Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one one Double JR. Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one Double Jrr.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, uh, before we get into rock news, let me use my amazing mind reading powers. Happy. Happy is the answer to the question many of you are asking at two two five, two six.
Speaker 1: I am so glad that you had that keyword ready because I didn't know what it was. Happy. Yeah, you enter that at our website for your chance to win one thousand dollars in rock the bank.
Speaker 2: You've got like another half hour to do it, so if you're driving, you're good.
Speaker 1: Just wait till safe to somebody else also asked if we gave way today's Metallica tickets yet. Yes, we did, but tomorrow we have Row three giveaway.
Speaker 2: You're listening for the double Dose each morning, then we're grabbing one hundred and first call. All right, onto some rock news here. I went on my annual rant yesterday after the you know the this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class of twenty twenty five was announced, and my bone to pick is that they even go through the exercise of having a fan vote, yeah, and making such a big deal of it when in.
Speaker 1: The percentage that it counts as is almost is one.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's what I wanted to really spell out specifically here. So Fish far and away the top vote getters in the fan vote category. Bad Company second. Bad Company did go into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and rightfully so, I've advocated for that for years. Personal opinions, oh, Fish did not at number one. At position number three in the fan vote was Billy Idol. Billy Idol did not go into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which is mind boggling to me, well mind boggling. It was also the first time he's ever even been in you know, nominating has been eligible for your same set for back. But anyway, set that aside, how does the fan vote actually work? Once it's all said and done, They take the top five fan vote getters. Okay, so the top five and you get one vote of the twelve hundred that are cast in all by members of the music community and record community. So there's twelve hundred. There's you get the idea. Our vote doesn't matter. It's one vote. So if if the other eleven and ninety nine voters have it in for Fish, they're not getting in. Same with Billy Idol and any other you know artists that you're like, well they should have been. They did well in the fan. Fan vote counts as one. So Fish get three undred and thirty thousand votes, it counts as one. Oh, I know, that's what I was saying, and it's you know what, I think. More and more people are starting to figure this out.
Speaker 1: I knew it, but more and more people are figuring out you know what, don't even waste the time to vote. As Pat said, if nobody voted after this news keeps getting out more and more, that'd be beautiful.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna have your little twelve hundred, you know, boys and Girls club, determine it fine, just be black and white about it. Yeah, let us know, don't even tease us.
Speaker 1: As so remember that next year, don't even waste your time to vote for the Rock.
Speaker 2: And Roll Hall of Fame. That is, voting in general is very important exercise. Of course, you don't don't want to be misheard here. Let me see what else we got here. The flagged a few things to talk about this morning. Sorry, my pages are sticking together here. Oh why is that Taco had him earlier?
Speaker 1: I mean, do you have a Lisa Lobe story or something. I don't know where that name came from.
Speaker 2: Sammy Hagar and Kirk Hammett are brainstorming ideas for a collaboration. In an appearance on a recent podcast, Hammett said he and Hagar are planning on writing a song called the Seven Sisters, which he said will involve an idea around aliens. While they haven't written any lyrics yet, Hagar said for the ride out of the song, we're gonna go into the part of Silver Lights from his nineteen seventy six solo album This would it'd be the first time the red rocker has written with aliens, as he penned Love Walks In during his time with Van Halet. Okay, so anyways, smoking to have some more tequila, Sammy Red Hot Chili Peppers get turned into Marionette's for the season four premiere of Netflix's Love, Death, and Robots. The animated animated anthology series was co created by director David Fincher. He directed the Peppers episode, which recreates the band's two thousand and three performance of Can't Stop at slain Castle. We're in Ireland where they're using marionettes. The episode premieres on May fifteenth on YouTube. If you want to check that out, you can see the trailer on YouTube. I'm sorry it'll be on Netflix, but the trailers on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Zz Top will be without drummer Frank Beard for the international legs in Australia and New Zealand as he continues to sit out doing physical therapy for his undisclosed physical ailment. The band did say that whatever it is he has that they're not disclosing, which is fine. The treatments have been quite effective so far, so he wants to continue doing that and the band will be without him as they go down Under for some shows. Peter Chris, former Kiss drummer, has revealed he's coming out with a new solo album, first one since two thousand and seven. The first one is almost two decades. He says, I have my new rock album to share with you Kiss Army guys coming out in the fall, and I really hope you like it and I want to say God blessed each and every one of you. He'll be joined on the project by guitarist John Five and bassist Billy Sheen. Pretty Cool, and pianist Paul Schaeffer will also be on. Peter Chris So that's cool? Like yeah. John Fogerty and Eric Church have teamed up for the NASCAR Cup series Anthem for the theme music when this set of races that's going to be on Amazon Prime gets going. Uh. The song, debuted last Thursday, is part of the new NASCAR and Prime Marketing campaign. Head of US Sports Marketing for Prime Video, Stacy Rosinston says Church and Fogerty's spin on on the song up around the Bend. He's a whole new energy and brings his brings and matches the energy of the sport of stock car racing and NASCAR in general. Such cool. I think Prime has I think it's four or five races they're going to be carrying here this season. Songs available to stream through Amazon Music if you haven't heard it yet. If you want to check that out. It will premiere during Prime Videos presentation of the Coca Cola six hundred on May.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that? I mean, I know you have Amazon and.
Speaker 2: Get used to it all these streaming services are going in on the sports. Yeah, streaming, it's there's big money there. There's big dollars to be made, and most people now these days have streaming services. I think the public is getting more and more comfortable with it, and as they've worked out the issues, for the most part, I think it goes off without a hitch most of the time. Yeah, most of the time.
Speaker 1: Whistlemania was the latest one, right right.
Speaker 2: Jillian Shriner, wife of Weezer bassist Scott Schiner, is doing court tomorrow for attempted murder charges.
Speaker 1: That is the kook.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was a yeah, So we'll learn more about that tomorrow. And finally told you about Gene Simmons a few weeks ago. This be my roady for a day deal where a fan pays Gene twelve thousand dollars to be his roady for a day.
Speaker 1: And you said that you're gonna tell us why Jean says the guy's doing it. I can tell you what.
Speaker 2: No, no dumbas know why Jane says it costs twelve thousand dollars. I'm sure there's plenty of fans that are more than willing to part with the twelve grand which, like you said, is dumb assery to many of us. But if you're a hardcore fan and you have the money, you know, who are we to Yeah, Jane says the twelve grand is required because quote the astronomical insurance costs. Yeah, Gene, I'm pretty sure I've been in this business for a little while. When you are out touring and you're you're on the road, you've already got insurance in place for the crew exactly. So yeah, maybe not individually, but you have some sort of liability insurance going. Otherwise it would be an unwise business move, you know, for somebody like that, I would think twelve grand, Tako, that is something that you pay him. Oh you do get to have dinner with him as part of the day of being a roadie, neat, so I ought to make it a real roady, experienced dinner. They give you something lukewarm that's in a styrophoam takeout.
Speaker 1: Container or a heating heating pan backstage, say, I'm not going to kiss shame anybody if you're willing to spend twelve grand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, more power to you. We suppose
Speaker 1: On demand, tell loady, I hearty, you wish to New