Speaker 1: Something you should go something you should know. It was brought to you by GENESISGOLDIIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Learn more and get a free Gold and Silver guide at Genesis goold ira dot com. Excited to have Isabella joining us right now from the Helpline Center. And April is Global Volunteer Month. So this is a good month to volunteer. But every month is a good month to volunteer, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, you know, thanks for having me. And April is just the time that we really highlight the importance of volunteerism and highlight those volunteers who go above and beyond and hopefully encourage others to get involved in volunteering.
Speaker 1: And there's even like some awards going on this week.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so we have the Spirit of Volunteerism Awards Breakfast and so we're honoring volunteers who go above and beyond and our rockstars. That's our theme this year. Volunteers are rock stars.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, And that's next week. Are it is?
Speaker 2: Next week? It's snuck up on us. April's here, and we're really excited though about this event.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a lot of fun, and there's so many wonderful people. And here's the thing that's really nice the helpline Center. We're going to talk a little bit about what you guys do. But one of the things that I want to say, if there's anybody out there going I just don't know anybody, I just don't know people. I'm lonely, you can reach out. These guys will help plug you in to help other people. And now not only are you helping other people, but it's gonna help you as well because it kind of fills fills your cup and you feel like, man, I got to do something awesome today. So, if somebody would like to volunteer, if they'd like to get involved, how does a helpline center do all of that? What is the first step?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we try and make it really easy. I think the easiest way is probably just dialing two on one, right, so folks know they can call two on one for resource information, but also you can call two on one if you want to get connected to volunteer opportunities. So they would walk you through some of those options to volunteer at local nonprofits or you can work directly with me and I'll help you find a fit, right, a volunteer role that's a perfect fit for you, and it's such a great way to help others, but also to meet new people and just get connected in the community.
Speaker 1: If somebody listening is going, Okay, we do an event and we're always looking for volunteers. We're always looking for help. Can they reach out as well?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, we love to share volunteer opportunities that are going on. So we have a website where agencies, nonprofits, churches, right, lots of different organizations can post their volunteer opportunities so that volunteers can find them and easily sign up.
Speaker 1: Very nice. And again, if somebody listening would like to become a volunteer, they can call to on one and they can also go to your website. What is the website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's volunteer dot Helplinecenter dot org. There's hundreds of ways to volunteer on There's some really unique opportunities. One time events Suo Falls Thrive is hosting community education housing course. That's when that's coming up. Oh, there's so many Earth Day opportunities coming up to do cleanups. So there's lots of fun, different opportunities out there.
Speaker 1: And it seems like there's something every time a year, really, isn't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, there's those seasonal type of opportunities like the cleanups, the Thanksgiving give as, the Christmas, right, the holidays are a big time. That's a fun summer outdoor officer.
Speaker 1: There's never a time though, when you're not looking for people to help Isness.
Speaker 2: Oh no, always, there's always in need for volunteers.
Speaker 1: So again, if you're new in town and you're going I just haven't met people yet, here's the way to meet the coolest people, like the best people ever because they also have a volunteer spirit and they've got a wonderful heart. So what a great group of people to meet. What a great place to get plugged in. And again, if you'd like to learn more, reach out to Isabella. What is the best way for them? Is it best to call is best the website?
Speaker 2: You know you can either way. We again, we try and make it really easy, so you can call that two on one line, you can go to the website, you can email volunteer at Helpline Center dot org and that'll come right to me. So anyway that you prefer, we'll get old get in touch with you.
Speaker 1: Very nice. And again when she's saying call two one one, that's the entire number. It's just two one to one and then hit SAMDW on your phone, yep, and it goes right to you, guys. And that's an amazing network all over the United States. But here locally, you guys, are the helpline centers, the people who answer that phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. That's statewide as well, nationwide. Like you said to you, on helpline center answers for the entire state. So they'll ask you right off the bat, what's your zip code? And then they'll get you connected with whatever you need.
Speaker 1: And they're wonderful neighbors. You're just like right across the road from us, she discovered as she got Who's like, what's a lot closer than I thought, Which that's awesome. Well, and again, if people would like to volunteer, I encourage you to do that. I've met some of my best friends, some of the coolest people I know by volunteering on a committee together and then we get to know each other. And it's like, that's not part of it. It's not like Hey, if you join this, you're going to be friends. Just that kind of just happens because you meet kind hearted, like minded people and you get to go and do cool stuff. Yeah. Well, thank you for doing what you do and thanks for stopping in to chat with us today. Yeah, thanks so much again. Isabella is with the Helpline Center. You can learn more at Helplinecenter dot org. Something something you should Know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and silver guide now at Genesis Gold r A dot com