Speaker 1: It is the Ben and Skin Show nine to some point one the Eagle. Don't forget Dallas Mavericks basketball on the air tonight. They are going to have the Brooklyn Nets in town, and there's rumors that both centers are going to be back.
Speaker 2: Maybe one we'll see.
Speaker 1: But you can hear all the action right here with Coop and demeris starting at seven thirty.
Speaker 2: Pre game starts at seven. Now.
Speaker 1: This segment is brought to you by a Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery there in Salina, Texas that Ben and I are partners in another great weekend out in Salina. But you can get us out and about all over the place, especially the big German, which is our delicious Colt style ale. And it's on tap at places like Pluckers, Kane Rosso, Fortunate Son, Good Friend. If you're going to the game tonight, it's at the American Airlines Center. It's in Hero right there. It's at Shop Shop right there. It's out and about now. We're also in a lot of different grocery stores and places like Total Wine and more. There's like eighty tom Thumb that you can buy Rollertown at hgb's on and on go to your favorite place, whether it's a bar or a restaurant, and if they're not carrying Roller Town Beer Works, ask him to carry it. Tell them, hey, Benny Keith is the distributor. It's real easy to get. You go singular. On Tom Thumb, that was interesting. You said there's like eighty Tom thumb, and that may be the right way to do it. Uh, I don't know the answer. I mean, I I don't know what I said, but I don't now, I don't know the answer. There's eighty they're an eighty Tom thumb. That probably was wrong. It could have been no Tom thumb's you would say eighty Tom thumb.
Speaker 2: I say, what did you say? On dime?
Speaker 1: Tom thyme? Tom would be one of those that it's a different word when it's oh, well no, no thumb is like fish, right, But it's not. You say thumb's not because you heard the phrase, man, that guy's all thumbs. Yeah, it's like, it's not that guy's all thumb, because then it would just imply that he was just like a big dowe like the body of okay, bold think about an arm that doesn't go into a hand, It just goes into one giant thumb.
Speaker 2: Would that be?
Speaker 1: Those are called butchers. Yeah, but right now it's time for this kill.
Speaker 3: That's how Butcher had a harrowing thing at the workplace.
Speaker 2: The herowin things harrowing. Who do you who do you.
Speaker 1: Guys think of our coworkers? Is most likely to get strung out on Heroin.
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 3: Sale?
Speaker 2: Yeah, straight to sales. I think we're all thinking of the same person. Business.
Speaker 3: Let's still a business today, Neil Kaifer, just say, let's do some business today.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: Neil Kaifer is the CEO of a hospitality group that was the parent company who created Hooters, and then they ended up splitting off over the years. He still owns twenty two Hooters restaurants. But Neil just did a big interview with Bloomberg. And the point of this is, in February, it was reported that Hooters is nearing bankruptcy. So instead of having to file for it, they do think they can stave it off a little bit.
Speaker 2: And here's what Neil's strategy is.
Speaker 3: He said that if we can rehooterize Hooter, maybe clean up the image a little bit.
Speaker 2: Hooter.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: He called it the rehooterization of Hooter, of Hooters. He didn't say the rehooterization. He didn't, so he went single Neil.
Speaker 3: So what he's saying is that he thinks that if we can stop the idea that in some parts of the country, the idea that eating it Hooters is a sin, then maybe we don't have to be bankrupt. And I'll tell you, I think he's kind of right, but I'm not sure his plans are going to work.
Speaker 2: I think it's this.
Speaker 1: I think I think the world shifted on him, and I don't think that. I mean, first of all, it is kind of like a topless waitress with top on while you get wings. You can't really take your whole family there, right have I would agree, kind of like a strip club light?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not but not. But I guess what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I agree with everything you're saying, But I'm saying, has there ever been a time where you can people bring their family Hooters?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But I'm wondering where has their Where is their share gone? It could be that people are just because people can see actual boobies everywhere. Now, that's what I think it is, that they don't need to go. Hooters exploded in the nineties, right, late eighties nineties, and that was before the pervasiveness. It was just so easy to get porn now, and so I think like dudes were more revved up to go see someone scantily clad while eating wings than they are now. Like the rev isn't there because like to Ben's point, boobies are everywhere he synthitized. Yeah, yeah, isn't that it? I mean, because I'm part of it for sure? Do you know the Hooters' origin story? No, So that Neil guy took a by out of a wing and looked up and I saw a giant boob right as he did it, and so really, oh my god, I as he was tasting the wing. Uh huh, and I actually he was eating a thigh.
Speaker 2: Oh, how's it not a movie? It is?
Speaker 3: Well, for here's the first thing they doing. They're gonna do away with hooters infamous bikini nights.
Speaker 2: What I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I had no idea is that is that the same as the thong night promotion. Christina, if you met my wife Kat and I told you that we met because she worked at Hooters, would you think differently of her?
Speaker 4: No, not at all. It would totally make sense. I'm like, yeah, she's hot, so definitely makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, let's go. What do you mean to the restaurant? Eat some wings? She's just being nice and supportive because she does. Right now, She's like, I don't know, a cat may have worked there. I think we all thought cat worked at the Hooters.
Speaker 2: Do she didn't?
Speaker 1: What about a Hooters that is classy and it's older women with and they're not like wearing like bathing suits, but just you can definitely see there's some cleavage involved when they bring you the wings in a classy ways.
Speaker 2: I'd like to what I'd like to do.
Speaker 1: My concept is to merge Hooters with the whole Poncho's idea. And instead of raising the flag, you honk a horn and it's called honkers horn, right, so whenever you want them to bring more wings, you honk the horn. That's you honk that and then the chick brings you.
Speaker 3: But they already do that. They get Cooters. That the place where they play the dukes of hazard themes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Christina, you've been to so Cooters is great because that's different. They're the the waitresses are bottomless.
Speaker 3: And Ben Jones the actor would famously you know, show up, you know, once a month to some of these locations.
Speaker 1: It was kind of a it's a different time, different era. I don't know, you know, it used to be so great to go there. I used to Yeah, hell yeah, dude, let's go eat some delicious wings and stare at boobs.
Speaker 2: Now I'm just like, man, that's just creepy.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember the last time I was out of hoop, right, and there there are some restaurants where that's their theme. You know, we're gonna sex it up. But I'm just like, eh, I'm worried about her, Like, what's her dad situation?
Speaker 2: Let's rescue her at I mean, she's just trying to get a paid check too, though, you know, I think.
Speaker 1: Like once Pluckers entered my realm, the wings are really really good. Yeah, and so I was like, I'm just gonna go to Pluckers and you can bring your own jugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's your Hooters News of the day, and din't think we'd have that now. It is the portion of the show that's called Kevin Force is something from SNL on Everybody.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's called Monday Christina. Yep, can we craak my audio up?
Speaker 3: Joanne Fabrics is a store I've never been to or really seen in person until on my way to work today I saw one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's well, not a ton, but there's some.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they do, but they had Joe Anne from Joe and Fabrics on SML and Saray not.
Speaker 2: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: WANs is more than just a store.
Speaker 1: It's a sanctuary for women who wear pants to the beach.
Speaker 2: Where are we gonna go? I don't know Target or Michaels.
Speaker 3: Michaels, Michael's Arts and Crafts.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you a little something about Michael.
Speaker 4: He raped me?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he didn't.
Speaker 4: You can't just say that.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what I can say anymore.
Speaker 2: She don't worry about it. You're going business. Who is that? That's a new cast member, Ashley Padilla. She's very good. Is she hot?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I mean what if she was working at a Hooters? Would you go there?
Speaker 3: Uh? You know, it wouldn't really change my if I if I want to go to Hooters, I just go. I wouldn't think of who's on the staff working today.
Speaker 4: She's not.
Speaker 2: She's pretty. I like her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen her before. Yeah, she's kind of her voice sounded like Kidie Gardner to me.
Speaker 3: See she's getting a lot of comparisons to both Heidi and Kristin Wig and she's not that oh yeah, but she's kind of her own thing. Okay, uh, just give me a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 3: I did not see the Michaels raped me joke coming though, And then no, he didn't. Just kidding, And she was like sniffing a marker because she's just like they're going makeup.
Speaker 2: I thought it's funny. Yeah, no, it was funny.
Speaker 1: So I don't I've seen this fabric store, but I'm you know, I've never gone in it.
Speaker 2: Is it women's clothes? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's fabric you actually buy to sew your own clothes or do whatever. I'm more of a Michael's person.
Speaker 2: So god, I can't imagine that's a good business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can make your own clothes or you know, some people will like, uh, re upholster.
Speaker 3: Chairs like that. This is some arts craft type stuff, fabrics stuff. Yeah, yeah, I had soundchy thing I know anything about. No, but I think it's it's kind of funny, like, oh, Joanne's fabrics. I've always heard of it, and then today driving in a soul one, I'm thought about going in.
Speaker 2: Really, where'd you see it? Because I don't think. I don't even know if I've ever seen a plane O Parkway. I had run to make a return. Hold on, hold on, hold on, what were you doing?
Speaker 3: I had to make a return of the PGA Tour superstore. I want some shorts that didn't quite fit me the way I wanted them to too tight. Now they're too short.
Speaker 2: I don't like these.
Speaker 3: This new trend of the shorts being way above the knees. Huh that all the kids are doing.
Speaker 2: It's not for me. You should at least get to the knee. It's kind of the struggle. Let the NBA goes through.
Speaker 1: Short Max Christy, dude, put your shorts down. Brother, Come on, you know Christina knits?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 4: I was knitting last night last night.
Speaker 1: I was, yeah, she's amazing. She'll go to a yarn store.
Speaker 4: That's why I go to Michael's. I get my yarn at Michael's. Until now, I didn't know what he's doing. I didn't know what he did to Joeanne.
Speaker 3: So that's going through it. Twenty three and meter file for bankruptcy. That's the genetics testing company and they filed for Chapter eleven because they got hacked. This was weird for them is they got hacked a few years ago, but they were huge during COVID. It's like a lot of people are spending money. Let's find out my ancestry, which I don't know. Do you really want to know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think you want to know. But it's like.
Speaker 1: I saw that people were concerned about it getting hacked, and they were like, man, you got to get your information out of there. I'm like, what what could be dangerous about that? It's no different than whatever is in your bank right now. But I mean they don't have my Social Security card or anything. They don't know that number, or they don't have my credit card number or anything. Right, So I think like there's just a whole generation of people, you know, or a couple of generations of people that are like, oh, so that's my dad.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I didn't know. I mean, I told you guys this.
Speaker 1: We have a whole new half sister on Trisha fat family that we never knew he had. And her dad was like, I remember that lady, seriously that he goes I remember her?
Speaker 2: She went back to Sweden right after our date. Never knew Wow.
Speaker 1: And then you know she reaches out to him when she's fifty. Happened to don Nelson? Was there contraception back then?
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, it just didn't feel as good. Christina? Are you going to play music before the MAVs?
Speaker 3: Shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got a little bit.
Speaker 4: I'm going to play.
Speaker 1: What are you thinking of playing the good stuff? I think that's gonna do it for us today. I feel like we ended on a high. Yeah, I'll never forget the time Kat looked Michael dead in his eye and he said.
Speaker 3: Maybe you've lost a step. Need a little more energy. The Low T Center.
Speaker 2: There's something you should maybe try out That sold it.
Speaker 1: Christina's going to play music for an hour and then we have MAVs pre game at seven right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: There're you going, well, I want to get my sack backed, dude, God bless Jesus.