Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for a community connection right here on Gay one, the one you trust. It's hotter than firecrackers. But it's past and fourth in July, so I guess that means we've got red hot bargains of popping at the doing fairgrounds with our auction.
Speaker 2: How are we doing, ladies, We are great. This is our favorite time of the year. Tina and I are doing a really tough job right now. What you're doing shopping.
Speaker 1: Right? Goodness.
Speaker 3: We get to go to our advertisers and greet them and see them and just enjoy visiting with them and buy new stuff to be able to sell at the auction.
Speaker 1: How many have we been doing this?
Speaker 3: Oh, you know what, I don't want to say how many auctions I've done?
Speaker 2: It really dates me.
Speaker 3: Okay, we've been doing it here in Bartlesville, like twenty six seven eight years, twenty eight years maybe, well twenty seven eight years, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jorg and I started doing radio when we were kids.
Speaker 3: Well I truly did this when I was in high school. So yeah, I'm sixty six. Yeah, so I've been doing this, so I did it in Iowa. I've done it in Illinois, and I've done it in Oklahoma. And actually some years I did it in Iowa and Oklahoma the same time. And then we've added Kansas too, so we're now doing it in Kansas. No, but you know what they get. I just look so much forward to it. So, somebody, what are you talking about with the radio station. We do an annual auction and we go to our advertisers and we buy gift certificates or brand new items or like if it's an antique store, of course is not going to be brand new, but with things that we really like, things we really like, and then we bring them all out to the Washington County Fairgrounds, Dewey Fairgrounds, Washington County Fairgrounds the last Saturday of July, which the last Saturday of July this time happens to be July twenty sixth, and so we'll be we'll be there starting the doors will open at eight o'clock. At nine o'clock the auctional start, and we'll be selling all this brand new merchandise and gift certificates. And the thing about it is you can't pay more than eighty percent of the retail price. So when you come, you know you're going to get a bargain. You're going to save at least twenty percent. But it's an auction, so you set the price you know you might pay. Some things go for twenty thirty, forty fifty percent, you know whatever too. Brand new. The warranties are all available, you know, on the things that you get. We're buying them all at local businesses who you know, you can trust, you can go back to. You know, they want you to come back into the store and fill out the warranty information or to ask them about how it works, or.
Speaker 2: You know, things like this.
Speaker 3: They that's the whole idea is for you to see maybe items that you didn't realize were available here in our community. And so you can do that and you can get a savings too. When people do come to come walk in the door, they're going to see us will greet them right away. And you need to get a number. There's no charge for the numbers. You just get a number. That number is what will be your bidding number. And so when you bid on something, you'll hold it up and you get it, they'll put your number down.
Speaker 2: Don't do it by names. Do it by number.
Speaker 3: Also, those numbers are good for door prices. We'll be giving out door prices throughout the whole auction as well, so those numbers are good for door prizes and all.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: The neat thing.
Speaker 3: About it is again we've got a lot of gift certificates, and so you know, you can look ahead of time. We're going to have a wall that will have listed all the different gift certificates on it because you can go look at.
Speaker 2: The items at the tables.
Speaker 3: The tables will be spread out throughout the back of the.
Speaker 2: Fairgrounds and you can look at all the items.
Speaker 3: It'll have a tag on it that says where the items from, It'll say what the retail price is, it'll say what the eighty percent price is. So you know, as much as you can possibly play, you can look at all those items. But what about the gift certificates. You can't, you know, go flipping through our gift certificates. So we've got a big wall that has all this information on it. And for instance, we'll have a lot of things from Branson or Kansas City Zoo or River Sport and Oklahoma City, a lot of fun places that you can go a lot of people plan their vacations after the auction because they come and they get the passes for all these things at the auction, and then they go in August to all these places. But anyway, we'll we'll have a board that lists all that. It'll say again the same thing, what the gift certificate is, It'll say the retail price, it'll say the eighty percent price. It'll also say if there's an expiration date on it. For instance, the attractions that Branson go through, most of them through the end of the year, some of them just go through the fall, you know, it'll say whatever the expiration is, so that you know that. Also, Miss Tina here, our wonderful promotions director, makes a poster for each of these items, and so say it's a Branson show and they only go at two o'clock in the afternoon Monday, Wednesday and Friday. She's going to have that on the poster right beside it so you can see. So if you know you're going on a weekend, you're not going to end up buying a voucher for a show that only goes during the weekdays, you know, or things like this. So come early so that you can scan that gift certificate board, you know, I mean a lot of the gifts are like Dink's gift cards. I mean, that's pretty self explanatory. You know, we don't have to have a poster for that. You know what you're going to get at Dinks. And you know, if it's a twenty dollars gift card that you're going to like pay sixteen dollars for, it is the max that you can pay. You know, that type of thing, or Looking Sharp or gas cards, the kickback cards, you know, all kinds of great gift certificates and stuff are going to be on that board. But new this year, we're adding something different. So if you've been to the auction before and say, oh, I know how that works, no big deal or whatever, we're throwing something new at you. Because one thing we've discovered is that we sometimes have a lot of smaller items that take just as much time to auction off as and as the large items, you know, And so we're going to have a silent auction table this year, and we're going to put some of the small items like the candles or the vitamins or you know, things like this that are that are smaller that really, we don't need to take several minutes auctioning off when you know some.
Speaker 2: Specifically somebody just wants that.
Speaker 3: So we're going to have a silent, silent auction table and we're going to set it up at eight thirty and so you can start looking at it and signing up for what you might want. Again, you're going to put your number on it. You're not gonna put your name on it. Number and what price that you'd like to bid. You got to be dollar incure rents. We're not going to go in a lot of pennies and things like that on the silent auction table. But you can go ahead and bid on it. And at eleven o'clock we're going to cut it off. Now, if someone goes up to the silent auction table and they says, they say, I wis want to pay the eighty percent and I'll take it, We're going to have a person standing there at the table and the eighty percent is taken, it's off the table. Then you get to cash and carry it, you know type of thing and stuff and be done. And that that little item has now not taken all the time for the auction. I mentioned the eighty percent on the silent auction table. Also, if the big items they're going in the live auction, if you say, you know, we've got that recliner there or that mattress and stuff, and I really really want it, and you know that eighty percent is still a really good price for it, you can go ahead and just say maximum bid, you know, or we on the card. Everybody has the number cards and as people put max on the back of it and things, max bid and if you want to max bid that take it at the eighty percent. We don't need to go through the auction bidding of you know, through all the way to get there, and then you might not get it either, so somebody else might get it. So if you just if you really want that for the max bid. That's kind of a unique thing about our auction too. So you can tell we've we've done this before. We've had lots of fun with it. Our staff is there helping out. You.
Speaker 2: Guys will be at the tables doing things.
Speaker 3: They'll be handing out the prizes or the items as people buy them. So you have a chance to see all our staff and visit with them as well. So we try and make it a really fun time again. Doors open at eight, come early, look over everything, look over the items, look over the gift certificate board, look over the silent auction table, and kind of be prepared for it and have lots of fun stuff.
Speaker 1: What kind of items do we have, Miss Tina.
Speaker 4: So we do have our web page. If you go to Barnswow Radio dot com. On the right side, there's a little icon with my little auction Man.
Speaker 5: You'll click on that.
Speaker 4: It will take you to a page that we have all the pictures of everything that we buy, and it updates every time we go out shopping. We put the new items on there, so you can really stay up to date, and you know some of the cute little things that we've gotten. H We went to the Crafty Candle Shop and they have a vendor in there that does the woodworking, and one of them is a little side table. It's Tiger Babel. It's absolutely beautiful and it has like a thirty five thirty six according to my brother Ford pick up on on.
Speaker 2: The kind of embossed on it. Whatever good or something.
Speaker 4: I don't you have to look at it and check it out.
Speaker 3: But you know what we got there that I liked. Was that little reading chair.
Speaker 5: For a reading chair.
Speaker 2: There was a little for kids. Yeah, yeah, it's darling.
Speaker 4: It's like an end table that they have changed into the reading table and it's got a drawer you can put all the books in it.
Speaker 5: And the fabric is Pooh Bear.
Speaker 4: But I think you could probably make a different pillow and they're change it out for each kid.
Speaker 3: Or tell them what we got at Michael's Carpet and Sleep Center. A love, love love this.
Speaker 4: So we've got the serta twenty fifth birthday mattress and it has a little sheep on it.
Speaker 5: And if you buy the mattress, you get the little stuff sheep.
Speaker 4: There's a little stuff sheep that goes with it, and it's so cute, those little counting sheep, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it all goes with their advertising.
Speaker 3: For twenty five years, they've been doing the little sheep as they're advertising logo or their their kind of mascot or whatever. So this is this is on the mattress. And so of course once you got the mattress covered, you don't know what's on there, but you know you're sleeping in the comfort of a wonderful son mattress. Yeah, with that, but yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I also like bob loftis too, What we got some of these stuff?
Speaker 4: Yes, we got some really cool stuff at bob Loftis. We got it's a very large buffalo picture but it's like on glass.
Speaker 5: It's like it's so cool, so cool.
Speaker 2: What about that speaker end table?
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, so last year we had an end table with the Bluetooth speaker, but this one is cooler because it's got lights in it. I'm a sucker for anything that lights up, Like I don't even know, like I'm.
Speaker 5: Five, Like if my shoes would light up, I would I would totally get yes, like I am wearing soucer for anything that lights up.
Speaker 4: So when I saw that it lit up, I was like, oh, Dory coming, please get this.
Speaker 3: Well and I am Now that's that's not my type of thing. I'm the old moral fashion. So we have a huge clock. I mean it is a huge.
Speaker 2: Clock facebook on TV. You can see my arms are out here all the way stitch it is.
Speaker 3: It is for this big clock, and it's it's like metal, you know, and with kind of some around the edges is a frame and then in the middle is the clock part. That goes out to it, and so it's it's just it's a really.
Speaker 5: Like a negative space.
Speaker 4: It's like a like opposite of what you think she's like.
Speaker 5: It's just the frame of the numbers.
Speaker 3: Trust me, go on, go on to look at it. It's just a really really neat clock. So yeah, I'm kind of the analog clock type person. She's the Bluetooth speaker with the lights.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know.
Speaker 3: All then we shopped together because we really compliment each other.
Speaker 2: We little something for everybody as we're out there.
Speaker 3: I do want to mention again, we'll have John Nichols. He does a great job.
Speaker 5: I mean's so funny.
Speaker 2: Is he makes it a lot of fun too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So he does a great job with it, and we just got to keep him going because he likes to tell lots of stories and we're like, okay, John, keep going. We gotta got a lot of items here to go. But he makes it truly fun. And then back by popular demand concessions by crossing second Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're going to have all the good stuff too, So yeah, there'll be concessions there. So when you come, you know, don't take time to go somewhere else. Just come out there. She's got breakfasty type things. Then she'll have lunchy type things and stuff. So so just come and do that. And then when it's all done, then you can go and other places around town.
Speaker 4: Chap you can't go get your certificates and tanks or something.
Speaker 3: And then go out and use use your gifts or tickets and stuff you So, yeah, so lots of good stuff, but we really look forward to this. Please mark your calendar July twenty six, the last Saturday of the month, always in July is our place. Mark that in your calendars and come join us for the auction. We have a lot of people that come back year after year because we just have so much fun together. So join the fun and come be with us.
Speaker 1: When do the doors open out there at the fair grounds and Dewey.
Speaker 4: Open at eight, The bidding starts at nine, and then silent auction it starts at eight thirty right there in the middle, right there.
Speaker 2: In the middle exactly. So we'll be back and talk about it again.
Speaker 3: But what we just wanted to get make sure everybody has it on their calendars and on their radar. And if you really if you have a business and you want us to shop. Talk to your sales rep and we're glad to come shop.
Speaker 4: If you don't have a sales rep, you can always call us.
Speaker 5: We'll get you one.
Speaker 1: There you go. Now, everybody's gotta be walking around potading like they're an auctioneer.
Speaker 3: He well, and it's services too, I mean, you know, it doesn't have to be a retail type business.
Speaker 2: Service type business, yes, and we do. We do gift certificates for things like that.
Speaker 4: So electric and plumbing and landscaping and the holding septic couldn't get there, yeah, and we've got Bowboy binds.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So there's lots of lots of different service types as well.
Speaker 2: So cool.
Speaker 1: All right. Just go to the website Martin Little Radio dot com. On the right hand side of the homepage. You'll see the little auctioneerything and you do the little clickity do do, and you'll see everything. And he gets updated every time we buy something wrong.
Speaker 5: It does indeed.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, hey ladies, thanks for being with us today.
Speaker 5: Thank you Tom.
Speaker 1: Alrighty