Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Well, if we've.
Speaker 3: Spent a lot of time writing, and then if.
Speaker 1: We spend any time writing or rehearsing this what we should jump off the roof.
Speaker 4: You know, the show has got it's obviously canned.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's such a scripted show, and you guys don't even do a good job of like playing off each other. It's a scripted show with a bunch of talking points.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, please hear that. Others need to conceive the point as well. We don't need your op. Thanks, We don't need your.
Speaker 2: What do you What do you think that's about?
Speaker 3: That's the irony of it.
Speaker 1: What do you think that's about? Like do you think, okay, let's go down the list. Is it love? Is it money? Is it traffic? I think what happened took his money?
Speaker 4: Maybe we don't need your thanks?
Speaker 3: Okay, So like a first wife.
Speaker 1: Second, judging from that, I would say third, play it again.
Speaker 2: Profile, Yeah, I don't hear the whole.
Speaker 4: You know, the show has got it's obviously canned. I mean it's such a scripted show.
Speaker 2: He's from the East Coast.
Speaker 5: You guys don't.
Speaker 4: Even do a good job of like playing.
Speaker 5: All each other.
Speaker 1: Was an angry script Coast guy that came Is that Boston or New York? I think New York. I think he's an angry East Coast person that moved out here in the maybe the late nineties, hoping for something better, a better life, and found nothing.
Speaker 2: And this weather is reminding.
Speaker 1: Him of the promise of home and of the promise of coming out west, like so many do. Uh, and then their dreams die here, just like they would have died in New York, and he's taking it out on us.
Speaker 2: Is this a.
Speaker 4: Disc the show has got? It's obviously canned. It's such a scripted show.
Speaker 1: Is that a Is that a dis How could you ever think that somebody would write this and then press play?
Speaker 3: A reminder, by the way, this is a teacher's appreciation week, nurses appreciation week. If you want to shout out to teachers or teachers or nurses, obviously care how could you record that.
Speaker 2: Play it so everybody can know you do.
Speaker 3: Not need your opinions teachers or nurses that you would like to appreciate. Leave us a talkback message on the iHeart app. We'll talk about it. Also, coming up later, we are going to be giving away your chance to win a one hundred dollars stone Fire gift card.
Speaker 6: You know what it was?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: What do you think it was?
Speaker 1: Well, remember earlier when we were talking about the poppies, and we were talking about how we are kind of dissing the people that are just going to take their cell phone to go out into the Analyg Valley and pose half naked in the poppies and lie down and roll around in them and then take pictures and find his angles. That was that guy we.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's on his way out there right now. He's wearing a crop top and super short felt hat of some kind, oh a felt hat, like like a floppy felt hat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what else is going on?
Speaker 6: Time for what's happening.
Speaker 3: The biggest deal of the day, of course, was this meeting today that took place between President Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney, the new one. The API says they faced off in the Oval Office. It was a little more cordial than I think a lot of people were expecting. But neither one of them showed any sign of retreating from their differences when it comes to this ongoing trade war. They kept it civil for the most part, but President Trump called to make Canada the fifty first state once again, and Carney then insisted that Canada is not for sale, and Trump said time will tell, and he said never, and Trump said, will never say never. So I mean that's kind of the way. But they did it all with smiles on their faces.
Speaker 1: Well, adding a tragedy to more tragedy. There are questions that I have about that dui suspect that killed bron Levy in Manhattan Beach. This happened over the weekend. You've no doubt heard about it. This kid, very popular Loyoa High School tennis star, Bron Levy. He was killed by a drunk driver who was driving with a suspended license. She's thirty three. She was arrested at the scene. She was driving on a suspended license from a previous drunk driving arrest. Now, she was not charged in that previous arrest with drunk driving. They let her go. Charged her with a hit and run and damage to property. Had she been convicted of that first dui, this would be murder this time around. You drive drunk, you get CA, you sign something that says I know if I do this again, I'll kill somebody, or I can kill somebody, And that's the way they get you for murder the second time around. And I don't know what happened the first time around where this got reduced from drunk driving to a hit and run with the property damage. But she should be charged with murder for this.
Speaker 3: She doesn't. She doesn't have to have that previous DUI for it to be or does she.
Speaker 1: It's a yeah guarantee exactly.
Speaker 3: Check Out the hidden cameras in the old dance studio bathroom. We've heard this story before, but in this case, it was the Hermosa School of Dance on Aviation Boulevard. Concealed cameras found in wicker baskets placed inside the unisex bathrooms. Hopefully they find whoever put them there and throw them away for a long time. There's a new city, a new city in California called Mountain House Incorporated July.
Speaker 1: I have a friend, roommate from college who lives in Mountainhouse with her.
Speaker 3: Two hundred and eighty or sorry, twenty eight thousand, residents. It is now California's four hundred and eighty third city.
Speaker 2: Well, she's from El Toro in fact.
Speaker 3: And now from Mountain Him, Yes, exactly. Christy Noam, the Secretary of Homeland Security, says that if you do not have your real ID, you can still board a plane. Of course, tomorrow is the day that you're gonna have to get your real ID. But she told a congressional panel about eighty five sorry, eighty one percent of travelers do have IDs that comply with the real ID requirements. Security checkpoints will also be accepting passports, obviously tribal identification. When the deadline hits tomorrow, they said, those who do not have an ID that complies with real ID may be diverted to a different line. They may have an extra step, But as of right now, you will still be allowed to flock.
Speaker 1: Dodgers taking on the Marlins in Miami today first pitch three forty. Listen to all Dodger games on AM five seventy LA Sports live from the Gallupin Motors Broadcast Booth. Stream all Dodgers game in h D on the iHeartRadio app keyword AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: We don't need your opinion.
Speaker 2: No, we don't. Do you want your Jefpary question?
Speaker 3: Do when we come back?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: We were talking about near death experiences just a short time ago and how it is that changes people's attitudes, Hiary and Shannon.
Speaker 7: Hey, I almost choked to death in my car eating lunch because I hadn't eaten all day. It's not funny, and I was starving and I was scarfing down food and I ate a piece. I was too big, and I couldn't breathe, and I had barely any air in my lungs, and I had did the Heimelick on myself. And life has never been in the same sense it was. I couldn't hard to explain.
Speaker 3: Yes, I get it. I mean, I've never experience that, but I can understand why. Hey, this is scary.
Speaker 2: You're looking right at me.
Speaker 8: I had a massive heart tech in twenty twenty one. I was dead for about eight and a half minutes. Thank God, I came back and everything, my perception of death changed.
Speaker 2: I bet did you hear him enjoying the birds?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta jump it out a little bit, damn right. Learn that from Ferris Bueller.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, I have a near death experience every day listening to your show.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you know what, I'm still kicking.
Speaker 10: Keep it going.
Speaker 3: Hurtful, hurtful. We don't need your opinion like that. That's not how good.
Speaker 6: Bring me back on.
Speaker 3: A happier note, though, we have a bunch of people that wanted to honor nurses and teachers today.
Speaker 9: My sister was a nurse and then a nurse practitioner we're in general who headeded up the first HIV ward in the mid nineteen eighties. That was before people even knew what caused it, and she was really instrumental in taking care of the HIV patients when almost no one else would at Marine General.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's the heart of that early to mid eighties. Like that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Hey, Gary, Shannon David here, and you're a Blendham. My daughter's been a nurse for over twenty years and COVID just about broke her and a lot of her friends just the same. Some did leave articulate leave of absence. She does have PTSD and I really feel for all the nurses out there for going through that. But they're still a hearticled love the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you. That's hard to underestimate, hard to understate, no, hard to overstate.
Speaker 1: Hey, if I wrote this show, I would not have had all those uplifting things right together like that.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 12: I want to give a shout out to my wife, Amy Arneson, who is a special educational school teacher for an online school and has since the last twelve years. You know, she works really hard and helps those kiddos out.
Speaker 3: That's a great listen. It is teacher Appreciation Week, Nurse appreciation week. How about this. We do have a gift card to give away and we'll tell you how you can win it in just a couple of minutes. But before we do that, we have Yes you can, Yeah, you can do it. You can do it. Go ahead. What's the matter with you? Are you having a near death experience? Okay, well, then we'll come back.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty Top of the.
Speaker 3: Day from the Inland Empire.
Speaker 10: This a class chicking in with ya? Who the hell is that talking about the Germey and Shannon Show. Like, dude, nobody cares about your opinion. Go crowd to your mama boy, don't you know Garmyan Shanna got the best chemistry on on air radio and Shannon got the greatest laugh Like, dude, you gotta twist it.
Speaker 3: It's even funny when the snot comes out of her nose. I just wanted to to share all our secrets.
Speaker 2: Do we need to share all our secrets?
Speaker 1: You can't see a band together for six hundred dollars. With the right accordion player, your band can follow and Frankie Yankovic's footsteps and.
Speaker 3: Become king of this king of the polka.
Speaker 2: Ah is the l not silent?
Speaker 3: What poka?
Speaker 2: It's polka polka.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I've always said, polkaka.
Speaker 1: I think I've always said poka. I don't I have I don't think I've always said that word. Side for True Crime Tuesday.
Speaker 5: The story is true, sounds true?
Speaker 11: No, it sounds made up.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Parry and Shannon present Crime. All right, this is a warning. This is a pretty violent story. This is the story of Catherine Knight and just to let you know how it ends, she was the first woman in the history of Australia to be sentenced to life in prison. She's she had severe issues from go.
Speaker 2: Can I have some nice music to start this story?
Speaker 3: I don't even know what.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what's music.
Speaker 1: It started off nice, just like every relationship. Catherine Knight and John Price seem to be the perfect couple, bubbly, charming and adored by each other's children. But the relationship quickly descended into chaos as Catherine stabbed John thirty seven times into capito. Well it started nice, bubbly, charming and adored.
Speaker 3: I don't even know. Okay, let's back it up, all right, please?
Speaker 9: Shall we?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: She was born, Catherine was Can I get back my nice music?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Catherine was born and raised in Moore.
Speaker 1: It was a dysfunctional family, which one isn't, which saw her mother Barbara cheat on her father Jack with his coworker and friend Kenneth.
Speaker 2: It's just kids stuff, bob.
Speaker 6: She had seven.
Speaker 1: She had seven siblings. She was a twin and oh, this is really dark. I don't know if I can.
Speaker 3: She was abused.
Speaker 1: She was abused, yeah, by several family members.
Speaker 2: It's you cut the good music?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, actually, no good parts of this story anyway.
Speaker 2: Apart from her twin sister, the only person she was.
Speaker 1: Catherine was close to within her family was her uncle Oscar Knight, who was a champion horseman by the way, and then he killed himself.
Speaker 3: She got into high school, she was known as a loner. She was known as a bully actually, that would prey on the younger kids. She assaulted at least one boy at school with a weapon, was once left injured by a teacher, but it turns out that the teacher was simply defending themselves against her. When she left school at the age of fifteen, she couldn't read, She couldn't write. She got a job as a cutter in a clothing factory.
Speaker 1: She was promoted pretty remember that pr Yeah, she was promoted pretty quickly, given her own set of butcher's knives, in fact, which she kept strapped to the.
Speaker 2: Ceiling above her bed.
Speaker 1: Guys, guys, quick little psa on life. If you hook up with a woman, a girl, anyone, and they've got a set up butcher knives strapped to the ceiling above their bed, no sex is worth that.
Speaker 3: She This job that she had as at the local abbatois what's an fancy word for slaughterhouse? Okay, that's that's how she was making money and stayed in that job until she was eventually put behind bars. She married back in nineteen seventy three. First first marriage. He was a heavy drinker. They met while they were working at the slaughterhouse before they tied the knot in a drunken ceremony a year.
Speaker 1: Later, Catherine's mom said to the soon to be husband at the ceremony, you better watch this one or she'll e fin kill you, stir up the wrong way, or do the wrong thing in year f.
Speaker 3: That's very similar to what my mother in law told me on my wedding day.
Speaker 2: Is it really.
Speaker 1: On their wedding night, Michelle, excuse me not, Michelle. Catherine tried to strangle her husband yeap, later explaining it was because he fell asleep after only having sex three times.
Speaker 2: Guys, never mind?
Speaker 3: Are their red flags? Is that what you're saying? I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a real ding dong, isn't it? Is that a plus or a minus? Like your wife's pissed off at you because you only want to go out it three times.
Speaker 3: In one of their fights, she smashed him in the head with a frying pan because he got home late after a dart competition when he reached the finals. But the detail of this story is incredible. Now is none of this is the crime that put her in jail for life without parole.
Speaker 1: But then again, totally I'm sorry, Like that's sad. Arrived home late from a darts competition after he reached the final, so he didn't even win it.
Speaker 3: He didn't even win. That sucks. Maybe that's what it was had he come back with a trophy.
Speaker 2: This is like when you come home from fantasy camp.
Speaker 3: And all I am is sore. Yeah, we'll continue the story, and trust me, it gets pretty gruesome.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We are in the middle of True Crime Tuesday and we're talking about Catherine Knight. Where we left off. Well, Catherine had a rough go of things right out the shoot there as well. She had an awful childhood, sexually abused by different men in her family throughout her childhood, troubled relationships without men or with men throughout her adult life, many many, many red flags.
Speaker 2: None were heated.
Speaker 1: There is a book written about Catherine, by the way, it's called Blood Stains, and it all came to a head in a murder in two thousand and one, but up until that point, she.
Speaker 2: Was a bully.
Speaker 1: We talked about how she beat people up at school. She tried to strangle her first husband on their wedding night because he didn't want to have sex more than three times later, fractured his skull with a frying pan, killed another partner's dog, and stabbed him with a pair of scissors. A former detective says she was a horror movie in the making, to which I say, that's a pretty solid horror movie.
Speaker 2: Up until that point, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She eventually begins an affair with a John Price before nineteen eighty eight, when his marriage ended. She later moved into his house in nineteen ninety five. He was aware of her reputation. I'm going to repeat that, he was aware of her violent reputation and decided to look the other way.
Speaker 1: Sometimes crazy women there the uh the craziest.
Speaker 3: He refused to marry her, and she tried to force him by apparently recording him, videotaping him the stuff that he had stolen from work, and then sending that videotape to the boss. He even said at one point he was so worried about her. He told his coworkers, Hey, if I don't show up to work tomorrow, call the cops. Guess what.
Speaker 1: He didn't show up to work the next day. Neighbors found the officers. The next morning. This was March first, two thousand. Why well, there were blood stains on the couple's front door.
Speaker 3: Police show up.
Speaker 1: They go inside and they find this guy not as lucky as the first husband. No, they find his body mutilated inside the home. She's found passed out nearby.
Speaker 3: Why would you fall asleep? She took a bunch of pills. No, no, no him. She stabbed him at first while he was sleeping. You already know that what you're living with, and you know you've just told everybody because you took a restraining order out on her and told your coworkers this might be the end of it. And then you fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Sergeant Robert Wells was one of the first on the scene. He says, by the time I got there, Catherine was leaving in an ambulance. She had taken enough pills, not enough to kill her, but enough to make her sleep. Sergeant Robert Wells says, I walked inside. Here comes I walked inside and saw the human skin pelt hanging up, completely intact in one piece.
Speaker 3: Again, remember she worked at a slaughterhouse, so she knew how to do this.
Speaker 1: John Price's decapitated and skinned body was lying on the floor in the lounge room. We found his head. It had been boiled and cooked in a pot on the stove. There were a number of slices of rump taken off of his human rump, baked in the oven with some vegetables and put on plates with the name of two of his children on them.
Speaker 2: Good night. Everybody needs to say.
Speaker 3: She was sence life in prison without parole because they don't have the death penalty there in Australia. She appealed. She appealed five years later, lost and appeal thankfully.
Speaker 1: I should use different seasoning. You're right, I should not have made that meal the way I made it.
Speaker 3: During the sentencing, the judge said the last minutes of his life must have been a time of abject terror, as they were a time of utter enjoyment for her.
Speaker 1: Well, and he had no idea. I mean she didn't skin him a did she skin him alive? Did she cut off parts of his rump for the rump roast when he was still alive. Well, do we know the cause, the manner of the whole, how did he die?
Speaker 3: I would have said the stab the thirty seven stab wounds to multiple times?
Speaker 1: Are those stab wounds aside from the stab wounds that go along with getting skinned.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid you're asking specific questions that make you weird. We can just pull back and say he died.
Speaker 1: Well, it's I mean, it's a matter of science. It's in the autops that's.
Speaker 3: What it is. Forensics is what you're concerned.
Speaker 1: But I mean, if you're stabbed thirty seven times, it's a horrific way to die. But that's not getting skinned alive and watching part of your you know, your your rump being cut off for the oven with some parsnips.
Speaker 3: And with that The John Cobelt Show is up next.
Speaker 2: What is a parsnip?
Speaker 3: A beatroot? Ah? Yeah, perfect, or a root veggie or whatever.
Speaker 2: The Hey throw that in roast that baby right up.
Speaker 3: Of course you could soften it up, just like all the other parts we'll see tomorrow. Stay dry, everybody, Yeah, this is scripted. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap