Speaker 1: Well, I guess it is a midweek crisis. If you were tuning in for Dan Carrell tonight, but now it's me instead, Gary Jeff Walker on a very special Wednesday Night tap here on seven hundred WLW. How are you. I'm fine, Thanks for asking. Over the last few days, my wife and I traveled to Middle Tennessee to see my parents. My dad, god Willing, will be eighty nine at the end of October. My mother just turned eighty eight this past Sunday in August third, and it was a thrill to be there and to spend time with them. We really don't know how much time we have do we no matter what age we are. But my dad is suffering from mild congestive heart failure and rheumatoid arthritis. If you've listened to me at all over the last couple of weeks and cared, I've told you this, and I appreciate all your prayers and all your support along the way for my parents. But if you've ever seen the debilitating effects, especially in older people, of both of those maladies, congestive heart failure and rheumatoid arthritis, you know what or have some idea what my dad is going through and it's just heartbreaking to see him hunched over and have to use a rolater and oxygen everywhere he goes at all times. What was extremely enlightening for me was to see the strength of my eighty eight year old mother taking care of him. And she's doing a bang up job. I told somebody else, my mom is kicking but and being nearly eighty nine with the problems that he has, are kicking my dad's butt. And there were a couple of times on the right home afterwards, just cruising down the highway up sixty five where I was brought to tears with the reality of what's going on. But again, my mother at eighty eight, she's one of those on wheels. She's incredible. So love to mom and dad. And if you still are lucky enough to have your mom and dad, if you're still blessed to have your family together at this point in our lives, tell them how much you love them, tell them how much they mean to you. Visit them or talk to them as often as you possibly can, because as sands through the hour glass go the days of our lives, and there is a finite set only God knows with that we will turn you loose for the rest of tonight's special Wednesday Night Show. Up next the author of Vaccines, Mythology, Ideology and Reality. A guy has worked with the famous doctor Peter McCullough, and he's written a new book. His name is John Leek, The History of Vaccines, What vaccines really are? And should we always air on the side of the latest vaccine, be it COVID, be it whatever it is. Some looks inside how the sausage is made, so to speak. As we began this nightcap in minutes here on seven hundred WLW at the top I mentioned John Leak. He will join us at the bottom of the hour right now from Compasscare USA, the leader of that group, an advocate for life and a wonderful, wonderful Christian man that I've had the pleasure of speaking with on multiple occasions, is back with this, Reverend Jim Harden from Compasscare USA. A pleasure to have you. How are you, sir, That's an honor to be backerty.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm doing well. Yeah. We still continue to have these battles in the courts among very leftist judges who apparently think in fantaside is just fine. An Obama appointed judge just last week before cracked opened the courtroom door, and Planned Parenthood's political foot soldiers marching out blocking the defunding of Planned Parenthood in the President's One Big, Beautiful Bill. I still don't understand why American taxpayers, who either have moral objections to abortion or very sound scientific objections to abortion, would like their tax dollars going to Plan Parenthood. You guys have been doing something actively about it for years now, and I understand that you've opened up a third Compass care center in a borough of New York City, which is like the infanticide capital of the world, at least in this country. So tell tell me about the new thing that you're opening up, and how many centers you have for women who are in pregnancies and they don't have anywhere else to turn but a place as draconian as Planned Parenthood. Where are you opening this hub?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got a new office opening in Staten Island. We've got an office in Brooklyn, an office in the Bronx, and an office across New York State and the key abortion of hub cities like Buffalo, Rochester, all beneath the capital. You know, we're the only ethical medical alternative for women facing unplanned pregnancy and considering abortion in those in those abortion hubs, I mean the big the biggest abortion hub in America where there are more abortions per capital than any other place is New York and and there are more abortions just by by by the straight numbers in in Brooklyn, which is King's County, than any other county in America. Uh, we are actually providing true alternances. We're actually truly empowering women with ethnical medical care and comprehensive community support. And we don't get a dime of taxpayer money.
Speaker 3: Think about that.
Speaker 2: We actually believe that we're radically responsible for our neighbor. Whereas you got you got pro abortion politicians in charge of the downcout party that think that they want to that's appropriate to use our taxpayer funds to fund their pet industry. That that doesn't that doesn't get any virtually no support from the grassroots. Look, this is purely the abortion industry is propped up by our tax dollars. And you see that starkly with the One Big Beautiful Bill Act when it was passed the you know, the abortion industry and all their all their you know, purveyors and protectors in the in the political realm, lost their collective minds when they earned that that Congress didn't want a fund abortion anymore. And it wasn't specific target planned parented. They just said, we don't want to fund plant, we don't want to fund abortion. But then you've got this judge out of Massachusetts, this rogue justice again undermining, uh, the rule of law, the separation of powers, and insisting that Congress fund their little pet industry abortion. This is total fully usurpation of of uh, you know, of of the legal system. I mean, it's a you're using the legal system to undermine the rule of law. It's the purview of Congress to decide what it wants to fund. That is exactly why what that is supposed to the budget is supposed to originate the House.
Speaker 1: That is well, I've read the Constitution, Reverend Harden. That's Congress's job is to control the purse strings and decide what they are representing their constituents with what they're going to have to pay for out of the taxes that are collected. That's exactly Congress's job. It has nothing to do with a judge in Massachusetts, there anywhere else in this country exactly.
Speaker 2: And I find it a little bit helpful to see that this particular temporary restraining order the judge put on the One Big Beautiful Bill Act was limited by virtue of the Supreme Court's recent deficiency. You know, these rogue judges can't can't put the brakes on any one thing nationally. There has to be you know, they're extremely limited. So in this case, it was limited to a handful of planned parenthoods in a couple of states like Utah. I think, so what this means is California, for example, all the planned parent organizations in California stand to lose twenty five million dollars a month. Actually they're already losing it. And Governor Newsom can't make up the difference because he's got a twelve billion dollar budget state budget deficit. Right, so he's running from the ship too, like so many rats. The abortion industry needs to go away. Look if you don't look, doesn't matter where one stands on the the moral debate of abortion. One shouldn't make the clear link between a person and the economy. That's all you want to do, right, The basic unit of an economy is not a dollar, it's a person. And we just had a report come out on recent crotilliar rates in the US. We dropped below one point six for the first time ever. Few nations have ever made it back from a fertiliarate that low certillary rates have to be two point one or greater to have just simply replace your population. And now that we've solved the border crisis, our population in America is starting to go down. This is bad news. You can't sustain There is no sustainable economic model for a flat or declining population base. You have to start having families and children again. We have to get back to what it means to be human, and the basic unit of society is the family, the male father, female mother with children, and that's where the next generation of a healthy citizen comes from.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, there are two parents, so there should be at least two kids to replace them, because eventually we're all going to die, and just to maintain at the same level two kids, uh in a in a marital relationship. Why is why do you think planned parenthood is treated as untouchable by both political parties Republicans and Democrats and by these federal courts. Well, what's the reason.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they have been for the last many years, into facto government agency. They have been implementing, I believe, a population control ideology. There's this ideology out there that's driving a lot of political uh uh, you know, aspirations and policies that the world is dying and that and that humanity is a virus and that we need to we need to control ourselves and what the world go wild? That's instead of what what what the Bible says, the fruitful, multiply and to do the earth. They're same the opposite. Let the earth, you know, go wild and do yourselves. Well, I'm not I'm not saying we shouldn't be good stewards of the world and of the world's resources. I'm just saying that humanity is the crown of creation and that there are two things in this world that are sacred, God and people. We are mediums of God. And that's one of the reasons why the Founding Fathers were so astute when they wrote the Decoration of Independence. We are endowed by our Creator with certain on amial rights, the first of which of courses life upon. That's the right upon which all other rights are predicated. It's the Senequanon. It's without which there is none. I mean, there's a point in talking about other rights unless the government is willing to protect the right to life of every single human being from the moment of fertilization through natural death. And I think that we've got an opportunity right now, a small window. I think we've got about nine months left before there's a potential whiplash election that shifts power in the House back to the Democrats. We've got nine months to make some serious legislative changes to safeguard humanity into the future so that these leftist Marxists like like the Biden administration, Uh, don't don't take this country and the rule with it into the abyss.
Speaker 1: How do rulings like the one in Massachusetts that we're talking about tonight, Reverend Harden, how do they impact the pro life work on the ground at pregnancy centers like Compass Cares. How do those rulings affect you and your work?
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's something that we're always concerned about because it's such precedent that you get row justices and uh and and and emboldens other people in the political realm and in the public realm to do things that are unethical uh and incongruent with a rule of law. And we see that happening, uh, empowering and emboldening.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, political bad actors like New York Governor Holcals weaponize legislation against this, like uh New York Attorney General Latisia James to to engage in lawfare against us. Uh to embolden literally uh, you know, pro abortion extremists to attack us physically all these things in bolds and embolden's big tech to censor us because they know they're not going to be investigated. All these things have happened and will continue to happen more intensely if these types of of rog justices are not dealt with. I think Judgetown Wanne out of Massachusetts needs to be investigated and and and uh impeached quite frankly. But but are you going to get an impeachment out of out account. You're not going to get two thirds of a vote out of the Senate. So this is but we're gonna have to deal with this, and we're going to need to make sure that President Trump's nominee nominees for for for judges get approved and that they're not they're not stalled by these uh, by these Marxists and Democrat clothes.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: You talked about physical violence against your your pro life pregnancy centers. I've read some of the things that and I haven't seen them in mainstream media that those kinds of attacks are never publicized or held up the American media. But give me a couple of examples out particularly Compass Care and these non abortion pregnancy centers have been physically violently attacked. Reverend Harden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, starting with the unprecedented illegal leak of a full draft opinion of a Supreme Court case in May of twenty twenty two, there was this. It sparked a prairie fire of Maoist Antifa type violence against pro life people and organizations. And so one of those was a fire bombing. We were firebombs. There was a Marxist communicat that was initiated, sent out after the initial attack on a pro life organization in Madison, Wisconsin, and they took responsibility for the attack on this plot organization in Madison on Mother's Day, May twenty twenty two, and they said we're going to do it again. We've got thirty days to shut down. They gave us an notltimatum. All your pregnanc out there, you got thirty days to shut down or based a similar base, a similar fate. And on day thirty we were firebomb by pro abortion anti for Front group Jane's revenge, so that the Biden administration's DJ turned a blind eye, the FBI slow walking the investigation that went all the way to the houses, and the traditionary of your committeees. You know, they're demanding why the House and I means depending why the FBI and DJ are not uh, you know, providing equal protection of the laws to pro life people when they're attacks. Over five hundred attacks occurred from that point on physical attacks. We've had death threats, We've had additional uh you know, we've had theft. We've had you know, not just not just larceny, but trespassing, additional uh you know, attacks on our property. You know, these kinds of things have been going on, uh for for us since twenty twenty one, and you know so so you know, it's it's more, it hasn't stopped. It's simple more from physical attacks to law there and so we're dealing with that right now, and we're getting some bit of a reprieve because I believe Trump's in office and he's actually doing some good things with respect to his executive orders and the Department of Justice cleaning house with some of these bad actors that populated the leadership as well as the rank and file.
Speaker 1: Well, you pointed out that there was not much news time at all given to that fire bombing in Madison, Wisconsin, or the times you've been firebombed. We're threatened with such action. I feel very blessed that as a member of the media, which I'm not very proud of saying a lot of times, I get to have people like you on to talk about this, address it and get the word out there and let people know what's going on. I am so grateful that you could come on tonight. I appreciate your time, and I really appreciate your work with Compass Care. Reverend Harden, How can people find out real quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if people look to learn more about how Compass Care is saving women babies from abortion and the abortion capital of the nation, they can go to Compasscarecommunity dot com. A's Compasscare community dot com all.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you so much, Reverend Harden.
Speaker 3: My pleasure.
Speaker 1: God bless God, bless you. Coming up next, as I promised at the top, John Leek on vaccine. As I mentioned just a few moments ago, our first guest tonight is John Leek, a researcher, a man who is world renowned. He worked with doctor Peter McCullough as I mentioned in the open, and he has a new book out called Vaccines Mythology, Ideology and Reality, primary author of the best selling book The Courage to Face COVID nineteen. And John, it's a pleasure to have you. Thanks for making time for us tonight.
Speaker 4: I'm delighted. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You got it. Let's go back to a face the Courage to Face COVID nineteen for just a moment, if you don't mind, and then we'll get to the new book and the research you've done on on vaccines through the ears, going all the way back to Edward Jenner. But I think it's such a wonderful title, The Courage to Face COVID nineteen, because fear was used so much when this virus invaded America and the rest of the world to coerce people to do things that were illogical in my opinion, and in many cases unscientific, and courage was something that we all needed. It was something that some of us exercised. I for myself, paid very little attention to the lockdowns and the travel restrictions. My wife and I and ultimately both of us refused to get any of the unproven, fast rushed so called vaccines that they were trying to force everyone to put into their bodies. So I think courage is something that we need to have all the time when it comes to our health, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Well, I completely agree with that. I when I.
Speaker 5: Formulated that title, I wasn't only thinking about this disease syndrome COVID nineteen. It's the way it was represented by our federal health authorities, and it was the way their representations were completely enforced and backed up by an amazingly willing, compliant mass media. So part of it is not only the courage to face the illness. It's the courage to face the consequences, the institutional consequences and the reputationtional consequences if you start asking questions about it. Because what we found is it was we believe that there is a causative agent of COVID nineteen STARSKOV two is an upper respiratory coronavirus that was engineered in a laboratory using mostly American biotechnology working Ralph Ferrick at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill was the primary biotechnician. He was working with chan Ji Lee at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
Speaker 4: So they did create this virus.
Speaker 5: It did get out of the lab and in some people, primarily people approaching life expectancy and morbidly obese people, it could make people violently ill and result in their hospitalization. But the reality of it was something that you couldn't really try and inquire about and figure out and ask questions about, or you would immediately be censored and censured.
Speaker 4: And so my co.
Speaker 5: Author Peter McCullough discovered this the hard way. Fired from his job at a major medical center in Dallas. Sued from the major medical center, all of his academic society memberships were taken, were stripped, all of his editorial positions at medical journals were stripped. He was treated as a heretic might be treated, you know, during the religious wars of Europe in the sixteenth and seventeenth century. So courage to face the illness and to treat the illness and try to help your patients, but also courage to face this mafia structure that has been erected in Washington, whose entire, relentless campaign and mission and purpose is to promote a new generation of vaccine technology.
Speaker 4: That's what all of this was about.
Speaker 5: There was an interest in launching a new generation of a genetic transfer technology called messenger RNA. It had been on the shelves for a while, but there had not been any real impetus and any real money to launch this, you know, a on a global scale. So COVID nineteen comes along, and now we've got our chance to launch this new virus, this new excuse me, vaccine technology, and anybody who starts talking about early treatments or the illness can be managed at home, or maybe it's not such a mortal.
Speaker 4: Threat for everybody. Anybody who raised questions like that, you.
Speaker 5: Know, was immediately severely punished. So that's the drama of our first book. But this led inevitably into an examination of the COVID nineteen vaccine program, and that was the starting point of our enquiry for our new book, which is a critical history of vaccines, of vaccination going all the way back to the eighteenth century.
Speaker 1: There was purposely too, I believe, going back to the AIDS epidemic in the nineteen eighties and nineties. Of course, AIDS and the disease that supposedly causes AIDS is still out there, and there's all kinds of treatments now and preventative measures that are out there. But in the beginning, there was a lot of fear mongering, I felt like, and misinformation about how one contract to autoimmune deficiency syndrome in the media and every I think we kind of saw replay then of that happening when it was essentially the most the people who were most at risk were homosexuals and IV drug abusers and people who were having unprotected sex. But I remember in the mid eighties it was like, oh my god, you can you can get AIDS from somebody sweat and you know what I mean, there was just this mashesteria around it.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 5: I mean, this really hits home because I was setting off for college in nineteen eighty nine, and you know, you're headed off to college in Boston and you know, of course there's the possibility of you know, maybe having some kind.
Speaker 4: Of a.
Speaker 5: How to put it delicately, some kind of intimate encounter with a college co ed and and but the word was, well.
Speaker 4: You know, you're going to have to.
Speaker 5: Abstain from any kind of sexual contact because AIDS is for sure going to jump from the high risk populations gay men and IV drug users and to heterosexuals. So yeah, I remember this being quite a psychological drama when I set off for college in eighty nine. Well, this was Anthony Fauci's you know, first rodeo. He was really catapulted into the spotlight by HIV.
Speaker 4: And there are a lot.
Speaker 5: Of controversies about Fauci, you know, going back to the early AIDS crisis in the nineteen eighties, but it was really his reputation as a sort of pope or Pontiffects Maximus of infectious emerging infectious diseases.
Speaker 4: That's really where his career began.
Speaker 5: And he in his position, you know, for many many years as head of the NIAI D. I think a lot of people don't realize that the immense power of Anthony Fauci was he was in a position, you know, to have final say over where all this grant money goes. I think a lot of people think of the pharmaceutical industry is primarily financed.
Speaker 4: By private capital, but in fact.
Speaker 5: There's billions and billions of inn I AI D grant money that's dispersed. And Anthony, you know, got to be friends with a bunch of guys in the pharmaceutical industry by virtue of his grant money dispersal power.
Speaker 4: So he did kind of establish himself as a kind of godfather of grant money dispersal, and which gave him a tremendous amount of power, as money always does.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and you say godfather. And when you were talking about the medical mafia earlier in relation to COVID nineteen and anyone who questioned anything would be put down by that mafia any way they could, mostly professionally, and sometimes it got to the point of almost criminally people being singled out because they questioned the science. Which that's what science is. It's about questioning. It's about that there's not science doesn't really have a consensus. If you've got a consensus, it's not science. It's group think or mob rule. And I just find Fauci to be one of the most contemptible characters of the twentieth and now twenty first centuries because of that a lot of other reasons me personally.
Speaker 6: Well, it's true, you say, and we'd go into this in detail in the book. I mean, if you study the history of science, I mean you just kind of start with Sir Isaac Newton. It is a process of questioning, of inquiry, of debate.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I mentioned Newton specifically because he came up with these mathematical models of the motion of bodies and gravity and some of these Newtonian mechanics we call it bodies and motion and accelerating and falling from gravity and so forth. And his mathematical model is very impressive. But what you see happening is people start trying to apply the model of Newtonian mechanics to things that are way way more multifactorial and complex. And so you get into what we.
Speaker 4: Call medical sciences. And this implies that there are sort.
Speaker 1: Of John, John, feel like I've lost him, John, are you still there? I can't hear him. Okay, he dropped off the phone. We will take just a quick break and try to get John Leak back because I want to get more into his book. In just a moment here in the Nightcap, John, we lost the line, but we got you back.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: You were talking about Newton and his mathematical equations, mechanics, and how being applied to medical science was probably not the best path.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a misapplication because just to put this in a nutshell, it's if you and I were standing on a.
Speaker 4: Twenty story balcony. We can start.
Speaker 5: Having a debate about illnesses, you know, the best way to try treat them, And you might say, well, you know, in my experience with this bug or with whatever it is, some sort of health matter, we could have reasonable debate about it in which we take two different sides. I mean, you hear people they have debates about whether statins a cholesterol lowering medication. You know, whether the benefits outweigh.
Speaker 4: The risk, and you'll get a reasonable debate.
Speaker 5: But neither of us would it ever occur to either of us that there's any debate about what happens if we jump off the balcony onto the concrete below.
Speaker 4: We were certain.
Speaker 5: That Newtonian's mechanics, the description of how we're going to accelerate and hit the pavement. We do not have any doubt that's the outcome. But with medicine it's very multi factorial. There are many elements. You have the infections, speaking of infectious disease, you.
Speaker 4: Have the causative agent a virus or a bacterium or a fungus.
Speaker 5: But then you have the nutritional status, the age, the overall health of the person who is exposed to the infectious agent. What French microbiologists used to call the terrain, the terrain the ecology, and so you know, we can get into a lot of ambiguity and uncertainty about this. But when vaccines is an idea as a concept come about.
Speaker 4: In the eighteenth century.
Speaker 5: Living conditions the terrain was very very poor. Drinking water was as often as not contaminated with rast sewage. The nutritional status of most people, particularly the urban poor in these early cities, they.
Speaker 1: Were very poor.
Speaker 5: They were undernourished most of the time, cold winners, inadequate heating. You get into the nineteenth century in big cities like London, they're drinking cold smoke all the time. They're overworked, and so their bodies become susceptible to infectious diseases and what we document, you know, in our book, is what we see happening at the exact same time, I mean, plotted identically on the timeline that microbiologists are developing vaccines. At the exact same time, enormous strides are being made to elevate the living standards of cities. And so by the time you get to nineteen forty eight, which is really the introduction of the modern vaccine schedule.
Speaker 4: For children, you've already seen.
Speaker 5: Most infectious diseases plummeting in terms of mortality rates by over ninety five percent. Now, that was an improvement of nutrition, sanitation, general living standards. But guess what gets all the credit nowadays vaccines. So it's a mis attribution of you know what really deserves the credit in this and we talk about this in the book. I mean, I think readers will be astonished to discover that the city of London did not have proper sewage channelization to get the affluent away from the city. The London Sewer wasn't completed until eighteen seventy five, so I mean literally contaminated times water was contaminating the groundwater in London with cholera and typhoid fee or all the way up until you know the eighteen eighties.
Speaker 1: Well, I always say, John, I always say, as a human being, regardless of your age, your miles may vary. I mean, if you're a heavy smoker or you're morbidly obese, even in today's society, with all the advances, you become more susceptible to these diseases, with or without the vaccines. Isn't that a correct assumption?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, absolutely correct.
Speaker 5: And you know, so interesting during COVID nineteen because the people who are at highest risk of this excessive inflammatory response to the virus were people who were obese. People who have more of the obesity. Either they have a much higher tendency to systemic inflammatory is use, and so they would get sick, and this illness would quickly get down into their lungs and just go nuclear in their lungs, so violent pulmonary inflammation causing pneumonia, and I mean they basically just just asphyxiate. There's never any talk, I mean never even a reference to you know what about trying to get your blood sugar down. I mean, elevated blood sugar is probably the simplest correlation. So there's a physician here in Dallas named Yvette Lozano, and the first thing she would do is say, Okay, we're going to get you on hydroxychloricuin, which is also an anti inflammatory. It's used for rheumatoid arthritis. It's an anti inflammatory, it seems to have anti viral properties. But we're also going to instantly, like right now, starting right now, you're not going to eat any sugar, like none. You're you're you're on a raw vegetable you know, chicken diet, and you're going to get on a on an exercise bike.
Speaker 4: I mean, this was her regimen for her, for her you know.
Speaker 5: Obese COVID patience, and she really didn't lose any all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm sorry, we're times of John Leek is the author uh In, working with doctor Peter McCullough, Vaccines, mythology, ideology and reality. It's out. If any of this sounds interesting to you, I highly recommend the book. I'm just starting to skim through it myself. But John, thank you so.
Speaker 5: Much, thank you for having me. I really appreciated the conversation. Great question, Thanks you.
Speaker 1: Thanks. We'll continue in a moment, leave again this hour on a special Nightcap on seven hundred w l W. We are returning my friend Michael Letz to the airwaves with me tonight. He is the president of invest USA. They help law enforcement be better ready to face the challenges that they do face in twenty twenty five with the best kind of equipment and vests and things that will protect them as they protect us. Michael lets it's great to have you on the show. Welcome back.
Speaker 7: Well Gary, it's always approved to be with you. We take you for the opportunity and well, there's a lot to talk about, a lot of great things happening in the country, but he's still had a long ways to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean crime is down in some places since President Trump took office and stemmed the tide of just open border mania that was going on for four years under Joe Biden. That is a big thing. And having ice able to round up the most violent of the criminal illegal aliens that have come into this country in a flood of some say, more than twenty million under those four years. It's down to a trickle if any right now under Donald Trump. God bless Donald Trump for that, and that's going to be a big step for public safety and law enforcement. As we get more and more of these people out of our country or incarcerated where they belong. They need to belong in a prison cell somewhere, whether it's you know, in a max security prison in this country or Alligator alcatraz or in their own country in l Salvador and other places. So, Michael, first, and what do you think the effect of closing the border has done to help protect police and protect the public. Since only the six seven months since Donald Trump has been president, what's been the effect.
Speaker 7: It's had a huge impact. Gary, Let's talk about it for just a second. Of course, you know, we went in made sure we did a number of different things to secure the border, everything from classifying the border and the settlement border with Mexico to be a military zone. You remember, we took from California although the Texas and made that initial under two hundred and fifty feet a border between that and the river military installation, so we could enforce military break military personnel, and they could enforce if you set foot on that, you weren't just crossing the United States. You were a trespassing on a military installation. And I put you in a whole different category. You are under military jurisdiction there, and so that brought down it almost to zero. Fact, it has been zero for the last couple of months, So that made a huge difference. Besides that and uh in what we're doing with ICE, but ICE was a separate situation. Here's why I mentioned it to you. We secured the border security with military assistants. Then we had to go to the next space. Now, what do we do with all the illegals here, especially the illegals that have come in and began to commit violent crimes, because you remember, many of them that came had violent criminal paths from where they came from, and they were doing the same thing in this country. So we put together task force with ICE and others, including using some military personnel as well, because we were so overwhelmed the number of people that were here, and we targeted went after where was our biggest success Obviously in the Red States because we've got great cooperation and the Blue States. We targeted it and had made that a top target as well.
Speaker 3: In Blue States.
Speaker 7: But unfortunately, we've been having to work against those whose policies are trying to hurt their citizens and trying to undermine the authority of trying to remove these criminals. How do they do that? Give them a kiff that were headed that way so we would get there, there's no illegal criminals, or there's nothing good protesters or you've seen this happen any kind of quescially in California. Others we'll get there or rest of the assailants. And when we come back out, what are we facing? A sea of protesters that are hurling rocks, trying to hur harm our law enforcement officers, trying to destroy their vehicles, pop their tire, tow them away, et cetera. So it's been a real struggle, not just having to clean up the illegal immigrants who are criminals, violent criminals, but going after the protester who are attempting to obstruct justice. And you've seen that reflected in the numbers. As you mentioned when we first started this interview, violent crime is down substantial. It's got a lot more in the red stage where they're cooperating with our efforts to make the America safe and secure, instead of the blue sanctuary cities that are impeding and trying to do any they can to keep I legal immigrants there, to keep violent people to harm their citizens makes no sense. I can't imagine the logic behind doing that.
Speaker 3: Of the look.
Speaker 1: You could have gone, you could have forecasted that with what went on in many of those same quote blue cities during the Summer of Hate in twenty twenty and the George Floyd ryots, the Antifa, the BLM riots, all that were not mostly peaceful protests, and they were allowed to flourish. I mean, the mayor of Seattle let an entire section of that city be taken over by these crazy people. And you saw it from remember in Dallas when the five transit officers were shot and killed by these same Antifa nut jobs. And we're seeing a lot less of that now. But in Los Angeles and in other areas that we don't have cooperation of the mayor and the police force, and in some cases the governors of those states, with ice and border patrol not being able to have access to facilities and the authorities not operating, you see these violent outbursts by the protesters, and many of those protesters are the same illegal criminals that they're trying to round up because the last thing they want to do is go back, you know, after they invaded our country. Let's talk about the pro Palestinian. I call them pro terrorist protests because that's that's exactly what they are, the pro homas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was coming to get involved, you know. Initially when I first started, you had, of course the incursion by Hamas in the Israel October the seventh, and the war breakdown, and in instead of concentrary on look at how they terrorized and all the thousands of penisents that they killed, and they're encouraged. It was all now that there's a war, these poor kids that aren't being said, and we need all show compassion. So they they do the kumbai Ya rallies where they were peaceful but just saying we need to try to feed these kids. Then they graduated from there to saying and how the second I wanted to be peaceful, you can't walk past us. We're gonna city. We're not gonna let you go to class today, We're not gonna let you go to work. We're gonna block the roots. Now it's guided to the point to where there are assaulting police officers. They become violent and there's no longer protests. It's rioting, it's terrorism, its domestic terrorists. We've allowed that to happen how did we allow that to happen? A couple of things we just talked about it Thenue ago. We've allowed blue cities and their policies to project the image of divide in this country. To come over here and hang out with us left liberals. We're gonna protect you, so you know you can continue to do your little crime thing and we're gonna protect you and make make him feel safe, which is encourage others to do so. And that is why you're beginning to see the surge across the country. Whether it's an actors they're Montana killing for in a bar, whether it's people in Cincinnati assaulting people walking down the street just taking a stroll. And here's what we park on that one for a second, Geary. It's appalling and shocking to me that we would allow young people to assault innocent people walking and just taking a stroll, and then their thugs stand around encourage them to continue to do more violence, try to see who could be the fastest to get it on an iPhone and uploaded to YouTube or TikTok for their fifteen seconds of thaying and not hold people accountable. This is what we're beginning to see there's beginning to become a message you don't have to worry about being accountable if you're in a sanctuary city or if you're happen to be aligned with the liberal, progressive democratic ideology, we're going to protect you. You don't have to have accountability on the red side where you were law and order. You don't want to be there and can make crimes because they're gonna put you on an ice playing and shift it back to your country. So they're trying to create a divide to destroy us from within, and we're allowing it to happen.
Speaker 3: And it's time.
Speaker 7: And here's a great thing. I'm very pleased to announce that the Supreme Court has just in the last few hours giving two major victories to the administration. They have determined there will be no more of these injunctions, district conjunctions across the country that just came officially to it end today. So one judge cannot put the whole country and say nobody can be shipped back to Endures or you can't do this, do that I just ended. We're going to move forward now aggressively to make sure that we go after every single criminal we can get our hands on them. And so then the second thing the Supreme Court just did is gave back parents their rights in schools. What do we mean by that? You don't want your kids learning about transgenderism being subjective to that junk in school that opting out. He's your kid, not the schools. You have the right to opt out. So these are two huge, major victories, and you're going to start saying. One of the things that falls under E ten most people are not aware of is we have been held by the court system on cutting the funds to sanctuary cities that just got released tod So, sanctuary cities, do you think it's bad? Now you have to see anything yet we're going after your funding and quite frankly, you have got some hard days ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, I say, praise God, great God bless America, God bless the Supreme Court, God bless President Trump, and mostly and most importantly, God blessed the citizens of the United States of America, because they're finally getting their country back. It's as simple. It's as simple as that. Michael. Lets, as our guests from invest USA, we continue our conversation in just moments after this quick break on a special nightcap on seven hundred WLW. He not only has the man behind invest Yousa, but he's also the host of the Michael Letts Show, which is now nationally syndicated in stations across the country. And oddly enough, his name is Michael Letts. And we're back for part two of our conversation, Michael, what has been the most disgusting thing in the wake of the brutal attacks in Cincinnati during the annual Cincinnati Music Fest, which, by the way, is one of the biggest events in this city. Every single year, it draws tens of thousands of people to downtown Cincinnati to pay Court Stadium to watch these incredible heritage music acts, and they come from all parts of the country to enjoy it. On the Friday night into Saturday morning after one of those big nights at the Cincinnati Music Fest, and you know, you've seen the viral videos that were you know, uploaded on the internet by cowards who, instead of trying to step in to help these poor people from being pummeled by a mob, were just filming it, videoing it so they could put it up online. The narrative from one particular a couple of particular Cincinnati council people. Now finally, mercifully, they've been castigated for their comments that the people who were brutally attacked, I mean to the point of being beaten to a pulp and having permanent damage done to their bodies, saying that they deserve the beatdown that they got simply because something they said that that was particularly disgusting to me and to most other people with a brain in their heads who have any kind of compassion for their fellow human beings. And these are elected officials doing this. And then we have a police chief who, in her wisdom, and because of a lack of officers in Cincinnati right now, from what we need to have to patrol a city this size and to keep the public safe, they have three officers at three o'clock in the morning, all the officers that went down to you know, look after this throng of people in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. There are three police officers for the entire city after three o'clock in the morning. No wonder there was this was able to go on without any kind of police presence. Michael, It's just insane.
Speaker 7: It is insane.
Speaker 3: Gary.
Speaker 7: And here's the other insane part about it, It is how cavalier, especially these SANCTUARYUS cities have been treating crime and accountability, and so the number of things that we need to do, and I'm not asking for any more laws, Trusty, Gary, we have more than of laws on the book. It's time that we start helping people accountable and we start enforcing them. So what needs to be done in this particular situation. First of all, no more of this bluffing things off. Oh it was just a small crime. You know, Ruby Gigiani had a great room, he king of New York City. They called broken doll windows. You see a broken window. It was replaced. Why because they created the perception that nobody cared. We're not going to let that perception happen anymore America. You do a petty crime, you're going to be held accountable. We need to start enforcing the law vigorously and making sure that we have solicitors and prosecutors that are willing to push the max to what needs to be done. No more of this plea bargaining and we'll cut a deal just so that we don't have to have any more work. The second thing we need to do is when young people film this stuff, we need to make sure that it's all the books. It's called it an accomplished, I mean an accomplish or we need to make sure that we go after them. You know, the person that was throwing the fists and swings email us for serve five years into But the person filming.
Speaker 4: And saying hit them again, hit them again, they're an accomplished.
Speaker 7: They should be during at least six months, and we need to start sending a clear message you will be held accountable for your ashes. Then the third thing we need to do TikTok rumble the rest of you all. You don't have a right to glorify violence against innocent people. You want to allow that to be put on your hosting, on your network, then you'll be charged as well because you're an accomplice as well. You're promoting violence.
Speaker 3: Into this country.
Speaker 7: And I think what if we start doing that, you'll start seeing when people say, oh, you're in printing on freedom of expression, on a freedom much speech, No I'm not. You can feel free to say anything you want to, but what you can do is put a film up to where people are being beaten and abused, and I expect to have consequences Michael, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: That is being an accomplished. We have laws already on the books for that, and we need to start apportioning them because here's what's happening here. We're sending a message to our young people. They're twofold. Do we talk about a minute ago? Hey, don't worry about if you're an illegal because if you go to sanctuary City and you're going to be protected. So we're sending a message that crime does pay. There are no accountability. And now we're sending a message to our young people. Do whatever you want to because you can gain pay, no accountability, no consequences of your actions, and we can live in all of society.
Speaker 3: Michael, stop that, Michael.
Speaker 1: Lets you've written a new book, Truth Lies in Control, Finding hope in an upside down world. It's it's out now, I guess is that right?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 1: There is and people can find it the usual places.
Speaker 7: They can go Amazon, anywhere, they can go to our website and they'll find they make a donation to help an all, give them a precopy of the book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of that protector off in invest USA. Give the website and just like in thirty seconds, a snapshot of what you guys do at invest USA.
Speaker 7: I'm in the e st USA dot Organ, arrydo Org. Make sure our officers have active shoot of this. They need them now more than ever to make sure they can protect themselves come home safely to the family. They're willing to die for you cannot. The least we do is to make sure that they're protected to come home to their kids.
Speaker 1: INVESTUSA dot Org. Michael Letz, great luck with the new show you're doing and with the book, and thanks again for taking some time to talk to us tonight.
Speaker 7: God bless God, bless America. Gary, you keep up the good work together.
Speaker 1: We're going to succeed. Amen and Michael Letts there on the nightcap coming up next an hour nearly an hour of sports for the out of sorts, I think, and the fur Ball will lead us off in just a few minutes afternoons here on seven hundred WLW. Yes, once again time to spend a few minutes with the fur Ball on this special Wednesday nightcap here on seven hundred w LW. And Red's course playing today in Chicago and the season continues. I know that not too long ago. Are you in your car again? Andy?
Speaker 3: I live in my car. Well, I need it is a shower maybe just uh maybe just man, I don't need a shower tonight.
Speaker 8: I mean I need a shower in my car.
Speaker 3: That's what I meant.
Speaker 8: You know, I'll stay in my car for six days. On the seventh day when God said we don't work, we take a break, I go take a shower.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe carry a little squirt bottle around with you or something like that.
Speaker 3: How about you to do that that I do that I definitely do. But sometimes you got to get the mold off, you know what I mean, the mold.
Speaker 1: Well, you just cut it off like a loaf of bread and eat the rest.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I don't go out much.
Speaker 8: I don't see a lot of people, so they don't know if I steak or not.
Speaker 3: I'm the heck with it.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm not in public, so I stay at my car.
Speaker 3: I enjoy my car.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: That's That's an excellent point, Andy, because the last few times when I've asked people about our conversations, how did you like fur ball on the Nightcap? And they said he didn't stink? So it must be working for you. Whatever whatever you're doing is working, right, So I know that you recently had a conversation with Alan Cutler, which of seven hundred WLW fans may be familiar with. Remember the cut Man, also known as the Hedgehog. For some reason, I never really figured out how how is Alan? I haven't speak I haven't spoken to him or seen him in quite a while. Is he doing okay?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 8: He has a daily show on thirteen hundred AM and ninety two to five FM and Lexington from nuone to two and honestly, he had a bit of a difficulty help wise said he woke up Memorial Day weekend and he couldn't see.
Speaker 3: Out of one of his eyes and he was going blind.
Speaker 8: And he immediately went to the hospital and they said to what I thought he was upbraded on that day and they said it was a gas build up, like from pressure, whatever it may be.
Speaker 1: And I said, well, how do you get a gas build up in your eye?
Speaker 8: Why isn't that And he said that doctor said that basically it comes with age, but he thinks it came with that.
Speaker 3: This is amazing.
Speaker 8: He does what pilates and what's the other thing you do there with you stretch and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: He does. He's He's telling me that.
Speaker 8: He's been doing it since he's thirty five years of age. He thinks that built up the pressure in his eye where he could.
Speaker 3: Put his legs over his head.
Speaker 8: I said, first of all, what the hell are you gonna do with that?
Speaker 3: You're gonna join the circus?
Speaker 8: I mean, really, you know you should be tickled pike at you're raised and you could walk and put your left foot in front of your right foot.
Speaker 3: You don't care about putting your feet over your.
Speaker 8: Head, all right, So that's what he's excited.
Speaker 1: About, don't I don't even want to think about I don't want to think about Alan that. I don't want to think about Alan Cutler just walking upright, much less with his legs over his head. That's crazy.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't get it. He wants to do the exercises. He's wearing those tights. I guess I don't know. I can't picture it. I don't want to picture it. I want to get something to eat in a few minutes.
Speaker 4: I'm on it.
Speaker 8: Throwout if I think about that now, I'm gonna move on.
Speaker 3: But look, I wish it.
Speaker 8: Well, he says about seventy percent of his site back and thank God for that, because you don't want anybody that you know to lose this. So I don't have any ill health. Really, you really don't wish that or anybody don't do. We move on and I got to run this value because this was a story that really kind of hit me. Sometimes these stories hite you. I turn the radio on.
Speaker 3: I'm a big radio freak.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 8: I listen to sports talk about Fox Sports Radio Serious XEM eighty three, and I listed my cohorts on Fox, and more often than not, they'll come on there.
Speaker 3: They'll talk about what might happen.
Speaker 8: The predictions, what the team's gonna No, no, it's not that that's lazy. It really predictions when how many games the team's gonna win.
Speaker 3: No, you don't know. You don't know. No one knows, and I don't. I don't want to hear what you don't know. But I do know this. I know. There was a story the other day that Tom Brady had a comment.
Speaker 8: Why the hell he did on Scotty Sheffler, the golfler, saying that Scotti Sheffler's.
Speaker 3: Bringing his job over his family.
Speaker 8: Number one is none of Tom Brady's business. Number two, Why in the hell of all people, Tom Brady, who lost his wife because he played football set xt year in Tampa, right, So why is he complaining about Scotty Seffler, Who's I don't know him from Adam, but I gotta believe from a distance he seems to be balancing his golf life and his family life.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, Pretty good.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady lost his wife, as you just mentioned, I mean, that's the height of hypocrisy. Did you hear that, Tom Brady? Among uh? I guess two different people Tom Brady has been dating. One of them is that actress Sidney Sweeney, who is in that new Blue gene Ad. The actress's she's amazing and she's a registered Republican, which makes her even more appealing. Or as somebody else said, I would, I would, I would date her if if if she was an ISIS recruiter. But I mean Sidney Sween, Sidney Sweeney is hilarious.
Speaker 3: Wait wait a minute, timeouts, beautiful. I'm out of the dating scene about one hundred years already.
Speaker 8: Okay, But here's is that what the youngsters are the mid youngster, whatever it may be, This what the gen x are they asking on dates?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 8: Are you the Republican democrat. Is that a question they ask on dates?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: No, Andy, there was a controversy among some people, a bunch of leftist idiots because she did this blue gene commercial where she said, you know, I'm blonde, my color is blue, and they said it was like a Nazi or something, and it was just all a bunch of male bovine fecal sample if you get my drift major bs. The controversy erupting out of nothing because apparently these ugly liberal women have nothing else to do but complain about beautiful blondes like Sidney Sweeney. And then then it came to the fore that she's a registered Republican. I guess she switched. She'd rather switch than fight Andy.
Speaker 8: Right, Apparently she has been. But you know, it's funny because then we go back.
Speaker 3: To this Tom Brady thing.
Speaker 8: I mean again, I just, you know, I don't know or care about what these guys do or say off the field.
Speaker 3: I really don't.
Speaker 8: But when they do say something stupid, I like to jump on it because I think it's great fodder for people like.
Speaker 3: You and me, like Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 8: I think Aaron Rodgers is a hell of a quarter by release, he was we'll see what he does, to see what the Steelers. But he's going to be a first.
Speaker 3: Ballot Hall of Famer.
Speaker 8: But when he's got that pulpit, and many of these athletes have this big pulpit, a big stage to steel like, don't use it and don't make a smug out of yourself on the pulpit.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot of people out there.
Speaker 8: That really depended upon vaccine and they believe in vaccine. Some people do, some people don't. Don't go on there and tell people don't take it. I mean, people are going to do what they want to do. They're not going to listen to what Aaron Rodgers has to do. And the other Again, when I say that, well yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Likewise, don't go on there and tell people you've got to take this. And many of them did that too, so it's just.
Speaker 8: As they're to do that.
Speaker 3: A lot of them were paid to do that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I love Jared Allen's speech at the at the Hall of Fame ceremony, how he talked about his faith and his family and his wife and it was just you know, very gracious and and he said he just didn't want to embarrass himself. He said, keep it under fifteen minutes and talk about the things that are most important to you and always have been in his life. Jared Allen is a class act and now he is enshrine that with that yellow jacket with the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: That was a good call on your part because a lot of the people I always said, we'll use that stage or pulpit to say something really stupid.
Speaker 3: Well maybe it's just.
Speaker 8: Intentionally, but they want to get the so called clicks, you know on the social media, which I don't know why, but they do.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what they do. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, we're in a different world right now where people say and do what they want to do. It's maybe it's not too bad, but sometimes you say and do things that are just playing dumb.
Speaker 3: Really, I'll give you another example.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm not a big fan of the WNBA, but I have to admit that Caitlyn Clark suck me into the league and I watch it because I want to see what's all the excitement about. And honestly, you know, it's not a bad product, to be honest. I mean, they play the game in a team fashion, not like the NBA that throws up eighty five threes during the game and there's no dfense.
Speaker 3: So I kind of liked the hustle on the way they play.
Speaker 8: So Sophie Cunningham is a member of the Indiana Fever and the other day she's on a podcast which I listened to, and she basically kind of stood up for Caitlin Clark, and I said, well, it's kind of nice of her because they're teammates, but where are the other teammates really? And honestly, you know, I talked about this Sunday with my partner Bucky Brooks on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: And Buckie took a different tack.
Speaker 8: He said, you know, people are saying that Caitlin's beat up, and he says, that's the way it is. He said, I was the first year player in the NFL.
Speaker 3: They did it to me.
Speaker 8: He says, they want to see how tough you are, if you could take it. And the fact that Sophie Cunningham went public about this thing that everybody's picking on her, They're only going to pick on her continuously, maybe to stop picking on Selphie Conningham. Maybe that's why the other teammates of oars in Indiana. Didn't say a word.
Speaker 3: And what do you think about that?
Speaker 1: Well, what I think about that is what my parents told me early on when I was being bullied in grade school by some kid, and and and I you know, I finally went home one day crying to my mom, and my mom said, We'll stand up for yourself. You've got to be the counterbalance to that bully. You've got to be tough, You've got to take things into your own hands, you know, and sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself. And I think Caitlin Clark has been very careful in interviews to not complain about it at all, really that much, and has taken it in stride. She's doing exactly what she should do. And I think Sophie Cunningham is doing exactly what she should do to up for a teammate. So I don't I don't have any problems.
Speaker 8: Really won Well, you know, I understand why is she alone? And I hate to bring this into the picture, but we know we've had this problem about ten days ago in Cincinnati. But remember, Caln Clark is white. Sophie cutting his wife is it a black white thing? I don't see the African American players on the Indiana Fever standing off of her. All right, I don't see that Alaiah Boston is a great player.
Speaker 3: She's on the fever.
Speaker 8: She's like a team leader there. Why didn't she say anything?
Speaker 1: I can't see inside her heart, Andy, I don't know if she's a racist or not. But maybe I.
Speaker 3: Didn't use the term racist. I didn't turn. I didn't use that.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Let me let me explain.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Boston. I don't know if Boston is a bigot or not. Andy, I have no idea. I'm not using that term either.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not using Let me let me explain. I traveled and been involved with sports teams most of my life, most of my adult life. I was a PR guy for several professional teams, a couple of college teams. I travel with them. I see what goes on, and more often than not, likes stay with likes. What I mean by that the blacks on the team congregate with each other after the game, they go out to dinner, they feel more comfortable.
Speaker 3: That's the whites.
Speaker 8: They stay together after the game. That's just the way it is. And I'm sure, it hasn't changed much in the year twenty twenty five. I saw that, you know, on the field, they're all for one. They're all for one cause and that causes winning the ball game. And they're good, they're they're friends, they don't dislike each other. But when the game is over, they go with the most comfortable aspects, and that is their.
Speaker 1: Own kind somebody that looks somebody that looks like them. And I have made the same observation being a bartender. Andy, Listen, I'm in a place where right now, where a bartend where there is every walk of person you could possibly imagine, every shade of skin color that you can imagine, and they all come in and they all get along when they're at the bar together, but they self segregate. Human beings do that, right, They gavitate towards somebody that looks like them or has common cultural interest. It's only natural that people do this. And you know, there was so many complaints. The forced segregation was an issue, but people do that automatically, naturally anyway, without the government telling you, oh, well, you're white, you've got to go here, you're black, you've got to go here. Oh you can't be there together at the same place.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Nobody has to tell people that generally, because they just do it by It's human nature, is what it is.
Speaker 8: Right. Let me run this by you. We've had some problems in the city, and I don't think they've got to go away anytime too soon, all right, And they've had these meetings, which basically a waste of time. I would suggest, and I suggested this to you. They had some undercover cops to see what's going on. I guess in the downtown area. I don't know if that's going to happen. And I told you the last time we chatted, I wrote to the mayor obviously had no chance to read it with he was on vacation.
Speaker 3: There's a schmuck right there. Say it's something else.
Speaker 8: If I was his pr guy that first news conference that comes out, and he already says, I screwed up. I should have been here.
Speaker 1: He didn't say that, and didn't he didn't say that.
Speaker 3: No, no, and I know that.
Speaker 8: And the next thing, I do this, if I may let me, because I'm gonna think it out a short memory, I would do this.
Speaker 3: I would gather.
Speaker 8: Now it sounds kind of stupid, but I would gather every interracial marriage couple in the city and get him all together and tell him.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can get along, you can Is that?
Speaker 8: Is it possible? There's probably a lot of interracial marriages black, white, white, black, you know, black man, white woman, white woman, black man with whatever. Don't you think you could get a hold of them. How many hundreds of interracial marriages do you think are in the greatest Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, I'm sure there are many Asian jew marriages, a Jewish marriage, yes, I'm sure. Yes, I'm sure there are.
Speaker 8: Maybe Catholic, Catholic, Jews, Catholic, Protestant, you know, anything that is different, you know, let them get together and show the people, yes, you can't get along Andy.
Speaker 1: To quote, to quote a great song from the nineteen eighties when I was first in radio by the great long Forgotten by most people band Depeche Mode. They had a great song called people Are People, and the lyrics went, people are people, So why should it be you and I should get along so awfully? Isn't that brilliant? Isn't that prolific? Isn't isn't that point?
Speaker 3: It hasn't changed, No, it hasn't changed. This nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Right, No, it hasn't changed in all of time, in all of humankind, Andy, But you have an.
Speaker 8: Answer my question. If they got all these people together and maybe the convention center, to me.
Speaker 1: Is that a wash?
Speaker 3: Are you are you?
Speaker 4: Are you round?
Speaker 1: Are you rounding up people who are in interracial marriages just to prove a point? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, well.
Speaker 8: It could be Asian white Asian white too.
Speaker 1: So what we're gonna ground them up in vans? And are we inviting them to dinner?
Speaker 9: Are we paying for the dinner them up.
Speaker 1: And forcing them to sit together? Are we?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: No, everybody we want the city is sits like to come and see that their people can't get along?
Speaker 3: They can't get along, And then you don't.
Speaker 8: Tell their stories how they met, how how difficult and they have been at the beginning when they went to the various in laws at the time when they kind of discouraged them to do that, and it worked out, and it can't work out, and it should work out.
Speaker 1: I mean, your wife doesn't being doesn't mind being married to a functioning idiot? Does she? She gets along with you?
Speaker 8: She didn't know that at first, but she thought she could get some relief from the government because of that.
Speaker 1: She's like a She's like an at home Jeopardy champion. From what you tell me, Wendy is brilliant.
Speaker 3: I begged her.
Speaker 8: I begged her to try out for begged her.
Speaker 3: Really, she's unreal.
Speaker 8: Seriously, either she's unreal and smart, or she stays home.
Speaker 3: All the day and she's seen all the read runes and knows all the answers. I don't know. I don't know, but she knows the answer.
Speaker 1: If an intelligent person and an idiot can get along, and a white person and a black person into a lack.
Speaker 8: It like a magnet opposite to true at the north and south attract to each other at a magnet.
Speaker 3: That's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, we should take a poll, since we're talking about magnetic poles. We should just see what people think. Gary Jeff Walker at seven hundred WLW dot com, do you think that opposites attract? And what do you think of Andy Furman's idea about getting inter racial couples together at the convention center when it gets built for a dinner and just to show that people can get along even though they look differently.
Speaker 8: I wanted to give me the results of this, and you know what, and maybe out and maybe way out there and maybe stupid and may be foolish, but it said, it's something.
Speaker 3: It's better than these these gas bags.
Speaker 8: That have called themselves politicians that are doing nothing. Empty suits, that's what they are. Empty suits.
Speaker 1: Boy, this is one of these occasions where I totally agree with you, which means the conversation is going nowhere. I should probably hang up now.
Speaker 8: No, don't hang up, because I want to go back to the sports. So that's my comfort zone. And I want to tell about Trey Hendrickson who threatened he's.
Speaker 7: Not going to play.
Speaker 3: I got one minute he's not going to play, Yeah, one minute, go go all right a minute?
Speaker 8: Oh, Trey henders Is he's not gonna play like I'm not gonna play, and I'm not going to play in the NFL this year. He's gonna play doing me. Don't threaten me. They're fullse threats. And Mike Brown's gonna win this deal. Really, you're not gonna give the guy a three year deal, maybe two years or a year with a year to be named later or whatever.
Speaker 3: It may be an.
Speaker 8: Extension, whatever, but come on, really, I mean I wish he was f on fifty thousand a day that you know they're sitting out now, I take to sit in. We stand the sidelines with a cap. You don't get the fifty thousand dollars, fine, please, you know, don't ruin it. You're ruining your life, You're ruining if everybody else.
Speaker 1: Fur Ball, I take that functioning idiot thing back. I think you're brilliant.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, God bless you. I'll see it. Thanks.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, we will see each other at some point whenever he comes out of hiding or decides to get out of his car. The wild Man coming up. We go into our final hour of this Wednesday night cap. Yeah sorry, and Carol Fans, I mean he's doing something else. I don't care. I get to work Gary, Jeff with you. And in this eleven o'clock hour, we continue our hour of sports for the out of Sorts with the other Google cluster in our bunch, the one and Only wild Man. When we were lining this interview up, he said I've got a case of the goo, which he always seems to and he said, I've really got a case of the goo goo Now and if you're not familiar with that term, the goo is a be in his bondet. He's upset about something. So I can't wait to find out exactly what that is, uh this time this week, because it's something different all the time. Sometimes like Danny Graves, it's the same damn thing. I hope it's not Danny Graves tonight, wild man, what's going on? Well?
Speaker 9: Uh, I do have a case of the goop, But I want to I want to focus on something really not positive, but something but looking forward to. And it would be the Bengals first preseason game on Thursday, m Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, tomorrow the Bengals will be playing.
Speaker 9: And the Philadelphia Eagles, the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles in Philadelphia, and I'm hoping that Joe Burrow at least gets to play a full quarter, maybe a little bit more. And the same goes with the old line and the defensive line. In fact, i'd like to see the defensive line play two quarters or the whole defense play two quarters, but that predicates on what the score could be. But they've got to be ready, They've got to be ready. And I finally, Zach Taylor's got it in a stick skull that these guys have got to play more so they don't go and lay an egg up in Cleveland, which opened the season.
Speaker 1: We can't have that been here. Have been hearing good reports about Shamar Stewart, the number one pick in practice so far.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've heard some good reports. I used to even batting down a lot of balls and they're they're getting him. Here's the fans. Sometimes you just wonder what the hell they're thinking they drafted this guy, not because we can get sacks, but's got but he could put the rush on the quarterback. And plus he's got that big frame, those long arms. If he could put pressure on the quarterback, that'll help the other guy if they ever sign him Trey Henrick, so that'll help everybody. But so far, it sounds like he's doing fine. I mean, he was there at many camp. People forget that he was there at many camp watching, talking, listening to guys.
Speaker 3: It's not like he was just.
Speaker 9: Walked away and wasn't there. He was there and that now he's there and he sounds like he's doing okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and you mentioned the fact that he's batted down some balls in practice, and to me, that's just as good as a sack. I mean, it stops the offense you're playing against. It stops the offense you're playing against, right where they snapped the ball the last time once once he got an incomplete pass. It's just as good as a sack. All the bally who about Trey Hendrickson and all of the wonderful things he did and getting all the sacks and having these wonderful seasons, which yeah, mind you he did. But you know, if you got somebody, how many times did a Bengals drive get stalled because Joe Burrow's pass got batted down at the line. It happened all the time, wild man. And if you got a guy on your defense, they can do the same thing to the opposing team's quarterback.
Speaker 9: Win.
Speaker 1: Win, Baby.
Speaker 9: Couldn't agree with you more there, Gary, Jeff, I mean, I want to see the old line, what they're gonna do with the old line here, and see how they perform protecting Joe. And I think it comes down to what Joe does first series of fields. He's been throwing so much in camp and looking great. Al Goldin the other day just said that he's like, you know, he's just way above the above the line when it comes to being a quarterback, the thinking the thinking man's quarterback. So I just don't see what kind of Joe does. But Joe, I'm sure wants to get out there and knock off some russ A lot of guys need to knock off that rust and be ready when the bell rings when they play the Browns up in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what's It's okay. You said not positive, but you looking forward to the Bengals first preseason game. I'd say that's a positive thing, and it's refreshing to hear you say something positive for a change. Sounds dumping on everybody.
Speaker 9: I only speak the truth. I only speak the truth to power. Now can I move out?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 9: I move while I've got the goo?
Speaker 1: Oh well, okay, goo one, because I'm sure there's more than more than a couple of there's two.
Speaker 9: There's too many changes.
Speaker 4: Goo.
Speaker 1: Number one is good.
Speaker 9: Number one is the the Chicago Cubs wearing Ryan Sandberg jerseys and the game lasts a week right after he passed. That was a great idea, everybody wearing Ryan Sandberg jerseys. But when I saw that, I thought, why did the Cincinnati Reds players wear Pete Rose jerseys on May fourteenth? Why didn't they run to wear those jerseys?
Speaker 4: Am in the head?
Speaker 9: Six months to prepare for that game. Why didn't the Cincinnati Reds wear Pee Rose jerseys? Wearing effect? They could have taken those jerseys and sold them, had an option for the Reds Community Fund and made a lot of money. Talk about somebody dropping the ball, major drop of the ball, and that's a great thing that the Cubs did. And the Cubs only had like about a week to get it together. I said, so almost six months. Why didn't the Reds players wear Pete Rose jerseys?
Speaker 1: It's a good question. I have no answers for you.
Speaker 9: I'm not in the I think it's upset that they didn't do that exactly. I think it's absurd in the front office or they're so called great marketing staff dropped the ball. I think they've got some of these young kids in there that have no clue what the hell is going on now. Case of the goo number two, Case of the goo goo, too goo or not to goo? The Red's Braves game at Bristol Motor Speedway. Reds players the jerseys they were wearing, they did not have the fourteen patch on them? What's up with that? They've been wearing the Red jerseys all year with a fourteen patch. In this game the fourteen patches not on their jerseys. Not one player had the guts to stand up and ask, what's up with this? Why aren't we Why isn't the fourteen patch on here? Terry Francona, who played for Pete Rose, I'm really disap he didn't address that. And I know it's major League Baseball. Who Gary Jeff are so petty over this Pete Rose thing? But here's what really blows my mind. Outside on the concourse, they had displays of former Reds. They had Johnny Bench in display, they had Eric Davis, and they had one of Pete Rose. So they had one of Pete Rose as a display. Why did they have the patch on the damn jersey?
Speaker 1: Are you the only person that looks for the patch? Wild man?
Speaker 9: I just went it's always there, It's been there all season long. Why did they take it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 9: Why do they take it off for a game like this? I know, what's the point. I know, I don't know. I know what is It's rock Banfred, you know, being an ass, just being an ass and being so petty over this. Reds fans are fed up with this kind of crap. Gary jeff I said when Pete Rose passed away that I was never ever gonna last a name be forgotten in this count, and now even have more resolve on it, I'm never ever gonna let it go. I don't think anybody a yeahs a p Rose junior. I don't want to tell you what he told me about major League Baseball about what they did. Not only would the Jerseys not wearing them back on May fourteenth, but not have the patch for the Reds and the uh the Reds and the.
Speaker 1: Considered a home game too. Hey, you're considered a home game. Listen on the on the game on both counts, I can see where you're coming from. And especially since they have wore the number fourteen patch all season long, why wouldn't they have worn it at the extravaganza there at Great American Bristol Park on Saturday, which, by the way, man, that was a real downer for people who who had traveled all that way for a Reds home game, you know, either way from Cincinnati or Atlanta, just to have the weather dump on It's like they did. And then you know, it seemed kind of antique climactic on Sunday afternoon. And then sometimes the weather, Mother Nature doesn't cooperate with man's plans. That's just what happens. But I can understand, uh, I can understand you being upset that they didn't have the number fourteen patch when they're wearing it in every other game all season long. And I don't know how Major League Baseball has any role in that.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm sure they're the ones that did it because they had those special jerseys made up. Or I can't believe that Reds would drop the ball. I mean last night, well the other night when they had Reds played the Cubs, they were wearing a jersey and they had the fourteen on it that came from Major League Baseball. I guarantee you somebody from Major League Baseball said, oh, we don't want that fourteen. We don't want Fox to be talking about it because the game was on the game was on Fox. That's bs that really is. And again, like I said, I said to messis the Pete Rose Junior about it?
Speaker 4: And I won't I won't.
Speaker 9: I can't say what he said, you know over the phone about Major League Baseball. He's slapping the face for Pete Rose's family and Pete rose fans. What they did.
Speaker 3: I'm sick of it.
Speaker 9: I'm just sick of it.
Speaker 1: Well, give me an idea without violating any FCC rules. Did he question Rob Manford's mother or was there's something else involved?
Speaker 9: I mean now he said MLB.
Speaker 1: Ah, okay, okay, So figure what that means.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, wild Man. I tell you what. Let's take a quick break and come back. Well, I make sure that the dump button is still working. For session two, we're back with the wild Man. He's washed his mouth out with soap so we can continue this interview and not be fine. So, wild Man, you were talking about the thing at Bristol. I did not know that Major League Baseball just took over the speedway for that game. I mean, I understand that they'd want to have a hand in making sure that all the specifications for a baseball game are there, you know, the dimensions of the field and all the things that needed to happen to turn a racetrack into a baseball field. But I mean the people at Bristol Motor Speedway, they handle those big crowds on a regular basis. They know what they're doing. Why weren't they a part of making sure the concessions were right and you're not going to run out of food or water for the crowd and there's ample parking. I mean, why did MLB decide to put their big foot down and in somebody else's venue and act like they owned it. What was the deal there?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm just going by from what I've been reading and all around the country, and I you know some people that first hand that went down there that I know, and you know Bristol you know, Motor Speedway for years, like you said, have been able to handle those crowds because they've got the people, they know what to do. Major League Baseball, I guess came in and said, okay, you know we're going to do it this way, and Bristol mounters Seedway said, well, now we've got the people here, you should use these people. Now we've got it handled. And that's what they did. And it was kind of like a disaster. It really was. Some of those seats where they had people city it was just absurd. I mean, they spaceship have sold those seats and what's the big deal that it's the largest regular season crowd in baseball history? Was not in a quarter against you? A cup of coffee maybe at Whitecastle? Who really cares? Who really cares? And that was the largest regular season crowd and baseball history? Who really cares?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Wild Man? What the largest crowd to ever see a Major League Baseball game was? And it wasn't?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 9: It was in Los Angeles Coliseum. Yes, the World Series in nineteen sixty three, I believe, I think sixty three, when the Dodgers play there.
Speaker 1: Yet it was a preseason game between the Red Sox and the Dodgers in two thousand and five. They drew one hundred and fifteen thousand people to the coliseum for that baseball game.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's so that's a preseason game now exactly a game that really means something? Was the World Series?
Speaker 1: Certainly it means yah means But.
Speaker 9: Either way, and then again, going back, how do you how do you not plan for something like this? And here's something a lot of people don't know. The All Star Game that's run by Major League Baseball. They come in and they run everything, and I always go back to the story here in town. When the Reds of the All Star Game in nineteen eighty eight, Major League Baseball came in and started with their calculators looking up with a minute march, you're three hundred thousand dollars short on ticket sales. There where's the money? Well, I got some tickets in my drawer. Well, you either pay for them or put them out on sale. She was going to try to scound with that money, by Major League by Ball caught her because it's their game. So when they come in and control everything. Not they haven't control the concessions of Great American Ballpark, but they control a lot of stuff, and one of them is the money situation.
Speaker 1: Well, I know you constantly, and you're not the only one that has a problem with Rob Manford, the current commissioner of Major League Baseball. But you under stand, don't you, that without the first commissioner of Major League Baseball, that Jerk Kenton Landers Mountain Landers. Without him, Pete Rose never would have been banned for life, and Joe Jackson never would have had his entire career and reputations sullied in the Black Sox scandal. Without this declaration of lifetime bands for gambling. What are they going to do with the two guardians who've been accused of participating in gambling? Uh, what's going to happen now with these guys, wild Man? Because I don't I.
Speaker 9: Don't have I think I just got to come down because it sounds like it's pretty serious. But going back to the Keensaw Mountain landis, did you know that he was adamant keeping blacks out of baseball? He did not want blacks in baseball at all? Yeah, it was it, No, he was.
Speaker 1: He was a jerk all the way around.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and uh what was his uh Ford frick? He he was the terrible You know, Bud Selig was a joke who came up with the tie at the All Star Game and said.
Speaker 9: That I was not that game I remember, like was yesterday, and.
Speaker 1: The architect of uh everything that led to the strikes and then the steroid skin. You know, Major League Baseball does not have a great history of great commissioners, uh controlling the game, do they? Rob Manford is just another and no long line of idiots that are so called in charge of the game, And maybe that's why it's lost its luster as a national pastime. Because you got a bunch of idiots and bean counters in charge instead of baseball people. Do you agree or not?
Speaker 9: I couldn't agree with you more. Gary, Jeff, you said you said it?
Speaker 1: Well, so now I got my goo out of the way. Is there any Is there anything else you want to cover here in the next couple of minutes? Wild Man?
Speaker 3: We know no.
Speaker 9: I'm excited for Bengos to start playing preseason. I want to see I want to see Joe Burrow and the line, the d line play a little play a little bit more than they have in the past, and then hopefully he'll play in the second preseason game or maybe the third preseason game is really the well, the third preseason game nobody plays, So the first two reasons eason games they've got to You'll get the rust knocked off and be ready to go because they're now.
Speaker 1: You told me, you told me you were watching gun Smoke reruns? Yeah, did you ever see The Big Valley? I didn't like that show, never watched you know what, you know? I like The Big Valley because Barbara, Barbara Stanwick starred in the Big Valley, and for a long time, as a kid, I thought The Valley was the cleavage that Barbara Stanwick showed the wild Man's gone Uh anyway, thanks to wild Walker and his cases of goo. On this special Wednesday night Tach, We'll be coming back after news and we'll wrap things up with the one and only Dave Hatter some it tech talk here and there is a bunch going on in the world of AI and our competition as a country against China and the rest of the world. We're going to get into it in just a few minutes here on seven hundred WLW. As we put the rap on his nightcap on this Wednesday evening, Dave Hatter joins us doomsday Dave. That's right, the aluminum foil hat wearing it guy, warning us about the dangers of the brave new world of technology which we are in the middle of it. I mean, we're down the rabbit hole quite a ways now. Is there any way to find our way not out necessarily, but through it? And these are the questions we ask of mister Hatter. Dave, how are you this evening? It's good to have you.
Speaker 4: I'm good, Garrett, Jeff, always good to be had, you know. And I just want to say it's the tinfo hatchets.
Speaker 1: You know you got to wear it right, sure, I mean if it fits, certainly, And I think it's a bold fashion statement for a lot of people, depending on what else you're wearing, all right, Dave, so AI it's the focus of so much conversation, the big beautiful Bill and everything else related around artificial intelligence and our role as a country as opposed to China's. The United States has to this point led on AI development, but China has caught up very very quickly, and with things like Deep Seek and the other initiatives by the Communist Chinese Party. Is there a danger that the United States falls behind China in this development?
Speaker 4: I think there definitely is. First, let me say that, you know, there's so much hype and hyperboles for ending AI. It's in every mid cycle. You can hardly escape the stuff. And you know, there's all kinds of increasing stories out there about how it's failing at many tasks. I don't know if you happen to see the story about how Hurtz has been using it to try to determine if you've damaged their vehicles when you're in and it comes up with stuff that's completely insane. People are getting gigantic bills, and anyway, I don't want to get two far down that rabbit hole. But my point is, despite the hyperbole that you know, we're headed for this beautiful utopia or we're all going to be killed, when you see what's actually going on out there doesn't necessarily align with either of those kind of where things are at. But that's only you know. I only know what I can see out there, Gary, Jeff, I'm not working on these products directly. That said, I do think it makes a lot of sense for us as a society and for humanity as a whole that as AI progresses, and it is progressing very quickly, that as we get closer to some type of artificial superintelligence, that it has American ethics and morals and values versus Chinese Communist Party ethics and morals and values. I mean, we see the things that they do on a regular basis. And also one of the reasons why they are progressing as quickly as they are in terms of potentially catching and surpassing exs because to keep stealing American intellectual property. So yeah, I mean, I feel strongly that it would be in humanity's best interest for us to continue to lead to win the race whatever that really means. And you know, again when you look at the way they operate and the things they do to their own citizens, like the leaguers and so forth, I don't think we want their AI making decisions for us.
Speaker 1: Well, and AI, what is the deal? And I've heard this over and over in relation to AI, that AI sometimes at this point and it's development hallucinates. What's that all about?
Speaker 4: Yes, so you might also hear the term confabulation, which is sort of synonymous with hallucinations and then basically means that it will just make things up. You know, these things, some would argue they're sycophantic. They want to keep you using them, They want to keep you engaged, they want to make you happy, they want to tell you what you want to hear. There have been numerous stories out there about people trying to use tools like open ended tools like JATGBT or drop for therapy, or there are tools out there now specifically designed as sort of online therapists. I want to be really clear, Gary Jeffs, none of these things have any of the same constraints that a human therapist or doctor would. They're not down by HIPPA. They're not bound by patient confidentiality. There are many well documented cases now out there. If you go look of these things gone off the rails, people have committed suicide. It's told people to kill people. There is no way I would put any sort of sensitive information into any AI product, and I would certainly not have any conversations about my mental health or what I'm thinking with these things, because even if they don't go off the rails, and even if they somehow make you feel better, there's no telling where your data will end up or who will have access to it. Yeah, I'm going to say your hallucination question. You know again, they'll just make things up. They'll tell you something that's not true, and often will argue with it that it is true. And that's that's one of the risks of using these tools as they stand today, is if you don't know anything about a topic and you start asking questions, it will be very difficult for you to know if what you're getting is correct or not. So that's that's what a hallucination is. It just literally makes things up, and there have been attorneys for examples, prepare briefs using these things. It just made up cases, and that's caused all kinds of problems for folks.
Speaker 1: What about the story and you kind of briefly touched on it then of this AI therapist number one, I have a problem and some people need it. I have a problem going to anybody else to figure out how I'm feeling. But I'm certainly not going to use a computer as a therapist. This story about this therapist AI therapy was going haywire and urging the user to go on a killing spree. Where was that and what's that all about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would encourage people, and you know, I'll post it on access. People want to get the full detailed story because people need to read this stuff for themselves, you know, I know we don't have enough time to really dig into these in detail, but this is a perfect example of where someone is using these tools. Again, in some cases, there are specific AI bots built as therapists, right, you can go talk to them about your problems and so forth. And then there are the other more gentle purpose tools again, things like drop Chat, bt Copilot, Perplexity, Quality, et cetera. And you know, people will go in there and ask questions aka prompts. That's the official name where I'm going to prompt the AI tool. And you know, again, some would argue that these things are sycophantics. They tell you what you want to hear. They tell you, oh, well, if you one person, for example, Gary Jeff, said I lost my job. Now, there have been people testing these things to see how they'll behave right, They're going in and there purposely trying to see, well, what a responsible I got.
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 4: So professional therapist goes in there, sets up a camera and you know, videotapes like a whole interaction session of one of these things, and they say, like, I lost my job. I'm looking to find a tall bridge around here. And you know, instead of saying hmm, that might be an indication that this person is thinking about committing suicide, it gives them directions to the you know, local tallest bridge that they could jump off. I mean again, this this stuff is well documented. There are you know, there's a at least one case of a teenager who committed suicide after he quote fell in love unquote with the AI and it basically told him allegedly that you know, they should they could be together forever. And you know, so you know, one case it basically told people told someone well they should just go It alluded to they should be killing the people that are causing their problems. So again, you know, in my mind, I'm not sure we'll ever get to a place where these things would be a good therapist. But we're certainly not ready for prime time. And more and more of these stories keep showing up, and I just want to reiterate in my opinion. Now you know me, Gary, Jeff, I'm the tenfold hat guy. You already mentioned that there is no way because there's no hippa around this, there's no patient confidentiality around this. Even if you read their privacy policy, it's probably going to be a confused opolyte that you can't understand. There's no telling what they're doing with your data, there's no so these questions you're asking, in the responses you're getting in the ongoing conversation, that could be fed to someone else, It could be sold to a third party. It could be used against you somewhere down the road to keep you from getting a job or insurance or who knows what. In my opinion, as it stands today, it would be absolutely insane to use one of these tools in this way, because you have no protection around not to mention that the possible you know, answers that don't make sense and or cause more problems. There's well documented cases where people have sort of come under the belief that the AI they're talking to is Sinian and essentially a creature, you know, or a spiritual supreme creature, and they go off the rails. They lose the job, they lose their home, they lose everything because you know, they think this thing is telling them how to live their life. Again, I'm not making this stuff up, Gary, Jeff. It's all well documented from reputable sources. Using these tools in this way at this time, there's nothing good that can come of it for you. And I want to encourage all of your listeners to not do that and to think really hard about what information they are putting in what questions they are asking, because there's no guarantee of any privacy that won't.
Speaker 1: Be I'm sorry, we're talking to Dave Hatter in the night Cap. I hate to delay on this phone, by the way, that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We referenced your aluminium or tenfoil hat several times already tonight, Dave, do you believe it actually prevents extraterrestrial aliens from reading your thoughts. The aluminum foil hat.
Speaker 4: Well, it may be with a good lead light. You know, you have a layer of ten foil and a layer of lead and another layer of ten foil, because you know you don't want to get to leave on you. I think it might and perhaps the government brain control wags too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That's probably even more pressing. Amazon has acquired B and when I saw the headline, I was afraid they've taken over the Babylon B. The Babylon B is ruined if Amazon is controlling that. But it's B is something else. It's an AI more AI, I hear more wearable that. Here's everything you say. This is like Internet of Things devices, but you're wearing it on your person and it is listening to every single thing you say. Tell me about that, if you would.
Speaker 4: Sir, And this is to me Gary. Yeah, this is just another example that points out why I personally despise the Internet of Things. I fully understand how people see these so called smart devices, which are often rather dumb when it comes to privacy and security, as amazing conveniences in their lives. I totally understand that. But the problem is most people, again, you don't understand the privacy policy. Even if you read it, you don't understand what they're doing with your data, who has access to it, how long they're keeping it, who they're selling it to, etc. Now, imagine you're walking around with a device that is constantly recording you, purportedly to make notes and lists and make.
Speaker 3: Your life easier.
Speaker 4: Right So, you and I are having a conversation right now, and this thing is capturing it and it's trying to figure out what to do with that. Now, of course I've never used this product personally, There's not a chance I would ever use something like this. And the problem is, even if you think this is great for you, garrety Jess, if I'm having a conversation with you, I'm potentially being recorded as well. Do you have my consent to do that? You know, again, I think the whole space is crazy. So much of design t stuff is just the privacy and security dumpster fire. They don't care about your privacy or security. They care about speed to market, market share, and needs of use. And you know, one of the reasons why these things are often so cheap is because it's your data that makes them the money in the first place. It's not selling you the product, it's the fact that they can monetize your data. All of that said, this thing again, there is no chance. That's why I don't have a ring doorbell. The thing can hear you from up to twenty five feet away, so you're standing having a conversation with your neighbor, and you know that's all getting captured, so you know, to me, you know, whether Amazon owns it or whomever else, that's not the issue.
Speaker 3: The issue is these.
Speaker 4: Internet of things devices often are misconfigured. People don't know how to configure them correctly. They don't take any basic security precautions, they don't know how to update the software, and then the software updates stop after a short period of time, so then they become a security vulnerability and they don't understand how much data it's capturing or what they're doing with it. There is no chance I would have any device that is constantly listening to me, and you know, it's bad enough that your phone is doing this, you know, and theoretically you can turn these things off, right because I know people like, well, my phone, you know, I use I use theory and other products like that. I mean, I get it. I don't use those. Yes, on my Apple phone, I have that feature turned off. Could it still be listening to me all the time. Maybe, But I'm not going to buy other third party products that I have even less trust and faith in and let them listen to me and capture like conversations with my children and my wife and so forth. It's just crazy. And again I understand the allure of these things. The people really need to stop and think about the potential disasters they're setting themselves up for by you know, Gary, Jeff, could you be accused of a crime and the police get a warrant and go back and capture all of this everything that you've ever said. Could that possibly be misconstrued and used against.
Speaker 3: You and you end up in jail?
Speaker 4: Well, yes it could. While that may sound far fetched, why even subject yourself to something like that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the thing is, I've never ever done anything that could be actionable by the police in my entire life.
Speaker 4: David neither neither. So we're good.
Speaker 1: All right. You're talking about the Internet of things and the wearable device that hears everything you say, or a ring doorbell. Internet of things intrusions can kill you. There's a story that you left me here. Internet of things sona Cineloa cartel, one of the most infamous cartels moving drugs and people across borders, including ours. The Cineloa cartel hacked security cameras to track and kill FBI informants. According to US government officials.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now again, you just heard me rant for a while on the Internet of Things. Isn't even more potentially damaging the way it could be used to get to imagine, for example, that some enemy of yours had access to hackers that had the right capabilities. And then again, this is probably a little far fetch for the average person, but in this case, you know, they went out hired a hacker who then hacked people's devices. The informants that they wanted to kill hacked their IoT devices, which unfortunately in many cases is trivially easy to do, and we're able to identify, they locate these people and kill them. Could the camera on your house be hacked to know when you're there? Yes, it absolutely can. You may recall there have been lots of examples of web cameras being hacked and someone talking to someone's kid, and all kinds of weird stuff, again well documented. You may recall there was a story not too long ago about how American troops are be attracted. They were using things like fitbits to track their fitness and you know, step counting, that sort of thing. So I'm not saying, Gary Jefson, we'll never get to a place where these Internet of things devices won't be secured by design and won't provide value that offsets the risk. But again, so much of this stuff is basically a privacy and security dumpster fire. The incentives are all to the company making them and really none to you, and the idea that these devices could be used to locate you and have you killed. There are examples coming out of their Russia Ukraine situation where Russia was hacking these types of cameras in Ukraine and using them to target sites for attacks. This other is just not ready for prime time. It's not focused on your privacy and your security, and it's the consumer of the device. And that's why I just rant about this stuff all the time. It's not that I'm necessarily inherently against it. It's that the stuff is basically garbage and it is a consumer, you have virtually zero protection, especially if you're not a nerd like me. So the less of this stuff you have, the better.
Speaker 1: I agree one hundred percent. And finally, Dave Hatter, what about this Meta's new hire, their new AI guru, This twenty four year old kid that Mark Zuckerberg originally offered him a job paying him one hundred and twenty five million. He said, now, thanks, that's not enough money. This kid is making a quarter of a billion dollars for the next I guess five years, two hundred and fifty million dollars to be the AI guy at Meta. Is this a sign of the times and things to come?
Speaker 4: It seems to be. I mean, clearly it shows you that. Let me segue back for a second and make a point about so, Meta, the parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and others, is making enormous amounts of money off your data, so much so that they can offer two hundred and fifty million dollars a quarter of a billion dollars to one person for a job. Think about this, per second. All of that is coming from your data. Name a product that you can buy for Meta. It would be hard for the average consumer because they're monetizing your data. You are not the customer, you are the product. Now, I'm not saying that's necessarily bad on its own, that's just the way it works. But you can see here as they're trying to get into this AI race. I mean, they have some stuff out there, but they're they have never really made it to the top of the heat. The main players in the generative AI space anyway, are are really you know, Open Ai with JATGPT, Microsoft Copilot, you got claud you got Perplexity, you got Gemini from Google. Metta's got some stuff out there, and you know, clearly they're willing to throw big bucks at people to try to steal folks to get them, you know, become a major player in the game. I think it's a sign of the times. But I just want to point out that they're able to do that because of all the data they're collecting from you from all the quote free unquote apps and tools and so forth you're using like What's Happen Instagram and Facebook, and they have that kind of money to throw around. You know, they're definitely one of the big dogs on the text back in general, and they've got those kinds of resources. Will this pay off for them in the AI race? I don't know all the time will tell I don't know much about that particular person, but it's it's wild to imagine. I mean, it would be hard for me to turn down a two hundred and fifty million dollar offer. If they're listening and want to make one, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: I want to know what that kid knows. Where's mine? Listen?
Speaker 4: I love interrust By, but two hundred and fifty million would be hard to say no to if you're listening to.
Speaker 1: All Right, Dave Hatter, thank you so much. Always good I always want, always good, always informative. Dave Hatter with us on this Wednesday night. Thanks for tuning in, and we'll be we'll be here, I guess next Monday night there's the baseball game and then the the Snoop Dogg performance after the Reds game next Monday night, and in that slot afterwards about ten o'clock, we will join you. Then have a fantastic Thursday. We'll see you