Speaker 1: Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended.
Speaker 3: Gather round boys, time to recap.
Speaker 2: But the post game coverage is just getting started.
Speaker 4: The success is the failure.
Speaker 5: Let's discuss this is Clippers locker Road breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Here's ad a moss.
Speaker 4: Led Clippers losing.
Speaker 3: Houston won eleven to one oh three in game one of this two game mini series.
Speaker 4: Welcome into your postgame show.
Speaker 3: I'm at a Moslin coming up your postgame box score and some second half highlights. Let's get back out to Carlo Jimenez though from Toyota Center in Houston. Acarli, you brought it up early on. The Clippers just got destroyed on the board. Something fierce. Coach Lou was looking for more energy out there. They went with the young guys late. They made a push, but it was a little too little, too late.
Speaker 6: Yeah, too little too late at him. They went from a nineteen point deposit to a four point evicit in eight minutes, but the young guys couldn't close down the stretch. I don't blame Tyl Lou in this ball game. Honestly, they were able to get comeback in this game because of that young group. You're gonna keep the young guys out there unable to close the door. I think in this contest, Adam, like you said earlier, a rare one, because it felt like the Clippers got how efforted today, which is something we really can't say about a lot of the games this season. They've been the team with more effort, with more energy, with more explosiveness. But it was Houston tonight the first of the offensive glass eighteen offensive rebounds, nineteen second chance points with the Rockets who forced the Clippers into twelve turnovers today and scored twenty points off those twelve turnovers. So you look at those hustle stats, that is thirty nine combined points off second chance and off turnovers for Houston, and that's really where they won this game because the Clippers at him. I thought they did a pretty good job of playing defense in the half court. They were able to knock down threes today, they got to the free throw line, they moved the ball really well, but it was the rebounding and the points off turnovers that did them in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, outworked out hustle by a team that has a lot of young athletes out there. So Coach Lou said, I'm gonna go with mine then late and it almost worked. I still felt like, obviously the storyline coming into this one was about Chris Dunn and the starting lineup, Terrence Man coming off the bench. I felt like both guys performed well in their new roles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, both guys really really did. Adam fourteen points for Terrence Man, that's a season. I seven rebounds, that's a season. I three assists, two blocks, two steals, and me have four stocks today for this Clipper team, blocks and steels combined. Jordan Miller I think was aggressive to the rim that play where he goes right through the chest of Van Vliet, finishes the left hand. You see this team on Friday, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Jordan Miller early. Maybe TYLERU feels like the Kevin Porter junior experiment is nearing its end. I know he's played well in the last three games, but a tough one for him today obviously, still though early in his NBA season and early after not playing the previous two CONTs or the previous year in total. So for the Clippers. A lot of things about here. For Tyler Lou, I think you know, this is group that's clearly a lot deeper than we thought. Something you mentioned at him that has more people available off the bench, and does how does TYLERU utilize that depth. There's a team in Golden State who's playing twelve deep right now and has lost only a couple games. Do the Clippers go that route? Do you go playing twelve deep? I don't know what the answer is, but there's multiple answers to this desk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you're back at five hundred at six and six, now you're searching for answers and trying to find something. But you know, I'm interested to see how it beats the Zubos responds. After this game where it felt like he was a little bit lethargic out there at times. They weren't finding him with the basketball as well. He got to go in a little bit early in that third quarter. It seemed to flip the momentum, but it was short lived. I want to see Big Zoo with a big response on Friday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it felt like in a game at him where he should have a big impact on this one simply because he had been aggressive, he had been effective. The Clippers had been able to get him in motion and in rhythm underneath the iron get him touches. But they went away from him early and never really went back to him until the start of the third and then never went back to him again. Avita zubots has to be a big part of this offense. I think that's one thing that's been consistent all year at him is and Clipper wins. He has been effective and just didn't get him involved enough. Today. The Clippers will look to ways to get him back in the action. I think, like you said, they tried to go small for small because they weren't rebounding the basketball. Maybe that's one reason why Tyleru decided to go to the bench. I mean, they were getting now rebounded at him and this one forty nine to twenty three. At one point. It finished fifty nine to forty two, but at one point it was nearly a twenty six point deficit on the rebounding battle. The Clippers just have to be better in that area against the Houston team. Adam that yes, they crashed the glass, they rebound hard. They're not taller than you. I mean Javari Smith is six to eleven, Alfred Shingun six to eleven, then we saw a little bit of Jack Landell. But their guards are six six sixty four by a vleet six to six and men toomin sixty seven. Tarrey Easton, who had eight milly shounds today, a game high, He's at six six. These are not This is not a tall, lengthy team. This isn't the Oklahoma City Thunder. They just crashed the glass with more effort, and that effort was the difference in this game.
Speaker 3: And we'll hear from coach lou post game, but I'm guessing this was him sending a message to the starters, to the mainstays that hey, you can be pulled at any time if you're not given that effort that we expect on this squad. I'm wondering if he and Jeff Van Gundy came to that decision as well. Not that he needs him to make it, but Jeff Van Gundhy is all about hustle out there. He's watching the defense, and this was the first time in a while it just seemed like the Clippers' effort seemed to wane at times. So far this season, just twelve games in Clippers lose won eleven to one oh three in Houston, to the Rockets. As Carlo mentioned, they are running it back on Friday. That will be an in season tournament game, same TIF tip off time at five pregame shows starting at four. Carlo, great call, Uh, safe travels back to the hotel. We'll talk to you on Friday.
Speaker 6: Long bust ride back out. Talked to you Friday. Emritts NBA Cup.
Speaker 3: Let's go coming up next second and half action with those highlights from Carlo Jimenez. Clippers were down nineteen early in that fourth quarter. They made a run with the young guys, but they came up short. They lose by eight in Houston to the Rockets. As you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers, Audio Network throws it off.
Speaker 7: The wind now finishes in the fowl.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles Clipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts.
Speaker 3: RADIOIP Clippers lose one eleven to one oh three in Houston to the Rockets.
Speaker 4: Welcome back in. I'm Madame Oslin.
Speaker 3: This is the official postgame show of your Los Angeles Clippers.
Speaker 4: Still to come here.
Speaker 3: We'll have Clippers talk for you on AM five seventy LA sports eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety eight seven two five seventy can also get to me at follow out of a And of course we're live on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk second half action in this one as we run through the highlights here quickly. Well, the Clippers were down sixty one to fifty six at the half, but in that third quarter it was opened up to a ten point lead at eighty nine to seventy nine heading into the fourth and quite frankly, the Clippers weren't even competing on the board, So Coach Lou pulled the trigger and went with some of the young guys out there, including Jordan Miller. As they made a run.
Speaker 6: Late Norman Palell at Jordan Miller in front of him, bounces it to Miller, lays it up, it's hacked, and finishes over the top of him. In Tomson, here comes Jordan Miller, muscles right to the rim through van bleet and finishes with a left hand. Jordan Miller spins and fines Man drives crosses over back to Miller left wing.
Speaker 3: Three balls eye, eight point game. Jordan Miller gave them a lift as did Terrence Man. Late Kobe Brown was in there. It was a mere coffee as well, even Bones Highland. But the Clippers just didn't have enough to close the deal in Houston, and they were down by as many as nineteen early in that fourth quarter. Clippers end up falling one eleven to one oer three in Houston to the Rockets in this first of two. It's a two game mini series, including an nd season tournament game, the Amirates Cup on Friday. More Clippers post game next here on Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network throws it off.
Speaker 8: The window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 2: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts Radio app.
Speaker 4: Clippers losing Houston one eleven to one oh three to the Rockets. Welcome back in. I'm Madame Oslin.
Speaker 3: This is the official postgame show of your Los Angeles Clippers. It's Clippers Locker Room coming up on AM five to seventy LA Sports. We'll have Clippers sock for you. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number show final box score here, the Clippers just got decimated on the glass. Clippers had forty three boards, Houston had fifty nine. Trust me, it wasn't even that close. Houston had eighteen offensive rebounds. At one point it was forty nine to twenty three. The rebounding battle in favor of the Houston Rockets. So coach Lou said, enough, if we're gonna have big guys out there and still not rebound, I might as well go small and try to get this game closer and lean into juicing up the offense. Well, they had it down to a four point game late, but Houston would make some big buckets. They prevail one to eleven to one oh three and send the Clippers back to five hundred on the season and maybe back to the drawing board in some ways with some of the rotations we saw in this one. Of course, Chris Dunn starting over Terrence Man, no surprise there. Terrence Man was struggling. I talked about it yesterday on Clippers Talk. Wouldn't be shocked if that move happened.
Speaker 4: It did.
Speaker 3: Then you saw Jordan Miller gains the ball game. Then Kobe Brown bones Highland interested to see what happens. Next we'll hear from coach lou postgame. Next ball game for the Clippers. They're staying in Houston. It's an in season tournament game, the Emirts Cup. First game for them Friday, tip off at five against the Rockets. Well, have your pregame show back here at four outside of Los Angeles. We were leaving you until then, but up next tier on a five to seven e LA Sports and on the YouTube side we got Clippers Talk.
Speaker 2: And with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended. Hoarding chudging.
Speaker 5: This has been Clippers locker road well postgame. Look, it's today's skin.
Speaker 3: Every game all season long.
Speaker 2: Thank you for.
Speaker 5: Joining us for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: In you're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: This is Clippers Talk on airon.
Speaker 7: On demand, the Clippers Show of Record.
Speaker 2: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 3: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 7: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 2: Here we are and now here. He is the host of your LA Clippers post.
Speaker 3: Game at follow Adam a Adam.
Speaker 9: Mosley Houston gives the Clippers all sorts of problems in the rebounding department as the Clippers lose one eleven to one oh three to the Rockets in Houston, where they will stay till another game on Friday.
Speaker 4: Welcome into Clippers Talk.
Speaker 3: I'm at a Moslin eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Is the phone number eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. It can also be watching us on the YouTube live side at Clippers Talk, where just a lot of people are overreacting to everything. After this game, Clippers are back at six and six. What have I been telling you? Around five hundred is where they probably should be without Kawhi Leonard. That's the level this team is likely going to be playing at. Somebody's told me earlier today, if we're being honest, they should be Houston, And I was like, why the Rockets are seven and four. They have a top three defense, they're younger, they're more talented on paper, and they're one of the best rebounding teams, especially on the offensive glass, where they just had eighteen offensive rebounds. The Clippers at one point, as Carlojmen has pointed out, were down forty nine to twenty three in the rebounding department, forty nine to twenty three. They were more than doubling up the Clippers on the boards.
Speaker 4: So I think coach.
Speaker 3: Lou had enough and said, if our bigs aren't even going to rebound, then I'll just go small. Then I'll just try to lean in to offense because we're not getting rebounds anyways, and they weren't. It was not a good game from a Viza Zubats. It was not a good game from his teammates trying to get a Viza Zubats involved. He had two shots in the first half. There was a moment in the third quarter where there was a little six to zero run. Big Zoo was a part of that. After having make it three shots in the first half of Etza Zubats had four shots midway.
Speaker 4: Through the third quarter.
Speaker 3: They were actually getting him going and the Clippers were right there. Problem was bad endSo the quarter, and that was a theme in this one. You can go back to the first quarter, guys. First quarter, Clippers score twenty five points in the first seven minutes and they scored three in.
Speaker 4: The last five.
Speaker 3: Basically of the first quarter, it was twenty five to fourteen. Clippers were hitting everything from distance. They started eight of ten from three of course, so did Houston. They were knocking down everything. But the Clippers had an eleven point lead early, but they scored just three points the last four minutes and forty six seconds of the first quarter. Offense stalled out some bad shots. Kevin Porter Junior took one, James Harden Premier Coffee missed the three. They thought they could stay hot from three. It didn't last, No, it did not. Now, they still overall didn't shoot a horrible percentage league average thirty six percent, almost thirty seven percent from three. But they started eight for ten. So the rest of the way here they were what six for twenty eight. Yeah, that's tough after starting eight for ten from three. The Houston Rockets they had one of their better three point shooting games after I told you in the preview of how they've been so bad from three and you have to keep them there and that's my key to the ballgame. They went fifteen to forty. That's thirty eight percent from three on high volume. A little bit problematic, and they matched the Clippers pretty much in that first quarter. Jalen Green got hot. They were six of nine. Clippers started seven for ten, not eight for ten. Houston was six for nine from three, so they're tied up at twenty eight. Heading into the second Clippers early second quarter started to assert themselves a little bit, as Terrence Man is now with the backups and looked much more comfortable. What did I tell you yesterday on Clippers Talk. I tried to tell you, Yeah, it's probably time. I would not be shocked if Terrence Man got replaced and the guy who I pointed out could be the Patrick Beverly next to James Harden, just like he had in Houston. That would be Chris Dunn. Chris Dunn played really well, was thriving, so did Terrence Man. Off the bench, Terrence Man looked like Terrence Man again, much more comfortable in his own skin, coming off the bench, bawling his hands more, getting into transition. The defense was on point. He was out there with the young guys as they made that run late. They did all they could.
Speaker 4: They tried.
Speaker 3: To get back into a game down nineteen. Now the group that was out there on the floor, and I should still go back to the end of the third quarter because I'm talking about not ending quarters, right, So why don't I go back to the second even because I didn't like the effort there from the Clippers either. It was frustrating. James hard would miss a three at the end of the second quarter. But the Clippers weren't doing a lot of scoring late at the end of the first half. They were struggling. They had I want to say, I think nine points in the last seven minutes or so.
Speaker 4: It was tough.
Speaker 3: They still had twenty eight though in the quarter. So it's really the third that I'm looking at where Houston got the jump on the Clippers, and the Clippers really never recovered. And to that third quarter they led by ten the Houston Rockets. After the Clippers I thought were starting to get Big Zoo back into the ballgame, it's seventy six to seventy one, after back to back buckets from him. Then it's seventy six to seventy three. This was right after Houston had gone up by eleven. About midway through that third quarter, Clippers had it to within three. They had it to within two after James Harden would go one of two at the charity stripe. It's seventy six to seventy four. But the rest of that quarter, let's see, the Clippers got outscored thirteen to five thirteen to five run to end that quarter, after Harden had it at seventy six seventy fourth to four to thirty one. Mark didn't close it out well enough, and Tarry Eason went on his own eight to two run in the last three minutes of the third quarter. So the Clippers are down ten at eighty nine to seventy nine heading into the fourth and Coach Luke just said enough, if we're gonna get destroyed on the boards like this and coming out of the third quarter, let's see what we got here.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: A forty five to twenty seven rebounding advantage for the Rockets and fifteen to four on the offensive rebounds. You're telling me, if you're getting out rebounded forty five to twenty seven.
Speaker 4: By eighteen.
Speaker 3: That Coach Lou doesn't have it within his rights to just say, well, I guess we'll just play small then, because even when we play bigs, we can't rebound in this game. So to start the fourth quarter, incomes Jordan Miller, Chris Dunn, Terrence Man, Norman Powell, a mere coffee nine oh run by the Houston Rockets. So coach Lou goes deeper into his back. Bring out Kobe Brown, Bring out Bones Highland. Jordan Miller had an and one to stop the nine oh run early in the fourth quarter, but then a turnover. It was kind of up and down, but he definitely had some good moments. He absolutely bodied Fred Van Vliet for a layup, just went right through him. Kobe Brown, guy into the ball game, had an offensive rebound and a nice put back went through Shengoon on a play the young guys were playing hard. Jordan Miller hits a three and guess what, It's an eight point game. First, Terrence Man hit one to bring it to within eleven after it was up to nineteen. Then Jordan Miller hits the three. It's an eight point game. Clippers are in this and those are the guys that got him back in it. So Coach Lee rode with him down the stretch. Now Kobe with airball uh Dylan the Villain would have a three point and put it back to eleven, but Bones would counter with the three of his own. Man had a tip in in transition after a great wrap around, passed to Jordan Miller, who missed the layup, and Terrence Man put it back in. Man gets another one. Then he has the strip on Jalen Green. They said it was out on the Clippers. It was out on Green. Ball Bones gets fouled, goes to the free throw line, hits both. It is a four point game. It was nineteen early in the fourth. The young guys got him back in it, and Terrence Man, who's twenty eight now, can't really say he's that young. At the one forty two mark, it's one o seven to one oh three, a four point game after the Clippers were down big. I'm proud of the young guys in the effort they gave, and I think that's what coach Lee was looking for. And I think he was sending a message to the starters because guys, I'm here to tell you this was the first time I would say this season that the Clippers were getting outworked at times. We're not used to seeing that. Houston is young, athletic, hungry, Emaio Doak as a great coach.
Speaker 4: They're gonna play hard.
Speaker 3: Their best in the league when it comes to opponents points in the paint, they don't let you get in there. They're best in the league when it comes to opponents in transition, you don't get a lot of appearances points against them. They are top three defense. They hadn't been good on offense tonight. They finally got loose from three after shooting thirty eight percent on forty attempts. That's fifteen makes.
Speaker 4: That kills you.
Speaker 3: But the rebounding where they were I think second in offensive rebounding coming into this game percentage. They just dismantled the Clippers there. Unfortunately, after the Clippers got a stop down four at the one forty two mark, Jordan Miller missed a three pointer, Alfred Shangoon had a dunk, then he blocked Jordan Miller go drive into the hoop. Time out one O nine to one oh three. Terrence Man had a turnover, but on the inbounds pass to Jordan Miller, Thompson just took it away. But then the Clippers got an eight second violation. The young guys did that. It's one o nine, one oh three. But unfortunately there would be another bucket from I believe Easan, who was the story of the game. He made it one eleven to one oh three. That's your final. Too little, too late. I admire coach lou for shaking up the lineup and saying, look, if our starters aren't good enough, if they're not playing hard enough, it's one thing not to execute, it's another not to have that effort out there that we're making changes. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. Clippers lose one eleven to one o three in Houston's to the Rockets where they remain. They'll run it back. N season tournament game against them on Friday. I met a Moslin and you're listening to Clippers Talk here on a M five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: He throws it up, the.
Speaker 8: Window finishes in the fowel Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 2: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 3: Clippers lose one eleven to one oh three in Houston to the Rockets.
Speaker 4: Welcome back in. I'm out of Maslin.
Speaker 3: This is Clippers Talk here on the M five seventy LA Sports and on the YouTube side, people in the chat like Mike saying I think TYLERU overreacted by giving up to start the fourth. I don't think he gave up. I think you're missing the point. Ty Lou said, we're not getting rebounds with our starters and our bigs, like if each a zoubach right now, So forget it. Let's give other guys a shot who are gonna give effort out there.
Speaker 4: And what happened?
Speaker 3: They got it down to four late, Like that's what that was. We can't rebound even with our big men, so we might as well lean into offense.
Speaker 4: Mike, how do you not understand that? I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Let's pause ten seconds for station identification here on Los Angeles Clippers are your network at ANTI seven LA Sports.
Speaker 5: This is LA Clippers Basketball AM five to seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Guys, I don't think Coach Lou was giving up on the game. I think he was trying to win the game and get a spark with guys who would actually go out there and play with effort because they were getting shellacked on the boards. Do you know how bad being out rebounded forty nine to twenty three is That's what it was. At one point in the third quarter, the Clippers effort was not good. Coach Lou was searching for energy, guys who wanted to play hard and sending a message to the guys who weren't.
Speaker 4: That's my read on it.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I think that was from Coach Lou. They were still trying to win, but a lot of the key rotation pieces, a lot of the starters, they weren't playing great. I think that has to be pointed out here. Coach Lou did point out post game that starting lineup change is a permanent one, not a one off. Said the athleticism from the Rockets was a real problem. Wanted to give Jordan Miller, Kobe Brown and Bones Highland opportunities to match that which they were. He wasn't giving up on the game. He was trying to match their athleticism. He also was happy about Terrence Man's performance and how him and the second unit got him back on track. That was a different Terrence Man out there throughout the entire game. That's the best game he's played all season. Three early in the second another one late. The lob from done in the second quarter, going downhill, getting to the hoop, getting fouled in the second, the steal and the lob to Emir from Terrence Man. That's it right there, No, Mike, he didn't give up on the starters. The starters didn't perform. If you don't perform, this is what happens. If you don't play well, this is what happens. And against a super athletic team like the Houston Rockets, wouldn't it make sense to get athleticism out there? You are matching athleticism with bones highland Himothy. Do you not see the burst he plays with like there is logic to what he did. And you guys who just want to look for anything to jump on coach lou with you think this is blood in the water. But the truth isn't almost one of the game if it did, what would you all be saying right now? What if you just went to those guys earlier?
Speaker 4: Team?
Speaker 3: Man wasn't just striving in transition, Terrence Man. He took three three pointers, He had fourteen eight, three assists, two blocks. His defense was incredible. It's the best he has played. He looked comfortable, he was free.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Mike in La Mike, you're a Clipper stop with out of mauls and what's up, Mike, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't so I didn't get a chance to see the game tonight. But just you know, looking at the you know, box scores online and you know, trying to read about it. So I agree with what you're saying that, you know, going with the you know, going with the guys lam played much disser. Going with the younger guys was absolutely the right move. I wish you would have done it sooner. You know, they they got back in the game, they played with her, they played hard. I mean, then you know you're right that this is really the first and this was the first game this year where you know, we really just got worked on the boards.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, they got destroyed. And people are overreacting to that and saying like we need a power forward, now, we need more size. It's like it's one game against one of the best rebounding teams in the league. That's their strength offensive rebounding for the Houston Rockets. Like, I don't know what people were expecting coming into this one. I tried to lay it out in the preview, but I just it's amazing to me, the same people saying, the same people saying mk x L and T points this out. People were crying to play Jordan Miller, but then when he plays them now they're crying and saying, Coach Lou gave up on the starters, like it's just it's ridiculous. He played guys that brought energy and played hard down the stretch and it almost won the game.
Speaker 10: I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean, and you know, I think you're also right?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, Houston on paper is better than than the Clippers, especially I mean without Kawhi. I mean it's not it's not, you know, necessarily even that close. I mean, they got they have a lot of good players on that team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know who else had a bad game his first bad game with the season back with the Clippers, Nico Buttoom. He was a minus twenty two out there in fourteen minutes. He missed a lot of good looks from three when the Clippers were searching to try to get somebody that could get them a bucket, he had some good looks. You don't often ever see him a negative in the box score or just say, you know, Nico Buttoom actually had a bad game, so now it just doesn't happen. So a recipe for disaster. I guess if even Nico's having a bad.
Speaker 1: Game, Yeah, Nico, and without a you know, Superman performance by Norton.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, this was the first time, what in the last ten games that Norman Powell hasn't had twenty points or more. He at thirteen, he was five of eighteen.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's gonna happen at some point in the fact that you know, they were able to, you know, get back in and make this competitive with the younger guys.
Speaker 11: It's somewhere urging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know much as obviously we don't like, you know, the loss, but you're gonna take what you can get.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, Mike.
Speaker 3: It's it's called analysis, Like we're trying to figure out exactly why they lost, who played well, who didn't, and what they can change in a future game like the one coming a Friday against this very team in Houston. Mike, appreciate the phone call, Give me a call back on Friday. Quick time out here. More Clippers stock coming up next eight sixty six, ninety eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 4: I'm out of Mosland.
Speaker 3: Can also get to me at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side. It's just amazing how one game after how good the Clippers have been rebounding wise, every he goes right back to what they need more size of four. Now, I can't give you a name that's realistic that they can get at them, but they just need it. Ah, I'm looking for actual solutions and to overreact because they lost the board battle badly to a team that's great at it, and the Clippers effort just wasn't good tonight.
Speaker 4: What do you think was gonna happen?
Speaker 3: You don't play hard enough against a team like the Houston Rockets with their athleticism, young legs and rebounding ability. Yeah, that's what happens. I give coach lou a ton of credit for trying the young guys laid and they almost pulled through. Yeah, they almost got a victory. Is it good enough? No? Could it be something they could still build off of by trying young guys that might get into their rotation?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Yes, more Clipper stock next year On NPIP seven ol sports.
Speaker 7: He throws it up.
Speaker 2: The window finishes in the.
Speaker 8: Fowel Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers can swin you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 3: A lot of crisism on Coach Loose tonight. Not a lot of solutions I'm seeing in the chat. Welcome back in. This is Clippers Talk. You're on the Empire seven e LA Sports and on the YouTube live side at Clippers Talk. So, uh, what's the solution because now all of a sudden, everybody's going back to well, they need a power forward.
Speaker 4: They need a big man.
Speaker 3: One game, one game where they get trounced on the boards, and you guys can't even offer a solution to this. That's what amazes me. That's what's funny to me. Well, I need a power forward. Well, who who are the guys that are just begging to get out of their situation and a team willing to let them go for not much?
Speaker 4: Not much.
Speaker 3: If you guys say, okay, play Kobe Brown Moore, great, you play him at power forward and he can't shoot though, You're clogging up the paint massively and it's killing your spacing. So you understand, they can't just get any power forward. They need someone who can rebound and guard and stretch the floor. John Collins's name gets brought up every single time we do this. I guess that's an answer who the Clippers giving up for John Collins? That the Utah Jazz are actually taking One answer offers another question back coming at you. I I just don't understand how after one game, one game against a very good rebounding team, especially in the offensive boards, and you guys pull the ripcord and say, oh, we got to blow it up new team. Now we got somebody saying batoom is too old. He has one bad game, and now it's batoomas too old, like literally, but Touma has not had a bad game so far this season until tonight.
Speaker 12: I just.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what people want. Sometimes I think they just want to complain because the Clippers are six and six, which is probably overachieving. Still there's six and six without Kawhi. Meanwhile, what's Philly. We're the Philadelphia seventy six ers. I mean, how many other teams could you look at? They're now two to nine and they've had Paul George back for a few games. Like I don't know what to do with some of these comments. I'm scratching my head. I had to make this account said stop saying we need size if there's not realistic options.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you. It's brutal. It's brutal.
Speaker 3: That the Clippers, yes, lost this game, got destroyed on the boards the way they did. But then you can't overreact, guys, you just can't. You got to be able to put things in perspective just a little bit. The Knicks are five and six, it's early in the season. The Clippers obviously are still making moves. They just made one in this game. You just saw it. This is a great move. Terrence Man to the bench, loosened him up. Maybe not as much pressure, whatever it was, it worked. It was his best game of the season. And Chris Dunn was great with the starters. Nothing wrong there. Chris Dunn had eleven eight assists, one turnover, five of ten shooting. He was awesome with the starters. I brought it up yesterday. I thought it could be coming.
Speaker 4: It happened.
Speaker 3: He had a three early, a floater from sixteen feet out, a floater when they went ice cold for about two minutes and thirty seconds I want to say at layup in the third, he had a tough layup going around to defender.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 3: Houston's a good ball club. I don't know if you guys knew this. They were seven and four heading into this game. They're eight and four.
Speaker 4: Now. I know you're coming from.
Speaker 3: A perspective of the Clippers were supposed.
Speaker 4: To win every game.
Speaker 3: They're six and six, and considering the talent disadvantage they often are at without Kawhi, it's just it's hard to overcome that. Kawhi cures a lot of what ails them. Guys does when you don't have your best player, it's tough to win ball games. They're six and six. I think coach Lou has done a pretty damn good job. Now people are saying, you want John Collins on that contract, So some people want them. Some people are pointing to the contract the same guy Alfie in here who said they have to get a four, but he can't offer a solution or a guy that's reasonable and realistic that they could get. It's just come on, guys, there aren't many teams that are flawless in this league. The Clippers have some flaws too, Namely, they're still missing Kawhi. I want to get more from La Murray on that because I know he talked about Coach Lou with it pregame, and I will try to send this to our producer Katie Newton in real time here because we had Lot Murray on pregame as well. This was at the podium with Coach Lou beforehand where he got the update about the change to the starting rotation from Coach Lou. Pregame Law Murray breaking all sorts of news for the Athletic, but then he also got this update from Coach Lou and this was about Kawhi Leonard and the most we've gotten in some time here, Katie, I think I sent that to you and I just send that to myself.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: I'm so used to sending files to myself, guys, to where then you all download it and then put it up on the TikTok at Clippers Talk or on the Instagram at Clippers stock file out of May. So I forwarded it to you after I sent it to myself here, Katie. It's just now somebody's saying John Collins is soft, So do we want John Collins or not? Guys, Clipper Nation can't agree on this one. I had to make this account, said John Collins. Is a lateral move at best. I wouldn't start if why comes back, No, I wouldn't. So there's it looks like there's no easy solution. The easiest solution is get Kawhi back. Unfortunately we don't know when that's going to happen. Here was a lot of Murray pregame speaking with coach lou about it.
Speaker 7: Where are things at with Kawhi?
Speaker 12: Like, we're in the fourth week of the season, most progressing, that's good. Where it's Kawhid, he's progress He's going to be out with this next week. Say what's in terms of where he's thinking, how he's feeling, Like, how do you how would you describe like the next thing that is kind of on his mind?
Speaker 7: Sorry's the next step for him. I don't really know what he's thinking, you know.
Speaker 13: I always putting to work, you know, every day to try to get back as fast as again.
Speaker 4: But you know, mantually what he's thinking, I really don't know, you know.
Speaker 7: But he's doing all the right things.
Speaker 13: He's taking all the necessary steps to try to get back on the floor.
Speaker 12: I do know that far, Like, do you feel like there's a chance this month that you could see him even return to practice.
Speaker 7: I'm not assure you.
Speaker 3: So I'm not sure if he will return to practice this month. What have I been saying recently? Just let me know what he's practicing?
Speaker 4: Like, what are we if he's not practicing? He's not playing yet.
Speaker 3: That's how it works, Harold in North Hollywood, Harold, you're on clipper stock without a mouslin.
Speaker 2: Hi, Harold, Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 8: Adham?
Speaker 4: Oh good, Harold? How you been?
Speaker 10: Why did Kawhi even go to the Olympic Games?
Speaker 6: I could not figure healthy.
Speaker 4: He felt healthy at that time.
Speaker 3: Now he's not.
Speaker 10: That's now now, now you know, I like to be a little critical. That's bologney.
Speaker 14: He was healthy and they sent him home.
Speaker 10: So his name was not responding and he.
Speaker 6: Or wasn't he healthy?
Speaker 14: Go ahead, go ahead, Adam.
Speaker 4: No, are you saying he was healthy or wasn't healthy?
Speaker 10: At the Olympic Games?
Speaker 14: He was not healthy.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess he tried to give it a go. They felt like he wasn't there yet. Coach Lou said there was a setback shortly after the Olympics. Tim usa Am I just been like, we can't wait to see if he's going to end up being healthy enough to play throughout this entire stint, And that could have been why they sent him home.
Speaker 2: Who knows, well, you know what, coach Loui is a great coach.
Speaker 14: He can put right hour back in there. This Unfortunately, Adam, this team can't win. I don't even know if they can win if and win if he ever does get back in the lineup. Kawhi this is like an anchor around this organization.
Speaker 10: I hate to say it.
Speaker 14: Kawhi is a great player, but he's not a great player. If he's sitting on the bench.
Speaker 3: Well, what is he supposed to do screaming his need to be healthy. What can he do other than do all the training and work he can to get healthy?
Speaker 6: What do you want?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 14: No, I agree with you, but Bombers stuck with him. I think he's more than just his me and you know he has a bad knee. That's why they got rid of him in San Antonio. Pop knew what he was doing. Pop is much better.
Speaker 10: I know he had a miles stroke. I think I think the guy's a head case.
Speaker 14: And if you're sitting on the bench, not helping the team. How do you think the other players feel when he the kind of money he's getting, he's not helping.
Speaker 10: I don't do anything.
Speaker 3: I think the other players understand what it's like to be hurt and it sucks, and they can sympathize with that. Unlike some fans, I think I think players get it. They know Kawhi wants to be out there. Let me put it this way. You don't train as hard as Kawhi Leonard does. Do all the training he does to get to this point. You remember when he first came out of San Diego State, he was not an offensive player hardly at all. He developed all of this game through the hard work. The hard work is the tough part, that's the grind, that's the job of it. The fun part is actually being able to play in games. If he could play in games, he absolutely would. He is put in the hard work side. So I don't know what you mean exactly by headcase. I don't think anybody's saying that.
Speaker 14: Look real quick, Adam. I like why I think he's okay? I mean, you know, he's quiet, he's introverted. He gets out there and he plays when he can and he's probably a good guy. But there's a time when you get to say, hey, am I out for the season.
Speaker 10: Or I'm coming back? Or is it next week or next month? The fans want to know this.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the problem. Here's the problem.
Speaker 10: See him.
Speaker 3: He can't know when because it depends on how his knee responds. He's not going to know until he goes through the train to see how his knee feels right.
Speaker 14: How can he predict well, how does his knee feel right now?
Speaker 10: What's the latest?
Speaker 3: Well, we just heard from Coach Lou about that. I appreciate the phone call, Harold. He's preparing, he's doing everything, but Coach Lou does not know if he were turned to practic this month. He is progressing. Until he's practicing, there's not much to talk about. Honestly, When he's practicing and the swelling's not recurring, then you're in a better spot. That's when I'll start to feel hopeful that Kawhi Leonard is returning. I know it's frustrating. I think it's frustrating first and foremost for Kawhi, one of the greatest players ever that isn't able to go right now, We'll take a quick time out.
Speaker 4: We'll come back.
Speaker 3: We'll get back to your phone calls eight sixty six, ninety seven seventy eight sixty sixth ninety seven two five seventy we'll talk about what we saw. Well, we see more young guys coming up on Friday. I think Coach Lous sent the message and I think it will be received by the Vets. No rebounds, no rings. I mean, you can't even win a regular season game if you don't rebound at all and get destroyed to that level by the Houston Rockets. So a lot of that was effort and we haven't seen that slippage in that area until tonight. More Clippers sock next year. On the M five seven LA Sports, he throws it up.
Speaker 8: The window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 2: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 3: Clippers lose to a team that has more than just implications in the standings because okay See has a pickswap with either the Clippers or the Houston Rockets after this season. They're gonna take whoever has the best pick available. Houston's top ten protected the Clippers is not is a big loss, but they got to begin On Friday, it's the Emirates Cup, the first in season tournament game for the Clippers.
Speaker 4: Let's go to BJ. BJ.
Speaker 3: You're on Clippers South without a Moslin? Is BJ from San Diego?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 10: What's up?
Speaker 3: Adam?
Speaker 12: Was good with your brother?
Speaker 2: You know it?
Speaker 6: The struggle is real, very real.
Speaker 4: This isn't BJ the podcast?
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I thought dragging out my boys.
Speaker 4: Do you want to do a promo for the show. We're doing it a little bit here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, let's do it all right, BJ.
Speaker 3: From the Pull Up podcast is coming on with me for a little Clippers Talk after dark and let's say twenty minutes after I'm done here. And I'm done here in about eight minutes, so BJA, does that work for you? Yes, sir, we got a lot to get into. Anything else you want to tease out?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I'm letting my else go up. Well, I'll see you in twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Sounds good, my friend. Let's go to Bill and the Ether. Bill, what's up? You're on Clippers Talk?
Speaker 10: How you Adam?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 6: Bill?
Speaker 10: I really enjoy your pet charity on the Rogan Uh and Rogan.
Speaker 4: Oh appreciate it.
Speaker 3: They're nice to have me on, So I appreciate those guys too.
Speaker 10: And also, why doesn't quite Leonard just retire?
Speaker 3: Because he wants to play basketball and he's one of the greatest players ever, and I think he has the right to want to come back. He inspires others by continuing to fight through these injuries. That has been something he has talked about.
Speaker 10: But you know, as a Clippers fan, you know, he he's like, you know, he's like, I don't know, man, why didn't he just retire? I mean, Bill, excuse me.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's kind of a bad look to tell players when they should retire. Don't you think it's up to the player when they should determine that for themselves.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but he's he's he's injured everything.
Speaker 3: But he just played sixty eight games last season. Bill, He's played sixty eight games and he played at such a high level. So you think he's just gonna give up because there's another setback with his knee.
Speaker 4: He's not giving up. He's gonna do everything he can to get out there on the court.
Speaker 10: So you soon there's a chance.
Speaker 3: Yes, Lloyd Christopher. I'm telling you there's a chance.
Speaker 6: Like one in a million.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying it's one in a million. I really think Kawhi. I think part of this is also they're being overly cautious because they know he hasn't been able to finish seasons off, so he hasn't been able to finish off a playoff run since twenty twenty. So they have a plan they're going through here, but it still comes down to how is knee responds with the treatment plan, with the conditioning they're doing. Bill, I appreciate the phone call Ross and the oc ross. What's up here on Clipper Stoff without amazend.
Speaker 11: Hey, I'm good to talk to you.
Speaker 4: What's up to talk to you too? I?
Speaker 11: Well, two things One, patients, patients, patients. We're only thirteen twelve games into this season. Why probably won't be back till sometime in December or January. But the other thing is is Oklahoma has eighteen full roster spots, almost all first round draft picks and a couple seconds, and they have five first rounds and a second this year. They are not going to be able to accommodate all those players. They may be a place to look, not to trade with. But they're going to have to release a lot of players this upcoming year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or consolidate picks, you know, to move up in the draft, defer picks for a later time like they have with the Clippers this year in a pick swap situation. It's a good point, Ross, But I don't know if I don't know if Okac has given a picks back to the Clippers anytime soon. And what would you give up for those picks? What's the trade?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 11: I wouldn't trade for any of them.
Speaker 10: I would.
Speaker 11: They're gonna have to release players.
Speaker 3: So one thing that they ain't releasing any good players, trust.
Speaker 11: Be all that they released two two first round picks already. But Lawrence Frank is the master of finding talent of release players.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, they're trying.
Speaker 3: Obviously, they're taking a risk with Kevin Porters Junior bringing him in because of the off the court issues. Was a year out of basketball and he didn't play much in this game. They have had some reclamation projects Kai Jones. They are trying to find some diamonds in the rough here or some fallen angels, as Lawrence Frank has said.
Speaker 11: That's what I'm talking about. And what one of your feelings on the KCP experiment. Did Jordan Miller or Kobe Brown play well enough to earn minutes or is it still you know KPJ till boom.
Speaker 5: Or bust uh.
Speaker 3: I am a little bit surprised how little Kevin Porter Junior played. He took some bad shots, he didn't look great. He hasn't looked great. He's been up and down at best in these twelve games so far. But six minutes is a little bit surprising. I think anytime that there's a lack of effort or enough miscues where it looks like there's an execution problem out there, coach lou was gonna go deep into his bench and say, I'm going with the guys who are at least gonna play hard for me. And I think that's what we saw at the end of this game.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 3: And I love that mentality ross. I do, because there are guys who are hungry who won the opportunity. And I felt like Kobe and Jordan Miller both acquitted themselves well in this ballgame me too.
Speaker 11: They both looked really good.
Speaker 3: So we'll see if they can build off a bit in a game back in Houston on Friday, and we'll see what the rotations are gonna be with coach Lou. This is very interesting. It feels like everything's back on the table now.
Speaker 4: So Ross, I appreciate the phone call, my friend. Maybe we'll do it again Friday night.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, right, see you late at night. Hope you do late night tonight.
Speaker 3: Ross, I will be on there Clippers Talk after dark. Will leave that with bj from the pull Up podcast. Can we hear from Coach Lou post game before we get out of here?
Speaker 6: Katie?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Here he was speaking with La Murray of the Athletic.
Speaker 7: In twelve games? What did you would you see that made you want to go with that line up to start? And what did you see with this game? I've got you a good start.
Speaker 15: I mean for me, it was just trying to get another ball on the floor Lama, James and Teas trying to press him like Brooks, like door like you guys are trying to do. And so I thought, like getting Katie for like a troop, point guard, a tho with help and ext gals, we could start or you can kind of see the difference.
Speaker 13: Just to you know, James beat off the ball and then you had to catching a loved.
Speaker 7: It was a little better.
Speaker 13: So that was my thought process going into the and then moved to the bench.
Speaker 15: You know their a bitch came in.
Speaker 13: I thought they were physical. I thought they had out the transition of any guy of basketball.
Speaker 7: And Townson just came in there.
Speaker 4: Told me, just checked the change the game for them.
Speaker 7: You got him man and a Tario Easton both had the double do's off the bench.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 12: We made said before the game he wanted to play faster. That didn't really happen with the starting group. It did happened with the second group. Like how can the You got to see these guys again, like how can you combat that athleticism not just in the transition game, in fast break, but on the glass as well, cause they had a seventeen o second chance point a match going in that fourth quarter.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think you know, some of our shots selections when we got into the paint.
Speaker 13: Like they were you know what I mean, they were being at the rim and we kind of do some shots up miss LAYB and we missed. Thing was out of transition indicating getting back to get messed up and you know, we did a good job to nine front turnovers, but then you know they end up having you know, eighteen offense rebounds.
Speaker 5: You know, so just you know, like I said, they.
Speaker 4: Had a good game plan.
Speaker 6: They played well.
Speaker 13: I thought our young guys came in, you know, down to stretch.
Speaker 7: Why played well.
Speaker 6: So that was good to see.
Speaker 13: But you know, we'll be better how whatever is, but we'll be We'll be better than two days, you know. So I guys just got to see see the Blue bend and how they try to play us and what they were.
Speaker 6: Trying to do.
Speaker 3: There was coach Lupost game saying they will be better in two days. We're interested to see that. Clippers score just one hundred and three points in this game after a hot start up by eleven in the first quarter. Tied by the end of the first quarter, Houston made another run, a seventeen to two run from the end of the third into the fourth. Coach tried to find some guys that were gonna spark them.
Speaker 6: He did.
Speaker 3: They just came up short late, young guys got to within four. They lose one eleven to one oh three in Houston. They run it back in an n season tournament matchup the Emirates Cup on Friday, tip off at five pregame at four. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seaman, Noah Ego, Carla Jimenez on the call, Big Brother, Jake Warner, Head engineered into a Dome, Katie Newton kill a Katie on the board in this one, the callers, the listeners, those in the chat, even if the ideas weren't always that salient.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Clipperstock after Dark coming up in about twenty minutes with bj from the pull Up Podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm out of Maslin. We will talk to you then.
Speaker 5: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 3: The volume is truly impressive, and make.
Speaker 5: Sure to follow wherever you pup podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 3: Clippers Talk Baby,