Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Later with mo Kelly. We're live on YouTube, Instagram, and the iHeartRadio app. And I don't know if anyone has seen Lel and Stitch. I asked that because it's the number one movie again for the second week, and it's already eclipsed six hundred and thirteen million dollars in two weeks. As a person who appreciates movies and appreciates movie theaters, that is great news for movie theaters. And if you don't know, that means that movie is going to do well for an extended period of time in theaters, and it's going to bring in business seven days a week, not just weekends, and so people are gonna have butts and seats throughout the week for many weeks that conceivably could be in theaters I don't know, seven or eight weeks, which is very uncommon these days. You have a movie like Sinners, which came in at number six this week, brought in another five point two million, and it's totals three hundred and fifty million now in its seventh seventh week in theaters. Still in more than twenty one hundred theaters. That's good for movie theaters. That's what you want in it. Excuse me. In a healthy box office season, you want movies to perform well and linger longer in theaters. Now, I don't know if this is good news or bad news, but coming in at number three this week is Karate Kid Legends. It's good for it because it brought in forty six million worldwide.
Speaker 3: I think his budget was maybe forty five million.
Speaker 2: I think it made all of its budget back, not including marketing and promotion in its first week, and given what I actually saw in the movie, I'm very surprised. I would be interested to see tuala how much of a drop off it has in its first to second week because of word of mouth when word gets out about the movie, and I don't think it's going to play well.
Speaker 3: It was trashed by critics fans.
Speaker 2: Younger fans appreciate it, but the older fans who are there for the nostalgia are going to be greatly disappointed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was a weird one because even today at the score work at several people said they like it. They were asking me if I saw it. I'm like, no, I have no interest in going to a theater to see and they're like, oh, man, you should is really good and I'm like, no, wow, you use the word phrasing really.
Speaker 2: Yeah in front of good. I think this is one of those Jonathan Michael B Jordan Creed three movies where if you're a fan of the actor in this case, I would say Jackie Chan, then you may like the movie. If you're a fan of the Karate Kid franchise, I don't think you'll like the movie. I mean if you are doing it with knowledge of the ones which came before, which were all better, and this is a pale copy and Daniel LaRusso is only in the last third of the movie, I don't see how people could like it. But you know, that's why we have different opinions. People are gonna go to a movie and come away with it with different things. I'm gonna see whether it has any legs and whether my word of mouth is the predominant word of mouth or someone else's.
Speaker 3: And I'm not rooting against the movie.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I was eagerly anticipating it and severely disappointed in it. As far as what it actually was. It was a wasted opportunity. From what I could tell, it did not build on Cobra Kai. It ignored Cobra Kai. And you know, you have Jackie Chan in there, but you don't really connect back to the twenty ten Karate Kid.
Speaker 4: So it was wasted connectivity all around.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any real connectivity at all other than flashbacks which they show you, which to me is a lazy way of showing, you know, connectivity.
Speaker 3: And correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: But Ralph Macha because he seeing all of the trailers, Daniel San is not in this film until about.
Speaker 3: The third act. Absolutely no exaggeration, that's absolutely weird.
Speaker 4: He is swear every trailer, every everything you see about it. It's all Biaggi, Daniel and this kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would swear that he was a principal player in the plot.
Speaker 3: He is not. He's an afterthought.
Speaker 2: He is a solution to what they see as a problem, and they bring him in to solve the problem relatively near the end. So you know, for me, I wanted more. I expect more. I hoped for more. I didn't get more. But as we go down the list, just in case I didn't mention it, but Mission Impossible came in number two this week. Not surprisingly, it now is up to three hundred and fifty three million. I think it was a fitting send off, and fans are receiving it as such. That's someone a movie I do want to see again multiple times. Because there were a lot of things in their Easter eggs which were meant for people who had either seen all seven prior movies and seen them recently that you might appreciate, because there was a lot where they tied it into the previous movies, and they basically said every movie mattered coming up to this eighth and final one, every single one on different levels, but every single one. And in the previous seven you had different threads, you had different storylines, some would connect. But this last movie, all of the movies have a role to play in this final movie. And I don't want to give it away because there's some reveals and some character retcons and story retcons which were pretty pretty ingenious.
Speaker 3: I didn't mark. You saw it right, Yeah, it's great fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see the previous seven recently?
Speaker 3: To prepare you? Did you go in cold?
Speaker 5: I went in cold, but I had a fairly decent memory of them, and like I mentioned before, I wasn't crazy about the first three, but then they started getting good when McCrory took over as director.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would not be mad if there were some more mission impossibles. Maybe not with Tom Cruise. I would like to see the franchise continue in the way they continue with James Bond. Maybe they'd take it a different direction. I yes, you're supposed to leave the audience wanting more, but I actually did want more, and I know we're not going to get more, at least not with Tom Cruise.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd watch more. And you got to remember that in the original show they changed up their cast.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 5: I mean, Peter Graves wasn't always the mastermind in the first series. It was Dan Briggs was the name of the character, and in fact, this show was originally I think the title was supposed to be Briggs's Squad or something like that. So as long as the format's the same and they go on their impossible missions, you can change up the cast. They did not, and this is not really a spoiler, but I will say they did not set it up where there was an obvious passing of the baton to a younger character or who was an up and comer.
Speaker 3: They didn't do that.
Speaker 4: They squandered the passing of the baton that they were supposed to do with with Hawkeye with Jeremy Renner. Jeremy Renner was going to be the heir apparent, but then they said nah, audiences didn't respond and they didn't like him as much as they we needed for a lead.
Speaker 2: And that also happened with the born identity he is in for like one movie is like he's maybe he's not that type of action star where people buy into it. I mean, I don't mind him as an actor, but he was just a supporting role in Mission Impossible. I never saw him as a future leading man for that franchise, but I still would like to see more from it.
Speaker 3: I would like to visit it.
Speaker 5: The thing about the original the TV show, and I understand that the movies are not the shows, but I like the fact that we don't know anything about the characters in that and there's no explanation for changing Briggs to Phelps. I like that they just focus on the mission and the characters are their interior lives, their personal lives. Those are complete secret from us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and every once in a while they'll reveal a little something, they'll give you a little flashback to let you know about this, that or the other. But by and large, we don't know anything about Ethan Hunt.
Speaker 3: No, and I don't want to. That's not necessary in this kind of story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even when he got married, we knew nothing about the time when he was married. Like, even that was kindlake frauls I was like, wait, what, you're married? And he kept that very close to the vest. As all, we don't know anything about Luther, we know nothing about Benji, we know nothing about anyone on the squad.
Speaker 2: They made it very a general statement when they came to the Impossible Mission Force. They were all aspiring criminals on some level, and they were given a choice. See, they could you know, go to prison for the rest of their life, or they could join IMF.
Speaker 3: That's all we really know.
Speaker 5: And since you just rewatched the very first one, what they did was they did a kind of a spin on the we will disavalue. That was the staple of every TV episode. We finally see a mission that fails and they get disavowed right well.
Speaker 2: Not only that, I mean Ethan Hunt got disavowed in various ways and forms throughout the series. And you know, I can think of at least four movies in which he was disavowed.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to get disavowed.
Speaker 2: Now, and you would think of a certain point, it's like Ethan. They don't they're not into you, they don't want you. They keep trying to throw you away, and they keep betraying you, and he keeps on coming back for more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not going to get an interview with Eddie Murphy. He had to go there. I had to go day five waiting for Eddie. It's Later with mo Kelly I AM six forty. We're lived everywhere in the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 2: And when we come back, we're going to tell you about a seven year infection allegedly, but you won't believe how someone caught it allegedly.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 3: Forty KFI forty.
Speaker 2: It is Later with mo Kelly live on YouTube, Instagram and the iHeartRadio App. And relationships are an imperfect thing. Sometimes you have a bad breakup or you can have a bad fart in your face. They're not mutually exclusive. Wait what Yeah, Christine Connell, she's on TikTok. She's an influencer, so take it for what it's worth. But she since made her profile private, Otherwise I'd play the audio for you. But she's claimed that she's been battling in an infection for seven years because her boyfriend at the time no longer Her boyfriend farted in her face, that's what she's saying. She says it all goes back to an incident in a hotel room seven years ago. She spoke about how her ex boyfriend and how he got the ultimate breakup revenge on her a mobile and laying in bed, her boyfriend at the time farted terribly to the point where she couldn't breathe as a result of the stink. She was a mobile because she was nursing an ankle injury, as she says.
Speaker 3: She says that she's.
Speaker 2: Been dealing with a thick green snot and a fever, and her symptoms prompting her to have a number of tests and scans in an attempt to figure it out. Numerous medical professionals couldn't work out the cause of her infection, but she finally announced the results of the culture tests in this video, which is now no longer public saying it was E coli and if you don't know, you can catch E coli from poop and feces and if you don't wash your hands and that kind of thing. And I guess the fart was a little bit more than just a fart, yes, and.
Speaker 3: It ended up in her mouth.
Speaker 2: Infections, according to doctors, can take place when you ingest bacteria from poop that can contaminate food, drink surfaces, or not washing your hands thoroughly. Yeah, I said all that, yes, quote this is what she said. His butt was facing me and that is when the fart happened. Raw butt or underwear butt? Now, could you please use the proper terminology. This was a crop dusting incident.
Speaker 3: Crop so that's a raw. Sounds like a direct raw, but it seems like it's raw. It seemed like yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So all that matter got straight into her face and this probably this particulate matter on her lips and everything. She can probably taste some of it. Yeah, and it was really really bad, So I'm telling what was before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, as one of the worst that she smelled in her life. I can't personally. Yeah, well, yeah, I mean, her nose was basically right there. It could also have been a Dutch oven incident. You want to explain what a Dutch oven is for that?
Speaker 6: Do not?
Speaker 3: Actually no, okay, don't he like covers for the Dutch oven? Yeah? This so I thought was out in the open. Oh I see, Okay, she was.
Speaker 4: Laying there and he basically uh, positioned himself over her face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gave her one. Now are they still together? No? They are not. That much is clear. Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know this was the reason which led to the breakup, but it played a role from what it seems like the way she describes it probably didn't help because she described it as break up revenge. So it seems like she broke up with him and he got the last laugh because she's dealt with the Ecali science infection or something for the past seven.
Speaker 3: Years, the last two but like, yes, yes, yes, go ahead, come on.
Speaker 7: That sounds psychotic because she was had a swollen or broken ankle.
Speaker 2: Well, she is alleging that it was not intentional, but at the same time she blames him for her predicament.
Speaker 5: Wait, so this was like misery and she and she was hobbled and the guy just took advantage.
Speaker 3: That doesn't even make sense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because that that's I mean, when you're getting infection, that's you're right up in there.
Speaker 4: I mean, he didn't walk by in just absolute and she just was like sitting up and was like, oh, babe, can you give me some pop?
Speaker 2: Here's the quote quote his butt was facing me and that is when the fart happened though close quote though. She also said that it was not intention and that she was just in the path of the fart.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make sense, like a chemtrail. So like, is he on the wake I don't know, on the way to the shower, and she was bending down to like ten turned ankle. She looks up and says, hey, when you go to the rescue, can you give.
Speaker 2: Me some And and just I don't have a diagram because if she's laying in the bed, let's say she's on her back, yes, and her head is towards the headboard. I don't know how exactly his ass got to be in her face.
Speaker 5: We need some kind of forensic reenactment of this. I'm having trouble picturing now.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe maybe mark.
Speaker 4: She was laying aside ways on the bed, maybe she's laying sideways and one.
Speaker 2: Like she was facing the alarm clock and he just walked up to the clock or something and was.
Speaker 4: Kind of like maybe bent over to get something out the bottom drawer. It's not the alarm you were looking for her man accidentally facing her. I'm just trying to figure out how this could have been, trying to figure out anything and why it was so wet. You assume that it was wet. We can ascertain it was wet, but she did note it could have been dry flakes.
Speaker 2: It could have been dry flakes, It could have been just aromatic. We know that there was particulate matter in this because she ingested some of this. If you believe her and he is the reason for the E coli, I can say that.
Speaker 4: You know, as a dude, you get to a certain age you best not just trusted to be dry, You.
Speaker 3: Better not trusted.
Speaker 2: I was told you don't trust the fart after forty, you know, and you know that extends beyond fifty as well. But why are we blaming the victim here? She did not commit the act. She was the recipient of the act. Let's blame him. This could be believe woman in this case. I absolutely believe her.
Speaker 4: I believe that his grotesque naked buttock's self probably probably was tired of her. Whatever he felt in his mind, She's sitting here, her ankles all broke. We were supposed to go to the game, and now we can't. You know what I got for her, these inch alas I had last night.
Speaker 5: I wonder did he ever apologize? Of course he didn't. Of course he did. Is there any adequate apology for that? By the way, this would have made a fantastic episode of House?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, yeah, absolutely, So what is she in for?
Speaker 3: We need to do?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yet?
Speaker 4: Swabber eyes or nose or mouth?
Speaker 2: It's Later with mo Kelly Cay if I answer this forty life everywhere in the I Heart Radio at.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And as I said earlier in the show, this is going to be about Bill Maher. I don't watch Real Time with Bill Maher because he's just not my cup of tea. But every once in a while a clip of something he does comes across my desk or gets in the news, and it has me investigate. So this is what I want to talk about tonight, Bill Maher. First and foremost, he's a comedian. He is always going for the joke. He is also a provocateur, meaning he is also looking to make people feel uncomfortable. And that's fine because that's what he does. But it doesn't mean that he is above critique. On his Friday edition of Real Time with Bill Maher, in his New Rules segment, he touched upon the Ditty trial. You know, he made some jokes about Diddy and said he was a horrible guy. But not surprisingly, he pointed most of his ire at Cassie Ventura specifically, and female accusers more generally.
Speaker 3: In this post MeToo world. Here's just a snippet of it.
Speaker 6: I'm aware that it can be difficult to leave an abusive relationship. Most of what I watch on TV is the Lifetime channel. But but this should be society's new grand bargain. We take every accusation seriously, but don't tell me any more about your contemporaneous account that you said to two friends ten years ago. Tell the police right away, don't wait a decade, don't journal about it, don't turn it into a one woman show, and most importantly, don't keep fam.
Speaker 2: Bill Maher as exhibit a as to why women then and now are apprehensive about coming forward because what woman wishes to be both not believed and ridiculed, with her name and abuse serving us the punchline for comedians what woman. Bill Maher conveniently left out that Cassie Ventura did try to leave multiple times, once was even caught on tape. She was punched, kicked, and dragged back to her hotel room by her hair in broad daylight. The hotel security was bought off and the tape buried. That was just one beating which happened to be caught on video, and it still didn't matter even when it happened. Mar has since seen that video as you have, as I have, and it still didn't matter, and he still blames the victim.
Speaker 3: That's what she got for coming forward.
Speaker 2: Kid Cuddy's car was firebombed, Ventura's family was threatened allegedly, and Cassie's supposed to think that her life and her family's lives are not variables in how she comes forward or when she comes forward. Mar also conveniently leaves out that New York had to change the law for Ventura to come forward when she did in the form of the New York Adult Survivors Act. It was a confluence of events, the law, the surface video, the whole frickin' metob movement, and did he actually being remanded to prison and not out on bail for Cassie to testify because the same mother father who dragged her by her hair could have been a threat to her if he wasn't still in prison.
Speaker 3: But Bill doesn't want to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Bill wants us to make sure that he likens abuse and trapped women to a day watching the Lifetime channel.
Speaker 3: How was America supposed to.
Speaker 2: Take domestic violence claim seriously when mar himself and his platform use them as a punchline. Yes, the world has changed in the past ten years, no one can deny that. But you know who actually has not changed, Bill Maher. Here's just a sampling of the mar headlines which give you a sense of where Bill Maher keeps landing on these very same issues.
Speaker 3: Again, these are just the headlines. Quote.
Speaker 2: Bill Maher flat out believes Woody Allen amids sexual abuse allegations, slams actors who regret working with him.
Speaker 3: Bill Maher thinks Louis c.
Speaker 2: K should be welcomed back despite sexual misconduct charges. Real Time with Bill Maher sued over allegations of sexual harassment. Bill Maher under fire for nineteen ninety eight comments condoning sex between the thirty five year old woman and twelve year old boy, condoning Rose McGowan accuses Bill Maher of making sexual remark to her on his show. In the nineteen nineties, Bill Maher sued by Laura Lumer for one hundred and fifty million dollars over Donald Trump affair allegations.
Speaker 3: Do you notice the pattern? Do you?
Speaker 2: Because I sure as hell do men get the pass, women get the blame. Oh you didn't hear me. Men get the pass, Women get the blame. There is no equivocation between Diddy and Cassie none. There is only one person on trial, Sean Combs, and that trial isn't even on radio, TV or being streamed. The defense hasn't even started with their presentation. And here is Bill out here freelancing without even the pertinent facts which are not in dispute, and he is telling Cassie indirectly to stop effing him. Bill Maher is not on the side of women and he never will be, so he should be the last person we should listen to about what's best for women. He is why many women do not come forward dudes just like him. For KFI AM six forty, I'm Mokelly.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty