Speaker 1: Hey, text us anytime at seven three seven three zero one ninety six one hundred, and in that seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred, we love hearing from you guys.
Speaker 2: All right, So Miranda Lambert Lambert she is mobilizing her nonprofit mu Nation Foundation to help people after the deadly storms that tour through central and South Texas.
Speaker 3: Here's what she said.
Speaker 4: And I you want to jump on here and say how devastated we are to hear about the floods in South and central Texas. I can't even come up with any words for the loss that everybody's suffering. My Nation Foundation is working really closely with Curville Pets Alive as we speak to try to get more info and figure out where the needs are to support the pet community and pet owners in this disaster. So y'all join with us and try to help out as much as you can and keep send in prayers and I'll keep you posted.
Speaker 3: That's cool, yeah, Mutt Nation.
Speaker 2: Mutt mut Nation was founded by Miranda and her mom back in two thousand and nine, and the organization is already raised over eleven million dollars to support animal shelters to promote pettit option and provide aid during natural disasters.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: I love when people use their big platform, like Miranda Lambert has to do really good things, right. Unfortunately, you often don't hear about it. I didn't know she had mutt Nation until now. You don't hear about them until really bad times, right, and this is certainly over there, right.
Speaker 2: If you're interested, you can donate at muttnation dot com. She said she's going to continue to keep everybody updated and encouraging her fans to send love and prayers right the people affected.
Speaker 1: And we're going to remind you too that if you want to donate to help out the people that have been affected by these flash floods, you can go to Community Foundation dot net and make a donation to them. We mentioned it yesterday. You know our listeners outside of Texas, this hits home for us. Kurville is what an hour and forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: US maybe two hours away, and you know.
Speaker 1: It's affected some people that we know and friends of theirs and things like that. So if you can help out, it would be greatly appreciated. Hats off to Miranda Lambert. That's cool. I didn't know she was a Texas Carl. I thought she's Smoklahoma.
Speaker 2: I guess I kind of did too. I don't know if I really ever thought about it, but I love it that that people who come to the aid of the state that they're from, right, you know, when it's needed.
Speaker 3: Right. So again, that website is mutnation dot com.
Speaker 1: Stay with us more coming up on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one, Austin's eighty station on three point one. I'm just gonna throw it out there, Tricia. A third of Americans have named their car, most of them. I think what they're focused on here are nicknames like the Beast or the slug or the Batmobile. Not like you, they give them real people names.
Speaker 3: I give him names that match my car's personality. That's why.
Speaker 2: Let's break this down. The root word and personality is person My car has a personality.
Speaker 3: They all do. No, they don't, they do machines.
Speaker 1: No, they're correct, they're so anyway, Trisia, what's your car's name?
Speaker 3: My car's name.
Speaker 2: My current car's name is Brigitta, Brigitta, Brigitta. It took a long time to come up with that too. It was almost shaboozy I liked Shaboozi, but we made Shaboozy her middle name Brigitta Shaboozi because we liked them both. But I also won't name my car until I get my license plates, because sometimes the letters in your license plates kind of spell out of word. Your car might be named with the license plates, so you gotta wait. There's a lot of factors that going into picking the right name.
Speaker 1: Now, my next question is going to tell me even a little bit more about you. Yeah, so this poll took it one step beyond personality, and they say that one in eight Americans think their car has actual feelings.
Speaker 3: Yep, Landry and I you believe your car has feelings.
Speaker 2: I will say this, We've been in the car and like maybe Brigitta has not the air conditioner has not cooled us down as quickly as we would like. And Landry will go, God, what's the deal with the freaking air conditioner? I'm as she will hear you not they get cold?
Speaker 3: You're ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I have to tell you about my mom and a car that she had long before I was born. It was a It was when she was in college, and it was you know, when you're in college, you kind of just get something that will get your point a to point me right.
Speaker 3: And her dad, who made a lot.
Speaker 1: Of decisions for her and her twin sister, like he decided everything for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He came home once with a I think it was a nineteen fifty nine Plymouth okay, right, and it was green. You know what My mother and my aunt nicknamed that car what a green latrine?
Speaker 3: Latrine?
Speaker 1: Green latrine is what they called that car because they hated.
Speaker 3: It so much.
Speaker 2: Not the green machine, which sounded way cooler there, the green latrine. The very first time I named my car, I think it was at right after I started dating you, and I got an Infinity and it was the fanciest car I'd ever had, so I named it fancy and we've been off from there.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you another story about the green latrine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, my grandfather worked for a packing house and he delivered meat. And the man that was a co well, he was got coworker of my grandfather's. His name was Howard Copeland. And there was a really bad tornado in her hometown in nineteen sixty two, and my mom gave the green latrine to Howard to use because his car had been destroyed and blown away in the storm. And I will tell you this, So I was Howard never forgot that. Every time my mother saw him, he always gave her the biggest hug. And my aunt two, my mom's twin, and gave him the biggest hut and talked about the time that he let she let him have the green latrine. Yeah, because his car was gone, so nice, Yeah, it was nice. Howard Cope a big giant of a man.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a meat packer. Yeh, big giant hands, you know what I mean? Yeah, who's that guy? So anyway, a third of you crazy, He's give your charge nicknames, a third of you do. So some more popular names. You want to know what they are? The silver bullet, very popular, Yeah, the slug those are self deprecating names, the turtle, and things like the green latrine.
Speaker 3: Stay with us more coming up three point one. The JB and Sandy Show starts at seven. If you missed yesterday's show, here's something you missed.
Speaker 1: If you want to help out the victims of the flooding in the Hill Country, you can make a donation. You can go to Community Foundation dot net in this community Foundation dot net. It's a fully vetted organization. It's been around since the early eighties, and they're going to get the money to the right people that need it. And boy, I tell you, I just am eternally grateful and always amazed. I shouldn't be because they do it all the time. What AGB does in situations like this, I don't know that I've ever known of a grocery store that's more locked into a community than agib is. And something that you may not know is that HIV started in Kerville, Texas in nineteen oh five, and that's of course where the massive flooding and stuff took place, and they have deployed there. They have an entire team of people that are disaster relief people that load up their trucks and get them going before anyone asks them to to the places that are in need that need help.
Speaker 2: I saw a social media post somebody driving down the road videoing a convoy of what looked like eight or nine hib semi trucks I'm sure full of aid and seven or eight eight like white trucks following in the convoy on their way to Kurville. Just start helping where they could. They did that also deploy them in marble balls San Angelo and I believe Bernie is as well.
Speaker 1: Right in the back of those AHB disaster relief right, I saw that same video.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, that's AID a company that continues to amaze, Like even when it's not disaster relief, what they do to a can do to a small Texas town when they come in, they're unbelievable. And you know a lot of it's because it's it's still a family owned company, corporate, corporate this they wouldn't do that, they wouldn't have this budget, you know, set aside. Uh, just remarkable. When I saw that same clip here talking about Trishia was like, doesn't surprise me, not at all. Really really amazing what they're doing, and you know, we'll try to find out more. I mean, I think they're just doing it out of their own pocket, like because we wanted to find a good place for you to donate right where it's vetted and we know that it's going to be good. That Community Foundation that you mentioned, you know, they dole out millions every year to grants wherever it's needed in the Hill country, that's their thing. Yeah, so yeah, you know, Sandy did some research of we were trying to find the best place to send you because we all want to do something right right and so.
Speaker 3: Definitely believe in that ATB has stepped up. Here's their statement that they put out over the weekend.
Speaker 1: It says, our AHIV family is heartbreak broken by the enormous devastation and loss caused by the flooding in and around the Curveville area. We are grateful to the local authorities, first responders, and volunteers for their tireless efforts. Kurveville, where our companies started in the Hill Country, have a special place in the heart of the ATIV family, a part of our initial outreach there. As part we are working closely with the Red Cross, local officials and first responders support their needs. Additionally, as Tricia mentioned, we have sent aid to support efforts in San Angelo, Marble Falls and other impacted areas. Our team are staying close to the hardest hit areas and will continue to provide needed support as these tragic situations evolve. We hold compassion strength for everyone who has been impacted, and we remain committed to offer unwavering support to our communities. We will update this page with any development. So AGB and those guys they get it. They do it right.
Speaker 5: Well, it's probably not just uh, you know, I think the items needed for the victims who maybe lost their homes or whatever, but think of all the they're probably providing food and beverage and all this stuff for all the all the first responders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then you know the the what is it, the I mean National Guard, National Guard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're all they're all converging there and working around the clock and they need supp right.
Speaker 3: Have you guys seen any of the rescue efforts. Yeah, we made I mean that that water.
Speaker 2: There was one video of I could not tell that it was a woman or a little girl being rescued, but there are four or five of the responders with ropes trying to get her and the water was just raging around them. Like, I held my breath the entire time I watched that video. I mean, and they're just out there doing it, and they've made the statement that they're not going to stop until every single person is found.
Speaker 3: I mean, the pilots of those helicopters are amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've rescued one hundreds. Yeah, I saw the last number I saw was too sixty something that they pulled out of there with with boats, with helicopters, with whatever they can.
Speaker 1: Right, it's and there's Stillatricia, did you say there were two young girls rescued as late as Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: I can't confirm it, but I did see a post that said two of the girls who are missing were rescued.
Speaker 3: It's latest Sunday afternoon, high in a tree. Wow.
Speaker 2: And I have not been able to confirm that yet, but when I read it, Oh, please God, let it be true. Right, So it's not just a recovery effort, it's still it's still a full on rescue effort.
Speaker 3: Right. That was from yesterday morning.
Speaker 1: The JB in Sandy Hour starts at seven this morning, or stream the podcast whenever you want.
Speaker 3: Search JB and Sandy on iHeartRadio apps one three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 1: Well here we are July in central Texas and it's just hot and we've had some wild weather too.
Speaker 3: So far this year.
Speaker 1: A lot of people have got some storm damage, and a lot of times that means roof damage and insurance claims. Hey, if that happened to you, My friend Scott and Stacy Feller and their team at Kangaroof are here for you. Scott and Stacy just introduce something really exciting thereby now pay later program. The timing of this is perfect. Even when insurance covers your new roof, deductibles mean thousands of dollars out of your pocket. Why not save theductible, keep the insurance check and finance the roof over fifteen years makes a lot of sense right. This keeps money in your pocket now and gets you that famous quality Kangaroof. Scott and Stacy are good people who have been helping our Central Texas community for over twenty five years. This is just the latest example of how much they care. Give them a call and ask about buy now, pay later. They really hop to it at Kangaroof. Find them online at call Kingaroof dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's JB and Sandy for our friends at Kowala Cooling.
Speaker 1: Scott and Stacy, the same great folks behind Kangaroof are the folks who bring you Kowala Cooling and Plumbing. Do you ever hear the JB the dog days of summer? And do you know what it actually means?
Speaker 5: It means you can't go outside you want to stay in your air condition home.
Speaker 3: I interpret that.
Speaker 1: True, but it actually has history with astrology, the ancient Greeks and the Dog Star constellation. Hey, that's great, great to know. But right here on planet Texas, I just know it's hot, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we hit triple digits in May, and I know we have hit triple digits in September. That's a long stretch. You want to get your home checked out and qualified. Yeah, you don't want your ac breaking down on the hottest days of the year. So go ahead and get the team from Kowala Cooling to come out and take a look.
Speaker 3: Like JV said, get your ac coqualified.
Speaker 1: Call them today at five one, two seven nine eighty eight hundred. I bet everyone's dying to know why almost all of the American flags at Disney World have the wrong number of stars. We'll tell you they're in care don't care. Thanks for being with us. I'm Sandy. This is Tricia over here.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official. Grab the podcast version of the show. It's available every single day. Just search The Sandy Show where you get your podcasts. Jessah Krey don't care to know a waffle house fun fact.
Speaker 3: Always care about waffle House.
Speaker 1: Second day in a row, waffle House has come up. I know, waffle House owns its own record label called Waffle Records, and its songs are mostly just played in the restaurants.
Speaker 3: Like they have a whole division that records own playlists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and their own record label where they have recorded and produced the songs and then just play them in the waffle house.
Speaker 3: Waffle Records, Waffle Records. That's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Next time I'm in the waffle house, I'm gonna make sure I pay attention to the music.
Speaker 3: They should sell them.
Speaker 1: That's plame, Trisha, care or don't care to know? Something interesting about almost half of the United States presidents of the past eighty years.
Speaker 3: Something they kind of a lot of them have in common. I mean, is I guess is it interesting? I just care? Don't care, Trisa, I mean, I guess, I guess I might uncare? Go ahead, all right, half of them have been left handed. Oh, uncare? Okay, okay, uncare.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's just a boring fact about a bunch of old guys.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of been I thought it was kind of interesting. I mean, to want to be president and being left handed anyway. Uh finally, Tricia, do you want to know why almost all of the American flags at Disney World have the wrong number of stars? I do care. Well, it's very, very tricky by Disney. You think that, you think Disney is the place where everything's perfect right right, But they do it so they don't have to perform proper flag protocols and lower all of them every night.
Speaker 3: Oh my lazy. Isn't that terrible lazy?
Speaker 1: They skirted around, They found a loophole in the flag protocolsh I.
Speaker 2: Mean, but to be fair, can you imagine how many flags that might be over the entire Disney property.
Speaker 1: But still break thist are just in sections. If you're in X, Y Z part of the park, you're in charge of taking the flag down.
Speaker 2: That's come on, Disney, You're better than that, Come on Disney.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Boy.
Speaker 1: The Fuzz asked me the other day if I had ever been the Disney World, and I have not. I've been the Disney Land, but that World. And then I was like, do you want to go? She's like, yeah, I've won the ghosts since I was like seven.
Speaker 3: Never taken her, We've never taken her.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to Disney Disney World, that's the one that's Epcot, the one in Florida, right until I was in high school and it was for a high school trip.
Speaker 1: I told her that I go. If that's the worst thing about your childhood, then you had a really good childhood.
Speaker 3: You're doing good market. That's care. Don't care.