Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Our next guest fighting very effectively for.
Speaker 2: The American Way. Let's go straight to the VIP line. Welcome Congressman Gabe Evans. Feels good to say that to The Dan Caplis Show. Congressman, how are you doing good?
Speaker 3: How are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Very very well? Thank you for that, and hey, grateful for the time. I know you are absolutely buried and you're getting off to a very fast start there. But having been a black Hawk helicopter pilot, I just know you have invaluable insight into what you can see and not see at night flying in a situation like this, So anything you could share there would be appreciated.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I mean, this is just an absolute tragedy what happened out at Reagan National Airport in Washington, and so our hearts go out to the friends, the family, and of course the victims who perished in that accident. You know, I spent almost ten years flying black Hawk helicopters here in Colorado and overseas in the combat zone. I was a black Hawk helicopter pilot and Command company commander, air mission commander, and Aircrew Training Program commander. So I've seen this from a few different perspectives and spent a lot of time flying around, you know, in and amongst a Denver's airspace, which is top five upmost busy airports in the nation. And so, you know, as the news started to come out about what happened, I had a couple of thoughts to go through my head. First of all, this is happening at nighttime under night vision goggles. Night vision goggles is actually one of the most challenging modes of flight for rotary wing aircrews. Right now, your normal vision is about one hundred and thirty degrees top of autumn, and from left to right it's about two hundred degrees. Your field of view, your standard issue night vision goggles are like looking through toilet paper tubes. It's about a forty degree field of view, which means that even under night vision goggles, your field of view is like less than ten percent of what it is. I know right now, with all of us just looking normally around and you lose a little bit of depth perception also with the night vision goggles. So in dense airspace like what's around Reagan National Airport, even if that Blackhawk helicopter crew is talking to air traffic control, which it sounds like it was, and air traffic tells them, you know, be advised of company traffic, it's entirely possible that that crewe just because of the limitations of night vision technology, potentially misidentified which aircraft they were being advised of.
Speaker 2: Congressman gave Evans her guest. Now, Congressman, I assume they need to be wearing these night vision goggles for training purposes because it seems like a dangerous restriction in that kind of busy airspace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it sounds like what was happening is a check ride. So to be a helicopter pilot for the United States Army is years of work and training and there is a long laundry list of tasks that you have to be proficient and responding to. It's actually called a CTL commander's task list. And when I was an Aircrew Training Program commander, I was the officer that had oversight of those commander task lists and everybody who flew on my aircraft to make sure that they were meeting all of those different criteria. All the way I make sure somebody meets that criteria is once a year, they have to sit down for a pretty exhaustive examination that includes both oral knowledge written knowledge, and then you actually have to go out and put it into practice flying with an instructor pilot and show that you still have the technical and tactical proficiency to be able to employ the aircraft. So, if that's what's happening on this particular flight, this is a It's one of the most complex missions that there are, and it's designed to be complex because this is the test that proves they're not you're capable of effectively employing that aircraft.
Speaker 2: Wow. And at that point, Congressman, because obviously the pilot and whoever's testing the pilot, they know their visions restricted. Are they relying on air traffic control at that point?
Speaker 3: And so this is where this is where we're all in on one team. When you're up in the air, you know, we would brief this every time we took off of once we get into the air. The only thing that matters is physics, and so we all have to work together as a team. Pilots, you're true chiefs in the backseat, air traffic control other airmen who are also flying and operating in that same airspace. And so it's an incredibly complex system. And realistically, the United States has done a fantastic job of managing all of the things that could go wrong and all of the human error that could intrude into a situation like that with a program that's been around and refined really for the last half half century called Crew Resource Management, and it is a formalized training program that is designed to make sure that pilot's, aircrew, air traffic controllers are all able to work together, exchange mission critical information, conduct airspace surveillance, and then check and crosscheck each other so that accidents don't happen, even when you're operating in a dynamic, high risk, rank structured environment. And so we really do have an exceptional track record of safety in aviation. But even so, it's still an incredibly complex environment to operate in, and just a couple of seconds of loss of concentration or focusing on the wrong thing still can unfortunately result in these terrible tragedies.
Speaker 2: Congressman Gabe Evans kind enough to be with us hee a black Hawk helicopter pilot during his years of service to the country. Now, sir, how fast would you guess that helicopter was moving at the time.
Speaker 3: The typical cruising speed for a Blackhawk helicopter is one hundred and twenty nine. We measure speed in knots air speed, not as like one point two miles an hour, so depending on your altitude, somewhere around one hundred and thirty miles an hour. Now, I have not ever personally flown in the Washington DC airspace and a black Hawk helicopter, so it's possible that there could be air speed restrictions when you're flying. It sounds like there's a rotary wing corridor that follows the Potomac. It's possible that there is an air speed restriction, But typically the Blackhawk helicopter is operated between eighty and one hundred and twenty knots, so ninety two one hundred and thirty one hundred and thirty five miles an hour.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you've seen the new angle video that it new to us. You probably saw it before. That's just being made public that appears to show the helicopter flying straight at the plane. For I thought one reporter said, twelve or thirteen seconds, have you seen that angle? And if so, what do you make of that?
Speaker 3: So I haven't seen that angle, And really there's what initially pops to mind is, again, there are so many different things that you have to monitor when you're flying. The division of labor in the cockpit is typically one aircraft, one pilot who's operating the aircraft. They're the ones whose hands are on the control. They're controlling air speed, altitude, pitch, yaw roll, all of the things that you're doing to actually fly the aircraft. Then you have the non flying pilots, so they're monitoring radios, they're monitoring airspace, they're thinking ahead to whatever the next step is in the mission. And then you have your back seaters, your crew chiefs, who are continuing to provide a variety of other tasks, things like airspace surveillance. If you're carrying a load, they're in charge of the cargo. If you're in a combat situation, they're in charge of the machine gun. So that whole crew is working together to be able to operate that aircraft and again under night vision goggles dense airspace, the risk of what we call, you know, target fixation or tunnel vision, focusing on one thing instead of being able to maintain your scan and your situational awareness is something that's an ever present risk. And not just for pilots. You know, again, we're a team with air traffic control. They can see a lot of the same things that we see through what it's called a transponder, which allows air traffic control to specifically and uniquely identify aircraft, be able to see their altitude, be able to see their speed, and so it really is a team to be able to safely operate in the national airspace system.
Speaker 2: And my last two questions, you've been so generous with your time, and you have this unique expertise, so we want to try to tap it all. Speaking of air traffic control at that point, to you, as a layman, I would think that air traffic control would be screaming at both of those pilots and would have some type of process in place. And wouldn't there be an onboard collision alert system on the Blackhawk as well as on commercial airline So.
Speaker 3: That system is called t CAST Terminal Collision Avoidance system. It's installed on all the airliners. It's required to be the limitation with t casts, so t caass can see all of these other transponders. To operate in the airspace that's around these busy airport's Class B airspace, you are required to have a transponder on and operating as an airliner is coming in for landing. However, it's the aircraft is facing an airport where there are of course lots of other planes taking off and landing, and so the sensitivity of TEA casts actually steps down because you know, you don't need the system freaking out and telling you there's a bunch of planes ahead. Well, yes, I know that I'm going to land at the airport, so at below about one thousand feet and then around five hundred feet. There are designs in the TCAST system where it steps down its sensitivity just so it's not blaring at the pilots as they're executing this critical mode of flight, you know, landing in an airport.
Speaker 2: And thank you. That's really interesting and something I'd never heard before. Final question, why would there be a black cop training mission at night between these three major airports Dallas, Reagan, Baltimore.
Speaker 3: We had to do that all the time here in the Denver air space. Interesting, if you are going to operate that aircraft, you know, for myself as a pilot in command, once I take off, I mean you're almost like a a ship's captain. You have a tremendous breadth of authority to be able to do whatever it is that you deem necessary to protect the lives of your crew and respond to any emergencies or contingencies. And so that just what we call airmanship, good decision making. That airmanship is something that's evaluated. And so if you're going to be operating in you know, the Denver metro area, you're going to be operating in the Washington DC area, you know, moving VIPs. That's a mission set that I've performed. You have to be able to show your competence to be able to perform in that environment. And there's really no other alternative to evaluate your mission effectiveness other than to actually go out and fly the mission.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much, Congressman for sharing your expertise. I've got to tell you, you know, I around a lot of expert witnesses. I watch a lot of on TV, etc. I've never heard anybody explain these things better than you just did. So thank you for being here today and look forward to the next conversation.
Speaker 3: Well, I really appreciate it. Thanks for the time, and again our hearts go out to the friends and the families and the loved ones.
Speaker 2: Amend that you take care, sir that his Congressman gave Evans, who obviously has been a black Hawk helicopter pilot, appreciate his expertise. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We usually come back with music. I don't know what that was. Is there an industrial accident back there or what something.
Speaker 4: That I'm interesting? You might say that it's the song is called Helicopter.
Speaker 2: Okay, see hey do they have an English version?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: That was it? Oh it was that kind of an English proto punk band. Gotcha, Kelly would hate this music. So I'm glad alexis here right now.
Speaker 2: It's I have been murdered. Well, and thank you Kelly off today. Thank you Alexa for being here. Thank you to Congressman Gabe Evans who joined us in the last segment. And I was saying to the congressman. You know, I work with a lot of great top experts from around the country in my lawn job, and obviously watched these experts on TV. These aviation guys, I've never heard better than we just heard in that last segment with Gabe Evans, who's an expert operating Black Hall helicopters. He's piloted them for years, including here and overseas, and he just added so much insight into you know, what it's like in the cockpit, particularly in those kind of situations. So if you get a chance, if you didn't hear it, go back in the podcast, Texter Dan Wild. Gabe Evans is a stud So glad you got elected. Great interview. Dan. If the TCA system or whatever downgrades near airports, well then we've got to keep army helicopters in night vision goggles away. Someone said, common sense. I learned so much in that interview, and what Congressman Evans was telling us was that, you know, these warning systems, collision warning systems are downgraded in sensitivity as you get closer to that airport runway because there are so many other planes there and they don't want the pilot being bombarded with these warnings because the warnings are triggered by transponders on other aircraft. So fascinating to know that. Not not very comforting, I think for anybody, but fascinating to know that Dana plane just hit them all in Philly. Text are correct. That's what the headlines have been. Now we're seeing some headlines saying near mall, some headlines saying further from all. Everybody's saying a small plane. The fireball that's visible in the video. Then if it's a small plane, single engine, small plane, the big fireball, I'm guessing is because of what it hit. You know, must have hit cars or something else with accelerant, you know, with some type of fuel to have that big of fireball. But apparently single engine, small plane and having grown up Ryan, I mean literally just off the end of the runway at Midway Airport in Chicago on the southwest side. Plane crashes, not major commercial crashes, but plane crashes just seemed like a fairly kind of routine thing, normally small planes. But there was that one big commercial crash. You would know this because you're like, you're like the original AI but that crash south side of Chicago, bunch of Watergate figures were on all right, Yeah, that was on the flight path to our house. If that plane had stayed in the air another second or two, it would have been right there. But what year was that, because yeah, that was the one big commercial crash in our neighborhood.
Speaker 5: I remember there was a Northwest Airlines crash in Detroit and only one little girl survived.
Speaker 4: Everybody else died.
Speaker 5: Her mother had covered her, her mother's charred body had protected the little girl.
Speaker 4: And she lived. She's in her thirties now, maybe forties.
Speaker 2: Man. We were so close to the end of the runway that literally, if we were flying in, family would come out on the back porch to wave.
Speaker 4: So I remember you remember when you tried to sit on.
Speaker 2: The right side of the plane because then you could see our house down there.
Speaker 4: Did you see Wayne's World the movie? I must have. There's a there's this great scene.
Speaker 5: I think it's Chicago, Illinois, and Wayne and Garth are literally right we were talking. They're on their car watching the planes fly overhead. So but I know it's true the question that I had, and I'm so glad that you asked, and thank you for doing that. Dan was so in Chicago. You've got o'haran Midway two airports. Yeah, Detroit only has one. We're we're talking here, and I just flew into Dullest to go to the inauguration. There are three three major airports, all within striking distance triangulated from one another, Dullest, Reagan in Baltimore, which isn't that far away either, And Representative Evans underscored to us, Yeah, you got to be able to fly black Hawk helicopter under those conditions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that was one of the really interesting things he said. Everything was actually but that they, as I understood him, they make it a point to go out into those most challenging environments to train because you've got to have that airmanship ability. And it is when you think about it, Ryan, right, I mean, what happened the other night completely preventable, cannot be allowed in America. But the fact that we have all these aircraft in the air all the time, and it's been how many years now since we've had a major disaster now, way too many near misses. Yeah, and obviously the system needs to be upgraded, but almost a miracle that we don't have more of this.
Speaker 5: But how much of this blame lies at the feet of Pete Budha Judge, who was horribly unqualified for that position Department of Transportation.
Speaker 4: We all know that, and he was a DEI hire himself.
Speaker 5: He was a mayor of South ben Indiana, had no experience in the field. We had not enough air traffic controllers. This is being widely reported. Then this is to blame one person was doing two persons people's jobs. Feel very bad for our air traffic controllers. But the question remains, why were they turning away qualified white male applicants just because they couldn't make diversity.
Speaker 2: Highers, Which is as I'm sure you intended, the perfect transition into our next guest, because this is a guest you probably have not heard anywhere else. Grady Block Mountain States Legal Foundation. They are not newcomers to this. They have had a class action suit in the works for a while representing I think over a thousand folks who wanted to be air traffic controllers and say they were denied because they're white. And so this lawsuit it's been certified for class action status. Will get the details after the break, but it comes down to this, right listen, It may well be that the most qualified air traffic controller in America. That one individual the pinnacle of the profession may be black, maybe a woman, maybe Latino, maybe white, maybe whatever. But the point being that when it comes to that position, or any position, it should not be based on race, as doctor King said, it should always be based on merit. But clearly, and whether it's a direct cause here or now, we don't know. We'll left to find out over time. But clearly, the left, clearly the left has been in many ways, many many ways, including legalization of drugs, and we have no idea if that was a factor here has been lowering the standards in America, lowering the standards of competence, lowering the standards of performance. That has to be replaced across the board. You're on the Dan Kapla.
Speaker 4: Show, you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 6: I would say that I'm so sorry. Oh maybe people are getting detect children. I don't understand. I'm so sorry. I wish I could do something that it can I don't know what to do. I'll try everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Selena Gomez so deeply disturbed there. Well, one thing she could do is be grateful that President Trump is removing criminally legals, because criminally legals prey on everybody, including other people here illegally. Hey, let's go to the VIP line. Here, we've got Grady Block with us, very very important guests from Mountain State's Legal Foundation on this lawsuit, which has been important from day one, but now has taken on this added importance in view of the horror the other night in Washington, d C. Grady, Welcome to the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Well, this to me, both as a lawyer, talk show host, and American citizen, etc. Is so fascinating and important. Would you please give people an overview of this class action case pertaining to air traffic controllers and people who wanted that job.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: So, it's kind of an interesting case back to the late Obama Biden administration. So we are representing nearly one thousand members of this class that were discriminated against by their race by that administration. And basically what happened is, you know, they were wanting to be air traffic controllers. They went to school, they did all the right things, They graduated from a program that had nearly one hundred percent success rate, and placement for being an air traffic controller. And what happened was there was a class about a thousand people and the Obama Biden administration looked at it and said, you know, this looks a little bit too white for us, so we're going to revise all the metrics for getting into this. Instead of going with the program that they used to do, they switched to a different questionnaire that effectively gerrymandered the hiring pool. So these thousand people that were representing were excluded because of this new test that they implemented that essentially just discriminated people against them for their race.
Speaker 2: It's so wait a second, you're telling me you've got this pool of applicants generally considered qualified. It's where they'd drawn from in the past, largely to fill these air traffic control jobs. And that the is it the Obama Biden administration that then came in and changed the game because they didn't like the skin color of the applicants.
Speaker 7: That's exactly right. So this was back in twenty twelve, twenty thirteen when all this happened. We actually filed the suit in twenty fourteen, so this goes back quite a way. It's been going on for quite some time, but that's exactly what happened. They had a very qualified pool and they didn't like the color of their skin, so they changed the tests. Jerry mannered these people out of their expected jobs, effectively ruining their lives. You know, there were people that went to college, got degrees, took this test, invested thousands of dollars based on this previous test, and then they just had it all pulled out from under them.
Speaker 2: Oh my lord, Well, it sounds like I haven't read the pleatings, etc. But it sounds like an incredibly strong case that that's taken on an added national importance. Right now, what's the defense?
Speaker 7: So the defense is interesting right now? You know, the main thing we're still in discoveries. We haven't actually gotten to the true merits of the case. But the interesting part right now is that in the late Biden administration they had asserted privilege over about fourteen thousand documents and basically trying to sweep the entire thing under the rug. You know, there's been some settlement discussions, but nothing really truly fruitful. But yeah, it's definitely coming to light now for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, and so right now it would be the current administration that would be engaged in settlement discussions, right.
Speaker 7: And right, which is it's a very quickly moving target here, because you know, the administration just got into office, so you know, I'm not even sure if they were truly aware of all this happening right now. They definitely are now wow. But yeah, that's one thing that's really interesting thing is you know the change in administration. You know, President Trump could come in and order a very very different course of action here than the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: Well, right, and it would seem that he's very very sympathetic to your cause. And I'm just trying to understand how a defense in this case, But based on everything you've told this Grady Block, our special guest from Mountain States Legal Foundation, how any administration could ever try to justify this, could ever try to justify hiring for any position based on the criteria of skin color. It seems the opposite of doctor King's core principle and American law. But then beyond that, for this position, I mean, this is like a heart surgeon, right, You've got to have merit above all in that job.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, you're right, man. You know, this is something that is clearly capable of creating very serious, dangerous situations, you know, in a way at AA, sorry was playing politics with public safety really here, and you know doctor King said it. Justin's Clarence Thomas said it. The constitution of boris classifications based on race, and that's exactly what was happening here, and it's really unfortunate the situations that it's causing.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys do a lot of great work Mountain States Legal Foundation. Can you tell folks a little bit about it and if they want to support it, what they can do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely so, Mountain States Legua Foundation. It's in Denver, Colorado. We operate all over the West, but really all over the country or a nonprofit public interest firm and pro bono, which is one of the great things. Our clients love our rates. So we do all sorts of law. You know, we do free speech claims, we do Second Amendment work. We've got a couple active waiting period cases in Colorado and New Mexico right now. We do a lot of natural protection work and we're very accessible via social media. If you can also check out our website anytime at MS legal dot org.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate everything you guys do, and I'm going to dive into the pleatings over the weekend. How do I pronounce it? Bri I g I d A. Is that brigit up? Brigita v dot bridget bridgidarly.
Speaker 7: It was a bit of a source of confusion early on, but it's definitely bridget Okay. Yeah, the pleetings are fascinating ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, courage. Now I'm going to dive in and then tweet them out, but would love to stay in touch with you as this unfolds. I think it's important on so many levels, and starting obviously now with making sure we have the most competent people possible, you know, and if that means every air traffic controller is a person of color, or is a woman, or is white, or is this or is that it just needs to be the most qualified.
Speaker 7: Person, absolutely, Daniel hulf percent right. Really the important thing here is safety, and that's I don't think anybody cares about the race. People just want to be safe when they're flying.
Speaker 2: Amen to that. Well, Hey, thank you keep up the great work and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you so much, Dan, Thanks for having.
Speaker 2: Me take care of that is a grady block fascinating. Just can't wait to dive into those pleadings. He just can't anywhere in America. You can't be hiring based on race. It's just fundamentally un American and crazy. And this guy led the way he hit it right.
Speaker 1: I have a.
Speaker 5: Dream my poor little children.
Speaker 4: One day live in a nation where they will not be judged.
Speaker 5: By the color of masks skin, but by the content of that character.
Speaker 7: I have a dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about Merrick, right, that was at the core of Doctor King. So how now do you have you know, the Joe Biden's and the John Hickenloopers and the Michael Bennett's and the Jared Poulis's and the Al Sharptons out there saying, oh no, it can't be about Merit can't be about merit. It has to be about what color you happen to be born?
Speaker 5: Great text here to go to break with too, Dan asking the Dems hired eighty seven thousand IRS agents, but not enough air traffic controllers.
Speaker 2: Right right, And this next one, Dan Selena Gomez needs to be taken into custody and deported. She has renounced her citizenship, which she never should have had. No listen, No, I don't agree with any of that. Here's the point, and that was the crying Sabrina Selena Gomez we played.
Speaker 6: I just want to say that I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe I just love to get around and have the conversation. Where does that come from? Okay, where does that come from? Where does it come from, whether it's Selena Gomez or John hicken Luberg, Jared Poulis and Mike Johnston or any of them. Where you put the rights of somebody who's not only here illegally but then is committing other crimes, you put the protection of that person. I had, of the safety of Americans. You put the protection of that person I had, the safety of women, I had, of the safety of everybody, including I had of the safety of other people here at Lee Because you got two different kinds of people here illegally, right, You got those here illegally you shouldn't make, shouldn't have come illegally, but they're here illegally, but they're not committing any other crimes. And then you've got those here illegally who are committing other crimes and often commit those other crimes against other people here illegally.
Speaker 4: So is this.
Speaker 2: How can any thinking person say the thing she's thinking and saying? It just shows you you don't care about innocent victims. You put criminals committing criminal acts on a pedestal, and you don't even care about people here illegally who aren't committing other crimes. I mean, this is like utter madness. You're on the Dan Kaplas Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dankaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Then understand Seleena Gomez brought to tears by the thought of criminals people who have actually committed criminal offenses after being illegally but separately committed criminal offenses, now being deported brings her to tears. Remarkable, Why not the tears for the innocent people who are the victims of these criminals. But hey, I want to get onto this Philly crash. I'm getting a bunch of text this one though, Dan, I think we're winning too much, too fast for human brains to keep up with. But then on the crash with multiple textures saying, no, Dan, it's not a small plane, et cetera. It's not a single engine plane. It's this or that. The sourcing that I rely on in fast breaking stories like this, and it's not perfect. I've just found it to be probably the most reliable in quick breaking stories are the local media. So here I go to the Philadelphia and Choir, for example, and they're reporting, they're quoting the governor, they're quoting Federman, et cetera. And then the FAA reporting is two people on board. We have texters saying two pilots, two doctors, one patient on board, and air ambulance, and that may turn out to be true. I'm not saying a Texter is wrong. I'm just saying the reporting right now in the Philadelphia Enquirer is two people on board and a lear Jet fifty five, which CNN is describing as a mid size jet, and that might explain the size of the fireball. When the initial reporting was a small single engine aircraft, then my assumption was the fireball was probably caused by whatever it's struck on the ground. But if you've got a SCNN says a mid size jet, then at that point and shortly after takeoffs, so there's going to be a lot of fuel on board, that might explain that the amount of damage done on the ground. But at this point, at least FAA is saying two people on board and at this point jet confirmed as a lyric Jet fifty five shortly takeoff. I don't know, it may turn out to be confirmed later that it's an air ambulance with more people, etc. But we'll keep you posted as we get news on that tragedy we did have if you weren't with us. Congressman gave Evans with us earlier so impressive as a former black Hawk helicopter pilot in the military. As he provided, he took us inside the cockpit of a black Hawk, and he did a great job of explaining the very limited vision available to those pilots because they'd have their night vision goggles on as part of the training, and so compared to you and me looking up, looking down, looking sideways, they'd have a very very limited vision. He described it as a tunnel like as you can picture these two tunnels protruding from each eye on the night vision goggles, and so very really helped understand that. So obviously the question was, well, why are they wearing stuff like that and why are they doing that kind of training in the middle of three major airports. The Congressman pointed out that no, that is done on purpose, because these pilots have to have the highest level of airmanship, and so they have to train under the most demanding conditions. And the Congressman was making the point that so much of this training goes on for so many years without any kind of mishappen and he emphasized obviously that this is a horrible tragedy, but it was just great to have that perspective from inside the cockpit. Let's go to the phone lines. Talk to Rosio. You're on the Dan Kaplis show. Welcome Rosio. Well, long time, long talk.
Speaker 4: I like to say that this was coming long ago.
Speaker 2: Remember in the nineteen nineties when they were talking about doing the trophies.
Speaker 3: For everyone ordeal, Well, they enrolled that into the.
Speaker 5: DEI, and that's why we're seeing well people getting picked.
Speaker 2: Fascinating point, Razio, and thank you for that. Listen, this lowering of standards which is largely the fault of the left in America, and I understand people tie it to DEI conversation. Hey, we just had somebody on from Mountain States Legal in a class action representing a thousand people who are saying we were qualified to be air traffic controllers and we didn't get the job because we were white pursuing to Obama policies. So you know, those are legitimate questions that have to be answered. This is America. Nobody should be discriminated against in a job search because of the color of their skin. But going beyond these very important issues of racial discrimination, we have a lowering of standards in America, and I believe the Left has been primarily responsible for that in multiple different ways. We need to be having that broader conversation because America has always been about we prided ourselves on excellence. We prided ourselves on being great and cutting edge, and whether we're a janitor or whether we're a CEO, you know we are. We're Americans. We're going to be the best, and the Left in so many different ways has been tearing that down because the left doesn't want America to be a great country. Right here, listen to this. This is Barack Obama, the same guy who's at issue and the Air Traffic Controller lawsuit.
Speaker 7: No world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another will succeed, No balance of power among nations will hold.
Speaker 2: So Obama said it to the United Nations. He didn't want America to be better than any other nation. No, we are, and that's who we were meant to be. And so, whether it's through the mass legalization of drugs, whether it's through all this other stuff the left's doing, they've just been trying to make us mush lower our standards. No, we're Americans. We've we've got cross party lines. We've got to be elevating standards. Excellence has to be the again, and so we'll talk some more Monday about how to do that in other ways. Also, Ryan, thank you for all your great work. Alexa. Great to have and always so nice to see you. You are one tough Umbras. Join us Monday on the Dan Kaplas Show.