Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's not Bill Handle. I'm flattered.
Speaker 2: KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Good Morgan, everyone, Neil Savedra in the seat today, Happy to be with you. Bill Handle will be back on Monday. He may even call in today or tomorrow. I think as he should be. I'm coming back soon and we look forward to that. It's nice to have the family here. We got Amy and Ann and Kono and Will. But it's nice when the whole family is together, right when Papa's here, belching and eating while on the air. No one misses that I do. It's comforting for me. It's comforting. Amy King, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great?
Speaker 1: Thanks, Wiggle wagglewalk this weekend.
Speaker 3: YEP coming up in just four days.
Speaker 2: I saw Amy in the hallwayting practicing her wiggle, her waggle and her walk.
Speaker 3: It's really weird to watch.
Speaker 1: It's coming together. It's coming together. I think still working on it.
Speaker 2: I think Will and Kono got your beat, but it's getting there, and that's what's important.
Speaker 1: Are you excited.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. Our team is up. I think we've got about thirty people walking with us. We're getting closer to our goal. We're not there yet. We want ten thousand dollars to raise for Pasadena Humane and hopefully you can find it in your heart to donate five bucks or fifty bucks, or ten bucks or twenty bucks or a thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 4: Anything you can donate to help would be great, and of course we'd love for you to join us. You can sign up for the walk kfiam six forty dot com slash wiggle.
Speaker 1: I still haven't donated. How do we do that?
Speaker 4: Kfi am six forty dot com wiggle And there's a big old donate now button on the page. Wiggle very easy to do, very easy.
Speaker 1: Wiggle is menace? Joining you from the Woody Show.
Speaker 3: I think he's done enough walking.
Speaker 1: He loves he loves it.
Speaker 4: Well, we should call him and see if he'll come on down. I mean he walked to Disneyland. Is it yesterday or the day before the day before day, It's already been two days already.
Speaker 2: For with like five cameras strapped to his head. Yeah, so you could watch it live, which I did.
Speaker 3: Did he pick his nose?
Speaker 1: He did not. He huffed and he puffed on occasion.
Speaker 3: But he looked at thirty miles in one day.
Speaker 1: He looked better than I would have. I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I don't want cameras strapped to my face all day. It's not a It's not a great look for anybody.
Speaker 1: I don't think. Cono. How you doing, buddy.
Speaker 2: You're feeling good, You're feeling strong, all those things, all those things. You went to a concert the other night and stayed out like way past your bedtime on a school night.
Speaker 1: What was the concert?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: It was so I'm a product of the two thousands Emao era and it was a band called Chotos twenty year anniversary. Wow. Yeah, and it was worth it. The Pladium. I like the Palladium. I do like the Pladium as well. I don't like getting home at one am when I'm up at three am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that kind of But I will tell you, total pro you didn't look tired, you didn't act tired. You didn't bitch and complain at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not really in my blood. No, you came, you did your job. You did it with a smile. Trust me.
Speaker 2: I tried to knock it off your face a couple of times. You know that I love you. That's how I show love.
Speaker 1: Dummy. Where's Will Well? You doing all right, buddy, I'm hanging okay. I'm as young as Conin. I don't think I could pull that off. I'm sorry I scared you this morning. Yeah, I have a I had to go do some maintenance after that thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I noticed you were in a nude pair of shorts.
Speaker 1: Good for you. I don't know what you scary. See, that's funny to me. Back to the door, that's that room. I get it. If I saw you coming, I wouldn't be scared.
Speaker 2: And I think Amy on wake up Call this morning was talking to Brad Garrett. We'll talk to him as well, coming up a little bit later. I think the seven point thirty segment. But so you talked about people breaking into houses and stuff, and I sneak up behind Will and scare him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's fun to scare Will because he scares easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, because he doesn't do the mafia basics, which is, don't put your back to the door.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Wherever you sit in a public place, you face the door. You want to know who's coming in there at all times. Will good point, especially in this joint good point. All right, let's get started with handle on the news. Shall we lead story war?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, is the.
Speaker 2: World goes better a tariff war or trade war than anything else?
Speaker 1: I suppose.
Speaker 2: President Donald Trump yesterday in the Rose Garden reaching talking about these far reaching new tariffs on nearly all US trade partners. So thirty four percent tax on imports from China and twenty percent on the European Union, among others. This is being looked at, you know, the global economy and triggering broad trade wars and.
Speaker 1: Chaos everywhere.
Speaker 2: Imposing a ten percent baseline tax on imports from all countries in response to what the President refers to an economic emergency. And boy did he use some words holy smokes. Now, the United States has helped many places rebuild after World War Two, but he says, now our country has been looted, pillaged, raped, and plundered by other nations. So he says that our taxpayers have been ripped off for over for more than fifty years, and he's not gonna let it happen anymore.
Speaker 1: It says. He didn't specifically talk about Mexico or Canada, did he.
Speaker 4: Those tariffs are scheduled to go into effect next.
Speaker 3: Week, the rest of them the ninth or something on the ninth.
Speaker 4: Everything else is supposed to go in go into effect on the fifth. So in Canada, I was watching an interview I think Ontario, the head of Ontario, and he said, we're ready to cut all the tariffs right now. We don't want this. But whether they can do that, because I think that Trump has said that's his ultimate goal is to get everybody to drop tariffs against us, and then we wouldn't impose them on then whether that happens or, like you said, we get a trade war remains to be seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be nice if we could at least cut I mean, it's a win if we cut even some of them, you know, if we can, if we can bring some balance. The fact is America is constantly looked to as everybody's tee. That's the reality. And to be able to put some balance and that is not a bad thing, even though our president is boorish to say the least.
Speaker 4: Think Yeah, not all Republicans are on board with the president. A group of Senate Republicans broke with Trump and helped pass a resolution to block tariffs on Canadian products. The Senate voted fifty one to forty eight in favor of a Democratic laid led measure to revoke Trump's Canadian tariffs. The resolution is not expected to go anywhere in the House, but it was seen as a big gesture because four Republicans broke with the president.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not I know handle is very much like, oh, they're in lockstep whatever he says. I don't know that we've seen that across the board, although you do.
Speaker 1: See it in sight.
Speaker 2: I will give you that there are people that are just sickophantic when it comes to Trump. There are only polar opposites when it comes to Trump. There is no middle ground.
Speaker 1: Trust me.
Speaker 2: Every time I try and find middle brown and look.
Speaker 3: At things, it's doesn't end well.
Speaker 2: No, everybody thinks you're this or that. Never voted for the guy, not a fan of the guy, but he sits in that seat. And I do not believe ever vote, you know, betting against yourself. We should always want success, the best for the country, no matter who's in there. So fingers still deeply crossed.
Speaker 3: Now, futures are down twelve hundred and fifty five points.
Speaker 2: Oh god, ay, just saying, just trying to bring some balance to the force.
Speaker 1: She sh all right.
Speaker 2: State the Secretary of State, Marco Little Marco Rubio, traveled to Brussels on Thursday. This is a gathering of NATO Foreign Ministry. There's a lot of anxiety over the Trump administration and the approach to Europe, including the war in Ukraine, relations with Russia, President Trump's you know, growing trade war, and you look at this and it looks like so far as kind of a good thing. NATO officials welcome the chance to chat with mister Rubio. Some see him as the most pro alliance member of Trump's national security team, so maybe this is a good thing. I will tell you. Just coming back from Europe, I can feel the tension.
Speaker 3: There were people mean to you.
Speaker 1: No, they know.
Speaker 2: People were quite lovely in London, they were lovely. In Italy they were lovely. But at the airports you could feel the security even called out a couple of times. You know, I could tell you're American. We do things different here. When we were in the actual countries, it was a little different. But you one, my wife and my boy could look anything.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm a Mexican half breed who reads white, especially now that my beard is gray and everything else. However, I'm often mistaken for French, so we remissure, yeah, and things like that. But so it's not and people talk to us in different languages, and that's how I gauge as to what they think we are, is what their first language they start with on us. That's so I'm not just guessing. But you know, I got a little brown boy and a little brown wife mean Morena, and it was interesting and you could feel the energy that I noticed that I haven't noticed previously. When I'm gone to Europe, I'll put it out way.
Speaker 3: I'll have to report back on you to you on that. When are you going next month?
Speaker 1: Where are you going?
Speaker 3: Parish, Beatty, I've never been.
Speaker 2: I hear it's lovely, that's what I hear. I really love Paris. I hear there's still some French left there. Really Yeah, phew, I hope so yeah, but it's quite lovely, all right.
Speaker 4: Icing ice California State Superintendent Tony Thurman announced that he's going to present a bill to try to keep ICE agents off school campuses and out of churches. Under President Trump's Executive Order ICE is allowed to target migrants in schools and churches to be arrested and possibly deportation. The bill, Senate Bill forty eight, will address safety concerns, according to Thurman of Immigrant Families, and protect school funding that's projected to decline in some parts of the state because they say attendance is to go down as illegal immigrants stay out of school because they're afraid of deportation.
Speaker 1: And you know what happens when attendance goes down.
Speaker 3: They lose money.
Speaker 4: Yes, So he said this will help preserve Dallas if they can get it. So he's introducing this bill in state.
Speaker 2: And correct me if I'm wrong. But that's new. That executive order obviously was something new previously. You can go into churches and schools, you know.
Speaker 3: I was reading up on that yesterday.
Speaker 4: I think initially you couldn't, but then I think he signed another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I thought, all right? State Farm yay, I love. I am so baffled by insurance companies. I don't like the whole thing. I get it on one hand, and then the other hand, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, what a racket.
Speaker 2: So State Farm General, California's largest insure has filed a thirty nine percent rate hike for its California Personal Liability Umbrella program. Now, I think that's a second dairy insurance, right, the umbrella programs.
Speaker 1: Are you get that inbility?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's to really cover your ass across the board. That provides additional coverage for all kinds of situations and serious auto accidents, damage to other person's property, that type thing. So the California Department of Insurance needs to improve this because we have checks and balances, right, they need to approve the rate hike and it would go into effect August first should they approve it. But they just simply said, hey, their personal liability costs have risen dramatically across the industry due to more accidents and escalating medical bills. So we keep pushing this stuff rather than finding ways to bring down medical bills, to bring down accidents, to you know, to try and mitigate that instead of just the money, and then we continue. It's going to run out at some point you just won't be able to afford insurance that is supposed to help you be able to afford accidents or mishaps or issues.
Speaker 4: They're saying that one in seven households now do not have insurance.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's the scariest thought in the world to me, to not have, you know, insurance of any kind. And I don't even feel like we're very well protected even if you have it. I mean that umbrella. That's a luxury to have a secondary insurance like that that over covers above and beyond.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Three months after the fires, the death toll from the Eaten fire in Altadena is up to eighteen. That's because there was a special operation response team. They found human remains. They confirmed that it was human remains found on Boston Street yesterday. The La County Office of Medicle Examiner has confirmed it and they said that they don't know who it is yet. It's going to take a while to figure that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder what you know that weird phenomenon that goes on in fires where you see trees still standing and stuff like that and everything else is burned around them. Not to be macabre, but I am curious as to what is left on a human being under those circumstances that just teeth are there, you know. Yeah, I'd be curious as how they go about doing that.
Speaker 3: And I'm curious as too. I'm googling it.
Speaker 4: I'm curious as to how many people are still missing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because I know those numbers come, you know, pretty rapid fire. When during the fires they're saying, hey, we're still looking for X, Y and Z. But then it kind of dissipates. You don't hear much about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, initially there were a couple of dozen people, but we don't know if everybody else has been accounted for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be curious about that number two. All right.
Speaker 2: The Supreme Court appeared divided yesterday a case of whether states should be able to cut off Medicaid funding the Planned Parenthood, which comes in amid a wider push from abortion opponents to defund the nation's largest abortion provider. So you know, low income patients go there for different things, not just abortions, conception cancer screening, pregnancy testing. And now if you have the court side with South Carolina leaders who say no public money should go to the organization, that could cost some havoc with some folks. What is the reason just because Planned Parenthood is seen as the enemy or or that they well, I was going to say due abortions, but it would be data abortions at this point, right, So I'm not sure why that's being pushed.
Speaker 4: All right, TikTok time's running out and swooping in with an offer. Is apparently Amazon making a bid to buy TikTok, which will be banned in the US on April fifth if a US company doesn't buy it from China. Frank McCourt, the founder of Project Liberty and executive chairman of the McCourt Global, has announced also that it is organizing a bid to acquire TikTok.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Amazon gets it, if they're going to start putting commercials in between the short little tiktoks.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but maybe you'll get a discount with your Prime membership.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what, I do have Prime membership and they still have commercials when I'm watching Reacher. Heck, by the way side, note, Yeah, that guy's a specimen.
Speaker 4: Oh I've watched like one episode. It's on my list, and I was like, I'll watch it just to watch him.
Speaker 2: I me too, Me too, What a specimen that man is. Holy crud. I want to have a beer with him, and I want him to like me, and I want him to pat me on the shoulder and I'll go and then i'd go. I'm trying to pretend like it didn't hurt. Oh did I kind of lose focus?
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back.
Speaker 2: Me and Mar's ruling military declared a temporary cease fire in the country's civil war just yesterday facilitate relief efforts, obviously, after the seven point seven magnitude earthquake killed more than three thousand people.
Speaker 1: Massive.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is as a beautiful part of the world, but there is a lot of poverty as well in those areas.
Speaker 1: I've been to Me and Mar bizarre circumstances.
Speaker 2: I was in Thailand and you the what is it the Golden Triangle there where they three come together as a Laos and Me and Mar and Thailand. And we crossed the border into Me and Mar, and there was literally a guy in a uniform but kind of like it was untucked in one part and the hat was a little not jaunty, but a little askew, and he had what can only be described as a four inch Madagascar hissing cockroach who was massive on a thread and it kept flying up, you know, ten inches b and then landing back. And he was the border guy that we had to show our passports too.
Speaker 1: And all of that.
Speaker 2: It was a bizarre circumstance. I don't think it was the best part of you know, to see of me and Mark, but I think they had monkey skulls for sale sale and a lot of fake coach bags. So that was my experience. But it is a beautiful country. Just a lot going on there. So it was a surprise announcement to have the military terry leaders come out. You've got the unelected government there as well, and they said the halt to fighting would run until April twenty two. And this is to just show compassion, which you know, it's a good start.
Speaker 4: A isn't all it's cracked up to be. Medical experts well done, are saying they've got a new worry about the measles outbreak that originated in West Texas. Almost everyone getting sick has two things in common, their kids, and they're unvaccinated. Well now, doctors say that some parents are trying to protect their kids by giving them vitamin A and they're giving them two more much. Doctor say you can overdose on vitamin A. And they're beginning to see cases of kids with vitamin A toxic toxicity and even liver damage. And of course this has been pushed by Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior and other vaccine skeptics who have promoted the use of vitamin A to prevent death from measles.
Speaker 2: And this is based on a bad study and misinterpreted study and all of this. And I think we talked to doctor Jim Keeney or handle did some weeks back, and one of the best things you can learn about anything food, vitamins and all of that stuff is toxicity is in the dose. And even things that are good for you can become bad for you in the dosage. I mean, there are people that have literally died from drinking too much water. So these types of things I'm all often lord By. I think most vitamins, like a daily vitamin give you very expensive PA.
Speaker 1: I don't think they do a whole lot. I'm not a doctor.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that I go and only take any supplements or vitamins that my doctor prescribes for me, Vitamin D things like that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's s I can get one more in here.
Speaker 2: California man will plead guilty to trying to assassinate Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Cavanaugh who just wants to have a beer. This was at his home in suburban Washington, d C. Nicholas John Roski of Semi Valley local guy was arrested near Cavanaugh's home back in June of twenty twenty two. He was armed with a gun, a knife, cheese that's scary, and carrying zip ties and was dressed in black when he arrived in the neighborhood by way of just after one am. Ruski is Roske. Roski, who was twenty six when he was arrested and tends to plead guilty to attempting to murder a justice of the United States without reaching a plea agreement with federal prosecutors.
Speaker 1: That's according to his lawyers. We'll see, all right.
Speaker 4: Increasing security Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyah who says Israel is setting up a new security corridor across the Gaza Strip to pressure Hamas. It's suggesting that it would cut off the southern city of Rafa from the rest of the Palestinian territory. This comes after Nettagna, who's defense minister, said Israel would be seizing large areas of Gaza and adding them to its so called security zone. Now, Israel's vowed to escalate the nearly eighteen month long war with Hamas until the militant group agrees to return dozens of remaining hostages, disarms and leaves gods a strip.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, big ask.
Speaker 2: A judge dismissed a corruption indictment against Mayor Eric Adams of New York just yesterday after a bit controversial is kind of a light word here, pushed by the Justice Department to terminate the case while denying a request by federal officials for the option of reinstating the charges, could appear that Adams was beholden to the government demands that type of thing. US District Court Judge dale Hoe wrote that the timing of this case is entirely consistent with prior public corruption prosecutions, and that the judge is the Justice Department's appearance of impropriety rationale is just is not just thin, but pretextual.
Speaker 1: I love that word.
Speaker 4: A lot of star power at this sex assault party. The guy accusing didty Sean Combs of sexual assault claims in a new lawsuit that he was paraded around Ditty's home while being made to wear a penis mask and he ran into Beyonce, jay Z, Lebron James and other celebrities.
Speaker 1: That's embarrassing as well.
Speaker 4: The guy who's accusing Didty of sexual assaults says he was drugged and taken to a home on Star Island in Miami.
Speaker 3: That the home was owned by Gloria and Emilio Estefan.
Speaker 4: And the guy says he briefly saw Lebron James walking in a hallway and says that Lebron James said, y'all better do something about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can't have that. Well, you know what.
Speaker 2: He had an encounter with jay Z and Beyonce apparently as well his claims, The latter of whom expressed confusion, asked why a half naked man with a sexual strapped to his face was standing in front of her.
Speaker 1: I think that's a legit question.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's to be drugged and then paraded around like this, and then it sounds like sexually assaulted as well.
Speaker 1: I'll be curious where this goes.
Speaker 2: It kind of was like big news all over the place, and it's sort of drifted behind. I know, we have a year seventy three days into a new presidency or whatever it is, and that's kind of taken everybody's attention. But that story I still think has way more to it that we haven't heard or found out about yet. Supreme Court ruled unanimously yesterday that the Food and Drug Administration properly rejected applications to market fruit and dessert flavored liquids for you know, e cigarettes and vaping and all that stuff. The agency says they're very popular with young people and risk them getting hooked on nicotine. So Justice Samuel A. Alito Junior, who authored the opinion, wrote, the FDA rejection of the applications was sufficiently consistent with the guidance that has been given to companies seeking to win approvable for these types of products, which basically means, listen, we told you before stop. I mean they look the packaging looks like you know, they're packaging to kids. You've got names like Jimmy the Juice Man, Peachy Strawberry Suicide, Bunny Mother's Milk, and cookies, iced lemonade, what happened to Marlborough and just the normal names for cancer sticks.
Speaker 4: Sex Ed is under scrutiny in California. Trump administration's reviewing curriculum of a sex ed program in California. It says, for me, medical accuracy and age appropriateness. California was asked last week to submit all of its educational materials from its federally funded Personal Responsibility Education program to the Administration for Children and Families at the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Speaker 3: It's a mouthful.
Speaker 4: HHS provides seventy five million dollars in annual funding to prep programs across the country. LGBTQ advocates say they are worried that this is going to censor queer and transgender sexual health information. George Riyaz Salinas is a spokesman spokesperson for LGBTQ plus civil rights organization in Quality, California, and he said this is not about curriculum transparency. It's about censorship, plain and simple.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: A reminder Tomorrow the Dodgers are taking on the Phillies in Philadelphia, with first pitch at three forty five pm. Listen to every Dodgers game on ABA seven e LA Sports Live from the Galpin Mortars Broadcast booth, and stream all the games in HD on the iHeartRadio app. Keyword Am five seventy LA sports, Hey quickly what I invite you to hang out with me on social media. You can find me at fork Reporter at fork Reporter on just about everything, but I'm on Instagram the most. Try to post things that will give you a laugh during the day and take your mind off crud. And those of you who like arts or making things or three D printy or any of that stuff. I have started a new one and that is under Savco Industries saa v COO Industries on Instagram, and it's more of the stuff that I do outside of radio, art, illustration, design, building.
Speaker 1: Things would work, web.
Speaker 2: Dancing, dancing, little soft shoe, that type of thing, a little step shuffle, ball change which used to make me giggle all the time where I watch my mom and tap dance class.
Speaker 1: Why ball change?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Come on, Amy, think like a six year old boy like Kono. Neil Sevader behind the mic. Bill Handle will be back on Monday. This is KFI and heard everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.