Speaker 1: All right, we're going to Glastonbury. We've good Jared on the line, who went on a first date and I was getting ghosted.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Jared, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hey. All right, so welcome to the show. Tell us about this great first date.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I went on a great date with a woman. Her name is mel short from Melissa, and I took her to a really nice Italian restaurant. Okay, we sat outside, the weather was perfect, and the conversation was smooth, was great. I honestly felt a real connection, and you know, I reached out to her after the date. But I'm totally getting ghosted, and I kind of want to know why.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's one.
Speaker 1: When you guys are at dinner, did you ask anything about her?
Speaker 3: Did you try to get to know her?
Speaker 1: Or did you talk about yourself for hours on end like the last time I ever went out on a date with a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I asked her everything. We Uh, okay, I'm good at that. I promise you know. I'm not like just like me, me me, you know.
Speaker 1: And you didn't do anything gross like blow your nose in the napkin or anything, right, because I've seen something.
Speaker 3: Oh, of course you didn't hug the free breadsticks and salad and soup that they give you the Olive Garden.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, nope, not at all. You didn't do too many bread sticks?
Speaker 3: Okay. Please tell me to bring you to the Olive Garden? Please?
Speaker 2: Did you it was not the Olive Garden? Thank? Okay? It nice Italian restaurant.
Speaker 1: Okay that the don't as the resident Italian, I don't care.
Speaker 3: The Olive Garden is fabulous anyway, I mean.
Speaker 2: Just a little more updale.
Speaker 3: That God ever shared? Did you pay for the day? Okay? Man?
Speaker 1: It sounds like to me, you're you're outside, You're you're having wine, you're.
Speaker 3: Eating fabulous food, the conversations full. It sounds like a great date. It was all right, Ron, we're gonna call her up.
Speaker 1: You're going to be listening in and you can join in on the conversation at any time. But we're gonna ask her why she's ghosting you. Are you okay with that?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: I think he's nervous. Can you tell he was?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I think he's nervous.
Speaker 4: I think you guys got a step saying that the Olive Garden is like good Italian food.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's where we're going for lunch. Not stop. Thank you, Courtney. I know she's wrong with me. It's wrong with the food.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: Hi is Mel, There, Hi Mel, it's Courtney, Mel. What's going on? It's Walmart, Jeff. Hey, Mel, it's Savannah.
Speaker 1: We're calling from Kiss ninety five to seven. You're on the radio this morning.
Speaker 3: Mal.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, you're on second date update.
Speaker 1: If somebody gets ghosted after a first date, they call us when we get answers, I will tell you.
Speaker 3: Jared called us. He said he had a great date with a woman named Mel short for Melissa.
Speaker 1: You guys, went out to dinner like an Italian restaurant, drank wine and sat outside. He felt a connection, and you're ghosting him.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, how how was the date for you?
Speaker 1: Because there's always two sides, mostly three sides to a story, but we want to hear your side.
Speaker 4: I mean the date was mostly good, okay, Like it was going well for a while, okay, And you know, yes, I at the beginning of it, okay, you know, I did no a connection and I thought I probably would see him again and all that, but then he just did something that just really kind of put me off.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I was wondering this. He said, he paid, he didn't overdrink, he was polite. What did he do that turned you off?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: So I'm a server and you know, like I said, most of it was fine, but that at one point he was he like snapped, get the we get our service attention.
Speaker 3: And wait, did he.
Speaker 1: Snap his finger or snapped like yelled at somebody snapped?
Speaker 4: Had he put his hand up in the air, like snapped his fingers like oh, waiter type of move, you know what I mean? And it just like it was really off putting, Like I hate when people do that to me. I just feel like it's so rude, Like I kind of just wait a minute, like you know what I mean, like, don't come back, you don't melt snapping your fingers.
Speaker 2: Mal nab Mels, Jared, I don't remember snapping my fingers at at the server, but I just raising my hand.
Speaker 1: Mel, I should like, you know, Jared's on the line. Go ahead, Jared. Did you really snap your fingers at the waitress?
Speaker 2: Jared, No, I don't remember snapping my fingers. I just just raised my hand. She was she was walking around with wine and our glasses were empty. I just wanted, you know, to get her attention. I apologize if I snapped my fingers.
Speaker 4: It's not like obviously it's all I'm saying, like, oh, you're a terrible person that hates your and it's just like I don't think I would date somebody that I like that at all.
Speaker 2: No, I get it. I did not mean to do that. I was just you know, having a really great time and I just, you know, I saw that we didn't have any wine. I just raised my hand and now I realized that, you know, I've never worked in restaurants before, so I I mean.
Speaker 3: The guy was just trying to get you drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mel, do you accept Jared's apology?
Speaker 4: I mean I do. Like it's not it's not the biggest deal in the world. It's just like, at the time, okay, it's a little you know, it was, yeah, maybe I did actually over rats a little bit. Like I feel actually kind of bad now that work talking about it and I'm saying it loud.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, maybe I did. It's kind of that a proportion a.
Speaker 1: Little, but well, it sounds like it was a trigger for you, mal like you know, sometimes you get triggered by things.
Speaker 4: Jared exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: Here's what I.
Speaker 1: Want to do, because I feel like it was just like a misunderstanding. You both said the date was great up until that point. Mal you thought it was a great day too. So I would love for you guys to try again, go on another date, and we will pick up the tab and pay for it.
Speaker 3: How about that.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with you. Yeah, I mean that's great. You guys really don't have to pick up the tab. I can do it. But that's that's so nice of you. Smell please.
Speaker 4: Sure okay, he.
Speaker 3: Said, please?
Speaker 2: Yay.
Speaker 1: I like that because I was gonna jump in and said, Jared, whann't you just ask her? And you jumped in and you asked her. So I love that you guys are going to go on another date. We're going to pick up the tab, and you guys keep us posted on everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, thanks,