Speaker 1: Attention, universe be shooting. Tune in next week for another exciting episode of Earth. The Asians are really stuid at the Russians. The Zebra's try to get along with the Buffalo, and the Americans and Iraqis have.
Speaker 2: It all out wrang. It's outrageous fun and it's all New Earth. I'm fig no kick.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the first episode of Going Down to South Park. He on the four figured discount network for season seven. I am Dando and I am guy. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, what this has all happened before? It has all happened before.
Speaker 2: I said, this is about ninety six times. Indeed, indeed. But yes, we're back, baby, we are back Going down to South Park. We are back for twenty twenty five, and we are made and I'm getting adjusted by Dano. We've got the cameras on hopefully you will see some of this. But Dano has been going wild over the holiday break. He has restudioed the studio. He has moved shelves around, he is readjust relocated desks, new mic stands. I'm looking, I'm looking straight at his face. It's it's wild. You never used to look at my face. You look at the floor. It's cousin Shay. And also because you're so damn Hanson be like looking at the sun, but she just starts having no booms around, isn't it. Well that's true. Yeah, I mean everything feels a lot cleaner, a lot more minimalist. You have sort of Marie condo, the joint. Now this place is just sparking joy, and we hope that we're going to spark joy for you guys as we talk about season seven of South Park. Yes, is episode one of season seven. It's called Cancel.
Speaker 3: It is called cancer. Before we get into cancer though, How was your holiday break? This is the first episode we've recorded this year, twenty twenty five. That is rare after our famous Christmas break where we recorded about two.
Speaker 2: Months with the shows Your Thought Ahead and we got to have a lovely break for a lot of January. I had a really nice time, thank you. Christmas was very sweet, spending it with some of loose family, spending it with some of my family. We had a very good New Year's Eve, friends of ours my house, sitting at a barely nice lowcation that a hot tub. So I saw in the New Year, I saw out twenty twenty four and saw in twenty twenty five in a hot tub. I was literally in a hot tub time machine.
Speaker 3: Did John Jamis White have a top off? That's your only takeaway from hug I must have meant fair cool. No, that did not happen. But I had something even better. I had the lovely Louise next to me.
Speaker 2: That's between us. I love you. Whenever you talk about Louise, you go into cousin Kyle's what between speaking of cousin Carl. Yes, a very stereotypical representations of certain races in Useans. Did the Jews? It's hard to say even stereotypical. It's just this is just flat out no. But I had a very nice Christmas New Year, And entering into twenty twenty five, break, how about yourself?
Speaker 3: I pulled off the greatest Christmas marry call of twenty twenty four. Tell me, I realized I was going through the garage at Christmas time we get all the Christmas decorations about and whatnot, and I realized I remembered that two years ago I purchased a legit Santa costume from a costume short a costume stought was closing down a couple of years ago during COVID, They're like, we can't survive because no one's having parties.
Speaker 2: We need to sell all our shit and survive. Everything must go. Yes, So I bought a Santa Claus outfit, and I thought, I have never worn this.
Speaker 3: So what I did was on Christmas night, kids are going to bed presents under the tree. I set up my phone dressed up as Santa. I took a photo of myself drinking Elliot's milk in the living room and then said, kids, kids, kids, I set up my camera to trick him. And they now have a photo of Santa Claus which is just AKA me, and they think it's the greatest thing of all time.
Speaker 2: They believe because you lad yeah, but yeah, a lie that everybody agrees upon. Well, that's what society is based upon. So good. No, that's a really sweet gesture. That is very very nice. I mean, I don't have young kids that I know of. I don't have any kids that I know of, but young children giving them photographic evidence that Santa was in their house dropping off gifts, enjoying a nice glass of milk. I don't know. That's the gift that keeps on giving. Me maybe you're a good dad. You're a good dad. But canceled.
Speaker 3: I was watching this episode and I'm thinking, oh, we meant to watch it. Oh no, we can just skim through notes if you want. But with canceled, I was watching this going, okay, so there's going to be some sort of go usually watch it first and then do research after. I don't know about the story going into it. I thought, Okay, there's going to be some sort of story somewhere where they wanted to cancel South Park potentially, and then they didn't because they make a point during the episode where they go, no, show's being canceled, and then uncanceled before that other pocision was made. They almost look at the cameras did to say uh huh. But that never happened. I couldn't find any news or research on the fact that it was canceled. This was just meant to be taking the mickey out of reality shows.
Speaker 2: I guess. So. Yeah, I mean there's all there were. For a long time, there was that thing about uh. I think it's especially in the US, or primarily or maybe only in the US, that in television, if you made it to one hundred episodes, that's when you were eligible to be syndicated. Ah, and that's when you started getting that sweet sweet syndication. That's what it is. Then.
Speaker 3: Okay, because this is a repeat, because this was the fourth in production for the season. So when they were making this, this was meant to be the one hundredth episode. It's actually the ninety seventh.
Speaker 2: Correct, And of course they mentioned, yeah, oh, you know, you've read one hundred episodes and you really just start repeating yourself or you start doing all manner of stupid shit. And they're repeating the story the pilot episode and also doing a whole bunch of stupid shit.
Speaker 3: And they do something here that I've always say always, I've said for a while now, I've liked the Simpsons to just do once, and they've done it for a couple of scenes here and there, but just reanimate an original episode in today's form, just to see what it looks like for you now, just to see what it has that charm.
Speaker 2: I don't think it would.
Speaker 3: I just like to see what a classic moment from season two would look like in today's HD format.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't necessarily want to make it canon or anything like that, but yeah, you're right. I mean, if you're a longtime dev of the show, yeah, it's a good thought experiment.
Speaker 3: I guess you're right because when this started they're making the jokes about kicking the baby and the excessive swearing that felt unnecessary. Was just hey, we're cool because we're using curse words and going, oh, I've gone back to this again. I'ment Oh, I know. Oh no, they're getting meta, yes, oh, and they're showing us that they have evolved, they're matured with their comedy.
Speaker 2: But which point, we say, but have they I think they have this.
Speaker 3: Trey says in the commentary for this episode, they need got four five minute commentaries. They don't stick around for the whole episode, that they pretty much just go said everything we need to say, let's move on to the next one. And Trey was saying he thinks season seven, at the time of recording that commentary at least was their best season in the sense that season six was was very good, but season seven was where they really truly hit their peak. I'm excited for it because I thought season six was their peak, but maybe it was their peak at that point.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what's the that Simpson's mean, it's like so far, yeah, particularly like the era of global This is the hardest summer that I've ever had, the hardest sum much sofa. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought that that would have been the moment that gets remembered from the Simpsons movie. That's true, but it gets his dick out. Never forgets that because I'm watching it and I'm like, oh shh, yeah, Penis, yeah, buds, buds, Willie's just there. I think that was meant to be the shocking moment. No, that so far is the one to everyone.
Speaker 2: Really, it's the one that lingers. Absolutely What was I going to say? Oh? Yeah, Well, it feels like every correct me if I'm wrong, not just you, but anyway listening, Because there are fifteen episodes in this season, there are correctly yeah, but there's been the usual, say twenty two or maybe more up until now. So I've never been twenty two? Have they never? Noe? Simpsons?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one last season had seventeen. The one before had sixteen.
Speaker 2: I believe. Wow, Yeah, okay, first season has thirteen. Simons. When I say correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't actually mean correct me if I'm wrong. Tin usually correct you for being wrong. Well, It's good that I'm not wrong all that often, but I was in this case, and I stand corrected. Yeah, and also ashamed and also naked.
Speaker 3: I was impressed. Yesterday, we're recording the movie guide with Malton and Davis, and I corrected Davis by my knowledge. I had to do just to confirm that I was correct. But he said Hulk was released in two thousand and two, and I was like, three, buddy, yea three. I had Hulk gloves in two thousand and three. I got them for my I did't get for my fifteenth birthday. But you know, kids are walking on with Hulk gloves at that time.
Speaker 2: I remember. I certainly appreciate, you know, being corrected. I do not appreciate you giving me bad voice. Who came? Didn't you kidding? Care?
Speaker 3: But this was this was a fun episode. I just was that my phone was that my phone? Did my phone just go off? That I'm not muted? I thought I muted it, Brandon Dand there we go.
Speaker 2: How many times have I entered the Nando studio just get the death your phone off? Stone muted? I didn't mean, I don't mean it that way. I'm just just confirmed. I'm just so used to having. I know you. Nicola gets in and she's like on Instagram. I go, you better be muting.
Speaker 3: That shit, keeping that relationship spizing. Last night we were watching she said, put on something.
Speaker 2: What do we watch? Someone from the Bear? Right? Oh?
Speaker 3: Good for you. Within the first two minutes, Nicola had Instagram out on the phone. I was like, put your.
Speaker 2: Phone down, respect the Bear, which is, by the way, what I used to say on my Tinder profile. Yes.
Speaker 3: Now, actually, before we get into the insanity of today's everisod, mister Davis, we need to actually just pause for a second and pay tribute to a little hero named Billy Slater, a friend of the Dando's and therefore a friend of the podcast. Billy was tragically taken from us over the Christmas period at just the age of eight after a battle with OTC, which is a reguenetic condition that causes ammonia to build up in the blood. His parents, joean Max, two of the most incredib parents you'll ever meet. They are really close friends. Joe is Nicholas's best friend, and I just can't imagine what what they're going through right now. And Billy's brother, and this is the Pipper and Kit breaks my heart and I hate that this has happened to such a wonderful family. I had the pleasure to spend time with them last and we're over there in the UK, and they were such.
Speaker 2: A beautiful family.
Speaker 3: And the reason I've bring this up on going down to South Park is because Billy's favorite song was Mister Hanky the Christmas Pooh A live at the edge of a mistaken the Christmas Pooh was his favorite song, so clearly Billy had good taste. I just wanted to We've got a note here. A fundraise has been set up in the memory of Billy to help raise money for metabolic support perstally for that description of this podcast obviously, but for now, I just want us to take ten second pause, moment of silence for Billy. I don't normally allow long pauses on this show, being a podcast, but I just want us to take ten seconds to just pause for a moment and just think about a loved one, whether they're still with us or whether they're not. Think about someone that you love, Think about some loved ones, and we'll be back in.
Speaker 2: Just a moment.
Speaker 3: What were your favorite moments from the episode.
Speaker 2: I loved Chef pointing out that a proctologist or defining a proctologist as use a doctoral special as in your asshole and the show Yeah, brings up a very interesting point. It's like, Wow, at some point during medical school you decide that's my specialty, That's where I'm going to be focusing all my attention to. Yeah, but I'm wondering if it's like, yeah, I have a deep burning need in myself to cure any ailment involved in the butthole and what's inside the buttle. I hope you know what. You can't see it, but I was doing a.
Speaker 3: Nice little gesture. Why can't you see it? I was not in front of your face, and so we can all see it. The four finger discount, Okay, most people have just got this one finger of Guy's like, we hope the piece of graphic.
Speaker 2: We hope. We hope the folks at the Urban Dictionary will now refer to that act as the four finger discount. We're going to make that happen in twenty twenty five. It was the Wicked was about that I'm in and oh, well, you count. You can't just goes. You've got to sort of ease the way you look, you go for the gusto. Right, We'll go to the gashtro just as the incoming Present of the United States says Project twenty twenty five. That's our project twenty twenty five. We're going to make four finger discount a slang term for just getting a hand all of an ass. But yeah, yeah, at some point doctors just were like, Okay, yeah, that's my area. But I just I like the way Isaac said this one. I loved in that scene.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite moments was Cartman just reading the book as casually waiting, just bousing through. Just a design of it just just hilarious.
Speaker 2: Remind me of the alien races names that are sort of that run the product Arabians.
Speaker 3: I got lost. They were just whacky names. But those two, yes, those two execs who well they were juicians, did I say, Juan Yeah?
Speaker 2: Juans? Yeah, such an egregious stereotype. Now, one could say, because I mean I'm looking at going do these guys look like Harvey Weinstein? Do they look like the ones?
Speaker 3: I thought as well? One of them, one of the right behind the desk, looked like just like Harvey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, so okay, Well in this case will allowed and was that the whole keep that photo you're going to need it?
Speaker 3: Was that then at their take of could be like he's done some rageous ship, like we knew, they knew about it in two thousand and three or whatever.
Speaker 2: This year was oh, look, so many people knew. I mean, we've alluded to this in the past. I mean one of the great moments red carpet history was I think it was in the late nineties Courtney Love was on a red cap. Yeah, and you didn't give it. Some red carpet interviews like what advice do you have for young women in Hollywood? And she was like, stay away from Harvey Weinstein. Respect yes, indeed, yeah, I don't care if you kill girker bat. But I just I like those just being so obnoxious and outrageous. But you know, when they're talking about putting all the various races on, I think they're talking about two particular. They hate it, Chad well, as everyone knows. I'm just a fan of doing that kind of voice.
Speaker 3: I thought there was also just another dig at Independence Day because we get the independence stated here, because that's his dad, isn't it isn't his dad?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Judd Hirsh in Independence Day. Yeah, doesn't he? He talks like that the whole film, doesn't he.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of that because Yeah, I mean you got jud Hirst. Judd Hurst is doing very much this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what. The other one is Harvey far I got to call my lord, call my mother. I forget my lawyer.
Speaker 2: God bless him. Keep Harvey fire scene love that man's voice.
Speaker 3: And the Simpson is still one of the most underrated guest performances of all time.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was thinking about this over the break shopping. Yeah, it's one of my favorite bits in The Simpsons because you know how we always talking about how there were just little bits that stay with you and you don't know and you don't quite know why. Yeah. But is Carl the one who takes him to the tailor? Yeah, conceal it. Yeah, that's the thing that's like you homes has got everything wrong with it. Yeah, he wouldn't look wouldn't look good at anything. And you gets his new hair. Yeah, you con seal it. What a fucking lord. Yeah. At the end, when Carl leaves his pissing rain, it gives home to the umbrella love Karl yeah, but yeah, love Harvey fire scene, but also love John hirshing that because he's yeah, he's not doing that, she's yeah, yeah, but Judd Hursh is very much. Look when there, I may d you're doing really well? What now he's stolen cable?
Speaker 3: And is the dad in Numbers as well? You've watched Numbers? Oh yeah, he's great.
Speaker 2: Numbers is fantastic. Yeah, no, really really fantastic actor.
Speaker 3: But on that note, though I love the Independence Day Jeff Goblum here can I.
Speaker 2: Would have liked it because I mean Jeff Goldblum as well as someone who lends themselves to impressions. Yeah, I thought he was should have done this. I thought they really should have done it. I thought he would have done this too, except you know, and listeners of the show, and unfortunately people in my life, no guy loves to do impressions or try to do impressions. And it's like there's a difference between do and try it well or there is no try and in this case you should not try it. How many times I heard that from The Lovely Luise, But I was saying, oh, how can I do with Jeff goldbluin impersonation? It's like, you can't. You can't. I'm sure people can, but I'm not one of them. Yeah, I'm sure you can, but it's not something that rolls up the tongue easily. Is something like a crystal walking, which I do all the time.
Speaker 3: It's because it's not just the voice, it's the mannerism. It's really have to become him.
Speaker 2: Yeah you really do. You got to get under that skin. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It took me a while to realize. At first, I thought it was gonna be Jeff goldbro and the mad scientist in Drassic Park, and I went, oh.
Speaker 2: No, it's the slightly less mad scientist from an Independence I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I grew up with Independence Day, so I love the film. I know it's ridiculous. I know it's silly. I know the fact they put a computer virus in this ship is, as Chef points out, is ridiculous, and I'm like, checks out.
Speaker 2: I did a little bit of red conning on that, because I don't know if they sort of talk about this in Independence Day. But you know, alien spaceship lands, they've got at Area fifty one and all their business and will welcome them to Earth. Yeah, don't they say? At some stage, Oh, we based a lot of our stuff off this, like we reverse engineered, or am I thinking maybe I'm thinking Men in Black the other Will Smith's sience fiction, because don't they talk about how.
Speaker 3: Aliens don't really converse with the people in Independence State, It's just they take over that scientist's body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one in Men Release Well down to just pull the face. It was kind of scary, fucked up man. They do it in Men in Black where they talk about, oh, you know, we've been in We've been dealing with aliens for a while, and now we've got patterns on a couple of things.
Speaker 3: Many Jones he talked about. Yeah's talking about their technology, don't Yeah.
Speaker 2: We got this and heyes, and they gave us a patterns like television and all that kind of stuffs to the Jones and Men in Black, that's right, yeah, Agent K? Yeah? Or was he j? No? He's kay? Will Smith?
Speaker 3: Was j What was he before then? Ab cd JK? Wouldn't he be come first?
Speaker 2: It's a good question. But Will Smith's name in Men in Black before he becomes Agent J. Is James? Something that would explain it. I always thought in Independence Day that human beings or the American government or whatever, because they're two different things. Human beings in the.
Speaker 3: American government scathing political comments on a South Park podcast what they don't do? Political sati who saw that coming? The the government took this alien spacecraft and they're like, we don't understand all of this, but we've sort of been able to. We can understand maybe one percent of this technology. But we turned that into Apple or we turned it into whatever, you know, And all the scientific and technological breakthroughs of the second half of the twentieth century are based on this. So okay, we can call the reverse engineer, and some of our stuff is based on this alien stuff, So okay, we can put an alien, we can put a virus into the into the big alien ship. You've spent a lot of time on this and it still doesn't make any sense. I've always just gone, how did the aliens not know that Will Smith and Jeff Golden were in the ship? In their ship when they have telliginity powers? Oh, you forgot about the telecon powers. That's like a window would not.
Speaker 2: The down. I was about to say, they got tinted windows. What was the company? What was the Australian company that did tints, tinted windows, and they had like the cap we had tint car, tinder car, tinder car, that's what I'm thinking of.
Speaker 3: That had a vaguely no that was pick apart, pick apart a tinder car. But there was a tinta car, wasn't it. It's tint of something, but it was pick apart, tint No roof, seal roof roof.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is fascinating. One last favorite, and this was more sort of big picture stuff they did, like when they were doing a little promo real for Earth the reality show, and they just showed all these various bits and pieces of Earth, all these various countries and various cultures. I just took a step back for a second. Its like pretty wild that we're all on this planet and there's all this different ship.
Speaker 3: That's the thing about this story, it actually checks out. The reason that you're all the same is because we've just made a reality show.
Speaker 2: I'm like, good work. I'd watch it so untiring, this is actually what Earth was, I'd go, yeah, yeah, I buy it. There's a there's a lot of great stuff, a lot of really interesting stuff, and occasionally people you know throw down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why do we have so many different beings on its one planet? Doesn't make sense, But at the same time it makes a whole lot. Everything all connects and something has to survive.
Speaker 2: Something has to Yeah, now Sequinia man, circle of Life. Yeah, Ah, should have seen that, Kevin. That's okay. Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Speaker 3: All right, trivia time. My first question for you would be, at one point in time, the aliens are doing the Duke of Hazard's car chase with Chef and the boys and one of the and the car is hiding behind the billboard. What if unseid billboard?
Speaker 2: Well I didn't. I didn't say that it.
Speaker 3: Was eat a big pigs barbecue, which I thought might have been a Porky's reference.
Speaker 2: But Nagdi is called Porky in the motion picture Porkies. Yeah. Yes, the establishment of said said establishment speaking of the Dukes and has its stuff. When the boys are transported into space, the narrator says they're in more trouble than who I did write my notes. I won't check what was it? If you come to check, your going to a finding? Just tell me, I just tell me. A June bugg And molasses, and that's big trouble.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, he was was very thick. But the boys are that's thick lassick glasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Yes, but the boys are more trouble than the ju Buggan molasses. Yes, that's the glasses.
Speaker 3: My next question for you is how many times has Cartman been in space? He thinks it's about his fifth fifth time?
Speaker 2: Correct speaking numbers, how many times did Cartmen fart when when Kyle was inspecting his ass whole? I'm going to say seven times. You'd be right to do, so, what a guess.
Speaker 3: My final question for you is what is the name of the TV network? I want to say, like fogel, It's fog Noll, that's f o g n Now it's spelt weird. Yeah it's a weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I got more questions for you, but I'm just going to pick one. What a companies Salisbury steak at the school cafeteria. I hadn't rewatched the pilot as well, I might have got this. Know what was it? Well, you're hot buttered noodles and either green bean salad or a vegetable medley hot buttered noodles. I never heard hot buttered noodles. You have some people who either the children and don't have a very sophisticated palette, or adults who are just children.
Speaker 3: I was raised on sausages and veggies, but very I'm playing.
Speaker 2: There's anohing wrong with that. Di's gover wrong with sausages and there we can afford. Yeah, but your childhood was writch in love. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I remember my uncle Patrons saying, he said, I feel like he's my uncle Darren at my NaN's funeral, because you know, they never had any money, but you said at NaN's funeral they never felt they had any money, but they never felt that they went without. And like that's what pretty sure. What you're saying is like, you don't need money to be happy. It helps, it does, I'm not it does help buy you those actually few playstas games that you've always wanted. Then you have a dad who just takes the PlayStation to work and gets a chipped and just buys you a hundred Bird games. I'm like, both works. Absolutely, you want for legitimate games or one hundred bird ones.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going for the volume. I think I'm taking the volume deal.
Speaker 3: Here now twenty years later retail value the four originals please, But at the time I was the kid that like, if you want a PlayStation game, baby, I got it.
Speaker 2: Picture starting into the school. Yeah, who's the Who's the guy who tries to pitch him on the mono rail? What's his name? Oh La Langley, that's you. I got shame on. You want Tiger Woods? I got it baby? All right? But is that all your tribut questions for me? Yeah? That's it.
Speaker 1: I love cheesy poops, you love cheesypoofs.
Speaker 4: Weed. Didn't need jeezypoops weedy game.
Speaker 3: It's the cheeseypoop shed out. Time for January twenty twenty five, starting with the lovely Lady Katy G herself with her one hundred dollars support as always, Thank you so much, Katie G. But we also have two new members to the one hundred dollars tier. We have got Zachligma's attorney and Stephie Lee. Thank thank you so much guys for such incredible support he had going down to South Park. We need to also thorough shout out to our man Andrews with his fifty dollars support always keeping the lights on here at going down to South Park Now The following people are top tier cheese POOS supporters. We have got Paul Warner, Isabella Murphy, Jonathan Rossi, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean Dvi, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dantel, Planned Flood, Shannon Hofer, Bala Windebank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod Lewis Cavanagh, Mark Trelevin, Rhys Roberts, Ginger and Piggle Preston Murray, Talah, Enriquez, Jake Mersado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hellier, Logan b James Shepard, Joe Riden, Sect, Dave Pretzels McNelly, Gavin Lane, Demi Miller and Charlie Joe.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being.
Speaker 3: Top tier cheese PAOP supporters here at Going down to South Park now. The following people either joined up to be a supporter this month or they upgraded their tier. We have got Patrick Lauer, Flemish Giant, Mark Rooneyan E, Jeff Jay Callum, bell Ozzie, Greg, Keith Nenden, Returns, Nathan z Matthew Thompson, Mega Monster sixty four Eric, Aaron Thorpe, Tyson Davies and Nat Thank you so much guys for being supporters here at Going Down to South Park and keeping the lights on here at four finger discount. You two can do the same by being supported of ours for as little as just one dollar per month. Go to Patreon dot com slash four finger discount link. It is in a description of this podcast, Going Down to South Park is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week. Our supporters get early in ad free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sidefield, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at Patreon dot com slash four finger discount. But let's get into a review of cancel, Let's do it. Indeed, March nineteenth, two thousand and three, was when this pisode originally air. The production cost seven zero four because it was the fourth episode produced, not the first to air. No, it was the first to air force producer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Fun fact is it fun? Not for the people of Iraq. There's a line at the end of the episode where they're touting the return of Earth the reality show and when they say something about American and Iragan into an all ad brawl or something. Yeah, yeah, America did in fact invade Iraq the night this episode. Really Yeah, March nineteenth, according to according to Wikipedia, which, as I always say and we all know, is never wrong.
Speaker 3: I where do you find these facts on the Wikipedia page? Because I'm a Wikipedia It didn't say under the section that says fact.
Speaker 2: No, But I'm on the Wikipedia page right now. There's no fact section. It doesn't say it, but no, it does say on the Wikipedia page. That's where I got that thing. Where on a sick well, the computer's looking at you. I'm looking at the computer computers looking at you. Was it this?
Speaker 3: Was it the the south Park wiki or was it the no no wiki?
Speaker 2: Wikipedia?
Speaker 3: As opposed to say, I'm on the Wikipedia page, there's no reference to it at all. I'll even go as fast as they control f Iraq. Oh, it's part of the episode plot. What a weird place. It wasn't under facts. It was in the plot. It was just in brackets.
Speaker 2: I was being pocetious when I said facts. Yeah, okay, right at the very bottom. The Invasion of Iraq was launched on March nineteen, two thousand and three, the night of the episode's originallyring. Wow. I wonder if some as I said, quote unquote fun fact. Yeah, I guess so, yes.
Speaker 3: Interesting fact interesting fact not fun interesting Not everything interesting is fun, but everything fun is interesting. So written and directed by A Trade Parker, is it? We'll just run with it. The episode kicks off with the boys at the bus stop, very much like the pilot episode, didn't it. It's like that, just using checking that wrong file here, not using curse it. It was weird because I'm going I felt like I've seen this before, but it looks new, so it can't be. It was the weird most like what's happening here?
Speaker 2: Aja all over again? But then it got a little more or nate and the animation was a little difference, like.
Speaker 3: Hmm, yeah, but Ike arrives and it's just using excessive curse words like suck my balls and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Of course, my god yea. Brothers trying to.
Speaker 5: Follow me to school again, sent my balls. No, you can't come to school with me. Yeah, go honey, little jo doo, good for the last time. Don't call my brother at gildo, all right, go honey, little seamen puking airs toole.
Speaker 2: Dickhead.
Speaker 3: Dickhead to me is one of the greatest payouts of all time. I never want to be called a dickhead. If you're a dickhead, that's just more offensive than mean called anything else.
Speaker 2: I enjoy it because it's a very versatile one. Don't be a dickhead. Well, that's it. It works at all ends of the die. It's the tone. Yeah, yeah, I mean dickhead. Yeah, I mean that's that doesn't feel necessarily out my heart. When you say you're dickhead, the umpire for you. Open your eyes, your dickhead. It's Elliott. Elliott w a dickhead. But at the same time I was like, fucking dick but say dickhead.
Speaker 3: In England though, it's balland I have heard that Nichola my first medo. One of the things she goes, I don't be a balland I'm like, what on earth are you talking about? I don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound good. No, yeah, she goes, oh, no you did. I was like, you mean the head if I dick the dickhead? She goes, yeah, ballot sounds better.
Speaker 2: I'm like, does it though?
Speaker 3: Nah? Open your eyes and by your balland nah, it doesn't work well.
Speaker 2: I imagine if you were, say, watching, I don't know, I'm going to pull two names out out of the hat. Arsenal versus Manchester. You know you blend or if you're a dickhead sounds better. It sounds better the way we do.
Speaker 3: It's the way every Also the accent too, because us saying balliant doesn't that the English accent. Ballot probably sounds better.
Speaker 2: Band.
Speaker 3: But if we you know, English saying dickhead, it doesn't sound anywhere as good as yeah, dickhead.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: But because we we roll all our words into one sound, so we don't say, hey, how is it going?
Speaker 2: As gar, how's go? And to us that just sounds that sounds hey, how are you? How are you not picking up on this? How do you not understand? How's a gone? How's it going? How's yeah? But in England they don't say how's it going? What they say how do you do? No, they say how do you do?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: They say, Hi, You're right? They say Hi, are you all right?
Speaker 2: So? Hi, alright, yeah I'm right, you're right. Yeah, I'm right. Yeah, I'm right. Yeah, you're right, yeah right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget the first time Nikola introduced me to a friends and then we got to the house and have like there was like a party and we walked in like.
Speaker 5: Hi, right, yeah, right, you're right. Yeah, I'm right, I'm right.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, And the guy was like, you're right, mate. I was like, I wasn't til you asked me. I think, so you have to go. Nic goes No, he's just asking. That's how we say Hi, how are you going? Oh all right?
Speaker 2: I do like that? All right mate? Yeah, I'll remember that. Hire you are right, you're right, Yeah, I'm okay, Oh right, you're right, you're right, you're right. There's all these rites. I was like, what's happening to here? But for the first time in twenty twenty five, let me just say we now return you to South Park already in progress, exactly right. So Cartman is he's very tired.
Speaker 3: He's been having these bogus nightmares and the nightmares are as some from the pilot that he's been getting the probe. Wait a minute, doesn't it's already happened. They realized it's already happen before, and they said, now, this is where Chef usually arrives. And Chef arrived and he says all the same shit. They know exactly what he's going to say, and they realized, wait a minute, we're in a repeat, Chef, We're in a repeat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought they did.
Speaker 3: This really well in the sense that it felt like you were rewatching the pilot, but it was twisted enough. I mean, by the end of it it didn't. But this the start felt very much like we're retreating the same stuff here, but it felt unique and different.
Speaker 2: That's true. We've been doing our shows for a while and I've probably asked you this question, or you've probably sort of talked about this before. But I mean, you're younger than and you grub with a different sort of pop culture millieu than I did, especially when it comes to TV. But did you did you get many repeatd episodes of shows? I mean all the time, all the time.
Speaker 3: That's how the Simpsons became the Simpsons by us sitting in front of the TV six o'clock every night, Channel ten, watching the Simpsons, of course, and not an We're going to a mate who runs a Simpsons Facebook page Australian twenty nineties nostalgia or something like that, and he's going to explain to me also, our dear friend and just want to mix one. He's going to explain to me as well, you can hook your plex up to create these old school channels, right, yeah, I think you've talked about that. So as I was saying, like, I love the idea of lock. When we're growing up, you didn't know what was coming up. That was the thrill, and you just you just it was what you didn't like. You're like, oh, just leave it on now. We just we can choose and we can never settle on something because we have too much choice. That's true, that's true, but things all the time.
Speaker 2: I love. How was sort of at this weird equidistant point for I'm using back to the future an example here. You know, how went back to the future. Marty's gone back to nineteen fifty five and he's caught up with their family and it's like, oh, yeah, I remember this one is from a rerun and the kid goes, what's a rerun? I think if you said to someone now, oh, yeah, I remember this, I saw it on a rerun some Jennel for you know, Fetus is going to say, what's a rerun? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you need to choose whatever you wanted to watch, whenever you want to watch, on whatever device, wherever you want to watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but certainly when yeah, when I was growing up. Yeah, Oh, it's the it's the episode of The Brady Bunch where they go to Hawaii again.
Speaker 3: But Cartman gets taken to the protologist, the doctor who specializes in ourseholes.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, right boy, there's a huge crack going right down the middle.
Speaker 2: Hey, Fernie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, we haven't heard that one zillion times.
Speaker 2: Right, let's take a look this joke here.
Speaker 3: Trey apparently wanted to splice it in for like years and yars and years, Matt was saying during the commentary, and they just couldn't figure out a way they cracked down the middle.
Speaker 2: It's just a classic dad joke. Haven't they done that before? No, they haven't. They didn't do it in the original one.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. No, because I was saying in the commentary that he really wanted to get it in. They could never find a way to get it in because this because he doesn't go to the proctologist in the original.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, then because they never believe that he has the til the end. The antiprose comes out at the end. Remember, well, Dejah just plus place tricks on your mind. That's what deja voo does.
Speaker 3: But I was for sure that did the joke about the huge crack down because the antiprot doesn't come out to the very end when they're out of the time to the tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I get the feeling that's done it in South Bay before, if not.
Speaker 3: In what I said in the commentary that they hadn't. Yeah, okay, well there we go. But yeah, huge cracked right down the middle. And the response here is how it would actually be received in real life. Oh yeah, yeah, we haven't had that one before, A good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Continue, and the probe satellite comes out and it's huge, breaks through the roof, but then it goes back in because he's gonna put some hemorrhoid cream on it, and he says, we've never sent a hemorhoid act this way, it's not a hemorhoid. You know, we're going to go for some real help here. You're going to go see a friend at the space station and the alien note is a receptionist, and it's like, don't it takes a week off? It's like, I never knew it.
Speaker 2: I love that they're just using those old school aliens, gray aliens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it turns out, is it Jeff Goldblum? Is everyone's meant to be clear? They call him Jeff.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, again, I looked on Wikipedia and didn't really do any research beyond that. But it's just weird because it sort of it looks a little bit like Jeff one hundred US. It looks like Jeff Goblum, Like I looked at him, Jeff goblm. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is this weird that you would have Jeoff Goblum the design the way it is Jeff Goblin call him Jeff, not just call him Jeff Golblum because did they do that because they were thinking audiences might not get the joking less we call him Jeff.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know, Maybe the lawyers got involved.
Speaker 3: Possibly, Yeah, But Cartman says that because they're going to stick his finger in there and find out what's going on, says Kyle has to do it, and we get the fart jokes go ahead, Well, I just love to come down, do hurry, and we get the continuously farting, which to me went on a little bit too long.
Speaker 2: Well, they point that out as well. I mean, Jeff says, that's not being funny. Okay, now it's funny again.
Speaker 3: But it didn't though to me one of the jokes where they they're pointing out if you keep going, it doesn't come funny. I don' think it's ever got funny again. And I just thought it, as I have said, as I've said in the past, fart jokes don't always land with me. The fart jokes work. It's like takeaway food, like it's good for a quote. It's like a sugar hit, right, fart joke, but too much of it. You're just like, it's almost like the Dumb and Dumber shitting scene. It's funny at the start, and then after like a minute, you're like, ah, it's just Jeff Daniels making funny faces, and it's like it's funny in the end.
Speaker 2: You're sort of respecting more for Jeff Daniels really committing to the bit.
Speaker 3: Getting back to Scooby Do. We mention Scooby Do earlier. There's a scene where Scooby Doo and Shaggy have a fart off, right, and the kids, the kids think it's hysterical.
Speaker 2: They love it because their kids.
Speaker 3: Yes, But I'm watching it now and I'm going, well, I thought it was funny to start, and then I went, Okay, this is just just woving his ars around and Addie and fart sounds is a bit shitting. But you know, this movie for kids, and the kids are loving their asses off, so it works.
Speaker 2: Mission accomplished. And then you just got back to watching Linda Catalani as Velma.
Speaker 3: And yes, as uh, don't Draper's missus. That's correct, don't miss that, don't driver?
Speaker 2: Well what al.
Speaker 5: We went through all that just for some day video of Earth. We wanted to see an alien planet or something.
Speaker 6: Whoever they are, if they're receiving messages, they might be sending them to wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Candy bars.
Speaker 6: Candy bars, You know, candy bars.
Speaker 2: They usually come in a.
Speaker 6: Wrapper, just like you wrap a Christmas present. Christmas happens when it's cold, cold, as in Alaska. That's what the Polar bears Polar Bears po polarity. I can switch the polarity to see what transmissions are coming from the location this one is being sent to.
Speaker 3: This is what Jeff Goblin does in Independence Day. He paces his things together. And this is what Trey wanted to take the mickey out of because candy bars that wrap up by Christmas time, Christmas when it's cold like Alaska polar Bears polar polar Does.
Speaker 2: He do it that much in Independence It's been a one since. I I just remember him sort of go there Laney at the pieces like in chess, and what happens then check made or something like that.
Speaker 3: It's it's how he solves the mystery, solves the case basically, or figures it had to kill them because his dad gets a cold and he goes the case of the Invader Galien. Yes, so his dad figures that had to stop him. He goes because his dad gets a cold, and he goes cold a virus.
Speaker 2: I done it. I think there's a reason I really can go back to Independence Day all day much. I prefer the day after tomorrow or twenty twelve, because he's like he's not feeling like a cold. It's a virus. I cut it a virus. Jeff Goldblin, one of our finest actors. God bless him for making that work. That's that's some shitty screen running on the Park of American Devil. That's no good.
Speaker 3: I One of my prize possessions, though, is an original ten foot by six foot Independence Day cinema display that lights up like it's the the poster essentially of the ship with the city underneath, people running a way like that, that that infamous shot and that iconic shot, and I've just it's the size of the wall. I'm like, I'm never going to be able to display this, but I've got it. My goal in life is the one day have a cinema room big enough to display this. My goal life is you could not have that. I've got the original Power Ranges film for ninety five display. I've got the original Lion King display from ninety four. I've got Toy Story display. I've got Simpsons Mavie display. Not the good I've got the Bard over there that I've mentioned that numerous times. I'm not going to bore you that story again. You know that how one time I had the chance to buy the whole set of that, you have told me one hundred dollars now worth twenty five thousand. Anyway, I think I didn't want to hear it, just because it hurts me my soul. I'm looking at it, I go, I just at least I've got bard. At least they've got one of them. I mean, I would have had nowhere to put it, but it's twenty I never would have sold it.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things.
Speaker 3: If you're a Simpsons van you have that display, it's like it's the it's the holy grail for Simpsons fans and that display. Anyway, But got all these cinema displays, and I'm going I'm never realistically going to have a room big enough to display all bees. But in my man, in my mind, what's what's your idea of like the cinema room that you want for your house. I want to have like a popcorn machine. I want to have like a fridge flight some of ice creams and stuff. Have like the tiered seating, but I want to have a couple of life size statues maybe as you enter the room, and just have some cinema displays and some posters on the wall, the lineup. I want to go full cinema, what.
Speaker 2: About No, Mine would be incredibly minimalist. Minimalist, yeah, just full maybe tiered rows of seating, big ass screen bigs, big ass and a great sound system and maybe one or two posters and like a little bar fridge for drinks. Would you have a higher a waitress to get get your own damn stuff? Well this right there, that's right there. Help yourself. What ice cream would you have whilst watching your film? Ice creamed?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I thought it was an ice cream?
Speaker 2: Well, ice cream or cold drinks? Yeah, I see.
Speaker 3: Or you know, if if you're going to treat yourself do anything at the cinema, in your own personal cinema, what would be your treat? I know, you know, a popcorn guy? What's your treat? And not a hot food?
Speaker 2: Not? Oh okay because yeah yet subway or whatever it is. Don't know. My thing was to be smuggling some macagine. Yeah, but I'm thinking, like, what's your waist? That to me was just really oh yeah, seeing a shitty film that you know is going to be shitty, but also is just really just hitting all your pleasure centers. And then smuggling tasting a quarter pounds say, and then smuggling and smuggling in a fucking quarter pounder medium frize and a coke and maybe an apple pie.
Speaker 3: I feel they don't even you have smuggling it anymore. They don't care now.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, maybe, yeah, I noticed. I'd still want to pay lip service to the fact of like, yeah, I know I'm not supposed to bring out so food and so I'm gonna put it in the backpack. You can smell it. Everybody can smell it, and you can see that I'm carrying a coke from McDonald's. Let's still yeah, goalie. I would probably have like chop tops chop tops that the go and that you can't buy the Peters chock tops that you get at the movies. You can't get those ones. No, that's the thing. I would probably do, like a run to somewhere like we're Gelong. Of course, you know, helped Melbourne go to like the Astaal Theater, give me seven hundred boys and Berry. Apparently they source their own from places. Yeah, and you know you get like a chop tops so good, oh god. Yeah, and yeah we get a boisonory one or assaulted carabl One.
Speaker 3: I only only evolved a Boys and Berry about two or three years ago. I was always playing Vanilla and my boys Berry and I went. My life is changed. I've evolved leveled.
Speaker 2: I've leveled up Boys and Berry chop top. That is the way to go. I could have told you this, yea, many people are saying, I'm sure I did.
Speaker 3: I've always wondered what flavored chop tops would be good that they haven't created or haven't made available of dealing cinemas. I've always thought a honeycomb one would be good.
Speaker 2: I am partial as of late to mint chok chip.
Speaker 3: I've never been a mint guy, but I can I can respect that people love their mint. I've never been a mint guy.
Speaker 2: There is a I'm forgetting the name off the top of my head because they would be friend of the pot. But it's an ice cream brand, and you've normally gotta pay not necessarily top dollar, but you're paying like ten bucks for like a Hargen. Does I know the one you mean? Yeah? Teamook, you know the one you talk about? Yeah, And they've got a really nice mint one, but they also do like a wild cherry flavor and let's get them as friend as the pot Let's get them on. Because as people know, I'm a sucker for variants. I'm an absolute slugh. You are a sucker for a variant. For variants, you know, there's nothing like a really good vanilla or a really good chocolate. But it's like that's an unusual flavor. I wonder what that's like, and sometimes like hmm, this is terrible, but sometimes.
Speaker 3: Like leveled up? What's what's your and the cherry ones? Really what's your item of choice? When you what's your favorite variant product? So for example me, I always try the various potato chips, okay, right, meat piet sauce, I'll try that, sausage is I'll try this right for you? Chip chips is a good one, good one? Chips and ice cream if it's if it's savory, it's potato chips. If it's uh sweet, it's ice cream. What about or what about chocolates or a Cadbury block because Cabrin now has a Lamington and I went, oh, I'm not sure about this lamonton Cabriy block.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm trying to wean myself away from all that ship but at the same time, yeah, Coles has the thing with Coles and Cadbury have got like Curtis Stone has made this new thing celebrity chef.
Speaker 3: Curtis Stone, and it's the first thing you see when youre walking in the supermarket. It's right there.
Speaker 2: It's like it's a passion for a cheesecake block and I'm like, I'm gonna try this is at the store by himself. People look at what's you looking at? We can I try which at which the soupermarket turns in the dance number from five hundred days. It's like try that juke.
Speaker 3: Walks out, looks himself into reflection in the in the window with his passion fruit cakes and you're trying. It's like three hours later he's just like.
Speaker 2: A sad fucker and it's not bad. But at the same time, it's like this is like three degrees different from other stuff that they've got already got.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't like when you buy a variant, right and you're so amped for it, like this is going to be amazing. I love the idea of this any taste and you go, ah, it's it's fine. Yes, I was really hoping for this Yeah, it's fine. I loved, loved the meat pie and sauce chips. I thought they were unbelievable. They were There were shapes, meat pints or shapes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shapes is a good one. Yeah, because there's so much flavor in there. Yeah. Well yeah, I mean I grew up on savory shapes. The biscuits we would have, they're the plain ones. They are the plain ones. But you know, you can't you can't beat the original growing up the original, I'm pretty sure. Yeah, no barbecues. Well, I think I'm pretty sure there was just savory shapes. And then it's like we could probably experiment with these shapes red and green flavoring and then get Barbie see how we go. Barbecue shapes is the Australian staple. It is, although I think you've got a lot of people who really go to bat for savory shapes.
Speaker 3: Really, I've never had a single person in my life so they preferred savory shapes.
Speaker 2: Savory shapes over barbecue. You're looking at him looking at the first one right now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had my best mate when I was a kid. He always loved the what's the pink box? Cheese and bacon cheese and making a great Yeah. So he loved it, loved them, And I was like, I can't buy into this. Some barbecue, but he was cheese and cheese and bacon. Loved them good hangover food, cheese and bacon, pizza.
Speaker 2: He loved pizza as well. Yeah, nacho cheese are pretty good as well. Nacho cheese. Okay, people listen, going, what are we doing? I don't want to hear about your favorite crackers, shapes, barbecue, It's hot, Lights are Hearted podcast podcast. Oh dude, I was trying to think of who's someone who's been canceled recently so I could make a correlation between shapes, so AND's always been canceled canceled this episode, let's get back to talking about south.
Speaker 3: Going Down to South Park is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sidefeld, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four finger discount. But the aliens arrive essentially what we oh, yeah, that's right on. Yes, So the aliens arrive and they immediately throw Jeff under the bus and we get the Dukes of Hazard alien car chase, which I've never in my life state episode of Dukes have hasn't never seen the film starring Jessca Simpson Shaw, William Scott is in that film and John Knoxville. Yes, never sold the film. I've just never quite got the Dukes of Hazard things. I've just never seen it. I knew this was definitely something. No, but they said the commentary this is Dukes of Hazard. I'ment okay, because you can tell when they do the pause and they do the voice, and I'm like, well, this is obviously something, yes, Dukes of Hazard that it is. Yeah, yeah, okay, And then the road is blanked and I let the what you doing man? It drives over the overthing. Is that something they say in the show, like what you're doing man or something? Or is that from a movie? Because you say that in a really funny way. You can't assist the ship.
Speaker 2: What you doing man?
Speaker 3: As they're going over this jump? It could well be I mean, I'm not the world's biggest dikes of hazard fan. Okay, it was a really big deal. Oh yeah, I've heard yeah, but.
Speaker 2: That whole thing about yeah sort of. I think are the actually going to make this big jump? Yeah? Freeze frame. You'll find out after the break, after the break, yeah, and then and then they returning to dukes has which is already in progress.
Speaker 3: Yes, the aliens crashed land into a chicken coop and the aliens are now a cop can't hide behind a billboard. The chasing after and cartment's hungry but too bad. The kids then get abducted onto the spaceship while Chef is throwing some shade at at the crushed aliens.
Speaker 2: I was really hoping for a welcome to the Earth and we didn't get it. It was right there. How did not do it?
Speaker 1: Ha?
Speaker 2: Goddamn Alias?
Speaker 4: I beat you?
Speaker 2: Where did you learn to dive Chinese hot our school? You're like, I didn't just turn around and beat your white, skinny Indian asses. Anyway, maybe next time you remember to huh oh crap, children, Well, it looks like, the boys are in more trouble than a June Bergan molasses and it's pretty thick molasses too.
Speaker 3: So the kids are now on the ship and they kind of thinks he's in Helen Hunt's ass, but he's not.
Speaker 2: Why throw shut Helen Hunt? Has she ever done anything wrong to anybody? When to this end? This is two thousand and three. Yeah, yeah, I think Helen Hunt was starting to some of the balloom was a bit off the road. She'd won an oscar a couple of years earlier, and she gave a bit of it. Yeah, for as good as it gets. It was ninety eight, wasn't it ninety eight? Yeah, And but gave a kind of a it's a speech that made it. It came off like she was a little upper self and verius. Yeah. And then I feel the movies she did after after all that didn't really work all that well. They weren't that great. We're like, but we we used to really like you on man about you, and you're not really doing that anymore. People just turn on people want to become successful. Oh yeah, oh goodness, Yet people turned on Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lauren, Why did you turn on Jennifer that just turned on everyone likes you. It's Chris Pratt. Yeah, to turn on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I didn't turn on Chris Pratt. I just went I'm just I'm kind of sick of seeing his face and everything. Now you're giving us too much. Yeah, let me miss you satuation. So, but they're stuck in these things on the ship. I thought I was trying to take the mick out of like Alien or something with the eggs or whatever, but I think they were. They see Earth in the distance because they're on the ship and Randy appears, and I think I think Randy. It's like, no, it's someone's taken the form of something that you would like, like the movie Contact. We don't like the movie Contact, as Garrison's previously made fun of Contact as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I disagree with that because Contact is dopey.
Speaker 3: Okay, then they don't like it, but they know he shows his true form, which is terrifying, so they go change back to something else.
Speaker 2: I should like that.
Speaker 3: And the various other famous people I think he does, Michael Jordan, and who's the manager for Tyson?
Speaker 2: What was his name? Don King? Don King? That was boxing promoted boxing.
Speaker 3: Everyone yes, that's it. Yeah, but then we miss Elliott. See it was a little bit later. Yes, we come back to Jeff first, and he is reversing the polarities and he's not sure what this what this code says, you know, it's it's like there's a code here. We're not sure what it's doing. We have to work it out.
Speaker 2: And then he.
Speaker 3: Goes butt sex location binary code. Then they're back on the ship.
Speaker 2: Who's having but sex? Yes, we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back on the ship and we've got Saddami saying we've got Missy Elliott and can't suggests about a taco that craps ice cream.
Speaker 2: You're missing out on one though, which one you're missing? Frank Sinatra?
Speaker 3: Fank Sinatra, of course, yes he was a third one. But I just like the count when when do the target crapping your ice cream?
Speaker 2: Anybody?
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, they agree with that one. So then he explains that the aliens aren't evil. They it's gone. We need the footage there. We need to fix the transmitter because you're broadcasting the show Earth. So they're a production company and reality TV is now the most successful thing on television, and I actually wanted to bring this up at the start, but I forgot so in the writer's retreat, the person who came up with this idea was Normal Lea.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he joined the writer's team for a retreat at this point in time, refused to get paid. They wanted to pay me, you refuse, just wanted to join the South part team and help me come up with some ideas. He suggested reality TV, and Trey said, well, he come up with the idea of taking the mickeyad reality TV because it sucks and he goes. But we all kind of watched it at the time because two thousand and three were still the early days of reality TV. I had Big Brother and things like that, which I guess this episode is kind of taken the Mickey out of the format life big Brother, sticking various people into a house and seeing what happens essentially. But yeah, so he came up with the idea Normal Lea and yeah, didn't refuse to get paid by them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, normally those who don't know, but you should know. Yeah, absolute legend of American sitcoms came up with some of the most iconic and famous lived to like one hundred years old and was still like punching our great work into his lady. All in the family, right, did all in the family? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Earth?
Speaker 1: A few billion years ago we realized, what if we took species from all different planets in the universe and put them together on the same planet.
Speaker 2: Great TV?
Speaker 1: Right, Asians, Bears, Ducks, Jews, deer, and Hispanics all trying to live side by side on one planet.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 5: Our planet is just a reality TV show.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't think the whole universe works the way Earth does?
Speaker 2: Do you? No, one species, one planet. There's a planet of deer, planet of Asians, and so on.
Speaker 1: We put them all together on Earth, and the whole universe tunes in to watch the fun.
Speaker 3: You mean it?
Speaker 5: You amy of actually enjoying around and watching us fight and kill each other.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's messed up. Why Why?
Speaker 5: Because you're playing with people's lives, You're turning people's problems into entertainment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'd never do.
Speaker 3: That on it.
Speaker 2: We never do that.
Speaker 3: A couple of moments where they said that and they sort of like look at the camera. I thought, yeah, South I doesn't.
Speaker 2: Normally do that. Yeah, we normally don't break the fourth wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've done a couple of times this episode, we cut back to Jeff, who shows the code and reveals that it's actually showing it to all these very scientists, I guess, And it reveals the code the promo for Earth and Earth and they're taking from it. My god, TV, I'm on TV. They all even just going, oh ship, That's not what I was expecting. The aliens then get a phone call. Fortunately the show is being canceled because the humans are now where they are on a show it's very much the Truman Show. Once he realizes that the show's ruined, you know, what's the what's his dad in the Truman Show?
Speaker 2: The reducing what? Oh? Christoph? Christoph?
Speaker 3: Yes, fuck, The Truman Show is a great movie. I fucking love that movie so much.
Speaker 2: Indeed, we should maybe you've done a movie guyde review on it. Movie guys, we should a movie guide. Perhaps we should. Yes, I was about to say, maybe we should put it back on well, I mean sorry online, but maybe you should listen to it, folks, is what I'm saying. It's I know, well, we was exclusively for Patron, but we should get Leondar Molton's thoughts on it. I feel like Lendon could pull few strings and get Jim carry on. Why not? Why not? I can't think of an answer except two agree.
Speaker 3: Yes, But the humans have now been made aware that they're on a show, so they're going to cancel the show.
Speaker 2: We had a great run. Should be proud as the collapse very low key clapses. But Earth has been canceled. Pack it up, pack it up, script the sets for parts, and all these people are going to go work on some other reality, so we can't get too bunched up about it. Kill the people on Earth. They're not important anymore. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: And the kids want to meet the executives, the network executives, the network execs as they call them, because and he goes, well, you can meet them if you want to. But nobody has been uncanceled once the decision has been made, and I look at the camera. I My only idea for this was maybe this was taken the Mickey ad of Family Guy. Because Family Guy got canceled after the second season in two thousand, right due to unpopular due to DVD sales or public outcry. Not too sure. They brought it back for a third season, and then it got canceled again in two thousand and two just before this episode airs. So I'm wondering whether they were saying that.
Speaker 2: I'm not too sure what. It just seems like an.
Speaker 3: Odd thing to say nothing gets uncanceled. One's the decisions made, and they say they sort of pause for a second.
Speaker 2: I go, what do you want? Why are you doing?
Speaker 3: There's obviously something there that I'm missing, So listeners south Park Mailbag at gmail dot com, please write in and let me know what we're missing there in regards to that joke. But then we get the bulldozer here just rocks up to Earth and just courses an earthquake, crashes into.
Speaker 2: It, and we get footage of actual people running from natural disaster.
Speaker 3: That was Was that from a film though? Or was that an actual footage of people running from a disaster?
Speaker 2: It looked like natural, It looked like actual footage.
Speaker 3: Okay, but Jeff says chaos theory.
Speaker 2: I do love the chef. It's sort of getting a bit, get a bit sort of fed up with this at this stage. Was it here? Were not quite? Not quite? So?
Speaker 3: Punky Brewster had episodes before, was cal I don't think I do. I think that that's a mistake there. Okay, I'm too sure, but they realize what what's happening here? The kids are now meeting with the executives, and I agree, it just looks like Harvey Winstein, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just I guess here is the idea of when you think of like fat, big, bulky, bulgar, Yeah, executives, you think of Harve you once their nature. So they invited them out to dinner. They're they're just using big words. Oh my god, I'm eating this and I'm eating being yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and they're also just using nonsense sort of alien words.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but then is very it was a waffle and the kids are just sitting there going can we can we not get the show canceled?
Speaker 2: Please? I do as I said, This is pretty stereotypical, and pretty stereotypical by certain rays. But Kyle drives a little bit their foods like there's really good, must have a little juicy, and then.
Speaker 3: You yeah, it comes like yeah he is yes, yes, But they say this is where they explained that you can't have over one hundred episodes. Once you get a hundred pisodes, that's it. They does not listen to them at all, this using random words, just being funny. We got like the words for breasts. They take him to the strip club. He got cocaine whatever they call the cocaine. Kenny tries some of course Kenny back.
Speaker 2: Of course Kenny would try it well, and he doesn't die. He's back in the credit.
Speaker 3: This is what this is, establishing that Kenny doesn't die anymore. It's just Kenny's just one of the characters.
Speaker 2: It was what It was one of my favorite bits that of course Kenny's going to try the alien cocaine. Of course you will.
Speaker 3: Yes, they go to a hotel to find some hookers Jeff. Then we come up to Jeff and is because of the computer virus, and he says he's going to say with their ship with computers, or to staid with their computers on the on the ship. I love chef here doesn't make any goddamn sense. As a kid, it made perfect sense. The story of the Independence Day doesn't make sense. I mean in the Independence Day of universe, I guess.
Speaker 2: It kind of does. I made a really valiant effort to try and explain why it would work earlier in this episode.
Speaker 3: Yes, who was the guy that just says, oh right, you ate assholes and just saves the day in the end by sacrificing himself.
Speaker 2: That's formally respected character actor. Now a complete nutbag, Randy, he's not off the rails, right he has Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Why is this a party or what?
Speaker 4: Oh that's it, baby, you're getting my jag on hard. Yeah, let's party. Yes, suck my jag on. Yeah, now you suck on my jag on. Oh yeah, stick your finger in my prussure. Oh yeah, suck it. Suck that jag on.
Speaker 5: Dude, I have no idea what we're seeing right now, but I have a feeling it's really really wrong.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So the next day they're all hungover and the boys get the ideal Standards to blackmail them. Well, yeah, luckily, let survive and we won't reveal this picture.
Speaker 2: Luckily Kenny was carrying a polaroid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they say, look, you can let us survive by just raising our memories again. We won't remember what happened centers back to Earth and we'll just carry on our merry way being Earthlings. Yeah yeah, there'll be sure to keep up the wars in your violence.
Speaker 2: Well, there's even what we're three to look forward to. I love the way. Cartman says that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the boys wake up right the bus stop and it's just like the intro once again, except this told Kenny has the photo of these two weird green things.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this is, but this could be valuable, Chef Chef says, hang on to it. And that's the end of the episode, isn't it something? That is the end of the episode, and you hear a little bit of their version of Missy Elliott's Yeah. The song is called work it. Yeah. I was about to say, yeah, throw that ship down, flip it and reverse it, which is quite frankly my life philosophy. I just loving to sing those random sounds. This is what grand Yeah said.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, well that is our review of the first episode of season seven of South Park. It is canceled. The next episode season two. Episode two of season seven is Crazy Cripples. Oh my, oh yeah, I can't wait to get.
Speaker 2: Into that one.
Speaker 3: Don't forget you can't support us this two ways, two main ways. First of all, we'll be on Patreon if you can fork out a couple of dollar dues sped dollar his eddie pocket each month for as little as just one dollar a month. You can support us here kick the lights on and help us grow the show and buy more camera gear and pay you editors.
Speaker 2: And because we've talked a lot, we talked a.
Speaker 3: Lot, yes, and just as helps helps us go here at Gone Down South Back slash for forming a discount studios, don't forget to check out all of our other shows we have here. We've got the Movie Guide that our guy does with the Leonard Moulton. We just had Lee winel On, the director of Wolfman picked my age. May know him as the guy from the Bathtub and Saw who wrote the film as well. That's correct, Yes, he's he's most notably known for the Saw films.
Speaker 2: I think right, he's a modern master of horror. Yeah, I know the man.
Speaker 3: He's just really his Wolfman, which is out in cinemas now. So you had him on the Movie Guide's Insidious. Great guy, good dude. We also have obviously forming a discount as since this podcast and exclusively on our Patreon, We've got Speaking of the Hill talking sign for our Tales of the Future, um and so much more. But the other week can support us it is just by rating and reviewing us on Spotify, Apple Podcast where you do find the show. Apparently the majority of you guys listening to us via Spotify and Apple podcast. So if you're on there and you haven't yet given us five stars list a few come words, please do so this week. It would be much appreciated, And if you want to get in touch with us, it is Southparkmailbag at gmail dot com. Next episode, I've gone to the South Bag. Of course, it's going to be crazy cripples. This has been our review. I've canceled, mister Davison. You final words for those incredible listeners out there, don't piss on the moon, babe,