Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk. Get them dives. Make's the cat backhand sign Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 2: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 1: We're waiting for you. Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 4: I dot itty best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padre's fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 2: Ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Tim kays, well, everybody ain't good afternoon. Welcome to Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day weekend, nice and sunny here in southern California.
Speaker 1: You're a world champion.
Speaker 6: Los Angeles Dodgers thirty two and twenty on this season, A game a half lead a top the NL West. After splitting the first two games in New York, the Dodgers go for the series win over the Mets. On Sunday Night Baseball in Queens, New York. Landon Knack on the mound for the Dodgers. First pitch for City Field is coming up at four to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. On Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, a big day at City Field already with show, Hey Otani throwing a live batting practice session.
Speaker 1: More on that.
Speaker 6: Throughout the show, we'll dive deeper into this pitch heat matchup David Vasego's one on one with Anthony bondek Orse. Dv checks in with us throughout Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We got your Dodgers magical moment, and in just a few minutes we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast both with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, yesterday things started good for the Dodgers, but then one bad inning Dedhi Man as a loss to the Mets. David Peterson, the left hander, had the Dodgers off balance for most of the seven and two thirds that he was out there yesterday, just two runs on five hits while punching out seven. Tony Gonslin started off good five innings, though he went got to trouble in the fourth.
Speaker 1: More on that.
Speaker 6: In the second, four runs, seven hits, four strikeouts, he would take the loss. The Dodgers jumped out to the early lead in the second, beginning with Keith k on Oh.
Speaker 7: Key k hits a ground ball up the middle and it dribbles through in the center field.
Speaker 1: Pots has a green light. He's gonna score.
Speaker 7: Keith k Hernandez with an RBI base hit and the Dodgers take a one nothing.
Speaker 4: Leads so they're one for one runners in the scoring position at seventeen such adventures last night, with six hits in those seventeen events.
Speaker 6: Harvey i number seventeen for Key k Hernandez with that RBI single scoring Andy Piez Dodgers of one to nothing. Then it was Dalton rushing grinding out, but not before Tommy Edmon scored Dodgers with a two spot in the top half of the second, led it two to one in the bottom of the second, though the Mets got one of them back. It was a two to one game going to the bottom half of the fourth inning when things started to un for Tony Gonslin Marte Rees on an infield single that scored a run that tied the game at.
Speaker 1: Two, and then one Soto gave the Mets the lead.
Speaker 7: Two balls, two strikes, Gonsolin kicks in fires, Soto swings and drives it to right center field. This has got trouble written all over it. It's off the top of the wall.
Speaker 2: One run is in.
Speaker 7: Here comes to a third rounding home to play at the play is out. The relay gets Marte trying to score from first base, but ultimately it's a go ahead double from one Soto that plates the pair and gives the Mets a four to two lead at the end of four full innings.
Speaker 6: The Mets with three runs at the bottom half of the fourth inning of four to two. They would tack on another one in the bottom of the eighth inning and a key insurance run as the Dodgers O could get no closer. They didn't have a lot of opportunity, only three runners left on base. They really struggled against the left hander David petersonho has figured it out later in his career, just one for five with runners in scoring position, and that hit came off with key k Hernandez back away in the second inning to get the Dodgers on the board, David Peterson gainst the win, Tony Gonsolin gets the loss as the Dodgers see their.
Speaker 1: Three game winning streak come to an end.
Speaker 6: Dodgers dropped the second game with this three game series at City Field Tonight, Sunday Night Baseball.
Speaker 1: The rubber game of this three game.
Speaker 6: Said, landon Neck on the mound, Dodgers a game and a half lead in the nl WES going into play tonight with more. Let's head out to the Galvin Motters broadcast booth as say good afternoon to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim Kats here on a Memorial Day weekend Sunday and a series finale. The rubber game of this three game series mole for the Dodgers and the Mets. It's Landon Neck and CODEI Singer. Looking back to last night, it was sort of an odd game. The Dodgers scored first the first two runs, the Mets scored the last five, and after they coughed up the lead, Tony Gonsolin can only finish five innings. It just never felt like the Dodgers really had a chance. That's how good David Peterson was yesterday and it's one of those tip your cap knights.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and he just worked marvelously in and around the strength zone. One thing that Dodgers did not do we talked about on the pregame show. They did not expand the strength zone a great deal, especially against the curve bull. But for Peterson, it's not like he was overpowering you. He's not a soft tosster to be in with. But he just worked the ball all around the strength zone. And if we look at the big guys in this lineup, when you look at the first two games of the series, Otani, Bets and Freeman combined just two hits in twenty five at bats, and in those twenty five at bats they've struck out collectively ten times. So they've handled the big power part of the Dodger lineup.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's really actually been a quiet series for both teams, big three, the Dodgers with the trio that you mentioned on Tony, Bets and Freeman, but for the Mats Lindor, Soto and Alonso, relatively quiet. Now, it did look like wan Soto started to get warm last night. He had three balls hit at better than one hundred and two miles per hour, including ultimately the game winning double off of Tony Gonsolon that broke that to two tie. And so all right, now you got to turn the page to tonight. And it doesn't get any easier against kode I Senga.
Speaker 2: No it doesn't.
Speaker 4: And one thing that Singa has done exceptionally well is to keep the ball in the ballpark. He's given up just one home run, but between that home run that he gave up, he's gone fifty and a third innings without allowing a base ball to leave the ballpark unless it's been in foul territory.
Speaker 2: So here's the guy too, is.
Speaker 4: That you're gonna have to It's like how to eat an elephant one bite at a time. Dodgers, I think are going to have to take little bites in the strike zone and also not chase the breaking balls that are just a little tempting. Because one thing about single we'll talk about it more during.
Speaker 2: The ball game.
Speaker 4: He does not throw a high percentage.
Speaker 2: Of first pitch strikes.
Speaker 4: So if you're hunting and say, oh, I'm going to go first pitch, first pitch, swing the bat. In particular with Andy Pahes who has been offering it a lot of first pitches. Nothing bad about it if they're good pitches, but be maybe a little bit more mindful as hey. The guy may not throw a lot of strikes.
Speaker 7: Early the Dodgers saw him in the Nation League Championship Series throw not a lot of strikes. It was sort of a surprise decision by Carlos Mendoza last year to give Singer the ball in Game one. Remember he was so much time last year with an injury. Sean man I was available to start that game. Instead, they go with Singa. He lasted just thirty pitches and only ten of those worst strike. He has strikes. He has his trademark ghost fork. We'll see if the Dodgers can dance around that and get two a guy who's been one of the top starters in all of Major League Baseball, the second best ERA behind just Max Freed of the New York Yankees, the Dodgers and Mets. One more time in Flushing, Queens. When we talk to you next to him, Rick Monday's going to give you a few keys to keep an eye out for it.
Speaker 6: All right, looking forward to that thanking Nelly Dodgers going to action a game and a half up on the San Francisco Giants who already won today in our nation's capital, a three two victory over Washington. Coming up here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck. We got a lot to get to if we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza, Shake it and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up, we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. I'm sure we'll hear a little bit more about show hey Otani throwing live batting practice today. We'll check in with David Basse. Got your pitching match up up next to your Otani rewind. It's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets Sunday Night Baseball from New York. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and Met Sunday Night Baseball from Queens, New York. Rubber game with this three game series landing neck. But I sing of the pitching matchup. First pitch from City Field is set for four ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 6: Well Quiet night for show Heyotani. Last night at City Field, the Dodgers lost five to two Show Hey Otani over four, punched out three times, now hitting below three hundred and two ninety six on the season, still a three to ninety on base percentage. Dodgers lost Game two last night five to two to the New York Mets. Today it is Sunday Night Baseball, the rubber game of this three game series, with the Dodgers a chance to get this series win and head off to Cleveland for a three game series against the Guardians. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Well, give him a call eight seven to seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today, still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this pitching matchup. We'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts latest on the injury report, including an update on Evan Phillips. David vasag goes one on along with Anthony Bonda. But up next we hear from the Skipper Dodgers met Sunday Night Baseball from New York. I'm Tim Katsis the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: On your home for the Blue.
Speaker 3: All season long.
Speaker 6: We're Ongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch Sunday Night Baseball in New York Dodgers and Mets Morago Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam for good times. First pitcher City Field is set for four ten.
Speaker 5: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Rookie Sazaki on the iel. He's gonna start throwing here, hopefully shortly. Curby Eates on the il at the right hamstrings train, Evan Phillips on the ile with the sort right forearm. He is not throwing, not picked up a baseball, and Dave Roberts says it's a little concerning as far as where he's at right now. Tyler Glass now Blake Snell like trying to Michael Kopek, Bruce dargratteral all on the il with arm injuries. All right, there's a long list of injuries for the Dodgers. Let's head back out to New York and check out the Dodgers skipper anything answer.
Speaker 3: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 2: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 8: I was, it was good. It was fun to watch. I think he was having fun with it. I think we got something out of it. Twenty two pitches, touch ninety seven. There's some sweepers, some cutters choosing for a scene, and so I thought it was a good first step.
Speaker 9: There is a few more real, like seeing him in the uniform automate league now obviously little game like sort of seeing something similar to that.
Speaker 8: It does you know, I've gotten so used to seeing him as a hitter, and so to see him on the mound just solely as a pitcher, it was different and certainly exciting for.
Speaker 10: All of this, So tell you anything, just like how much fun he seemed to be having and how lighthearted he could be even while going through his work.
Speaker 8: It did it did. I think that he was certainly working and you know, progressing, but I think he was certainly having fun with it, and obviously there was a lot of attention to it. A lot of his teammates are here watching.
Speaker 2: And support him too.
Speaker 10: How much we'll kind of like the next couple of days just seeing how he feels coming out of it, kind of help guide what might come next.
Speaker 8: That's that's going to be the driver.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 8: Obviously we can all speculate that there's gonna be another live next weekend, but that's all contention on, you know, how he feels in the ensuing days, and obviously, you know, Wednesday seems like the logical day for him to throw a touch and feel like just stick with his routine. But yeah, I think once we keep kind of getting to the day next day, we'll figure.
Speaker 9: Out where we're at now that thing's actually insuling ends you just like kind of modern more day to day like how he's feeling physically when it comes to the hitting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because I think that, Yeah, that's for sure, because there were certainly with the velocity today, the amount of pitches, there was more intensity. So I'll be I'll be mindful of well, I'll be mindful of how that affects tonight's game too.
Speaker 10: Are you surprised at how good this stuff looked and how the blosso and he does continued to go.
Speaker 8: It was a big jump today from what I understand from the bullpens to hear facing hitters. Not surprised though, because you know the competitor still comes out.
Speaker 2: You still want to get.
Speaker 8: Guys out, and so to see him or see him touch ninety four ninety seven wasn't overly surprising.
Speaker 10: Does that give you just kind of like some optimism about how the stuff's gonna play, even coming off of a second TJ as he keeps filming up these next couple.
Speaker 8: Of months, it does, Yeah, if it kind of work out as it should. He's a tough end starter, and so that's kind of get all of our expectations.
Speaker 1: All right. So there's the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, big day for show, hey Otani throwing a live batting practice today at City Field, and they were very excited from what they saw. Nineteen months after elbow surgery and now pitching for the Dodgers at least bullpen sessions checking another box on his way back. But we continue here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on Debt. We'll check another box. We'll check in with David Bessy. It's the latest. You lead out the first pitch Sunday Night Baseball from New York Dodgers and Mets. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Mets Sunday Night Baseball.
Speaker 1: Landed that code.
Speaker 6: I say to the pitching matchup, let's not waste any more time he's been to wait.
Speaker 1: Let's get to him.
Speaker 5: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger insider David BASSI me.
Speaker 1: We just heard from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Big day for show Aotani, something you've been talking about for about a week and a half, two weeks.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 11: It's good to keep international relations, Tim and my relations with the Japanese media is stronger than most out there in the baseball world. And they let us know last Saturday that the Dodgers were planning to have Otani have a live batting practice at City Field. It was supposed to be yesterday, but because of that thirteen inning affair, the Dodgers obviously understood late night, early morning.
Speaker 3: Let's just push it back to today. Sunday night.
Speaker 11: Baseball cooperated and he faced guys like hay Song Kim Dalton rushing and even batting hitting coach j T walkins in against Otani.
Speaker 3: So everybody wanted to see it.
Speaker 11: The Japanese media was lined up outside of city Field hours before media was allowed inside. I firmly believe this tim If they would have sold tickets for the high price of one hundred dollars at city Field, there were fans that would have bought that ticket to watch Otani throw live batting practice. Look, guys do this all the time, but everybody wants to see what this guy has. And yes, he was unbelievable as a pitcher and a hitter with the Angels, but we haven't seen that Otani, that dual personality.
Speaker 3: So today was just a glimpse into that.
Speaker 11: And you know, Dave Roberts let us know before he let Ken Rosenthal know yesterday during the game by the way, right, Tim, he let us know on Friday before he let Rosenthal know in the third inning of yesterday's game that Otani would not be pitching until after the All Star break. So if you listen to Dodger Talk, you'll know everything a lot before these national fancy news outlets.
Speaker 1: David had driven by four.
Speaker 3: That's fancy find on a Sunday, Tim.
Speaker 1: I'm fired up with.
Speaker 6: You, Dave, because we like choices, and you can find the F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This march can only be called F one fifty. Bobby Miller, we saw him. What's his new role? Maybe gonna be moving forward, David, He's not gonna be a starter anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think right now he is. He's been sent out.
Speaker 11: Obviously, the Dodgers needed another fresh arm because things are a little thin these days, so they signed right handed pitcher Chris Stratton in optioned Bobby Miller to Triple A Oklahoma City, and in the process they designated for a signon JP fireheis, And so the shuffling of the decks in that Dodger bullpen to get some fresh arms with a weary bullpen continues today.
Speaker 3: But here's something to consider.
Speaker 11: Tim Bobby Miller, for whatever reason, hasn't figured it out as a starting pitcher, and talking to people around the organization going back to when Bobby was an emerging prospect, he just has so many pitches at his disposal in his own head, and it seems like he's trying to use all five six pitches instead of just simplifying things. And you know, I know my nickname for him was Bobby Ice back in the day, but I feel like I'm changing his nickname to Bobby Bullpen now because yesterday in that at bad against Juan Soto, he threw ninety nine high cheese at Sodo and then an eighty six change up away from Sodo that place coming out of the bullpen instead of messing with five other pitches. He's got the fastball, He's got a change up. That's all he needs to stick. And at this point in time, if it doesn't click soon, I feel like the Dodgers will consider that. But Bobby Miller has got to embrace it. So here's my start. Bobby Miller, consider Bobby Bullpen.
Speaker 6: Considerate that's a great opportunity for him to get back to the major leagues, David, we appreciate it. We will check back in with you in just a few minutes. Coming up here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck, you'll hear from Anthony Bonda, a guy who's done very well as a reliever for the Dodgers out of the bullpen. Something Bobby Miller should consider. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup up next o your Dodgers magical moment. Yeah, leave you up to Sunday Night Baseball. Dodgers have met some I'm Tim Kase's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 5: Howor this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and met Sunday Night Baseball from New York LANDONNCODE.
Speaker 1: I singa the pitchy matchup.
Speaker 6: After the game, Dodgers will head to Cleveland for a three game set against the Guardians. Dodgers going to play game and a half up over San Francisco in the NL West. First pitch from City Field coming up at four ten.
Speaker 4: I thought all that without a hot dog, who wants a hot go?
Speaker 5: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawfey Hotels.
Speaker 6: Happy eleventh anniversary. Did Josh Beckett On this day? May twenty fifth, two thousand and fourteen, the Dodgers in Philadelphia taking on the fight in Phillies Josh Beckett a J. Burnett going toe to toe. Burnett would go seven innings. Dodgers, though, would win six to nothing behind a no no from Beckett.
Speaker 4: So here goes Beckett. He's coming up. He is set and on the way. The three two pitch to chase.
Speaker 3: He like gott it.
Speaker 1: God ain't looking straight.
Speaker 12: Three and Josh Beckett becomes the eleventh Los Angeles Dodgers to throw a no hitter, and the first sits hoday On on the September seventeenth, nineteen ninety six, at Denver against the Rockies to throw a no hitter.
Speaker 6: How about that Josh Beckett throwing a no hitter on this day? Back then in two thousand and fourteen, Clayton Kershaw also would throw a no hitter that year June eighteenth against the Colorado Rockies. Since then it was the combined four pitcher no hitter. Back in two thoy and eighteen, This Hofey Magical Woman, brought to you by Hofey Hot Talks, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Haffey Hot Talks, Local and so great. Let me continue here on Dodgers on Decal.
Speaker 6: Check back here on Rick Monday for leading up to first pitch Sunday Night Baseball, Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kass, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 1: Season long, Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 6: The rubber game of this three game set from New York Sunday and Night Baseball. Landing that code I single the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers between the two. Coming up in just a little bill heard from Anthony Bonda, coming up in ten minutes.
Speaker 1: First pitch set for four ten.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Massey. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: All right, Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: A normal game yesterday, actually a quick game because pitching was so good on the Mets side.
Speaker 3: Those things happen some.
Speaker 4: Nights, David, David David. By the way, I got some feedback. A couple of people thought that we were a little bit too harsh on the umpires and talking about and talking about Game one, and then I went off on the Empires again last night because they came on the field late. The game started late, not because the players weren't right, it's because the umpires were not on the field, not even on time to get the line of cards. So, yeah, this is an interesting umpiring crew to say the least.
Speaker 11: No doubt about it. You don't want to be the center of it, probably here.
Speaker 3: Right Rick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll hear it again from some people. But you know that's fine too. It's not that difficult. You know, there's a locker room attendant for the umpires as well, and I'm sure that all of them have a watch, and there's probably a clock in.
Speaker 2: The room as well.
Speaker 4: So that's about the only start today, okay.
Speaker 2: R Yeah, you know, And you bring.
Speaker 4: Up a good point for those that may be a little misunderstanding of what we're talking about. Clayton Kershaw is one that likes to take the mound a little early. In other words, if it's a seven to ten game start time, he may take the mound at seven o five and if he's pitching and the empires are late, I just wonder if he would say something to him, because he said, hey, look it was published in all the papers, it was advertise, and the umpires are late. I thought that was well. I was a little wound up after our pregame show yesterday.
Speaker 11: Anyway, I could tell feisty like Brad Paisley described you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the way it should be. I mean, no, feisty. Yes.
Speaker 4: I think passion is a nice thing to have about what we're doing and what we invest our time in and our effort, and I think everybody in baseball does so.
Speaker 2: From the light side. Speaking of light side, we have to.
Speaker 4: Go back, and you know, from time to time there were players that get into do a difficult times and they had their hands slapped by disciplinary measures by Major League Baseball, maybe gesturing the wrong way to the fans or another. Well, on this date nineteen nineteen, Casey, yeah, yeah, we're going I was not there, but I read about it. He actually gave the fans at eedbitts Field. Now, Casey, he was traded by the Dodgers in the start of nineteen eighteen to the Pirates, and he was not happy about it. So in nineteen nineteen, the Pirates come to ebbitts Field to play the Dodgers and Casey Stengel is still irritated about being traded. So he's in the batter's box, he's hitting. He called time. He steps out of the box and he gives the fans a bird, literally a bird, because the twenty eight year old Pittsburgh right fielder took off his baseball cap. They didn't have helmets at the time, took off his cap and what did he have underneath his cap? A sparrow andle it flew out from underneath his cap and flew away.
Speaker 2: So it was on the state.
Speaker 4: Casey Stengle gave Dodger fans at Ebbittsfield the bird.
Speaker 11: Those were wild times back there in the Borough of Brooklyn, right, Rick. I mean, I'm sure you heard a lot of stories. Those are unusual things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, at least it was not a killers, So what the heck?
Speaker 2: Just a sparrow, hey, Rick.
Speaker 11: Being back in that part of New York City, Flushing, where Shaye Stadium used to be. Obviously, the Mets were formed in nineteen sixty something after the Giants and Dodgers had left their colors are a blend of the two franchises that left, right, they're Burrows. What was the vibe going back to Shaye Stadium? And how many Dodger fans would still support the Dodgers when you were playing just a few years after.
Speaker 4: I think they still would. Some were still very angry. So you saw a little semblance of kind of both.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Here's the weird thing.
Speaker 4: Also, Charlie Steiner, who I talked to Charlie a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: He's getting better and better and better, and.
Speaker 4: That's good to us, for all of us, and hopefully see him again and hearing from again very very soon. So Charlie grew up in New York and he was a Dodger fan. So then the Dodgers move out west, he was irritated. I was delighted because he moving out to the LA Coliseum to begin with, until Dodger Stadium was completed. So Charlie became a New York met fan out of necessity. He didn't like the Yankees, so it became a Met fan. So we'd come back into town from various various times, and you know, Charlie said, well, I used to you know, I used to root for the for the Mets, but I've always been a Dodger fan and then as a Dodger broadcaster, so it kind of goes back and forth. So we heard it from a positive standpoint, and we heard a couple of people that were still irritated that the Dodgers actually did move out of Brooklyn.
Speaker 11: And Gil Hodges led the miracle sixty nine Mets to the World Series as their manager.
Speaker 4: You know what's yeah, what's really kind of strange too, is if you look back in the history of the Dodgers, Walter O'Malley had looked at parcels of land in this particular area where now City Field is, and there was a proposal and plans drawn up to a stadium that had a roof here in this area somewhere around Queens and for those geographically Shay Stadium where it was. This stadium, City Field was basically built just beyond the right center field fence by maybe one hundred yards, so it was that close proximity, all right.
Speaker 11: Rick a lot of connections to New York City to this day for the Dodgers who were beloved by that borough and those bums.
Speaker 4: Okay, so fine, a sparrow train it and then you can give everyone to bird.
Speaker 11: All right, Rick, thanks a lot. Maybe I'll I'll send you a bird one of these days.
Speaker 2: No, it'll be a hawk.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, Rick, it'll be a term of endearment. Whatever it is, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: Tim.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you guys. That's the Dodgers game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan too. Start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rain. Yeah, it's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Wour classes can fill it quickly, So in roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitchy matchup. Rick'll be back with Steven Nelson to get you those keys to a Dodger win up next. So we go high and tight with Anthony Banda. It's a Dodgers and Mets Sunday Night Baseball from New York.
Speaker 1: First pitch of four ten.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers have met Sunday Night Baseball from New York.
Speaker 1: It's the rubber game of this three game set.
Speaker 6: Dodgers won the opener in thirteen innings on Friday, dropped the game well last night to the Mets, and tonight's looking to win this series before heading off to Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She Sushi.
Speaker 6: Enjoyed the handcraft to sushi with a quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy listening to the game. Zen She Sushi made fresh on site daie by professionally trained sushi chefs. They got all the roles, the spicy tuna roles, the salmon rolls to Timperi shrimproles, my personal favorite, the mango crunchyet dragon role. Plus they got Poke Bolls. Zen she handcrafted sushi right near the deli counter at Ralse.
Speaker 1: Zen She always fast, fresh and easy and.
Speaker 5: Now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 11: We're joining right now by one of the dogs, part of the World Series Champions last year and a big part of the Dodger Bullpen this year, the one and only Anthony Banda.
Speaker 3: Anthony, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate.
Speaker 9: It, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 11: Can we rewind to Mexican Heritage Night at Dodger Stadium. What did you think about the uh Luce Libre fighters that they surprised everybody with thought.
Speaker 9: That was pretty cool given the fact that you know wrestling I watched growing up, me and my brothers, we watched it, fell in love with it until I found out it was fake. But no, it's very entertaining, and that's what I came to an understanding with was the entertainment of it. So I can see, you know why people love it and people cheer for it and then plussed like the jersey's. I thought they were awesome. So I was begging you guys to give me some. So I'm glad I got some.
Speaker 3: I can hook it up, Banda if you need some, I got some. I got so you deserve it.
Speaker 11: I mean, you leave your arm out there on the mound. You leave your heart out there on the mound every time out there. What's it like coming back and being a world champion?
Speaker 9: It's fulfilling, But you know, we got another job at hand, and it's a new season, so you know, we leave all the awards and everything else like that back at home and get back to work and stay focused on what we need to do this year.
Speaker 11: Your job title is still the same Dodger reliever, but it feels like your role is a lot different than last year.
Speaker 3: How have you adjusted to it?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 9: You know, it's the same mindset I had last year whenever the phone rings and it's it's made just kind of you know, understand what the job is and understand my lane and understand the sequences I need to do to attack the hitters, and just go and execute that game plan and have some fun doing it.
Speaker 11: You and the other dogs from last year were pushed to the limits. I have not forgotten that, and I don't take for.
Speaker 1: Granted just the the wear.
Speaker 11: And tear and the toll it takes on your body. How have you been able to bounce back? And do you feel like your body is is more in a rhythm now than it was maybe to start the year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, given the fact, you know, we had some unfortunate injuries going down, and you know, it's you know, it's a it's a workload that we're taking on. But that's that's kind of what we do, and it's kind of our job, and you know, it's it's it's an honor to put on the Dodge of Blue uniform and continue to pitch for the Dodgers. So if you want to continue doing that, you just got to understand that that comes with the job. And uh, you know, like we've always said, we always peak each other up, regardless of what it uh, what it takes.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's a.
Speaker 9: Team effort, and so that's what we're striving for every single time. And whoever's coming out of that boat and we're rooting for and cheering for, and when that person gets a job, it's the next person up. So that's just what our mindsets are and that's that's what we carried from last year to this year and and we've been we've been in a good spot lately, so I think we're doing a very good job with that.
Speaker 11: How impressed have you been with Ben Casparius because he's in a similar spot him and Jack Dryer as you were last year, and they seem to have really stepped up like you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, you know, having guys to step up and understand that that's the culture that that we expect and that you know, they molded into very very quickly. It's it's a it's amazing to watch. It's given the fact that they are young and you know, this is our first full year, but they're what impresses me the most impresses everybody down there is that they're relentless and they're not they're not scared to go after hitters and they go out and just you know, they have unbelievable stuff and you know, they just take advantage of the hitters and you know, basically bully the guys. So it's fun to watch given the fact that we've known Ben for a little bit now, but especially with Jack, he's a very quiet individual, but he knows what he's doing. He gets his job done, and you know, I couldn't be more happier for those two guys to really step up and take on those roles.
Speaker 11: World Champion and great teammate Anthony Bonda is our guest before I let you Go, I know you have to be in the moment. You're not reflecting on last year. But there is a lot of that because the Dodgers are going to be playing the Mets seven times in the next week, You're gonna see the Yankees on the next home stand as well as a group of that bullpen, what do you believe you guys are the most.
Speaker 9: Proud of just taking on the workload and taking on the responsibility of being in that bullpen and showing up every day ready to get You know, we we control what we can control, and like I said, we're part of the team and it's a team effort to go out and try to win every single game. So the thing is is like that's that's pretty much what we're proud of, and that's what we carry around with us, regardless of who we're playing or you know, where we're at, regardless of you know, who goes down who doesn't. It's just all about a team effort and we're all pulling for each other. And at the same time, you know, we know that every single day we got to bring our a game because that's just the Dodgers way.
Speaker 11: Hey, that was one of the most remarkable performances any bullpen has ever put together as a group in a World Series, in a postseason run. And Anthony Bonda, you obviously were a big part of it. And keep it going, stay healthy, stay up and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 9: Thank you for having me there.
Speaker 11: He is the man, Anthony Bonda. Everybody loves him in LA. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Everybody loves Bonda for sure. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Shakey's Pizza Parlor. They can Dave, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Podcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shankys dot com. Lean you have to first pitch from New York. Dodgers have met Sunday Night Baseball up next, we dive deeper in this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Katis's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Mets Sunday Night Baseball from Queens, New York. The rubber game of this three game set. After the game, Dodgers Board of plane head to Cleveland for a three game interleague series against the Guardians.
Speaker 1: But first things first, first pitch of four tens.
Speaker 5: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Where is hit about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and playharrd in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine into truck built for the bull See your Toyota dealer today they.
Speaker 1: Make it easy.
Speaker 6: Last night, well, the Dodgers fell to the Mets in the second game of this three game series. Today the rubber game with Code I Singo on the mound four and three with the one to forty three era thirty two year old right handed out of Japan. Third season in the Big leagues last year sort of a lost season, only made one start, came back from a shoulder injury, then suffered a hamstring injury, making his tenth start here in twenty twenty five last time out six innings, three runs, five hits, five strikeouts and a loss to the Red Sox. Singa has one previous start against the Dodgers that came in July of twenty twenty three, a five to one Dodgers win. He'd had nine strikeouts, though in the loss. His pitch that is his go to the ghost fork. It's a fourth ball that's pretty much unhittable. Thirty four of his forty seven strikeouts here are with the ghost fork and has generated a forty one percent with rate.
Speaker 1: It's really good landon Neck.
Speaker 6: He needs to be really good tonight for the Dodgers two and one with a six to seventeen.
Speaker 1: ERA.
Speaker 6: Twenty seven year old right hander, former second round pick out of Tennessee State, made his.
Speaker 1: Major league debut last year. He's been up and down from TRIPAA.
Speaker 6: Making his fifth start, seventh appearance for the Dodgers at the big league level this year. Last time out behind Jack Dry, he was the bulketing guy against the Diamondbacks on Monday Night at Dodgers Stadium. Five innings, four runs, six hits, three strikeouts in a no decision. This is his first time ever facing the New York Mets. It's landon Neck code, I singa Dodgers have met Sunday Night Baseball's We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates. It's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Dodgers in New York, wrapping up their three games series against the Mets Sunday Night Baseball, Land and Neck on the map code I SINGA, we'll go for New York. First pitch from City Field coming up in four to ten. Before that, let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch, Deeven Nelson, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 7: Appreciate that Tim first pitch is gonna be here before we know it. Rick Monday, the Dodgers and Mets gonna try and finish this series with a win because the series is on the line today SINGA that we talked about in our previous hit and then Landon Knack for the Dodgers, give me a key with the Dodgers right hander tonight.
Speaker 4: I think, first of all, some innings we mentioned last night in the pregame show that the Dodgers starting pitching has averaged fewer than fourteen outs per start, So that's about four and two thirds innings right around that area. So for Landon Nak, he needs to stretching out a little bit more. Boat Been still needs a little bit of a breather, and for Nac, we'll find out how that changeup is going to work. He has twenty three strikeouts. Eleven of those are on the changeups and on the flip side of the coin. When you look at CODEI Singa going for the New York Mets. I mentioned earlier, his first pitch strike rate is the third lowest of starting pitchers in Major League Baseball, So that's something to be aware of. The Other part two is you better get to him early in the game because once he's gone third time through the lineup, posing hitters have hit below one hundred against him.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what I would like to see from Landon Nak tonight. Obviously, the matchup on paper would favor the New York Mets. Coodei Sanga has been that good and Landon Nac has frankly not. I mean, we saw him pitch five innings against the Diamondbacks. The long ball continues to hurt him, a pair of two run home runs allowed. He's facing a Mets team that got to him last year in the postseason. Mark Vento said that Grand Slam but I want Landon Nak to pitch aggressively, just attack. I mean Tony Gonslin. After last night's game, he said, fortunately I was only able to go five. I think the mentality of getting through five innings, I don't want that. I want a guy who is like, if go six, but and not be afraid to get hit. That's what I want to see from Landon Nax.
Speaker 4: Nine inning game and going five innings and the expectations going to fine.
Speaker 2: You do that with a guy that they now labels a bulk guy. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 7: So the Dodgers are gonna try and take this series for the Mets, win the first series on this road trip, and make it a happy flight to Cleveland, Ohio. First pitch coming soon, Tim back to you, all.
Speaker 6: Right, first pitch coming up up, and then after the game, keep in mind, the Dodgers will aboard their charter and head to Cleveland for a three game sear a series against the Guardians. The Dodgers going to play tonight with a game and a half lead over the San Francisco Giants in front of the Western Division of the National League. As far as the Cleveland Guardians are concerned, they are in second place in the AL Central, four games back of the Detroit Tigers.
Speaker 1: So a good.
Speaker 6: Guardians team six games over five hundred. That's tomorrow for the start of a three game set on Memorial Day.
Speaker 1: First sings first. It's Sunday night baseball.
Speaker 6: Mister and missus Mett ready to go at City Field in New York.
Speaker 1: We're ready to go to code.
Speaker 6: I singa landon Nack first pitches next, enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Kasey's a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network