like to have. So it's going to be a really fun evening guest night at Woollarrock for bars Relai's Connection. It's September twelfth, which is we're always the second Thursday of the month, and we'll be at the Woollarock Event Center again. We'll have Dink's Barbecue. We do need to have reservations. It's for men and women, it's for all ages, and so we encourage you to come as a couple, come just as a single, come and join us for a fun together at Woollarock. It's always beautiful to sit there and look out over the woods and the lake and things and just kind of enjoy the beauty of Woolarock in itself. It is fourteen dollars per person, so it's really reasonable. Yeah, yeah, it's really reasonable to be able to come, but we do need your reservations the Tuesday before, so September tenth is our reservation deadline at noon, and we need to have reservations so we can let Dinks and Woollarock know how many chairs, how much food, that type of thing to have for it as well. But it really should be a special evening and bye a friend, you know, it'd be a kind of a neat couple's event or date night or something like that to come and join us and be there for Bartlesville Ladies Connection. Then as we look toward October, we're talking pumpkins.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, October pumpkins.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have our Pumpkin Patch lunch and it's gonna be a heart Matters and that will be October tenth. And Alice Winkler, who is in our group, she's going to be showing us how to make pumpkin rolls and she makes the best pumpkin roll. We're going to get to taste those two. We're going to have a luncheon and that's going to be our dessert too, So yeah, so it'll be delicious. Well, our inspirational speakers coming from Ohio. Her name's Nancy Williams. She's actually been here before and she's back by popular demand. I mean, she really is a great speaker, a lot of fun, fun and inspirational all at the same time too, just a really neat speaker.
Speaker 2: So that's our October Luncheon.
Speaker 3: Our November Luncheon is again an annual event that we look forward to each year, and that's when we go out to Hillcrest Country Club and have our holiday Extravaganza. And that is our silent auction event where we bring things and you take things. You bring things and then you buy things to take away. It's our fall fundraiser event. We also have beautiful cakes that are our centerpieces. This is the cake centerpiece competition and it gets very competitive because there are some amazing cake decorators in this area.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So if you would like to be one of our cake decorators, we'd love to have you provide one of the centerpieces for us. It becomes part of our silent auction and if it's one of the we take when everybody comes to the door, they get a little marble and they vote for their favorite one. So if it's one of the top three, those top three go into a live auction and so all the cakes will be given away by the end of the day, but hopefully you could take home your favorite one day as well.
Speaker 2: We do have prizes for the top three that go.
Speaker 3: The first place prize will be Sunday brunch at Hillcrest Country Club for two, second place will be dinner for two at Stirling's Grill, and third place is lunch for two at an upcoming bars with Ladies Connection.
Speaker 2: So some great prizes too.
Speaker 3: If you like to bake cakes, we'd love to have you part of our cake competition. Get in touch with me because we do have reservations for that. We have a certain number of tables that we have and we want to make sure each table has a cake on it, and so just let me know and we'll make sure reserve a place for you for your special cake. But maybe you're not a cake decorator. Just come a fun time together with our luncheon. Our speaker is actually coming to us from Texas. She was supposed to be here in July and was going to speak at Poterosa, but she got COVID and so she could not come, and so she's now he all well and better and wants to come in November far of November luncheon, so we're glad and we're excited to have her come for that. So that should be really neat, neat talk and stuff as well. So that is our November luncheon. Our December luncheon is December twelfth. It's going to be at Tri County Tech and we look forward to being out at Tri County Tech. That's always special for luncheons. They do a great job out there. Seth and his crew give us a wonderful lunch. So that'll be our Christmas luncheon there. Our program is going to be a fashion show of quilt dresses. There's a lady in town named Sean Collier. She actually just lives a few blocks here from the radio station, and she makes quilt dresses that are phenomenal. She's an artisan, I mean, she sells these boutiques in New Springs.
Speaker 2: That's how beautiful they are.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of a neat thing because the quilt dresses, one side of it like might be reds and oranges and yellows, you know, or whatever, and then you flip it over and the reverse.
Speaker 2: Side of it would be like maybe.
Speaker 3: Greens and blues and yellows or something like that too, and so can The dresses are wonderful because like you can take it and you travel, they don't wrinkle, and one day you can wear one side and the other day but over where the other side and it's very simple.
Speaker 2: That's your outfit for the weekend. So yeah, it's neat.
Speaker 3: But anyway, you're going to see these dresses because she's going to have a fashion show of some of the dresses and tell how she makes them in all too. So that's going to be a fascinating luncheon in December, so kind of a sneak peek at what we've got ahead for Bartlesville Ladiess Connection. Really enjoy the opportunity to get to share with people. If people don't know what Bartlesville Ladies's Connection is, it's an organization that doesn't have membership, produce.
Speaker 2: Just come when you can join with us.
Speaker 3: There are some of us that are on the team organize it, that plan all the events and we'd love to have more people help us plan as well, but a lot of people have busy schedules, so just come when you can. We're always the second Thursday of the month. Sometimes we're luncheon, sometimes we're dinners. If you're interested in getting on the email list for it, just give me a call here at the station and I'll get you on the email list so that you know where and when our upcoming events are going to be. Like I said, they're always different, they're always encouraging, they're always inspirational, and we really invite everybody to come, you know, and join us for any of the events that they can. Another thing that Barsville's Connection does is we do the Jail Ministry. We go every Wednesday afternoon into the ladies' pods and do a Bible study for the for the jail ladies there.
Speaker 2: And that's another part of what our group does.
Speaker 3: Another part of our group does some Bible studies on Monday afternoons and Tuesday mornings, and so if you're interested in that, just give me a call and I can give you some more information on that as well. But non denominational, non you know, don't have to go to church even just come and join us for the events and be a part of us. We'd love to connect with you and just be a part of our community.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Joy appreciate it, my pleasure. Thank you alreaty folks.
Speaker 1: You've been watching and listening to our community connection on cable