Speaker 1: Hey, what the fuck was that? Mike?
Speaker 2: Happy New Year and welcome to episode twelve of Relationships Is a Bitch. Relationships Is a Bitch is brought to you by the Gemini near Me app, the self love and Relationship Intelligence app inspired by relationships expert Irena Wood, who is with us today.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year, Arena.
Speaker 2: And we have yeah lifelong pal. Aj Ben's here with us as well.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's a man.
Speaker 1: He's healed, Yeah, very much, pretty much. Struggles over the holiday.
Speaker 4: No, it might have been it might have been COVID actually, because my wife had it and I ran into her Rockos basketball game for like five minutes. But she had tested the day after and it's positive. And I got sick two days later, and I didn't test myself till like the last day or two. And you know, on the second line, I don't know if how many COVID tests you're taken, but the second line means you're positive.
Speaker 3: The first line was bold, the second one was a little bit visible, So maybe I had it. By the time I tested myself it was gone.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, see that's the power of an X, Like you can just cross paths with an X. Basketball game and they just look at you and give you COVID.
Speaker 1: I know it shouldn't work. I mean, that's bullshit.
Speaker 3: That's basically all we did. Kind of wave.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, well I think if I stepped foot in the town that my ex wife lives in, yea, she had.
Speaker 1: COVID, I would I would, I would get COVID.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's amazing what they can do. They're all witches. Arena, are you a witch?
Speaker 5: That's what women are born to be. But we inherited from the ansectors. It's not us who choose, you know. They say, call it it's a transformational disease. If you took it, take it twicely. It can teach you a lot because it really gives you an opportunity to appreciate life because you can't move, can't can't feel, can do anything? Yes, right, and you really rethink your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Okay, well, guys, we all think the start of twenty twenty five is an excellent time to fall in love with yourself. So give it a try. And the way to give it a try is to give the Gemini near Me app a try, and you can find it in any of the app store stores.
Speaker 6: So and playmarket, Mike.
Speaker 5: We're available for Android users as well, and our ads are saying that even Android users love us more for some reason.
Speaker 1: Really, Android users love you more. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I have Apple use it, but still Android us.
Speaker 2: Your husband is the last person on Earth I know that is still using.
Speaker 3: Android phone people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people who are loyal to Android. That's forever love, That's it forever.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 5: I switched from Nokia to Apple, and like, I can't spend with Android an hour. Believe me, it's a different arena.
Speaker 6: I get irritated. It's not my thing at all.
Speaker 1: Really, it's New Year's Eve for us.
Speaker 2: For a lot of people, you're probably listening to this on New Year's Day or maybe even a day or two, a day or two after that. But for me, twenty twenty four was the shittiest year of my life. And I am so happy to see it go bye bye. So I will celebrate heart at midnight tonight, and we'll talk about the year twenty twenty four throughout this episode, and you know, follow a little bit less ringently than we normally do our segments here.
Speaker 4: I got to tell you, though, I was with you a lot in twenty twenty four actually not really, but we were together in Florida, but it was like every month there was another thing on your head, another thing on your plate that was that was going to level you. But you just kept you kept on going, and you got through it. And I know Irina was a big help. Of course, you guys, thank you, Okay, so she was.
Speaker 2: And at really the darkest the darkest time was end of August early September.
Speaker 5: But like Mike, not to interrupt you, but twenty twenty four, if you think, even numerologically makes eight, and it's your number. For both of you, you have a life past number eight and eight. It's always about karma. At the beginning of the year, I said to all my clients who asked me about it, that it could be a year of challenging moments and separations because everybody who is not united and strong enough to be together, a lot of couples God separated. And yes, you went through a lot of changes, but you both guys and AJ and you Mike, changed places of living. You embraced a new home, which is one of the most important things for a person, for human and for a man. Also, I think that matters. You know, your pain brought you.
Speaker 4: To gain also, yeah, absolutely, Look, whenever thing's happened with our children, they can't be anything worse in the world. On top of that, moving another high stress situation. You know, there's we just you got you got plunked a bunch of times, and I would have to say you finished the year fine, but there was a there was a period there where I just couldn't believe with you you were taken on.
Speaker 2: So it's definitely, like I said, definitely the toughest one that I've had of my sixty two. So hopefully starting at midnight tonight where we will up and really the last two months.
Speaker 1: Of the year actually have been have been great.
Speaker 3: Yeah good.
Speaker 2: You know, we turned the corner with my son, which is fabulous, and my wife and I are doing well and getting used to life here in Florida and Jupiter and and liking it and and so uh, you know, things are things are looking up. And that's why I'm I'm bullish on twenty five and very very happy to see twenty.
Speaker 3: Four go by.
Speaker 2: But first we got to talk about Christmas of twenty four a little bit.
Speaker 1: Let's let's just take a look back.
Speaker 2: Last time we got together, we talked about some of these crazy gifts that were out there that that people were buying and stuff like that, and so, you know, let's let's talk about some of the gifts that maybe were the best ones we received or maybe the worst ones we received. And so for me, I got this unbelievable surprise. I guess when Jerry Amne was over here at Kenny's house one day, Kenny's mom Dot showed him a picture of Kenny and I and a couple other friends together at our.
Speaker 1: H was it you who found about? Here's the us.
Speaker 2: The irony of the picture is that the girl another friend of ours, very very close with AJ by the name of Ronnie Kennear, the girl that Ronnie took to the prom.
Speaker 1: I started dating like days after the prom.
Speaker 2: She and I really hit it off over that prom weekend, and I took to the prom a girl I had driven to school for years, and we had this notorious love hate relationship our entire lives.
Speaker 1: And she was she was just such a bitch, but.
Speaker 2: I found her incredibly entertaining in her bitchiness, and so we just got along and so we went.
Speaker 1: We went as friends.
Speaker 2: We never I went with Marguerite Oh, I haven't thought.
Speaker 3: Of her so long. My God, hot.
Speaker 5: Here, who's supposed to be a girlfriend? And I said, oh, that's like a venus girlfriend and she said yes. I said, he told me the truth that he likes this shot. Hair finds it saxy. You remember the last episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to know something interesting, Arena that girl huh.
Speaker 1: Was born on the same day as Jerry Anne.
Speaker 5: They're both tenth Did you tell me something about the karma?
Speaker 6: Wow, I've seen those.
Speaker 5: I had a girl who was twice divorced with the guys who were married or who was born on.
Speaker 6: The same day. Yeah, I know a lot of couples who had these tricky things.
Speaker 1: That's treacky.
Speaker 2: That's a point three percent chance, right, that's interesting. A point less than point three chants three tens of one percent chance of somebody being born in the same day.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. I you know a lot of things.
Speaker 4: So apparently so Ronnie Kenny was at my table and I get he was Chris Christian.
Speaker 3: Apparently he took christ and the problem he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was at my table with Tommy Colegan, Sharon Vanaker, John Monne, Mary Gigan, Me and Linda Buren and Annie Maria ROSSI went with somebody.
Speaker 3: Maybe Joe Bruno took her.
Speaker 1: Only AJ would know his whole tape.
Speaker 2: Well, well I was wrong, So Ronnie just happened to be talking to us and there for no but I but I hung out with Chris all weekend.
Speaker 4: Then maybe Ronnie took someone else, because I know.
Speaker 1: He definitely took her.
Speaker 2: He definitely took her because I remember feeling bad that Oh yeah, you know that, that he took her all the prom and you know a week later she and I, she and I are dating.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it all work.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, both of my friends fell for the same girl. She was a beautiful girl. Chris really sweet girl, really sweet person too. But you know I was gonna take dorin Orlando. I told her, you're going to problem with me. And then right before Prom I fell for Linda Buren and I had to reneg on Doreen with like a month ago, and she was crushed and then Rob rushed and took her and they ended up getting married.
Speaker 3: They had like four kids down in Flora, So it all worked out for her. And I'm still looking. But I took uh, yeah, I took Wenda Beeren.
Speaker 4: Chico took Laura shot her. It was a wild table. It was a crazy day. We weren't together that that that that night at the same she.
Speaker 1: She turned into she was my first love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh. She followed me to college. So we went to college together, so I did. Everyone assumed we were going.
Speaker 1: To be together.
Speaker 2: And then she went away with her Her mother never liked me. Her mother never thought I was good enough.
Speaker 3: For her daughter. In my how ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And and her mother took her to the Galopicos Islands on a trip. What And she got back from the Galopicos Islands and I remember we're out in the bay and my boat, like the first day she's back from the Galopicos Islands, and she hits me with the you know, we're so young, and you know, I really I want to see the world and I need to sew my you know, basically, I don't want to be pinned down and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So I was like heartburnk And.
Speaker 2: I remember, like fifteen years later, I'm the thirty three year old president of a company and I'm in Boston at Logan Airport ready to board a flight back to LaGuardia, and I see her mother waiting to board the same plane. And so I've never done this. I mean, I just generally don't operate this way, right. But number one, I knew who she went ahead and married. Who's a good guy who was football player in school. God name is Steve Beard, and very good guy, an excellent football player at Vanderbilt. But I needed to I needed to do a little flaunting in front of her mother, who I knew, you know, didn't think I was good enough for her daughter. So I plopped myself down next to her mother. She didn't recognize me for half a second.
Speaker 1: And then and then, you.
Speaker 2: Know, when I told her who I was, you know, it clicked in, and you know then I just maybe even embellished a little bit how well I was doing.
Speaker 1: But I was doing well, But I just laid it.
Speaker 2: I just laid it on really freaking pick to just make sure that she knew that I knew.
Speaker 1: I said to her daughter.
Speaker 4: But I don't believe I can't believe a mother. You know, Mike was a very good student, a great athlete, funny guy, handsome. What the fuck was my mother looking for?
Speaker 2: I think someone more worldly. I wasn't a big at that point in my life, I wasn't traveling.
Speaker 1: The world that you know. My family, well, our family did. Her family, That's what they did.
Speaker 2: They went on these exifications. They her mother lived in Great Neck and they were divorced, and her mother lived in Great Neck, so she was she was snooty. Yeah, the guy that she lived with, I don't think she ever married him.
Speaker 1: I loved this guy, Barry. He was big New York giants.
Speaker 2: Family went to lots of games together over time and stuff and and uh watched a lot of games together.
Speaker 1: I mean, great, great guy.
Speaker 2: And and so it h But I always knew that she just didn't think I was good enough for her daughter. So anyway, I got I got the last giggle on on that one. But I shared the picture with both. Well, now I know that Arena's seen the picture a bunch of times.
Speaker 1: But but Age, I don't know if you've ever seen this picture.
Speaker 2: Happened the I mean the mustaches that Kenny and I are sports probably come.
Speaker 6: On to my husband.
Speaker 5: I'm happy I met you much longer than that mustache. It's not something I'm attracted.
Speaker 2: It was look at Cowerstachus, look at our overgrown hair. The hair News we've got the collars on those cheap, shitty tuxes.
Speaker 1: I mean we were fire.
Speaker 3: Then you have ruffle. I think I had ruffles.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, the.
Speaker 6: Man I agree on that. But it's like, you know.
Speaker 2: Look, I love Whitey and I love Ronnie, but I mean we steal that picture. I mean you look at the two of us and it's like, you know, but but yeah, that's Marguy.
Speaker 1: I don't know who who's JJ's date there. I can't even do you know how I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't have a picture.
Speaker 6: I don't remember I.
Speaker 1: Send it to you in the uh what the show notes? It's in there? Yeah, it should be at the bottom of that file.
Speaker 3: Let's say this. I don't know that. Hold on, I got to look for this. This is great. Let me see. Uh okay, I'll tell you right now. If I find it, here you go on the show notes, right, okay? Where are we? Relationships?
Speaker 1: Hold on the bottom.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I'm gonna got about it here? Uh uh prep call? Now? Where the oh?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 4: Recording session? Okay, well that's January seventh. Why am I what the hell's going on? I can't find the last here's the prep call? December thirty would that be it. Now, that's a Google reminder. I don't know why I can't.
Speaker 1: I can feel that, I can feel listeners dropping off.
Speaker 3: I forget. Yeah, I'll find it later. I'll tell you who it is later. Yeah, you know what. That was the beginning of you and I and Mike, I mean and Kenny and not a split.
Speaker 4: But that's when I got really close with John Mono right in high school and I me and him spent a lot of time on soccer together and weekends, and he became like my go to everyday friend in school because we were in the same classes. So yeah, I was with Mono and she and Ronnie. But uh, yeah, you had a good table. But yeah, Sharon Vanaker, we can't get she was at my table. Sharon, Sharon, she was something else.
Speaker 1: No, I love Sharon.
Speaker 2: Sharon had our our time and and uh when Tony Botch was dating her sister, So that's when Tony and I got to be got to be good friends.
Speaker 1: So so the best gift.
Speaker 2: That was a great surprise gift because I hadn't seen that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't even remember that she was framed.
Speaker 3: It got framed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jerry Ane, Jerry Ane got it.
Speaker 2: From guy and then took it and framed it and uh, it's great, it's great. So that was the that was the best gift. And then the worst gift. First of all, my mother has been giving everyone, my kids, me, Jerry, Anne, my sisters, my nieces, my nephews, everybody, the same gift for every birthday and every Christmas, for however long I can go back. It's going to be a card, it's going to have a check in it. And she's never adjusted for inflation. So back in you know, back in the eighties, that one hundred dollars was a really nice gime. In twenty twenty four, it doesn't go quite so far. But this Christmas it went even less far because everything came in one big envelope from my mother for the four of us, right, And so I handed everybody their their cards and I opened mine.
Speaker 1: And when I opened it, the place where you're supposed to put the check or the cash, oh no, it was empty. There's nothing. I got skumped by my mother for Christmas. I'm like, Jerry, it's like, Mike, did you pish him?
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, I haven't pissed my mother, but I can't. I'm not going to tell her. No, I can't tell her that she forgot, that she forgot to.
Speaker 1: Put because it'll hard feelings. I can't do it. So but anyway, so my best is the picture. My worst was.
Speaker 2: That's great, the empty, the empty envelope without my mother's my mother's usual check.
Speaker 4: But I can tell you my worst. My worst was several years ago, not this year. Mi am Mary was old, always old. Even when I was a kid. She was very autistic. She could draw, she could paint. She used to paint scenes and big clamshells. Her whole room was all her paintings of Hawaii and Africa. Anyhow, one Christmas, she decides to paint my high school graduation picture.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this.
Speaker 4: It was a surprise or opening gifts on Christmas Eve, I opened this frame picture of me.
Speaker 3: But as Mia.
Speaker 4: Mary got older, her eyesight was just getting so she was legally blind in one eye and half blind to the other. So this portrait of me, while it was a great try, looked nothing like me in my cap and gown. And my nephews are like, you have to put this up on the wall right now, And I did, and we used to say Mary and Mary's studio paintings for the portrait That's not quite you, and.
Speaker 3: I wish, I wish I still had it. I don't have it.
Speaker 4: But I think the best gift was probably you know, it wasn't Even when I was a kid, I used to love to look at all the boxes around the tree from my sisters and with so many presents.
Speaker 3: They used to come down the hallway and I would play with my army men.
Speaker 4: Remember little do you ever play with armament, little plastic armymen? Yeah, and put them all over the boxes and make them kill each other. On Christmas even that was my favorite army men. And I guess the bicycle I got. I finally got a shwim with the banana seat and the extended forks. Remember the big high handlebars. I wrecked that in about two months. But that was a big gift. But this year, you know, I don't rely. I get embarrassed getting gifts from my kids. And it's just I feel like, all right, you know, thank you, And I just feel like they don't need to get me anything. I like getting them stuff. I'm at that phase where I don't I'm uncomfortable getting I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't need anything.
Speaker 4: I know, I don't. You know you guys, So there's your kids, not for me, but you know they did well. They did well arena, arena, how about you.
Speaker 5: I want to tell something to our audience because I had a magic here with magic gifts, and it's not something that I would consider to be the best one or less. So I'm the one who believes in manifesting. In even if I believe in God and I believe that everything comes from the sky and so and so that I believe in manifesting. Also I believe on the power of subconscious mind. And a year ago we're supposed to go on there New Year. We had some plans. We had to go to the club, to the community where we moved in uh and it had to be nice and beautiful, but unfortunately we had some familiar circumstances because of which we couldn't go out. So I decided whatever my husband was resting, he wasn't in the mood to go to live and I took supported him and understood him. So I decided, I'm not going to waste time. As soon as I have to be quiet at home, I would like to candle and do my manifesting board.
Speaker 6: I take a.
Speaker 5: Huge white piece of paper and I wrote everything, how I see myself, how I picture myself playing golf.
Speaker 6: I didn't play golf by that time.
Speaker 5: Riding the bicycle, and I didn't write it for years, so maybe I even forgot how to do it, like painting la la la la la, doing podcast, guys, and you brought it into my life, you know, this year and ear rings that I dreamt about for many many years, and so on and so on and so so that was a whole picture I opened up after one year because I totally forgot about it. And I have to tell you the last thing that was there. They are just few little things that didn't come true yet, but it's okay because it's not you know, world wasn't built like chrome wasn't built on a second, you.
Speaker 6: Know, any day. And the last thing that was a puppy.
Speaker 5: Oh so yesterday, Katy and I we exchanged gifts. But I don't want to speak about material stuff and everything and everything. I want to tell you that totally surprised that I got from mother in law. She got us two bicycles that was a part of the board, which is great for him. And for me to do something together and gifts that we get for ourselves is a puppy. When I showed him the picture, it's almost the same like I made.
Speaker 6: A year ago.
Speaker 5: Well, instead of crying and being disappointed. So, ladies or all our audience, who is maybe not that happy today, who feels miserable or feels a lot or whatever you're doing and you have no plans, don't waste this time. Don't think that you would like to be somewhere somewhere else when you're not or grass is greener somewhere else.
Speaker 6: Please just take the board, take your time, meditate, manifest and design your new reality and check it out within a year and you'll see how your dreams are coming through naturally.
Speaker 3: That's kind.
Speaker 1: I just got to play with the puppy a little bit of going.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love it so cute. What kind of dog is it?
Speaker 6: Ah, it's golden doodle, they say, like the doodle. It's a mix and it's pretty.
Speaker 5: And Kenny, my husband, I should brag about him, because he had his position that he would never he wanted to rescue a dog. He wanted to save the life, and he didn't want to pay for a dog it. We still paid for it because it was some kind of mixed tation. The lady had to get rid of them because of feminine circumstances and mother's illness, but she has still to sell them. And I saw this link from girls chart with Jerry and Mike's wife and Valerie Gallagher's.
Speaker 6: Wife and a Wall just sent it the link. I resent it to my husband.
Speaker 5: And when we had Dorothy in the hospital, unfortunately, Kenny called them and he said, Irena, that's the doggie.
Speaker 6: And I looked at say, oh wow, I love it.
Speaker 5: So when a whim as usual with my husband, we went pick up the doggy last day of the months. Hopefully mother when she comes back from the hospital, mother in law, she will be very happy. And Kenny as well, because he felt uncomfortable. We went to some rescue dog center. So he donated some.
Speaker 6: Amount of money to them to you know, still make a good deed.
Speaker 2: So he manifested Eva the dogs. He manifested Eva.
Speaker 6: I manifested Ava.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Did you call it a because you love Ava Gardner, the actress?
Speaker 6: I know it's I just love Ava.
Speaker 5: It's one of the protag in my book who cares about your ex lady's probably gonna appreciate it.
Speaker 6: But it's actually a love story.
Speaker 5: And the story of success.
Speaker 3: It's not just that's my niece's name. I love. That name is so powerful, it's so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad because I remember when when Kenny lost his dog years ago in your backyard, Mike, right, not not well Pepe.
Speaker 3: The other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we were in your backyard. He showed me a picture of it. I hadn't ever seen it, but yeah, dogs mean everything. I mean, Mike, Mike knows that they mean everything. I can't wait in this this coming month, and I'll bring it back to l A for a while because I miss her so much.
Speaker 2: I want to mention one other gift because it's driving my wife crazy and I love. I got her a gag dildo.
Speaker 1: It is a dildo and the head is Trump. It's Trump's head on a.
Speaker 2: Gildo, and and so she keeps getting like I will just take it and I'll put it on her desk, and then she'll find it, you know a few hours later or the next day, and she'll she'll throw it in my office or she'll put it in a drawer, and I find it every time she tries to get rid of it, and I put it back in a prominent place of hers. So she's being stalked by and it's pink. It's a pink Trump dilda that is following my wife everywhere, and it's it's.
Speaker 6: Have made it? This is your face made?
Speaker 3: Oh sure, yeah, it would.
Speaker 1: Trump dildo much better.
Speaker 3: Than the Trump is a big hot cellar. You know, I have a fake, a funny dildo.
Speaker 1: I'm texting.
Speaker 3: Acond years ago.
Speaker 4: Twenty something years ago, I went to Italy with a girlfriend of my family and I bought I packed a big rubber of large rubber dildo in her bag without her knowing it. And I was waiting for us to get the customs and for the guy to pull it out and investigate it.
Speaker 3: But it didn't happen.
Speaker 4: So we get to Italy where in Naples, we're on the water, this beautiful hotel, all looking to see if the Bay of Naples, and we had an argument. So I took the dildo and threw it off the balcony and this thing went like a tomahawk into the ocean, into the bay, crystal clear water, and it sank to the bottom of like six feet of water. And we could see that dildo from our room for the whole week, sitting on the bottom of the bay, and we had to laugh about it. I actually went and retrieved it and repacked it, hoping she'd see it again in cussins, but they didn't pull her bag. But yeah, fun with dildo's fun stories.
Speaker 3: Love them.
Speaker 6: Think if sharing Mike, that's wonderful.
Speaker 1: I sent you the picture as well, Arena, So I say, it looks like you can't the pink drive.
Speaker 3: I love it. In front of Sala's flag too, That's that's a nice touch.
Speaker 1: Currently in front of my father's American flag. Okay, So on that note, well, let's do a little bit of news. AJ. What what's going on in the world?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, not too many great, well, a lot of sad things. We have a lot to look forward to in the next three weeks with Trump coming aboard. But uh, the holiday was a little tragic with that terrible plane crash in Korea that killed about one hundred and seventy nine people, the most fatal plane crash in decades. We also lost Jimmy Carter, our thirty ninth president. Uh wasn't a big fan, but he was a good man in the long run, and you know, sad to see him go whenever he was a president. But that plane, you know, those plane stories scare the shit out of me. I don't know the airline, not many of us do. Was Jesu Air in South Korea.
Speaker 3: But the guy was landing. I'm not frequent with Jesu. I'm mint with the Jet Blue, but not to Uh.
Speaker 4: The guy's landing. The pilots landing, and then they were told there might be bird strikes. There's birds coming around, and okay. Then he said, yeah, we were struck. He's trying to land.
Speaker 3: He couldn't quite nail it, turns around the sky, tries to go down again, didn't deploy the landing gear or it wasn't able to deploy. Overshoots, the runway slams'll do, concrete fans, fireball, everybody dies except two people, two flight instruct attendants who were in the back of the plane and walked out of it. Unbelievable. But there's still coming through it, they said. I've read they found more than six hundred body parts. You could still smell the blood in the air. Reminds me of nine to eleven on Thanksgiving. You could still smell the death at nine to eleven from New Jersey when I Thanksgiving dinner at a cousin's house. But one hundred and forty one bodies were identified. The youngest was three years old, oldest was seventy eight. I don't know what do you do when you're coming in for a crash landing? You know it.
Speaker 4: There was a video about a week before that of a plane going down in Kazakhstan. And there's a video of a guy in the plane, obviously just saying a lah afbar repeatedly, and he's calm as can be. The plane's tilting and he's just saying a lah afbar and it goes down and the plane that the phone goes dead.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I would think. What do you do when you know your.
Speaker 4: Plane's going down? And that's just a horrifying thought. Every time I feel turbulence. I'm not a great flyer. I get that I have to grab the seat in front of me. I don't like that feeling.
Speaker 3: But I think, after living sixty two years and change, I fly a lot.
Speaker 4: If I was gonna go down, I'd like to think I would say to myself, you know what, I had a great fucking time. I had a great run, and if this is how it ends, I'm not that shocked because I always have to do something that's dramatic, so maybe this is how I go out.
Speaker 3: I don't know, how do you guys feel about that?
Speaker 5: You know, I have a fear of flying s like Mike, and I have to tell you. As much as I believe in God, I believe in Karamid. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I still haven't a power of control, because you know, aja is probably because we have both control and personalities. I know people who are drinking on the plane, who are sleeping on the plane, who are having.
Speaker 6: Fun, who like turbulence. I'm not one of them. It's because we have.
Speaker 5: Control, and they try to degred of control as much as possible, being psychologists, especially working with people. But it's still a part of me and I accept it so a playing it's not something. I don't know how this machine is working. I don't know how it's like operating. It's out of my mind. I just pray every time I fly, I pray that's what I'm doing. But I understand. I know the safetest seat is the last one. But I always tried, and I tell Kenny he's invested a lot of money in buying the city as much upfront as possible because of it's less surable and solutive.
Speaker 3: Connected to the pilot.
Speaker 1: Feel, it's also the deplaning. I mean, it just takes you know, that's so much longer to get off a plane from that.
Speaker 5: It's just related to fear of control and fear of death, to fears, you know, but like every every time, it brings you to the fear of death by the end of the story, if you dig and dive into that psychologically. Sorry if you're interrupting you, Mike.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, And I mean to me, it's like one of the scariest ways to go. I just don't the idea of being in a plane. I mean, I hope those people didn't know what was happening. I hope it was just it happened in an instant and it was over for them, and they didn't have a great awareness of you know, how much jeopardy they were actually in and and uh, but.
Speaker 3: I think they did. I mean, you know, they're skinning on the run by.
Speaker 2: The obviously came back around. But but lots of weird behavior like why, you know, why didn't they dump fuel?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Lots of questions they have that they've got to get answered around this. You know, it seems like they're sort of leaning toward the pilots, not having you know, done the everything they could have done.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, more will come out in the in the coming days. But but definitely a scary thing. Whenever you see two uh, you know stories in a row. These things always happen, and yeah, twos and threes uh, and again it's Boeing bowing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, I talk about a bad year.
Speaker 4: Boeing has been a disaster, to the point where I never even care what whol manufactures my airplane I fly. And now that's all I think about what I bought. And and I don't know about you guys, we all know that DEI all that nonsense was ever where, including pilots. And let me ask you a question. You walk into an airplane and you look to your left and there's I'm sorry, I'm gonna say, an Asian woman as the pilot or a black woman as your pilot?
Speaker 3: Do you want to stay on that plane? I don't. I'm sure, I would leave, but I refuse. No, yeah, not these days, not in these I want a man. I want a man with a crew cut, six foot one, maybe serve some military time.
Speaker 1: I don't want, I don't.
Speaker 3: I just give me the best, give me the best that comes to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, But here's what I'll saying. The Asian women fail because they can't even drive cars. So why would anyone let someone who can't drive a car right behind you know, the wheel of a plane, A black woman, any other one, but really fine. But the Asian pilot, no, because she'll be going fifty five in the plane. We can't go for to five speed limits up there that if this build them, it's four hundred. She's only gonna go four hundred, gonna be three hours late.
Speaker 4: And now night flights make me nervous because of the drone bullshit. Although the drones have slowed down a little bit right in the last week or so. Oh, the drones flying above New Jersey.
Speaker 2: You know, they just don't fly to Newark. Why would you ever fly to Newark anyway?
Speaker 3: I used to when I live in downtown in the West Village.
Speaker 6: Somebody find out what those drones?
Speaker 3: No, not really they think in the road part of our military. Who knows. I don't know what the White House knows. They just can't tell us. I think it's us. I think we're doing it and we can't let anybody know the type of weapons we're manufacturing and what they can do. I think it's US. I don't think it's aliens. If it is, what else can we do get.
Speaker 6: Any America can let somebody get in above this.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't know, fly a.
Speaker 1: Balloon all the way across the country.
Speaker 6: So I think America knows everything in every part of the world. I think America is powerful.
Speaker 4: It is, and I think they know who's flying those drums. I think it's as they can't tell us. But look, we've been we were always were always kept in the dark with many things when it comes to the government. But let's hope uh Trump will If Trump doesn't talk about it, then you know it's the government because if it was somebody else, he'd let us know. So we'll find out in three weeks.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing, a big thing I am looking forward to in twenty five is finding out a lot of things that, yeah, we don't know if some of these appointments get confirmed, and some of these people do the things they say they're going to do. It'll be an interesting year of finding out all the stuff that we didn't know that was going on, that we suspected.
Speaker 3: Was going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also he said Trump, I mean not don Trump, Carter Carter died.
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't. I didn't vote for Jimmy Carter. But you were fourteen, dude, Oh that's right, we were too young. I vote if my first was ragged first was Reagan? Right right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: I was young. I wouldn't have voted. Voted that way.
Speaker 4: But very very different than our past presidents with the accent and the crazy brother. I don't think you know his brother, Billy Billy caught It was a crazy, crazy, wacko dude, beer drinker, drunk crazy. But you know, I guess he was a wonderful man in terms of the things he got accomplished once he left the White House, and how he was looked upon as a dignified person. And you gotta give it to anybody who lives over one hundred years old and stays married for.
Speaker 3: Was it seventy seven years?
Speaker 1: Seven years?
Speaker 3: Was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he actually met her the day she was born. By the way, what met her the day she was born? So their family would.
Speaker 1: Them, Well, come on, left to calculate.
Speaker 6: They don't need any case.
Speaker 1: There's nothing left to calculate.
Speaker 6: Hundreds are kidding?
Speaker 1: Seventy seven years so it might have been a shitty president. But he was a good man.
Speaker 6: And here Kenny said that he was a good man. He had a kind heart, and you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was, you know he actually the more the big mark on him was that we had those hostages. Remember when they the Iranian Hostagesian hostage.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't give him the Carter, but Ronald Reagan's first day in office, they coughed up the hostages.
Speaker 3: That's that right there.
Speaker 4: I told you what other countries thought of Jimmy Carter. How what they thought of Ronald Reagan. Don't fuck with Reagan. I feel like they feel the same way about Trump all these years later, and we'll find out.
Speaker 1: Well, we get some hostages back in January.
Speaker 2: But I mean, guy was a peanut farmer. I mean, he can't be a bad guy. If you know, if your life is farming peanuts, I mean, come on, it's.
Speaker 3: The American dream. I mean, the guy did. Really what a story poverty to become president. It's really amazing.
Speaker 1: And those Georgia peanuts are give those boiled peanuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's good to Adam. You like n nim at him? All right?
Speaker 1: Did you watch the how It?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: We all talked about holiday movies last time we were together, So AJ, did you watch Jingle all the way?
Speaker 3: I didn't catch it. I was too sick.
Speaker 4: But I did catch one movie that I've never seen before, from nineteen seventy four called Black Christmas. It's a horror movie and it's good. It's scary. Don't watch the remakes in the two thousands, they're awful. But the first one was with Olivia Hussey, who just died a week ago, who played Juliet and Romeo and Juliet. I had such a crush on her as a kid when that movie came out, And now she's in this horror movie from seventy four, really scary. You don't think of Christmas and a scary movie together. But it's worked for me. Set in England.
Speaker 3: Scary. But I didn't see Jing. I'll try to watch it this week if I get a wild hair late at night. But that was too sick to enjoy a movie. Unfortunately, guys, how about you, Arina.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch anything Christmas wise, unfortunately.
Speaker 5: And I talked to my mother and she's watching that movie that I told you the last time about the guy who was you know, our classic movie when the guy gets out of the sonar. So we had a jet Blue experience. And I usually not to feel this extra fear of flying. I do one glass of wine and nice movie. And I was looking for some Christmas movie in Jet Blue, and guys, probably because of my karma, professional karma, I got into very psychological movie. There is nothing to do with Christmas. It was the last session of Freud. It was the last session of Freud of zig Mund Freud, and I heard his biography that one of his daughters died and he disbelieved in God. He said, what kind of god he is if I lose in people I love? And he was very dedicated in his profession. That's for she, yes, his daughter, she has a huge attachment to him. But I understood why I watched that movie because I had.
Speaker 6: A huge attachment to my own father.
Speaker 5: So unfortunately, I'm not ready to share anything happy and funny, and I probably will rewatch Home Alone with because that's my favorite part of it and I love watching it. And but that was my really final movie I watched for this year because I'm not gonna watch anything to night.
Speaker 6: I guess, so unless maybe not changed, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I well, I don't write.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you why I don't really go for fun movies on Christmas because Mike knows this. You don't know this arena. But my mother died on Christmas morning, uh many years. Yeah, it was it was just it was I mean it was it was awful. But actually the way she went calling for my father as she got out of her coma, it was beautiful because me and my sister and my ex wife are there and we said she's she's calling for Daddy. She kept saying al and then she was reaching for him and then she passed. But it wasn't dead like. It was kind of pretty, I have to say.
Speaker 3: So I never end up.
Speaker 4: For many years, I've not been in a great mood on Christmas to be happy and sing song and watch a funny movie.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's why Christmas is a little weird for me. And it's been weird. But you know, we Italians a lot of us make the seafood and we do the It's kind of a misnom where that Italians eat seven fish, seven dishes of different fish.
Speaker 4: It's not really true. We like seafood on Christmas Eve. So I made uh I don't you know. My kids don't eat a lot. So I made flameing on and bopster tails.
Speaker 3: I started with a colds kan Jilie South, which I love, colds Kan Julie salad and uh pasta with minorada sauce with shrimp, you know, with a butterfly shrimp in the pasta, and then the steak and lobster.
Speaker 1: So dude, that's a.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 6: Started to cook at our home as soon as you're right.
Speaker 4: It was the shopping, I know, it was the shopping for food that I can't stand the lines and the people. But cooking itself makes me feel much better. So yeah, not a huge meal, but still big enough that we all enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: You know, I think it's in your Italian blood because with this year, it's the second year almost a tradition. Kenny's son invites us big family and most of them are Italian or like have some part of Italian blood and his daughter in law and they are staying with us right now.
Speaker 6: She did amazing stuff. She cooked and she has these Italian roots and she cooked for all of us. It was great.
Speaker 5: It was so many people like I like, really, I have a new family of twenty people I already like. I didn't have it for years. I didn't have it for years because my family or almost everybody died. So it was great as well, you know this cooking and family fun and so Mike, what about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, well I did my I did my power one two of jingle all the way with Diard and have my sons doing that with me. But I made my own power move for uh for Christmas Eve, and and it nearly turned into disaster.
Speaker 3: But I.
Speaker 2: End up finding this secret that saved me a ton of money. But I love stone Crabs. And there's you know this famous place in Miami, Joe's Stone Crab, that is the the most profitable restaurant in the United States. Restaurant makes forty something million dollars a year in profit.
Speaker 3: I mean I've been there a couple of times.
Speaker 2: They charge a ton for these crabs, right, So I start looking at Phish markets, and I'm searching online and I'm like, oh shit, okay, so for for Joe's. If I wanted to order from Joe's, pick them up, and then for that was gonna be likes, you know, and this is for the sort of like the appetizer of the meal.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Then I found another place online that was called George's Stone Crab, and there I could get a dinner for four, which is really just a pound an and a half, which is like five or six claws per person, And that would have been four hundred and something, so half of what it was to do it from Joe's. But you know, I'm I'm gonna make really nice steaks with everything, and I'm like, that's just.
Speaker 1: Way too much money.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I end up finding out about this business called Steve's Stone Crabs, and it's actually a woman and she gets the stone crabs directly from the fishermen.
Speaker 3: Nice they're a.
Speaker 2: Little smaller than the colossals that the high end restaurants want to buy, you know, so they're a little bit smaller claw than you might get in at Joe's or somewhere like that. But they sell them out of the back of a truck that she pulls into this parking lot in Palm Beach and she does it on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays in season.
Speaker 3: Right, So.
Speaker 2: I find out about it and I'm like, okay, great, I'll go there ten thirty in the morning the Sunday because it starts at ten thirty. And well, I get there and I leave early so I can get there early. I know i'll be there and plenty of time. I get there at ten fifteen and when I pull into the lot, I see a line of people that you know, looks like a reality show casting call in la in like nineteen ninety eight, of course, and I'm like, oh shit. So there I see there are people towards the front that literally have tents so they've stayed there all night so they could be first in lawn. And then everybody at minimum has a folding chair and a cooler. I mean, everybody's got a plan, but me, My plan is just to show up. So I've got nothing, and I'm about one hundred and fiftieth I guess in line, and I'm thinking, you know, what a freaking moron.
Speaker 1: There's no way.
Speaker 2: So after about an hour of being online, and the line slowly dwindling down. She stands up and she makes an announcement that that she doesn't have a whole lot left, she's going to run out, and that she does have some bags with some cracked clause that's fine, that she'll sell if people are willing to buy the crackhaust. So the line dwindles down a little bit more. She announces that she's out of the regular clause, and I mean everybody but like five people. So instantly I go from you know, twenty fifth online to like fifth online, right.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 2: They were She was supposed to sell their claws for twenty four dollars a pound, which is like a third of what any other places, but because they were cracked, and not all of them, just some of them were cracked, she sells them for me for eighteen.
Speaker 1: So I ended up getting the deal. I end up getting six pounds of stone crabs for eighty bucks.
Speaker 3: That's great, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: It was so great that I went back, and this time this time I got in right. I got there at nine thirty, so I got there and plenty of time to be like twentieth online, and she.
Speaker 1: Still had my singing address again. Yeah, I will, or if you guys want them, I'll pick them up for your next comment.
Speaker 6: I'm joking.
Speaker 5: I'm joking. You already gave me a table. Every time I come I steal something from your house.
Speaker 6: It's not the way to do it.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you right now. Stop It wde in me.
Speaker 6: But I like stone crabs, so.
Speaker 2: They're fabulous and now I'm addicted. Now when I can get them for that, I mean, it's better than next time.
Speaker 5: You know, we invited because last time a j unfortunately you learned with us. They they made a great party, Jerry, and is always perfect. That's what you call ideas. You organized that. It was beautiful, it was tasty. Min did filaming you on that is out of competition. Next day we went to Prime, which I liked a lot before's sake, you.
Speaker 3: Know, beautiful.
Speaker 2: Gay Prime steak was as good as mine.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, wait a minute, no, I think.
Speaker 6: I didn't have a chance. They gave you this streep. I fell in love with your film and a lot like I love it that you know, you know.
Speaker 4: It's not my favorite stake, but if it's done right, it's just it's perfect. It's a right amount of you don't get great.
Speaker 1: Well, I did the place for of girls.
Speaker 2: My son likes New York, and the New York for him, and then I did ReBs for me Kenny and the other son, and uh and Gallagher and uh.
Speaker 1: And and and dot too.
Speaker 2: But I bought I bought a tragger. I finally went out and got a and got a tragger. And that thing is the greatest freaking thing ever. I nearly died in New Orleans with that stupid green ee trying to get the temperature right and that freaking nothing costs a ton and it never works. And I don't know why it's got this reputation that it's a great barbecue.
Speaker 3: But Trager is the way to go.
Speaker 2: Uh not.
Speaker 4: When I come to Florida again, let me find where they sell Dungeoness crabs. That's my favorite. I love blue claw too, but Dungeoness has the most meat to me. And I make a Dungeoness crab. I make platters of it with hot.
Speaker 1: But those are those are Northwest though, yeah, those down here. It's down here.
Speaker 4: A great but I make I make a nice dungeness with the red sauce and a lot of garlic, heavy garlic. You know, we leve the dining room table with a bunch of newspapers and we just cracked our hearts content.
Speaker 3: It's the best. I love craft, fantastic.
Speaker 1: I can't get enough of them. Now it's New Year's guys, so yeah, let's talk resolutions. Who's wid a resolution?
Speaker 3: I guess, I rena. Have you made one yet? I did? What is it? Do you mind?
Speaker 5: And I? Okay, May I tell you one minute funny story before and after I tell you my resolution? So I we go to New York and I worked, not only celebrated the life there, so and I do for jovnin Em. I go and question people around in the Brian Park about their New year resolution. And I asked one girl and I said, did you got last you mag? And I said, did you come out with your New Year resolution twenty twenty five? And she said, yeah, I did. I said, what's that?
Speaker 6: And she told me to keep up with my old previous resolutions?
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, I know.
Speaker 5: So not in my cage, because whatever I decided, I did it. That's my character. I became very stubborn many years ago. But I decided this year to be brave enough to go how to say, to overcome my not fear, but I always did something. I was all behind the back of my parents because they were known in Ukraine, or I represented my husband. Oh, I've been hiding by the name of Gemini and m me up, which is product of mine. I was always pushing my projects, my book, people, counseling you always. I decided, you know, let this be the year of Rena wud. Let me find out what I am. And I have two niches that I need to cover. I want to learn how to film myself because I'm not to take a girl and I have to end up with this. And I had hard time finding my pr person. So I decaided, why don't I become pr pers myself. So I'm going to take care of Jemina. I am you from a different and my creative part is over, my expertise is over. I still work with people in dividually. So this year my resolution is to become the best pr ever for myself, for Gemini, nam Me and maybe even for the other people.
Speaker 6: If I can help others after I manage myself.
Speaker 3: That's big.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's okay, major, major leader.
Speaker 3: That's a huge. Major, guys, that's big. That's big. Gotta think big, gotta think big. I don't. I think what I want to do well. I always I like, grow the show, Grow the show, Grow the show. That's got to be the period all the shows, grow the shows. And you know, I've been, I've been. I've had this book, my third book that I've written here and there and stopped and started and stopped. I got to finish it and get it out. It's all my many people who listen to my show, I've heard some of the stories, but there's something that I haven't told that are all my brushes with celebrity in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: My first book was about my New York brushes, and then I wrote my memoir about the summer nineteen seventy four a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: But now I want to do all my celebrity and you know, just the crazy moments in my life being in television and in movies and out.
Speaker 3: Here in California. I have to read it. Yeah, No, I just get hung up on titles. But I can't get I can't do that. I have to just get into it.
Speaker 4: I've written like five chopters. I got to finish it and we'll see where that goes. But it'll be fun, it'll be good for the show, and it'll be a good dose of publicity once a.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do you need to do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about you?
Speaker 1: For whatever? I guess, I guess I just didn't think I deserved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, but I I stopped playing golf like two years ago. Just I didn't pick up a golf club for like two years. I played all the time in California, and I belonged to a club there. I loved it, these friends and you know, Uh, but I got to New Orleans and I was like f it. And but now my sons have gotten into it a little bit and it's a great way to get time with them and to be able to to just talk about stuff and and uh have family time together. And it's something that we'll hopefully be able to do, you know, for a long time. So I am getting back into it and actually playing to to play well and you know, and take golf fairly seriously again, so that in fact, I'm as soon as we're done, I'm going to play with so we uh, we're giving it a ghost. So we've got a family sport that that at least the three of us can can do together for the next fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 4: That's fun because now that I'm in the basketball with with Rocco and where you were with Law, it's great to have some place to go, like three nights a week, constantly seeing games, playing games, watching him going, you know, traveling. It's a great time. So I know, I know, but it's nice to know down the road there's another way to recapture that and hang together. And so that's really good. That's good. Good for you.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought you were going to play golf with the way you addressed. I said, that's a dolf outfit for Mike.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what, tomorrow you start to take I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, good, good for you, buddy, Good for you. You earned it. You earned it.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. Never say you don't deserve you do big letters.
Speaker 2: Well, and I bought Jack's club set clubs for Christian and he's got I mean, he's a crap out of the ball, he's got a hell of a swinging Yeah. So I need to I need to give him a chance to fall in love with the with the game and and all.
Speaker 4: So well, could you imagine Tiger Woods, how great he feels now with Charlie, him and Charlie playing together.
Speaker 3: Come on, that's probably the best memories of this.
Speaker 1: They almost won the father's time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's beautiful. It's a great story. Beautiful story, no, it is.
Speaker 1: And and and Elan gave him a hug at the.
Speaker 3: End of that. Yeah, that was all nice man, all your.
Speaker 2: Neighbor, probably just to give him COVID, probably just she probably felt it coming.
Speaker 1: On, my god.
Speaker 2: On that note, on that, Happy New Year, guys, Happy new year everybody out there, and let's talk for a great twenty five.
Speaker 3: You gotta take care of gain bye y'all. Well,