Speaker 1: Come in Side, Coming side. Oh my god, you hate this song? Is that correct?
Speaker 2: I do hate this song? I like it, but it's very fitting. Will this show ever end? The snow? The snow will ever in?
Speaker 1: I will say that most of the streets I've been on our bone dry. Good job public works, whoever the hell does that?
Speaker 2: I want to say, yeah, public works, but also Jtown public Works, Jimmy jam.
Speaker 3: Sat Matthew's is better. But that's cool.
Speaker 2: So currently it's eight.
Speaker 3: Listen to.
Speaker 1: By the way, yes you listening to Tell the White Show on news radio eight forty whas right now on the Brownsboro exit. That's where the New VA hospitals they have closed down eastbound and westbound.
Speaker 3: Yay for everyone in Louisville.
Speaker 1: So if that's still down, there was wires across now they have to.
Speaker 3: I know this because you know, I'm married to Saint Matthew's city council person.
Speaker 2: Pretty powerful.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she told me that.
Speaker 1: She goes you have to turn the power off wherever that is, cut it down, shut it, shut it down.
Speaker 2: Now, if I could just intervene for a second, yes, former President Bush, it's being in my best interest. Whenever there's an electric wire on the road to not touch it. Okay, thank you advice.
Speaker 3: I think the power lines had to whatever. Ak R. You are all right?
Speaker 1: So that is so they're gonna have to turn the power off and then get the wires on. So how you know it's going It's like a stallone movie. Just stay in your car.
Speaker 3: Don't panic.
Speaker 1: But I'll have if I mean eight am or whenever this happens, seventh eight am, whenever this happened.
Speaker 2: Is it from the construction site?
Speaker 3: That's a good question, said, I don't know that. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm assuming ice on wires and the wires came down, That's what I'm You know, you.
Speaker 2: Need to call then who the Wichita lineman?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: Oh, I am the lineman for the dow.
Speaker 5: So if you're coming out of Oldham County like I did, I normally come River Road all the way.
Speaker 3: River Road is not very good.
Speaker 5: I haven't even tried it for a few days, so I was gonna come all the way up to seventy one to get on there right where the power lines are done. I managed to get through and get on seventy one, but it's a long wait. So if you're coming out of Oldham County River Road's not very good. You may want to get on the Gene Snyder and take that seventy one all the way in.
Speaker 1: Oh reason, sorry, the reason that that's busy is because that's people going downtown. But it's seventy one. You cut off to seventy one yet.
Speaker 2: Then that must have been what I was dealing with today, because all week coming to the studio, I flew down here like twelve fifteen minutes top. This morning sixty four I start getting backed up, right, Yeah, what happened Ken's lane? So it must be the extra people stitch to your own seventy one.
Speaker 5: Row getting back to normal. Day one it was like hydrogen bomb traffic. Yeah, and day two was like COVID traffic. And now we're getting kind of back to normal.
Speaker 2: Well, JCPS is out today, right, yes.
Speaker 3: And that'll be out tomorrow again.
Speaker 1: Trinity High School, I know for sure, has canceled Friday also.
Speaker 2: So I think JCPS will return on February seventeenth.
Speaker 1: All right, So at ten o'clock we are going to go to ABC News and a special report honoring former President Jimmy Carter and his funeral. I don't know the rundown of who's speaking sometimes. Is it mostly relatives or is it former presidents?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I got a combination all of the above.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you imagine the nightmare that that is for secret service having?
Speaker 3: You know, I think Ricky Gervais is going to open things.
Speaker 1: I mean Biden can't talk. No, I mean that's a double statement. Can't talk today and he can't talk in general. I know, Dave, you Sawways speak yesterday.
Speaker 5: Oh he made he was in Los Angeles already, so we didn't fly there to be with the victims or say anything. And he essentially came out and said, hey, so you know, thoughts and prayers, and I heard from my grant son and we thought their house burned down.
Speaker 3: And then we got a cutch Okay, we got.
Speaker 5: A call and it it's fine, and oh, hey, I'm a great granddad just found out.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 1: Uh so he I'm sure they're not going to parade him up there. There's no possible way. So and and we just had former President Bush. That would be a great that would be a great person to talk. That's what he's great at. Really, he's really become he's an artist now.
Speaker 2: He's a guy you want to get a beer with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see him what you look over in a Houston game, baseball game and thenerever he is sitting.
Speaker 2: So I picked up the phone. I said to him, I said, I said, shad him. We're gonna get you asked in a spider hoo. Oh my gosh, tell another one, mister, uh J. Robert Stivers is on TV. Yes, Senator, he's wearing a Monday night football headset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love Robert Steivers. I don't know what the hell he's talking about. I'm I'm had to get to this yesterday and he's the Senate president.
Speaker 2: That way president. I met to get to this yesterday, but I didn't. But I'm gonna do it now. Bill Murray's coming to town or did I do this? No, I didn't do this. Bill Murray's coming to town.
Speaker 3: We talked about it. Yeah, all Zemer is real.
Speaker 2: Hey, I mentioned that Bill Murray's coming to town.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: OK. Yeah, So I'm scrawling through and I got served an ad Bill Murray coming to the Louisville Palace Theater.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he did stand up.
Speaker 2: I didn't neither, So immediately I text you say, Hey, dude, Bill Murray's coming. I didn't know he did stand up us. Neither did I. So I looked it up because I'm getting served from stub Hub. So I looked it up, and evidently it's like a karaoke tour. He's not good. He's not doing stand up. He's he's still like karaoke.
Speaker 3: He's just like a Charlie Sheen one man show is stupid.
Speaker 2: No, he's backed by a band. I didn't. I didn't dive too much into it, but I will.
Speaker 3: The only thing he did was when he did the lounge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's Bill Murray.
Speaker 3: I mean you.
Speaker 2: People show up no matter what he does.
Speaker 1: I've seen some of the most brilliant careers at the end go out like.
Speaker 2: Well you know what I started to say, but not Bill Murray. And then I reflect back that last movie I watched of.
Speaker 3: It, Yeah it was terrible.
Speaker 2: It was horrible.
Speaker 3: The one with the aliens, Yeah, it was awful.
Speaker 2: The premise was zombies in a small Town. I love zombie movies.
Speaker 3: They wrote Bill Murray.
Speaker 1: That every scene is supposed to be funny, and there were not one funny line or scene in the entire hour and a half. I was like, but you can't stop watching it because you're waiting for the funny, like give me one line, give me one funny line, all the way to the end, all the way to the end, and you just.
Speaker 3: Go, okay, Yeah, that was uh that was kind of same. Look what I found.
Speaker 1: See, kids don't even know what they're missing. While my parents used to walk into a lounge by the way in a hotel that.
Speaker 3: What was that about?
Speaker 1: I don't know, walk right upstairs and kidding me, I guess there'd be lots of plants, and who the hell is Jerry Green?
Speaker 3: So uh so they would.
Speaker 1: You'd go to a go do, drive to a hotel and you would walk into the lounge and a guy would have a piano singing whatever whatever, and it was and the carpet was weird, the leather button tucked leathers barstools, and the glasses for the booze were really small.
Speaker 3: It was probably as Jerry Green. He opened with this one a lot.
Speaker 1: Fine, You knew Jerry Green? Yes, Oh, I didn't know that. I didn't know he was a real person. Jerry Green was the name of the lounges in all of these holiday inns, all over town.
Speaker 3: No, it was a man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the band. It was a hell of It was a hell of a band.
Speaker 3: I thought the name of the lounge was the Jerry Jerry Jerry Green.
Speaker 2: It was one hell of a band.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Is he still alive? Can we find that out? Can someone go go get me Jerry Green? Hey, get me Green on the phone.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: He used to have the lounge up there at the waters and it's now a fresh market and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Then he was in the Breckinridge In or over there.
Speaker 2: It is, That's where I saw. I'm Breckenridge In and then no flight to the game. And then he was over off Newburgh. It was almost like he was following us. And then he was over off the one off Newburgh. He was a Jerry was a Jerry one lounge. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The last time I got sick drinking was outside of Jerry Green on my wife's fiftieth birthdays.
Speaker 3: Who knew? What a sweet story. But an American boy and his girl.
Speaker 2: You talked about Robert Goulay. Do you remember the time, And Dave, I don't know if you remember this or not, but I went to uh get my hair cut because this girl was hot shocking. And she talked me into dyeing my hair black. And she died my beard black, my eyebrows, my hair black. And at the time when I was in the barber chair, I'm like, anything you want, Okay, I thought, Yeah, it's gonna take me longer, so I'll be hanging out with her longer. Yeah, I'm in there.
Speaker 3: It's a special guy to get you to change your hair color.
Speaker 2: So so the next morning I woke up and I'll look in the mirror. I said, oh, what have I done. I can either take myself out or I can go to work. And I struggled with that for forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: It's shocking to hear you have impulse issues. Okay, you mentioned Robert Goule, remember these.
Speaker 2: Hey, uh, I will say this what Jip Sowbo from the Louisville Bats. The band was known as Jerry Green and Friends. Is I get me Jerry Green's stat.
Speaker 1: With stat mean I'm not sure right right now? Okay, I will tell you. I will tell you that we forget the Rick Patino. Kentucky fever wasn't just here. Nationwide, people like, what the heck is going on at Kentucky? You got Robert Goulay singing songs about you. Yeah, it's pretty cool. Right, Even as a Louwell fan, I was like, that's pretty cool what they're doing. It's pretty cool, all right. The heat is annoying and can be uncomfortable, but cold is painful.
Speaker 2: Like I'd rather have the heat.
Speaker 3: I'd rather have heat all day.
Speaker 2: Coming from a guy that walks away, I'm naked as soon as he gets home.
Speaker 1: Could have done without that. Yeah, but we it's not just today and tonight. It's gonna be tonight too. It's gonna be freezing cold and then snow comes in tomorrow, so watch out. But you want to keep an eye on that feels like temperature too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm ready for a warm front.
Speaker 3: So again, Jimmy Carter, ten o'clock. I think they're gonna go an hour.
Speaker 2: No, there's no way, there's no way that all these political figures are gonna get up there and get it wrapped in an hour.
Speaker 3: Let's make it interesting.
Speaker 2: It's bad on it, Okay, fine, I say it hour forty five, No, okay, I'll sit the over.
Speaker 1: Under, okay, over under at an hour thirty under. Really, I was gonna send a time. I think well, I think an hour four minutes. I can't I can commit to a time, but I'll do wonder.
Speaker 2: I'll go five bucks under, I'll go five bucks overway. If you want to get it on this no, come on, come on, Magan, a little action on the show.
Speaker 5: It's gonna go over a. ABC does plan is an anchored one hour special. Other networks and outlets are going for two. So will ABC adjust their plan?
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 5: Check back in at ten if you don't, I'm sorry eleven if you don't plan on listening.
Speaker 2: Anybody has a plan until they get hit in the math. Thank you, Thank you, bad.
Speaker 3: Mike kist athletic with what is bad Tony even Netty taking the under over?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Perhaps, as sister, we like to watch the presidential funeral of Jimmy Cobby with me? I think it would be well over an hour.
Speaker 3: How about bad John Wayne over and under?
Speaker 2: Well, in my day we would just dig a O and stick the president in it. It took five minutes.
Speaker 3: Wow, he im.
Speaker 2: That deserves a little bit more of a didn't define service in that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of older actors, the funny thing not funny thing. If you're watching these pala stades, fires yesterday. The reporter doesn't know who Steve Gutenberg is. I know, so they think he The reporter is interviewing Steve Gutenberg as just a citizen on the road, and the anchors have to go, that's Steve Gutenberg, dude.
Speaker 3: Do you live around here, sir? Yes?
Speaker 2: No, because he started helping out people.
Speaker 1: Will he was, he was moving people's cars, and they had him on today because finally their networks were like Gutenberg's in the middle of this.
Speaker 2: Yes, get him on, and Steve Gutenberg did the show. He's a great guy. Remember, see was a great guy.
Speaker 3: He did twenty Minutes with us.
Speaker 1: He was one of the more popular actors for about fifteen years in the early eighties to early nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three men in Abay.
Speaker 3: The Short Circuit. Short Circuit was a cute movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, won't get any older or well whenever. We still don't have those robots speaking of people not knowing who the other person is. So there's this band, Nappy Roots rap band. So I started to send this article to you guys, but I didn't. I read an article last night. It happened here in Kentucky. I don't know if it was a little overaware but he got one of the members. His name is like our prophet for this his stage name. And so he gets pulled over. I don't know what he was pulled over for, so I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: Say that's a rap guy. Odds are.
Speaker 2: So he gets pulled over, and he has left Nappy Roots and evidently starting a solo career as our Prophet, and they're trying to get him, you know, to comply, and he keeps yelling at the cops I'm our profit. I'm our profit. I'm our profit. And the article because then the article is talking about this. This is the state trooper trooper recanting it. And the state trooper goes, well, we didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Is Kep young Man? I'm our profit? Well, can you exit the vehicle? I'm our profit.
Speaker 1: The longevity of being recognized in today's celebrity world is much shorter than it used to.
Speaker 3: Be in the old days. Yeah, and police love do you know who I am? Yeah? They love that. Pull that out of your pocket.
Speaker 2: I never used that, but do always let them know that you pay their salary.
Speaker 3: I've never heard you know who I am, but I've tried bribery you know what the.
Speaker 2: Worst is for me is when we go out somewhere to a party or go out to baron notes wherever, and somebody goes, hey, you know who this is? You know who this is? This is where I went. I'm like, please please, because every time they're like, we don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: I was I was getting in trouble by police and won't say why and uh and I had a pair of guns and Roses.
Speaker 3: Tickets in my pocket.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, So he walked away and I said, sir, sir, I was like, you seem to have dropped these tickets.
Speaker 2: You know, what do you do? He said? Tony went, He say, hey, Offsite, Hey, Offsite, these Magons guns and Roses tickets. You see them? These fell out of your pocket? Offsite? Are these mag guns and Rouses tickets? Are they you have guns and Roses tickets? Because I am confused? So you's assisted with the enjoy these. He took them, put it on the car and said do you want me to add bribery to your chargers?
Speaker 3: I go, no, we're good. Here Did he take the tickets? Eventually? After yes, he did.
Speaker 2: There's probably pissed at you because during that time when you were in rock radio, when Guns n' Roses was a concoct he would show actually up mid but actually would show up at like midnight.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: But you couldn't get tickets and you had to you had to go to Crawl Girl staying out in lining in Freedom Hall.
Speaker 3: You couldn't get tickets.
Speaker 1: And that was one of the things cool things we had about Rocks being a rock DJs is that we had we had a pocket full of tickets.
Speaker 2: So I was just like mister, I will say, the last time I saw Guns and Roses. Hey, second time I get to a reference Glenn Campbell, he's saying wichital Lineman and knocked it out of the park.
Speaker 1: So that's the second time he's requested that. Dave, it's all up to you. Yes, all right, so let's do what we were Wait.
Speaker 2: So let's do baby joke of the day. I'll make it a short one.
Speaker 3: Is next Gen down or as I'm crazy? Dave, It's okay for me, jenoy next Gen A.
Speaker 2: There's a joke. There's three Jennifers. Wait to joke. Hey, foulas man my water with Susan?
Speaker 3: Would you do? Oh the Southern Comfort hot tub?
Speaker 2: No, different kind of hot water. I'm in trouble with her day. So last night she was away doing a little politic hobby she does, you know, And so I picked up her I pad and I see this audio book of.
Speaker 3: Hers she's listening to.
Speaker 2: I started listening as it sounded really interesting. Now I got to a part of confuse me. So I went to rewind it, and I accidentally deleted her audio book. Oh no, ze face, Now I'll never hear the end of it.
Speaker 3: That is your joke of the day, Night two thousand.
Speaker 1: What's it all, lineman, Get off the expressway if you're headed towards Brownsboro Road either direction, folks, all right, it's going to be backed up for a while.
Speaker 3: They're trying to get some wires out of the road. That's where you're hearing. Pop into lots of pasta and have a hot cup of Joe on a day like.
Speaker 5: This, or go to lunch and get some homemade soup if you're a fan like we are, of the Italian wedding soup with the big meatballs and the spinach that's always back in the freezer, The chicken noodles always back there, the curry, lentil that's.
Speaker 3: A vegan soup.
Speaker 5: My wife loves it. I even eat that, and I'm not a vegan. Hello, lots of pasta will take care of you with a hot panini too.
Speaker 3: Back after this on news radio eight forty WA Chance. But first, the simple body shop dot com.
Speaker 5: If you have some dings and dance, you're not going to fix it because you thought it would be too expensive. And if you've dealt with body shops, you're probably right. That's dealt with body shops. But if you deal with the Simplebodyshop dot com, simple, fast, affordable, they can fix your car upfront in two hours or less, certainly same day if it's fairly complicated. Go to the website collect or click on choose the service, and all of the prices and the services are right there. To fix your trunk and tailgate. This is repairing and painting back to new. That's just four hundred dollars. Did somebody sideswipe you or back into you in a parking lot? Your door, repair, repair and paint three hundred and fifty dollars. Stop driving around with the dinged up car. You love your car, and now you can fix it. Insurance not involved and it's very very affordable, upload your photos and then make your appointment all online at the Simplebodyshop dot com.
Speaker 3: You will love them. They're out there in Jaytown, Gene Snyder and Taylorsville Road. As we listen to Glenn Campbell, I.
Speaker 2: Am mad enough to admit when I'm wrong. When I got the judge wrong, I didn't have to do it on the show, but I brought it up, and I admit when I was wrong. Occasionally, every once in a while, you step in it. I step in it, and I go from zero to one hundred without getting the facts. That's what I did with RiverLink. And here's what the thing that the most disturbing party is when you find out that it was my fault. I felt horrible, But then when I called and I talked to him, the lady was so nice and they fixed it immediately and even even deducted the charge.
Speaker 3: Even though you're a jerk face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so I feel horrible, but I wanted to apologize in person.
Speaker 4: Hello, dear friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, for.
Speaker 3: One hundred years.
Speaker 2: It's a long story. Longer. I got a bill. I thought it was incorrect. Come to find out it was my fault all along, some mis all good, it's all right, mistation made. But what made me feel worse is when I called they corrected it immediately, right, and she was so nice. Yep, and she even put a little disc content.
Speaker 4: There are solutions, there are answers, But we know, guys, and I say this with the greatest affection because you guys know, I think you're fantastic, awesome. What do we do when something happens and you know, life is busy, we all love it. Something happens, We get a bill and we're like what, I'm a riveling customer, Why am I getting a bill? And then we're like this can't be right. And so then you get a little mad. You set it aside and you're like, oh, that can't be right. Then what happens if you don't deal with it? You get another bill and that's where you were, and it goes frustrated it and you have a fee and you're like, what the heck? What's going on?
Speaker 2: So two things.
Speaker 4: You had a little frustration, right, yeah, right, so two things.
Speaker 2: When I realized it was my fault, yeah, I called you and apologized to you. And I wanted to apologize to you on the air. But I also wanted you bring you on the air because other people might not know that they have an issue with their transponder or their credit card, and you all will help them as well.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh, for heaven's sake, Yes, so the three of you. So you know you were on air a few weeks ago you had some perceived issues. Hated to hear that. But again, is anybody ever going to like tolling? No, nobody ever's going to say is the greatest thing ever. So you have an issue, you have a problem, and then you're like, well, this can't be right. And really, truly, it becomes all of the other things. Life is so busy. RiverLink is not at the very top of the list. You think you're in good shape, so you don't think you can that this can be right. You set it aside. The problem doesn't go away if you don't address it. Any issue, if it's if it's if it's our issue, if it's Riverlink's issue, we have to know so we can fix it. I'm not here to say that this is a perfect system, but I have been around long enough to know this. I've talked to so many people, and this is one of the reasons why I thought it was a great idea to come on. There are the ticky tacky things going on, there is an almost always a pretty easy solution. These three cases, all of them, you guys quickly unwound. I mean like right away we're able to say, hey, what's going on, and we figured out what the problem was. There were no RiverLink issues. It's just a matter of, hey, we made some goofs. We didn't know, we didn't know how the system works.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes it's nobody's fault. Sometimes it's no one's fault. Yes, we just need to be addressed.
Speaker 1: And you said, no one likes you know, it's not the favorite thing they have tolds, but I do will say. I remember before Lincoln was built, and how I drive into Indiana was a nightmare because now I had to time it, like if after the show, having to go back across the bridge.
Speaker 3: I was like, honey, I'll see you in an hour.
Speaker 1: But now I've never since it's been built, I've had zero traffic jams on the Kennedy of the Lincoln. And that is and with my son at school Indiana, it is, it's it's awesome. So I definitely I want to pay because it's worth it to.
Speaker 4: Meest sense of the userphe and I will say this, this will blow your mind a little bit tony, because it is hard to remember what it was like before we had the Lincoln, before we had the East End.
Speaker 3: Like soronos, don't use the usage.
Speaker 4: Every that's driving eight miles plus downtown across the river because it didn't connect on the East End. Ten years it has been.
Speaker 3: Ten Oh my gosh, that is crazy.
Speaker 4: We opened the Lincoln at the end of fifteen and then the project was complete in twenty sixteen. So ten years since we've had the Lincoln. And if you remember, that's when we started working on the Kennedy. We own we had north and south traffic on the Lincoln. You don't even remember these things anymore. I swear we have thirteen lanes.
Speaker 1: Of the way down down, redid all these Sphetty junctions, like all these redid the whole Stetty junction. We forget how much of a nightmare having just the Kennedy both ways day were yeah.
Speaker 4: And there'ss and one other thing you know to mention quickly because people say all the time, oh, tolls, they've been around forever this has to be paid for. This was a two point three billion dollar project. It's just like when you when you buy a house, Dwhite. I mean, it would be great if you bought a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars house and they say that pay us two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 4: You pay all of that interest. All of that interest is front loaded. You have payments that go on for so many years.
Speaker 3: So the project, actually that's a bargain. Now, that's a bargain. So you say two point four for both, right, yeah, two double.
Speaker 2: In all fairness, they had a Bogo coupon. Big Bridge had a Bugo coupon. But I want to I want to get back because seriously, this is a this is a situation where I thought I was in the right. I got pissed off. And what made me feel sincerely, what made me feel bad is when I called and they it was no time at all, and they fixed it. And then she even she not only deducted the fees, but then she gave me a discount on.
Speaker 4: Genuinely, Oh yeah, so let's bring through those quickly. Let's so so, Dwight. It was as simple yes, go ahead, Yeah, you got your bill?
Speaker 3: Why am I getting a bill?
Speaker 4: I've always had a You've done it right, You've always had an account, you keep money in the account, always worked for you. And you're like, what the heck? Why am I getting a bill? This was a simple thing. You are a man who likes certain things.
Speaker 6: You have a vanity plates and a four and a half years ago, I made my jeep Cobbo and my Harley Davison wabble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, and I didn't. You're a cool guy. What you're going down?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But that was my issue is I never connected the new vanity plate, and.
Speaker 4: So we don't know. So all we had is the vehicle, the registration number. We know that jeep belongs to Dwight. We did not know about the Cabo plate because you never told RiverLink. If you had gone to your account and you go to that big green button on the homepage and you go to manage account and you just change your license plate, you know, take the old one off, add the new one. So what happened is there for some reason your transponder didn't read it has always read. They're highly highly reliable. It could have been a severe weather situation. It could have been a bird flying in front of the camera.
Speaker 3: Something happened.
Speaker 2: It could have been the stick people family that I put on top of my transpont things.
Speaker 4: Transponder didn't read. So what would have happened if you had registered your plate? And this is because I bought a new vehicle. I didn't put my transponder in right away. I crossed the bridge and I was like, uh, yeah. All they do is they look up my license plate. I put on my temporary tag when I had it, took it off, put my real license plate when it came. They looked up my license plate and they go, ah, she has an account, she has money in it. Let's take out the transponder rate. Let's take out the two fifty two. It came out of my account and it's marked on my statement. It says vetoll. Nobody's gonna know what that means. That's a video time. Why you said it transponding? Yeah, Why you said it earlier? You like, because it's a convenient, but you don't. It's not on the top of your mind. We got four hundred million things to go each day, and our situation was it was just, oh, a stolen credit card. So then stolen CURK card and we had three cars. So here's another in lives problem.
Speaker 1: You owned so John's cars in my name, Jackie's bags cars in Jackie's name. So now the bills are coming to what address is it. Let's say John movesday over here, and then the address goes over here, and then it catches up. I think one of the things I would suggest is, uh, there's there's a two fold there's mail and email. Don't ignore an email even so it says no reply. Yep, RiverLink. Click on that like it's a doctor's office, and I will give you.
Speaker 4: Even a better tip on that. Get the text updates. So like, that's what I signed up for.
Speaker 2: This is what you have to go. Hold on dot com, go to the top right hand cord.
Speaker 4: Okay, do the drop down and go to your account settings. This is after you've signed into your accounts notification preferences. I get my statement. You know whatever, it's email, It's fine. I know what my statement is. A deal notices. Every single notice I've signed up for SMS text notices. So I got one about six weeks ago, got a text notes my credit card didn't process.
Speaker 3: I'm like what the heck, what I'm doing that? Today?
Speaker 4: I logged onto my account. I had less than a dollar in my account. I was going to Indie the next day. I'm like, what's happening? So I dropped twenty dollars in.
Speaker 3: I never went negative.
Speaker 4: I would have got negative. I would have gotten the bill. Drop twenty dollars in, looked at it. I got a new expiration date on my credit card. This is what Dave's situation was.
Speaker 2: When you got a bill.
Speaker 4: I can we all get credit cards to mail, new account, same account number, the expiration date updated. You have, you have garbage, you have cable, you have Internet, you have lgen all all of them you have to update. When you're on the auto pay. RiverLink may not be top of mind. You have to have the prepaid account. All of your vehicles, Tony, this was your issue. All of your vehicles registered to that account, transponders in, and you have to keep money in your account. Auto replenishment, simplest thing ever you do. All of those things, you never hear from RiverLink. You cross the bridges, you enjoy the benefits, you have that faster commute, and you never hear.
Speaker 1: From So I had the conversation with a nine year old. Look, honey, if you're going to go over to your favorite donut shop, take the second Street bridge because it's gonna cost me.
Speaker 2: What can you stop? Stop doing that? Yeah, like we do.
Speaker 1: But if you're it's my nine year old daughter and her friends going, let's go to that donut shop in Jernsonville, stop gold the second Street because it'll add eight, you know, a couple of dollars to that donut shopping day.
Speaker 3: Yours is resolved. Yours is were resolved due Yeah, as all said, I have a credit card that expired.
Speaker 5: Didn't technically expire to me because it's the same card and the same numbers, but on that card the date said it had expired. So I started getting paper bills. I'm like, what's going on? I have an account, so just had to update the card, as simple as that.
Speaker 3: Ye, there you go.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so again I wanted to apologize in person, but also wanted listeners to know that if you're going through something like this, just give them a call. It was not painful at all. Sincerely, I'm saying that was not painful.
Speaker 4: All was quick and then she was well, and you know that's a great point too, because people think, ugh, I can I can't reach RiverLink because there were times when it was it was difficult to get in. That was many moons ago, so I will tell you in December, and December was even higher. Average was just over a minute whole time, and that was high for us past several months before that. Under thirty seconds. You call eight five five RiFL, you get through. So the moral of the story as we wrap up, Yeah, and you have an issue. The issue doesn't get better without addressing right, whether it is whether it's on RiverLink or whether it's on you and it let us help you. If there's a problem, it's usually quick and easy.
Speaker 3: Let us help you.
Speaker 4: Don't let the bills come back. The problem doesn't go away if you ignore it, it gets bigger, that gets painful, we get frustrated. Reach out to RiverLink. They're going to help you out.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I also will say this, because we're talking about this, it may be a few more it may be a few minutes of whole Because you guys have a lot of people that listen to you. You're popular, and people will be like, oh, I need to call RiverLink now. That might be my situation. Please do reach out, but no, it may be a few minutes now that you're waiting because call volumes go up, all times go up.
Speaker 1: We appreciate the patience that RiverLink has had with us, and my wife made all the calls I need to and they had a great relationship.
Speaker 3: But I will say this about this show. We went to twelve years ago.
Speaker 1: We decided to make highway safety a priority on this show and we made it our title sponsor for twelve years running. And we we because we believe in it. We believe in highway safety and don't drive distracted, watch out for construction. This is the ironic thing here is that we've made our life as highway safety and then we've we stepped in it on this So we apologize for sure, but highway safety is important to this show and moving forward, folks, get the updates on your text message, open the email, and open the mail.
Speaker 3: Okay, do all those things in mindy, We love.
Speaker 2: You so much.
Speaker 4: I love you, and if you have problems, reach out to customer service. Let's solve it. And then it goes away. And that problem that was getting big bigger just disappears.
Speaker 2: We'll make it happen. One last question, Yes, sir, if you had to be stranded on a deserted island, would you choose me, Tony or date Buddy to dump button, Listen, Listen up loved ones. If you have an issue with RiverLink, please contact them. They're going to take care of it for you