Speaker 1: Welcome to Deplorable Nation. I'll call the conspiracy when we break down the.
Speaker 2: Rail in the surreal, diving deep into the stories that shape our faith. Let's get ready to challenge the day air heare were living in the world painted gray, truth, reptite in the media, ballet, ballet, tangle tales. They spin them so slick. But we dissect the lines and we do it quick quickness, from the streets to the top. We take in a stand, voices of.
Speaker 1: The people united, we plan, so gather around here the call Deplorable Nation.
Speaker 2: We won't fall begin for the truth, bringing in light on cults and conspiracy.
Speaker 1: We ready to fight.
Speaker 3: Hi, and welcome back to another episode of Deplorable Nation. I'm your host, Deplorable Janet, and today I have another fabulously exciting show with one of my very favorite people on the planet. Returning guests mess Heidi. How are you beautiful?
Speaker 1: I am so wonderful, fabulous Janet. I am so great to be here with you today. And you're one of my besties in the group because we're women and we can chat and have fun and not talk about weird stuff.
Speaker 4: Right well, I don't know. We do talk about some weird showers.
Speaker 1: We have fun. We have fun?
Speaker 4: Why do we do have fun?
Speaker 3: And I'm so happy to have met you because you are such a phenomenal person, you know, and sometimes in this crazy clown world that we live in, it's hard to find real people, right, and so I'm very thankful to know you.
Speaker 1: You and Ibol lady, because you never know who you're talking to, and it could be a CI agent or it could be you know, a normal person like us at home, who the hell knows, but half the time it makes you paranoid. I don't know. I am so grateful because I mean, honestly, you meet a lot of people in the podcasting world, and you know, some of them just come and go, but some people say good friends. And that's what me and Janet have found. So I'm happy for that, which me too fellows as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I'm super excited that you are doing this show with me today because this is a topic that a lot of people have been asking about. They wanted to get into this, get the nitty gritty and the low down on the whole situation. So today we are going to be talking about phototherapy aka light therapy aka chromo therapy, aka led therapy or syntonic therapy. So it's a very wide umbrella that covers a lot of stuff, but it all has to do with different colors and wavelengths of light from the Roy G. Bibbscale. Do you remember that when we were little?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I don't know, that's been too long ago.
Speaker 4: We need to do some actually for a moment or two.
Speaker 1: Or twenty six years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So this is a very interesting topic and uh one that you know, like people question like me anytime something is pushed out there in the mainstream, you know, where you see influencers or stuff pushing things. I'm always like very hesitant about stuff. However, being that I come from the nursing field, this has been a part of the nursing field for a very long time. The doctor that I worked for was very big on tanning beds for people who had psiiasis exima flare ups things like that, because getting into a dermatologist was always like a nine months away appointment or whatever, and if you're having a flare up, you don't want to wait. So he always suggested that or different kind of light therapies. So the thing that I find interesting about phototherapy is that it dates back to their early or mid eighteen hundreds, been going on for a long time in western eis medicine, and it wasn't until like nineteen o three there was a guy that actually won the Nobel Prize for his life therapy work with lupus, and that it was doctor Neil Spenson. And so all the way back to nineteen oh three, they've been doing different forms of life therapy, and of course they change it and they discover new things and what it treats and stuff like that. So thank you for being here with me today.
Speaker 1: Absolutely I did a little. I know, Janet prepared a lot on different colors of light and what helps and all the things. So I kind of went the opposite direction and I went about, like why do we care? And what changed? Really? Right, you're talking about in nineteen oh three, this guy wins the Nobel Peace Prize. Well, what comes out in nineteen thirty sunglasses? And they were made wildly, wildly popular, not only by the CIA, like you see all the guys in black. Right, it's like a real thing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I always thought it was weird, like why what why do they care about that? You know? But it got and then the mob and then on top of it, Hollywood, Hollyweird got really into sunglasses. You saw all the time, all the time on these shows. It all of a sudden did a big transition. And at that time what happens is the very next year, in the nineteen thirties, it ended up that males had the greatest increase of cancer that they've ever had to this date, and they died of it. It was the number two cause of death in America at that time.
Speaker 3: Well and pwed me away thinking about like today and how many people are full of quote unquote disease, illness things like that. It's because people do not get out into the sun. They don't spend time in the sun. Were inside, We're under you know, fluorescent lights at work most of the time, or you know, things of that nature. Were always on a screen or looking at a screen instead of being out in the sun to be able to get those direct rays from the sun to keep us healthy and functioning and getting our vitamin D to activate and change into the active part that that quells and stops autommune allergies, you name it, all the stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, and people don't understand that you're okay, So this is a word I had to write down. You're super chismatic nucleus in your eye. This is why it's so important with this whole business about wind shields. Windshields came into you know, popular. I think are a good thing. I mean, I don't want to get hit by some crazy, you know, bug or something in my face. But I mean it changed everything about being outside. And to your they did a study. Ninety three percent of our life, not including our vehicles, is spent indoors. Right, So the super chismatic nucleus controls our circadian rhythm and it aligns our body and brain and everything with reality. So we're literally out of sync with reality because of what you just said about being under lights all the time that are weird, you know, and think about.
Speaker 3: Think about people's behavior patterns these days, right, because circadian rhythm not only has to do with sleep, but it has to do with the hormones that you release, right, yes, And so people are so out of balance. That's why you see so much anxiety, depression, mood swings, irritability, and just crazy crazy behavior nowadays.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And and with your point to the for the windshields, and the car used to be just glass and now they're coated windshields with you know, tinting and all these things built into the windshields that don't allow the rays to come through it like the old the first windshields did now And they say yeah.
Speaker 1: They even say in the windows like in our just regular house. They say, so to your point, the hormones that we release are cortisol. And here we go with like why are Americans fat? Not everyone? I'm just saying a huge thing, yep, right, And it's produced at a certain time and during the day to help you with stress. It's to motivate you almost right, Like at ten am, you're supposed to be the most coordinated, most alert, most awake, most everything that you are throughout the whole day. So you're supposed to wake up and before nine am. These retinal ganglion cells are lower like in as far as the way they absorb their sleepy at that time, I guess is a good way to say it. So even if you expose yourself, like to a full sunlight room with the windows, it doesn't matter, they say, if you go out there and you absorb it little by little, like you're supposed to like think of dawn, you know till nine or ten in the morning. Well, we get that you don't have that much time. But he said, even if this doctor that I was researching through and looking at these Jama studies, they say that if you just get enough to where it's full exposure up to a certain amount of lucks per day, like it's it's okay. And you can even do it with those dawn simulating lamps. That's okay too. But it has to be gradual. It can't just be like through a window and you get it like as you walk by or or even if you sat in it. It's better to just go outside for five minutes than well.
Speaker 3: And a lot of the windows and homes nowadays are thermopane windows, which again you know, have the have the coatings built inside the windows to like stop the sun's rays from from getting all the way through, like all of the light rays and the different wavelengths and the different colors from the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it confuses us because the different lights stimulate which I'm gonna let Janet go into the different colors, but different things stimulate different actions in your body, which is why our bodies are constantly confused. But I also think it's funny that they did this big movement to blue lights and got rid of incandescence, almost making them illegal, right because well, my gosh, Osha might come into your freaking house if you break one, Get the hell out of here. What are you talking about? Our grandparents have been around this stuff forever.
Speaker 3: Great, Which the funny thing about that is, look at, uh, how like in every single hospital facility there are fluorescent lights.
Speaker 1: Oh and it's an you know how.
Speaker 3: How dangerous fluorescent lights are because if that bulb breaks, the powder that comes out of fluorescent lights is toxic to human beings.
Speaker 1: But we don't but we can still have those in our house, right, we.
Speaker 4: Can't have and in a healthcare facility what yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, they used to build these porches for sunlight, you know, for people. And I'm not saying go out and tan and get sun cancer. I'm not saying there's not dangers from the sun. I'm not especially the sun right now, which is a whole conspiracy theory. But I will say this, the trend of the yellow light, the yellow sun, the yellow incandescence. I find it very strange that everything's bright white now every and what does it bright white you know or bluish? Yeah, it's going to increase your cortisol level. So is there a reason why we're all getting heavier? I mean, it's a fact, whether it's very overweight or minutely overweight, it's a fact that we're heavier than our s well.
Speaker 3: And it's funny that you said that because cortisol, to me, is one of the most interesting hormones in our body because it is considered the stress hormone, and so especially for women, it makes you hold weight in your guts, so you're always going to have a pooch pouch no matter what you do. If your cortisol levels are high, you're not going to be able to lose that weight in your abdomen section. And also, people that have frequent ringing in their ears, humming, however you want to describe it, that comes from high cortisol levels. So does memory impairment issues or weird muscle ticks and twitches, especially in the facial muscles. So if you have like an twitch in your eyelid a lot of times, or in your face somewhere, that's from cortisol.
Speaker 1: And it's important that we have cortisol during the day, but as nighttime comes, what do we do to push And I would often say it's to push our productivity, right like we're on these screens, like you've mentioned, you know, we're getting that blue light continuing. But really what we're programmed for about that time to start melatonin production is to have what the sun sets, beautiful oranges and reds for a reason, and it's to help our body go, hey, stupid, you're going to go to sleep soon. Because the animals do it, the birds do it. It's not like it's some big surprise, right, Like, I mean, we see this and unless the and people will come back and say, not all birds because owls are night look at their eyes. It's not the same thing. They don't have eyes like we have, you know. So they've mentioned in these articles that I was reading. The best thing you can do is about nine o'clock if you want to go to sleep someday soon, you'll dim your lights. If you have to read something or be on a screen. I have a blue light blocker, more reds and oranges, and put the light at a lamp level like away from you, and point it down toward the floor. So like it looks like it represents like a fire, right, like we're outside around the fire and fires. Think of camping. I go camping every year for one week, full no Wi Fi, nothing where I go because I just want that week to like be with the charge and yeah, just away from everything. I've always done it for a long time now. And my kids all know where I'm gonna be on my birthday. If you want to see me, you have to drive. You can't call me, your text and you're like sorry, and they come and everybody loves it. Now it's kind of like a big thing and they just have so much fun. But I think of how tired you get, you know, camping. I could stay up till two in the morning at home. At camping, I am done after that fire for forty five minutes. I am toast, you know, like time for bed. And I'm up early in the morning too. And I don't do that because I'm a night shift worker and I'm kind of used to more of a different schedule. I don't sleep all day, but I don't wake up right at the crack of dawn. Bull camping crack of daw here we come, you know. And I even have like light blockers in my trailer. It's pitch black. It doesn't matter. Your body gets it.
Speaker 3: It knows right, and it regulates to the way that we are supposed to be. Because you know, and people talk about this a lot, how our circadian rhythms are so messed up because you're a post to wake up when the sun rises and go to bed when the sun sets. How many of us actually take advantage of that. I don't because.
Speaker 1: Definitely not me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I cannot go to bed at seven and eight o'clock in the evening.
Speaker 4: Can't do it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Now, my husband, he is one hundred percent like it gets up when the sun rises, goes to bed when the sun is setting every day.
Speaker 1: If you can do it that way, that is the best thing to do. But if you can't take these little things that we're saying, like dim the lights. Have a blue blocker on your screen if you're watching something, have those red orange tones, like you know those lights that you can switch to red or blue or whatever, try and switch it up, put it lower like below, like so it's not the sun. Like think of your brain, you know your brain. It's amazing that our eyes are in control of this stuff. And it was funny to me as I researched this, they said that for eyes, it's really odd, like if you block it with like sunglasses or anything like that, it actually causes something which was very smart. If you are in a doctor per se that makes you know. Glasses and they became wildly popular because it decreases your depth perception and causes eye damage if you don't ever go and see the sun. I'm not saying go stare at the sun like a ridiculous person in the middle of the brightest part of the day. I'm not saying that, but there's a lot out there of studies that say, first thing in the morning sun to stare at it, just for like a few seconds. It's not that much.
Speaker 4: Really, it's like fifteen seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ridiculous to people say, oh, you'll go blind fifteen seconds. You're not. I promise it's not gonna happen. But these people have cured themselves, so they say, of these problems, I mean, we can't check it out. It's happening.
Speaker 3: And you know what's funny about the you know, the sunglasses and how it damages people's vision. You know, so many people have stigmatisms or you know, ocular issues of one kind or another. And this I mentioned syntonic therapy at the beginning of the show. Supposedly, the structures in your eye and you know, the the cranial nerves that take care of your eyes, Supposedly they don't regenerate, so once they're damaged, they're done.
Speaker 4: However, they have.
Speaker 3: Discovered that through syntonic therapy, and it's specialized light therapy using different colored light waves, that it actually renews and restores vision and regenerates. What they said all of this time can never be you know, regrown, renewed, things like that, and so people they're using it for not just a stigmatisms, but for glaucoma, cataracts, all of those things. And think about if people did the syntonic therapy instead of opting for laser cataract surgery or things of that nature. Think of how much money the medical industry would lose. Oh, first, they weren't during the eye surgeries.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. I have a severe I am blind in my right eye, which I love that some person commented on one of my news our lap I don't know about you, but my setup laptop is here camera is there. Somebody said I was a witch because I was looking up and down and all around and plus I'm blinded, my right, I am like, right, that is witchcraft. Okay, so I'm trying to keep my eyes. I'm not on Janet, but I like the person I'm talking to. But I guess I have to stare at the camera. But but I am one that didn't opt for surgery even though I really need it for a stigmatism, because I'm terrified to lose my sight because that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I can say.
Speaker 3: I am glad that you are not, because my dad went and had the laser cataract surgery done and then after a year, year and a half, they're like, well, your vision is still really shitty and it's not.
Speaker 4: Getting any better.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, it took your pressures and you actually need a corner transplant done. Now, anybody that has been having their new fangled surgery for laser cataract removal is finding that they are also being told that they need to have a corneal transplant done, which transplant means anti rejection meds means that you're putting a cat or a lens from somebody else's eyeball in yours right, yes, and so uh, the likelihood of a transplant in the eyeball actually taking and working is very minimal, and people are actually going blind because their transplants are rejecting.
Speaker 1: I think they must have changed the cataract surgeries because they get I think they used to do it with a knife, if I remember.
Speaker 4: Yes, they did. Now it's laser.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you can still opt for the old way because all these new people. My grandma had it, she went blind right after. Uh huh, I mean what here's the.
Speaker 4: Post the laser. If you think about like laser surgery for.
Speaker 3: Like tattoo removal or something, you are actually burning the skin, right, and so you're burning the tissue in your eyeball trying to get rid of that cataract, which is why people are having drops or increases of massive nature in their pressure in their eye, and they're telling them they need these transplants done to quote lower the pressure.
Speaker 1: Because and anytime you mess with that and the optic nerve, there are studies that say it makes your cancer rate go sky high, which is wild. I'm like, what I mean, that doesn't make any sense, but I guess our I mean it throws everything out of whack.
Speaker 3: But if you think about the money aspect of just the eye surgery, right, So now they went to laser, and so laser is more expensive than the traditional cataract removal. And then when the laser fails, which they know it's going to fail because hello, it's built to fail, that's the way our healthcare system is, then they do the transplants, which is expensive as all get out, and they know that's going to fail as well, and then you lose your vision.
Speaker 1: So it's like can you even find a donor and.
Speaker 4: All that and rendered per se?
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, yeah, that's I mean, it just seems to me like there's got to be a way where we can get back to a traditional type thing like okay, if you want to do the laser on cool, but like there should be some people that still offer the regular cataract removal very simple, like it's it's just peeling a grape basically. You know you're supposed to just peel that thin film. Why do they need a high powered laser to do that?
Speaker 4: One hundred percent?
Speaker 3: And for me, I would rather try light therapy, like for forever, I have no desire to have them do surgery and my eyeballs like ever.
Speaker 1: And it's only twenty minutes in a dark room. I think it's once a day. I can't remember if it's once or twice a day, but I know it's at least once a day. So you know, with these colorful lights in your right, I mean, twenty minutes out of your whole day, I would try about anything first.
Speaker 3: It's well worth it, especially that you know twenty minutes compared to what the recovery time is for cataract removal surgery.
Speaker 1: Right, I would.
Speaker 4: I would for that any day of the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild, wild, wild, and it does have like real This isn't like snake you know, salesman stuff. This has got real JAMA studies. This is where I got a lot of my information from. I mean, it's it's out there.
Speaker 3: Oh and people that don't know what JAMMA is, it's Journal of American Medicine.
Speaker 1: Yes Association, Yes j M J A M A so yes, And and they've got these things including tons of all this research for seasonal depression or bipolar for all this stuff. And it's like really impressive on the numbers and percentages. I mean, not that it cures something like that, but it decreases the symptoms greatly.
Speaker 3: And well, yes, because it regulates your hormone production.
Speaker 1: Right right, wild to me that they wouldn't try that first, But then we get back to money. Right.
Speaker 3: So the one thing since you mentioned the seasonal effective disorder aka winter blues syndrome more seasonal depression for a lot of people. And why is that because in the winter, how many people go outside? No one, right, and so people don't get any kind of sunlight. They're shut in literally all the time in the winter. They get no sun and so the hormones that you need to keep your body in balance and a constant state of calm, those decrease greatly during the winter. And that's why a lot of people identify with the winter blues or seasonal effective disorder.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the treatment is pretty simple. It's this getting the sunlight, even by the artificial dawn on lights, and it's a gradual rising like it would be if you were outside, you know, watching the sun come up or that's the best thing, I mean honestly, but if you can't do that for some reason, if you get one of these lights, they say that this works really well, like it gradually comes up. It's only twenty minutes of your day once again. I mean it seems like a no brainer to.
Speaker 3: Me, but right, because how much how many people waste twenty minutes in the morning, literally every single day, when you could be doing something that's beneficial.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, not only does this treat seasonal effective disorders, depressions, sleep disturbances, sleep disorders of literally all kinds, whether it's insomnia, narcolepsy, all of that kind of stuff, dementia because again we're on the chemicals that are released from your brain. Chronic fatigue syndrome, which is a dandy diagnosis that is a very common diagnosis nowadays because they don't understand why people are so tired all the time. So it's just classified chronic fatigue.
Speaker 4: We already talked about the.
Speaker 3: Eye conditions acne, pariasis exima, all of the skin conditions, things like that, fine lines and wrinkles. It is really great for wound healing. They use light therapy phototherapy in a lot of wound healing centers because it's really good for tissue regeneration. It also is a hair loss treatment. UH treats again other skin stuff like roseaceous so that's when women get older, especially women, you will get red patches on your face and on your neck. It's common from you know, loss of pigmentation in your skin and things like that. So it's very good at stuff like that. It's also used to treat skin cancers like basal cell carcinoma, which is the most common one because it's the most superficial one. And like I said, hormone regulation and hormone production. So if you think about how much of your body system relies and depends on hormones to keep the body in balance and in check and in homeostasis, hormone production is extremely important, not just for sleep, but for temperature regulation, moods, weight, skin, hair, nails, teeth, literally everything.
Speaker 4: They also use.
Speaker 3: Ultraviolet stuff for teeth whitening, if you've ever seen that. And those are literally just a very small list of the uses and benefits of phototherapy.
Speaker 1: So and we're not saying, okay, people are gonna come at us and say, but it goes as cancer. Okay, hold on, so does sunscreen first of all, But I'm.
Speaker 4: Not sunscreen more so than the actual sun.
Speaker 1: So there you go, and I and they'll say, well, you get older from using it too. You know it'll it'll aid you in sunspots. And okay, it's true. It's just like this. You could take an aspirin for your headache. It can kill you if you take too many. One is good, ten is better? Is this is an American thing that it literally even upwards with addiction that you know people don't understand. Are opioids dangerous? Yeah? Are they needed? Yes? How do we differ between the two? One is good, ten is better? That's the problem right there. It's an addiction mindset, no matter what it is.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, how about use discernment because some people will use their stove for heat in the winter, right, yes, and that's great if you're standing over it trying to warm your hands or whatever, even outside over a fire. But are you gonna want to hold your hand in that fire? No common sense would tell you don't do that.
Speaker 1: Most of the treatments I've seen are twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: I don't know what hindered percent yep. And so.
Speaker 3: Talking about like skin stuff and things like that. It boosts your melatonin in your skin. It you know, has an effect where it also boosts your serotonin, which is your feel good hormone. So if you're not getting regular light, hence why most people have depression, anxiety, things like that, Because like I said, you have two types of vitamin D in your body, you have inactive and active. You have to have sunlight to activate your vitamin D. Your vitamin D is important because it will shut off interlukens and things like that that cause you to have like autoimmune or histamine responses things like that. So if you suffer from a lot of allergies, a lot of asthma, fleara, a lot of you know, like widespread body type symptoms or whatever, it's because your vitamin D is not activated.
Speaker 1: So and some people do have I'm unfortunately one. I literally don't absorb it. Like no matter how much they shove in me or how much I go outside, it doesn't matter. I'm one of those unfortunate, weird people. I don't know if I don't have enough. Well, I'm very white. Maybe it's like you know, linked with pigment. You know, they don't know, but they do continue to try and shove it down my throat regardless. I go outside in the sun all summer, I'm camping, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Something and that's like for you, like your inter lukens and stuff like that are literally in hypermode all the time. Hence the weird like allergic rhology and things like that that you experience. Yep, so you had talked about at the beginning of the show resetting the circadian rhythm. So that is like uber important people that have sleep disorders of all kinds, even trouble like going to sleep, staying asleep, waking up multiple times during the.
Speaker 4: Night, also a cordisol problem as.
Speaker 3: Well, but it works on that it inhibits your melotonein synthesis.
Speaker 4: It restores collagen.
Speaker 3: So ladies and gentlemen, if you have fine lines, wrinkles, saggy skin, stuff like that, collagen is important not just for those things, but collagen is also important for any kind of cells in your body. It is at a cellular level everywhere in your body, so that you know, it stimulates production of that which is great because as we age, we lose collagen. It regulates your nervous system again because of the hormones and the chemicals that are released. It has a sterilizing effect. So not only sterilizing, you know, like during the pandemic, it was a big thing where they were using light therapy or whatever to sterilize surfaces and stuff like that. Hospitals use that all the time as well as positive pressure and stuff like that in rooms. But it also has a sterilizing effect in your bloodstream and in your cells, where it can actually get rid of free radicals and toxins that age us. So that's a good thing. It expands your lung function because again it helps with collagen production, which makes your cells elastic, so it makes them able to stretch and contract and things like that. Same thing with your bowels. Think about that. If you lose the movement in your bowels because of collagen loss, you're not able to go to the bathroom. So it regulates blood flow and circulation. So instead of using things like beet root and stuff like that, you can actually use phototherapy to improve and increase your circulation. It can regulate your blood pressure, so it can raise your blood pressure or lower it depending on which light frequency that you use. Like I said, regulates free radicals. It has hormone regulation headache regulation because if it's improving the circulation and the blood flow, that's going to make your brain less likely to constrict, which is what causes a lot of the headaches and stuff. Not just your blood vessels and stuff, but also your muscles. They're gonna work better so you won't have some many It unclogs your lymphatic system, so people that get a lot of swelling, puffing us in their face, things like that. You can actually use light therapy to help you drain your lymphatic system a lot of times. If people have certain kind of cancers like lymphomas or whatever, they can also use light therapy that helps to regulate that drainage of the lymph which is what our immune system is built on. So that's a good thing. Works for pain reduction anywhere in the body. It increases your synovial fluid in your joints. So this has been a godsend for me because I have or get what's called a Baker cyst on the back of my knee, which means that the synovial fluid and my joint will try to leak out the back of my knee and then it forms this giant ball and it's very uncomfortable and very painful and stuff. So people that have a lot of issues, especially in the knee joints or the shoulder joints. Whenever there's synovial fluid or lacking cartilage, that actually helps to build that up again, which lubricates your joints, so that increases your ability to walk and stability, mobilization. Things like that, uh clears up vision, which we already talked about, reduces swelling. So again, people that have swelling either in their face, their hands, their feet, their legs, especially people with like diabetic aeropathy, stuff like that very beneficial for them and reduces fatigue. And why because it stimulates red blood cell production which will do creature fatigue.
Speaker 1: So and if you guys want to look at some history of this, look at diseases such as rickets, look at old fashioned treatments. Back in the day, hospitals used these big sunlit rooms for the beds and they were like a green room is the best way to, I guess explain it. But they also had big open porches for TV patients so that they could go out in the direct sunlight to help them. And that is how many people survived. Like honestly, which.
Speaker 3: Believe it or not, was also part of the COVID protocol and a lot of hospitals correct sunlight.
Speaker 1: And don't go out in the sunlight if you're at home, because they definitely wanted us all to catch it. But it seemed silly to me, and that was something we really amped up at home, even though the parks were closed, and they said that they didn't chase us out. So we took our kids every day. I mean, they were going crazy anyways at our house. So we just did that, you know, for about forty five minutes or so a day, and if we got kicked out, we got kicked out, found a different park.
Speaker 4: You know, it was Chrisa.
Speaker 3: And think about how many times they want us to be inside and you know, kept indoors and and so they they push video games and movies and TV and stuff like that. Like back in my day, when you got up in the morning, you ate breakfast and then you were outside until it was time for dinner.
Speaker 1: Yes, and look at this. Look at the big trend in the sixties and seventies even into the eighties and nineties of sun tanning outside. Now, I'm not saying that's a good idea to be out there all day, especially at the top of the hour, okay, and be getting this gorgeous tan. I mean, yes, it's going to take a toll too. Too much of a good thing is always too much of a good thing. But you didn't see a lot of obesity on those beaches back then. Like I know our food is also to blame, but like there's gotta be some correlation there.
Speaker 3: But also, you cannot detoxify your body from things that are in our food or water or anything like that without getting the proper amount of sunlight, which provides the vitamin D synthesis and the hormone production and all of that stuff. Your body's not going to work properly to get rid of a lot of toxins without that.
Speaker 4: It's imperative.
Speaker 1: Well, and the fact that we see such a drastic change after that time. Like I've said, I'm not saying don't be careful or whatever. If you're out in the sun for eight hours, for hem's sakes, I mean, use your mind. Like obviously that's not going to work out, especially at the highest point of the day, right, But farmers knew this. That's why they got up early. That's why they'd eat lunch at that time or early dinner. You know, it's so important because it's going to make you if you don't get in that natural synthesis with your body and this melatonin cortisol production under control at what time it's supposed to be. You're going to get up and want to eat in the middle of the night. You're gonna want to do some things that naturally you wouldn't do. We don't see animals do it, you know.
Speaker 3: We don't mean except the skunk and the possum that like to come to our house late at night and get in her grill.
Speaker 4: But that's besides the point.
Speaker 1: They're looking. They're on a different scavenging level, right, I mean normal. I guess there's always those exceptions that are more nocturnal and everything, and we get that, but look at their eyes. Those nocturnal animals have very different eyes than like a regular mammal would.
Speaker 3: So absolutely, yeah, yeah, And it's it's very important for us to think about when you're thinking about going out in the sun. Like Heidi said, don't do it at the peak time. So don't do it at noon when the sun is directly overhead. That is when it is brightest and strongest. So first thing in the morning or in the evening as the sun is going down are the best times. Of day to get sunlight, and like you know, like she said, if you stare at the sun, it's literally like fifteen seconds.
Speaker 4: Is all you need.
Speaker 3: If you can do it for longer, great, you don't have that is literally the minimum.
Speaker 1: And we're not saying go stare at the sun. We're just putting out information because I know somebody will hit us with a disclaimer. And I get it. We know that what we've been told since eons and eons. But remember this in the nineteen thirties, the sunglasses came in nineteen thirty two, sunscreen started up right, or put it on. If you are going to be at a water park for eight hours, you probably better take it with or you're gonna pay the consequence. Okay, but you best do some research in what you're putting on yourself and figure out what is the best way to do this, what's the best product, What hasn't been recalled two thousand times? Like I mean, you can get it at the dollar store. That's great. I'm not saying their brands aren't you know, good or whatever, but I think you should do some research. Just like anything else you put in your mouth, your skin is the largest organ in your body so.
Speaker 3: Well, and for people that's never heard of it before, you can actually get an app called Yuka.
Speaker 4: It's y u Ka.
Speaker 3: I think that tells you, like, if you're looking for you know, sunscreen or makeup or whatever, you can do a search on there and it will tell you the cleanest brands that are on the market and whatever you're looking at, whether it's food products or whatever. So I highly suggest getting that because that will help you tremendously in your search for stuff.
Speaker 1: And it probably won't be the aerosol misting wonderful, like the more convenience, just like food, the more convenience it is, it's the worst.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, do you know how sunscreen, cooking, spray things like that, how they.
Speaker 4: Do the propulsion system?
Speaker 1: No? You share?
Speaker 3: Hmmm, Well, it's flammable. So it is generally a petroleum or pro paane based system. And so if you're thinking about wanting to, you know, use product when you're going out in the sun, and you're using something that has propane in it that's highly flammable, that's also toxic because you sure wouldn't want to drink pro pain. Do you want that on your skin?
Speaker 1: Right? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Do you want that your eggs in the morning for breakfast? Probably not anyway, And it's hard.
Speaker 1: It is hard to I'm not saying it doesn't take more time or it's not annoying. You know, we get it like it can be. And I'm not saying don't cover up your spots if you have something like malasma. Okay, this isn't a cure all for everything. We've got certain things that this is not good for. But also, like I said, you've got to weigh it and just be wise, Like really, if it's twenty minutes in the sun or even fifteen, if you know your skin, your redhead, you can't take it that long. Okay, adjust it like do that math. But I think that you know, it's just like, Okay, would you go ground outside in the middle of dead, middle of winter with no shoes and socks on for an hour? Probably not, you know not. You know you're gonna adjust things for the time and you personally.
Speaker 3: Well, and not even like so much as like people staring at the sun. But even if you're outside, your skin absorbs vitamin D and other nutrients from the sun, and so if you have exposure with your skin, if you take your shoes and socks off. You know, you get sun on your feet or whatever, You're still absorbing what you need to absorb in your body. Great if you can actually look, but you don't have to because you're still absorbing, which is still.
Speaker 4: Better than not. How about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I just think it's important for us to do our research on everything that's available, not just the newest thing available, because oftentimes the newest thing today may be outlawed your run.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's what we were Her and I were talking about this before the show because I am not a fan of anything that comes out that's being pushed by like all the doctors all in a craze on X or like all the Instagram influencers, and they're all pushing this supplement or this product or that product. If it is new and it's just come out, there's not enough information on it to know that it is okay. That's why this caught my attention, and that's why a lot of people have asked about this. Because one of the crazes on Instagram right now is a product called it's like luminous or something like that, and it is a facial wand that you can use that uses the different light therapies. And I was like, hmm, interesting that that is now like a mainstream thing because light therapy has been around for a very very long time. But it's interesting that they're just now coming out with this for your face, and you know, it's like an instant facelift and all of this stuff. But anything that's new, I highly caution against it un till it's been out for a hot minute, right, yes.
Speaker 1: I mean check the studies, you know, do your research. There's also some weird things like sunspray. Have you seen this again? We're getting into propulsion this weird sun spray that's out and I'm like, ah, that sounds like weird.
Speaker 4: I've not what is that I've not heard.
Speaker 1: So it's a weird sun like it's like a treatment and it's sort of like making fake sun in a can. That doesn't even sound safe. I missed sunlight missed, this says, so.
Speaker 3: I can only imagine how many chemicals that has in it.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it talks about all the blue and the red and all the things, but it's saying, you know, you can use this therapy spray.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not saying it doesn't work. Because I don't know, but I do think this. I think you should do your homework. It's a very expensive, like one hundred and forty dollars for like a tiny little thing of it.
Speaker 3: Oh all, yeah, I would like to read like what the ingredients are in that, because I bet there's some dandies in.
Speaker 1: There, and you know, they go upwards of hundreds of dollars. And I'm not saying like, if you went to a dermatologist and you trust them and you want to go do that, that's fine, But I think you should always with anything, write anything, research it. I mean, just because it's good for one, like retinol is really good for people with severe acne, it doesn't mean I'm going to put it on every day. I don't think that's something I need extra on all my issues, right, I have all these weird allergies and stuff. I'm just not gonna same thing for like everybody does botox. I'm not gonna say anything bad if you want to do it, But for me, with all my allergies, I think I could probably end up with a paralyzed face. I'm not really.
Speaker 4: Willing or paralyzed body period. Yes, yeah, I mean I'm glad you.
Speaker 3: Brought up the botox because you know, we were talking about it like therapy being good for the skin.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: One of the things they literally push on females all the time is hyaluronic acid. And you know, all of these revital lift and all these products for your face. Right, Like I said before, as we age, we lose collagen, and so that's why we get the fine lines, the wrinkles or deep wrinkles, whatever. And so when you use facial products like that that claim to boost collagen and stuff like that, it is not true because they do not penetrate your skin deep enough to make a difference at all. And so you know, even people that take like collagen powder and stuff like that, you're probably not going to see any benefits in your body from taking those. And if you look at things that are in collagen products that are on the market, same thing with like workout supplements and stuff like that, there are a lot of very dangerous chemicals and additives that are in those products, and so I would definitely caution against that. I will say that if you use there's a lot of different essential oils that you can use on your face that will penetrate that I actually are collagen boosting, those are actually good for you.
Speaker 1: And make sure you know your history because somebody like me with eelers downlow syndrome, if I increase my oral production like taking a collagen and say it did happen to absorb, it's actually bad for me because my body's not going to know how to process it, because that's my whole problem. And then you can end up with a whole bunch of you know, other problems. Yeah, and that's sort of it.
Speaker 4: That's the same.
Speaker 3: Like people, it's all raged to do all kinds of detoxes and stuff right now, so great, but you need to read like Chalating of Minerals and stuff like that, because when you're when you're doing a detox like that heavy metal detoxes and stuff like that, you have all these free particles that are floating around in your system and you have to have something to bind them to, right, And so people, influencers and stuff that are out there selling all these products are not telling you the whole truth. So you need to do your research. And and everybody has Google, everybody has access to the Internet these days.
Speaker 4: Look stuff up.
Speaker 3: Don't just take somebody's word for something that this is going to be great look for you.
Speaker 1: And if it sounds too good to be true, let's be honest. I mean, if it really is all the rage and okay, everybody's doing it and this is this and that's that. I always just think back to the fen Fen thing. People had holes in their hearts after this.
Speaker 4: Trend Ben was weight loss for people.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and it was a medical weight loss, much like what we're seeing right now. I guess we should have done one on that.
Speaker 4: That a good show coming up.
Speaker 1: If you want to poison your body with you know, giela monster poison, that's up to you. Same thing. If you want to take a tablet that could potentially if mixed with the other tablet both by theirselves, they're perfectly fine. Together, they're dangerous. Did it work? Oh? Yeah, it worked? It worked so good. And I know because I was on it and so was my grandma. And my grandma had irreversible heart damage completely had to get like all kinds of issues from it. She died of heart failure later. And yeah, did she get a settlement. It wasn't worth her heart. I'm pretty sure she would have liked to live past seventy something you know, like it's just not worth it sometimes, like you look at these things and you think, Okay, what else can we do? We always want the easy thing, But the fact is ninety percent of the time that easy thing is going to land your grass in the hospital with a small ball obstruction. And that's real. You guys might want to check that out, But I think we should probably do one on radical weight loss things because it's just so dangerous.
Speaker 3: Because that's the current fad, right, and it's all over TV and there's commercials for all these different plays is doing all these different weight loss things. And here's the thing about your body, and this is no different weight loss parasite cleans et cetera, et cetera. How many years have you been on this earth? How many years have you had to screw up your body?
Speaker 4: Right? And so.
Speaker 3: Like starting even like a parasite cleanse, all right, it's gonna take you a while to expel parasites because you have had a lifetime to build them up. Same thing with your weight loss. There's nothing that you can take where it's gonna be overnight and tomorrow you're gonna wake up twenty pounds later.
Speaker 4: If you do it's probably very dangerous.
Speaker 1: Well, look at all their faces when we talk about this one. I do definitely think we should when we talk about this. I mean, there's literally something and I don't want to get in trouble for spinning out a brand, but called some thing pick face because I don't I don't want to get in trouble. Here starts with an oh, ends with a pick. We'll just say opic face because I don't want to get in trouble. But you can fill in the blanks. And honestly, I have literally known people like literally in my family that have ended up in the hospital with small ballobstruction. Can I prove that they and and then there's like this long term therapy that goes along with this, Like the people that went off fen fen immediately gained all the way back. You guys think that's gonna happen, Like, come on.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing is, you know they they will sell you these things in a pretty bow, right, But unless you can make the dietary and lifestyle changes that go along with it, it's.
Speaker 4: Not gonna fix anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, So so yeah, you're dieting, uh and and whatever, but you're still not giving up sugar. You're probably not gonna have wholehearted.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, outcome that you want to have. And if you go back to eating your regular diet again with processed foods and all of that stuff, your weight's going to come right back, and you're probably going to weigh more than you did when you started dieting.
Speaker 1: It's like the grapefruit water thing. There's been so many of them over the years. I can't remember all of them, but there there's all these fads all the time. And I'm not saying that's not good for you. I think it might be the vinegar one, and that this and then that, and they're all probably good for you. But is it going to be a miracle. I think if it were like people would do it more and stay on it more and not fall off. And then, like she said, you're going to gain back. It's usually your weight plus twenty. And being somebody that doesn't have a regular regulated thyroid, trust me, I wish there was something because for what I eat and how I am in my life, I should weigh like a buck thirty at most, maybe a buck fifty because I'm tall. But that's not reality for me because I have no regulation system for my body. But I know that and knowing that if I did do whatever I wanted, I would be it would be bad. So you just have to adjust. You know, you're going to be different. Each person is different. That was my biggest thing in twenty twenty was like, this is a blanket thing that they're doing and saying for all these people that are all so different, that doesn't make any sense and it never.
Speaker 3: Does no, And that's you know, like we have talked about this before that not everything works for everybody, So not every diet works the same for everybody, not every product works the same for everybody. But know your body and know what your limitations and your maximums and stuff like that are, and even with stuff like supplements and things like that, because can you do damage to your body from over supplementation, Absolutely absolutely you can.
Speaker 4: And you and I'm toxing the dieting.
Speaker 1: There was this recent lady that I saw on TikTok or somewhere. She died of starvation because she only ate fruit or something. I was like, what the hell are you doing? There had to be something inside of you that went, yeah, this seems like I don't feel good today. Okay, we're back to Karen Carpenter here. This is getting weird out there.
Speaker 4: And if you.
Speaker 3: Don't feel good every day, then you should make some change, you know, to your lifestyle and see how that goes right to be able to boost your body's natural ability for energy and strength. If you're eating all fruit, all vegetables, chances are you're going to feel like doodoo because you're not getting the nutrients that you need from meat, and you're also ingesting a butt load of sugar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and what is your body?
Speaker 3: What does your body do in response to high sugar. It's very fatigue, very tired. You don't sleep good, You constantly feel sick all the time or cold all the time or whatever.
Speaker 1: So it don't start twenty things at once, Listen. The best advice I can give you is do one thing for a couple of weeks, at least fourteen days, and see if that thing makes a difference for you. Because we are all different, you know, maybe what works for Janet isn't going to work for Heidi and vice versa and whatever. We're all different people. But I can tell you this, like certain things are no brainer. The earth and not wearing shoes twenty four to seven. I don't walk around the whole area with no shoes, but going outside with no shoes on for a little bit of time that never hurt anybody, you know, unless you're gonna go walk on pavement, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Unless you're going outside to stand in a thing of fire. Ants, don't do that. That's not advice.
Speaker 1: And you know, the sun is there, like I mean, look at the native cultures that they worshiped the sun. I mean literally they some still do and so obviously there's something like obviously there's something to this. I mean, they knew. So when you look at that primitiveness and primitive culture, don't just go hog wild, but maybe look at their life and say, I could do this a little.
Speaker 3: Well, And see that's buddy that you mentioned that, because that was the original phototherapy, right. So, like I said, earlier, westernized medicine didn't go, oh hey, sunlight is a great idea back in the eighteen forties, you know what I'm saying. It took us a while to not be stupid and to realize that sunlight and colors from the sunlight are important things that ancient cultures and civilizations did do a lot of sungazings and worship things like that and why because it's healing anyways.
Speaker 1: Yep, and open open roof buildings too, yes, like all that. Yeah, it's wild to me that we see these things, you know, kind of just phased out. And it's more wild to me to think people don't understand it's probably not good for you to be in artificial light twenty four to seven all the time in building that you weren't really made to live in. Let's just get honest, you know, right, and.
Speaker 3: Think about the filtration system inside those buildings. Right, And so if you're worried about cooties, being inside a building is the worst place you could possibly be.
Speaker 1: And what was the first thing they did when people would catch colder get sick back in the day, They'd open all their windows. They'd open their windows, right, they see these people that were in the cold but still open windows. Well, they had a smarter idea than us because they knew about like, oh, air filtration, like to.
Speaker 4: Your point, fresh air. Yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Never see that in offices, I mean any hospital.
Speaker 3: That's why me, Like even when it is twenty below zero in the winter, I will literally put on a snowsuit and go sit outside because of the fresh air and because of the sunlight.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm only getting.
Speaker 3: On my face, but at least I'm still spending time outside instead of being cooped in the house all day.
Speaker 1: My mom is the same way. I call her snow white. She has really weird She'll go outside. We live in kind of not a city city, but it's yeah, it's it's city ish, you know, it's not the farm. So but she goes outside and she's had a stork come to her house. And she has neighbors like I mean close ish, you know, not five miles, not a mile, none of that. She's had a wild turkey. It's like they know she's out there. I think it's one hundred.
Speaker 3: It's the it's the wavelength and that's why like your energy puts out and animals can pick that up. That's what Greg calls me that too, because like there's always like hummingbirds coming or frogs hopping over to sit on my foot or whatever.
Speaker 1: Chicken and she's got a chicken in the neighbor's chicken ran away and lived at her house. I'm like, what is going on with you? She's like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I love that though, animal therapy is a good thing too.
Speaker 1: Yes, it actually that is very healing. And we're starting to see more and more, like in old folks homes they'll have you know, the little dog that comes to the old folks havee lives there, or a cat. Even at the school, the school has gotten a dog. And I think that's really good. I mean, obviously you have to watch it in training and that it I mean, I get it. People will say, oh, my kid's allergic or you know, I get it. But also it's good for those that can participate.
Speaker 3: So with this light therapy business, there are several different forms that you can take with light therapy.
Speaker 4: They have.
Speaker 3: Sunglasses that are the different colored things, so they're not your regular you know, filter out the sun type glasses or whatever. They're actually color therapy that like say the color is yellow and you need the yellow for whatever reason that you need yellow, Like the whole thing is yellow, the lenses, the frames, all of it is yellow. So you can get sunglasses. You can get like a like what's yours. It's like the dome that goes over your face.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I have this funny mask my husband bought up for me. It looks scary. I was gonna bring it down here because it looks like a scary mask.
Speaker 4: It looks you can.
Speaker 1: Change the colors. Yeah, and it is. It's cumbersome, a little bit to put on. I can't say I've been devoted to it. After we started talking about this, I'm like, yeah, I should do that more. I think the the nightlight thing that wakes up like natural sunrise is maybe more easy, you know, but it's not direct for skin either.
Speaker 3: So so they have the like she has. They also have domes that you can get that like if you lay on your back, it goes just over your face, or you can have a bigger one that goes over your body. They have literal looks like a sleeping black bag that you get into and it wraps around you. Those are ungodly expensive. I mean we're talking thousands of dollars. Everything is a different price point. But they do have on Amazon. And this is a light therapy machine that comes on a stand with adjustable height and stuff like that. It's got all the different light colors stuff like that. It is literally sixty dollars, that is it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Sixty dollars may seem like a lot for a lot of people. However, like I said, there's different tiers of you know, what.
Speaker 4: You can get.
Speaker 3: You can do just the facial wand you know you can get those for sixteen dollars or less. The sunglasses, I don't know how much those are. I don't remember. But there's all different price points for light therapy. So let's talk about the colors.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So red is the first one, and this is on that roy GBIV scale. It's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
Speaker 4: That's what that means.
Speaker 3: So on the red scale, it increases your respiration rate.
Speaker 4: So people that have.
Speaker 3: Asthma or COPD, difficult debreathing things like that. Red light therapy is fantastic for people like that because it expands your lung function, increases your respirations. It enhances people's metabolism. That's why you will see a lot of health spas, tanning facilities things like that have red light therapy beds available because it does increase your metabitalism, which is going to help you process and maintain your weight. It also can be used to raise blood pressure, so people that have very low blood pressure issues or whatever. Red light therapy is good for you. Activates your circulatory nervous system. So people that need improved circulation things like that, or you're having issues with frequent headaches or confusion, things like that. Red light therapy is good for you. Orange, like Heidi talked about before, is an energizer, so it energizes your body, reduces localized fat, and eases digestive system discomforts. So people that have, you know, Crohn's disease, things of that nature, alsortive colitis, stuff like that. Orange light therapy is great for you. It also is very good for patients to have asthma and bronchitis. And why is that Because it's an energizer.
Speaker 4: It helps us to.
Speaker 3: Repair and expand lung function and things like that, so that's going to be a great thing for you. Yellow is the one that is a cleansing effect and a blood purer. Fire also increases neuromuscular tone, and so people that have flacid or weak muscles things like that. Yellow therapy is great to help regenerate some of those things that are going to make your muscles stronger and more toned. Also stimulates happiness, so this is another thing that they use for depression, seasonal effective disorder anxiety or yellow in general is known as a happy color, not just for light therapy, but in general. That's why a lot of daycares and stuff will paint yellow because it's shown to have a calming effect on people and makes them happy. Green Light therapy is a relaxant and also fights depression. So people that have frequent migraines, headaches, things like that, green light therapy is really good for you because a lot of times when you get a headache, it's constriction of your muscles, your blood vessels, things like that, so that's good. Also regulates your petuitary glands, so people that have hormonal issues throughout their body. Petuitary gland is your primary regulating source for your body. It produces tons of different hormones. So if you have petuitary tumors, temperature regulation issues, weight regulation issues, thirst problems, things like that, skin, all that stuff, petuitary gland therapy is going to be done with the green light therapy. It also calms your nervous system and helps you sleep better. So I have a headboard on my bed that has different light therapies on it, and so every night I go to bed with green light therapy on my bed. I set that before I ever get in bed, so it's always on green.
Speaker 4: That helps with sleeping.
Speaker 3: Now there are different shades of some of these colors. So a strong green, which is a darker green, is regenerative stimulation, and so that's when your cells are going to regenerate, your DNA's going to get stronger, muscle fibers, tissues, things of that nature. It also helps to fight infection, and so if you're somebody that gets chronic infections or something because you have a weakened immune system, strong green light therapy is great to use. It also slows down your metabolism, so for people that have maybe massive digestive issues or some kinds of cancers, that makes your metabolism very rapid, makes you lose muscle tone, It makes you basically eat up all of the minerals and stuff that are in your gut. This is a good therapy for you. Also has a calming effect any green light therapy does. Blue light therapy calms your breathing and heart rate. So if you are having an asthma attack, or you have bronchospasms, things of that nature, blue light therapy is good. It also lowers your blood pressure, helps with sleep and headaches and reduces pain. So people that have joint issues like I do, blue light therapy is is fantastic for that. Strong blue reduces stress and nervous tension, lubricates the joints.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: Sonovial fluid fights infections. Indigo helps eye inflammation, so people that get like the you ever see the people that have really swollen bags under their eyeballs, so that helps to take out that that swelling. It helps with cataracts. This is one of the ones that they use and the syntonic therapy for the eyeballs. Excuse me, because indigo is very good for ocular fatigue anything like that. So if you have vision issues and you want to do the vision glasses and to go as a great color for you to get because it's very beneficial for eye growth, reach generation, and things.
Speaker 4: Of that nature.
Speaker 3: Purple is a muscle relaxant, also relieves headache and arthritis, purifies the body, and assist with dedoxification. So if you are going to a health spa, a lot of times you will see purple therapy in there.
Speaker 4: And that is why.
Speaker 3: Pink eliminates impurities in the bloodstream, cleanses the body, strengthens veins and artery. So again, people have circulation issues things of that nature, or if you have like aneurysm stuff in your family, pink therapy is great. White light, which is the last one, stimulates production of serotonin, regulates sleep, and the nervous system provides energy and helps reduce the effects of seasonal effective depression.
Speaker 4: So and a who's if you're on that list.
Speaker 3: If you have some of those issues, try some light therapy because it might help you.
Speaker 1: And you said you've been using one on your forehead and that it was really working. What was that one? Which color is that? Guy?
Speaker 3: I have one that has multiple different colors in it. So I do the red light therapy and then sometimes I'll do blue or green.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'll do the endigo.
Speaker 3: Like if if I get like real dark circles under my eyes or something, I'll do the indigo one. I've done the blue light therapy before. I do the lymphatic drainage frequently.
Speaker 1: With the light thing or a different thing. Okay, you said it's been working good.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 3: And then because I have that Baker's cyst that comes up with the synovial fluid on the back of my knee. A lot of times I will use the blue light on that to get that swelling out of my knee and get my my joint to reabsorb that fluid instead of bursting and running down the back of my leg.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's not fun. Yeah, that doesn't sound good at all. And but it's nice to hear somebody. That's because I got the face thing and it was very It was fairly expensive. I mean, it wasn't hundreds. I think it was a little over one hundred. Yeah, but but I didn't I wasn't diligent with it, so I couldn't give you guys like, yes, this definitely works. But Janet she has been so, I mean she can say, yeah, it actually helped decrease her wrinkles up here and stuff.
Speaker 3: She said, So, I still got some wrinkles, but I have deep wrinkles as I am definitely in the almost on my birthday this year, I will qualify for the senior menu if that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so it has definitely helped because I don't have as many, like around my mouth, these are not as deep as they were. So while I still have some and they're not completely gone yet, I'm still working on it.
Speaker 4: I'm still.
Speaker 1: It would look weird if we got older and we never aged.
Speaker 4: I don't drink.
Speaker 3: Baby's blood and things like that, so you know I don't. I do don't do regenerative stem cell therapy and things of that nature. I will not do botox. I will not have plastic surgery done. So what happens, I will.
Speaker 1: I will tell you what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will not.
Speaker 1: I'm a no on most of it. I'm a no on almost all of that because the injections in I'm I'm just scared like I'll get some weird bad side effect because that's my life, right. But I will do a removal I would take off if I get a turkey neck. You better believe I'm cutting that off.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like that that that face thing is really good for this because it drains that lymphatic tissue and bright.
Speaker 1: I just know when I was young and I saw and I'm sorry, she's passed away, so it's okay, my great grandma, and she would like talk and it would move, and I was like, oh my gosh, is this like a thing? Is this gonna happen? You're also the reason, yeah, also the reason my fat ass will stay about the same size, because if you have drastic weight loss at like past forty, which I'm almost fifty, it's probably not unless it's for your health reasons. It's better to do slow reduction.
Speaker 3: Right absolutely, because what happens with a lot of people that especially people that choose bariatric surgery, then they have to go in and have like a tummy tuck or a lift done because you removed all of the fat cells right that are underneath your skin, and so your skin literally droops and SAgs, and it is a lot of times like holding a trash bag because it is just so it.
Speaker 1: Can be really bad if you're young. This is one reason why I had a daughter that had She had an abnormal cortisol production to the point where they kept checking her for I can't remember cushings, and she was what they called traveling cushings, which is weird because that doesn't normally happen. But it would come up and down and so it wasn't they can't treat it. They were like, well, it doesn't meet the criteri but it did the last time, but it doesn't today. And it was just so annoying, and she would gain so rapid it would be like twenty five pounds bam, and then never lose it. And then this would happen every so often. And by the time she was twenty, you know, things had gotten serious. We were upwards almost three hundred pounds at that point, and I mean, she was so depressed. She couldn't do the things she wanted to do, but she was young. And I finally just told her, if you think you really cannot get a handle on this, because we had tried a lot of things because it was hormonal, and we had talked with the doctor and he's like, honestly, I would do it sooner than later. And she did have the bariatric surgery where it's not the it's like the full where they cut it, you know, where it's not a band or anything like that. And honestly, she did really well. But she will need a tummy tuck. You know. She didn't get it everywhere though she was young enough. Her arms, her legs, those things kind of recovered. If you're at a certain age, it's not gonna work. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're at a certain age, there's nothing you can do other than a tuck unless you literally don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because your sin will hang off of you.
Speaker 3: Like Heidi said before about her grandma, we call them a turkey neck or a turkey wattle where it just swings and that like the skin on your arms, the skin on your stomach, literally everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I told her, you know, she's got in a committed relationship and so I don't think she really cares. I said, but the thing is, someday do the tummy tuck. Wait till you have kids. It's a waste of money. Right now, you know that in her chest will probably need a lift. And I told her, you know what, either way on that one with before babies, after babies, that's not as important. You could do it still. You know, they've come a long way with reconstruction, and you know she could still breastfeed most likely usually you still can, but not my decision to make. But the bariatric thing was really scary, you know when we did that with her and we didn't know what we would, you know, experience, and she got way too thin and was almost terrifying. And now she's getting she's normalizing. She's had a hard time with that actually, which was weird because she got so skinny. Now she's just thin, not skinny. She's just like normal thin, and I see that way more healthy for her because it didn't show as bad, like her face started changing and her hair got thin, like all these were things.
Speaker 3: You know, it was scary because when they when they do that, and we used to have to do like the the pre physicals for stuff like that, and they have so many hoops to jump through, and like our our state, they had to go through like a psychiatric exam and you know, all this medical stuff and Ekg's and her test and blah blah blah blah blah before they were new the surgery. And then it's like after this surgery, like teaching people like you could eat like a teaspoon of this and you can't ever have pop because the carbonation expands in your stomach, and you know, all of these things, or you're going to have to take liquid vitamins because you're not going to be able to absorb anything because you know, all of this stuff, and there was so much that a lot of times if people would read what the post surgical stuff was, they would decide they weren't going to have it done.
Speaker 1: It was so much, and it was for her, and you know, Back then, they took it more serious. I think when we when we first started being exposed to this, one of my friends did it, and I would work on different floors because I floated, and they would have like the protein little thirty ccs and it was liquid aminos all this stuff, and they would come and make you do that. And now they don't do that anymore. They're just like, oh, just drink some water. And I'm like, this seems like it's gotten really relaxed.
Speaker 3: Relax that's because all of those people that are not still taking those you know, aminos and the vitamins and stuff like that in the liquid form, they're going to be deficient. And so they're got lifts because they're going to develop all kinds of stuff and who knows, they could actually develop scurvy because they're not getting if they're supposed to get.
Speaker 1: I was always we would have that pro stat or whatever you know, for and now they just don't do that, and I'm like, this is weird that they've changed that much. And I was concerned about it. I was like, I think we should buy this ourselves, you know, And it does make me worry, like is this the best way they're doing it anymore. I've seen a lot of changes where you know, they're doing it for people that I mean, I've known people that have had that surgery or band, especially the band, that are only like forty pounds overweight. I'm like, are you insane?
Speaker 3: You know, like, and that's the things the doctor performing that surgery, that's not a great doctor. If they're allowing somebody that's only forty pounds over to have that surgery done.
Speaker 1: You should be morbidly obese. And now they've defined that as basically forty pounds overweight. Everybody's morbidly obese. I mean, you know, I'm like, that's stupid, Like this should all be calculated. They're still using the weight charts from like the nineteen thirties and forties. I mean, are you silly?
Speaker 3: Like we lie because they can tell more people that their BMI is over what it's supposed to be and so, oh, you know you're probably gonna die of heart disease or whatever.
Speaker 4: Let's put you on medication.
Speaker 1: I want to tell people one to it. This is a funny thing that has nothing to do with light therapy, but it is funny. My husband, for anybody that's seen my husband. He is a force to be reckoned with. At almost fifty, his like body mass index is perfect, and he's got no fat and he's you know, he is the picture of health for most men. He's yeah, yeah, he really is. And and he works out every almost every day, you know, he doesn't usually on Sundays. I mean, he's just really dedicated to weightlifting and all this stuff. And he's all natural. He's never taken any kind of weird he doesn't even take supplements really, you know, he just just normal. And he's always been really dedicated to his health. That way. His cholesterol and his he is almost he's pretty diabetic. He and granted some of this is genetic, Okay, his cholesterol is high. All these crazy things. Then I eat the same as him. I'm the one cooking the food, so usually you know, and mine where you see me. I'm a curvier woman. I'm not obese, but I'm definitely not thin. You know, all these things. My they called me and said, well, we have to report your cholesterols high. And I thought, oh my gosh. You know, I was really worried about this, and they said it's your it's your good cholesterol. And the doctor really wants to wonder what are you eating? And I was like, I don't know, like normal stuff, Like what do you mean? And they had me a little worried for a minute, and they're like, everything's perfect. Your blood sugars really get all this stuff. And I just thought how funny. And and that is the difference in genetics, because really I'm a hot mess express on my health, I am not. I am not the picture of health. If you saw my blood stuff and you didn't know me and didn't know my history, you would think, wow, she's really healthy. Hot mess express when it comes to the health.
Speaker 3: What was it you said before, like the cockroach that won't know or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm super ineffective at dying and I just you know, but I'm always trying to. I'm just sucky at it. My family's glad. But it's funny because he's never sick. He never has any Yeah, like he doesn't have the problems that I have. Okay, But yet if you went off just blood results and you didn't know anything else, you would think I was hit like vice. It would be vice versa you know that goes for.
Speaker 3: His Like even the cholesterol stuff and whatever is very outdated because way back in the day, like three hundred three point fifty was normal cholesterol, and they keep lowering and lowering and lowering and lowering those numbers. Same thing with blood sugar, and the more cholesterol you have actually better it is because it's a protective for your brain. People that have higher cholesterol levels generally do not have Alzheimer's and dementia and things like that because.
Speaker 1: The triglystriides is what you want to watch. That's what I always tell people when they're talking about, oh my colester, I'm like, look, I'm not trying to be crazy here, but just look at your triglystrides and cut your fatty foods, like honestly, if that is what it is. And I'm not talking about butter, okay, I'm talking about McDonald's.
Speaker 4: That I was gonna say that.
Speaker 3: There's a very big difference between fats. You have good fats and you have bad fats. So regular oil your butter is actually a healthy fat for you, you know, and bad fats are are thing. Oh and things like fatty steaks and stuff tallow things like that, or healthy fats. Avocado is healthy fat. Eggs are healthy fats, but you know, like canola oil and stuff like that. Cut that shit out. Cut out margarine, cut out fake butter. Don't eat that stuff. It's very, very toxic for your body.
Speaker 1: Right and honestly, like just try to make I always tell people this, if you can't change everything, change one thing. Change how many days you eat out a week, Change where you eat out. Look, at this point, it is the same to go to Mickeyd's as it is to go to get a food somewhere at a nicer place. Okay, it is eleven dollars for a value, mil I am not spending that when I could go to Zupas and eat a salad and soup. I'm not saying you have to have a salad. You can get a sandwich. I don't care what it is, but like it's probably better quality over here.
Speaker 4: Makes hard choices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really not that big of a change. But if you're forced into that, try and do that. Try and you know, oh, I'll pay the three extra dollars to get a healthier whatever it is. It's nothing is price effective anymore. It's not saving your money.
Speaker 3: No, No, we talk about that all the time. How like going for fast food is the same as a sit down yes night.
Speaker 1: You can get it to go. You could get to go at a nice dining with a real hamburger from like, I mean as real as going out is okay at Red Robin or somewhere right like, you could go have that for literally the same price, especially if you don't get a drink and you just have a drink at home. It's the same. And you know, I'm not saying that I'm perfect in any way. People watch me, I drink a soda. You're gonna see me drink a soda. I'm naughty. But what I did is I used to drink.
Speaker 4: Three a day, very naughty, by the way.
Speaker 1: I'm naughty. And I went from three a day to one a day. And I'll tell you what, Like you want to talk about dropping weight on an accident?
Speaker 4: Good way, I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: My go to used to be mountain dew. And so when I was working twelve thirteen, fourteen hour shifts, I was found in the mountain dew and I stopped mountain dew cold turkey, and I kid you not, I lost like fifteen pounds in a week.
Speaker 1: And you can even have sugar, Yeah, you could even have sun tea with real sugar if you're not gonna cut your sugar, but then you have control of how much sugar isn't in there. So it's it's these things that you can do, and if you can get down to where you don't put sugar in it, even better. But I'm just saying, like, here's your steps where you can say. I always tell everybody. My mom's like, oh, I drank too many cokes a day, and I'm like, yeah, you can't do that. You know, I love a soda and I'm not drinking diet that. When I drink all my SODA's a it tasted bad be I ended up with cancer, so I'm not doing that. I'll just bite the bullet and drink one a day. And my kids laugh, They're like, it's usually a half because I won't drink it as soon as it's warm because it tastes a crap. So I'm like, no, I just or flat. It's just it's only good for a minute, right, So I'm like, it's as it should be. And then I just and it used to be weird for me because I grew up poor, and it was like, Okay, I don't want to waste it.
Speaker 4: But it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I'm like, just throw it down the train.
Speaker 4: Funny how things change.
Speaker 3: But like I grew up in the era where we belonged to the Clean Plate Club, right, and so they would make food, they would put it on your plate.
Speaker 4: You had to.
Speaker 3: Eat every everything on your plate, even if it was stuff you don't like.
Speaker 1: And now big it was weat and bigger food. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, if we have something and I'm like this is gross, like this has like got the worst taste or whatever, I'm like, throw that out because that was nasty.
Speaker 1: Well, and with my kids, we changed from the Clean Plate Club to because that's how we were, and they would give us like big pork chops, just crazy portions for a child, right. Me and my brother both struggled with waight. I think because of this, and we understood that there was price tags with it and it does mess with your head. So with my other kids, I had done that my two older kids. Now it's different dads, so it could be genetic. But my two older kids had harder time. They did have problems with their thyroid and whatnot, so I'm not counting that out. But my parenting changed and we went to the one bite rule, and my two younger kids don't have it, and we actually with our younger youngest daughter and it drives us crazy because she's got a high metabolism and she eats every couple hours. Really she does two and a half fowers. She just would want food. But we never make her finish anything. If anything, will put it in the fridge for later, because sometimes she'll want it, but sometimes she doesn't. You know, we just don't do that. And you know what, she never has struggled with her weight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the thing I mean they you know, I don't think they understood what they were doing with the club thing. And you would literally like there are so many foods like I can't stand today because growing up, like we would have the same meals on the same day, like every week, and so we would have like stammon patties and boxed macaroni and cheese and I don't eat that anymore. Or we would have like liver and onions and Brussels sprouts, and you couldn't reheat anything because that we didn't have a microwave. And so the longer it sits, the colder it gets the growth circuits, so cold gross sprouts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you. I have I have had some good Brussels sprouts as an adult, but they got real fancy and they were like roasted balsamic crusted. It's not the same as what we were served as children.
Speaker 3: Do I have PTSD from some of the foods growing up, and so yeah, I can't.
Speaker 4: I cannot.
Speaker 3: Everybody's like, oh, you haven't had my Brussels sprouts. Nope, I haven't had any Barssels sprouts since I was a child, and I will not be partaking.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 3: No, you could literally have the best Brissels sprouts in the world, but I'm not gonna eat them.
Speaker 1: It's not for me. I get it. I'm that way with a lot of gamey meat. And it's just my stepdad was a hunter and everything was flamingo ps. That's what they would lie and say it was. First of all, I'm not I'm not a gigantic. I gotten better about eating me as i've gotten older, but I was never into it that much. Now I do like certain you know, like steak and stuff, and it's fine, but like venison that hasn't been aged.
Speaker 4: I'm very gamy if you don't take care of that.
Speaker 1: And I think I might have an allergy because even when I've liked it, like from a butcher shop where they did something to make it less and I didn't know and it tasted just like beef, I threw up. So I'm like, maybe I have some issue here, you know, but they would force it and so yeah, it's I'm with you. I've never ate that ever.
Speaker 3: Again, Yeah, venison is not my favorite thing. Now I can do like venison jerky or summer sausage, but like venison steaks and stuff, no, because I've had so much that was so so so gayy.
Speaker 1: And I mean even when I did immediately puke. So either I'm traumatized real or.
Speaker 4: It's the it's the trauma thing I'm telling you. Even like I could not.
Speaker 3: Eat catfish oh until like my older years, because like so much catfish that I had growing up tasted very muddy and tastes like I'm literally out there slurping on a mudpie.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think, oh, there's better ways to do this stuff. But like I said, I think, I really think there's something to these different lights that like are like the sun. And I also think, because we are talking about the sun, I also think they messed with the sun. And I know how that's going to be taken. I don't care. It's different color than when I was little.
Speaker 3: Well, and they've been, you know, like the Gates Foundation has been working on quote blocking out the sun for a long time.
Speaker 4: And why would they not, right.
Speaker 3: Because it has health benefits and so well it won us to have direct access to something and help.
Speaker 1: The different things that they seed the skies, which which you can look up. It's real, it's changed in our era. It was sulfur that they put up there a lot, and so sulfur is very yellowing and it doesn't have as much hazardous effects on you as barium, which is salts, which they're using, and barium will make things. Salt is white and and so I'm not saying they took away this. I'm just saying I don't know what they are doing, but they have done something, and I'm assuming it's what they spray up there.
Speaker 4: Has well, and there was I can't remember what the.
Speaker 3: What the name of the company was, but it was last year, I want to say, like August September ish where they came out and said, you know, here's the sun that we produced or whatever. I mean, it was a news story and so like dual suns and stuff like, is that like are they trying to like do some kind of times revelation type stuff.
Speaker 4: But I know.
Speaker 3: That the whole you know, wanting to block out the sun and stuff like that, is literally to keep us sicker so that they can force more pharma stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and then they can definitely make it so that you can't grow your own food, you can't sustain yourself, you can't do all these things. And you know, Bill Gates is the largest owner of farmland in America. Only second is the Mormon LDS Church. So, and the Mormon LDS Church is the number one shareholding of their stock market portfolio is Microsoft. So I'm just saying, when you see a handholding like that, yikes.
Speaker 4: Right, run the other way, run quick.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's not It doesn't bode well for any of us. I don't care if you think they're the most best people ever. Like that tells the story of the top.
Speaker 4: Hierarchy in my opinion, and I'm not in it.
Speaker 1: Exactly. And it's scary.
Speaker 4: I'm at the bottom one percent.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's scary when we're when we're watching the torch holders, you know, lock up all the heirloom seeds and you know, make friends with corporations that they shouldn't have anything to do with. Huh weird.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, thinking about the photo therapysed of Also, grow lights are a big thing, right, so people that want to do like hydroponic gardening or you know that kind of stuff, you can also get grow lights that you know a lot of them are like green light therapy or whatever. And so that's interesting. So you know it works if it helps you grow plants, yeah, exactly, so on or whatever you're growing.
Speaker 1: Any whatever plant you're planting. Yeah, there, it is.
Speaker 4: Not up to us, is not up to us.
Speaker 1: Not against it, just don't Actually I think i'd before it, so people weren't buying some random weird stuff because I think they're poisoning that and I think people should be very careful.
Speaker 3: I agree, because the strands are different. They're they're genetically modified and manipulated from what it used to be. And so how you know, like it's funny like in the conspiracy realm, right, people are like, oh, this conspiracy, that conspiracy, but they smoke copious amounts of weed.
Speaker 1: Well you know.
Speaker 3: That's also genetically manipulated speeds are genetically manipulated, you know. And it's like, so they're marrying this with this genetically modified one, then they're creating like a questionable monster. Yeah right, you know, and you have no idea how that affects your brain chemistry and stuff.
Speaker 4: Other people see it way before you see it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and it's not a swag. Yeah, it's not the days of schwag out in your backyard like this.
Speaker 4: It's not that.
Speaker 1: And now my dad, my dad took one puff off of his neighbors. This has been years ago because he's been passed for a while, and he said, have you tried that new pot? And I said, pot makes me crazy, dad, And he goes, well, I took one hit off my neighbors and fell off my patio. I was like, yeah, it's not it's not the same anymore. He's like, well, I should say not. It like literally made him nervous, you know, Like yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, And that's the thing is, you know.
Speaker 3: That's that was my point though, is that the people in the podcast community, Conspiracy World or whatever, like.
Speaker 4: Oh, I won't eat this food, or I won't drink that, or I won't.
Speaker 3: Do this or that because of the way it's manipulated, but they can't see it when it comes.
Speaker 1: To stuff.
Speaker 4: That's like or mushrooms or anything else that.
Speaker 1: They have been you're getting it, you gotta know, not just if you're growing it, not just where you get it from. Right, where is the seed from? Where is I mean, all of this matters. So yeah, I feel like it's not a bad thing. I just feel like in access anything is bad number one and number two. If you don't know where your sources or where those seeds are coming from. Even if you grew it yourself, you have no idea what monster you're you're choosing to eat or smoke. Yeah, be careful with that. So with all that, that.
Speaker 3: Was our That was our pot soapbox for the day. Hope you enjoyed that and followed debt logic. So do you have anything else to say on the light therapy.
Speaker 1: No. I just think it would be great if we all tried it out for ourselves and then you know, come back together and see maybe people couldn't even write in and let us know how it went. Would be interesting.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: And I, like I said, I I know it has done wonders for me. On several different fronts so far. So I'm excited about it. I'm happy about it, and I think it is way more mainstream now that it has ever been. I'm a firm believer in meeting people where they are as far as price point wise and stuff. That's why I threw out a bunch of different options for stuff, you know, because you can go as cheap as you want or as expensive as you want to go on this. I would love to have one of the blankets that are like the sleeping bag thing. However, I don't have three thousand dollars wow that so that's not going to happen time soon. I would go outside and lay on the concrete before I would pay that much money for.
Speaker 1: One same they'se same these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So thank you again for joining me. I love you dearly. Where can people find you at?
Speaker 1: My dear Absolutely, I am Heidi Love of the Unfiltered Rice podcast aka The Mormon Slayer is named by a Cult Rejects Nick Shout out Nick. I am on Cult Rejects quite often now as a member of the cult reject crew. And then also I have my own website and you can check that out on Filter Drives podcast dot com, or you can check me out on Spotify, which I'm dropping episodes usually now about every other day, so check me out there.
Speaker 3: Very busy lady, so crazy for me and for Heidi. Thank you for joining us for another episode. If you have not already, you can go watch the video episodes of this on the Rumble channel, on Deplorable Nation, or any podcast platform available for the audio version. And as a special bonus, if you have not already checked it out, please go check out my new Christian music album called Divine Light from Anchor and Flame. I would appreciate it. If you like it, share it. If you know somebody that could benefit from it, share it with them as well. And thank you for joining us and we will see you next time. Have a great one.